时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Behold, gentlemen, 150 micrograms | 请看 先生们 这是一百五十微克的 |
[00:08] | of plutonium-239. | 钚239 |
[00:11] | The sample is at Dr. Akley’s disposal. | 这份样品供奥克利博士使用 |
[00:14] | I got keys to the lab. I can let you in. | 我有实验室的钥匙 可以放你进去 |
[00:17] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[00:18] | What the hell is going on in here? | 你们在这搞什么 |
[00:21] | You conned me into giving you the plutonium. | 你骗我给你钚 |
[00:24] | I got Frank Winter an outside line today. | 我今天听到法兰克·温特打的外线电话 |
[00:28] | He said that you took work from other scientists | 他说你盗取其他科学家的成果 |
[00:31] | and published it as your own. | 并以自己的名义发表 |
[00:32] | That’s bullshit, Abby. | 那完全是胡扯 艾比 |
[00:34] | They’re all whores? | 她们都是妓女吗 |
[00:36] | You whiz kids. Always in your heads. | 你这个天才少年 总是脑子转个不停 |
[00:40] | You deserve some fun every once in a while. | 你应该要好好享乐一次 |
[00:42] | As long as you’re paid up… | 只要你付钱就行 |
[00:49] | This chrysanthemum, it’s supposed to be white. | 菊花种出来应该是白色的才对 |
[00:54] | My honey bees, they’re dead. | 我的蜜蜂 它们都死了 |
[00:57] | All of them. | 全部都死了 |
[02:27] | Guten Morgen, Dr. Heisenberg. | 早上好 海森堡博士 |
[02:34] | Hello, Dr. Heisenberg. | 您好 海森堡博士 |
[03:21] | She’s very well-read. | 她非常博学 |
[03:22] | You should see the stack of books by her cot– | 你该看看她小屋里堆积如山的书 |
[03:24] | Tolstoy, Voltaire. | 托尔斯泰 伏尔泰的都有 |
[03:25] | What progress have you made | 在寻找适合塑形的钚合金方面 |
[03:26] | with plutonium alloys for shaping? | 你有什么进展吗 |
[03:29] | Aluminum reacts with the alpha particles, | 铝跟阿尔法粒子起反应 |
[03:31] | but gallium is a real possibility. | 但镓应该能成功 |
[03:35] | But Jeannie’s favorite is Charles Dickens. | 但金妮最喜欢的作家是查尔斯·狄更斯 |
[03:39] | Now I think it’s because she’s an orphan. | 我觉得这是因为她是孤儿 |
[03:42] | Isn’t that sad? | 是不是很惹人怜 |
[03:44] | Did you find the melting point? | 你找到熔点了吗 |
[03:46] | Somewhere in the range of 900 Kelvin. | 约为九百开尔文上下 |
[03:48] | How did you know that | 你当年是怎么知道 |
[03:49] | Mrs. Winter was the girl for you? | 温特太太就是你命中注定的女人的 |
[03:51] | Was it a eureka | 是不是像爱因斯坦 |
[03:53] | like Einstein discovering special relativity? | 顿悟狭义相对论那样 |
[03:55] | That took Albert a couple of years. | 阿尔伯特花了几年才完善了整个理论 |
[03:56] | Okay, but with Jeannie– | 好吧 但是金妮… |
[03:57] | Look, if we want more plutonium, | 如果我们想得到更多的钚 |
[04:00] | we have to prove that we know | 就得用手里现有的 |
[04:01] | what we’re doing with this miniscule amount we have. | 微量的钚证明我们的理论 |
[04:03] | X-10 Reactor goes critical this week. | X-10反应堆本周将达到临界点 |
[04:06] | By Christmas, they’re gonna be pumping out plutonium. | 到了圣诞节 它们产出大量的钚 |
[04:08] | So I don’t need possibilities, Fritz. | 所以我想听到应该 福瑞茨 |
[04:10] | I don’t need ranges. | 或是大约这种字眼 |
[04:13] | I need real data. | 我要准确的数据 |
[04:29] | Thought we only got poked and prodded once a month. | 以前是每个月做一次体检 |
[04:35] | See more of you than I do my wife these days. | 但最近我见你比见我妻子还多 |
[04:42] | Something wrong with my last urine collection? | 我上次的尿检有什么问题吗 |
[04:46] | Fit as a bull moose, Mr. Isaacs. | 你比牛还壮 艾萨克先生 |
[04:49] | Just establishing your baseline before your big trip. | 只是在你出远门前记录下你身体的健康状况 |
[04:54] | What trip? | 出什么远门 |
[05:00] | We’re not shipping you off to Guadalcanal. | 不是把你送到瓜达康纳尔岛去 |
[05:02] | This is a good thing. | 你该庆幸下 |
[05:04] | Gerald, give us a moment. | 杰拉德 让我们单独聊会儿 |
[05:18] | Forgive the cloak and dagger, | 原谅我神神秘秘的 |
[05:19] | but the Army can’t have functioning nuclear reactor | 但是陆军行军时 可不能带着 |
[05:22] | on its travel bulletin. | 活跃的核反应堆 |
[05:25] | The reactor’s gone critical. | 反应堆快到临界了 |
[05:27] | We’re about to have our very own plutonium factory. | 我们即将拥有自己的钚工厂 |
[05:29] | If our colleagues don’t wipe | 前提是我们的同事没有 |
[05:30] | the Confederate states off the face of the Earth. | 将南方联盟州彻底从地球上抹除 |
[05:33] | You leave for Tennessee tomorrow morning. | 你明早出发去田纳西州 |
[05:36] | Tomorrow morning? | 明天早上吗 |
[05:38] | It’s just… | 只是… |
[05:42] | What? | 怎么了 |
[05:42] | I’ve never flown in a plane before. | 我从来没坐过飞机 |
[05:45] | And… | 并且 |
[05:48] | Honestly, | 说实话 |
[05:51] | I get queasy when I’m too high up at Fenway Park. | 我在芬威球场坐得太高都会觉得想吐 |
[05:57] | Charlie, | 查理 |
[06:00] | for weeks you’re been sitting at your desk | 几周以来你坐在办公桌那 |
[06:04] | hoping I wouldn’t notice you eyeing the clock | 希望我不会瞄到你在偷看时钟 |
[06:06] | like a high school senior. | 就像是个想早点放学的高三学生 |
[06:07] | Look, I know you have certain reservations about the project. | 我知道你对这个项目有所顾虑 |
[06:11] | But in less than 72 hours, | 但在不到72小时后 |
[06:13] | the world’s second nuclear reactor is going to go hot. | 世上第二个核反应堆即将准备就绪 |
[06:17] | Now, you want to sit in the nosebleed seats of history? | 现在你是想成为历史的见证者 |
[06:20] | Or do you want to sit in the dugout? | 还是想成为历史的创造者呢 |
[06:23] | So it’s our second anniversary | 我们结婚两周年纪念日时 |
[06:25] | and there is Frank cradling this unwrapped brown box | 法兰克手抖地捧着一个没包装过的棕色盒子 |
[06:29] | like it is the Ark of the Covenant. | 就像它是约柜一样 |
[06:31] | He never remembers our anniversary. | 我们的纪念日他却从来都记不住 |
[06:33] | And inside the box is a rabbit. | 而盒子里装着只兔子 |
[06:36] | Now, Frank tells me it is a symbol of our marriage. | 法兰克告诉我那是我们婚姻的象征 |
[06:40] | Something about a spirit of curiosity | 是关于好奇心 |
[06:43] | and a keen mating instinct. | 和渴望交配的本能 |
[06:45] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:46] | Anyway, a week later, | 总之 一周后 |
[06:47] | this rabbit is covered in sores | 那只兔子身上长满了疮 |
[06:50] | and it’s banging its head against the side of the cage. | 并且一直用头撞笼子 |
[06:52] | And the next thing I know, the rabbit is dead. | 再然后不知怎么的 兔子就死了 |
[06:55] | Well, I hope you gave the breeder a piece of your mind. | 我希望你把那个培育兔子的人臭骂了一顿 |
[06:57] | Breeder? | 培育兔子的 |
[06:59] | Frank stole the rabbit from the natural sciences lab. | 那只兔子是法兰克从自然科学实验室偷的 |
[07:02] | But he failed to notice the poor creature | 但他没注意到那个可怜的小东西 |
[07:04] | was an infectious diseases study. | 是用来做传染病研究的 |
[07:07] | Treponema cuniculi. | 兔螺旋体病 |
[07:09] | Oh, you gave your wife syphilis. That’s nice. | 你想把梅毒传染给你妻子 真有你的 |
[07:12] | Never was very good at biology. | 我生物学得一直都很烂 |
[07:14] | He has other qualities to redeem him. | 他有别的才能可以弥补 |
[07:18] | The only cook in the house. | 家里唯一的厨师 |
[07:19] | Beef Bourguignon. | 勃艮第炖牛肉 |
[07:21] | Salt recklessly. | 多盐 |
[07:26] | Well, isn’t this romantic? | 真够浪漫的啊 |
[07:32] | Helen. | 海伦 |
[07:51] | – You’re done? – Yeah. | -你爽了吗 -是啊 |
[07:57] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[07:58] | – Okay. – Oh, God. | -好吧 -天啊 |
[08:01] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[08:08] | They’re playing “Casablanca” at the theater. | 电影院正在上映《卡萨布兰卡》 |
[08:12] | Or we could just talk. | 或者我们也可以聊聊天 |
[08:17] | What do you want to talk about? | 你想聊什么 |
[08:22] | Did you do good science today? | 你今天科研做得怎么样 |
[08:29] | You know what, Corporal? | 跟你说吧 下士 |
[08:31] | I have an early morning. | 我早上得早起 |
[08:35] | Why don’t you take me home? | 不如你送我回家吧 |
[08:36] | Or, no, drop me off at the PX. | 不 把我放在贩卖点就行 |
[08:45] | You haven’t told anyone about this, have you? | 你没跟任何人说过这事吧 |
[08:48] | That I’m dating a genius? | 说我在跟一个天才约会吗 |
[08:50] | We’re not dating. | 我们这不算约会 |
[08:57] | Abby. | 艾比 |
[09:06] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么呢 |
[09:08] | I lied. | 我说谎了 |
[09:12] | I told you I read your paper. | 我说过我看过你的论文 |
[09:13] | I picked it up about 10 times last year, | 我去年有十次都想看来着 |
[09:15] | but I never got past the first paragraph. | 却连第一段都没看完 |
[09:18] | Now I want to finish. | 现在我想看完 |
[09:21] | Why? | 为什么 |
[09:23] | This part about bending light waves, | 关于弯曲光波的这部分 |
[09:25] | is that like a prism? | 是不是就跟棱镜一样 |
[09:26] | We had one at school. | 我们学校以前有一个 |
[09:27] | Abby. | 艾比 |
[09:30] | Put it away. | 收起来吧 |
[09:34] | What? | 怎么了 |
[09:36] | You ever gonna let it go? | 你什么时候才能不再纠结了 |
[09:39] | I just wanted to read it. | 我只是想看看你的论文 |
[09:42] | This is about Frank Winter. | 是因为法兰克·温特吧 |
[09:45] | Ever since you got that call, | 自从你听到那通电话 |
[09:47] | you haven’t looked at me the same. | 你看待我的眼光就不一样了 |
[09:48] | That’s ridiculous. | 真可笑 |
[09:50] | I didn’t go to Milton Academy like your father. | 我不像你父亲 念的是米尔顿高中 |
[09:52] | I don’t have a trust fund. | 我没有信托资金 |
[09:53] | Guess that means I cheated my way in, right? | 那就意味着我是靠作弊走到今天的 对吗 |
[09:57] | You are the only person I know | 你是我认识的唯一一个人 |
[09:58] | who thinks a decent upbringing | 认为拥有良好的成长环境 |
[09:59] | is something to be ashamed of. | 是件可耻的事 |
[10:05] | Where’s my suitcase? | 我的手提箱呢 |
[10:06] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[10:08] | I have to go on a trip tomorrow. | 我明天得出趟远门 |
[10:10] | I don’t know when I’ll be back. | 不知道什么时候能回来 |
[10:13] | You’ll have lots of time to catch up on your reading. | 你将有很多时间赶上阅读进度 |
[10:17] | I am going to prove that it was army pesticides | 我要证明是军队的杀虫剂干的 |
[10:19] | and then I’m going to take it to the town council. | 然后我要拿着证据去镇议会 |
[10:21] | The combined IQ of the town council | 整个镇议会议员的智商加起来 |
[10:23] | is probably half of yours. | 可能只有你的一半 |
[10:25] | Come to the meeting with me Saturday, won’t you? | 你周六跟我一起去参加那个会议吧 |
[10:29] | Frank refuses. | 法兰克不愿意去 |
[10:29] | Well, if you two are done conspiring, | 你们要是密谋完了 |
[10:32] | I think we should get back. | 我们该回去了 |
[10:33] | But there is one more little thing before you go. | 在你们走之前还有件小事 |
[10:38] | You know, the Nazis say they cause cancer. | 纳粹说那个会致癌的 |
[10:40] | Actually, it’s a little bigger than this. | 实际上 比这个要麻烦一点 |
[10:42] | I need a contrast microscope | 我需要一台相差显微镜 |
[10:44] | if I’m gonna shore up my case against the army. | 才能公开跟军方叫板 |
[10:46] | Do you think you could smuggle one out of the lab for me? | 你们能从实验室给我偷一台吗 |
[10:50] | I wish we could. | 我也希望可以 |
[10:51] | Roosevelt couldn’t get his wheelchair out of the tech area | 没有军方发话 罗斯福都没法让他的轮椅 |
[10:54] | without the army’s say-so. | 离开技术区半步 |
[10:57] | Thank you, my dear. | 谢谢招待 亲爱的 |
[10:58] | – Good night. – Good night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[11:47] | Make clear all areas on designation six through nine. | 六到九号区域清场 |
[11:52] | Make clear all areas… | 六到九号… |
[11:54] | Jeannie. | 金妮 |
[11:57] | I waited all night for you to knock. | 我昨天等了你一整晚 |
[11:59] | Oh, I’m so sorry. I’ve been chained to my desk. | 很抱歉 我一直忙得脱不开身 |
[12:01] | But I have been driving the warden crazy talking about you. | 但我一直在谈论你 把守卫都快逼疯了 |
[12:07] | I cut it into triangles the way you like | 我切成你喜欢的三角块了 |
[12:08] | in case you don’t make it to breakfast. | 以防你来不及吃早餐 |
[12:16] | You made me a PB&J? | 你给我做了花生黄油果酱三明治 |
[12:22] | It’s $2.50. | 要2.5美金 |
[12:25] | For the sandwich? | 付三明治的钱吗 |
[12:26] | For last night. | 是昨晚的钱 |
[12:28] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[12:29] | I have a 24-hours cancellation policy. | 如果你24小时内取消也要照样付款 |
[12:31] | Sure, sure. | 好的 好的 |
[12:43] | Bye. | 再见 |
[12:45] | Bye. | 再见 |
[14:25] | What the– | 搞什么 |
[14:26] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 不不不不不不不不不不 |
[14:36] | You’ll be traveling under an assumed name. | 你将用化名出差 |
[14:38] | Yes, sir. | 遵命 先生 |
[14:38] | The workers at Site X barely know | X工厂里的工人 |
[14:40] | what they’re making down there | 连他们在制作什么都不知道 |
[14:41] | much less what it’s used for. | 更别说用途了 |
[14:42] | Let’s take a look under the hood | 你去视察一下 |
[14:44] | and make sure we’re not blowing a 20-kiloton gasket. | 确保别出意外 引起大爆炸什么的 |
[14:48] | They must have a team of experts making sure that won’t happen. | 那边肯定有一队专家确保不会出这种事吧 |
[14:51] | Let’s just say the army is more concerned with secrecy | 军方更重视保密情报 |
[14:53] | than they are with something as trivial as public safety. | 而非无关紧要的公共安全 |
[14:56] | Nothing goes forward without your say-so down there, Charlie. | 去了之后只要你不点头 一切都暂停 查理 |
[14:59] | I thought you said I was the only man for the job. | 你不是说就我一个人[男人]去吗 |
[15:04] | You are. | 是就你一个男人啊 |
[15:07] | Occasionally we have to throw implosion a bone | 有时我们也得给内爆组点甜头 |
[15:09] | to keep them from chewing through their leashes. | 以防他们惹是生非 |
[15:12] | Sir. | 再见先生 |
[15:13] | Have a good trip. | 旅途愉快 |
[15:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:17] | Be careful at the airport. | 在机场小心点 |
[15:19] | You know, there are thieves everywhere. | 你知道这年头小偷无处不在 |
[15:22] | Charlie, you want to get these? | 查理 能帮我放下行李吗 |
[15:34] | My father was knighted by King George | 乔治国王曾授予我父亲爵位 |
[15:36] | and yet Frank sends a little Dutch girl to Site X. | 但法兰克竟然派一个荷兰小女孩去X工厂 |
[15:38] | Well, Helen’s got more degrees than a thermometer. | 海伦可不只是会读温度计 |
[15:41] | You are just jealous. | 你就是嫉妒 |
[15:43] | Close the door. We could lose it in the wind. | 关上门 风会把它吹走的 |
[15:47] | Looks like you’ve already lost it, Louis. | 看上去你脑筋已经不太正常了 路易 |
[15:49] | I was reducing the metal and there was… | 我在还原金属 结果… |
[15:51] | an unexpected reaction. | 反应没按预料中进行 |
[15:52] | We’re missing 24 micrograms. | 现在少了24微克 |
[15:55] | Of plutonium? | 24微克钚吗 |
[15:56] | You’ve misplaced a million dollars’ worth of Pu-239? | 你丢了价值一百万美金的钚-239 |
[15:59] | The Snoop’s going haywire, | 放射物检测仪疯狂地叫 |
[16:00] | but I swiped the floor clean | 但我在地上没找到 |
[16:01] | and the oil paper’s good. | 油纸上也没有 |
[16:05] | We’ll find it. | 我们会找到的 |
[16:06] | Plutonium doesn’t just evaporate. | 钚不会就这样人间蒸发 |
[16:08] | Our careers will end when Oppenheimer gets wind of this. | 要是奥本海默知道了 我们的事业可就完蛋了 |
[16:30] | Mine’s not making a sound. | 我这台没响 |
[16:32] | Nope, nor mine. | 我这台也是 |
[16:36] | This one must be busted. | 我这台一定坏了 |
[16:37] | It beeps everywhere I look, | 不论我查哪里都响 |
[16:38] | but nothing shows up under the scope. | 但用显微镜却什么都看不到 |
[16:39] | Here, let me see it. | 给我 让我看看 |
[17:02] | We need a medic. | 你得去看医生 |
[17:08] | You moving to Tennessee? | 你是要搬去田纳西州吗 |
[17:11] | I packed less when I left for Harvard. | 我去哈佛上学都没带这么多东西 |
[17:13] | That word rolls so easy off your tongue. | 整天把”哈佛”挂在嘴边 |
[17:15] | “Can you pass the sugar? I went to Harvard.” | “能寄给我糖吗 我是哈佛大学的” |
[17:18] | How many pairs of clogs do you need? | 你得带多少双木底鞋 |
[17:19] | By the way, I found a problem with your little space paper. | 顺便说句 我在你那太空论文里发现了个错误 |
[17:23] | The word is affect, not effect. | 该是”影响” 而非”影像” |
[17:25] | A typo on page six. | 在第六页上打错了 |
[17:28] | Embarrassing. | 真丢人 |
[17:31] | Tickets, please. | 请出示机票 |
[17:32] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[17:40] | Mr. and Mrs. Donaldson. | 唐纳森先生和夫人 |
[17:42] | That’s us. | 没错 |
[17:44] | Right, honey pie? | 对吧 甜心 |
[17:45] | Must be quite the big shot | 你一定是个大人物 |
[17:46] | to fly your wife to the Smoky Mountains. | 才能带你妻子一起去大烟山玩吧 |
[17:49] | Oh, actually, | 事实上 |
[17:50] | I’ve been supporting Billy since his hunting accident. | 自从比利打猎受伤后 就一直是我养着他 |
[17:53] | It doesn’t matter to me that he can’t hold down a job… | 我不在乎他没法工作 |
[17:55] | or have children. | 或是没法生育 |
[18:02] | Double the saline bolus. | 生理盐水加倍 |
[18:04] | Siphon in 10-mil increments. | 又抽出十毫升 |
[18:06] | Hypernatremia measurements q-two minutes. | 血钠过高至少两分钟了 |
[18:15] | Mr. Fedowitz. You’re awake. | 菲多维茨先生 你醒了 |
[18:17] | Did you vomit in the other room? | 你在那个房间里呕吐过吗 |
[18:19] | I think I’m okay. | 我没事 |
[18:20] | But did you vomit again? | 你到底又呕吐过没有 |
[18:22] | Don’t worry. I got it all in the garbage. | 别担心 我都扔垃圾箱里了 |
[18:24] | Nurse, go retrieve the bin. | 护士 去把垃圾箱拿过来 |
[18:27] | Mr. Fedowitz, | 菲多维茨先生 |
[18:28] | you swallowed a significant quantity of plutonium. | 你吞下了大量的钚 |
[18:32] | Priority is to retrieve every microgram from your stomach. | 现在的首要任务是找回你肚子里的每一微克 |
[18:37] | A man of your expertise, | 像你这样的专家 |
[18:38] | surely you know how to separate heavy metals from organic matter. | 肯定知道该如何分离重金属和有机物吧 |
[18:49] | Here you go, ma’am. | 给你 女士 |
[18:51] | Sprinkle this baby on your windowsill | 把这个洒在你的窗台上 |
[18:53] | and those termites of yours will be gone in a New Mexico minute. | 很快就能解决你家的白蚁问题 |
[18:56] | This is what the army uses as pesticide? | 军方把这个当杀虫剂来用吗 |
[19:00] | DDT DDT? | |
[19:00] | [学名双对氯苯基三氯乙烷 杀虫剂 由于其持久性 对人类健康造成很大影响] | |
[19:01] | Uncle Sam sprays it on our cots, our clothes, | 美国政府把它用在我们的房子 衣服上 |
[19:04] | even our dinner plates. | 甚至我们的饭菜里 |
[19:06] | And the kids love it, too. | 小孩子也特喜欢这个 |
[19:07] | Adios, head lice. | 轻松摆脱头虱 |
[19:09] | Do you know what happens to a mosquito | 你知道蚊子接触到 |
[19:11] | exposed to organochlorides? | 有机氯合物之后会怎么样吗 |
[19:13] | Sodium channels blow open the sensory nerves. | 钠离子通道打开 感官被放大 |
[19:16] | The insect has a seizure | 那些昆虫会突发癫痫 |
[19:17] | and then bleeds internally until the organs fail. | 并且一直内出血直至所有器官衰竭 |
[19:22] | Good thing we’re not mosquitos, right? | 幸好我们不是蚊子 对吧 |
[19:24] | Right. | 是啊 |
[19:26] | Or bees. | 蜜蜂也一样 |
[19:32] | Frank is going to kill me. Or worse. | 法兰克会杀了我 说不定会更惨 |
[19:35] | Keep your head high. | 你要昂起你的头 |
[19:37] | It’ll give his blade a clear path to your neck. | 那样他砍起来就会干净利索得多 |
[19:39] | Less painful that way. | 让你死个痛快 |
[19:41] | Maybe we don’t tell him. | 或许我们可以不告诉他 |
[19:42] | You know, just say that you’re still | 只需要说你还在 |
[19:43] | working on the alloy experiments. | 做合金的实验 |
[19:45] | That’ll buy us enough time to… | 那就能给我们争取到足够的时间… |
[19:51] | Is this a lab or a wax museum? | 你们当这是实验室还是蜡像馆 |
[19:55] | Just trying to win a war. | 只是想打赢战争而已 |
[19:56] | Once more unto the breach. | 再向前冲吧 |
[19:58] | What happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[20:01] | There was a rapid vapor expansion of the Pu-239 and… | 钚239的蒸汽迅速膨胀 |
[20:05] | I swallowed some. | 我吞下去了一些 |
[20:06] | Jesus, Fritz. How much? | 天啊 福瑞茨 吞了多少 |
[20:10] | All of it. | 全吞下去了 |
[20:11] | All right, you two, get out. | 你们俩 出去 |
[20:18] | Look, I already separated four micrograms. | 听着 我已经分离出了四微克 |
[20:20] | I’ll get the rest with dilution and recapture. | 我会用稀释标记法把剩余的分离出来 |
[20:22] | I swear on my father’s grave. | 我向我父亲的坟墓起誓 |
[20:23] | I mean, actually, he was cremated, but– | 当然了 他是火葬的 但是 |
[20:26] | What did they say at the clinic? | 诊所那边的人怎么说 |
[20:28] | They are confident that we can get it all back. | 他们很有信心能找回所有的钚239 |
[20:30] | You swallowed a radioactive isotope. | 你吞下了放射性同位素 |
[20:32] | What did the doctor prescribe? | 医生给你开了什么药 |
[20:34] | Aspirin and a case of beer. | 阿司匹林和一罐啤酒 |
[20:36] | I’m supposed to drink it and then I collect all my urine. | 我应该喝掉它然后收集自己的尿液 |
[20:41] | How do you feel? | 你感觉怎么样 |
[20:45] | What? | 什么 |
[20:48] | I guess I’m a little buzzed from the beer. | 我觉得我被啤酒搞的有点晕 |
[20:52] | Why, should I be worried? | 怎么 我该担心吗 |
[20:54] | He’s within the acceptable limits. | 他摄入的量在可接受范围内 |
[20:56] | I followed the Q-9 medical directive to the letter. | 我是严格遵照Q-9医疗指示做的 |
[20:59] | Who wrote the Q-9 directive? | 那个Q-9医疗指示是谁写的 |
[21:02] | That’s classified. | 那是机密 |
[21:04] | Show me the study it’s based on. | 给我看看它所基于的研究文献 |
[21:05] | Fedowitz’s urine and blood samples | 菲多维茨的尿样和血样 |
[21:07] | have been sent via post to | 已经邮寄给 |
[21:08] | the project’s radiation expert for more testing. | 项目的辐射专家做进一步分析 |
[21:10] | Do you know the speed at which plutonium emits alpha particles? | 你知道钚发射阿尔法粒子的速度吗 |
[21:14] | One-twentieth the speed of light. | 是光速的十二分之一 |
[21:15] | Do you know its biological half-life? | 那你知道它的生物学半衰期吗 |
[21:18] | Well, I am sure– | 我很确定… |
[21:19] | 200 years. | 要二百年 |
[21:21] | Longer than the United States has been a country. | 比美国建国历史都长 |
[21:23] | So why don’t you pick up the phone | 所以你不如赶快拿起电话 |
[21:24] | and call the medical director for the project | 打给项目的医疗主任 |
[21:26] | and get him down here to examine my man. | 让他过来检测我的手下 |
[21:27] | I don’t need the director. | 我不需要叫主任 |
[21:29] | I’ve been given the authority | 我已经被授权 |
[21:30] | to handle all health-related matters on this Hill. | 负责这里所有人的健康问题 |
[21:32] | Had you even heard the word plutonium | 你来这里之前 |
[21:34] | before you washed up on this base? | 有听说过钚这个词吗 |
[21:37] | What did you do your residency in, Doctor? | 你是在哪实习的 医生 |
[21:40] | Obstetrics. | 妇产科 |
[21:42] | Yet you felt confident treating a man | 你竟然敢给一个 |
[21:43] | who swallowed a quarter of the world’s supply of Pu-239 | 吞下了这世上的四分之一钚239的病人 |
[21:49] | with a case of beer. | 一罐啤酒作为解药 |
[22:01] | Get me the War Department. | 给我接陆军部 |
[22:19] | Welcome to our humble abode. | 欢迎来到我们这个小地方 |
[22:21] | 50,000 acres using 10% of the nation’s electricity, | 二百平方公里的地用了全国百分之十的发电量 |
[22:24] | and it doesn’t exist on any map. | 而且你在地图上还找不到它 |
[22:26] | We have three schools, two movie theaters. | 我们有三所学校 两个电影院 |
[22:29] | We import 30,000 pounds of mayonnaise a month. | 每个月我们要进口十五吨蛋黄酱 |
[22:31] | You know how many sandwiches that is? | 你知道这里要吃掉多少三明治了吧 |
[22:32] | Mr. Ellis, how much product do you think | 艾利斯先生 你认为年底之前 |
[22:34] | you’ll turn out by the end of the year? | 你们能有多大的产量 |
[22:35] | And, of course, our most precious resource, | 当然了 最珍贵的资源 |
[22:37] | these talented young ladies. | 就是这些才华横溢的年轻姑娘们 |
[22:38] | Most of them came straight | 她们大多数高中一毕业 |
[22:39] | from high school to serve their nation. | 就来报效国家了 |
[22:41] | Pretty little patriots, aren’t they? | 一群美丽的小爱国者们 对吗 |
[22:42] | What’s the evacuation protocol | 如果出现辐射事故 |
[22:44] | in case of radiologic accident? | 疏散程序是怎么样的 |
[22:46] | Expect they can find the front door. | 从前门疏散 否则死路一条 |
[22:47] | We received the War Department’s R-23 directive a month ago. | 我们一个月前就收到了陆军部的R-23指令 |
[22:51] | I put it on your desk. | 我放在你桌上了 |
[22:53] | And I’m sure I told you | 那我肯定告诉过你 |
[22:54] | to circulate the directive to the girls, Theodore. | 把文件传达给姑娘们 塞奥多 |
[22:57] | We’ve been a little busy preparing for tomorrow’s festivities. | 我们一直在忙着准备明天的庆典 |
[22:59] | Are you excited to make your mark in history? | 即将名垂青史 兴奋吗 |
[23:02] | Actually, I’m going to load the last uranium rod. | 其实安装最后一根铀棒的是我 |
[23:05] | I have no doubt you know how to work a rod, young lady, | 我确信你对玩棒子很在行 小姑娘 |
[23:08] | but instructions are that Mr. Donaldson | 但说明上说启动反应的 |
[23:10] | is to initiate the reaction. | 是唐纳森先生 |
[23:12] | We’ll see about that. | 等着瞧吧 |
[23:14] | Of course you can hand off the honors to your lovely wife. | 你当然可以把这份殊荣让给你可爱的妻子 |
[23:17] | Or whoever she is. | 天知道她到底是谁 |
[23:18] | Soon as we get back home, Mrs. Donaldson and I | 等我们一回家 我跟唐纳森夫人 |
[23:21] | are filing for divorce. | 就会提出离婚申请 |
[23:27] | Meet the X-10 reactor. | 这就是X-10号反应堆 |
[23:29] | 600,000 pounds of graphite. | 三百吨的石墨 |
[23:32] | She’s dressed and ready for her cotillion. | 她已经准备好盛装登场了 |
[23:38] | All reactors should be female. | 反应堆都该是女性 |
[23:40] | This is Bill Tupper, | 这位是比尔·图伯 |
[23:42] | our operations chief. | 我们的运行主管 |
[23:43] | How are you? | 你好 |
[23:45] | In 12 hours she’ll start spinning uranium | 十二小时后 她就开始把稻草铀 |
[23:47] | straw into plutonium gold. | 纺成金子钚了 |
[23:49] | No, she won’t. The reactor’s not going critical tomorrow. | 不会的 反应堆明天还不会临界运行 |
[23:52] | Oh, Jews are born pessimists. | 犹太人生来就是悲观主义者 |
[23:54] | That’s why I’m loading the last rod. | 所以才由我安装最后一根铀棒 |
[23:55] | No one’s loading anything | 在我们走遍厂区 |
[23:56] | until we tour the whole facility, make sure it’s safe. | 确保安全之前 不会安装任何东西 |
[23:59] | We have 140 buildings. She’ll be here till Easter. | 我们有140栋楼呢 都看完得复活节了 |
[24:02] | We have technical schematics you could look at. | 你可以看技术图纸 |
[24:03] | – Theodore. – They diagram every vulnerability on the site. | -塞奥多 -上面记录了这里所有的易损处 |
[24:07] | More comprehensive than any physical tour. | 比亲自去看要全面得多 |
[24:08] | Safety’s a priority, | 安全是第一要务 |
[24:09] | but the army’s deadlines are gospel around here. | 但在这里 军队的截止日期就是圣旨 |
[24:12] | You’re here to grease the wheels, not gum up the works. | 你是来锦上添花 不是惹是生非的 |
[24:14] | What I’m here to do | 我是来 |
[24:15] | is make sure you don’t set the atmosphere on fire. | 确保你们不会把这地方炸飞的 |
[24:18] | He’s overeating. It’s just a formality. | 他有点反应过激了 这只是走个形式 |
[24:20] | Look, I understand you’ve been sent down here | 我明白你是被某个大人物 |
[24:22] | by some high mucky-muck. | 派到这里来的 |
[24:24] | That mucky-muck hired the guy | 那个大人物是你老板的 |
[24:26] | who hired the guy who hired your boss. | 上司的上司的上司 |
[24:28] | His name is Robert Oppenheimer. | 他叫罗伯特·奥本海默 |
[24:31] | Let’s see those schematics. | 把图纸给我们看看 |
[24:41] | First you swallow up plutonium. | 先是吞下了钚 |
[24:46] | Now you’re going to piss it all away. | 现在要把它尿出去 |
[24:51] | Jeannie helped me collect three liters of urine. | 金妮帮我收集了三升的尿 |
[24:55] | A good woman is hard to find. | 这种好女人可不好找啊 |
[24:57] | Oh, by the way, could one of you guys front me five bucks? | 对了 你们谁能借我五块钱吗 |
[25:00] | What, are you taking her out as a thank-you? | 怎么 你要请她出去作为感谢吗 |
[25:02] | No, he’s paying her for sex. | 不 他是花钱跟她做爱 |
[25:04] | You are? | 真的吗 |
[25:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:07] | Well, | 这个嘛 |
[25:08] | no, not exactly. We haven’t really | 确切来说还没有 我们还没… |
[25:12] | gone all the way yet. | 进展到那一步 |
[25:14] | So you’re paying her not to have sex with you? | 那你给她钱是为了不跟她上床 |
[25:17] | Fritz, you do know most women would | 福瑞茨 你知道大部分女人 |
[25:19] | probably do that for free? | 不跟她们上床是免费的吧 |
[25:21] | All girls cost money. | 约女孩都得花钱 |
[25:23] | You buy them dinner, drinks. | 你请她们吃饭 喝酒 |
[25:24] | With Jeannie, there’s none of that. | 而跟金妮出去不需要那些 |
[25:26] | Just a flat fee. | 交个定额就行了 |
[25:33] | I phoned Berkeley, Chicago, Manhattan. | 我联系了伯克利 芝加哥还有曼哈顿 |
[25:36] | They passed me to a different doctor every time. | 每次都把我推给其他医生 |
[25:38] | You don’t even know the name of your own goddamn boss. | 你他妈的连自己上司的名字都不知道 |
[25:41] | The post office handles the blood and urine samples. | 血样和尿样都是邮局送的 |
[25:43] | We’re only supposed to get a response from his team | 只有有问题的时候 |
[25:44] | if there’s a problem. | 才会有回音 |
[25:46] | There’s never been one before. | 之前从没出过问题 |
[25:47] | – Jesus Christ. – Compartmentalization. | -天哪 -这就是任务划分 |
[25:49] | They’ve never even shown me an org chart. | 他们连组织架构图都没给我看过 |
[25:52] | Army doesn’t want anyone knowing who’s in charge. | 军队不想让任何人知道负责人是谁 |
[25:55] | There’s an administrator in New York | 据说纽约的一名管理员 |
[25:57] | who supposedly has the org chart | 手上有组织架构图 |
[25:59] | and the name of the ranking doctor. | 以及军医的名单 |
[26:01] | – Who’s he? – His ID is 482. | -他是谁 -他的代号是482 |
[26:05] | I’ve left him three messages. | 我给他留了三通留言 |
[26:06] | Give me his number. | 把他的号码给我 |
[26:07] | This line needs to stay free for emergencies. | 这个电话只有紧急情况才能打 |
[26:11] | What exactly do you think this is? | 你觉得这还不够紧急吗 |
[26:31] | Hi, Abby. | 艾比 |
[26:34] | Hello. | 你好 |
[26:36] | Picking up Callie from school? | 来接凯莉放学吗 |
[26:38] | Please, she’d die if she saw me here. | 得了吧 她看见我来会去死的 |
[26:40] | Just stealing a microscope | 我刚从全国 |
[26:42] | from the best equipped elementary school | 配备最好的小学实验室里 |
[26:44] | science room in the country. | 偷了台显微镜 |
[26:46] | – Mum’s the word. – I didn’t see anything. | -要保密哦 -我什么都没看到 |
[26:49] | Frank tells me that you’re spending your days in switchboard. | 法兰克跟我说你现在是个接线员 |
[26:55] | Oh, it’s only part-time. | 那只是兼职 |
[26:56] | Better than no time, trust me. | 相信我 总比没工作好 |
[26:59] | It’s nice to have something to distract you | 丈夫不在时有个能让人分心的事 |
[27:01] | while your husband’s gone. | 还是挺好的 |
[27:03] | Oh, did Frank go, too? | 法兰克也去了吗 |
[27:05] | No, I just saw Charlie this morning at the gate. | 他没去 我今早在大门口看见查理了 |
[27:09] | With Helen Prins and a mountain of luggage. | 和海伦·普林斯一起 旁边有大堆的行李 |
[27:11] | Off on some top secret mission, I presume. | 我想是去执行什么绝密任务吧 |
[27:15] | Who is Helen Prins? | 谁是海伦·普林斯 |
[27:20] | Uranium-235 is highly unstable. | 铀-235高度不稳定 |
[27:24] | Store too much in one place, | 若在一个地方存放过多 |
[27:25] | you can set off a chain reaction. | 可能会引发链式反应 |
[27:27] | Which is why we split it up | 所以我们才把它们分开存放 |
[27:28] | so there’s never more than | 保证任何建筑中 |
[27:29] | 12 kilograms in any given building. | 存放量不大于十二千克 |
[27:31] | This isn’t rocket science. | 这又不是在造火箭 |
[27:33] | So how do you transport it? | 那怎么输送它们呢 |
[27:35] | Uranium enters the reactor through this valve | 铀以每秒24毫克的速度 |
[27:38] | at a rate of 24 milligrams per second. | 通过这个阀门进入反应堆 |
[27:40] | What if a valve fails? | 万一阀门失灵呢 |
[27:42] | If uranium accumulates in the pipes, you could… | 如果铀堆积在导管中 可能会… |
[27:44] | All the valves are redundant, like this conversation. | 所有阀门都是冗余机制 像现在的谈话一样 |
[27:48] | Plant’s designed so if any one valve gets clogged, | 发电站的设计是如果有阀门堵塞了 |
[27:51] | another one comes to the rescue. | 会有新的阀门打开防止事故 |
[27:52] | What about this one? There’s no redundancy there. | 那这个呢 这里没有冗余的阀门 |
[27:55] | That’s not a valve. That’s a window. | 那不是阀门 是窗户 |
[27:59] | You’ve got a busy day, Mr. Ellis. | 你们今天很辛苦了 艾利斯先生 |
[28:01] | If it would be helpful, I can walk our guests through the plants. | 如果有需要 我可以带客人们参观厂区 |
[28:03] | Compartmentalization, Theodore. | 注意你的身份 塞奥多 |
[28:05] | I don’t think Washington would like that. | 我觉得华盛顿不会赞同的 |
[28:07] | But I could use some coffee. | 但可以给我来点咖啡 |
[28:11] | This is where the separation takes place? | 是从这里开始进行分离的吗 |
[28:13] | The cauldron starts here. | 这里是反应釜 |
[28:21] | When I get dismissed by a group of men, | 当我被一群男人打发走的时候 |
[28:23] | it usually means they’re afraid of what I’m about to say. | 一般意味着他们害怕我即将要说的话 |
[28:27] | It’s Mrs. Donaldson, correct? | 是唐纳森夫人 是吧 |
[28:29] | This isn’t the Underground Railroad. | 这里不是地下铁路 |
[28:31] | I don’t need a woman to rescue me from the white man. | 我不需要一个女人从白人手中解救我 |
[28:34] | I’m not here to rescue anyone. | 我不是来解救任何人的 |
[28:38] | But no one else in that room gives a shit what you think. | 但是那屋里其他人根本不关心你的想法 |
[28:44] | Green water. | 绿液 |
[28:53] | Clear vats 14 and 15 from building 90-207. | 建筑90-207里的14和15号排液罐 |
[28:56] | They’re, what, eight and a half feet from 206? | 它们居然离206才2.6米远 |
[29:00] | Who the hell drew these? | 这些是谁画的 |
[29:02] | Some third-rate architect from the Corps of Engineers? | 工程兵部队的某个三流建筑师吗 |
[29:04] | – Are you a draftsman? – Draftswoman. | -你是制图员吗 -是制图女 |
[29:05] | This rendering is off by six inches. | 这张图整个差了十五厘米 |
[29:08] | Add up 206, 207, and 208 | 算上206 207和208 |
[29:10] | and we’re still under the safety limits. | 我们还是在安全标准范围内 |
[29:12] | Yeah, for fast neutrons. But we’re talking about green water. | 对于快中子来说是的 但还要考虑绿液 |
[29:15] | Green water? | 什么是绿液 |
[29:17] | Uranium dissolved in liquid form. | 铀溶解在液体中的形态 |
[29:19] | The neutrons slow down and become 100 times more effective. | 中子减速后的反应效率会增加一百多倍 |
[29:22] | – So what? – 100 times more fissionable. | -那又如何 -说明裂变速率会上升一百多倍 |
[29:25] | All these buildings will go up in smoke. | 这些建筑都会灰飞烟灭的 |
[29:27] | You need to clear every one of them. | 你得把所有的排液罐都清理了 |
[29:29] | 4,000 vats spread over 100 acres? | 半个平方公里内的四千个排液罐吗 |
[29:32] | It’ll take a week. | 那得花一周 |
[29:33] | I need a word alone. | 我要和你单独说句话 |
[29:36] | Don’t look at me. | 别看我 |
[29:39] | You heard my wife. | 你听见我妻子的话了 |
[29:42] | Medical Division. | 医疗部 |
[29:43] | Get your boss on the phone now. | 马上让你老板接电话 |
[29:45] | This is number G-11. | 我是G-11 |
[29:46] | 11? One moment, please. I’ll get him right away. | 11 请稍等 我马上叫他来 |
[29:50] | G-11 G-11? | |
[29:51] | Didn’t know they even made ID numbers that low. | 我都不知道还有这么小的身份数字 |
[29:54] | I understand you’ve got yourself a situation. | 我能理解你陷入麻烦了 |
[29:58] | You need to talk to the project radiation chief. | 你得去找项目放射科主管 |
[30:00] | Well, who is he? | 那是谁 |
[30:02] | Never spoken to him myself. | 我从未和他说过话 |
[30:03] | But I know all the urine and blood samples | 但我知道所有的尿样和血样 |
[30:05] | go to his lab for testing. | 都会拿到他的实验室去测试 |
[30:07] | He sets the acceptable limits. | 是他制定的可接受范围 |
[30:09] | ID number is… | 代号是 |
[30:12] | B-379 B-379. | |
[30:14] | Fine, have your girl put me through. | 好吧 让接线员帮我转过去 |
[30:19] | Marge. | 玛姬 |
[30:29] | Health Division. | 卫生部 |
[30:30] | Is this B-379? | 是B-379吗 |
[30:33] | Dr. Winter? | 温特博士吗 |
[30:48] | It doesn’t make any sense. | 这不合理啊 |
[30:52] | What exactly did he say? | 他具体都说了什么 |
[30:53] | That you were receiving shipments | 说你接收所有的样本 |
[30:55] | and that you set the acceptable limits. | 是你制定的可接受范围 |
[30:57] | The blood and urine samples are sent to an outside team. | 血样和尿样是送给外面的小组的 |
[31:01] | My assistant drops them at the post office every Monday. | 我的助手每周一把它们送到邮局去 |
[31:07] | Have you ever actually seen them put the samples on the truck? | 你亲眼看到过他们把样本放上卡车吗 |
[31:12] | This must be a misunderstanding. | 这里肯定有误会 |
[31:16] | I have a week’s training in radiology. | 我只在放射科接受了一周培训 |
[31:19] | Why would they put me in charge? | 他们为什么会让我负责 |
[31:26] | Who hired you? | 谁雇的你 |
[31:37] | Alek, we need to talk. | 艾莱克 我们得谈谈 |
[31:39] | I’ve made it clear I don’t enjoy being disturbed during my games. | 我明确表示过 下棋时不希望被打扰 |
[31:41] | You handpicked the ranking medical officer on the Hill. | 你亲自挑选了镇上最高级的医疗员 |
[31:46] | Just as Robert and I handpicked you. | 就像我和罗伯特亲自挑选了你 |
[31:49] | What do you want, Frank? | 你想怎样 法兰克 |
[31:52] | It’s all an illusion, isn’t it? | 全都是狗屁 对吧 |
[31:54] | The Geiger measurements, the urine and blood samples. | 什么盖格尔测量值 尿液和血液采样 |
[31:57] | What, are you just throwing away the collections? | 你是不是干净利落地把样品都丢掉了 |
[32:00] | Your man Fedowitz swallowed 24 micrograms of Pu-239. | 你的菲多维茨吞进了24微克的钚239 |
[32:04] | The toxic dose is 100 to 500 micrograms. | 致毒量为一百到五百微克 |
[32:07] | Did you just invent those numbers? | 这些数字是你刚编造出来的吗 |
[32:09] | A range of 400 proves you have no idea what you’re talking about. | 四百的浮动范围证明你根本什么都不知道 |
[32:12] | Radiology is not your field, Frank. | 你不懂放射学 法兰克 |
[32:14] | And it’s not Dr. Adelman’s either. | 阿德尔曼医生也不懂 |
[32:18] | You intentionally chose a man | 你故意指派 |
[32:20] | who knows nothing about radiologic risks | 一个对辐射危害一无所知的人 |
[32:22] | to run our medical program. | 来管理我们的医疗项目 |
[32:28] | But you know plenty about radiology, don’t you, Alek? | 但你很懂放射学 对吧 艾莱克 |
[32:32] | You spent six years with Marie Curie at the Pasteur Institute? | 你和玛丽·居里在巴斯德研究院共事了六年 |
[32:37] | Seven, actually. | 是七年 |
[32:40] | That woman died blind and anemic. | 那位夫人去世时 眼已盲并身患贫血症 |
[32:44] | Her papers had to be quarantined. | 她的论文必须隔离处理 |
[32:47] | She went to her grave denying that it was | 她至死都否认 |
[32:49] | because she had been breathing in radioactive dust for 40 years. | 这是她四十年来吸入放射性粉尘的后果 |
[32:53] | If the history lesson is over… | 历史故事说完了的话… |
[32:55] | Glen Babbit tells me that Dr. Curie could be | 格兰·巴比特告诉我 |
[32:57] | very forthcoming after a few glasses of Bordeaux. | 居里博士几杯葡萄酒下肚就会变得非常主动 |
[33:02] | She never let you handle any radium or polonium, did she, Alek? | 她从不让你碰镭或者钋 对吗 艾莱克 |
[33:06] | Dr. Curie didn’t want anyone to lay claim to her work. | 居里博士不希望他人插手她的工作 |
[33:09] | No. No, she let other students handle ionizing elements. | 不不 她会让其他学生处理电离物质 |
[33:14] | But she’d already buried a husband | 但她的丈夫已经亡故 |
[33:15] | and she wouldn’t expose the young Hungarian physicist | 她不愿那个与自己相爱的年轻匈牙利物理学家 |
[33:19] | who was in love with her. | 暴露在放射物中 |
[33:24] | Safety standards on the Hill | 这里的安全标准 |
[33:27] | have been approved by the Secretary of War. | 是由战争部长核准的 |
[33:30] | You can address your complaints to the Pentagon. | 你可以把你的不满寄到陆军部 |
[33:33] | No. | 不 |
[33:35] | No more bureaucrats. | 别再搞官僚作风了 |
[33:39] | Town council meets tomorrow morning. | 明早的镇会议上 |
[33:41] | People need to know you’re runningg a Potemkin clinic | 大家需要知道你的诊所是个摆设 |
[33:44] | and it’s all a lie. | 全是骗人的 |
[33:47] | Shout plutonium in a crowded theater, | 在坐满人的剧场里高声宣扬钚的危害 |
[33:50] | it won’t just be your job, Dr. Winter. | 丢掉工作的会不止你一个人 温特博士 |
[33:54] | You could find yourself in military prison. | 你会把自己送入军事大牢 |
[34:00] | Your record is six feet even. | 你的记录是一米八 |
[34:03] | I’ll wager you a half bottle of my secret cologne | 我赌上半瓶我珍藏的古龙水 |
[34:06] | you cannot make it to 10. | 你吹不到三米 |
[34:07] | Secret cologne? You smell like Marmite, Crosley. | 珍藏的古龙水 你一身酵母味 克罗斯利 |
[34:11] | I’ll take the under for two tickets to next week’s movie. | 我赌下周的两张电影票 |
[34:15] | They’re playing “This is the Army.” | 会上映《从军乐》 |
[34:20] | Jeannie loves Ronald Reagan. | 金妮很崇拜罗纳德·里根[前美国总统] |
[34:24] | Line it up. | 去准备吧 |
[34:26] | Line it up. | 准备好 |
[34:28] | – Line it up. – Line it up. | -准备好 -准备好 |
[34:37] | All right, prepared, are you? | 好了 对准了 你呢 |
[34:39] | Crosley, these are what American lungs look like. | 克罗斯利 让你看看美国人的肺有多厉害 |
[34:48] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[34:49] | Watch out, Ringling Brothers. | 悠着点 玲玲马戏团 |
[34:51] | Hold it. Hold on, hold on. Hold on, hold on. | 拿稳了 等等 等等 等等 |
[34:53] | Doc, Doc, Doc, Doc. | 医生 医生 |
[34:55] | Hey, how about a taste of your own medicine? | 要不要来尝尝你自己开的药 |
[34:58] | Uh, another time. | 下次吧 |
[35:01] | That’s the best doc in the 48 states right there. | 他是全国48个州里最好的医生 |
[35:04] | Best doc. | 最好的医生 |
[35:05] | I’m gonna need a refill on my script soon, Doc. | 我很快就需要再去抓药了 医生 |
[35:10] | – I love that guy. – What’s his name? | -我喜欢他 -他叫什么名字 |
[35:13] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[35:26] | I thought you didn’t approve. | 我以为你不赞成 |
[35:27] | Have you burning the house down? I don’t. | 你放火烧房子了吗 我依然不赞成 |
[35:29] | I’m here for your wife. | 我是为了你妻子才来的 |
[35:31] | Where is she? | 她在哪 |
[35:32] | No idea. | 不知道 |
[35:33] | This is gonna be the best piece of theater | 这会是继奥本海默上演《毒药与老妇》之后 |
[35:37] | since Oppenheimer was an Arsenic and Old Lace. | 最棒的一出戏 |
[35:39] | Dr. Winter | 温特博士 |
[35:44] | Dr. Barath paid me a visit. | 巴拉斯博士来找过我 |
[35:47] | One of Louis’ federals’ brother died fighting Rommel. | 路易的一个兄弟在与隆美尔的战争中牺牲 |
[35:50] | The other is in the Gilbert Islands, | 另一个驻扎在吉尔伯特群岛 |
[35:52] | but Louis is here on your base. | 但路易就在你的基地里 |
[35:54] | If you cut the sanctimonium for a goddame minute. | 如果你能别这样满口仁义道德 |
[35:57] | you’ll hear me say I agree with you. | 就会听见我说我同意你 |
[36:00] | Let’s take a walk. | 我们出去走走 |
[36:06] | I’ve told Army Medical our standard was unworthy of | 一个月前我就和军队医生说过 |
[36:09] | this installation a month ago. | 我们的标准与这种配置不附 |
[36:11] | We’re understaffed and Dr. Adelman’s in over his head. | 我们缺乏人手 而阿德尔曼医生力不从心 |
[36:14] | The General shot me down. | 将军否决了我 |
[36:15] | Then come back in there with me. | 那就回来和我一起 |
[36:17] | Let’s make a united front. | 形成统一战线 |
[36:19] | I need you to look at something first. | 你得先看点东西 |
[36:21] | What is this? | 是什么 |
[36:26] | Who the hell is this? | 这是谁 |
[36:28] | You didn’t hear this from me. | 你不是从我这听说的 |
[36:29] | Command calls him Magpie. | 司令部称他为麦格派 |
[36:32] | Could be a disgruntled bureaucrat | 可能是慕尼黑心怀不满的官僚 |
[36:33] | from Munich or Hitler’s gardener. | 或是希特勒的园丁 |
[36:34] | Either way, he has credible intelligence | 不管怎样 他有可靠情报 |
[36:36] | their atomic program is two months ahead of ours. | 他们的原子弹项目比我们领先了两个月 |
[36:43] | How do you know the Germans didn’t just plant him? | 你怎么知道不是德国人让他这么说的 |
[36:46] | This is Greek to me, | 这些东西对我来说就是天书 |
[36:49] | but I’m sure those equations mean something to you. | 但我相信这些公式你能看懂 |
[36:59] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[37:01] | They’re testing yields. | 他们在测试当量 |
[37:03] | What? | 什么 |
[37:06] | They’re testing a bomb. | 他们在测试炸弹 |
[37:09] | They’re more than two months ahead of us. | 他们领先我们远远不止两个月 |
[37:12] | All right, our history aside, if you go forward, | 好吧 不计前嫌 如果你继续研究 |
[37:14] | I’ll stand with you in there. | 我会站在你这边 |
[37:16] | But if we sound the alarm, | 但如果我们引起了大家的恐慌 |
[37:18] | it could be weeks until we get back to work. | 可能要好几周才能重返工作岗位 |
[37:20] | Meantime, the Krauts could get there first | 其间德国人就可能先一步成功 |
[37:23] | and none of this makes a bit of difference. | 而这一切就没有什么差别了 |
[38:05] | Hello? | 你好 |
[38:06] | You got Prince Albert in a can? | 有罐装阿尔伯特王子吗 |
[38:09] | Charlie, we’re not allowed to take personal calls. | 查理 我们不允许接私人电话 |
[38:11] | Martha checks the phone logs. | 玛莎会检查电话记录 |
[38:13] | So pick an extension. | 那就挑个分机号 |
[38:14] | Patch me through. Take the secret route. | 转接我电话 用秘密线路 |
[38:20] | Where are you? | 你在哪 |
[38:21] | You tell people not to answer that question all day long. | 你可是整天都在告诉人们不要回答这个问题 |
[38:24] | I mean, are you working? | 我是说 你在工作吗 |
[38:26] | I’m at the hotel. | 我在酒店 |
[38:28] | Must be nice. | 一定不错吧 |
[38:29] | Whisked away on a vacation. | 度假扫去一身疲惫 |
[38:31] | Someone to fluff your pillows? | 有人给你抖松枕头吗 |
[38:33] | Trust me, it’s not the Plaza. | 相信我 这可不是什么高档酒店 |
[38:41] | You still there? | 你还在吗 |
[38:42] | Yes. | 在 |
[38:45] | I just… | 我只是… |
[38:49] | I wanted to hear your voice. | 我想听你的声音 |
[38:51] | Hope you’re not too lonely, | 希望你不会太孤单 |
[38:54] | all by yourself on that business trip. | 一个人出差 |
[38:56] | I should have brought a book. | 我应该买本书的 |
[39:00] | My son bouncing off the walls? | 我儿子在家里闹翻天了吗 |
[39:03] | Actually, Joey has an earache. | 乔伊耳朵痛 |
[39:05] | He was up crying all night. | 他整晚都在哭 |
[39:06] | – It was very sad. – Abby, I’m sorry. | -可难过了 -艾比 我很抱歉 |
[39:08] | Actually, we should go. We have a doctor’s appointment. | 我们该挂了 我们预约了医生 |
[39:11] | Listen, I love you. | 听我说 我爱你 |
[39:18] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[39:26] | Get up. | 起来 |
[39:30] | From now on, I’m the only one who touches the plutonium. | 从现在起 只有我可以接触钚 |
[39:37] | You obviously can’t be trusted with our limited supply. | 显然不能放心地将我们有限的供给交给你 |
[40:03] | Oh, if it isn’t the happy honeymooners. | 多亏了这对快乐的蜜月夫妇 |
[40:05] | You’ll be pleased to hear we just got a clean bill of health | 九号建筑的储藏室已经完全符合安全标准了 |
[40:08] | on the storage room in building 9. | 你们听到一定很开心吧 |
[40:09] | Good start. | 好的开头 |
[40:10] | And we began loading rods an hour ago. | 我们一个小时前开始装载铀棒 |
[40:12] | I can see that. | 我能看出来 |
[40:13] | The reactor will be fully operational within a day. | 反应堆在一天之内就能完全运作起来 |
[40:15] | We gave you a list of 22 major hazards | 我们列出了二十二处严重危害安全的问题 |
[40:17] | to resolve before we go critical. | 让你们在临界点前解决掉 |
[40:19] | And the army intends to | 军方认为 |
[40:20] | give your list the consideration it deserves. | 他们会适当考虑你们提出的问题 |
[40:23] | – When? – Just as soon as we’re critical. | -什么时候 -一旦我们到达临界点 |
[40:26] | Now, if you’ll excuse me. | 现在失陪了我还有事 |
[40:27] | I’ve got a 300-ton block of graphite to attend to. | 我还有一块三百吨的石墨要负责 |
[40:29] | – On whose authority? – General Leslie Groves. | -谁授权的 -莱斯利·格鲁乌斯将军 |
[40:33] | He’s the mucky-muck who hired Robert Oppenheimer. | 就是他雇了罗伯特·奥本海默 |
[40:36] | Rest up. Tomorrow’s a big day for all of us. | 休息吧 明天是我们所有人的大日子 |
[40:50] | You didn’t go to the town council? | 你没去镇议会吗 |
[40:52] | There was no acetylcholinesterase activity. | 乙酰胆碱酯酶未被激活 |
[40:55] | So pesticides didn’t kill the bees | 所以蜜蜂不是被杀虫剂杀死的 |
[40:58] | and it wasn’t the army. | 不是军方干的 |
[41:01] | Maybe it was a virus. | 也许是一种病毒 |
[41:04] | A parasite. | 或是寄生虫 |
[41:07] | I ruled out infectious disease. | 我已经排除了传染病 |
[41:10] | Well, you’ll figure it out. | 你会找出原因的 |
[41:13] | You always do. | 你一向如此 |
[41:17] | Do you think it can be something from the tech area? | 你觉得是技术区那边的什么东西吗 |
[41:20] | I know you’re working with chemicals and… | 我知道你那边有化学品… |
[41:23] | what if the runoff was dumped in Ashley Pond | 要是废料被倒进了阿什利池塘 |
[41:25] | or there was a gas in the air? | 或者气体散播到空气中了呢 |
[41:32] | The safety and environmental protocols | 安全和环境条例 |
[41:34] | were vetted by experts. | 都是经过专家审核过的 |
[41:38] | I read the reports myself. | 我亲自看过报告 |
[41:42] | Frank, a bee colony doesn’t just collapse on its own. | 法兰克 蜂群不会无故全部死亡的 |
[41:47] | Well… | 好吧… |
[41:49] | wasn’t the army… | 不是军队的话 |
[41:53] | so it was phantom toxins in the tech area? | 那是技术区的幽灵毒素吗 |
[42:05] | You think this is all in my head? | 你觉得这都是我自己胡思乱想吗 |
[42:21] | Let’s find you some new bees. | 我们再给你找些蜜蜂 |