时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | Hello? | 你好吗? |
[00:20] | Hello? | 你好吗? |
[00:44] | Hello? | 你好吗? |
[00:47] | Hello? | 你好吗? |
[01:18] | Hello? | 你好吗? |
[02:26] | Medium Season 02 Episode 20 | 灵媒辑凶 |
[02:40] | Mom,next me can I pour the milk? | 妈妈,下次能让我倒牛奶吗? |
[02:42] | We’ll see,sweetie. | 可以啊,亲爱的 |
[02:44] | You have to be able to get it in the bowl. | 至少要能倒在碗里 |
[02:45] | -Ariel… -I can do that. | -我能行 |
[02:47] | I pour good. | 我倒好的 |
[02:48] | You don’t pour good, you pour well. | 不是”倒好的”,是”倒的好” |
[02:50] | Okay,so when can I start pouring? | 那好,我什么时候才能开始? |
[02:53] | As soon as they get rid of gravity. | 等到人们能够克服地球引力 |
[02:56] | First we have to promote you to cereal pouring detail. | 首先,我们让你升职倒麦片 |
[02:59] | I’m getting a promotion? | 我升职了? |
[03:00] | Starting tomorrow.We’ll start with the cereal, we’ll see how it goes.Then we’ll think about milk. | 明天开始,首先是倒麦片 作得好的话,再考虑倒牛奶 |
[03:04] | I’m getting a promotion! | 我升职了! |
[03:07] | Girls,keep it down to a dull roar. Your dad’s still sleeping. | 孩子们,安静点 爸爸还在睡觉呢 |
[03:11] | No,he’s not. | 不,他醒了 |
[03:17] | Aren’t you going to have any breakfast? | 你不吃点早餐吗? |
[03:18] | This is breakfast. | 这就是我的早餐 |
[03:21] | I got out of there ten of 2:00, | 我2点十分才回来 |
[03:23] | and what is it now– it’s 7:20. | 现在呢?才7点20分 |
[03:26] | I’ve got to be back there in 45 minutes. | 我不得不在45分钟内赶回去 |
[03:28] | It’s been over a week now like this. | 我都这样一整个星期了 |
[03:30] | No wonder you’re so tired. | 毫无疑问,你太辛苦了 |
[03:32] | They got guys working on this project in their late 20s. | 还有很多20多岁的人也在做这个工程 |
[03:35] | They’re out of there,like, 7:00,8:00 at night. | 他们晚上7点或者8点下班 |
[03:39] | They can do the work while talking on their cell phone at the same time | 他们可以边打手机边工作 |
[03:42] | that they’re checking a blog and e-mailing a friend. | 同时,边查电子邮件边看博客 |
[03:45] | I’m barely 40, | 我才40岁 |
[03:48] | and I feel like an antique. | 却觉得像个古董 |
[03:51] | Well,that’s crazy. You’ve been there nine years. | 那不是真的,你已经在那9年了 |
[03:53] | You have more experience than anyone else. | 你比任何人更有经验 |
[03:55] | Yeah,I cost them more than anyone else,too. | 对,我的付出也比任何人多 |
[03:59] | I just… I can’t shake the feeling that this project is some kind of a bake-off. | 我只是不能摆脱这个项目的感觉 就象一个厨艺比赛 |
[04:04] | That when it’s all done, the winner is going to get a pat on the back, | 当一切都结束 胜者赢得掌声 |
[04:06] | the loser’s going to get shown out the door. | 败者一无所有 |
[04:09] | What do you mean loser? | 为什么说”败者”? |
[04:11] | It’s a project, not a contest. | 这是个项目,不是竞赛 |
[04:13] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道? |
[04:14] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[04:16] | Well,okay then. I work there. I do. | 那就对了 我是当事人,我知道 |
[04:22] | I feel like I never see you. | 我感觉总是见不到你 |
[04:24] | That’s because you never do see me. | 那是因为你从来 没有真正见到我 |
[04:30] | I don’t get a kiss? | 你不和我吻别? |
[04:33] | Huh? | 啊? |
[04:34] | Nothing.I’ll see you tonight, or whenever. | 没什么,晚上见 或者,随便 |
[04:40] | -sir? -Yep. | – 长官? – 怎么 |
[04:42] | I have those parole applications you asked me to take a look at. | 这些是你让我看的假释申请 |
[04:45] | Great. Anything in there jump out at you? | 很好 这里面有值得注意的吗? |
[04:47] | Not really. | 没有 |
[04:48] | Just a collection of horrible human beings looking for a little mercy | 只是一群罪有应得的人在寻求怜悯 |
[04:51] | despite the fact that they had none for their victims. | 然而他们对被害人 却没有一丝怜悯 |
[04:54] | Yeah,today is the day. Parole board hearings. Yahoo. | 的确,日复一日 假释申请听证会 |
[04:58] | Nothing like spending time in a concrete bunker listening to a bunch of vermin swear | 就象在混凝土掩体里听害虫们起誓 |
[05:01] | that they’ve seen the light,found the way, | 他们看到了光明,发现了正道 |
[05:03] | and if only you’ll let them out into society they’ll cure cancer and | 只要让他们回归社会 他们能治愈癌症 |
[05:06] | make the world safe for old ladies and orphans. | 让老人和孤儿在这个世界更安全 |
[05:10] | Care to come with? | 想一块去吗? |
[05:16] | Is there a problem? | 有问题吗? |
[05:17] | Oh,no. I just have to pick up my girls from school. | 不,我只是得去接女儿 |
[05:20] | Joe’s been working crazy hours on this project. | Joe现在整天忙他的项目 |
[05:22] | That shouldn’t be a problem. This will only take a couple hours. | 没问题,这只需要一两个小时 |
[05:28] | so how does this work? | 这个过程是怎样的? |
[05:29] | It’s pretty cut and dried. The prisoner is announced by the parole board. | 很固定,假释委员会宣布 |
[05:32] | He’s given an opportunity to make his statement– express remorse for his crimes. | 囚犯有一次机会陈述 对所犯罪行表示忏悔 |
[05:36] | Once the board has her his request, they’ll ask if we have any objections. | 当委员会收到申请 会询问我们是否有异议 |
[05:42] | Tell us about the crime you committed,mr. Cosgrove. | 谈一下你犯下的罪行 Cosgrove先生 |
[05:46] | I shot my wife. | 我枪杀了我妻子 |
[05:50] | You shot her 16 times,mr. Cosgrove, in the back. | 你从身后射了她16枪 |
[05:54] | You killed her. | 你杀了她 |
[05:57] | What the board needs to determine at this time | 委员会此时要弄清 |
[05:59] | is do you regret that you committed this crime? | 你是否对罪行感到后悔 |
[06:03] | I do,sir.I regret it every day of my life. | 我后悔,先生 我每天都后悔 |
[06:06] | I’m a very different man from the one who arrived here ten years ago. | 自从来到这里 我已经不是10年前的我了 |
[06:10] | I work hard to be a better person. I gave my life over to the lord. | 我努力成为一个好人 将我的一生献给主 |
[06:15] | Would the state care to comment? | 听证人有什么意见吗? |
[06:19] | Due to the heinous nature of this crime, | 鉴于该罪行的恶劣性质 |
[06:21] | as well as to the fact that,to my recollection, | 加之我所了解到的事实 |
[06:23] | this prisoner has never shown any remorse before this hearing, | 在此次听证会之前 这个囚犯并没有表现出任何忏悔 |
[06:27] | the state would ask that parole be denied at this time. | 听证人要求否决这次假释申请 |
[06:31] | The board is inclined to agree. Parole is denied. | 委员会同意 否决假释申请 |
[06:34] | Don’t worry,just onmore to go. | 别担心,只剩最后一个 |
[06:36] | The board will now consider the petition of mr. Sam elkin. | 委员会现在开始Sam Elkin的申请听证 |
[06:41] | You’ve served five years of a life sentence, | 你被判无期并已服刑5年 |
[06:42] | and this is the first time you’ve been eligible to appear before the parole board,correct? | 这是你第一次有资格 进行假释听证,对吗? |
[06:47] | Yes,sir. That’s correct,sir. | 是的,先生 是这样的,先生 |
[06:50] | Tell us about your crime,mr. Elkin. | 谈谈你的罪行,Elkin先生 |
[06:54] | Mr. Elkin? | Elkin先生? |
[06:57] | You know what I did. | 你知道我做了什么 |
[07:00] | It’s important that we hear it from you. | 我们要听你说出来 这很重要 |
[07:05] | I guess I kidnapped my girlfriend… | 我想我绑架了我的女友 |
[07:08] | my ex-girlfriend. | 前女友 |
[07:12] | We broke up about a month before… | 在我绑架她的一个月前 我们分手了 |
[07:14] | she broke up– it was her idea. | 她提出的,那是她的意思 |
[07:19] | I wait for her in her car. I had a key. | 我在车上等她 我有她的钥匙 |
[07:22] | She used to let me use it. Anyway,I waited for her. | 她以前给我用的 不管怎样,我在等她 |
[07:27] | I knew she’d be going out. It was tuesday. | 我知道她会外出 那是星期二 |
[07:30] | She always went out on tuesdays. | 她每个星期二都会外出 |
[07:35] | I forced her to drive out into the desert. | 我强迫她开进沙漠 |
[07:37] | And once we were there, | 到那之后 |
[07:40] | we… we did it. | 我们…做了 |
[07:44] | I… I made her do it. | 我强迫她的 |
[07:47] | When we were done,I just, | 之后,我就 |
[07:50] | uh,started choking her. | 呃,我开始她 |
[07:53] | She was tiny. It didn’t take long. | 她很瘦小,没撑多久 |
[07:58] | It was almost morning by then, | 这时已经快早上了 |
[08:00] | so I drove her car back into the city with her dead body in the passenger seat. | 所以我把她的车开城里 她的尸体就放在后坐上 |
[08:06] | Pulled into a busy car wash on bell road. | 开到Bell路上一家洗车场 |
[08:11] | The kind with two lanes– one where they clean the inside, | 两条道那种 一条是内部清洁 |
[08:15] | and an express where the car just goes through unattended and they clean the outside. | 另一条可以在外面自动清洗 |
[08:21] | Once the car was inside the wash, | 当车在里面洗的时候 |
[08:23] | I,uh,just turned and walked away. | 我…转身离开了 |
[08:38] | that’s what you needed to hear,right? | 这就是你想要听到的? |
[08:43] | It’s my understanding that until you became eligible for parole this month, | 椐我所知 你在这个月有资格以前 |
[08:46] | you repeatedly denied committing any of these crimes. | 你一直否认这些控诉 |
[08:50] | Uh,yes,sir. | 是的,先生 |
[08:52] | And I regret that,sir. | 我对此很后悔 |
[08:55] | Mr. District attorney? | 检察官先生 |
[09:00] | While I am moved to finally hear mr. Elkin admit to these heinous acts, | 当听到Elkin承认这些恶劣的行为 我被感动了 |
[09:03] | I can’t help but be suspicious of his motives. | 我情不自禁 但怀疑他的动机 |
[09:06] | Mr. Elkin is,after all,well aware that taking responsibility for his crimes | 但Elkin十分清楚 对所犯罪行负责 |
[09:10] | is a condition of his parole eligibility. | 是获得假释资格的条件 |
[09:13] | Perhaps his apology and remorse will carry more weight | 或许又一个5年之后 |
[09:16] | when he has another five years to sleep on them. | 他的歉意和忏悔才更有分量 |
[09:29] | hello? | 你好吗? |
[10:09] | I’m lonely. | 我很孤独 |
[10:11] | Hi,lonely. My name’s joe. | 你好,孤独 我叫joe |
[10:14] | So what do you think? What are the chances i’ll see you before today becomes tomorrow? | 你觉得在今天变成明天以前 我还有机会见到你吗? |
[10:19] | Uh,you wouldn’t happen to know what the temperature in hell is,would you? | 你还不知道地狱的温度如何 对吗? |
[10:22] | You haven’t heard anything about a big freeze,maybe? | 可能你还没有听说那里结冰的消息 是吗? |
[10:25] | They didn’t mention it on the news,no. | 新闻没播 |
[10:28] | Mm. Then I’m probably going to be here for a while. | 恩,我可能会去那一段时间 |
[10:34] | talk to me. Tell me about your day. | 和我说说你今天做了什么 |
[10:37] | I sat in on a parole hearing today. | 我参加了一个假释听证会 |
[10:42] | Heard this guy confess that he killed his girlfriend. | 听一个人忏悔杀了女友 |
[10:45] | I got this strong feeling that he didn’t do it. | 我有一种强烈的感觉 他没有做 |
[10:48] | And? | 然后? |
[10:50] | And I just had a dream about him kissing this woman. | 我做了一个梦 他吻这个女孩 |
[10:54] | -The dead girlfriend? -Someone else. | – 他死去的女友? – 别的女人 |
[10:57] | You know what I think?I think you’ve got kissing on the brain. | 你知道我怎么想吗? 我想有人吻了你的大脑 |
[11:02] | No one’s kissed me on the brain,or anywhere else for that matter,for quite some time. | 已经很长时间 没人亲我的大脑,或别的任何地方了 |
[11:07] | Oops. | 诶呀 |
[11:08] | I think break time is over. | 我想我的休息时间过了 |
[11:11] | -Love you,too. -Love you,three. | 我爱你 我更爱你 |
[11:37] | whatever you want, you’re going to have to do it yourself. | 不论你想干什么 只能自己动手 |
[11:42] | Not funny. | 不好笑 |
[11:44] | When did you get in? | 你什么时候进来的? |
[11:46] | I don’t know.I couldn’t bear to look at the clock. | 我不知道 我累得没法看表了 |
[11:51] | I really have to get some sleep. | 我真的要睡了 |
[11:54] | I just found out the client’s coming in tomorrow at 3:00 for an update. | 我刚知道明天3点 客户会过来看进度 |
[11:59] | -Oh,crap. -What? | -糟糕了 -什么? |
[12:01] | Did we ever get my suit pants fixed after the cuff came unraveled at christmas? | 圣诞节我的西装袖口裂开后 我们有去修过吗? |
[12:07] | “We”? If by “we,” | “我们”? 假如“我们”指我的话 |
[12:09] | you really mean “me,” then no. | 那么答案是没有 |
[12:12] | “We” didn’t know about your cuff. | “我们”不知道你的袖口怎么了 |
[12:14] | Okay,forget it. I’ll wear shorts and a t-shirt. | 算了,我明天穿短裤和汗衫 |
[12:17] | I can go straight from the meeting to unemployment and then directly | 我会在会议后被解雇,然后 |
[12:20] | to the car wash to look for a job. | 直接去洗车场找份工作 |
[12:29] | hey… there is a tailor | 嘿… 我知道有个裁缝 |
[12:32] | who works at the mall by city hall who does alterations while you wait. | 他在市政厅旁的商场工作 她可以帮你改袖口 |
[12:36] | I can drop them off first thing and pick them up at lunch. | 我可以一早拿去 然后中午拿回来 |
[12:43] | On second thought, bring those brains of yours over here. | 重新考虑了一下 把你的大脑拿过来 |
[12:47] | I think I do feel like kissing them. | 我真想亲亲它 |
[13:03] | No,I just felt him there, | 不,我只是感觉他在那 |
[13:04] | and he was standing over my bed, just looming there. | 站在我床边 海市蜃楼一样 |
[13:08] | And then he leaned down… and then he kissed me. | 然后他低头吻了我 |
[13:17] | you’d better not be playing solitaire on that computer. | 你最好不要在这台 电脑上玩纸牌游戏 |
[13:19] | It’s almost 2:00. You’re cutting it close. | 快两点了,你掐得真准 |
[13:23] | You’re welcome. | 别客气 |
[13:24] | I’m sorry. There was a thank you in there. You just didn’t hear it. | 不好意思,我的意思是谢谢 但是你没有那么理解 |
[13:27] | Well,you’re right. I’m running late. | 你是对的,我来得太晚了点 |
[13:33] | The strangest thing happened to me on the way over here. | 在我来的路上 发生了一些奇怪的事情 |
[13:36] | I saw this woman. | 我看见了那个女人 |
[13:38] | She looked just like that girl i’ve been seeing in my dreams–the one who keeps getting kissed? | 她看起来就象我梦见的 和那个男人接吻的那个 |
[13:43] | She was going up an escalator. I was going down. | 他坐电梯上去 我刚好下来 |
[14:00] | Geez. | 哎呀 |
[14:02] | There’s no reason some stranger in a mall should be getting all the action. | 商场里的陌生人 不该抢了风头 |
[14:07] | I’m sorry i haven’t been around. Thank you for lunch. | 很抱歉我不在你身边 谢谢你的午餐 |
[14:11] | You tip all the delivery people that way, or was that special for me? | 你用这种方法付快递员小费 还是专门为我? |
[14:19] | forgive me,mr. Dubois. | 原谅我,Dubois先生 |
[14:20] | I just wanted to remind you we’re going to be leaving in approximately 30 minutes. | 我只是想提醒你 离动身还有半个小时 |
[14:24] | I’m all over it,edrick. | 我准备好了,Edrick |
[14:25] | I’m just going to grab a bite to eat, and then I’m going to change. | 我先吃点东西 然后马上换衣服 |
[14:28] | Edrick,this is my wife,allison. Allison,this is edrick, | Edrick,这是我的太太Allison Allison,这是Edrick |
[14:31] | who is single-handedly making it tough for mere mortals like me | 他一手造成了像我这样的凡人 |
[14:35] | to have to work anything less than a 24-hour day. | 必须每天工作不低于24小时 |
[14:40] | Joe… | |
[14:43] | I need your help… | 我需要你帮忙 |
[14:47] | Allison? | |
[14:56] | edrick? | |
[14:57] | First generation american. | 第一代美国人 (指父母都是移民) |
[14:59] | My parents didn’t speak much english when I was born,but they loved american names. | 我出生的时候父母不太会英文 但是他们喜欢美国名字 |
[15:03] | Couldn’t decide between ed and rick. | 他们在Ed和Rick之间难以取舍 |
[15:05] | Ed-rick. | |
[15:07] | Nice meeting you, mrs. Dubois. | 很高兴见到你Dubois夫人 |
[15:09] | -Thirty… -minutes. | -分钟 |
[15:12] | I’m counting the seconds. | 我会精确到秒的 |
[15:14] | The elkin case? | Elkin的案子? |
[15:15] | Sam elkin? Why would you want to revisit the elkin case? | 为什么你想翻查elkin的案子? |
[15:18] | It’s five years old.The case is closed. The accused man confessed. | 已经5年了,案子已经了结 被告都认罪了 |
[15:22] | Call me old-fashioned, but if you want to revisit old cases, | 你可以说我老古板 但如果你想翻查旧案 |
[15:25] | I’d certainly prefer that you find one that’s unsolved | 我希望你能查一个未破的案子 |
[15:27] | and where the guilty party isn’t already behind bars. | 并且当事人还没进监狱的 |
[15:28] | I told you yesterday i felt strongly | 我昨天告诉过你 我有很强烈的感觉 |
[15:30] | i’m star to regret king you to come with. Tat.D I told you yesterday i complete agree. | 我开始后悔昨天带你去 昨天已经告诉过你我完全同意 |
[15:34] | He was lying…about feeling badly, about being filled with remorse, | 他在撒谎… 关于感觉后悔,充满内疚 |
[15:37] | abouhis supposed concern for amanda crane’s friends and family. | 假装关心Amanda Crane的朋友和亲人 |
[15:41] | -I have court. -Mr. District attorney… | -我还要开庭 -检察官… |
[15:44] | -allison,look at the coroner’s report. -I did. | -Allison,去查查验尸官的报告 -我看过了 |
[15:47] | Then you know that elkin’s sperm was still inside the victim when we recovered her body. | 那么你该知道当我们找到被害人尸体 的时候Elkin的精液还在她体内 |
[15:51] | There’s got to be something more than just your sense that this man wasn’t being truthful. | 除了你的直觉,肯定还有些什么 告诉你这个人没有说实话 |
[15:56] | I’ve been having this dream… | 我做了个梦 |
[15:58] | This wom not the victim– she’s lying in bed in the dark. | 一个女人,不是被害人 她在黑暗中躺在一张床上 |
[16:01] | Her lover comes up and steals a kiss. | 她的爱人走过来 偷吻了她 |
[16:02] | Sounds romantic. | 听起来很浪漫 |
[16:04] | Up until last night, the man had no face. | 昨晚之前那个人都没有面容 |
[16:07] | Now I see it’s sam elkin. | 现在我看到了,那是Elkin |
[16:09] | I’m not sure I know what that means. | 我不确定是否理解其中的含义 |
[16:10] | I’m not sure I know what it means,either, but I actually saw this woman today, | 我也不确定 但我今天实际上看到了那个女人 |
[16:14] | a block away from here at the mall. | 离这儿一个街区,在商场 |
[16:17] | Seems to me there must be some reason i’m dreaming these dreams, | 我做这个梦肯定有原因 |
[16:20] | some reason i met elkin yesterday, | 昨天我见到Elkin是有原因的 |
[16:22] | some reason I crossed paths with this woman today. | 我和那个女人擦肩而过也是有原因的 |
[16:28] | Go talk to scanlon.If the two of you can find something in the file worth looking at… | 去和Scanlon说吧,假如你们 能在文件里找到任何有价值的东西 |
[16:31] | thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[16:46] | Excuse me,uh,I’m looking for detective lee scanlon. | 不好意思,呃 我在找Scanlon探员 |
[16:49] | That’s his desk over there. Must have stepped out for a second. | 那是他的桌子 他可能走开了一会 |
[17:09] | ExcuseE. | 打扰了 |
[17:10] | Uh,you look a bit upset. My name’s,uh,allison dubois. | 你看起来不太好 我是Allison Dubois |
[17:14] | I work with the district attorney’s office. | 我在检查官办公室工作 |
[17:15] | I was wondering if I can be of some kind of help to you. | 我有什么能帮忙的 |
[17:18] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[17:20] | I’ve been waiting to see a detective since early this morning. | 我从早上开始就在这里等着见探员 |
[17:23] | I came here with a friend. We waited for an hour and a half, | 我和我朋友一起来的 我们等了一个半小时 |
[17:25] | then they told us to go away for an hour. So we took a walk around the mall,came back. | 然后他们要我们等一个小时再回来 所以我和我朋友去商场转了一圈 |
[17:29] | Then they said it would be another two to three hours. | 然后他们说还得等2到3个小时 |
[17:32] | My friend finally had to leave. I’m missing a day’s work. | 最后我朋友先走了而我旷了一天工 |
[17:36] | You know what? I work with one of the detectives here. | 我和这里的一个探员一起工作 |
[17:39] | Let me see if I can’t get him to talk to you. | 看看能否找他来和你谈 |
[17:41] | Oh,thanks. That would be great. | 谢谢,那太好了 |
[17:53] | I’m sorry,miss…? | 对不起,您叫? |
[17:55] | Walsh. | |
[17:56] | Kathleen walsh. I’m not married. | 未婚 |
[17:59] | Mrs. Dubois explained you’ve been waiting a long while.What can we help you with? | Dubois女士告诉我你等了很久 有什么能帮你吗? |
[18:02] | Well,I should tell you, I called the police yesterday morning. | 我想说,我昨天早上 就给警察打过电话 |
[18:05] | They came by my house,but… | 他们来了我家,但是… |
[18:06] | start from the beginning. Tell us what happened. | 从头开始,告诉我们发生了什么? |
[18:10] | Six months ago,i moved to phoenix– | 6个月以前,我搬到凤凰城 |
[18:12] | just before the start of the school year. I teach music. | 就在开学前,我教音乐课 |
[18:16] | Anyway,I found this wonderful apartment for very little money. | 总之,我找到一个便宜又好的房子 |
[18:21] | But shortly after i settled in, I began to hear noises… | 我住进去不久 就开始听到一些噪音 |
[18:25] | only at night. | 只在晚上 |
[18:27] | They’d start just as I was getting ready for bed. | 从我准备就寝开始 |
[18:34] | Do you have any pets? | 你有宠物吗? |
[18:35] | A cat– boots. | 一只猫,叫Boots |
[18:39] | But I’ve had him,like,forever. He doesn’t make these sounds. | 这只猫跟了我很久了 它从来没有弄出过这样的声音 |
[18:42] | Okay,so you heard there sounds… | 好,所以你听到一些声音 |
[18:44] | yeah. I would call out, but no one would answer. | 我问是谁 但是没有人回答我 |
[18:47] | Uh,this would happen… | 呃,这样的事情 |
[18:49] | like,three,maybe four times a week. | 每个星期会发生3-4次 |
[18:51] | So what’d you do? | 那么你怎么办? |
[18:52] | I didn’t think that there was anything to do. | 我不认为我能做什么 |
[18:55] | I wasn’t certain that there was anything really there… | 我不确定那里是否真的有些什么 |
[18:58] | so frankly,for a long time,I did nothing. | 所以,坦白说我一直什么都没有做 |
[19:02] | But then the noises started to change. | 但是噪音开始变了 |
[19:04] | What do you mean? Change how? | 什么意思?怎么变? |
[19:07] | Well,there was this clicking sound. | 有一些滴答声 |
[19:09] | Clicking? | 滴答声? |
[19:15] | -a camera. -Huh? | -照相机? -什么? |
[19:17] | I was wondering if you thought it sounded like a camera. | 我的意思是,你是否认为 噪音听起来像照相机 |
[19:22] | Um… I don’t know. | 呃,我不知道 |
[19:24] | Okay. Whatever it was, there’s this new sound. | 好,不论那是什么 有一种新声音 |
[19:26] | And I ignored that for a while,too. | 我曾经有段时间也忽略了它 |
[19:29] | But then two nights ago… | 但是两个晚上以前 |
[19:31] | I felt him there… | 我感觉到他在那里… |
[19:34] | close. | 很近 |
[19:36] | He was standing over the bed. | 他站在我的床边 |
[19:39] | Forgive me for asking,but how do you know that?How do you know he was there? | 原谅我打断你, 但是你怎么知道他在那里? |
[19:51] | Stand up. | 站起来 |
[19:53] | Excuse me? | 对不起? |
[19:55] | Would you stand up,please? | 能请你站起来吗? |
[20:01] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼睛 |
[20:15] | Any questions? | 有问题么 |
[20:19] | No. | 没有 |
[20:36] | and then? | 然后呢 |
[20:39] | He kissed me. | 他吻了我 |
[20:44] | So what’d you do? | 那么你怎么做了 |
[20:45] | I screamed. | 我尖叫了 |
[20:48] | And then he was gone. | 然后他就走了 |
[20:49] | And then i called the police, | 我叫了警察 |
[20:52] | and then the police came over. And then– | 警察来了 然后―― |
[20:55] | I have no way of proving this… | 我无法证实… |
[20:57] | but I think they laughed at me. | 但我认为他们嘲笑我 |
[20:59] | Whoa,hold it,you’re… I want to make sure i’ve got this right. | 等等,你… 我要确认我弄清楚这点 |
[21:02] | You’re not alleging that this guy raped you, struck you,fondled you? | 你不是说这家伙强暴,袭击了你 把你绑起来,是不是? |
[21:06] | A man broke into my apartment… | 一个男人闯进了我的公寓 |
[21:09] | and he kissed me. | 然后吻了我 |
[21:14] | miss walsh… | 沃尔什小姐… |
[21:14] | you’re going to tell me to change the locks, | 你会说让我换锁 |
[21:17] | move in with a friend… | 和朋友住… |
[21:20] | buy a big dog? | 买一条大狗? |
[21:24] | Can I see you,allison,uh… | 我能和你谈谈么,Allison |
[21:27] | in private for one second? | 私下里,就一会儿? |
[21:32] | -What are you doing to me? -What am I doing to you? | – 你想对我怎样 – 我想对你怎样? |
[21:35] | Shouldn’t the question be what are you gonna do for that woman? | 问题该是 “你要对那女人怎样?” |
[21:37] | Uh,no. I don’t think so. | 不,我不这样认为 |
[21:38] | What is your problem? She’s clearly being victimized. | 你怎么了 她分明是受害了 |
[21:41] | She came to you for help. | 她来你这儿寻求帮助 |
[21:42] | Victimized? | 受害? |
[21:44] | A man keeps breaking into her apartment. | 一个男人一直试图闯进她的公寓 |
[21:46] | -Maybe. -No. Not maybe. | – 也许 – 不,没有也许 |
[21:48] | Based on what she’s telling me, | 基于她告诉我的情况 |
[21:50] | the police who went into her apartment couldn’t find any evidence of a break in. | 进入她公寓的警察 找不到任何闯入的证据 |
[21:53] | -And obviously,there’s no witnesses. -She is a witness. | – 而且显然没有目击者 – 她就是目击者 |
[21:55] | I don’t think so. To what? | 我不这样认为 目击了什么? |
[21:57] | To the breaking and entering. | 破门和闯入 |
[21:59] | Well it doesn’t actually appear as though there was any breaking. | 事实上没有任何破门的迹象 |
[22:02] | Which would lead me to suspect that there probably wasn’t any real entering,either. | 这让我怀疑也没有任何闯入 |
[22:05] | So what do you want me to do? | 那么你要我做什么? |
[22:06] | -Protect her. -From what? | – 保护她 -免受谁的伤害? |
[22:08] | This dangerous band of marauders and thieves who may have broken into her place and stolen,what,a kiss? | 闯入她家窃取了一个吻的 那伙危险的强盗,小偷? |
[22:13] | What are you so hot about? You don’t even know this lady? | 你这么热心干什么? 你甚至不认识这个女人 |
[22:16] | Didn’t you just tell me you met her ten minutes ago? | 你不是告诉我 十分钟前才见到她吗? |
[22:18] | I know what she’s telling us is true– I saw it. | 我知道她说的是真的 我看见了 |
[22:21] | Oh,you were there? | 哦,你在那儿? |
[22:26] | And I saw something else,too. | 我也看到了一些别的 |
[22:29] | A man who’s serving a life sentence for a murder that i don’t think he did, | 一个因为谋杀被判终生监禁的男人 我认为他没做过 |
[22:33] | he was the person doing the kissing. | 他就是吻她的那个人 |
[22:34] | You’re not making much sense, if the guy’s still in prison. | 如果那人还在监狱 这就说不通 |
[22:37] | I know,it doesn’t make a lot of sense to me either. | 我也觉得这说不通 |
[22:45] | What do you want me to do,allison? | 你要我怎么做,Allison |
[22:53] | ms. Walsh…you ever heard of a man named sam elkin? | Walsh小姐,你听说过一个 叫萨姆・厄尔金的人吗? |
[22:58] | No. Doesn’t ring a bell. Why? | 没听说过,怎么? |
[23:01] | Uh,never mind. No big deal. | 别介意,没什么大不了 |
[23:03] | I’ve conferred with mrs. Dubois here | 我和Dubois夫人协商过了 |
[23:05] | and we’ve decided to post a visible police presence right outside your building. | 我们决定在你房子外面 你的视线范围内安排警察 |
[23:09] | They’ll be there 24 hours a day, and if anyone comes in or out,they’ll see it. | 他们一天24小时守在那里 如果有人进出,他们看得到 |
[23:13] | Additionally,we’ll set up a direct phone link to your apartment. | 此外我们会安装一条 直通你的公寓的电话线 |
[23:17] | If anyone does come in, you just pick up that phone and we’re there. | 如果有人闯进来了 你只要拿起电话,我们就赶到 |
[23:21] | Wow. That’s great. | 哇,这太好了 |
[23:23] | I was just hoping that maybe you could send someone over to take a second look. | 我只是希望也许 你们可以派人来再看一看 |
[23:27] | Really? | 真的? |
[23:31] | I wouldn’t hear of it. | 我不想听这个 |
[23:33] | This kissing thing, that’s not something i want to play around with. | 那个亲吻事件 我可不想纠缠于这种事 |
[23:36] | Well,thank you. | 好吧,谢谢你 |
[23:40] | And thank you,mrs. Dubois. | 也谢谢你 Dubois夫人 |
[23:42] | Oh,no,it’s nothing. That’s what we’re here for. | 这没什么 这就是我们在这儿的原因 |
[23:45] | Absolutely. That is what we’re here for. | 绝对,我们来这儿就是为了这个 |
[23:54] | Hello? | 谁? |
[23:57] | Hello? | 谁? |
[24:00] | Are you here? | 你在吗? |
[24:05] | Are you watching me? | 你在看着我吗? |
[24:11] | hey. | 嗨 |
[24:13] | You’re home, and it’s not even 12:00. | 你到家了,还不到12点 |
[24:19] | Will wonders never cease? | 奇迹无穷尽 |
[24:21] | you’d almost think that I lived here. | 你几乎就相信我住在这了 |
[24:28] | I missed you. | 我想你 |
[24:30] | I hate waking up and having dreams and not having you to share them with. | 我讨厌从梦中惊醒 而身边没有你 |
[24:36] | Well,good. | 哦 很好 |
[24:37] | Because I suspect that pretty soon, | 因为我不久就怀疑了 |
[24:41] | not only will i be around during the middle of the night, | 我不仅仅深夜时在这儿 |
[24:44] | but quite possibly during the day,as well. | 很有可能白天也在 |
[24:48] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[24:50] | Well,we went to see the client today, | 嗯 我们今天见了客户 |
[24:53] | and it’s like i was invisible. | 我就好像是个透明人 |
[24:56] | Nobody really wanted to hear from me. | 没人听我的 |
[24:58] | It was the edrick show. All day,all the time. | 就是Edrick的个人表演 每时每刻 |
[25:05] | You know,the guy’s been an engineer for 15 minutes, | 那家伙只做过15分钟的工程师 |
[25:08] | but it’s like he’s galileo the way they hang on his every word. | 但好像他是伽利略 他们对他言听计从 |
[25:12] | Honey… | 宝贝… |
[25:13] | and not just… | 不仅仅… |
[25:17] | not just the client, | 不仅仅是客户 |
[25:19] | but the senior guys from our frm,as well. | 还有我们公司的高层 |
[25:22] | I know thaok. | 我知道 |
[25:24] | I used to get that look. | 我得到过那种眼神 |
[25:26] | That’s the “you’re the future of this company” look. | 那种“你是公司的未来”的眼神 |
[25:30] | Hmm,I think you’re exaggerating. I met edrick. | 我觉得你夸大了事实 我见过Edrick |
[25:33] | He bows at your feet. He worships you. | 他对你顶礼膜拜,他崇拜你 |
[25:36] | He’s got me lined up in his crosshairs. | 他的准星瞄准我了 |
[25:39] | he covets my parking space. | 他对我的车位垂涎三尺 |
[25:42] | He lusts after the senior vice president nameplate on my office door. | 他渴望我办公室门上的 高级副总裁标牌 |
[25:49] | He pines for my four extra vacation days a year. | 他渴望我每年四天的额外假期 |
[25:54] | And you know what the surprising part is | 你知道最奇怪的是什么 |
[26:00] | I don’t think i really give a damn. | 我一点也不在乎 |
[26:05] | It’s good to be home. | 回家就好 |
[26:10] | And you? | 你呢? |
[26:11] | Any more kissing dreams? | 继续做被吻的梦? |
[26:14] | Mm,the kissing has stopped. There is no kissing. | 亲吻的梦停了 没有人吻我 |
[26:19] | No real clarity,either. | 感觉也不是很明显 |
[26:37] | interview elkin again? | 再去见Elkin? |
[26:40] | -Whatever for? -I’ve been having these dreams. | – 为了什么呢? – 我一直在做这些梦 |
[26:42] | Allison… | |
[26:44] | all of them are very similar. | 它们都很相似 |
[26:47] | Up until last night,I thought they were about this blind woman,kathleen walsh, | 直到昨晚,我都认为只是 关于那个盲女人Kathleen Walsh |
[26:51] | being kissed by a man who has no features, being kissed by sam elkin. | 被一个没有外貌特征的男人吻了 或被Sam Elkin吻了 |
[26:55] | But then last night, I had the same dream, | 但昨晚我做了同样的梦 |
[26:58] | set in the same place, but kathleen is gone. | 在同样的地方,但Kathlee不在那 |
[27:04] | Elkin’s dead girlfriend, amanda crane,is in her place. | Elkin死去的女友 Amanda Crane取代了她的位置 |
[27:07] | And this suggests? | 这表明? |
[27:09] | I don’t know,but I’d like to try and find out. | 我不知道,但我想努力找出答案 |
[27:13] | I don’t have it, and I couldn’t do it. | 我不行,我做不到 |
[27:17] | I left here at 10:30 last night. | 我昨晚10点半离开这里 |
[27:19] | No matter how much I try, I can’t design with my eyes closed. | 无论如何尝试 我不能闭上眼睛做设计 |
[27:24] | The drawings,the silicone diode– I don’t have them,I’m still working on them. | 这些图样,二氧化硅 我还在努力 |
[27:28] | Sorry,kid. | 抱歉,孩子 |
[27:32] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[27:35] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[27:36] | All my work. | 我的工作 |
[27:38] | I sent it down to qc, double-check the specs. | 我把图纸送去质量控制部 复查一下检测标准 |
[27:42] | None of it checked out. | 没有一份检查合格 |
[27:44] | The quality control guys called it gibberish. | 负责质量控制的人把它叫做垃圾 |
[27:52] | It’s only a matter of time before everyone upstairs hears about it. | 楼上的每个人知道这件事 只是时间问题 |
[28:01] | I need your help,mr. Dubois. | 我需要你的帮助,Dubois先生 |
[28:20] | so what’d I do? | 那么我该怎么做? |
[28:21] | Well,that’s what I was hoping to figure out. | 好吧,那就是我要搞清楚的 |
[28:25] | I don’t know if you remember me. My name’s allison dubois. | 我不清楚你是否记得我 我的名字叫Allison Dubois |
[28:28] | I work with the district attorney’s office. | 我在检察官办公室工作 |
[28:30] | I was here for your parole hearing the other day. Sat right over there. | 我在你听证会那天来过这里 就坐在那儿 |
[28:36] | You waiting for a thank you? | 你等着我说谢谢你? |
[28:39] | It’s gonna be a long wait. | 你慢慢等吧 |
[28:44] | Well,no,I’m not here for a thank you. | 不,我来这儿不是要你谢我 |
[28:46] | I’d just like to get some questions answered. | 我只是想你回答一些问题 |
[28:49] | Well,I don’t know. Depends on the questions. | 好吧,我不知道 要看问题是什么了 |
[28:53] | I mean,what’s in it for me? | 我的意思是 等待我的结局是什么 |
[28:56] | Looks like I’m gonna be in here the rest of my life. | 看来我的余生都要在这儿度过了 |
[28:59] | I’m not what you’d call highly incentivized. | 我不会兴高采烈 |
[29:02] | Okay,well,let’s start with an easy one then. | 好,那么我们就从简单的说起 |
[29:05] | Why did you sit there the other day | 你那天为什么坐在那 |
[29:08] | and plead forgiveness for a crime that you didn’t commit? | 为你没有犯过的罪行祈求宽恕? |
[29:13] | I mean,I know your lawyer must have told you | 我的意思是 我知道你的律师肯定告诉过你 |
[29:15] | your only chance of parole was for you to come in and sit there and tell the board what they wanted to hear, | 你唯一的假释机会就是进来坐在那 告诉委员会他们想听的 |
[29:21] | but I’m here to tell you, | 但我来这儿是为了告诉你 |
[29:23] | I strongly suspect that you did not commit that crime. | 我强烈怀疑你没有做过 |
[29:29] | Now,I’m not on the board,and I’m with the district attorney’s office, | 我不是委员会的 我代表检察官办公室 |
[29:32] | but I’m no attorney, so I can’t really promise you anything. | 但我不是检察官 所以我不能向你作任何许诺 |
[29:37] | But if you have a story to tell, | 但如果你想说什么 |
[29:39] | I would like to hear it. | 我很乐意听听 |
[29:42] | And if I believe you, | 如果我相信你 |
[29:45] | I will do everything I can to be sure that everyone listens. | 我将竭尽所能 让每个人都听听你的陈述 |
[29:54] | I loved amanda crane. | 我爱Amanda Crane |
[29:57] | She was a college girl, I was a guy who fixed cars. | 她是个大学生 我是个修车的 |
[30:02] | Her friends didn’t think much of me. | 她的朋友看不起我 |
[30:04] | Her family didn’t think much of me. | 她的家人也看不起我 |
[30:07] | But I loved her. | 但是我爱她 |
[30:09] | We went together for months. | 我们曾谈了几个月的恋爱 |
[30:12] | Used to spend almost every day together. | 几乎每天在一起 |
[30:16] | Every day except tuesdays. | 除了星期二 |
[30:20] | At first,she was always coming up with excuses. | 一开始,她总是找种种借口 |
[30:23] | I have a test, I have a paper due. | “我要考试” “我的论文还没写” |
[30:26] | Then she switched her story on me. | 然后就改口 |
[30:29] | Said she had a job, she had to work. | 找了一份工作 要去上班 |
[30:32] | Didn’t really bother me at first. | 一开始我并没感到疑惑 |
[30:35] | Didn’t think much of it. | 没有想很多 |
[30:37] | Then I lost my wallet one night, had no money to get home. | 一天晚上我丢了钱包 没有回家的路费 |
[30:41] | I went over to her dorm, she wasn’t there. | 我去她宿舍找她 可她不在 |
[30:45] | It was:00 in the morning. | 那时是凌晨3点 |
[30:48] | Next day she tells me she was working all night. | 第二天,她告诉我 昨晚一直在工作 |
[30:51] | “Doing what?” I said. | 我问她 “你的工作到底是什么?” |
[30:54] | That’s when things started to get strange. | 从那时起 我感到有点不对劲了 |
[30:58] | For a while,she wouldn’t tell me, but I wouldn’t let it go. | 她一时不打算告诉我到底怎么回事 但我不能任其发展 |
[31:02] | I was like a dog with a bone. | 如坐针毡 |
[31:05] | Finally,one night, she tells me. | 一天晚上,她终于告诉我了 |
[31:09] | She met a man. | 她认识了一个男人 |
[31:12] | He offered to pay her way through school. | 他为她付学费 |
[31:15] | All she had to do was go over to this apartment he owned. | 她只要去他的公寓 |
[31:18] | When she gets inside, she puts on a blindfold,spends the night. | 进入房间后 戴上眼罩,过一晚上就可以了 |
[31:23] | -And do what? -Exactly. | – 她究竟去做什么? – 实际上 |
[31:25] | That’s what I wanted to know. | 这正是我想知道的 |
[31:27] | She swears to me, she’s not doing anything. | 她向我发誓 没有做任何别的事 |
[31:30] | She just puts on a blindfold,takes off her clothes,puts on a nightgown,goes to bed. | 仅仅就戴上眼罩,脱掉衣服 换上睡衣,然后去睡觉 |
[31:35] | Got up the next morning, | 第二天早晨起床 |
[31:37] | put her clothes back on,took the blindfold off,and walked out the door. | 穿上衣服 摘下眼罩,走出房间 |
[31:43] | And that was it? | 仅此而已? |
[31:45] | So she said. | 她是这么说的 |
[31:49] | I asked her if he was there. | 我问她那个男人在不在房间里 |
[31:51] | She said she supposed so, but she never heard him, | 她认为他在 但从来没听见过他发出声音 |
[31:54] | never felt him, never sensed he was there. | 从未感觉到他的存在 |
[31:59] | I didn’t believe her at first. | 一开始,我不相信她 |
[32:02] | I used to drop her off a couple of blocks away.She’d let me use the car. | 我曾送她到几个街区远处 她让我用车 |
[32:08] | Then one night,I followed her. | 一天晚上,我跟踪了她 |
[32:12] | She caught me before she got there. | 在到那里之前 她就发现我 |
[32:15] | She was furious. | 她大发雷霆 |
[32:17] | We had a huge fight, broke up. | 我们大吵了一架 然后分手了 |
[32:21] | I’d call her, she wouldn’t answer. | 我打电话给她 她不接 |
[32:23] | I’d go over to her dorm, she wouldn’t let me in. | 我去宿舍找她 她不让我进去 |
[32:27] | That’s when she got the restraining order. | 当她去申请了禁止令 |
[32:31] | I stayed away for a month, | 我就离开了一个月 |
[32:35] | but then I couldn’t take it any longer. | 但我无法忍受 |
[32:37] | I went over to her dorm. | 我来到她宿舍 |
[32:40] | damn near busted the door down. | 差点要破门而入 |
[32:42] | Her roommate threatened to call the cops, but amanda finally let me in. | 她的室友威胁我说要报警 但Amanda最后还是让我进去了 |
[32:46] | Roommate took off, and we had another huge fight | 她室友马上离开了 我们又大吵了一架 |
[32:52] | and then,a huge cry… | 然后,抱头痛哭… |
[32:56] | and then,we made love. | 之后,我们做爱了 |
[33:02] | I told her I was going to find a way to pay for school. | 我和她说,我会想办法付学费的 |
[33:05] | I was going to do it. | 我一直在想办法 |
[33:08] | She told me she loved me, she missed me. | 她告诉我,她爱我 很想念我 |
[33:12] | She was going to quit.She was going to find a way to tell that guy that night. | 她打算不干了,那天晚上 她要想办法去告诉那个男人 |
[33:19] | That was the last time i saw her. | 这是我最后一次看到她 |
[33:25] | Next thing I know,they found her car at that car wash. | 后来,别人在洗车场 发现了她的车 |
[33:29] | My dna was everywhere. It was inside the car,inside her. | 车里、她的身体里 到处都有我的DNA |
[33:35] | I told them my story, but no one believed me. | 我告诉了他们所发生的事 可没人相信我 |
[33:41] | Ma’am? | 女士? |
[33:43] | What are you thinking? | 你有什么看法? |
[33:45] | I was thinking,have you ever met kathleen walsh? | 你认识Kathleen Walsh吗? |
[33:49] | No,I don’t think so. What does she look like? | 我应该不认识她 她长什么样? |
[33:53] | I’m thinking she looks a lot like this guy’s next victim. | 我觉得她可能是 那个男人的下一个目标 |
[33:59] | so what you are saying is that there’s this man | 你说有一个男人 |
[34:02] | who likes to watch women sleep? | 喜欢看女人睡觉? |
[34:04] | I’m not going to even pretend to know what he likes. | 他的爱好显而易见 |
[34:07] | You think this is the guy who’s been sneaking into your friend kathleen’s apartment? | 你觉得他偷偷潜入 你朋友Kathleen的家? |
[34:10] | Well,she’s not my friend, but yes, | 她不是我的朋友 但那个男人的确这么做了 |
[34:12] | what I’m saying is i feel very strongly the man who’s been watching kathleen is the same man | 我强烈的感觉到那个 一直在看着Kathleen的男人 |
[34:17] | who was watching elkin’s girlfriend,amanda, | 和看着Elkin的女友Amanda的 是同一个人 |
[34:19] | and very well may have been responsible for her death. | 而且很有可能和Amanda的死有关联 |
[34:22] | You know,when I was preparing for elkin’s parole hearing,I remember reading his statement. | 你要知道,我在为Elkin的假释听证会 做准备时,我记得看过他的案子 |
[34:26] | This crazy story about his girlfriend having a job, | 这个可怕的案子是 因为他女友找到了一份工作 |
[34:29] | only he didn’t know where, and he didn’t know with whom. | 只是他不知道哪里,和谁 |
[34:32] | -I know,it sounds so bizarre. -Bizarre? | -我知道这听起来很奇怪 -奇怪? |
[34:35] | no,it aspires to “bizarre.” | 说它“奇怪”是抬举它了 |
[34:39] | allison,this man’s sperm was still inside her when they found the body. | Allison, 发现尸体时 上面还残留着他的精液 |
[34:43] | Yeah,they made up the night before. He went by her dorm.Her roommate saw him. | 是这样的,他们前一天晚上亲热 他去了她的宿舍,室友看到了他 |
[34:47] | Precisely,he was in violation of the restraining order she took out against him. | 准确地讲, Amanda并不想见他 他硬闯进去的 |
[34:50] | Not exactly the kind of thing you want to put in front of a judge in hopes of reopening a case. | 你无法让法官重审这个案子 |
[34:55] | What if we could catch him? | 如果我们逮到了那个男人呢? |
[34:57] | You lost me. | 我不明白了 |
[34:58] | Well,we know he likes kathleen. | 我们知道他看上了Kathleen |
[35:01] | So what if we can remove the visible police presence outside the building– | 如果我们让守在她家的警察 |
[35:05] | the squad car, the patrolman? | 巡逻警车和巡警撤离怎么样? |
[35:07] | Are you suggesting that we use this woman as bait? | 你想让我们把那个女人 作为诱饵? |
[35:11] | We might be able to do it safely.Wire the place up so we could hear everything,hide a bunch of swat guys. | 我们能暗中保护,在附近监视 这样就能听到动静,潜伏几个SWAT特警 |
[35:15] | We’re already providing round- the-clock police protection against an intruder | 我们已经安排了 全天候警力来阻止入侵者 |
[35:19] | i’m not convinced even exists! | 我甚至不确信这个人存在 |
[35:22] | Now we’re talking about spending more of the taxpayer’s money to catch someone | 现在我们正要浪费 更多纳税人的钱来抓捕 |
[35:25] | you think might have committed a five-year-old murder, | 那个你认为可能的 犯下5年徒刑的谋杀犯 |
[35:27] | for which we already have someone in prison? | 而我们已经送了别人进监狱? |
[35:30] | Doesn’t matter– won’t work unless kathleen walsh | 这无关紧要,除非Kathleen Walsh |
[35:32] | agrees to stay in that apartment without a police car standing watch outside her building. | 同意她的公寓周围没有警车巡逻 |
[35:37] | Which I’m guessing might be a tough sell. | 我觉得很难说服她 |
[35:41] | Well,can’t we at least ask her? | 好吧,我们能问一下她吗? |
[35:45] | It’s 11 minutes past 8:00. She might not have left for work yet. | 现在是8:11 她应该还没去上班 |
[35:49] | It’s up to y. | 你看着办吧 |
[35:57] | hello. | 喂? |
[35:59] | Ms. Walsh,this is district attorney devalos. | Walsh夫人 我是检察官Devalos. |
[36:01] | I’m sorry to bother you so early in the morning, | 很抱歉这么早打扰你 |
[36:04] | but we think we may have developed a significant lead in your case, | 你的案子我们得做个 重大改变 |
[36:07] | and I was wondering if I might be able to persuade you to let us pull the police presence | 你能否让我们把 在你家周围守了几夜 |
[36:12] | in front of your building for several nights in hopes of drawing the suspect out. | 想逮捕犯罪嫌疑人的警力撤回? |
[36:16] | Obviously,we would install other safety measures. | 当然,我们会安装另外的安全设备 |
[36:19] | Last night was the first good night’s sleep i’ve had in months. | 昨天晚上是我几个月以来 睡的最好的一晚 |
[36:23] | I can’t tell you what it was like to get into bed and know I was alone. | 我不能告诉你心里清楚 孤身一人是什么感受 |
[36:27] | Know I was alone. | 心里清楚孤身一人 |
[36:33] | -Hey,where you going? -I got to call scanlon. | -嗨,你要去哪里? -我要打电话给Scanlon. |
[36:42] | -yeah. -He’s in the apartment. | -喂? -他现在就在公寓里 |
[36:44] | Allison? | |
[36:46] | I don’t know how he got in there,but… | 我不知道他是怎么进去的 但是… |
[36:48] | are you talking about kathleen walsh’s place? | 你说的是Kathleen Walsh 的家吗? |
[36:50] | I got a cop and a cop car sitting in front of her building,trust me. | 我在她家前安排了警察和警车 相信我 |
[36:53] | I’m telling you, he can get past them. | 我告诉你,他能突破警力进入房间 |
[36:55] | We changed the locks on every door, and checked the latches on all her windows. | 我们把所有的门锁都换了 并检查了所有窗户的锁 |
[36:59] | It doesn’t matter. | 这没用 |
[37:01] | Allison,what you’re saying doesn’t make any sense. | Allison,你现在所说的毫无意义 |
[37:03] | Please! You have a man right there. Can’t you send him up? | 求求你了,那边有警力 能不能派他进屋查看一下? |
[37:07] | It’s 2:00 in the morning, allison. | 现在是清晨2点 |
[37:10] | Lee! | |
[37:12] | All right,I’ll send someone up there. I’ll call you right back. | 好吧, 我派人去看看 过会打电话给你 |
[37:19] | I’m not sure how I feel about you calling strange men at 2:00 in the morning. | 你清晨2点打电话给一个 陌生男人让我感觉不舒服 |
[37:24] | I’m worried,joe. I got a bad feeling. | 我很担心, Joe 我有不详的预感 |
[37:28] | That’s good enough for me. | 你这么说让我感觉好多了 |
[37:33] | You were right about edrick, by the way. | 顺便说一下,Edrick让你给说对了 |
[37:35] | What do you mean? Did he fall to his knees,beg for mercy? | 什么意思? 他跪下,乞求你的宽恕? |
[37:39] | Pretty damn close. | 差不多 |
[37:45] | Two officers went up,allison. They checked the whole place. | 两个警察进去看了, Allison 他们检查了所有的地方 |
[37:47] | No one was in there, and no one was getting in there, | 那里一个人也没有 也没有人要潜入 |
[37:50] | I mean,except for one fairly cheesed-off blind lady, | 我是说,除了一个 心烦意乱的盲女 |
[37:52] | who said she was enjoying the best night’s sleep she’d had in months. | 她说她正享受 几个月来最好的一觉 |
[37:56] | Really? | 真的? |
[37:57] | But I don’t understand. | 但我不明白 |
[37:59] | No offense,allison, but it’s 2:00 in the morning. | 没有入侵者, Allison 现在可是清晨2点 |
[38:02] | you,me,and devalos are supposed to meet at 8:00 A.M. | 你, 我, 还有Devalos 明天早上8点会碰头 |
[38:05] | Would it be okay if we chatted then? | 我们明天再谈好吗? |
[38:07] | Sure. | 好吧 |
[38:10] | Now you’re suggesting we use this woman as bait? | 你想让我们把这个女人当作诱饵? |
[38:14] | Well,we know he likes kathleen, so maybe we could | 我们知道他看上了Kathleen 也许我们可以 |
[38:18] | remove some of the visible police presence around the building– | 把部分安排在她家周围的 公开警力 |
[38:21] | the car sitting there, the patrolman? | 巡逻警车和巡警撤离? |
[38:29] | Okay… | 怎样… |
[38:31] | what do you want me to say? | 你想要我说什么? |
[38:33] | Well,I don’t know.Last night,I convinced myself that you thought it was a good idea. | 我不知道,昨天晚上 我确信你认为这是个好主意 |
[38:39] | Well… I don’t know what to tell you. | 好吧…我不知道该怎么说 |
[38:42] | Allison,be realistic. | Allison, 现实一点吧 |
[38:45] | After you convinced detective scanlon | 在你说服Scanlon探长 |
[38:47] | to send the police charging into this woman’s apartment at 2:00 in the morning, | 在清晨2点派警察检查这个女人的屋子之后 |
[38:51] | the other tenants in the building, who are already up in arms about being stopped | 那栋公寓楼的其他居民,他们已经都对于 每次进出门都要被拦下感到很不愉快 |
[38:56] | every time they come in and go out,have had it up to here. | 现在他们的忍耐已经到了极限 |
[38:59] | Not to mention what it’s costing the department keeping personnel there 24-7. | 更不用提全天24小时 设置警力所花的代价 |
[39:02] | I think we have to pull the plug on this thing. | 我觉得我们应该停止这一切 |
[39:04] | But,sir,that man was there! I saw him– | 可是那个男人在那里! 我看见了他 |
[39:06] | we were here having a meeting like this… | 那时我们正在这里 进行着和现在一样的讨论… |
[39:09] | allison… | |
[39:10] | I have enormous respect for you, but it’s 8:10, | 我对你很尊敬 但现在是8:10 |
[39:13] | and I’m due in the judge’s chambers in 20 minutes. | 我20分钟后要去法官的办公室 |
[39:17] | 8:10? | |
[39:20] | Last night, you said it was 8:11. | 昨天夜里, 你说的是8:11 |
[39:24] | Last night? What are you talking about? | 昨天夜里? 你到底在说什么? |
[39:30] | Hey,I need to use your phone. | 我要用下你的电话 |
[39:37] | hello. | 喂? |
[39:39] | Kathleen,it’s allison. | Kathleen 我是Allison |
[39:40] | Are you standing in your kitchen wearing your bathrobe holding a cup of hot coffee? | 你现在是不是穿着浴袍,站在厨房 手里拿着一杯热咖啡? |
[39:45] | Well,no. | 没有啊 |
[39:46] | Now I’m making my way into the living room, | 现在我正向客厅走去 |
[39:48] | wearing my bathrobe, holding a cup of hot coffee. | 穿着浴袍 拿着杯热咖啡 |
[39:51] | Kathleen,I need you to stay calm and do exactly as I say. | Kathleen, 我要你保持冷静 照我说的去做 |
[39:56] | Take that hot coffee you’re holding and throw it over your right shoulder. | 把你手里的那杯热咖啡 朝着你右肩膀后面泼过去 |
[39:59] | This is detective scanlon.I need you to get up there now.Enter kathleen walsh’s apartment,weapons drawn. | 我是Scanlon探长,立刻过去 拔出武器,进入Kathleen Walsh家中 |
[40:07] | Kathleen,do it now– he’s right behind you! | Kathleen, 快照我说的做 他就在你后面! |
[40:13] | Mom,don’t be ridiculous. | 妈妈,别这么搞笑 |
[40:27] | no! | 不要! |
[40:33] | Police! Release that woman, and put your hands in the air! | 我们是警察! 放开那位女士 举起手来! |
[40:44] | we got him,then you’re right. | 我们抓到他了,你没事了 |
[40:49] | I want to thank you for your bravery. | 谢谢你那么勇敢 |
[40:52] | And I would also like to apologize for the initial skepticism that came from this office. | 还有我很抱歉一开始怀疑了你 |
[40:55] | Apology accepted. | 我接受你的道歉 |
[40:58] | Turns out your tormentor was also your neighbor. | 那个伤害你的人 其实是你的邻居 |
[41:01] | It seems your apartment and his were originally designed as a single unit. | 你们的公寓原先本是一体 |
[41:06] | Mr. Christopher russo and his mother lived there until the early ’90s, | Christopher Russo先生和他的母亲 在那里一直住到了90年代初期 |
[41:09] | when his mother passed on, and he decided to turn it into two apartments. | 当他母亲去世后 他决定把它分割为两套公寓 |
[41:13] | Your living room closet shares a common wall with one in his bedroom. | 你客厅里的壁橱和他卧室的壁橱 是同一个 |
[41:17] | He finally confessed to everything last night from his hospital bed. | 昨天晚上他躺在医院的床上 交代了所有事情的经过 |
[41:20] | He hired amanda crane five years ago. | 他5年前雇佣了Amanda Crane |
[41:22] | When she told him that the arrangement no longer worked for her, | 当她告诉他不想干了 |
[41:26] | he told her he had pictures of her. | 他告诉她,他拍了照片 |
[41:28] | She threatened to call the police. They fought; he strangled her. | 她威胁说要报警,他们开始争斗 他掐死了她 |
[41:32] | He claims to have been so horrified by the act of killing amanda, | 他声称,杀害了Amanda让他感到很害怕 |
[41:35] | that he completely swore off having anything to do with the opposite sex. | 然后发誓再也不对女性做任何事 |
[41:39] | Started renting the apartment and completely forgot about the common closet. | 他出租了那套公寓 完全忘记了那个相通的壁橱 |
[41:43] | Then,you came along,a beautiful tenant with a built-in blindfold, | 后来你搬了进来,你是个漂亮的房客 眼睛也看不见 |
[41:48] | and his old compulsions just took over. | 然后他以前的欲望冲动 又出现了 |
[41:51] | Well,I’m just happy to know he’s behind bars. | 把他绳之以法我真是太高兴了 |
[41:54] | Which reminds me,there is someone who would very much like to meet you. | 我想起来了,有个人很想见你 |
[42:09] | Kathleen. | |
[42:12] | This is sam elkin. | 这位是Sam Elkin |
[42:15] | It’s very nice to meet you. | 能见到你太好了 |
[42:18] | Nice to meet you,sam. | 很高兴见到你,Sam |
[42:22] | I’ve never slept with an executive senior vice president before. | 我以前从未和执行副总裁睡过 |
[42:26] | Five extra vacation days a year. | 现在我每年有5天的额外假期 |
[42:30] | Very impressive. | 太好了 |
[42:33] | So what did edrick have to say about it? | Edrick对于你的升迁怎么说 |
[42:41] | He was upset,but i explained to him, | 他很难过,但是 我向他解释道 |
[42:44] | with age comes experience, and with experience comes wisdom. | 年龄越大,经验越丰富 经验越丰富,智慧越高 |
[42:53] | And what comes with wisdom? | 那智慧越高会怎么样呢? |
[42:55] | With any luck… | 运气会更好… |
[42:59] | allison dubois. | |
[43:03] | Medium Season 02 Episode 20 |