时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:54] | I’ve never worn mink before. | 我从没穿过貂皮 |
[00:57] | It’s chinchilla. | 那是栗鼠皮的 |
[00:58] | And it costs $15,000. | 一件1.5万美元 |
[01:01] | How does that make you feel? | 那让你感觉如何 |
[01:03] | Nervous. | 紧张 |
[01:04] | You’re not supposed to talk. | 你不该说话的 |
[01:07] | Show me how you feel. | 把你的感受表现出来 |
[01:14] | Walk over to the mirror. | 去镜子那边 |
[01:20] | Look at yourself. | 好好看着自己 |
[01:23] | You like what you see. | 表现出你很喜欢的样子 |
[01:27] | Don’t open the whole coat. | 别把整件大衣都拉开 |
[01:30] | Just try and make it look like | 尽量让人感觉 |
[01:34] | you’re just wearing the fur. | 你除了那件皮草什么都没穿 |
[01:47] | Very good. | 很好 |
[01:50] | Now, I want you to close your eyes | 现在我要你闭上眼睛 |
[01:55] | and take a deep breath. | 深呼吸 |
[01:57] | And when I tell you, | 听我的指示 |
[01:58] | you’re gonna put your leg up on that chair, | 把腿放到椅子上 |
[02:02] | let the coat slide down, | 让大衣滑下来 |
[02:05] | and show me how smooth your skin is. | 让我看看你的皮肤有多滑 |
[02:17] | I remember when I was a little girl | 我依然记得我小的时候 |
[02:20] | our house caught on fire. | 我们家屋子着火了 |
[02:23] | I’ll never forget the look on my father’s face | 我永远不会忘记父亲把我抱在怀里 |
[02:25] | as he gathered me up in his arms | 冲出着火的房子 |
[02:26] | and raced through the burning building onto the pavement. | 跑到人行道上时 脸上的表情 |
[02:32] | And I stood there shivering in my pajamas | 我站在那里 穿着睡衣 浑身发抖 |
[02:34] | and watched the whole world go up in flames. | 眼睁睁看着我的世界化为灰烬 |
[02:38] | And when it was all over, I said to myself, | 当火终于熄灭时 我对自己说 |
[02:42] | “is that all there is to a fire?” | “在大火面前 一切都这么脆弱吗” |
[02:48] | Is that all there is? | 一切都这么脆弱吗 |
[02:52] | Is that all there is, | 一切都这么脆弱吗 |
[02:57] | If that’s all there is, my friends. | 如果一切真的这么脆弱 朋友 |
[03:01] | Then let’s keep dancing. | 那不如继续跳舞 |
[03:06] | Let’s break out the booze. | 打开美酒 |
[03:07] | Very good, Cindy. | 很好 辛迪 |
[03:09] | Thank you very much, Cindy. | 非常感谢 辛迪 |
[03:10] | We’ll let you know. | 我们会通知你的 |
[03:22] | So, what happened? | 发生了什么 |
[03:23] | Well, no woman, even living in that shithole, | 任何女人 即便住在那种鬼地方 |
[03:27] | wants a toaster for her birthday. | 都不希望自己的生日礼物是台烤面包机 |
[03:29] | – Can you freshen this? – Yeah. | -能给我倒点吗 -当然 |
[03:31] | And Abigail wasn’t shy. | 但阿比盖尔才不在意 |
[03:34] | – That’s your mother? – Stepmother. | -那是你母亲吗 -继母 |
[03:36] | So she put the toaster in the middle of the table | 她把烤面包机放在桌子中间 |
[03:39] | and all the boarders come down for breakfast, see it. | 住客下楼吃早饭时都会看到 |
[03:42] | They weren’t particularly impressed. | 他们倒没觉得很特别 |
[03:45] | And every day one of them would trip over that wire | 每天都会有人被电线绊倒 |
[03:47] | and yank it off the table. | 把烤面包机从桌子上扯下来 |
[03:49] | Don’t go back there. A lot of roaches. | 别去后面 有很多蟑螂 |
[03:51] | – Are you surprised? – Only by the size. | -你很吃惊吗 -只是大得让我吃惊 |
[03:53] | There was one making a phone call. | 有一只在那里打电话 |
[03:56] | Get up, I want my seat back. | 起来 我要坐我的位置 |
[03:59] | Now, toasters were indestructible back then, | 那时候的烤面包机根本摔不坏 |
[04:03] | except for the cord, | 除了电线 |
[04:05] | which was suffering from | 每天早上 |
[04:06] | being yanked out of the wall every morning. | 都被从插座上扯出来 当然会坏 |
[04:08] | My Uncle Mack was cheap and thought he could fix things. | 我马克姨父很小气 以为他能修好 |
[04:10] | So he wrapped a piece of copper wire around it. | 所以他就在电线上绕了一圈铜线 |
[04:14] | And, sure enough, he plugged it in | 结果当然是 他插电线的时候 |
[04:16] | and it blew him into the parlor. | 直接被电击撞飞到了客厅 |
[04:18] | He was unconscious. | 他立刻不省人事 |
[04:21] | All the boarders got up, ran to his aid, | 所有住客都跳起来 跑去救她 |
[04:24] | but Abigail didn’t move. | 但阿比盖尔一动不动 |
[04:26] | She just looked down at him and said, | 只是低头看着他说 |
[04:28] | “Happy birthday.” | “生日快乐” |
[04:30] | then put the kettle on. | 然后就烧水去了 |
[04:32] | He loves to tell stories about how poor he was. | 他很喜欢讲他以前有多穷 |
[04:35] | But he’s not anymore. | 但他现在可不穷了 |
[04:36] | Is that your way of saying you want me to get the check? | 你这是想让我来买单吗 |
[04:39] | Mildred Pierce, can I get the check? | 米尔珠·皮尔斯 把账单拿来 |
[04:39] | 同名小说女主人公 从事饭店生意 | |
[04:42] | – Come on. – Be polite. | -拜托 -礼貌点 |
[04:46] | Can I get you something else? | 你们还需要别的吗 |
[04:48] | No, just the check. | 不用了 账单就行 |
[04:49] | And do you have anything by John Dos Passos? | 你们有约翰·多斯·帕索斯做的东西吗 |
[04:49] | 约翰·多斯·帕索斯 著名小说家 | |
[04:54] | I’m sorry about my friend. He’s… | 我为我朋友道个歉 他很 |
[04:56] | Witty. | 幽默 |
[04:58] | Do I know you? | 我们认识吗 |
[04:59] | I don’t think so. | 我觉得不认识吧 |
[05:04] | She’s a little old for NYU. | 她这么大年纪 不可能是纽约大学的 |
[05:07] | $11.60. | 11.6美元 |
[05:09] | You must have had a lot of hash browns, sweetheart. | 你一定吃了很多土豆饼 亲爱的 |
[05:11] | Probably only eats once a week. | 估计你一周就吃这么一餐吧 |
[05:12] | Let’s split it five ways. | 我们5个人平摊吧 |
[05:14] | No, I think I owe someone an apology. | 不用了 我觉得我应该跟某人道个歉 |
[05:18] | That ought to do it. | 这应该够了 |
[05:21] | That’s $100. | 那可是100美元呢 |
[05:23] | Well, I suppose I’m gonna have to drop one of you off. | 看来我得甩掉你们其中一个了 |
[05:26] | You decide who. | 你来决定 |
[05:41] | Don. Let’s go. | 唐 走啊 |
[05:59] | Good evening, Mr. Draper. | 晚上好 德雷柏先生 |
[06:00] | Who am I speaking with? | 请问你是 |
[06:01] | It’s Joanne. You have four messages. | 我是乔安 您有4条留言 |
[06:04] | At 7:30, Laura called | 7:30时 劳拉打电话来 |
[06:05] | and said she has a photo shoot in the morning, | 说她明早要拍照 |
[06:07] | so don’t call after 11:00. | 所以11点后别给她打电话 |
[06:09] | – What time is it? – It’s 10 past, | -现在几点了 -11:10了 |
[06:10] | but she called again at 8:00 and said midnight was fine. | 但她8点时又打来说到午夜也没关系 |
[06:15] | What else? | 别的呢 |
[06:16] | 9:30, Maxine called. | 9:30时 麦克辛打电话来 |
[06:18] | She met you two weeks ago at “Cosmopolitan” | 说她两周前在柯梦波丹酒店见过您 |
[06:20] | and remains intrigued by your proposition. | 对您的提议很感兴趣 |
[06:23] | And last, at 10:00, Tricia from TWA. | 最后一个 环球航空的特丽莎10点时打来 |
[06:26] | She’s on a layover. | 她正在中转休息 |
[06:28] | And what are you doing tonight, Joanne? | 你今晚有什么安排 乔安 |
[06:29] | You’re very funny, Mr. Draper. | 您真幽默 德雷柏先生 |
[06:33] | Give me Tricia’s number. | 把特丽莎的号码给我 |
[06:38] | So glad you could make it. | 我很高兴你能来 |
[06:40] | O’Hare’s a mess. | 奥黑尔机场一团糟 |
[06:41] | They canceled everything, so it seemed to be fate. | 他们把所有航班都取消了 看来这是命中注定 |
[06:46] | You look ravishing. | 你真迷人 |
[06:48] | I feel a little underdressed. | 我觉得我穿得太随意了 |
[06:50] | Where were you tonight? | 你今晚上哪儿去了 |
[07:01] | No, it’s true. On every single flight, | 不 是真的 每一架航班上 |
[07:03] | there’s always one blanket that’s completely soaked in urine. | 总会有一条毛毯是完全被尿浸湿了的 |
[07:08] | – In first class? – Oh, yes. | -头等舱吗 -对 |
[07:13] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[07:16] | It’s your fault. You scared me. | 都怪你 你吓到我了 |
[07:18] | Do you have a towel? | 有毛巾吗 |
[07:24] | Don’t do that. | 别这样 |
[07:39] | Another woman you’re sleeping with? | 这是你睡的其他女人的吗 |
[07:43] | No, that’s the woman I’m not sleeping with. | 不 是我没睡的那个女人的 |
[07:45] | My ex-wife. | 我前妻 |
[07:52] | Hanes calls them L’eggs. | 恒适公司把这叫做裤蛋袜 |
[07:56] | They’re crap. | 简直就是垃圾 |
[07:57] | They’re definitely not as high-quality as Topaz. | 质量肯定比不上派氏的产品 |
[08:00] | Well, they’re in four test markets | 他们在4个市场做了试销售 |
[08:01] | and they’re outspending you six to one. | 他们的推广费用是你们的6倍 |
[08:05] | And they’re outselling you 20 to one. | 销量是你们的20倍 |
[08:07] | It’s more than the packaging. It’s the placement. | 不光是包装的问题 而是销售渠道 |
[08:09] | They’re not just selling them in drug stores. | 他们不仅在药房出售 |
[08:10] | They’re focusing on supermarkets. | 更把重心放在了超市 |
[08:13] | And they’re only $1.39 a pair. | 而且只要1.39美元一双 |
[08:15] | So what, we need to lower our price and buy more ad time? | 所以我们应该降价 再多投广告吗 |
[08:17] | This is only a novelty | 现在大家只是觉得新鲜 |
[08:18] | and the inferior quality will catch up with them. | 质量问题早晚会浮现出来的 |
[08:21] | But we’re recommending a change right now | 但我们建议你们赶在那之前 |
[08:23] | while it sorts itself out. | 先做出改变 |
[08:25] | Look, I know you think I’m cheap. | 我知道你觉得我很小气 |
[08:27] | And I know you think Topaz are cheap– | 我也知道你觉得派氏很低端[便宜] |
[08:29] | although, apparently, not cheap enough– | 不过 显然 依然不够便宜 |
[08:32] | but I just want to spend money where it’ll make a difference. | 但我想把钱花在真正有用的地方 |
[08:36] | They got an egg. Why don’t we have a topaz? | 他们用蛋包装 那我们用宝石好了 |
[08:40] | Big plastic jewel. Green. | 装在一个绿色塑料大宝石里 |
[08:42] | Maybe it’s see-through. | 或许还能弄成透明的 |
[08:43] | And Mr. Potato Head here can relax | 这位番薯头先生不用担心 |
[08:45] | ’cause he’ll still make his quota when we launch it. | 等我们推出之后 他的份额依然会上去的 |
[08:48] | I’d never recommend imitation as a strategy. | 我从不建议采用模仿的策略 |
[08:51] | You’ll be second, which is very far from first. | 你们永远都是模仿者 比不上原创者 |
[08:54] | Whose fault is that? | 那能怪谁 |
[08:56] | I told you about the development of this product | 我跟你提过关于这个产品的发展 |
[08:58] | and you didn’t seem worried at all. | 但你当时根本不在意 |
[09:04] | Art, Marvin, are you ready for lunch? | 阿特 马文 准备好去吃午餐了吗 |
[09:07] | Yes, I am, Kenneth. | 我准备好了 肯尼斯 |
[09:08] | We had a problem, but we solved it. | 我们有个问题 但现在解决了 |
[09:14] | Well, that’s great to hear. | 那太好了 |
[09:20] | What do we do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[09:22] | We keep the client. | 保住客户最重要 |
[09:26] | How was the party? | 派对怎么样 |
[09:28] | David Bailey wants to take your picture. | 大卫·贝利想要给你拍照 |
[09:31] | Well, I have plans tonight, | 我今晚有约 |
[09:32] | so I’ll be leaving at 5:00 on the dot | 5点要准时走 |
[09:34] | and I don’t want to hear about it. | 所以不要找我 |
[09:36] | – Wake me in– – You have casting in an hour. | -过会儿叫我 -你一小时后要监督选角 |
[09:40] | Great. | 好吧 |
[09:50] | You have lunch plans? | 你午餐有安排吗 |
[09:52] | Just coffee if the wait’s not too long. | 不用等太久的话 咖啡就可以了 |
[09:58] | No, I just thought I’m going to the coffee shop, | 不是 我等下要去咖啡店 |
[10:01] | so I could pick you up something. | 想说你要不要我帮你带点什么 |
[10:04] | Mathis, you’re pouring coffee. | 马西斯 你正倒着咖啡呢 |
[10:05] | I just wanted to ask you about something. | 我就是有点事想问你 |
[10:08] | You want a raise? Stop acting like a secretary. | 想要加薪吗 那就别老一副秘书的样子 |
[10:10] | This has nothing to do with work. | 与公事无关 |
[10:12] | My brother-in-law is in town | 我大舅子来了 |
[10:14] | and I thought you could join Julie and I for dinner. | 我想邀请你和我们一起吃晚餐 |
[10:18] | He’s very handsome. The whole family is. | 他很帅 他们一家都很帅 |
[10:22] | – You’re setting me up? – He has a car. | -你想给我介绍男人 -他有车 |
[10:25] | It’s very sweet, but I really have to question your judgment. | 那很贴心 但我不得不质疑一下你的判断力 |
[10:29] | You know, you’re a catch. | 因为 你是个好女人 |
[10:31] | Thank you, but how could you think | 谢谢 但你怎么会觉得 |
[10:33] | this has nothing to do with work? | 这与公事无关 |
[10:35] | I told my wife that and she said it wouldn’t matter | 我跟我老婆说了 她说没关系 |
[10:37] | because she has a knack for this. | 因为她很擅长牵线 |
[10:39] | What happens if I take you up on this offer | 如果我答应了 结果事情发展得不太顺利 |
[10:42] | and it goes badly or he’s homely | 或者我觉得他长得一般 |
[10:45] | or anything happens good or bad? | 或者任何别的事 |
[10:48] | Did you think about that? | 你有想过后果吗 |
[10:49] | No, I didn’t anticipate any of this, i’ll be honest with you. | 没 老实说 这些我都没想过 |
[10:54] | I appreciate it, but no, thank you. | 谢谢你的好意 但是算了吧 |
[10:56] | Tell Julie she’s very thoughtful. | 告诉朱莉她很体贴 |
[11:07] | Are you auditioning? | 你在等面试吗 |
[11:09] | I tried to arrange a meeting, | 我原本想安排个会议的 |
[11:10] | but Meredith explained how much work you have to do. | 但是梅瑞迪斯说你太忙了 |
[11:17] | We met with Topaz and had the unpleasant conversation. | 我们见了派氏的人 谈得很不好 |
[11:21] | And their solution was a knockoff | 他们的解决方案是模仿别人 |
[11:23] | topaz container, green. | 做一个绿色宝石包装盒 |
[11:26] | What was our solution? | 我们的解决方案呢 |
[11:29] | We don’t have one. | 我们没有 |
[11:31] | The irony is they’re being pushed out of the bottom of the market. | 讽刺的是 他们在低端市场的份额越来越小了 |
[11:34] | What’s the top of the market, department stores? | 高端市场是什么 百货商店吗 |
[11:36] | Yeah, but they’re a drug store brand. That’s what Topaz is. | 是啊 但派氏就是个在药店卖的小牌产品 |
[11:41] | So they’re not called Topaz anymore. | 那就别再叫派氏了 |
[11:45] | Tell them their idea for new packaging was good, | 告诉他们说新包装的主意很棒 |
[11:47] | but the new packaging should say Macy’s. | 但新包装上的名字改成梅西 |
[11:50] | That’s going to be tough when department stores | 那可不是什么好路子 百货商店 |
[11:51] | are being blown up by radicals every day. | 现在经常是激进分子袭击的目标 |
[11:53] | You know these two. | 你也知道那两个被炸的 |
[11:54] | People haven’t stopped shopping. | 人们总是要购物的 |
[11:56] | So all I have to do is sign Macy’s. Piece of cake. | 那我只要签下梅西百货就好了 小事一桩 |
[12:01] | Doesn’t McCann represent Marshall Field’s? | 马歇尔·菲尔德百货不是麦肯广告的客户吗 |
[12:05] | Remind them it’s a two-way street. | 告诉他们这是互惠互利 |
[12:12] | Phil was in plastics and he’s going to metals. | 塑料部门的菲尔现在调去了金属部 |
[12:13] | And Greg was in metals and he’s going to marketing and advertising, | 金属部的格雷格负责营销与广告 |
[12:17] | which is my old job. | 也就是我以前所做的工作 |
[12:18] | That means that Tom Schaeffer | 也就是说汤姆·希弗 |
[12:19] | is now head of plastics at Dow Chemical. | 现在是陶氏化学塑料部门的头 |
[12:23] | Good for him. | 恭喜他 |
[12:25] | Good for you. | 恭喜你 |
[12:27] | Now’s a good time. | 现在可以了 |
[12:30] | He’s still not up. | 他还没醒 |
[12:32] | Never wake a sleeping baby. | 千万别叫醒睡觉的婴儿 |
[12:34] | I want to see him. | 我想见见他 |
[12:38] | Oh, what’s that? | 那是什么 |
[12:40] | We don’t want you to think of this as retirement, | 我们不想你把这当作是退休 |
[12:42] | we want you to think of it | 我们希望你把它当成是 |
[12:43] | as the beginning of your professional career. | 你职业生涯的开始 |
[12:46] | I don’t know what to say. | 我都不知道该说什么了 |
[12:47] | You say, “Jack Nicklaus, out of my way. | 你就说”杰克·尼克劳斯 滚一边去 |
[12:49] | I’ve got better clubs.” | 我的球杆比你的好” |
[12:52] | I’m very touched. | 我很感动 |
[12:55] | Ever since your mother passed away, | 自从你母亲去世之后 |
[12:56] | I haven’t really enjoyed anything. | 我都没有真心享受过任何东西 |
[12:59] | Honestly, Ed. He thinks he’s a comedian. | 不是吧 艾德 他觉得他是个喜剧演员 |
[13:04] | I’m just glad there’s something | 我很高兴除了那艘船 |
[13:04] | that will get him out of the house besides that boat. | 还有别的东西能让他出去活动活动 |
[13:07] | Who says I’m going to be in the house? | 谁说我会待在家里了 |
[13:08] | I’ve got a lot of time to make up for. | 我要弥补太多失去的光阴 |
[13:11] | Daddy, I’m so glad. | 爸爸 我真的很高兴 |
[13:13] | I mean, most of the men my age have had a couple of heart attacks. | 到了我这年纪 大多数人都犯过几次心脏病了 |
[13:15] | I’m still young enough to enjoy things. | 我还年轻呢 要享受生活 |
[13:18] | New things, even. | 尝试新事物 |
[13:19] | I’ve started cooking. | 我都开始做饭了 |
[13:21] | Actually made myself a– what is it, honey? | 事实上我还给自己做了个 叫什么来着 亲爱的 |
[13:24] | A Pop-Tart, Ed. | 是果酱馅饼 艾德 |
[13:27] | It was very good. | 味道好极了 |
[13:33] | Next. | 下一位 |
[13:34] | This is another girl. | 这位是新来的 |
[13:47] | Rachel? | 瑞秋 |
[14:07] | I’m supposed to tell you you missed your flight. | 我是来告诉你 你错过了航班 |
[14:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:17] | Rachel. | 瑞秋 |
[14:19] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[14:21] | You’re not just smooth, | 你不是一般的光滑 |
[14:24] | you’re Wilkinson smooth. | 是威金森皮草独有的光滑 |
[14:30] | Back to work. | 回去工作了 |
[14:41] | Is it morning? | 天亮了吗 |
[14:46] | No. Go back to sleep. | 没有 继续睡吧 |
[15:01] | Sorry, did I wake you? | 抱歉 我把你吵醒了吗 |
[15:03] | It’s okay. Did Eddie wake up again? | 没事 爱迪又醒了吗 |
[15:12] | My dad is so old. | 我爸爸年事已高 |
[15:15] | Don’t worry about him. | 别担心他了 |
[15:17] | He is going to have a ball. | 他晚年会很愉快的 |
[15:19] | Why did he wait so long to do that? | 他为什么过了这么久才开始享受 |
[15:22] | Honey, he loved his job. | 亲爱的 他热爱自己的工作 |
[15:24] | But you don’t. | 可你不喜欢 |
[15:26] | You’re bored and angry because you know in your heart | 你觉得无聊又不开心 因为你心里很清楚 |
[15:29] | it’s not what you want to do. | 那不是你想做的 |
[15:31] | I should never tell you anything. | 我真不该告诉你这些的 |
[15:33] | And I haven’t gotten any writing done in a long time. | 我已经好久没有写过东西了 |
[15:36] | So start now. | 那就现在开始写啊 |
[15:38] | You’ve done very well. | 你以前有过了不起的成就 |
[15:39] | And let’s stop pretending like I wasn’t born with plenty. | 别搞得好像自己没有那个天赋 |
[15:43] | You could quit your job. | 你可以辞了工作 |
[15:45] | We could buy that farm. | 我们买下那个农场 |
[15:47] | You could write your book. | 你可以写写书 |
[15:50] | What book? | 什么书 |
[15:52] | Something sad and sweet. | 写一些甜蜜而忧伤的故事 |
[15:55] | For all the people who don’t have the guts to live their dream. | 写给那些没有勇气追梦的人 |
[15:58] | Why don’t you write a book? | 你为什么不写啊 |
[16:01] | You gave them your eye. | 你已经把一只眼睛搭进去了 |
[16:02] | Don’t give them the rest of your life. | 别再把自己的下半辈子也搭进去 |
[16:04] | Your father was a cog in a giant machine | 你爸爸不过是个生产武器和农药的大公司里 |
[16:07] | that makes weapons and poison. | 一个无足轻重的职员 |
[16:09] | And you sell them. | 但你却帮他们推销 |
[16:12] | I’m proud of the company! | 我为公司感到骄傲 |
[16:13] | And if nothing else, | 别的先不说 |
[16:15] | I’d like to wait and see if I get that raise. | 我会耐心等着公司给我加薪 |
[16:18] | There’s always another hurdle. | 你总是有更大的野心想去实现 |
[16:20] | You’re not listening to me at all! | 你根本没听进我说的话 |
[16:28] | – You’re late. – It’s five after. | -你迟到了 -就晚了5分钟 |
[16:31] | Casting always starts on time. | 选角向来都是准点开始 |
[16:33] | Can’t you smell the cheap perfume? | 难道你闻不到廉价香水味吗 |
[16:37] | Can you call Rachel Katz at Menken’s Department Store? | 你能打电话给门肯百货的瑞秋·卡茨吗 |
[16:40] | No, you know what? Set a meeting. | 慢着 预约面谈吧 |
[16:42] | The number’s in the Rolodex. | 号码在人脉册里 |
[16:43] | It’s regarding Topaz Pantyhose. | 事关派氏裤袜 |
[16:44] | Of course. | 好的 |
[16:50] | Well, you’re not the landing party we expected. | 没想到来的会是你们 |
[16:55] | What can we do for you? | 有什么能为你们效劳吗 |
[16:56] | Well, as I was telling David here on the phone, | 正如我之前在电话里跟大卫说的 |
[16:59] | L’eggs Pantyhose is an unstoppable foe | 裤蛋袜在裤袜市场里 |
[17:01] | in the affordable pantyhose marketplace. | 无疑是强有力的竞争对手 |
[17:04] | Our client, Topaz Pantyhose, has the high quality | 我们的客户派氏裤袜 产品质量过硬 |
[17:07] | to wear a department store name. | 完全有资格在百货公司销售 |
[17:13] | It is a growing and lucrative product. | 这种产品很有前景 利润也不错 |
[17:15] | And in three months, L’eggs has sold a year’s worth. | 三个月里 裤蛋袜已经卖出了一年的量 |
[17:18] | So they’re worried that L’eggs are gonna spread all over the world? | 他们是担心裤蛋袜会扩张到全球吗 |
[17:21] | That wouldn’t bother me at all. | 我可不会担心这一点 |
[17:25] | We were hoping that McCann-Erickson | 我们希望麦肯广告公司 |
[17:27] | could provide, at the minimum, an introduction | 起码能够给你们百货商场的客户 |
[17:30] | to your department store clients | 稍微介绍一下这个品牌的产品 |
[17:32] | so we can assess their desire for a store brand. | 好让我们评估他们对于商店品牌的渴求欲 |
[17:35] | I know they’d be happy to meet you. | 我知道他们一定会很高兴见到你们 |
[17:37] | Especially Dan Higgins. He loves redheads. | 特别是丹·希金斯 他喜欢红头发的妞 |
[17:41] | Would you be able to tell him | 你们能跟他说清楚 |
[17:42] | what’s so special about your panties? | 你们那个裤袜的特别之处吗 |
[17:46] | The benefits are listed there. | 优点都已经列在上面了 |
[17:48] | But, basically, they’re more sheer, | 不过本质上 这些裤袜更加轻薄 |
[17:50] | softer, and more like silk to the touch, | 柔软 触感如丝般顺滑 |
[17:53] | yet still very strong. | 但很坚韧 |
[17:55] | So you can pull them down over and over? | 所以你可以一遍遍地脱下来吗 |
[17:58] | You can wear them quite a few times | 可以穿好几次 |
[17:59] | before they run or lose shape. | 不会抽丝或变形 |
[18:03] | – Do you wear them, Joan? – I do. | -你穿吗 琼 -我穿啊 |
[18:07] | Well, if you talk to Dan, I’d start with that. | 如果你要跟丹谈 我建议你一开始就这么告诉他 |
[18:12] | Well, I think anyone would be equally interested | 我想大家应该会对裤袜的 |
[18:15] | in the price-per-unit, | 价格感兴趣 |
[18:16] | which could be reduced significantly if the demand were higher. | 如果需求量大的话 还能大幅降价 |
[18:19] | Why aren’t you in the brassiere business? | 你为什么不去卖奶罩呢 |
[18:22] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[18:24] | You should be in the bra business. | 你应该去卖胸罩 |
[18:26] | You’re a work of art. | 你简直是活广告啊 |
[18:30] | What she’s saying is that wider distribution | 她的意思是 更广的分销 |
[18:33] | would mean bigger ad budgets for us. | 能给我们带来更多的广告费用 |
[18:36] | Well, I’d set a lunch, but I think a dinner would be better. | 我会安排午饭面谈 不过我觉得晚餐更好 |
[18:39] | And warm him up first. | 先给他预热一下 |
[18:41] | Send a basket of pears to Marshall Field’s. | 送一篮子梨去马歇·菲尔德斯百货公司 |
[18:43] | The one thing Dan likes is a nice pear. | 丹最喜欢的就是梨形身材的女人了 |
[18:48] | This guy. | 瞧这家伙 |
[18:50] | What are their billings? | 他们的广告单有多大 |
[18:52] | If you’d take a look at the sheet there again… | 要是你再看下文件… |
[18:54] | Oh, yeah. Give us a minute. | 好 稍等 |
[18:56] | Let’s read this thing. | 我们来看看这玩意 |
[19:08] | Where were you? | 你去哪儿了 |
[19:09] | Shirley, you’re not gonna believe this, | 雪莉 你不会相信的 |
[19:11] | but I walked to work today. | 我今天是步行来上班的 |
[19:12] | Mr. Sterling and Mr. Donnelly are here. | 斯特林先生和唐纳利先生都在 |
[19:15] | They just walked in. | 他们刚到 |
[19:22] | You wanted to see me? | 你找我有事吗 |
[19:24] | You know Ferguson Donnelly from McCann. | 你认识麦肯广告公司的弗格森·唐纳利吧 |
[19:26] | Of course. Ferg. | 当然了 弗格 |
[19:27] | – Good to see you. – Been a while. | -很高兴见到你 -好久不见 |
[19:33] | Is this about the Topaz department store route? | 这是关于派氏裤袜进百货公司方案的事吗 |
[19:35] | I think it’s a great idea. | 我觉得这是个好主意 |
[19:37] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[19:39] | Did you send Ed Baxter a $200 set | 你有没有花了公司200美元 |
[19:41] | of MacGregor golf clubs from the firm? | 给艾德·伯克斯特送了一套马基高高尔夫球杆 |
[19:43] | Actually, I hand-delivered it. | 实际上 是我亲手送的 |
[19:45] | It was a retirement gift. | 那是个退休礼物 |
[19:46] | Huh, well, I’ve got some bad news for you. | 我要告诉你一个坏消息 |
[19:49] | Pete’s gonna take over Dow. | 皮特将接手陶氏化学 |
[19:51] | Because of the clubs? | 因为那套球杆吗 |
[19:52] | No, because McCann doesn’t want you on the business. | 不是 因为麦肯公司不想让你参与这项业务 |
[19:56] | Just because Ed’s retiring | 就算艾德退休了 |
[19:57] | doesn’t mean I can’t get along with his replacement. | 我也能和他的继任者相处好 |
[20:00] | I know Greg from metals. | 我认识金属部的格雷格 |
[20:02] | I don’t care if you know a girl from Kalamazoo. | 你就算认识卡拉马祖来的姑娘我也不在乎 |
[20:04] | We don’t want you on the business | 我们不让你参与这项业务 |
[20:05] | because we don’t want you on any business. | 是因为我们不想让你参与任何业务 |
[20:10] | Look, Ferg, | 听着 弗格 |
[20:11] | you’re not still mad at me for leaving? | 你不会还在为我离开的事生气吧 |
[20:12] | That was six years ago. | 那都是6年前的事了 |
[20:14] | And you never hired me anyway. | 而且原本也不是你们雇佣的我 |
[20:15] | When you bought Puttnam Powell & Lowe, | 当年你们收购帕特南&鲍威尔&洛公司时 |
[20:16] | I came with the furniture. | 我是按合同转过去的 |
[20:18] | People come in and out of our doors all the time, Ken, | 入职和离职都很正常 肯 |
[20:21] | but they don’t walk out with $4 million of Birds Eye products. | 但他们不会带走价值400万的伯利兹这个客户 |
[20:25] | Of course they do. | 他们当然会了 |
[20:26] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[20:27] | They don’t walk around the office like their shit doesn’t stink. | 他们不会在公司里趾高气昂 |
[20:30] | And then go out and tell the world we’re what, | 到处说我们是什么 |
[20:32] | a bunch of black Irish thugs. | 一群黑发爱尔兰恶棍 |
[20:35] | So you’re gonna fire me because I hurt Ferg’s feelings? | 所以你炒我就是因为我冒犯弗格了吗 |
[20:38] | It’s what he is. Look at him. | 他本来就是那样的人 看看他 |
[20:40] | How about a little dignity? | 留点尊严吧 |
[20:42] | You’re firing me! | 你在炒我呢 |
[20:43] | Yes, but you’re gonna get a generous severance package | 是的 但是你能得到一笔丰厚的遣散费 |
[20:45] | if you help Pete secure all of your accounts. | 前提你把你的所有客户交接给皮特 |
[20:48] | Including Dow. | 包括陶氏化学 |
[20:49] | Roger said he’d be glad to recommend you. | 罗杰说他愿意给你写推荐信 |
[20:52] | Thank you, Roger. I appreciate your loyalty. | 谢谢 罗杰 感谢你的忠诚 |
[21:09] | Should we get lunch? | 我们一起吃午饭吗 |
[21:11] | I want to burn this place down. | 我想烧掉这里 |
[21:14] | I know. They were awful. | 我知道 他们很过分 |
[21:17] | But at least we got a yes. | 但是至少他们同意了 |
[21:19] | Would you have rather had a friendly no? | 难道你宁愿他们礼貌地拒绝我们吗 |
[21:22] | I don’t expect you to understand. | 我不指望你能理解 |
[21:25] | Joan, you’ve never experienced that before? | 琼 你以前没有经历过这种事吗 |
[21:29] | Have you, Peggy? | 你有过吗 佩奇 |
[21:31] | I don’t know. You can’t have it both ways. | 我不知道 鱼与熊掌不可兼得 |
[21:33] | You can’t dress the way you do and expect– | 你不能穿成那样 还想着 |
[21:35] | How do I dress? | 我穿成什么样了 |
[21:37] | Look, they didn’t take me seriously, either. | 听着 他们也没把我当回事 |
[21:40] | So what you’re saying is | 所以你的意思是 |
[21:43] | I don’t dress the way you do | 我没穿成你那样 |
[21:45] | because I don’t look like you. | 是因为我不像你 |
[21:48] | And that’s very, very true. | 这点非常正确 |
[21:53] | You know what? You’re filthy rich. | 你猜怎么着 你富得流油 |
[21:56] | You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to. | 你不用做任何你不想做的事 |
[22:05] | How was the cattle call? | 试镜怎么样 |
[22:07] | We have to have another session. | 我们必须再来一次 |
[22:09] | You’re shameless, you know that? | 你真无耻 你知道吗 |
[22:12] | Do I have a lunch today? | 我中午有饭局吗 |
[22:13] | No, but you have a busy afternoon. | 没有 但是你下午很忙 |
[22:16] | Oh, I scheduled a meeting next Monday | 我下周一为你安排了 |
[22:18] | with Mr. Rosenthal at Menken’s Department Store. | 与门肯百货的罗森索尔先生的会面 |
[22:22] | Mrs. Katz didn’t want to meet? | 卡茨太太不想会面吗 |
[22:24] | Well, it was a very awkward conversation | 那段对话很尴尬 |
[22:27] | because apparently she stepped down a few months ago | 因为显然她几个月前已经离职了 |
[22:31] | and passed away last week. | 而且于上周去世了 |
[22:34] | What? | 什么 |
[22:37] | Rachel Katz? | 瑞秋·卡茨吗 |
[22:39] | Yes. | 是的 |
[22:41] | Well, I’m sorry to tell you that. | 很遗憾告诉你这事 |
[22:44] | Last week? | 上周吗 |
[22:52] | I had no intention of upsetting you. | 我不是故意惹你难受的 |
[22:56] | How old was she? | 她年龄多大了 |
[22:59] | I don’t know. Younger than me. | 我不知道 比我小 |
[23:02] | From the name I just pictured some old lady. | 听名字我还以为是个老妇人 |
[23:06] | I had no idea. | 我完全不知道 |
[23:12] | If you’d like, they’ve asked that in lieu of flowers, | 如果你想的话 他们说你可以向丹佛的 |
[23:15] | you can send a donation to the National Jewish Hospital at Denver. | 国立犹太医院捐款 以代替送花 |
[23:19] | Do you want to do that? | 你想这样做吗 |
[23:23] | No. | 不 |
[23:25] | Yes, sure. | 是的 当然 |
[23:29] | I’m going to run down and get you a sandwich. | 我要下去给你买块三明治 |
[23:40] | I’m shoving off. Need anything else? | 我要走了 还有什么事吗 |
[23:42] | No. | 没有 |
[23:46] | Ahem, Mathis. | 马西斯 |
[23:48] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[23:50] | Well, if it helps you get back into your wife’s good graces, | 如果这能帮你讨好你妻子的话 |
[23:53] | I had a cancelation | 我的日程取消了 |
[23:55] | and I’d love to join you for dinner tomorrow night. | 我想明晚和你们一起用餐 |
[23:58] | Shoot, we already made other plans. | 糟糕 我们已经另作安排了 |
[24:03] | Well, it wasn’t meant to be. | 看来没缘分啊 |
[24:06] | Stevie doesn’t need to come with us. I’ll sell his ticket. | 斯蒂夫不用陪我们 我可以卖掉他的票 |
[24:10] | Stevie? How old is he? | 斯蒂夫 他多大 |
[24:11] | I don’t know, 30? | 我不知道 30岁吧 |
[24:15] | – I don’t know. – Ugh, can I go? | -我不确定 -我能走了吗 |
[24:18] | Give him my number. Tell him to call me. | 把我的号码给他 让他联系我 |
[24:22] | Okay. | 好的 |
[24:37] | – You want a menu? – Just coffee. | -你要菜单吗 -只要咖啡 |
[24:40] | And could you get her attention for me? | 你能帮我叫下她吗 |
[24:42] | Di, just coffee for him. | 黛 他只要咖啡 |
[24:53] | Evening. | 晚上好 |
[24:56] | Can I help you? | 您有什么事吗 |
[24:58] | You look so familiar to me. | 我觉得你很眼熟 |
[25:01] | Do I know you from somewhere? | 我们以前见过吗 |
[25:03] | Yes, from here. The other night. | 是的 在这里见过 前几天晚上 |
[25:05] | No. | 不 |
[25:07] | I think I know you. | 我觉得我认识你 |
[25:10] | You don’t need a line. I know why you’re here. | 你不用胡编乱造 我知道你为何而来 |
[25:13] | And it’s not for a cup of coffee. | 你不是为了一杯咖啡 |
[25:19] | Vi, I’m taking my break. | 维 我休息一下 |
[25:48] | My name is Don. | 我叫唐 |
[26:53] | Excuse me, miss. | 打扰了 女士 |
[26:56] | When are you done here? | 你什么时候下班 |
[26:58] | You got your $100’s worth. | 你的一百美元没白花 |
[27:00] | You can go. | 你可以走了 |
[27:16] | Don. Don. | 唐 唐 |
[27:25] | – Are you okay? – I’m done. | -你还好吧 -我完了 |
[27:29] | McCann told Roger to do it. | 麦肯公司让罗杰这么做的 |
[27:31] | And, boy, did Roger do it. | 天啊 然后罗杰就照做了 |
[27:33] | They want me to giftwrap all my accounts and give them to Pete. | 他们让我把所有客户都打包送给皮特 |
[27:36] | I’m calling Jim Hobart right now. | 我立刻联系吉姆·霍巴特 |
[27:38] | You’re the head of accounts. | 你是业务部的主管 |
[27:40] | Do you want to hear something spooky? | 你想听些很恐怖的事吗 |
[27:43] | Don’t do anything rash, Ken. | 别鲁莽行事 肯 |
[27:45] | It’s just a job. | 这只是份工作而已 |
[27:46] | No, my father-in-law retires | 不 先是我岳父退休了 |
[27:50] | and my wife says, “I want you to quit. | 然后我妻子说 我要你辞职 |
[27:52] | You’re wasting your life. You should write that novel.” | 你是在浪费你的人生 你该继续写小说才对 |
[27:55] | And you know what? | 然后你知道吗 |
[27:57] | I think I was gonna do it. | 我原本真打算这么做了 |
[27:59] | And the very next day, they fire me. | 结果第二天 我就被炒了 |
[28:03] | Can you believe that? | 你敢相信吗 |
[28:05] | No. | 不敢 |
[28:06] | That’s not a coincidence. | 那绝不是巧合 |
[28:08] | That’s a sign. | 那是个预兆 |
[28:11] | Of what? | 什么预兆 |
[28:12] | The life not lived. | 未曾好好享受的人生 |
[28:17] | So that’s good? | 所以那是好事吗 |
[28:19] | Yeah. It’s great. | 是啊 好极了 |
[28:23] | Now I just have to figure out | 现在我只需要想明白 |
[28:25] | how to drag myself through those doors. | 如何拖着我的身子走出这些门就行了 |
[28:37] | Joan, you have a call from Dennis. | 琼 有个叫丹尼斯的来电找你 |
[28:40] | – Dennis who? – I’m not sure. | -哪个丹尼斯 -我不太确定 |
[28:42] | His girl just said Dennis. He’s at McCann-Erickson. | 他的秘书只说了丹尼斯 是麦肯广告公司的 |
[28:48] | It’s Dennis Ford. | 是丹尼斯·福特 |
[28:50] | Should I put him through? | 我该把他的电话接进来吗 |
[28:54] | No. Tell him I’m in a meeting. | 不要 告诉他我在开会 |
[29:10] | So Clara just left? | 克莱拉走人了吗 |
[29:12] | She was as big as a house. | 她肥得跟猪似的 |
[29:14] | Is Torkelson going to marry her? | 托肯森会娶她吗 |
[29:16] | He’s probably just looking the other way. | 他或许是故意装作不知道吧 |
[29:19] | People do that around here all the time. | 这里经常有人那么干的 |
[29:21] | I swear I found out after you did. | 我发誓我比你晚知道这事 |
[29:23] | It came from McCann. | 那是麦肯公司的要求 |
[29:25] | So did your millions of dollars. | 你的巨额资金也是他们给的啊 |
[29:27] | You know, I didn’t really get millions of dollars. | 我并不能得到一笔巨额资金 |
[29:31] | I mean, eventually, | 或许最终是会得到 |
[29:33] | but stepped out in smaller increments | 但我每次只会领取一点点 |
[29:34] | to stay under that top tax threshold. | 以规避最高所得税起征点 |
[29:37] | I might have to buy an apartment building to hold onto any of it. | 我或许得买一栋公寓楼 才能留住那些钱 |
[29:39] | And then I’ve got to be a landlord. | 然后我就成了一个房东了 |
[29:42] | Sounds like a real pain in the ass. | 听上去真是件令人很头疼的事呢 |
[29:44] | Look, I was caught by surprise. | 听着 我当时也很惊讶 |
[29:47] | But I didn’t know your history with McCann. | 但我并不知道你和麦肯公司的历史过节 |
[29:49] | What did you do over there? | 你在那边干了什么事啊 |
[29:52] | I never fit in. I’m not Irish. | 我一直融入不进去 我不是爱尔兰人 |
[29:54] | I’m not Catholic. I can read. | 我不是天主教徒 我识字 |
[29:58] | Well, it’s good you’re playing ball | 幸好你还算配合 |
[29:59] | or you’d have no future. | 否则你就没有未来了 |
[30:01] | In advertising maybe. | 或许在广告行业是没有 |
[30:03] | You have other plans? | 你有其他的打算吗 |
[30:05] | Well, I may have let it go for a while, | 我或许放弃了这个爱好一段时间 |
[30:08] | but damned if I don’t have something to write about now. | 但是现在 我有很多猛料可写 |
[30:12] | No, this world is boring. | 不 广告界太无聊了 |
[30:15] | You should write an adventure story. | 你应该写冒险故事 |
[30:16] | I mean, do you know how great you’re gonna look on a book jacket? | 你知道你的形象出现在书套上会有多帅吗 |
[30:20] | I’ve thought about it. | 我考虑过 |
[30:23] | I’m a hell of a lot better at it than I ever was at this. | 相比广告这行 我还是更擅长写作 |
[30:27] | Good for you. | 好样的 |
[30:28] | I’m envious. | 我真羡慕你 |
[30:30] | I thought I was really changing my life | 当年我去加州时 |
[30:31] | when I went out to California. | 真以为我在改变自己的人生 |
[30:34] | Of course, now it sort of feels like a dream. | 当然了 现在感觉那是一个梦 |
[30:36] | But at the time, it felt so real. | 但是在当时 感觉那么逼真 |
[30:39] | Well, that’s you, I guess. | 我猜你是这样的吧 |
[30:42] | I know. Look, here I am. | 我知道 瞧瞧 现在我在这里 |
[30:45] | And you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[30:47] | If you get tired of the writing, | 如果你厌倦写作了 |
[30:48] | I hope you know you can always use my name. | 你永远可以亮出我的名头 |
[30:49] | I have nothing but good things to say about you. | 我对你只有正面评价 |
[30:53] | I appreciate that. | 谢谢你的好意 |
[30:56] | Jesus, Fillmore Auto Parts? | 天啊 菲尔莫尔汽车零部件公司 |
[30:58] | You trying to give me stuff we don’t even have anymore? | 你想把我们已经失去的客户都塞给我吗 |
[31:21] | This is the same as the navy one. | 这件和深蓝色的样式一样 |
[31:23] | Well, don’t tell Oscar de la Renta | 别告诉奥斯卡·德拉伦塔 |
[31:25] | because the navy one is $159. | 因为深蓝色那件要159美元 |
[31:28] | I can wear boots with that. | 我可以穿靴子配那件 |
[31:30] | You know what? | 你猜怎么着 |
[31:32] | I’ll take the boots and the tan heels, | 我要靴子 肉色高跟 |
[31:35] | the chiffon, the red, | 雪纺 红色的 |
[31:38] | and this one. | 还有这件 |
[31:41] | Didn’t you used to work here? | 你以前不是在这里工作过吗 |
[31:43] | Because you can probably still get the discount. | 因为你说不定还能享受打折优惠 |
[31:46] | That’s tempting, | 真诱人 |
[31:48] | but I think you have me confused with someone else. | 但是我觉得你把我当成别人了 |
[31:51] | Could you? | 能帮帮忙吗 |
[32:00] | Ted wants to see you. | 泰德想见你 |
[32:06] | Send him in. | 让他进来吧 |
[32:08] | Just got off the phone with Wilkinson. | 我刚跟威金森公司的人通完电话 |
[32:10] | They’ve narrowed it down to three girls. | 他们把备选人缩减到了3个女孩身上 |
[32:12] | They want me to send over the binder, | 他们让我把每个人的档案夹送过去 |
[32:13] | but there’s 120 Polaroids in here. | 但这里面大概有120张照片 |
[32:16] | It’s just gonna make things worse. | 那会让情况更加糟糕的 |
[32:17] | What can I say? They’re perverts. They love casting. | 我能怎么说呢 他们是变态 就喜欢选角 |
[32:20] | They can’t decide? Use them all. | 他们决定不了吗 那就都用啊 |
[32:23] | There are three women in every man’s life. | 每个男人的人生中都有三个女人 |
[32:29] | You did not just think that up. | 这不是你灵光一闪想起来的吧 |
[32:31] | Fine, I’ve had it for years, | 好吧 我几年前就有这创意了 |
[32:32] | but I really think it works here. | 但我觉得用在这个广告上很合适 |
[32:34] | You’d rather find new creative than pick a girl? | 你情愿变更创意 也不愿意挑个女孩吗 |
[32:37] | Speaking of which, | 说到这个 |
[32:38] | “Vogue” is throwing a party in the Village tonight. | 《时尚》杂志今晚会在格林尼治村办派对 |
[32:40] | Cocktails at my apartment. It’s right around the corner. | 在我的公寓里喝鸡尾酒 很近的 |
[32:42] | Apparently, hemlines are going up. | 显然 现在流行的裙子越来越短了 |
[32:45] | What time? | 几点 |
[32:47] | – I’m leaving now. – Okay. | -我这就走了 -好吧 |
[32:56] | So, you’re from Atlanta? | 你是亚特兰大人吗 |
[32:58] | No, I just went to school there. | 不 我只是在那里上大学的 |
[33:00] | Emory, it’s the only game in town. | 埃默里大学 那里唯一的大学 |
[33:02] | How about you? | 那你呢 |
[33:04] | Me? Oh, no. I didn’t go to college. | 我吗 没有 我没上过大学 |
[33:06] | I went right to work. I was a secretary. | 我直接工作的 我以前是个秘书 |
[33:10] | That’s interesting. | 那可真有意思 |
[33:11] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[33:14] | Ah, here we go. | 终于来了 |
[33:19] | Oh, this smells delicious. | 闻着好像很好吃 |
[33:22] | It does. | 的确如此 |
[33:24] | Didn’t you order lasagna? | 你点的不是意式千层面吗 |
[33:26] | This is just as good. | 这个也一样好吃 |
[33:29] | Do you want my cannelloni? It’s like lasagna. | 你想吃我的烤碎肉卷吗 跟千层面差不多 |
[33:32] | More than veal, anyway. | 起码比小牛肉要像 |
[33:34] | Are you trying to make this more complicated? | 你是想让眼前的情况变得更复杂吗 |
[33:36] | I don’t know why you’re eating something you didn’t order. | 我不明白你为什么要吃不是你点的菜 |
[33:39] | Do you like veal? | 你喜欢小牛肉吗 |
[33:41] | What am I supposed to do? | 我能怎么做呢 |
[33:42] | Send it back like a prima donna? | 像个高傲的小姐一样退回去吗 |
[33:44] | So you’re just gonna eat someone else’s dinner? | 所以你就打算吃别人点的餐吗 |
[33:47] | So I can either be a jerk and send it back, | 我要么当个混蛋 把这退回去 |
[33:50] | or eat it and look weak. | 要么吃下去 显得软弱 |
[33:54] | I don’t want this to get cold. | 我可不希望我的食物冷掉 |
[33:58] | Johnny said you were the kind of girl | 强尼也说过你是那种 |
[33:59] | who doesn’t put up with things. | 不喜欢容忍的女孩 |
[34:02] | Really? | 是吗 |
[34:04] | What else did Mathis say? | 马西斯还说了些什么 |
[34:08] | He said you were funny. | 他说你很风趣 |
[34:11] | And that you were fearless. | 胆大无畏 |
[34:23] | I love veal. | 我喜欢吃小牛肉 |
[35:01] | Excuse me. Can I help you? | 不好意思 有什么事吗 |
[35:03] | Should I take my shoes off? | 我需要把鞋子脱掉吗 |
[35:04] | No, that’s just for the mourners. | 不用 只有送葬者才需要 |
[35:08] | I just wanted to pay my respects. | 我只是想来吊唁一下 |
[35:10] | I worked with Rachel. | 我曾跟瑞秋共事过 |
[35:11] | At the store? | 在百货商店吗 |
[35:13] | I’m Barbara, her sister. | 我是芭芭拉 她姐姐 |
[35:14] | I’m Don Draper. I’m in advertising. | 我是唐·德雷柏 广告行业的 |
[35:20] | I know who you are. | 我知道你是谁 |
[35:24] | Excuse me, do you mind? | 不好意思 你能帮个忙吗 |
[35:25] | We need one more for our minyan. | 我们还需要一个人凑齐祭拜人数 |
[35:25] | 犹太人的祈祷/祭拜仪式 需要十个成年男子 | |
[35:28] | I’d be glad to help. | 我很乐意帮忙 |
[35:29] | He can’t. He’s not Jewish. | 他不行 他不是犹太人 |
[35:31] | Okay. I’ll go and knock on some doors. | 好的 我去问问隔壁邻居什么的 |
[35:34] | You shouldn’t do it. Let one of them do it. | 你不该那么做 随便找个人去做吧 |
[35:36] | Barbara, they’re my neighbors. | 芭芭拉 他们是我的邻居啊 |
[35:42] | We’re sitting shiva. | 我们在办坐七仪式 |
[35:43] | It’s a seven-day memorial period after the funeral. | 就是葬礼之后 一个为期7天的追悼期 |
[35:47] | I’ve lived in New York a long time. | 我在纽约生活过很多年了 |
[35:49] | I brought cake. | 我带来了蛋糕 |
[35:53] | You did. | 是啊 |
[35:57] | So, how is your family? | 你的家人们怎么样 |
[36:02] | I got divorced. | 我离婚了 |
[36:05] | And I got remarried, actually. | 然后又再婚了 |
[36:07] | You left your wife for her? | 你为她抛弃了你的妻子吗 |
[36:09] | No, it didn’t work out that way. | 不 不是先出轨再离婚的 |
[36:13] | I’m actually getting divorced again. | 我恐怕又要再次离婚了 |
[36:17] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[36:24] | Are those her children? | 那几个是她的孩子吗 |
[36:27] | Yes. | 是的 |
[36:29] | When’s the last time you spoke to her? | 你上次跟她说话是什么时候的事 |
[36:32] | Years ago. Before them. | 几年前了 当时他们还未出生 |
[36:38] | What happened to her? | 她是因为什么死的 |
[36:41] | She had leukemia. | 她患了白血病 |
[36:53] | I’m sorry. I don’t know what you’re looking for here. | 不好意思 我不知道你来这里是想寻求什么 |
[36:57] | I guess I just wanted to find out what was happening in her life. | 我大概只是想知道她的人生是如何度过的吧 |
[37:00] | She lived the life she wanted to live. | 她过着她想要的人生 |
[37:03] | She had everything. | 她拥有一切 |
[37:07] | Good. | 很好 |
[37:09] | I have to help. I’m sorry. | 我得去帮忙了 抱歉 |
[37:35] | Johnny Mathis. | 强尼·马西斯 |
[37:36] | How many times has he shown up | 他有多少次出现后 |
[37:39] | and people have been disappointed? | 大家都很失望 |
[37:41] | “You are not Johnny Mathis.” | “你可不是大歌星强尼·马西斯” |
[37:44] | I’ve never thought of that. | 我还从来没想到过这一点呢 |
[37:47] | You don’t seem like a lawyer. | 你看上去不太像是律师 |
[37:50] | Well, I just left a firm in Boston | 我刚刚离开波士顿一家律所 |
[37:52] | because they felt the same way. | 因为他们对我也是同样的感觉 |
[37:56] | I once quit a job because I wanted to go to Paris. | 我曾辞了一份工作 就因为我想去巴黎 |
[38:00] | Do they do that in advertising? | 广告行业里会这样吗 |
[38:02] | Sure. We shoot commercials abroad all the time. | 当然了 我们经常去国外拍广告的 |
[38:06] | Well, some people do. | 是某些人 |
[38:08] | So all you have to do is write something in Paris | 所以你只需要把文案背景设定在巴黎 |
[38:11] | and you can go. Am I wrong? | 然后你就可以去了 我说错了吗 |
[38:13] | Yes. That’s not how it works. | 是错了 可不是这么回事 |
[38:16] | Well, next vacation. | 下一个度假地 |
[38:22] | I haven’t taken a vacation… | 我好久没度过假了 |
[38:25] | well, never. | 是从未有过 |
[38:31] | You know what? Let’s go. | 好了 我们走吧 |
[38:33] | Sure. Where? | 好啊 去哪儿 |
[38:35] | To Paris. | 去巴黎 |
[38:37] | Let’s go to Paris. | 我们去巴黎吧 |
[38:39] | Right now. | 就现在 |
[38:44] | You think you’re kidding around, | 你以为你在开玩笑 |
[38:45] | – but I don’t have a job. – I’m not kidding. | -但我可是没工作的人 -我没开玩笑 |
[38:49] | Okay. I’m getting the check. | 好啊 我来结账 |
[38:52] | And I’m getting my coat. | 我来拿大衣 |
[39:00] | I can’t find it. | 我找不到了 |
[39:02] | I’ve never actually used it. | 我其实从来没用过 |
[39:04] | You’ve never used your passport? | 你的护照从来没用过吗 |
[39:19] | – Stop. – What? Why? | -停下 -为什么 为什么 |
[39:22] | Flight’s not till 6:00. | 航班6点才起飞呢 |
[39:24] | I hate to disappoint you, | 我不想让你失望 |
[39:25] | but I don’t need that much time. | 但我不会那么持久的 |
[39:31] | I can’t believe this. | 我真不敢相信这事 |
[39:33] | I can’t find my passport. | 我竟然找不到护照了 |
[39:36] | It’s okay. This is a romantic spot. | 没关系 这里也很浪漫啊 |
[39:40] | Stevie. | 斯蒂夫 |
[39:44] | I’m sorry, | 我很抱歉 |
[39:45] | but what were we going to do in Paris? | 但我们去了巴黎要做什么啊 |
[39:49] | I thought you were a fling, | 我原以为你我只是露水情缘 |
[39:51] | but now I think maybe you’re more. | 但现在我觉得或许不止如此 |
[39:56] | I don’t want to sleep with you on the night we first met. | 我不希望在我们认识的第一晚就上床 |
[40:00] | That’s so old-fashioned. | 真传统啊 |
[40:03] | I’ve tried new-fashioned. | 我尝试过新潮的做法 |
[40:07] | Well, if I have to go back to Boston… | 如果我还得回波士顿 |
[40:09] | I don’t even know if I’m going to get this job. | 我都不知道我能不能得到这份工作 |
[40:11] | Don’t you worry. I am going to find that passport. | 别担心 我一定会找到护照的 |
[40:15] | We can go next weekend. | 我们可以下周末一起去 |
[40:17] | I have an interview in DC next weekend. | 我下周末在华盛顿特区有个面试 |
[40:21] | How about the weekend after? | 不如下下周末吧 |
[40:23] | Perfect. | 好极了 |
[40:27] | You really want me to go now? | 你真希望我现在走人吗 |
[40:31] | Just call me when you get back from DC. | 等你从华盛顿特区回来了给我打电话吧 |
[40:42] | I will. | 我会的 |
[40:43] | Good. | 很好 |
[41:11] | 10 days ago with my report to the nation on Vietnam, | 10天前 在就越南问题的《告国民书》中 |
[41:15] | I announced the decision to withdraw | 我宣布政府已决定 |
[41:17] | an additional 150,000 Americans from Vietnam over the next year. | 明年再将15万美国人从越南撤回 |
[41:23] | I said then that I was making that decision | 我当时曾说 尽管我做出这样的决定 |
[41:27] | despite our concern over increased enemy activity in Laos. | 但我们对于老挝越来越猖獗的敌对活动感到担忧 |
[41:50] | I’ve secured Birds Eye. | 我保住了伯利兹这个客户 |
[41:52] | I think Ferguson Donnelly is one happy man. | 我觉得弗格森·唐纳利现在是一个开心的人 |
[41:54] | More like a man and a half. | 那么难对付 抵得上一个半人 |
[41:56] | As my father would say, | 按我父亲的话说 |
[41:57] | he really puts the mick in McCann. | 他真是让麦肯公司充满爱尔兰佬的风格 |
[42:00] | Ken’s here for the meeting. | 肯来参加会议了 |
[42:03] | – Did you invite him? – To this meeting? | -是你邀请他的吗 -怎么会 |
[42:07] | Oh, hello, Pete. | 你好啊 皮特 |
[42:08] | Roger, I just wanted to let you know | 罗杰 我想告诉你一下 |
[42:10] | I won’t be collecting severance. | 我不要遣散费了 |
[42:12] | You got another job? Good for you. | 你重新找了份工作吗 好样的 |
[42:15] | But you’re still entitled. | 但你依然有权利拿那笔钱 |
[42:16] | It wouldn’t be right. | 那是不对的 |
[42:17] | My signing bonus from Dow is so big, | 陶氏化学给我的签约金是巨额的 |
[42:19] | it feels like a second helping. | 那就像是领双份的钱了 |
[42:23] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你他妈在说什么呢 |
[42:24] | See, I wasn’t just Ed’s son-in-law. | 我并非只是艾德的女婿 |
[42:27] | They actually value their relationships. | 他们其实很重视他们的关系 |
[42:30] | Well, I suppose they need a guy in fertilizer. | 看来他们需要一个人负责肥料部门吧 |
[42:33] | I’m taking Tom Schaeffer’s old post. | 我要接替汤姆·希弗的旧职位 |
[42:35] | Head of advertising. | 广告部主管 |
[42:38] | So you’re going to fire us? | 所以你打算炒了我们吗 |
[42:40] | No, it’s going to be way worse than that. | 不 实际情况要比那糟糕多了 |
[42:43] | I’m going to be your client. | 我会成为你们的客户 |
[42:45] | And I hate to tell you, but I’m very hard to please. | 我也不想这么说 但要取悦我是很难的 |
[42:51] | Until we meet again. | 下次再见了 |
[42:58] | Shit. | 该死的 |
[43:12] | Taking Fleischmann’s Margarine to the studio. | 我要把弗莱希曼人造黄油的故事板送去摄影棚了 |
[43:14] | If you want changes, we got to talk now. | 如果你想变更什么 我们得现在就谈好 |
[43:16] | Sure, fine, just keep your voice down. | 行了 声音小点 |
[43:18] | I commandeered these. | 我强征了这些东西 |
[43:20] | Sounds like you had quite a night. | 听上去你昨晚过得很精彩啊 |
[43:23] | It was nice. | 是挺不错的 |
[43:24] | With who? | 和谁啊 |
[43:25] | She’s going to Europe with my brother-in-law. | 她要和我大舅子一起去欧洲了 |
[43:28] | You know, Julie and I went to Paris on our honeymoon | 朱莉和我就是去法国度蜜月的 |
[43:30] | if you need any recommendations. | 如果你需要什么建议可以来找我 |
[43:32] | I don’t know where I’m going, but you have work to do. | 我不知道我要去哪儿 但你还有工作要做呢 |
[43:41] | Paris, huh? | 巴黎是吧 |
[43:43] | Where margarine was invented. | 人造黄油就产自那里 |
[43:46] | First date magic. | 初次约会的魔力啊 |
[43:48] | I had too much wine | 我昨晚酒喝太多了 |
[43:50] | and I totally embarrassed myself. | 真是出尽了洋相 |
[43:53] | Sounds like you had a good time. | 听上去你玩得很开心啊 |
[43:55] | I’m not going to | 我才不会和一个 |
[43:56] | get on a plane with somebody I barely know. | 我几乎都不怎么认识的人一起登上飞机呢 |
[43:58] | But you’d get to know him. Sounds like fun. | 但你会有机会了解他的啊 听上去很有趣啊 |
[44:03] | It’s nothing a couple of aspirin won’t fix. | 无论什么问题 吃几片阿司匹林就好了 |
[44:15] | Meredith, I’m leaving for the day. | 梅瑞迪斯 我马上走了就不回公司了 |
[44:22] | I got a little research for your meeting. | 我为你的会议做了一点小调查 |
[44:25] | Mr. Rosenthal is first thing Monday morning. | 周一早上第一件事就是会见罗森索尔先生 |
[44:27] | – Who? – Mr. Rosenthal. | -谁 -罗森索尔先生 |
[44:30] | From Menken’s Department Store. | 门肯百货商店的那位 |
[44:32] | Pantyhose. | 裤袜业务 |
[44:37] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[45:04] | I’ve got this. | 我来吧 |
[45:06] | Hello. | 你好 |
[45:08] | I don’t know why you’re here, | 我不知道你为什么来这里 |
[45:09] | but that’s not going to happen again. | 但那种事是不可能再次发生的 |
[45:11] | Wait. | 等等 |
[45:14] | What? | 怎么了 |
[45:17] | I… | 我… |
[45:19] | had this dream about a woman I once knew. | 梦到了我曾经认识的一个女人 |
[45:24] | And I found out the next day she had just died. | 第二天我才发现她最近过世了 |
[45:29] | Is that who you think I am? | 你觉得我是她吗 |
[45:32] | No, I don’t think so. | 不 我不觉得 |
[45:35] | Well, I want you to think very carefully | 我希望你仔细想清楚 |
[45:37] | about when you really had that dream, | 你到底是什么时候做那个梦的 |
[45:38] | because when people die, everything gets mixed up. | 因为当有人去世时 很多事情会混淆起来 |
[45:43] | I don’t know. Maybe. | 我也不知道 或许吧 |
[45:45] | Maybe you dreamt about her all the time. | 或许你是经常梦到她 |
[45:49] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[45:51] | When someone dies, you just want to make sense out of it. | 当有人死去时 你会试图去理解这一切 |
[45:55] | But you can’t. | 但你理解不了的 |
[46:02] | I’m not saying this to lead you on or make you more interested, | 我这么说不是引诱你 或让你兴趣更深 |
[46:04] | but the next time you come in here, please bring a date. | 但下次你再来时 请带个伴一起来 |
[46:09] | I just work here. | 我是这里的员工 |
[46:12] | I just want to sit here. | 我只是想在这儿坐坐 |
[46:19] | Okay. | 好的 |
[46:25] | And then I fell in love | 然后我陷入了爱情 |
[46:28] | with the most wonderful boy in the world. | 他是这世上最出色的男孩 |
[46:31] | We’d take long walks down by the river, | 我们沿着河边长长的小道漫步 |
[46:35] | or just sit for hours | 或只是静坐几小时 |
[46:37] | gazing into each other’s eyes. | 互相凝视 |
[46:39] | We were so very much in love. | 我们就是爱得这么深 |
[46:43] | And then one day, | 然后有一天 |
[46:45] | you went away. | 你突然离去 |
[46:46] | And I thought I’d die, but I didn’t. | 我以为我会死去 但我没有 |
[46:51] | And when I didn’t, | 既然我没死 |
[46:53] | I said to myself, “Is that all there is to love?” | 我就问自己 爱就是这么脆弱吗 |
[46:57] | Is that all there is? | 一切都这么脆弱吗 |
[47:01] | Is that all there is? | 一切都这么脆弱吗 |
[47:06] | If that’s all there is, my friends. | 如果一切真的这么脆弱 朋友 |
[47:10] | Then let’s keep … | 那不如继续… |
[47:12] | I know what you must be saying to yourselves. | 我知道你们肯定会对自己说些什么 |
[47:15] | If that’s the way she feels about it | “如果她是这种感觉 |
[47:18] | why doesn’t she just end it all? | 她何不干脆结束一切呢” |
[47:21] | Oh, no, not me. | 不 我不会 |
[47:23] | I’m in not ready for that final disappointment. | 我还未准备好接受那最后的失望 |
[47:27] | ‘Cause I know | 因为我知道 |
[47:28] | just as well as I’m standing here talking to you, | 我现在站在这里告诉你们 |
[47:32] | when that final moment comes and I’m breathing my last breath | 当那最终时刻来临时 我呼吸着最后一口气 |
[47:37] | I’ll be saying to myself- | 我会对自己说 |
[47:39] | Is that all there is? | 一切都这么脆弱吗 |