时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | There’s a head of rotten lettuce in the fridge. | 冰箱里有颗烂掉的生菜 |
[00:03] | Not strong enough. | 不够味儿 |
[00:06] | Why don’t you dig out | 可以去找找 |
[00:06] | whatever it was that died under the furnace? | 火炉里死掉的东西 |
[00:08] | Still not strong enough! | 还是不够味儿 |
[00:10] | What about the old boot that opossum gave birth in? | 那只有负鼠在里面生过娃的靴子呢 |
[00:13] | It’s out in the garage. | 在车库里 |
[00:14] | Perfect! | 太好了 |
[00:20] | All yours. | 去吧 |
[00:59] | I’m sorry I’m late. | 对不起我迟到了 |
[01:00] | My alarm clock didn’t go off and | 我的闹钟没响 |
[01:02] | then there was an accident and road workers and… | 然后有起意外 然后道路施工员都来了 然后 |
[01:06] | Where is everybody? | 大家人呢 |
[01:07] | Well, it’s Ditch Day. None of the students came in. | 今天是逃课日 没有学生来上课 |
[01:10] | No one told me there was a ditch day. | 没人跟我说过这个逃课日啊 |
[01:12] | Well, I’m surprised you didn’t hear. | 你居然不知道 |
[01:13] | I mean, everyone was telling their friends. | 大家都会告诉自己的朋友 |
[01:18] | Oh… | 哦 |
[01:20] | All right, Charisse, the | 很好 Charisse |
[01:22] | professor of boozology has some homework for you. | 老师要给你布置点酒学作业 |
[01:27] | What’s he doing here? | 他在这儿干嘛 |
[01:28] | No one told him. | 没人跟他说 |
[01:30] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[01:33] | – You could probably use a little… – Val, stop that. | – 要不你来一点 – Val 别这样 |
[01:37] | Oh, my God! Oh, my God! | 我的天 我的地 |
[01:39] | Oh, my God. Oh, my God! | 我的神 我的祖宗哎 |
[01:41] | What? | 怎么了 |
[01:41] | You will gonna die. | 这个太劲爆了 |
[01:43] | What is it? | 什么情况 |
[01:43] | I know I always say that gossip rots your soul, | 我知道我经常说 谣言会侵蚀灵魂 |
[01:45] | but it doesn’t count when it’s this good. | 但这个这么劲爆 所以以前说的那话不算数 |
[01:47] | Last night, I covered for Bernice so she could leave early, | 昨晚我帮Bernice打掩护 这样她就能早点走 |
[01:50] | and when she got home, she found Charlie | 当她到家的时候 她看见Charlie |
[01:52] | standing in their living room wearing her red cocktail dress! | 穿着她那件红色的礼裙站在客厅里 |
[01:56] | The one from the Christmas party with all the feathers! | 就是她圣诞舞会穿的 满是羽毛的那件 |
[01:59] | Good God! | 好家伙 |
[02:00] | He admitted it’s been going on for years. | 他承认他有这癖好好多年了 |
[02:02] | He said it started one day when | 他说是有一次 |
[02:03] | he accidentally used lipstick instead of Chap Stick. | 他不小心错把口红当润唇膏擦了 |
[02:06] | The next thing you knew, | 在此之后你才发现 |
[02:07] | he was wearing a teddy under his police uniform. | 他警察制服里面穿着一件女士连体内衣 |
[02:09] | Man is a complicated beast. | 男人真是种复杂的动物 |
[02:11] | Can you imagine keeping something like that from your spouse? | 你能想象你的另一半有这种秘密吗 |
[02:17] | So glad we don’t have any secrets. | 还好我们之间没有秘密 |
[03:16] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[03:17] | Oh, honey, there’s something I should confess to you. | 亲爱的 有件事我要向你坦白 |
[03:20] | What | 什么 |
[03:22] | I… | 我 |
[03:31] | I spent more than $50 on your last birthday present. | 我上次送给你的生日礼物其实不止五十美元 |
[03:34] | I know we agreed not to, but I just love you so much. | 我知道我们都说好了 但我实在是太爱你了 |
[03:40] | Well, I’m glad you told me. | 我很高兴你告诉我了 |
[03:42] | It felt good to come clean. | 说出来的感觉真好 |
[03:49] | Dad, can I have a sleepover tomorrow? | 爸爸 我明天能带个朋友到咱家过夜吗 |
[03:52] | Somebody wants to sleep over? Here? | 有人要来家里睡吗 在这里吗 |
[03:54] | That’s fantastic! | 很好啊 |
[03:55] | Who? | 谁 |
[03:56] | Chad from my class. | Chad 我们班的 |
[03:57] | Oh, geez, Dewey, I don’t | Dewey 我觉得 |
[03:58] | think that’s a good idea. That kid is really… | 这不是个好主意 那个孩子真的是 |
[04:00] | He’s fine. | 他很好的 |
[04:01] | He’s just a little strange. | 他就是有点奇怪 |
[04:03] | Nothing to be scared of. | 没什么好害怕的 |
[04:04] | Well, it’s not anything to be taken lightly, either. | 但这也不能草率对待 |
[04:07] | That boy has a lot of serious issues. | 那孩子有太多严重的问题 |
[04:08] | I don’t think you know what you’re getting into. | 我觉得你不清楚自己在做什么 |
[04:10] | Yes, I do. | 我当然清楚 |
[04:12] | I also know people treat him like a freak for no reason. | 我也知道大家无缘无故就把他当做个怪胎 |
[04:14] | Even his parents have given up on him. | 就连他父母也放弃他了 |
[04:17] | They’re just looking for an excuse to have him institutionalized. | 他们只想找个理由送他去福利机构 |
[04:20] | This is supposed to be convincing me? | 你这是想说服我吗 |
[04:22] | Dad, I want to prove that he can do | 爸爸 我是想证明他可以 |
[04:23] | normal stuff like a normal kid and have a normal life. | 像个正常的孩子 做正常的事 过正常的生活 |
[04:25] | No means no, Dewey. | 不行就是不行 Dewey |
[04:27] | No doesn’t always mean no. | 不是每次不行都代表不行 |
[04:28] | This isn’t “PG-movie” No, this is “Speargun” No. | 这跟以前不一样 这次不行就是不行 |
[04:33] | Dad, listen. | 爸爸 |
[04:35] | I never ask for anything, | 我从来都没要求过什么 |
[04:36] | but I’m asking you to do this for me. | 但我现在请求你答应我这件事 |
[04:39] | It’s important. | 这很重要 |
[04:41] | I’m sorry, Dewey, but I | 对不起 Dewey 但我 |
[04:42] | know a little bit more about this than you do. | 对这件事知道的比你多点 |
[04:45] | And you ask for things all the time. | 还有 你一直都在要求各种事情 |
[04:50] | So where’d you go today? | 你今天去哪儿了 |
[04:51] | Oh, man, it was fantastic. | 老兄 今天酷毙了 |
[04:53] | Went down the pet store, | 先去了宠物店 |
[04:54] | fed a bunch of the pets to the other pets, | 用一群宠物喂了另一群宠物 |
[04:56] | ended up at the supermarket, where I squeezed | 又去了超市 我把那里的 |
[04:58] | all the Wonder Bread into balls till the manager threw me out. | 沃登牌面包全部捏成球形 最后被商场经理扔出来了 |
[05:01] | I left a little present in his convertible. | 我还在他的敞篷车里留了个小礼物 |
[05:03] | Well, it was somebody’s convertible. | 那敞篷车不一定是他的 |
[05:05] | You couldn’t have bothered to tell me about Ditch Day? | 你就不能告诉我今天是逃课日吗 |
[05:08] | There was a ditch day?! | 还有逃课日吗 |
[05:09] | Yeah, today. | 是的 今天 |
[05:12] | No one told me. | 没人告诉我啊 |
[05:13] | Why didn’t they tell me? | 他们为什么不告诉我 |
[05:15] | Because no one likes us, Reese. | 因为没人喜欢我们 Reese |
[05:16] | No one. | 没人 |
[05:17] | Everybody else was told about it. | 大家都相互告知今天是逃课日 |
[05:19] | Even that slow kid who ate cat litter for a dollar. | 那个为了一美元吃猫砂的蠢孩子都知道 |
[05:21] | Ducky Ducky? | |
[05:22] | How did Ducky get so popular? | Ducky怎么会招人喜欢呢 |
[05:23] | It’s not that he’s popular, | 问题不是他招不招人喜欢 |
[05:25] | it’s that we’re unpopular. | 问题是我们不招人喜欢 |
[05:28] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[05:31] | I’m as unpopular as you. | 我跟你一样不招人喜欢 |
[05:35] | Guess who’s getting a treat? | 猜猜谁会得到我的款待 |
[05:37] | That’s right, it’s you, Mr. Boy. | 没错 就是你了 小男孩先生 |
[05:40] | In this house, whenever anybody is good for three whole days in a row, | 这房子里只要谁能不惹事地待满三天 |
[05:43] | they get one of Mama’s extra special fruit smoothies. | 那个人就可以得到妈妈额外奉送的特别水果沙冰 |
[05:48] | I have never made one before. | 我还从没做过呢 |
[05:56] | Oh, this is outrageous! | 真实太过分了 |
[05:59] | What’s the matter? | 什么事 |
[05:59] | The blender is broken. There’s no excuse for this! | 搅拌机坏了 太过分了 |
[06:03] | Honey, we have had it since before Dewey was born. | 亲爱的 Dewey出生前我们就开始用这台了 |
[06:05] | I don’t care. They said a lifetime guarantee. | 我不管 他们说这个有终身保障的 |
[06:09] | A lifetime is not ten or eleven years. | 终身并不意味着十年或十一年 |
[06:12] | Hal, if they want to say | Hal 如果他们想说能够用 |
[06:13] | a ten or eleven-year guarantee, that’s fine. | 十年或十一年 没问题 |
[06:15] | I’ll make my blender-buying | 我会慎重选择 |
[06:16] | decisions accordingly, but they said “Lifetime.” | 我要买的搅拌机 但是他们说”终身” |
[06:18] | I’m getting my money back or a blender of equal or greater value. | 我要退货 或者换个一样好 甚至更好的回来 |
[06:21] | How are you going to find the warranty from ten years ago? | 你怎么找得到十年前的保单 |
[06:24] | I’m sure it’s with the rest of the papers in the garage. | 我确定它在车库的那堆文件里 |
[06:25] | Honey, you’ll never find it out there. What did this cost, $19? | 亲爱的 你找不到的 这才多少钱啊 十九块 |
[06:29] | That’s what they want you to say! | 他们就是要让你这么想 |
[06:32] | That’s why they don’t charge more! That’s how they get you! | 所以他们才卖这么便宜 就是要让你上当 |
[06:36] | You expecting somebody? | 你在等谁来吗 |
[06:38] | Uh, yeah, it’s Chad. He’s sleeping over tonight. | 是的 Chad 他晚上在这边过夜 |
[06:41] | Dewey’s having a sleepover? | Dewey邀他来过夜 |
[06:42] | Yeah, we didn’t have any plans. I thought it would be nice. | 是啊 我们又没什么别的事儿 我觉得这样挺好的 |
[06:45] | Dewey, your friend’s here! | Dewey 你的朋友来了 |
[06:49] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[06:51] | I told you no, and you went behind my back | 我跟你说了不行 你又背着我 |
[06:53] | and tricked your mother into letting you have this sleepover? | 骗你妈妈叫他过来了 |
[06:56] | I just told her it’d be a nice thing to | 我只是告诉她 能为一个生活 |
[06:58] | do for a kid who doesn’t have many nice things in his life. | 平淡无奇的孩子做点事是件好事 |
[07:01] | If you call that a trick, then yeah. | 如果你说那是骗 那好吧 |
[07:04] | You don’t have to freak out. I know how to handle Chad. | 你不用被吓成这样啦 我知道怎么应付Chad |
[07:07] | You can’t believe everything | 犯罪杂志上说的那些 |
[07:08] | you read in the special needs bulletin. | 你不能句句都相信啊 |
[07:09] | They only say that stuff to get extra funding. | 他们那么说只是为了得到额外经费 |
[07:11] | That is not the point! | 那不是重点 |
[07:13] | Dewey, I made myself very clear. I told you no, | Dewey 我已经说得很清楚了 我说了不行 |
[07:15] | and you snuck around my back to | 你还背着我去跟你妈妈说 |
[07:17] | you mother as if nothing I said had any impact… | 你当我的话都是放屁吗 |
[07:19] | Hello, there! | 你们好 |
[07:20] | You must be Chad’s parents. | 你们一定是Chad的父母 |
[07:21] | – Yes. I’m Lloyd. – Lloyd. | – 是的 我是Lloyd – Lloyd |
[07:23] | – And this is Evelyn. – Evelyn. | – 这是Evelyn – Evelyn |
[07:25] | And this… | 这是 |
[07:27] | God, where did he go?! | 他跑哪去了 |
[07:28] | I watched him from the car to the door. | 我看着他从车那边走过来的 |
[07:30] | Do I have to do everything?! | 所有的事情都要我做是吗 |
[07:32] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[07:34] | Thank you for inviting me. | 谢谢你们邀请我 |
[07:35] | Hi, Chad. | 你好 Chad |
[07:36] | Hey, Dewey. | 你好 Dewey |
[07:40] | We want to thank you for doing this. | 我们真的很感谢你这么做 |
[07:42] | I think it’s wonderful the boys are getting together. | 我觉得孩子们一起玩也挺好的 |
[07:44] | Big books go on the bottom shelf. | 大本的书要放在书架底层 |
[07:46] | What did we tell you about touching their things?! | 我们说过别人家的东西你能碰吗 |
[07:49] | Are you trying to prove that you can’t go out in public?! | 你是要证明你没法在公共场所待着吗 |
[07:51] | This is your last chance, do you understand me, buddy?! | 这是你最后一次机会 小子 听清楚了吗 |
[07:54] | – This is your last chance! – Lloyd, do something! | – 这是你最后一次机会 – Lloyd 做点什么啊 |
[07:56] | You do something! The gene was on your egg. | 做点什么 是你的卵子给的基因 |
[07:58] | Oh, yeah, it’s completely my fault. Now can we go to dinner? | 是 这全是我的错 现在我们可以去吃晚餐了吗 |
[08:03] | At bedtime, | 到睡觉时间 |
[08:04] | these straps are for his arms, | 这些绑带是绑手的 |
[08:06] | and these are for his legs. | 这些是绑腿的 |
[08:08] | If you wind up needing to use the harness, make | 当你要拉紧绑带时 |
[08:10] | sure he doesn’t take a big breath in when you’re fastening the buckles, | 要确保你拉紧锁扣时他没有憋一大口气 |
[08:12] | otherwise, he can wriggle out and the whole thing is useless. | 否则他会挣开 那就白费力气了 |
[08:15] | Completely useless. | 全都白费力气了 |
[08:16] | Say good-bye to your parents, Chad. | Chad 和你爸爸妈妈说再见 |
[08:18] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[08:20] | Here’s a list of emergency numbers. | 这是紧急联络电话 |
[08:22] | Don’t try 911. | 别报警 |
[08:23] | They’re not qualified. | 他们还没能力处理这事 |
[08:32] | Maybe they meant to tell us. | 也许他们想告诉我们来着 |
[08:34] | They just forgot. | 只是忘了而已 |
[08:36] | They didn’t forget. | 他们没有忘 |
[08:37] | How could the whole school snub us like this? | 怎么所有人都这么冷落我们 |
[08:40] | Don’t they realize how much this hurts? | 他们不知道这有多伤人吗 |
[08:42] | They don’t care. | 他们才不在乎 |
[08:44] | There are people in this world that are just plain evil. | 世上有些人就是那么邪恶 |
[08:46] | And every single person at that school is one of those people. | 学校里每个人都是那样 |
[08:50] | No, | 不 |
[08:51] | we can’t do this. | 我们不能这么做 |
[08:52] | We can’t keep blaming everybody | 我们不能每次发生这类事的时候 |
[08:53] | else whenever something like this happens. | 都去责怪别人 |
[08:55] | It can’t be an accident that you and I alienate so many people. | 我们和别人的疏远不是巧合 |
[08:58] | We’re never going to make our lives | 如果我们总觉得是别人的问题 |
[09:00] | better if we keep pretending they are the problem. | 我们永远没法让自己过得更好 |
[09:05] | Then what do we do? | 那我们要怎么做 |
[09:07] | Well, | 这个 |
[09:09] | I mean, if we really want to figure this out, | 如果我们真想知道为什么 |
[09:11] | maybe we need to look at ourselves honestly. | 或许我们应该诚实地审视自己 |
[09:15] | You’re right. | 说得对 |
[09:17] | What’s wrong with us? | 我们到底哪里有问题 |
[09:19] | Well, some parts are easy. | 有些地方很明显 |
[09:20] | – I mean, you’re a ruthlessly brutal thug. – I have my moods. | – 你是个凶残无情的暴徒 – 我有自己的情绪 |
[09:24] | And look how it was my first impulse to criticize you. | 回想下我第一次冲动批评你的时候 |
[09:27] | It just shows what a pompous ass I am. | 我就是个自大鬼 |
[09:29] | I do seem to cause a lot of needless suffering. | 这样确实引起很多不必要的破事 |
[09:31] | I usually assume that people are my enemy. | 我总是把那些人当做假想敌 |
[09:33] | I have this need to show off. | 我得用这种方式去突出自己 |
[09:35] | It’s not enough that I know more than everyone. | 仅仅知道我比别人懂得多是不够的 |
[09:37] | I have to make sure they know I know more. | 我要确保他们知道我知道的比他们多 |
[09:39] | Why do I do that? | 我干嘛要那么做 |
[09:40] | Don’t ask me. I know less than everyone. | 别问我 我知道的比别人少 |
[09:42] | When I walk into a room, it seems like | 每次我进房间 我总是觉得 |
[09:43] | everybody’s talking about things that I could never understand. | 我永远搞不清楚他们讨论的事情 |
[09:46] | And when they laugh, I’m always sure that they’re laughing at me. | 他们哈哈大笑时 我总是认为是在笑话我 |
[09:51] | Maybe we’re both afraid. | 也许我们都是因为害怕 |
[09:54] | We’re afraid people won’t like us. | 害怕别人不喜欢我们 |
[09:56] | That’s why I show off how | 所以我才要炫耀 |
[09:57] | smart I am and that’s why you hit people. | 自己很聪明 而你要抨击别人 |
[10:01] | We’re scared of being rejected, | 我们都害怕被拒绝 |
[10:02] | so we act in a way that pushes people away. | 所以我们表现出拒人千里之外的样子 |
[10:05] | Oh, man. | 天啊 |
[10:06] | It’s the thing that we hate the most, | 这是我们最厌恶的事 |
[10:07] | and yet we keep making it happen again and again. | 而我们却一而再再而三地这么做 |
[10:10] | We’re so stupid and pathetic. | 我们是有多愚蠢多可悲 |
[10:15] | Or they’re jealous! | 或者是他们嫉妒我们 |
[10:17] | Yeah, totally jealous. | 对 绝对是嫉妒 |
[10:19] | I mean, they see us, and they | 看到我们这样 |
[10:20] | don’t want to face that they’re all jealous, | 他们不想承认他们嫉妒我们 |
[10:22] | so they make us act all angry and superior! | 所以让我们感觉自己很有脾气很清高 |
[10:24] | They’re in denial. | 他们是在否认自己 |
[10:26] | I am really glad we did this. | 我很庆幸我们剖析了自己 |
[10:38] | Rough can’t go next to smooth. | 粗糙的东西和光滑的东西要分开放 |
[10:42] | This is exactly what I talked about, Dewey. | 这就是我强调的事情 Dewey |
[10:44] | He’s gone through practically everything in the house. | 他基本上把我们家的东西都翻完了 |
[10:46] | He taped my ties to my shirts. | 他把我的领带都系在了衬衫上 |
[10:48] | So the house gets straightened up. | 整间屋子好像都站直了 |
[10:50] | Wouldn’t that be horrible? | 那会很恐怖吗 |
[10:51] | Don’t you trivialize this. You’re in enough trouble already. | 你别觉得这是小事 你已经惹上大麻烦了 |
[10:53] | I’m telling you, once he settles down, | 我跟你说 等他消停了 |
[10:55] | this is going to be a perfectly normal sleepover. | 这个晚上就十分完美正常了 |
[10:58] | We’re going to play a board game, we’re going to watch a video, | 我们会玩点桌游 看看电影 |
[11:01] | – we’re going to have pizza… – No pizza. I’m already defrosting hamburgers. | – 吃吃披萨 – 没有披萨 我已经解冻汉堡了 |
[11:04] | But I promised Chad pizza. He really likes pizza. | 但我已经答应Chad吃披萨了 他很喜欢吃披萨 |
[11:07] | No pizza, Dewey. You are on thin ice as it is. | Dewey 没有披萨 你给我小心点 |
[11:11] | From now on, you are going | 从现在开始 我说什么 |
[11:12] | to do exactly as I say. Is that understood? | 就是什么 听明白了没有 |
[11:14] | Yes, Dad, I got it. Now can I go play with my friend? | 听明白了 爸爸 我现在可以去和我朋友玩了吗 |
[11:20] | Where’d he go? | 他去哪儿了 |
[11:22] | You’ll see a lot of this in life, Jamie. The big | 你以后会发现这种事情在生活中太常见了 Jamie |
[11:25] | blender company’s don’t think we’re smart enough to save warranties. | 这种大型的搅拌机公司觉得我们没聪明到会留着保单 |
[11:28] | They think we run around barefoot all day | 他们认为我们整天光着脚到处跑 |
[11:30] | picking bugs off ourselves. Well, they are in for a big surprise. | 抓自己身上的虫 这下要让他们吃惊了 |
[11:35] | They design their products specifically | 他们把产品设计得刚好在 |
[11:37] | to break down three days after the warranties get lost. | 保单丢失后的三天坏掉 |
[11:40] | It’s called “Planned obsolescence,” | 这个叫做”计划报废” |
[11:41] | like that deathtrap of a highchair you keep falling over in. | 就像婴儿餐椅上经常坏的那部分 |
[11:46] | I’m their worst nightmare, Jamie; a woman who saves everything. | 我是他们的终极噩梦 Jamie 一个保留所有东西的女人 |
[11:50] | And I’m going to go through every shred of it. | 我翻遍碎纸都要找到它 |
[11:55] | What’s that, Mr. Big-Blender-Company man? | 你说什么 大搅拌机公司先生 |
[11:58] | You say I’m going to need paperwork? | 你说我需要文书证明吗 |
[12:00] | Oh, gee, | 天呐 |
[12:01] | I don’t know if I have it. Oh, wait, I do. | 我都不知道我有没有 等等 我有呢 |
[12:15] | Dewey, I told you to keep Chad away from my desk. | Dewey 我跟你说过不要让Chad靠近我的桌子 |
[12:20] | I just heard a whole bunch of kids from our school | 我刚听说我们学校的一群学生 |
[12:22] | are going to stay overnight at that old abandoned house on Spires Road. | 要去斯派斯路一栋废弃的老房子里过夜 |
[12:25] | No one told me. | 没人告诉我 |
[12:27] | Big shock. | 好震惊噢 |
[12:28] | I say we go there tonight and scare the crap out of them. | 今晚我们去吓吓他们怎么样 |
[12:31] | We’re going to scare them for being jealous of us? | 我们去吓吓那些嫉妒我们的人吗 |
[12:34] | No, we’re going to scare them for being jerks. | 不 我们去吓吓那些混蛋 |
[12:38] | All right, yeah. Let’s do it. | 好 就这么办 |
[12:40] | They think they can be jerks to us? | 他们认为他们是混蛋 |
[12:41] | We’ll show them what jerks are. | 我们要让他们见识下什么才叫混蛋 |
[13:10] | – Hi. I got a half cheese, half pepperoni. – What? | – 你好 芝士和意大利辣香肠双拼的披萨 – 什么 |
[13:14] | – That little… – Listen, I’m kind of in a hurry. It’s $12. | – 那个小 – 我赶时间 总共十二元 |
[13:17] | Just hold on a second. Dewey! | 稍等一下 Dewey |
[13:18] | You get your butt in here right now, Mister! | 你给我滚过来 |
[13:21] | Dad, what is wrong with you? | 爸爸 你干什么啊 |
[13:22] | You can’t go screaming in the house when Chad’s here. | Chad在这里的时候你不能大声喊叫的 |
[13:25] | I am the parent in this house, and you do what I say! | 我是一家之主 你得按我说的做 |
[13:28] | Now when I tell you there is no pizza in this house, | 我跟你说不吃披萨 |
[13:31] | there’s no pizza! That is the law! | 意思就是不吃披萨 没什么好说的 |
[13:33] | – Dad… – Don’t you “Dad” Me. | – 爸爸 – 别这么叫我 |
[13:34] | You already “Dad-ed” Me good with this sleepover. | 这招在你想邀请他来的时候已经用过了 |
[13:37] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[13:38] | Sometimes if you’re just being bigoted and unreasonable, | 你固执又不可理喻的时候 |
[13:40] | maybe I don’t have to listen to you. | 我根本没必要听你的 |
[13:42] | You better listen to me. | 你最好是听我的 |
[13:44] | I am your father and you will respect… | 我是你父亲 你要尊重 |
[13:46] | Hey, you know what? This was supposed to go to 12336. | 你好 这份应该是送到12336号的 |
[13:51] | I bet you feel like a jackass. | 你现在肯定觉得自己是混蛋 |
[14:03] | I have something to tell you. | 我要跟你说些事 |
[14:04] | Hal, it will have to wait. | 等一下再说 Hal |
[14:05] | I wasted a half an hour getting Jamie to sleep. | 我已经浪费了半小时哄Jamie睡觉 |
[14:08] | He kept crying because I wouldn’t | 他不停地哭 因为我不让 |
[14:09] | let him have the antifreeze bottle in bed with him. | 他抱着那瓶防冻剂睡觉 |
[14:11] | Lois, this is important. | Lois 这很重要 |
[14:13] | I was trying to spare you the embarrassment, | 我一直在避免让你尴尬 |
[14:15] | but you should probably know. | 但你还是应该知道 |
[14:17] | Dewey actually asked me first about the sleepover. | Dewey是先来问的我能不能让Chad来过夜 |
[14:20] | And he went to you when I said no. | 在我拒绝后他又来找你了 |
[14:23] | Oh, sorry. | 对不起 |
[14:24] | What do you mean, “Sorry”? | 干嘛说对不起 |
[14:26] | Maybe you don’t understand. He went around my back to get to you. | 你是不是没听懂 他背着我找你 |
[14:30] | And this is a big upset for you? | 所以你不开心了吗 |
[14:32] | For God’s sake, Hal, | 拜托你了Hal |
[14:33] | they go behind my back to get to you all the time. | 他们一直背着我找你 |
[14:35] | That is very different. You are the hard ass. | 事情不是这样的 你是唱黑脸的 |
[14:37] | I’m the nice, fair one. Dewey knows that. | 而我是和善公平的白脸 Dewey明明知道这点 |
[14:41] | Why would he betray me? | 他为什么还要背叛我 |
[14:42] | Hal, I cannot get worked up about this right now. | Hal 我现在没时间跟你讨论这个 |
[14:45] | I have to find that warranty or the blender company wins. | 我必须要找到保单 不然搅拌机公司就赢了 |
[14:48] | Is that what you want, Hal? | 你希望他们赢吗 Hal |
[14:49] | Are you on their side? | 你站在他们那边吗 |
[14:50] | Fine. I’ll help you. | 好啦 我来帮你 |
[14:57] | No, Hal. I have a system. | 不 Hal 我有自己的方法 |
[15:00] | Anyway, it seems to be going fine. | 不管怎样 现在看起来还不错 |
[15:02] | I haven’t heard a peep out of them in hours. | 这几个小时我都没听见他们出声了 |
[15:07] | Hey, Chad, I can teach you to play Chinese checkers if you want. | Chad 我可以教你下跳棋 你觉得怎么样 |
[15:11] | Chad Chad! | |
[15:12] | White on white… | 白的放一起 |
[15:15] | Blue on blue… | 蓝的放一起 |
[15:17] | And yellow on yellow. | 黄的也要放一起 |
[15:19] | Chad, don’t do this. | Chad 别这样 |
[15:20] | If someone catches you you’ll be in big trouble… | 要是被发现 你会惹上大麻烦的 |
[15:27] | Dewey Dewey. | |
[15:28] | Just a minute. | 等一下 |
[15:39] | Hello. | 你好 |
[15:40] | Oh, hello, Lloyd. | Lloyd 你好 |
[15:42] | No, everything’s going fine with Chad. | 没有 Chad很好 |
[15:46] | Well, you can bring it if you think he needs it. | 如果你认为需要的话就拿过来吧 |
[15:50] | We are going to scare the crap out of them. | 我们要把他们的魂都吓出来 |
[15:52] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[15:53] | I don’t feel sorry for them. They’ve got it coming. | 我完全没觉得对不起他们 他们自找的 |
[15:55] | They deserve every stained | 接下来那些脏兮兮的内裤 |
[15:56] | pair of underwear they’re about to get. | 全都是他们自找的 |
[15:59] | Hey, is my eye socket oozing enough? | 我的眼球还逼真吧 |
[16:01] | It’s perfect. | 很逼真 |
[16:02] | Okay, on the count of three we bust through the door. If one | 数到三我们就冲进去 |
[16:05] | of them has a heart attack, you resuscitate them and I’ll scare them again. | 如果有人心脏病发了 你先抢救 然后我再吓他们一次 |
[16:09] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[16:10] | One… two… three. | 一 二 三 |
[16:22] | What are you guys doing? | 你们干什么 |
[16:29] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[16:31] | You guys trying to scare us? | 你们是想吓我们吗 |
[16:32] | What, are you 12? | 你以为你们还是小孩子啊 |
[16:35] | We weren’t trying to scare you. | 我们不是要吓你们 |
[16:37] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[16:38] | That’s the opposite of what we were trying to do. | 我们怎么会吓唬你们 |
[16:41] | We’re meeting girls here. | 我们是想来这儿约妹子的 |
[16:43] | Then why are you dressed like that? | 那你们为什么穿成那样 |
[16:47] | Because… | 因为 |
[17:01] | Why don’t you like us?! | 你们为什么不喜欢我们 |
[17:05] | I got to say, they had some pretty solid reasons. | 我不得不说 他们的理由确实靠谱 |
[17:09] | Come on, Chad. | Chad 别这样 |
[17:10] | You have to find some way to snap out of this. | 你得想办法振作起来 |
[17:14] | Look, I went to bat for you. | 我一直在帮你 |
[17:15] | I’ve been protecting you all day, | 我整天都在保护你 |
[17:16] | but this is something I can’t cover up. | 但你现在这样我也没办法护着你了 |
[17:18] | And if your parents find out, they’re going to put you away. | 如果被你父母发现了 他们会把你送走的 |
[17:23] | Are you listening? | 你有在听我说吗 |
[17:25] | Yes. | 有 |
[17:27] | Green goes with green, goes with green, goes with green, | 绿的要和绿的一起 和绿的一起 和绿的一起 |
[17:30] | goes with green, goes with green, goes with green… | 和绿的一起 和绿的一起 和绿的一起 |
[17:33] | Hello, Hal. | 你好 Hal |
[17:34] | Evelyn, Lloyd, come on in. | Evelyn Lloyd 快进来 |
[17:36] | So, we were halfway through our first dinner alone in a decade, | 在去享受我们十年来第一次二人晚餐的半路上 |
[17:40] | when someone had to remind me that I didn’t give Chad his good night pill. | 某人提醒我说我忘记把Chad的睡前药片给他了 |
[17:44] | Oh. | 哦 |
[17:45] | Okay, well, I’ll just, uh, go get him. | 没问题 我叫他过来 |
[17:54] | This in no way justifies what you said before. | 这并不代表你之前说的是对的 |
[18:04] | Chad, I want to show you a little project I’ve been working on. | Chad 我想给你看看我一直在做的一件事 |
[18:11] | Look at this. | 看这个 |
[18:13] | You see where I took my pen and I | 你看我用笔 |
[18:15] | filled in the letters that needed to be filled in. | 把这些字母能涂的地方都涂满了 |
[18:18] | O A E G The “O’s,” The “A’s,” The “E’s,” The “G’s.” | |
[18:21] | The “Q’s,” The “P’s,” The “D’s” And the “B’s”? | Q P D 和B |
[18:24] | Of course. | 是的 |
[18:24] | That was you? | 那是你干的 |
[18:26] | – What about the nines? – Yes. | – 9呢 – 也涂 |
[18:28] | What about the circles and the percent signs? | 圆圈和百分号呢 |
[18:30] | Absolutely. Otherwise you’ll be | 当然都涂 不然就会有种 |
[18:31] | left with that horrible feeling of uncompleteness. | 没做完的的纠结感 |
[18:47] | Here they are, | 他们来了 |
[18:48] | sleepover buddies. | 一起过夜的小子们 |
[18:50] | Has he been okay? | 他没闹事吧 |
[18:51] | Oh, he’s been fine. | 他很乖 |
[18:52] | And I think people prejudge Chad sometimes. | 我觉得大家有时候对Chad的判断言之过早 |
[18:55] | He’s a good kid. | 他是个很乖的孩子 |
[18:58] | Open. | 张嘴 |
[19:03] | I’m sorry, Dad. | 对不起爸爸 |
[19:06] | I thought you were just being… | 我之前以为你就是个 |
[19:09] | I mean, I had no idea you were… | 我不知道你是 |
[19:13] | So how crazy are you? | 那你有多疯狂 |
[19:16] | Let’s just say that’s my third set of encyclopedias. | 那是我涂的第三套百科全书 |
[19:35] | If we leave right now, we can still catch the movie. | 我们现在走的话 还能赶上那场电影 |
[19:38] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[19:41] | The warranty? | 保单 |
[19:43] | Hey, good for you, Chad. | 干得好 Chad |
[19:46] | Well, I give up. I’m throwing out that blender. | 我放弃了 我要把那个搅拌机扔了 |
[19:49] | You don’t have to. Look what Chad did. | 你不用扔 看看Chad做了什么 |
[19:51] | Pictures of things belong on the things they’re pictures of. | 有图片的东西应该和图片上的东西放一起 |
[19:55] | Check… and mate. | 就是这个 |
[20:03] | Dewey, what is it? | Dewey 是什么 |
[20:05] | Hal Hal? | |
[20:11] | Honey… I’m sorry. | 亲爱的 对不起 |
[20:13] | You were lying there asleep and you just looked so beautiful. | 你就躺那儿睡着了 看起来好美 |
[20:17] | And the moment was perfect and I never | 那一刻太美了 我想永保那一刻 |
[20:18] | wanted it to end. And then I saw the camera, and… | 然后我瞄到了相机 |
[20:21] | And… I’m weak, Lois. | Lois 我把持不住 |
[20:23] | I’m a little man. | 我就是个小男人 |
[20:26] | I know that I can never apologize enough and… | 我知道我怎么道歉都不够 |
[20:29] | I’m sure right now you don’t even want to look at me. | 我相信你现在甚至都不想看到我 |
[20:35] | Hal Hal. | |
[20:42] | Everyone’s going to hear about this. | 大家都会知道这事的 |
[20:45] | We suck. | 我们真衰 |
[20:46] | We totally suck. | 我们衰透了 |
[20:48] | I hate myself so much. | 我讨厌死自己了 |
[20:49] | What is wrong with us? | 我们是怎么回事 |
[20:51] | Everyone else our age heard it “Empty house,” | 所有的同龄人听到的都是”空宅” |
[20:53] | And we heard “Haunted house.” | 而我们听到的却是”凶宅” |
[20:55] | Are we just socially stunted in some way that makes us hopeless? | 我们是不是社交受阻 所以看起来无可救药 |
[21:03] | I think half of them were really scared. | 我觉得他们有一半真的被吓到了 |
[21:07] | Yeah. | 没错 |