时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Look who’s back from the flooring expo. | 从地板展览会回来了 |
[00:07] | How many free burritos | 你这一次 |
[00:08] | did you sneak out with this time? | 顺出来多少免费卷饼 |
[00:10] | Six. | 六个 |
[00:12] | I’m so happy I’ll be sealed | 要和你一起困在这个封闭罐头里 |
[00:13] | inside this tin can with you all day. | 我真是太开心了 |
[00:17] | I think I might have just changed our lives. | 我想我可能改变了你的人生 |
[00:19] | Turns out the only person who likes free burritos | 原来比我还喜欢免费卷饼的 |
[00:21] | more than me is Lisa McCaffrey. | 就只有丽莎·麦卡菲 |
[00:24] | The property developer? | 那个房地产商 |
[00:26] | I’ve been trying to get a meeting with her for years. | 我想跟她约见面都好几年了 |
[00:28] | Well, I chatted her up at the salsa bar, | 我跟她在莎莎酱台聊了下 |
[00:30] | and then I held her plate while she guac’ed her taco. | 然后在她给玉米饼上鳄梨酱的时候帮她拿盘子 |
[00:35] | Is that your way of telling me | 你是不是打算告诉我 |
[00:35] | I’m gonna get a call from her lawyer? | 要准备接听她的律师起诉来电 |
[00:38] | No, I broke the ice. | 不是 我迈出了第一步 |
[00:39] | And I got us a chance to bid on their new development. | 我争取到了他们新楼盘的竞标机会 |
[00:42] | Five houses. | 五栋房子 |
[00:43] | Are you serious? | 你说真的吗 |
[00:44] | Don, we’ve never done a job that big before. | 大唐 我们以前从没干过那么大规模的活 |
[00:47] | That could mean a lot of money coming in. | 那可是一大笔钱 |
[00:49] | We could buy more equipment, hire more crew. | 我们可以买多点设备 雇更多的人 |
[00:51] | I think we’ve got a real shot at this. | 我觉得这次我们中选的机会很大 |
[00:53] | I gave her the full Don Burns. | 我当时对她火力全开了 |
[00:54] | Her hair was blowing back like a girl in a music video. | 她的头发就跟MV里那样往后飘 |
[00:59] | Okay, so | 好吧 |
[01:00] | when we sit down with Lisa, | 我们跟丽莎面谈的时候 |
[01:02] | I’ll hit her with our glowing references, | 我会用我们光鲜的案例列表镇住她 |
[01:03] | run her through the numbers. | 给她讲讲我们的数据 |
[01:05] | Then I turn on the charm, | 然后用我的人格魅力征服她 |
[01:05] | and, boom, close with a joke. Okay. | 最后来个笑话结束全场 |
[01:08] | You gonna do the one about the one-legged ballerina | 你要讲那个独腿芭蕾舞演员 |
[01:09] | names Eileen? | 艾琳的故事 |
[01:12] | No. McCaffrey’s Irish. | 不会 麦卡菲是爱尔兰人 |
[01:14] | I’m gonna go with the Pope stuck in the phone booth. | 我打算讲教皇卡在电话亭里那个 |
[01:17] | She’ll enjoy the social commentary. | 她会喜欢这种社会评论的 |
[01:20] | Okay, then you hand out our floating key chains, | 然后你送出我们的定制浮标钥匙链 |
[01:22] | and try not to give ’em the one | 这次记住不要送 |
[01:23] | with your car keys attached this time. | 挂了你车钥匙的那个 |
[01:26] | And then, boom, we-we’re done. | 然后 就搞定了 |
[01:29] | Hey, how’s the pitch coming? | 推介准备得怎么样了 |
[01:31] | Looking good, yeah. We’re all done. | 看着不错 我们都搞完了 |
[01:32] | We’re gonna watch the game. | 我们要看比赛了 |
[01:34] | How would you feel about inviting Lowell | 你今晚请洛厄尔过来 |
[01:36] | to come watch with you tonight? | 跟你们一起看怎么样 |
[01:38] | Lowell? Mm-hmm. | 洛厄尔 |
[01:41] | Here? | 来这 |
[01:44] | On purpose? | 主动请他 |
[01:46] | I see enough of him at school. | 我在学校已经看够他了 |
[01:48] | And he was in rare form yesterday | 昨天”带父亲上学日” |
[01:50] | at “Bring Your Dad to School” Day. | 他整个人都怪怪的 |
[01:52] | So, as a contractor, I get to use | 作为承包商 |
[01:54] | a lot of really cool tools, | 我有机会用很多厉害的工具 |
[01:56] | like, uh, this thermal laser, | 比如说 这个激光温度计 |
[01:59] | which can tell me the temperature of anything. | 可以告诉我任何东西的温度 |
[02:03] | Mrs. Rodriguez is… | 罗德里格兹老师是 |
[02:06] | …ice-cold, as usual. | 冷冰冰 跟平常一样 |
[02:08] | Okay, now Emme is gonna hand out free | 现在艾玛要向所有人 |
[02:11] | floating key chains to all of you. | 分发我们的免费钥匙扣 |
[02:16] | Thank you, Mr. Burns, for giving the kids things | 谢谢你伯恩斯先生 给了孩子们 |
[02:17] | they will throw at me later. | 可以用来扔我的东西 |
[02:20] | Lowell, you’re up. Thanks, Mrs. Rodriguez. | 洛厄尔该你了 谢谢你 罗德里格兹老师 |
[02:22] | My name is Lowell, | 我的名字叫洛厄尔 |
[02:24] | and I am a stay-at-home dad, | 我是一位全职父亲 |
[02:26] | which means 40 hours a week, | 也就意味着每周有四十个小时的时间 |
[02:27] | I am entirely alone. | 我都是独自一个人 |
[02:30] | And that’s how I discovered my talent | 正是因为这样 |
[02:32] | for eating toast into the shapes of states. | 我发现自己能把吐司吃成每个州的地图 |
[02:37] | Well, that’s why I think you should invite him. | 所以我认为你应该邀请他 |
[02:39] | I saw him at the grocery store today, | 我今天在超市看见他 |
[02:41] | and he was obviously lonely. | 他显然很寂寞 |
[02:44] | He’s not the kind of guy that Don and I hang out with. | 他不是我和大唐能玩在一起的人 |
[02:47] | Well, I mean, is that such a bad thing? | 那有什么关系吗 |
[02:49] | I mean, Don, you know, I love you, | 大唐 你知道我爱你 |
[02:50] | but when you two are together, half your sentences end with, | 可你们俩在一起的时候 老是会说 |
[02:53] | “That’s what she said.” | 太太是这么说的 |
[02:56] | Even when there’s no way that’s what she could have said. | 就算太太根本不可能说出那种话 |
[03:00] | Honey, could you just try to keep your fingers out of it. | 亲爱的 你能不能别插手 |
[03:03] | That’s what she said. | 太太是这么说的 |
[03:11] | Yeah, well, I already told Lowell he could come over. | 我已经跟洛厄尔说了他可以过来 |
[03:13] | He’ll be here in ten minutes. | 他十分钟后到 |
[03:14] | What? So basically you just | 什么 所以基本上你是 |
[03:16] | set me up on a playdate? | 给我约了一个玩伴 |
[03:18] | That is not how men make friends. | 男人可不是这样交朋友的 |
[03:21] | I am expanding your horizons. | 我在扩展你的视野 |
[03:23] | I do it for myself, too, | 这也是为了我 |
[03:24] | which is why tomorrow I am going for drinks | 所以明天我要去 |
[03:27] | with Alicia Rodriguez. | 跟艾丽西娅·罗德里格兹喝酒 |
[03:29] | Wow, I can’t believe you’re doing that to yourself. | 不敢相信你对自己下手这么狠 |
[03:33] | That’s what she said. | 太太是这么说的 |
[03:40] | I am a woman. I know what she said. | 我是个女人 我知道太太怎么说 |
[03:55] | Hey, guys. Thanks so much for having me. | 大家好啊 谢谢邀请我过来 |
[03:57] | When Andi said you wanted me to come watch the game, | 安迪告诉我你想让我过来看比赛 |
[03:59] | I was super jazzed. | 我特别惊愕 |
[04:02] | Well, the jazz is mutual. | 彼此彼此 |
[04:05] | But here’s the thing, Lowell. | 但是 洛厄尔 |
[04:07] | Once the Penguins game starts, we don’t talk much. | 等企鹅队比赛一开始 我们就不怎么说话了 |
[04:10] | Oh, I never talk during Pens games– bad luck. | 企鹅队比赛时我从不说话 有霉运的 |
[04:12] | Gotta unpack these snacks | 得在冰球进场前 |
[04:14] | before the puck drops. | 把零食都拆开 |
[04:15] | First up, seven-layer dip. | 首先是七种料的蘸酱 |
[04:18] | Spoiler alert, the bottom layer is Doritos. | 剧透一下 最底层是多力多滋 |
[04:22] | What did you just say? | 你说什么 |
[04:24] | He said Dorito dip. That’s dip with Doritos | 他说多力多滋酱 这个酱是用多力多滋做的 |
[04:26] | in it that you can dip into with more Doritos? | 然后可以用多力多滋来蘸这个酱 |
[04:31] | You invented this? | 是你发明的 |
[04:32] | I’ve been waiting for you my whole life. | 我这辈子都在等你出现 |
[04:37] | How’s it going, fellas? | 情况如何啊大家 |
[04:38] | No talking. The game’s starting. | 别说话 比赛要开始了 |
[04:39] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[04:45] | I’ve been waiting for you my whole life. | 我这辈子也都在等你出现 |
[04:49] | Here’s an intermission treat. | 这是中场零食 |
[04:50] | Fresh popcorn with Junior Mints | 新鲜爆米花 |
[04:52] | already mixed in. | 混合了巧克力薄荷糖 |
[04:54] | Shut up! | 你够了 |
[04:57] | Hey, Don, I just got an e-mail | 大唐 我刚收到封邮件 |
[04:58] | from Lisa McCaffrey’s people. | 丽莎·麦卡菲的人发过来的 |
[05:01] | They want to know our tech needs for the presentation. | 问我们的展示会需要准备什么设备 |
[05:04] | A bucket of water for the key chain would help. | 准备一桶水用来玩我们的浮标钥匙链 |
[05:07] | They could see it float. | 他们可以看它浮起来 |
[05:10] | Okay, that’s an idea. | 好吧 是个主意 |
[05:12] | But I don’t think that’s what they meant | 不过我觉得他们所说的技术设备 |
[05:13] | by “Tech” Needs. | 不是这个意思 |
[05:14] | They just want to know if your PowerPoint | 他们想知道你的PPT |
[05:16] | is on your laptop, or if you’re gonna integrate | 是在笔记本上 还是你想 |
[05:17] | with their monitors. | 放到他们的显示器上 |
[05:18] | Do you need HDMI, VGA, | 你是需要高清线 普清线 |
[05:20] | or are you going straight composite? | 还是复合的 |
[05:27] | H-G-D… what? | 高…普…什么 |
[05:31] | It’s pretty technical. | 都是些技术的东西 |
[05:33] | I only know about it because I used to work in marketing | 我是因为有小孩之前做市场营销 |
[05:35] | before we had kids, and I lost | 所以才知道的 |
[05:36] | a very high-stakes arm wrestle to my wife. | 后来在一场赌注很高的掰手腕中输给了我老婆 |
[05:41] | Y-you were in marketing? | 你是做市场营销的 |
[05:43] | Oh, hey, would you mind if we ran our presentation by you? | 我们把展示会的内容给你讲讲如何 |
[05:48] | What? I’m our marketing guy. | 什么 我是负责市场的啊 |
[05:49] | Let Little Debbie here take care of the snacks. | 让小黛比来搞定零食吧 |
[05:52] | Yeah, but Little Debbie sounds like he knows what he’s doing. | 不过小黛比听起来像是很懂行 |
[05:55] | Okay, I like that we have nicknames, | 我喜欢互取昵称 |
[05:57] | but maybe we could try something like “Champ” Or “Scout.” | 不过可能”老哥”或者”童子军”好一点 |
[06:01] | I don’t want to go in there and look like amateurs. | 我可不想一副很业余的样子进去 |
[06:03] | Well, I’m just saying, I don’t think we need all that stuff. | 我就是觉得 我们不需要那些东西 |
[06:05] | Well, I’m just saying this is a whole new ball game. | 我就是觉得这对我们来说是一个新挑战 |
[06:07] | Lowell, back me up with some of your nerd words there. | 洛厄尔 用你的技术词汇帮帮我 |
[06:11] | Come on, Scout, speak up. | 来啊童子军 大胆说 |
[06:14] | Well, I loved that. Thank you. | 我喜欢这个词 谢谢 |
[06:17] | Um, generally, when these big companies hear pitches, | 大致来说 这些大公司听推介的时候 |
[06:20] | they’re expecting a multimedia presentation. | 会想要看到多媒体的展示 |
[06:22] | Animation, 3D models. | 动画了 3D建模了 |
[06:24] | And I’d be happy to help if you want. | 如果你们需要 我很乐意帮忙 |
[06:25] | – That sounds great. – No, thanks. | -听起来很不错 -不了谢谢 |
[06:29] | Why are you getting your back up? | 你为什么反应这么大 |
[06:30] | Because I got the meeting, and I’ll close the deal. | 因为是我争取到面谈的 而且我会搞定这笔合作 |
[06:33] | It’s what I’ve done since we started. | 从一开始我就一直在干这些 |
[06:35] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, | 麻烦让让 |
[06:36] | this dip has upset my stomach, | 蘸酱搞得我胃痛 |
[06:38] | and I would like to be at home. | 我要回家休息了 |
[06:42] | Well, if it made you sick, why are you taking it with you? | 既然蘸酱让你不舒服 干吗还带着走 |
[06:44] | So later, when I feel better, | 那样等我身体舒服些时 |
[06:46] | I can eat it again and make sure that’s what it was. | 我可以再吃点 确认是不是它搞的鬼 |
[06:53] | How’d it go tonight with Lowell? | 今晚和洛厄尔过得愉快吗 |
[06:54] | Uh, he was fine. Don was the problem. | 他挺好的 唐才是问题 |
[06:57] | Did he eat too many snacks | 他是不是吃了太多零食 |
[06:58] | and have to take his pants off again? | 导致急着去蹲厕所 |
[07:01] | No, no, no, no. | 不是的 |
[07:02] | Lowell offered to help us make a more high-tech pitch, | 洛厄尔说可以帮我们把推介做得高新技术点 |
[07:05] | and Don got all bent out of shape. | 大唐一下就气到了 |
[07:07] | His fly was down, | 他的裤门儿都开了 |
[07:08] | but I think it was just a coincidence. | 但我觉得这只是巧合 |
[07:11] | Well, it’s not a surprise. | 这不奇怪 |
[07:12] | I mean, Don is not a huge fan of knowledge. | 唐不是很喜欢知识 |
[07:16] | Remember how mad he got when we gave him | 记得我们送他”每日一词”日历时 |
[07:17] | – that word-of-the-day calendar? – Yeah. | -他有多生气吗 -是啊 |
[07:20] | Yeah, he’s got this theory | 他的理论是这样的 |
[07:21] | that his brain is like his stomach. | 他的大脑就像是肚子 |
[07:23] | Every new thing he takes in | 每当他获取新东西 |
[07:24] | pushes an old thing out. | 就会把旧的挤出去 |
[07:27] | I’ve got to make room in Don’s brain | 我必须把唐的大脑腾出地方 |
[07:28] | for Lowell’s ideas. | 给洛厄尔的理念 |
[07:32] | I’m just excited that you got along with Lowell. | 我很高兴你和洛厄尔相处得不错 |
[07:34] | Did you tell him how much fun you had hanging out with him? | 你有告诉他一起玩感觉很开心吗 |
[07:39] | Men don’t do stuff like that. | 男人不会做这种事 |
[07:45] | It’s from Lowell. | 是洛厄尔来的 |
[07:46] | “I had so much fun hanging out with you.” | “和你一起玩感觉很开心” |
[07:50] | Smiley face, shooting star, hockey puck. | 笑脸 流星 冰球[表情] |
[07:54] | You have to e-mail him back. Something thoughtful. | 你必须回他邮件 说些体贴的话 |
[07:56] | Will you stop trying to make me do | 你能不能别再让我和一个男人 |
[07:57] | weird things with other men? | 做奇怪的互动了 |
[08:00] | That’s what she said. | 太太是这么说的 |
[08:06] | Come on, that was solid. | 拜托 这个笑点说得瓷实 |
[08:10] | But I should write Lowell back. | 但我确实该回复洛厄尔 |
[08:11] | He is offering to help me. | 毕竟他要帮我 |
[08:13] | Uh, well, you do it. | 你来吧 |
[08:14] | I’m bad at these. | 我不擅长这个 |
[08:15] | Just say something breezy, yet manly. | 说些温和的话 但要爷们儿些 |
[08:19] | Oh, fun. | 有趣 |
[08:20] | Okay, “Great hanging out with you, too. | 好的 “我也和你玩得很开心 |
[08:25] | “Your pants were super cute… | 你的裤子超好看 |
[08:29] | …bro.” | 哥们儿” |
[08:32] | Very funny. | 非常好笑 |
[08:36] | Did you actually send that? | 你真发出去了 |
[08:39] | Get it back. | 快撤回 |
[08:39] | It’s too late. | 来不及了 |
[08:41] | You have a new boyfriend. | 你有新男朋友了 |
[08:47] | Okay, Butterbean, | 好了 小豆子 |
[08:48] | Have a great day, huh? Mwah. | 今天要快快乐乐的 么么哒 |
[08:50] | Oh, listen, for your snack, | 我给你准备了零食 |
[08:52] | I gave you popcorn with Junior Mints. | 有爆米花和薄荷巧克力 |
[08:56] | Shut… up. | 不是吧 |
[08:58] | I know, you’re gonna love it. | 我知道你会喜欢的 |
[09:01] | Adam! Adam! | 亚当 亚当 |
[09:04] | Hey, Lowell. | 早上好 洛厄尔 |
[09:05] | Good morning, “Bro.” | 早上好 “哥们儿” |
[09:08] | Ah, so you got my e-mail. | 你收到我的邮件了 |
[09:10] | I was so pumped, I made an animated graphic | 我太兴奋了 我做了一个 |
[09:12] | of the Burns Brothers logo to show you | 伯恩斯兄弟商标的动画 |
[09:14] | what I was talking about last night– take a look. | 体现了我昨晚提到元素 你看一下 |
[09:20] | Wow, our names exploded right out of that house. | 我们的名字在那个房子外面爆炸了 |
[09:23] | Hey, can you send that to me so I can show it to Don? | 你能把它发给我吗 我要给唐看看 |
[09:25] | I think he’ll really love it. | 他一定非常喜欢 |
[09:26] | Already did. Already sent it. | 已经发了 已经发过去了 |
[09:29] | This is only the beginning. | 这只是个开始 |
[09:30] | I can make a presentation that you’ll like even more | 我可以做出让你喜欢的项目展示 |
[09:33] | than my super cute pants. | 不亚于我”超可爱的裤子” |
[09:36] | You know, your tone is very different in e-mails. | 你在邮件里的语气很不一样 |
[09:38] | Yeah, people say I sound just like my wife. | 是的 人们说像我老婆的语气 |
[09:42] | It was Andi, wasn’t it? | 就是安迪写的吧 |
[09:44] | – Well, to be honest… – Don’t answer. | -好吧 老实说… -别回答 |
[09:45] | I just want to ride this rainbow. | 阳光下的泡沫 都别碰破 |
[09:53] | Wow! Our names just exploded out of that house! | 我们的名字在那个房子外面爆炸了 |
[09:56] | Nice job. I love it. | 真棒 我喜欢它 |
[09:57] | I didn’t make it, Lowell did. | 不是我做的 是洛厄尔做的 |
[09:59] | I hate it. | 我不喜欢它 |
[10:02] | What is your problem? | 你这是怎么了 |
[10:04] | Our business is just you and me. | 我们的生意只属于我和你 |
[10:05] | I’m the sales guy, and you do whatever you do. | 我负责销售 你做你那什么东西 |
[10:08] | The work? | 做工程 |
[10:09] | I’m just saying three’s a bad number. | 我想说”三”不是个好数目 |
[10:11] | Somebody’s gonna get pushed out, | 总有个人会被挤出去 |
[10:13] | and I don’t like it. | 我不喜欢这样 |
[10:14] | You’re always worried about something getting pushed out. | 你总担心有人会被挤出去 |
[10:17] | Not everything is like your stomach, Don. | 不是所有事都和你的肚子一样 唐 |
[10:20] | I really think we should let Lowell help us. | 我真心觉得我们应该让洛厄尔帮忙 |
[10:22] | Well, I forbid it. | 那我会不允许 |
[10:24] | You can’t forbid it, we’re partners. | 你不能不允许 我们是合伙人 |
[10:26] | Fine, let’s take a vote. | 那好 我们投票决定 |
[10:28] | We’ve tried this before. | 我们试过这招 |
[10:29] | There’s only two of us. It never works. | 只有两个人 不会有结果的 |
[10:32] | Well, let’s just see what happens. | 还是看看结果如何吧 |
[10:33] | All in favor? | 赞成的举手 |
[10:36] | All opposed? | 反对的举手 |
[10:39] | I don’t know why I even do it. | 搞不懂这么做的意义 |
[10:42] | So, um, how’s it going at school with Adam? | 亚当在学校表现怎么样 |
[10:45] | I, uh, it’s f-fine. Fine. | 还可以 还可以 |
[10:49] | Aw, did you guys have another fight? | 你们两个又吵架了吗 |
[10:51] | On the contrary. | 正相反 |
[10:53] | Um, uh, y-you know what, never mind. It’s… | 没事的 不用在意 |
[10:57] | Ah, come on. Spill it. | 来吧 说出来 |
[10:59] | I’m not gonna drop it until you tell me. | 你不告诉我 我是不会罢休的 |
[11:01] | You won’t judge? | 你不会有想法 |
[11:03] | You won’t know if I do, how about that? | 有也不会表现出来 如何 |
[11:08] | Last night, | 昨晚 |
[11:08] | I had a dream about your husband. | 我梦到你丈夫了 |
[11:11] | It was… | 是比较… |
[11:13] | Cinemax-y. | 限制级的 |
[11:20] | And Adam and I were, | 我和亚当正在 |
[11:22] | you know, boom-chucka-chucka. | 你懂的 动次打次 |
[11:26] | And sound effects. | 还带音效的 |
[11:32] | Wow. I can’t believe you got the whole presentation done. | 想不到你把整个展品展示都做出来了 |
[11:35] | And how did you get a bald eagle to land on my shoulder? | 而且你是怎么让秃鹰落在我肩膀的 |
[11:39] | The first thing I did was believe it was possible. | 我首先做的是相信那是可能的 |
[11:44] | Hey, are you sure Don’s gonna be okay with this? | 你确定唐会接受它吗 |
[11:46] | Oh, when he sees this, he is gonna be more than okay with it. | 当他看到这个 他会爱上它的 |
[11:49] | You know what, let me worry about Don, okay? | 老唐的事就交给我吧 |
[11:51] | Let’s watch it again. | 我们再看一遍 |
[11:56] | What is Lowell doing here? | 洛厄尔怎么会在这 |
[11:58] | Don, I thought you had a banjo lesson tonight. | 唐 我以为你今晚有班卓琴课 |
[12:01] | My teacher got a gig on a riverboat. | 我的老师要在游船上演出 |
[12:03] | Well, hey, I’m glad you’re here. | 你来了也好 |
[12:05] | Check out Lowell’s presentation. | 来看看洛厄尔的项目展示 |
[12:07] | That’s what you’re doing? | 你们就是在干这个 |
[12:09] | I can’t believe you would go behind my back. | 不敢相信你居然背着我搞这种事 |
[12:10] | Well, I’m doing it for us. I’m trying to get us this job. | 我是为了我们 为我们拿下这个工程 |
[12:13] | But I forbade it. | 但我说过不允许 |
[12:15] | Well, I think you were wrong. | 我觉得你做错了 |
[12:17] | Should we vote on it? | 我们要投票吗 |
[12:19] | How’re are you gonna vote on it, there’s only the… | 你们怎么投票 只有两… |
[12:21] | Don’t-Don’t-Don’t even. | 别 别提了 |
[12:24] | Look, you’re being pigheaded. | 听着 你在固执己见 |
[12:25] | Just take a look at it. | 你就看一下吧 |
[12:27] | No. I’ve seen all I need to see. | 不了 我已经看到该看的了 |
[12:29] | Here’s what’s gonna happen: | 结果是这样的 |
[12:30] | I’m gonna do the presentation to Lisa McCaffrey on my own, | 我要独自给丽莎·麦卡菲做项目展示 |
[12:33] | without you or your new best friend. | 不需要你和你的新死党 |
[12:36] | Oh, really? | 是吗 |
[12:37] | So, you’re gonna be so stubborn that you ruin it for both of us? | 你准备固执下去 毁掉我们两个人的机会 |
[12:40] | Yes. And if you want a meeting with her, | 是的 如果你想和她见面 |
[12:42] | you can go guac her taco on your own time. | 你可以自己找时间给她涂鳄梨酱 |
[12:48] | Okay, the headline is I’m your new best friend. | 好吧 重点是我是你的新死党 |
[12:59] | Wow, that sounds like a real overreaction, even for Don. | 哪怕对唐来说 这样反应也太过了 |
[13:03] | He is stubborn like a mule. | 他真是比骡子还倔 |
[13:05] | Also like a mule, you can’t walk up behind him or he’ll kick you. | 你不能走他后面 他会像骡子尥蹶子 |
[13:10] | Uh-huh, so there are two mules in this fight. | 所以这场争执里有两头骡子 |
[13:13] | Wait, why am I a mule? | 等等 我怎么是骡子了 |
[13:15] | Oh, please, I have had many a fight with you, my friend. | 拜托 我和你吵过无数次架了 朋友 |
[13:19] | What, you’re telling me | 你说 |
[13:20] | that you change your mind when you hear a good argument | 你会因为别人的观点有理有据 |
[13:22] | for the other point of view? | 而改变主意吗 |
[13:24] | Well, I’ll let you know when I hear one. | 没听过别人说有理有据的观点 |
[13:27] | Look, obviously for Don, this is about more than getting a job. | 显然 这对唐来说不仅是得到一份工作 |
[13:30] | I mean, sometimes things seem like they’re about one thing, | 有时候事情看上去是一个起因 |
[13:32] | but they’re really about something else. | 但其实还有别的原因 |
[13:35] | – You think? – Yeah. | -你觉得是 -对 |
[13:36] | Like… Mrs. Rodriguez had a sex dream about you. | 比如罗德里格兹老师对你发春梦 |
[13:41] | That’s got to be about something else. | 肯定是因为别的原因 |
[13:44] | What?! | 什么 |
[13:45] | Did you just make that example up or is that real? | 这个例子你是编出来的还是真的 |
[13:48] | Let’s just say I made it up… | 就当我是编的吧 |
[13:49] | Ugh. …but it’s real. | 但是真的 |
[13:53] | I have to see her at school. | 我还要跟她在学校见面呢 |
[13:54] | Why would you tell me that? | 你为什么要告诉我 |
[13:57] | Well, because I wanted to see | 因为我想看看 |
[13:58] | what my face looked like when she told me. | 她告诉我的时候 我是什么样的表情 |
[14:01] | So, you know… | 所以说 |
[14:02] | …got it. | 看到了 |
[14:04] | Come on, I already got my hands full with Don. | 够了 大唐的事已经够让我闹心了 |
[14:06] | Okay. I mean… | 好吧 我是说 |
[14:08] | All right, well, did you even try to find out | 好了 你为什么不试着找出 |
[14:09] | what’s really bothering Don? | 大唐究竟在烦什么 |
[14:11] | Once again, | 再说一遍 |
[14:12] | you have no concept of how men do things. | 你根本不懂男人的做事风格 |
[14:16] | Okay? We don’t ask about feelings. | 我们不会问对方感受 |
[14:19] | Feelings were invented a long time ago, | 感受是很早很早以前 |
[14:22] | so that women would have something to talk about | 发明出来让你们女人在洞穴里 |
[14:25] | back at the cave… | 有话聊的 |
[14:27] | …while men were out hunting. | 男人都忙着在外面狩猎 |
[14:31] | Okay. | 好 |
[14:33] | So, what’s your plan? | 那你准备怎么做 |
[14:35] | I’m gonna handle things with Don | 我准备按老规矩 |
[14:36] | the way I always handle things with Don. | 处理和大唐之间的问题 |
[14:38] | By torturing and harassing each other | 就是互相折磨骚扰 |
[14:40] | and never accomplishing anything. | 然后什么都干不成 |
[14:42] | Also known as the Tom-and-Jerry method. | 俗称《猫和老鼠》套路 |
[14:46] | Say what you will, those two guys took Hollywood by storm. | 随便你怎么说 但这两个角色席卷了好莱坞 |
[14:59] | Where’s my chair? | 我的椅子呢 |
[15:02] | You might want to look in the Porta Potti. | 你可以去移动厕所里找找 |
[15:05] | Well, I can’t because I had the Porta Potti | 去不了 因为我把移动厕所 |
[15:07] | towed to your front porch. | 拖到你家门口了 |
[15:09] | Enjoy the smell. | 你好好享用 |
[15:12] | That is so juvenile. | 太幼稚了 |
[15:13] | Yeah, well… | 好吧 |
[15:17] | My drawer is full of pudding. | 我满抽屉的果冻 |
[15:20] | I’m not gonna ruin the surprise, but I made a lot of pudding… | 我就不剧透了 但说一声 我做了一堆果冻 |
[15:25] | …and it’s in a lot of places. | 放在了各种地方 |
[15:30] | Why not? You think you can | 为什么不能 你以为没有我 |
[15:31] | do the presentation without my help. | 你的展示会能成功 |
[15:33] | That’s not what I said. | 我不是这个意思 |
[15:34] | I’m sorry, I can’t hear you. | 你说什么 听不到 |
[15:35] | My ears are facing the other direction. | 我耳朵没朝着你听 |
[15:38] | Okay, you know what? | 好吧 就这样 |
[15:39] | I’ll be outside working. | 我去外面干活 |
[15:41] | Call me when you’re ready to apologize, huh? | 等你准备好道歉再给我打电话吧 |
[15:47] | I found the rest of the pudding. | 我找到剩下的果冻了 |
[15:50] | Oh, you think so? | 真的吗 |
[15:55] | Okay, come on, Emme. | 快点吧 艾玛 |
[15:56] | Hurry up before Mrs. Rodriguez gets back. | 赶快 趁着罗德里格兹老师还没回来 |
[16:03] | What are you looking at? | 你瞅啥 |
[16:05] | What are you looking at? | 你瞅啥 |
[16:08] | Andi talk to you? | 安迪跟你说了 |
[16:09] | Unfortunately, yes. | 很不幸 她说了 |
[16:11] | I’m not ice-cold now, am I? | 现在我不是冷冰冰了 是吧 |
[16:17] | We have got to get you in a carpool. | 以后得找个拼车的送你上学了 |
[16:23] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[16:24] | I got an e-mail from you | 我收到了你的电子邮件 |
[16:26] | saying you wanted to apologize. | 说你要跟我道歉 |
[16:29] | Let’s hear it so I can say no. | 赶紧说 我好不接受 |
[16:32] | I didn’t e-mail you, you big baboon. | 我没给你发过 大狒狒 |
[16:38] | Or did I? | 或者我发过 |
[16:41] | You leave your phone out, | 你把手机落在外面了 |
[16:42] | beautiful things happen. | 于是美好的事情发生了 |
[16:44] | Well, I’m not gonna stay here | 那我就不待着了 |
[16:45] | if he’s not gonna apologize. | 既然他不打算道歉 |
[16:47] | Well, I’m not apologizing. | 我不会道歉的 |
[16:48] | Okay, all right, Tom and Jerry, that’s it. | 够了 猫和老鼠 行了吧 |
[16:50] | I am in charge now. Sit down. Sit down. | 现在我来做主 都坐好了 |
[16:56] | Okay, now, obviously something deeper is going on here, | 好的 显然是有深层矛盾在的 |
[16:58] | and we need to get to the bottom of it. | 我们来彻底搞清楚 |
[17:00] | Now, Don, why are you so mad at Adam? | 大唐 你为什么这么生亚当的气 |
[17:03] | Because he’s a bossy boss and he’s always a bossy boss. | 因为他是个霸道的老板 总那么霸道 |
[17:08] | Okay. Okay. | 好的 |
[17:10] | Um, and what I’m hearing is that, uh, Don feels like | 我听到的是 大唐感觉 |
[17:12] | you don’t listen to him and his ideas. | 你不怎么听他表达意见 |
[17:15] | That’s a bunch of crap. | 胡说八道 |
[17:17] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:18] | I-I-I think what Adam is saying is | 我觉得亚当的意思是 |
[17:21] | he never knew you felt that way. | 他从来不知道你是这样想的 |
[17:24] | I’m the older brother. | 我是哥哥 |
[17:26] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[17:29] | Okay, um, | 好吧 |
[17:30] | I-I-I think what Don is saying is that traditionally, | 大唐的意思是 传统上来说 |
[17:33] | he would be the leader in your relationship. | 你们之间的关系 应该是他来主导 |
[17:35] | Okay, he may be older, but he’s a big baby. | 他生理年龄老头子 心理年龄小婴儿 |
[17:38] | Okay. | 好 |
[17:38] | Um, I think what-what Adam is saying | 亚当要表达的是 |
[17:41] | is that sometimes he feels like you don’t do what’s best | 你做事有时不是做生意的最佳方法 |
[17:43] | for the business, like an equal partner. | 你们是平等的搭档 |
[17:45] | He’s never treated me like an equal partner. | 他从来不把我当平等搭档 |
[17:47] | You only asked me to start the business with you | 你会找我合伙做生意 |
[17:49] | because you felt sorry for me. | 都是因为你可怜我 |
[17:51] | – What? – Okay, okay, w-wait. | -什么 -别急别急 等的 |
[17:52] | I think what Don is saying is… | 我觉得大唐是说 |
[17:54] | Oh… oh, I think he actually said it. | 就是他说的那个意思 |
[17:58] | I’m just your big, dumb brother who couldn’t make it on his own. | 我不过是你自立不了的蠢哥哥 |
[18:01] | Are you kidding me? | 你开什么玩笑 |
[18:03] | I asked you to do it because I needed you, | 我找你 是因为我需要你 |
[18:05] | and you’ve always acted like you were doing me a big favor. | 你总表现出一副对我有多大恩惠一样 |
[18:08] | I was sublimating. | 我是在心理升华 |
[18:12] | Yeah, I read that stupid word-of-the-day calendar. | 对 每日一次的日历我看了 |
[18:15] | Thanks to you, I forgot 365 perfectly good words. | 多亏有你 害我忘掉了365个好词 |
[18:19] | Look, without you, Burns Brothers would be nothing. | 听着 没有你 伯恩斯兄弟根本成不了 |
[18:22] | I can’t talk to people and close deals like you can. | 我没办法像你一样跟人交流 敲定生意 |
[18:26] | You’re our secret weapon. | 你是我们的秘密武器 |
[18:28] | You bet your ass I am. | 我当然是了 |
[18:30] | And when you liked Lowell’s thing, | 你说你喜欢洛厄尔做的东西时 |
[18:31] | I thought you were trying to find someone to replace me. | 我以为你是要找人替代我 |
[18:34] | You’re my brother. | 你是我哥 |
[18:35] | I couldn’t get rid of you even if I wanted to. | 就算我想 也甩不掉你啊 |
[18:39] | I think what Adam is saying is he loves you. | 亚当说的是 他爱你 |
[18:42] | What? N-N-No, I’m not. No. | 什么 没有 我不是那个意思 |
[18:45] | Well, good, ’cause I would’ve kicked your ass. | 很好 不然我就踢他屁股了 |
[18:47] | Aw, he loves you, too. | 他也爱你 |
[18:51] | All right, look, | 好的 听着 |
[18:52] | if you want to do the presentation without Lowell | 如果你像不带洛厄尔做展示会 |
[18:54] | that’s fine with me. | 那就不带他 |
[18:55] | I-I-I’d rather lose the job | 我宁愿失去工作 |
[18:56] | than lose my brother. | 也不会失去我哥 |
[19:00] | Well, I’m fine using Lowell, as long as we do it together. | 用洛厄尔没问题 只要我们俩是一伙的就行 |
[19:04] | Good. | 好 |
[19:07] | Okay, so, let’s go get that Porta Potti off your porch. | 好的 那我们去你家把移动厕所拖走吧 |
[19:10] | That’s gonna be a filthy job. | 一定很污 |
[19:13] | That’s what she said. | 太太是这么说的 |
[19:24] | Hey, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[19:25] | How was the presentation? | 展示会怎么样 |
[19:26] | Oh, we blew everyone out of the water. | 我们嗨翻全场 |
[19:29] | So, imagine our surprise | 所以你想象一下 |
[19:30] | when she gave the job to her nephew | 她把活儿给了她被百思买炒掉的外甥时 |
[19:32] | who just got fired from Best Buy. | 大家有多吃惊 |
[19:36] | Oh, honey, I’m sorry. | 亲爱的 好遗憾 |
[19:37] | Yeah, but the mini-mall she’s building | 没错 不过她要见的迷你商场 |
[19:40] | is going to Burns Brothers Construction. | 会归伯恩斯兄弟建筑公司 |
[19:42] | Oh, my God. That’s amazing. | 天啊 太棒了 |
[19:44] | Yeah, that nephew’s gonna have a hard time building houses | 没错 她外甥造房子时肯定困难重重 |
[19:46] | when he keeps finding pudding in his gloves. | 毕竟手套里总被塞果冻 |
[19:50] | And guess who’s gonna build a Web site for these guys? Me. | 你猜谁要给他们两个建网站 是我 |
[19:52] | You don’t have to guess, I just wanted to say it. | 你不用猜 我就是想说 |
[19:55] | Yeah, and none of it would’ve happened | 对 可要不是有你撮合 |
[19:56] | if you hadn’t put us together with Lowell, | 我们和洛厄尔 还让我跟大唐和好 |
[19:58] | and put me and Don back together. | 这一切都不可能发生 |
[20:00] | So… thanks for not staying out of stuff. | 所以谢谢你插手 |
[20:05] | Pleasure doing business with you. | 很高兴和你一起做事 |
[20:07] | That’s what she said. | 太太是这么说的 |
[20:11] | Andi out. | 安迪下场 |
[20:13] | Now that one was solid. Huh? | 这才叫瓷实的笑点 |
[20:22] | There’s my girl. | 我媳妇儿 |
[20:34] | Ugh, Andi. Andi. | 安迪 安迪 |
[20:37] | I just had the weirdest dream. | 我刚刚做了个超级奇怪的梦 |
[20:42] | Boom-chucka-chucka, Mr. Burns. | 动次打次 伯恩斯先生 |
[20:56] | Oh, forget it. My heart can’t take another one. | 算了吧 再来一次 我的小心脏可承受不住了 |