时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:24] | Yeah… what are those kids complaining about? | 真不知道这有什么好抱怨的 |
[01:07] | Four, three, two… | 四 三 二… |
[01:10] | brown… | 浑的 |
[01:11] | clear… | 清的 |
[01:13] | brown again… | 又浑了 |
[01:17] | good. | 好了 |
[01:18] | What about this watch, Dad? | 爸 这只手表怎么样 |
[01:20] | It’s only $12.99. | 只要12块9毛9 |
[01:21] | That’s where they get you, son. | 儿子 这你就上当了 |
[01:23] | See, it says $12.99, but that doesn’t include the hidden costs. | 说是只要这么多钱 但还有其他隐性费用呢 |
[01:26] | Shipping, handling, box tops… | 运费 配送费 包装… |
[01:29] | By the time you’re through you’re paying on the high side of $15. | 等你要买了 最后就要给15块 |
[01:32] | I’ve never owned a $15 watch. | 我可从来没戴过15块的手表 |
[01:34] | But I need one, Dad! | 可是我确实需要一块手表 |
[01:35] | Son, a cork and a piece of string make a perfectly fine sundial | 一个木塞 一根绳子 就能做个日晷仪了 |
[01:39] | and a great conversation piece with the ladies. | 还是和女生搭讪的好话题哟 |
[01:43] | Malcolm, aren’t you having your yearbook picture taken today? | Malcolm 你今天不是要照年鉴照片吗 |
[01:46] | Yep. | 是啊 |
[01:47] | Well, don’t you think it | 你不觉得 |
[01:48] | would be nice to get a little dressed up for it? | 应该好好打扮一下吗 |
[01:49] | Why? I’m never going to see these people again. | 为什么 我又不会再和他们见面了 |
[01:52] | They’re just a bunch of | 他们就是一群 |
[01:52] | shallow jerks who don’t care about anything but | 肤浅的混蛋 |
[01:54] | who’s instant-messaging who, | 只关心谁在和谁发消息 |
[01:55] | and who’s going to the stupid Moonlight Dance. | 哪些人要去那个傻逼月光舞会 |
[01:58] | A bunch of kids in formal clothes, barefoot on the beach… | 一帮孩子穿着正装 赤脚在沙滩上 |
[02:01] | It’s just pathetic. | 太可悲了 |
[02:02] | And I wouldn’t have gone even if they told me about it. | 就算他们告诉我这事儿了 我也不会去 |
[02:04] | Here’s your uniform, Reese. | Reese 你的制服 |
[02:05] | You’re really lucky you got your old job back again. | 你真幸运啊 还能把以前的工作捡回来 |
[02:08] | Lucky? They have me on the delivery route, | 幸运 他们让我送货 |
[02:10] | hauling stuff around all day. | 整天就是拖着东西到处跑 |
[02:11] | At least when I worked in the slaughter house, | 至少我在屠宰场工作的时候 |
[02:13] | there were breaks every couple of hours to find guys’ fingers. | 时不时还有休息时间来找别人的手指 |
[02:16] | OK, next. | 下一位 |
[02:19] | Hey, man, is my tie straight? | 哥们 我领带没歪吧 |
[02:20] | Yeah… | 好着呢 |
[02:22] | Wow, everyone’s taking | 哇 大家都 |
[02:23] | these yearbook pictures pretty seriously, huh? | 把这个年鉴照挺当回事儿呢 |
[02:24] | Are you kidding? | 你开玩笑呢 |
[02:25] | This is how everyone’s going | 你在照片里什么样 |
[02:27] | to remember us for the rest of our lives. | 你在大家下半辈子的记忆中就是什么样 |
[02:29] | Yeah, it’s like a time capsule. | 对啊 这就像时光囊 |
[02:31] | I mean, our children are going to look at | 以后我们的孩子都会通过年鉴上的照片 |
[02:33] | these pictures years from now to see what we used to be like. | 了解我们以前的样子 |
[02:36] | Isn’t that right, sweetie? | 是不是啊宝贝儿 |
[02:38] | Yes… yes, it is. | 是的呢 |
[02:43] | Great, next. | 很好 下一个 |
[02:46] | Oh, another rebel, huh? | 你也是个叛逆者哈 |
[02:48] | What? | 什么 |
[02:49] | I get it, kid. The T-shirt, the scowl… you’re a tough guy. | 我懂的 穿着T恤 一脸不满 你是个难搞的家伙 |
[02:52] | You’re dangerous. | 你是个危险的家伙 |
[02:53] | I see that a lot with you scrawny ones. | 你们这种瘦巴巴的都这样 我见多了 |
[02:55] | No, that’s not… | 不是 那不 |
[02:56] | Come on, Chachi, let’s get it over with. | 行了Chachi 快点拍了完事 |
[02:58] | I made a mistake. I’d like to re-sched… | 我犯了个错 我想重新 |
[03:03] | Take that, society. | 社会啊 这下有你好受的了 |
[03:05] | Next! | 下一位 |
[03:11] | Hi, Dewey. How was school? | Dewey 今天在学校过得怎么样 |
[03:12] | Terrible! | 一团糟 |
[03:13] | I missed the school bus because I didn’t know what time it was, | 我没赶上校车 因为我不知道几点了 |
[03:16] | and then I was late for a | 后来的拼写考试 |
[03:17] | spelling test because I didn’t know what time it was, | 我也迟到了 因为我不知道几点了 |
[03:19] | and then David Klausner beat | 然后我被David Klausner揍了 |
[03:20] | me up because I didn’t know what time it was! | 因为我不知道几点了 |
[03:23] | You want to know what time it is, Dewey? | 你想知道几点了是吗 Dewey |
[03:24] | It’s half past a roof over your head, | 现在是”给你遮风挡雨的瓦 |
[03:26] | clean clothes, and three meals a day. | 干净衣服 一日三餐”点半 |
[03:28] | That’s what time it is! | 现在就这个点儿 |
[03:29] | Let me tell you something, Mom. | 妈 我告诉你 |
[03:30] | The roof leaks, the clothes | 瓦片漏水 衣服都是 |
[03:32] | are hand-me-downs, and the food stinks! | 哥哥们穿过的 一日三餐很难吃 |
[03:34] | -Room! -Dirty. | – 滚回你房间 – 脏死了 |
[03:37] | This is interesting. | 真有意思 |
[03:38] | Our credit card company sent us a | 信用卡公司给我们寄了一张募捐单 |
[03:39] | collection notice and an application for a new card. | 还有一张新信用卡申请表 |
[03:44] | Oh, my God! | 天呐 |
[03:45] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[03:47] | It’s a check for Malcolm for $10,000! | 这是一张给Malcolm的一万元支票 |
[03:49] | What?! | 什么 |
[03:50] | You’re joking! | 你开玩笑呢 |
[03:51] | No, no, no! It says it’s from a McClellan | 没有 这上面说是”麦克莱伦 |
[03:53] | Fellowship Genius Grant to further his education… | 天才奖学金”资助Malcolm未来学业的 |
[03:56] | No strings attached! | 没有任何附带条件 |
[03:57] | I can’t believe it! This is fantastic! | 真是难以置信 这太好了 |
[03:59] | It’s amazing! | 真的好极了 |
[04:01] | I’ve never seen so many zeroes on that side of the decimal point! | 我还没在小数点前看到过这么多零呢 |
[04:03] | Can you imagine what he could do with that? | 你能想象他能拿这笔钱做多少事吗 |
[04:05] | Imagine what anyone could do with that! | 谁拿这笔钱都能做很多事 |
[04:08] | Imagine what we could do with that. | 我们能拿这笔钱做多少事啊 |
[04:10] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[04:11] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[04:13] | All I’m saying is that we can do a lot with this kind of money. | 我是说我们能拿这笔钱做很多事情呢 |
[04:17] | But it’s not ours, Hal; it’s Malcolm’s. | 但这笔钱不是咱们的 Hal 这是Malcolm的 |
[04:19] | Of course, it’s Malcolm’s. | 当然是Malcolm的 |
[04:21] | But we have to take a moment to think | 但我们得想想 |
[04:23] | about what a teenager is going to do with $10,000. | 一个十几岁的孩子能拿这一万块干些什么 |
[04:26] | Well, you know he’s just | 你也知道他肯定只会 |
[04:27] | going to blow it all on Legos and penny candy. | 拿这钱去买乐高玩具和糖果 |
[04:31] | Besides, it’s not like Dr. Brainiac. | 况且他又不是布莱尼亚克 |
[04:33] | He isn’t gonna get a free ride to whatever college he wants to go to, right? | 不可能不劳而获想去哪所大学都可以 不是吗 |
[04:36] | I don’t think I like where this is going, Hal. | 我不太喜欢这场对话的走向 Hal |
[04:38] | Lois, all I’m thinking about is protecting Malcolm. | Lois 我只想保护Malcolm |
[04:42] | I mean, sure, he’s got that brilliant mind, but right | 的确 他脑子很聪明 但是现在 |
[04:44] | now it is being held hostage by gallons of crazy teenage hormones. | 他浑身上下都只有疯狂的青少年荷尔蒙 |
[04:50] | All I’m saying is maybe we should hold onto | 我的意思就是在我们暂时保管这笔钱 |
[04:52] | this for a little while, before we decide what to do with it. | 然后再好好想想能用这钱干什么 |
[04:55] | Yeah, but Hal… | 但是Hal |
[04:57] | Thanks, Mom, for letting me go to picture day dressed like this. | 妈 真是多谢你 居然让我穿着这身去照相 |
[04:59] | You made me look like a total jackass! | 你搞得我看上去像一个混蛋 |
[05:01] | It’s not your picture; you don’t care what I look like. | 又不是你照相 你当然不在乎我什么样 |
[05:04] | Any mail for me? | 有没有我的信 |
[05:08] | No. | 没有 |
[05:16] | Geez, my feet are killing me. | 天呐 我的脚痛死了 |
[05:17] | I told you, you gotta let the blood drip into your shoes. | 我跟你说了 你得滴几滴血到鞋子里 |
[05:21] | Once it coagulates, then it’s like walking on puffy clouds. | 等血凝固了 你走路就飘飘然了 |
[05:26] | Look at all these people, sitting here, just waiting for death. | 看看这些人 都坐着等死 |
[05:30] | Yeah, I’d like to show those animal rights whackos this place. | 对啊 真想让那些动物权益狂热者看看这地儿 |
[05:33] | This is exactly what would happen to cows if it wasn’t for us. | 要不是咱 那些奶牛迟早都这个下场 |
[05:37] | Wait here. I’m gonna get someone to sign for the delivery. | 在这等着 我找人签字收货 |
[05:53] | Thanks for beating Hitler. | 谢谢你打败希特勒 |
[05:54] | Now we’re gonna watch something else. | 现在我们来看看别的节目 |
[05:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[06:02] | This is pretty sweet. | 这样真好 |
[06:04] | Man, it’s true what they say old age is wasted on the old. | 怪不得人们都说 该享福的时候享不了 |
[06:17] | Hal, there’s nobody home. | Hal 家里没别人 |
[06:19] | We can’t be too careful. | 还是小心为上 |
[06:20] | Meet me at the clothesline! | 到晒衣绳那见 |
[06:26] | See, Hal? You know this is wrong. | Hal 你自己都知道这么做不对 |
[06:28] | You’re acting like you have something to hide! | 你这样搞得好像我们见不得人一样 |
[06:30] | What are you talking about? It’s a beautiful day. | 你在说什么 今天天气这么好 |
[06:32] | Since when is it a crime to get some fresh air? | 出来透透气都有罪吗 |
[06:34] | No, I thought about it, and it is just wrong. | 不 我想了 这样不对 |
[06:36] | We’re giving that money back to Malcolm. | 我们得把钱还给Malcolm |
[06:38] | Besides, the check is made out to him. | 况且支票是开给他的 |
[06:40] | The bank probably wouldn’t even… | 银行可能都不会… |
[06:44] | Put that away! | 快收起来 |
[06:47] | No, wait, let me see it again! | 不 等下 让我再看一眼 |
[06:49] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[06:51] | No, we’re not going to do this. | 不行 我们不能这么做 |
[06:54] | Honey, you are looking at this all wrong. | 亲爱的 你看待这件事儿的角度完全错了 |
[06:56] | We will pay him back. | 我们以后会还给他的 |
[06:58] | We are like a bank. | 我们就像银行一样 |
[07:00] | And banks don’t give you | 你往银行存钱 |
[07:01] | back the same exact money that you gave them. | 取出来的时候可不是当初存的那笔了 |
[07:03] | They use it, and then pay you back with different money later on. | 银行用了你的钱 他们又拿其他钱还给你 |
[07:06] | It’s what makes our economy the envy of the world. | 所以我们才是全世界的经济大国 |
[07:09] | I don’t know. It just seems wrong. | 我不知道 就是感觉不对 |
[07:10] | Look at it as a forced savings plan. | 你就把这当成一种强制储蓄计划 |
[07:13] | We’re actually doing him a favor. | 我们其实在帮他 |
[07:15] | Lois, I can honestly say that I was not a good | Lois 老实讲 我一直对Malcolm不够尽职 |
[07:18] | father to Malcolm until I forged his signature on that check. | 直到我在支票上伪造了他的签名 |
[07:24] | And we’re going to pay him back, right? | 我们会还给他的 对吧 |
[07:25] | Absolutely every cent we spend. | 一分不差 |
[07:28] | Plus interest. | 再加上利息 |
[07:28] | With no hidden handling fees. | 还没有隐性手续费 |
[07:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:39] | Good. | 太好了 |
[07:40] | Honey, we have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of here. | 亲爱的 我们根本就没什么可耻的 |
[07:44] | Okay, you go back into the house. | 好了 你先进屋 |
[07:45] | I’ll follow in 30 seconds. | 30秒后我再进去 |
[07:47] | Go on! | 去吧 |
[07:49] | Good. Next! | 好的 下一个 |
[07:51] | Sorry, pal, you had your chance. | 抱歉 你已经拍过了 |
[07:52] | No! You have to take my picture again! | 不 你必须重新给我拍 |
[07:54] | Please! | 拜托了 |
[07:55] | I thought I didn’t care what people think of me, but I do. | 我原以为我不在乎别人怎么看我 但我错了 |
[07:58] | I really do! | 我真的在乎 |
[07:59] | Look, kid, I’m making 20 cents a head, | 孩子 一张照片我只赚20分 |
[08:01] | and re-shoots come out of my pocket. | 重新照的话我得自己掏腰包 |
[08:03] | That adds up to “I don’t give a crap.” | 总之就是 “老子才不管你” |
[08:05] | Don’t blame me that you’re a | 你自己是一个没有才华的小丑 |
[08:06] | no-talent clown who couldn’t even cut it at Sears! | 连去百货公司照相都不够格 怪我干什么 |
[08:09] | I’m not going anywhere until you take my picture! | 你不给我拍我就不走了 |
[08:12] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[08:13] | Let’s go. | 来吧 |
[08:15] | Let’s just get rid of some of that shine. | 你脸上太亮了 擦擦 |
[08:27] | What did you do?! | 你做了什么 |
[08:29] | I look terrible! | 我看着糟透了 |
[08:30] | It looks pretty good to me. | 我觉得挺好 |
[08:31] | But that’s just one clown’s opinion. Next! | 但这只是小丑的意见 下一个 |
[09:19] | Aren’t you the meat delivery guy? | 你不是那个送肉的吗 |
[09:21] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你在这干嘛 |
[09:24] | I, um… | 我 |
[09:25] | He’s my grandson. | 他是我孙子 |
[09:27] | He’s here visiting me. | 他是来看我的 |
[09:32] | Hi, Grandma. | 奶奶 |
[09:34] | It’s great to see you. | 见着你真好 |
[09:36] | You can drop the act, kid. | 孩子 不用演了 |
[09:38] | I haven’t lost my marbles. | 我还没傻 |
[09:40] | I just like seeing someone have some fun around here. | 我就是喜欢看到有人能在这玩得开心 |
[09:46] | Clothesline. | 晒衣绳见 |
[09:52] | I got an estimate for the new pipes! | 我估算了一下新水管的价钱 |
[09:54] | Think of it, Hal, clean water, on demand, | Hal 你想想 清水 想来就来 |
[09:57] | the decision of hot or cold water entirely up to us! | 我们要热水就出热水 要冷水就出冷水 |
[10:00] | Yes, well, we could spend the money on new pipes, | 是的 我们可以把钱花在新水管上 |
[10:04] | or we could put a down payment on her. | 但是我们也可以把钱花在她身上 |
[10:08] | – Where did you get this? – At the boat show. | – 你从哪拿的 – 船展上 |
[10:09] | Boat show? | 船展 |
[10:10] | Lois, I was on my way to work, when all of a sudden | Lois 我在上班路上 突然间我就看到了 |
[10:12] | I see this giant billboard for the boat show, only 60 miles away! | 一个巨大广告牌 60英里之外就有个船展 |
[10:17] | Now I’m not saying there’s an | 我并不是说 |
[10:19] | invisible hand guiding our lives, but what are the odds? | 有人在无形中操纵我们 但这也太巧了吧 |
[10:23] | We’re not wasting the money on a boat. | 我们才不会把钱浪费在一艘船上 |
[10:24] | It’s not wasting, it’s investing! | 这不是浪费 这是投资 |
[10:27] | A boat is a money-maker, Lois. | 船就是赚钱机器啊 Lois |
[10:29] | Do you know how many opportunities we have | 你知不知道我们错过了多少机会 |
[10:31] | missed out on because we weren’t traveling in the right circles? | 就因为我们没有行驶在正确的航线上 |
[10:34] | Where are all the connections being made, | 在那儿 万物相通 |
[10:37] | the elbows being rubbed, the deals going down? | 人们摩肩接踵 买卖划算 |
[10:40] | – The yacht club! – Forget it! | – 就是游艇俱乐部 – 没门儿 |
[10:42] | We’re not spending Malcolm’s money on a boat. | 我们不会用Malcolm的钱买船 |
[10:44] | That’s final! | 就这样 |
[10:47] | Lois Lois… | |
[10:56] | You’re looking at this the wrong way. | 你完全想错了 |
[10:58] | It’s not Malcolm’s money anymore. | 这不是Malcolm的钱了 |
[11:01] | Until we pay him back, it’s ours. | 在我们把钱还给他之前 这钱就是我们的 |
[11:06] | All right, maybe I was reaching too | 好吧 也许这艘大船 |
[11:07] | far with the big one, but just take a look at these… | 确实不太可能 但你看一眼这个 |
[11:13] | You can choose the Wave Skimmer or the Weekender. | 你可以选择浪上蜻蜓号或者度假者号 |
[11:19] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[11:22] | I like this one. | 我喜欢这艘 |
[11:29] | Unbelievable! | 真是荒唐 |
[11:30] | You know what’s going on, Mom? How could he do this to me?! | 妈 你知道发生什么了吗 他怎么能这么对我 |
[11:32] | Malcolm, I know it looks bad, but let me explain! | Malcolm 我知道很糟 但你听我解释 |
[11:35] | Don’t try and stick up for him, Mom. | 妈 别想替他说好话 |
[11:36] | Oh, Malcolm, I know he’s not perfect, but I love him. | Malcolm 我知道他并不完美 但我爱他 |
[11:40] | You love my yearbook photographer? | 你爱我的年鉴照相师 |
[11:43] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:44] | Well… maybe love is too | 也许说”爱”有点过了 |
[11:46] | strong a word for it, but he does great work. | 不过他真的很厉害 |
[11:50] | The guy’s hired to take good yearbook pictures! | 学校是请他照好看的照片的 |
[11:53] | Now my grandchildren are gonna look at my | 现在好了 50年后我的孙子看着我的照片 |
[11:54] | photo in 50 years and think that their grandfather was a dork! | 还以为他们的爷爷是个傻缺呢 |
[11:57] | Well, then I’m going to have to rethink my feelings for him. | 这样的话 我得重新考虑我对他的感情了 |
[12:03] | Hello? | 喂 |
[12:04] | Uh, yes. | 嗯 |
[12:06] | ‘Ello, Guv’nor. | 老大你好 |
[12:07] | Is your mum at home? | 你妈在家吗 |
[12:09] | It’s Dad. | 是老爸 |
[12:12] | Hal Hal? | |
[12:13] | Clothesline. | 晒衣绳见 |
[12:17] | What’s he doing here? | 他在这干嘛 |
[12:18] | He’s in. | 我们是一条船上的人了 |
[12:18] | What?! | 什么 |
[12:19] | – How did… – He just is! | – 他怎么 – 他就是 |
[12:21] | Look, it’s isn’t important how it happened. | 事情发生的原因并不重要 |
[12:23] | Let’s just move on with this, okay? | 咱们能不提这事儿了不 |
[12:25] | Look, Dewey, you understand we’re not stealing this money. | Dewey 你得明白 我们并不是偷了这笔钱 |
[12:28] | Every cent is going back to Malcolm. We’re a bank. | 我们都会还给Malcolm的 我们就是银行 |
[12:31] | Yeah, well, this bank is getting a Rolex. A big one. | 这个银行要买块劳力士了 还要买块大的 |
[12:34] | That money is going towards new pipes for the house! | 这笔钱要用来装新水管的 |
[12:36] | She can spend her share any way she wants. | 她那份她想怎么花就怎么花 |
[12:38] | And I’m spending my share on a Rolex. | 我要用我那份钱买块劳力士 |
[12:40] | I think I’ve earned it. | 这是我争取来的 |
[12:41] | There are no shares! Listen to me! | 根本就没什么份额 都听我说 |
[12:43] | We are not splitting up that money! | 我们不会分那笔钱的 |
[12:45] | Who put you in charge? | 凭什么我们得听你的 |
[12:46] | Yeah, who put you in charge? Let’s vote. | 就是 凭什么我们得听你的 我们投票 |
[12:48] | There will be no voting! | 不准投票 |
[12:50] | I vote there’s voting. | 我投票我们投票 |
[12:51] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[12:53] | – I’m going to get the money. – It’s not there anymore. | – 我去把钱拿过来 – 不在那儿了 |
[12:55] | I moved it. | 我已经把钱转移了 |
[12:56] | I know. | 我知道 |
[12:57] | I moved it from where you moved it. | 我又从你转移后的地儿把钱转移了 |
[12:58] | And I moved it again. | 之后我又转移了 |
[13:00] | What? | 什么 |
[13:00] | – I was the one who came up with this idea… – The money is safe. | – 是我想出这个主意的 – 钱现在很安全 |
[13:05] | Give it! | 交出来 |
[13:12] | And that… | 这个 |
[13:14] | is the French Tuck! | 就是法式塞衣服 |
[13:18] | I don’t know. It sounds to me like he was asking to be beaten up. | 我也说不好 但给我的感觉是他自己欠揍 |
[13:23] | That’s what I said! | 我就是这么说的 |
[13:24] | Just because you’re a crossing guard, you’re suddenly off limits? | 就因为你是交通协管员 我就不能碰你了么 |
[13:26] | “Walk, don’t walk…” | “可以走了 别走” |
[13:28] | Who the hell is he to boss me around? | 他算哪根葱啊还想指挥我 |
[13:29] | It’s nice to see someone with a little spirit. | 终于看到还有点精气神的人了 |
[13:32] | So many young people just lie about the house, | 很多年轻人都在家躺着 |
[13:35] | just watching their Miami Vice and MTV’s. | 看看<迈阿密风云>和MTV电视台的节目 |
[13:39] | Pie? | 来点馅饼 |
[13:40] | This is great. | 这样真好 |
[13:42] | I never knew old people could be nice. | 我以前都不知道原来老人也可以这么友善 |
[13:44] | I thought you were all wrinkled bags | 我以为你们就是一袋皱巴巴的皮肤 |
[13:45] | of skin babbling about how stuff used to cost less. | 整天叨叨以前物价多么便宜 |
[13:47] | No, some are like that, but | 没有啦 有些人确实是那样 |
[13:49] | there’s a few of us who still have some life left. | 但少数人的生命中还是有点乐趣的 |
[13:58] | Who’s the geezer? | 那老家伙是谁 |
[13:58] | That’s Teddy. | 那是Teddy |
[14:00] | Handsome, isn’t he? | 很帅吧 |
[14:02] | You want me to push you over to him? | 你要我把你推过去吗 |
[14:03] | No, I don’t think that would be a good idea. | 我觉得这样不太好 |
[14:05] | See, we’re not allowed to have romances around here. | 他们不准我们在这里谈恋爱 |
[14:08] | It’s as if they don’t think | 好像他们觉得 |
[14:09] | we’re capable of having feelings anymore. | 我们都不会有情感一样 |
[14:12] | That is totally unfair! | 这真是太不公平了 |
[14:14] | I mean, as long as the two of you can | 只要你们两个看见对方裸体 |
[14:15] | see each other naked and still keep your lunches down, | 同时还能保证不反胃 |
[14:17] | you should be able to do whatever it is you want to do. | 你就能够做你想做的 |
[14:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:26] | Okay, I alphabetized all the seniors’ names, | 我把高三学生的名字都按字母顺序排好了 |
[14:28] | helped lug your equipment for three days from here to your shop | 三天来一直帮你来回搬照相设备 |
[14:31] | and I held the lights for those creepy photo shoots. | 我还帮那些照着特诡异的人打光 |
[14:33] | You have to take another picture of me. | 你必须得帮我重新拍张照片 |
[14:35] | You held up your part of the bargain, | 该做的你都做了 |
[14:37] | I’ll hold up mine. Sit down. | 我也会说到做到 坐下 |
[14:38] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[14:40] | Chin to the left… | 下巴往左边一点 |
[14:42] | Square your shoulders… | 肩膀放平 |
[14:45] | Smile! | 笑笑 |
[14:53] | What did you do to me?! | 你对我做了什么 |
[14:54] | I look like a freak! | 我看上去像一个怪胎 |
[14:56] | Kid, that’s you. | 孩子 这就是你 |
[14:58] | That’s what you look like. | 你看上去就是这样的 |
[14:59] | I can’t let my grandchildren see me like that! | 我可不能让我的孙子看到我这样啊 |
[15:01] | You have to fix it! | 你得想点办法 |
[15:03] | Put on a special filter, or-or brighter lights… | 再加个滤镜 或者把光调亮点 |
[15:05] | Please, do something! | 拜托了 你必须得想想办法 |
[15:06] | Sorry, kid. That’s the best I can do. | 抱歉 我只能做到这样了 |
[15:09] | I’m a yearbook photographer, not a magician. | 我是一个照年鉴照的 不是魔术师 |
[15:21] | Where have you been? | 你上哪去了 |
[15:22] | School. | 学校 |
[15:23] | That story better hold up, Mister. | 但愿你把谎话编圆了 |
[15:25] | Your father wants to count the money again. | 你爸想重新数数钱 |
[15:27] | I just think we all get along better when we know it’s all here. | 我觉得钱全放这儿 我们才能更加融洽 |
[15:30] | By the way, I’m going to need some of this. | 对了 我得拿点钱 |
[15:32] | I got an estimate to fix my transmission. | 我拿到了修理变速器的估价单 |
[15:35] | This receipt is from 1986, Hal! | 这张收据是1986年的 Hal |
[15:38] | I can see where you erased the date! | 我能看到你在这涂改了日期 |
[15:39] | Amateur. | 外行 |
[15:40] | Oh, yeah? Well, how do I know this plumber’s for real, | 是吗 那我怎么知道这个水管工是不是真的 |
[15:42] | and not just some actor that you hired? | 还是你请的演员啊 |
[15:44] | Yeah, yeah, yeah, I held auditions while you were at work, Hal! | 是啊 你上班的时候我叫他们来试镜了 |
[15:47] | I knew it! | 我就知道 |
[15:48] | Listen to yourself! You’ve gone insane! | 听听你说的话 你疯了吧 |
[15:50] | That would be pretty convenient for you, wouldn’t it? | 那你就如心所愿了是吧 |
[15:52] | Well, you are not locking me away! | 反正你别想把我甩掉 |
[15:54] | I haven’t trusted either of you since I was six! | 我从6岁起就再也没相信过你们两个了 |
[15:56] | All right, all right, let’s just split it. | 好了好了 我们干脆分了算了 |
[15:59] | Three ways, and we’ll all be happy. | 分成三份 这样就皆大欢喜了 |
[16:01] | I wouldn’t say happy, but it’s a start. | 我可不会觉得”欢喜” 但至少开了个好头 |
[16:02] | I have a better idea. | 我有个更好的主意 |
[16:05] | We just stop this nonsense and give the money back to Malcolm. | 我们都别无理取闹了 把钱还给Malcolm |
[16:08] | Okay, you can have your pipes. | 好吧 装你的水管吧 |
[16:10] | No, Hal, this isn’t a bargaining tool. | 不 Hal 这不是谈判策略 |
[16:12] | This money has turned us into animals. | 这笔钱让我们兽性大发 |
[16:15] | I’m going down to the bank tomorrow | 我明天早上就去银行 |
[16:16] | morning and getting a cashier’s check in Malcolm’s name. | 以Malcolm的名义开张支票 |
[16:18] | Then the three of us can slink away | 然后我们三个可以脱身 |
[16:20] | and forget that this whole thing ever happened. | 忘掉发生的这一切 |
[16:25] | Can’t you control that woman? | 你就不能管好你的女人吗 |
[16:27] | Watch your tone, young man! | 注意你的语气 年轻人 |
[16:29] | Or else what? | 不然呢 |
[16:30] | You’ll just cave, like you did with Mom. | 你只会退步 就像你对妈妈一样 |
[16:32] | All right, that’s it! Go to your room! | 够了 回你房间去 |
[16:38] | I think maybe we should both go to our rooms. | 我觉得我俩都得各自回房 |
[16:42] | Fine! | 算你狠 |
[16:56] | Code blue! Code blue! | 蓝色警报 蓝色警报 |
[17:35] | I think some of these are Viagra. Go for it. | 我觉得这里头应该有伟哥 来吧 |
[17:37] | What can we do to repay you? | 我们怎样才能报答你 |
[17:40] | Give me a five-minute head start. | 等5分钟再开始 |
[17:46] | Honey, we want to apologize. | 亲爱的 我们想道歉 |
[17:50] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[17:50] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[17:51] | We were turning into monsters. | 我们都兽性大发 |
[17:53] | The bad kind. | 不好的那种 |
[17:54] | You’re just so much stronger than we are. | 你比我们坚强太多了 |
[17:57] | Thank God for your levelheadedness. | 还好你这么冷静 |
[17:58] | Thank God there was someone | 还好这房子里 |
[17:59] | in this house who was able to keep their sanity. | 还有人能保持理智 |
[18:02] | And you taught us a lot of important lessons about… | 你给我们好好地上了一课 |
[18:04] | honesty and trust. | 教导我们什么是诚实和信任 |
[18:07] | So… | 所以 |
[18:08] | if you’ll just tell us where you hid the money… | 如果你告诉我们你把钱藏到哪里了 |
[18:14] | I’ve done something very bad. | 我做了一件大错特错的事儿 |
[18:16] | What? | 怎么了 |
[18:23] | There was this antique store across the street from the bank. | 银行对面有一个古玩店 |
[18:26] | And I saw this dollhouse in the window. | 我在橱窗里看到了这个娃娃屋 |
[18:29] | And the next thing I knew, I was walking out with it. | 等我回过神我已经买下来了 |
[18:31] | It was like that money in my pocket killed the old Lois | 感觉就像是我口袋里钱杀死了以前的Lois |
[18:34] | and replaced her with a crazy person… | 取而代之的是一个疯子 |
[18:36] | It’s okay, honey. I mean… | 亲爱的 没关系 |
[18:38] | So what if you spent a couple | 你不就花了几百块钱 |
[18:39] | hundred dollars on a dollhouse? It’s no big deal. | 买了个娃娃屋嘛 没什么大不了的 |
[18:42] | Now where’s the rest of the money? | 剩下的钱呢 |
[18:44] | There isn’t any. | 一分不剩了 |
[18:45] | What?! | 什么 |
[18:46] | You-You spent ten thousand dollars on a stupid dollhouse?! | 你花了一万块买这么个蠢娃娃屋 |
[18:50] | They wanted 12. | 他们开价一万二呢 |
[18:52] | But look, Hal… | 但你看 Hal |
[18:53] | it has a tiny little dumbwaiter, and the lights really work. | 这还有个小小的上菜架 这些灯都能亮呢 |
[19:13] | Hi, Judith. | 嗨 Judith |
[19:14] | Oh, hello, Reese. | Reese 你好啊 |
[19:16] | I want to thank you so much for everything you’ve done. | 我想感谢你所做的一切 |
[19:20] | It felt good to do something nice for a change. | 偶尔做点好事感觉真不错 |
[19:22] | I’m seriously thinking about peppering that into my repertoire. | 我在认真考虑把这一项加到我的日常中 |
[19:25] | Are you the one who helped | 昨天是你帮助 |
[19:26] | Judith and Teddy get together yesterday? | Judith和Teddy鬼混吗 |
[19:28] | Yes, I am, and I would do it again. | 是我 我也愿意再这么做一次 |
[19:30] | Your rules are just stupid. | 你们的规定太不合理了 |
[19:32] | I mean, who does it hurt to let two old people be happy? | 让两位老人开心一点又会怎样呢 |
[19:34] | You whore! | 你这个婊子 |
[19:36] | You stole my husband! | 你偷了我的丈夫 |
[19:39] | No, I just used him without | 没有 我只是未经你的准许 |
[19:41] | your permission and gave him back to you… | 用了他 然后又把他还给你了而已 |
[19:45] | Just like someone did with my sewing machine. | 就像某人对我的缝纫机那样 |
[19:50] | Look at her. | 看看她 |
[19:52] | I couldn’t say no! How can you say no to that? | 我怎么忍心拒绝 谁能忍心拒绝她 |
[19:54] | Oh, shut up, you old fool! | 闭嘴吧 你这个蠢老头 |
[19:57] | Wait! I can fix this! | 等下 我能解决这个问题 |
[19:59] | Just get back at him by sleeping with someone else! | 你就和别人上床来报复他就行了 |
[20:03] | How about him? | 他怎么样 |
[20:06] | When he has his teeth in, he’s quite the looker! | 装上假牙的时候还是挺帅的 |
[20:13] | Okay, I sold my car. | 好了 我把我的车卖了 |
[20:15] | Well, we’ll add that to what I got | 再加上我的订婚戒指 |
[20:17] | for my engagement ring and my grandmother’s pearls. | 和我祖母的珠宝换来的钱 |
[20:20] | No one wanted to buy my bike, | 没人想买我的单车 |
[20:21] | but a bunch of kids did pay to watch me eat a centipede. | 但有几个小孩愿意付钱看我吃蜈蚣 |
[20:25] | We’re doing the right thing. | 我们干了正确的事 |
[20:27] | We should all remember that. | 我们应该都铭记这点 |
[20:28] | Quit sermonizing. | 别说教了 |
[20:29] | I’ll get enough of that from the nut-jobs on the bus. | 往后我坐公车的时候再听那些疯子慢慢讲 |
[20:36] | You guys aren’t gonna believe it! | 你们不会相信的 |
[20:38] | I got a McClellan Fellowship Grant for $3,857! | 麦克莱伦奖学金给了我3875块钱呢 |
[20:43] | That’s wonderful, Malcolm! | 真好啊 Malcolm |
[20:44] | Congratulations, son. | 恭喜你 儿子 |
[20:46] | Yeah, congratulations. | 恭喜啊 |
[20:48] | This couldn’t have come at a better time! | 这笔钱真是来得太及时了 |
[20:49] | I know exactly what I’m gonna do with it! | 我知道我要用它干嘛 |
[21:08] | Let’s see them call me a dork now. | 看看现在谁还会叫我呆子 |