时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Malcolm! In school, we learned the coolest thing. | Malcolm 我们今天学了最酷的东西 |
[00:04] | There were these people who did this broadcast, | 有人到处广播 |
[00:06] | and convinced everyone that aliens were landing. | 说外星人要来了 |
[00:08] | So, what we do, is we wait for Reese to fall asleep, | 所以我们要做的就是等Reese睡着了 |
[00:11] | and then we flash some lights outside his window. | 然后在他窗外鼓捣闪光灯 |
[00:13] | And we go to the TV, but we will have made a tape. | 然后我们去看电视 当然我们要把他录下来 |
[00:15] | Dewey, you’re totally over-thinking this. | Dewey 你真心想多了 |
[00:18] | Reese, aliens landed down the street. | Reese 外星人在街上着陆了 |
[00:22] | Every man for himself! | 大家保护好自己 |
[01:02] | Mom’s coming home a week early from Aunt Susan’s. | 老妈要提前一星期从Susan姑妈家回来 |
[01:04] | We did alright with her gone, | 她走了之后我们过得很好 |
[01:06] | but we still have a couple of things to take care of before she gets back. | 但是她回来之前我们还有一些事情要先处理好 |
[01:16] | Move it, move it! | 走开 走开 |
[01:17] | Now remember boys, | 记住孩子们 |
[01:18] | if you see the Bobcat, | 如果你们看到山猫 |
[01:19] | don’t be a hero. | 一定不要逞强 |
[01:20] | Stand on a chair and use your whistle. | 站在椅子上 吹口哨把它吓走 |
[01:21] | Get out of here, Foamy! Go home. | 走开 Foamy 快回家 |
[01:27] | Do you think she’ll notice the grass fire? | 你觉得她会注意到草地着过火么 |
[01:29] | Just remember, as far as we know, Dewey has always been missing the tip of his finger. | 记住 Dewey手指一直没有指尖 |
[01:33] | Boys, we’ re home! | 孩子们我们回来啦 |
[01:34] | Oh, boys, I missed you so | 孩子们 我想死你们啦 |
[01:37] | Dad knocked down your bedroom wall! | 老爸推倒了你们卧室的墙 |
[01:39] | What?! | 什么 |
[01:44] | Honey, I know it doesn’ t look like much, | 亲爱的 我知道这个看不出来 |
[01:48] | but this is just the beginning stages of a major expansion. | 这只是刚开始要扩建房子 |
[01:51] | I have conceptual drawings here, | 我都有图纸了 |
[01:53] | Look, see how it continues onto my hand? | 你看大的一张纸都画不下了 |
[01:55] | It was going to be something really nice for you and the baby, with a window seat. | 对你和小孩都会很好的还会有个落地窗 |
[01:59] | please just promise you won’ t get mad and leave again! | 求你不要生气离家出走 |
[02:02] | Hal, I’m just so glad to be home. | Hal回到家我真的很高兴 |
[02:05] | Oh, god. My sister is the most obnoxious, sanctimonious know-it-all I’ ve ever met! | 我姐是我见过最自大最假正经的人了 |
[02:12] | She spent every minute of my visit telling me everything that I’ ve ever done wrong in my life. | 她无时无刻不在数落我以前做错的事情 |
[02:16] | It was just awful. | 真是太可气了 |
[02:18] | Tell me about it. | 这还用说 |
[02:18] | Dating her was the worst 5 years of life. | 和她搞对象是我人生中最糟糕的5年 |
[02:21] | Well, you know what she’s like though, don’ t you? | 你知道她是什么样 对吧 |
[02:23] | My parents. Susan was always the pretty one. | 我爸妈一直觉得Susan最漂亮 |
[02:26] | Susan was the smart one. | Susan最聪明 |
[02:28] | Susan was the one with all the talent. | Susan最有天赋 |
[02:30] | I was the one that couldn’ t do anything right. | 我从来都是那个成事不足的 |
[02:32] | Hal, it got me thinking about Reese. | Hal 这让我想到了Reese |
[02:34] | As if he weren’ t feeling bad enough. | 貌似他还以此为荣呢 |
[02:36] | No, Hal. I don’ t think we give Reese enough credit. | 不 Hal 是我们不够信任他 |
[02:39] | I think that if we gave Reese a little more responsibility, | 如果我们让Reese多承担点责任 |
[02:42] | he would rise to the challenge. | 他可能会接受挑战 |
[02:44] | Now, I’ m not talking about giving him a key to the house or anything, | 我不是说给他房子钥匙这种小事 |
[02:47] | I just think some encouragement would do him good. | 适当的鼓励会对他有帮助 |
[02:50] | Ok. Oh, honey, come here! The eggs have hatched! | 好 亲爱的 快来 小鸟孵要出来了 |
[03:00] | Morning | 早上好 |
[03:03] | Dewey? Mom’ s home. | Dewey 妈妈在家 |
[03:05] | Oh, right. | 知道了 |
[03:10] | So, it’ s going to cost at least $800 to close up the wall. | 我们至少要花800刀去把墙修好 |
[03:13] | Well, I suppose I could go back to work at the drugstore. | 我觉得我可以再回药店工作 |
[03:15] | Really? | 真的么 |
[03:16] | Yeah, I’ m sure I could stay on my feet for eight hours a day. | 我相信我可以徒脚一天站8小时 |
[03:19] | And if you fall, the amniotic fluid provides a great cushion. | 要是如果我摔倒了这满肚子羊水还能起到缓冲作用 |
[03:23] | We’ ll think of something. | 我们会想到办法的 |
[03:24] | Hey, there’s tons of stuff we don’t use in the garage. | 对了 车库里有好多我们不用的东西 |
[03:27] | Why don’t we just put it out on the front lawn and see if we can sell it? | 我们把他们摆到前院看能不能卖掉 |
[03:30] | You mean like a garage sale? | 像旧货出售会一样 |
[03:31] | That’s a terrific idea, Reese. | 这主意好极了 Reese |
[03:33] | Don’t you think that’s a great idea, Hal? | 这主意是不是很好 Hal |
[03:34] | Actually, I was the one | 事实上是我 |
[03:35] | And you know what? You can be in charge. | 你可以负责 |
[03:38] | You can organise all the stuff, you can set the prices, you can pick the date. | 你就来组织定价 选个黄道吉日办了吧 |
[03:41] | Why, I didn’t do anything. | 为什么 我没干坏事啊 |
[03:43] | Reese, this isn’t a punishment. | Reese这不是惩罚 |
[03:44] | This is us demonstrating our faith in you, | 这是我们表达对你的信任 |
[03:46] | because I know you are going to do a great job. | 因为我知道你会做的很好的 |
[03:50] | We believe in you, don’t we Hal? | 我们相信你 是不是 Hal |
[03:53] | For god’s sakes, he’s my son. | 当然啦 他是我儿子 |
[03:56] | And I love him. | 我爱他 |
[03:57] | Just answer the question, Hal. | 老实回答问题 Hal |
[04:00] | Who wants juice? | 谁要果汁 |
[04:01] | I do! | 我要 |
[04:03] | You can’t just sell all my old stuff! | 你不能就这么把我的旧东西都卖了 |
[04:05] | Everything in that garage represents a precious childhood memory. | 车库里承载着我的童年回忆 |
[04:09] | It’s a bunch of old magazines, a broken yo-yo | 就是一叠旧杂志一个坏了的溜溜球 |
[04:11] | and a Rubik’s Cube painted all one colour. | 和一个涂成一种颜色的魔方 |
[04:14] | Well, you try and solve that thing! | 你玩个魔方我看看 |
[04:15] | I’m not going to argue with you. | 我才不跟你吵 |
[04:16] | You have ten seconds to ome up with a good reason to keep all that junk, | 给你10秒想个充分理由说服我保留那些垃圾 |
[04:19] | or I’m getting rid of it. | 不然我就把它们都处理了 |
[04:21] | See, this is why you are a terrible mother, | 这就是为什么你是一个不称职的妈妈 |
[04:23] | because everything has to be a competition with you! | 因为所有的事情都要跟你争 |
[04:25] | Oh, it does not! | 哦 才不是 |
[04:26] | I’m hanging up! | 我要挂啦 |
[04:27] | I’m hanging up first. | 是我先挂 |
[04:28] | No, I’m hanging… Damn it! | 不 我要 该死 |
[04:30] | You mustn’t talk about your family like that, Francis. | 你可不能这么跟你家人说话 Francis |
[04:33] | There is nothing more important than | 没有什么比他们更重要了 |
[04:37] | oh, look! It’s a letter from our son, Rutger! | 看看 这有一封我儿子Rutger寄来的信 |
[04:42] | We must hide this immediately. | 我得赶紧把它藏起来 |
[04:45] | Why do you have to hide a letter from your son? | 你为什么要把你儿子的信藏起来 |
[04:47] | Otto, no! | Otto 不要 |
[04:48] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[04:49] | Nothing, because this did not happen. | 没什么 因为从来没有信 |
[04:52] | Nothing happened. | 我也没点火 |
[04:53] | Except for me telling you that nothing happened. | 只要记住我告诉你们什么都没发生 |
[04:56] | That happened, but only that. | 只要记住我的话 |
[04:58] | Things will begin to happen again, starting… now! | 再来一遍 开始 |
[05:02] | Oh look, the mail came. | 来信了 |
[05:06] | As soon as the swelling in my ankles goes down, | 等我的脚踝一消肿 |
[05:08] | I’m going to get right back to work with you boys. | 我就去和你们一起奋战 |
[05:10] | Thank you, honey. | 谢谢你 亲爱的 |
[05:11] | No matter what it does to the baby. | 不管对小孩有什么影响 |
[05:15] | Reese, if you put the heavy boxes down first, | Reese 你先把重箱子放下 |
[05:17] | and then stack the light ones on top…. | 然后把轻的叠上去 |
[05:18] | It just kills you that I’m in charge, doesn’t it? | 我负责你就这么不爽么 |
[05:26] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[05:26] | This is the transmitter from the pirate radio station I had in College! | 这是我大学时从非法广播站得到的发射机 |
[05:30] | It was only a couple of watts, | 它虽然只有几瓦特 |
[05:32] | but I bought the truth to everyone within three blocks of the west side of campus. | 但是通过它我把真相传给了校园西边的三个街区的人们 |
[05:36] | Until the FCC shut me down for telling it like it was. | 直到联邦通信委员会禁止我说是违法 |
[05:40] | And for not having a license. | 还说没有执照 |
[05:42] | See, the way it works | 你看就是这样的 |
[05:44] | I was just trying to be polite. | 我只是礼貌性的问一下 |
[05:45] | I didn’t think you were going to punish me for it. | 那样你就不会惩罚我 |
[05:48] | Hey there, Sparky. | 你好 Sparky |
[05:51] | So, half the campus is goose-stepping down to the bonfire | 全校一半学生以踢着正步走向篝火 |
[05:55] | to be brainwashed by the Stepford Cheerleaders! | 等待被拉拉队长Stepford洗脑 |
[05:58] | The Pied Pipers of Pep! | 振奋人心的Pied Pipers |
[06:00] | They want us to forget why we came to this institution, | 他们想让我们忘掉我们为何来此 |
[06:03] | but not Kid Charlemagne! | 但要记住Kid Charlemagne |
[06:05] | I am here to seek knowledge. | 我是来求知识的 |
[06:08] | Let’s get going, Hal. And don’t forget your head! | 我们走吧 Hal 别忘了带脑子 |
[06:12] | Rightyho! | 好的 |
[06:18] | I remember this toy. | 我记得这个玩具 |
[06:20] | I begged for it for months. | 我求了好几个月才得到的 |
[06:21] | It was supposed to move and talk, and learn my name. | 他应该会说话会走路还会说我名字的 |
[06:24] | But the stupid thing never worked. | 但是这个蠢货啥都不会 |
[06:26] | Robot! Robot! Robot! Robot! Robot! Robot! | 机器人 机器人 机器人 机器人 机器人 |
[06:36] | Ok, now I need a five-inch girder. | 我需要一个五英尺的大梁 |
[06:39] | Coming right up! | 马上就来 |
[06:46] | Hey, look! My Baseball glove. | 嘿 看 我的棒球手套 |
[06:50] | Hey, look! My Baseball glove. | 嘿 看 我的棒球手套 |
[06:57] | Dad, is this yours? | 老爸 这是你的么 |
[06:58] | No, it must have been my roommate’s. | 不是 这肯定是我室友的 |
[07:00] | You know, I think it might be…. | 我觉得它有可能是 |
[07:00] | Throw it out, it’s garbage. | 扔了它 是垃圾 |
[07:02] | Reese, maybe we should try to find out what it is before… | Reese 我还是研究一下这是什么吧 |
[07:04] | Mom! Malcolm’s not respecting my leadership! | 老妈 Malcom不尊重我的领导权 |
[07:07] | Malcolm, you respect Reese’s leadership! | Malcolm你要听从Reese的指挥 |
[07:25] | Come on! | 拜托 |
[07:32] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[07:33] | He said he’d return, | 他说过他会回归 |
[07:35] | and he couldn’t be silenced! | 他不能保持沉默 |
[07:36] | Kid Charlemagne is back on the air! | Kid Charlemagen又回来了 |
[07:39] | Otto always planned that when Rutger finished College, | Otto一直计划等Rutger大学毕业 |
[07:42] | he would come out here and live with us on the ranch, | 他就会回来这里和我们一起在农场生活 |
[07:45] | but instead he insisted on going to Medical School. | 但是他坚持要继续念医科大学 |
[07:48] | And when he was Manche surgeon of his hospital, Otto was crushed. | 当他成为芒什一家医院的外科医生时 Otto就崩溃了 |
[07:52] | It’s so strange he never mentioned any of this. | 真奇怪 之前都没听他提过 |
[07:54] | That is Otto’s teutonic pride. | 这是Otto日耳曼自尊心作祟 |
[07:56] | He will never ever show his feelings to anyone. | 他从不对任何人敞开心扉 |
[08:00] | Welcome to the Grotto. | 欢迎来到Grotto |
[08:02] | I’m sure you will enjoy your stay. | 我相信你们会喜欢这里的 |
[08:06] | And don’t forget to visit the Gift Shop. | 不要忘记去逛逛我们的礼品店 |
[08:12] | Perhaps tomorrow, you would like to go horseback riding on Uncle Otto’s pony. | 或许你明天想骑骑Otto叔叔的小马驹呢 |
[08:23] | Malcolm, dinner! | Malcolm 吃晚饭了 |
[08:25] | Hal, I’m not going to call you again! | Hal 我再叫你最后一次 |
[08:27] | There are so many things the Government doesn’t want you to know, | 有太多事情政府不想公布于众 |
[08:31] | and that’s why they don’t want Kid Charlemagne on this mike! | 这就是为什么他们不想让Kid Charlemagne出现 |
[08:36] | Do I love my country? Yes. | 我爱我的国家么 是的 |
[08:38] | Do I vote? | 我投选票么 |
[08:39] | I used to, until they moved our polling place to the house with the big dog. | 曾经投 直到他们把投选票的地方改到有大狗的房子里 |
[08:43] | Hal, I said dinner! | Hal 叫了你好多次了 |
[08:53] | I think we should start the garage sale around seven, | 我觉得应该把车库拍卖定在七点 |
[08:55] | because serious shoppers like to get an early start. | 因为真心想买的人都爱早点开始 |
[08:57] | Unless you have a different idea, | 除非你有其他建议 |
[08:59] | which I’m sure would be great. | 我觉得一定会很好的 |
[09:00] | I was thinking eleven-thirty, | 我觉得11:30比较好 |
[09:02] | so I can watch cartoons. | 这样我可以看动画片 |
[09:03] | so you’ll be well-rested and better able tofocus. | 所以你就养好精神集中注意力了 |
[09:08] | Good thinking. | 好想法 |
[09:09] | Where were you this afternoon? | 你整个下午都去哪了 |
[09:11] | I instructed you to separate the twist-ties into length. | 我让你把缠在一起的领带按长度分好 |
[09:14] | He’s been like this all day. | 他今天一天都这样 |
[09:16] | I was doing homework. | 我在做作业 |
[09:17] | No homework takes more than 20 minutes. | 你做作业从没超过过20分钟 |
[09:20] | Hal, what are you doing out there? | Hal 你到底在外面干嘛 |
[09:22] | I’ve been gone for six weeks, | 我离开了六周 |
[09:23] | and now that I’m home, | 现在我回家了 |
[09:24] | I barely see you. | 还是几乎见不到你 |
[09:25] | I missed you too. | 我也想你 |
[09:26] | Why don’t I put on some music? | 我们放点音乐吧 |
[09:28] | What is this childish need you have to defy my authority? | 为这种鸡毛蒜皮的事你决然公然挑衅 |
[09:30] | Bite me! | 去死 |
[09:31] | Just when I was starting to feel confident in my abilities! | 就在我刚开始对我的能力有点自信的时候 |
[09:34] | Malcolm, I am sick of you always putting your brother down! | Malcom 我受够了你总是看不起你哥 |
[09:37] | This is Reese’s project, and you are going to be supportive! | 这是Reese的计划 你要支持他 |
[09:43] | Now, Reese is in charge of this garage sale, | 是Reese负责这个车库大甩卖 |
[09:46] | and you are going to obey him. | 你就要听他的 |
[09:47] | No matter what he asks you to do, you are going to do it! | 不管它让你干什么你都要干 |
[09:50] | But he’s…. | 但是他 |
[09:50] | Malcolm, you can either let him be in charge of you for the garage sale, | Malcom 要么让他在仓库大甩卖这事上管着你 |
[09:53] | or you can let him be in charge of you every day for the rest of your life! | 要么让他管你这一辈子 |
[10:03] | Wow, it’s like that guy is saying what we’re all thinking! | 哇 那个人好像都说到大家心坎里去了耶 |
[10:06] | Hal, would you turn that racket off? | Hal你能不能把那个吵死人的东西关掉 |
[10:08] | Ok. I guess I can’t expect a suburban housewife to understand. | 好吧 我想我不能期待一个孤陋寡闻的家庭主妇听明白 |
[10:19] | Dewey, what are you doing? | Dewey 你在干什么 |
[10:20] | A tennis ball doesn’t go with the football, | 网球不能和足球一起 |
[10:23] | it goes with the ceramic bananas. | 应该和陶瓷香蕉放在一起 |
[10:24] | This is stupid. | 这太蠢了 |
[10:25] | Why are we sorting everything by colour? | 为什么我们要按颜色分类 |
[10:27] | Because I say so! | 因为我说的 |
[10:29] | And because alphabetical order was slowing us down. | 并且因为字母排序会减慢我们的速度 |
[10:32] | Us? | 我什么们 |
[10:34] | This better be good. | 这最好是个好东西 |
[10:35] | There’ll be hell to pay if Jellybean wakes up from her massage | 如果小糖豆醒来发现我没在 |
[10:38] | and doesn’t see me on the table next to her. | 她旁边的按摩桌上就惨了 |
[10:40] | Oh my god! Is that a Nortare? | 额滴神啊 这是Nortare么 |
[10:43] | It’s a Nortare 680B. | 这是Nortare 680B |
[10:45] | It’s like the first personal computer ever made. | 像是制造的第一台私人电脑一样宝贵 |
[10:47] | You have an interest in this kind of stuff, don’t you? | 你不是很喜欢这种玩儿么 |
[10:50] | There aren’t many of these left. | 市场上所剩无几啊 |
[10:52] | I’ll give you five bucks for it. | 五刀卖给我 |
[10:53] | Yeah right! I checked online. | 想得美 我上网查了 |
[10:55] | This is in mint condition, it’s worth at least $1300. | 这个保存的很完好 至少值1300刀 |
[10:58] | Deal! | 成交 |
[10:58] | No take backs, double black magic, flush it down the toilet. | 不准反悔 一言既出 驷马难追 |
[11:02] | You understand it’s going to take me a couple of days to get the money? | 你知道我需要几天时间去凑齐这些钱对吧 |
[11:04] | That’s exactly what I want. | 这就是我想要的 |
[11:06] | I want you to buy it this Saturday at our garage sale. | 我要你在周六的车库大甩卖上买它 |
[11:09] | In front of everybody. | 当着大家的面 |
[11:10] | With cash. | 还要用现金 |
[11:11] | You’re going to react in horror when I tell you | 当我告诉你Reese要把它当垃圾 |
[11:13] | Reese was going to throw this in the trash. | 扔掉的时候你要表现的很震惊 |
[11:15] | And you’re going to tell everyone that | 并且你要告诉大家 |
[11:16] | they should have listened to me all along. | 早就应该听我的 |
[11:18] | You know, right now you’re sounding a lot like a James Bond villain. | 你现在听起来像詹姆斯邦德的对手 |
[11:22] | Me?! | 我 |
[11:23] | There’s nothing wrong with me! | 我没错 |
[11:24] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[11:25] | And right. | 并且很对 |
[11:27] | And right! | 对 |
[11:28] | And on Saturday, | 周六的时候 |
[11:29] | everyone’s going to know it. | 就众所周知了 |
[11:31] | Ok, but these revenge plans have a way of backfiring. | 好吧 但是这个复仇计划有可能出意外 |
[11:34] | Word of the wise | 劝你一句 |
[11:35] | if you ever make someone an Axlux milkshake, | 有备 |
[11:37] | don’t do it on an empty stomach. | 无患 |
[11:40] | Someone is looking down at you from a satellite | 某人正从卫星上看着你 |
[11:42] | with his finger on the death beam. | 他的手指就放在死亡按钮上 |
[11:44] | And somewhere, someone is watching him. | 在某地 某人正看着他 |
[11:47] | But who’s watching them | 但是谁在监视着那些人 |
[12:03] | NO! | 不是吧 |
[12:12] | Sir, do you know why I pulled you over? | 先生 你知道我为什么让你停车么 |
[12:14] | Certainly not for operating an illegial pirate radio station. | 绝不是因为运行一个非法电台 |
[12:17] | I mean, even if I did have the equipment in College, | 我是说 就算我大学的时候有装备 |
[12:19] | I wouldn’t have kept it and be using it today. | 我也不会留着现在再用啊 |
[12:21] | What’s with all these questions, anyway?! | 到底怎么回事 |
[12:23] | Do you have a warrant?! | 你有搜查令么 |
[12:24] | You ran a stop sign half a mile back. | 你在半英里远的地方对停车标志视而不见 |
[12:26] | What? There’s no stop sign back there. | 怎么可能 那根本没有停车标志 |
[12:29] | It’s at the driveway to the Country Club. | 是在去乡村俱乐部的公路上 |
[12:31] | They just put it up. | 他们刚放的 |
[12:34] | That stop sign is a declaration of war! | 那个停车标志就是宣战的标志 |
[12:38] | It’s for the fat cats on top of the hill playing golf, | 是给那些在山顶上肥头大耳玩高尔夫的人的 |
[12:41] | while us regular Joes are late for our second job, | 对我们普罗大众就是故意让我们 |
[12:44] | or church, or dinner with our families. | 第二职业或去教堂或和家人吃晚饭迟到用的 |
[12:46] | “I’m sorry I missed little Bobby’s first steps honey, | “亲爱的真抱歉我错过了Bobby人生第一步 |
[12:49] | but I had to come to a complete stop, | 我必须得停车 |
[12:51] | just because those robber barons can’t look both ways!” | 就因为这群资本家不能同时看两边的路” |
[12:56] | Gretchen, what are you doing? | Gretchen你在干嘛 |
[12:58] | I was just going through some of Rutger’s old things from when he was a boy. | 我在收拾Rutger小时候的东西 |
[13:07] | Boy,I don’t remember that he was so fat. | 天哪 我不记得他当时这么胖啊 |
[13:10] | Shlupi | 哦 Shlupi |
[13:12] | Who’s Shlupi? | 谁是Shlupi |
[13:13] | Otto and Rutger used to love Shlupi. | Otto和Ruther曾经很喜欢Shlupi |
[13:16] | Otto would put Shlupi on, and Rutger would laugh and laugh. | Otto一带上Shlupi Rutger就会一直笑 |
[13:20] | It was almost like a little brother to him. | 就像他弟弟一样 |
[13:23] | Shlupi could say all of the things that Otto couldn’t, | Shlupi会说所有Otto说不口的话 |
[13:27] | like “go to bed”and”behave yourself”, | 比如’快去睡觉’还有’乖一点’ |
[13:30] | and”take your finger out of zere, it’s disgusting!” | 还有’不要吃手指 太脏了’ |
[13:34] | Oh, the love in that house. | 父爱满屋啊 |
[13:37] | And now, it’s gone. | 但是现在 什么都没了 |
[13:41] | Gretchen, I hate seeing you so upset. | Gretchen 我不想看到你难过 |
[13:44] | You’ve got to talk to Otto about this. | 你要和Otto好好谈谈 |
[13:46] | There’s no getting through to him, | 他刀枪不入 |
[13:47] | he won’t even admit that anything is wrong. | 他认为他一点错都没有 |
[14:05] | So, you have the money, right? | 你准备好钱了吧 |
[14:07] | Yes, it cost me three Little Lulus and Captain Placard plate, | 我牺牲了三个小露露公仔和钢铁队长盘呢 |
[14:09] | I hope you’re happy! | 你高兴了吧 |
[14:10] | I’ll go get the computer. | 我去把电脑拿来 |
[14:11] | You memorize this script. | 你记住这些台词 |
[14:16] | Reese, that’s a great idea you’re probably having to | Reese你要是能去帮那个要买东西 |
[14:19] | help that lady who’s trying to buy something. | 的老奶奶介绍一下应该不错的 |
[14:20] | Yeah, ok. | 好啊 |
[14:23] | Can I help you? | 有什么要帮忙的么 |
[14:24] | How much for the vacuum? | 这个吸尘器多少钱 |
[14:26] | That’s a set. | 这是一套 |
[14:27] | You can only buy that if you buy the lamp. | 你得连台灯一起买 |
[14:29] | But I don’t need a lamp. | 但是我不需要台灯 |
[14:30] | Then you don’t need a vacuum. | 那么你也不需要吸尘器 |
[14:34] | She’ll be back. | 她会回来的 |
[14:35] | And the lamp isn’t going without the blender. | 而且买台灯就得买搅拌机 |
[14:39] | You’ve obviously put a lot of thought into this. | 考虑还挺周全 |
[14:42] | Where the heck does your father keep disappearing to? | 你爸又死哪去了 |
[14:45] | And then the Stop Sign Army spring into action, | 之后停车标志军队活跃起来了 |
[14:49] | all in support of the Military Industrial Country Club Complex. | 投入全部主力支持这个军事工业国家俱乐部事业 |
[14:53] | But that’s not where it ends. | 但这还不算完 |
[14:58] | Ok, pay attention to this. | 好了 听好了 |
[15:00] | How many sides to a stop sign? Eight. | 一个停车标记有几面 八面 |
[15:03] | That’s just a little too close to the number of judges | 这个数字太接近最高法院 |
[15:05] | on the Supreme Court for this citizen. | 的法官数目了 |
[15:11] | Hang on a second, America. | 稍等一下 美国人民 |
[15:26] | Here you go, dear. | 给你 亲爱的 |
[15:27] | Thank you very much. | 谢谢你 |
[15:29] | That’s my piggybank! | 那是我的小猪储钱罐 |
[15:31] | That was in my room! | 在我房间里的 |
[15:32] | Relax, dipwad. I got two bucks for it. | 放轻松 傻蛋 我卖了两刀呢 |
[15:34] | It had 16 dollars in it! | 那里面有16刀呢 |
[15:36] | Spilt milk. | 无法挽回了 |
[15:41] | Mom, stupid Reese just did the stupidest thing! | 妈妈 蠢Reese刚做了件蠢事 |
[15:44] | You’re as bad as Malcolm! | 你和malcom一样坏 |
[15:45] | I don’t want to hear any more complaining out of you for the rest of the day, | 我不要再听到你的抱怨了 |
[15:48] | understood? | 明白么 |
[15:49] | Now, go! Help your brother. | 赶快帮你哥哥去 |
[15:52] | Excuse me, do you have a microwave for sale? | 打扰一下 你们卖微波炉吗 |
[15:55] | No, we….. | 不 我们 |
[16:00] | Oh, actually, yes. Yes, we do. | 实际上 是的我们卖 |
[16:03] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[16:05] | Excuse me, Malcolm, it’s me, Craig. | 打扰了 Malcom 是我 Craing |
[16:08] | What’s that your holding in your hands? | 你手里拿的那是什么呢 |
[16:09] | You mean this thing that I’ve been trying to save, | 你是说这个我一直要留下来 |
[16:12] | that Reese has insisted all along was mere junk? | 但Reese却坚持只是垃圾的东西 |
[16:15] | Mere junk?! | 只是垃圾 |
[16:17] | Why, your brother couldn’t be more wrong, | 为什么 你的哥真是大错特错 |
[16:20] | nor you more right. | 你是大对特对 |
[16:22] | Please allow me to buy it from you for the princely sum of… | 求你高价卖给我吧 |
[16:28] | Dad, what are you doing? | 老爸 你在干嘛 |
[16:29] | Craig, get back here! Mom….. | Craig 回来这里 妈妈 |
[16:31] | What are you doing with that?! | 你拿这个做什么呢 |
[16:32] | I ordered you to throw this away! | 我命令你扔掉的 |
[16:33] | Let go of it, you idiot! | 放手 你这个白痴 |
[16:35] | Give it! | 交出来 |
[16:36] | – No! – I’m in charge! | – 不 – 我才是主管 |
[16:36] | Here you go. Sixteen dollars. | 给你 16刀 |
[16:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[16:39] | Hey, is that stereo for sale? | 嘿 这个立体声音响卖么 |
[16:42] | Make me an offer. | 你说多少钱 |
[16:44] | We don’t think that the constitution is an empty promise. | 我们不认为宪法只是空头文件 |
[16:49] | We believe in the Bill of Rights, don’t we? | 我们相信人权法案 难道不是么 |
[16:51] | I never understood what the big deal is about quartering soldiers. | 我从来都不明白把士兵四等分有什么大不了的 |
[16:54] | I mean, as long as I don’t have to change in front of them. | 我是说 只要我不用在他们面前换衣服 |
[16:57] | It’s the spirit of free speech! | 这是言论自由的精神 |
[16:58] | It’s the fundamental freedom that thousands of men | 这是成千上万人为牺牲生命 |
[17:01] | have given their lives for! | 换来的自由基本精神 |
[17:02] | Take a left here on | 这里向左转 |
[17:04] | Attention. | 注意 |
[17:04] | You are conducting a broadcasted direct violation of FCC Rule 27 | 你的行为违反了联邦通讯委员会条款27 |
[17:08] | Pull over. | 靠边停 |
[17:09] | I’m not going down without a fight! | 我才不会束手就擒 |
[17:12] | I’m the voice of the little man! | 我是小人物的声音 |
[17:14] | The man in the gutter! | 贫民区里的人 |
[17:16] | The man on the streets! | 大街上的人 |
[17:17] | The man that fights the man! | 为权利而战的人 |
[17:20] | Oh my god! You’re Kid Charlemagne! | 哦 天哪 你是Kid Charlemagne |
[17:25] | Give it! | 放手 |
[17:26] | No! Let go! | 不 你放手 |
[17:27] | Reese, top, you stupid Jackass. | Reese 快停下来 你这个蠢驴 |
[17:29] | You don’t even know what you’re doing. | 你知道你在干啥么 |
[17:30] | That is enough out of you! | 你们两个够了 |
[17:31] | Are you really so insecure that you can’t stand | 别人成了焦点你就 |
[17:34] | anyone else getting any attention? | 这么没安全感么 |
[17:35] | Your brother has worked so hard to make this yard sale a success. | 你哥哥为了让这个车库大甩卖成功付出多少努力 |
[17:39] | He doesn’t need you undermining him at every turn! | 他不需要你每次都挖墙脚 |
[17:41] | Mom, you have to listen to me! | 妈妈 你一定要听我说 |
[17:43] | We have a Nortare 680B. | 我们有台Nortare 680B |
[17:46] | It’s a type of computer that was built in 1976. | 这种电脑生产于1976 |
[17:49] | There’s only a few in existence, | 目前仅存几台 |
[17:51] | and Craig is going to give us $1300 for it! | Craing要给我们1300刀买下来 |
[17:53] | $1300? | 1300刀 |
[17:56] | Oh my god! | 天哪 |
[18:02] | What are you doing?! | 你脑袋被驴踢了么 |
[18:04] | I have a lot of things to sell, | 我有很多东西要卖 |
[18:05] | and I don’t have time to argue with this bozo. | 我没时间跟这个笨蛋争辩 |
[18:07] | I’ve got a jet ski on hold, | 我有一个喷气滑板要买 |
[18:09] | and the place closes at six. | 而且那里六点关门 |
[18:10] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[18:11] | I’m buying a jet ski with my yard sale money. | 我要用大甩卖赚的钱买喷气滑板 |
[18:13] | That money isn’t yours. | 那些钱不是你的 |
[18:15] | It’s going to rebuild our bedroom wall. | 是用来重建卧室墙的 |
[18:17] | But you said I was in charge. | 但是你说我来负责 |
[18:18] | That means I get the money | 那意味着钱是我的 |
[18:20] | No, it doesn’t. | 是你个头 |
[18:21] | Then why the hell would I want to be in charge? | 那为什么我要负责呢 |
[18:23] | Reese, this is helping you become a better person | Reese这是为了通过建立你的自尊来 |
[18:25] | by building your self esteem. | 帮你成为更好的人 |
[18:27] | Which you are obviously going to need if you are stupid enough | 在这个家非常需要这1300刀的时候 |
[18:31] | to throw away $1300 that this family desperately needs! | 你脑残到扔了那宝贝那你更需要帮助了 |
[18:38] | I’m cooperating! | 我合作 |
[18:39] | I never met this man before! | 我以前从没见过这个人 |
[18:41] | I hate the constitution! | 我讨厌那体制 |
[18:42] | I hate free speech! | 我讨厌言论自由 |
[18:44] | I’ll snitch! | 我揭发 |
[18:45] | I know things! | 我都知道 |
[18:46] | What on earth? | 到底怎么啦 |
[18:47] | Stop! Government agent! | 站住 我们是政府的 |
[18:51] | Fair warning, sir. | 警告你 先生 |
[18:52] | Running adds an additional $80 to your fine! | 再跑就多罚你80刀 |
[18:57] | Otto, come out, I know you’re in here | Otto出来 我知道你在这 |
[18:59] | This is ridiculous, it’s been three days. | 这太荒唐了 都已经三天了 |
[19:03] | Look, I know you don’t want to talk about this. | 听着 我知道你不想讨论这个 |
[19:05] | But you can’t just keep hiding. | 但是你不能一直逃避 |
[19:08] | Are you happy like this? | 你这样就会开心么 |
[19:10] | Do I look happy? | 我看起来像是高兴么 |
[19:13] | Gretchen is freaking out, | Gretchen吓坏了 |
[19:15] | the guests are leaving in droves, | 客人们陆陆续续离开了 |
[19:16] | and Muffy wants her stall back. | 并且Muffy想要回她的货摊 |
[19:18] | You have to stop this. | 你要阻止这些 |
[19:19] | There is nothing to stop, | 没什么要阻止的 |
[19:21] | because there’s nothing wrong. | 因为都没错 |
[19:23] | Now go away! | 快走开 |
[19:26] | Look, if there’s one thing I’m an expert at, | 如果有什么事我是在行的 |
[19:28] | it’s pointless family conflict. | 那就是无意义的家庭冲突 |
[19:30] | And if Rutger is anything like me, | 如果Rutger有一点像我的话 |
[19:32] | you’re going to have to make the first move. | 你要主动迈出第一步 |
[19:34] | That means you’re going to have to deal with your feelings. | 那意味着你要先学会控制你的感情 |
[19:37] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[19:40] | I know you can. | 我知道你能行 |
[19:40] | That’s why I want you to do something for me. | 这就是为什么我要你为我做件事 |
[19:44] | Look at your wedding ring. | 看着你的结婚戒指 |
[19:50] | Shlupi Shlupi? | |
[19:51] | Yes, Shlupi. | 是的 Shlupi |
[19:53] | I think it’s about time he weighed in all this. | 是时间让它也考虑一下了 |
[20:00] | I guess I was a little disappointed when Rutger wouldn’t come. | Rutger不回来的时候我有点失望 |
[20:05] | And then when the letters came, it was so painful. | 当我收到信的时候心如刀绞 |
[20:09] | I couldn’t bear it. | 我无法忍受 |
[20:11] | I love him so much, Francis. | 我非常爱他 Francis |
[20:15] | I swore that I would never do that to my son. | 我发誓我再也不会这样对我儿子了 |
[20:18] | And now, look. | 看看现在 |
[20:21] | Rutger is such a wonderful boy. | Rutger是多么好的孩子啊 |
[20:24] | He’s so sensitive, he’s so bright. | 那么机灵 那么光鲜 |
[20:26] | I’m going to go get Shlupi a phone. | 我给Shlupi拿个电话 |
[20:33] | I’ll tell you one thing, | 告诉你 |
[20:33] | twenty years ago I would have cleared that fence, | 要是20年前我能翻过那栅栏 |
[20:35] | and the open manhole. | 还有那开盖的沙井 |
[20:38] | Oh, god. | 天哪 |
[20:39] | How could I have been so wrong about Reese? | 我对Reese怎么能抱有幻想呢 |
[20:41] | Hal, just say it again please, | Hal 再说一遍 |
[20:43] | I really need to hear it. | 我真的需要再听一遍 |
[20:44] | Ok. Reese…is hopeless. | 好吧 Reese 无药可救 |
[20:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:54] | Hello? | 谁啊 |
[20:55] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[20:55] | Francis Francis? | |
[20:56] | Listen, I’ve been doing some thinking, | 我一直在想 |
[20:58] | and I just wanted to tell you that, | 我只是想告诉你 |
[21:00] | even though we haven’t always gotten along, | 虽然我们合不来 |
[21:02] | I guess you thought you were doing what was best for me. | 但我知道你都是为我好 |
[21:05] | And, well, I appreciate it. | 我感激不尽 |
[21:07] | Wow, Francis. What brought this on? | 哇 Francis 怎么一下子开窍了 |
[21:10] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[21:11] | I guess I just had a breakthrough. | 可能是突然领悟到了吧 |
[21:14] | Anyway, I wanted to tell you about this thing that happened in Junior High. | 我想告诉你们件发生在初中的事 |