时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | No more junk food! | 不准再吃垃圾食品 |
[00:03] | From now on we are going to be a family that eats healthy. | 从现在起我们全家要吃有益健康的东西 |
[00:35] | Brownie? | 布朗尼 |
[01:10] | I have my first college visit coming up. | 我的第一次大学参观日快要到了 |
[01:13] | I get to stay overnight in a dorm, tour the campus | 我要在宿舍过夜 参观校园 |
[01:15] | and spend 18 hours pretending my family doesn’t exist. | 可以远离我的家人整整18个小时 |
[01:18] | I actually skipped all the way to school today. | 我今天几乎是跳着舞到学校的 |
[01:21] | I probably should’ve stopped once I passed the football field… | 不过经过足球场的时候可能停了一下 |
[01:23] | but who cares? | 但是没人发现 |
[01:24] | My body may have been stuffed in a trash can, | 就算我被扔进垃圾桶 |
[01:26] | but my mind was taking a shower with a college chick. | 我的脑海里还是能幻想和女大学生一起洗澡的情景 |
[01:28] | Come on, there’s tons of reasons to go out with a guy like me. | 拜托 我可以给你一百个理由跟我出去约会 |
[01:30] | To make your dad mad, or your boyfriend jealous. | 搞疯你老爸 让你的男朋友嫉妒 |
[01:33] | Maybe you just hate yourself, or have a sick curiosity. | 也许你只是有些自暴自弃 或者有变态的好奇心 |
[01:36] | I don’t know, I can’t do all the work for you! | 我不晓得 我又不能帮你们想通这件事 |
[01:40] | I thought at least I had a chance with the fat ride. | 我以为起码能约到那个肥妞 |
[01:42] | Did you actually call her that? | 你真那么叫她了 |
[01:44] | Hey, I didn’t make her fat. | 又不是我让她长那么肥 |
[01:49] | Who is that? | 那是谁 |
[01:50] | That’s Christie. She’s the new narc. | 她是Christie 新来的缉毒刑警 |
[01:53] | We have a new narc ? What happened to to druggie Dougie ? | 新来的 原来的瘾君子Dougie呢 |
[01:55] | He got served divorce papers in history class. | 上历史课的时候他收到了离婚协议 |
[01:58] | Aw, come on, she’s so cute ! She’s a narc? | 奥 拜托 她长得真可爱 怎么会是个条子 |
[02:02] | Hey, papers? Anyone got papers? | 嘿 有货吗 你们谁有货 |
[02:04] | Hey, papers? Anybody got papers? | 嘿 有货吗 你们谁有货 |
[02:07] | Do you even know anyone who does drugs? | 你有认识谁嗑药吗 |
[02:09] | Why are you asking me? I don’t have any friends. | 问我干吗 我又没朋友 |
[02:13] | But sometimes, I do have brilliant ideas. | 但是有的时候 我有好点子 |
[02:16] | Where are you going? | 你干嘛去 |
[02:17] | Malcolm, I live in a world of what the hells. | Malcolm 我从没有在乎过为什么 |
[02:25] | oh, man, I am so… | 哦 天哪 我有点 |
[02:31] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[02:37] | You can’t do this to me! | 你们不能这样对我 |
[02:38] | Dad’s supposed to take me, not you! | 应该是老爸带我去 不是你 |
[02:41] | Malcolm, this is your first visit to a university. | Malcolm 这是你第一次参观大学校园 |
[02:43] | Your father and I talked it over and we both agreed. | 我和你爸商量过了 我们都同意 |
[02:46] | This is a big deal. And we don’t want to blow it. | 这不是一件小事 我们可不想搞砸了 |
[02:48] | If I come along,I can make sure | 我跟你一起去 可以保证 |
[02:50] | that you don’t say or do anything that you shouldn’t. | 你不会做出什么傻事 |
[02:52] | I can take a little of the pressure off you. | 我可以帮你分担一些压力 |
[02:55] | Wait a second, | 慢着 |
[02:56] | you guys are talking about college for malcolm and not me? | 你们在讨论Malcolm上大学的事 那我呢 |
[02:59] | I’m a year older than he is. | 我比他还大一岁 |
[03:01] | Why aren’t you taking me to look at colleges? | 你们怎么不带我去参观大学校园 |
[03:05] | Well, son… | 这个 孩子 |
[03:08] | I’m just screwing with you, relax. | 糊弄你们呢 放轻松 |
[03:13] | Dewey, dinner. | Dewey 吃饭了 |
[03:17] | I guess he’ll eat it cold again. | 估计他又吃不上热饭了 |
[03:53] | What the hell are you doing back here?! | 你怎么又来了 |
[03:55] | The pianos are for paying customers only! | 钢琴是给要买的顾客用的 |
[03:57] | You’re wearing out the keys! | 你把钢琴键都用旧了 |
[04:02] | I’m not going to buy you a piano. | 我是不会给你买钢琴的 |
[04:05] | You’ve never even had lessons. | 你都没上过课 |
[04:06] | I don’t need lessons. I already know how to play. | 我不需要上课 我已经会弹了 |
[04:09] | I’m great. Look. | 我弹得很棒 看 |
[04:12] | That’s very cute, Dewey, but we can’t afford a piano. | 真可爱 但是Dewey 我们买不起钢琴 |
[04:16] | Do you know how close my company is to going out of business? | 我的公司都快倒闭了 |
[04:19] | They’re selling our office furniture | 他们把办公桌都卖了 |
[04:20] | and forcing us to have desk buddies. | 现在我们得跟别人共用一个桌子 |
[04:24] | Dad, you don’t know me very well, | 老爸 你不理解我 |
[04:26] | but you couldn’t have missed | 但是你不得不承认 |
[04:27] | the fact that I’m having a horrible childhood. | 我有一个可悲的童年 |
[04:29] | Now there’s a chance for you to make it suck a little less. | 现在是你弥补的好机会 |
[04:32] | I said no. End of discussion. | 我说了不 谈话到此结束 |
[04:35] | Now you’re just going to | 你最好再去 |
[04:36] | have to find some other way to amuse yourself. | 找另一个娱乐的方式 |
[04:49] | I don’t understand it ! | 我真不明白了 |
[04:51] | I told all the guests about my hayride for lovers | 我跟所有的顾客都说了周五晚上 |
[04:54] | on friday night, and no one signed up. | 情侣大篷车的活动 但是还是没人报名 |
[04:56] | Well, most of the guests have children. | 可能因为 大部分客人都有小孩 |
[04:58] | They can’t just abandon them to go on a couples-only hayride. | 她们可不能把孩子撇一边来参加情侣活动 |
[05:01] | We’re only allowing couples. Ah, well, then there– | 我们只允许情侣参加 啊 有了 |
[05:03] | there is the solution. | 有解决办法了 |
[05:05] | We will start a child care center. | 我们可以成立一个儿童看护中心 |
[05:08] | Oh, Otto, I don’t think… | 哦 Otto 我觉得 |
[05:10] | it will be wonderful. | 这主意不错 |
[05:11] | We will have posture contests, | 我们可以做一些小游戏 |
[05:13] | and I can show them slides of my childhood | 还可以给他们看我在战后德国的 |
[05:16] | in postwar Germany. | 童年生活幻灯片 |
[05:17] | They will love it. | 他们肯定喜欢 |
[05:19] | Otto, as great as that idea is, I wouldn’t set my heart on it. | Otto 虽然这主意不错 但是我觉得行不通 |
[05:22] | These people came here to spend time with their families. | 这些人来这里是为了和家人在一起 |
[05:24] | They’re not just going to | 他们才不会一有机会就 |
[05:25] | dump their children the first chance they get. | 把小孩丢在这里 |
[05:29] | Can we leave them overnight? | 他们可以在这过夜吗 |
[05:36] | ..And the delivery’s on time? Good. | 准时送达 太好了 |
[05:38] | I’ve got a lot of hungry customers. | 我的顾客都等不及了 |
[05:42] | I didn’t see you. Are you ready? | 我没看见你 准备好了吗 |
[05:43] | I think you’re going to be pleasantly surprised | 等你看到我一口气能吃多少冰淇淋 |
[05:45] | by how much ice cream I can eat. | 你会吓一跳的 |
[05:46] | Look, Reese … Euuuuuh | 听着 Reese 嗯 |
[05:48] | You know, we got coffee, and we saw a movie, | 我们一起喝过咖啡 看过电影 |
[05:50] | and we went skating. | 还去滑雪 |
[05:51] | I thought hanging out with you would involve a little more… | 我以为跟你在一起玩会更 |
[05:54] | partying. | 疯一点 |
[05:56] | Don’t you have like a friend or maybe | 你没有朋友或者 |
[05:59] | someone you know of or someone you heard rumors about | 认识的人 或者听说过的人 |
[06:02] | that could help us out? | 能帮个忙吗 |
[06:05] | Hey, I got to trust somebody before I party with them. | 在跟我一起疯之前得先取得我的信任 |
[06:07] | – Well, you trust me, don’t you? – Not yet. | – 你不信任我吗 – 还没 |
[06:10] | But there must be some way a hot girl like you | 像你这样的姑娘肯定能得到 |
[06:12] | could get a desperate guy like me to trust you. | 像我这样的走投无路的人的信任 |
[06:15] | Hey, why don’t we go park by the river | 要不我们去河边公园走走 |
[06:16] | and see if we can think of something. | 看我们能不能想出点什么 |
[06:19] | I hope you weren’t hunched over like that during your interview. | 面试的时候你最好没有像这样驼背 |
[06:22] | Why didn’t you tell him about your extracurricular activities? | 为什么不跟他讲讲你的课外活动 |
[06:24] | How do you even know what I said? | 你怎么知道我说了啥 |
[06:26] | Did you have your ear pressed up against the door? | 你是不是扒着门偷听来着 |
[06:28] | You should be less concerned about what I did | 你能不能别那么在乎我在干什么 |
[06:29] | and a little bit more concerned about your own performance. | 而更加注意自己的表现 |
[06:31] | And next time say “Bless you” when he sneezes. | 下次别人打喷嚏的时候记得说 祝福你 |
[06:33] | These people are looking for any excuse not to like you. | 这些人在给你挑毛病 |
[06:36] | All right, 230. | 到了 230 |
[06:38] | You walked me to my dorm room, you chose my lunch, | 你送我到宿舍 帮我选午饭 |
[06:40] | you tucked in my shirt in the middle of orientation. | 指导会中间帮我塞好了衬衫 |
[06:43] | Now will you please just leave? | 现在你能走了吧 |
[06:45] | Why are you in such a hurry to get rid of me? | 你干嘛这么急着赶我走 |
[06:46] | Because I’m supposed to be doing this stuff on my own. | 因为我现在可以自己做这些事情了 |
[06:49] | I’m just here to make sure you do it on your own the right way. | 我来这是为了保证你做对了 |
[06:54] | Hi. Are you Malcolm? Yeah. | 嗨 你是Malcolm吗 是 |
[06:56] | I’m Paula. And this is Andrea and Scott. | 我是Paula 这是Andrea和Scott |
[06:59] | I guess we’re all going to be roommates tonight. | 看样子我们今晚要做室友了 |
[07:01] | – Cool. Well, I’ll put my bags… – Excuse me. | – 不错 我把我的包放在 – 打扰一下 |
[07:03] | You mean you boys and you girls are staying in the same room? | 你是说男生和女生要混住 |
[07:06] | Yeah. It’ll be just like really being in college. | 是的 就像在真正的大学里一样 |
[07:13] | There ! | 好了 |
[07:13] | Now we’ll all have the same version of what happened here. | 我们就会都知道这里发生了什么 |
[07:19] | That’s exactly what I would have done, Lois. | 要我也会那么做的 Lois |
[07:21] | Yep. Camped out in the room. | 对 在房间里搭个床 |
[07:24] | You didn’t happen to take the oven timer, did you? | 你没有不小心把烤箱计时器也带走了吧 |
[07:26] | I can’t understand this… | 我真不明白了 |
[07:28] | all week stuff has been disappearing right from under my nose. | 这一整个礼拜所有东西都会在我眼皮底下消失 |
[07:31] | It’s like I put something down, and then it’s just gone. | 我刚放下 就不见了 |
[07:35] | No, it’s not even anything worth stealing. | 不 都是不值得偷的东西 |
[07:37] | It’s as if someone is trying to make me crazy on purpose. | 好像有人想故意整我似的 |
[07:40] | You’re probably right. I love you, too. | 也许你是对的 我也爱你 |
[07:43] | Bye. | 拜 |
[07:47] | What the…? | 开什么玩笑 |
[07:59] | Can I please have some more lemonade? | 可以给我点柠檬水吗 |
[08:01] | What a wonderfully polite little boy. | 真是个懂礼貌的好孩子 |
[08:04] | Please, take a sewing kit | 送你一个针线包 |
[08:06] | and a small moisturizer. | 还有润肤露小样 |
[08:09] | Otto, none of the parents showed up for the hayride. | Otto 没有一个父母参加了干草车巡游 |
[08:11] | Their kids are here. | 他们的孩子还在这 |
[08:12] | It’s so weird. Nobody’s answering their phones, | 真奇怪 也没人接电话 |
[08:14] | so I went by all their rooms. They all have “Do not disturb”… | 我去他们的房间找过 都挂着请勿打扰的牌子 |
[08:20] | I guess I better go get a pep talk ready | 看样子我得准备个发言稿来给 |
[08:21] | for housekeeping in the morning. | 明早打扫房间的服务员打气 |
[08:28] | Mom, what are you doing with my underwear?! | 妈 你拿我的内裤做什么 |
[08:31] | You had it all crammed up there in the corner. | 你这样里乱塞都弄皱了 |
[08:32] | Wrinkled clothes are the sign of a disorganized mind. | 衣服不整齐生活也没有条理 |
[08:35] | So then I took a guided | 我跟旅行团去了 |
[08:36] | tour of the plaza de espana in Barthelona. | 巴塞隆那的西班牙花园广场 |
[08:38] | I’m not mispronouncing it. That’s the way they say it. | 我没说错 他们都这么发音 |
[08:41] | Barthelona. | 巴塞隆那 |
[08:42] | That is so interesting. | 真有意思 |
[08:43] | I wish I was more interesting, Lois. | 我也想更有趣点儿 |
[08:45] | Do you think it would be pretentious to use the word | 你们觉不觉得在跟系主任谈话的时候用 |
[08:47] | “Legerdemain” in a conversation with the dean? | 花招这个词显得很装逼 |
[08:49] | What am I saying? | 废话 |
[08:50] | Of course it’s pretentious. | 这当然很装逼 |
[08:51] | I’m such a lackwit. | 我真是笨蛋 |
[08:53] | Relax. If you can’t be pretentious in college, | 放轻松 在大学里不装逼 |
[08:55] | – where can you be pretentious? – Really? | – 还有哪里能装逼呢 – 真的吗 |
[08:57] | So when I get to college | 等我上大学以后 |
[08:58] | it’d be okay if I called myself Antigone? | 可以叫自己Antigone吗 |
[09:00] | Of course. | 当然 |
[09:05] | All right, kid, here’s the deal, | 孩子们 跟你们说明一下 |
[09:06] | my name is Leland. | 我是Leland |
[09:07] | More importantly, I’m the R.A, | 关键是 我是宿管 |
[09:09] | which stands for resident advisor, | 就是宿舍管理员 |
[09:11] | which means I’m in charge of this floor. | 这层楼由我负责 |
[09:13] | So you’re going to have to keep the music down. | 请你们把音乐关小 |
[09:15] | Is it really that loud? | 有那么吵吗 |
[09:17] | Listen, guy, | 听着 伙计们 |
[09:19] | I can either be your best friend or your worst nightmare. | 我可以成为你们的朋友 也可以成为你们的噩梦 |
[09:21] | Now turn the radio down. | 把音乐关小 |
[09:23] | Is there a problem here? | 有什么问题吗 |
[09:26] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[09:26] | I’m his mother. | 我是他妈 |
[09:27] | I’m supervising these kids in this coed room | 我在混住宿舍看着他们 |
[09:30] | which I cannot believe your school condones. | 真不敢相信你们学校竟然会这样安排 |
[09:32] | You know, ma’am, | 你知道吗 女士 |
[09:33] | that’s not what I’m here about. | 这事不归我管 |
[09:34] | That radio is at least five dbs above the approved noise level. | 但是这收音机比规定允许的高了至少五个分贝 |
[09:38] | I’d hate to have to confiscate it or | 我不想你们的东西被没收 |
[09:40] | move on to more serious consequences. | 或者什么更严重的后果 |
[09:44] | You know what, Leland? I’ve been to college. | 告诉你Leland 我也上过大学 |
[09:46] | I know exactly how much power and authority an R.A. has. | 我知道一个宿管应该有多大点儿权利 |
[09:50] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[09:54] | Malcolm, your mom is awesome. | Malcolm 你妈妈真酷 |
[09:55] | I am so glad you brought her. | 还好你带她来了 |
[10:03] | This horn’s from Dad’s van, | 这个是爸爸车上的喇叭 |
[10:04] | and this one’s from Mom’s car, | 这个是妈妈车上的 |
[10:06] | and this one’s from the ice cream truck. | 这个是冰激凌车上的 |
[10:16] | Dewey, What are you doing? | Dewey 你在干什么 |
[10:18] | The spout fell down. I’m fixing it. | 排水管倒了 我在修 |
[10:20] | Good boy. | 好孩子 |
[10:21] | Listen, I talked with mrs. Hittelman down the block, | 我和街尾的Hittelman太太商量好了 |
[10:23] | and she said that if you want, you can use her piano. | 她说如果你愿意的话 你可以用她的钢琴 |
[10:26] | Thanks anyway, dad, but I found something else to amuse myself. | 谢谢爸爸 但是我找到自娱自乐的方式了 |
[10:29] | Oh. Well, good. | 哦 好吧 |
[10:31] | Hey, have you seen my hair dryer? | 对了 你看见我的吹风机了吗 |
[10:33] | I swear, it’s like stuff is just getting up and walking off. | 真怪了 好像这些东西都长了脚似的从我面前溜走 |
[10:37] | Either that or someone’s messing with me. | 要么就是有人在跟我恶作剧 |
[10:41] | Dad, I think I figured out what’s going on. | 爸爸 我想我知道是怎么回事了 |
[10:44] | Somebody’s sneaking into the house and stealing stuff. | 肯定有人溜进家把它们偷走了 |
[10:48] | Probably punks. | 也许是街上的小混混 |
[10:50] | No, not punks, son. Just good kids who got lost along the way. | 不能这么说 儿子 他们只是迷失了自己的好孩子 |
[10:55] | Either way, they’re going down. | 无论如何 他们要完蛋了 |
[11:02] | And then the priest said, “Those aren’t my galoshes.” | 然后那个牧师说 这不是我的雨鞋 |
[11:05] | mom is actually letting | 老妈竟然让我 |
[11:06] | me walk all the way to the vending machine | 自己去自动贩卖机 |
[11:08] | and back without tying a string to my waist. | 而没有在我腰上绑条绳子 |
[11:17] | This moment is almost as sweet as the candy you can’t have. | 此时此刻几乎比你吃不到的那些糖果还令人愉悦 |
[11:23] | Wow, denied candy. | 不给糖吃 |
[11:25] | If I were 12 years younger, | 如果我再小12岁 |
[11:26] | I guess I’d cry. | 我也许会难过的哭出来 |
[11:28] | What’s going on out here? | 发生什么事了 |
[11:30] | Oh, God, no… | 哦 天哪 不要 |
[11:31] | The snack bar is closed. | 零食店关门了 |
[11:34] | You’re denying my son candy?. | 你不给我儿子吃糖 |
[11:36] | Mom, it doesn’t matter. I’ll just go down to the next floor. | 妈妈 没关系 我去楼下买 |
[11:38] | Use of the vending machine is a privilege, | 使用自动贩卖机是权益 |
[11:40] | not a right. | 不是权利 |
[11:41] | If my son wants a candy bar, | 如果我儿子想吃糖果 |
[11:43] | he can have a candy bar. | 那就能吃得到 |
[11:44] | You don’t get to decide for him. | 你没权利替他决定 |
[11:46] | I get to decide. | 这是我的权利 |
[11:47] | Do I even need to be here for this? | 这事与我还有关系吗 |
[11:49] | Since I’m the one with the key to the lock, | 既然只有我有钥匙 |
[11:50] | I think I’m in charge. | 我想应该归我管 |
[11:56] | Come on. This isn’t over yet. | 不能就这么算了 |
[11:59] | Mom, why don’t you just put me in a diaper? | 妈 你还不如直接给我穿纸尿裤得了 |
[12:01] | One thing at a time, Malcolm. | 慢慢来 Malcolm |
[12:02] | First, we’re going to get you that candy. | 首先 我会给你弄到糖吃 |
[12:07] | …And my parents they just drive me crazy. | 我父母都快把我逼疯了 |
[12:10] | I just need to ditch reality | 我有时就想不顾一切 |
[12:12] | and escape sometimes. | 离家出走 |
[12:14] | You know what I mean? | 你懂我的意思吗 |
[12:20] | Look, Christie… | 听着 Christie |
[12:21] | here’s the thing. | 是这么回事 |
[12:23] | When I first met you, I was just messing around, | 我第一次见到你 只是想糊弄糊弄你 |
[12:25] | but we’ve gotten so close that now… | 我们越来越亲密 现在 |
[12:27] | I really like you. | 我真的喜欢上你了 |
[12:30] | I can’t keep this up anymore. | 我不能再演下去了 |
[12:32] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[12:33] | I’m not the person you think I am. | 我不是你想的那样 |
[12:35] | I’ve been pretending since the day I met you. | 我见你的第一天就是在假装 |
[12:38] | It’s so hard having to constantly | 持续地掩饰我的行为和 |
[12:39] | cover my tracks to keep my story straight, | 编造合理的故事太困难了 |
[12:42] | and I don’t want to anymore. | 我也不想这样下去了 |
[12:43] | I’m tired of living this lie. | 我不想继续活在这个谎言里 |
[12:46] | I think I know your secret | 我想我知道你的秘密 |
[12:47] | No, actually, you don’t, | 不 事实上 你不懂 |
[12:49] | but it doesn’t matter ’cause I’m done with it. | 但是无所谓了 我受够了 |
[12:53] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[12:58] | Did you get all that? | 你都听到了吗 |
[13:00] | Yeah, it looks like he’s gone straight. | 是 看样子他准备洗手不干了 |
[13:03] | So if we’re going to bust this kid, we better do it now. | 如果我们想逮捕他 最好现在下手 |
[13:07] | All Malcolm wanted was a candy bar, | Malcolm只想要块糖果 |
[13:09] | but Leland put a lock on the vending machine. | 但是Leland把自动贩卖机锁起来了 |
[13:12] | We can’t let him get away with this. | 我们不能就这么放过他 |
[13:13] | I want to go on record: I hated him first. | 你们记下来 是我先讨厌他的 |
[13:16] | This would never happen in Barcelona. | 在巴塞隆那就不会这样 |
[13:18] | Why are Americans so immature? | 美国人怎么都这么幼稚 |
[13:20] | Why don’t you just write an angry note or…or a missive | 要不等我申请到这个学校以后 你再写一个 |
[13:23] | after I get accepted? | 抗议纸条或抗议信 |
[13:24] | Look, Scott, you’ll face jerks and | 听着Scott 你以后还会面对更多像 |
[13:26] | tyrants like Leland all your life. | Leland这样的混蛋暴君 |
[13:28] | The sooner you learn how to deal with them, the better. | 越早学会如何对付越好 |
[13:31] | And no one’s chances of getting into this school | 而且这不会影响到任何人 |
[13:33] | are going to be affected. | 被这所学校录取的机会 |
[13:34] | He is going to hand over that key. | 他会乖乖的把钥匙交出来 |
[13:37] | How ? | 怎么做 |
[13:38] | I don’t know yet. | 我还不知道 |
[13:39] | But there is plenty of ways | 但是有很多办法 |
[13:40] | to force people to do what you want. | 能逼别人服从你 |
[13:42] | You can find something incriminating in their room. | 你可以在他的房间里找到违反规定的东西 |
[13:44] | You can get dirt from a bitter ex, | 你可以从前女友那里挖到八卦 |
[13:46] | or you can make a blanket accusation with absolute conviction | 你还可以做点什么栽赃嫁祸给他 |
[13:50] | and just wait for them to blurt out something. | 然后等他自己忍不住爆料 |
[13:52] | Wait, | 慢着 |
[13:53] | You use that trick on me all the time. | 你经常对我用这招 |
[13:55] | No, sweetie, that’s a different thing entirely. | 没有亲爱的 这是完全另一码事 |
[13:57] | Now, we’re gotta get Malcolm some candy. | 我们去给Malcolm弄点糖 |
[14:02] | Well, I guess I’ll be cool and popular after college. | 好吧 我想等大学毕业以后我才会又酷又受欢迎 |
[14:10] | Dewey Dewey ? | |
[14:14] | Dad! In here! Quick! | 爸 快过来 快 |
[14:16] | What is it ? | 怎么了 |
[14:16] | I just saw someone sneak out with Mom’s robe. | 我看见有人穿着妈的睡袍溜走了 |
[14:19] | Good eye, son ! | 好眼力 孩子 |
[14:31] | Everything is fine. | 万事OK |
[14:32] | Nothing in here but children, | 这里只有孩子 |
[14:34] | enjoying themselves dancing and skipping like young lambs. | 正在开心的像小绵羊一样跳舞呢 |
[14:37] | Come again soon. | 一会再来 |
[14:38] | Otto, it’s Francis. I have the dvds. Let me in. | Otto 是Francis 我拿来了DVD 让我进去 |
[14:43] | We have a slight problem. | 出了一点小问题 |
[14:46] | You know how I wanted everything to be special for the children. | 你知道我想给孩子们特别的东西 |
[14:50] | So I went to the store, | 所以我去了商店 |
[14:51] | and I got those cookies, | 买了饼干 |
[14:53] | and then I saw this old-fashioned hard lemonade, | 看见有卖怀旧版的硬柠檬水 |
[14:57] | I bought three cases. | 我买了三箱 |
[14:58] | Hard lemonade? That has alcohol in it. | 硬柠檬水 那是含酒精的 |
[15:00] | Yes, Francis, I said there was a problem. | 是的Francis 所以我说出问题了 |
[15:06] | Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? | 谁住在海底的菠萝里面 |
[15:08] | I do. I do. | 我愿意 我愿意 |
[15:11] | Don’t tell me to use my indoor voice. | 别叫我小声说话 |
[15:14] | Why don’t you use your indoor voice?. | 你怎么不小点声 |
[15:18] | I’m not just saying it, man. | 我不是说说而已 伙计 |
[15:20] | We should totally have a play date. | 我们得找个时间一起耍 |
[15:24] | Oh my god ! | 天哪 |
[15:26] | These parents trusted me with their little ones… | 他们的父母那么放心把孩子交给我们 |
[15:29] | and I’ve poisoned them. | 我却毒害了他们 |
[15:31] | What kind of a monster am I? | 我真是个坏人 |
[15:33] | Otto, you made an honest mistake, but everything’s gonna be okay. | Otto 你犯了个无心的错误 但是没关系 |
[15:36] | As long as the kids are in here, they’re safe. | 只要他们在这里面 就很安全 |
[15:39] | I’m an invisible robot! The rules don’t apply to me! | 我是隐形机器人 谁也管不了我 |
[15:46] | Well. | 哦 |
[15:47] | It’s a little early for christmas carols, isn’t it? | 现在唱圣诞颂歌有点早了吧 |
[15:50] | Leland I think we got off on the wrong foot earlier. | Leland 我觉得我们之前有点误会 |
[15:53] | Obviously, this job is very important to you. | 显然 这个工作对你来说很重要 |
[15:55] | Who knows where you could find another that commands the respect and power. | 天知道你还能从哪里找到有如此尊重和权力的工作呢 |
[15:59] | You know, it would be such a shame | 你知道 |
[16:00] | if somehow you got fired and had to go back home | 如果你被开除了 不得不回到 |
[16:02] | where your older brother and sister | 那个你的哥哥和姐姐得到了你应得的关注的家 |
[16:04] | get all the attention that you deserve. | 该多可惜 |
[16:06] | Do you really want to risk that for a 75-cent candy bar? | 你真的愿意为了一个7毛5分的糖果棒冒这个险吗 |
[16:11] | You really have me pegged… | 你还真难住我了 |
[16:13] | except for what you’re forgetting is… | 但是你可能忘记了 |
[16:15] | the lower the stakes, | 赌注越低 |
[16:16] | the greater the thrill from the arbitrary exercise of power. | 我从专制的权力中得到的刺激更多 |
[16:19] | If this were a one-cent candy bar, I’d be on the moon. | 如果只是一个1分钱的糖果棒 我会爽翻了 |
[16:22] | I happen to be a control freak. | 我正好就是个控制癖 |
[16:24] | If you get me fired, | 如果你让我被开除了 |
[16:25] | I’ll just find some other job where I can be a control freak. | 我就去找别的能满足我控制癖的工作 |
[16:27] | Kinko’s is looking for a night manager. | Kinko正在招聘夜间值班经理 |
[16:29] | Either way, | 不论怎样 |
[16:30] | I’ve already written negative-evaluation e-mails of these kids | 我已经在给这些孩子写负面评价邮件 |
[16:33] | to the office of admissions. | 给招生部了 |
[16:35] | All I have to do is hit “Send.” | 我只需要点击发送 |
[16:39] | She overloaded a wall socket, too! | 她还让一个墙上的插座超负荷了 |
[16:42] | We’re just like the bulls in Pamplona. | 我们就像潘普洛纳草原上的牛一样 |
[16:47] | Now, you. | 现在 到你了 |
[16:48] | Any freshman psych major | 任一个心理学专业的新生 |
[16:49] | can see it’s obvious life | 都能看出来显然你的生活 |
[16:51] | didn’t pound the way you thought it would, | 不像你想象的那样发展 |
[16:53] | so now to make up for it, you have to run your kid’s life. | 为了弥补这一切 你开始控制你儿子的生活 |
[16:57] | I don’t know who to root for. | 我都不知道该支持谁了 |
[16:58] | The simple truth is, you’re just too afraid | 简单地说 你就是太害怕 |
[17:00] | to let go of the one thing in your life | 而无法放手你生活中 |
[17:02] | that may be a success. | 唯一可能会成功的事 |
[17:04] | But, hey, you don’t have to take my word for it. | 但是 你不用在意我说的话 |
[17:07] | Why don’t we just ask the | 我们干嘛不问问 |
[17:08] | other mothers here and see what they think? | 其他住在这里的妈妈怎么想的吧 |
[17:11] | Oh, that’s right. There are no other mothers here. | 对了 没有别的妈妈在这里 |
[17:15] | You just cost this floor their electricity privileges. | 你的行为让这层楼失去了用电的权利 |
[17:29] | – Mom ? – I can do this. | – 妈 – 我不能这样做 |
[17:32] | – What ? – I wanted to help you, | – 什么 – 我只想帮助你 |
[17:34] | to take care of things for you, but you know what? | 打理好你的生活 但是你知道吗 |
[17:37] | I’m just not up to it. | 我不够资格 |
[17:39] | I think you should do this on your own. | 我觉得这事你得自己做 |
[17:41] | What? | 什么 |
[17:42] | It’s time for me to step aside | 是时候我让到一边去 |
[17:44] | and let you handle things. | 让你自己处理一切 |
[17:46] | Malcolm, I know you can do this. | Malcolm 我相信你可以的 |
[17:51] | Unless I missed the sarcasm, | 除非我错过了反讽 |
[17:53] | I think she meant that. | 我想她是认真的 |
[17:54] | I’ve actually been given permission to run my own life. | 我竟然得到了掌控自己生活的权利 |
[17:58] | Well, at least get my own candy bar. | 至少 能得到自己的糖果 |
[18:02] | But you know what? | 但是你知道吗 |
[18:03] | I want that candy bar more than I want my next breath. | 那块糖果对我来说比呼吸还重要 |
[18:07] | I have a plan. | 我有个计划 |
[18:12] | Malcolm, what are you doing? | Malcolm 你干什么 |
[18:14] | My plan ! | 我的计划 |
[18:15] | Well, get your foot out of the door. | 把你的脚从门上拿下来 |
[18:17] | It’s stuck. | 卡住了 |
[18:22] | By the way, | 顺便告诉你们 |
[18:23] | our madrigal group is | 明天情歌小组 |
[18:24] | having a sing-off against jazzmatazz tomorrow. | 和爵士乐小组有场比赛 |
[18:27] | You should check it out before you leave. | 你们走之前可以去看一下 |
[18:32] | All right, Jamie, | 看着 Jamie |
[18:34] | This’ll put a stop to all the stealing. | 这下应该能制止小偷了 |
[18:37] | And your father is a reasonable man, | 你爸爸是个讲理的人 |
[18:39] | but sometimes even he can be pushed too far. | 但有时候他也会被激怒 |
[18:42] | You don’t poke the bear. | 别惹大狗熊 |
[18:49] | Police! Nobody move! | 警察 不许动 |
[18:52] | We have a warrant to search these premises | 我们有搜查这所房子的搜查令 |
[18:54] | on suspicion of possession of narcotics. | 怀疑这里有私藏毒品 |
[18:58] | Nice! | 漂亮 |
[18:59] | Narcotics? | 毒品 |
[19:01] | Sir, we need you to just remain calm, | 先生 请你保持冷静 |
[19:03] | we’ll get through this as quickly as possible. | 我们很快就会结束 |
[19:06] | Weren’t you Annie Oakley in the school play? | 你不是在学校话剧里演Annie Oakley吗 |
[19:10] | Yeah! But I wasn’t very good. | 是的 我演的不是很好 |
[19:33] | My stuff! | 我的东西 |
[19:53] | Oh my god! | 天哪 |
[19:55] | All this time, you were just using me to get to my dad? | 原来你一直在利用我来接近我爸 |
[19:59] | And all this time you were selling drugs, | 而你一直在贩毒 |
[20:00] | and you never even bought us a dvd player? | 竟然不给我们买DVD机 |
[20:04] | Get him out of here. | 把他带走 |
[20:10] | Hey… doctor man… | 嘿 医生 |
[20:12] | it must be great saving people all day. | 救人性命一定很棒 |
[20:16] | What do I do? | 看我都干了什么 |
[20:19] | Play kickball. | 踢球玩 |
[20:21] | They’re going to have some spectacular headaches, | 他们会有很严重的头痛 |
[20:24] | but, uh, otherwise they’ll be fine. | 但 除此之外没有大碍 |
[20:26] | That is good news. Thank you for coming out here, doctor. | 真是好消息 谢谢你跑来一趟 医生 |
[20:29] | I don’t say anything about this, you don’t say anything | 我不会告诉任何人 你也别告诉别人 |
[20:31] | about the keys I left in your gallbladder. | 做手术时我把钥匙落在你胆囊里的事 |
[20:34] | Deal. | 说定了 |
[20:36] | So what are we going to do about the parents? | 我们该怎么对付他们的父母 |
[20:40] | Come on, honey. | 来吧 宝贝 |
[20:41] | It’s time to go back to the | 该跟你棒极了的爸爸 |
[20:43] | room with your wonderful, wonderful father. | 一起回房间了 |
[20:46] | Thank you so much. You saved our marriage. | 谢谢你们 拯救了我的婚姻 |
[20:48] | I almost forgot she was a woman. | 我差点都忘了她是个女人 |
[20:51] | Let’s go, son. | 走吧 儿子 |
[20:52] | Whoa, dad. | 哇喔 爸爸 |
[20:53] | You want to turn the volume down? | 你能小声点儿吗 |
[20:57] | It’s not a total loss. | 也不全是损失 |
[20:59] | When they took the door off the hinges, | 他们帮我把脚从门上抽出来的时候 |
[21:00] | they discovered Leland had a hot plate. | 发现Leland有一个电热炉 |
[21:02] | We all got to watch while | 我们都看着他们逼 |
[21:03] | they made him unplug it and put it in the closet. | 他把炉子拔下来放进柜子里 |
[21:05] | Don’t you worry about it, honey. | 不用担心 亲爱的 |
[21:07] | Just be glad this was our safety school. | 很庆幸这只是我们保底的学校 |
[21:09] | When we go to Yale, | 等你去耶鲁了 |
[21:10] | I promise I’ll be much more on top of things. | 我保证我更能控制一切 |