时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Hal Hal! | |
[00:16] | Are you smoking again? | 你又在抽烟吗 |
[00:17] | No! I’m cleaning, Do you smell smoke? | 没有 我在做清洁 你闻到烟味了吗 |
[00:20] | No, but I … | 没有 但是我… |
[00:21] | Lois, if I wanted to smoke a cigar | Lois 如果我要抽根烟 |
[00:24] | I wouldn’t be sneaking around like a scared little school boy. | 我不会像个害怕的小学生溜到一边抽 |
[00:26] | I would do it outly open like a man. | 我会像个男人光明正大的抽 |
[00:35] | It was our third chopback and is our last chopback | 这是我们的第三个除草机 也是我们最后一个 |
[01:13] | Francis, I don’t want to hear another argument about it! | Francis 我不想再听到什么狡辩了 |
[01:16] | You’re going to fix the roof! | 你得去把房顶修好 |
[01:18] | It is totally unfair, | 完全不公平 |
[01:20] | I come home from school and you immediately put me to work. | 我刚从学校回来你就给我安排工作 |
[01:22] | Well, someone has to do it, | 但是得有人来做这事情 |
[01:23] | you know your father is terrified of heights. | 你知道你爸爸非常怕高 |
[01:26] | He’s not terrified! | 他不是怕 |
[01:27] | The last time he changed | 他最后一次换灯泡 |
[01:28] | a light bulb we have to talk him down from the table. | 还得我们好说歹说他才从桌子上下来 |
[01:30] | You’re going to do this! | 这事你必须做 |
[01:32] | Why do you put a chock chain around my neck | 你干嘛不在我的脖子上套个链子 |
[01:35] | and make me sleep in the garage?! | 逼我睡在车库里 |
[01:39] | This is what we call “level 4” rage | 这就是我们说的4级暴怒 |
[01:41] | the only way not to get nailed is | 你知道不陷入大麻烦的方法是什么吗 |
[01:43] | to make no sudden movements and aviod eye contact at all costs. | 以一切代价避免突然的动作和目光对视 |
[01:53] | And you, you think just because you hide the note, | 还有你 你以为只要你把字条藏起来 |
[01:56] | the parent-teacher meeting will just go away? | 家长会就会这么过去了吗 |
[01:57] | Mom, Mr. Woodward is totally out to get me | 妈妈 Woodward老师完全就是针对我 |
[01:59] | Every teacher since kindergarten has been out to get you. | 从幼儿园开始所有的老师都针对你 |
[02:02] | I know. It upsets me. | 我知道 我也很难受 |
[02:28] | Why the drain still clogged? | 为什么水槽还是堵的 |
[02:34] | Ah, well .. honey there was .. you know, I was only seconds away from… | 啊 亲爱的 那是因为 你懂的 我马上就去处理 |
[02:38] | … It’s a funny thing …see | 很有趣的事情 瞧 |
[02:40] | Oh, what a mess! look at that! | 乱七八糟的 你看看 |
[02:42] | There is a milk ring on the table. | 桌子上有个杯子留下的牛奶印 |
[02:48] | Reese is still searching for academic truth | Reese还在做学术求真研究 |
[02:56] | His focus is diffuse, his initiative | 他注意力分散 他的主动性也在降低 |
[02:58] | is waning and it’s preventing his full potentiation. | 这些都阻止他发掘出自己的潜质 |
[03:05] | What? | 什么 |
[03:06] | To put it simlpy, Reese isn’t self-actualized. | 说得简单点 Reese还没有完全认识到自我 |
[03:10] | Look, maybe I could just give you a topic | 也许你能给我们一个主题 |
[03:12] | and you could tell us “Good” or “bad.” | 然后你再告诉我们是对还是错 |
[03:14] | That would help us here. | 这还能帮到我们 |
[03:16] | Reese is flunking almost every subject | Reese基本上每一科都不及格 |
[03:19] | and I’m going to recommend | 并且我建议 |
[03:20] | that he be moved into the remedial class | 把他调到矫正班上去 |
[03:23] | And that’s a mephemism for … | 这是在委婉的表达 |
[03:25] | … The remedial class … | 矫正班 |
[03:28] | Nooooo! | 不行 |
[03:31] | No, no, no, no … | 不 不 不 不 |
[03:32] | No, no … that is not an option. | 不 不 这可不是什么好方法 |
[03:35] | We’ll get him buckle down | 我们会让他好好学习的 |
[03:36] | I hope it’s that simple. | 我倒希望可以那样简单 |
[03:37] | Reese will get back on track, we’ll see if it kills him. | Reese会回到正轨上来的 我们倒要看看这是否会毁了他 |
[03:40] | I’m glad to see your level of commitment. | 我很高兴你们的负责程度 |
[03:43] | I’m really happy we had this chance to talk. | 我很庆幸我们能有这次谈话机会 |
[03:46] | So we can go now. | 那我们现在可以走了噻 |
[03:48] | I do not want to hear any excuses, | 我不想听到任何借口 |
[03:50] | you will sit down every night and work until those grades are up. | 你每晚好好坐在书桌前直到你把成绩搞上来 |
[03:54] | Why do I have to tutor him? | 为什么是我来教他 |
[03:55] | Because God gave you a giant brain, blame him. | 因为上帝给了你一个大脑袋 要怪就怪他 |
[03:58] | Reese screws up, and I got punished for it? What is the logic in that? | Reese搞砸了却来惩罚我 这是什么逻辑 |
[04:01] | Malcolm, I have zero tolerance on this one | Malcolm 我对此完全没有忍耐性了 |
[04:04] | Finally mom found the courage to speak her mind. | 妈妈终于有勇气说出她心里的想法了 |
[04:07] | Why aren’t you fixing that roof? | 你为什么不去修房顶 |
[04:09] | it’s 40 degrees out there, I’ll freeze and it’s gonna rain. | 外面40华氏度 我会冻死的并且马上就要下雨了 |
[04:12] | That’s why you have to fix the roof | 那你就为什么更要修好房顶了 |
[04:14] | Well maybe if you did not buy such crappy shingles, | 如果要是你不买这么水货的木瓦 |
[04:17] | it would not leak all the time. | 就不会老是漏雨 |
[04:18] | Francis, as long as you are in this house you will do as I say. | Francis只要你还住在这屋子里就得听我的 |
[04:21] | You know what, Mom? No! I’m too old to be bullied by you. | 你知道吗 妈妈 不 我已经不是被你那个被你吓唬的小孩了 |
[04:27] | Our whole lives, you’ve done done nothing but dictate what you wanted. | 我们的整个人生 你除了发号施令就没有做任何其他的事情 |
[04:32] | You’re the boss of the world and we’re all sick of it. | 整个世界你是大老板 我们已经受够了 |
[04:35] | This may be your roof but we live here, too. | 这也许是你的屋顶 但是我们也住在这里 |
[04:37] | We are human beings with rights | 我们是有人 并且拥有权力 |
[04:39] | and I’m here by putting an end to your reign of terror. | 我在此要结束你的恐怖统治 |
[04:42] | You should have seen the look on her face, it was totally worth it. | 你应该看看她脸上的表情 太值了 |
[04:45] | Sounds like you-you’ve had it rough | 听上去你这事相当不容易 |
[04:48] | Oh man, you have no idea. | 噢伙计 你是不会明白的 |
[04:52] | Thanks | 谢谢 |
[04:53] | I’ve got a place near the bus station. | 我在汽车站附近找了个地方 |
[04:55] | It is warm and fairly dry. | 很暖和也比较干燥 |
[04:59] | You can stay there for a while, if…if you want. | 你能在那里待上一阵 如果你愿意的话 |
[05:03] | You’d do that for me? | 你会为我这么做么 |
[05:04] | It’s a tough world, we’ve got look out for each other. | 世界很残酷 我们要彼此照应 |
[05:08] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[05:14] | Richie! dude! | Richie 伙计 |
[05:16] | I heard your mom kicked you out! Do you want to stay at my place? | 我听说你妈妈把你踢出来了 要到我那里借宿吗 |
[05:19] | You are a lifesaver .. | 你是我的救星 |
[05:21] | Could you give me a lift to … | 你能顺便把我带到 |
[05:22] | … Sorry, man. we’re going the other way … | 抱歉 我们走的是不同的方向 |
[05:31] | Hi! Why aren’t you flying? | 嗨 你怎么不飞走 |
[05:35] | My name is Dewey, good to meet you, Tony. Want to play? | 我的名字叫Dewey 很高兴见到你 想跟我玩游戏吗 |
[05:40] | OK, But I’m get to be the red team | 好吧 但是我要当红队 |
[05:45] | Look, I do not like this any better than you do,let’s just get it over with | 听着 我跟其他人一样比你更不喜欢做这个 我们就这事完成了吧 |
[05:49] | Dude, This book is totally wrecked. What did you do to it? | 兄弟 这本书完全就圈到一起了 你对它做了什么 |
[05:52] | I threw it at a duck. | 我把它丢给了一只鸭子 |
[05:54] | And where is your math book? | 那你的代数书呢 |
[05:56] | Which half? | 哪一半 |
[05:57] | We’ll just start with geography | 那我们就从地理开始吧 |
[05:58] | I don’t take geography! | 我没有上地理课 |
[06:00] | Yes, you do. You got a grade in it. | 不 你在上 你还考试得分了 |
[06:03] | Oh, that can not be good. | 噢 那估计糟透了 |
[06:06] | Mi casa es su casa. | 我的房子就是你的房子 |
[06:08] | This may be my parents’s house, | 这也许是我父母的房子 |
[06:10] | but dude, down here, anything goes. | 但是这下面都归我管 |
[06:14] | What is that smell? | 这是什么鬼味道 |
[06:15] | Could be the laundry, could be the mildew, could be the rat I shot. | 可能是没洗的衣服 也可能是霉菌 也可能是我射死的老鼠 |
[06:20] | I think I wounded it … probably crawled | 我想我把它弄暖和了 它肯定是 |
[06:23] | into a hole on the wall to die … or something. | 钻到墙上的洞里面死了 或者是其他的 |
[06:27] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[06:28] | Your bed, you gotta blow it up. | 这是你的床 你得把它吹起来 |
[06:35] | Welcome to the chez Richi. | 欢迎来到Richi之家 |
[06:38] | Rule No.1: There are no rules. | 规矩1 没有规矩 |
[06:43] | Rule No.2: No shoes on the sofa. | 规矩2 鞋子不许放到沙发上 |
[06:53] | It’s so real. | 这太真了 |
[07:04] | Come on, what’s the answer? You can do this! | 快点儿 答案是什么 你能行的 |
[07:18] | we’ve gone over this a thousand times. | 我们已经复习这题上千遍了 |
[07:22] | You have to carry the tenths, | 你要进位啊 |
[07:24] | the tenths have to go someplace, tenths don’t just float around | 进位到某个位 进位不会自己跑到上面一位 |
[07:28] | get some mark already! | 已经给你一些提示了 |
[07:30] | Think! ! Make your brain work! | 想想 开动你的脑筋 |
[07:32] | I could go outside do anything other than this, but no, | 我们本来能到外面干点其他的事情 但是不能 |
[07:35] | I’m stucking here babysitting .. | 我要困在这了陪着你… |
[07:36] | 4.2 4.2 | |
[07:40] | That’s right! | 做对了 |
[07:41] | I mean, I actually understand this. | 我是说 我实际上搞明白了这个 |
[07:44] | The tenths have to go someplace | 进位后就应该进到上一位 |
[07:47] | Great, let’s move on to the next one. | 太棒了 我们接着做下一题吧 |
[08:09] | Hey Hal! Come down from there. | 嘿 Hal 快从那儿下来 |
[08:12] | Hey honey. | 嘿 亲爱的 |
[08:13] | What do you think you’re doing? | 你认为你在干吗 |
[08:15] | Just fix the shingles. | 修木瓦啊 |
[08:17] | Francis has responsibilities, | Francis的责任 |
[08:19] | you can not keep covering for him. | 你不能一直包庇他 |
[08:20] | This is not about him. It is about me. | 这跟他没关系 这跟我有关系 |
[08:22] | I wanted to get some fresh air… | 我想呼吸点新鲜空气… |
[08:25] | the view from up here is … is incredible. | 从这看到的风景…真是不可思议 |
[08:29] | You ever think that I might be enjoying myself… | 你从来就没想我我会很享受做这个吗… |
[08:38] | I spent 2 days on this, there’s even | 我花了两天的时间 根本就没有 |
[08:40] | a paragraph that | 一段像样的文字 |
[08:41] | I thought really sucked so I went back and rewrote it. | 所以我重新写了一段 |
[08:44] | Malcolm, I had never done that before, plus, | Malcolm 我之前就从来没有这么做过 而且 |
[08:46] | I mean look at me, | 我是说看看我 |
[08:47] | I’m going on and on while your sitting here and trying to read | 我们不停的坐在凳子里看书 |
[08:50] | How’s grammar? … Never mind. | 语法怎么样 不必在意 |
[08:54] | Reese .. this is C- work. | Reese 这是篇打C减的作品 |
[08:59] | -Alright! -Nice job! | – 是吧 – 太棒了 |
[09:02] | You are not just saying that? | 你不是说说而已 |
[09:02] | No, this is seriously the best work I’ve ever seen you do. | 不是 这真的是我见到你写得最好的作品了 |
[09:05] | Yes! That’s great, | 是的 太好了 |
[09:06] | I couldn’t have done that without you … thanks Malcolm. | 没有你我是没法做到的 谢谢你Malcolm |
[09:12] | I kicked your ass. | 我要让你好好瞧瞧 |
[09:14] | “You got another F? | 你得了个F |
[09:16] | Mom, I read that paper, It’s not an F. | 妈妈 我读了那片文章 不是F |
[09:18] | Then, what is this? | 那这又是什么 |
[09:19] | We’ve been studying 4 hours a night. | 我们一个晚上都已经学习4个小时了 |
[09:21] | Ok, guess what? Not enough, You’re gonna to study 8 | 好吧 知道吗 还不够 你一晚上要学习8小时 |
[09:23] | hours a night if that’s what it takes to get your grades up. | 如果只有那样才能把你的成绩赶上来的话 |
[09:25] | And that’s what you’re gonna do! | 那才是你该做的 |
[09:26] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[09:27] | I don’t see a mother here. All I see is a warder | 我没见到你的妈妈 我看到 |
[09:30] | with two prisoners who are out of their cells. | 两个逃出牢房的逃犯 |
[09:32] | Now get back in there. | 滚回去 |
[09:39] | I’m Ok! | 我没事 |
[09:41] | I’m OK! | 我没事 |
[09:45] | Can you know what is freezing | 你知道什么是寒冷吗 |
[09:46] | but I don’t need heat because I got justice on my side. | 但是我不需要暖气 因为我有正义陪在身边 |
[09:49] | Mom will cave, she’ll cave. It’s gonna be so sweet. | 妈妈会让步的 她会让步的 这事就圆满了 |
[09:56] | Could you do that in the bathroom, Richie? | 你能在浴室你剪吗 Richie |
[09:58] | Dude, no one’s going in there for at least 6 hours. | 兄弟 那地方六个小时之内都别进去了 |
[10:02] | Could you do it over a waste basket or something? | 那就在垃圾桶或其他的什么东西上剪 |
[10:05] | Could we call off the porno for like five minutes | 你能把毛片关掉5分钟么 |
[10:08] | Yeah, when this is over I’ll just pop in sluts at the big ten. | 可以 等这段放完了 我们就看十大荡妇 |
[10:11] | No, no, no more porn! | 不 不 不要再放毛片了 |
[10:13] | Dude, that’s a documentary | 兄弟 那是纪录片 |
[10:18] | Au!, God! My eye! | 啊 上帝 我的眼睛 |
[10:21] | He, try to find that toenail, Francis, | 快把脚趾甲找到 Francis |
[10:23] | it’s so creepy to step on those things. | 踩到这些东西非常恶心 |
[10:26] | Come on, Reese, the test is in two hours. | 加油 Reese 测试两小时就开始了 |
[10:29] | This is too much, Malcolm, | 这要求太高了 Malcolm |
[10:30] | I’ll never pass this thing. | 我从来就没有及格过 |
[10:31] | There’re 30 true-false questions and 5 essays. | 有30个对错判断还有5个论述题 |
[10:34] | It is impossible. | 这完全没戏了 |
[10:35] | So Reese, today is the big test. | 那么Reese 今天可是大考的日子 |
[10:37] | What do you have to get on this thing | 如果不进矫正班 |
[10:38] | to stay out of remedial class? | 你要得多少分啊 |
[10:40] | A B | 一个B吧 |
[10:43] | No, guys, he’s seriously. | 不 伙计们 他是认真的 |
[10:45] | But you’re an idiot. | 但是你就是个白痴 |
[10:49] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[10:51] | Yes, the only way this idiot’s gonna pass the test | 是的 他唯一能通过这次考试的方法 |
[10:53] | is if somebody else takes it for the idiot. Right, idiot? | 除非是有人帮这个白痴考 我说得对吗 白痴 |
[10:57] | Steve set the precedent! You had a chance for rebuttal | Steve开了先河 你仍旧有机会反驳 |
[11:00] | since you didn’t answered you waived your right! | 既然你没有回答就代表你不反驳了 |
[11:01] | Therefore it is a agree-upon term! | 那么就是都赞同啦 |
[11:04] | What am I gonna do? | 我该怎么办 |
[11:05] | I can’t get put into a remedial class. | 我不能调到矫正班上去 |
[11:07] | They walk through the cafeteria | 那些矫正班上的学生都是 |
[11:09] | holding each other’s belts. | 相互提着裤腰带穿过咖啡店的 |
[11:10] | Unless, maybe Lloyd’s right. | 除非 也许Lloyd是对的 |
[11:13] | Maybe someone should take the test for you. | 也许你该找人来帮你考试 |
[11:16] | You mean cheat? | 你是说作弊吗 |
[11:18] | We can not cheat, mom would kill us. | 我们不能作弊 妈妈会杀了我们的 |
[11:21] | And it is wrong, more importantly, Mom would kill us. | 并且这是不对的 更重要的是妈妈会杀了我们 |
[11:25] | Hey, we are out of options here, Reese. | 嘿 我们也没有其他的办法了 Reese |
[11:27] | You’re gonna get caught, | 你会被逮到的 |
[11:28] | No, we’re not, and you know why?. | 不 我们不会的 你知道为什么吗 |
[11:30] | We have 4 brilliant minds here to help plan this out. | 因为我们有四个聪明的脑袋来想办法 |
[11:33] | You had to appeal to my vanity, didn’t you? | 你还是会赞同我的提议 不是吗 |
[11:35] | I am in. | 我加入 |
[11:37] | I’m sorry, but I am honor-bounded | 我很抱歉 但是正义驱使我 |
[11:39] | to report this conversation to the vice principal. | 把这次对话报告给副校长 |
[11:41] | And we’re honor-bounded to report | 正义也驱使我们告诉别人 |
[11:43] | you still sleep with an Elmo blanky. | 你现在还睡在艾摩毛毯上 |
[11:45] | Okay, I’m in. | 好吧 我加入 |
[11:59] | We, uh… here’s the VCR you ordered. | 这是您要的录像机 |
[12:02] | I did not order a VCR .. | 我没有要录像机 |
[12:03] | Yes, you did, Feel free to call and verify. | 不 你确实要了 非常乐意您打电话去核实 |
[12:06] | I know the extension number, | 我知道分机号码 |
[12:07] | there is someone there right now. | 那儿现在正好有人接听 |
[12:09] | That will not be .. | 这将不会是 |
[12:09] | Oh, you can take a look at this equipment schedule. | 那么你可以看看视频设备使用计划表 |
[12:12] | Your name and class hour is right here on page 7. | 你的名字和这堂课写在第7页上面 |
[12:14] | And no student handwriting. | 不是学生代写的哦 |
[12:17] | All right. Go ahead and leave it. | 好吧 进来把它放到这里 |
[12:19] | Okay! | 好的 |
[12:21] | No, no, you said you didn’t order a cart, | 不 不 您说您没有要录像机 |
[12:23] | so you are not going to get one. | 所以您就不应该有 |
[12:24] | We’ll just be leaving and pushing this out the door. | 在您的允许下我们会把它推出去的 |
[12:27] | Ah, here it is. | 啊 这儿才是 |
[12:47] | Be the cannonball. | 炸弹上场 |
[12:56] | Are you all right? | 准备好了吗 |
[12:57] | Way to go… hotrod! | 做的不错啊 发动机 |
[13:36] | Okay, well, there’s the rat. | 好吧 老鼠就在这里 |
[13:40] | No Tony, that’s not fair. | 不 Tony 这不公平 |
[13:43] | Today it’s my cartoons before school | 今天上学前是我的动画片时间 |
[13:45] | and your cartoons after school. | 你的动画片时间是在放学后 |
[13:49] | Fine, Tony, be that way .. | 好吧 Tony 你这样的话 |
[13:51] | I don’t wanna be your friend anyway. | 我就不想再做你的朋友了 |
[14:03] | Tony, I can not stay mad with you either. | Tony 我也不能一直生你的气 |
[14:08] | Takes | 拿着 |
[14:10] | Did you get the history test back yet? | 你的历史成绩出来了吗 |
[14:11] | Not yet. Han’t seen it. | 没呢 我还没看到 |
[14:13] | You’d both better pray for a B! | 你们两最好祈祷能得个B |
[14:18] | Hey, Did Francis call you at work yet? | 嘿 Francis在你上班时给你打电话了吗 |
[14:19] | No, no, I have not talked to him since he… | 没有 自从上次我就再也没有跟他说话了 |
[14:21] | He thinks he’s making | 他以为他是在想 |
[14:22] | some kind of point by cutting off all contact. | 让我们知道他不想用任何方式联系我们 |
[14:25] | You know, he should know. | 你知道 他应该明白 |
[14:26] | until he is ready to apologize | 除非他准备好道歉 |
[14:27] | there is really no reason to call … | 就没有任何理由给他打电话 |
[14:29] | I can not wait to see | 我真是迫不及待地想看看他脸上的表情 |
[14:30] | the look on his face when he realizes | 当他意识到 |
[14:31] | that we have figured him out. | 我们已经知道他的小把戏了 |
[14:33] | Ah! What have we to figure out, dear? | 噢 我们知道了什么 亲爱的 |
[14:35] | That I’m in it for the long haul. | 我可是做好了持久战的决心 |
[14:39] | He should know I prepare to go the distance. | 他应该知道我准备好了持久战 |
[14:42] | You know, I think he likes tomatoes on his sandwich. | 你知道的 我以为他喜欢在三明治上加番茄 |
[14:44] | Other bag, Hal! | 另外的一个袋子 Hal |
[14:47] | A master full B, Malcolm, | 绝对的B Malcolm |
[14:49] | I would never down myself like this. | 我绝对不会让自己堕落到这个程度的 |
[14:52] | I find This F very troubling | 这个F绝对有问题 |
[14:54] | Something stinks | 有些不对劲 |
[14:58] | He knows that we cheated, | 他知道我们作弊了 |
[15:00] | we gonna have to start cutting separate deals. | 我们要分开行动了 |
[15:02] | He doesn’t know anything, Dabney. | 他什么也不知道 Dabney |
[15:05] | I’m gonna go talk to him. | 我准备跟他谈谈 |
[15:07] | Mr. Woodward. | Woodward先生 |
[15:08] | I’m Malcolm’, I’m Reese’s brother . | 我是Malcolm Reese的弟弟 |
[15:09] | Oh hi, how are you? | 噢 嗨 你好吗 |
[15:10] | Well, Reese is upset. | Reese很难过 |
[15:12] | He thinks he did better than an F on his history test. | 他认为他的历史测试成绩应该比F更好 |
[15:15] | I read it over, I sort of thought it wasn’t half bad. | 我重新看了一遍 我似乎觉得没有那么烂 |
[15:19] | Do you think there is anyway you can maybe take another look. | 你觉得有什么办法能让您再重新看一遍吗 |
[15:22] | Malcolm you should be commended for your fraternity, | Malcolm 你的兄弟之情 |
[15:24] | but the test deserves an F. | 非常宁人敬佩 但是这次考试也就只能得个F |
[15:27] | Mr. Woodward, maybe you just look at it again .. | Woodward先生 也许您能再重新看一遍 |
[15:29] | I can’t spend a disproportionate amount of time on Reese | 我不能在Reese的身上花过多的时间 |
[15:31] | it’s not fair to other students. | 这样对其他的学生不公平 |
[15:33] | But he did not deserve an F on this. | 但是他不应该像这样仅仅得个F |
[15:35] | Look, Malcolm I-I’ve been a teacher for a long time and | Malcolm 你瞧我已经作为老师很长时间了 |
[15:38] | uh, I think I know what Reese is capable of. | 我想我还是知道Reese的那点能耐的 |
[15:40] | I really do not think you do, because … | 但是我却真不认为您知道 因为 |
[15:42] | Look, you may not want to hear | 也许你不想听到 |
[15:43] | this about your brother, | 关于你兄弟的这些话 |
[15:45] | but I’ve known kids like Reese my whole life | 但是我这一生知道太多像Reese这样的孩子了 |
[15:48] | They’re the ones who throw water at you | 他们是那些朝你泼水 |
[15:50] | so it looks like you wet your pants. | 让你看上去像是尿了裤子家伙 |
[15:51] | They aim for your legs in dodgeball, | 他们瞄准你的腿作为躲避球 |
[15:53] | and you fall down, | 于是你摔倒了 |
[15:54] | and you break your jaw .. | 你撞断了你的下巴 |
[15:56] | and you need to have your mouth wired shut, | 你必须得把你的大嘴巴箍得紧紧的 |
[15:59] | and your teeth don’t set properly. | 你的牙齿都移位了 |
[16:01] | And you spend six years in orthodontia with | 并且你花了6年佩戴有史以来 |
[16:04] | the most painfully embarrassing headgear ever designed, | 最宁人难堪的矫正器来矫正自己的牙齿 |
[16:07] | which is only because they don’t feel fully actualized. | 这全是因为他们没有能够完全认识到自己 |
[16:14] | that guy is totally out to get you | 这家伙简直就是针对你 |
[16:16] | Man! I was just using that as an excuse. | 伙计 我只是拿这来当借口的 |
[16:19] | He is so dead when Mom finds out! | 要是妈妈发现了他就死翘翘了 |
[16:21] | Reese we can’t bust him. | Reese 我们不能揭穿他 |
[16:22] | If we rat him out, then Mom will know we cheated. | 如果我们把他供出来 妈妈就知道我们作弊了 |
[16:28] | We’re doomed. | 我们死翘翘了 |
[16:29] | 2 is after 1, 3 is after 2, 4 is after 3, | 1过了是2 2过了是3 3过了是4 |
[16:37] | Something is after something and then we get to 10! | 一个接一个 于是我们就数到了10 |
[16:47] | God! | 上帝 |
[16:48] | Good Lord! Thank god you’re here! | 感谢上帝 你来了 |
[16:50] | I was afraid you weren’t going to get my message at work. | 我还担心你上班时没有收到我的信息呢 |
[16:52] | What happened to your eye? | 你的眼睛是怎么了 |
[16:52] | Hey, how do you guys want your burgers? | 嘿 你们想要什么口味的汉堡 |
[16:54] | Just a second, man | 稍等一会 伙计 |
[16:55] | All right, I got it all worked out. You tell mom that | 我想到了一个方法 你去告诉妈妈 |
[16:57] | you need me to repair the lawn mower | 你需要我帮你去修割草机 |
[16:59] | and then I hang out and I’ll just fix… | 然后我就出来…帮你把它修好 |
[17:01] | No, no, no, I’m not gonna do that, Francis. | 不不不 我不会这么做的 Francis |
[17:03] | Hey, you guys had better figure it out quick. | 嘿 你们俩最好快点搞定 |
[17:05] | This cheap-ass trash can is melting. | 这该死的廉价垃圾罐头就要融化了 |
[17:07] | Maybe you could talk to her, | 也许你能跟她谈谈 |
[17:08] | Just calm her down so that | 然后让她冷静下来 |
[17:09] | I could come home, maybe today? | 我就可以回家 说不定今天就可以 |
[17:11] | Francis, you’ve got to stop putting me in the middle! | Francis 你应该停止把我夹在中间 |
[17:13] | What, you’re just letting her win this round too? | 什么 你又准备让她赢这轮 |
[17:15] | Francis, there is nothing that I can do, | Francis 我什么也帮不上忙 |
[17:17] | You know what the problem is here? | 你知道问题的所在 |
[17:18] | You and your mother are exactly alike. | 你跟你妈妈就完全一个样 |
[17:19] | That’s a lie. | 胡说 |
[17:20] | That’s true. | 就是这样的 |
[17:22] | You’re both stubborn and unwilling to bent. | 你们都很固执 从不屈服… |
[17:24] | So fine …you win. | 好吧…你赢了 |
[17:25] | Congratulations, this is your prize … | 恭喜 这是你的奖品 |
[17:28] | Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go. | 如我你能让我失陪一下 我要走了 |
[17:30] | It smells like something died in here. | 闻起来像什么东西死在这里了 |
[17:32] | Take! | 拿着 |
[17:35] | Your father is right man, | 你父亲是对的 |
[17:37] | sometimes you can be so stupid. | 有时候你就是太笨了 |
[17:46] | I’m sorry. No one wanted it to turn out this way. | 我很抱歉 没有人想事情进展到这个地步 |
[17:49] | I feel like I let Reese down. | 我觉得我让Reese失望了 |
[17:51] | Just keep moving, Tony. | 继续前进 Tony |
[17:54] | So where does it leave us? | 那么 留给我们的选择是什么 |
[17:56] | I think it’s best if we make the switch as soon as possible. | 我认为最好的方法是我们能尽快给他调班 |
[18:01] | We need to look this as an opportunity. | 我们应该把这视为一次机会 |
[18:04] | Big opportunity to be in the dump class. | 调到蠢货班的巨大机会 |
[18:07] | Reese, this isn’t what I wanted, | Reese 这不是我想要的 |
[18:09] | but you haven’t left us any choice. | 但是你让我们别无选择 |
[18:15] | Mom, don’t do this. It’s not Reese’s fault. | 妈妈不要这么做 这不是Reese的错 |
[18:18] | he did not deserve an F on that test. | 他的考试成绩不应该是个F |
[18:20] | Malcolm, we’ve already had this discussion. | Malcolm 我们已经就此讨论过了 |
[18:22] | I saw the test. | 我看了他的卷子 |
[18:23] | He did a good job. He deserved a B. | 并且他答得很不错 他应该得B |
[18:24] | This guy is totally out to get him | 这家伙完全就是故意针对他 |
[18:27] | -Malcolm, -I’m sorry you feel that way, | – Malcolm – 我很抱歉你这么认为 |
[18:29] | but you can’t blame me for Reese’s shortcomings. | 你不能因为Reese的缺点来责备我 |
[18:31] | Mom, this is the test, take a look at this question .. | 妈妈 这是卷子 看看这个题目 |
[18:35] | “What was the cause of the Great Depression?” | 美国经济大萧条的原因是什么 |
[18:37] | He put down “Black Thursday.” That’s a correct answer. | 他回答的是黑色星期四 这是真确答案 |
[18:39] | No, that is only a partial answer. | 不 这只是一部分的答案 |
[18:40] | To get a full credit, | 要想得到全部的分数 |
[18:42] | you should have included the vast overproduction in the U.S., | 你应该还要回答美国的生产过剩 |
[18:45] | protectionism in the foreign markets…. | 对外国市场的保护主义 |
[18:47] | Overexpansion of credit and stock market speculation? | 或者过度放贷和资本市场的投机倒把 |
[18:50] | Yes. That would have been a complete answer. | 是的 这就是正确答案 |
[18:52] | Ha! You didn’t read the answer, | 你根本就没有看答案 |
[18:53] | because that’s exactly what I wrote. | 因为我正好就是这么回答的 |
[18:56] | “I wrote?” | “我回答的” |
[19:00] | The royal I, as in Reese | 我 指代的是Reese |
[19:03] | Because I think we can all identify | 因为我们清楚 |
[19:04] | with what he is going through. | 他将面临的是什么 |
[19:06] | You took that test, didn’t you? You cheated! | 你做的试卷 是不是 你作弊了 |
[19:15] | You let him cheat for you? | 你让他给你作弊 |
[19:16] | He gave something he wrote an F | 你给他写的答案打了一个F |
[19:20] | You are out to get him | 你是有意针对他的 |
[19:23] | Oh, I can’t wait to see you expelled or disbarred | 我已经等不及你被开除或者取消执照 |
[19:25] | or whatever it is | 不管什么结果 |
[19:26] | they do to creepy little men who abuse their power. | 乱用职权的恶心小人 |
[19:28] | There is no need for name-calling. | 没必要点名批评 |
[19:30] | I suggest we just leave things as they are. | 我建议我们就让事情停留在原样吧 |
[19:33] | Oh, I do not think so! | 噢不 我可不这么想 |
[19:35] | Here’s the situation: If you notify the school, | 现在的情况是这样的 如果你告诉学校 |
[19:37] | then the school will find out | 那么学校就会知道 |
[19:39] | Malcolm cheated. He’ll be expelled. | Malcolm作弊了并且会开除他 |
[19:41] | Don’t you threaten me! | 你这是在威胁我吗 |
[19:43] | this is not a threat. I just don’t think | 这不是威胁 我只是不认为 |
[19:45] | throw away the son who achieves for… well, Reese. | 你会为了Reese放弃有所成就的那个 |
[19:50] | You don’t think I’d sacrifice this one? | 你认为我不会去牺牲这个孩子吗 |
[19:54] | Let me explain something to you. | 让我告诉你点事情 |
[19:56] | I would sell Malcolm down | 为了拯救Reese |
[19:57] | the river in a heartbeat to save Reese. | 我在眼睛都不眨就能背叛Malcolm |
[19:59] | What? | 什么 |
[20:00] | Malcolm’s gonna be fine no matter what happens. | Malcolm不管发生什么事情都会没事的 |
[20:02] | Maybe he’ll have to go to junior college | 也许他会去上专科学校 |
[20:03] | or start off blue collar | 或者当蓝领工人 |
[20:04] | but he’ll work his way up to management eventually. | 但是他最终还是会走上管理阶层的道路 |
[20:06] | Reese is the one who needs saving. | Reese是那个需要拯救的孩子 |
[20:10] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信你 |
[20:13] | No mother could ever be that callous to her own son. | 没有母亲会对她的儿子如此残忍 |
[20:20] | Mom, please, let me come home. I’m cold and I’m hungry. | 妈妈求你让我进来 我又冷又饿 |
[20:25] | Please, I will fix the roof. I’ll paint the house, | 求求你 我会修屋顶和刷墙 |
[20:28] | I’ll do anything, Mom, please, just let me live indoors. | 我会做任何事情 妈妈求你了 就让我进来 |
[20:31] | Mum, Please , I want to be warm again! Mom please.. | 妈妈求你了 让我住在暖和的屋子里 妈妈求你了 |
[20:39] | Maybe we can work something out. | 也许我们能想出点办法 |
[20:44] | There you go, Tony. Night-night. | 就这样Tony 晚安晚安 |
[20:48] | Oh my god, look at the size of that thing. | 我的天 看看那东西的尺寸 |
[20:51] | -Aaaah -Dewey, what in the…? | – 啊 – Dewey 你究竟 |
[20:54] | Run Tony Run! | 快跑Tony 快跑 |
[20:56] | Why are they always named Tony? | 为什么总是叫Tony |
[21:00] | Goodbye Tony. I love you. | 再见 Tony 我爱你 |
[21:14] | Yeah, it’s cold, filthy and dangerous | 是的 又冷又脏又危险 |
[21:16] | but I say we got off easy. | 但是我们很容易就脱险了 |
[21:17] | If we all pitch in, we should be done in a week. | 如果我们都加把劲 我们一周之内就能完工 |
[21:20] | Hey, hurry up! | 嘿 快点 |
[21:22] | I’m trying, I’ve got tar in my eyes. | 我正努力着呢 焦油蘸到我的眼睛里面去了 |