时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:31] | ??? | |
[00:33] | ?? | |
[00:34] | ??? | 在 |
[00:41] | ???? | 我吵醒你了吗? |
[00:44] | ?? | 哦 |
[00:44] | ??? | 该死的感冒 |
[00:48] | ???? | 我都睡不着觉 |
[00:50] | ?? | 没法呼吸 |
[00:51] | ??? | 我被恶梦弄醒了 |
[00:55] | ???? | 我讨厌做梦,真吓人 |
[00:58] | ??? | 我要睡下来 |
[01:01] | ???? | 都一个星期了 |
[01:05] | ??? | 还没有好 |
[01:08] | ???? | 过来 |
[01:09] | ??? | 啊,我不知道,或许我应该 |
[01:11] | Sleep in the living room. | 睡到起居室去 |
[01:13] | Come here. | 过来 |
[01:14] | What are you doing? | 你要干嘛? |
[01:16] | What if I’m contagious? | 如果我传染给你怎么办? |
[01:19] | Shh… | 嘘… |
[01:36] | WOMAN: Oh, baby! | 哦,亲爱的! |
[01:38] | Let me have it. Let me have all of it. | 我要 我还要 |
[01:42] | Oh, baby, let me have it! | 哦,亲爱的,快点! |
[01:45] | Let me have all of it! | 再快点! |
[01:47] | Oh, baby, let me have it. Let me have all of it. | 哦,亲爱的,深点.再深点 |
[01:54] | Oh, you okay? | 哦,你还好吗? |
[01:57] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[01:59] | What were you dreaming? | 你都在梦点啥? |
[02:00] | Huh? I wasn’t dreaming anything. | 嗯?我什么都没有梦见 |
[02:03] | I was sleeping. | 我正睡着呢 |
[02:05] | It w nice. | 睡的正香 |
[02:08] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[02:32] | Hey, Allison, we both overslept. | 嘿,Allison,我们都睡过头了 |
[02:37] | Oh, you’re kidding! | 哦,开玩笑! |
[02:44] | BOY: Help! | 救命啊! |
[02:47] | Please! | 救命! |
[02:54] | Somebody, anybody! | 来人啊,有人吗! |
[03:00] | JOE: Allison? (gasps) | |
[03:02] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[03:04] | I’m fine. I’m just trying to take a shower. | 我很好,我只是想洗个澡 |
[03:06] | Well, you got to turn on the water first. | 嗯,那你先要把水龙头打开 |
[03:09] | ??? | 哈,哈,哈,哈 |
[04:07] | Allison, you doing anything? | Allison,你有其他的事情吗? |
[04:11] | Are you familiar with State Assemblyman Henry Rykoff? | 你对州议员Henry Rykoff熟悉吗? |
[04:14] | I know he’s a state assemblyman. | 我知道他是位州议员 |
[04:16] | I know his first name is Henry. | 我知道他姓Henry |
[04:18] | Died in his sleep last night. | 昨晚在睡梦中死去 |
[04:21] | Apparently, his widow is fiercely protective | 很明显,他的遗孀会很强烈地保护 |
[04:23] | of her late husband’s legacy. | 好她丈夫的遗产 |
[04:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:26] | After she discovered the assemblyman had passed, | 在她发现议员已经过世时 |
[04:28] | she called EMS. | 她打电话给了紧急医疗服务 |
[04:30] | I don’t know what’s going on over there, | 我不知道那里发生了什么事情 |
[04:31] | but Emergency Medical called the police | 但紧急医疗小组打电话给了警察 |
[04:33] | and everyone’s been there | 所有的人从早上 |
[04:34] | since before 7:00 this morning. | 7点开始就一直待在那里了 |
[04:36] | It’s past 10:00. | 现在已经过10点了 |
[04:38] | What do you think’s going on? | 你觉得有什么事情? |
[04:39] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[04:40] | But whatever it is, the governor asked me | 但不管是什么,地方长官叫我 |
[04:42] | to get over there and make it go away. | 过去把事情处理一下 |
[04:44] | What am I doing? | 我要做什么? |
[04:46] | Oh, I don’t know. | 哦,我不知道 |
[04:46] | The assemblyman died. Isn’t that your area? | 议员死了.那不是你的管辖范围吗? |
[04:53] | Mrs. Rykoff, | Rykoff夫人 |
[04:55] | I’m District Attorney Manuel Devalos. | 我是地检官Manuel Devalos |
[04:57] | This is Allison Dubois. | 这位是Allison Dubois |
[04:58] | She’s a bereavement counselor who works with my office. | 她是在我的办公室工作的丧亡顾问 |
[05:00] | I’m so sorry for your loss. | 对于您亲人的过世我觉得很遗憾 |
[05:02] | The governor asked us to come by | 地方长官叫我们过来 |
[05:03] | and see if we could be of any help | 看看在这段他觉得对您来说 |
[05:04] | during what he knows must be a very difficult time for you. | 是非常伤痛的日子中我们有什么 是可以帮忙的 |
[05:07] | Help? Absolutely, we could use some help. | 帮忙?我们绝对需要一些帮忙 |
[05:11] | Those idiots with the ambulance called the police, | 那些和救护车一起来的白痴叫来了警察 |
[05:13] | and the police won’t let me call a funeral home. | 而那些警察都不让我打电话给葬礼服务公司 |
[05:16] | My husband is lying dead in his bed. | 我的丈夫是在他的床上躺着死去的 |
[05:18] | He’s been there for hours. | 他已经躺在那里好几个小时了 |
[05:20] | I would like to get him where he belongs, | 我比较想让他到属于他的地方 |
[05:22] | so we can move on with the business of his funeral. | 然后我们可以着手处理葬礼有关事宜 |
[05:24] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[05:25] | Mr. District Attorney, | 地检官先生 |
[05:25] | my name is Casey Frank. | 我叫Casey Frank |
[05:27] | I was the assemblyman’s chief of staff, also a family friend. | 我是议员的首席职员 也是这个家庭的一位朋友 |
[05:30] | This is Scott Brittenham, | 这位是Scott Brittenham |
[05:31] | the family attorney. | 家庭律师 |
[05:32] | Apparently, the maid discovered the body | 显然,是女仆先发现了尸体 |
[05:34] | and immediately dialed 911 | 然后立即拨打了911 |
[05:36] | before Mrs. Rykoff here had a chance to make contact | 就在Rykoff还没有机会和葬礼服务公司 |
[05:38] | with the funeral home. | 联系之前 |
[05:40] | I think you’ll see | 我觉得你们会发现 |
[05:40] | it’s all a big misunderstanding. | 这完全是个误会 |
[05:43] | All anyone wants really, is to protect the assemblyman’s dignity. | 我们所有人只是想,保护议员的尊严 |
[05:47] | Of course. | 那当然 |
[05:49] | Let us see what we can find out, please. | 让我们看看我们可以查出些什么 |
[05:52] | Excuse us. | 抱歉 |
[05:54] | MAN: Look at his neck. | 看一下他的脖子 |
[05:56] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[05:57] | All the ambulance guys wanted to do | 救护车上的所有人想做的 |
[05:59] | was lift him up and get him out of here. | 就是把他抬起来从这里搬出去 |
[06:01] | I don’t get a bonus for saying something smells fishy. | 我好心跟你们说这里肯定有些不对劲 |
[06:04] | Just go upstairs, look at his neck. | 上楼去,看看他的脖子 |
[06:57] | This man did not die in his sleep. | 这个男人不是在睡梦中死去的 |
[07:05] | I’ve taken a look at your late husband, Mrs. Rykoff. | 我已经看过了你的丈夫,Rykoff夫人 |
[07:08] | We have a problem. | 我们有个问题 |
[07:10] | No, there is no problem. | 不,没有什么问题 |
[07:12] | My husband served the state for 32 years. | 我的丈夫为了这个州服务了32年 |
[07:15] | He’s entitled to privacy with regard to his life | 他有资格获得生命的尊严 |
[07:19] | and dignity with regard to his death. | 以及对他死亡的尊重 |
[07:22] | Buhe did not die in his sleep. | 但他不是在睡梦中死去的 |
[07:24] | We’re not even convinced he died in that bed. | 我们都无法确定他是否是在那 张床上死去的 |
[07:27] | Is my client being accused of something here, Mr. District Attorney? | 我的客户是否因为某些事情而受到 指控了,地检官先生? |
[07:31] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[07:32] | My husband and I were married for 37 years. | 我丈夫和我已经结婚37年 |
[07:37] | In 37 years, a couple can grow very close | 在37年中,一对夫妻可以非常了解对方 |
[07:40] | and very distant at the same time. | 同时也非常冷漠对方 |
[07:47] | Henry got up in the middle of the night. | Henry在半夜起床 |
[07:49] | It wasn’t unusual. | 这没什么不寻常 |
[07:50] | He liked to use the bathroom down the hall. | 他喜欢用楼下大厅的浴室 |
[07:53] | I heard him get up, | 我听到他起床 |
[07:55] | make his way down the hall in the dark. | 在黑暗中摸索着走到下面的大厅 |
[07:58] | I even heard him cough and wheeze through the wall. | 我甚至能透过墙壁听见他咳嗽和喘气 |
[08:01] | He had that cold that’s been going around. | 他得了很长时间的感冒 |
[08:04] | I must have fallen back asleep, and when I woke up again, | 我一定是又倒回去睡着了 当我再一次醒来时 |
[08:08] | I realized that Henry still hadn’t returned. | 我意识到Henry还没有回来 |
[08:12] | Finally, I came down here. | 最后,我下楼到了这里 |
[08:16] | He had taken the belt of his robe… | 看到他拿了他浴袍的带子… |
[08:21] | used that beam, | 挂在那根横梁上 |
[08:24] | put it around his neck. | 然后把他的脖子挂了上去 |
[08:28] | I kept screaming his name… | 我一直尖叫着他的名字… |
[08:33] | but I think he was already dead. | 但我想他已经死了 |
[08:40] | Mrs. Rykoff, I will do everything in my power | Rykoff夫人,我会竭尽全力 |
[08:44] | to be sure that when a death certificate is issued… | 确保在死亡证明开具的时候… |
[08:46] | He did not commit suicide. | 他没有自杀 |
[08:49] | Nothing could have been further from his mind. | 他心里从来没有过这种想法 |
[08:52] | And you know this how? | 你这么觉得是因为? |
[08:56] | I know this because Mrs. Rykoff called me | 我知道这个是因为Rykoff夫人打电话给我 |
[08:59] | to help her get the body down from the ceiling. | 帮她把尸体从天花板取下来 |
[09:03] | I know this because when I came in the room, | 我知道这个是因为当我走进房间的时候 |
[09:06] | his computer was on. | 他的电脑还开着 |
[09:08] | There was a pornographic Web site on the screen. | 屏幕上显示的是一个色情网站 |
[09:10] | His pajama bottoms were around his ankles | 他的睡裤褪到了脚踝 |
[09:12] | and was clear from the state of the rest of his body | 从他尸体其他情况来看 |
[09:15] | exactly what he was doing, | 很明显他当时正在做什么 |
[09:19] | exactly what his intention was. | 很明显他当时的意图是什么 |
[09:21] | And it had nothing to do with killing oneself. | 而这所有一切都和自杀毫无关系 |
[09:25] | And you helped Mrs. Rykoff move the body? | 然后你就帮Rykoff夫人移动了尸体? |
[09:30] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:31] | Up the stairs and down the hall | 从底下大厅抬上楼梯 |
[09:33] | and into the bedroom. | 抬进卧室 |
[09:35] | I beg of you all, | 我恳请你们 |
[09:37] | let my husband be remembered for his great work | 让我的丈夫还是在大家的记忆中 留下勤恳工作的印象 |
[09:42] | and not for some foolishness | 而不是那些别人从来不会知晓 |
[09:45] | no one was ever meant to know about. | 的愚蠢至及的事情 |
[09:57] | BOY: Help me! | 救救我! |
[10:02] | Do you hear that? | 你听到了吗? |
[10:19] | Somebody! | 有人嘛! |
[10:23] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛? |
[10:26] | Put your head on the pillow, close your eyes and let’s get some sleep. | 把你的头放到枕头上 闭上你的眼睛睡会儿吧 |
[10:31] | You didn’t hear that either? | 你也没有听到那个? |
[10:33] | Shh. | 嘘 |
[10:57] | BOY: Help me! Please! | 救救我!救命! |
[11:02] | Help me! | 救救我! |
[11:07] | Please! Somebody! | 救命!来人啊! |
[11:14] | Look Like he was in some kind of a hole | 看起来他是在某个洞里 |
[11:17] | or maybe it was a cave or some kind of a well, or… | 或许是个洞穴或类似的地方,或… |
[11:19] | Whatever it was, it looked like it was natural, | 不管是什么,它看起来都是天然的那种 |
[11:21] | not man-made. | 而不是人为的 |
[11:22] | That’s great, but, Allison, | 那很好,但是,Allison |
[11:23] | there are no missing children of that approximate age | 这里没有任何适龄失踪儿童 |
[11:26] | who match anything close to that description. | 符合你的描述 |
[11:28] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[11:30] | I mean, you may have dreamt it, | 我是说,你或许梦到了这个 |
[11:31] | but it doesn’t appear to have happened– | 但不一定是已经发生的事– |
[11:32] | not yet, not around here anyway. | 至少还没有发生,这里附近没有发生 |
[11:34] | Well, maybe his parents haven’t reported it yet. | 那或许是他的父母还没有来报告 |
[11:36] | Maybe they don’t realize he’s missing. | 或许他们没有意识到他已经失踪了 |
[11:38] | You said he was dirty, you said he looked like | 你说他看起来很脏,你说他看起来 |
[11:41] | he’d been wherever he was for a while. | 在那里已经待了一段时间 |
[11:43] | I mean, come on, if your child was missing | 我是说,拜托,如果你的孩子失踪了 |
[11:44] | for long enough to be beat up by the elements like that | 足够长的时间,以至于都已经把别人 |
[11:46] | you’d notice, you’d report it. | 都惊动了,你应该会来报告的 |
[11:48] | What are you saying? | 你在说什么呀? |
[11:49] | I’m saying there’s nothing more I can do. | 我是说我没什么可帮忙的 |
[11:51] | I can’t mount a search until I have someone to search for. | 我无法派出搜救小组,除非我真 找到一个可以取搜寻的目标 |
[11:54] | And honestly, I’ve got about ten other fires | 老实说,今天一早我就有大概 |
[11:55] | I got to put out this morning, including… | 10件紧急的事情要处理,包括… |
[11:59] | one that you might be interested in. | 一件你或许会感兴趣的事情 |
[12:02] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[12:04] | The coroner’s report on Assemblyman Rykoff. | 议员Rykoff的验尸报告 |
[12:05] | What am I looking at? | 我要看什么? |
[12:08] | “High levels of dexohyphrodan…” | “高浓度的左旋…” |
[12:10] | Dexohydrophan. | 左旋水杨酸 |
[12:12] | “were present in the deceased’s system.” | “残留在死者的身体系统中” |
[12:15] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[12:16] | It’s a libido inhibitor. | 是一种性欲抑制剂 |
[12:18] | It’s like anti-Viagra. Kills the sex drive. | 想是一种反作用伟哥 杀死那些性冲动 |
[12:21] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[12:22] | Neither do I. | 我也不明白 |
[12:24] | Dexohydrophan is a drug usually reserved | 左旋水杨酸是一种通常用于 |
[12:26] | for chronic sex offenders. | 慢性性侵犯者身上的药物 |
[12:28] | You’re saying Assemblyman Rykoff was a sex offender? | 你是说Rykoff议员是名性侵犯者? |
[12:31] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[12:32] | But I got a better question. | 但我有个更妙的问题 |
[12:33] | Why’s a guy who’s loaded to the gills on libido-inhibitors | 为什么一个被注射了性抑制剂的家伙 |
[12:35] | hanging from a belt with his John Thomas in his hand, | 会手持自己的那玩意儿,被绳子吊死 |
[12:38] | looking at Internet porn? | 还在看着色情网站? |
[12:45] | Girls down? | 孩子们都睡下了? |
[12:49] | All except Ariel, | 除了Ariel |
[12:51] | who just asked me what “clubbing” is. | 她刚刚问我”夜总会”是什么东西 |
[12:54] | And when will she be old enough to do it. | 她长多大了才能去那里 |
[12:58] | I feel like | 我感觉 |
[12:59] | I looked at a million files, | 像是在看着数百万的档案 |
[13:01] | stared at a billion pictures. | 盯着一亿张图片 |
[13:05] | All of those kids. | 都是那些孩子们 |
[13:10] | I just know he’s out there, scared and alone. | 我只知道他在那里 很害怕,很孤单 |
[13:13] | If one of our girls… | 如果我们中的孩子… |
[13:15] | Shh, shh, shh, shh, shh. | 嘘,嘘,嘘,嘘,嘘 |
[13:17] | They’re fine. | 她们都很好 |
[13:18] | They’re in bed. | 她们都在床上 |
[13:20] | All except for Ariel. | 除了Ariel |
[13:22] | She wants to know what “clubbing” is. | 她就想知道”夜总会”是什么 |
[13:59] | I see you. I see you up there. | 我看见你了 我看见你在上面 |
[14:03] | Hey, where are you going? | 嘿,你要去哪里? |
[14:06] | No, please, you can’t leave me. | 不,求你,你不能离开我 |
[14:09] | No! Please don’t leave me! | 不!请不要离开我! |
[14:16] | Allison, hey, what are you doing? | Allison,嘿,你在干嘛? |
[14:18] | I saw it, the place where the boy is. | 我看见了,那个男孩在的地方 |
[14:20] | It’s this hole, this glowing hole in the ground. | 就是这个洞,这个在地面下炽热的洞 |
[14:22] | I’ve got to call Scanlon. | 我要打电话给Scanlon |
[14:24] | Hold on a second. You’re not making any sense. | 等等,你这样毫无意义 |
[14:26] | What… | 什么… |
[14:27] | what do you know today that you didn’t know yesterday? | 有什么是你今天知道的 而你昨天却不知道? |
[14:31] | A hole? | 一个洞? |
[14:32] | You’re going to wake the man up in the middle of the night | 你准备在大半夜的把一个男人叫醒 |
[14:35] | to tell him about a hole in the ground that glows. | 就为了告诉他一个在地下炽热的洞 |
[14:39] | Allison… I got to do something, Joe. | – 我必须要做些什么,Joe |
[14:41] | He’s drinking green muck. | 他在吸收那些绿色的废料 |
[14:42] | He’s dying out there. | 他快奄奄一息了 |
[14:43] | The whole thing was green. | 所有的一切都是绿的 |
[14:44] | It glowed green. | 发出的光也是绿的 |
[14:46] | Wait a second. Green? | 等等.绿的? |
[14:49] | Like phosphorus? | 像磷的颜色? |
[14:53] | Have you ever heard of the Living Caves? | 你有没有听说过有生命的洞穴? |
[14:55] | No, the Living Caves– what are they? | 没有,有生命的洞穴–那是什么? |
[14:57] | Well, they’re these naturally occurring holes in the ground | 它们是在地表上自然形成的洞穴 |
[15:00] | and people say they’re living | 人们把它们叫做是有生命的 |
[15:01] | because they still have big pools | 是因为在它们的底部 |
[15:03] | of acidic water at the bottom of them. | 有巨大的酸水池 |
[15:06] | So they’re still eroding away the soil, | 它们还在不断腐蚀土壤 |
[15:08] | forming new passages, growing, living. | 形成新的通路,不断成长着 |
[15:10] | Okay. Here they are. | – 好的 – 在这里 |
[15:11] | Okay, what made you think of them? | 好吧,你怎么会想到它们的? |
[15:13] | Uh, well, they’re filled with phosphorus, | 饿,因为它们都被磷所填充 |
[15:15] | so at night they glow. | 所以在晚上它们会发光 |
[15:18] | Okay, show me exactly where they are. | 好吧,指给我看它们确切的位置 |
[15:20] | Allison, there’s over 200 square miles of these caves. | Allison,这些洞穴遍布方圆200英里 |
[15:23] | There’s no way to narrow it down. | 不可能缩小它们的具体范围 |
[15:25] | Wait a second. What’s this? | 等等.这是什么? |
[15:28] | Railroad track? | 铁路线? |
[15:31] | Railroad track… | 铁路线… |
[15:34] | Hey, you think you could take the girls to school? | 嘿,你觉得你可以带孩子们去学校吗? |
[15:36] | You’re going there? | 你要去那里? |
[15:37] | You’re insane. | 你神经了 |
[15:50] | ALLISON: Hello? | 哈��? |
[15:56] | Hello? | 哈��? |
[15:58] | Hello?! | 哈��?! |
[16:07] | Hello? | 哈��? |
[16:16] | Hello? | 哈��? |
[16:18] | Is anyone in there? | 有人吗? |
[16:21] | BOY: Hello? Is somebody up there? | 哈��?上面有人吗? |
[16:25] | I’m down here. Somebody, anybody, can you hear me? | 我在下面呢.来人啊,来人,能听见我吗? |
[16:28] | Yes, someone’s here. | 是的,有人在这里 |
[16:30] | Yes, I can hear you. | 是的,我可以听见你 |
[16:32] | Keep talking. There’s a lot of holes around here. | 继续说话,这里有很多很多的洞 |
[16:35] | Oh, please, get me out! Get me out! Get me out! | 哦,求你,把我弄出去! 把我弄出去!把我弄出去! |
[16:38] | I’m coming.Keep calling out. | 我来了,继续叫 |
[16:40] | ??? | 在这里 |
[16:42] | Can you hear me? | 你能听见我吗? |
[16:43] | Get me out! | Get me out! 把我弄出去!把我弄出去! |
[16:45] | Oh, please, get me out! | 哦,求你,把我弄出去! |
[16:48] | Get me out! Get me out! | 把我弄出去!把我弄出去! |
[16:51] | I am. | 我会的 |
[16:53] | Here, let me throw you down some water. | 给,让我扔点水给你 |
[17:01] | I have some food. | 我还有一些吃的 |
[17:03] | I need to call people. What’s your name? | 我必须打电话给别人.你叫什么? |
[17:06] | Jimmy… James. Jamison Nessler. | |
[17:10] | Hi, Jamison Nessler. | 嗨,Jamison Nessler |
[17:11] | I’m Allison. | 我是Allison |
[17:14] | How bad is your leg? | 你的腿伤怎么样? |
[17:16] | It hurts. It’s hard to climb. | 很疼,很难爬上来 |
[17:18] | Okay, I’m not going anywhere. | 好吧,我什么地方也不会去 |
[17:20] | I’m going to stay right here | 我只会待在这里 |
[17:21] | and use my phone to call for help. | 用我的手机打电话求救 |
[17:24] | You just eat. I’ll be right here. | 你就吃点吧,我会在这里的 |
[17:39] | He’s here. He’s in this hole. | 他在这.他在这个洞里 |
[17:44] | Young man… | 年轻人… |
[17:46] | if you can hear me, I want you to… | 如果你能听见我,我要你… |
[17:51] | Shine a light down there. | 打点光下去 |
[18:02] | No. | 不 |
[18:03] | No, I just saw him. I spoke to him. | 不,我刚刚还看见他的 我还跟他说话的 |
[18:09] | ???? how much it costs | 你知道让一架急救直升机 |
[18:11] | to land an emergency helicopter | 带3个森林服务巡逻员 |
[18:13] | with three Forest Service Rangers in the Arizona desert? | 到亚利桑那州的沙漠要多少钱吗? |
[18:19] | Hmm, no, no, I don’t. | 嗯,不,不,我不知道 |
[18:23] | $1,700. | 1,700元 |
[18:26] | $1,700 to pick up a skeleton. | 1700元来�煲痪吆」� |
[18:31] | He kept saying, “A skeleton | 他一直在说,”一具骸骨” |
[18:32] | “is not an emergency, ma’am. | “不能算是紧急事件,女士 |
[18:34] | Do you have any idea how much this is going to cost?” | 你知不知道这要花多少钱吗?” |
[18:37] | Of course, now I do. | 当然,我现在是知道了 |
[18:42] | Aren’t you going to say anything? | 你不准备说点什么吗? |
[18:43] | What am I going to say? | 我要说什么呢? |
[18:44] | It’s absurd. I don’t have $1,700. | 太荒谬了.我可没有1700元 |
[18:47] | I mean, I have it, we have it, | 我是说,我有,我们有 |
[18:48] | but not to spend on unexpected emergency skeleton pickups. | 但可不是要花在意外的紧急骸骨拾取上的 |
[18:53] | I mean, what are they going to do if we don’t pay? | 我是说,如果我们不付钱他们会怎么做? |
[18:55] | Cut us off? | 跟我们断绝联系? |
[18:56] | Not show up the next time we have bones that need rescuing? | 在下次我们有骨头需要营救的时候不出现? |
[19:00] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[19:14] | WOMAN: Oh, baby… | 哦,亲爱的… |
[19:16] | Let me have it. | 快一点 |
[19:18] | Let me have all of it. | 再快一点 |
[19:19] | Oh, baby, let me… | 哦,亲爱的,深… |
[19:26] | ALLISON: Something doesn’t add up. | 有什么事情连不起来 |
[19:28] | I’m talking about the suicide of Assemblyman Rykoff. | 我是在说Rykoff议员自杀一案 |
[19:33] | You want to close that door, please? | 想关上那个门吗,谢谢? |
[19:41] | That fact that Henry Rykoff committed suicide | 那个Henry Rykoff是自杀的事实 |
[19:43] | is supposed to be a closely held secret. | 应该是绝对保密的 |
[19:45] | It’s not something we want to talk about | 这不是我们能在别人 |
[19:46] | where others can hear. | 可以听得到的地方谈论的 |
[19:47] | Of course. I’m sorry. | 当然,我很抱歉 |
[19:50] | I’m already pretty far out on a limb with this thing. | 我在这件事情上已经够处境危险了 |
[19:52] | Hiding the material facts of this man’s death, | 隐藏这个男人死亡的真相 |
[19:54] | walking his death certificate through channels. | 通过其他的渠道处理他的死亡证明 |
[19:56] | For what it’s worth, | 那是值得的 |
[19:57] | I don’t think he actually did commit suicide. | 我觉得他不是真的是自杀的 |
[20:05] | You remember Mrs. Dubois from the other day? | 你还记得那天来的Dubois夫人吗? |
[20:07] | And this is Detective Lee Scanlon | 这位是Lee Scanlon侦探 |
[20:09] | who works with my office on a regular basis. | 我们这里的常规案件都是他处理的 |
[20:11] | I’ve taken them into our confidence. | 我对他们都非常信任 |
[20:13] | He’s someone you can trust. | 他是你可以信任的人 |
[20:15] | Well, I’ll have to take your word for that. | 那我就接受你的说辞吧 |
[20:19] | Now, what am I doing here? | 现在,我在这里干嘛? |
[20:21] | Frankly, Mr. District Attorney, I have a funeral to plan. | 坦白说,地检官先生,我还有葬礼要计划 |
[20:25] | I appreciate that this is a difficult time. | 我很感谢你,因为这是非常困难的时期 |
[20:28] | But if I’m going to get you a death certificate | 但如果我要帮你拿到指出你的丈夫 |
[20:30] | that indicates your husband died in his sleep of natural causes, | 是在睡眠中自然死亡的死亡证明的话 |
[20:33] | I’m going to need your help answering some questions. | 我需要你的帮助来回答一些问题 |
[20:37] | Mr Rykoff, did you know your husband was taking dexohydrophan? | Rykoff夫人,你知道你的丈夫在 服用右旋水杨酸吗? |
[20:42] | Do you know what dexohydrophan is? | 你知道右旋水杨酸是什么吗? |
[20:46] | Well, you people are just determined | 你们刚决定了 |
[20:49] | to wake up every sleeping dog in the village, aren’t you? | 一定要趟这次的浑水了,是不是? |
[20:53] | Yes, I am familiar with the drug, | 是的,我对这种药品很熟悉 |
[20:55] | and I was entirely aware that my husband was taking it. | 我完全知道我的丈夫在服用它 |
[20:59] | He had been taking it since… | 他自从…90年代 |
[21:02] | some time in the early ’90s. | 早期的某个时候开始用的 |
[21:04] | Mrs. Rykoff, | Rykoff夫人 |
[21:05] | it’s my unrstanding that this drug is normally prescribed | 据我的理解这种药物通常是 |
[21:08] | to registered sex offenders. | 用于已登记的性侵犯者的 |
[21:11] | Why would the assembly…? | 为什么会在…? |
[21:15] | Years ago, I became aware that in addition | 几年前,我开始了解 |
[21:19] | to Henry’s voracious ambition, he also possessed | Henry除了他贪婪的野心外,还疯狂地 |
[21:23] | a seemingly endless appetite for… | 有一种嗜好… |
[21:28] | What’s the polite way to say it? Companionship? | 说好听点叫什么来着? 友谊? |
[21:33] | Not that he didn’t love me. | 倒不是他不爱我 |
[21:34] | I never doubted that. | 我从来没有对此怀疑过 |
[21:37] | But, apparently, in addition | 但是,很明显,除此之外 |
[21:40] | he needed something more dangerous, | 他需要一些更为危险的 |
[21:42] | something more… varied. | 一些更为…另类的东西 |
[21:45] | And you knew about this? | 你对此都有所了解? |
[21:47] | I sensed it. | 我感觉到的 |
[21:50] | We had no children. | 我们没有孩子 |
[21:53] | He was extraordinarily busy with his career. | 他的事业特别的忙碌 |
[21:57] | I still couldn’t account for all his time. | 我还是无法占据他所有的时间 |
[22:01] | One night, he came to me. | 有天晚上,他过来找我 |
[22:04] | He was terrified. | 他非常害怕 |
[22:05] | Something had happened. | 发生了一些事情 |
[22:09] | He never told me what, and I never asked. | 他从来没有告诉我 我也从来没有问他 |
[22:14] | Someone got pregnant, I suspect. | 我猜,是有人怀孕了 |
[22:16] | Whatever it was, whatever he had to do | 不管是什么,不管他要 |
[22:20] | to clean up after himself… | 怎么自己来收尾… |
[22:23] | it changed him. | 这都改变了他 |
[22:26] | He confessed to me that he just had these | 他向我承认他有一种 |
[22:29] | compulsions, he called them. | 强迫性冲动,他是这么说的 |
[22:33] | That he hated himself for it. | 他对此非常痛恨他自己 |
[22:37] | So he found this place in Minneapolis. | 所以他在明尼阿波利斯找到了这个地方 |
[22:41] | He spent two weeks, intense counseling, | 他花费了2个星期,进行强烈的咨询 |
[22:44] | medication. | 和药物治疗 |
[22:46] | And it seemed to work for him? | 看起来对他起作用了? |
[22:48] | It certainly worked for us. | 的确对我们起作用了 |
[22:52] | It became our secret… | 这变成了我们的秘密… |
[22:54] | our deep, dark secret. | 我们深深的,黑暗的秘密 |
[22:59] | Until today. | 直到今天 |
[23:02] | Actually bound us together in a way | 居然是那种不正常的 |
[23:04] | that old-fashioned intimacy never did. | 东西把我们大家绑在了一起 |
[23:10] | So now you know everything. | 所以现在你们都知道了 |
[23:12] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[23:13] | I still don’t understand. | 我还是不明白 |
[23:14] | When you found your husband the other night, | 当你那天晚上发现你的丈夫 |
[23:15] | it appears he was trying | 看起来他是在试图 |
[23:17] | to get a kind of a, um, heightened… | 得到一种,嗯,高潮… |
[23:20] | The drug kills the ability to get aroused, | 那种药物杀死了他勃起的能力 |
[23:24] | but not the instinct. | 但没有抑制他的本能 |
[23:26] | The way you sometimes | 就像你有时候会见过的 |
[23:27] | see a neutered dog | 那种被阉割后的狗 |
[23:34] | Oh, I felt so horrible for him sometimes. | 哦,我有时候觉得对他来说太可怕了 |
[23:41] | Is there anything else? | 还有其他的什么问题吗? |
[23:42] | I-I really would like to put him, this, | 我-我真的想把这些… |
[23:46] | all of this to rest. | 所有这些都随他而去 |
[23:50] | I’m good. | 我没了 |
[23:52] | I think we’re all good. | 我想我们都没问题了 |
[23:56] | That’s him. | 就是他 |
[23:58] | That’s the boy from my dream. | 这个就是我梦里的男孩 |
[24:00] | Ain’t modern science amazing? Just like on TV. | 现代科技是不是很神奇? 就像电视上演的 |
[24:03] | You give those guys a bag of bones, | 你给了那些家伙一包骨头 |
[24:04] | a day later, you get a name and a school picture. | 一天后,你就能得到名字和学校里的照片 |
[24:07] | Say hello to Jimmy Nessler. Jimmy Nessler. | – 向Jimmy Nessler问好 |
[24:12] | He just turned 12 at the time of his disappearance, | 在他消失的那会儿他才刚过12岁生日 |
[24:13] | which his parents first reported to police in 1991. | 在1991年他的父母第一时间 向警察进行了报告 |
[24:17] | 1991? | 1991年? |
[24:18] | My God, his parents– I can’t imagine their pain. | 上帝,他的父母– 我无法想像他们的痛苦 |
[24:23] | One of those nightmares you hear about | 不时从你那些恶梦 |
[24:24] | from time to time. | 中听到 |
[24:26] | Only child. | 只有孩子 |
[24:27] | Kids gets on his bike to go to school one morning, | 孩子一天骑着他的自行车去上学 |
[24:29] | never comes home. | 就再也没有回家 |
[24:30] | Nobody saw him, never left any clues. | 没有人再见过他 也没有留下任何线索 |
[24:34] | Just, uh, vanished. | 就只是,呃,消失不见了 |
[24:36] | It was an exhaustive search.It went on for months. | 然后就是地毯式搜寻 经过了好几个月 |
[24:38] | Has anyone called ’em yet? | 有人给他们打过电话吗? |
[24:39] | I mean, his parents? | 我是说,他的父母? |
[24:41] | Left the state in ’94. | 94年的时候离开了本州 |
[24:44] | The father died in a car accident two years later. | 2年后,父亲死于汽车事故 |
[24:46] | His blood-alcohol level was through the roof. | 他血液中的酒精含量 都超出了可测范围 |
[24:47] | Mother had a series of mental problems. | 母亲患上了一系列的精神问题 |
[24:49] | In and out of homeless shelters through the late ’90s. | 在90年代晚期不断出入于 无家可归者的栖身地 |
[24:52] | After that… | 那之后… |
[24:53] | So nothing’s different? | 没其他的事情了? |
[24:55] | If I’d never seen what I saw, if I never found what I found… | 如果我从没有见过我看见的 如果我从没有发现我发现的… |
[25:00] | everything would still be the same? | 所有的事情还会是一样的吗? |
[25:13] | MAN: Time to wake up, Jimmy. | 你该醒了,Jimmy |
[25:19] | You doing all right? | 你还好吗? |
[25:21] | That was quite a little nap you had for yourself. | 对你来说这个小盹的时间也太长了 |
[25:25] | Can I get you more to drink? | 我要帮你再拿点酒吗? |
[25:29] | Where’s my clothes? | 我的衣服在哪? |
[25:31] | You wanted to take a swim. | 你想要游泳 |
[25:33] | Do you remember taking a swim? | 你还记得你游过泳了吗? |
[25:37] | They’re over there. | 它们都在这里 |
[25:49] | Did you have a good time? | 你玩得愉快吗? |
[25:51] | I hope you had a good time. | 我希望你玩得很愉快 |
[25:54] | And don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[25:54] | I’m not going to let anyone know you were here. | 我不会让其他人知道你在这里待过 |
[25:57] | I know how much trouble a kid your age can get into | 我了解像你这种年纪的孩子 |
[25:59] | by skipping school. | 如果陷入逃学的问题里该有多大的麻烦 |
[26:02] | Did you put the dirty magazines back? | 你把那些黄色杂志放回去了吗? |
[26:05] | Can’t have my wife finding those. | 不能让我的妻子发现那些 |
[26:09] | But if you ever want to look at ’em again… | 但如果你还想要看看它们的话… |
[26:13] | I can even make you one of my special drinks. | 我可以再帮你弄一杯我特制的酒 |
[26:21] | Nice meeting you, Jimmy. | 很高兴见到你,Jimmy |
[26:26] | Go after him.Make sure he’s okay. | 跟着他,确保他没事 |
[26:27] | He’s okay. | 他没事 |
[26:29] | He’s drunk. | 他只是喝醉了 |
[26:31] | He’s young. He’s sweet. | 他很年轻,他很甜美 |
[26:34] | You know, I’m only a couple years older. | 你知道,我只比他大了几岁 |
[26:35] | It’s not about that. | 和这个无关 |
[26:37] | Just go after him. | 跟着他 |
[26:42] | ??? | 这两个我都认识 |
[26:56] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[26:58] | I’m impressed. | 我真是感动啊 |
[27:01] | There’s nothing impressive about a 55-year-old man | 对于一个55岁的老头来说没什么感动的 |
[27:03] | who gets up before dawn to trudge a mile and a half | 在太阳升起来之前起床 跋涉一英里半 |
[27:06] | just because he’s convinced if he doesn’t | 就因为他确信如果他没有这样做 |
[27:08] | he’ll die ten years before his time. | 他会在10年前就死去了 |
[27:10] | I beg to differ. I’m impressed. | 我不认同你的说法 我还是很感动 |
[27:12] | Duly noted. | 恰当的表扬 |
[27:13] | What brings you out at this ridiculous hour? | 是什么让你在这么个奇怪的时间 出来的? |
[27:15] | I called your house | 我打电话去你家 |
[27:16] | and your wife said you already left. | 你的妻子说你已经离开了 |
[27:19] | Henry Rykoff, the dead assemblyman, | Henry Rykoff,那个死去的议员 |
[27:22] | knew Jimmy Nessler. | 认识Jimmy Nessler |
[27:26] | Okay. | 好的 |
[27:31] | Allison, Jimmy Nessler’s been dead almost 15 years. | Allison, Jimmy Nessler已经死了15年了 |
[27:34] | He died from a combination | 他是死于 |
[27:35] | of starvation, dehydration and exposure. | 饥饿,脱水和暴露在外综合症 |
[27:37] | Assemblyman Rykoff died several days ago | 而Rykoff议员几天前死的 |
[27:39] | and in my opinion, by his own hand. | 在我的想法中,是死于自己之手 |
[27:43] | What do the two have to do with each other? | 这两个人互相之间有何牵连? |
[27:44] | I don’t know. Something. | 我不知道,一定有什么事 |
[27:47] | I think when Mrs. Rykoff was talking about | 我觉得在Rykoff夫人谈论 |
[27:49] | the assemblyman’s… appetites, | 议员的…嗜好时 其中或许就包括了那个男孩 |
[27:55] | And I presume all of this came to you the way that most things | 而我假定所有这些就像之前那些 |
[27:58] | come to you? | 一样告诉你的? |
[28:00] | I’m sorry, but I don’t see how any of this is relevant to anything. | 我很抱歉,但我还是不明白 这之间有什么相关的 |
[28:04] | The boy is dead. | 男孩死了 |
[28:05] | Rykoff is dead. | Rykoff死了 |
[28:06] | Since we can be reasonably certain | 那样我们起码相当确定 |
[28:09] | that the dead boy didn’t kill Rykoff…? | 死去的男孩没有杀死Rykoff…? |
[28:11] | What if it’s the other way around? | 如果是另外一种方式有关呢? |
[28:13] | I just like to confirm, in fact, the assemblyman knew the boy. | 我只是确信,实际上 议员认识那个男孩 |
[28:16] | Why? | 为什么? |
[28:18] | i’m sorry.I know why. | 对不起,我知道为什么 |
[28:19] | I guess what I’m really trying to say is would it be | 我猜我真正想要说的是这真的是一件 |
[28:21] | such a terrible thing to just let sleeping dogs lie? | 值得我们去多事的那么可怕的事情吗? |
[28:23] | Yes! | 是的! |
[28:25] | Isn’t Jimmy Nessler entitled to justice? | Jimmy Nessler就没有获得正义的资格吗? |
[28:28] | If someone stole his life, | 如果有人偷了他的生命 |
[28:29] | isn’t it our job to find out who did it? | 我们的职责不就是应该去找出来 是谁做的吗? |
[28:31] | Of course, it is, but the victim is long dead | 当然是这样,但被害人已经死了太长的时间 |
[28:34] | and the man you think might be responsible is dead, too. | 而你认为或许要对他死亡负责的 这个男人,也已经死了 |
[28:36] | And frankly, I’m dubious that any of is true. | 坦白说,我都怀疑这些是不是真的 |
[28:39] | And I strongly doubt that even if it were,we could prove any of it. | 我也强烈怀疑,即使这些都是真的 我们也没有办法来证明 |
[28:41] | What I am convinced of,given the times in which we live | 我所确信的是,给出我们居住的时期 |
[28:44] | and the climate in which we work, | 我们工作的气候 |
[28:45] | if you go swimming around in all this muck, | 如果你到这堆垃圾里面游泳 |
[28:47] | you will definitely stir up some kind of dirt | 你绝对会对此进行反击 |
[28:49] | and it may reflect badly on a man who isn’t alive | 但对于一个已死之人来说 |
[28:52] | to defend himself. | 就很难为他自己进行辩护了 |
[28:55] | So where does that leave us? | 所以我们还能做些什么呢? |
[28:57] | I’d still like to try and find out if he knew the boy. | 我还是想试试找出 他是否认识那个男孩 |
[29:01] | And how do you hope to do that? | 你希望怎么去做呢? |
[29:03] | Ask! | 去问! |
[29:04] | No, I am not bringing his widow back here. | 不,我不会再把他的遗孀带回来 |
[29:06] | She wasn’t out the door ten minutes | 她走出这扇门还没有十分钟 |
[29:08] | and the governor was on the phone lecturing me | 地方长官已经在电话里面训诫我 |
[29:10] | about decency and fairness | 要对悲痛之人 |
[29:11] | and respect for the grieving. | 给予庄重和尊重 |
[29:13] | Can I talk to his attorney? | 我能跟他的律师谈谈吗? |
[29:14] | Or what about that aide of his? | 或是他的助手谈谈? |
[29:16] | The one that his wife called to help move the body? | 就是那个他的妻子打电话叫来 帮忙搬动尸体的? |
[29:20] | Sir?! | 先生?! |
[29:20] | I have to take a shower. | 我必须去洗个澡 |
[29:22] | Just stay away from the widow. | 离那个遗孀远一点 |
[29:24] | And if the governor calls, I’m putting him on with you. | 如果地方长官打电话来问 我就让他来找你 |
[29:29] | I’m sure he knew him or at least knew of him. | 我肯定他认识他 或至少听说过他 |
[29:32] | We all did. I did. | 我们都认识,起码我认识 |
[29:34] | It was a big deal when this kid went missing. | 这个孩子失踪在当时可是件大事 |
[29:35] | I mean, our school organized search parties. | 我是说,我们的学校都组织了搜救队 |
[29:38] | I think I was in the tenth grade | 我想我那时是10年级 |
[29:39] | and he was in, like, seventh. | 而他是,像是,第七个年头 |
[29:42] | Yeah, definitely the assemblyman | 是的,议员当时绝对 |
[29:43] | was almost certainly aware of him. | 肯定了解他的事情 |
[29:45] | No, I mean, before he went missing. | 不,我是说,在他失踪之前 |
[29:46] | Do you think they knew each other, Mr. Frank? | 你觉得他们相互之间认识吗,Frank先生? |
[29:48] | Casey. Call me Casey. | Casey.叫我Casey |
[29:51] | I don’t know– this is all before my time. | 我不知道–这些事都发生在我任期之前 |
[29:53] | I didn’t start working for Mr. Rykoff | 我知道出了大学才开始 |
[29:54] | until I was out of college. | 为Rykoff先生工作 |
[29:56] | Hmm. But you knew him? | 嗯,但是你认识他? |
[29:59] | I did yard work for the Rykoffs. | 我帮Rykoffs做一些外围的工作 |
[30:01] | And Mr. Rykoff was very much a father figure to me. | Rykoff先生对我来说就像是个慈父 |
[30:03] | Really pushed me to go to college, | 真正地推动我去上大学 |
[30:04] | which I was not inclined to do. | 而我本不想那么做的 |
[30:05] | Introduced me to politics, | 给我介绍政治 |
[30:07] | or “public service,” which is what | 或”公众服务”他喜欢 |
[30:10] | he liked to call it. | 这么称呼它们 |
[30:10] | But again, back then, | 但话说回来 |
[30:12] | I was in high school. I have no idea he knew Jimmy. | 我那个时候还在高中 我一点都不知道他认识Jimmy |
[30:15] | I mean, why would he? | 我是说,他为什么会认识? |
[30:17] | Let me ask you a question. | 让我问你个问题 |
[30:18] | I read just this morning that you were being asked to run | 我今早刚知道你被要求 |
[30:21] | to fill the assemblyman’s vacant seat. | 填补议员空缺的位置 |
[30:24] | You’re young. | 你很年轻 |
[30:26] | You’re at the beginning of your career. | 你的事业才刚刚开始 |
[30:28] | You get a call in the middle of the night | 你在半夜接到一个电话 |
[30:30] | to move a dead body, | 去搬动一具死尸 |
[30:32] | to disturb what may be a crime scene. | 弄乱了可称之为犯罪现场的地方 |
[30:35] | At the very least, | 至至少 |
[30:36] | you must know you’re putting your future on the line. | 你一定知道你把自己的未来 放在了很不利的地方 |
[30:40] | Why did you do it? | 你为什么要那么做? |
[30:41] | Same reason you and your bosses are working | 与你和你的老板正在努力 |
[30:43] | so hard to cover it up. | 掩盖的理由是一样的 |
[30:46] | Because he’s earned that. | 因为他值得我们这么做 |
[30:48] | Because it’s the right thing to do. | 因为这是正确的事情 |
[30:50] | Because I was asked. | 因为我被要求如此 |
[30:52] | You make it sound like a privilege, fudging the truth. | 你把这一切都说成是一种特权 逃避事实 |
[30:56] | Maybe I’ve been in politics too long, but yes, | 或许我在政坛待的时间太长了 但,是的 |
[31:00] | I consider it an honor | 我把这个看做是种荣耀 |
[31:02] | to be asked to help a great man | 被要求去帮助一个伟大的男人 |
[31:04] | maintain his dignity at a moment | 在某个他没有能力来维护他自己的 |
[31:06] | when he doesn’t have the strength tdo it for himself. | 尊严之时,帮他来维护 |
[31:09] | So you really admired him? | 那你真的很尊敬他? |
[31:11] | I like to think I understood him. | 我比较喜欢认为是我理解他 |
[31:15] | You know, with all he accomplished, | 你知道,虽然他有诸多成就 |
[31:16] | Henry Rykoff was actually | 但Henry Rykoff实际上是一个 |
[31:19] | a very lonely and disconnected man. | 非常孤单,一个非常孤立的男人 |
[31:23] | But I’ll tell you something, when I was a kid, | 但我能告诉你一些事情 当我还是个孩子时 |
[31:25] | when I was constantly being told | 当我还在不断被告知 |
[31:27] | that I was not the smartest boy in the room or the best-looking | 我不是这里最聪明的,最好看的 |
[31:30] | or the strongest or the fastest, | 最强壮的,或跑得最快的男孩子时 |
[31:32] | Henry Rykoff– and I don’t know why– | 我不知道为什么– |
[31:34] | was the first adult to sayto me “Y | 是第一个对我说”是的”的成年人 |
[31:36] | “There’s a future for you if you want it, | “如果你想要,你就会有未来 |
[31:41] | if you’re willing to work for it.” | 只要你愿意为之去努力” |
[31:42] | He wrote letters of recommendation | 他写了推荐信 |
[31:44] | to get me into school, | 让我进入学校 |
[31:46] | loaned my mom money for tuition, | 借给我妈妈钱来付我的学费 |
[31:47] | and when I graduated, | 当我毕业的时候 |
[31:48] | he immediately took me under his wing, | 他立即把我收归羽下 |
[31:51] | made me part of his staff. | 让我成为他的职员之一 |
[31:54] | Why? | 为什么? |
[31:57] | I think he sensed I might have been a bit lonely, | 我想是他意识到我或许也已经太孤单 |
[32:01] | a bit disconnected, too. | 太被孤立了已久 |
[32:36] | Jim! | |
[32:39] | Jimmy… | |
[32:41] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[32:42] | No, I’m not okay! | 不,我不好! |
[32:45] | I don’t feel good! | 我感觉很不好! |
[32:47] | I feel sick! | 我感觉很恶心! |
[32:49] | And now I’m going to get in trouble for skipping school. | 现在我宁愿陷入逃学的麻烦了 |
[32:52] | And I think you and that old guy, | 我觉得你和那个老男人 |
[32:54] | I think you’re a couple of pervs. | 我觉得你们是一对恶魔 |
[32:56] | What are you talking about? | 你都在说什么呢? |
[32:57] | You know what I’m talking about! | 你知道我在说什么! |
[33:00] | How’d my clothes get off of me?! | 我的衣服是怎么从身上被脱掉的?! |
[33:03] | You wanted to swim. | 你想要游泳 |
[33:04] | No, I didn’t! I don’t even know how to swim! | 不,我没有! 我甚至都不知道怎么游泳! |
[33:09] | I feel so sick. | 我觉得太恶心了 |
[33:11] | I need my mom. | 我要我的妈妈 |
[33:13] | You’re a perv and that other guy’s a perv. | 你是个恶魔,那个家伙也是个恶魔 |
[33:16] | And I’m telling my mom. | 我要去告诉我妈妈 |
[33:17] | You put something in my soda. | 你们在我的苏打水里面放了什么东西 |
[33:19] | Nobody’s telling anybody anything. | 没人会告诉任何人任何事情 |
[33:21] | You understand? | 你明白吗? |
[33:24] | Nobody is telling anybody anything. | 没人会告诉任何人任何事情 |
[33:27] | Now you sit back down | 现在你坐下 |
[33:28] | and I promise you you’ll feel better soon. | 我向你保证你很快就会感觉好起来的 |
[33:31] | I’m going home. | 我要回家 |
[33:33] | And I’m telling… No, you’re not! | – 我要告诉… – 不,你不能! |
[33:37] | Now don’t be stupid. | 不要做傻事 |
[33:40] | You’re not going anywhere. | 你不会去任何地方 |
[33:41] | Not until you calm down. | 除非你冷静下来 |
[33:46] | What do you think you’re gonna say to your mother? | 你觉得你要告诉你妈妈些什么? |
[33:50] | Do you know who that old guy was? | 你知道那个老家伙是谁吗? |
[33:52] | Do you know how important he is? | 你知道他的权力有多大吗? |
[34:07] | There! | 下去了 |
[34:19] | What are you doing? | 你要干嘛? |
[34:20] | I’m getting my bike. | 我去拿我的自行车 |
[34:21] | Getting your bike? | 拿你的自行车? |
[34:23] | What are you, nuts? | 你怎么了,白痴了吗? |
[34:23] | You can’t even see the bottom of… Shut up! I’m getting it. | – 你甚至都看不到底… – 闭嘴!我要去拿 |
[34:28] | You don’t seem to be making much progress. | 你看起来可没有什么进展 |
[34:31] | This was dumb. Help me out. | 这是个无底洞 把我弄出去 |
[34:33] | What, so you can run home to Mommy and tell her all kinds of lies? | 什么,那你就能跑回家 跟妈妈说所有那些谎话了? |
[34:36] | Just help me out. Give me your hand. | 把我弄出去 把你的手给我 |
[34:37] | What are you going to tell Mommy? | 你要告诉你妈妈什么? |
[34:38] | Just give me your hand! | 把你的手给我! |
[34:43] | Swear to… | 你要发誓… |
[34:44] | Oh… | 哦… |
[34:45] | Jimmy! | |
[34:50] | Jimmy! | |
[34:54] | He’s dead. | 他死了 |
[34:56] | What? | 什么? |
[34:58] | These are his books. | 这些是他的书 |
[35:00] | They’re the only thing left. | 它们是唯一留下的东西了 |
[35:03] | He fell. | 他掉下去了 |
[35:05] | I mean, he was climbing because I threw his bike | 我是说,因为我把他的自行车扔了 下去,所以他爬下洞 |
[35:07] | and he asked me for help, but I-I couldn’t help. | 然后他向我求救 但我-我没法帮他 |
[35:09] | Put those in here. | 把那些东西放到这里来 |
[35:20] | Casey… my Casey. | Casey… 我的Casey |
[35:24] | Casey. | |
[35:31] | CASEY: So, how can I be of help? | 我有什么可以帮忙的? |
[35:35] | As you may or may not be aware, | 你或许已经或还没有知道 |
[35:37] | when we recovered Jimmy Nessler’s remains | 我们这个星期早些时候 |
[35:40] | earlier in the week | 从那个有生命的洞穴底部 |
[35:40] | from the bottom of that living cave | 得到了Jimmy Nessler的遗物时 |
[35:42] | we also recovered some other artifacts | 我们同时找到了一些其他之前的东西 |
[35:45] | that apparently had been down there | 很明显和他掉下去的时候 |
[35:47] | as long as he had. Okay… | – 差不多掉下去的东西 – 好吧… |
[35:49] | A bicycle, that apparently was his, | 一辆自行车,很明显就是他的 |
[35:52] | some microscopic bits of fiber | 一些微细的纤维物质 |
[35:55] | that we believe is all that’s left of his clothes | 我们相信这都来自于他的衣服残留 |
[35:58] | after 15 years in the elements, | 15年后都化成了灰 |
[36:00] | and a Saint Christopher’s medal. | 还有一枚Saint Christopher的奖章 |
[36:03] | This is all fascinating, but… | 这些实在是太不可思议了,但是… |
[36:06] | The back of the medal was engraved with the initials | 奖章的被后雕刻了几个大写字母 |
[36:08] | “C-E-F.” | |
[36:09] | Those are your initials, aren’t they? | 那是你名字的缩写,是不是? |
[36:11] | Casey Edward Frank. | |
[36:13] | Also the date, 11-15-74. | 还有上面的日期 |
[36:16] | That’s your birthday. | 那是你的生日 |
[36:18] | So you’re suggesting…? | 所以你们在暗示…? |
[36:20] | That perhaps it might just be your medal. | 或许这可能是你的奖章 |
[36:24] | Okay, I’ll concede that. It just might be. | 好吧,我就先承认着 或许是我的 |
[36:26] | What’s the point? | 重点是什么? |
[36:27] | No point. | 没有重点 |
[36:29] | Not a big one anyway. | 至少没有什么大的问题 |
[36:30] | Just that, you told Mrs. Dubois | 只是,你刚在昨天告诉过Dubois夫人 |
[36:32] | only yesterday that you really didn’t know | 你真的不认识这个 |
[36:34] | the Nessler boy, not personally. | Nessler男孩,不时私人交情 |
[36:35] | And I didn’t. Did I play near those caves? | 的确不是,我有没有在那些洞的旁边玩过? |
[36:38] | Horse around there? | 骑车经过那里? |
[36:40] | Sure. Everyone did. | 当然,每个人都会 |
[36:41] | Is it possible that I dropped or lost my medal? | 会不会是我丢掉或弄丢了我的奖章? |
[36:45] | Sure. Where are you going with this? | 当然.你们准备如何处理呢? |
[36:48] | Not going anywhere. | 不做任何处理 |
[36:50] | Just, now that you’re going to be running for public office, | 只是,现在你正准备竞选政府官员 |
[36:52] | now that you’re going to be | 现在你会接受一些 |
[36:54] | under some scrutiny, we just want to give you | 详细的询问,我们只是想给你一个 |
[36:56] | a chance to revise your statement | 机会来修正你的陈述 |
[36:58] | with regard to how well you knew | 主要是你对Nessler男孩 |
[36:59] | the Nessler boy, if… you chose to. | 的认识有多深 如果…你选择那么做的话 |
[37:03] | I don’t need to revise my statement. | 我不需要修正我的陈述 |
[37:04] | I stand by what I said. | 我坚定我所说的 |
[37:08] | Are we through here? | 我们搞定了吗? |
[37:09] | Just one more thing, uh, as you know I’m… | 还只有一件事情 呃,你知道我… |
[37:12] | working to get the coroner | 正在做工作让验尸官 |
[37:13] | to issue a death certificate for Assemblyman Rykoff | 为Rykoff议员发表一份死亡证明 |
[37:16] | that would indicate he died of natural causes, | 里面要指出他是自然死亡 |
[37:18] | and I almost had him there, but… | 我几乎都已经搞定了,但是… |
[37:20] | then he realized that the trauma to the back | 他注意到了议员脖子 |
[37:23] | of the assemblyman’s neck | 后面的外伤 |
[37:24] | was as severe as the trauma to the front. | 和前面的外伤一样严重 |
[37:27] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[37:28] | You’re losing me. If a man wereto hang himself, | – 你把我搞糊涂了 – 如果一个男人要把自己吊死 |
[37:32] | even if it was only a botched attempt | 即使只是为了 |
[37:34] | to heighten sexual sensation, | 提高性高潮的程度 |
[37:36] | the trauma would only occur to the front of the neck– | 这种外伤也只可能出现在脖子前面– |
[37:38] | the place where the noose and the throat meet. | 出现在绳套和喉咙接近的地方 |
[37:41] | It would take someone coming up from behind the assemblyman, | 应该是有某人出现在了议员的背后 |
[37:45] | strangling him with great force, | 用武力扼死了他 |
[37:46] | to create the kind of trauma apparent at the back | 所以在脖子的后面弄出了 |
[37:48] | of the neck. | 明显的外伤 |
[37:51] | Wh… what are you saying? We’re saying that | – 你们…你们在说什么? – 我们说的是 |
[37:53] | it appears that someone murdered Henry Rykoff, | 一切显示是有人谋杀了Henry Rykoff |
[37:55] | then staged it to make it look as though | 然后把现场伪装成看起来像是 |
[37:57] | he accidentally caused his own death. | 他意外导致自己的死亡 |
[38:04] | And you think that someone is me. | 而你们觉得某人就是我 |
[38:08] | With any murder case, | 在任何一件谋杀案中 |
[38:09] | we look for means, motive and opportunity. | 我们都要寻找手段,动机和机会 |
[38:11] | You certainly had the means. | 你的确拥有这手段 |
[38:13] | You have the physical strength to strangle | 你有足够强壮的力量来扼死 |
[38:15] | the assemblyman and lift him into that noose. | 议员并把他弄到那个套索中 |
[38:18] | You had the opportunity. | 你也有机会 |
[38:19] | We’re very aware that you | 我们都非常明白 |
[38:20] | had a key to the Rykoff residence | 你有Rykoff住所的钥匙 |
[38:22] | along with their alarm codes, that you frequently took care | 还有他们的警报密码 因为在他们离家的时候 |
[38:25] | of their home when they were away. | 你经常会去照顾他们的家 |
[38:27] | And as far as the motive, | 而说到动机 |
[38:29] | congratulations on running unopposed | 祝贺你可以在没有 |
[38:31] | to fill the assemblyman’s seat. | 对手的情况下填补议员的位置 |
[38:33] | That’s absurd. This whole thing’s absurd | 太荒谬了.这整件事情都太荒谬了 |
[38:36] | Everyone knew I was being groomed as Henry’s successor. | 每个人都知道我是Henry的继承者 |
[38:39] | Everyone knew he was planning to retire | 每个人都知道他正在计划 |
[38:40] | after this term. Do you honestly believe | 此任结束后就退休 你们真的相信 |
[38:43] | I would kill a man to take something | 我会杀死这个男人来获取 |
[38:45] | he was prepared to give me a year and a half from now? | 他已经准备好在一年或者半年 以后就给我的东西吗? |
[38:49] | I’m going to remember this moment, | 我会记住这个时刻的 |
[38:50] | Mr. District Attorney. | 地检官先生 |
[38:52] | When I’m sitting in the state capital building | 当我坐在州首府 |
[38:54] | staring at your budget, | 盯着你的预算的时候 |
[38:56] | contemplating anything to do with you | 考虑是否要对你或你的 |
[38:58] | or your office, I will remember this moment. | 办公室做什么动作的时候 我会记住这个时刻的 |
[39:02] | I thought you were a smart man. | 我以为你是个聪明人 |
[39:04] | I thought you were smart people. | 我以为你们都是聪明人 |
[39:05] | But smart people don’t make absurd allegations. | 但聪明人是不会作出荒谬的言论 |
[39:08] | And they certainly don’t make absurd allegations | 它们的确不会作出他们无法 |
[39:10] | they can’t prove. | 证明的荒谬言论 |
[39:13] | I’ll see myself out. | 我先告辞 |
[39:20] | He’s right. We can’t prove a damn thing and he knows it. (sighing) | 他是对的.我们无法证明 这件事情,他非常清楚 |
[39:24] | ALLISON: I know what happened. | 我知道发生了什么事情 |
[39:25] | I know who did it. I just can’t prove it. | 我知道是谁做的 我只是无法去证明 |
[39:28] | And I’m never going to be able to. | 我也没有能力去证明 |
[39:30] | Well, you know what you need? | 你知道你需要什么吗? |
[39:34] | A good night’s sleep. | 一夜好觉 |
[39:36] | Trust me. Just close your eyes, | 相信我,只要闭上你的眼睛 |
[39:38] | get some rest and everything will look better in the morning. (groaning) | 休息一下,到了早上 一切都会变好的 |
[39:41] | That’s easy for you to say. | 你说起来简单 |
[39:43] | You’re right. In fact, I think I’ll say it again. | 你说的对 实际上,我觉得我会再说一遍 |
[39:45] | Close your eyes… | 闭上你的眼睛… |
[39:46] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[39:53] | CASEY: Hey, you wanted to see me? | 嘿,你想见我? |
[39:55] | Casey, my Casey. | Casey,我的Casey |
[39:57] | Thanks for coming over, um… | 谢谢你过来,嗯… |
[40:06] | I’ve been thinking a lot about the plans we made, | 我一直在想我们做的那个计划 |
[40:08] | my… | 我… |
[40:09] | not running this term, endorsing you. | 不再继续我的任期,而推荐你 |
[40:13] | Truth is, I just don’t think I can do it. | 事实上,我觉得我无法这么做 |
[40:17] | What? | 什么? |
[40:19] | I’m gonna run again. | 我会继续我的任期 |
[40:21] | And I’d very much like your help. | 我非常希望能得到你的帮助 |
[40:26] | Are you forgetting I know things? | 你是否忘记我知道一些事情了吗? |
[40:28] | I know things that would make it very difficult | 我知道一些会让你的重新选举 |
[40:31] | for you to get reelected. | 变得非常困难的事情 |
[40:34] | That’s a silly threat, young man. | 那是个蠢招,年轻人 |
[40:36] | You know things. | 你是知道一些事情 |
[40:38] | And everything you know about me involves you, too. | 你所知道的一切事情也都和你有关 |
[40:42] | So while you might be able | 或许你能够 |
[40:43] | to tarnish me at the end of my career, | 在我任期结束之时败坏我的名声 |
[40:45] | you’ll destroy your own in the process. | 但你也会同时摧毁你自己的生涯 |
[40:47] | Well, I might do it anyway. | 我或许无论如何都会那么做 |
[40:49] | I don’t want to wait another four years. | 我不想再等另外4年 |
[40:54] | I can’t. You can. | – 我不能 – 你能 |
[40:56] | And you will. | 你也会的 |
[40:58] | Now let’s not forget who has what on whom. | 现在,让我们不要忘记谁在谁的手上 |
[41:01] | You have nothing on me. | 我没有什么把柄在你手上 |
[41:04] | I’m the victim in all this. | 我是这一切的受害者 |
[41:06] | That’s not the way I see it. | 我可不是那样看的 |
[41:15] | The Nessler boy’s book bag. | 那个Nessler男孩的书包 |
[41:17] | Covered with your fingerprints all over it. | 上面全部都是你的指纹 |
[41:19] | Maybe not enough to prove you killed him, | 或许还不足够证明是你杀了他 |
[41:22] | but you’d certainly have a lot of questions to answer. | 但你肯定会有许多问题要回答 |
[41:28] | So… let’s calm down. | 所以…冷静下来 |
[41:31] | It’s only four more years. | 只是再多等4年 |
[41:34] | And who knows? | 谁知道呢? |
[41:36] | Maybe you’ll get lucky. | 或许你会很幸运 |
[41:37] | I could die in office. | 我会在办公室死去 |
[41:46] | Everything okay? Everything’s fine. | – 没事吧? – 一切都好 |
[41:48] | Everything’s great. | 一切都太好了 |
[41:50] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[41:51] | I closed my eyes and suddenly | 我闭上了眼睛,突然 |
[41:53] | everything was better. | 一切都好了 |
[41:54] | Who are you calling? | 你要打电话给谁? |
[41:55] | A locksmith I know. | 一个我认识的锁匠 |
[41:58] | Sorry to wake you, Mr. District Attorney. | 抱歉叫醒你,地检官先生 |
[42:01] | Uh… | 呃… |
[42:02] | there’s a safe that you and I need to crack right now. | 有一个我和你需要立马打开的保险箱 |