时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | That’s so weird. | 太奇怪了 |
[00:05] | I left a fun-size Baby Ruth on the kitchen island | 我把迷你装的花生巧克力棒放到厨房岛台上 |
[00:07] | and now it’s gone. | 失踪了 |
[00:10] | Maybe one of the kids took it. | 可能哪个孩子把它拿走了 |
[00:11] | Yeah, that’s what I would’ve thought | 可能 之前我也这么想的 |
[00:13] | except I saw you take it. | 只不过我是看到你把它拿走的 |
[00:16] | You didn’t let me finish. | 你打断我的话了 |
[00:18] | I was gonna say “Maybe one of the kids took it” | 我是想说 可能哪个孩子把它拿走了 |
[00:20] | is one theory that would later be proven false. | 这个说法肯定会被证明是假的 |
[00:25] | You know, if you keep telling little lies, | 要是你总说谎 |
[00:27] | I won’t believe you when you tell the truth. | 等你说真话的时候 我也不会信了 |
[00:30] | Why does that sound so familiar? | 为什么听起来这么耳熟 |
[00:33] | Wait a minute, that’s the same speech | 等一下 昨晚你对泰迪 |
[00:34] | you gave to Teddy last night. | 说过一模一样的话 |
[00:36] | Yes, it’s The Boy Who Cried Wolf. | 没错 来自《狼来了》的故事 |
[00:39] | Oh. So, I’m the sexy wolf. | 所以我是性感野狼 |
[00:42] | No. Hmm? | 不是 |
[00:45] | You’re the boy who gets eaten | 你是被狼吃掉的男孩 |
[00:46] | because the villagers don’t believe him | 因为村民们不再相信你的话 |
[00:47] | when the wolf shows up. | 结果狼真的来了 |
[00:50] | Oh, come on, it was a candy bar. | 拜托 只是一块巧克力 |
[00:51] | If it was something important, people would believe me. | 如果是重要的事 大家会相信我的 |
[00:54] | I have a face you believe. | 我有一张让人信任的脸 |
[00:56] | That’s why I lie so good. | 所以我撒谎这么厉害 |
[00:58] | You know, I told Teddy that story | 我给泰迪讲这个故事 |
[01:00] | because he tells fibs, too. | 就是因为他也撒谎 |
[01:02] | And it just, it made me think that | 会让我觉得 |
[01:03] | maybe we’re not setting the best example. | 也许因为我们没有当个好榜样 |
[01:06] | And when I say “We,” I mean you. | 我说的”我们”是指你 |
[01:10] | Well, now I feel bad. | 现在我觉得自己做错了 |
[01:13] | And when I say “I,” I mean you made me feel bad. | 我说的”我”是指你让我觉得自己错了 |
[01:17] | Okay, fine. I promise. | 好吧 我保证 |
[01:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[01:21] | Except for any little fibs I’m currently in the middle of, | 目前还没揭穿的谎言除外 |
[01:25] | those are grandfathered in. | 那些是例外 |
[01:28] | No, they’re not. | 不行 |
[01:31] | Well, in that case, um… | 既然这样 |
[01:34] | Teddy quit soccer a month ago. | 泰迪一个月前退出足球队了 |
[01:36] | We’ve just been going to Froyo. | 训练时间我们去吃冻酸奶了 |
[01:43] | If your mother asks, I was with you all night. | 你妈问你 就说昨晚我一直在这儿 |
[01:49] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[01:51] | Nope. | 不行 |
[01:52] | Not happening. | 不可能 |
[01:53] | You are not going to school wearing those. | 你不能穿这身去学校 |
[01:56] | Why not? | 为什么不能 |
[01:57] | Because we came to this country as Pilgrims | 因为我们的祖先当年作为清教徒来到这里 |
[01:58] | and ever since then, it’s been one long striptease | 从那以后有漫长的脱衣史 |
[02:01] | and it stops now. | 但必须到此为止 |
[02:06] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[02:09] | Adam, where’s your father? | 亚当 你爸在哪 |
[02:12] | I-I woke up to a message saying he was here | 我醒了接到你爸的信息 |
[02:15] | and ended up staying over. What happened? | 说他昨晚在这睡了 怎么回事 |
[02:17] | That is a great question. | 真是一个好问题 |
[02:20] | You don’t know. I know. | 你不知道 我知道 |
[02:22] | But I haven’t told you. | 但我还没告诉你 |
[02:23] | That’s what we’re all waiting for, right? | 我们都在等答案 对不对 |
[02:27] | Oh, there’s my girl. | 我亲爱的在这儿啊 |
[02:29] | Are-are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[02:30] | Yeah, I-I just got a little sick last night. | 没事 昨天晚上有些恶心而已 |
[02:33] | – From what? – Andi’s lasagna. | -为什么 -安迪的千层面 |
[02:35] | Oh. How many times do I have to tell you? | 我告诉你多少遍了 |
[02:37] | Eat before you come over here. | 来这里之前先吃饭 |
[02:40] | Well, thanks for letting him stay. | 谢谢你让他住这 |
[02:43] | Yeah, no problem. | 没事 |
[02:44] | It’s like he was never even here. | 仿佛他从来没来过一样 |
[02:52] | Still no. | 还是不行 |
[03:03] | This stuff with your dad sounds pretty shady. | 你爸那事感觉挺可疑 |
[03:06] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:07] | What’s with the clogs, Lowell? | 你为什么穿木屐 洛厄尔 |
[03:09] | Did you lose a bet? | 打赌输了吗 |
[03:12] | No, I won great arch support. | 不是 是我得到了良好的足弓支撑 |
[03:15] | You know, I hate to say it, | 虽然我不想说 |
[03:17] | but this reminds me of when my ex was cheating on me. | 但这让我想起了前妻出轨的时候 |
[03:19] | Except with less of me screaming “Why” Into a pillow. | 只是少了我对着枕头疯狂尖叫 |
[03:24] | My dad is not having an affair, Lowell. | 我爸没出轨 洛厄尔 |
[03:26] | He’s 80 years old. | 他都八十了 |
[03:27] | With all the pills they have these days, | 就他们现在天天吃那么多药 |
[03:29] | old age is an endless sex party. | 老年生活就是没完没了的性爱派对 |
[03:31] | And they’re into some kinky stuff. | 而且他们玩得那才叫一个野 |
[03:32] | That’s why they have handles in the showers. | 所以才在浴室里按扶手 |
[03:36] | You need to stay off the Internet. | 你应该少上网上冲浪了 |
[03:38] | I’m getting to the bottom of this. | 我要去问个明白 |
[03:44] | What? | 啥事 |
[03:46] | Is that how you answer your phone? | 你就是这么接电话吗 |
[03:47] | Is that how you talk to the guy | 你和准备挂你电话的人 |
[03:49] | who’s about to hang up on you? | 就是这么说话吗 |
[03:51] | What was going on this morning? | 今天早上是怎么回事 |
[03:53] | Here’s some joe for my Joe. | 给我的甜甜来点甜咖啡 |
[03:56] | Thank you, sweetheart. | 谢谢 亲爱的 |
[03:58] | I can’t talk. | 现在不方便说话 |
[03:59] | Meet me at Mick’s for lunch. | 我们午饭时间麦克饭店见 |
[04:03] | That’s weird. | 好奇怪 |
[04:04] | He didn’t want to say anything in front of my mom. | 他在我妈身边不敢说 |
[04:08] | Hmm. What secret would he want to keep from his wife? | 他有什么秘密是不敢告诉他妻子的呢 |
[04:12] | Not everything’s an affair, Lowell. | 不都是外遇 洛厄尔 |
[04:13] | Well, I hope you’re right. | 希望你是对的 |
[04:15] | But I bet your new mom will agree with me. | 不过你的新妈妈肯定会同意我的说法 |
[04:22] | All right. | 好的 |
[04:23] | Lowell. | 洛厄尔 |
[04:25] | I think you accidentally bought some women’s shoes. | 你好像不小心买到女人鞋了 |
[04:29] | Dad, will you just tell me what’s going on? | 爸 能告诉我是怎么回事了吗 |
[04:31] | Not in front of the dame. | 贵妇面前不方便说 |
[04:35] | Okay. But just so you know, in ancient Holland, | 好的 但我要告诉你们 |
[04:38] | these were worn by kings. | 过去荷兰的国王穿这种鞋 |
[04:44] | All right. | 好吧 |
[04:46] | I had my physical and I need a pacemaker. | 我去看医生了 需要装个心脏起搏器 |
[04:50] | What? | 什么 |
[04:51] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[04:52] | Yeah, I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[04:53] | Just a small heart flutter. | 小小的心跳干扰而已 |
[04:55] | – Heart flutter? – Mm. And last night, | -心跳干扰 -昨晚我去了医院 |
[04:57] | I had to stay at the hospital for some pre-op tests. | 必须住在那里做一些术前检查 |
[05:00] | So that’s where you were. | 原来你去了医院 |
[05:02] | But I don’t get it, why are you keeping it from Mom? | 可为什么不能告诉妈妈 |
[05:03] | Well, she worries too much. | 她太爱担心了 |
[05:05] | I’ll tell her after it’s done. | 等手术做完再告诉他 |
[05:07] | I just, I hate to see my bride upset. | 我不希望我的媳妇担心 |
[05:10] | You do? | 是吗 |
[05:11] | When did that start? | 这是从什么时候开始有的习惯 |
[05:13] | I need you to drive me | 明天你要送我 |
[05:14] | to the hospital tomorrow for the procedure | 去医院做手术 |
[05:16] | and then pick me up the next day. | 第二天来接我 |
[05:18] | Of course, of course. | 没问题没问题 |
[05:19] | But I’m not gonna leave you there by yourself. | 但我不希望你自己在那 |
[05:22] | I’ll just tell Andi I’m staying the night with you. | 我跟安迪说去陪你一夜 |
[05:23] | I don’t want you to be alone. | 我不想你自己住院 |
[05:24] | No, no, you can’t tell Andi. | 别 别告诉安迪 |
[05:26] | Why not? Well, it’s too risky. | 为什么 太危险了 |
[05:28] | She’ll tell your mom. | 她会告诉你妈妈的 |
[05:30] | But I’m in the middle of a whole thing with Andi about lying. | 但我答应安迪不能说谎了 |
[05:33] | She’s come out strongly against it. | 她十分坚决地反对 |
[05:37] | I can’t do it, Dad. I’m sorry. | 我不能去了 爸爸 抱歉 |
[05:39] | All right. | 好吧 |
[05:41] | I’ll ask your brother. | 我问问你哥哥 |
[05:42] | Don probably loves me. | 也许大唐爱我 |
[05:45] | Why do you always have to go nuclear? | 你怎么总扎心窝子 |
[05:47] | Because it works. | 因为有用 |
[05:50] | So, I can’t lie to Andi, | 我不能跟安迪撒谎 |
[05:52] | but I have to lie to Andi. | 但我必须跟安迪撒谎 |
[05:53] | It’s okay to bend the truth with your wife now and again. | 时不时跟妻子撒些小谎没关系的 |
[05:56] | That’s what I think. | 我就是这么想的 |
[05:58] | Marriage is a marathon, and the lies are the bananas | 婚姻是场马拉松 那些谎言就是途中 |
[06:02] | they give you every couple of miles. | 隔几公里发给你的那些香蕉 |
[06:04] | Without them, you’d never make it to the finish line. | 没有它们 是撑不到终点线的 |
[06:07] | I just came very close to hugging you. | 我差一点就要拥抱你了 |
[06:11] | All right, I’ll do it. | 好吧 我陪你 |
[06:12] | Because it’s you and me, together, without Don, | 你和我一起 不带大唐 |
[06:14] | doing stuff without Don. | 做些事情 不带大唐 |
[06:16] | Good boy. But, hey, hey… | 好孩子 但是 |
[06:18] | Andi can’t know. All right? | 不能让安迪知道 明白吗 |
[06:19] | So we need to come up with a good story | 那我们需要编一个好故事 |
[06:21] | to explain why I’m gone all night. | 解释我晚上不能回家 |
[06:22] | Don’t worry about it. | 别担心 |
[06:24] | I’ve got a guy. | 我有帮手 |
[06:27] | Marcy is your guy? | 你的帮手是玛茜 |
[06:28] | She came up with that dynamite lasagna story. | 生动的千层面故事就是她的杰作 |
[06:32] | It’s well-known that Andi makes a weak lasagna. | 安迪的千层面做得不好众人皆知 |
[06:34] | The best lies are perfectly seasoned with the truth. | 最好的谎言是用事实调味的 |
[06:37] | My guy’s good. | 我的帮手厉害吧 |
[06:40] | Marcy’s Andi’s best friend. | 玛茜是安迪的闺蜜 |
[06:41] | She’s gonna tell her everything. | 她们什么都说 |
[06:43] | No. Normally, I’m on team Andi, but this is for Joe. | 不 通常我和安迪是一伙的 但这是为了乔 |
[06:46] | The man who protects me from my greatest enemy… | 这个男人保护我不受死敌的迫害 |
[06:49] | his lovely wife, Bev. | 死敌就是他可爱的妻子贝芙 |
[06:51] | If he hadn’t convinced her that I was right for Don, | 要不是他说服贝芙 我适合大唐 |
[06:53] | I’d still be single and picking up random… | 那我现在肯定还单身 随意约… |
[06:55] | You know what, that’s in the past. | 那都是过去的事了 |
[06:57] | The point is… | 重点是 |
[06:59] | I won’t tell Andi. | 我不会告诉安迪 |
[07:02] | You and Dad are friends? | 你和老爸是朋友 |
[07:04] | How long has this unholy alliance been going on? | 这个邪恶的组合是什么时候开始的 |
[07:07] | We have been secretly running this family for decades. | 我们秘密操控这个家已经数十年了 |
[07:10] | It’s a shadow government. | 影子政府 |
[07:12] | So… you both need an excuse | 你们两个都需要 |
[07:14] | to be out of the house tomorrow night. | 明晚不在家的借口 |
[07:16] | I saw something that might help | 我在剪大唐的报纸时 |
[07:17] | while I was cutting up Don’s newspaper. | 我看到些东西 也许可以帮上忙 |
[07:20] | Every day I do that to keep him | 我每天把报纸剪好 |
[07:22] | from being tempted by bad ideas. | 省得他看到 生出一些奇怪的念头 |
[07:26] | It’s like North Korea over here. | 简直一个朝鲜现状 |
[07:28] | Oh, like this. | 就像这条 |
[07:29] | “Free owl to a good home.” No. | 免费猫头鹰求好人家领养 不行 |
[07:32] | I won’t sit across the dinner table from Don and his owl. | 我无法忍受跟大唐和猫头鹰坐一桌 |
[07:36] | Oh, here we are. | 找到了 |
[07:39] | “Fishing store grand opening.” | 渔具店新开业 |
[07:42] | That’s not bad. | 这个不错 |
[07:44] | But it’s not just what you say, it’s how you say it. | 重点不是你说什么 而是你怎么说 |
[07:46] | The… the reason you get caught a lot is because | 你们说谎总被看穿的原因 |
[07:48] | your lies are obvious and lack finesse. | 是你们编的故事缺乏策略 |
[07:51] | I got this. | 我可以的 |
[07:53] | Finesse is my middle name. | 策略是我的中间名 |
[07:55] | And my shampoo. | 也是我的洗发水的名字 |
[08:00] | You ready? Don’t worry, I got a plan. | 准备好了吗 别担心 我有计划 |
[08:03] | I’m gonna pretend to be nervous and get caught lying | 我要假装紧张 被安迪看穿 |
[08:05] | so that Andi’ll believe the real lie. | 她就会相信我真正要说的谎了 |
[08:07] | See, most people when they get caught, | 大部分人说谎被拆穿的时候 |
[08:09] | they admit the truth… | 会把真相说出来 |
[08:10] | Just do it, I’ve got a heart flutter. | 赶紧说吧 我有心跳干扰 |
[08:14] | – Hi, guys. – Hey, Andi! | -好呀 -安迪呀 |
[08:16] | I mean, hey… Andrew. | 我是说 你好 安德鲁 |
[08:19] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[08:20] | Nothing, nothing, nothing. | 没事 没事 没事 |
[08:24] | It-it was just, uh, Dad and I wanted to, um… | 就是 爸爸和我想去 |
[08:30] | uh… Is it hot in here? | 家里是不是太热了 |
[08:32] | Wait, before you go on, | 在你说下去之前我要说 |
[08:34] | I can tell that you’re about to lie | 看得出来你要撒谎了 |
[08:35] | and I just want to remind you that you made a promise. | 我只想提醒你 你保证过了 |
[08:40] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[08:41] | You caught me. | 被你抓到了 |
[08:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:45] | Um… here’s the truth. | 事实是这样的 |
[08:47] | There’s a, there’s a grand opening at this fishing store | 这家渔具店要开业了 |
[08:50] | and the first ten customers get lots of free stuff. | 第一个顾客能领到很多免费的东西 |
[08:53] | So, Dad and I wanted to camp outside | 我和老爸今天晚上 |
[08:55] | on the sidewalk tonight | 想去店门口扎营等着 |
[08:56] | so that we can be first in line tomorrow. | 这样明天我们可以第一个进店 |
[08:59] | See? Doesn’t the truth feel better? | 看 说实话的感觉是不是好多了 |
[09:01] | So much better. Yeah, you know, | 好太多了 没错 |
[09:02] | it really will set you free. Yeah. | 真的可以让我轻松不少 |
[09:06] | Well, I am happy to handle the kids tonight. | 我很乐意晚上照顾孩子们 |
[09:08] | Okay, great. | 好的 太棒了 |
[09:10] | So, uh, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow morning. | 那我们就明早见了 |
[09:14] | You guys have fun. | 你们玩得开心哦 |
[09:15] | I’m headed over to your mom’s. | 我去我妈妈家 |
[09:17] | She asked me to bring over my lasagna. | 她让我送些我做的千层面 |
[09:20] | Maybe today’s the day that she’ll admit mine’s better. | 也许今天她会承认我做得比他好 |
[09:23] | Maybe. | 有可能 |
[09:27] | Let’s go get you a pacemaker. | 我们去给你装个心脏起搏器吧 |
[09:30] | See what I did there? I am one silver-tongued devil. | 看到我刚刚多牛了吗 我真是个银舌恶魔 |
[09:32] | Yeah, just run the bases, don’t stand there | 对 你刚才只跑了垒 别傻站着 |
[09:34] | and watch the ball leave the park. | 看球飞出球场 |
[09:42] | This tiny juice makes me feel like a giant. | 这个可爱小果汁让我感觉自己是个巨人 |
[09:49] | How was the surgery? | 手术怎么样 |
[09:50] | I feel groovy. | 真带劲 |
[09:53] | And they give you unlimited juice. | 他们还给我提供无限量的果汁 |
[09:55] | Oh, he’s got a lot more than juice | 他的身体里现在流动的 |
[09:56] | running through his system right now. | 应该都是果汁 |
[09:58] | You’re funny, son. | 你真幽默 孩子 |
[10:00] | And I like your new hairdo, Andi. | 我喜欢你的新发型 安迪 |
[10:04] | We should’ve gotten him on this stuff years ago. | 我们早几年就应该给他用上这东西了 |
[10:09] | Okay, now we need to focus on finishing this thing | 现在 我们得想一想怎么收尾 |
[10:12] | without me getting caught. | 才不会让我被抓到 |
[10:18] | This is the most critical part of the mission: re-entry. | 这个任务最重要的部分来了 回家 |
[10:21] | Okay? The hard part’s not going to the Moon, | 最难的部分不是去月球 |
[10:23] | it’s getting home. | 而是回家 |
[10:25] | I don’t think that’s true. | 感觉这句话有问题 |
[10:27] | Don’t question me about space, Marcy. I’m an expert. | 别质疑我对宇宙的了解 玛茜 我是专家 |
[10:30] | I once had a beer with Ned Armstrong. | 我跟尼德·阿姆斯特朗吃过饭 |
[10:32] | You mean Neil? | 你是说尼尔吧 |
[10:33] | No, Ned. Neil’s cousin. Uh-huh. | 不尼德·阿姆斯特朗 尼尔的表亲 |
[10:35] | He told me everything, including the fact | 他什么都跟我说了 包括了 |
[10:36] | that Neil said, and I quote: | 以下是尼尔的原话 |
[10:39] | “I’m just worried about getting home.” | “我很担心如何回家” |
[10:42] | I wouldn’t tell that story again. | 建议你不要再讲这故事了 |
[10:44] | The point is, Andi cannot catch me lying to her. | 重点是 不能让安迪发现我骗了她 |
[10:48] | I promised. Yes, I immediately broke that promise, | 我保证过 虽然我立刻就食言了 |
[10:51] | but I would like to do the right thing, | 但是我希望做正确的选择 |
[10:52] | – and make her think I kept it. – Okay. | -让她觉得我遵守了诺言 -好 |
[10:55] | Trust the lie, Adam. | 对谎言有点信心 亚当 |
[10:56] | Okay? I’m off to babysit your mom | 好吗 我准备去看着你妈妈 |
[10:58] | and keep her distracted. | 转移她注意力 |
[10:59] | What? She’s not gonna want to hang out with you. | 什么 她肯定不想跟你待着 |
[11:01] | She doesn’t like you. | 她不喜欢你 |
[11:02] | I’m gonna use that. | 我可以利用这一点 |
[11:03] | I’ll let her talk about her favorite subject. | 我会让她聊她最喜欢的话题 |
[11:05] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[11:07] | I had the night free, | 我今晚刚好有空 |
[11:07] | and I thought you’d like to tell me all the ways | 就想过来听你讲讲 |
[11:09] | I could be a better daughter-in-law, wife, | 我如何成为一个更好的儿媳妇 妻子 |
[11:11] | and human being. | 做更好的人 |
[11:13] | This is so exciting! Come on in! | 真令人兴奋 快进来吧 |
[11:17] | We’ll start with unannounced visits. | 我们先说说不请自来的事情 |
[11:21] | Dad said no, but I think they look fine. | 爸爸说不行 但我觉得挺好啊 |
[11:23] | Those shorts are what people put on | 这短裤是正常人穿短裤之前 |
[11:25] | before they put their shorts on. | 会先穿的那种短裤 |
[11:28] | You know, my friend’s parents have already given up. | 我朋友的父母已经放弃了 |
[11:30] | Try that. | 你也可以试试看 |
[11:32] | Hey, everybody. Oh, I’ll come back | 大家好 我一会再来 |
[11:33] | when Kate’s finished getting dressed. | 等凯特把衣服穿好 |
[11:35] | No-no-no-no-no-no. | 不用不用 |
[11:36] | This is why I wanted you to come over. | 我就是想叫你来说这个 |
[11:37] | They’re too short, right? | 这裤子太短了吧 |
[11:39] | You’re gonna take fashion advice from a man in clogs? | 你要让一个穿木屐的男人给你提时尚建议吗 |
[11:42] | These are the best-looking shoes money can buy. | 这可是钱能买到的最好看鞋子 |
[11:45] | At a doctor’s office. | 虽然是在医生办公室买的 |
[11:49] | It’s a hard “No” on the outfit. | 这衣服绝对不行 |
[11:52] | Can my Build-A-Bear have his shorts back? | 能把短裤还给我的小玩具熊吗 |
[11:55] | Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[11:58] | Where’s Adam? | 亚当呢 |
[11:59] | Oh, he and Joe are camped out | 他和乔打算夜宿在 |
[12:01] | at some new fishing store all night. | 一家新开的渔具店 |
[12:03] | He didn’t tell you about that? | 他没跟你说吗 |
[12:06] | Right, right. The fishing store. | 对 对 渔具店 |
[12:09] | – He told me they were going to buy… – Win. | -他跟我说打算去买… -免费拿 |
[12:12] | Win… | 免费拿 |
[12:15] | …some fish. | 一些鱼 |
[12:18] | – I should go. – Hold on. | -我先走了 -等等 |
[12:20] | What are you covering up? | 你在掩饰什么 |
[12:21] | I don’t know. I don’t know enough to cover anything up. | 我不知道 我知道的信息不够掩饰 |
[12:24] | Yeah, but you know something. | 但是你知道些什么 |
[12:26] | Spill it, Dutch boy. | 快说 荷兰佬 |
[12:29] | All I know is Joe lied about where he was the other night, | 我只知道乔隐瞒了他昨晚的行踪 |
[12:31] | and Adam’s helping him. | 而亚当在帮他 |
[12:32] | But I wasn’t allowed to hear the rest | 但是我没听到后续内容 |
[12:34] | because Joe is shoe-intolerant. | 因为乔受不了我的鞋 |
[12:36] | Unbelievable! | 怎么能这样 |
[12:38] | You know, Adam promised me no more lying. | 亚当之前还跟我保证绝对不骗人了 |
[12:40] | I mean, is he even at the fish store? | 他到底去没去渔具店 |
[12:41] | I mean, I can’t trust a word that man says, Lowell! | 他说的话我简直一个字都不能信 洛厄尔 |
[12:44] | Face it. We’re just a couple of dames | 承认吧 我们就是两位 |
[12:47] | on the outside looking in. | 站在门外往里看的贵妇 |
[12:50] | – Hurry up, Lowell. – I-I’ll be right there. | -快点 洛厄尔 -我马上到 |
[12:52] | I’ve got a rock in my clog. | 我木屐里进石子了 |
[12:56] | If I drink enough free juice, I’ll make money on this deal. | 只要我喝的免费果汁足够多 这次手术我还赚了 |
[13:00] | Slow down. | 悠着点 |
[13:00] | You sneezed earlier, and the whole room | 你之前打了个喷嚏 结果整个房间 |
[13:02] | smelled like pineapple. | 都一股菠萝味 |
[13:06] | Hello? | 喂 |
[13:07] | Adam? It’s Lowell. I did a bad thing. | 亚当 是洛厄尔 我错了 |
[13:09] | – Wear whatever shoes you want, goodbye. – Wait! | -你想穿啥鞋就穿啥鞋吧 再见 -等等 |
[13:11] | I may have accidentally implied to Andi | 我好像不小心暗示了安迪 |
[13:13] | that you weren’t at the fishing store. | 你没有去渔具店 |
[13:14] | She thinks you’re lying again, and we’re going | 她觉得你又骗她 我们正在去老唐家的路上 |
[13:16] | to Don’s to see if he knows what’s going on. | 打算去看看他是否知道情况 |
[13:18] | But I didn’t tell him what’s going on. | 但是我没跟他说什么情况 |
[13:20] | I-I mean, nothing’s going on! | 不是 本来也没有情况 |
[13:21] | I mean… wrong number. | 不是 你打错了 |
[13:24] | – Adam? – Lowell! | -亚当 -洛厄尔 |
[13:26] | Cheese and crackers. | 这下麻烦了 |
[13:29] | Things are starting to heat up, Dad. | 情况有点烫手了 爸 |
[13:30] | Well, cool off with some juice. | 那你喝点果汁冷却一下 |
[13:34] | Your man works hard. Mm. | 你家男人工作很辛苦 |
[13:35] | It wouldn’t kill you to put on some pantyhose. | 穿个丝袜也没什么吧 |
[13:42] | Hey, what’s up? | 怎么了 |
[13:43] | Andi’s onto us. You have to come to the hospital | 安迪盯上我们了 你得来医院 |
[13:45] | and stay with Dad while I go put out this fire. | 陪爸爸待一晚 我去灭火 |
[13:47] | I’m on it. You know what, Bev? | 这就来 这样吧 贝芙 |
[13:49] | It is getting late. | 时间也不早了 |
[13:51] | I’d better hurry and buy those teeth-whitening strips | 我先赶紧去买你刚才说到的 |
[13:53] | you mentioned. | 美白牙贴 |
[13:54] | Think about a hat | 要是你不打算 |
[13:56] | if you’re not gonna do anything with your hair. | 改改你那个发型 就买个帽子吧 |
[14:02] | This is so great. | 太好了 |
[14:03] | The doctor said you’re doing so well, | 医生说你状态很好 |
[14:05] | you get to go home early. | 可以提前回家了 |
[14:06] | What about Adam? | 那亚当怎么办 |
[14:07] | His cover’s blown, save yourself. | 他已经暴露了 你先自保吧 |
[14:09] | Good thinking. That’s why we run this family. | 好主意 怪不得这个家由我们做主 |
[14:18] | Thank God you showed up. | 谢天谢地你们来了 |
[14:20] | There’s nothing going on in this town. | 最近简直没有任何新鲜事 |
[14:23] | Adam told me that he and Joe | 亚当跟我说他和乔 |
[14:24] | were going to the grand opening | 今天打算去看一家 |
[14:25] | of some new fishing store. | 新开业的渔具店 |
[14:26] | But we went by, and they weren’t there. | 可是我们过去了 他们根本不在 |
[14:28] | Grand opening? You’d think something like that | 新开业 这么大的事情 |
[14:30] | would be in the paper. | 怎么报纸都上没有 |
[14:32] | Don, Adam and Joe are up to something. | 老唐 亚当和乔在密谋着什么 |
[14:34] | I want to know where they are | 我想知道他们在哪里 |
[14:35] | and why Adam’s lying about it. | 为什么亚当要撒谎 |
[14:38] | I’m sure it’s nothing. | 肯定没什么大事 |
[14:39] | Probably just an affair. | 估计就是外遇吧 |
[14:42] | He takes his dad with him to have an affair? | 他会带自己老爸一起去搞外遇吗 |
[14:44] | Maybe Dad’s got a gal, too. | 也许老爸也找了一个 |
[14:46] | You know, one of those mother-daughter things. | 就是那种母女组合什么的 |
[14:49] | Ah, look who’s here. | 瞧瞧谁来了 |
[14:51] | How was the fishing store? | 渔具店好玩吗 |
[14:53] | I know where you’re going with this… | 我知道你想说什么 |
[14:54] | How do you know where I’m going with this? | 你怎么知道我想说什么 |
[14:56] | – Lowell called me. – Lowell! | -洛厄尔给我打电话了 -洛厄尔 |
[14:58] | I’m not sorry. He’s my hero. | 我不道歉 他是我的英雄 |
[15:01] | You caught me not being entirely honest with you, | 我没有完全坦诚 被你发现了 |
[15:03] | but on the way here, | 但是在来的路上 |
[15:04] | I realized I can tell you everything, | 我意识到我可以对你说实话了 |
[15:06] | because the thing I couldn’t tell you is over. | 因为我不能告诉你的事已经结束了 |
[15:09] | And when you hear this, | 等你听到真相的时候 |
[15:10] | I think you are gonna be touched, and proud, | 你肯定会很感动 很自豪 |
[15:13] | and a little sorry– | 甚至有些自责… |
[15:14] | You know what? I’ll just tell you. | 算了 我直接告诉你吧 |
[15:16] | I can’t wait to finally hear the truth. | 我简直等不及要听真相了 |
[15:18] | My dad got a pacemaker today. | 我爸今天去装了心脏起搏器 |
[15:20] | He’s fine. | 他没事 |
[15:21] | But he didn’t want anyone else to know, especially Don. | 但他不希望任何人知道 尤其是老唐 |
[15:26] | So I lied. | 所以我撒了谎 |
[15:27] | But only for the love of my father. | 但只是因为我爱我的爸爸 |
[15:29] | So… | 所以 |
[15:30] | to recap? | 概括一下 |
[15:31] | Dad, pacemaker, a son’s love. | 爸爸 起搏器 孝顺儿子 |
[15:36] | – Come on. – Please. | -别闹了 -开什么玩笑 |
[15:38] | What? | 怎么 |
[15:38] | This is a new low. | 你真是刷新下限 |
[15:40] | Dad would never get a pacemaker and not tell me. | 爸爸去装起搏器 怎么可能不告诉我 |
[15:42] | He’s my best friend. | 他可是我最好的朋友 |
[15:44] | You don’t believe me? | 你不信我吗 |
[15:46] | I don’t know what to believe anymore, Adam. | 我不知道该信什么了 亚当 |
[15:48] | This is so sad. | 太可悲了 |
[15:49] | You’re my new hero, Andi. | 你才是我的英雄 安迪 |
[15:51] | What? No! | 什么 不要 |
[15:52] | But this is a hundred percent true! | 我说的百分百是真话 |
[15:55] | Come to the hospital, I’ll prove it. | 跟我来医院 我能证明 |
[15:57] | Prepare to apologize. | 准备道歉吧 |
[16:06] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[16:10] | Dad. | 爸 |
[16:11] | I need you to tell Andi the truth | 你得跟安迪说实话 |
[16:13] | about where we were tonight. | 咱们昨天晚上到底去哪了 |
[16:14] | Okay. | 好 |
[16:16] | I went to the fishing store, you weren’t there, | 我去了渔具店 你不在 |
[16:18] | so I felt betrayed and came home. | 我觉得很受伤 就回家了 |
[16:21] | That’s not true. | 不是的 |
[16:22] | I know the truth. Mom, Dad and Adam are having an affair | 我知道真相 妈 爸爸和亚当在搞外遇 |
[16:25] | with a mother-daughter team. | 对象是一个母女组合 |
[16:27] | What’s happening? | 怎么回事 |
[16:29] | Don’t ask. He’s got a theory. | 别问 他编了一套故事 |
[16:30] | Oh, no. No, I’m right. | 不 我说得对 |
[16:31] | There are tons of mini-documentaries about it | 网上有好多迷你纪录片 |
[16:33] | on the Internet. | 都是讲这个的 |
[16:35] | Andi, honey, you have to believe me. | 安迪 亲爱的 你必须相信我 |
[16:37] | But nobody believes you. | 但是没人相信你 |
[16:41] | Marcy does. | 玛茜相信 |
[16:42] | She masterminded the whole plan | 整个计划就是她想的 |
[16:44] | to keep it a secret from you. | 为了瞒着你 |
[16:45] | Right, Marcy? | 是吧 玛茜 |
[16:46] | What? Why would I keep a secret from Andi? | 什么 我为什么要瞒着安迪 |
[16:48] | Because of the shadow government. | 因为影子政府 |
[16:51] | Are you on drugs? | 你是嗑药了吗 |
[16:54] | This is crazy. I’m telling the truth, | 太荒唐了 我明明在说实话 |
[16:56] | and nobody believes me. Huh. | 结果没人信我 |
[16:59] | That doesn’t feel great, does it? | 是不是感觉不太好 |
[17:01] | Why are you using your | 你为什么要用一副 |
[17:03] | “I’m about to teach you a lesson” Voice? | “我即将给你讲道理”的语气 |
[17:05] | Because I’ve known about the pacemaker all day. | 因为我一直知道起搏器的事 |
[17:07] | – What? – Yeah. It’s a good thing you’re not wearing a hat, | -什么 -幸亏你现在没戴帽子 |
[17:09] | ’cause your mind just got blown. | 因为你脑袋都被惊炸了 |
[17:12] | – You knew? – Mm-hmm. | -你一直知道 -嗯哼 |
[17:14] | And you let me lie to you while you were lying to me? | 你先瞒着我 然后再让我瞒你 |
[17:16] | That is something I would do! | 这是我会做的事啊 |
[17:19] | Wait. It’s true? Daddy? | 等等 真的吗 爸爸 |
[17:24] | I didn’t want anyone to know. | 我不希望任何人知道 |
[17:26] | Especially my bride. | 尤其是我老婆 |
[17:28] | – I didn’t want you to worry. – Oh… honey, | -我不想让你担心 -亲爱的 |
[17:30] | it was so sweet of you to think of me. | 你这么为我考虑真是很贴心 |
[17:33] | This is how your man treats you when you wear pantyhose. | 你穿丝袜之后 你男人就会这样对你好 |
[17:37] | You hear that, Don? | 听见了吗 老唐 |
[17:38] | I’m gonna start dressing like your mom. | 以后我要走你妈妈的穿衣风格了 |
[17:40] | Enjoy. | 祝你幸福 |
[17:43] | I can work with that. | 我可以试试看 |
[17:45] | Uh, wait– Hold on. | 等等 等等 |
[17:47] | So, Don and Lowell were in on it, too? | 老唐和洛厄尔也知道吗 |
[17:50] | Yes. | 知道 |
[17:51] | – No, you weren’t. – No, I was not. | -你不知道啊 -我不知道 |
[17:54] | I wanted you to know | 我想让你意识到 |
[17:55] | that you are the boy that cried wolf, right? | 你就是那个叫狼来了的小孩 |
[17:57] | And I needed witnesses. | 所以我需要证人 |
[17:58] | I mean, if the boy cries wolf | 如果那个小孩说狼来了 |
[18:00] | and there are no villagers there to see him get eaten, | 结果却没有村民看到他被吃掉 |
[18:02] | what’s the point? | 那还有什么意义 |
[18:07] | This is next-level. | 你太会设局了 |
[18:10] | I wasn’t even close to pulling this off, was I? | 我根本就是班门弄斧了吧 |
[18:12] | No, honey. | 是的 宝贝 |
[18:14] | So when I came over, you got me | 所以我去你家的时候 |
[18:16] | – to accidentally blab something about Adam? – Yep. | -你是故意让我说漏嘴的 -对 |
[18:19] | And you didn’t need any information from Don at all? | 而且你完全不需要老唐给你任何信息 |
[18:21] | Nope. I just needed villagers. | 对 我只是需要村民 |
[18:24] | I don’t like just being a villager. | 我不想只当村民 |
[18:26] | Next year I’m trying out for wolf. | 明年我要试试当狼 |
[18:29] | How do you feel about telling the truth | 说了实话却没人相信 |
[18:31] | and not having people believe it? | 你是什么感觉 |
[18:33] | Not great. | 不太好 |
[18:34] | Kind of like how Ned said Neil felt | 有点像尼德说的 |
[18:35] | when people thought he faked the Moon landing. | 尼尔当初被人误会假装登陆月球的感觉 |
[18:38] | Who’s Neil? | 尼尔是谁 |
[18:39] | – Who’s Ned? – He is on drugs. | -尼德是谁 -他绝对嗑药了 |
[18:42] | I told you not to tell that story. | 我就说你别再讲这个故事了 |
[18:48] | Okay, here’s the last one. | 好了 最后一个 |
[18:51] | You know how we’re finally watching Breaking Bad together? | 我们不是终于一起看《绝命毒师》吗 |
[18:54] | I watched it three years ago | 我三年前和老唐 |
[18:55] | with Don in the trailer. | 一起在房车里看过了 |
[18:57] | It was when we were working nights | 当时我们一直干夜班 |
[18:58] | on the O’Bannon job. | 奥班农那个活 |
[19:01] | Also, there was no O’Bannon job. | 另外 根本没有奥班农那个活 |
[19:04] | Oh, hey, one more thing. | 还有一件事 |
[19:07] | There’s something wrong with your lasagna. | 你的千层面确实不对劲 |
[19:12] | Okay, I think we’ve covered enough lies for one night. | 好了 今晚听的谎言坦白够多了 |
[19:15] | Uh, hey, I got a question: | 我有个问题 |
[19:17] | how did you find out about my dad’s pacemaker? | 你是怎么知道爸爸去装起搏器的 |
[19:19] | Bev told me. | 贝芙告诉我的 |
[19:20] | What? | 什么 |
[19:22] | So Joe’s getting a pacemaker | 是乔要去装起搏器 |
[19:23] | and there’s no fishing store? | 根本没有渔具店吗 |
[19:26] | Adam lied to me? | 亚当居然骗我 |
[19:27] | Of course he did, he’s your husband. | 他当然会骗你 他是你的老公 |
[19:30] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[19:34] | Hey… do you mind if I have a little fun with this? | 你介不介意我拿这个消息玩一玩 |
[19:36] | Be my guest. | 你随意 |
[19:39] | Oh, honey? | 亲爱的 |
[19:40] | You can take that thing with you. | 你可以把这个一起带走 |
[19:49] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[19:50] | I’m your emergency contact. | 我是你的紧急联络人 |
[19:52] | I know everything. | 我什么都知道 |
[19:54] | But I didn’t want you to worry | 但我不希望你 |
[19:56] | about me worrying about you, | 担心我会担心你 |
[19:57] | so I wasn’t gonna tell you. | 所以我没打算告诉你 |
[20:00] | Dad, I thought you and Marcy had a shadow government. | 爸 你和玛茜不是有影子政府吗 |
[20:02] | Aw, don’t be ridiculous. | 别扯了 |
[20:03] | There’s no shadow government. | 根本没什么影子政府 |
[20:05] | That’s right. Bev and I run this family. | 没错 这家归我和贝芙管 |
[20:10] | Bev runs this family. | 这家归贝芙管 |