时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:35] | Dawn Chambers, please. | 请接一下唐恩·钱伯斯 |
[01:39] | Dawn Chambers. | 唐恩·钱伯斯 |
[01:41] | I’m glad I caught you. | 我很高兴你在 |
[01:42] | I need ribbon for my typewriter. | 我的打字机需要个色带 |
[01:44] | It’s a Coronet. | 那是皇冠牌的 |
[01:46] | And I have letterhead, but I could use a ream of onionskin. | 我有信纸 但还需要很多半透明纸 |
[01:50] | Okay. | 好的 |
[01:51] | And I wrote a letter to Fritz over at Leica. | 我之前给莱卡的弗里茨写了封信 |
[01:53] | I’m going to need an airmail envelope. | 我需要航空邮件的信封 |
[01:56] | I can get these sent over to you right now. | 我现在就可以叫人把这些给你送去 |
[01:58] | Just bring them with you. | 你带来就行了 |
[01:59] | Mr. Draper, I’m swamped. | 德雷柏先生 我抽不开身 |
[02:01] | I have to get a schedule out for a shoot. | 我得为广告拍摄安排行程 |
[02:03] | So you can come a little later. What are you shooting? | 那你可以晚些再来 拍的是什么广告 |
[02:06] | Mountain Dew. | 激浪 |
[02:07] | Oh. What is it? | 是吗 内容是什么 |
[02:10] | Um, it’s called “Invisible Boy.” | 名字叫”隐形的男孩” |
[02:13] | It’s this kid– | 讲的是一个孩子 |
[02:15] | Ginsberg finally got that through. | 金斯伯格的创意总算是被通过了 |
[02:17] | I guess so. | 我想是吧 |
[02:18] | Anyway, Mr. Draper, | 总之 德雷柏先生 |
[02:19] | I can get a messenger to you in 20 minutes, | 我20分钟后就能叫人送到你那儿 |
[02:22] | unless you’re going out. | 除非你要出门 |
[02:24] | Obviously I didn’t make any plans. | 我很明显没什么安排 |
[02:26] | I was expecting you to come over. | 我本来还等着你来呢 |
[02:29] | Were there any calls? | 有人找过我吗 |
[02:30] | Just Mr. Alan Silver from the Paul Kohner Agency in Los Angeles. | 只有洛杉矶保罗·科纳公司的艾伦·希尔沃 |
[02:35] | Can you get him on the line? | 那你能接通他的电话吗 |
[02:37] | I’m sorry, my phone is ringing off the hook. | 抱歉 我这边电话响个不停 |
[02:40] | I hope it’s okay. | 希望您见谅 |
[02:41] | He says you have his number. | 他说你有他的号码 |
[02:42] | Or I can give it to you again. | 或者我可以再给你一下 |
[02:44] | No, Dawn, I want you to call him. | 不 唐恩 我要你打给他 |
[02:46] | I, uh– can you hold? | 我 你能稍等一下吗 |
[03:05] | Don Draper for Alan Silver. | 我是唐·德雷柏 请接艾伦·希尔沃 |
[03:08] | Don. Glad I caught you. | 唐 真高兴你来电 |
[03:10] | I was beginning to give up hope. | 我差点就放弃希望了 |
[03:13] | How can I help you? | 你找我什么事 |
[03:14] | It’s a bit of a casting issue. | 是选角的问题 |
[03:17] | I don’t know if I can help you with that. | 我不知道能不能帮上你这个忙 |
[03:19] | Well, it has to do with our girl. | 和我们的梅根姑娘有关 |
[03:22] | And I’m probably overreacting, | 也许是我反应过度 |
[03:24] | but you’re the closest thing to a manager and, | 你差不多算是她的经纪人了 |
[03:27] | let’s face it, you probably have more influence. | 老实说 你对她的影响力也比我大 |
[03:31] | You better. | 最好是这样 |
[03:32] | Just get to it, Alan. | 赶紧说重点 艾伦 |
[03:34] | Megan went into an audition | 梅根参加了一个试镜 |
[03:37] | and performed adequately from what I can tell, | 我觉得她表现得相当不错 |
[03:41] | and by the time she got to the parking lot | 但当她到停车场时 |
[03:43] | decided to call casting | 突然决定给选角人员打电话 |
[03:45] | and ask if she could come back in and do it differently. | 问她能否回去换个方式再演一次 |
[03:48] | So she’s persistent. | 她很坚持嘛 |
[03:50] | On Sunday she got the director’s number | 周日的时候 她从演艺班的人那里 |
[03:53] | from someone in her acting class, | 拿到了导演的电话 |
[03:55] | called his home, | 于是打去他家 |
[03:57] | then managed to run into him at the Brentwood Country Mart | 并成功地在布伦特伍德商场”偶遇”他 |
[04:01] | 美国著名编剧 电视制片人 | |
[04:01] | while he was having lunch with Rod Serling. | 当时他正和罗德·斯特林共进午餐 |
[04:05] | She met Rod Serling? | 她见到罗德·斯特林了吗 |
[04:06] | I don’t even know if she knew he was there. | 我都不知道她之前是否清楚他会在场 |
[04:09] | She apparently pled her case in tears | 结果她哭着求他 |
[04:12] | and demanded another reading. | 要求再念一遍台词 |
[04:15] | Why would she do that? | 她为何要做这种事 |
[04:17] | It’s not like I’ve never seen this before. | 这种情况我以前也遇见过 |
[04:19] | They lose their confidence. | 失去了信心就会这样 |
[04:20] | But I don’t want anyone to have that anecdote. | 但我可不希望任何人把这种事当谈资 |
[04:22] | It’s best we nip this in the bud. | 把这事扼杀在摇篮中比较好 |
[04:25] | Well, what am I supposed to do? | 那我该怎么做 |
[04:27] | You know her better than I do. | 你比我了解她 |
[04:29] | I tried to talk to her, but she hung up. | 我想找她谈 但她直接挂我电话 |
[04:31] | You have to tell her to relax. | 你得告诉她放松一点 |
[04:34] | She really is doing well as the new girl in town. | 作为新人 她真的算很不错的了 |
[04:37] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[04:38] | Well, then, I don’t want to take up any more of your precious time. | 好吧 那我就不耽误你的宝贵时间了 |
[04:41] | Yeah, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:00] | It’s the Clios. Who cares? | 克里奥奖而已 谁会在乎 |
[05:02] | I do. | 我在乎 |
[05:03] | But you shouldn’t give them the power to decide | 但你不该让他们来裁决 |
[05:04] | who shall live and who shall die. | 谁生 谁死 |
[05:07] | Stan and I are part of the agency, | 斯坦和我是公司的成员 |
[05:08] | and Playtex is our client. | 而倍得适是我们的客户 |
[05:10] | We’d feel the same if it was the other way around. | 如果角色互换 我们也会有同样的感受 |
[05:13] | Would you describe that as patronizing? | 你说她这表情是不是显得很屈尊降贵 |
[05:15] | I’m not taking anything away from anybody. | 我没有要抢走任何人的东西 |
[05:18] | But I’m not going to | 但我做不出 |
[05:19] | do better work than St. Joseph’s. | 比圣约瑟夫制药厂的广告更出色的作品了 |
[05:21] | Lou’s finishing his call. | 卢打完电话了 |
[05:24] | You’ll get ’em next year. | 你明年会赢的 |
[05:28] | I gave that account to you when I left. | 我走的时候把那个客户留给了你 |
[05:30] | I worked Playtex for years. | 我为倍得适做了很多年的广告 |
[05:32] | Well, maybe you didn’t work it right. | 或许 是你做得不对吧 |
[05:36] | Send in the cavalry. | 把小兵们都叫进来吧 |
[05:48] | Mr. Draper. Good morning. | 德雷柏先生 早上好 |
[05:50] | A weekday? What a treat. | 你竟然在工作日乘机 真难得 |
[05:52] | Nice to see you, Tricia. | 很高兴见到你 特丽莎 |
[05:54] | No briefcase? | 没带公文包吗 |
[05:55] | I’m going to surprise my wife. | 我要给我太太一个惊喜 |
[05:57] | I’ve said it before: I hate her. | 我以前也说过这话 我好嫉恨她 |
[06:04] | What can I get you? | 想喝点什么 |
[06:05] | Tomato juice. | 番茄汁 |
[06:09] | Freeze-frame as our stallion runs through the background. | 画面定格在背景中跑过的种马 |
[06:12] | The bottle appears. | 此时香水瓶出现 |
[06:14] | Announcer– “Chevalier Noir. More horsepower.” | 广告语响起 “黑骑士 更多马力” |
[06:19] | Why is there artwork? | 为什么要画广告图给我看 |
[06:20] | Well, I believe it really helps if you see it. | 我觉得你看到图 效果会比较直观 |
[06:24] | You understand every hour he works costs money? | 你知道他的工作是要我们付工资的吧 |
[06:26] | You can’t be hypothetical. | 你不能妄自判断 |
[06:28] | It took a second, Lou. | 我就花了一点点时间 卢 |
[06:29] | Stay out of it, Rizzo. | 别插话 瑞兹 |
[06:30] | It’s already done. Would you just look at it? | 反正都画好了 你看一下又怎么了 |
[06:33] | Who put a knot in your pantyhose? | 你这火是从哪来的 |
[06:35] | She’s upset because I got nominated for a Clio | 她不高兴是因为我获得了克里奥广告奖的提名 |
[06:38] | and “Rosemary’s Baby” didn’t. | 而《罗丝玛丽的婴儿》没得到 |
[06:40] | I don’t care about awards. | 我不在乎那奖 |
[06:44] | Sorry, Peggy. | 抱歉 佩奇 |
[06:45] | Jim pulled it because St. Joseph’s | 是吉姆做的决定 因为圣约瑟夫制药厂 |
[06:48] | was still unhappy about going over budget and, | 对于你们大幅超过预算的事依然很不高兴 |
[06:52] | and all the awards Ted’s already won for them. | 而且泰德为他们赢了那么多奖 |
[06:54] | They’re upset about winning? | 他们因为获奖而不高兴吗 |
[06:56] | You know clients hate awards. | 你也知道客户都讨厌获奖的 |
[06:58] | That’s why Ogilvy never submits. | 所以奥格威从不提交作品参选 |
[07:00] | He does it for the clients. Trust me. | 他是为了客户才那样做的 相信我 |
[07:03] | Wasn’t Ogilvy the chairman of the Clios last year? | 奥格威去年不是克里奥广告奖的颁奖主席吗 |
[07:06] | That’s comforting– you weren’t rejected. | 真让人倍感安慰啊 你不是被否决的 |
[07:09] | You weren’t even considered. | 你根本就不在考虑范围内 |
[07:13] | Are we finished? | 我们可以结束了吗 |
[07:14] | Sorry about that. | 很抱歉 |
[07:15] | You want to go to color? | 你要我上色吗 |
[07:16] | Ask your boss. | 问你的老大吧 |
[07:25] | I’m usually by his side. | 我一向支持他 |
[07:27] | The real challenge in our life has been | 我们面临的真正挑战是 |
[07:28] | trying to get Rocky’s attention. | 得到洛基的青睐 |
[07:30] | Rocky. | 洛基 |
[07:31] | I told you last time to tell him that I’m an admirer. | 我上次就让你告诉他我很崇拜他 |
[07:36] | After Henry patched things up, | 等亨利处理好眼前的事 |
[07:37] | he’d hoped to be on the short list for AG. | 他想成为”首检”候选人 |
[07:41] | Attorney General. | 首席检察官 |
[07:43] | But I shouldn’t be talking about this. | 但我现在不该谈这个 |
[07:45] | How are things in real estate? | 房地产最近行情如何 |
[07:47] | I’m a travel agent, Betty. | 我是旅行社经理 贝蒂 |
[07:49] | But you’re still going to take that exam again, aren’t you? | 但你还是打算再参加一次那个考试 不是吗 |
[07:52] | No, it’s going swimmingly. | 不用 我现在一切很愉快 |
[07:54] | I’m in the office three days a week now. | 我现在一周上3天班 |
[08:00] | “Wanderlust Travel.” | 浪游旅行社 |
[08:03] | That’s spicy. | 名字可真有挑逗性 |
[08:04] | Take a few. I’m sure you’ll need them. | 拿几张吧 我相信你会用到的 |
[08:06] | Henry’s secretary takes care of all that. | 亨利的秘书会帮我们安排好旅游行程的 |
[08:08] | But she still has to book through somebody. | 但她还是得通过别人才能预定啊 |
[08:10] | Trust me, it’s not all about | 相信我 不只是订到 |
[08:11] | breaking the rack rate on the hotel room. | 比门市价便宜的酒店那么简单 |
[08:13] | It’s about perfection. | 而是在于完美 |
[08:15] | One of my clients told me that | 我的一位客户告诉我 |
[08:16] | I redefined his definition of first class. | 我重新定义了他心中”一流”的概念 |
[08:22] | Three days a week in an office. | 一周只上3天班 |
[08:25] | What’s that like? | 那是什么感觉 |
[08:27] | It’s a little shopping center in Dobbs Ferry. | 就在多布斯费里的一个小型购物中心 |
[08:29] | Just a storefront, really. Bunch of desks. | 只有一个门面 真的 几张桌子 |
[08:32] | Everybody’s on the phone all the time, | 所有人都忙着不停地接电话 |
[08:33] | so you have to keep one finger in your ear. | 你都不得不一只手塞着耳朵才能听清 |
[08:35] | I have three phones and no secretary. | 我有3个电话 但没有秘书 |
[08:37] | Sometimes I can’t turn my neck when I get home. | 有时候累得我下班回家都没法儿扭脖子 |
[08:41] | Doesn’t Carlton complain? | 卡尔顿不会抱怨吗 |
[08:43] | He likes the money. | 他喜欢钱 |
[08:44] | He wants me to let the girl go, and I probably should. | 他希望我开了那姑娘 也许我是应该那么做 |
[08:46] | Ernie and Jenny are walking to school now. | 艾尼和珍妮现在都上学了 |
[08:48] | Well, Gene’s a few years away from that. | 吉恩还得再过几年才行 |
[08:51] | Oh, your time’s occupied. | 你的时间都被占用了 |
[08:53] | But for the rest of us, | 但对我们其他人来说 |
[08:55] | as they get older, there’s less and less to do. | 随着他们长大 我们越来越没什么可做了 |
[08:57] | Being alone in the house all that time. | 一直独自待在家里 |
[09:01] | I really needed a challenge. | 我真的需要一些挑战 |
[09:03] | Well, there’s still plenty of challenges ahead, believe me. | 相信我 未来会有许多挑战的 |
[09:07] | Fine. I needed a reward. | 好吧 我需要回报 |
[09:10] | I thought they were the reward. | 我觉得孩子就是回报啊 |
[09:14] | I don’t know. Maybe I’m old-fashioned. | 我不知道 也许是我这人太老传统了 |
[09:18] | Betty Draper, | 贝蒂·德雷柏 |
[09:19] | that is indeed how I would describe you. | 我正想用”老传统”这个词来形容你 |
[09:22] | I want that streusel coffee cake. Will you split? | 我要糖粉咖啡蛋糕 你要一起吃吗 |
[09:25] | Of course. | 好啊 |
[09:32] | Well, hello. How are you doing, Tom? | 你好 你好吗 汤姆 |
[09:36] | Randall. | 兰道尔 |
[09:36] | Good. | 很好 |
[09:37] | Our good friends at Koss here, | 高斯公司的几位好朋友 |
[09:39] | and frankly I’ll include myself, have a few questions for you. | 老实说 包括我 都有几个问题想问你 |
[09:43] | Love to explain anything. | 我乐意解释任何问题 |
[09:44] | I think it’s the media plan we agreed upon. | 我猜是关于我们之前同意的媒体计划吧 |
[09:48] | No. It’s about this article from a few weeks back. | 不是 是关于这篇几周前的文章 |
[09:52] | Yes, I’ve seen this, obviously. | 是的 我当然看过了 |
[09:55] | I’m very happy with our media plan, | 我对我们的媒体计划很满意 |
[09:57] | but Grey has this computer that they’re opening up to everybody. | 但精信公司拥有了一台对大众开放的电脑 |
[10:00] | We just thought maybe we should look into it. | 我觉得也许我们该调查一下 |
[10:03] | Or you should. | 或者说你应该 |
[10:05] | Look, may I sit down? | 我能坐下来吗 |
[10:10] | This is a very enviable piece of PR. | 此事堪称是经典的公关案例 |
[10:13] | Grey gets “The New York Times” to tell all about their computer | 精信公司让《纽约时报》大肆吹捧他们的电脑 |
[10:16] | by offering their services up to the world. | 可以向全世界提供服务 |
[10:18] | But I swear, as clever as it is, it’s just PR. | 但我发誓 尽管很高明 也只是公关噱头而已 |
[10:22] | I’m an engineer. | 我是个工程师 |
[10:23] | You can explain to me what the difference is | 你可以向我解释一下你们的电脑 |
[10:25] | between their computer and your computer. | 和他们的电脑之间的区别 |
[10:28] | Well, computers don’t think. People do. | 电脑无法思考 人才能思考 |
[10:31] | And the data accumulated by me and my department reflects | 我和我的部门收集的数据可以反映出 |
[10:33] | the same national availability of media. | 全国性媒体的覆盖度 |
[10:35] | What we will be able to offer soon is local data as well. | 但是很快 我们还能提供本地数据 |
[10:40] | We will be able to integrate | 我们可以将 |
[10:41] | local and national markets into one report. | 本地和全国市场整合进一片报告 |
[10:43] | We are developing that program. | 我们正在做相关规划 |
[10:45] | There you have it. | 你们都听明白了吧 |
[10:46] | You’ll forgive me, but Grey’s does sound very impressive. | 请原谅 但精信的做法听起来很了不起啊 |
[10:51] | They’re a different kind of agency. | 他们是不同种类的广告公司 |
[10:53] | I wasn’t even invited to this meeting | 我甚至都没被邀请参加这次会议 |
[10:55] | because this is about your business. | 因为这事关您的生意 |
[10:56] | Koss, that’s the only name that should be in the paper. | 高斯 应该是报纸上出现的唯一一个名字 |
[10:59] | Very well put. | 说得很好 |
[11:00] | Tom, does that put you at ease? | 汤姆 这样你是不是安心点了 |
[11:05] | I’m really sorry to put you through that. | 我很抱歉为难你了 |
[11:07] | Randy warned me, but, you know, I gotta ask. | 兰迪警告过我了 但我还是得问清楚 |
[11:12] | I’ll walk you out. | 我送你们出去 |
[11:14] | You said you wanted to poke your head in and say hi to Peggy? | 你之前说想去看看佩奇 打个招呼吗 |
[11:18] | It’s good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[11:19] | Got to get you out on that boat. | 我们一定会让你宽心的 |
[11:20] | Thank you, Jim. | 谢谢 吉姆 |
[11:21] | Harry, always a pleasure. | 哈里 非常荣幸 |
[11:28] | What are you smiling about? | 你在笑什么 |
[11:30] | Did you not call for a fireman? | 你不是把我喊来救火了吗 |
[11:32] | Why the hell is Grey Advertising coming up in my meeting? | 为什么精信广告会出现在我的会议上 |
[11:35] | Well, that article could have been about us | 如果我们的媒体部门也被足够重视 |
[11:37] | if anyone appreciated our media department. | 那篇文章的主角可能就是我们了 |
[11:39] | Are you aware your self-pity is distasteful? | 你没发现你的自怨自艾很让人讨厌吗 |
[11:43] | You know what? This conversation is over. | 算了 谈话到此结束吧 |
[11:45] | I’m really not interested. | 我真的没兴趣 |
[12:13] | Hello. | 你好啊 |
[12:15] | You’re here! | 你来啦 |
[12:16] | You surprised me! | 太让我惊喜了 |
[12:24] | Maybe I got your hints. | 也许是我收到你的暗示了 |
[12:26] | I’ve never, ever admitted that I wanted this. | 我绝不承认我日思夜想期盼这一刻 |
[12:29] | What happened? Did you get fired? | 怎么了 你被炒了吗 |
[12:33] | I just had a hankering. | 我突然有种冲动想来 |
[12:36] | Oh, really? | 真的吗 |
[12:37] | Well, an extra special hankering you shall get. | 那么你将得到一点特别的激情冲动 |
[12:50] | – In this summer, we’re gonna spend… – Hello. | -今年夏天我们将… -你们好呀 |
[12:54] | Loretta, please. | 你坐吧 洛丽塔 |
[12:56] | They’re not watching. | 他们没看电视 |
[12:59] | No, I believe they’re not interested in that. | 是啊 我也觉得他们不会对这种节目感兴趣的 |
[13:01] | Aren’t you helping Bobby with his homework? | 你不是在辅导博比的功课吗 |
[13:03] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 夫人 |
[13:04] | You gotta sign this slip for Bobby’s field trip. | 您得签字同意下博比的野外出行活动 |
[13:10] | How was everyone today? | 他们今天表现的怎么样 |
[13:11] | They’re little angels. | 像小天使一样可人 |
[13:15] | They’re looking for chaperones. | 需要有监护人陪同 |
[13:16] | I can take Genie along. | 我可以把吉恩也带上 |
[13:18] | Well, if you can remember to turn this in, | 你要是能记得把这个交上去 |
[13:20] | I want to go along. | 我就陪你去 |
[13:22] | You do? You’re gonna come? | 真的 你也要去吗 |
[13:24] | Yes. Yes, I am. | 是的 我会的 |
[13:26] | Great! It’s Miss Keyser’s dad’s farm. | 真棒 那是凯萨老师父亲的农场 |
[13:28] | She grew up there, | 她从小在那里长大 |
[13:29] | and they make butter and grow eggs. | 他们会自己做黄油 养鸡下蛋 |
[13:31] | Well, we’ll see all that, won’t we? | 我们到那儿就能看到了 不是吗 |
[13:33] | I’m going to change. | 我去换换衣服 |
[13:40] | I really needed that. | 我真的很需要刚刚的激情 |
[13:43] | I really needed this. | 也需要现在的温情相拥 |
[13:47] | So I could have been anyone. | 看来你完全可以另找个人替代我啊 |
[13:48] | It’s your own fault. | 都是你的错 |
[13:51] | I think I’ve been alone too much. | 我一个人寂寞太久了 |
[13:54] | You have so many friends, I can’t keep track. | 你有那么多朋友 我都记不住 |
[13:57] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:01] | It’s sunny here for everyone but me. | 每个人都阳光灿烂的 只有我很阴郁 |
[14:04] | I’m walking around in a cloud of “no.” | 我一直在被不断地否定拒绝 |
[14:10] | Megan, you know, they’re getting rejected, too. | 梅根 别人也常吃闭门羹 |
[14:15] | Maybe they’re just handling it better. | 也许他们只是应对的更好罢了 |
[14:20] | That’s a terrible thing to say. | 你这话说得有点儿残忍 |
[14:22] | I’m speaking from experience. | 我这完全是经验之谈 |
[14:26] | You can’t let it erode your confidence. | 你不能让这种事毁了你的自信 |
[14:30] | And you can’t get angry or desperate. | 不要愤怒 更不要绝望 |
[14:33] | I know that. | 我懂的 |
[14:35] | I know all that. | 我全都懂 |
[14:38] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你来找我到底是为什么 |
[14:43] | Alan called me. | 艾伦给我打了电话 |
[14:44] | What? He called you? | 什么 他给你打电话了 |
[14:49] | I’m your husband. | 我是你丈夫 |
[14:51] | He was worried. | 他担心你 |
[14:52] | Great, now I have to fire him. | 真好啊 现在我得开掉他了 |
[14:54] | What am I gonna do? | 我该怎么办 |
[14:55] | How am I gonna find someone new? | 我去哪儿找新的经纪人 |
[14:57] | You don’t have to fire anyone. | 你没必要开除任何人 |
[14:58] | You just have to stop acting like a lunatic. | 你只要别这么神经质就好 |
[15:01] | What did he say? | 他怎么跟你说的 |
[15:02] | You know what? Forget it. | 算了 不提这事了 |
[15:04] | So, you came out here to what? | 你来找我干什么 |
[15:08] | Pull me out of a bathtub where I slit my wrists? | 把我从垂死的边缘拯救回来吗 |
[15:10] | I’ll admit it, I was worried. | 我承认 我很担心你 |
[15:12] | Well, thanks for the visit, Daddy. | 谢谢你过来探望我 “爸爸” |
[15:15] | I was stupid for thinking you could possibly miss me. | 我竟然以为你是想我了 真够蠢的 |
[15:18] | I do miss you. | 我确实想你了 |
[15:22] | No, you don’t. | 不 你没有 |
[15:23] | I should fly in and surprise you. | 我该飞到纽约给你惊喜才对 |
[15:27] | Yeah, that’s a scary thought, isn’t it? | 是吧 想想就很恐怖吧 |
[15:30] | No. | 不是的 |
[15:31] | Really? | 是吗 |
[15:32] | You’re never there when I call, | 我打电话到你办公室你从来都不在 |
[15:34] | and you always have to call me back. | 你每次都要回拨给我 |
[15:35] | And it’s always quiet. | 而且背景音很安静 |
[15:37] | Why is it quiet in that office? | 你的办公室怎么会那么安静 |
[15:40] | And I’ve never even heard a typewriter. | 我从来都没听到打字机的声音 |
[15:41] | That’s not true. | 不可能 |
[15:42] | Yes, it is true! | 不 就是那样 |
[15:44] | I’m sorry I had to interrupt your love affairs | 很抱歉 我不该拿我事业上的大挫折 |
[15:47] | with the disaster of my career. | 来扰乱你的风流韵事 |
[15:49] | Megan, sit down. | 梅根 你坐下 |
[15:50] | I was your secretary, remember? | 我以前也是你的秘书 你忘了吗 |
[15:53] | I know what you’re like when you’re left alone. | 我知道你一个人的时候是什么德行 |
[15:55] | You’re acting crazy. | 你这就有点儿撒泼了 |
[15:56] | So where are you? | 那你去哪儿了 |
[15:58] | Why can’t I reach you? | 我为什么联系不到你 |
[15:59] | Who’s your new girl, Don? | 你的新情妇叫什么名字 唐 |
[16:01] | There is no one else! | 没有什么新情妇 |
[16:07] | I’ve been at home. | 我一直待业在家 |
[16:10] | They put me on leave, okay? | 他们让我暂时离开 明白吗 |
[16:13] | You lost your job? | 你丢了工作 |
[16:17] | Don’t worry, I’m still getting paid. | 别担心 我还领着工资 |
[16:19] | I don’t give a shit. When did this happen? | 我不管这些 这是什么时候的事 |
[16:22] | Right after you left. | 你刚走就发生了 |
[16:26] | They fired you last year? | 他们去年就把你炒了 |
[16:29] | I didn’t get fired. That’s the thing. | 我没被炒 那才是事实 |
[16:32] | I don’t know if they want me or they don’t want me. | 我不知道他们还想不想用我 |
[16:35] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你为什么不告诉我 |
[16:37] | Because I messed up | 因为我搞砸了 |
[16:39] | and I didn’t want you to know until I fixed it. | 我想把一切都补救好了再跟你说 |
[16:41] | And there is no one else. | 而且我根本没有找新情妇 |
[16:42] | I’ve been good. | 我一直很老实 |
[16:43] | I haven’t even been drinking that much. | 我甚至都没怎么喝酒了 |
[16:48] | So with a clear head, | 所以你每天保持着清醒的头脑 |
[16:52] | you got up every day and decided that | 迎接新的一天 却依然决定 |
[16:54] | you didn’t want to be with me? | 不要过来跟我在一起 |
[17:00] | Megan. | 梅根 |
[17:10] | I’m not walking out of my own house. | 我不会离开我自己家的 |
[17:13] | So that means you have to leave. | 所以 你该走人了 |
[17:17] | Have you calmed down? | 你冷静下来了吗 |
[17:20] | I’m not kidding around. | 我没开玩笑 |
[17:23] | I want you to call a cab, get on a plane, go home. | 你现在马上打车 坐上飞机 回家 |
[17:32] | I don’t want you to worry about me anymore. | 我不需要你再担心我了 |
[17:35] | – Stop it. – It’s okay, Don. | -别说了 -没关系的 唐 |
[17:38] | This is the way it ends. | 一切到此为止 |
[17:42] | It’s going to be so much easier for both of us. | 像这样对你我都好受得多 |
[18:05] | I have Mr. Grady calling. | 有一位格拉迪先生来电找你您 |
[18:07] | He’s from “The Wall Street Journal.” | 他来自《华尔街日报》 |
[18:08] | Really? Put him through. | 是吗 给我转接进来 |
[18:14] | Harold Crane here. | 我是哈罗德·克雷恩 |
[18:18] | We have a situation. | 出现新情况了 |
[18:21] | I know this isn’t the message, | 我知道这算不上什么启示 |
[18:22] | but we can all learn something from the funeral business. | 但是殡葬业的确有值得我们学习的地方 |
[18:26] | Did you tell “The Wall Street Journal” to give me a call? | 是你让《华尔街日报》的记者采访我的吗 |
[18:29] | I felt badly about diminishing your contributions | 我对于今晨在会上没有对你的贡献 |
[18:31] | in this morning’s meeting. | 予以重视感到很愧疚 |
[18:33] | And let’s face it, this computer situation is an arms race. | 说白了 电脑这事儿就像场军备竞赛 |
[18:36] | There’s no point in winning if people don’t know. | 如果大众根本毫不知情 赢了也没意义 |
[18:38] | Well, we’re not winning. We don’t have a computer. | 我们并没有赢 我们没有电脑 |
[18:41] | What? | 什么 |
[18:42] | Believe me, I ask for one every Christmas | 相信我 每年圣诞节我都提出要台电脑 |
[18:44] | and no one even bothers to say no. | 大伙儿连句拒绝都懒得说 |
[18:46] | Well, why did you tell the client we do? | 那你怎么告诉客户我们有电脑 |
[18:48] | It’s semantics. | 只是一种说辞罢了 |
[18:50] | We use a computer, therefore I call it our computer. | 我们使用过一台电脑 所以我说是我们的电脑 |
[18:52] | But it’s actually someone else’s computer. | 但其实是别人的电脑 |
[18:55] | And the local markets program? | 那么本地市场项目呢 |
[18:58] | It’s a great idea. I’m sure someone’s going to do that. | 那是个好主意 迟早有人会做 |
[19:02] | You have stiff competition, | 你很有竞争意识 |
[19:05] | but I believe you to be | 但我认为你是 |
[19:06] | the most dishonest man I have ever worked with. | 与我共事过的最不诚实的人 |
[19:10] | I didn’t call “The Wall Street Journal.” Kill it. | 我没有给《华尔街日报》打电话 取消吧 |
[19:18] | Dave Wooster’s office. | 达夫·伍斯特办公室 |
[19:19] | Is Dave in? It’s Clarence Birdseye calling. | 达夫在吗 就说克劳伦斯·伯利兹找他 |
[19:22] | Just a minute. Let me see if he’s available. | 稍等 我看看他是否有空 |
[19:27] | Well, hello, Don. | 你好 唐 |
[19:29] | Enough dancing around. | 别拐弯抹角了 |
[19:31] | Let’s have dinner. | 我们吃顿饭吧 |
[19:32] | How’s tonight? | 今晚如何 |
[19:33] | 7:30. The Algonquin. | 7:30 阿尔冈昆餐厅 |
[19:45] | Well, while we’re digesting, | 在我们消化时 |
[19:46] | perhaps you should do a little digesting. | 也许你可以考虑一下 |
[19:54] | You can look at it now or you can put it in your pocket, | 你可以现在看 也可以放进口袋 |
[19:57] | but you can’t use it as a coaster. | 但你不能当杯垫 |
[20:01] | Why don’t you just tell me what’s in it? | 你为什么不直接告诉我内容 |
[20:03] | Why don’t you look? | 你为什么不看 |
[20:06] | That’s coy. | 太忸怩了 |
[20:07] | No, that’s drama. | 不 这叫戏剧性 |
[20:09] | Excuse me. | 打扰了 |
[20:12] | I’m sure you caught my eye during dinner. | 你在吃晚餐时一定注意到我的眼神了 |
[20:14] | I was only staring because I believe we know each other. | 我盯着你是因为我觉得我们认识对方 |
[20:19] | Emily Arnett? | 艾米丽·阿莱特 |
[20:25] | I’m afraid I can’t place you. | 我好像不记得你 |
[20:29] | I’m sorry. I don’t mean to interrupt anything. | 抱歉 我无意打搅 |
[20:32] | Would you like to join us? | 你想加入我们吗 |
[20:35] | No, I’m off to bed. | 不 我去睡觉了 |
[20:37] | Hopefully I’ll be able to sleep. | 但愿我能睡着 |
[20:40] | I’m on the top floor right next to the elevator. | 我住在顶楼电梯旁的房间 |
[20:44] | Well, it’s a pleasure to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[20:47] | Have a good night. | 晚安 |
[20:51] | Who was she? | 她是谁 |
[20:53] | Fellas, there’s no need for the hard sell. | 二位 你们没必要强行推销啊 |
[20:56] | We had nothing to do with that. | 她可不是我们安排的 |
[20:58] | I wish I’d thought of it. | 我倒希望我能想到这点子 |
[21:02] | Should we get another drink, or do you have someplace to be? | 我们是再喝一杯 还是你要去”某个地方” |
[21:21] | Hello. | 你好 |
[21:23] | What are you doing here? | 你来这儿做什么 |
[21:24] | Are you alone? | 你一个人吗 |
[21:26] | For the time being. | 暂时是 |
[21:34] | I came by because I had a quick question. | 我来是想问你个简单的问题 |
[21:35] | Shoot. | 说吧 |
[21:36] | How do you sleep at night? | 你晚上怎么睡得着 |
[21:38] | You know what? I called you at Christmas. | 你猜怎么着 我圣诞节给你打过电话 |
[21:41] | I’m sorry I opened the door. I was expecting a BLT. | 我后悔开门了 我在等三明治 |
[21:42] | Why would I want to talk to you when you fired me? | 我怎么可能跟炒了我的人说话 |
[21:45] | I got the message. “Merry Christmas, love, Judas.” | 我懂你的意思 “圣诞快乐 爱你的犹大” |
[21:50] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[21:53] | That’s a nice offer. | 条件不错 |
[21:55] | They’re really trying to make it sound like it’s not a demotion. | 他们花了很大心思让这听起来不像降职 |
[21:57] | So I take the job? That’s your advice? | 所以我应该同意 这是你的建议吗 |
[21:59] | If that’s what you want to do. | 如果你想的话就接受吧 |
[22:00] | Well, I know what you want me to do. Go away. | 我知道你想让我离开 |
[22:03] | I guess you don’t remember I started that company. | 我猜你忘了公司是我创立的 |
[22:05] | I had to talk you into it. | 我当时极力劝说你那样做 |
[22:06] | I guess you forgot I found you at the bottom of a fur box. | 我猜你忘了是我在皮草店发掘了你的才华 |
[22:09] | I would never have done that to you. | 我绝不会那样对你 |
[22:11] | Oh, come on. Don’t be a big baby about it. | 拜托 别娇气了 |
[22:14] | You were a disaster. We did you a favor. | 你是个灾难 我们这是为你好 |
[22:16] | The man who talked to Hershey? | 你当时跟好时公司对话的样子 |
[22:17] | I’ve seen that man wandering the streets | 就好像我在大街上看到的 |
[22:19] | with a sandwich board saying “The end is near.” | 挂着”末日将近”牌子的流浪汉 |
[22:22] | So I have my answer. | 我知道答案了 |
[22:23] | I didn’t know the question? | 我都不知道问题是什么 |
[22:24] | You want to come back? Come back. | 你想回来就回来吧 |
[22:28] | I miss you. | 我想念你 |
[22:31] | Who is it? | 谁 |
[22:32] | Room service. | 客房服务 |
[22:40] | I didn’t know we had company. | 我不知道我们有伴儿 |
[22:42] | Yeah, for once, it’s a friend of mine. | 是啊 这一次是我的朋友 |
[22:45] | Sherry, this is Don. | 雪丽 这是唐 |
[22:48] | I was just leaving. | 我正准备走 |
[22:54] | Come in Monday. | 周一去上班吧 |
[23:22] | Hello? | 喂 |
[23:23] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[23:33] | Hello. | 你好 |
[23:35] | I wanted to hear your voice. | 我想听到你的声音 |
[23:37] | I don’t have a lot to say. | 我没什么好说的 |
[23:40] | Then you can just listen. | 那你可以听 |
[23:43] | I… | 我 |
[23:51] | I shouldn’t have lied to you. | 我不该骗你的 |
[23:53] | And I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[23:56] | And I want everything to be okay. | 我希望一切恢复如常 |
[24:03] | Are you there? | 你还在吗 |
[24:05] | Yes. | 在 |
[24:07] | I can see now that I wasn’t… | 我现在明白了我… |
[24:11] | thinking clearly and I had this logic to what I did and… | 头脑不清 而且我想当然了… |
[24:18] | hopefully now things can be the way we want them to be | 但愿现在 一切能如我们所愿 |
[24:25] | because I’m going back to the agency. | 因为我要回公司了 |
[24:28] | Good for you. | 真不错 |
[24:30] | I don’t know if I can undo it, | 我不知道我能否消除这事的影响 |
[24:31] | but I think I fixed it. | 但我好歹算是做了挽救 |
[24:34] | “I fixed it” is you got a job out here. | 你在这里找份工作才叫”挽救” |
[24:38] | That’s what you promised me. That’s why I’m here. | 那是你的承诺 所以我才来了这里 |
[24:41] | I just thought that if you found out what happened, | 我心想如果你知道了事实 |
[24:45] | you wouldn’t look at me in the same way. | 你看我的眼光就会不一样了 |
[24:50] | I can’t believe after all this time you don’t know me. | 我不敢相信你到现在还不了解我 |
[24:55] | I know how I want you to see me. | 我知道我想让你怎么看我 |
[24:59] | Don’t lie to me. | 别骗我 |
[25:01] | Don’t do that. | 别这样做 |
[25:04] | You can’t do that. | 你不能这样做 |
[25:07] | I’m your wife. | 我是你的妻子 |
[25:09] | Stop pushing me away with both hands. | 别用双手推开我 |
[25:17] | I could come back out. | 我可以再过去 |
[25:20] | I have the weekend. | 我周日有空 |
[25:27] | Not now. It’s not a good idea. | 现在不行 那样不好 |
[25:34] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[25:41] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[26:05] | There’s basically Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolf Man, the Mummy, | 有弗兰肯斯坦 德古拉 狼人 木乃伊 |
[26:08] | and the Creature from the Black Lagoon. | 和黑湖妖兽 |
[26:10] | That’s quite a few. | 真不少 |
[26:12] | There’s also King Kong, too, | 也有金刚哦 |
[26:13] | but he’s not really a monster. | 但它不算怪物 |
[26:15] | I like all of them, but I guess Wolf Man’s my favorite | 它们我都喜欢 但我觉得我最喜欢狼人 |
[26:19] | because he changes into it. | 因为他会变身 |
[26:21] | Dracula changes into a bat. | 德拉库拉会变身成蝙蝠 |
[26:24] | That’s true. | 的确是 |
[26:26] | 16 18 16, 18… | |
[26:28] | It’s nice to see somebody getting along. | 很高兴看到你们相处愉快 |
[26:30] | We were having a conversation. | 我们聊得很开心 |
[26:33] | Thank you so much for helping out. | 非常感谢你来帮忙 |
[26:38] | Makes my job so much easier. | 你让我的工作轻松很多 |
[26:42] | Bobby asked and I couldn’t say no. | 博比希望我一起来 我怎能拒绝 |
[26:44] | My mom loves animals. | 我妈妈很喜欢动物 |
[26:50] | She really likes you. | 她很喜欢你 |
[26:52] | Yes, well, that blouse says she likes everyone. | 是嘛 穿那样的衬衫说明她谁都喜欢 |
[27:48] | 佩奇·奥尔森 文案总监 | |
[28:11] | It’s Lou, right? | 你是卢吧 |
[28:14] | Oh, hello there. | 你好 |
[28:17] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[28:20] | Sure. | 是啊 |
[28:23] | How are you, Don? | 你好吗 唐 |
[28:25] | Ready to get back to work. | 准备好回来工作了 |
[28:27] | Good for you. | 很好 |
[28:38] | Hello there. | 你好啊 |
[28:40] | Oh, Don! Look at you! | 唐 瞧瞧你 |
[28:43] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[28:43] | I’m good. It’s been too long. | 挺好的 好久不见 |
[28:47] | Here I am. | 我这不是回来了 |
[28:48] | Why don’t you let me take that up to him? | 何不让我把这拿上去给他 |
[28:51] | To Roger? | 给罗杰吗 |
[28:52] | No, he’s not in yet. | 不 他还没来 |
[28:53] | That’s mine. | 这杯是我的 |
[28:54] | Do you want some? | 你要来一杯吗 |
[28:55] | When do you expect him? I think we have a meeting. | 他什么时候会来 我们有一个会议 |
[28:58] | I’m always the last to know. | 我总是最后一个知道的 |
[29:05] | It’s fine. | 没事 |
[29:07] | I’ll keep myself occupied. | 我自己找点事做 |
[29:09] | Great to see you again. | 很高兴又见到你 |
[29:20] | Keep that. Is Jim Cutler in yet? | 你拿着吧 吉姆·卡特勒来了吗 |
[29:22] | I think he’s at breakfast. | 我想他正在吃早餐 |
[29:23] | I don’t care if he’s in bed with Joey Heatherton. | 就算他在和大明星乔依·海瑟顿睡觉我也不管 |
[29:25] | Get him on the horn. | 帮我打给他 |
[29:32] | Don? Is that you? | 唐 是你吗 |
[29:40] | Hello, Michael. | 你好 迈克尔 |
[29:41] | Ed, come here. Look who’s here. | 埃德 过来 看是谁来了 |
[29:44] | Oh, hi, Don. Great to see you. | 你好啊 唐 很高兴见到你 |
[29:47] | Boy, you smell good. | 天啊 你身上好香 |
[29:48] | Hey, you know what? Are you busy? | 正好 你现在忙吗 |
[29:51] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[29:51] | Don’t bother him. | 别打扰他 |
[29:52] | He’ll know. Come here. | 他会知道的 进来 |
[29:55] | Chevalier Blanc has started Chevalier Noir. | 白骑士古龙水推出了”黑骑士”系列 |
[29:58] | That’s “night,” or “black.” | 象征夜晚或黑暗 |
[29:59] | Either way, it’s the opposite of Blanc. | 不管怎样 就是和”白”相反 |
[30:01] | And we’re supposed to work up print based on this voiceover tagline: | 我们要给这句广告语设计印刷广告 |
[30:04] | “More horsepower.” | “更大马力” |
[30:06] | And you gotta see the words, | 要把这句话写上去 |
[30:07] | but it ends with a freeze-frame. | 但要以一个定格图像结尾 |
[30:10] | What does? | 你指的是什么 |
[30:11] | The TV spot. | 电视广告 |
[30:14] | I assume you have storyboards. | 我猜你们已经做好了分镜头画板吧 |
[30:16] | Exit stage left. | 我这就去拿 |
[30:20] | What have you been up to, Don? | 你最近在忙什么 唐 |
[30:25] | Just R&R mostly. | 主要就在休息 |
[30:27] | Do you want to see the strategy? | 你想看看方案吗 |
[30:31] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[30:38] | What happened to the storyboards from Chevalier Noir? | 黑骑士广告的分镜头画板呢 |
[30:40] | She gave them to Lou. | 她拿给卢了 |
[30:42] | What do I do? Don wants to see ’em. | 那怎么办 唐要看图板 |
[30:44] | Don? | 唐 |
[30:45] | Don– Draper. | 唐·德雷柏 |
[30:47] | Says who? | 谁说的 |
[30:48] | Says him. He’s outside. | 他自己 他就在外面 |
[30:51] | Right now? | 现在吗 |
[30:53] | What’s he doing here? | 他在这里做什么 |
[30:54] | You want I should ask him? | 你要我去问问他吗 |
[31:05] | What’s he doing? | 他在做什么 |
[31:07] | Who cares? | 谁在乎啊 |
[31:09] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[31:10] | Shh. Look. | 嘘 你看 |
[31:15] | What is he doing here? | 他来这里做什么 |
[31:17] | Maybe he finished drying out. | 也许他戒酒成功了 |
[31:20] | Meredith, we better get back to work. | 梅瑞迪斯 我们还是回去工作吧 |
[31:25] | Hello, Don. | 你好 唐 |
[31:27] | Hello, Stan. | 你好 斯坦 |
[31:29] | Where you been? Riding the rails? | 你跑哪里去了 搭火车逃荒吗 |
[31:30] | Turns out Lou’s got the boards. | 分镜头画板在卢那里 |
[31:32] | It’s fine. | 没事 |
[31:34] | Mr. Draper. | 德雷柏先生 |
[31:35] | Morning, Dawn. | 早上好 唐恩 |
[31:36] | Uh, seems to be some lapse in communication regarding my return. | 看起来在我回来这件事上沟通有点不到位 |
[31:42] | No one told me. | 没人通知过我 |
[31:43] | Could you just let me know when someone tracks down Mr. Sterling? | 如果有人找到斯特林先生 请你告诉我好吗 |
[31:46] | Can I get some coffee? | 帮我拿杯咖啡好吗 |
[31:47] | Certainly. | 当然 |
[31:51] | Why don’t you fellas catch me up? | 你们几个何不帮我赶上进度 |
[31:52] | You want me to get everything? | 要我把材料都拿来吗 |
[31:54] | Whatever you got handy. | 用你手头有的就好 |
[31:56] | Let’s start with the garbage. | 我们从这些垃圾开始吧 |
[32:08] | Children, this is my father, Farmer Cy. | 孩子们 这是我父亲 农夫赛爷爷 |
[32:11] | You can call me Cyrus or Cy or “hey, mister.” | 你们可以叫我赛勒斯或赛或”嘿 先生” |
[32:16] | If you look around, you can see pigs and goats and chickens. | 你们可以在周围看到猪 山羊和鸡 |
[32:20] | And Pammy’s favorite, the horsies. | 还有帕米最喜欢的马 |
[32:23] | We’ve got all the animals. | 我们有很多动物 |
[32:24] | But this farm is mostly for growing potatoes. | 但这个农场主要用来种土豆 |
[32:27] | So there’s not a lot above ground. | 所以地面上没什么可看的 |
[32:29] | But I know you’re all here to see the cows. | 但我知道你们都是来看牛的 |
[32:31] | So why don’t we walk this way? | 所以我们这就进来看吧 |
[32:36] | I’m sorry, ladies, but there’s no smoking in the barn. | 抱歉 女士们 畜棚里不能吸烟 |
[32:38] | I’ll be along. | 我等下过去 |
[32:42] | You’re not afraid of missing them milk the cow? | 你不怕错过他们挤牛奶的环节吗 |
[32:44] | I’ll be done in a minute. | 我很快就抽完 |
[32:46] | Well, I hope no one accidentally grabs on the wrong udders. | 希望他们不要不小心抓错了乳房 |
[32:51] | Excuse me? | 什么意思 |
[32:53] | Farmer’s daughter needs a bra. | 农夫的女儿需要穿件文胸 |
[33:02] | Do you need my lighter? | 你要用我的打火机吗 |
[33:04] | Would you mind? | 你不介意吧 |
[33:06] | Don? Is that you? | 唐 真的是你吗 |
[33:09] | Boys, excuse me a minute. | 伙计们 失陪一下 |
[33:10] | Don, what a pleasant surprise. | 唐 真是个惊喜 |
[33:14] | You’re looking well, Joan. | 你气色好极了 琼 |
[33:15] | What have you been up to? What are you doing here? | 你最近都忙什么呢 你来这里做什么 |
[33:18] | Waiting. | 等着 |
[33:19] | For what? | 等什么 |
[33:20] | You two just getting in? | 你们两个刚来吗 |
[33:22] | We had a breakfast meeting. | 我们刚结束一个早餐会 |
[33:24] | What are you doing here? | 你来有何贵干 |
[33:26] | I guess I’m waiting for Roger. | 我想是在等罗杰吧 |
[33:28] | Oh, I see. | 好吧 我明白了 |
[33:32] | Well… it was nice seeing you. | 那好 很高兴见到你 |
[33:39] | Guess what? Cynthia had a little boy. | 知道吗 辛西娅生了个男孩 |
[33:41] | Edward, but we call him Eddie. | 爱德华 我们给他取名叫爱迪 |
[33:43] | Eddie Cosgrove. | 爱迪·科斯格罗夫 |
[33:46] | That’s the carousel in Central Park. | 这是他在中央公园的旋转木马上 |
[33:49] | Always makes me think of you. | 总让我想到你 |
[33:51] | Now I know what you’ll look like bald. | 我现在知道你以后秃顶是什么样了 |
[33:55] | May I have a word? | 可以谈谈吗 |
[33:57] | Don’t linger in the door. | 别在门口晃悠 |
[33:59] | I’m wearing boots. | 靴子不方便脱 |
[34:00] | Yes, fine, dear. | 那行 进来吧 |
[34:03] | Did you know that Don Draper is downstairs? | 你知不知道唐·德雷柏此刻就在楼下 |
[34:05] | Doing what? | 他来干什么 |
[34:07] | He says he’s waiting for Roger. Does that ring a bell? | 他说是来等罗杰的 你想起来什么了吗 |
[34:10] | He shouldn’t be here. | 他不应该回来的 |
[34:16] | So obviously I would like to get married, | 所以很显然我是愿意结婚的 |
[34:18] | but, you know, I don’t really have any savings. | 但是 我手头没什么积蓄 |
[34:20] | I mean, it doesn’t make any sense to borrow money from my parents | 就为了能在妻子面前装成功人士 |
[34:23] | just so I look successful in front of hers, does it? | 就问自己父母借钱 这算什么事 |
[34:28] | I don’t know. That is a tough spot. | 我也不知道该怎么说 确实进退两难啊 |
[34:29] | What the hell is going on in here? | 你们在这搞什么东西 |
[34:31] | We were just catching up. | 叙叙旧而已 |
[34:33] | That’s nice, ladies. You four, in my office. | 真不错 姑娘们 你们4个 来我办公室 |
[34:39] | We have that meeting. | 我们要开个会 |
[34:40] | What meeting? | 什么会 |
[34:45] | Sorry, Don. | 抱歉 唐 |
[35:00] | It don’t get no fresher than that. | 不会有比这更新鲜的牛奶了 |
[35:03] | Who wants to try it? | 谁想尝尝 |
[35:06] | I will. | 我来 |
[35:08] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[35:09] | Sure. | 当然 |
[35:11] | See how warm it is? | 奶还是热的呢 |
[35:18] | It’s sweet. | 有点甜 |
[35:30] | Don? | 唐 |
[35:33] | Where the hell were you? | 你到底去哪了 |
[35:34] | Had an early lunch. | 提前吃了午餐 |
[35:35] | I can smell it. | 我都能闻到 |
[35:37] | I didn’t know you were gonna beat me here. | 我又没料到你会一大早就来堵我 |
[35:38] | Well, you could have told somebody. Anybody. | 你至少该通知一下大家吧 任何人都行 |
[35:41] | I don’t have to tell anybody. | 我不需要通知任何人 |
[35:42] | That’s my name on the door out there. | 公司的名牌上可印着我的名字 |
[35:43] | This is my agency. | 这是我的公司 |
[35:44] | I’m the president of this agency. | 我是公司的大老板 |
[35:45] | I don’t have to ask anybody anything. | 我不需要提前知会任何人 |
[35:47] | You know what? I could call a holiday | 知道吗 要是我想 |
[35:48] | for the whole office right now. | 我可以马上给全公司放假 |
[35:49] | I’ve been sitting in here waiting for you. | 我一直在这干坐着等你 |
[35:52] | I’m not gonna slink out of here with my tail between my legs. | 我可不会偷摸着离开 夹起尾巴做人 |
[35:54] | Now call a damn meeting. | 赶紧召集合伙人开会 |
[35:56] | Let me ask Joan. | 我去问问琼 |
[35:57] | Don’t ask Joan. | 别去问琼 |
[35:58] | Wait here. | 在这等着 |
[36:04] | Chicken salad on rye and a Nesbitt’s? | 黑麦鸡肉沙拉三明治配一瓶汽水 |
[36:09] | Yes. Thank you, Dawn. | 好 谢谢 唐恩 |
[36:25] | You eat. I’m going to wash my hands. | 你先吃 我去洗手 |
[36:27] | Okay. | 好的 |
[36:33] | You can’t sit there. | 你不能坐在这儿 |
[36:34] | That’s my mom’s spot. | 那是留给我妈的 |
[36:43] | Don? | 唐 |
[36:45] | Hello, Jim. | 好啊 吉姆 |
[36:48] | I’m surprised to see you. | 见到你可真意外 |
[36:51] | Well, here I am. | 但我确实来了 |
[36:54] | Mr. Cutler. There you are. | 卡特勒先生 你终于来了 |
[37:05] | I can go down to the lobby and sell newspapers, | 我大可以去楼下大厅卖报 |
[37:07] | but you’re still gonna pay me. | 但工资你不能少我 |
[37:08] | I have a two-year contract. | 我可签了两年的合同 |
[37:10] | Calm down. I’ll find out what’s going on | 冷静 我会去弄清楚状况 |
[37:12] | and I’ll take care of it. | 然后处理好的 |
[37:13] | What am I supposed to do? | 那你让我怎么办 |
[37:15] | Just hide while he sits down there | 躲在自己的办公室里任由他 |
[37:16] | cooling his heels like Longfellow Deeds? | 像郎佛罗·迪兹一样在那无所适从 |
[37:16] | 奥斯卡获奖电影 《迪兹先生进城》男主角 | |
[37:18] | We’re going to ask him to leave. | 我们会请他离开的 |
[37:22] | May I? | 能让一下吗 |
[37:26] | Well, be careful. | 你小心对待 |
[37:27] | I’ve seen this before. | 我以前见过这种事 |
[37:28] | You might want to call security. | 你最好还是把保安喊来 |
[37:38] | Lot of bees over there. | 那边有好多蜜蜂 |
[37:40] | They live in drawers. | 它们都在蜂箱里 |
[37:44] | Where’s my sandwich? | 我的三明治呢 |
[37:45] | What do you mean? | 怎么了 |
[37:47] | Well, there were two. | 我带了两份出来 |
[37:49] | I traded it. | 我用来换东西了 |
[37:51] | You traded it? | 你拿去换了 |
[37:52] | With Susie Rogers. | 给苏希·罗杰斯了 |
[37:54] | She didn’t have a sandwich. | 她没带三明治 |
[37:55] | I got her gumdrops. | 她把橡皮糖给我了 |
[37:58] | Bobby, that was my lunch. | 博比 那是我的午餐 |
[38:01] | I’m sorry. I’ll go get it back. | 对不起 我去拿回来 |
[38:02] | Stop it. It’s fine. | 算了 没事 |
[38:05] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[38:06] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[38:09] | I’m sorry. I swear I didn’t know you were going to eat. | 对不起 我发誓我不知道你也要吃 |
[38:14] | There were two sandwiches. | 不然我为什么带两份 |
[38:20] | Do you want them? | 你想吃点吗 |
[38:21] | No. You eat them. | 不 你吃吧 |
[38:26] | I don’t want ’em. | 我不想吃 |
[38:28] | Eat your candy. | 吃你的糖吧 |
[38:53] | Your shoes. | 把鞋脱了 |
[38:56] | What about her? | 她怎么没脱 |
[38:58] | I just discovered you’re our best hope | 我才意识到只有你能解释 |
[38:59] | to explain why Don Draper is downstairs. | 为什么唐·德雷柏会在楼下 |
[39:04] | He came to me in remorse | 他满是悔意地来找我 |
[39:06] | and said he’s ready to come back. | 说他准备好回来工作了 |
[39:08] | Ah, I see. | 原来如此啊 |
[39:10] | Well, unfortunately, we fired him. | 真不凑巧 我们早把他炒了 |
[39:14] | No, we didn’t. | 不 我们没炒他 |
[39:15] | We deliberately put him on leave in this very room. | 就这屋里 我们慎重决议让他停职休假 |
[39:18] | We didn’t fire him. I would never agree to that. | 我们可没炒掉他 我不会同意那样做的 |
[39:20] | The leave of absence was a very clear message. | 那种形式的休假 意思已经很明显了 |
[39:23] | We were allowing him to preserve his dignity | 我们得以让他在保留尊严的同时 |
[39:25] | while seeking other employment. | 有时间寻找下家 |
[39:28] | Well, I remember clearly that Cutler said | 我可清楚记得 卡特勒当时说的是 |
[39:32] | the leave of absence was to give him time to think. | 休假的目的是让他有机会理清头脑 |
[39:34] | I didn’t want any more rancor. | 我当时是想息事宁人 |
[39:37] | Is that what you thought? That we fired him? | 你也这么想的吗 我们已经把他炒了 |
[39:39] | Not necessarily, | 那倒未必 |
[39:40] | but I did expect to revisit the topic after some time as a group. | 但我确实想一段时间之后请大家集体再议此事 |
[39:45] | Well, here we are. | 那正是现在的情况嘛 |
[39:46] | Let’s take a vote. | 我们来投票表决吧 |
[39:49] | I’ll speak for Ted. | 我代表泰德 |
[39:50] | And I’ll speak for Pete. | 那我代表皮特 |
[39:51] | All I can say is that Don is a very talented man, | 我只想说 唐是个极具才华的人 |
[39:54] | but how does he fit into everything now? | 但他现在要以什么身份在公司立足 |
[39:57] | This is working. | 现在的结构运作很顺利 |
[39:59] | Besides, we’re still mopping up the damage he’s done. | 再说了 我们还在弥补他所造成的损害呢 |
[40:01] | I do not like the way this agency is spoken of out there. | 我不喜欢外界现在对本公司的评价 |
[40:06] | You don’t think that’s because our creative is invisible right now? | 你不觉得那是因为我们的创意部已经形同虚设了吗 |
[40:08] | One nomination. | 就获得一个提名 |
[40:10] | Lou didn’t put in anything he couldn’t tag his name on. | 卢没有提交一个不属于他的作品 |
[40:12] | He barely worked here last year. | 他去年都没怎么在这里工作 |
[40:14] | Lou is adequate. | 卢能胜任他的工作 |
[40:15] | I think it’s more important we discuss Harry Crane. | 我觉得更重要的应该是谈谈哈里·克雷恩这个人 |
[40:19] | Harry Crane? | 哈里·克雷恩 |
[40:20] | He’s gone. Anything else? | 他走了 还有别的事吗 |
[40:22] | This agency is too dependent on creative personalities. | 本公司太依赖于创意人员了 |
[40:26] | You’re still talking for Ted? | 你还是在替泰德说话吗 |
[40:27] | If we want people speaking about this agency, | 如果我们希望外人多多谈论我们的公司 |
[40:29] | what they should be speaking about is our media department. | 他们应该提到的 应该是媒体部 |
[40:32] | We need to invest in a computer, period. | 我们该投资买一台电脑 我说完了 |
[40:36] | We need to tell our clients we’re thinking about the future, | 我们必须让客户们知道 我们在考虑未来 |
[40:38] | not creative hijinks. | 而不是创意的乱调子 |
[40:40] | Don is a genius. | 唐是个天才 |
[40:41] | He’s costing us a fortune! | 他让我们损失了一大笔钱 |
[40:43] | You hate him. | 你讨厌他 |
[40:44] | I don’t! | 我没有 |
[40:45] | I hate what he did to Ted. | 我讨厌他对泰德的所为 |
[40:47] | Enough! This is a financial decision. | 够了 这是个事关财务的决定 |
[40:50] | Obviously, it’s not. | 显然不是 |
[40:53] | Right now Don draws a sizable salary and has a partnership stake. | 现在唐领着可观的薪水 而且拥有合伙人股权 |
[40:57] | That costs more than a computer. | 那些钱可比一台电脑贵多了 |
[40:59] | He has a contract. | 他是有合同的 |
[41:00] | He’s in breach! | 他已经违反了合同 |
[41:01] | No, he’s not! He’s on leave! | 不 他没有 他是休假而已 |
[41:03] | And even if we do fire him, he’s a partner. | 就算我们确实开除了他 他是合伙人 |
[41:05] | We have to buy him out. | 我们必须买下他的股份 |
[41:09] | That’s true. | 没错 |
[41:11] | That’s a big hit. | 那可是一大笔钱 |
[41:12] | As tough as it is, | 尽管那样会很艰难 |
[41:14] | I’m confident it’ll be more profitable in the long term. | 但我相信从长远来看 那样做也是极为有利的 |
[41:17] | Since when are you allowed | 你什么时候可以 |
[41:18] | to use the words “long term” in this office? | 在这间办公室开口闭口谈什么长远了 |
[41:20] | It’ll be 1973 before we’re even. | 我们要缓过来恐怕要到1973年了 |
[41:23] | We fire him, we lose the noncompete. | 我们炒掉他 就失去了竞业禁止协议的约束 |
[41:25] | You want to walk down some hotel hallway | 你希望你将来某一天去做创意展示时 |
[41:27] | and see Mary Wells sitting on Don’s lap | 在某个酒店的过道里走着 |
[41:28] | the next time you go in to present? | 却看到玛丽·威尔斯坐在唐的大腿上吗 |
[41:38] | How was the farm? | 在农场玩得怎么样 |
[41:42] | How was your day? | 你今天过得怎么样 |
[41:45] | Did you eat? | 你吃过了吗 |
[41:47] | I’m not hungry. | 我不饿 |
[41:49] | I was hungry, but now I’m not. | 我之前是很饿 但现在不饿了 |
[41:53] | It was a long day. | 今天过得漫长而艰辛 |
[41:55] | I’m going to give Gene a bath. | 我去给吉恩洗澡 |
[41:58] | Come on, Genie. | 来吧 小吉恩 |
[42:09] | What happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[42:14] | I wish it was yesterday. | 我真希望一切回到昨天 |
[42:30] | How was your day? | 你今天过得怎么样 |
[42:36] | That remains to be seen. | 我们拭目以待吧 |
[42:38] | Are you coming back? | 你要回来了吗 |
[42:41] | I thought so. | 我之前以为是的 |
[42:43] | Now I’m not so sure. | 但现在我不那么确定了 |
[42:48] | Well, I can’t say that we miss you. | 我倒不会说我们想你了 |
[42:53] | Thank you, Peggy. | 谢谢你 佩奇 |
[43:08] | What happened? I couldn’t get it out of Bobby. | 发生什么事了 博比不肯告诉我 |
[43:13] | It was a perfect day and he ruined it. | 本该是完美的一天 结果他给毁了 |
[43:16] | How is that possible, Betty? | 怎么可能那样呢 贝蒂 |
[43:23] | Do you think I’m a good mother? | 你觉得我是个好母亲吗 |
[43:26] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[43:30] | Then why don’t they love me? | 那他们为何都不爱我呢 |
[43:34] | What are you talking about? | 你在胡说些什么呢 |
[43:37] | Look at him. | 看看他 |
[43:42] | It’s just a matter of time. | 他迟早也会讨厌我的 |
[43:56] | Mr. Draper. | 德雷柏先生 |
[43:58] | Yes, Dawn. | 什么事 唐恩 |
[44:01] | Can I get some coffee? | 能再帮我倒杯咖啡吗 |
[44:02] | Of course, but they want to see you in the conference room, | 当然了 但他们希望你去一趟会议室 |
[44:05] | the partners. | 那些合伙人 |
[44:41] | Hello, everyone. | 大家好啊 |
[44:43] | Come on, sit down. | 请坐吧 |
[44:49] | Bert, how are you? | 伯特 你还好吗 |
[44:50] | Capital. | 好得很 |
[44:52] | Well, this is the meeting I assumed | 我以为你们会在我来之前 |
[44:53] | you were going to have before I came, Roger. | 就开这么个会呢 罗杰 |
[44:57] | Sorry if I disrupted your day, | 如果我打扰了你们的安排 那很抱歉 |
[44:59] | but I’ve had a productive time catching myself up with everything. | 但我有了充足的时间去了解公司各项事务的进度 |
[45:01] | Well, we’ve discussed it and we’ve reached the conclusion | 我们已经做了讨论 也达成了一致 |
[45:04] | that we’d like you to come back to work. | 我们希望你能回来工作 |
[45:10] | I’m pleased to hear that. | 我很高兴听到这个消息 |
[45:11] | But there are some stipulations. | 但有些约束条件 |
[45:17] | Violation of which will result in termination | 违反任何一条都将导致工作关系结束 |
[45:20] | and a reabsorption of your partnership shares. | 并且我们会对你的合伙人股份进行平摊吸收 |
[45:24] | You are not allowed to be alone with clients. | 你不能单独会见客户 |
[45:27] | You are to stick to the script in meetings, | 你必须严格按照会议内容审定稿商谈 |
[45:30] | and that means the script | 那意味着 会议内容稿 |
[45:32] | will be approved by the people in this room. | 必须在会前得到全部合伙人的审核确定 |
[45:36] | Outside of client hospitality, | 除了招待客户时 |
[45:37] | there will be no drinking in the office. | 你在办公室不得饮酒 |
[45:42] | You’ll be in Lane’s old office. | 你去用莱恩生前用的办公室 |
[45:44] | And you will report to Lou. | 而且卢将是你的上级 |
[46:03] | Okay. | 好的 |