时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | What’d I miss? | 我错过什么没有 |
[00:04] | There was this big flash, some fire shot out, | 一道巨亮的闪光 有火花窜出 |
[00:07] | and now he’s just coming to. | 他现在刚回过神 |
[00:07] | What?! I was only gone for a second! | 啥 我才走开几秒而已啊 |
[00:09] | Shh! I want to see this. | 嘘 别影响我看 |
[00:12] | Oh, for God’s sake, Hal! | 噢 天呐 Hal |
[00:14] | Pay the money and get a repairman. | 花钱找人来修啊 |
[00:16] | I am not wasting good money when I am perfectly capable… | 我自己能搞定 干嘛要花这个冤枉钱 |
[01:01] | Scholarships, financial aid cover $26,000. | 奖学金助学金有26000刀 |
[01:04] | Plus the Fleish Grant, the Hanelin Fellowship, | 另外还有Fleish奖学金 Hanelin奖学金 |
[01:06] | the $220 scratcher your dad won. | 还有你爸刮刮乐赢的220刀 |
[01:08] | I got accepted into Harvard. | 我被哈佛大学录取了 |
[01:10] | We don’t know how we’re going to pay for it, | 我们还没想出怎么付学费 |
[01:11] | but we’ve got to find a way. | 但会有办法的 |
[01:13] | It’s my dream school. | 这可是我的理想大学 |
[01:14] | It’s 2,000 miles away from Mom. | 那里离老妈可有2000英里那么远 |
[01:16] | The Cook Grant… | 还有Cook奖学金 |
[01:18] | we’re still $5,000 short. | 我们还少5000刀 |
[01:19] | What?! | 啥 |
[01:20] | Those thieving Harvard bastards! | 哈佛这帮抢钱的孙子 |
[01:22] | Well, well, well. | 瞧一瞧 看一看啊 |
[01:24] | Mr. Knows How To Multiply is freaking out about his future | “会乘法”先生对自己的将来抓狂了吗 |
[01:27] | while I am set for life. | 我可是已经安顿好了 |
[01:29] | Reese, don’t you think | Reese 你不觉得 |
[01:30] | it’s even a little bit sad to become a janitor at your own high school? | 做自己以前高中的保洁员有点可悲吗 |
[01:33] | Assistant janitor. All mop and no paperwork. | 是助理保洁员 只要拖地不用做文案 |
[01:36] | Okay, I’ve packed all your winter clothes, | 好了 帮你把你冬天的衣服 |
[01:38] | your comic books and half your knickknacks. | 漫画书 还有一半的小摆件都打包好了 |
[01:40] | Guess what. | 你猜怎么着 |
[01:41] | We have the same Quiet Riot CD, roomie. | 我们有同样的Quiet Riot的CD哟 室友 |
[01:44] | Stop calling me that. | 别这么叫我 |
[01:45] | I’m not your roommate for another two weeks. | 接下来俩礼拜我都还不是你室友 |
[01:47] | 12 days! | 是12天 |
[01:48] | The second you graduate, you are out of this house and into his. | 一毕业你就给我滚去他那里 |
[01:54] | What other jobs can you get? | 你还能找到其它什么工作吗 |
[01:55] | I’ve already got three shifts in the cafeteria, | 我在食堂有三天班 |
[01:57] | Monday and Wednesday at the bookstore | 周一周三在书店 |
[01:58] | and mopping the dorms at night. | 晚上在宿舍楼拖地 |
[02:00] | I don’t know, I guess I could chop vegetables during chem lab. | 说不定可以在化学实验时出去做厨房切工 |
[02:02] | This is outrageous! | 太不像话了 |
[02:03] | Kids with half your brains are getting full rides! | 只有你一半的聪明的孩子都能有全额奖学金 |
[02:06] | They didn’t correct their interviewer on his pronunciation of “Sarte.” | 他们没有在面试时去纠正面试官”赛特”的发音 |
[02:08] | Sartre. | 是”萨特” |
[02:09] | I don’t care. We will find our money somehow. | 我不管 我们一定要想办法搞到钱 |
[02:14] | This is as good a time as any to talk about it. | 现在是时候告诉你件事了 |
[02:17] | I do have a private life. | 我是有个人生活的 |
[02:18] | I’ll keep it confined to my own room, | 我会把它限制在自己房间范围里 |
[02:21] | but you should probably know my safe word. | 不过你最好还是知道我的安全词 |
[02:25] | It’s weird to think about. | 想想还真奇怪 |
[02:27] | Pretty soon you guys will be gone. | 再没多久你们就都不在了 |
[02:29] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[02:30] | And this… | 还有这样 |
[02:31] | just sitting around hanging out… | 坐在这 聚在一起玩 |
[02:33] | We’re not going to have many more of these. | 再也不会有了 |
[02:34] | No, we sure won’t. | 当然不会 |
[02:37] | Seems like only yesterday you and I were going to homecoming, | 我们一起去返校节好像还是昨天的事一样 |
[02:41] | putting the school paper to bed, | 一起印制校报啦 |
[02:43] | fretting over our first big date with Sharon Hines. | 为我们和Sharon Hines的第一次约会紧张不已啦 |
[02:47] | That kiss went on forever. | 那一吻回味无穷 |
[02:49] | Uh, Mr. Kenarban, Stevie’s supposed to help me work on my speech. | 呃 Kenarban先生 Stevie还要帮我准备演讲呢 |
[02:52] | Right, right. | 对 对 |
[02:54] | Mr. Valedictorian. | “毕业致辞”先生 |
[02:56] | Congratulations again. | 再次恭喜 |
[02:58] | I’m glad my son can help you out with your big, important speech. | 很高兴我儿子能帮你准备这次重要演讲 |
[03:01] | It’s probably that selflessness that got him the second spot. | 可能就是这种无私奉献让他拿第二名的 |
[03:04] | Dad! | 老爸 |
[03:05] | I’m not insulting salutatorian. It’s… | 我不是在讽刺 只是 |
[03:07] | It’s quite an honor. | 这挺光荣的 |
[03:08] | I’m just glad that even after I got cedric Hampton | 我很高兴看到即使我帮学校 |
[03:11] | to be the school’s commencement speaker, | 找来Cedric Hampton做毕业礼主持人 |
[03:13] | they still had the integrity | 他们依然秉承公正 |
[03:15] | to make you valedictorian and not my crippled son. | 找你做毕业致辞发言人而不是我的残疾儿子 |
[03:18] | Go! | 走吧 |
[03:20] | I wonder if moving out and being on my own is going to change me? | 不知道搬出去自立后我会有什么变化 |
[03:24] | Do you think I’ll get a British accent? | 你们觉得我会有英国口音吗 |
[03:26] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[03:28] | Hey, wait. | 嘿 等等 |
[03:30] | You know what us moving out means. | 你们知道搬出去意味着什么吧 |
[03:31] | What? | 什么 |
[03:32] | We can get rid of the nuclear option. | 我们可以甩掉核武大招了 |
[03:34] | – Oh, my God. – You’re right. | – 天呐 – 你说得对 |
[03:41] | What’s the… nuclear option? | 核武大招是什么 |
[03:45] | Evidence of the worst thing we ever did. | 我们干过的最坏的事儿的证据 |
[03:52] | This is what made sure that | 这玩意儿让我们确保 |
[03:53] | no matter how bad we screwed each other over, | 不管我们怎么整对方 |
[03:56] | there was always a limit. | 都得有个限度 |
[03:57] | None of us could push anyone to a point where they had nothing to lose. | 我们都不可以置对方于死地 |
[04:00] | Or they’d just pull the trigger and destroy all of us. | 不然就打开这个同归于尽 |
[04:03] | How bad… can it be? | 能有 多坏 |
[04:06] | One time we made Mom think… she had cancer. | 有一次我们让老妈相信自己得了癌症 |
[04:10] | But we had a really good reason. | 不过我们有正当理由的 |
[04:12] | Stop saying it’ll be all right! | 别说什么没事儿没事儿了 |
[04:14] | You’ll never be able to raise them alone! | 你自己一个人养不了他们 |
[04:17] | Mom, I know this is a bad time, but… | 老妈 我知道不是时候 不过 |
[04:20] | can you sign these report cards? | 你能不能把这成绩单签了 |
[04:25] | It’s not like we’re proud of it. | 我们也没感觉自豪啦 |
[04:27] | I mean, we were proud of it, but we’re not proud of it now. | 我是说 以前是 可现在一点也不 |
[04:29] | The point is, we can get rid of it. | 重点是我们可以甩了这个了 |
[04:31] | Dewey, I think you should do this. | Dewey 我觉得应当由你来做 |
[04:33] | Really? | 是吗 |
[04:34] | Me? | 我吗 |
[04:36] | You’re going to be the oldest around here soon. | 你马上就是这里的老大了 |
[04:37] | It’ll be good for your maturity. | 这有助于你的成长 |
[04:40] | This is your show. | 该你上场了 |
[04:41] | Make us proud. | 别让我们失望 |
[04:43] | I always pictured this day coming, except both of you were dead. | 我一直期待这天来临 只不过是你们都死了 |
[04:47] | What the heck, it still feels great. | 管他呢 这感觉太棒了 |
[04:51] | Listen, I am begging you. | 听着 我求你了 |
[04:52] | I just need $5,000. | 我只要5000刀 |
[04:54] | You think I would be calling you if I wasn’t desperate? | 你觉得我要不是绝望了会打给你吗 |
[04:58] | Look, I know how much you hate me, but… | 听着 我知道你有多恨我 |
[05:01] | No kidding, I’m at rock bottom. | 说真的 我已经在谷底了 |
[05:03] | I’ve got no money, no prospects and nowhere else to turn. | 我没钱 没前途 走投无路 |
[05:09] | Well, can I speak to a senior loan officer? | 我能和更高层的信贷员谈谈吗 |
[05:13] | So, 3:15 you make the last round of the bathrooms. | 所以呢 3点15你最后擦一次厕所 |
[05:16] | Toilet 12 is a bit of a diva. | 12号厕所可不一般 |
[05:18] | Then you rinse your mop in hot water | 然后用热水冲洗拖把 |
[05:20] | and disinfectant, and you hang it on a yellow peg. | 消消毒 把它挂在黄色栓子上 |
[05:23] | Any questions? | 有问题吗 |
[05:24] | Yeah. Why would you ever go home? | 有 你干嘛还要回家 |
[05:27] | This job is better than I could ever imagine. | 这份活比我想象的还好 |
[05:30] | A cool uniform, | 酷酷的制服 |
[05:31] | the power to cordon off wet floors. | 有权给湿地板立警戒 |
[05:34] | You’re not just some creepy loner hanging around the school. | 你不再是学校里吓人的不合群份子 |
[05:37] | You’re the janitor! | 你是保洁员大人 |
[05:38] | Don’t get too excited, kid. | 别兴奋过头 小子 |
[05:40] | You’ll be gone after 30 days. | 30天后你就走了 |
[05:41] | Oh, no, I am really committed to this. | 噢 不 我真的决心要干这个 |
[05:43] | No, no, no, you don’t understand. | 不不不 你不懂 |
[05:45] | This is a union gig. | 这是工会的行规 |
[05:46] | Once you get past the 30-day probation, you’re locked for life. | 一旦你过了30天试用 你就被绑定一辈子了 |
[05:49] | Full benefits, medical, everything. | 全额福利 医疗保险 还有其他一切 |
[05:52] | So they never keep a new guy for more than a month. | 所以他们从来不会让一个新人干超过一个月 |
[05:56] | Hey, I’m sorry, kid. | 嘿 抱歉 小子 |
[05:57] | You really seem to be a natural at this. | 你真的天生适合干这个 |
[05:59] | I’ve never seen anybody take to garbage the way you do. | 我从没见过有人能像你那样收垃圾 |
[06:01] | There’s got to be some way. | 一定有办法的 |
[06:03] | I mean… I mean, what if there was a mess… | 我是说 如果有个 |
[06:06] | a mess that was so big and sticky and disgusting, | 又大又黏又臭的烂摊子呢 |
[06:09] | that it was impossible to clean up in less than 30 days? | 烂到30天里面根本弄不干净 |
[06:12] | It’s a beautiful thought, kid. | 想法不错 小子 |
[06:14] | But there’s no such thing as a 30-day mess. | 不过根本没有那种30天都弄不干净的烂摊子 |
[06:19] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[06:20] | Well, they also said they’d never put a man on Mars. | 他们不是还说人上不了火星吗 |
[06:28] | Sorry we’re late. | 抱歉来晚了 |
[06:29] | You wouldn’t believe the fight we got in over shower curtains. | 你想不出我们洗澡时吵得多凶 |
[06:32] | Those dolphins were gay. | 那些海豚是基佬 |
[06:33] | You think all dolphins are gay. | 你觉得海豚都是基佬 |
[06:35] | All dolphins are gay. | 所有的海豚都是基佬 |
[06:36] | Dolphins can kill sharks. | 海豚可是能杀死鲨鱼的 |
[06:37] | Gay guys can kill sharks, and they’re still gay. | 基佬能杀死鲨鱼 可他们还是基佬 |
[06:40] | Can we begin? | 能开始了吗 |
[06:46] | With this fire, a terrible | 点了这把火 |
[06:48] | secret that bound us together is gone forever. | 将我们维系在一起的可怕秘密就永远消失了 |
[06:51] | Jamie will grow up in a world without | Jamie会成长在一个 |
[06:53] | the fear that haunted every second of our lives. | 不需要时刻担惊受怕的环境中 |
[06:55] | He’ll learn to give birthday presents out of love, not blackmail, | 他会学着出于爱意送生日礼物 而不是勒索 |
[06:59] | and to share out of the generosity of his heart, | 以及出于大方而去分享 |
[07:01] | not the dread in the pit of his stomach. | 而不用担心肚子上狠挨一下 |
[07:03] | With this fire, a curse | 点上这把火 |
[07:05] | is lifted and a brilliant new dawn is born. | 诅咒消散 光明降临 |
[07:08] | – Amen. – Amen. | – 阿门 – 阿门 |
[07:15] | Nice touch. | 真感人 |
[07:19] | You know, if you want me to take a look at your valedictory speech, | 嘿 要是你想让我看看你的毕业致辞演讲 |
[07:22] | I’d be happy to. | 我会很乐意的 |
[07:23] | Mom, stop it. | 老妈 别说了 |
[07:24] | I don’t want anyone to see it until it’s ready. | 完成前我不想给任何人看 |
[07:26] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[07:29] | But if you ever want some fresh ears… | 不过你要是想要些新鲜的建议 |
[07:31] | No, I’m really happy with it. Just let me do this. | 不要 我已经很满意了 让我自己来 |
[07:33] | Okay, okay. | 好吧好吧 |
[07:37] | But why are you quoting a rap group when there are people | 可你干嘛要引用一个说唱乐队呢 |
[07:39] | like Paul McCartney out there who are just as relevant | 他们可是把自己内裤秀给大家看的 |
[07:41] | and don’t go around showing off the tops of their underpants? | 明明还有像Paul McCartney这样的人可以引用啊 |
[07:54] | It’s a start. | 这只是开始 |
[08:26] | Susan, I’m sorry. | Susan 对不起 |
[08:28] | Mom just bullied me into giving her our last ticket for graduation. | 老妈刚才逼我把我们毕业典礼最后一张票给她 |
[08:32] | Because the last time I stood up to her | 因为我上次顶撞她后 |
[08:34] | someone dumped a pig’s head down our chimney. | 就有人往我们烟囱里扔死猪头 |
[08:37] | Besides, she’s already on her way. | 而且 她已经在路上了 |
[08:39] | She’s driving down with Francis and Piama. | 她和Francis还有Piama一起开车来 |
[08:43] | Lois, I really think he’s going to do it this time! | Lois 我觉得他这次是来真的了 |
[08:45] | You’ve got to stop him! | 你得制止他 |
[08:48] | There you are. | 终于到手了 |
[08:49] | I drove by 80 miles of blunt objects just to get to you. | 我开了80里路 略过了一堆钝器就为了找到你 |
[08:52] | I hope you run! | 你最好跑路吧 |
[08:55] | You better make that first swing count, Princess. | 你最好能一击毙命 王子殿下 |
[09:00] | Hi, Mom. | 嗨 老妈 |
[09:01] | Finish your cigarette and I’ll make you some lunch. | 抽完烟 我会给你弄午饭 |
[09:04] | Come on, you can help me make your beds. | 来吧 帮我一起给你们铺床 |
[09:06] | I don’t know why those two can’t get along… | 搞不懂这俩怎么就合不来 |
[09:08] | You had to make a speech first, didn’t you? | 你非要来个长篇大论是吗 |
[09:10] | Hal Hal… | |
[09:11] | Right. | 好的 |
[09:12] | Son, don’t feel bad. | 儿子 别往心里去 |
[09:15] | In some parallel universe, you did it. | 在某个平行宇宙 你下手了 |
[09:18] | Oh, no. | 噢 不 |
[09:20] | They canceled my Pierson Grant. | 他们取消了我的Pierson奖学金 |
[09:22] | That was $3,000! | 那可有3000刀 |
[09:24] | They’re using the money to do a | 他们要用这笔钱研究 |
[09:26] | study on what happens to kids who can’t afford college. | 有人上不起大学的话会发生什么 |
[09:30] | They’re offering me 50 dollars to be a part of it. | 为了让我加入研究 他们给我50刀 |
[09:40] | Show it to me. | 给我看看 |
[09:41] | It’s beautiful, Grandma. | 美爆了 外婆 |
[09:42] | I just cracked the lid a quarter inch | 我只打开盖子四分之一寸 |
[09:44] | and it burned off all the hair in my nose. | 冒出来的气就把我鼻毛都熏掉了 |
[09:46] | Good. Who takes the fall? | 很好 谁来顶包 |
[09:48] | Your patsy… who is your patsy? | 你的替罪羊 谁是你的替罪羊 |
[09:50] | It’s a good thing you called me. | 你能打给我真是太好了 |
[09:52] | If you’re going to make this big mess, | 你要是要弄这一个烂摊子 |
[09:55] | they’re going to blame someone. | 他们就会怪罪其他人 |
[09:57] | And you can make it anyone you want. | 你想找谁顶包都行 |
[09:59] | A teacher, a neighbor. | 老师 邻居 |
[10:01] | If you’re lucky, a whole family goes down. | 运气好的话 一家子人都完蛋 |
[10:04] | And you get to sell their dog. | 你还能卖了他们狗 |
[10:07] | You are amazing. | 你太赞了 |
[10:09] | If you ever brushed your teeth, I would kiss you. | 你要是刷过牙我一定要亲你一口 |
[10:18] | You want 8,000 dollars? | 你要8000刀 |
[10:20] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:22] | All right, the way this works is you come back next week… | 好 是这样的 你下周过来 |
[10:25] | That won’t be necessary. | 没那必要 |
[10:26] | I’m not going to pay you back. | 我不会还你的 |
[10:28] | Hear me out. | 听我说 |
[10:30] | There’s no way I can get the money to pay you, | 我不可能还你钱 |
[10:32] | but instead of making you go through that whole, | 不过与其经历整个 |
[10:34] | stupid charade where you keep calling me | 愚蠢的局面 就是你老打我电话 |
[10:36] | and I keep making lame excuses until you hunt me down, | 我呢就一直找差劲的借口直到你有天抓到我 |
[10:40] | I am willing to go straight to the leg-breaking. | 我很愿意直接跳到打断腿的环节 |
[10:44] | Really? | 是吗 |
[10:45] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:46] | Whenever you say, I just show up and you start snapping bones. | 你只要一句话 我立刻现身 你就打断我骨头 |
[10:50] | Arms, legs, whatever. | 手啊 腿啊 随你挑 |
[10:51] | Invite anyone you want. | 找谁在场观摩都行 |
[10:53] | I promise, I will scream and cry and beg for mercy, | 我保证会尖叫 哭喊 求你怜悯 |
[10:56] | and make it so loud and so horrible that | 我会叫得很大声很悲惨 |
[10:58] | no one who sees it will ever miss another payment again. | 看了以后管保再也没有人会赖你帐 |
[11:02] | Now, you can’t buy that kind of publicity. | 你可买不到那样的广告 |
[11:08] | Couldn’t I just not give you | 我不能不给你钱 |
[11:09] | the money and still break your arms and legs? | 但是仍然打断你手脚吗 |
[11:11] | Wouldn’t that accomplish the same thing? | 那样效果不是一样好吗 |
[11:15] | True. But… | 话是没错 |
[11:17] | Then I think your point starts to get muddled. | 但我觉得你的思维有点散乱 |
[11:24] | Maybe we should sleep on it. | 也许我们改日再谈吧 |
[11:31] | Will you straighten up those magazines? | 你能清理下那些杂志吗 |
[11:33] | The Kenarbans will be here any minute and | Kenarban一家人随时会来 |
[11:35] | I don’t want their fancy friend to think he’s visiting a hobo camp. | 我不希望他们觉得自己在参观流浪汉的家 |
[11:38] | Yeah, Mom, let’s all jump through hoops so | 是啊 老妈 我们都百依百顺的 |
[11:40] | the big corporate fat cat doesn’t have to see anything real. | 那个企业大佬就看不到咱家真实的一面了 |
[11:43] | You know, Francis, it | 你懂的 Francis |
[11:44] | wouldn’t hurt you to jump through a hoop or two. | 你顺从点又不会怎么样 |
[11:46] | Are you even still looking for a job? | 你还在找工作吗 |
[11:47] | As a matter of fact… | 实际上 |
[11:48] | As a matter of fact, I don’t have to. | 实际上我不必 |
[11:51] | I got a lot of irons in the fire right now. | 我有很多事要处理 |
[11:52] | I got three different ideas for children’s books, | 我同时有三个关于儿童书籍的创意 |
[11:55] | and I’m considering applying for a bounty hunter’s license. | 我还在申请赏金猎人的执照 |
[11:57] | Are you insane?! | 你疯了吗 |
[11:59] | In what world is that even remotel…? | 你怎么可能 |
[12:03] | Piama, will you help me get the good china on the closet ? | Piama 你能帮我拿一下柜子里那套上好的瓷器吗 |
[12:09] | I love finally having an excuse to use these. | 终于有理由拿出来用了耶 |
[12:12] | I took them out once when | 有一次国会议员挨家上门拜访 |
[12:14] | that congressman was going door to door but, | 我把它们拿出来了 |
[12:16] | he just clogged up our toilet and left. | 可他却只是借用厕所堵了我们家马桶就走了 |
[12:19] | By the way, Mom, I think | 顺提一句 老妈 |
[12:21] | it’s high time we cleared the air about that day | 现在该说说清楚你那天 |
[12:23] | you threw away my Harlem Globetrotter autographs. | 把我Harlem Globetrotter签名照扔掉的情形了 |
[12:26] | Harlem who? What are you talking about? | 哪个Harlem 你说什么 |
[12:27] | I’m not saying there was | 我不是要说 |
[12:29] | definitely some unconscious racism going on, | 这里显然有点无意识的种族主义倾向 |
[12:31] | but I do think someone could benefit | 不过有人要是可以安静下来 |
[12:32] | from a little self-examination in a quiet moment. | 自我反省一下一定会受益良多 |
[12:35] | Dewey, can I see you in your room for a second? | Dewey 去你房间碰个头吧 |
[12:45] | Okay, it’s pretty obvious I just saved your ass. | 好了 显然我救了你一命 |
[12:47] | Now I want to know why. | 现在告诉我为什么 |
[12:52] | So, right when we walk in, I fake a seizure. | 我们一走进去 我就假装犯病 |
[12:56] | When I fall, I make sure my skirt comes up over my hips. | 跌倒时我会确保裙子掀到臀部以上 |
[12:59] | I’m going commando, | 我来做敢死队 |
[13:01] | so you’ll have plenty of time to sneak this out of the car. | 你就有充足时间把这个偷偷搬下车 |
[13:04] | I love you, Grandma. | 我爱你 外婆 |
[13:06] | You’re a good boy. | 你是个好孩子 |
[13:08] | Are you kidding me? That whole cancer scare was fake?! | 你开玩笑吗 那个癌症惊吓是伪造的啊 |
[13:11] | I played cards with her in the hospital for no reason? | 我还无缘无故和她在医院打牌 |
[13:14] | Why didn’t you just get rid of this? | 你干嘛不扔了这些 |
[13:15] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[13:17] | I couldn’t. | 我做不到 |
[13:18] | The thought of destroying it just made me… sad. | 毁灭它的想法让我有点 伤心 |
[13:22] | I get it, Dewey. | 我懂了 Dewey |
[13:24] | You love your brothers. | 你爱你的兄弟 |
[13:25] | You didn’t have much to keep you together, but you had this. | 你没其它让你们在一起的东西 但只有这个 |
[13:29] | And now I have this. | 现在却在我手里 |
[13:31] | Something really horrible to | 一个可怕的勒索你们的工具 |
[13:33] | blackmail you guys with that I’m totally clean on. | 而且我和这事完全没有瓜葛 |
[13:35] | Mom’s friend Jenny. | 老妈的朋友Jenny |
[13:36] | We’re good. | 我们扯平了 |
[13:38] | So Mr. Hampton, | 那么Hampton先生 |
[13:39] | You got all the subroutines, the GUI, all of that into 16K? | 你把所有那些子程序 GUI 全都装载进了16K空间里吗 |
[13:43] | I can’t get a Boolean sort in that. | 我都没法装载进一个布尔项 |
[13:44] | You youngsters are spoiled by all that cheap RAM. | 你们这些年轻人都被如今廉价的RAM内存惯坏了 |
[13:47] | When I started out, I had an 8-bit bus that ran at 4.7 | 我起步的时候 有个4.7MHz的8位总线 |
[13:50] | megahertz, and I was happy to have it. | 我就已经很高兴了 |
[13:52] | This is fantastic. | 太棒了 |
[13:53] | I haven’t understood a word you’ve said for the last ten minutes. | 过去十分钟你们说的是什么我完全听不懂 |
[13:56] | Oh, you don’t have to be that impressed. | 没必要那么惊讶 |
[13:58] | Sure, now he owns a GulfStream jet and a baseball team, | 当然 他现在有架湾流喷气机还是篮球队老板 |
[14:01] | but there was a time when this guy’s name was Accident Pants. | 不过他也有被人起个外号叫”湿裤裆”的时候 |
[14:06] | Remember that? | 还记得吗 |
[14:07] | Remember that? | 还记得吗 |
[14:07] | I remember somebody begging me for a loan. | 我还记得有人求着我借钱 |
[14:09] | Remember that? | 还记得吗 |
[14:10] | Remember that? | 还记得吗 |
[14:13] | Now, listen, I’m really not here to socialize. | 听着 我不是来交际的 |
[14:15] | I’ve seen some of the programming you boys have done. | 我看过你们这些孩子做的一些项目了 |
[14:17] | The server-to-server algorithm. | 服务器对服务器运算法则 |
[14:18] | The evolution simulator, that’s all good stuff. | 还有演化模拟 都是好东西 |
[14:21] | He thinks… | 他觉得 |
[14:23] | we’re geniuses. | 我们是天才 |
[14:25] | Well, good enough for a two-year contract, anyway. | 够资格拿到一份两年的合同了 |
[14:28] | Full benefits, stock options. | 全福利 优先股 |
[14:30] | We’re talking six figures– each. | 我们说的是6位数 每个人都有 |
[14:32] | Oh, my God! | 天呐 |
[14:34] | Wait, how many is six? | 等等 6位数是多少 |
[14:35] | I’m not being charitable. | 我不是做慈善 |
[14:36] | I’m locking you in while you’re still cheap, | 我要趁你还便宜把你定下 |
[14:38] | but I need an answer right now. | 不过我马上就要答复 |
[14:40] | Otherwise it’s not worth it to me. | 不然就不值得我这么做了 |
[14:41] | Well, I… | 我 |
[14:42] | That’s a very generous offer, Mr. Hampton, but no. | 那样确实很大方 Hampton先生 但是不行 |
[14:44] | Mom, what are you…? | 老妈你在干吗 |
[14:45] | Malcolm’s going to college, he’s going to finish his education. | Malcolm要去大学 他要完成学业 |
[14:47] | But thank you very much. | 但还是非常谢谢你 |
[14:49] | He wasn’t asking you, he was… | 他又不是问你 他 |
[14:50] | Ma’am, I completely understand. | 夫人 我完全理解 |
[14:51] | I should have talked to you first. | 我该先和你谈的 |
[14:53] | Consider the offer withdrawn. | 回去再想想这份建议 |
[14:55] | Sorry, kid. 24/seven job. | 抱歉 孩子 这是份全职工作 |
[14:56] | You’d need your whole family behind you. | 你要得到全家支持 |
[14:58] | And don’t be mad at your mom. | 别生你妈的气 |
[14:59] | She’s only trying to look out for you. | 她只是要帮你 |
[15:01] | Who knows how far I would’ve gone if I went to college? | 要是我去读了大学 谁知道我能走多远 |
[15:12] | What’s that noise? | 什么声音 |
[15:13] | Nothing, Dad. Just a little hungry. | 没什么 老爸 就是饿得肚子叫了 |
[15:19] | All right, Malcolm, I know you’re angry. | 行了 Malcolm 我知道你生气了 |
[15:21] | You might as well say what | 你要说什么最好现在就说 |
[15:22] | you have to now and get it out of your system. | 不要一直在心里惦记着 |
[15:30] | Oh, my eyes! | 噢 我的眼睛 |
[15:37] | I’m so sorry, Jamie. | 抱歉 Jamie |
[15:39] | I didn’t know I had you hanging upside down until that last layer of gunk came off. | 把最后一层油泥去掉前 我都没发现把你挂倒了 |
[15:45] | Well, we might as well go ahead and have kids. | 我们还是会要孩子吧 |
[15:47] | I’m not afraid of changing diapers anymore. | 我已经不怕换尿布了 |
[15:49] | Good job, Reese. | 干得好 Reese |
[15:50] | Hey, I am the victim here! | 嘿 我才是受害者 |
[15:52] | Those are my hopes and | 那些是我的希望和梦想 |
[15:53] | dreams you’re scrubbing out of your cracks! | 全被你抹杀了 |
[15:56] | Anybody else hungry? | 有人饿了吗 |
[15:58] | Oh, mother… | 噢 妈妈 |
[16:00] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[16:00] | I’m glad! | 我很开心 |
[16:01] | This is appropriate. | 太恰当了 |
[16:03] | Now my life looks exactly how I feel. | 现在我的生活就和我现在一样 |
[16:06] | How could you screw me over like that? | 你怎么能这样折腾我 |
[16:08] | Because you were going to take that job, | 因为你当时想接受那份工作 |
[16:10] | and we are not going to let you throw your life away. | 我们不想你毁了自己一生 |
[16:13] | How is being rich throwing my life away?! | 变有钱怎么能算毁我一生 |
[16:15] | Because it’s not the life you’re supposed to have! | 因为这不是你该有的人生 |
[16:18] | The life you’re supposed to have is you go to Harvard, | 你该有的人生轨迹是去哈佛 |
[16:20] | and you earn every fellowship and internship they have. | 你会争取到每个奖学金和实习机会 |
[16:23] | You graduate first in your class, | 以头名毕业 |
[16:24] | and you start working in public service, | 开始做公共服务 |
[16:26] | either district attorney or running some foundation, | 要么是检察官要么是基金经理 |
[16:28] | and then you become governor of a mid-sized state, | 然后会成为一个中等州的州长 |
[16:30] | and then you become president. | 然后是总统 |
[16:32] | What?! | 啥 |
[16:33] | Of the United States. | 美利坚合众国总统 |
[16:35] | Dad? | 老爸 |
[16:36] | I’m sorry, son. It’s true. | 抱歉 儿子 是这样 |
[16:40] | I thought you knew. | 还以为你知道 |
[16:43] | Our expectations started out much smaller, | 我们的期望开始没那么大 |
[16:45] | but you just kept upping the ante. | 可你一直在我们心头加砝码 |
[16:46] | What if I don’t want to be president? | 那要是我不想做总统呢 |
[16:48] | It’s too late that. You’re gonna do it. | 太晚了 你得这么做 |
[16:50] | Oh, really? | 噢 是吗 |
[16:53] | Have you decided my position on capital-gains tax cuts? | 你想好我对资本利得税消减的立场了吗 |
[16:56] | What are my foreign policy objectives?! | 我的对外政策是什么 |
[16:58] | That doesn’t matter. | 那不重要 |
[16:59] | What does matter is you’ll be the only person | 重要的是你是唯一 |
[17:01] | in that position who will ever give a crap about people like us. | 会站在我们这种人的角度着想的人 |
[17:06] | We’ve been getting the short end of the | 我们处在劣势一方 |
[17:08] | stick for thousands of years, and I, for one, am sick of it. | 已经千百年了 我对此感到厌倦 |
[17:11] | Now, you are going to be president, | 现在你要去做总统 |
[17:12] | mister, and that’s the end of it. | 先生 就这么定了 |
[17:14] | Did it ever occured to you that I could have taken this job, | 你想过我本可以接受那份工作 |
[17:17] | gotten really rich and then bought my way into being president? | 变得很有钱然后用钱给我的总统目标铺路吗 |
[17:20] | Of course it did. | 当然想过 |
[17:21] | We decided against it. | 我们不想那样 |
[17:22] | What?! | 啥 |
[17:23] | Because then you wouldn’t be a good president. | 因为那样你就不会是个好总统 |
[17:25] | You wouldn’t have suffered enough. | 你不会历经磨难 |
[17:27] | I’ve been suffering all my life. | 我这辈子都在遭难 |
[17:29] | I’m sorry, it’s not enough. | 抱歉 还不够 |
[17:31] | You know what it’s like to be poor, | 你知道贫穷是怎样的 |
[17:33] | and you know what it’s like to work hard. | 你知道辛苦工作是怎样的 |
[17:35] | Now you’re going to learn what it’s like to sweep floors and | 现在你要学着感受擦地 |
[17:37] | bust your ass and accomplish | 辛苦工作 |
[17:39] | twice as much as all the kids around you. | 取得你身边孩子两倍的成就 |
[17:41] | And it won’t mean anything | 即便如此 |
[17:43] | because they will still look down on you. | 他们还是会看不起你 这种心情 |
[17:46] | And you will want so much | 你会很希望他们 |
[17:47] | for them to like you, and they just won’t. | 喜欢你 可他们就是不 |
[17:50] | And it’ll break your heart. | 这会让你伤心 |
[17:51] | And that’ll make your heart bigger | 同时也让你胸怀更广阔 |
[17:53] | and open your eyes and finally you will realize | 眼界更开阔 最后你会了解到 |
[17:55] | that there’s more to life than | 比起证明自己最聪明 |
[17:57] | proving you’re the smartest person in the world. | 人生中还有更重要的事情 |
[18:00] | I’m sorry, Malcolm, but you don’t get the easy path. | 抱歉 Malcolm 你没法走那种轻松的人生道路 |
[18:04] | You don’t get to just have fun and be rich and live the life of luxury. | 你不能直接去过那种享乐 富有 奢华的生活 |
[18:07] | That’s Dewey. | 那是Dewey的人生 |
[18:08] | Really? | 是吗 |
[18:10] | This is unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[18:12] | You actually expect me to be president. | 你们竟然指望我当上总统 |
[18:16] | No, no, I’m sorry. | 不不 抱歉 |
[18:17] | You expect me to be one of the | 你们是指望我当上 |
[18:19] | greatest presidents in the history of the United States. | 美国历史上最好的总统之一 |
[18:22] | You look me in the eye and you tell me you can’t do it. | 看着我的眼睛 告诉我你不能 |
[18:30] | And as the Dalai Lama eloquently stated last summer on my yacht, | 正如达赖喇嘛去年在我游艇上有力的陈述 |
[18:34] | “Wisdom is the light by day, | “智慧是白天的光芒 |
[18:36] | vertue is the protection by night” | 美德是夜里的庇护” |
[18:39] | And as we go down the path of life, | 当我们走在人生的道路上 |
[18:41] | there’s often confusion and fear, | 总有困惑和恐惧 |
[18:43] | because we fail to remember that we have this Wisdom within us. | 因为我们会忘记我们所拥有的智慧 |
[18:46] | It’s there to call on, | 它在等待召唤 |
[18:48] | to get us through the dark night of the soul, | 带我们灵魂走出暗夜 |
[18:51] | to help us achieve a new dawn with new possibilities… | 帮助我们走向黎明 获得新的可能 |
[18:53] | AmeriSys Industries? | AmeriSys产业 |
[18:55] | What’s that? | 那是什么东西 |
[18:55] | Shh! | 嘘 |
[18:56] | It’s my employee badge. | 这是我工卡 |
[18:58] | Please don’t tell Mom, it’d make her too happy. | 别告诉老妈 这会让她乐开了花 |
[19:00] | She’d never let me live it down. | 她从没让我改过自新过 |
[19:02] | You got a job? | 你有工作啦 |
[19:04] | For the last two months. | 已经两个月了 |
[19:05] | It’s at this giant corporation. | 是个大公司 |
[19:07] | I’m in this tiny little cubicle, | 我在一个小隔间工作 |
[19:09] | surrounded by hundreds of other tiny little cubicles, | 周围是上百个其他一样的小隔间 |
[19:11] | inputting numbers into a computer all day. | 整天坐电脑前输入数据 |
[19:14] | And I love it. | 我很喜欢 |
[19:15] | I love everything about it. | 我喜欢这份工作的一切 |
[19:17] | I love the stability and the regular paychecks. | 我喜欢安定状态和稳定的收入 |
[19:20] | I love my parking space. | 我喜欢我的停车位 |
[19:21] | I love getting those stupid joke e-mails. | 我喜欢看那些傻傻的电邮笑话 |
[19:23] | Oh, did you get the one about the two Irish guys? | 你看到那个关于两个爱尔兰人的笑话了吗 |
[19:25] | That’s a classic! | 那个经典 |
[19:31] | And now with the valedictory speech, | 现在是毕业致辞 |
[19:33] | please welcome Malcolm… | 有请Malcolm |
[19:45] | Like all of you, I’m praying for this speech to be over soon. | 和你们一样 我也祈祷演说快些结束 |
[19:55] | Most of us have been dreaming of this day for years, | 我们中的大多数人期盼这一天都盼了好几年 |
[19:59] | the day we leave childhood and achieve independance. | 这一天我们告别少年 获得独立 |
[20:03] | But even if we move thousands of miles away, there’s no escape. | 但 即便远隔千里也无法逃离的 |
[20:09] | Our families are coming with us. | 是家人的陪伴 |
[20:12] | They’ll be with us forever. | 一生一世 |
[20:14] | In our habits, our gestures, and in the choices we make. | 融入到我们的习惯 举止 我们的人生抉择 |
[20:20] | So we’ll never be set-free, | 所以我们不会无牵无绊 |
[20:22] | we’ll never be alone. | 我们永远不会孤独 |
[20:28] | As Paul McCartney once said… | 正如Paul McCartney说过 |
[20:37] | Oh, my God! | 天呐 |
[20:38] | What kind of monster would do something like this? | 什么样的恶魔会干出这等事情 |
[20:39] | Oh, Hal, for God’s sake, don’t touch it! | 哦 Hal 天呐 别碰那个 |
[20:41] | Man, if Mom ever found out it was the two of us… | 要是老妈发现是我们俩干的 |
[20:45] | Hey… | 嘿 |
[20:48] | The five-settings heating pad! | 五档电热毯 |
[20:51] | You listen to me, you really do! | 你记在心里了 你真上心 |
[20:54] | Someone’s cake is ready. | 蛋糕好咯 |
[20:57] | Mom, you can yell and scream all you want. | 老妈 随你怎么吼怎么叫 |
[20:59] | It’s not going to change me! | 也改变不了我 |
[21:01] | I will look for a job when I am damn good and ready! | 等我准备好了我自然会去找工作 |
[21:04] | You just can’t stand that your son is still a free spirit! | 你就是没法忍受你儿子还是自由自在的 |
[21:09] | Chicken casserole for dinner? | 晚饭吃鸡肉煲吗 |
[21:11] | Mmm. Home at 5:00. | 嗯 五点到家 |
[21:16] | This is so nice. | 太好啦 |
[21:17] | Reese is gone. Malcolm’s off to Harvard. | Reese走了 Malcolm去了哈佛 |
[21:20] | I don’t know how you did it, | 我不知道你怎么做到的 |
[21:21] | but everything worked out exactly as planned. | 但是一切都按部就班井井有条 |
[21:26] | What’s wrong? | 怎么啦 |
[21:33] | And when they found the peepholes in the bathroom, | 当他们发现浴室的偷窥孔后 |
[21:35] | they fired Al and brought me on full time. | 他们炒了Al给了我全职工作 |
[21:37] | Grandma’s right, it’s good to have a patsy. | 外婆说的不错 有个替罪羊真的很好 |
[21:39] | So how’s it going with you, Mr. Ivy League Big Shot? | 那你那边怎么样 “常春藤联校大人物” |
[21:41] | It’s great. | 很好 |
[21:42] | It’s a whole new world. | 全新的世界 |
[21:44] | Listen, I’ve got to get to my Calc class. I’ll talk to you later. | 听着 我得去上微积分了 回聊 |
[21:58] | 13个月, 7季, 151集, 从默默无闻到获得越来越多人喜爱, 小马一家给大家带来了太多欢笑, 电波更是自豪终于补完了 这部美剧史上最优秀喜剧之一. 感谢各位忠实观众 这么久以来对小马和电波字幕的支持, 我们一定会更加努力为大家送上更多更好的剧集. 勿忘小马, Goodbye! |