时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | I had a bad dream. | 我做了个噩梦 |
[00:09] | That’s OK, sweety. | 没事 亲爱的 |
[00:11] | Come on, come on, it’s okay now. | 到这来 没事了 |
[00:17] | What was your dream? | 你梦到了什么 |
[00:19] | I dreamed there was this man | 我梦到有一个人 |
[00:23] | outside the door | 站在门外 |
[00:26] | with a big knife | 手里拿着把大刀 |
[00:29] | Use wire to tie everyone up | 用电线把大家都绑起来 |
[00:32] | and kill them | 并且杀了他们 |
[00:34] | eat their eyeballs | 嚼碎他们的眼珠 |
[00:38] | Good night | 晚安 |
[01:18] | Hey, what are you doing there, son? | 嘿 你在干嘛呢 儿子 |
[01:19] | I have to prove Kepler’s Third Law planetary motion. | 我要证明开普勒第三定律的行星运动 |
[01:24] | What’s Dewey doing? | Dewey在做什么呢 |
[01:25] | He’s coloring. | 他正在填色 |
[01:26] | Well, I’d better get in there. | 我最好进去瞧一下 |
[01:28] | Dad! There is crazy guy chasing me. | 爸爸 有一个疯狂的人追着我不放 |
[01:30] | He said I did horrible things | 他说我做了可怕的事情 |
[01:32] | But I couldn’t really understand him. | 但我完全没明白他的意思 |
[01:33] | I think he’d escaped from a mental hospital. | 我觉得他是从精神病院逃出来的 |
[01:36] | I didn’t heard a thing. | 我什么都没有听到 |
[01:42] | Hello again, Hal | 又见面了 Hal |
[01:46] | You are not to step a foot outside of this house, | 这个月除了去学校以外 |
[01:48] | except for school for the next month! | 不许你踏出这房子半步 |
[01:50] | OK. | 好吧 |
[01:50] | Wait a minute, honey. He has to go outside. | 先打住亲爱的 他必须得出去 |
[01:52] | He’s not done pulling weights since his last punishment | 自从上次惩罚后他就再没有做引体向上了 |
[01:53] | Oh, I think staying inside with no TV is worse than waiting. | 我觉得在家里待着没电视看比干等着更糟 |
[01:56] | I’m already banned for TV . | 我早就被禁止看电视了 |
[01:58] | You are? | 是吗 |
[01:59] | Alright. Fine. | 如果是这样 |
[02:00] | No TV. No going outside, | 不许看电视 不能出去 |
[02:03] | except for weighting which you will do at night | 除了引体向上 你晚上做 |
[02:06] | Inside. | 在家里 |
[02:08] | Eh I got nothing. | 我没招儿了 |
[02:09] | How long this is gonna take? | 这次处罚又是多长时间 |
[02:10] | Just go to your room. Your father and I’ll sort this out. | 去你房间去 你爸和我会决定这事情的 |
[02:16] | We are not getting through to him. | 他压根儿就没把我们当回事儿 |
[02:18] | What else can we do? | 那我们还能做什么呢 |
[02:19] | We really take away television, video games, his music, fresh air. | 我们已经剥夺了他的电视 游戏 音乐 甚至新鲜空气 |
[02:24] | Lois, we have taken away his | Lois 我们连他的空气都剥夺了 |
[02:25] | air and he doesn’t care about any of it. | 但是他一点都不在乎 |
[02:27] | We had better come up with something | 我们最好在他搞出什么国家问题来之前 |
[02:29] | before he wines up something to be a problem for the state. | 想出点办法来 |
[02:32] | Maybe we should try something other than punishing him. | 或许我们应该尝试其他方法 而不是惩罚他 |
[02:35] | Like what? | 比如呢 |
[02:36] | Maybe Reese needs more attention. Positive attention. | Reese也许是需要别人的关注 积极的关注 |
[02:39] | When I was his age I always | 当我在他这么大的时候 |
[02:41] | wanted someone there to talk to or hang out with, be a role model. | 我经常希望有人跟我说话或者一起出去玩 成为我的榜样 |
[02:44] | Oh hell, I do not know. | 噢 天啊 我不知道怎么办 |
[02:46] | Lois, this boy needs a father figure. | Lois 这孩子需要的是一个父亲的角色 |
[02:49] | And I really think it should be me. | 并且这角色非我莫属 |
[02:53] | What Cintia is doing? | Cintia在干嘛 |
[02:54] | We thought you’d know. | 我们以为你知道 |
[02:56] | given your relationship. | 鉴于你们的情侣关系 |
[02:57] | We don’t have a relationship. | 我们可不想要情侣关系 |
[02:59] | It’s OK … to feel. | 有感情也没什么 |
[03:03] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[03:05] | Hey guys, here you go. I’m having a party this weekend. | 嘿 伙计们给 我这周末要举办个派对 |
[03:09] | Do not lose your invitations, | 可不要弄丢你们的邀请函哦 |
[03:10] | Cuz no one get pass my dad without them. | 因为没有邀请函我爸可是不让进的 |
[03:13] | A party … the natural aounce self-dilutional fills my imagination, party. | 派对 满足我想象之的达人派对 |
[03:19] | Is it your birthday? | 你的生日派对吗 |
[03:20] | No, it’s just for socializing … | 不是 只是为了搞搞社交活动 |
[03:22] | You know, it’s weird. | 你知道的 是有点奇怪 |
[03:23] | I’ve been here for a month and a half | 我到这儿来都已经一个半月了 |
[03:24] | and you are the only friends I have. | 但你们是我唯一的朋友 |
[03:26] | You’re kidding. | 你开玩笑的吧 |
[03:28] | I’m serious. | 我是认真的 |
[03:29] | It maybe be hard for you guys to believe, | 也许对你们来说很难相信 |
[03:31] | but Some people have trouble in making friends. | 但是有些人交起朋友来会有障碍 |
[03:36] | Please be my friend! | 请做我的朋友吧 |
[03:38] | Cynthia, are you sure you want to sound so …? | Cynthia 你确定你非要看上去这么 |
[03:41] | I wish I had thought of this! | 我希望我早点也想到这主意 |
[03:42] | I know, it could be so great. | 我知道 派对会很棒的 |
[03:44] | I’m finally gonna make some friends. | 我终于要结交一些朋友了 |
[03:47] | What do you think, Malcolm? | 你觉得怎么样 Malcolm |
[03:49] | Sounds great … it should be … party | 听起来不错…确实应该搞个派对 |
[03:53] | fingers cross. | 期望如此 |
[03:55] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[03:57] | Hi Eric, How’s going? | 嗨 Eric 你还好吧 |
[04:00] | You just missed your third history deadline, Francis. | 你已经是第三次错过历史课的最后期限了 Francis |
[04:04] | I’m not going to Spangler summer school | 我可不要因为我的搭档把他那份作业搞砸了 |
[04:06] | Cuz my partner blowed off his half of the project | 而去上Spangler的暑期学校 |
[04:08] | Can’t you get my half? I splitted it under your door | 你没拿到我那份么 我塞到你门缝下了 |
[04:10] | Is this your half? | 是这个吗 |
[04:13] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[04:14] | This is my half! | 这是我的一半 |
[04:16] | If I knew you’d gonna go so overbored, | 我要是知道你会做这么多 |
[04:18] | I would have spent a little more time on my section. | 我会再花多一点时间在我的那部分工作上 |
[04:21] | You photocopying a page out of the dictionary … | 这是你从字典里的一页复印出来的 |
[04:25] | Okay, I messed up. There is still time. | 好吧 我搞砸了 但还有时间啊 |
[04:28] | when this thing go again? | 这事什么时候再开始 |
[04:30] | The 20th. | 就这20号 |
[04:31] | And you’re worried? | 你有什么好担心的 |
[04:32] | We have over a week. | 我们还有超过一周的时间 |
[04:34] | My half it took me two months. | 我那一半花了我两个月时间 |
[04:36] | Okay, I guess I’m just gonna buck down and get it down then. | 好吧 我想我还是认真点把这事搞定了 |
[04:39] | Okay. I’ll go to the library to get some books. | 好 我去图书馆拿些书 |
[04:41] | Stay here and organize your notes. | 你呆在这里整理你的笔记 |
[04:43] | Sounds like a plan. | 听起来像个计划 |
[04:50] | 68 degrees. Perfect paper writing temperature. | 8华氏度 写论文的完美温度 |
[04:56] | Let’s get do it. | 让我们开始吧 |
[04:58] | I thought you said we’d try something new … | 我记得你说我们会尝试些新的事物 |
[05:00] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[05:01] | So it’s not a punishment? | 所以 这不是惩罚 |
[05:03] | No. Why would you say that? | 不是 你为什么这么说 |
[05:05] | Because you keep looking at me and saying stuff … | 因为你一直看着我说一些东西 |
[05:07] | I am paying an attention to you. | 我是在关注你 |
[05:09] | But Dad … “A cooking class? | 但是爸爸 烹饪班 |
[05:11] | Come on, Reese, open your mind … | 来吧 Reese 要打开你的思维 |
[05:12] | The art of cooking is so muscular as any of the other courses. | 烹饪艺术和其他课程一样需要有男子气概 |
[05:15] | Judo, Riaforick boxing … | 柔道 拳击 |
[05:18] | Anyone get fight | 全民战斗 |
[05:20] | but it takes a special man to climb to truely bolognese sauce. | 但是只有最出众的人才能够做得出正宗的波隆那肉酱来 |
[05:25] | I still feel I’m in troubled. | 我还是觉得自己摊上大麻烦了 |
[05:38] | Hi, I’m Cythia | 嗨 我叫Cythia |
[05:40] | We do not know each other, but I’m having a party. | 虽然我们不认识 但是我将举行一场派对 |
[05:42] | See how it says, “8:00 till ?” | 你看到这上面说玩到八点么 |
[05:44] | That means it could go on ad infinitum. | 那意味着可以一直玩下去啊 |
[05:48] | See you there. | 派对上见 |
[05:50] | Hi, I’m Cythia | 嗨 我叫Cythia |
[05:51] | We do not know each other, but I’m having a party … | 虽然我们不认识 但是我将举行一场派对 |
[05:53] | What’s she doing? Inviting whole school? | 她在干什么 邀请整个学校吗 |
[05:55] | Sorry, I can not talk right now. | 抱歉 我现在不能讲话 |
[05:56] | I’m saving my good conversation for the party. | 我要把精彩的段子留到派对上说 |
[05:59] | For instance, there is an interesing | 比如说 这个月在新英格兰医学杂志上 |
[06:01] | piece this month in the New England Journal of medicine | 就发生了件很有意思的事情 |
[06:03] | Hey, that’s my anecdote | 嘿 这可是我的段子 |
[06:06] | I hope … my wheelchair … fits in the … make out closet. | 我希望 我的轮椅 能塞进和人家亲热的柜子里 |
[06:14] | I hope you come up with an appetite. | 我希望你们来的时候带上好胃口 |
[06:15] | I’m serving cookies shaped like famous communist revolutionaries. | 我会提供著名的共产主义革命分子形状的曲奇饼干 |
[06:19] | Hi, I’m Cynthia | 嗨 我是Cynthia |
[06:21] | Cynthia, I can talk to you for a second? | Cynthia 我能跟你聊一会吗 |
[06:24] | Sure. | 当然 |
[06:25] | Tell all your friends! | 转告你所有的朋友哦 |
[06:27] | How many people are you inviting to your party? | 你这是邀请了多少人去你的派对 |
[06:29] | God, who knows? | 上帝 谁知道呢 |
[06:30] | I left a stack of invitations in the library and the stack in the arcade | 我放了一摞邀请函在图书馆和游戏厅 |
[06:34] | I figure the people would appreciate the personal touch, you know. | 我想大家很感激当面受邀 你知道的 |
[06:37] | So they can match a face to face. | 这样他们就可以对上我的脸 |
[06:40] | Do not think you’re a little overreaching? | 你不觉得希望越大失望越大么 |
[06:42] | What are you talking about? | 你这是什么话 |
[06:43] | I’m afraid you’re setting yourself in a giant disappointment. | 我是怕你把自己置身于极大失望的之中 |
[06:46] | I mean, when 10 people don’t show up, it’s a drag. | 我的意思是 10个人不去只是个小缺憾 |
[06:48] | I mean, when 300 people don’t show up is a total humiliation. | 但是当300个人都不去时那就完全是个耻辱 |
[06:51] | Well, I guess lots of people will have to show up then. | 我想很多人到时还是会出现的 |
[06:54] | Cynthia, you are a Krelboyne. | Cynthia 你是个天才少年 |
[06:56] | Krelboyne has Krelboyne parties. | 他们有自己的派对 |
[06:58] | You do not know how many friends I’m capable of making. | 你是不会知道我能交到多少朋友的能耐的 |
[07:00] | Yes, I do. Zero. | 我当然知道 零个 |
[07:02] | Just like the rest of us. | 就像我们一样 |
[07:03] | Cynthia, no one is coming to your party. | Cynthia 没有人会去参加你的派对 |
[07:05] | Oh yeah? It so happens that Kinkos man said | 噢是吗 刚巧就有Kinkos的人说 |
[07:08] | I set a new record for laminating invitationes. | 我为拷贝邀请函创下新纪录 |
[07:11] | So? | 又怎样 |
[07:13] | That doesn’t mean anything. | 这说明不了任何事 |
[07:14] | I know that this is all about. You’re just jealous. | 我知道你说这全是为了什么 你只是嫉妒我 |
[07:17] | Jealous? | 嫉妒 |
[07:17] | Making friends obviously doesn’t come easy to you. | 交朋友显然对你来说并不是件容易事儿 |
[07:20] | So you hide in your safe little circle while People like me throw big parties | 所以你就躲在自己安全的小圆井里 而像我一样的人却举办各种大派对 |
[07:24] | and make lots of friends and enjoy life. | 并且交很多朋友 享受生活 |
[07:28] | Hmm. Bitter. What a surprise! | 嗯 好苦 真是令人惊喜 |
[07:33] | The key to quick chopping is to rest the blade | 快速切的窍门是要让刀 |
[07:36] | against your knuckles and slowly pull back as we … | 顺着你的手腕然后慢慢提起来 |
[07:41] | Who chopped that? | 那是谁切的 |
[07:44] | I.I did. | 我 |
[07:47] | Let’s see it again. | 让我再瞧瞧 |
[07:55] | Oh, my word! | 噢 哎呀 |
[07:57] | Actually, his slices are a little more uniform than yours. | 事实上 这些片儿的形状比你切得更一致一些 |
[08:01] | And you say you’ve never cooked anything before? | 你说你以前没有烹饪过任何东西 |
[08:04] | Intentionally? No. | 很用心的 没有 |
[08:06] | Remarkable. | 非常好 |
[08:10] | Sit down and listen to me. | 坐下来听我说 |
[08:12] | I am sick of this. | 我讨厌这样 |
[08:13] | It’a been two days and you haven’t done a lick of work. | 已经两天了 而你一点工作都没有做 |
[08:16] | And I cann’t believe I let you drag me to that movie. | 我不敢相信我居然还让你拽去看那场电影 |
[08:19] | I know. | 我知道 |
[08:19] | I’m begining to question the whole talking dog genre | 我真的开始质疑那些关于狗狗电影的说法了 |
[08:22] | You know what I’d give mind off that movie? | 你知道我是想忘了那场电影 |
[08:24] | Another round of miniature golf. | 想再来一局小型高尔夫球游戏吗 |
[08:26] | No. No miniature golf. | 不 不玩小型高尔夫球游戏 |
[08:27] | You have to get to work. | 你必须得开始工作了 |
[08:30] | Right. | 对的 |
[08:30] | When you are right, you are right | 你说得对 你说得对 |
[08:32] | Let’s get to it. | 我们开始吧 |
[08:33] | These two books are on the war itself | 这两本书是关于战争本身的 |
[08:35] | so you can breeze through them cause your half of the project is on Reconstruction. | 你好好研究一下吧 因为你课题一半都是关于战后重建的 |
[08:39] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:40] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[08:41] | But I will, | 但是我会的 |
[08:42] | cause I’m not leaving this room for the next 10 hours. | 因为接下来的10个小时我都不会离开这房间 |
[08:45] | That’s what I like to hear. | 这正是我想要听到的 |
[08:47] | Now, before I go, do you need anything? | 在我走之前 你需要什么东西吗 |
[08:50] | I do not want you leaving this room. | 我可不想让你又溜出去了 |
[08:51] | No, just stop bothering me. I’m trying to study. | 不需要 不要打扰我 我努力学习呢 |
[09:10] | All right, Harvey. Let’s see if you can break Brian’s record . | 好吧 Harvey 让我们看看你能不能打破Brian的纪录 |
[09:13] | You have to beat him in an hour and four minutes. | 你要在一小时四分钟之内完成 |
[09:17] | Go! | 走你 |
[09:20] | Sorry I’m late. | 不好意思我迟到了 |
[09:22] | Craig ran off some kids, and needed me to walk him to his car. | Craig为了甩掉一些熊孩子 要我陪他走到他的车旁边 |
[09:25] | I’ll have dinner ready in just one second. | 晚饭我马上就准备好了 |
[09:35] | Well? | 行吗 |
[09:36] | It’s hot. | 有点辣 |
[09:37] | And it needs another bay leaf. | 需要再加一片月桂叶 |
[09:41] | Just look at him. | 看看他的样子 |
[09:42] | After tasting his chocolate souffle, | 在吃了他做的巧克力舒芙蕾之后 |
[09:44] | the class actually gave him a standing ovation. | 同学们都站起来给他喝彩 |
[09:47] | Reese Reese? | |
[09:47] | Yes! | 是的 |
[09:48] | Dewey, are you happy with how those julienned? | Dewey 你对这些胡萝卜丝满意吗 |
[09:51] | I think so. | 我想是的 |
[09:52] | Go check the Brioche. | 去看面包好了没 |
[09:55] | The bread in the oven? | 烤炉里的面包 |
[09:57] | Ahhh. | 嗯 |
[09:59] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[10:01] | I just wanted to let you know | 我只想告诉你 |
[10:01] | how much that cooking class means to me. | 烹饪班对我来说有多大的意义 |
[10:04] | If you hadn’t signned me up for it, I never would have known that something so stupid | 如果你没给我报名参加烹饪班 我永远都不会知道原来二逼的事情 |
[10:08] | could be so much fun. | 也可以这么有趣 |
[10:11] | Thanks | 谢谢 |
[10:15] | Oh, come on. That’s got to make you feel good. | 噢 行了 这会让你感觉很爽 |
[10:22] | Ohh, look at Malcolm surrounded by all his friends. | 噢 看啊 Malcolm被他的朋友包围着 |
[10:25] | I wonder what he owes his social success to. | 我好奇他把他的成功归功于什么呢 |
[10:28] | What do you think, invisible friend No. 1? | 你怎么认为 隐形朋友1号 |
[10:30] | Leave me alone. | 让我一个人待着 |
[10:31] | There you go again-pushing people away. | 你又这样 拒人于千里之外 |
[10:33] | You know, Malcolm? | 你知道吗 Malcolm |
[10:34] | If you wanna make friends you have to extend yourself. | 如果你想交朋友就要扩大你的交流范围 |
[10:37] | Yes, you’re right. I’m going to work on that. | 是的 你说得对 我要朝那方面努力 |
[10:38] | See ya | 再见 |
[10:40] | It’s sad, really. | 真悲哀 真的 |
[10:41] | I feel sorry for you. | 我为你感到悲哀 |
[10:43] | You know what? I just got the greatest idea. | 你知道吗 我想到了一个好主意 |
[10:45] | It’s the perfect way to break you out of your self-protective shell. | 这将是你打破自我保护的壳子最好的方法 |
[10:49] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[10:50] | You’re gonna co-host the party with me! Come on! | 你来和我一起联合举办派对吧 来吧 |
[10:52] | No! | 不要 |
[10:53] | Hi, I’m Cythia and this is Malcolm. | 嗨 我是Cythia 这是Malcolm |
[10:56] | We are co-hosting a party this weekend. | 我们这周末要联合举行一场派对 |
[10:58] | Let go. | 放我走 |
[10:59] | And we have a musical invitation for you. | 并且我们还为你们准备了邀请曲 |
[11:02] | You should come’round to our party, you’ll have fun, you’ll have fun … | 你应该来参加我们的派对 你会玩得开心 你会玩得开心 |
[11:05] | You should come’round to our party, you’ll have fun … | 你应该来参加我们的派对 你会玩得开心 |
[11:08] | Okay. You made me do this. | 好吧 是你逼我这么做的 |
[11:13] | Can’t you think of a better place to kiss me? | 你能找个好点的地方吻我吗 |
[11:16] | Here, read that. | 这里 读读上面的文字 |
[11:17] | Malcolm are you crazy? | Malcolm 你疯了吗 |
[11:18] | Read! | 读读看 |
[11:21] | That is the Krelboyne Wall fo Fame. | 这就天才少年排行榜 |
[11:22] | You can see that you are pretty well represented. | 你可以看到你可是稳稳占据了一席之地 |
[11:25] | There is my section and there is Lloyd’s. | 这是关于我的部分 这是关于Lloyd的部分 |
[11:27] | But in terms of sheer volume, you still have us beat. | 就篇幅来看 你始终打败了我们 |
[11:31] | So do you understanded now | 所以你现在明白了 |
[11:32] | that you can not have that party? | 为什么你不能举办这场派对了吧 |
[11:37] | But that one there … that’s ridiculous … | 可是 这太可笑了 |
[11:39] | no one really believes that about you. | 没人会真的相信上面对你的评价 |
[11:47] | Real … classy. | 真是 太经典了 |
[11:54] | Have you guys seen Cynthia? | 你们看到Cynthia了吗 |
[11:55] | No, but maybe you can settle a debate. | 没 但或许你可以帮我们决定 |
[11:58] | Maroon or beige. | 红色还是米黄色 |
[12:00] | What are you talking about? | 你们在说什么 |
[12:02] | Duh. Matching turtlenecks for the party. | 哦 为派对挑选合适的毛领衫 |
[12:04] | Hey, everyone. | 嘿 大家好 |
[12:05] | Oh, Cindy, I wanted to apologize. | 噢 Cindy我早想跟你道歉了 |
[12:07] | Nothing to apologize for, Malcolm. | 没什么可道歉的 Malcolm |
[12:09] | Here. | 给 |
[12:10] | I’m canceling my party. | 我要取消我的派对 |
[12:11] | These are uninvitations. | 这是聚会取消函 |
[12:13] | Don’t crowd, there is one for each of you. | 不要挤 每个人都会 |
[12:15] | Malcolm opened my eyes to the fact that I am | Malcolm让我打开眼界知道事实 |
[12:18] | a creepy friendless dork | 我是个古怪的没有朋友的笨蛋 |
[12:20] | who has no reason to expect anyone to come to her party. | 没有理由期待有谁会来我的聚会 |
[12:22] | You callous bastard! | 你混蛋! |
[12:25] | Cynthia,I didn’t want to tell you like that. I’m sorry. | 我本不想这么对你们说的 抱歉 |
[12:28] | No need to be sorry. I should be thanking you. | 没有必要感到抱歉 我应该感谢你才是 |
[12:31] | Thank you, Malcolm. | 谢谢你Malcolm |
[12:33] | Cythia I … | Cythia 我… |
[12:34] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[12:35] | There’s only so much crying I can do in one day | 我一天能流的泪只有这么多 |
[12:38] | and just looking at you makes me want to cry, | 而仅仅看到你就能把我弄哭 |
[12:40] | so, if you do not mind, I’d like to leave you now. | 所以 如果你不介意 我现在要远离你 |
[12:48] | Alright. | 好吧 |
[12:49] | No more distractions, Francis. | 不要再分心了Francis |
[12:51] | I’m tired of yelling at you. | 我已经厌烦了吼你 |
[12:53] | I’m not saying Harvey’s last team wasn’t exciting. | 我不是说Harvey的最后一场比赛不令人兴奋 |
[12:56] | You didn’t have to kill him, you know? | 可你也不用着杀了它 你知道的 |
[12:57] | Yes, yes I did. | 是的 我必须杀了它 |
[13:00] | Now, please, as friend, just focus. | 现在 作为朋友 请专注一点 |
[13:03] | I’m sorry. I know I tend to procrastinate. | 对不起 我知道我有拖延症 |
[13:05] | But when a deadline nears, | 但是当截止日期临近时 |
[13:06] | I always manage to get it done. | 我总是能搞定的 |
[13:08] | Okay. I’ll check on you in 30. | 好吧 我三十分钟之后来检查 |
[13:12] | uh, You better take this. | 额 你最好把这个拿走 |
[13:15] | Why? | 为什么 |
[14:14] | I can’t believe I really made this. | 我不敢相信我真的做到了 |
[14:17] | You know, Dad? | 你知道吗爸爸 |
[14:18] | If you work really hard on something, it shows. | 如果你很努力做一件事情 就会有回报 |
[14:21] | Yes, son. Yes, it does. | 是的 儿子 是的 是这样的 |
[14:26] | Class, during our next session, | 同学们 在接下来的环节 |
[14:28] | we’ll be holding a little competition. | 我们将进行一个小比赛 |
[14:30] | Friends and relatives are encouraged to attend. | 鼓励亲戚朋友们来观赏比赛 |
[14:32] | And do not be discouraged if you feel a little outclassed | 不要因为班级里最有前途的孩子 |
[14:36] | by some of our most promising students. | 而感到灰心丧气 |
[14:38] | We’re all here to have fun. | 我们在此都是为了享受 |
[14:40] | What do I get if I win? | 如果我赢了能得到什么呢 |
[14:41] | A 6-inch paring knife and a bread cloche. | 一个六英尺的水果刀和一个钟形面包玻璃罩 |
[14:46] | Awesome! | 真棒 |
[14:52] | May I help you? | 有什么需要我帮忙的吗 |
[14:53] | Hi, I’m Malcolm. I do not know if you remember… | 嗨 我是Malcolm 不知道您是否还记得我 |
[14:56] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[14:57] | I have a vague recollection of you | 但是我还是隐约地记得 |
[14:58] | throwing a brick through my daughter’s window | 你向我女儿的窗户扔砖头 |
[15:00] | Oh, and I think you’re the kid who | 噢 我想你就是那个家伙 |
[15:02] | ruined her party and humiliated her in a public toilet. | 毁掉了她的聚会 还在公厕羞辱她 |
[15:05] | How am I doing? | 我应该怎么做呢 |
[15:07] | Now, if you do not mind… | 如果你不介意 |
[15:08] | It’s okay, Dad. | 没关系 爸爸 |
[15:13] | How’s going | 你怎么样? |
[15:14] | The party is a blast. Can’t you hear it in there? | 派对非常热闹 难道你没听见吗 |
[15:20] | What are you doing here, Malcolm? | 你来这儿这干什么 Malcolm |
[15:22] | you don’t want to talk to me at school | 在学校你不跟我讲话 |
[15:23] | and you won’t return my calls. | 也不接我电话 |
[15:24] | I just want to say again that I’m sorry. | 我只是想再说一遍 对不起 |
[15:27] | Fine, you want to alleviate your guilt? | 好吧 你是想减轻自己的愧疚感 |
[15:30] | You are obsolved. | 你被赦免了 |
[15:32] | Just let me finish. | 让我把话说完 |
[15:33] | I’m not sorry that I told you the truth. | 我并不是对告诉了你真相而感到抱歉 |
[15:36] | You were just setting yourself up for a big disaster tonight | 如果你今晚举行派对 |
[15:38] | if you went ahead with your party. | 无疑是把自己往绝路逼 |
[15:40] | I just wish I was nicer about it. | 我只希望我能说得更委婉些 |
[15:43] | What’s the nice way to tell someone it is a social retard? | 你告诉别人是个社交失败者的方式确实很委婉 |
[15:47] | So you see my problem? | 所以你看到我的问题所在啦 |
[15:49] | But what I didn’t say is that, | 而我没来得及说的是 |
[15:50] | even if you are a dork, | 就算你是个笨蛋 |
[15:51] | you’re also smart and funny and interesting and kind | 那你也是这么的聪明 有趣 善良 |
[15:54] | and a totally unique person and, | 你是独一无二的 |
[15:55] | if people can’t see that, that’s their problem. | 如果别人不识货那是他们有眼无珠 |
[16:00] | So, how’d you learn to deal with | 那当全校都拿你当笑柄的时候 |
[16:03] | the whole school making fun of you? | 你是吸取教训的以应对的呢 |
[16:05] | The same way I deal with everything. | 就跟我应对其他事情一样 |
[16:06] | I pretend that doesn’t bothers me, | 假装那些事情对我没有任何困扰 |
[16:08] | and then lash out at people who don’t deserve it. | 然后把痛出在那些无辜的人身上 |
[16:10] | It seems to work. | 似乎有点作用 |
[16:12] | Do you want to come in? | 你想进来吗 |
[16:15] | -Hey -Can I help you? | -嘿 -需要我帮忙吗 |
[16:19] | Yeah, we’re here for Cythia’s party. | 是的 我们来参Cythia 的派对 |
[16:21] | We found these in the library. | 我们在图书馆发现这些邀请函 |
[16:23] | I thought you handed out uninviteations. | 我以为你已经发了取消函了 |
[16:25] | I thought you said no one would come. | 我以为你说不会有人来 |
[16:28] | Come on in, I guess. | 快请进 |
[16:40] | I think he’s actually going to win. | 我看他是胜券在握 |
[16:42] | I just hope we get to taste whateverit is he is cooking. | 我只希望能尝尝他烹饪的任何美味 |
[16:52] | Reese, this is the best spinach quiche I’ve ever tasted . | Reese 这是我吃过的最好吃的菠菜乳蛋饼 |
[16:55] | What gives it that extra something? | 是什么让它吃起来这么特别 |
[16:57] | I put some allspice on the pine nuts before I toasted them. | 在烘焙前 我加入了一些甜胡椒到松仁上面 |
[17:00] | Allspice? | 甜胡椒 |
[17:01] | It just seemed like it would balance out the ricotta. | 是的 能平衡乳清奶酪的味道 |
[17:03] | How extraordinary. | 多么不同寻常的想法 |
[17:11] | How much salt did you use? | 你这是放了多少盐 |
[17:13] | Just a pinch. | 就只放了一点 |
[17:18] | I did not put all of this salt in there. | 我没有把那么多盐放进去 |
[17:21] | Where do you keep the first aid kit? | 你把急救箱放哪里了 |
[17:23] | My husband’s tongue is swelling up like a melon. | 我老公的舌头肿的像个甜瓜 |
[17:25] | I need a bathroom. | 我要上厕所 |
[17:40] | I guess Cythia was right. | 我想Cythia是对的 |
[17:42] | If you invite people to a party, they’ll show up. | 如果你邀请大家去你的派对 大家就会去的 |
[17:48] | Well, that sounds like fun, | 好吧 听起来很有趣 |
[17:50] | but I think I’m gonna leave it unpierced for a while | 但是我想一时间我还是会先不给它打孔 |
[17:55] | You girls should really get up to the planetarium, | 你们美女们真该去那儿看看 |
[17:58] | they got a great laser show up there. | 他们的行星激光秀非常不错 |
[18:01] | I have a card that can get | 我有一张卡 |
[18:02] | four of you in for the price of three. | 可以以三个人的价钱让四个人进到内场 |
[18:06] | Let me know when you’re going. | 那你准备什么时候去 |
[18:08] | As soon as my grandmother falls asleep, | 趁我奶奶一睡着 |
[18:09] | I can sneak up and sit next to you. | 我就可以溜出来和你们作伴 |
[18:14] | Are you wearing cologne? | 你抹古龙香水了吗 |
[18:16] | Just my … aftershave. | 我只在剃了胡须之后抹 |
[18:21] | Hey, Stevie. | 嘿 Stevie |
[18:22] | I’m working … here. | 我正忙着呢 |
[18:31] | Can we please just go? | 我们能走了吗 |
[18:32] | Yeah, just two more hours then we’ll head home. | 就再多呆两个小时我们就回家 |
[18:34] | Francis, the project is due tomorrow. | Francis 课题明天就要到期了 |
[18:37] | Okay, don’t worry, | 不要担心 |
[18:38] | we have an eight-hour ride home, we’ll do it then. | 我们路上有八个小时呢 到时再做 |
[18:41] | By the way, this is Terry and her friend Robin. | 顺便说一句 这是位是Terry以及她的朋友Robin |
[18:46] | Hi. I’m Eric. | 嗨 我是Eric |
[18:51] | I’m totally going to summer school. | 我绝对会去参加暑期学校 |
[18:57] | Dewey, go to your room. | Dewey 去你房间 |
[18:58] | But Reese is the one who poisoned all those people. | 但是给所有人下毒的人是Reese |
[19:00] | Now! | 快去 |
[19:01] | What is wrong with you guys? | 你们怎么了 |
[19:03] | You didn’t even let me accept my trophy. | 你们连奖品都不让我领 |
[19:05] | Oh, I’ll give you a trophy, Mr. … | 噢 我会给你奖品的 先生 |
[19:06] | Honey, the whole cooking thing was my idea. | 亲爱的 整个烹饪的事情是我的主意 |
[19:08] | I’ll handle this. | 我来处理这事 |
[19:10] | Reese, we pulled you out of class | Reese 我们拖你走是 |
[19:11] | because we know you cheated. | 因为我们知道你耍了什么手段 |
[19:13] | Now, you would have won easily. | 你本可以很轻易取胜 |
[19:14] | Why did you do it? | 你为什么这么做呢 |
[19:15] | I do not know. It was fun. | 我不知道 很好玩呗 |
[19:17] | Those people worked very hard on their dishes, | 那些人很努力的烹饪他们的菜 |
[19:20] | and you destroyed them. | 结果你把他们全毁了 |
[19:21] | How would you feel if you were the poor woman | 如果你是那个乳蛋饼被你放多盐的可怜女人 |
[19:23] | if you were the poor woman whoes quiche you salted? | 你又会怎么想 |
[19:26] | Fat? | 觉得自己太胖了 |
[19:29] | Reese, do you know what empathy is? | Reese 你知道什么叫同情心吗 |
[19:32] | No. | 不知道 |
[19:33] | Empathy is putting yourself into other people’s shoes | 同理心就是站在别人的角度考虑问题 |
[19:35] | so you can feel the way they do. | 这样你就可以感受别人的感受 |
[19:38] | If you hurt someone, empathy makes you hurt as well. | 如果你伤害了别人 同情心会让你觉得也很受伤 |
[19:43] | Then why would you want empathy? | 那为什么还要有同情心呢 |
[19:49] | He has no more sense of right and wrong than a tree frog. | 他连个树蛙都不如 根本没有对错意识 |
[19:52] | What we are going to do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[19:53] | What can we do is back to punishment. | 我们只能再折回去惩罚他 |
[19:56] | How can we punish him if he doesn’t care about…? | 如果他根本不在乎我们惩罚他呢 |
[20:02] | All right, son, here is what’s gonna happen | 好吧 儿子 即将发生的事情是 |
[20:03] | for the next month you are not allowed to cook a meal. | 在接下来的一个月 你不许烹饪一道菜 |
[20:06] | That’s it? | 就只这样 |
[20:10] | So I do not cook. Big deal. | 那就不烹饪 一言为定 |
[20:12] | That means no chicken cordon bleus, no Windsor tortes… | 那也就是说没有蓝带鸡和蛋糕 |
[20:16] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[20:17] | You said no cooking. But the tortes is baking. | 你说不许烹饪 但是蛋糕是烤的呢 |
[20:19] | No baking, no broiling, no sauteing. | 不许烘焙 也不许烤 不许煸 |
[20:22] | Come on, you can’t do that. | 不要吧 你们不能这么做 |
[20:24] | You heard your father. | 你听到了你老爹说的了吗 |
[20:25] | The stove and all the whisks are off limits for a month. | 火炉和相关工具一律被禁用一个月 |
[20:27] | Oh, please, I’ll be good, I promise. | 求求你 我会好好表现的我保证 |
[20:29] | I will do whatever you say. | 我会做你们说的任何事情 |
[20:30] | I’m Sorry, son. | 抱歉 儿子 |
[20:32] | This is the way it has to be. | 我们必须这样做 |
[20:39] | It’s worked,I think we really turned a corner with him. | 起效了 我又可以镇住他了 |
[20:43] | We have a weapon. His actions will have consequences. | 我们有武器了 他就应该为自己行为的后果负责 |
[20:46] | I know. We can hurt him. | 我知道 我们能伤害到他了 |
[20:49] | We can be parents again. | 我们又有父母的权威了 |
[20:51] | Oh, it’s even worth suffering through a month of | 噢 甚至值得我们一个月 |
[20:53] | eating your flank steaks. | 都痛苦地吃你做的难吃牛排 |
[20:54] | Amen to that. | 阿门 |
[21:01] | You know, I just realized something. | 你知道 我刚意识到一些事情 |
[21:03] | Parties suck. | 聚会真逊 |
[21:04] | The music always stinks, the food is bad, | 音乐总是很讨厌 食物也很差劲 |
[21:07] | And who cares if nobody talks to you? | 谁会在意有没有人陪你聊天呢 |
[21:09] | People are such phonies anyway. | 人就是这么假 |
[21:11] | – Hey, Malcolm. – Hi, Cynthia. | – 嘿 Malcolm – 嗨 Cynthia |
[21:13] | Great party. I love the music, and what’s in the dip? | 很棒的派对 我喜欢这里的音乐 这是什么酱汁 |
[21:15] | Ooh, you know what? I’m gonna need that chair. | 你知道吗 我需要你坐的椅子 |