时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | How many more for the record? | 还差多少超记录啊 |
[00:08] | Two more top should do it. | 再来两罐应该够了 |
[00:13] | There really isn’t a category for eating jalapenos. | 其实根本没有吃墨西哥辣椒的世界记录 |
[00:16] | But I think he’s probably suffered enough. | 我觉得他也够遭罪的了 |
[00:17] | I’m gonna tell him in a minute. | 我马上跟他说实话 |
[00:22] | I’m so close to tell him, honestly. | 再等一会儿就跟他说 真的 |
[00:28] | 97. Really, I’m gonna tell him. | 97次 真的 我一定会说的 |
[01:10] | Mom. Dad. Can we drive back to the country this saturday to see the meteor shower. | 老爸老妈 我们周六去郊外看流星雨好不好 |
[01:15] | We only have to go like 25 miles to get a good view. | 开车去25英里外的地方 视野好 |
[01:17] | It starts about 2 am. | 大概凌晨两点开始 |
[01:20] | How’s that again, son? | 你刚才说什么来着 儿子 |
[01:21] | The meteor shower, They say it’s gonna be the best for the hundred years. | 流星雨啊 据说是百年不遇的一次 |
[01:25] | Sounds sciencey. No, thanks. | 蛮有学术感的 算了吧 |
[01:27] | Come on, Reese. A meteor shower. | 别这样嘛 Reese 流星雨诶 |
[01:29] | Fire ball zooming around the air. Smashing to the ground, right in front of you. | 火球在空中乱窜 然后直直地砸在你面前 |
[01:34] | That’s not what happens. | 根本不是这样 |
[01:35] | Can we ride one. | 我们能骑火球吗 |
[01:36] | No. It’s 60 miles up. But it’s beautiful and interesting anyway. | 不可能 它离地60英里呢 但很漂亮很有趣的 |
[01:40] | Look, if Malcolm needs to do this for some school assignment, | 如果Malcolm是为了完成作业 |
[01:43] | – then we’re gonna do it. – It’s not for school. | – 那我们就照做 – 不是学校作业 |
[01:45] | Then forget it. We’re not gonna get up at 2 am just looking stars. | 那就别想了 我们才不要早上两点起来看星星呢 |
[01:50] | Bran Cereal? Why you are eating that stuff? | 麦麸麦片 你怎么吃这个 |
[01:53] | You said it taste like kitty litter. | 你不是说它吃起来像猫砂嘛 |
[01:54] | I’m eating it because I have to stop gaining weight. | 我是为了不再发胖才吃这个的 |
[01:58] | I’m turning into a gigantic fat cow. | 我都快变成巨型奶牛了 |
[02:00] | Oh, you have not. | 你才没有 |
[02:01] | Even the doctor said so. | 医生都说我胖了 |
[02:03] | Oh, that’s ridiculous.You’re eating for two now. | 胡说 你现在是为两个人在吃 |
[02:05] | What kind of doctor doesn’t know that? | 竟然有医生连这个都不懂 |
[02:07] | Hal, he’s right. I’m huge | Hal 他说得对啊 我现在太壮了 |
[02:10] | And I don’t understand how it’s happening. | 我都想不通怎么会变成这样 |
[02:12] | Well, I think you’re beautiful no matter what. | 不管怎么样 你在我心中都是最美的 |
[02:15] | Oh, thank you, honey.You’re so sweet. | 谢谢 亲爱的 你最好了 |
[02:25] | Anything I want to do,they don’t understand. | 我想做的 他们都不懂 |
[02:27] | And if they do understand, they just make fun of it. | 就算他们懂 也只会取笑我 |
[02:29] | But why should I expect them to be any different than the rest of the world? | 我干嘛还奢望他们与众不同啊 |
[02:32] | Let’s face it–everyone on this planet is a brain-dead,butt-scratching half-wit. | 现实就是 世人都是没脑的笨蛋 跟猴子没差别 |
[02:37] | Bite… us. | 有种 杀了我们 |
[02:40] | How could you possibly think that the Nimzovich defense would work against me? | 就凭尼姆佐维奇防御法 你还想赢我 |
[02:44] | You tried it two games ago, and I slaughtered you. | 两局之前你试过了 我杀得你片甲不留啊 |
[02:47] | You tried it four games ago,and I slaughtered you. | 四局之前你也试过 我杀得你片甲不留啊 |
[02:50] | Seriously, how do you find your way home at night? | 说真的 你这样的半夜回家记得准路吗 |
[02:55] | What…?Where-where you going? What? | 怎么了 你去哪里 怎么了 |
[02:57] | Oh, okay! Who wants to play? | 好吧 谁想跟我来一局 |
[03:01] | Eddie, come on. | Eddie 来嘛 |
[03:02] | I’ll tell you what.I’ll hit myself in the head with a rock. | 要不这样 我用石头砸下脑门 |
[03:04] | I’ll even it out. | 然后咱俩就智商相当了 |
[03:06] | No? | 不要 |
[03:07] | Chubbo? You can eat with one hand,play with the other. | Chubbo 你可以一只手吃 一只玩 |
[03:11] | Oh, I can’t believe this.You’re all cowards. | 真是的 你们这群胆小鬼 |
[03:16] | Hey, funny-looking kid, do you want to learn how to play chess? | 嘿 怪小孩 想学下棋吗 |
[03:18] | No, thanks. | 不必了 |
[03:19] | Come on. Look, it’s not that hard. | 来嘛 不难的 |
[03:21] | See, this one looks like a pretty little horsey. | 看 这是匹漂亮的小马 |
[03:24] | I know what a knight is. | 我当然知道马是什么 |
[03:25] | I also know how to counter a Nimzovich defense | 我还知道怎么反击尼姆佐维奇防御法 |
[03:27] | without leaving my queen’s bishop wide open. | 而不把皇后旁边的象暴露给对手 |
[03:29] | Your whole left flank was Swiss cheese. | 你左边的布局已经千疮百孔了好嘛 |
[03:32] | Hey, junior champion. Read your Kasparov. | 嘿 少年组冠军 读你的”卡斯帕罗夫”传记去吧 |
[03:36] | The second you go after my bishop, you can kiss your rook and two pawns bye-bye! | 你要敢动我的象 就跟你的车和两个兵永别吧 |
[03:42] | Oh, okay, I get it. You’re scared to play me! | 好吧 我知道了 你是不敢跟我下棋 |
[03:46] | Yeah, I’m really scared of some troll in the park beating me at chess. | 是啊 公园里有个怪物会赢我 我好怕怕啊 |
[03:49] | Evidently, you are. | 你明显害怕 |
[03:52] | Now you’re confusing fear with pity. | 害怕和瞧不上可不是一回事 |
[03:54] | Fear triggers a fight- or-flight response | 害怕的话 或战或逃 |
[03:56] | while pity allows me to turn my back and walk away with a sadness for your misery! | 而瞧不上 就是我带着对你的同情转身离开 |
[04:03] | I would’ve kicked your ass. | 我会让你大败而归的 |
[04:04] | All right, that’s it. | 好吧 够了 |
[04:07] | Couldn’t see… that coming. | 真没想到 会这样 |
[04:22] | It’s so nice to have the kids out of the… | 太好了 终于把孩子们赶出 |
[04:25] | Dewey! What are you doing? | Dewey 你这是在干嘛 |
[04:27] | Painting the wall. | 刷墙啊 |
[04:28] | What is the matter with you? Why on earth would you do this? | 你怎么回事 刷墙干嘛 |
[04:33] | The baby told me to. | 宝宝让我这么做的 |
[04:34] | The ba…? | 宝 |
[04:36] | What, this baby? | 什么 这个宝宝 |
[04:38] | It chose the color, too. | 这个颜色也是他选的 |
[04:39] | I would have gone with more of an earth tone. | 我更偏爱褐色 |
[04:45] | Listen, son, I know you’re worried about the baby coming, | 儿子 我知道宝宝的降生让你很焦虑 |
[04:48] | but you don’t have to be. | 但是这根本没必要啊 |
[04:50] | Yes, you’re not going to be the youngest anymore, | 没错 你马上就不是最小的了 |
[04:53] | and it is true the baby will get all of our attention for quite a while, | 而且这阵子我们会把注意力都放在宝宝身上 |
[04:58] | and you will have to do a lot more work around the house, | 你还要多分担家务 |
[05:01] | and probably have to share the bathroom… | 还要共享浴室 |
[05:02] | What your father’s trying to say is, there is no reason for you to be acting out like this. | 你爸想说的是 你没理由这样做 |
[05:06] | Now get this mess cleaned up. | 赶紧给我收拾干净 |
[05:08] | And the baby is not talking to you. | 还有 宝宝根本没和你说话 |
[05:10] | It said you’d say that. | 他说过你会这么说的 |
[05:18] | Draw. | 平局 |
[05:22] | Draw? | 平局 |
[05:28] | Draw. | 平局 |
[05:31] | Draw. | 平局 |
[05:33] | One more. | 再来一局 |
[05:34] | No! | 不行 |
[05:35] | It’s been four hours! | 已经 四个 小时 了 |
[05:38] | All right, all right. God. | 好啦 好啦 天呐 |
[05:40] | Who designed these damn cement benches anyway? | 这水泥凳子到底是谁设计的 |
[05:44] | Probably some stupid civil servant never made it through design class. | 估计是个设计课都没及格的笨公务员 |
[05:47] | Now he takes his frustrations out on the asses of the general public. | 自己失败就算了 还来祸害大众的屁股 |
[05:52] | What the hell is with that guy? | 这家伙到底什么毛病 |
[05:53] | He is so annoying. | 怎么能这么烦 |
[05:54] | First it’s too warm, then it’s too cool, | 先是说太热 又说太冷 |
[05:56] | then the pigeons are walking funny. | 又说鸽子走路搞笑 |
[05:58] | He didn’t shut up for one second. | 嘴巴真是一秒都不肯停 |
[06:00] | I mean, give it a try. Stop complaining. | 至少努力一下啊 别整天抱怨 |
[06:02] | No, you want to know the worst thing about him? He kept picking at his… | 知道他什么地方最讨厌吗 他老是挑 |
[06:07] | Four-nine-seven- three-six-seven… | 四 九 七 三 六 七 |
[06:09] | Stop doing that. | 别这样啦 |
[06:11] | Sorry. I’ll be back in a couple of hours. | 对不起 我几个小时后回来 |
[06:13] | Wait. Where you going? | 等一下 你去哪儿 |
[06:14] | I told you, I’m posing in Otto’s art class tonight. | 跟你说过啊 我今天晚上去Otto的美术课上当模特 |
[06:17] | Posing? As in naked? | 模特 裸体的那种吗 |
[06:19] | Yes. We had this conversation. | 是啊 我们谈过了啊 |
[06:20] | No, we haven’t. | 才没有 |
[06:21] | I remember conversations with the word “naked” in them. | 我记得交谈中没提到”裸体”这词 |
[06:24] | You can’t strip in front of Otto. | 你不能在Otto面前脱光啊 |
[06:26] | I’m not spinning my tassels on a runway, Francis. | 我又不是去T台上招摇 Francis |
[06:29] | I’m modeling at an art class. It’s a job. | 我是去美术课上当模特 这是工作 |
[06:31] | They pay $250. | 他们给我250块 |
[06:33] | Piama, I want to make sure I have the right pastels. | Piama 我的画笔没有买错吧 |
[06:36] | What color are your nipples? | 你的乳头是什么颜色 |
[06:37] | It’s all very tasteful, which is beside the point, because, guess what, | 这很高雅的 但这不是重点 |
[06:41] | it’s my body so you can’t tell me what to do with it. | 这是我的身体 你没权利指手画脚 |
[06:44] | If you’re not mature enough to handle this, then that’s your problem. | 如果你不能成熟的看待这件事 那就是你的问题 |
[06:48] | $250? | 250块吗 |
[06:53] | Everything I knew about beauty was a lie. | 我之前对于美的认识 都是谎言啊 |
[06:58] | So this morning, Dewey tried to go to school in his underwear | 今早Dewey准备穿内衣上学 |
[07:01] | because apparently the baby doesn’t like his wardrobe. | 很明显 因为宝宝不喜欢他那些衣服 |
[07:04] | The kid is driving me up the wall, and I keep gaining weight like crazy. | 这孩子快把我逼疯了 而且我的体重还在疯涨 |
[07:08] | More than a pound a day. | 每天增重一磅多啊 |
[07:10] | Nobody gains a pound a day. | 哪有人一天重一磅啊 |
[07:11] | It doesn’t make any sense. | 根本没道理啊 |
[07:13] | Ah, I know, honey. | 我懂 亲爱的 |
[07:14] | It is baffling, but look, you’ve just got to stop obsessing about this weight thing. | 这真的很难办 但别老纠结体重的事了 |
[07:20] | Let me pour you some juice. | 我给你倒点果汁 |
[07:21] | I don’t want any juice, Hal. | 我不想喝果汁 Hal |
[07:22] | I know what’s going on. | 我知道是怎么回事 |
[07:24] | – You do? – Of course I do. I’m not an idiot. | – 你知道 – 当然知道 我又不傻 |
[07:27] | I-I’m sorry. It’s just… | 对不起 我只是 |
[07:28] | It’s because I’m not working. | 因为我没在工作 |
[07:30] | – Huh? – It’s obvious, Hal. | – 啊 – 很明显啊 Hal |
[07:32] | I’m not getting the exercise I got with the other pregnancies. | 我这次怀孕运动不足 |
[07:36] | With the other kids, I was on my feet all day. | 怀其他几个时 我可是整天站着的 |
[07:39] | T-T-That makes perfect sense. | 这 这就说得通了 |
[07:41] | Celery stick? | 吃点芹菜杆吧 |
[07:45] | My system must be so screwed up. | 我的身体系统肯定紊乱了 |
[07:46] | This celery tastes exactly like bacon. | 这芹菜杆吃起来就像培根 |
[07:50] | Honey, listen to me. | 亲爱的 听我说 |
[07:52] | Don’t make yourself crazy over a few pounds. | 别为了几磅肉抓狂 |
[07:55] | You look amazing to me. | 我觉得你还是很美 |
[08:06] | No matter how big and round… | 无论你多圆多壮 |
[08:10] | and jiggly you get. | 走路摇晃 |
[08:18] | Hello. | 喂 |
[08:19] | Hi, Mom. | 嗨 老妈 |
[08:20] | Tell the baby I got the stupid pail of sand, | 跟宝宝说 他要的破沙子已经弄到了 |
[08:22] | but now the buses have stopped running so I can’t get home. | 但现在没车了 所以我回不去家了 |
[08:25] | Dewey?! Where are you? | Dewey 你在哪里 |
[08:28] | I don’t know exactly. | 我也不清楚 |
[08:29] | Somewhere down by the pier. | 反正在码头附近 |
[08:31] | You’re at the pier?! | 你在码头 |
[08:32] | – Where? – Dewey, listen to me. | – 哪里 – Dewey 你听好 |
[08:34] | You stay right where you are. | 你待在原地别动 |
[08:35] | We’re coming to get you right now. | 我们现在就去接你 |
[08:37] | Okay, but bring another pair of socks. | 好吧 再帮我带双袜子 |
[08:39] | I stepped in fish guts. | 我踩到鱼内脏了 |
[08:42] | What is wrong with that kid? | 这孩子到底怎么回事 |
[08:44] | I’m really getting worried. | 我真的有点担心了 |
[08:45] | Let’s just stay calm. | 冷静点 |
[08:46] | We’ll get in the car, go pick up some doughnuts, | 我们现在就出发 顺路买点甜甜圈 |
[08:48] | and we’ll figure this out on the way. | 路上把事情搞清楚 |
[08:54] | Another draw? | 又是平局 |
[08:59] | Why don’t you do everybody a favor and turn that crap down? | 帮个忙 让你那烂玩意儿小点声成不 |
[09:04] | It’s not loud. | 没有很吵啊 |
[09:05] | I didn’t say it was loud, I said it was crap. | 我没说歌吵 只是觉得很烂 |
[09:10] | So, is this all you do everyday? | 你每天都是这么过的吗 |
[09:14] | Just hang in the park and play chess with strangers? | 在公园闲逛 和陌生人下棋吗 |
[09:19] | No, I also enjoy long walks on the beach and bubble baths. | 不 我也喜欢海边散步和泡泡浴 |
[09:24] | Of course, I’d have to say my greatest turn-on is honesty. | 当然 我最爱的还是 诚实 |
[09:28] | So basically, the only human contact you have | 所以你唯一的交际活动 |
[09:31] | is playing chess with people who can’t stand you? | 就是和那些讨厌你的人下棋 |
[09:34] | I hate to burst your little after-school-special bubble, but I’m not some kind of loser. | 容我打断你儿童剧般幻想 我可不是什么废柴 |
[09:39] | I have a perfect life. | 我的生活很圆满 |
[09:41] | I have a great job selling toner over the phone. | 我有份不错的工作 电话销售墨盒 |
[09:44] | I make a few calls– bing, bang, bing, it’s 10:00. | 一天打几个电话 嗖 嗖 嗖 就十点了 |
[09:47] | I’ve got the rest of the day to myself. | 剩下的时间 都是我做主 |
[09:48] | You can’t possibly make enough money doing that. | 你这工作赚的钱根本不够花吧 |
[09:50] | I thought you were a little smarter than that, Malcolm. | 你不至于这么笨吧 Malcolm |
[09:53] | It’s not about money. | 这跟钱没关系 |
[09:54] | It’s about freedom. | 重要的是自由 |
[09:55] | I am my own man. | 我自己说了算 |
[09:57] | I do what I want, when I want. | 我可以随心所欲 |
[09:59] | I don’t answer to anyone for anything, ever. | 不必理会他人 |
[10:05] | Where’s my 20 bucks, Leonard? | 我的20块呢 Leonard |
[10:06] | You said you’d have it on Monday. | 你说周一会准备好的 |
[10:08] | Yeah, I have it. It’s right here. | 是的 我准备好了 在这儿 |
[10:09] | I… you know, I was… I was looking for you. | 我 我刚才还在找你呢 |
[10:11] | You know, I couldn’t find you, | 但没找到 |
[10:13] | and then I had some important business meetings I had to get to, | 而我还要去参加个重要会议 |
[10:16] | but here… 13, 14… | 给你 13 14 |
[10:18] | Um, uh, you take cigarettes, right? | 香烟你也收的 是吧 |
[10:21] | I quit. | 我戒了 |
[10:22] | Oh, good for you. | 嗯 挺好的 |
[10:24] | That’s so good because, you know, these things will kill you slow. | 真挺好的 因为这东西就是慢性毒药啊 |
[10:26] | Th-That’s the truth, you know, and…and the cost is… | 这是真的 而且花销还 |
[10:33] | Give him six bucks! | 快给他六块啊 |
[10:39] | Take it easy, George. | 慢走啊 George |
[10:44] | What a dumbass! | 真是个混蛋 |
[10:54] | Well, I’m afraid time’s up, everyone, but once again, let’s thank our models for their hard work. | 今天到此为止 让我们再次感谢模特的辛苦付出 |
[11:05] | Thank you. | 也谢谢你们 |
[11:07] | I’m just glad I had this opportunity to give something back. | 我很高兴 来此回馈大家 |
[11:10] | You were just wonderful, as always. | 你一如既往的出色 |
[11:12] | Well, that’s what I do. | 这是我该做的 |
[11:13] | Oh, and Piama did well, too, don’t you think? | Piama也很出色 不是吗 |
[11:16] | Francis, you have inspired me to new heights. | Francis 你把我带到了一个新的高度 |
[11:19] | See how I have captured the confident power of your torso, | 看 我捕捉到你躯干的自信 |
[11:22] | the sheer arrogance of your ass. | 还有你翘臀的高傲 |
[11:25] | Francis, come on, let’s go. | Francis 快点 该走了 |
[11:26] | I’m talking to people here, if you don’t mind. | 我正跟别人聊天呢 不介意吧 |
[11:32] | Sadly, someone’s doing this with his soul, and somebody isn’t. | 可惜啊 有些人是用心在做 而有些人却不是 |
[11:39] | – Hi, Mom. – Hi, Dewey. | – 嗨 老妈 – 嗨Dewey |
[11:45] | You get in that house right now, mister! | 你赶紧给我进屋 |
[11:47] | The baby did not tell you to drive the car. | 宝宝才没有叫你开车 |
[11:51] | Well, it didn’t exactly use the word “car.” | 好吧 他的确没提到”车” |
[11:52] | It called it a “go machine,” but that’s what it meant. | 他说的是”会动的机器” 但他就是这个意思 |
[11:55] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[11:56] | Somebody had a birthday at the office, | 办公室有人过生日 |
[11:57] | and nobody ate it because it’s “fat-free”. | 但是大家都不喜欢吃”脱脂的” |
[11:59] | How come it doesn’t say “happy birthday” or anything? | 蛋糕上怎么没写”生日快乐”之类的 |
[12:02] | Well, you know, office politics, | 你懂的 办公室政治嘛 |
[12:04] | but you wouldn’t believe how PC some of these jerks can get. | 这些家伙脑筋死得很呢 |
[12:12] | *You’re lovely* | *你如此可爱* |
[12:15] | *With your smile so warm* | *笑容让人温暖* |
[12:17] | *And your cheeks so soft* | *脸颊那么柔软* |
[12:19] | *There is nothing for me but to love you* | *我别无选择 爱上你* |
[12:24] | *Just the way you look tonight* | *爱上今晚的你* |
[12:28] | *You’re lovely* | *你如此可爱* |
[12:31] | *Never, never change* | *永远 不要改变* |
[12:33] | *Keep that breathless charm* | *那令人窒息的魅力* |
[12:35] | *Won’t you please arrange it?* | *请你一直这样好吗* |
[12:37] | *Cause I love you* | *因为我真的爱你* |
[12:40] | *Just the way you look tonight.* | *爱上今晚的你* |
[12:43] | Look at this. | 你看啊 |
[12:45] | I’m looking. | 我看着呢 |
[12:48] | You’re really improving, | 你厉害了很多嘛 |
[12:48] | You’ve stop making the room noises when you moving your pieces. | 下棋的时候终于不发怪声了 |
[12:52] | Hey, Leonard. | 嘿 Leonard |
[12:53] | Oh, you gotta see this. | 你来看 |
[12:57] | Physically hurts, doesn’t it? | 很蛋疼 对不 |
[12:59] | Listen, I was talking to this guy I know. | 我刚才和熟人聊了几句 |
[13:01] | I got you a job interview. | 给你搞到个面试机会 |
[13:02] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你这是什么意思 |
[13:04] | You are a miserable person. | 你就是个悲剧 |
[13:06] | You barely have a job, | 你没有正经工作 |
[13:07] | and you’re completely disfunctional when it comes to communicating with people. | 而且你完全不知道怎么与别人交流 |
[13:11] | And that’s my fault? | 这还是我的错啊 |
[13:12] | It’s not everyone else in the world? | 其他人就没错吗 |
[13:14] | It doesn’t have to be like that. | 你可以有其他选择啊 |
[13:16] | If you have a job where you’re around people, | 如果你的工作经常接触人群 |
[13:18] | you can get used to each other and maybe turn things around. | 你就会习惯他人的 或许能改变现状 |
[13:22] | Forget it. | 算了吧 |
[13:23] | I’m not wasting my time on some stupid job interview | 我才不要为了愚蠢的面试浪费时间 |
[13:25] | because you have some desperate need to save yourself through me. | 你不过是想通过帮我拯救你自己 |
[13:29] | Why don’t you invest some of that neurotic energy in confronting your own fear of failure? | 你该把你的敏感劲儿用在克服失败的恐惧上 |
[13:34] | Oh, goodness, the clouds have parted, | 天呐 乌云散开了 |
[13:36] | and I can now commit to a new life, | 我现在可以开始新的人生 |
[13:39] | thanks to your Oprah-esque psychological insights. | 多亏了你这奥普拉般的心灵鸡汤啊 |
[13:43] | And now you’re trying to | 你这是想 |
[13:44] | invalidate the real issue by dancing around it with what you think is clever wordplay. | 靠卖弄文字来逃避关键问题 是吧 |
[13:51] | Screw this. | 算了 |
[13:52] | I’ll play you for it. | 我们来赌一局吧 |
[13:55] | Why bother? We draw every game. | 何必呢 我们总是平局 |
[13:56] | Not this time. | 这次不会了 |
[13:57] | Fine, but if you don’t win, you never bring this crap up again. | 好吧 但如果你输了 以后不许再提这破事 |
[14:01] | You’re on. | 一言为定 |
[14:15] | Where’s my money, Leonard? | 我的钱呢 Leonard |
[14:17] | George, uh, I got it, uh, just the other… | George 钱我有的 只是另一个人 |
[14:24] | Run! | 跑 |
[14:28] | So, how much does this job pay? | 这工作能赚多少 |
[14:32] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[14:33] | Can u hold these for a second? | 你能帮我拉一下吗 |
[14:35] | Sure. | 好 |
[14:41] | What’s this for anyway? | 这是要干嘛 |
[14:42] | You’ll see. | 马上就知道了 |
[14:48] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吗 |
[14:49] | It wasn’t my idea. | 我也不想的 |
[14:51] | The baby told me to. | 是宝宝教唆我的 |
[14:52] | Wait a minute– Mom’s baby? | 等一下 老妈肚子里的宝宝吗 |
[14:55] | – You think Mom’s baby talks to you? – Yes! | – 你觉得宝宝在跟你说话 – 是啊 |
[14:58] | It’s telling me to do all these crazy things. | 这些疯狂的事情都是他叫我做的 |
[15:01] | Let me give you a little advice. | 我给你个建议 |
[15:03] | You’ve got to ignore the voices. | 你要无视他的声音 |
[15:05] | They are not on your side. | 他们绝对是在害你 |
[15:06] | And you never tell anyone about them– especially your teachers. | 千万别告诉任何人 尤其是老师 |
[15:09] | They get panicky for no reason. | 他们会莫名其妙地开始慌张 |
[15:12] | You understand? | 懂了吗 |
[15:13] | – I think so. – Attaboy. | – 大概吧 – 好样的 |
[15:15] | You’re going to be okay. | 会好起来的 |
[15:16] | Ow! | 噢 |
[15:19] | This is a terrible idea. | 这是个馊主意 |
[15:21] | No, this is just what you need. | 这正是你现在需要的 |
[15:23] | Remember? A job, people, a life. | 记得吗 工作 人群 生活 |
[15:26] | But why here? | 为什么是这里 |
[15:27] | Because this is the only guy I know | 我就认识这么一个 |
[15:28] | that would trade an interview for a Hong Kong Phooey lunch box. | 肯用”酷狗”饭盒换面试机会的人 |
[15:31] | Greetings, Earthlings. | 你们好啊 地球公民们 |
[15:36] | You’ve got to be kidding me. | 你跟我开玩笑呢吧 |
[15:37] | Trust me, I know it’s gonna be hard. | 相信我 我知道这不容易 |
[15:40] | But you can keep your mouth shut for five minutes with this guy, you are home free. | 但是你只要忍住五分钟不还嘴 就胜利在望了 |
[15:44] | I’m waiting, princess. | 我等着呐 公主殿下 |
[15:53] | My resume. | 我的简历 |
[15:55] | Forget this. | 别管什么简历 |
[15:57] | You can’t learn anything from a resume. | 简历什么都证明不了 |
[16:00] | So, tell me about your employment history. | 聊聊你之前的工作经历吧 |
[16:05] | – Well, I… – Interesting. | – 好吧 我 – 有意思 |
[16:07] | You know, I like to think of Lucky Aide as a kind of family, | 我把”幸福好帮手”看作一个家庭 |
[16:12] | and in this family I’d be your father | 在这个家里 我就是你的爸爸 |
[16:15] | and as a father, | 作为你爸 |
[16:16] | there might be things I might ask of you that don’t make sense, | 我可能会让你做些莫名其妙的事 |
[16:19] | but you do it because I’m your father. | 但照做就是 因为我是你爸 |
[16:22] | No sassing back, just do it. | 不许顶嘴 只能服从 |
[16:25] | Understand? | 懂了吗 |
[16:30] | Think so. | 应该吧 |
[16:31] | Now, who are you in this family? | 你觉得你在家庭中是什么角色 |
[16:34] | Are you the second cousin? | 你是二表哥吗 |
[16:37] | Or maybe the kooky aunt? | 还是古怪的姨妈呢 |
[16:45] | Well, you know, I’ve always kind of seen myself | 我觉得自己是个 |
[16:48] | in the role of the younger brother– eager to learn. | 爱学习的小弟弟 |
[16:53] | I never had a brother. | 我没弟弟 |
[16:59] | Well, I’m here. | 我来了 |
[17:00] | We can get started in a moment. | 马上就可以开始了 |
[17:02] | Francis, I-I didn’t call you. | Francis 我没打你电话啊 |
[17:05] | Yes, I noticed. | 没错 我注意到了 |
[17:07] | I can’t do your job and mine, Gloria. | 我不能兼顾咱俩的工作 下次注意 Gloria |
[17:10] | What? There’s no Camembert? | 什么 没有卡蒙贝尔奶酪 |
[17:11] | You expect me to have my wine without any Camembert? | 你让我不吃卡蒙贝尔奶酪 光喝酒吗 |
[17:14] | That ruins my entire aesthetic. | 这不是毁我的审美嘛 |
[17:16] | – Francis… – Forget it. I’ll work without cheese. | – Francis – 算了 直接开工吧 |
[17:22] | Who is this? | 他是谁 |
[17:23] | That’s Jeremy, our model for the evening. | Jeremy 今晚的模特 |
[17:25] | That’s why I didn’t call you. | 所以我才没叫你 |
[17:27] | Francis, we have already sketched your fabulous haunches, | Francis 你惊艳的翘臀我们已经勾画过了 |
[17:31] | and now it is time for us to examine the interplay of light and shadow on Jeremy’s love handles. | 现在我们要体验光影交织在Jeremy那”游泳圈”上的效果了 |
[17:38] | That’s it? | 就这样 |
[17:40] | That’s how it ends? | 就这么结束了吗 |
[17:41] | You just casually discard me like yesterday’s fish? | 你们要把我像臭鱼似的丢出去吗 |
[17:45] | After you’ve sucked out the essence of my soul? | 你们已经榨干我的灵魂了 是吗 |
[17:47] | Francis, please, try to understand. | Francis 拜托 请理解我们 |
[17:49] | No, I don’tunderstand! | 我理解不了 |
[17:51] | I let you see every color in the spectrum of my being, and you have rejected it! | 我让你们看个够 你们还不愿意了 |
[17:56] | Someday, you’ll realize what you turned your back on, | 你们终会意识到自己放弃了什么 |
[17:59] | and you will curse yourself for your banality and your shortsightedness, | 你们会怨恨自己当初的陈腐和不识货 |
[18:03] | but by then it will be too late because I will be gone! | 但为时已晚 因为我早已走远 |
[18:09] | Yes, gone! | 老子说走就走 |
[18:19] | Um… can I have my robe? | 呃 麻烦把袍子给我 |
[18:24] | Craig’s been yammering nonstop for almost an hour. | Craig已经喋喋不休地说了一个小时了 |
[18:26] | He even made Leonard follow him into the bathroom, | 他甚至让Leonard跟他一起上厕所 |
[18:28] | but Leonard’s tough. | 但Leonard挺过来了 |
[18:30] | Now, let’s talk about respect– not self-respect but respect for one’s superiors. | 我们再来谈谈尊重 不是自重 而是尊重上司 |
[18:37] | Now I remember a time… think quick! | 我记得有一次 反应要快 |
[18:40] | That’s just a little management test I came up with | 这是我想到的一个管理层测试 |
[18:43] | to see whether you’re the type of person who confronts problems head-on or avoids them. | 看看你是迎难而上的人 还是逃避问题的人 |
[18:48] | Which one were you? | 你觉得自己是哪一种 |
[18:54] | – Both. – Good. | – 两者兼有 – 很好 |
[19:06] | And I see that you have no spine. | 你还真是没骨气啊 |
[19:10] | Welcome aboard. | 欢迎加入 |
[19:11] | Come back in a hour and we’ll get you a trainee vest and a nametag. | 一小时后回来 发实习背心和名签 |
[19:16] | Congratulations. I knew you could do it. | 恭喜你 我知道你可以的 |
[19:19] | Oh, my God, that guy is an idiot. | 天呐 那人真是个白痴啊 |
[19:22] | You only had to do an interview with him. | 你还只是跟他面试而已 |
[19:24] | Trying having dinner with that jackass and his stupid cat. | 跟这笨蛋和他的傻猫吃顿饭试试 |
[19:27] | The cat can’t be any stupider than this guy. | 猫都比他聪明 |
[19:29] | This moron just tried to use a Barbie doll to explain the hygiene procedures. | 这蠢货想用芭比娃娃给我示范卫生程序呢 |
[19:35] | Brother, huh? | 兄弟 哈 |
[19:36] | I think I’ll stay an only child, thank you. | 我还是当独子算了 谢你了 |
[19:51] | Mom! Dad! | 老爸老妈 |
[19:54] | Dewey Dewey. | |
[20:00] | Oh, right. | 好吧 |
[20:05] | I have had it with you, Dewey. | 我真是受够你了 Dewey |
[20:07] | I have enough on my mind without having to deal with this! | 我已经够烦的了 还要帮你善后 |
[20:10] | – But the baby says… – Listen to me. | – 但是宝宝说 – 听我说 |
[20:12] | That baby is not talking to you. | 宝宝根本没跟你说话 |
[20:14] | Honey, just try to calm down, okay? | 亲爱的 冷静点 好吗 |
[20:15] | I’ll make you some tea. | 我给你泡杯茶 |
[20:16] | You have to stop using this as an excuse to get attention | 你不要再利用宝宝来换别人的关心了 |
[20:19] | because it is not going to work! | 因为这样没用 |
[20:22] | Now, I don’t want to hear another word about you talking to that baby, understand? | 不许你再说什么宝宝跟你说话了 听到没 |
[20:26] | The baby says to turn around. | 宝宝让你转头 |
[20:27] | What? | 什么 |
[20:34] | Hal Hal. | |
[20:35] | Well, you don’t take yours with maple syrup? | 你喝茶都不加枫糖浆的吗 |
[20:39] | Craig was pretty upset. | Craig很生气 |
[20:41] | He wouldn’t come out of the photo booth for two hours. | 他在照相亭待了两个小时不肯出来 |
[20:45] | Where’s Leonard? | Leonard去哪儿了 |
[20:46] | Has anyone seen Leonard? | 有人见过Leonard吗 |
[20:47] | He told me to give this to you. | 他让我把这个给你 |
[20:50] | “Malcolm, I moved away, | “Malcolm 我搬走了 |
[20:54] | but I want to thank you for confirming everything I said about people being giant jackasses.” | 之前我说人们都是大笨蛋 谢谢你赞同我的说法” |
[20:59] | “One day you’ll understand. People like us will never belong.” | “有一天你会明白 我们这样的人 永远是格格不入的” |
[21:05] | What does he mean, “people like us”? | 什么叫”我们这样的人” |
[21:10] | What? | 怎么了 |
[21:11] | I hate when you do that. | 我最讨厌你这样 |
[21:13] | If you have something to say, just say it. | 如果你有话想说 就直说啊 |
[21:15] | That is so annoying. | 这样很讨厌好不好 |