时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | -How’d it go at the bank? -Not good. | -银行那边咋样 -不咋样 |
[00:06] | This mini-mall job prep is costing us a fortune. | 小商场的准备工作花太多钱了 |
[00:09] | The rental on the crane, the lumber. | 租吊车的钱 木材的钱 |
[00:11] | Our account balance is so low, | 我们的账户没剩多少了 |
[00:13] | they wouldn’t even give me a lollipop. | 银行的人现在连棒棒糖都不愿给我一根 |
[00:15] | But it’s the biggest job we’ve ever done. | 可这是我们有史以来最大的一个活 |
[00:17] | We should be rolling in the dough. | 现在应该在挣大钱才对 |
[00:19] | I was gonna start hanging out with Jimmy Buffett. | 我都打算好要跟吉米·巴菲特交朋友了 |
[00:21] | We don’t get paid until we start the job, | 这项目启动后才会有收入 |
[00:23] | and the permits are taking longer than they’re supposed to. | 但这次许可证下发的时间有点长 |
[00:26] | We just… we can’t cover all these bills. | 现在入不敷出了 |
[00:29] | Well, then charge it to a credit card, | 那就用信用卡付款 |
[00:32] | and then charge that to another credit card. | 然后用另一张信用卡来付这一张 |
[00:35] | Nobody pays for anything in this country. | 我们美国人不兴付钱 |
[00:37] | That’s how we all have so much stuff. | 所以我们物质才这么丰富 |
[00:41] | I don’t think you’re getting enough oxygen up there. | 我看你是太高了缺氧吧 |
[00:44] | Okay, look, we’re gonna have to put our own personal money in | 这样 我们投一些自己的钱进去 |
[00:47] | and float the company until we get paid. | 然后卖一些股份 |
[00:49] | All right, okay, I’ll kick in my share. | 好吧 那我出一部分钱 |
[00:51] | If I want to have a real relationship with Jimmy Buffett, | 如果我要和吉米·巴菲特做好朋友 |
[00:53] | he’s got to like me for me. | 就不会是因为他看上我的钱了 |
[01:03] | What’s happening? Are you cleaning? | 发生什么事了 你居然在打扫 |
[01:05] | The pantry? | 打扫食物间 |
[01:07] | I have dreamed of this day for so many years. | 这一天我梦了很多年了 |
[01:11] | No, no, no, no, | 不不不不 |
[01:12] | we need to do a little family belt-tightening | 我们全家要勒紧裤腰带 |
[01:14] | until this mini-mall job starts. | 直到小商场项目开始 |
[01:16] | Look at all this food we never eat. | 我们买了太多食物 又从来不吃 |
[01:17] | Why do we have five bags of rice? | 我们为什么要买五袋米 |
[01:20] | Because you didn’t see the other five bags | 因为你没有看见 |
[01:21] | that are still in there. | 那里面的另外五袋 |
[01:24] | Look, don’t get stressed, all right? | 别紧张好吗 |
[01:25] | We’ll just loan money to the company, | 我们贷一些款给公司就是了 |
[01:27] | we’ve done it before. | 以前也这样干过 |
[01:28] | Just let me know before you do it. | 提前跟我说一声就行 |
[01:29] | Don’t worry, I will. I did it this morning. | 我会告诉你的 早上已经这样做了 |
[01:35] | Okay, well, as long as it wasn’t all of it. | 没关系 别把全部钱投进去就行 |
[01:37] | No, no, of course not. | 不会 当然不会 |
[01:39] | It was all of it. | 全部都投进去了 |
[01:42] | But I have to put down the kids’ deposits | 可我得给孩子们的夏令营交押金 |
[01:43] | for summer camp or we’ll lose our spot. | 不然他们就去不了了 |
[01:45] | What? They don’t need camp. | 什么 他们才不需要夏令营 |
[01:47] | Let them stare at a wall and be bored all summer like we were. | 让他们盯着墙过夏天就是了 就像我们小时候那样 |
[01:52] | Made us strong and angry. | 让我们意志坚定 满腔怒火 |
[01:55] | Camp’s not for them; it’s for us. | 夏令营又不是为了他们 是为了我们 |
[01:57] | – What? – Yeah. | -什么 -对啊 |
[01:57] | Remember that week last summer | 还记得去年夏天那个礼拜吗 |
[01:59] | when Kate and Teddy were at camp | 凯特和泰迪去了夏令营 |
[02:00] | and Emme was at my parents? | 艾玛去了我父母家 |
[02:02] | No pants week. | 一周不用穿裤子 |
[02:06] | Can’t tell me you’re not gonna miss that. | 可别告诉我你不想念那个啊 |
[02:08] | Okay, all right, new strategy: | 好吧 新战略 |
[02:09] | we’re gonna prioritize camp over everything else | 夏令营的优先级提到最高级别 |
[02:11] | around here, starting with the food. | 其他事都靠边 从食物开始 |
[02:12] | No new food until we eat everything in the house. | 在存货都吃光前不能买新食物 |
[02:17] | Daddy, can I have a snack? | 爸爸 我能吃点零食吗 |
[02:18] | Uh, you bet, yeah. | 当然可以 |
[02:20] | Uh, here, how about a half gallon of fruit cocktail? | 来 两升水果鸡尾酒如何 |
[02:24] | Yay! | 好耶 |
[02:28] | Why do we try so hard at Christmas? I… | 我们圣诞节干嘛费那么多心思 |
[02:32] | So, your brother’s birthday is coming up, | 你哥哥的生日要到了 |
[02:34] | and I’m gonna have his party at our place. | 我打算在我们家里办生日会 |
[02:37] | I think Marcy’s planning on hosting it. | 我记得玛茜要办的 |
[02:39] | Interesting. | 这可真有意思 |
[02:41] | I had no idea his wife was plotting behind my back. | 真没想到他老婆背着我在搞阴谋 |
[02:45] | Oh, no, no, no, no, I didn’t mean… | 不不不不 我不是那个意思 |
[02:46] | Thank you for being on my team. | 谢谢你跟我站在一边 |
[02:49] | I’m not on anybody’s team. | 我没有要跟谁站在一边 |
[02:51] | I don’t, I don’t even know what game we’re playing. | 我都不知道这是在比赛什么 |
[02:54] | All right, Mom, Dad. | 好了 妈 爸 |
[02:56] | Dig in, huh? | 开动吧 |
[02:58] | Hot dogs and rice– where’s the bun? | 热狗和米饭 面包呢 |
[03:02] | Well, just roll it around in the rice. | 就在米饭里滚一滚 |
[03:03] | It’ll make its own bun. | 它就能包起来了 |
[03:06] | Looks like it’s giving me the finger. | 这玩意像是在给我竖中指 |
[03:09] | We’re just doing a little belt-tightening | 我们现在要勒紧腰带过日子 |
[03:12] | since Adam’s between jobs. | 因为亚当暂时没有工作 |
[03:13] | Yeah– what, no, I’m not between jobs. | 什么 我并不是没有工作 |
[03:15] | I just finished one job and I’m about to start another. | 我刚干完一个活 正要开始下一个 |
[03:18] | So between jobs. | 就是没有工作呗 |
[03:21] | In front of jobs. | 正要有新工作 |
[03:24] | Boom and bust– that’s what I warned you about | 繁荣萧条交替 你们开始做这生意前 |
[03:26] | when you started that business. | 我就警告过你们的 |
[03:27] | There’s no bust. | 并没有萧条 |
[03:29] | There’s boom, space, boom. | 是繁荣 暂停 繁荣 |
[03:33] | And right now we’re in the space. | 我们现在只是暂停一下 |
[03:37] | You know, I think this meal has a real international flair. | 我觉得这顿饭挺有国际化风味的 |
[03:41] | This must be what they eat at Chinese baseball games. | 中国棒球比赛的时候肯定就吃这个 |
[03:45] | I’ll tell you what, | 我告诉你 |
[03:47] | you need money, I’ll loan you the money. | 你需要钱的话 我借给你就是了 |
[03:49] | What do you say? | 你觉得呢 |
[03:50] | – No, thank you. – Yes, please. | -不用了谢谢 -好的拜托了 |
[03:53] | Well, which is it? | 到底要哪样 |
[03:54] | – No, thank you. – Yes, please. | -不用了谢谢 -好的拜托了 |
[03:57] | Andi, uh, can I talk to you in the… | 安迪 请你跟我去… |
[04:00] | pantry, please? | 食物间聊两句 |
[04:03] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[04:05] | They want to argue privately. | 他们想悄悄地吵 |
[04:06] | Yeah, he doesn’t want us to hear her win. Mm. | 他不想让我们听见她赢 |
[04:12] | – What are you doing out there? – Well… | -你刚在做什么呢 -那个 |
[04:13] | Look, I know your relationship with your Dad is complex, | 我知道你跟你爸的关系很复杂 |
[04:16] | but that’s not gonna change. | 但那不会改变的 |
[04:17] | But if we take this loan, what can change | 可如果我们从他那借钱了 能改变的就是 |
[04:20] | is that we’ll have hot dog buns, huh? | 我们就能有配热狗的面包了 |
[04:22] | And the kids can go to camp, | 而且孩子们能去夏令营 |
[04:24] | and you won’t have to wash your pants for a week | 你一个礼拜都不用洗裤子了 |
[04:25] | ’cause you won’t be wearing any. | 因为根本就不用穿 |
[04:29] | Oh! No, no, no, no. | 不不不不 |
[04:31] | Borrowing money from family is a bad idea. | 向家人借钱是个很糟糕的事情 |
[04:32] | It brings out the worst in people. | 会让人显现出最坏的一面 |
[04:34] | Technically, you borrowed money from me today. | 理论上来说 你今天就向我借钱了 |
[04:36] | And it’s bringing out the worst in you. | 你现在就显现出了最坏的一面 |
[04:39] | You will thank me later, all right? | 你以后会感谢我的 好吧 |
[04:40] | This is the right move. | 这样做是对的 |
[04:43] | Are those hot dog buns? | 那是配热狗的面包 |
[04:47] | There’s only two left. | 只剩两个了 |
[04:48] | I’m saving them for us. | 我是留给我俩的 |
[04:52] | Hey, Bev, they found hot dog buns. | 贝贝 找到热狗面包了 |
[05:09] | Dad? | 爸 |
[05:10] | Pretty fancy digs you got here. | 你这搞的挺华丽啊 |
[05:12] | Is this an office or a Ramada Inn? | 这是办公室还是华美达酒店啊 |
[05:15] | Fancy? | 华丽 |
[05:16] | It’s a trailer we bought at a police auction. | 这是警方拍卖时买来的拖车 |
[05:18] | Someone may or may not have died in here. | 可能死过人 也可能没有 |
[05:21] | So, uh, what brings you around? | 你过来做什么 |
[05:22] | Well, I wanted to get a look at how you’re running things | 我想过来看看你干得如何 |
[05:24] | now that I’ve invested money in the company. | 既然我现在已经往公司里投钱了 |
[05:27] | No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[05:29] | You did not invest in the company. | 你没有往公司里投钱 |
[05:30] | You loaned the money to me personally. | 你是给我私人借钱来着 |
[05:32] | What’s the big deal? | 那有什么关系 |
[05:33] | I mean, Don seemed happy to see me. | 大唐好像很高兴见到我 |
[05:35] | Yes, I did and yes, I am. | 好像是 的确是 |
[05:38] | You should listen to Dad; he’s got some great ideas. | 你应该听老爸的 他有些想法不错 |
[05:40] | You know, he didn’t need to borrow money from me. | 他都不需要从我这里借钱 |
[05:43] | Well, I have more expenses than he does. | 我比他开销大 |
[05:45] | He only had one kid; you had three | 他只生了一个孩子 你生了三个 |
[05:46] | because you can’t control your urges. | 因为你控制不住你自己 |
[05:50] | I’m controlling my urges right now. | 我现在就在控制我自己呢 |
[05:53] | What’s this? | 这什么 |
[05:55] | That’s a lumber invoice for the mini-mall project. | 是小商场项目买木材时开的票 |
[05:58] | That’s a lot of wood– have you counted it? | 这么多木头 你们数过吗 |
[06:00] | What? Nobody counts the wood, Dad. | 什么 没人会数木头的 爸 |
[06:02] | It’d take forever. | 那一辈子也数不完 |
[06:04] | This place’d just be called Burns Brothers Wood Counting. | 公司就直接改名为伯恩斯兄弟数木材公司了 |
[06:07] | I’ll do it. | 我来数 |
[06:08] | This is why I got to keep an eye on this place. | 所以过来帮你们盯着是对的 |
[06:11] | And I’m happy to have you, Pop. | 真高兴你能过来 老爸 |
[06:14] | This is a nightmare, you got to get rid of him. | 简直是个噩梦 你得把他解决掉 |
[06:16] | Why didn’t you say that while he was in here? | 他在的时候你怎么不说 |
[06:18] | That’s not my role in the family; it’s you versus us, | 那不是我在家里的角色 一般是你对抗我们 |
[06:20] | and right now you’ve got to stop us. | 所以现在你得要阻止我们 |
[06:24] | I don’t know if either of you are concerned, | 有个事不知道你们感不感兴趣 |
[06:25] | but your dad is outside yelling at a pile of wood. | 不过你们爸在外面冲一堆木头大喊大叫 |
[06:29] | According to my mother, that’s how the wood knows he cares. | 据我妈说 这是对木头表示关心的方式 |
[06:33] | Can you give this receipt to Marcy? | 能把这个发票给玛茜吗 |
[06:34] | I’m doing a charity drive and she was kind enough | 我正在筹办一个慈善活动 她特别好心 |
[06:36] | to donate your old laptop to the library. | 把你的旧电脑捐给了图书馆 |
[06:38] | Did you say my old laptop? | 我的旧电脑吗 |
[06:40] | My personal, private laptop? | 我的私人电脑 |
[06:44] | How did she find it? | 她是怎么找到的 |
[06:45] | I hid it in my sock drawer. | 我都藏在装袜子的抽屉里 |
[06:46] | That’s where he used to hide his girlie magazines | 这是我们小时候 |
[06:48] | when we were kids. | 你藏色情杂志的地方 |
[06:49] | You know, you’re taller, but you’re still a pervert. | 人是长高了 但依然这么变态 |
[06:51] | Don, they’ll erase the laptop | 老唐 在跟大众共享之前 |
[06:53] | before they share it with the public. | 他们会清空电脑 |
[06:54] | No, no, they can’t do that. I got personal stuff on there. | 不行 他们不能这么做 上面还有我的私藏呢 |
[06:57] | I need it back. | 我得要回来 |
[06:57] | I’m not sure I can get it back. | 不知道能不能拿回来 |
[07:00] | This is gonna be so embarrassing. | 这太尴尬了 |
[07:03] | You know what? This day did not start out great, | 今天早晨是让人挺不爽的 |
[07:04] | but you have really turned it around for me. | 不过你已经成功让我愉悦了起来 |
[07:12] | Check it out. | 快看 |
[07:15] | A full bag of hot dog buns. | 一整包香肠面包 |
[07:18] | We’re back, baby. | 跟以前一样 亲爱的 |
[07:21] | I am feeling very right about this loan. | 我觉得这钱借得非常对 |
[07:24] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[07:25] | I had to work here this afternoon. | 今天下午把我逼得在这工作 |
[07:26] | Dad came to the office | 爸爸去了办公室 |
[07:27] | and was sticking his nose in everything. | 对所有事都指手画脚的 |
[07:30] | Look, I know you that you want me to be outraged, | 我知道你想激怒我 |
[07:32] | but I just paid the kids’ summer camp deposits, | 但我刚刚付了孩子们夏令营的定金 |
[07:35] | so I’m thinking that your short-term pain | 所以我觉得你的短期痛苦 |
[07:37] | is worth our long-term gain. | 相对于我们的长期收益来说是值得的 |
[07:39] | A-boop. | 大乖乖 |
[07:43] | Your credit card bill is ridiculous. | 你的信用卡账单太扯了 |
[07:46] | Oh, great, now he’s here and he’s going through our mail. | 好极了 他现在来查我们的信箱了 |
[07:48] | Yeah, I’m pretty sure that’s a federal offense. | 这绝对是联邦犯罪 |
[07:52] | I’m a veteran; federal laws don’t apply to me. | 我是退伍军人 联邦法律对我没用 |
[07:56] | 50 bucks a month for the gym? | 每月50块钱健身 |
[07:58] | Do you use it? | 你去吗 |
[08:00] | Uh, well, not in a while. | 好久没去了 |
[08:01] | I was gonna go last week, but I guess they moved | 上周想去的 不过估计他们搬走了 |
[08:04] | because now it’s an Outback Steakhouse. | 因为那里现在是傲虎牛排餐厅 |
[08:08] | So I just did that. Ah. | 也就是我才去过 |
[08:11] | You are wasting 600 bucks a year. | 你每年都在浪费600块钱 |
[08:14] | Are you hearing this? | 你听见了吗 |
[08:15] | Well, he’s got a point. | 他说的有道理啊 |
[08:16] | I mean, the gym is a luxury you don’t need right now. | 现在健身房对你而言是不需要的奢侈品 |
[08:20] | I mean, you already hooked me. Who are you trying to impress? | 你都已经勾引到我了 还想去撩谁 |
[08:23] | And look at this. | 再看看这个 |
[08:24] | “Starbucks, Starbucks, Starbucks.” | 星巴克 星巴克 星巴克 |
[08:27] | Five bucks a day for coffee | 每天五块钱买咖啡 |
[08:28] | when you can make it here for free. | 明明就能在家里喝不要钱的 |
[08:31] | Actually those charges are mine, you can skip those. | 实际上这些费用是我的 您可以忽略 |
[08:34] | Yeah, Dad, if you add all that coffee money up, what’s that? | 爸 如果把咖啡钱加一加 总共多少 |
[08:37] | Almost $2,000 a year. | 一年差不多2000块 |
[08:39] | $2,000 a year on coffee. | 一年2000块钱买咖啡 |
[08:44] | Wait, $2,000 a year on coffee?! | 等等 2000块钱买咖啡 |
[08:49] | I need to put you two on a budget. | 你们要节省不必要的开支 |
[08:51] | I’m gonna take all your bills | 我会把你们的账单都拿走 |
[08:52] | and we’ll go through everything tomorrow | 明天你们来家里的时候 |
[08:54] | when you come to the house. | 我们一起过一遍 |
[08:55] | Party time is over. | 欢乐时光结束了 |
[08:58] | But I don’t want party time to be over. | 可我不想欢乐时光结束啊 |
[09:00] | Yeah. How are you feeling about that short-term pain now, huh? | 你现在觉得这个短期痛苦怎么样 |
[09:04] | Boop. | 小乖乖 |
[09:08] | How dare your dad go after my lattes. | 你爸爸怎么敢动我的拿铁 |
[09:10] | I mean, they are the first thing I think about | 它们可是我早上醒来 |
[09:11] | when I wake up in the morning | 想到的第一件事 |
[09:12] | and the last thing I think about when I go to sleep at night. | 晚上睡前想到的最后一件事 |
[09:15] | Thanks, honey. | 棒极了 亲爱的 |
[09:18] | – Adam, he has to be stopped. – I know. | -亚当 我们得阻止他 -我知道 |
[09:20] | He’s trying to cancel my Outback membership. | 他想取消我的傲虎会员 |
[09:23] | You know, we always agreed we’d never fight about money. | 不过我们都已经说好不要为钱争吵了 |
[09:25] | That said, this is all your fault. | 即便如此 这都是你的错 |
[09:27] | You should have never taken that money from my dad. | 你就不该问我爸借那个钱 |
[09:29] | You are 100% right. | 你说得完全对 |
[09:31] | Boy, I like hearing that in the bathroom, | 天呐 我喜欢在厕所听到这种声音 |
[09:32] | it’s got a nice echo. | 回声真不错 |
[09:41] | I mean, he wants to look at all of our money stuff. | 他想看我们所有的开支 |
[09:45] | – That’s not happening. – No, it’s not. | -不可能 -对 不可能 |
[09:47] | Okay, we have got to draw a line in the sand. | 我们得表明自己的立场 |
[09:48] | We’re gonna go over there and tell him | 然后过去告诉他 |
[09:49] | to stay out of our business. | 不要插手我们的事 |
[09:50] | – Yeah, you are. – N-No, I said “We.” | -对 你应该这么做 -不是 我说我们 |
[09:52] | And I said “You.” | 我说你 |
[09:53] | No, no, we’ll do it together, all right? | 不行 我们一起去 |
[09:56] | And then afterward, we’re gonna stop by my gym | 然后我们去一趟我的健身房 |
[09:58] | and have some cheese fries and a beer. | 吃点芝士薯条 喝点啤酒 |
[10:07] | Hey, everybody. | 大家好 |
[10:09] | Should we talk to your dad now? | 现在就去跟你爸爸谈吗 |
[10:10] | No, no, no, no. | 不不不不 |
[10:11] | Let’s soften him up first. | 先给他来点糖衣炮弹 |
[10:12] | Hey, kids, go give Grandpa kisses | 孩子们 去给爷爷献吻 |
[10:14] | and put him in a good mood. | 让他开心一下 |
[10:17] | Like Mom tells us to do to you when she wants something? | 就跟妈妈想要什么时让我们这么对你一样吗 |
[10:20] | – What? – Nothing. Go, go. Go, go. Kids. | -什么 -没什么 快去吧 孩子们 |
[10:26] | Okay, since we’re all here now, | 好了 既然大家都到了 |
[10:27] | let’s settle this Don birthday controversy. | 那我们来解决这个老唐生日的争议吧 |
[10:30] | It’s not a controversy. | 这不是什么争议 |
[10:31] | We can’t even agree on what to call it. | 连是什么都没办法意见统一 |
[10:34] | Look, since you two can’t decide who should have Don’s party, | 既然你们两个都没办法决定谁来举办老唐的生日宴 |
[10:37] | maybe you should consider a neutral location, | 或许你们应该考虑一个折中地点 |
[10:39] | like Chuck E. Cheese. | 比如儿童餐厅 |
[10:42] | Well, that sounds fun. Good food, great music. | 很有趣 食物好吃 音乐绝佳 |
[10:46] | Uh, I just think I should host it. | 我觉得应该让我来办 |
[10:47] | I mean, after all, I was there for Don’s real birthday. | 毕竟老唐出生的那天我也在 |
[10:51] | Oh. It was like pushing out a buffalo. | 那简直就跟生头水牛似的 |
[10:53] | Yeah. | 对 |
[10:54] | He was too big for the baby scale, | 因为他属于巨婴 |
[10:55] | so they had to take him to a supermarket | 所以他们只能把他带去超市 |
[10:57] | and weigh him like a watermelon. | 像称西瓜一样给他称重 |
[11:00] | Well, and, and because of that, Adam, | 正因此 亚当 |
[11:02] | don’t you think I should host the party? | 你不觉得应该由我来办这次生日吗 |
[11:04] | Just let Marcy have it. | 让玛茜来吧 |
[11:06] | Yeah, you pushed out the buffalo, | 水牛虽然是你生的 |
[11:07] | but she has to live with it. | 但忍着跟他过下去的人是她 |
[11:10] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:11] | Let’s have it at Marcy’s. | 就在玛茜家过吧 |
[11:12] | I’m not a sore loser. | 我不是输不起的人 |
[11:14] | I’ll even come over early | 我还会早点过去 |
[11:15] | and give you a hand with the cooking. | 帮你一起准备吃的 |
[11:16] | So everything’s not so salty. | 省的所有事物都太咸 |
[11:24] | Hey, Lowell. Do they still have it? | 洛厄尔 还在他们那里吗 |
[11:26] | Sounds good, be right there. | 不错 马上过去 |
[11:28] | What was that about? | 怎么了 |
[11:29] | Wrong number. And completely unrelated, I got to go. | 打错了 完全不认识的人 我要走了 |
[11:34] | All right, you two. | 好了 你们两个 |
[11:35] | Let’s get started with these bills. | 我们来说说这些账单吧 |
[11:38] | Uh, actually, we need to talk to you about that. | 事实上我们也要就此跟您谈一谈 |
[11:40] | Yeah, uh… | 对… |
[11:42] | First of all, Dad, thank you for the loan, | 首先 爸 谢谢你的钱 |
[11:44] | but we think we can handle our own finances. | 但我们觉得我们可以处理好财务问题 |
[11:47] | We may decide to cutback on the coffees… | 我们或许会决定缩减咖啡支出 |
[11:49] | Nope. | 不会 |
[11:49] | …or keep it the same, | 或者保持原样 |
[11:51] | but it’ll be our decision. | 但这都会是我们的决定 |
[11:53] | What a surprise, you don’t want my help. | 太惊喜了 你们不需要我的帮助 |
[11:56] | Well, you wouldn’t take my advice when you started out. | 一开始你就不听我的话 |
[11:58] | Why would you take it now? | 现在又怎么会听 |
[11:59] | Dad, that’s got nothing to do with this. | 爸 这是哪跟哪啊 |
[12:01] | You know, when Adam got out of school, I pulled some strings | 亚当刚毕业时 我还托了点关系 |
[12:04] | and got him a job fixing trucks for the city, just like me. | 帮他在市修车厂找了个修车的活 跟我一样 |
[12:08] | Steady paycheck, benefits, a pension. | 稳定的工资福利和退休金 |
[12:11] | But no, he was too good to fix trucks. | 但他不去 对他来说太大材小用 |
[12:14] | Oh, h-hang on, Joe, that’s not fair. | 等等 乔 这么说不公平 |
[12:15] | I never said I was too good to fix trucks. | 我从没说过我去修车是大材小用 |
[12:18] | You didn’t have to say it. | 不用你说 |
[12:20] | What is your problem with me? | 你对我有什么不满 |
[12:21] | You have poor judgment. | 你缺乏判断力 |
[12:23] | But it makes sense. | 但也说得通 |
[12:25] | After Donny paved the way, | 当年小唐在你妈那铺好了路 |
[12:26] | you dropped out of your mother right onto your head. | 可你还是摔了个狗吃屎生出来的 |
[12:31] | I never knew that! | 我不知道这件事 |
[12:35] | That’s why I have that flat spot– I can’t talk to him. | 所以我头顶才是平的 聊不下去了 |
[12:41] | All I know is, we were all getting along fine | 我只知道 之前都好好的 |
[12:43] | until we agreed to have Don’s party at Marcy’s. | 直到我们同意在玛茜家开老唐的派对 |
[12:50] | There’s the computers. I’ll just go grab mine. | 电脑在那 我去拿我的 |
[12:51] | No, I don’t think this is a good idea. | 我觉得这样不好 |
[12:52] | The librarian’s not even here. | 图书馆员不在 |
[13:00] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[13:01] | Now she’s here. | 现在她在了 |
[13:03] | Put it down or I’ll call the cops. | 放下 不然我报警了 |
[13:05] | But it was donated by mistake. It’s mine. | 但这台捐错了 这台是我的 |
[13:07] | Well, why should I believe you? | 我为什么要相信你 |
[13:11] | Because you’re beautiful. | 因为你太美了 |
[13:14] | Oh, what? You… | 什么 你 |
[13:16] | Hey– no, no, that is not good enough. | 不 这夸得还不够狠 |
[13:20] | If that is really your computer, you’re gonna have to prove it. | 要是那台电脑真是你的 那你得证明一下 |
[13:23] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[13:25] | I didn’t want to have to do this. | 我也不想非得这么做 |
[13:26] | There’s some very private videos in here with me in them. | 里面有一些很私密的视频 有我的镜头 |
[13:29] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[13:31] | It’s not what you think. | 不是你想的那个 |
[13:31] | It’s just me by myself. | 只是我一个人而已 |
[13:33] | No, no. | 不不 |
[13:35] | Now, be gentle. | 宽容一点 |
[13:36] | It’s a bad angle, so I don’t look great. | 角度不好 所以我不好看 |
[13:38] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[13:45] | Hello, Madison Square Garden! | 麦迪逊广场花园 大家好 |
[13:47] | It’s me, Don! | 是我 老唐 |
[13:51] | Great to be here. | 能在这儿真好 |
[13:52] | I was just in Japan, I’m huge over there. | 我刚刚去了日本 我在那儿可是重量级人物 |
[13:54] | I mean, literally. Much taller than the average Japanese man. | 真的 我比日本大多数男人都高多了 |
[14:03] | Someone’s getting a little frisky over there. | 某人有点高兴得忘形了 |
[14:04] | I’m talking to you, Glenn Close. | 我在跟你说话呢 格伦·克洛斯[女演员] |
[14:09] | In a way, that was almost worse than what I was expecting. | 从某种意义上说 这比我之前想象得还惨 |
[14:13] | I’m sorry you had to see that. The lighting was bad. | 抱歉让你看到这个了 光线不好 |
[14:16] | I kind of dug it. | 我还挺喜欢的 |
[14:19] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[14:19] | Yeah. Are you, by any chance, a single fella? | 对 你有没有可能单身 |
[14:25] | Oh, I’m sorry, honey, this book’s already been checked out. | 抱歉 宝贝 这本书已经被别人借走了 |
[14:28] | But it’s always nice to meet a fan. | 但见到粉丝总是很开心的 |
[14:36] | We can’t wait for that mini-mall check. | 我们等不及那张迷你购物中心的支票了 |
[14:37] | We are paying him back now. | 我们现在就要还他钱 |
[14:39] | Okay, well… | 好吧 |
[14:41] | There’s that treasure map in Emme’s pirate game. | 艾米的海盗玩具里有一张藏宝图 |
[14:43] | Maybe that leads somewhere. | 也许靠它能找到点什么呢 |
[14:46] | All right, look, I know we agreed to never touch it, | 好吧 我知道我们说好不能动那笔钱 |
[14:48] | but how’s our emergency rainy day fund? | 但我们的急救资金呢 |
[14:51] | Uh, it’s not looking good. | 看起来不妙 |
[14:53] | You remember, the washer went out, | 你记得 洗衣机坏掉了 |
[14:55] | and then the dryer went out a week later, | 一星期后烘干机也坏了 |
[14:57] | like a sweet old couple? | 就像一对相爱的老夫老妻 |
[15:00] | There’s got to be some way to pay my dad back. | 肯定有办法还我爸爸钱的 |
[15:04] | I don’t think paying the money back | 我觉得还钱 |
[15:06] | is gonna solve the problem between you two. | 不能解决你们俩之间的问题 |
[15:10] | – Oh, hi, Bev. – Hi, Andi. | -你好 贝贝 -你好 安迪 |
[15:12] | Adam, I don’t like what happened between you and your father. | 亚当 我不喜欢你和你爸爸这样 |
[15:17] | Ma, you don’t have to apologize for him. | 妈 你不用替他道歉 |
[15:21] | But you came all this way, so go ahead. | 但既然你都大老远来了 说吧 |
[15:24] | No. | 不 |
[15:24] | I’m not gonna apologize for him. | 我不会替他道歉的 |
[15:26] | You’re the one who should apologize. | 该道歉的是你 |
[15:28] | What? Ma. | 什么 妈 |
[15:31] | Why do you think he was snooping around your office | 你觉得 他为什么要在你办公室周围窥探 |
[15:33] | and going through your bills? | 翻看你的账单 |
[15:35] | He says it’s because he’s a veteran | 他说因为他是老兵 |
[15:36] | and it’s his legal right. | 这是他的合法权利 |
[15:40] | Adam. | 亚当 |
[15:43] | Is it so hard to understand | 父亲想让自己被儿子需要 |
[15:45] | that an old man wants to feel necessary | 被儿子尊重 |
[15:48] | and looked up to by his son? | 就那么难以理解吗 |
[15:52] | Well if that’s how he feels, he should just say that. | 要是他这么想 他应该直说 |
[15:55] | Well, hold on. | 等等 |
[15:55] | You’re not that great at talking about your feelings. | 你也不怎么擅长说感受 |
[16:00] | It’s very unfair of you to bring up a good point | 这个时间说这件事 |
[16:02] | like that right now. | 真是太不公平了 |
[16:05] | All he wants is to feel needed. | 他只想被人需要 |
[16:08] | That’s why he wanted to get you that job 30 years ago, | 所以他三十年前想让你得到那份工作 |
[16:10] | and that’s why he’s sticking his nose in your business now. | 所以他现在才四处打探你的事情 |
[16:13] | And all Adam wants is for his dad to be proud of him | 亚当只想让他爸爸为他骄傲 |
[16:17] | and, and trust him to do things on his own. | 相信他能自立 |
[16:21] | Aw, they both want things they can’t ask for. | 他们都想要不能张口要的东西 |
[16:26] | It’s like a Meg Ryan movie. | 就像梅格·瑞恩[甜心影后]的电影 |
[16:32] | But they’re both Meg Ryan. | 只不过他俩都是梅格·瑞恩 |
[16:37] | Look, I didn’t know. I’m sorry. | 我之前不知道 抱歉 |
[16:39] | You should be. You’ve, you’ve upset your father… | 你也应该愧疚 你惹你爸不高兴了 |
[16:43] | and you’ve upset me very, very much. | 你也让我非常非常不高兴 |
[16:48] | All right, all right. I’ll figure out a way | 好吧 好吧 我会找到办法 |
[16:50] | to make it up to him. | 补偿他的 |
[16:51] | And, Ma, I wish there was something I could do | 妈 我希望也能做点什么 |
[16:53] | to make it up to you, too. | 补偿你 |
[16:57] | Well… | 那么 |
[17:01] | There is one thing. | 有一件事 |
[17:09] | Marcy, we talked about it, and Andi and I think | 玛茜 我们谈过了 安迪和我觉得 |
[17:14] | that Don’s birthday should be at Mom’s house and not yours. | 老唐的生日应该在妈妈家办 不在你家 |
[17:21] | What’s the… We agree | 什么 我们同意 |
[17:22] | that the, uh, best person to throw a birthday party | 为一位已婚成年男士办生日派对的 |
[17:25] | for a married, adult man is his mother. | 最佳人选就是他妈妈 |
[17:31] | Oh, Adam, Andi, this is out of nowhere. | 亚当 安迪 这话从何而来 |
[17:39] | Is there anything else? | 还有别的事吗 |
[17:41] | We just thought it was important to tell you | 我们觉得有必要告诉你 |
[17:43] | because your cooking is too, too salty. | 因为你做菜太咸了 |
[17:49] | What does she have on you? | 你们有什么把柄落她手里 |
[17:52] | So much. | 太多了 |
[17:57] | ♪Happy birthday to you♪ | ♪祝你生日快乐♪ |
[18:04] | All right! | 好了 |
[18:06] | I don’t want to say this is the best party ever, | 我不想说这是有史以来最棒的生日派对 |
[18:08] | but I wouldn’t mind if somebody else said it. | 但要是有人这么评论我也不介意 |
[18:11] | It was lovely, Bev. | 真贴心 贝贝 |
[18:13] | And since you hosted Don’s birthday, | 既然老唐的生日派对是你牵头 |
[18:14] | it’s only fair that I host Christmas. | 那我只能组织圣诞节派对才公平了 |
[18:16] | Everybody heard it, I win. | 大家都听见了 我赢了 |
[18:20] | Marcy with the left hook out of nowhere. | 玛茜的左勾拳攻击来得真是无缘无故 |
[18:23] | Dad, you want a piece of cake? | 爸 吃蛋糕吗 |
[18:24] | I’m fine. | 不用了 |
[18:28] | Well, I did everything I could. | 我尽力了 |
[18:31] | No, you, you offered him cake. | 不 你给他蛋糕 |
[18:34] | Y-you need to offer him love. | 你得给他爱 |
[18:37] | What? | 什么 |
[18:39] | I say walk over and give him a big hug. | 我是说 走过去 结结实实抱住他 |
[18:41] | Ooh, that’s good. | 那样真棒 |
[18:43] | No, it’s not. | 一点都不棒 |
[18:44] | Last time I had my arms around him, | 上次我用胳膊环住他的时候 |
[18:45] | he was choking on a meatball. | 是因为他吃肉丸噎到了 |
[18:49] | You know what? I know what to do. | 你知道吗 我知道怎么办了 |
[19:00] | Hey, Dad, um… | 爸 |
[19:02] | You know that, that old motorcycle | 你知道我和老唐正在组装的 |
[19:03] | that Don and I are putting back together? | 那辆旧摩托车吗 |
[19:06] | Well, I’m having a problem with the float bowl on the carburetor. | 化油器的浮筒我们没法搞定 |
[19:08] | Think you could take a look at it? | 你能看一眼吗 |
[19:09] | It’d really be a big help. | 算帮我们个大忙 |
[19:15] | Well, yeah, yeah, sure. | 好啊 没问题 |
[19:17] | I-I can do that. | 可以的 |
[19:20] | But you don’t need me. | 但你用不着我 |
[19:22] | Well, sure I do. | 我需要 |
[19:24] | Oh, you’re really great at that stuff. | 这方面你很善长的 |
[19:27] | Yeah. Well… | 是啊 |
[19:30] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[19:34] | Say you learned it from him. | 说是你跟他学的 |
[19:35] | Would you mind? We’re doing it. | 你能不能不这样 我们正在谈 |
[19:44] | So, uh, so Saturday, then? | 周六怎么样 |
[19:45] | Yeah, I’m looking forward to it. | 我很期待 |
[19:47] | Yeah, me, too. | 我也是 |
[19:54] | Are they saying that you should hug me? | 他们是不是说你该拥抱我 |
[19:58] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[19:59] | We can’t do it. We give them one, | 不能做 我们抱一次 |
[20:00] | they’ll want it all the time. | 他们会一直都想看的 |
[20:09] | You know, the other day, I was forced | 有一天 我被逼着 |
[20:10] | to face one of my biggest fears. | 直面我最大的恐惧之一 |
[20:14] | Sharing my gift with the world. | 跟全世界分享我的天赋 |
[20:18] | And I realized, after I made a librarian fall in love with me… | 我让图书馆员爱上我之后 才意识到 |
[20:21] | What’s that now? | 什么 |
[20:22] | That… | 我意识到 |
[20:24] | It would just be selfish for me to keep what I have hidden. | 我隐藏这些真是太自私了 |
[20:27] | So sit back and relax. | 坐好了 放轻松 |
[20:29] | Something tells me | 我有预感 |
[20:29] | we’re gonna be a lot closer after this three-hour journey. | 这三个小时的演奏结束后 我们会亲密得多 |
[20:40] | What, not even a foot tap? Nothing? | 居然没人抖腿 什么反应都没有吗 |
[20:46] | Your brother’s playing! Tap your foot! | 你哥在弹琴呢 快抖腿 |