时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Mom, dad, guess what! | 老爸 老妈 你们猜怎么着 |
[00:05] | Tooth Fairy came. | 牙仙来找我了 |
[00:06] | He did? | 真的吗 |
[00:07] | Oh, so what’s he gave you? | 噢 那他给你什么了 |
[00:09] | A couple of dollars? | 几块钱 |
[00:10] | I got a rock, and half a stick gum. | 给了我了一块石头和半块口香糖 |
[00:14] | Malcolm Reese Malcolm, Reese! | |
[00:51] | Watch this Francis, I can make milk come up either nostril. | 看着点 Francis 我能让牛奶从我的鼻孔里喷出来 |
[00:55] | He’s got pretty good at this. | 他很擅长这个 |
[00:57] | It’s sad, but i’m actually kind of jealous. | 可悲的是 我还真有点嫉妒 |
[00:59] | Reese, anything come out of your nose | Reese 从你鼻孔里出来的东西 |
[01:01] | is going right back in your mouth! | 你都给我吃进去 |
[01:03] | This cross of my waffle still frozen. | 我的华夫饼还是冻的 |
[01:05] | Oh, i’m sorry honey. | 噢 对不起 宝贝 |
[01:07] | I had to put Francis’ waffle on top | 我得把Francis的华夫饼放在最上面 |
[01:08] | and that toaster just isn’t big enough. | 烤箱又不够大 |
[01:11] | It’s your fault my waffle’s frozen. | 都怪你 我的华夫饼还是冻的 |
[01:16] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[01:18] | Francis you’d better get moving, | Francis 你该走了 |
[01:19] | you don’t want be late for your first day of inventory. | 第一天去盘点库存可别迟到了 |
[01:21] | Yeah, Mom, thanks again for get me that job. | 好的 老妈 再次感谢你让我去那上班 |
[01:24] | some of my guys will spending their spring break river rafting. | 我朋友们的春假都是去玩水上漂流 |
[01:27] | You wouldn’t believe how jealous they were | 你都不知道他们知道我要去 |
[01:28] | when they heard i was gonna be | 幸福好帮手数洗头水瓶子 |
[01:29] | counting shampoo bottles at the Lucky Aide. | 有多羡慕嫉妒恨 |
[01:32] | Sorry Francis, but it’s a perfect fit. | 抱歉了 Francis 这个工作很适合你 |
[01:33] | We needed people and you have no choice. | 我们需要人手 你呢 又别无选择 |
[01:36] | Hey! Look at the sexy profesor! | 嗨 快看 这有个性感的教授 |
[01:39] | Dad, you’re bringing all that junk to Dewey’s class? | 老爸 那些垃圾你都要带到Dewey的课上去么 |
[01:42] | Yes i am, Malcolm, | 当然了 Malcolm |
[01:43] | this is my first career day I want to make sure i dazzled them. | 这是我第一次参加职业介绍日 我要震惊全场 |
[01:46] | I want Dewey to be proud of his old man. | 我想让Dewey为他老爸骄傲 |
[01:48] | One out of four wouldn’t be so bad. | 四个儿子至少有一个吧 |
[01:51] | Dad, they’re 6 years old. | 老爸 他们都6岁了 |
[01:52] | Which is why we had to keep things moving, | 我知道 所以我们不能有任何差错 |
[01:53] | now remember,We’ll start with the pie chart | 记住 我们从饼状图开始 |
[01:55] | then move to Earnings Index. | 然后介绍收益指数 |
[01:56] | Do I have to do this? | 我一定要做这些吗 |
[01:58] | Relax Malcolm, Your teacher said it’s fine. | 放轻松 Malcolm 你的老师说没问题 |
[02:00] | You’ll just make up what you miss after school. | 你可以放学后再去补课 |
[02:02] | You know, I’m really looking forward to this. | 我真的很期待 |
[02:04] | I think this is gonna be a lot of fun. | 这肯定会很有趣 |
[02:08] | Well, no, that’s not, uh, all I do. | 呃 不 这不是 呃 我全部的工作 |
[02:11] | i, uh, there are some, you know, | 我 呃 还是做过一些 |
[02:14] | important and, uh, very interesting. | 重要的 呃 有趣的 工作 |
[02:17] | Could you repeat the question? | 你能再重复一遍问题吗 |
[02:21] | Your job sounds awful. | 你的工作听起来很糟糕 |
[02:22] | Well, of course it’s awful, it’s a job! you know. | 工作嘛 当然都糟糕啦 |
[02:26] | He’s tanking. | 他表现的真糟 |
[02:28] | He’s way past tanking. | 已经不能用糟糕来形容了 |
[02:30] | See, you, you kids have to realize that all jobs are awful, | 你们这帮孩子得明白 所有工作都很糟糕 |
[02:34] | and there is nothing that you can do about that. | 而且我们无力改变现状 |
[02:36] | I mean, they’re, they’re tedious and boring. | 工作嘛 都很单调 无聊 |
[02:40] | Being a fireman isn’t boring. | 消防员就很酷啊 |
[02:42] | True, but you have to take into consideration | 确实 但是你得考虑到 |
[02:44] | the high mortality rate. | 这个工作的高死亡率 |
[02:45] | it’s really easy to get killed in a fire. | 在大火里工作很容易被烧死 |
[02:48] | My daddy is a fireman. | 我老爸就是消防员 |
[02:51] | Oh | 噢 |
[02:51] | And i’m sure he’s probably gonna be fine! | 你老爸肯定会平安无事的 |
[02:55] | So the only reason you like your job is | 你喜欢你的工作 |
[02:56] | because you won’t get killed in a fire? | 就是因为不会被大火烧死吗 |
[02:59] | Yes | 没错 |
[03:00] | Well, actually, you see, i, i work on a very high floor | 其实我在很高的楼层上班 |
[03:04] | so that’s not necessarily true. | 所以也不一定 |
[03:07] | Any other questions? | 还有问题吗 |
[03:09] | If your job is so boring and you don’t like it, | 如果你的工作又无聊你又不喜欢 |
[03:12] | why do you do it? | 为什么你还继续做 |
[03:15] | You quit your job? | 你辞职了 |
[03:16] | Lois, please, give me a little more credit than that. | Lois 拜托 相信我 我怎么可能辞职 |
[03:20] | No, i asked for a leave of absence | 我只是因为肾病 |
[03:21] | because of a kidney malfunction. | 请了一段时间的假而已 |
[03:23] | Nice. | 厉害 |
[03:24] | Drastic, but vague enough to discourage any follow-up questions. | 戏剧化 但是有迷惑性 不会让人质疑 |
[03:27] | Way to go. | 干的好 |
[03:29] | Did you doing this because what a 7 years old said? | 就因为一个7岁孩子的话你就不上班了 |
[03:31] | It was horrible, he made dad cry! | 可吓人了 他把老爸弄哭了 |
[03:33] | This kid was ruthless but fair. | 这个孩子很残忍 但是他的话有道理 |
[03:36] | His dad did a puppet show. | 他老爸是表演木偶剧的 |
[03:38] | I’ll tell you boys, life is crazy. | 孩子们 人生很疯狂 |
[03:40] | One day you’re in community college | 前一天你还在社区大学里 |
[03:42] | driving a Camaro T-top cock of the walk, | 开着敞篷的科迈罗 趾高气昂的 |
[03:44] | and then you need some cash, so you get a job. | 接下来 你需要点钱 于是就去工作了 |
[03:46] | You think it’s only temporary, | 你以为这只是暂时的 |
[03:48] | but then you get a promotion and then a raise | 但是之后你升职加薪 |
[03:50] | and all these doors open up for you | 就好像希望之门都为你打开了 |
[03:52] | except they’re not really doors. | 可惜 它们不是真正的门 |
[03:54] | they’re trapdoors. | 是有陷阱的井盖 |
[03:55] | And then all of a sudden, bam! | 突然间 轰隆隆 |
[03:57] | 20 years has zipped by, | 20年如白驹过隙 |
[03:59] | and you’re thinking | 然后你会思考 |
[04:00] | “is this all i have to my life?” | 这难道就是我全部的人生了吗 |
[04:04] | Not you kids, i love you kids, | 不是指你们 我爱你们 |
[04:05] | but come on, the house, it’s crap. | 我是说这房子 烂到爆 |
[04:07] | Boys, I want to talk to your father alone. | 孩子们 我要和你们老爸单独谈谈 |
[04:09] | So? | 所以呢 |
[04:10] | you’ve got a bedroom, we are eating. | 你们去卧室谈 我们正吃饭呢 |
[04:12] | Just kidding, we’re leaving. | 我开玩笑的 我们马上离开 |
[04:19] | Hal, is this a midlife crisis? | Hal 你这是中年危机吗 |
[04:22] | I don’t know what it is, | 我也不知道 |
[04:23] | i, i, it, i just know that I had to do something. | 我 我 我只知道我得做些什么 |
[04:26] | And what is it exactly you plan on doing? | 你 到底想做什么 |
[04:29] | What i have always talked about doing, | 我一直侃侃而谈 |
[04:31] | a thing that has been in my head for years. | 而且念念不忘的那件事 |
[04:33] | The painting? | 画画 |
[04:34] | Yes, i, i, i can see so clearly! | 没错 我能清晰的看到 |
[04:36] | Every line, every streak, every daub, | 每一条线段 每一道纹路 每一笔涂抹 |
[04:39] | the blazing crimson flushes the vivid blue tones. | 耀眼的深红色冲刷着鲜艳的蓝色 |
[04:43] | The almost subliminal tinges of tangerine, | 还有那一抹淡淡的橘色的晕染 |
[04:45] | yes, Hal, i have heard this before, but | 停 Hal 我之前听你说过 但是 |
[04:47] | Lois Lois | |
[04:48] | I got to get this out of my head. | 我得实现这些想法 |
[04:50] | You know how crazy this is? | 你知道有多疯狂吗 |
[04:52] | Yeah. | 知道 |
[04:52] | You were going to save the painting | 你可以等到退休的时候 |
[04:53] | until retirement when it’s okay to be insane. | 再发疯似的开始画画 |
[04:55] | Hal, i was really looking forward to | Hal 我期待我们的未来里 |
[04:57] | that old painter guy puttering around the house | 有你这个老画家在家附近闲晃 |
[04:59] | with a little old spot of paint on his cheek. | 脸上还沾着颜料的斑点 |
[05:02] | Sorry baby, i just, i just can’t wait anymore. | 抱歉 宝贝 我只是 我只是不想再等了 |
[05:04] | Maybe i can be the old gardener guy. | 也许我老了可以当园丁 |
[05:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:10] | Yes? really? yes? | 真的吗 真的可以吗 |
[05:12] | This is important to you | 这对你很重要 |
[05:13] | and up until about five minutes ago | 直到5分钟前 |
[05:14] | you were a very good husband and father, | 你还是个好老公兼好爸爸 |
[05:16] | you deserve this. | 这是你应得的 |
[05:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:19] | You deserve something really great. | 你也应该得到一些很棒的东西 |
[05:22] | I really wish I could buy it for you | 我特想买给你 |
[05:24] | but I’m going to be digging pretty deep | 不过我要存钱 |
[05:25] | into the savings for art supplies. | 去买画画的工具 |
[05:28] | Thank you. | 太谢谢了 |
[05:31] | Congratulations, people you have all passed | 恭喜你们 你们都通过了 |
[05:33] | the rigorous Lucky Aide inventory screening process. | 幸福好帮手库存部严格的筛选 |
[05:36] | you should be proud, this is a great crew! | 你们应该骄傲 这是个很棒的团队 |
[05:41] | Now that you’ve done trust games, | 既然做完了信任游戏 |
[05:42] | some stretches now we’re ready for that. | 伸展运动 可以开始玩儿真的了 |
[05:44] | As i already explained | 我之前已经解释过了 |
[05:45] | corporate has us pitted against the downtown store | 公司让我们和市中心店竞争 |
[05:48] | first one to finish inventory gets a plaque and a hundred. | 谁先搞定存货 就可以得到胸章和100 |
[05:52] | A plaque. | 就一块胸章 没了 |
[05:54] | Yes, a question. | 什么问题 |
[05:55] | Yes, which household product will kill me fastest? | 告诉我 哪种家用商品能让我死的最快 |
[05:58] | we’re going to start you off counting the cotton swabs. | 你就从数棉签开始吧 |
[06:01] | bleach, or oven cleaner, | 喝漂白剂或者烤箱清洁剂 |
[06:04] | or rat granade, rat granade is good. | 或者毒鼠强 毒鼠强最有效 |
[06:07] | It’s weird | 太奇怪了 |
[06:08] | All my life, dad’s been getting up every morning | 我长这么大 老爸每天早上 |
[06:10] | and dragging himself to a job | 都会拖着疲惫的身子去上班 |
[06:12] | that he despised with every fiber of his being. | 做那个他用尽力气去厌恶的工作 |
[06:15] | i can’t believe i never noticed. | 我不敢相信我从来没注意过 |
[06:17] | i guess i’ve been pretty self-centered. | 我没准儿太自我为中心了 |
[06:22] | Oh my God! what if that happens to me? | 噢天啊 这要是发生在我身上可怎么办 |
[06:25] | Two quarts of amber varnish, | 2夸脱琥珀色的油漆 |
[06:27] | a number two camel hair brush | 2号骆驼毛笔 |
[06:29] | Or maybe a Kalinsky sable. | 或者买凯琳斯基貂毛笔 |
[06:31] | Camel hair brush, | 骆驼毛画笔 |
[06:32] | Kalinsky sable, | 凯琳斯基貂毛笔 |
[06:34] | how do you know about all this stuff? | 你怎么会知道这些 |
[06:35] | you never painted anything in your life. | 你这辈子都没画过画 |
[06:37] | I have been painting this for 15 years, Lois, up here. | 我已经画了15年了 Lois 就在我的脑海里 |
[06:43] | Oh, hi honey. | 回来啦 宝贝 |
[06:44] | Do you people have any idea what this kind of | 你知道这种没意义的体力活 |
[06:46] | mindless labor does to a person? | 会对人造成什么影响么 |
[06:48] | it kills your soul. | 虐心啊 |
[06:50] | it turns your mind into jelly | 让你思维凝滞 |
[06:53] | and it crushes your spirit to dust. | 活力碾碎成渣 |
[06:55] | Oh, Craig called, | 噢 Craig打电话来 |
[06:57] | he wants you there tomorrow at 7 instead of 8. | 让你明天早一个小时上班 |
[06:59] | Oh, and can you keep it down when you get up in the morning, | 你早上能不能动静小点 |
[07:01] | i’m sleeping in. | 我要睡觉 |
[07:19] | So, Malcolm, word on the street is | Malcolm 大家都在八卦 |
[07:21] | your father wigged out at work. | 说你老爸上班的时候发疯了 |
[07:23] | What? | 什么 |
[07:23] | Did he really set his desk on fire and dance around it? | 他真的把桌子点着了然后在旁边跳舞吗 |
[07:26] | I heard it was a lovers’ quarrel with the cleaning lady. | 我听说你爸和清洁工小三儿吵架了 |
[07:29] | That’s crazy! | 太扯了吧 |
[07:30] | Where are you guys hearing all this stuff? | 你们听谁说的 |
[07:35] | My dad’s fine, | 我老爸没事 |
[07:36] | he just taking some time off from work | 他只是请了一段时间的假 |
[07:38] | because he hates his job. | 因为他恨他的工作 |
[07:39] | You know, it’s actually kind of got me thinking, | 其实 这也让我开始思考 |
[07:42] | What am i going to do when i grow up? | 我长大了要干什么 |
[07:43] | You mean you don’t have a plan in place? | 你难道没有未来规划吗 |
[07:47] | No. | 没有 |
[07:48] | That’s okay, Malcolm, i mean, | 没事的 Malcolm |
[07:51] | it’s not too, excuse me, allergies. | 这也不会太 不好意思 过敏了 |
[07:55] | You guys already have your career planned? | 你们都有职业规划了吗 |
[07:58] | You don’t just luck into running | 你要是想操作粒子加速器 |
[08:00] | a particle accelerator, you know. | 不能只靠运气 你知道吗 |
[08:02] | with my intelligence, | 以我的智慧 |
[08:06] | and tokenism, | 和我的个人魅力 |
[08:08] | the sky’s the limit. | 只有想不到 没有我做不到的 |
[08:32] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:33] | How many is that? | 有多少个 |
[08:34] | Oobin Keitch Oobin keitch | |
[08:37] | Write it down. | 写下来 |
[08:41] | That’s a number? | 你写的这是数字吗 |
[08:42] | Where are you from? | 你到底是哪的人 |
[08:44] | Red alert! everyone gather round. | 注意注意 大家集中一下 |
[08:47] | People, my sources tell me that | 同志们 我的线人告诉我 |
[08:50] | downtown found some Rainman-type | 市中心店在流浪汉庇护所里 |
[08:52] | human calculator at a homeless shelter | 找到了个像雨人那样天才的计算高手 |
[08:54] | Now I hear he’s prone to tantrums | 我听说他脾气暴躁 |
[08:56] | but we can’t count on that, | 但我们不能光指望这个 |
[08:57] | so I’m going to need everyone to work late tonight. | 所以 大家今天晚上都要加班 |
[08:59] | Oh, Francis, | 噢 Francis |
[09:01] | the loose candy bin count looks a bit hinky to me, | 你数糖果箱数的太随便了 我不放心 |
[09:04] | i want you to double-check the malt-balls. | 你得再检查一遍这些麦丽素 |
[09:08] | Should i start with the 40 in your belly? | 我是不是应该从你肚子里的40个开始数 |
[09:10] | I heard that, | 我听见了 |
[09:11] | and i’m paying for those. | 而且我付钱了 |
[09:15] | Things are starting to get really strange around here. | 现在我家的氛围太奇怪了 |
[09:18] | It’s dad, | 主要是我老爸 |
[09:19] | he’s so happy. | 他 特高兴 |
[09:21] | Mmm, this meatloaf is incredible, new recipe? | 这个肉卷真好吃 新食谱吗 |
[09:24] | Same as it’s always been. | 跟以前一样 |
[09:25] | Oh come on, something’s different, I can tell. | 噢 骗人吧 肯定不一样 我尝的出来 |
[09:28] | Oh, actually, you know what? i was out of tomato paste, | 噢 其实吧 咱家番茄酱没了 |
[09:30] | and i used ketchup instead. | 我用的番茄沙司 |
[09:32] | uh huh, see? i could taste it. | 看见没 我能尝的出来 |
[09:34] | It’s good, isn’t it, kiddo? | 真好吃 对吧 孩子们 |
[09:36] | What’s the matter, son? | 你怎么了 儿子 |
[09:38] | A girl at school called me “Ewey Dewey.” | 学校里一个女生叫我”恶心的Dewey” |
[09:41] | This is the same girl who puts paste | 是那个老把胶水 |
[09:42] | in your hair all the time, isn’t it? | 洒在你头上女生吗 |
[09:44] | Mmm, well, you know, | 嗯 其实吧 |
[09:46] | she’s just doing this because she likes you. | 她这么做是因为她喜欢你 |
[09:48] | It’s her way of getting your attention. | 她想吸引你的注意 |
[09:50] | So she doesn’t think i’m ewey? | 所以她不觉的我恶心 |
[09:52] | Oh, of course not. | 当然不了 |
[09:56] | He’s right. | 你老爸说的对 |
[09:57] | Hey dad, I have a little situation | 嗨 老爸 我也有点小状况 |
[10:00] | maybe you can help me out with, | 需要你帮忙 |
[10:01] | there’s this girl | 有个女孩吧 |
[10:02] | I suggest that you leave her alone | 我建议你在 |
[10:03] | before she calls the police on you. | 她叫警察抓你之前 离她远点 |
[10:06] | Okay, thanks. | 好吧 谢了 |
[10:10] | What’s wrong? | 你又怎么了 |
[10:11] | What do you mean? | 为什么这么问我 |
[10:12] | Well, i noticed you looking at me. | 因为你一直盯着我看 |
[10:15] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[10:16] | See? it’s creepy! | 看见没 超级恐怖 |
[10:19] | Well, Hal, i’ve got to admit it, | Hal 我必须得承认 |
[10:21] | that work’s being really good for you. | 画画真的很适合你 |
[10:22] | you seems so much happier, so much more attentive, | 你看起来又开心又有魅力 |
[10:25] | tuned in to the boys. | 和儿子们打成一片 |
[10:39] | Hal | 老公 |
[10:41] | My god, you’re beautiful. | 我的天啊 你真美 |
[11:05] | OK team, you did a great job yesterday. | 同志们 你们昨天做的很好 |
[11:09] | Unfortunately i lost all the numbers. | 不幸的是 我把数字给弄丢了 |
[11:12] | i think accidentally mailed them to my mom. | 我貌似发邮件的时候不小心发给我老妈了 |
[11:15] | Yes, so oops. | 是啊 哎呦 糟糕啦 |
[11:18] | So why don’t you guys start recounting, | 所以你们重新数吧 |
[11:19] | i’m going to head to the downtown store | 我要去市中心店 耍点小手段 |
[11:21] | and play a little defense,if you know what i’m saying. | 你们懂的 防守住他们的进攻 |
[11:24] | Uh, Garkech, you’re in charge. | Garkech 这儿归你管 |
[11:27] | Whoa whoa whoa, you’re putting him in charge? | 哇 哇 哇 你让他管 |
[11:29] | he doesn’t speak English. | 他连英语都不会说 |
[11:30] | we don’t even know if Garkech is really his name. | 我们都不知道Garkech是不是他的真名 |
[11:32] | We don’t know that it’s not. | 我们也不能确定这不是他的真名 |
[11:34] | besides, he hasn’t questioned every decision i’ve made. | 更何况 他对我的决定从来都没异议 |
[11:36] | That’s because he can’t! | 那是因为他不懂英语 |
[11:38] | and what happened to our lunch break? | 我们的午休怎么办 |
[11:40] | I can’t hear you. | 我听不到 |
[11:42] | Thought you might be ready for some aspirin. | 估计你头疼到想来点阿司匹林了 |
[11:44] | I’m working for a moron. | 我在为白痴工作 |
[11:45] | Of course you are, honey. | 当然了 宝贝 |
[11:46] | Your boss is an idiot, your co-workers are incompetent | 你的老板是个傻瓜 你的同事们也没什么能耐 |
[11:49] | and you’re underappreciated. | 而你 怀才不遇 |
[11:50] | Welcome to the working world. | 欢迎来到工作的世界 |
[11:53] | How do people do it? | 人们是怎么忍受这一切的 |
[11:55] | Well let’s see | 是这样的 |
[11:56] | If you want to eat, sleep indoors | 如果你想吃饱睡好 |
[11:58] | you know those kinds of luxuries | 类似奢侈的事情 |
[11:59] | you really don’t have much of a choice. | 你就没有太多的选择 |
[12:01] | What about dad? he had a choice. | 那老爸呢 他就可以选择 |
[12:03] | Every 20 years, you’re allowed a two-week breakdown. | 每隔20年 你可以崩溃2周 |
[12:06] | Oh, i can’t wait. | 噢 我等不及了 |
[12:10] | He says, get back to work! | 他说滚回去工作 |
[12:13] | I really appreciate your letting me take this location exam. | 我很感激你让我进行职业定位测验 |
[12:15] | I know it’s generally for older kids. | 我知道这一般都是给大一点的孩子做的 |
[12:18] | I just felt like i really needed some help | 我就是需要点帮助 |
[12:20] | i don’t want to make a wrong decision. | 我不想做错误的决定 |
[12:23] | Well | 那么 |
[12:24] | did you get the test results? | 你拿到测试结果了吗 |
[12:26] | Oh, yes. | 噢 当然 |
[12:27] | What do they say i should do? | 结果怎么说 |
[12:29] | Well | 是这样的 |
[12:30] | according to this | 根据测试结果 |
[12:32] | absolutely anything you want. | 你想做什么职业都可以 |
[12:34] | What? | 什么 |
[12:35] | Yeah, you, you scored equally excellent in all areas | 是的 你在各个方面的得分都一样优秀 |
[12:39] | according to this test | 根据这个测试 |
[12:40] | there isn’t a career on the planet you wouldn’t be great at. | 在这个地球上 任何一种职业你都能胜任 |
[12:44] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[12:46] | Well, that, that doesn’t exactly clarify anything | 可是 这 这没有明确任何事情啊 |
[12:49] | i, i was kind of hoping. | 我本来还希望 |
[12:50] | You know, kid there are a lot of people | 孩子 你得知足 |
[12:52] | who would kill to have both | 很多人都渴望能同时胜任 |
[12:54] | professional golfer and neurosurgeon on their test results. | 职业高尔夫选手和神经外科医生呢 |
[12:57] | Yeah, but that doesn’t help me. | 也许 可是对我没有帮助啊 |
[12:59] | I mean, how am i supposed to | 如果没有参考 |
[13:00] | decide if i don’t have any parameters at all. | 我怎么决定到底从事什么职业呢 |
[13:03] | Well, boo-hoo for you, Mr.Unlimited Potential | 真可怜 我都要为你落泪了 “无限潜力”先生 |
[13:06] | let me wipe my tears for you on my plastic briefcase. | 来 让我把眼泪抹在我公文包上 |
[13:08] | Does the test at least say what i might like? | 那至少得告诉我 我可能会喜欢什么吧 |
[13:11] | Aside from exposing middle-aged | 除了将中年男人们的 |
[13:13] | underachievers for the failures they are? Nope. | 失败揭露出来之外 没有了 |
[13:16] | Can i take the test again? | 我能再测试一次吗 |
[13:17] | Uh, no. | 让我想想 不行 |
[13:19] | Now if you’ll excuse me i have to catch a bus | 你不介意的话 我去赶公车了 |
[13:22] | or i’ll be late for my night job. | 否则我上夜班要迟到了 |
[13:24] | unless, of course, you’d like that too. | 除非 你也想把那工作夺过去 |
[14:18] | Dad, what are you doing up ? it’s like 5:30 in the morning. | 老爸 你干嘛呢 现在才早上5:30 |
[14:20] | Ooh, wow, really? 5:30? i should be getting to bed. | 哇 真的吗 已经5:30了 我得去睡觉了 |
[14:23] | What are you doing up? | 你干嘛呢 |
[14:24] | I’m going to work, maybe you remember it. | 我得去上班 还记得吧 |
[14:26] | Oh, hey, Francis, can i borrow 20 bucks? | 噢 乖儿子 能借我20块钱吗 |
[14:27] | i need to buy some paint. | 我得去买点油漆 |
[14:28] | What? you just bought like six cans of paint yesterday | 你说什么 你昨天不是刚买了6罐吗 |
[14:31] | what happened to that? | 它们咋了 |
[14:32] | I used it, man, What are you grilling me for? | 我用完了 切 干嘛对我严刑拷打啊 |
[14:34] | How can you use 6 cans of paint in one day? | 你怎么可能一天用完6罐 |
[14:36] | Francis, please, i really need it. | Francis 求你了 我真的很需要油漆 |
[14:38] | I’m so close, is almost right. | 我已经很接近了 就快成功了 |
[14:40] | Do you have any idea | 你知不知道 |
[14:41] | how hard i have to work to make 20 dollars? | 我工作的多辛苦才能挣到20块钱 |
[14:44] | All right! all right! i didn’t ask for a lecture. | 好啦 好啦 我又不是来听你长篇大论的 |
[14:56] | Hey dad, can i ask for you some advice? | 嗨 老爸 你能不能给我点建议 |
[14:58] | The girl who’s been bugging Dewey | 那个给Dewey起外号的女生 |
[15:01] | still won’t leave him alone! | 还在招惹他 |
[15:02] | Now she’s calling me Dewey Dwarf. | 她给Dewey起了个新外号 叫”矮子Dewey” |
[15:04] | I told him, you’ve gotta fight fire with fire. | 我跟Dewey说 你得以其人之道 还治其人之身 |
[15:07] | And you should come up some really raunchy nickname for her, | 你得给她起个粗俗的外号 |
[15:09] | and spread it in school and church stuff | 然后传到学校啊教堂啊 |
[15:12] | you know, really get it out there. | 你懂的 传的到处都是 |
[15:14] | Uh. | 呃 |
[15:15] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[15:15] | Good for you, boys. | 干的不错 孩子们 |
[15:17] | So the name thing, you’re on board with that? | 那外号这件事 你要帮忙么 |
[15:25] | Well, let’s get to work. | 好吧 我们自己搞定 |
[15:27] | What’s that girl’s name again? | 那个女孩儿叫什么来着 |
[15:28] | Regina Tucker. | “阴道小姐” |
[15:32] | Do not worry, we’ll think of something. | 别担心 能想出点新东西来的 |
[15:38] | Another day of crap. | 又是屎一样糟糕的一天 |
[15:41] | Damn catalogs. | 该死的目录 |
[15:45] | Idiot foreman. | 白痴工头 |
[15:54] | Watch your step. | 看着脚下 |
[15:55] | whatever. | 随便啦 |
[16:05] | So tired. | 好累啊 |
[16:34] | Hal Hal | |
[16:34] | it’s past midnight, are you coming to bed? | 已经过了午夜 你还不上床睡觉 |
[16:37] | No! | 不睡 |
[16:37] | How can i go to bed, it’s nothing what it should be. | 我怎么能去睡觉 我什么都没画出来 |
[16:40] | Honey | 亲爱的 |
[16:42] | This is your dream. | 画画是你的梦想 |
[16:43] | It’s supposed to be fun! | 它应该让你开心才对 |
[16:45] | What are you talking about, fun? this isn’t fun? | 你胡说什么呢 开心 这也能叫开心 |
[16:48] | This is driving me crazy! | 简直快把我逼疯了 |
[16:51] | I just, i, i, i can’t get it right. | 我只是 我 我 我老是画不好 |
[16:53] | Well, you don’t have to finish it! | 你不需要完成它 |
[16:55] | Look at you! | 看看你自己 |
[16:56] | You’re killing yourself! | 你只是在折磨你自己 |
[16:58] | One more day, that’s all, i just need one more day! | 就要一天 就再给我一天时间 |
[17:01] | Hal, there has got to be, like, 500 gallons of paint up there. | Hal 那上面起码囤积了有500加仑的油漆了 |
[17:06] | There’s isn’t. | 乱说 |
[17:09] | Yeah, that’s about right. | 是啊 还真差不多 |
[17:11] | Well, it’s over. | 结束了 |
[17:16] | I just got the word, | 我刚听说了 |
[17:16] | downtown finished their inventory. We’ve lost. | 市中心店数完了他们的库存 我们输了 |
[17:19] | Chelooz marak Chelooz marak! | |
[17:21] | I think Garkech speaks for all of us. | 我觉的Garkech表达了大家的感受 |
[17:24] | I’ll be in the cookie aisle. | 我在饼干货架那里等你们 |
[17:27] | Well, i say we just make up | 那我们数完剩下的 |
[17:29] | the rest of the numbers and go home. | 然后就各回各家吧 |
[17:30] | Wait a minute, go home? | 等一下 回家 |
[17:32] | Weren’t you listening? | 你没长耳朵吗 |
[17:33] | We lost! | 我们输了 |
[17:34] | I just spent my entire spring break | 我整个春假都窝在这里 |
[17:37] | counting flip-flops and Vagisil. | 数人字拖和私处护理液 |
[17:39] | You’re saying that was all for nothing? | 你的意思是说我白干了吗 |
[17:41] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:42] | Do you know how many parties i missed this week? | 你知道这周我错过了多少个派对吗 |
[17:45] | How many spring break debaucheries i could’ve been at? | 有多少个春假小荡妇我没约成 |
[17:48] | How many drunken sorority girls | 有多少个联谊会酒女 |
[17:51] | ripped their tops off without me there to yell encouragement? | 不用我怂恿 就会脱掉上衣 |
[17:54] | You can’t tell me that was for nothing! | 你不能跟我说那全白费了 |
[17:57] | We can’t quit! | 我们不能放弃 |
[18:00] | Come on, guys. | 给点力 同志们 |
[18:01] | We took on a challenge. | 我们得接受挑战 |
[18:04] | I’m staying until this is done | 我会在这一直工作直到搞定为止 |
[18:06] | the right way. | 这才是正确的做法 |
[18:08] | Who’s with me? | 谁跟我一起 |
[18:10] | Why aren’t you translating? | 你怎么不翻译了 |
[18:12] | There’s no point. | 你说的没道理啊 |
[18:13] | But please, go on. | 但是 请继续 |
[18:14] | That’s it. | 我说完了 |
[18:16] | Ah, Okay, see you. | 太好了 再见 |
[18:21] | All right, now, keep them closed. | 太好了 跟紧点孩子们 |
[18:23] | Come on. | 进来 |
[18:25] | You’ve all been very patient. I appreciate that. | 你们一直以来都对我很有耐心 我很感激 |
[18:29] | Waiting a long time, so. | 让你们久等了 现在 |
[18:32] | Here it is. | 看吧 |
[18:38] | It’s | 这幅画 |
[18:38] | Yeah. | 是呀 |
[18:43] | You’re finished? | 你画完了吗 |
[18:44] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[18:44] | It’s perfect. | 它简直就是完美 |
[18:45] | I mean, it’s exactly how i imagined it. | 跟我想象中的一模一样 |
[18:48] | Then, look at it. | 那你看着它 |
[18:52] | What? | 什么 |
[18:52] | Look at your painting. | 看着你的画 |
[18:54] | Oh i can see it. | 噢 我看的见它 |
[18:54] | Hal, i want you to look at that painting and tell me | Hal 我要你看着你的画然后告诉我 |
[18:58] | that you’re satisfied with it. | 你对它很满意 |
[19:05] | Damn! | 该死的 |
[19:06] | I knew it! | 我就知道 |
[19:07] | You are not finished! | 你没画完 |
[19:08] | I can’t do it, Lois, it’s driving me crazy. | 我做不到 Lois 它简直把我逼疯了 |
[19:10] | I have been slapping on paint day after day | 我日复一日的把各种油漆涂上去 |
[19:13] | and i’ve got nothing! | 但结果什么都不是 |
[19:14] | And i’m never going to get it right | 我永远都做不到了 |
[19:16] | so i might as well just forget it. | 所以还是忘了它吧 |
[19:17] | Oh you listen to me, Hal. | 你给我听着 Hal |
[19:19] | You are not going back to work | 你不许回去工作 |
[19:20] | until you get this out of your system. | 除非你把这破事儿给完成了 |
[19:23] | No! | 我不要 |
[19:24] | You don’t understand, it’s no use. | 你不懂 没用的 |
[19:27] | You are not giving up! | 你不许放弃 |
[19:28] | You are gonna stay right here until you are finished! | 你给我呆在这直到完成为止 |
[19:31] | I’m not going to go through this every five years | 你每隔5年就决定 |
[19:33] | when you decide that there’s a sculpture or a fountain | 要建一个雕塑或者一个喷泉 |
[19:35] | or God knows what it is you still have to build. | 或者天知道什么破玩意儿 |
[19:37] | You are going to finish it! | 我不想再经历这些了 你给我完成它 |
[19:39] | Fine! | 好 画就画 |
[19:40] | You want them to see me finish it, i’ll finish it! | 你想让孩子们看见我画完 那我就画完 |
[19:43] | I’ll put a little bit here, huh? How about there? | 我在这泼点油漆 如何 这里呢 |
[19:45] | How about there? | 那里呢 |
[19:52] | And | 还有 |
[19:55] | Here. | 这里 |
[19:58] | And | 然后 |
[20:04] | Awesome! | 太棒了 |
[20:07] | I don’t believe it. | 我简直不敢相信 |
[20:09] | That’s it. | 就是它 |
[20:10] | That’s what was in my head. | 这就是我脑中的画面 |
[20:13] | I’ve had it, everyone at that place | 我受够了 我的同事都是逃兵 |
[20:15] | are a bunch of slacker, lazy.oh wow | 是懒猪 哦哇 |
[20:23] | Hal, i’m so proud of you! | Hal 我真为你骄傲 |
[20:28] | I did it! | 我做到了 |
[20:31] | I really did. | 我真的做到了 |
[20:35] | What’s that sound? | 什么声音 |
[20:37] | I do not know. | 不知道 |
[20:39] | It sounds like. | 听起来好像 |
[20:43] | Look out! paint-alanche. | 小心 油漆崩塌啦 |
[20:50] | I’m okay, i’m okay. | 我没事 我没事 |
[20:56] | Oh, honey, i got to go. Bye. | 噢 亲爱的 我得走了 再见 |
[20:58] | Francis, come on, i’ll drive you to the bus station. | Francis 过来 我开车送你到公车站 |
[21:00] | Hey, vacation’s over, mister. | 嗨 假期结束了 先生 |
[21:02] | Time to get back to the old grindstone, let’s go. | 该是回归正轨的时候了 走吧 |
[21:04] | uh. | 不 |
[21:05] | You know, all this made me realize | 这一切让我意识到 |
[21:07] | why plan for my future | 如果结局注定是整墙的油漆砸到我身上 |
[21:08] | When it’s just going to end up | 为什么要规划 |
[21:09] | with a giant wall of paint crashing down on me? | 我的未来呢 |
[21:11] | I’m just going to enjoy being a kid for a while. | 我要享受当小孩的时光 |
[21:16] | There’s a lot of good things about being a kid. Ow! | 当小孩有很多好处 嗷 好痛 |
[21:18] | That’s for stepping on my side of the room. | 打你是因为你踏进了我的地盘 |
[21:22] | No pressures, no responsibilities. | 无压力 无责任 |
[21:24] | Malcolm, how many times do i have to tell you to | Malcolm 我跟你说了多少次了 |
[21:26] | make up your bed? | 要记得铺床 |
[21:27] | You are going to | 从现在开始 |
[21:28] | make up all of our beds for a month starting now. | 你整个月都要负责铺全家的床 |
[21:31] | I think i’m smart enough to know when i got it good. | 我那么聪明 知道什么时候该收手 |