时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Mr. Hawkins? It’s Hal. | Hawkins先生吗 我是Hal |
[00:02] | Remember a few weeks ago, in the break room, | 还记不记得几周前在休息室里 |
[00:04] | when someone left the tin foil on their burrito | 有人把锡纸忘在玉米卷饼上了 |
[00:06] | and the microwave caught fire and the sprinklers went off | 然后微波炉着火了 火星四溅搞得计算机短路 |
[00:09] | and shorted out all the computers and we lost all our database for the last five years? | 数据库里最近五年的资料都没了 |
[00:14] | Yeah, well, I just thought you | 我觉得你可能 |
[00:15] | might like to know who the “Slack-jawed idiot” Was. | 很想知道这个”脑残蠢货”是谁 |
[00:19] | Dad, Dad, you need four apples, not three! | 爸 你需要四个苹果 不是三个 |
[00:21] | You only won another lottery ticket! | 你只是赢了一张彩票而已 |
[00:24] | It was Phil in accounting. He feels | 是会计科的Phil |
[00:25] | just awful about it, and I wouldn’t be too hard on him. | 他自己也感觉很糟糕 我也不想太为难他 |
[00:27] | His wife’s a bit of a drinker, | 他老婆是个酒鬼 |
[00:29] | and she’s not particularly faithful… | 她也有点不忠 |
[01:05] | I’m starving. I hope Mom has something decent for dinner. | 我要饿死了 希望晚饭老妈能做点好东西 |
[01:07] | I saw her pulling baloney stew out of the freezer last night. | 昨晚我看见她把香肠从冰箱里拿出来了 |
[01:10] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[01:11] | I stuck a bloody Band-Aid in it before we left. | 出门前我往里面弄了个带血的创可贴 |
[01:13] | Holy crap. Look at that! | 我天 看那个 |
[01:18] | Cool! A diving board! | 酷 一个跳板 |
[01:20] | Oh… my… God. | 我 的 天 |
[01:22] | This is the greatest thing ever. | 这是迄今最棒的东西 |
[01:23] | And someone just dumped it here for us to find. | 有人就把它扔在这儿等着我们找到它 |
[01:26] | We’ve got to take it home! | 我们必须把它带回家 |
[01:28] | What are we gonna do with it? | 怎么弄啊 |
[01:29] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[01:30] | But… look at it! | 但是 看看它啊 |
[01:32] | It’s… it’s got the… and it’s… up and… | 它 它有 它 高 |
[01:34] | and bounce and… and bounce! | 弹啊 跳啊 |
[01:37] | He’s right. We need it. | 他说得对 我们需要它 |
[01:42] | One, two, three… go! | 一 二 三 走 |
[01:47] | One, two, three… go! | 一 二 三 走 |
[01:51] | One, two, three, go! | 一 二 三 走 |
[01:56] | One, two, three, go! | 一 二 三 走 |
[02:01] | Aah, Jamie, this is ridiculous! | Jamie 这样不行啊 |
[02:03] | You’ll eat dead bugs out of the zapper, for God’s sake, | 你连灭虫器里的死虫子都吃 |
[02:06] | why won’t you eat your peas? You love peas! | 怎么不吃豆豆呢 你喜欢豆豆的 |
[02:09] | Come on. This is name-brand stuff. | 吃嘛 这可是名牌呢 |
[02:11] | It’s three times the price of the food I eat! | 价钱是我吃的东西的三倍 |
[02:18] | If you want to breathe, you have to open your mouth. | 你想呼吸就得张开嘴 |
[02:23] | See? There’s no reason for… | 看 没有理由不 |
[02:30] | Now you’re just going to have to eat some eyebrow, too. | 现在你要连着眉毛一起吃了 |
[02:33] | Hi, honey. | 嗨 亲爱的 |
[02:34] | Didn’t you have the same fight with him at breakfast? | 早餐的时候你不是也和他这样斗争来着吗 |
[02:37] | This is the same fight at breakfast. | 这还是早餐那回合 |
[02:39] | It’s the same jar of peas and it’s the | 还是同一瓶豆子 |
[02:41] | same stubborn little boy who is not gonna get his own way. | 同一个顽固不上道的小孩 |
[02:44] | That baby thinks he’s gonna break me. | 这孩子以为他能磨灭我的意志 |
[02:46] | But he doesn’t know who he’s dealing with, Hal. | 但他不知道他在和谁交手 Hal |
[02:48] | I’m not about to lose it with a… | 我才不会输给一个 |
[02:51] | God, how does he do that? | 天呐 他怎么做到的 |
[02:57] | One, two, three, go! | 一 二 三 走 |
[03:02] | Please, we have to stop. | 求你了 必须得休息了 |
[03:05] | I have to empty the blood out of my shoes again. | 我又得把鞋子里的血空干净 |
[03:07] | One last time. | 最后一下了 |
[03:08] | One, two, three, go! | 一 二 三 走 |
[03:15] | This is gonna be so great! | 这太棒了 |
[03:18] | This is the answer. | 这就是答案 |
[03:20] | What’s the question? | 问题是什么 |
[03:21] | I don’t know yet, | 我还不清楚 |
[03:23] | but this is definitely the answer. | 但这绝对就是答案 |
[03:29] | Would you look at this? | 你来看看这个 |
[03:30] | Jamie poured flour in the dryer. | Jamie把面粉倒进烘干机里了 |
[03:32] | Now I get to wear a loaf of bread to work tomorrow. | 明天我得穿着条面包去上班 |
[03:34] | He destroys everything! | 他什么都破坏 |
[03:35] | He’s absolutely the worst kid we have ever had! | 他绝对是我们最坏的孩子 |
[03:38] | Oh, you say that with every kid. | 每个孩子你都那么说 |
[03:39] | Let’s face it, Lois. | 面对事实吧 Lois |
[03:41] | It’s just the hand we were dealt. | 这就是发到我们手里的牌 |
[03:42] | God just doesn’t like us. | 上帝不喜欢我们 |
[03:44] | That doesn’t make us bad people. | 但这并不代表我们是坏人 |
[03:46] | No, there’s something different with Jamie. | 不 Jamie不一样 |
[03:47] | He’s not like the other ones. | 他和其他几个不一样 |
[03:49] | I’m telling you,I can see it in his eyes. | 我告诉你 我能从他眼睛里看出来 |
[03:51] | Honey, calm down. | 亲爱的 冷静下 |
[03:52] | You know what will make you feel better? | 你知道怎么让你好点吗 |
[03:54] | You take a look at him while he’s sleeping. | 在他睡着的时候去看他一眼 |
[03:56] | You know how cute he is, | 你发现他有多么可爱 |
[03:57] | with his tush all squished up in the air like that… | 獠牙都消失在无形中 |
[04:08] | Did you see him? | 你们看见他没 |
[04:08] | See who? | 看见谁 |
[04:11] | That way! | 在那边 |
[04:12] | We’re in lockdown! | 现在一级防范禁闭 |
[04:12] | This door stays closed till you hear the all-clear call. | 在我解除警报之前 不准开门 |
[04:18] | The perimeter’s sealed. | 这边已封锁 |
[04:19] | He’s not getting out this way. | 他从这出不去了 |
[04:28] | My jewelry box! | 我的首饰盒 |
[04:30] | Jamie, Mommy told you… | Jamie 妈妈跟你说过 |
[04:33] | All right, Jamie, | 好吧 Jamie |
[04:34] | you’ve had your fun. | 你玩也玩了 |
[04:36] | Now it’s time to give that back to Mommy and go to sleep. | 现在该把它还给妈妈 然后上床睡觉 |
[04:41] | Jamie Jamie… | |
[04:42] | I asked you to give it to me! | 我叫你把它给我 |
[04:50] | Would you look at this thing? | 看看这个 |
[04:52] | It’s amazing. | 妙不可言 |
[04:53] | We’ve got to come up with something really great to do with it. | 我们必须想些很棒的点子 |
[04:57] | What if we tied mattresses to ourselves and jumped off it? | 我们绑着床垫从它上面往下跳怎么样 |
[04:59] | Nah. We could do that off the roof. | 不 从房顶上就能跳 |
[05:02] | We could launch mannequins into the Prestons’ Jacuzzi. | 我们可以把人体模特装在按摩浴缸里发射 |
[05:06] | Uh-uh. It’s not good enough. | 不够精彩 |
[05:07] | We could get a squirrel to dive off it into a cup of water. | 我们可以搞个松鼠 让它从上面跳到一杯水里去 |
[05:10] | Not good enough. | 不够精彩 |
[05:12] | Not for her. | 对她来说不够 |
[05:15] | Not this old beauty. | 对这个历经沧桑的美人来说不够 |
[05:17] | Well, how about if we got a vat of Jell-O… | 弄一大桶果冻怎么样 |
[05:20] | No! It’s not good enough! | 不 还是不够精彩 |
[05:23] | I got it! | 我想到了 |
[05:25] | We take a dog, | 我们弄条狗 |
[05:26] | tie him to a bicycle… | 把它栓到自行车上 |
[05:29] | No! It’s just not good enough! | 不 就是不够精彩 |
[05:31] | Mom’s home early! | 妈妈提前到家了 |
[05:39] | You do not pinch, you do not poke, you do not bite, | 你不要掐 不要戳 不要咬别人 |
[05:42] | you do not spit, you do not eye-gouge, | 不要对着其他孩子吐口水 戳眼睛 |
[05:44] | you do not vomit intentionally on other babies! | 不要故意吐到别人身上 |
[05:49] | A lifetime ban from Gymboree! | 一辈子不准玩金宝贝玩具 |
[05:52] | A lifetime ban! | 一生禁令 |
[05:57] | I can’t believe it. | 真不敢相信 |
[05:59] | She didn’t even see the board. | 她竟然没看到跳水板 |
[06:01] | This is a sign we were meant to have this. | 这是我们注定拥有这个的征兆啊 |
[06:05] | We were meant to do something really, really great with you. | 我们会对你做些真正伟大的事 |
[06:10] | It’ll come. | 我们会想到的 |
[06:12] | We just have to be patient. | 只需要耐心点 |
[06:16] | No! | 不行 |
[06:17] | This is Mommy’s purse! | 这是妈妈的包 |
[06:17] | You can’t have it! | 你不能拿这个玩 |
[06:19] | Please, | 拜托啦 |
[06:20] | it’s the only thing in the house that’s Mommy’s! | 这是屋子里唯一属于妈妈自己的东西 |
[06:23] | Lois Lois… | |
[06:23] | Well, he has a million toys. | 他有那么多玩具 |
[06:25] | Why does he only want to take my things? | 为什么只要我的东西呢 |
[06:26] | Honey, honey, you’re taking this too personally. | 亲爱的 他没有针对你啦 |
[06:28] | He doesn’t understand what he’s doing. He’s just a baby. | 他不知道自己在做什么 他只是个小孩子 |
[06:31] | Look, if you just give it to him for just a couple of minutes, | 你就让他拿着玩一会儿 |
[06:33] | he’ll get tired of it. | 他会玩腻的 |
[06:34] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[06:36] | I guess I was just feeling that if I gave in to him, | 我就是觉得如果我让步了 |
[06:38] | he’d see it as a sign of weakness. | 他就会觉得我好欺负 |
[06:40] | – I’m going to stop this right now. – Yeah. | – 我不能再这样了 – 是 |
[06:44] | Here, sweetie. | 给你 宝贝 |
[06:45] | Mommy’s purse. | 妈妈的包包 |
[06:47] | You can have that for five minutes, okay? | 你拿去玩五分钟 |
[06:53] | I thought you said he wasn’t eating anything. | 你不是说他不愿意吃东西吗 |
[07:00] | It’s mocking us. | 它在嘲笑我们 |
[07:02] | It’s a ten-foot-tall springboard that we got for free, | 我们免费得到十英尺高的跳板 |
[07:04] | and we can’t think of a | 却怎么都想不出 |
[07:05] | single thing that’s good enough to do with it! | 能用它做点什么配得上它的事儿 |
[07:06] | I bet it belonged to some other family that went | 它之前待的那个家庭肯定都疯了 |
[07:08] | crazy because they couldn’t come up with anything to do with it. | 因为他们也想不出能配得上它的好主意 |
[07:11] | They probably just sat around, staring at it for months, | 他们可能坐在一边 盯着它看了几个月 |
[07:14] | until they finally snapped and started eating each other. | 直到他们终于崩溃了 开始互相残杀 |
[07:17] | Damn it, we’re better than this! I know we are! | 妈蛋 我们没这么差 肯定的 |
[07:19] | Remember that squashed groundhog we found on the highway? | 记得我们在高速公路上发现的那个被压扁的土拨鼠吗 |
[07:21] | We came up with a hundred things to do with that, | 我们想了一百多个点子 |
[07:23] | from the horrible to the beautiful! | 凶残的也有 唯美的也有 |
[07:25] | I miss Flatty. | 我想Flatty了 |
[07:26] | Maybe we’re just going about this the wrong way. | 也许我们思路错了 |
[07:28] | We have to think outside the box. | 要跳出框架想事情 |
[07:31] | If you were a diving board, | 如果你是个跳板 |
[07:31] | what would you want someone to do with you? | 你希望别人对你做些什么 |
[07:34] | Take me ice-skating. | 带我去滑冰 |
[07:35] | Don’t be an idiot. | 别犯傻了 |
[07:36] | That place is freezing, and it’s always so crowded. | 那地方冷死了 而且总是特别挤 |
[07:38] | Yeah, but they have good hot dogs. | 是啊 不过那儿的热狗好吃 |
[07:40] | Those hot dogs suck compared to the ones at the train station. | 和火车站的热狗比 那里的可差远了 |
[07:42] | Why would a diving board want to go to a train station? | 跳板为什么要去火车站 |
[07:44] | How should I know? | 我怎么知道 |
[07:45] | Maybe he wants to visit a relative. | 也许他想去串亲戚 |
[07:47] | Okay! Okay! | 够了 够了 |
[07:48] | Back in the box. | 跳回框架里 |
[08:11] | Jamie doesn’t have to eat his peas anymore. | Jamie不用再吃豆豆了 |
[08:13] | He can eat whatever he wants because Mommy surrenders. | 他想吃什么就吃什么 妈妈投降啦 |
[08:18] | Mommy has a tiny pony for Jamie | 妈妈有个小马驹给Jamie |
[08:21] | who wants to hug him and give him yummy candy corn… | Jamie想抱抱他 还要给他糖糖吃 |
[08:27] | Mmm, I’m delicious! | 我可美味啦 |
[08:29] | Is there a big boy who could eat me? | 是不是有个男孩能吃掉我呀 |
[09:01] | Gotcha, you little… | 抓住了 你个小… |
[09:19] | Jamie tries to kill Mom, | Jamie想杀了妈妈 |
[09:20] | and we’re the ones who have to clean it up. | 但是要我们给他善后 |
[09:22] | You want to tell me how that’s fair? | 你说说这公平吗 |
[09:24] | You gotta give that kid some credit. | 你不得不佩服这孩子 |
[09:25] | It’s the closest any of us actually ever came. | 这可比我们干的都厉害 |
[09:28] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[09:30] | Jamie wasn’t really spawned by Satan, was he? | Jamie真的不是魔鬼派来的吧 |
[09:32] | No. If he was, we’d have a way better house. | 不是 如果真是 那咱家房子会比现在好得多 |
[09:39] | You’re the one, Jamie. | 你是真命天子 Jamie |
[09:41] | Show me the way! | 给我启示 |
[09:45] | There’s a lot of things I can handle. | 很多事我都能掌控 |
[09:47] | A lot of things I’ve managed to survive. | 很多事我都挺过来了 |
[09:49] | I’d even say I’ve thrived | 我敢说碰上有些事儿 |
[09:50] | where others would have just thrown in the towel. | 其他人肯定都会认输 但我都搞定了 |
[09:52] | Yes, honey, you certainly have. | 是啊亲爱的 确实是 |
[09:54] | Now relax, and let the bubbles do their work. | 现在放松点 让泡泡施展神技 |
[09:57] | Soothing. | 舒缓一下 |
[09:59] | – Sooth… – Dad, we finish… | – 舒缓 – 老爸 我们弄完 |
[10:00] | I told you to stay the | 我不是跟你说了 |
[10:01] | hell away from this bathroom until I said so! | 你给我离浴室远远的 |
[10:02] | This is a child-free zone until further notice! | 这是是小孩禁入区 有什么别的我会叫你的 |
[10:05] | Soothing… soothing… | 舒缓 舒缓 |
[10:09] | You know what, Hal? | 你知道吗 Hal |
[10:11] | I’m done. I give up. | 我受够了 我放弃 |
[10:13] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[10:15] | Jamie wins. He beat me. | Jamie赢了 他打败我了 |
[10:17] | All those years, all those terrible things those kids have done. | 这些年 这些熊孩子们干那些事儿 |
[10:20] | It doesn’t make me stronger, it’s just worn me down. | 没有让我变得更强 反而把我拖垮了 |
[10:23] | Like termites eating away at a house, | 就像白蚁侵蚀房屋 |
[10:24] | until all that’s holding up is paint. | 啃得整栋房子只剩油漆 |
[10:26] | I’m just paint, Hal. | 我就只是那层油漆 Hal |
[10:28] | Jamie knows it. | Jamie清楚得很 |
[10:30] | You’ll do a better job than I can. | 你能比我做得更好 |
[10:33] | I trust you. | 我信任你 |
[10:35] | No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[10:36] | No-no-no-no-no-no! | 不不不不不 |
[10:38] | You can’t leave me alone with those kids! | 你不能把我一个人推给孩子们 |
[10:39] | We had a deal, Lois! | 我们谈好的 Lois |
[10:40] | You are in charge of the spiritual and emotional development, | 你负责精神和情感发展 |
[10:44] | discipline and scary injuries. | 纪律还有恐怖的伤势 |
[10:46] | I kill spiders, | 而我消灭蜘蛛 |
[10:47] | mark their heights on the door frames and supply car snacks. | 给孩子们量身高 提供点心 |
[10:50] | You walk out now and the whole system falls apart! | 你走了 整个系统都会坍塌 |
[10:53] | I can’t do it, Hal. | 我做不来了 Hal |
[10:55] | I don’t want to. I just don’t have it anymore. | 我不想 我已经没有那个能力了 |
[10:57] | I mean, it’s normal, right? | 这挺正常的 不是吗 |
[10:59] | People give up, they quit… | 人们放弃了 退出了 |
[11:01] | Lois, you listen to me. No one is as good as you are. | Lois 你听我说 没有人能像你一样棒 |
[11:05] | You took those vicious little fiends, | 你操控这些邪恶的小朋友 |
[11:07] | and you twisted and crushed them into submission. | 你把他们打垮 让他们臣服于你 |
[11:10] | And you didn’t do it because you had to. | 你那么做并不是因为你别无选择 |
[11:12] | You did it because you loved the game, and it was beautiful! | 而是因为那是你热衷的游戏 充满魅力 |
[11:15] | I just don’t have that anymore. | 我就是做不到了 |
[11:16] | Honey, yes, you do. I know you do. | 亲爱的 你做得到 我知道你可以的 |
[11:19] | You just lost your way a little. | 你就是有些迷茫 |
[11:21] | You just need to think. | 你要想一想 |
[11:22] | Think back to the first time you found that spark. | 回忆下你第一次找到灵感的时候 |
[11:25] | There’s got to be some way to remember. | 肯定能想起来 |
[11:29] | And I’m going to help you. | 我来帮你 |
[11:32] | So, here I am. | 我来了 |
[11:33] | Dad said you needed some help on something? | 老爸说你需要帮助 |
[11:37] | Francis, your father and I are trying | Francis 我和你爸在试着 |
[11:38] | to remember something, and we really need your help. | 回忆起一些事情 我们真的需要你的帮助 |
[11:41] | We’d like you to think back to your earliest memories. | 我们要你回忆下你最早的记忆 |
[11:45] | What’s this all about? | 到底什么事 |
[11:46] | Mind your own business. Just do it, will ya? | 回忆就行了 就这么做 好吗 |
[11:48] | You’ve got to be kidding me. | 你们开玩笑吧 |
[11:49] | My childhood was a nightmare! I’ve spent | 我的童年就是一场噩梦 |
[11:51] | the rest of my life trying to board up that haunted house. | 我这辈子都在努力把那个凶宅封起来 |
[11:53] | Francis, this is important. | Francis 这很重要 |
[11:54] | I really need to remember something, and I don’t know what it is. | 我真的需要你记起一些东西 虽然我不知道具体是什么事 |
[11:58] | – But… – Please. | – 但是 – 求你了 |
[11:59] | You’re the only one who can help me. | 你是唯一能帮我的人 |
[12:04] | My earliest memories… | 我最早期的记忆 |
[12:06] | It’s kind of vague. | 一片模糊 |
[12:08] | I remember we had that apartment… | 我记得我们有个公寓 |
[12:10] | I remember it being really colorful. | 我记得那里五彩缤纷 |
[12:14] | Come on, Francis, honey. Please, won’t you eat anything? | 来吧 Francis小宝贝 你怎么不吃呢 |
[12:17] | We’ve tried the carrots, and the peaches, | 我们尝了胡萝卜 桃子 |
[12:19] | and the oatmeal, the apples, huh? | 燕麦和苹果 |
[12:20] | Don’t you like anything? | 你什么都不喜欢吗 |
[12:23] | Lois Lois! | |
[12:25] | Would you like to know what your son | 你知道你的儿子 |
[12:27] | did to my director’s cut of The Eyes of Laura Mars? | 对我的导演剪辑版<神秘眼>做了什么吗 |
[12:30] | He also shaved a hole in the carpet with my new Norelco! | 他还用我的新剃须刀在毯子上划了个洞 |
[12:33] | I’m sorry, Hal. I asked him very | 抱歉 Hal 我已经很温柔地告诉他 |
[12:35] | nicely not to play with it, but he just wouldn’t listen. | 别玩那个 但他就是不听 |
[12:38] | I can’t get him to do anything. | 我管不了他 |
[12:40] | I’ve read Dr. Spock and Piaget and Eisenberg, | 我已经读了Spock医生 Piaget医生和Eisenberg医生的书 |
[12:43] | and The Language of Hugs, all these books, nothing’s helping. | 还有<拥抱的语言> 没一个能帮得上 |
[12:46] | What he needs is a little discipline. | 他就是需要教训一顿 |
[12:49] | I think he’d behave better if he just ate something. | 我以为他要是吃点东西会表现好点 |
[12:51] | Look at him. He’s just wasting away. | 看看他 就是在浪费 |
[12:54] | I’m going to give him another Hershey bar. | 我再给他一块好时巧克力 |
[12:56] | Lois, no! | 不 Lois |
[12:58] | You can’t keep coddling him like this! | 你不能这么惯着他 |
[13:00] | I am sick and tired of always having to | 我受够了总是我来当坏人 |
[13:02] | be the bad cop because you’re constantly giving in to him. | 都是因为你总是向他妥协 |
[13:05] | Okay, Hal, I’ll try. | Hal 我会尽力 |
[13:07] | You keep saying that, and then you do it again! | 你总是那么说 然后又重蹈覆辙 |
[13:09] | I’m going to be tougher with him. I promise. | 我一定对他狠点 我保证 |
[13:22] | Huh. It’s weird. | 很奇怪 |
[13:24] | I just have this vague | 模模糊糊地感觉到 |
[13:25] | feeling of you actually being a good mother. | 你其实是个好妈妈 |
[13:32] | I hate you! | 我恨你 |
[13:33] | I hate you, I hate you! | 我恨你 我恨你 |
[13:36] | I hate you! | 我恨你 |
[13:37] | Reese, this is crazy. | Reese 这太扯了 |
[13:39] | You’ve been staring at that damn thing for four days. | 你盯着这个破玩意儿看了四天了 |
[13:41] | We’re getting rid of it. | 我们要把它处理掉 |
[13:43] | No! Wait! I finally have an idea. | 不 等一下 我终于有个主意了 |
[13:45] | What is it? | 是什么 |
[13:46] | I’ll have it in a second! Just wait! | 马上就有了 再等下 |
[13:48] | It’s over, Reese. | 都结束了 Reese |
[13:50] | Once the board’s gone, things should go back to normal. | 只要跳板没了 一切就能恢复正常了 |
[13:52] | Did you know that the Newmans put a | 你知道一个星期前 |
[13:54] | statue of a naked guy on their front lawn a week ago? | Newman一家在他们草坪上放了个裸男雕像吗 |
[13:56] | We should be ashamed of ourselves. | 我们真该为自己感到羞愧 |
[13:58] | No! We are not getting rid of this! | 不 我们不能把这个处理了 |
[14:00] | Reese, what is the big deal? | Reese 这有什么大不了的 |
[14:02] | What is so special about this board? | 这个跳板有什么特别的 |
[14:07] | I think it’s my last time. | 我觉得这是我的最后一次了 |
[14:08] | Last time for what? | 最后一次什么 |
[14:10] | For anything stupid and reckless and fun. | 最后一次做那些愚蠢 鲁莽 快乐的事儿 |
[14:14] | Maybe it’s because I’m almost 18 now, | 大概因为我快18岁了 |
[14:16] | but lately I’ve been hearing this voice in my head that says, | 最近我脑子里一直有个声音 |
[14:19] | “That’s dangerous, that’s stupid. You’re gonna hurt yourself.” | “那很危险 那很蠢 你会伤到自己的” |
[14:24] | And the old voice, the one that says, | 还有以前的声音在说 |
[14:27] | “This is fun. Do it anyways. They’ll figure out how to save you.” | “这很有趣 就这么做吧 他们会想办法救你的” |
[14:32] | It just gets quieter and quieter. | 但是这个声音越来越安静了 |
[14:34] | Pretty soon I won’t be able to hear it at all. | 很快我就不会再听到这个声音了 |
[14:39] | But before it dies, I want to say good-bye to it the right way. | 在它死之前 我要用正确的方式和它道别 |
[14:45] | We’ll give it the best | 我们会给它来一个 |
[14:46] | send-off any crazy voice could ever ask for. | 任何疯狂声音都梦寐以求的最好的告别 |
[14:49] | I’d do it for mine. | 我会为自己而做 |
[14:52] | And then, right around the time | 然后就到我开始 |
[14:53] | I was starting to walk, there was some kind of… | 走路的那段时间了 那里有 |
[14:56] | Ah… I don’t know. Let’s stop. I want to stop. | 我不知道 停下来吧 我不想回忆了 |
[15:00] | Honey, please, keep going. You can’t stop now. | 亲爱的 拜托了 你要继续 你不能停 |
[15:03] | No, I don’t want to. We’ve been sitting | 我不想继续 我们已经在这儿 |
[15:05] | here for five hours. Why are we doing this, anyway? | 坐了五个小时了 我们到底为什么要这样啊 |
[15:07] | Francis, please. I think we’re really close. Just one more time. | Francis 求你就 我们已经很接近了 再试一次 |
[15:11] | Well… I kind of remember that Frisbee game we used to play… | 好吧 我隐约记得我们一起玩掷飞盘 |
[15:18] | Okay, honey. Maybe we’ll eat later. | 好吧 那就待会再吃吧 |
[15:21] | Lois, did you see what he did in there? | Lois 你看到他干的好事了吗 |
[15:24] | He used my tennis racket | 他用我的网球拍 |
[15:25] | to smash my camera and all my lenses to bits! | 拍碎了我的相机 所有镜头都成碎片了 |
[15:29] | I still had film in it from the Us Festival! | 里面还有节日录像呢 |
[15:33] | Where is he? | 他在哪 |
[15:34] | Hal, it’s not his fault! I’m pretty | Hal 这不是他的错 |
[15:36] | sure he’s working through a limitation-anxiety phase. | 我确信他在经历一个有限焦虑期 |
[15:39] | All the literature says this is the age where he’s trying… | 所有书都说这是他这个年纪 |
[15:42] | You cannot undermine me every time I try to discipline him! | 你不能每次在我要教训他的时候就来破坏我的威信 |
[15:45] | I can’t help it. He’s so small, and helpless… | 我也没办法 他那么小 那么无助 |
[15:47] | I can’t take any more of this! It is tearing our marriage apart! | 我受不了了 我们的婚姻都要变得四分五裂了 |
[15:51] | For his own good, you have got to buckle down! | 你必须强硬起来 这是为了他好 |
[15:57] | Do you understand me, Lois? | 听懂了吗 Lois |
[15:58] | You have to find some way to be this boy’s mother! | 你必须想点办法 好好扮演母亲的角色 |
[16:09] | Hello, Dr. Sachs? It’s Lois again. | 你好 Sachs医生吗 还是我Lois |
[16:12] | I know I just called, but… my husband | 我知道我刚打过 但是 我丈夫 |
[16:13] | yelled at me again about being stricter with Francis, | 又吼我了 他让我对Francis严厉点 |
[16:16] | and I wanted to know if you could write me a note | 你能不能给我写个字条 |
[16:18] | that says yelling at him could damage his psyche? | 说明一下对他吼会伤害他的心理 |
[16:21] | It’s such a tender time for Francis. | Francis现在正值脆弱期 |
[16:23] | He’s so fragile and unformed | 他还没成熟 这么脆弱 |
[16:25] | and I just want to make sure I get it right, | 我就想确保我做得正确 |
[16:27] | but everything I do feels wrong. | 但每件事都感觉是错的 |
[16:29] | If this is all supposed to be so natural, | 如果这一切应该是一个自然的过程 |
[16:31] | why can’t I get this? | 为什么我体会不到 |
[16:33] | I love him so much and I want to be a good mother | 我这么爱他 我想成为一个好妈妈 |
[16:36] | and I know I have to be stronger, | 我知道我必须强硬些 |
[16:39] | but I just don’t think I can look in his eyes | 但我如果不给他想要的东西 |
[16:41] | and not give him what he wants. | 简直不敢直视他的眼睛 |
[16:44] | He has such a sweet little face and he’s so innocent. | 他的小脸蛋这么甜 他这么无邪 |
[16:54] | I’m going to have to call you back. | 我待会再打给你 |
[17:05] | Fire… is… dangerous. | 火 很 危险 |
[17:20] | Fire can hurt you. Fire can kill you. | 火能伤到你 火能杀死你 |
[17:25] | I will not let that happen. | 我不会让那些发生 |
[17:28] | Let me make one thing clear. I love you, | 让我说明白一件事 我爱你 |
[17:32] | and I will do whatever I have to to take care of you, | 我愿意做任何事去照顾你 |
[17:35] | and keep you safe and happy and alive. | 让你安全幸福地活着 |
[17:39] | I don’t care if you grow up to hate me, | 我不在乎你长大后是不是恨我 |
[17:41] | but you will understand this: | 但你要明白这点 |
[17:43] | I will… do… anything. | 我 会 为你 做任何事 |
[17:49] | That is how much I love you. | 因为我就是这么爱你 |
[18:18] | Yes. That’s right. It’s coming back to me; | 就是这样 我记起来了 |
[18:21] | that sense of strength and power, and purpose… | 那种力量的感觉 那种目的性 |
[18:24] | I finally knew who I was, and what I was born to be. | 我终于知道我是谁 注定成为何样 |
[18:28] | Honey, you’re back! | 亲爱的 你回来了 |
[18:31] | I knew you could do it! | 我就知道你能做到的 |
[18:33] | Mr. Fuzzles! | 毛毛先生 |
[18:36] | Thank you, Francis. | 谢谢你 Francis |
[18:39] | You can go now. | 你现在可以走了 |
[18:44] | What? What is it? | 什么 这是什么 |
[18:46] | We’ve got something for you. | 我们给你准备了一份好东西 |
[18:47] | Dewey and I finally came up with | 我和Dewey终于为你脑子里疯狂的声音 |
[18:48] | something good enough for that insane voice in your head. | 想出些带劲的好主意了 |
[18:52] | – Here, put this on first. – Roman candles? | – 先穿上这个 – 烟火筒 |
[18:55] | Well, that’s how they started off. | 一开始是这样 |
[18:57] | We decided to give ’em a little more… oomph. | 我们决定再加点料 |
[19:00] | – Do you care if you keep your eyebrows? – Hell, no! | – 你在乎有没有眉毛吗 – 当然不在乎 |
[19:02] | Okay, the fuse is timed for 20 seconds. | 那好 导火线会燃20秒 |
[19:05] | You’re gonna light it, and then get up on the board, | 你点燃它 然后到跳板上 |
[19:08] | and jump. | 跳下去 |
[19:10] | The rockets should kick in around there. | 火箭把你射到那儿 |
[19:12] | They won’t give you any momentum, but they will ignite that. | 它们不提供动力 但它们会点燃那个 |
[19:17] | Hopefully, you will land in that kiddie pool. | 希望你能落到那个儿童泳圈里去 |
[19:21] | We think that’s got a 50-50 shot of putting you out. | 大概有一半的几率落到外面去 |
[19:24] | If the roof doesn’t collapse. Or ignite. | 如果房顶不塌的话 或者不着火 |
[19:27] | And it’s all gonna be caught on that video camera. | 所有这些会被录下来 |
[19:30] | It has a direct feed to the Internet. | 录像机直连网络 |
[19:32] | You’re the featured page on GiantJackass.Com. | 你会出现在超级蠢蛋秀的专题页面上 |
[19:37] | This is more than anything I could have ever asked for. | 这比我想的任何东西都好 |
[19:40] | Nobody deserves it more than you. | 你值得拥有 |
[20:27] | Should I get the hose? | 我要去拿水管吗 |
[20:29] | Not yet. He would’ve wanted us to wait. | 等一会 他肯定也想让我们再等等 |
[20:37] | Good boy. You finished all your peas! | 好孩子 你把豆豆都吃光了 |
[20:41] | Hey, slugger. Guess what. The clinic called. | 强击手 诊所给我打电话了 |
[20:44] | They said my ass was a perfect match for your hand. | 他们说我的屁股和你的手简直是绝配 |
[20:47] | They can start the skin grafts next week. | 下周就能植皮 |
[20:56] | Reese, what do you think you’re doing? | Reese 你干什么呢 |
[20:58] | What? He loves the stuff. | 怎么了 他超爱这玩意 |
[20:59] | He goes through three or four cans a day. | 一天要喝上三四罐 |
[21:01] | I don’t know how he does it. Half a can makes me nuts. | 我都不知道他怎么能喝这么多 我喝半罐就不行了 |