时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on Man With A Plan… | 《老爸有招》前情回顾 |
[00:04] | This is such a fun way to celebrate | 这种庆祝方式真有趣 |
[00:06] | you guys finishing the mini mall. | 恭喜你们完成了小型商场的项目 |
[00:08] | Hey, did Lisa say what our next project is? Mm-mm. | 丽莎有没有说下个项目是什么 |
[00:10] | The next project I will be working on is… | 我即将要开始的大项目是 |
[00:13] | myself! | 我自己 |
[00:16] | We just lost our jobs. | 我们失业了 |
[00:18] | – What’s the matter? – I just got laid off. | -怎么了 -我刚刚被解雇了 |
[00:20] | So, we’re busting our humps all day | 我们要忙碌一整天 |
[00:22] | while you two get to sit around? | 你们却可以闲坐着吗 |
[00:24] | Yeah. It’s like we’re the kids now. | 对 就好像我们变成了孩子 |
[00:27] | Bring us back some food and money. | 你们记得带钱和吃的回来 |
[00:32] | Dad, I broke another toilet seat. | 爸 我又把坐便器搞坏了 |
[00:36] | Teddy, buddy, you lift it up, you put it down. | 泰迪啊 抬起来 放下去 |
[00:38] | That’s it. | 就这么简单 |
[00:40] | Where are you going off script? | 你自由发挥了什么 |
[00:42] | It’s a teen boy in a bathroom. He’s gonna push the limits. | 青少年进了厕所 肯定要挑战极限的 |
[00:47] | Aw, thanks, buddy. It’s still warm. | 真是谢谢你 还热乎着呢 |
[00:53] | Oh, he broke another one? | 他又弄坏一个吗 |
[00:56] | Neither of is working. | 我们都没工作了 |
[00:57] | We’re gonna go bankrupt on toilet seats. | 光坐便器就能把咱们搞破产 |
[01:00] | All right. We should get to work. | 好了 我们得开工了 |
[01:01] | – Yeah. – Wait. | -对 -等等 |
[01:03] | You guys got a job? | 你们找到工作了吗 |
[01:04] | That’s fantastic. | 太棒了 |
[01:06] | Oh, it’s just a small kitchen remodel | 不过是重装厨房 |
[01:08] | for my parents. | 我爸妈家的 |
[01:11] | Adam, this is a terrible idea. | 亚当 这样不好 |
[01:13] | Your parents are impossible. | 你父母特别难缠 |
[01:16] | I really don’t like it when you do that. | 我不喜欢你这样 |
[01:18] | Okay. I’m sorry. Look, honey. | 我错了 亲爱的 听我说 |
[01:20] | It’s just a quick job to tide us over | 这就是帮我们做个缓冲 |
[01:21] | until Lisa McCaffrey gives us our next project. | 等丽莎·麦卡弗雷给我们新项目 |
[01:24] | We got bills. We’re going through a toilet seat a week! | 我们得交账单 一个礼拜费一个坐便器 |
[01:27] | Okay? I got to keep money coming in. | 对吧 我得赚钱养家 |
[01:29] | Honey, I love that you’re thinking about us, | 亲爱的 你想着家里我很感动 |
[01:31] | but working for your parents is never a good idea. | 但是给你爸妈干活真的不好 |
[01:34] | You remember The Partridge Family? | 记得《帕特里奇一家》吗 |
[01:36] | Things got so weird | 多尴尬啊 |
[01:37] | that one of the kids started dating his sister. | 一个孩子跟他姐在一起了 |
[01:39] | Oh, I’ve always had a thing for that mom. | 我一直特别喜欢他家妈妈 |
[01:42] | Many a lonely night, | 许多个孤独的夜晚 |
[01:43] | she stopped by Don Town in a tight sweater. | 她总穿着紧身毛衣来”唐人城”坐坐 |
[01:47] | Downtown Don Town. | “唐人城”市中心 |
[01:50] | What did I say, okay? | 我说什么了 |
[01:51] | Never talk about Don Town. | 别提你那个”唐人城” |
[01:53] | Especially Downtown Don Town. | 尤其是”唐人城”市中心 |
[01:56] | Look, I know it’s not great, but I’d appreciate it | 我知道这个选择不好 但我还是希望 |
[01:58] | if you’d support me on this. | 你能够支持我 |
[01:59] | No, I know. You’re right. | 我知道 你说得对 |
[02:01] | We support each other. That’s our deal. | 我们应该互相支持 这才对 |
[02:02] | Right. Exactly. | 没错 |
[02:03] | Just like I supported you when we went to Jamaica | 就像我们去牙买加的时候 |
[02:05] | and you got cornrows so tight | 你编了特别紧的贴头辫 |
[02:07] | that you couldn’t close your eyes. | 拽得眼睛都合不上了 |
[02:09] | When you give me margaritas in the morning, | 一大早就喝上玛格丽特 |
[02:11] | I’m gonna make some bold choices. | 那我肯定会大胆一些 |
[02:16] | Man, after a few weeks of unemployment, | 几个礼拜没工作 |
[02:17] | it felt great to swing a hammer again. | 再拿起斧头的感觉真好 |
[02:19] | – Yeah. – And to shock you with this exposed wire. | -是啊 -拿裸线电你也很爽 |
[02:22] | – That was fun. – Yeah. | -确实有意思 -好吧 |
[02:23] | I saw Grandpa for a second, but he said, “Go back.” | 我有一秒见到了爷爷 但他说”回去” |
[02:27] | Oh, we’re so excited about the new kitchen. | 我们好期待看到新厨房 |
[02:29] | I’m gonna make so many wonderful dinners | 我会做好多美味的晚餐 |
[02:31] | you’re gonna be sorry you got married and moved out. | 你们肯定会后悔结了婚搬出去住 |
[02:34] | Ma, it’s been 17 years. Let it go. | 妈 都17年了 放开吧 |
[02:39] | What the hell is going on? | 这是什么情况 |
[02:41] | W-We’re putting in a new kitchen like you asked. | 我们在按你要求重装厨房啊 |
[02:43] | What are you talking about? | 你们在说什么 |
[02:45] | Uh, uh, I can clear it up for you, Joe. | 我来为你解释 乔 |
[02:47] | Yeah, I did this behind your back. | 这是我自作主张决定的 |
[02:48] | Wh…? | 什么 |
[02:50] | Ma. | 妈 |
[02:51] | Where am I supposed to eat my donuts? | 那我要去哪里吃甜甜圈 |
[02:54] | Dad, we had no idea. | 爸 我们不知道 |
[02:56] | Every time I talked to Mom about this, | 每次我跟妈妈提起这个 |
[02:57] | she said, “We’re so excited about the new kitchen.” | 她总说”我们好期待看到新厨房” |
[03:00] | You said “We.” | 你说的是”我们” |
[03:01] | Yeah. Me and the kitchen. We. | 对 我和厨房 我们 |
[03:04] | Look, I-I’m sorry, Joe, but y-you left me no choice. | 抱歉 乔 但你让我别无选择 |
[03:07] | Every time I brought up getting a new kitchen, | 每次我提出重装厨房 |
[03:09] | you pretended to be asleep. | 你总是装睡 |
[03:11] | Avoiding something by pretending to be asleep. | 用装睡来逃避事情 |
[03:13] | I wonder where I learned that trick, huh? | 不知道我是跟谁学的 |
[03:15] | Okay, okay, okay. | 好吧 |
[03:17] | Let’s step lightly in that minefield. | 这里是雷区 咱们悠着点 |
[03:19] | Bedrooms have doors for a reason. | 卧室装门是有原因的 |
[03:21] | What am I supposed to do until you build me a new kitchen? | 你们建好新厨房之前 我该怎么办 |
[03:24] | Give me a break. | 少来吧 |
[03:25] | You do things without asking me all the time. | 你经常不跟我商量就做决定 |
[03:27] | I threw away one bird bath in 1986, | 不过是1986年扔了个鸟盆 |
[03:30] | and I’m hearing about it for the rest of my life. | 你一辈子都不打算放过我了吗 |
[03:33] | Those birds were my friends. | 那些鸟是我的朋友 |
[03:35] | Well, I’m not giving a free bath | 它们在我挡风玻璃上拉屎 |
[03:36] | to someone who craps on my windshield! | 我凭什么让它们免费洗澡 |
[03:42] | How’s working for your parents going? | 给父母打工感觉如何 |
[03:44] | So good. So many fun surprises. | 特别好 惊喜超多 |
[03:48] | Oh, don’t forget our stuff in the car. | 别忘了去车上拿我们的东西 |
[03:56] | Stuff? What stuff? | 东西 什么东西 |
[03:58] | Their luggage. They’re staying with us. | 行李 他们要住进来了 |
[04:01] | Surprise! | 惊喜 |
[04:16] | Cereal? | 麦片 |
[04:17] | This isn’t breakfast. | 这不是早餐 |
[04:19] | It looks like something you shake over a fish tank. | 这像是钓鱼用的鱼饵 |
[04:22] | You know where they have a great breakfast? | 你知道哪里的早餐好吃吗 |
[04:24] | At the La Quinta Inn. Yeah. | 拉昆塔酒店 对 |
[04:27] | That’s Spanish for “Not my house.” | 那是西班牙语 意思是”不是我家” |
[04:31] | Okay. | 好了 |
[04:33] | Let’s start making some decisions. | 来做点选择吧 |
[04:36] | All right, this is the fun part. | 这个部分很有趣的 |
[04:38] | The fast and fun part. | 又快又有趣 |
[04:41] | Okay, you guys pick a cabinet. | 你们选一个橱柜 |
[04:42] | We’ll put it in, and then we’ll have you back in your house | 我们安进去 几天后你们就可以 |
[04:44] | in a couple of days, all right? | 搬回自己家住了 好吗 |
[04:46] | Then I can spend the rest of the month apologizing to Andi. | 接下来的时间我就可以跟安迪道歉了 |
[04:49] | Oh, this is an easy choice. | 这个很好选 |
[04:50] | Yeah, no-brainer. | 对 不费脑子 |
[04:52] | That one. | 那个 |
[04:53] | Oh, that’s too plain, Joe. | 那个太普通了 乔 |
[04:56] | If you wanted plain, you should’ve married | 你要是想要普通的 就应该跟那个 |
[04:58] | that IHOP waitress you dated before me. | 在我前面的国际件饼屋服务员结婚 |
[05:01] | Well, she may have been dull, | 她也许是无聊了点 |
[05:02] | but she never tore up my kitchen. | 但她不会拆了我的厨房 |
[05:05] | Oh, I’m sorry, but I just, I don’t like any of them. | 抱歉 只是这些我都不喜欢 |
[05:08] | She doesn’t like any of them, Adam. | 她说都不喜欢 亚当 |
[05:10] | – Not any of them. – Okay. | -都不喜欢 -好了 |
[05:11] | O-Okay. Okay, uh, I got more samples at work. | 别激动 公司还有其他样品 |
[05:14] | I’ll bring everything back here, | 我把那些都拿回来 |
[05:15] | and we’ll keep this train rolling. | 我们再继续选 |
[05:16] | And while I’m gone, don’t forget you love me. | 等我走了之后 别忘了你很爱我 |
[05:23] | I saw some pancake mix in the pantry. | 我在库房里看到了煎饼面糊 |
[05:27] | As much as I’d love to make you guys another breakfast, | 虽然我很想再给你们做一顿早餐 |
[05:30] | I got to look at job listings | 但我得去看招聘网站 |
[05:31] | and see if they posted anything new. | 看看有没有什么新职位 |
[05:40] | Hey, guys. | 你们来了 |
[05:43] | Oh, dear. You’re not qualified for any of these. | 亲爱的 这些你都干不了 |
[05:52] | Lowell, what are you doing here? | 洛厄尔 你怎么来了 |
[05:53] | I come every day hoping you’ll show up. | 我每天都会来 盼着你们出现 |
[05:55] | I miss the relentless, juvenile teasing | 我很怀念你们的无情嘲讽 |
[05:57] | that told me I was one of the guys. | 让我很有男性归属感 |
[06:00] | Activia yogurt, huh? | 喝碧悠酸奶是吗 |
[06:02] | I’m surprised that didn’t come with a sports bra, | 居然没有赠送运动胸罩 |
[06:04] | Jamie Lee Curtis. | 你个娘炮 |
[06:07] | That’s the stuff. | 就是这个味 |
[06:09] | Yeah. Hey, come on. We got to hurry up. | 行了 我们得加快速度 |
[06:10] | Our parents are at my house with my angry wife | 爸妈还在我家 我老婆也很生气 |
[06:13] | and I’m not there. | 我却不在那里 |
[06:14] | Hold on. I’m not there. | 等等 我不在那里 |
[06:18] | Pass the lady yogurt. | 把娘炮酸奶拿来 |
[06:20] | Oh, hey, Lisa McCaffrey called. | 对了 丽莎·麦卡弗雷打来过 |
[06:22] | She’s stopping by later with a | 她一会儿要过来 |
[06:23] | “Exciting new proposal for Burns Brothers.” | “有好消息要通知伯恩斯兄弟” |
[06:26] | She must’ve picked our next project, | 她肯定选好了我们的新项目 |
[06:28] | which means we’re going back to work. | 我们要恢复工作啦 |
[06:30] | A real job where people don’t come live with me | 真正的那种工作 客户也不会在施工期间 |
[06:33] | during construction. | 跑来我家住 |
[06:35] | Ah, I hope Lisa picks something cool for us to build, | 我喜欢丽莎选的是很酷的项目 |
[06:37] | like a Victoria’s Secret go-kart track. | 比如维多利亚的秘密卡丁车赛道 |
[06:40] | That’s not a real thing. | 没这东西 |
[06:42] | It is in Don Town. | 在唐人城里有 |
[06:48] | Hey. What are you doing out here? | 你怎么出来待着了 |
[06:50] | Uh-oh. Is that car wine? | 这是车载红酒吗 |
[06:53] | I’m hiding from your parents. | 我在躲你爸妈 |
[06:56] | They spent the whole time you were gone | 你走了之后 他们一直喋喋不休 |
[06:58] | suggesting new careers for me. | 给我介绍新工作 |
[07:00] | And your mom said I should work at Hooters. | 你妈说我可以去猫头鹰餐厅工作[以性感服务员闻名] |
[07:03] | But in the back, shredding lettuce with the older gals. | 不过是在后厨 跟老女人一起撕生菜 |
[07:07] | What? No way. You’d be out front. | 什么 不可能 你肯定是前厅 |
[07:10] | What she doesn’t understand is it’s not how old you are, | 她不理解 重点不在于年龄 |
[07:13] | it’s about the hooters. | 而在于胸器 |
[07:15] | And your hooter age is 27. | 你的胸器才27岁 |
[07:17] | 27, 28. 29 tops. | 27 28 最多29 |
[07:21] | Good call staying under 30. | 算你聪明 没超过30 |
[07:24] | You know, y-your folks were right about one thing. Hmm? | 不过你爸妈说对一件事 |
[07:27] | I mean, why am I only looking for hospital jobs? | 我为什么非得看医院的工作呢 |
[07:30] | You know? I mean, I should, | 对吧 我完全可以 |
[07:31] | I should try something I’m good at and-and passionate about. | 我应该去尝试我擅长也感兴趣的工作 |
[07:35] | I just don’t know what that is. | 我只是不知道是什么 |
[07:38] | Do they pay people to drink wine? | 有人花钱请人喝酒吗 |
[07:40] | Yeah, well, if they did, | 要是有的话 |
[07:41] | we’d be having this conversation on a yacht. | 我们早就在游艇上聊天了 |
[07:44] | Hey. | 对了 |
[07:45] | Took you an awful long time to get back here. | 你花了好长时间才赶回来 |
[07:46] | Yeah. Yeah, it was a combination of traffic | 对 一个是交通状况不好 |
[07:48] | and, uh, not wanting to come back. Yeah. | 再一个是我不想回来 |
[07:51] | But I have good news which might seem like bad news at first. | 不过我有好消息 虽然一开始听起来像坏的 |
[07:54] | I got to bring these samples in to my parents, | 我去把这些样品给我爸妈看 |
[07:56] | – but then I got to leave again. – What? | -然后我又得走了 -什么 |
[07:57] | Well, yeah, I got a meeting with Lisa McCaffrey | 对 我得跟丽莎·麦卡弗雷开会 |
[07:59] | about a new project. | 谈新项目的事 |
[08:00] | Oh, a new job. | 有新工作了 |
[08:01] | Well, I’ll drink to that. | 值得干一杯 |
[08:03] | Things are turning around for us, Andi. | 我们要东山再起了 安迪 |
[08:05] | Pretty soon, we’ll even be able to spend time | 很快 我们甚至可以在自己家 |
[08:07] | in our own house. Ah. | 自由地待着了 |
[08:10] | We found the perfect job for you, honey. | 我们给你找到了很完美的工作 |
[08:11] | There’s a company that needs a head of international sales. | 有个公司需要国际交易主管 |
[08:16] | And that guy’s gonna need a secretary. | 那个人肯定需要秘书 |
[08:22] | So, Lisa, what, uh, what did you want to talk to us about? | 丽莎 你想找我们谈什么呢 |
[08:25] | Well, gentlemen, I have some very exciting news | 几位先生 我有个很好的消息 |
[08:27] | regarding your employment. | 是关于各位的新工作 |
[08:29] | Employment. I love that word. | 新工作 我喜欢这个词 |
[08:33] | I’m a fan of the word “Gravy.” | 我喜欢”肉汁”这个词 |
[08:34] | I’m really looking forward to saying our favorites. | 我很期待分享自己最喜欢的词 |
[08:38] | I like radicchio. | 我喜欢红菊苣 |
[08:40] | It’s just fun. Radicchio. | 好有意思 红菊苣 |
[08:42] | Radicchio. | 红菊苣 |
[08:43] | Guys, guys, that’s not what we’re doing. | 行了 没人问你们这个 |
[08:47] | Uh, sorry. Go ahead, Lisa. | 抱歉 你继续 丽莎 |
[08:49] | Well, you are my favorite contractors. | 你们是我最喜欢的承包商 |
[08:53] | Uh, this might surprise you, | 也许你们听完会很惊讶 |
[08:54] | but a lot of people find me difficult to work with | 但许多人觉得我很难相处 |
[08:56] | and generally unpleasant. | 让人觉得不舒服 |
[08:58] | – No. – What? | -不可能 -什么 |
[08:59] | I can see it. | 我有同感 |
[09:01] | And I don’t want to lose you in between projects, | 我不希望赶不上你们的档期 |
[09:04] | so I want to buy you out. | 所以想买断你们 |
[09:07] | – Sold! – Yes! | -成交 -好的 |
[09:08] | We are gonna be swimming in gravy. | 我们要在肉汁里游泳啦 |
[09:10] | Wait, wait, wait, wait. W-What does that mean? | 等等 请问是什么意思 |
[09:13] | It means you and Don will be my full-time project managers | 意思就是你和大唐会全职当我的项目经理 |
[09:16] | and I’ll pay you even when you’re not working. | 哪怕没在做项目 我也会给你们工资 |
[09:17] | These are my terms. | 这是我的条件 |
[09:21] | Wow, that’s a nice number. | 这数字可真不小 |
[09:24] | But… o-okay, but I-I need some time to think about this. | 但是 我需要一点时间考虑 |
[09:27] | Oh, take all the time you need. You have 30 seconds. | 你们慢慢考虑 给你们30秒 |
[09:33] | – What do you think? – I think we sell. | -你怎么看 -我觉得应该卖 |
[09:35] | Then there’d be no more Burns Brothers, | 那以后就没有伯恩斯兄弟了 |
[09:37] | but also no more unemployment. | 但也不会再失业了 |
[09:38] | You sold me. Sell. | 说得好 卖吧 |
[09:42] | Yeah, but don’t you like having our own office? | 对 但是有自己的办公室不好吗 |
[09:43] | It’s a crappy trailer. Sell. | 破房车而已 卖吧 |
[09:47] | I do have three kids to put through college. | 我确实要送三个孩子去上大学 |
[09:48] | Maybe she’ll buy them, too. Sell. | 也许她也会买断 卖吧 |
[09:53] | Okay, uh… | 好吧 |
[09:54] | yeah, we’ll, uh, we’ll take the deal. | 好的 我们接受你的提议 |
[09:56] | Oh, hang on. What about Lowell? | 等等 洛厄尔呢 |
[09:57] | What’s a Lowell? | 洛厄尔是什么 |
[09:59] | I’m Lowell. | 我是洛厄尔 |
[10:01] | Oh, I thought you were Chad. Chad’s in the deal. | 我以为你叫查德 查德也在合同里 |
[10:05] | Wow. Chad’s making out pretty good here. | 查德赚得可真不少 |
[10:09] | Holy cow! | 我的老妈 |
[10:10] | Hi, I’m Chad. Chad Radicchio. | 你好 我是查德 查德·红菊苣 |
[10:18] | Kate, ask your grandfather what he thinks | 凯特 问问你爷爷 |
[10:20] | of this paint color for our kitchen. | 我们的厨房漆这个颜色怎么样 |
[10:22] | I believe it’s called Stubborn Old Gray. | 这个颜色应该是叫老顽固灰 |
[10:27] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:29] | Grandpa, what do you think about this one? | 爷爷 你觉得这个颜色怎么样 |
[10:31] | Tell her it’s fine, if she would like to drink coffee | 告诉她 可以 只要她愿意 |
[10:33] | in the ass of a rhino. | 在犀牛屁眼里喝咖啡就行 |
[10:38] | He doesn’t love it. | 他不喜欢 |
[10:40] | Okay, guys, look, the answer is right in front of you, okay? | 好了 其实答案就在眼前了 |
[10:43] | Uh, you go with a simple Shaker cabinet for Joe, | 你为乔选个简单的柜门 |
[10:46] | but you give it some style for Bev | 但你要同意贝弗的时尚感 |
[10:48] | by painting it, uh, Midnight Blue, | 漆这个颜色 午夜蓝 |
[10:50] | and then you tie it all together | 协调这些元素可以用 |
[10:52] | with a clean, white countertop and this, | 一个干净的白色工作台面 |
[10:55] | a mosaic backsplash that has the same gray | 马赛克防溅板 选择 |
[10:57] | as the pillows on your couch. | 和沙发抱枕一样的灰色 |
[10:59] | Wow. | 哇 |
[11:00] | That’s pretty. | 很漂亮啊 |
[11:01] | Yeah, honey, you’ve got talent! | 对 亲爱的 你真有天赋 |
[11:05] | Well, we should’ve been looking for much better jobs for her. | 我们应该帮她找个更好的工作 |
[11:10] | Yeah, Mom, that was incredible. How’d you do that? | 对啊 妈妈 这太棒了 你怎么做到的 |
[11:12] | I-I don’t know. I could just see it. | 我不知道 就是一眼看出来了 |
[11:15] | I guess watching every episode of Fixer Upper finally paid off. | 看来一集不落的看《房间大改造》很有效果 |
[11:19] | Ooh, I should write Chip and Joanna Gaines a letter. | 我应该给齐普和乔安娜写封信 |
[11:22] | Another letter. | 在写封信 |
[11:23] | They-they asked me to stop sending them letters. | 他们让我不要再给他们写信了 |
[11:31] | I had such a great day. | 我今天超开心的 |
[11:32] | Ah. Uh-huh? Okay, I– me, your wife– | 好的 我 你老婆 |
[11:34] | – designed your parents’ whole kitchen. – Wha…? | -给咱爸妈设计了整个厨房 -什么 |
[11:36] | Yeah. Uh, my desire to get rid of them was so strong | 没错 想摆脱他们的欲望过于强烈 |
[11:39] | that it unleashed a superpower in me. | 释放出我体内的超能力了 |
[11:41] | Yeah, like-like, when a mom lifts a car off a baby. | 就像母亲抬起轿车救宝宝 |
[11:45] | That’s fantastic. – Yeah. | 太棒了 |
[11:47] | Well, I have some pretty great news for you, too. | 我也有好消息要告诉你 |
[11:50] | Oh, it’s about your meeting with Lisa? | 是和丽萨开会的事吗 |
[11:52] | What happened | 发生什么了 |
[11:54] | Well, get ready, it’s pretty huge. | 准备好 重磅消息 |
[11:59] | I sold her my business. | 我把公司卖给她了 |
[12:01] | What? | 什么 |
[12:02] | Yeah. I’m gonna work for her full-time. | 我要给她当全职工了 |
[12:05] | No more going from job to job, no more ups and downs. | 不用再到处找活 不会起起落落 |
[12:08] | Everything’s gonna be nice and steady. | 一切都是稳稳的幸福 |
[12:11] | Everybody loves steady. Remember when we went steady? | 大家都爱稳 记得我们稳定下来吗 |
[12:13] | You loved that. | 你很喜欢的 |
[12:15] | Yeah, but, uh, what happens to Burns Brothers Construction? | 那伯恩斯兄弟建筑公司怎么办 |
[12:18] | Why you asking me so many questions? | 你为什么要问我这么多问题 |
[12:20] | I asked you one question. | 我就问了一个问题 |
[12:22] | I mean, you just told me that me company you’ve been | 你刚刚告诉我 你花费了25年建立起的公司 |
[12:25] | building for 25 years is just… is it gonna be gone? | 就这样没了吗 |
[12:29] | Uh, what happened to supporting each other? | 说好的支持彼此呢 |
[12:31] | Huh? You know, everybody else was happy. | 其他人都高兴得不得了 |
[12:33] | You weren’t there. You didn’t see the look on Don | 你当时没在场 你没看到大唐查德 |
[12:35] | and Chad’s faces when they knew they had steady work coming. | 听到自己要有稳定工作时 那副高兴的样子 |
[12:38] | – Who’s Chad? – Chad Radicchio. | -谁是查德 -查德·红菊苣 |
[12:41] | Well, that’s Lowell now. | 洛厄尔现在叫这名 了 |
[12:42] | – See, there’s stuff you don’t know. – Okay | -看 这些事你都不知道 -好的 |
[12:45] | Wait, why are you being so defensive? | 等等 你怎么攻击性这么强 |
[12:47] | D-Defensive? Who’s being defensive? I’m not being defensive. | 攻击性 谁有攻击性了 我才没攻击 |
[12:49] | Look, I did the right thing here, is what I did. Yeah. | 我做了正确的事 我做了 对 |
[12:52] | Yeah, I got a family to support, a brother to think about. | 我还有家要养 有个哥哥要考虑到 |
[12:55] | The company can’t survive on just doing my parents’ kitchen. | 光靠给我爸妈装修厨房是养不活公司的 |
[12:59] | Okay? There wasn’t another way. | 没有别的办法了 |
[13:00] | So let– j-just be happy about this way. | 这样你就高兴吧 |
[13:03] | Okay, okay. I’m happy if you’re happy. | 好的 你高兴我就高兴了 |
[13:07] | Yeah. – | 对 |
[13:08] | Uh, are you happy? | 你高兴吗 |
[13:09] | Yes, very happy! | 高兴 非常高兴 |
[13:11] | ‘Cause it’s the best thing that’s happened to me all year. | 这是今年最让我高兴的事了 |
[13:15] | Hey, w-where you going? | 你要去哪 |
[13:16] | Going outside, t-to chop wood. | 去外面 砍柴 |
[13:19] | ‘Cause that’s what I do when I’m real happy! | 我特别高兴的时候就会去砍柴 |
[13:25] | He’s been out there for an hour. | 他在外面待了一个小时了 |
[13:27] | Only an unhappy man chops wood in May. | 只有不开心的男人才会在五月砍柴 |
[13:31] | Did you cheat on him? | 你是给他戴绿帽了吗 |
[13:33] | No. | 没有 |
[13:35] | Look… he’s selling his company, | 因为他要把他的公司卖了 |
[13:37] | and I-I think I made him feel bad about it. | 我好像让他难过了 |
[13:39] | But I just, I don’t understand why he would do this. | 我只是不懂他为什么这么做 |
[13:41] | Well, you can’t. He’s a man. | 你懂不了 他是男人 |
[13:46] | So, uh, he’s a man, and I’m just a girl, so I can’t understand? | 因为他是男人 我只是个女的 就没办法懂吗 |
[13:52] | Well, before you get on your lady high horse, | 在你高举女权大旗前 |
[13:55] | I’m just saying | 我只是说 |
[13:56] | that it’s a man’s natural instinct | 男人的本能 |
[13:58] | to take care of the people he loves. | 就是照顾自己爱的人 |
[14:00] | Yeah, but he’s obviously miserable. | 可他一脸的痛苦啊 |
[14:03] | Well, that’s what he signed up for when he got married. | 这就是他结婚的代价啊 |
[14:06] | Well, he said this is the only way. | 他说这是唯一的方法 |
[14:08] | Well, somebody should figure out another way and point him to it, | 得有人帮他指出其他方法 |
[14:11] | because he’s in too deep to figure it out for himself. | 他现在陷得太深 自己想不明白的 |
[14:14] | Okay. You got any ideas? | 好 你有主意吗 |
[14:18] | That was my idea. | 这就是我的主意 |
[14:20] | Maybe you could do a little something. | 也许你能帮上忙 |
[14:24] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:25] | I think we’re done. | 我们搞定了 |
[14:26] | Yeah. Looks good. – Mm. | 对 看起来不错 |
[14:28] | Hey, by the way, we got an offer on the trailer. | 对了 有人出价买我们的拖车 |
[14:30] | Our office trailer? | 我们的办公室拖车吗 |
[14:32] | What, you already put that up for sale? | 你要卖了它吗 |
[14:33] | We’re not gonna need it now. | 我们现在不需要它了 |
[14:35] | Unless you want to do my idea, | 除非你要按我的想法 |
[14:36] | and turn it into a tiny casino. | 把它变成小赌场 |
[14:40] | This is all happening really fast. | 这一切发生的太快了 |
[14:42] | I… Are you having any, I don’t know, second thoughts? | 你有没有 再考虑一下呢 |
[14:45] | No, I don’t have those. | 没有 我不会 |
[14:47] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:49] | I guess it’s just hard to believe | 还是很难相信 |
[14:50] | this is our last job as the Burns Brothers, you know? | 这是伯恩斯兄弟建筑公司最后一项工程 |
[14:53] | It’s been a great run. | 合作愉快 |
[14:55] | Yeah. I couldn’t have done it without you. | 没有你 我也做不到 |
[14:58] | Except for the days you went to the dog track | 除了你去看赛狗的那些日子里 |
[14:59] | and I did do it without you. | 没有你我也做到了 |
[15:02] | Thanks for everything, brother. | 谢谢这一切 兄弟 |
[15:04] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[15:06] | All right, all right, I’ll hug you this time, | 好吧 这次我会抱你 |
[15:07] | but let’s not touch middles. | 但我们中间不要碰到 |
[15:09] | Keep Adam Town away from Don Town. | 让小亚当离小唐远点 |
[15:13] | Look at this! | 瞧瞧啊 |
[15:15] | My gosh! | 天啊 |
[15:16] | Oh, boys, I’m thrilled! | 孩子们 我太兴奋了 |
[15:19] | It’s just like I pictured it | 跟我想象中的一模一样 |
[15:21] | way back when I first decided to trick your father. | 当初忽悠你爸之前我就是这么想的 |
[15:26] | Thanks, Ma. | 谢谢 妈妈 |
[15:27] | We do good work. | 我们做得非常好 |
[15:28] | Well, these cabinets are broken; they won’t slam. | 这些柜子坏了 摔不上 |
[15:31] | Well, they’re soft-close. | 这是软关断 |
[15:33] | Soft-close? | 软关断 |
[15:34] | How do you express your mood? | 那还怎么表达情绪 |
[15:36] | I don’t know, learn to play guitar. | 不知道 学学弹吉他 |
[15:39] | Oh, I love it. | 我喜欢 |
[15:41] | Eh? Great job, honey. Yeah. | 做得好 宝贝 |
[15:44] | Hey, listen. I’m sorry about last night. | 听着 昨晚的事要跟你道歉 |
[15:47] | What? That’s okay. Look, honey, | 什么 没关系 宝贝 |
[15:49] | I know you well enough to know that wasn’t about me. | 我很了解你 那一定不是在跟我生气 |
[15:52] | These drawers are quiet, too? | 抽屉也是静音的 |
[15:54] | This is un-American. | 这也太不美国了 |
[15:57] | So? How you doing? | 所以 你怎么样 |
[15:59] | Okay, I guess. | 还行吧 |
[16:01] | We ended Burns Brothers where we started it. | 我们回到伯恩斯兄弟起步的时候 |
[16:03] | In Mom’s kitchen, with Dad walking around muttering. | 在妈妈的厨房里 爸爸走进来开始抱怨 |
[16:08] | Actually, um, speaking of that, | 事实上 说起这件事 |
[16:10] | uh, there’s something that I want to show you and Don. | 我有东西要给你和大唐看 |
[16:13] | Oh, we’re okay. The fridge still slams. | 还可以 冰箱门还可以摔 |
[16:24] | An abandoned house? Why-why would you bring me here? | 废弃的房子 你为什么带我来这 |
[16:27] | I’ve been in this situation with Marcy. | 我和玛茜也有过这个场景 |
[16:29] | She’s about to tell you this is where you’re gonna be living | 她马上就要告诉你 在她冷静下来之前 |
[16:31] | until she cools down. | 你就住在这里 |
[16:33] | Look, honey, if I thought you were happy | 亲爱的 如果我认为你卖掉公司 |
[16:35] | about selling your business, I-I’d stay out of it. | 你是高兴的 我肯定不会管 |
[16:38] | But I know you’re only doing it | 但我知道你这么做 |
[16:40] | because you’re thinking about everybody else before yourself. | 只是因为你把其他人看得比自己更重要 |
[16:42] | But it’s my job to think about you. | 可为你着想 是我的工作 |
[16:46] | That’s way different than anything Marcy ever said to me. | 这和玛茜跟我说过的话太不一样了 |
[16:51] | I can’t let you be this unhappy. | 我不能看你这么不开心 |
[16:52] | I’ll be fine. | 我会没事的 |
[16:54] | Look, honey, I think it’s sweet that you’re worried about me, | 亲爱的 你这么担心我真的很贴心 |
[16:57] | but it doesn’t change our situation. | 可改变不了我们的状况 |
[17:00] | I’m so glad you said that, | 很高兴你这么说 |
[17:01] | because when I practiced this in the shower, | 因为我在洗澡的时候排练这番话时 |
[17:03] | that’s exactly what you said. | 想象中你就是这么说的 |
[17:05] | And I have a solution. | 我有解决办法 |
[17:08] | Okay, instead of waiting for Lisa | 可以不用等丽萨 |
[17:10] | or for somebody else to bring you projects, | 或者其他人给你们项目 |
[17:13] | what if we make our own projects? | 我们自己做项目怎么样 |
[17:15] | Like with Lincoln Logs? | 用林肯积木吗 |
[17:16] | Will you let her talk? | 你能让她说话吗 |
[17:18] | No. What if we buy this place, for next to nothing, | 不 如果我们把这个地方买下来 |
[17:22] | I design it, you guys fix it up | 我来设计 你们翻新 |
[17:24] | and then we flip it for a profit. | 然后卖掉挣钱 |
[17:25] | And then, you know, we keep doing that. | 然后继续这么做 |
[17:29] | I-I know you said that there wasn’t another way, | 你说过没有别的办法了 |
[17:31] | but… I think this could be it. | 但我觉得这是一个办法 |
[17:35] | Then we wouldn’t have to sell our business. | 我们可以不用卖掉自己的公司 |
[17:38] | And we’d be fixer uppers, like Chip and Joanna Gaines. | 我们可以当房屋改造者 就像齐普和乔安娜 |
[17:42] | And Chip’s brother, Don Gaines. | 齐普的哥哥 大唐 |
[17:45] | And this time, | 这一次 |
[17:46] | the Burns Brothers will be making their own work. | 伯恩斯兄弟可以做自己的生意 |
[17:48] | We’d really be our own bosses. | 字我们真正的成为了自己的老板 |
[17:50] | Oh, we could take so much time off. | 我们就可以休很多假期了 |
[17:53] | Welcome to working with Don. | 欢迎你跟大唐一起工作 |
[17:55] | Don’t worry, you won’t see much of me. | 别担心 你不会经常看到我的 |
[17:58] | I mean, this place has potential. | 这里很有潜力的 |
[18:00] | This could work. Yeah. | 也许可行 |
[18:01] | I-If we blow out this wall, | 把这面墙砸掉 |
[18:03] | you know, give it an open floor plan. | 就可以有一个开放式的格局 |
[18:05] | Yeah, or we could blow out that wall, | 或者把那面墙砸掉 |
[18:07] | and then you’d get the light from the backyard. | 就可以从后花园借光了 |
[18:10] | That’s better. I didn’t even think of that. | 那样更好 我都没想到 |
[18:12] | I always have to think of everything. | 通常所有的事都要我来考虑 |
[18:15] | So? Um, are you in? | 所以 你同意吗 |
[18:19] | Hey, okay, look, I know it’s a big risk | 好的 我知道这个风险很大 |
[18:21] | to walk away from steady work, | 要舍弃稳定的工作 |
[18:24] | but I want to go for it. | 但我希望冒这个险 |
[18:25] | Let’s turn down Lisa’s offer. | 让我们拒绝丽萨的提议 |
[18:27] | I’m in. | 我同意 |
[18:29] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[18:30] | This is so exciting. | 这太令人兴奋了 |
[18:31] | Oh, and-and, Don, if it’s weird | 还有 大唐 如果你觉得 |
[18:33] | that Adam and I are working together, | 我和亚当一起工作很奇怪的话 |
[18:35] | I was thinking that we could ask Marcy to dust off | 我们可以让玛茜翻出她封存已久的 |
[18:38] | her old real estate license and she can help sell the houses. | 房产经纪人证 来帮我们卖房子 |
[18:42] | I’m out. | 我不玩了 |
[18:43] | Wha… | 什么 |
[18:44] | Okay, well, sh-she didn’t mean it. | 她不是那个意思 |
[18:48] | I’ll see you at work, Monday. | 我们周一上班再见 |
[18:50] | Be careful with him. He avoids work. | 对他要小心 他会逃避工作 |
[18:52] | You leave the trailer door open, he runs out like a cat. | 如果没把拖车的门关好 他会一溜烟跑出去 |
[18:55] | Got it. | 明白 |
[19:01] | Thanks for this. | 谢谢你 |
[19:02] | For… for all of this. | 所做的这一切 |
[19:08] | Well, you know, it’s great for me, too, right? | 你知道 这对我来说也是好事 |
[19:09] | I mean, I have a new career. | 我有了新的职业 |
[19:11] | Yeah. So we’re working together, huh? | 我们还要一起工作了 |
[19:15] | Like, when I leave in the morning and get to work, | 当我离开家去上班 |
[19:16] | you’ll be there. | 你就在那里 |
[19:18] | No, silly. We’ll drive together. | 别傻了 我们开一辆车去 |
[19:21] | We will. | 对啊 |
[19:23] | Yeah, yeah. And we’ll have lunch together. | 对 还会一起吃午餐 |
[19:25] | And we’ll drive home together. | 一起开车回家 |
[19:27] | Oh, yeah. – And then– oh. | 对 还有 |
[19:28] | You know, when we get home, | 等我们回家的路上 |
[19:30] | we can talk about all the things we did | 开车的时候 吃饭的时候 |
[19:31] | while we were driving and working and eating. | 可以聊我们今天都做了什么 |
[19:38] | Oh, boy, here we go. | 天啊 开始了 |
[19:46] | Okay, your mom and I talked it over, | 我和你们的妈妈都讨论过了 |
[19:48] | and we have decided to partner up. | 我们决定合伙 |
[19:50] | Now, I know it’s a big adjustment, | 我知道这是一个大变化 |
[19:51] | but the cool thing is we’re gonna be doing it together. | 但好处是 我们可以一起工作了 |
[19:55] | What if you guys disagree about something at work? | 万一你们在工作时意见不统一怎么办 |
[19:56] | Does Mom win, like she does at home? | 妈妈会赢吗 就像她在家一样 |
[20:00] | It’s not about winning, Teddy. | 重要的不是谁赢 泰迪 |
[20:02] | As her boss, I will make a fair decision. | 作为她的老板 我要做出合理的决定 |
[20:06] | You’re my boss? | 你是我老板 |
[20:07] | No, no. No. | 不不不 |
[20:09] | No, no, we’re partners. | 我们是搭档 |
[20:10] | Oh, yeah. – | 对 |
[20:12] | Yep, she’s gonna win. | 对 妈妈会赢的 |
[20:15] | This is a terrible idea. | 这个主意糟透了 |
[20:19] | I’m with Chad. | 我同意查德的话 |