时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | You flush the toilet, and I open the curtain. | 如果你冲水 我就拉开帘子 |
[00:52] | Grandma’s visiting again. | 外婆又来看我们了 |
[00:54] | Sometimes she can’t spread enough misery with just a phone call. | 一通电话已经不足以向我们传递痛苦 |
[00:57] | She must have felt a vibration of happiness | 她肯定是感觉到她这张大蜘蛛网的另一边 |
[00:59] | at the edge of her web and came scurrying down just to crush it. | 有快乐的气息 于是马上跑过来碾碎我们的快乐 |
[01:02] | The worst thing is how it affects Mom. | 最糟糕的是外婆的到来对妈妈的影响 |
[01:05] | Mom, I took 20 bucks from your purse. | 妈 我从你钱包里拿了20块 |
[01:06] | I’m never going to pay it back. | 我永远都不会还给你了 |
[01:07] | I don’t care who started it, you and your brother work it out. | 我不管是谁先开始的 你和你哥自己解决 |
[01:11] | See? It’s sad. | 看见了吧 太悲惨了 |
[01:16] | Oh! | 噢 |
[01:17] | Lois, I keep finding your mother’s teeth everywhere. | Lois 我在各种地方都能找到你妈的牙齿 |
[01:20] | Is she spitting them out or are they escaping? | 是她自己吐出来的还是牙齿自己想溜出来 |
[01:22] | She must be wearing her smoking teeth. Those are her fancy teeth. | 她肯定戴的是抽烟用的烂牙齿 那些是好牙齿 |
[01:26] | Look, I can’t fight every battle with her, | 我不能处处与她斗 |
[01:28] | Hal. I got her to smoke outside. That’s today’s victory. | Hal 我已经设法让她在外面抽烟了 这已经是今天的胜利了 |
[01:36] | Now that I have a car, I’m leaving and I’m never coming back. | 我有自己的车了 我要走了 再也不回来了 |
[01:39] | No, Dewey, please don’t go. | 别走啊 Dewey |
[01:40] | We didn’t know it was the baby’s thermometer. | 我们不知道那是婴儿体温计 |
[01:43] | It’s too late for apologies. I’m out of here. | 现在道歉太晚了 我要走了 |
[01:46] | Dewey, just name your price. We’ll do anything. | Dewey你开个价吧 我们什么都愿意做 |
[01:49] | You think this is about money? This is about respect… | 你以为这是为了钱吗 这是为了被尊重 |
[01:53] | Oh, crap. | 噢 完了 |
[02:25] | Dad, chili for breakfast? | 爸 早餐吃辣椒 |
[02:27] | Hey, Jamie ate two bowls and you don’t hear him complaining. | Jamie吃了两碗 他都没抱怨 |
[02:30] | Why isn’t Mom back from Grandma’s yet? | 为什么妈妈还没从外婆家回来 |
[02:31] | For God’s sakes, Reese, your grandmother lost a leg. | 天呐 Reese 你外婆失去了一条腿 |
[02:34] | Show a little compassion for your | 同情一下你妈妈 |
[02:35] | mother who’s stuck there taking care of that miserable hag. | 她还得照顾那个痛苦的老太婆 |
[02:38] | She’ll be back when she gets back. | 她该回来的时候自然会回来 |
[02:40] | And don’t take this out on me. | 别怪我 |
[02:41] | I’m not the one who walked into the street. | 又不是我走到大马路上的 |
[02:44] | But no one’s blaming you for this, Dewey. | 但是没人怪你 Dewey |
[02:46] | Dad, I already feel awful about it. | 爸 我已经觉得很难受了 |
[02:48] | Which is exactly what I’m | 所以我要告诉你 |
[02:49] | telling you not to do. You need to stay positive. | 你不能这样 你要乐观一点 |
[02:52] | Think about how good you’ll feel | 想想下次你过马路时两边都会看 |
[02:53] | next time when you remember to look both ways. | 那时感觉会有多好 |
[02:56] | Shouldn’t you boys be getting ready for school? | 你们还不准备去上学吗 |
[02:58] | Didn’t you hear? | 你没听说吗 |
[02:59] | They went to four-hour days. It’s shameful. | 现在每天只上4小时的课了 太可耻了 |
[03:02] | – The taxpayers won’t even support… – Forget it, Reese. | – 纳税人竟然不支持 – 少废话Reese |
[03:04] | You are not going to misbehave this week. | 你这礼拜别给我闯祸 |
[03:05] | Your mother already thinks I can’t be trusted to watch you boys. | 你妈信不过我来照看你们 |
[03:09] | Like somehow I’m going to do something idiotic and irresponsible. | 像是我会做些傻事或者不负责任的事情一样 |
[03:12] | Hey, look at this. Some kid fell asleep | 看看这个 一个小孩在联谊会上睡着了 |
[03:14] | at a frat party and another kid glued his face to the floor. | 而另外一个小孩把他的脸粘在了地板上 |
[03:19] | Can you imagine what that looked like? | 你们能想象这场景吗 |
[03:21] | Just regular old Super Glue. | 用的就是一般的老式强力胶 |
[03:22] | We’ve got a ton of that stuff in our garage. | 我们家车库就有一堆这玩意 |
[03:26] | Where do people get these ideas? | 他们是怎么想出这些鬼点子的 |
[03:32] | Mother, I was getting the door for you. | 妈 我帮你开门而已 |
[03:34] | I don’t need your pity! I’m fine! | 我很好 不需要你来可怜 |
[03:36] | No, you are not fine. You need to relax. | 你一点都不好 你需要放轻松点 |
[03:39] | If you keep thrashing around, | 如果你再一直这么折腾自己 |
[03:40] | the doctor says it’ll make your leg bleed again. | 医生说你的腿又会开始流血 |
[03:43] | Ha! Scare tactics those butchers tell you | 那些屠夫都是这么吓唬人的 |
[03:45] | so you’ll get weak and they can sell you more go-go pills. | 这样你就变得很弱 他们就可以卖更多的药给你 |
[03:49] | There… and there. | 这儿 还有这儿 |
[03:52] | I helped get her moved back in and I | 我帮忙把她送回来 |
[03:53] | spent some time in her place. My obligation is fulfilled. | 我也在她家花了时间帮忙 我的义务已经履行完毕 |
[03:56] | Have fun you two. | 祝你们两个开心 |
[03:57] | Get back in here. We are not having this argument again. | 你给我进来 我不想再为这个事情吵架了 |
[03:59] | Let him go. It’s the little one that owes me his life. | 让他走 是那个小的欠我一条命 |
[04:03] | See, even she thinks so. | 看吧 连她自己都这么说 |
[04:05] | Francis, everyone elsen in this family has either school or a job. | Francis 家里其他人不是在上学就是在上班 |
[04:08] | So you’re staying here and helping your grandmother. | 所以你必须留在这帮你外婆 |
[04:10] | I don’t need help. | 我不需要帮助 |
[04:12] | Look at him. He has nothing between his legs and he manages. | 看看他 两腿之间什么都没有 也过得挺好 |
[04:15] | If you think I’m above punching you, | 如果你认为我不会打你 |
[04:17] | – you are totally wrong. – Of course you’d hit a cripple. | – 那你就大错特错了 – 你当然会打一个跛子了 |
[04:20] | You couldn’t even get a white girl to marry you. | 你连找个白人女孩结婚的本事都没有 |
[04:22] | Stop it both of you. | 你们俩都给我住嘴 |
[04:24] | Can you go at least five seconds without screaming at each other? | 你们两个能不吵架相处5秒钟吗 |
[04:30] | – I am sick of you! – You stupid Nancy boy! | – 我受够你了 – 你这个白痴娘娘腔 |
[04:32] | You dried up old hag! If I had been driving | 你个干瘪老太婆 如果开那辆大卡车 |
[04:33] | – that truck myself… – You ought to strangle yourself… | – 的人是我 – 你应该自己勒死自己 |
[04:39] | Well, I wonder which nightmare I’m going to have tonight. | 我在想今晚我会做什么样的噩梦 |
[04:41] | “The Forest of Severed Legs” Or “Drowning in Grandma’s Blood”? | “断腿森林”还是”淹死在外婆的血中” |
[04:46] | Well, good night. | 晚安 |
[04:49] | I’m going to sleep like a baby tonight. | 我今晚一定会睡得很香 |
[04:50] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[04:51] | Nothing’s going to wake me up. | 没什么会吵醒我 |
[04:53] | Same here. | 我也是 |
[05:00] | Well… good night. | 好吧 晚安 |
[05:02] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[05:06] | What’s under your pillow? | 你枕头下藏着什么 |
[05:07] | What’s under your pillow? | 你枕头下藏着什么 |
[05:09] | I think we both know what’s under these pillows. | 我想我们大家都知道枕头下藏着什么 |
[05:11] | I guess we do. | 我也这么认为 |
[05:22] | – Good morning. – Good morning. | – 早上好 – 早上好 |
[05:23] | I feel great. Ready to start the day. | 我感觉很好 准备迎接新的一天 |
[05:27] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[05:28] | – Think I’ll brush my teeth. – I’ll join you. | – 我去刷牙 – 一起啊 |
[05:40] | Jamie, I am not kidding. | Jamie我没跟你开玩笑 |
[05:42] | You have to the count of three to eat these peas. | 数三下你给我把这个青豆吃下去 |
[05:44] | One… | 一 |
[05:46] | Two… | 二 |
[05:49] | Three! | 三 |
[05:51] | All right. But one of these | 好吧 总有一天 |
[05:52] | days you are going to learn that I am serious. | 你会知道我要动真格的 |
[05:57] | Dad, I’ve been thinking a lot about Grandma losing her leg. | 爸 关于外婆失去这条腿我想了很多 |
[06:00] | I mean, Grandma lost her leg saving my life, but she doesn’t | 外婆为了救我废了条腿 但是她 |
[06:04] | really want to talk to me, so I figure the least I can do is honor her leg. | 不想跟我讲话 所以我想至少我可以缅怀一下她的腿 |
[06:09] | You know, pay it some decent last respects. | 最后一次表示我对它的感谢与尊重 |
[06:11] | Like maybe have a funeral for it or something. | 给它办个葬礼之类的 |
[06:13] | Dewey, you just can’t do that. The leg is medical waste. | Dewey 这些你都做不了 那条腿是医疗废弃物 |
[06:18] | The hospital has to process | 医院有正规的程序 |
[06:19] | it and do whatever they do with that stuff. | 来处理这些东西 |
[06:22] | How about this? | 这样怎样 |
[06:22] | Tomorrow, we go in the garage and make | 明天我们在车库里 |
[06:25] | your grandmother a peg. You can paint it like a candy cane. | 给你外婆做跟拐棍 你可以把它涂成拐杖糖一样 |
[06:29] | No, I want the leg. | 不 我想要那条腿 |
[06:31] | You can’t get a leg, Dewey. That’s just not going to happen. | Dewey你没办法弄到那条腿 不可能拿到的 |
[06:37] | Hello, Pathology? | 你好 是病理部吗 |
[06:38] | Yes, this is Judy Green from Dr. Weiss’ office. | 我是Weiss医生办公室的Judy Green |
[06:41] | I’m calling about the | 我想问问 |
[06:42] | chop-and-drop he did Thursday on the old lady. | 他周四给一位老太太做的截肢手术的事 |
[06:44] | Listen, Dr. Weiss thinks he may have | Weiss医生觉得他可能 |
[06:46] | left his wedding ring in that leg. He was pretty hammered. | 把自己的结婚戒指落在那条腿里了 他当时喝得烂醉 |
[06:51] | Yeah, again. | 是的 不是第一次了 |
[06:52] | So anyway, we need to get that leg out of there before | 所以我们要赶在律师来指手画脚之前 |
[06:55] | the lawyers come around and do their Monday-morningquarterbacking. | 把腿从那弄出来 |
[07:00] | You know what, instead of the usual place, | 不要送到之前的地址了 |
[07:02] | just send it to my house. I’ll give you the address. | 直接送到我家来吧 我把地址给你 |
[07:06] | I don’t care if you knew the end | 我不管你知不知道那集<星际迷航>的结局 |
[07:08] | of that Star Trek episode! I didn’t and you ruined it! | 至少我不知道 但是你把它毁了 |
[07:11] | – You can’t let anyone else be happy! – Shut up, monkey! | – 你就是不想让其他人高兴 – 闭嘴 猴子 |
[07:14] | Anyone with half a brain could see the rocks were alive! | 凡是长了半个脑子的人都知道石头还活着 |
[07:17] | Both of you, stop it! | 你们两个都闭嘴 |
[07:20] | Francis, it does not matter how horribly you act, | Francis 不管你表现得多可恶 |
[07:22] | you are not getting out of this! | 你都逃不出这里 |
[07:24] | You are stuck here, so suck it up! | 你被困在这了 自己忍着 |
[07:26] | And you… you are old and injured and you need his help. | 至于你 你年纪这么大了 还受伤了 你需要他的帮助 |
[07:29] | All your yelling and viciousness does not equal physical strength. | 你大喊大叫 恶言相对 但你没有体力 |
[07:33] | You cannot bully a can of soup down off the shelf. | 你不能用恐吓将一罐汤从架子上拿下来 |
[07:36] | You cannot scream it down. You need his help. | 你也不能用尖叫拿 你需要他的帮助 |
[07:39] | Yeah, you old bat, where’s your gratitude? | 你这个吸血老蝙蝠 你的感激之心哪去了 |
[07:41] | Francis Francis… | |
[07:42] | I am not asking you to do this for her, | 我不是要你为她做这些 |
[07:44] | I’m asking you to do this for me. | 我请求你当是为了我 |
[07:46] | I am leaving in a few days | 我这几天就要走了 |
[07:47] | and I need to know she’s being taken care of. | 我要知道有人在照顾她才行 |
[07:50] | You have to find some way you can get along with her. | 你必须找到些方法与她相处 |
[07:52] | But she’s horrible. | 但是她太恐怖了 |
[07:54] | I know, I know, but just try. | 我知道 我知道 但是尝试一下 |
[07:56] | Find something you have in common, something you canagree on. | 找一些你们的共同之处 一些你们都有着相同意见的东西 |
[07:59] | I don’t think that’s possible. | 我觉得这是不可能的 |
[08:00] | For God sakes, you both have such huge reservoirs of hate, | 得了吧 你们两个都满怀怨恨 |
[08:03] | you’re telling me there’s no overlap? | 你告诉我你们没有交集 |
[08:05] | What about boy bands? | 男孩乐队怎样 |
[08:07] | Mom, you hate boy bands, right? | 妈妈 你讨厌男孩乐队 对吧 |
[08:09] | They’re making a living, give them a break. | 他们也是为了生存 饶了他们吧 |
[08:11] | You see? | 你看看 |
[08:12] | You’re not getting out of this so easily. | 你别想这么轻易逃脱 |
[08:14] | You stay here and you figure it out right now. | 你待在这 现在立马想个办法出来 |
[08:20] | Hey, Ida, don’t you hate how bossy my mom is? | Ida 你讨厌我妈这么霸道吗 |
[08:24] | Oh God, she’s awful. Always ordering me around, | 天呐 她太糟糕了 总是命令我 |
[08:26] | making me jump through hoops for her like every day is her birthday. | 让我饱受折磨 好像每天都是她的生日一样 |
[08:30] | And God forbid you forget her birthday. | 上帝不许你忘记她的生日 |
[08:32] | Then it’s martyr time for the next five weeks. | 然后就是接下来五周的折磨 |
[08:34] | And for what? Everyone knows it’s a made-up holiday anyway. | 这又是为了什么呢 大家都知道这是个胡编乱造的节日 |
[08:37] | And those stupid cards? Money in the garbage. | 那还有些愚蠢的生日卡片 花钱买一堆垃圾 |
[08:40] | Oh, God yes! What a scam. It’s like, “La-la, | 就是 简直就是个大骗局 就像是 “啦 啦” |
[08:42] | I’m old, so here’s a stupid cartoon with boobs on it.” | “我长大啦 送我一本有咪咪的漫画吧” |
[08:45] | Exactly. | 就是 |
[08:48] | No one really remembers the day they had their child. | 没人真的记得她们生孩子的那天 |
[08:51] | They pretend they do to feel important. | 她们假装记得 让自己觉得这一天很重要 |
[09:00] | I haven’t slept in two days. | 我已经两天没睡觉了 |
[09:03] | I cut school just to have some time in the house without Reese. | 我逃学就是为了趁Reese不在时在家待一会儿 |
[09:07] | I just need an hour. A half hour. | 我只需要一小时 半小时 |
[09:10] | Any sleep at all, then I’ll have a jump on him. | 能睡一下就行 然后我就可以战胜他了 |
[09:13] | You can’t win this on strength. You’ve got to win it on planning. | 不能靠蛮力取胜 需要有一套完整的计划 |
[09:30] | You saved yourself this time. | 这次算你幸运 |
[09:32] | But your reactions will get slower. | 但是你的反应速度会下降 |
[09:35] | And I’ll be waiting. | 我会等着的 |
[10:57] | Wait! Reese, wait! This is so stupid. | 等一下 Reese 这样太傻了 |
[11:00] | We’re both ruining our lives over it. | 我俩都因为这个把自己的生活给毁了 |
[11:02] | I got a “B” On my History midterm. | 期中考试我历史只得了良 |
[11:04] | I fell asleep beating up a kid. | 我在打一个小孩时睡着了 |
[11:06] | – We have to stop this. – I totally agree. | – 我们不能再这样了 – 完全同意 |
[11:08] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:10] | Truce? | 停战 |
[11:11] | Truce. | 停战 |
[11:16] | She wears a size 8 half Shoe just like me. Why, Dewey? | 她穿的是8号半码的鞋 跟我一样 怎么了 Dewey |
[11:19] | Just checking. Thanks, Mom. | 随便问问 谢啦 妈妈 |
[11:27] | Okay. Prince Charming looking for Cinderella. | 开始吧 白马王子来找灰姑娘了 |
[11:31] | That’s all it is. | 就这么简单 |
[11:39] | Grandma, hold still. I can’t re-dress | 外婆 别动 我得先清理伤口 |
[11:40] | – your wound until I clean it. – Your breath is disgusting. | – 然后才能包起来 – 你口太臭了 |
[11:44] | Do you see what I’m doing, and you’re complaining about ? | 看见我在做什么了吗 你还埋怨 |
[11:50] | I will go brush my teeth as soon as I’m done. | 我弄完就去刷牙 |
[11:56] | We are gathered here today to pay tribute to… | 今天我们齐聚一堂 向一条 |
[11:59] | a leg. | 腿致敬 |
[12:01] | A leg that saved me. | 这条腿救了我的命 |
[12:03] | But also kicked me, and stomped | 但也踢过我 经常踩我的脚趾 |
[12:05] | on my toes a lot. But that wasn’t your idea. | 但是这不是你的主意 |
[12:09] | Anyway, uh… | 无论如何 |
[12:13] | I’m sorry. I just thought once I had the hole | 对不起 我以为只要挖个洞 |
[12:15] | and the severed leg in front of me the words would comenaturally. | 把几腿摆在我面前 自然就知道该说些什么 |
[12:22] | Dad, what are you doing home? | 爸爸 你怎么回来了 |
[12:24] | Dewey, I know you need your time alone, | Dewey 我知道你需要时间独处 |
[12:26] | but I did something I think is gonna make you feel a lot better. | 但是我做了一件我觉得可以让你感觉好点的事 |
[12:28] | Actually, I’m kind of busy right now. | 事实上 我现在有点忙 |
[12:30] | I kept thinking, “There must be some | 我一直在想”肯定有办法” |
[12:31] | way I can help take little Dewey’s mind off all this”. | “能帮助小Dewey的脑袋忘掉这些” |
[12:34] | “There must be some way I can put the fun back in his life.” | “肯定有办法让我把快乐重新带回他的生活中” |
[12:38] | Of course, your mom is probably going to hit | 当然 你妈妈如果发现了 |
[12:40] | the roof when she finds out, but you just let me handle that, huh? | 很可能会勃然大怒 这个交给我来处理 |
[12:43] | Dad, what are you talking about? | 爸爸 你在说些什么 |
[12:45] | I’m talking about a lovable furry playmate | 我在说一个可以陪伴你几年的 |
[12:47] | who you can spend years with, frolicking and… Oh, my God! | 可爱的 毛茸茸的小伙伴 和你玩耍 噢 天呐 |
[12:51] | – What the hell is he eating? – What is who eating? | – 他在吃什么 – 谁在吃什么 |
[12:53] | Your dog! | 你的狗 |
[12:54] | You have him for two seconds and this is what happens?! | 你才拥有它两秒钟 就发生这事 |
[12:57] | I didn’t ask for a dog! | 我又没说要狗啊 |
[12:58] | – Who brings a dog to a leg funeral?! – A leg funeral?! | – 谁会带一条狗来一条腿的葬礼 – 腿的葬礼 |
[13:02] | – Dewey, after I said ? – You didn’t say not to, | – Dewey 我说的话你都当做耳边风吗 – 你没说过不许做这事 |
[13:04] | you just said I wouldn’t be able to! | 你只说我没能力做这事 |
[13:11] | This is me with your Uncle Vlad. | 这是我和你的叔叔Vlad |
[13:15] | This is the only picture of him sober. | 这是唯一一张他清醒的照片 |
[13:17] | And there’s Cousin Rega. | 这是表姐Rega |
[13:19] | You smile at her, she jumps into bed with you. | 你对她笑了 她就跟你一起钻进被窝里 |
[13:22] | And what’s wrong with this person? What was his moral failing? | 这个人又有什么毛病 他的道德又怎么败坏了 |
[13:24] | My dear old friend, Peter. | 我亲爱的老朋友Peter |
[13:26] | Look at him, holding a menu like he could read. | 你看他 拿着个菜单 好像他真的识字一样 |
[13:30] | Wait, who’s that little girl with you and Grandpa? | 等等 那个跟你和外公在一起的小女孩是谁 |
[13:33] | Oh, Mom, don’t you want to watch the news? | 妈 你想看新闻吗 |
[13:35] | Who’s that little girl? That’s you, you big sissy! | 那个女孩是谁 是你 你这个娘娘腔 |
[13:38] | This was the time your mother sent you to live with us. | 这是你妈把你送过来跟我们住的时候照的 |
[13:41] | What? | 什么 |
[13:42] | Come on. It wasn’t “To live” With you. | 得了吧 又不是一直跟你们住一起 |
[13:44] | It was six months. It felt like forever. | 六个月啊 感觉像一辈子那么长 |
[13:46] | We put you in a dress because you wouldn’t pee like a boy. | 我们给你穿裙子 因为你不能像男孩子一样尿尿 |
[13:50] | I don’t remember any of this! | 我一点也不记得了 |
[13:51] | And you never paid me for the food he ate. | 你从来没给过我们他的饭钱 |
[13:53] | Oh, God, what whining; “I want my Mommy. | 天呐 哼哼唧唧 “我要妈妈” |
[13:56] | Where’s my family, Ooh, you’re scaring me!” Blah, blah, blah. | “我要回家” “你吓到我了” 唧唧歪歪 |
[14:00] | What’s going on? | 怎么一回事 |
[14:01] | Francis, it was a very difficult time. Your father was changing jobs, | Francis 当时非常艰难 你爸一直在换工作 |
[14:04] | and then Reese came along. He was like a whole pack of wolves by himself. | 又怀了Reese 他自己就像一群狼 |
[14:08] | It was just too much. | 太艰难了 |
[14:09] | You were a horrible child. You tore a | 你是个恐怖的小孩 你为了从窗户逃跑 |
[14:11] | huge gash in your side trying to get out through the window. | 把自己身上撕了个大口子 |
[14:15] | That’s what this is from? | 这就是这个的来历 |
[14:16] | You cried like a baby when I tried to sew you up. | 当我试着给你缝针时 你哭的像个婴儿 |
[14:19] | I was a baby! | 我本来就是个婴儿 |
[14:21] | You dumped me off and you left me with this monster?! | 我不仅甩了我 还把我留给了这个怪物 |
[14:24] | Francis, it’s not the way you’re thinking. | Francis 事情不是你想的那样 |
[14:26] | You don’t even remember it. | 你根本就不记得了 |
[14:27] | No, but you know what? It’s good to know. | 我是不记得了 但是你知道吗 还好现在我知道了 |
[14:29] | It’s really nice to know that as a toddler, | 很高兴知道自己蹒跚学步的时候 |
[14:31] | your own mother couldn’t wait to get rid of you. | 亲妈迫不及待地想把自己甩掉 |
[14:33] | – Francis… – Actually, I should thank you. | – Francis – 事实上 我应该感谢你 |
[14:35] | ‘Cause you waited till I was 15 before you | 因为你等到我15岁了才 |
[14:37] | kicked me out for good. That must have been so hard for you. | 把我踢出家门 真是为难你了 |
[14:40] | You can’t judge me for this. You weren’t there. | 你不能这样批评我 你当时根本不在那 |
[14:43] | And whose fault was that?! | 那是谁的错呢 |
[14:44] | How did you get in here? | 你怎么在我相册里 |
[14:45] | Nobody liked looking at you when you were alive. | 你活着的时候都没人愿意看见你 |
[14:52] | Okay… what’s going on? | 好了 怎么了 |
[14:55] | Look, I got into this thing with Reese and it’s way out of hand. | 我跟Reese之前有个问题 已经完全失去控制了 |
[14:59] | I haven’t slept in three days. If you could just do me a favor, just be on lookout for Reese. | 我已经3天没睡觉了 如果你能帮我个忙 帮我看着Reese |
[15:03] | If I can get one hour of sleep, then I can have the upper hand and I can end this. | 如果我能睡一小时 我就可以占上风 结束这一切 |
[15:07] | – Okay. – Thank you. | – 好的 – 谢谢啦 |
[15:12] | Wait a minute. Why’d you say okay? | 等一下 你为什么会说好的 |
[15:16] | – What? – I mean, I just told | – 什么 – 我刚刚才 |
[15:17] | you and you said okay like it wasn’t a big deal. | 告诉你这件事 但你说好的 好像这不是什么大事一样 |
[15:19] | It seems like you’d at | 我以为你至少 |
[15:20] | least want to think about it for a little bit. | 会想想这件事儿 |
[15:22] | Unless this was a setup. That’s what this is, isn’t it? | 除非这是一个圈套 对不对 |
[15:27] | What’s going on in here? What are you guys up to? | 怎么一回事 你们在策划些什么 |
[15:29] | Oh, nice cover. You two have a side deal! | 噢 装吧你就 你们两个有阴谋 |
[15:31] | No! | 不是的 |
[15:32] | Or maybe you’re just trying to make me think we have a side deal. | 或者你就是想让我觉得我们有阴谋 |
[15:35] | – Why would I do that? – Exactly! | – 我为什么要那样做 – 就是 |
[15:37] | Don’t try to make me think | 别想让我觉得 |
[15:38] | that you’re confused, because I know you aren’t. | 你很困惑 因为我知道你并不困惑 |
[15:41] | – Why would I want you to think that?! – Because… | – 为什么我要让你那么想 – 因为 |
[15:44] | There’s some angle that I’m not seeing, but I’ll get it. | 我现在还没想出原因来 但是我会想出来的 |
[15:46] | – Nice bluff! – Nice fake-out! | – 真会虚张声势 – 你装的也不错 |
[15:48] | Oh, yeah? Well, you can play all the smart games you want, | 噢 是吗 你就耍些聪明的花招吧 |
[15:51] | but I’m not gonna let you get away with it. | 但我绝不会让你侥幸逃脱的 |
[15:54] | I’ll glue my own face to the floor! | 我自己把自己的脸粘在地板上 |
[15:55] | Then what are you gonna do, huh? | 看你怎么办 |
[15:57] | That’d be the perfect way | 这真是个让我卸下防备 |
[15:58] | to make me let my guard down, wouldn’t it?! | 的好办法啊 不是吗 |
[16:17] | Stevie Stevie, | |
[16:19] | I know you’ll be mature enough, | 我知道你很成熟 |
[16:21] | not to do anything, | 不会做任何 |
[16:24] | I would do… | 我会做的事 |
[16:32] | Come on, Champion. Come on, boy. | 别弄了 Champion 别弄了 小乖乖 |
[16:34] | You don’t want that nasty old leg, do you? | 那个恶心的老腿不合你胃口 对不对 |
[16:37] | – Okay, just kidding. Sorry. – Dad, he’s ruining it! | – 好吧 开玩笑的 对不起 – 爸爸 他把那条腿毁了 |
[16:40] | Throw another steak in there. | 再扔块牛排进去 |
[16:41] | I am not going to waste another steak. | 我不会再浪费一块牛排了 |
[16:43] | He’s not going for it, and it was $12 a pound. | 它根本就不吃 而且那牛排12块一磅呢 |
[16:46] | It was not! It was bargain meat, and he knows the difference. | 根本就不是 那牛排是便宜货 他很识货的 |
[16:49] | I am doing my best here, son. | 我已经尽我最大努力了 儿子 |
[16:52] | Oh, boy. | 噢 我的乖乖 |
[16:54] | He’s gonna finish the whole thing! | 他马上就要全部吃完了 |
[16:56] | – Call 911! – Dewey, what part | – 快报警 – Dewey 你从哪里看出来 |
[16:57] | of this looks like authorities should be involved? | 这件事需要报警呢 |
[17:00] | God, if only your grandmother wasn’t so damned tasty. | 要是你外婆不是这么美味就好了 |
[17:06] | Now there’s no way to feel better. | 现在没什么可以让我感觉好点了 |
[17:09] | Now I have to feel bad forever. | 我会永远自责下去 |
[17:11] | Dewey Oh, Dewey. | |
[17:14] | Maybe you can try and think about it this way. | 也许你可以试试这么想 |
[17:17] | Your grandmother… | 你的外婆 |
[17:19] | She is the most horrible woman who ever lived, but even she | 她是这个世界上最恐怖的女人 但是连她都 |
[17:23] | understands the difference between a life that’s been lived and a life with potential. | 知道活着与有潜力地活着的区别 |
[17:28] | You want to pay her back? | 你想报答她吗 |
[17:30] | Live up to that potential. | 实现你的潜能 |
[17:34] | And if you think about it, you might have done her a big favor. | 如果你仔细想想 你帮了她个大忙 |
[17:38] | Let’s face it. Saving your | 面对现实吧 救你一命 |
[17:39] | life is her only chance of getting into heaven. | 是她进天堂的唯一的机会 |
[17:42] | Which isn’t going to make you that | 这不会使你在天堂那么受欢迎 |
[17:43] | popular in heaven, but we’ll deal with that later. | 我们以后再处理这个问题 |
[17:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:50] | Hey, Dad? | 爸爸 |
[17:52] | Is it okay if we don’t keep the dog? | 我们不养这只狗行吗 |
[17:55] | Yeah, that sounds fair. | 听起来不错 |
[17:59] | Grandma, you have to sit still or I can’t get the bandage on. | 外婆 你必须要坐着不动 不然我不能帮你缠好绷带 |
[18:02] | Just keep your eyes on the stump, Romeo. | 盯着残肢就行了 罗密欧 |
[18:06] | Well, | 好吧 |
[18:07] | okay… | 好的 |
[18:09] | I put all the doctors’ numbers on the fridge. | 我把所有医生的电话号码都贴在冰箱上了 |
[18:13] | The safety rail is up in the shower. | 安全栏杆在花洒上 |
[18:17] | Thank you, Francis. | 谢谢你 Francis |
[18:25] | – I have to tell you something. – What? | – 我必须得告诉你一些事 – 什么 |
[18:28] | I wasn’t a good enough mother to you and I’m sorry. | 我并不是一个处处完美的母亲 对不起 |
[18:33] | I shouldn’t have left you with her, | 我不应该把你扔给她 |
[18:35] | and I shouldn’t have sent you to military school. | 我不应该把你送去军校 |
[18:39] | I got overwhelmed and I took things out on | 我自己不知所措了就向你发泄 |
[18:41] | you that weren’t your fault. They were my fault, and I’m sorry. | 那些都不是你的错 都是我的错 对不起 |
[18:47] | But? | 但是 |
[18:49] | But nothing. I’d like to think I was a little bit better with the other boys, | 没有但是 我认为我后来对你弟弟们好了一点 |
[18:52] | but that’s just further proof that you got a terrible deal. | 但是这进一步证明了你经历了多少痛苦 |
[18:55] | Yes, boo-hoo for the boy with two legs. | 是的 为那个仍有两条腿的男孩高兴 |
[18:59] | You deserved a mother who was more patient and more caring, | 你应该拥有一个更有耐心更关心你的母亲 |
[19:05] | and it breaks my heart that you didn’t get that mother. | 我很心碎 你没有那样的一位母亲 |
[19:13] | Thank you. Wow. | 谢谢 哇 |
[19:16] | Wow. | 哇 |
[19:19] | Wow. | 哇 |
[19:22] | I’ve just waited so many years to hear you say that. | 我已经等你说这番话等了很多年了 |
[19:27] | Why don’t I feel better? | 为很么我没有感觉好点呢 |
[19:29] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[19:30] | I mean, I actually had fantasies where you said that, | 我是说 我真的幻想过你说这番话 |
[19:34] | pretty much word-for-word. It’s spooky how close it is, but it’s not helping. | 基本上是一字不差 惊人的相似 但是这没帮到我 |
[19:39] | Why didn’t it help?! | 为什么没帮助 |
[19:40] | – You want me to say something else? – No, no, | – 你想让我说些别的 – 不 不是 |
[19:43] | I mean, you said everything! Anything else would just be fake. | 该说的你都说了 再说其它的就是假的了 |
[19:47] | I mean, that was like the perfect thing, | 这就是最完美的了 |
[19:49] | and I am still filled with all this resentment. | 我内心仍然充满了这些怨恨 |
[19:53] | Oh, my God, this sucks! That was, like, | 天呐 太糟糕了 就像 |
[19:56] | the one thing I was living for and it’s just… not working at all! | 我依靠这些活了一辈子 但它一点帮助都没有 |
[20:00] | Can you take the soap opera outside? I want | 你们能在外面去演这部闹剧吗 我想 |
[20:02] | – to watch the whore that gives the weather. – Mother, please! | – 看那个婊子播天气预报 – 妈 别这样 |
[20:06] | – Just try to breathe. – No! You can’t just | – 深呼吸 – 不 在你被夺走人生梦想时 |
[20:08] | have your life dream stripped away from you and be okay about it! | 怎么可能觉得没什么 |
[20:12] | – Do you want a cold washcloth? – I don’t think so. | – 你要一块冷毛巾吗 – 不想 |
[20:14] | I don’t know. I don’t know what I want. | 我不知道 我不知道我想要什么 |
[20:16] | Do you want me to give you some money? | 你想要我给你点钱吗 |
[20:19] | How much money? | 多少钱 |
[20:22] | I have $200. I only need $30 for the bus. | 我有200块 我只需要留30块搭车 |
[20:25] | Okay. | 好的 |
[20:27] | Here. | 给你 |
[20:29] | And the Tic Tacs. | 还有糖 |
[20:32] | Okay, honey, just remember that I love you. | 好的 亲爱的 记住我爱你 |
[20:35] | In my own imperfect, bad mothering way, | 用我自己的不完美的 不好的母爱 |
[20:38] | – I do love you. – I love you, too. | – 我真的爱你 – 我也爱你 |
[20:44] | I’ll call you. | 我会给你打电话的 |
[20:49] | Okay, Rockefeller, it’s lotion time. Cut your nails. | 好了大富豪 该给我抹乳液了 先把你指甲剪了 |
[21:03] | Jennifer, cut it out! | Jennifer 别这样 |
[21:05] | You’re so bad. | 你真调皮 |
[21:09] | Your breath smells like feet. | 你的口气闻怎么跟脚丫子一个味儿 |