时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | And lead us not into temptation, | 不要让我们陷于诱惑 |
[00:02] | “But deliver us from evil. | 但救我们免于凶恶 |
[00:04] | “For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory | 因为国度 权柄 荣耀 都属于你 |
[00:08] | forever and ever.” Amen. | 直到永远 阿门 |
[00:14] | You done? | 完了 |
[01:04] | – What was that? – I think it was Marie. | -怎么回事 -我想是玛丽 |
[01:09] | What is it, sweetie? What’s wrong? | 怎么了 亲爱的 出了什么事 |
[01:11] | Daddy, Daddy, there was a man out there. | 爸爸 爸爸 有个男人在外面 |
[01:13] | What? What? | 什么 |
[01:16] | It’s okay. | 没事了 |
[02:06] | The guy’s name is Matt Mulhearn. | 那个人叫马特·马尔哈恩 |
[02:08] | Did you know him? | 你认识他吗 |
[02:09] | Not really. | 不熟 |
[02:10] | I’d see him around from time to time. | 我有时会在附近看到他 |
[02:12] | I’d wave at him or his wife. | 跟他和他太太打个招呼 |
[02:14] | Oh, my God, his wife, his kids. | 上帝啊 他太太 他的孩子们 |
[02:16] | They’re fine. | 他们都没事 |
[02:17] | Everyone except Mr. Mulhearn here | 除了马尔哈恩先生 |
[02:18] | was in Chandler with one of the grandparents. | 其他人跟祖父或者祖母去了钱德勒 |
[02:21] | Wife’s on her way back now. | 他太太正在赶回来的路上 |
[02:23] | This is the third | 过去一个月闯入屋内的谋杀案件中 |
[02:24] | home invasion murder in the past month. | 这是第三起 |
[02:27] | The first two happened in the Western Precinct so, uh, | 前两起发生在西部区域 |
[02:29] | their homicide squad’s handling the investigation, | 所以由他们的凶杀组负责调查 |
[02:32] | but this matches the M.O. Exactly. | 但是作案手法是一模一样 |
[02:35] | Someone pried open the back door, | 有人撬开了后门 |
[02:37] | forced your neighbor here to open the family safe, | 威逼你邻居解除安全装置 |
[02:40] | and then put a bullet in the back of his head. | 然后开枪崩了他的后脑勺 |
[02:42] | I know. I dreamt it last night. | 我知道 我昨晚梦到了 |
[02:45] | Th-The last part of it anyway. | 至少是梦到了最后一幕 |
[02:47] | But you mean you didn’t come all the way out here to say hi? | 但是你说你从没来他们家走走 |
[02:50] | So, uh… give me a description of the shooter. | 那么 给我描述一下杀手吧 |
[02:54] | I can do one better than that. | 有比描述来得更好的 |
[02:55] | I can give you an eyewitness. | 我能给你一个目击者 |
[03:01] | Hey, Mommy, what happened? | 妈妈 出了什么事 |
[03:03] | What’s with all the cop cars outside | 为什么半夜里 |
[03:04] | in the middle of the night? | 外面来了那么多辆警车 |
[03:05] | Our neighbors, the Mulhearns– | 我们的邻居 马尔哈恩先生 |
[03:08] | somebody broke into their house. | 有人闯进了他们的房子 |
[03:10] | Are they okay? | 他们没事吧 |
[03:12] | Well, it could have been worse. | 值得庆幸得是 |
[03:14] | Only Mr. Mulhearn was home. | 只有马尔哈恩先生在家 |
[03:18] | Sweetie– | 亲爱的 |
[03:20] | honey, the police are going to want to talk to you tomorrow | 宝贝 警察明天需要跟你谈谈 |
[03:23] | about that man that you saw. | 事关你看到的那个男人 |
[03:25] | Is he going to come back? | 他还会再来吗 |
[03:26] | No, honey. | 不 亲爱的 |
[03:28] | The people that I work with, they’re going to catch him. | 跟我一起工作的人 他们会逮到他 |
[03:30] | They’re going to put him in jail. | 将他绳之以法 |
[03:32] | Okay, but can I please sleep with you guys tonight? | 好的 但今晚我能跟你们一起睡吗 |
[03:35] | Of course you can. | 当然可以 |
[03:37] | Wait a second. Well, then who’s going to sleep with me? | 等一下 那么谁来跟我睡 |
[03:44] | Remember how when we first moved in here, | 还记得我们第一次搬来这里时 |
[03:48] | we talked about getting a burglar alarm? | 讨论过要安装一个防盗器 |
[03:52] | I’ll call tomorrow. | 我明天就打电话 |
[03:55] | I’m interested in Southfork | 我对南福克大学非常感兴趣 |
[03:57] | because it combines the advantages of a small school | 因为它结合了小型学校的优点 |
[03:59] | with the benefits of a large public university. | 和大型公立大学长处 |
[04:01] | The ratio of teachers to students is low, | 老师和学生的比例低 |
[04:03] | which is something I’m definitely looking for. | 这就是我一直在寻找的学校 |
[04:09] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[04:10] | Does it sound weird talking about ratios? | 谈起比例问题是不是很奇怪 |
[04:12] | Maybe I should just say, like, “Class sizes” Or something. | 也许我应该说每班学生人数之类的 |
[04:14] | I don’t think it matters. | 我觉得这样无伤大雅 |
[04:15] | I mean, you already rocked your SATs. | 你已经搞定了大学入学考试 |
[04:17] | You really think this interview is that important? | 你真的认为面试那么重要吗 |
[04:19] | It’s for Southfork. | 这可是南福克大学啊 |
[04:21] | I mean, they’re sending someone all the way down here to do it. | 他们可是有派人下来专职做面试 |
[04:25] | World themes is calling. | 世界的主题在呼唤 |
[04:26] | You ever read Beowulf? Uh-uh. | 你读过贝奥武甫吗 |
[04:29] | Yeah, me either, and I’m about to have a test on it. | 我也没读过 而且我马上就要考这个了 |
[04:32] | Later. | 待会见 |
[04:32] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[04:40] | Southfork, huh? | 南福克 |
[04:42] | That’s a good school. | 那可是个好学校 |
[04:43] | Tough to get into, though. | 但是很难进 |
[04:46] | That’s what I hear. | 我听说也是这样 |
[04:49] | Did you know that less than ten percent of the people | 你知道吗 去年申请的人中 |
[04:50] | who applied there last year got in? | 只有不到百分之十的人录取了 |
[04:53] | Those are brutal odds. | 这可是残酷的比率 |
[04:56] | Excuse me, do you work here? | 不好意思 你在这里工作吗 |
[04:58] | Are you a-a teacher or something? | 你是老师吗 |
[05:00] | No. | 不是 |
[05:02] | Okay, so then what are you doing here? | 那么你在这里干什么呢 |
[05:04] | Why are you hanging around a high school library? | 你为什么要在高中图书馆里闲逛 |
[05:06] | We’re not even supposed to be talking. | 我们不应该在这里聊天 |
[05:07] | People are trying to study. | 大家都在学习呢 |
[05:09] | Oh, don’t worry, nobody can hear us. Honest. | 别担心 没人听得见咱们说话 真的 |
[05:13] | Honest! | 真的 |
[05:19] | You’re… | 你是… |
[05:20] | Yeah, as a doornail. | 是啊 已经死了 |
[05:21] | Almost three months now. | 大概三个月了 |
[05:23] | Heart attack. | 心脏病发作 |
[05:24] | Tenth mile of a training run. | 第十公里的跑步训练 |
[05:26] | My name is Alan Hahn, Dr. Alan Hahn. | 我叫艾伦·哈恩 艾伦·哈恩博士 |
[05:29] | I was a… A professor of romantic literature at Southfork. | 我曾是南福克大学浪漫主义文学的教授 |
[05:33] | Tenured professor. | 终身教授 |
[05:35] | Head of the department actually. | 事实上是该部门的头 |
[05:37] | Okay | 是吗 |
[05:38] | Well, then it’s, um, it’s really nice to meet you, I guess. | 嗯 非常高兴遇见你 |
[05:43] | Well, it’s nice to meet you, too. | 我也很高兴遇见你 |
[05:51] | Ariel… | 艾丽尔 |
[05:53] | I think I can help you get into Southfork. | 我觉得我能帮助你进入南福克大学 |
[05:55] | In fact, I can pretty much guarantee | 事实上 我几乎可以保证 |
[05:57] | that you’ll get into Southfork. | 你能进入南福克大学 |
[06:00] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[06:01] | Mm-hmm. | 是的 |
[06:02] | How can you be so sure? | 你怎么能如此肯定 |
[06:04] | Well, when I was alive, I was married to a woman | 我活着的时候 曾经跟一个女人结婚 |
[06:07] | named Sondra Hahn-Barker. | 那个女人叫桑德拉·哈恩·巴克 |
[06:11] | Sound familiar? | 听起来耳熟吗 |
[06:12] | She’s interviewing me tomorrow. | 她明天要面试我 |
[06:15] | Yes, Sondra is a very successful attorney. | 是的 桑德拉是个非常成功的代理人 |
[06:18] | She’s one of Southfork’s most active alumni. | 她是南福克最活跃的校友 |
[06:20] | She’s on the board of directors. | 她是校董会成员 |
[06:21] | She’s raised god knows how much money for that place | 她为那个地方拉来很多钱 |
[06:23] | If you get her stamp of approval, | 如果你得到了她的批准 |
[06:25] | you are in– it’s as simple as that. | 你就进去了 非常简单 |
[06:27] | And I can tell you exactly how to do it. | 而且我完全能告诉你怎么做 |
[06:30] | If you listen to me, | 如果你听我的 |
[06:31] | you will give the interview of Sondra’s life, | 你就能给桑德拉留下深刻印象 |
[06:34] | ’cause I know just what she wants to hear. | 因为我知道她想听什么 |
[06:40] | Okay, but… | 可是 |
[06:42] | why would you do that for me? | 为什么你要帮我 |
[06:46] | A very good and canny question. | 非常好而且狡黠的问题 |
[06:48] | It is, after all, a rather large favor. | 这毕竟是个非常大的帮忙 |
[06:51] | In return for which, I’m asking only a small one. | 作为回报 我只要你帮一个小忙 |
[06:53] | At the interview, Sondra will have a laptop. | 面试时 桑德拉会带一台笔记本 |
[06:57] | It was mine. | 那是我的 |
[06:58] | There’s a file on there I’d rather she not see. | 上面有个文件夹 我不想她看到 |
[07:01] | When an opportunity presents itself– | 当机会来的时候 |
[07:03] | and I know that one will– | 而且我知道会有机会 |
[07:04] | all you have to do is just delete the file. | 你只需要帮我删除那个文件夹 |
[07:09] | How do you know | 你怎么知道 |
[07:09] | that she’ll leave me alone with that computer? | 她会让我独自去用电脑 |
[07:11] | Oh, the same way I know that | 就像我深信 |
[07:14] | you’re going to pass this interview with flying colors. | 你能通过面试一样 |
[07:16] | Yes, it’s one of the few perks of my current condition. | 这是我死后的好处之一 |
[07:19] | What else do you need to know? | 你还需要知道些什么 |
[07:21] | What’s on this file that you want me to delete? | 你想让我删除的那个文件上到底有些什么 |
[07:25] | Well, that’s just… | 那只是 |
[07:26] | uh, it’s personal. | 是些私人的东西 |
[07:28] | It’s, uh, no big deal. | 不值得一提 |
[07:29] | It’s just– it’s embarrassing. | 只是些令人尴尬的东西 |
[07:34] | Honestly, there’s just some, | 说实话 你知道 |
[07:36] | uh, material I’d rather, you know, my wife not know about. | 就是些我不太想让我妻子知道的材料 |
[07:39] | It’s just, you know, some Web sites I was visiting, you know. | 只是些我浏览过的网站信息而已 |
[07:44] | I think you-you understand what I’m talking about. | 我想你该明白我的意思 |
[07:47] | Yeah, I got the idea. | 是的 我知道了 |
[07:51] | Hello. | 您好 |
[07:52] | Your security system is ready for activation. | 您的安全系统已经安装完毕 |
[07:55] | Cool. It talks. | 太酷了 它还可以说话 |
[07:57] | Sure does. | 当然可以了 |
[07:58] | The 2100 will even react to | 到2100年的时候甚至都可以 |
[07:59] | the sound of your voice, | 对你的声音作出反应 |
[08:00] | if your hands are full and you can’t punch in your code. | 如果你没办法腾出双手来输密码的话 |
[08:03] | Okay, um… | 好了 |
[08:06] | Your security system is armed. | 您的安全系统已启动 |
[08:10] | Once it’s armed, and the sensor’s been tripped, | 一旦警报器启动了 探测器被触动 |
[08:14] | you have 20 seconds to turn it off | 在警报器开始报警之前 |
[08:15] | before the alarm goes off. | 你有二十秒的时间来把它关掉 |
[08:21] | Your security system is disarmed. | 您的安全系统已关闭 |
[08:23] | What else does it say? | 它还会说什么 |
[08:25] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[08:26] | The alarm. | 警报器 |
[08:27] | What else does it say? | 它还会说些什么 |
[08:29] | Uh, pretty much just “Armed” and “Disarmed.” | 差不多就只是”启动”和”关闭”了 |
[08:31] | I can set it up to tell you | 如果你们愿意 我可以设置显示 |
[08:32] | which alarm sensor’s been tripped if you want. | 是哪个警报传感器被触动了 |
[08:34] | Can it say our name? | 它能说出我们的名字吗 |
[08:37] | Not quite there yet. | 还没到那种程度 |
[08:38] | Maybe next year’s model. | 或许明年的型号可以 |
[08:41] | All right, well, the alarm is set. | 好了 报警器已经设好了 |
[08:42] | Don’t open a window unless you want the police here. | 如果不想要警察过来就别打开窗子了 |
[08:45] | Good to know. | 幸好你告诉我了 |
[08:47] | You’ve been, uh, in there for 45 minutes. | 你在那边都呆了四十五分钟了 |
[08:50] | What have you been doing? | 你都干嘛了 |
[08:51] | I was making the Mulhearns lasagna. | 我在给马尔哈恩一家做意大利面 |
[08:53] | I’m going to drop it off in the morning. | 明早给他们送过去 |
[08:56] | Oh, that poor woman. | 哦 好可怜的女人 |
[08:58] | I think her name is Amy. | 我想她叫艾米吧 |
[09:00] | I can’t even imagine what she’s dealing with right now. | 我都无法想象她现在得面对些什么事情 |
[09:03] | Losing her husband suddenly like that? | 突然就那样子没了丈夫 |
[09:05] | Mommy? | 妈妈 |
[09:07] | I can’t get tired. | 我睡不着 |
[09:08] | I’m still too scared. | 我还是很害怕 |
[09:10] | You know we’ve got an alarm now, | 你看我们现在已经装上警报器了 |
[09:11] | sweetie, right? | 亲爱的 对吗 |
[09:12] | It’s on and everything. | 已经开着了 没事的 |
[09:14] | I know. | 我知道 |
[09:15] | You want to sleep with us again tonight? | 你今晚还想和我们一起睡吗 |
[09:17] | – Hmm -All right. | -是的 -好吧 |
[09:19] | Come on, you little one. | 走吧 你这个小不点 |
[09:26] | Your security system is armed. | 您的安全系统已启动 |
[09:31] | Your security system is disarmed. | 您的安全系统已关闭 |
[09:36] | Your security system is armed. | 您的安全系统已启动 |
[09:40] | It’s all right, Marie. | 都好着呢 玛丽 |
[09:42] | The house is safe. | 屋子很安全 |
[09:44] | You heard me. I said you’re safe. | 你听到了 我说了你很安全 |
[09:47] | You could talk? | 你可以说话啊 |
[09:48] | I sure can, Marie. | 我当然可以 玛丽 |
[09:50] | My name’s Sal, and I’m here to protect you. | 我的名字叫萨尔 我在这里保护着你 |
[09:53] | And I hope that you and I are going to be very good friends. | 我希望我们能成为非常好的朋友 |
[10:04] | Oh. Hi. | 哦 你好 |
[10:06] | Allison, right? | 艾莉森 对吗 |
[10:08] | Um, I hope I’m not intruding. | 希望我没有打扰你 |
[10:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[10:13] | Everyone’s been so kind. | 大家对我都很好 |
[10:15] | I can’t tell you how much we appreciate it. | 你都不知道我有多感激 |
[10:19] | Um, would you like to come inside? | 你愿意进屋坐会吗 |
[10:21] | Another neighbor brought a deli tray by. | 另一个邻居带给我了一盘熟食 |
[10:22] | I-I made coffee. | 我煮了咖啡 |
[10:24] | Well, I would love to. | 好啊 我很想 |
[10:25] | I’m, I’m just a little late for work. | 只是我上班快迟到了 |
[10:27] | Um, another time? | 换个时间吧 |
[10:29] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:30] | I’ve actually got to get going, too, Amy. | 我也必须得走了艾米 |
[10:32] | Okay. Um… Allison, | 好的 艾莉森 |
[10:35] | have you ever met Josh Berryman? | 你有见过乔希·贝里曼吗 |
[10:37] | He lives right around the corner. | 他就住在拐角那 |
[10:46] | Hate that we’re meeting ’cause of this, | 很抱歉因为这事情我们才相见 |
[10:47] | but, uh, it’s always nice to meet your neighbors. | 不过能认识邻居总是件令人高兴的事情 |
[10:53] | Take care, Amy. | 保重 艾米 |
[10:55] | Bye. | 再见 |
[11:00] | Berryman worked as a software consultant | 贝里曼在他的公司破产之前 |
[11:02] | until his company went under, | 是名软件顾问 |
[11:03] | that was about two years ago. | 这都是两年前的事情了 |
[11:05] | Wife filed for divorce ten months ago. | 妻子于十个月前申请离婚 |
[11:06] | Mortgage is eight months in arrears. | 抵押贷款拖欠了八个月 |
[11:08] | Does he have an alibi for the night of the Mulhearn murder? | 马尔哈恩被谋杀当晚他有不在场证明吗 |
[11:11] | Nope. Doesn’t have one for the nights | 没有 也没有另外两起谋杀案的 |
[11:12] | of the other two murders, either. | 不在场的证明 |
[11:14] | Way Berryman tells it, | 按照贝里曼的说法 |
[11:16] | he spends most nights watching TV at home by his lonesome. | 他晚上大多都是独自在家看电视 |
[11:20] | Still and all, I know this guy’s broke, but, uh… | 尽管我知道这家伙破产了 可是 |
[11:23] | he just doesn’t strike me as the home-invading, | 我并不觉得他是个入室 |
[11:25] | execution-style-murdering type. | 进行枪决型谋杀的犯人 |
[11:28] | It’s him. | 就是他 |
[11:29] | He did it. | 就是他杀的 |
[11:29] | He’s the man I saw. | 他就是我梦见的那个人 |
[11:32] | Well, there’s one way to find out for sure. | 好吧 有种办法能够让我们找出真相 |
[11:36] | You ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[11:47] | Okay, Marie, | 好了 玛丽 |
[11:48] | you see all those men in the room there? | 你看到在这个房间里所有的人了吗 |
[11:50] | Let me tell you a secret. | 我告诉你个秘密 |
[11:52] | You can see them, but they can’t see you. | 你能看见他们 可是他们看不见你 |
[11:55] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[11:57] | So all you have to do | 你要做的 |
[11:58] | is point out the man that you saw running | 就是指出你所看到的 |
[11:59] | through your backyard, | 跑过你家后院的那个人 |
[12:01] | and the police here will take care of the rest. | 然后警察会处理剩下的事情 |
[12:03] | All right? | 懂了吗 |
[12:05] | – All right. – Good. | -懂了 -很好 |
[12:06] | So, do you see him? | 那 你看有他吗 |
[12:31] | No. | 没有 |
[12:33] | Are you sure, sweetie? | 你确定吗 亲爱的 |
[12:34] | Maybe you want to take another look? | 或许你该再多看两眼 |
[12:36] | No, I don’t think I remember. | 不用了 我觉得我忘掉了 |
[12:39] | Marie, sweetie, that man can’t see you. | 玛丽 亲爱的 那个人看不见你的 |
[12:41] | You have nothing to be afraid of. | 你不用害怕的 |
[12:43] | No, I don’t remember his face, Mommy. | 不是 我记不起那人的长相了 妈妈 |
[12:45] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[12:46] | But, honey, you looked right at him. | 可是 亲爱的 你正好看到他了啊 |
[12:48] | Al. | 艾尔 |
[12:49] | She said she doesn’t see him. | 她说她没看到那个人 |
[12:55] | …she really saw the guy? | 她真的看见那家伙了吗 |
[12:56] | Well, she did her best. | 她已经尽力了 |
[12:57] | Can we do that again tomorrow? | 我们能让她明天再辨认一次吗 |
[12:59] | Look, I know Marie saw that man’s face. | 听着 我知道玛丽看到那人的脸了 |
[13:01] | I just need a little more time to talk to her. | 我只是需要点时间来和她谈谈 |
[13:03] | I can’t just hold Josh Berryman until to tomorrow. | 我不能就这样把乔希·贝里曼拘留到明天 |
[13:05] | You mean nobody else has come forward | 你是说就没有别人来指证 |
[13:06] | – to say they saw him? – No. | -说他们看到他了吗 -没有了 |
[13:08] | And so far, forensics has nothing | 至今 法医无法证明 |
[13:09] | to tie him to the scene. | 他在犯罪现场 |
[13:11] | So, without your daughter’s I.D., | 因此 没有你女儿的指证 |
[13:12] | we got nothing on this guy. | 我们没抓到这家伙的任何把柄 |
[13:13] | You can’t just let him go. | 你不能就这么放他走 |
[13:15] | Allison, no one is questioning what you saw. | 艾莉森 没人质疑你所梦见的 |
[13:17] | But there is simply | 但没有 |
[13:18] | not enough evidence to justify holding him. | 足够证据抓他 |
[13:21] | He’s a killer, sir. | 他是凶手 长官 |
[13:22] | He lives down the street from my family. | 他住得离我家很近 |
[13:24] | From my daughters! | 离我的女儿们很近 |
[13:27] | All right. | 好吧 |
[13:27] | By law, I can hold him for 24 hours without charging him. | 根据法律 我可以拘留他24小时不控告他 |
[13:30] | But if we don’t find enough evidence between now and then… | 但要是目前我们证据不足 |
[13:32] | We have to let him go; I understand. | 就不得不释放他 我明白 |
[13:37] | Those dorms, oh, my goodness. | 那些宿舍 天哪 |
[13:39] | Which one is it– the one that was built in 1842? | 那栋 那栋1842年建造的 |
[13:42] | Well, that’s Whitman Hall. | 恩 那栋是惠特曼宿舍楼 |
[13:44] | That’s where I lived as a freshman. | 我大一时住的那栋楼 |
[13:45] | You did? You’re kidding. | 你真住过 是开玩笑吧 |
[13:47] | No. | 不 |
[13:49] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[13:50] | Oh, it’s my office; I’m going to have to take this. | 是公事 我得去接一下 |
[13:53] | I thought I’d be done by now. | 到此为止吧 |
[13:54] | I didn’t expect to find someone so engaging. | 我没想到有你这么较真的学生 |
[13:58] | Do you want me to wait outside? | 需要我回避吗 |
[13:59] | No, no. I’m gonna run to the ladies’ room after. | 不 我去洗手间接电话 |
[14:01] | This’ll just take a sec. | 等我一会儿 |
[14:04] | Hello, this is Sondra. | 喂 我是桑德拉 |
[14:06] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[14:10] | That’s your cue, kiddo. | 你的机会来了 孩子 |
[14:12] | You got about 90 seconds. | 你有90秒时间 |
[14:32] | Are you sure this is the right file you want me to delete? | 你确定要我删除这个文件吗 |
[14:35] | Stop looking at it and just do it. | 别看了 删吧 |
[14:38] | But I don’t get it. | 但我不明白 |
[14:39] | Why do you want to delete a bunch of baby photos? | 你为何要删一些婴儿照片 |
[14:44] | Oh. | 喔 |
[14:48] | Happy now? | 满意了吧 |
[14:50] | Just do it. | 快删 |
[14:54] | You were involved with this person. | 你和她有染 |
[14:57] | And you lied to me. | 你骗我 |
[15:03] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[15:05] | I already nailed that interview. | 我已经搞定面试了 |
[15:08] | So I don’t need to erase any of this for you. | 我不必为你删这些照片 |
[15:10] | Fine. If you think my wife’s life, or anyone’s life, | 好啊 如果你认为我妻子或任何人 |
[15:13] | is gonna be made better by looking at those pictures, | 看到照片后会过得很好 |
[15:15] | go ahead, just leave them. | 那就继续留着它们吧 |
[15:17] | But you’ve got eight seconds to decide. | 但你还有8秒时间抉择 |
[15:20] | Six. | 6秒 |
[15:23] | Four. | 4秒 |
[15:32] | All right, Ariel, ready to dive back in? | 艾丽儿 我们继续刚才的话题 |
[15:34] | Absolutely. | 好 |
[15:44] | You did very well in there today. | 你今天干得很棒 |
[15:46] | I think you’re a lock. | 我知道你能保守秘密 |
[15:48] | I just wanted to, you know, check in, | 我只想 确保 |
[15:50] | make sure you’re not thinking about doing anything rash. | 确保你不做傻事 |
[15:54] | You mean you want to know if I’m gonna tell your wife | 你想知道 我是否会告诉你妻子 |
[15:55] | that you were involved with another woman | 你有外遇 |
[15:57] | and had a baby with her? | 还有个私生子 |
[15:59] | That’s a bit presumptuous, isn’t it, Ariel? | 别太放肆 小丫头 |
[16:02] | Y-You don’t know that that’s my baby. | 你怎么知道孩子的父亲是我 |
[16:05] | Are you saying it isn’t? | 你是在否认吗 |
[16:07] | I’m saying, | 我是说 |
[16:08] | the paternity of that child has never been established. | 那个孩子父亲不详 |
[16:10] | Not to my satisfaction. | 我很无奈 |
[16:12] | Not to your satisfaction? | 你无奈 |
[16:14] | Is he your child, or isn’t he? | 他到底是不是你的小孩 |
[16:16] | I don’t know how to answer that, Ariel. | 我不清楚 艾丽儿 |
[16:18] | That is a mystery which is now, sadly, | 那是一个谜 无奈地 |
[16:22] | lost to the sands of time. | 埋没在时间的尘埃之中 |
[16:24] | You know, the woman, uh, you saw in those pictures– | 照片中的那个女人 |
[16:28] | I wasn’t the only person she was dating at the time. | 那时她脚踏几只船 |
[16:32] | Uh, Abby was a student of mine. | 艾比是我的一个学生 |
[16:35] | A very, uh, uh, popular student. | 一个很受欢迎的学生 |
[16:39] | Okay, but in those photos, | 但那些照片里 |
[16:41] | she obviously thought that it was your child. | 她摆明了认为孩子的父亲是你 |
[16:44] | You-you know what? I’m not getting into this with you. | 你懂什么 不谈这个了 |
[16:46] | Uh,I have a wonderful life. | 我有美好人生 |
[16:48] | Enjoy Southfork, hmm? | 好好享受在南福克大学的时光 |
[16:50] | Uh, and here comes my wonderful widow Sondra. | 和我的贤妻桑德拉好好相处 |
[17:07] | What’s wrong, Marie? | 怎么了 玛利亚 |
[17:08] | There’s no reason to be scared. | 别害怕 |
[17:10] | I told you I’d keep you safe. | 我说过我会保证你的安全 |
[17:13] | I can’t help it. | 我情不自禁 |
[17:15] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[17:17] | It’s a dangerous world out there. | 外面的世界很危险 |
[17:19] | That’s why I’m here– to keep you safe. | 所以我来这里 保护你 |
[17:23] | To warn you about the bad guys, | 警告你提防坏人 |
[17:25] | and to scare them away if they come too close. | 如果他们离你太近 就吓跑他们 |
[17:29] | And do you know why you’re here? | 知道为什么你在这儿吗 |
[17:33] | To help me. | 是来帮助我 |
[17:35] | And that means | 那意味着 |
[17:36] | you have to listen to what I say. | 你得听我的话 |
[17:39] | You have to do what I ask you to do. | 照我的话做 |
[17:42] | Because I’m the one in charge of keeping everyone safe. | 因为我是唯一能确保你全家安全的人 |
[17:46] | You understand that… right, Marie? | 你能明白 对吧 玛利亚 |
[17:51] | That’s easy to understand, isn’t it? | 很容易明白 对吧 |
[17:54] | You listen to me, and everything is fine. | 你听我的话 那么一切都会好 |
[17:57] | You don’t listen to me, | 你不听我的话 |
[17:59] | and your whole family dies in their beds. | 你们全家都要遭殃 |
[18:02] | How’s that sound? | 听明白了吗 |
[18:31] | Marie? | 玛利亚 |
[18:34] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[18:36] | I couldn’t sleep. | 我睡不着 |
[18:41] | Who were you talking to? | 你在跟谁说话 |
[18:42] | No one. | 没人 |
[18:46] | Are you sure? | 你确定 |
[18:51] | Come here. | 过来这里 |
[18:58] | Honey, if anyone ever threatened you, | 如果有人威胁你 |
[19:02] | if anyone ever told you things | 如果有人告诉你什么事 |
[19:04] | to scare you about our family, | 用家人威胁你 |
[19:05] | you would tell me, right? | 你会告诉我的 对吧 |
[19:09] | You know Mommy works with the police. | 你知道妈妈和警察共事 |
[19:12] | I would get them to put that person in jail. | 我会将那个人绳之以法 |
[19:20] | And even if it wasn’t a person, | 即使他不是活人 |
[19:22] | you would still tell me, right? | 你也会告诉我的吧 |
[19:26] | Because you know, | 因为你知道 |
[19:28] | I would never let anyone or anything hurt you. | 我不会让你受到任何伤害 |
[19:32] | You know that, right? | 你知道的 |
[19:36] | Oh, honey… | 宝贝 |
[19:41] | Were you talking to that alarm? | 你是在跟警报器对话吗 |
[19:45] | Was the alarm talking to you? | 警报器在跟你对话 |
[19:47] | You can tell me. | 告诉我 |
[19:48] | It talks when you turn it on. | 当你打开它 它会讲话 |
[19:51] | Well, I-I know that, but other than that. | 我知道 除此以外呢 |
[19:54] | Mommy, burglar alarms don’t talk. | 妈咪 防盗报警器不会讲话 |
[19:56] | Not really. | 事实上不是 |
[20:00] | I’m gonna go back to bed now, okay? | 我上床睡觉了 |
[20:12] | Okay, so the burglar alarm… is evil? | 所以防盗报警器 中邪了 |
[20:15] | No, Joe, that’s not what I’m saying. | 不 乔 我不是这个意思 |
[20:17] | Not exactly. | 不尽然 |
[20:19] | Okay. What are you saying exactly? | 你到底想说什么 |
[20:22] | I’m saying that in my dreams, | 我是说在我的梦中 |
[20:24] | this thing is talking to our daughter, | 它在和我女儿对话 |
[20:25] | and I don’t like what it’s saying. | 我厌恶它所说的内容 |
[20:28] | And I know how that sounds, | 我知道它如何发声 |
[20:30] | but I’ve seen it. | 我亲眼所见 |
[20:32] | I come in tonight. | 我晚上过来 |
[20:33] | Marie is standing in front of the alarm. | 玛丽站在警报器前面 |
[20:35] | And it’s dark. | 这里很黑 |
[20:37] | But I’m pretty certain that she was talking to it. | 不过我很肯定她在和警报器说话 |
[20:43] | Al, I’m having a hard time | 艾尔 在这个上面 |
[20:44] | following you down the rabbit hole on this one. | 我很难和你一样 漫游仙境 |
[20:47] | I know this thing seems pretty high-tech | 我知道这东西看起来是高科技 |
[20:49] | because it talks, but it’s act… | 因为它会发音 可它… |
[20:51] | it’s actually fairly simple. | 实际上相当简单 |
[20:52] | In terms of programming power, | 从编程能力方面来说 |
[20:53] | it’s about as sophisticated as the toaster oven. | 和烤箱的程式差不多 |
[20:56] | Smart people have been experimenting | 科学家们试验 |
[20:58] | with artificial intelligence for decades now, | 人工智能已达数十载 |
[21:01] | but I doubt that anybody has cracked the problem, | 可我怀疑有人解决了这个问题 |
[21:03] | snuck it into a burglar alarm without telling anyone. | 悄悄地用在防盗报警器上而没广而告之 |
[21:06] | Okay. Then why don’t you explain why I’m seeing this? | 好吧 你怎么解释我看到的这些事 |
[21:09] | The burden of proof is on me here? | 证明的责任又归我了吗 |
[21:11] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[21:12] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[21:14] | If I had to guess, I would say that you are dreaming | 如果要我猜 我会说是你梦到了 |
[21:17] | about what Marie is seeing in her imagination. | 玛丽的天马行空 |
[21:20] | Kids sometimes respond to trauma | 有时孩子受到创伤后的反应 |
[21:22] | by creating imaginary friends. | 会创造幻想的朋友 |
[21:25] | Marie has been through a trauma, and if she’s getting | 玛丽受过创伤 如果让防盗器更人性化 |
[21:28] | comfort by giving the burglar alarm a personality, | 想象他能保我们全家周全 |
[21:31] | by imagining it can keep us all safe, | 会令她觉得舒服 |
[21:33] | why is that such a big deal? | 那又有什么关系呢 |
[21:35] | It’s not comforting her, it’s threatening her! | 报警器并未让她得到安慰 而是在威胁她 |
[21:37] | It’s telling her that we’re all gonna die. | 它跟她说我们都会死 |
[21:39] | And you know what? I don’t care if you can’t explain it. | 你知道吗 我不在乎你能否解释这个 |
[21:41] | I don’t like it! | 我不喜欢这玩意 |
[21:42] | I’m gonna call the company tomorrow, | 明天我要给这家公司打电话 |
[21:44] | and I’m gonna have them take it out. | 让他们把报警器拿走 |
[21:45] | Well, hold on a second, Al. | 等一下 艾尔 |
[21:46] | We just spent $2,200 on this thing. | 我们刚花了2200美元买回来的 |
[21:49] | I’m not saying we won’t have an alarm. | 我不是说我们不要报警器 |
[21:50] | I just want a different model; one that doesn’t talk. | 只是想要个不同模式的 不会说话的那种 |
[21:53] | Your security system is armed. | 你的安全系统已启动 |
[21:55] | Who asked you? | 谁让你说话了 |
[23:04] | No! | 不 |
[23:41] | Allison, what can I do for you? | 艾莉森 有什么能帮你的 |
[23:43] | Did I just see Josh Berryman in here? | 我看见的是乔希·贝里曼吗 |
[23:45] | You sure did. | 是的没错 |
[23:46] | We released him this morning, | 今早我们释放了他 |
[23:47] | so I asked him to come by | 我叫他来 |
[23:48] | so I could personally apologize | 是为带来的不便和尴尬 |
[23:50] | for any inconvenience or embarrassment… | 以个人名义向他道歉 |
[23:52] | Apologize? | 道歉 |
[23:55] | You didn’t see the paper this morning, did you? | 今早你没看报纸 对吗 |
[23:58] | There was another home invasion last night in El Mirage. | 昨晚在艾尔米拉奇路又发生了一起家庭入侵 |
[24:00] | They cleaned out the safe | 他们清除了安全系统 |
[24:01] | and shot a retired couple in the back of the head. | 打爆了一对退休夫妇的头 |
[24:03] | Since Mr. Berryman was in our custody last night, | 因为昨晚我们拘留了贝里曼先生 |
[24:05] | it seems unlikely that he was involved. | 那么看起来与他无关 |
[24:08] | That, plus the utter paucity of any evidence against him, | 加上指控他的证据不足 |
[24:11] | well, there’s really no basis on which to hold him. | 没有拘留他的事实根据 |
[24:14] | But I saw him do it. | 可我看到是他干的 |
[24:15] | That’s all well and good. | 那当然是好 |
[24:16] | No, no, no, you’re not hearing me. | 不 不 不 你没听我说 |
[24:18] | Obviously, it wasn’t him last night. | 显然 昨晚不是他干的 |
[24:20] | I don’t know if he committed these other murders, | 我不知道他是否跟其他凶手合谋犯罪 |
[24:22] | but I know he killed my neighbor. | 可我知道他杀了我的邻居 |
[24:24] | I saw him do it. | 我看见他杀人 |
[24:26] | I can even tell you exactly where the murder weapon is. | 连凶器在哪里我都能告诉你 |
[25:01] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[25:03] | I thought we had a deal. | 我以为我们达成了协议 |
[25:05] | Yeah, I thought I was supposed | 是的 我以为应该 |
[25:06] | to help you get rid of some porn. | 帮你处理掉外遇的照片 |
[25:08] | Yeah– is this about the baby? | 是的 是关于那个孩子吗 |
[25:09] | Are you still upset about the baby? | 你还因为那个孩子生气吗 |
[25:11] | The paternity of that child has never been established. | 孩子的父亲一直无法确定 |
[25:14] | All I know is that information was | 我所知道的 是你死的时候 |
[25:15] | on your computer when you died. | 电脑上的信息 |
[25:18] | Okay, so maybe your wife was supposed to find it. | 或许你妻子应该知道这些 |
[25:19] | I’m not sure. | 我也不确定 |
[25:21] | I’m just sure that I was never supposed to remove it. | 我只知道不应该删除它 |
[25:23] | You think that’s going to make a difference? | 你觉得那样就会有所不同吗 |
[25:25] | That kid is nothing to Sondra. | 对桑德拉来说那个孩子什么也不是 |
[25:26] | My family’s obligation to that boy died when I did. | 当我出轨时 我的家庭对那个男孩没有义务 |
[25:30] | Yeah, well, that’s not up to me to decide. | 是啊 那也不能由我来做决定 |
[25:32] | And you don’t know. | 你也不清楚 |
[25:34] | Maybe she’ll want to help. | 或许她想帮忙呢 |
[25:37] | Y-You’re talking about my wife? | 你在说我妻子吗 |
[25:39] | That woman sues people for a living. | 那个女人为了生存起诉别人 |
[25:41] | She would personally kill the last baby seal on the planet | 要是她觉得小海豹身上有一美元属于她 |
[25:44] | if she thought there was a dollar in it for her. | 就算它是地球上最后一只 她都照杀不误 |
[25:46] | That, that kid is nothing to Sondra. | 那 那个孩子对桑德拉没有意义 |
[25:48] | She’ll do nothing for that kid. | 她不会为孩子尽半分心 |
[25:49] | Maybe she will, maybe she won’t. | 或许她会 或许她不会 |
[25:51] | It’s not up to me. | 我说了不算 |
[25:53] | You might as well stop talking | 你能住嘴了吧 |
[25:55] | because there is nothing that you can do to stop me. | 因为你做什么也不能阻止我 |
[25:58] | Oh, I know that. | 我知道 |
[25:59] | I’m not trying to stop you. | 我不是要阻止你 |
[26:01] | I’m just trying to, uh, delay you. | 我只是想 拖延你 |
[26:07] | Ariel. | 艾丽尔 |
[26:09] | Mrs. Hahn-Barker. | 哈恩·巴克夫人 |
[26:11] | Uh, great, I’ve been waiting for you. | 太好了 我在等你呢 |
[26:14] | You have? | 是吗 |
[26:16] | Uh, yeah. | 是的 |
[26:19] | Sorry, my, uh, | 抱歉 我 |
[26:20] | my dad said that he’d, uh, get me a laptop | 我爸说我去上大学的时候 |
[26:23] | when I go to college, so, | 会买台笔记本电脑 |
[26:25] | yeah, I just saw it lying here | 是的 我看见它放在那里 |
[26:27] | and, and wanted to check it out. | 就 就想看一看 |
[26:29] | I, uh, I got home the other day | 我 有一天回家 |
[26:30] | and realized that I wanted to send you a thank-you note, | 意识到 我想给您发封感谢信 |
[26:33] | uh, thanking you for taking the trouble to interview me, | 谢谢您对我的面试不厌其烦 |
[26:38] | uh, and then I realized that I don’t have | 然而不管是家里还是单位 |
[26:40] | a home or business address to send it. | 我都不知道发信的地址 |
[26:42] | That’s completely unnecessary. | 完全没有必要 |
[26:45] | Here’s my card. | 这是我的名片 |
[26:47] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[26:50] | Ariel. | 艾丽尔 |
[26:54] | You gave a great interview the other day. | 那天你的面试很成功 |
[26:56] | Southfork is very excited about you. | 南福克大学很期待你的加入 |
[27:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:04] | Bye. | 再见 |
[27:09] | Hello. | 你好 |
[27:10] | Hey, I just wanted to let you know | 我只想告诉你 |
[27:11] | I’m right around the corner from your place. | 我正好在离你不远的街角 |
[27:12] | I’d ask if I can stop by for dinner, except I smell | 想问你能否一起吃个晚饭 只是 |
[27:14] | like I’ve been rooting around in a sewer all day, | 我闻起来像在下水道翻了一整天 |
[27:17] | which is exactly what I’ve been doing. | 实际上是去了下水道 |
[27:18] | Tell me you found the gun. | 你找到枪了吧 |
[27:20] | I wish I could. | 真希望我找到了 |
[27:21] | We searched that grate you pointed out to us | 我们搜查了 你所指的铁栅栏 |
[27:23] | and then we poked our heads down every manhole on the block. | 查看了这一区所有的检修口 |
[27:26] | You’d be surprised at some of the things | 你会发现一些事 |
[27:27] | your neighbors flush down the toilet, | 邻居们都冲厕所 |
[27:28] | but there’s no gun down there. | 但是那里没有枪 |
[27:30] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[27:31] | It was sitting there, I saw it sitting there. | 枪就在那里啊 我看见的 |
[27:33] | I don’t know what to tell you, Allison. | 不知道跟你说什么 艾莉森 |
[27:34] | If there was a murder weapon down there, it’s gone. | 如果那里有凶器 也不见了 |
[29:02] | I did it. | 我做到了 |
[29:03] | That’s good, Marie. | 很好 玛丽 |
[29:05] | You’re a very cooperative little girl. | 你真是个听话的小姑娘 |
[29:18] | Al, what the hell are you doing out here? | 艾莉 你出来做什么啊 |
[29:20] | I’m looking for something. | 找点东西 |
[29:21] | What? | 找什么 |
[29:24] | This. | 这个 |
[29:25] | This is the gun | 就是这把枪 |
[29:27] | that Josh Berryman used to kill Matt Mulhearn. | 乔希·贝里曼用它杀了马特·马尔哈恩 |
[29:30] | I think Marie put it in here. | 是玛丽放进去的 |
[29:32] | I think tha-that alarm told her to. | 是警报器让她做的 |
[29:38] | – No, I didn’t. Marie – I know you did. | -我没做 -我知道是你 |
[29:40] | I saw you put that gun in the trash can. | 我看见你把枪放进垃圾桶了 |
[29:43] | Look, honey, I’m not mad at you. | 宝贝 我没生你的气 |
[29:45] | I just want you to tell me what happened. | 我只是希望你告诉我发生了什么事 |
[29:47] | Don’t look at that alarm, you look at me. | 你别看那个报警器 看我 |
[29:50] | Look, I know you’re scared. | 我知道你很害怕 |
[29:51] | I know that thing has been talking to you, | 也知道那个报警器跟你说话了 |
[29:53] | but it cannot hurt you. | 可它伤不了你 |
[29:55] | It cannot hurt us. | 更伤害不了我们大家 |
[29:57] | I need you to tell me what it told you to do. | 我想知道它到底跟你说了什么 |
[29:59] | You’re scaring me, Mommy. | 妈妈你吓到我了 |
[30:00] | Burglar alarms do not talk. | 防盗报警器不会说话啊 |
[30:02] | Well, that one does, and we both know it does. | 可是我们俩都很清楚 我们家这个会说 |
[30:05] | Okay, come on, Marie, why don’t you go back, | 好啦 玛丽快回去睡觉吧 |
[30:06] | see if you can get a little more sleep? | 你应该再多睡会儿 |
[30:08] | Joe! | 乔 |
[30:11] | We will talk about this later, okay? | 我们一会再谈报警器好吗 |
[30:12] | I’m sorry, Mommy. | 对不起 妈妈 |
[30:15] | She’s lying! | 她在说谎 |
[30:16] | This thing is making my daughter lie to me! | 肯定是那个破东西让我女儿说谎 |
[30:20] | For God’s sake, are you listening to yourself? | 看在上帝的份上 能小点声说话吗 |
[30:22] | I am getting rid of that thing right now. | 我现在就把它弄走 |
[30:25] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊 |
[30:25] | They’re coming to replace it the day after tomorrow. | 他们后天就来人换了 |
[30:28] | Do you know how to dismantle that thing? | 你会拆吗 |
[30:29] | I can cut some wires. | 我可以剪断电线啊 |
[30:30] | No. Okay, just do me a favor– give it to me. | 别别 给我点面子 把工具给我 |
[30:32] | If you’re dead set on doing this, | 要是非拆不可的话 |
[30:33] | at least take advantage of the fact | 让你老公来吧 |
[30:35] | you’re married to an engineer. | 好歹我也是个工程师啊 |
[30:36] | And you do me a favor– don’t shock me or anything. | 你也给我点面子 别把我电了 |
[30:39] | Very funny. | 真有趣啊 |
[30:42] | Just don’t ask me where I found it. | 别问我从哪弄的 |
[30:46] | Am I allowed to ask you what it is? | 那我能问问这是什么吗 |
[30:48] | It’s the gun that Josh Berryman used to kill Matt Mulhearn. | 这是贝里曼杀马特用的枪 |
[30:51] | Look, I know another crime happened | 听我说 我知道在他被拘留期间 |
[30:52] | while he was in custody. | 也发生了一起凶杀案 |
[30:53] | I know you made nice with the guy yesterday. | 我知道你昨天和他处的不错 |
[30:55] | Just run whatever tests you need to. | 但是当你检验完之后 |
[30:59] | You’ll see I’m right. | 你就知道我是对的 |
[31:06] | Ariel. | 艾丽尔 |
[31:09] | Mrs. Hahn-Barker. | 哈恩·巴克夫人 |
[31:10] | I thought you were, uh, were heading home. | 我还以为…你回家了呢 |
[31:13] | I delayed my flight for a couple of hours. | 我把航班推迟了几小时 |
[31:16] | I wanted to speak with you about something. | 我想跟你谈谈 |
[31:19] | Uh… sure. | 没问题 |
[31:25] | I found a file on my computer yesterday, | 昨天我在电脑里看见了一个文件夹 |
[31:29] | and I think that you put it there. | 我想应该是你放的 |
[31:31] | It’s the only possibility that makes any sense. | 只有这一种可能性 |
[31:37] | Thank you for not bothering to deny it. | 谢谢你没有否认 |
[31:42] | Do you know her? | 你认识她吗 |
[31:44] | The young woman in the photos? | 照片里的那个女人 |
[31:47] | No, I never met her. | 我从没见过她 |
[31:51] | She said the same thing about you. | 她也说不认识你 |
[31:55] | I spoke with her. | 我和她谈过了 |
[31:58] | If, in fact, that young boy is my late husband’s son… | 要是…那个小男孩真是我前夫的儿子 |
[32:04] | I’ve decided to take some of the money | 我会把艾伦的遗产分给他一部分 |
[32:05] | that Alan left behind to provide for him. | 当做赡养费 |
[32:09] | I’m glad. | 我很高兴 |
[32:11] | So if you didn’t know the girl, | 既然你不认识那个女孩 |
[32:13] | then you must have known Alan. | 那你肯定认识艾伦了 |
[32:17] | Putting that file on my computer for me to find, | 把文档放电脑上让我看到 |
[32:21] | I can only assume you had some score to settle with him. | 我想你肯定和他约定什么了吧 |
[32:25] | I’ve learned an awful lot about my late husband | 在这24小时里 我突然对我前夫 |
[32:28] | over the last 24 hours. | 有了突飞猛进的了解 |
[32:30] | I can’t imagine what would have brought you to Oregon | 我想不到你怎么会去俄勒冈大学 |
[32:32] | or to Southfork. | 或者去了南福克大学 |
[32:34] | The summer program for high schoolers, I’m guessing. | 我猜是 高中生暑期项目吧 |
[32:38] | So which one of his lectures | 那么是他的哪场演讲 |
[32:39] | on romantic literature reeled you in? | 还是浪漫主义文学把你迷住了呢 |
[32:41] | Sense and Sensibility? | 《理智与情感》吗 |
[32:44] | The Lady of the Lake? | 还是《湖畔少女》 |
[32:45] | That was always one of my favorites. | 那可是我的最爱之一啊 |
[32:47] | The Scarlet Letter? | 还是《红字》呢 |
[32:48] | No, I’ve never been to Oregon. | 不 我从来没去过俄勒冈大学 |
[32:51] | I have never heard your late husband’s lecture. | 也从没听过你前夫的演讲 |
[32:53] | And I swear that I never met him while he was alive. | 我发誓在他生前从没见过他 |
[32:58] | You what want to know what should have been my first clue? | 你想知道我从何时开始怀疑你吗 |
[33:02] | Your interview. | 你的面试 |
[33:04] | All those carefully polished answers. | 你的那些完美的回答 |
[33:06] | You sounded exactly like him. | 你很爱他 |
[33:11] | It is a shame. | 我应该感到惭愧 |
[33:12] | I liked you. | 我怎么会喜欢你呢 |
[33:14] | I actually felt good about championing you | 怎么会那么支持你去 |
[33:17] | to the Director of Admissions. | 招生办 |
[33:22] | Well… I have a plane to catch. | 好啦 我该赶飞机了 |
[33:29] | Stop that. | 别这样 |
[33:31] | You brought this on yourself. | 这些都是你自己造成的 |
[33:34] | You didn’t need to get involved with him. | 你不该跟他扯上关系 |
[33:35] | You didn’t need his help. | 你不该让他帮忙 |
[33:37] | No. | 不是这样的 |
[33:44] | You’re a smart girl. | 你是个聪明的女孩 |
[33:46] | You’re going to get into some wonderful school. | 你可以进一所很好的学校 |
[33:51] | Just not this one. | 但不是这所 |
[34:10] | Why did you guys rip the alarm off of the wall? | 你们俩为什么要把警报器拆了 |
[34:14] | You want to field that one, dear? | 你要把它端上来吗 亲爱的 |
[34:17] | It wasn’t working right. | 警报器坏了 |
[34:19] | O-kay. | 好吧 |
[34:20] | But why isn’t Marie coming out of our room? | 但为什么玛丽不出屋呀 |
[34:23] | I think she misses the alarm. | 因为她想念那个警报器吧 |
[34:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[34:28] | Go get your sisters. | 叫姐妹出来吃饭 |
[34:29] | I know Marie’s in mourning, but she still has to eat. | 我知道玛丽还在哀悼 但她也得吃饭呀 |
[34:35] | Hello? | 喂 |
[34:36] | Allison. | 艾莉森 |
[34:37] | I’m sorry I didn’t get back to you before you left. | 抱歉你走之前我没跟你说 |
[34:40] | I wanted you to know you were right. | 我想说 你是对的 |
[34:42] | According to Forensics, | 根据法医的报告 |
[34:44] | that gun you brought in was used to execute Matt Mulhearn. | 马特就是被那把枪打死的 |
[34:46] | Sir, that’s great news. | 真是好消息啊 |
[34:49] | I’m not finished. | 我还没说完呢 |
[34:50] | Now, we can tie the weapon to the murder, | 现在我们可以确定那把枪是凶器 |
[34:53] | but not to the man you believe pulled the trigger. | 但是不能确定就是那个人开的枪 |
[34:56] | I’m afraid that the gun was wiped clean of fingerprints | 恐怕那把枪在你拿来之前 |
[34:58] | before you brought it in. | 就被人擦过指纹了 |
[35:00] | Also, the serial number was filed away, | 序列号也被搓平了 |
[35:03] | so there’s no way to trace it. | 所以没办法追查来源 |
[35:04] | Bottom line is, | 总的来说就是 |
[35:05] | we simply cannot connect it to Josh Berryman in any way. | 我们无法确定贝里曼就是凶手 |
[35:08] | So he just gets away with it? | 那他就逍遥法外了吗 |
[35:10] | In the absence of further developments, I’m afraid so. | 如果找不到新的线索的话 恐怕是的 |
[35:12] | Look, I know this hits you quite literally close to home, | 我知道这直接影响到你的家庭 |
[35:16] | and I want you to know how sorry I am. | 对此我十分抱歉 |
[35:19] | I understand, sir. | 我能理解 |
[35:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:24] | So, I-I did like you told me. | 你要是告诉我就好了 |
[35:27] | I-I went to the bar in Avondale, | 我去了亚芬达的酒吧 |
[35:28] | and I bought this from a guy who | 我还从停车场那一个药贩子手里 |
[35:30] | deals drugs in the parking lot. | 买了这个 |
[35:33] | And, um, I went to the bank. | 我还去了银行 |
[35:36] | Um, I-I got a safe deposit box. | 开户了一个保险箱 |
[35:39] | But, you know, don’t-don’t worry, | 但 别着急 |
[35:41] | because I-I-I won’t spend it | 因为在这工作完成之前 |
[35:43] | till a couple months after the job’s done. | 我不会动用这笔钱 |
[35:47] | But, uh… you got the money, right? | 但 你把钱带来了吧 |
[36:09] | I guess it’s really gonna happen, I guess. | 我想这一切都会成真 |
[36:10] | I’m actually… gonna kill someone. | 我真的要杀人了 |
[36:19] | Listen. Calm down. | 听着 冷静点 |
[36:25] | It’s going to be fine. | 一切都会好起来 |
[36:28] | Just be sure you… | 只要确保 |
[36:31] | shoot me in the back of the head. | 你会准确无误的打中我的后脑勺就行了 |
[36:33] | We need it to look like the other break-ins. | 我们得把这做得像另一起入室抢劫案 |
[36:39] | So now you know. | 现在你明白了吧 |
[36:42] | I hired Josh to kill me. | 我雇了乔希来杀我 |
[36:46] | That voice. | 那个声音 |
[36:47] | You sound exactly like… | 你的声音很像… |
[36:49] | The burglar alarm? Yeah. | 防盗报警器 没错 |
[36:51] | I’m the man behind the curtain. | 我就是那个幕后主使 |
[36:53] | I’m Sal. | 我叫萨尔 |
[36:55] | I apologize for using your daughter. | 我为利用了你女儿这事表示歉意 |
[36:58] | But after Josh shot me, it became pretty clear | 但在乔希射杀我后 显然你会 |
[37:00] | that you were going to lead the police to the truth. | 帮助警察找出事情的真相 |
[37:02] | And I couldn’t let that happen. | 而我不能让那样的事情发生 |
[37:04] | She was so fascinated by that alarm. | 她对那个报警器十分的着迷 |
[37:08] | She really wanted to believe it could talk. | 她真的很希望那玩意儿能说话 |
[37:11] | You manipulated my child? | 你利用了我的女儿 |
[37:13] | You bullied her so she wouldn’t identify Josh in the lineup? | 你吓唬她 让她不要指认乔希 |
[37:16] | You put a gun in my baby’s hands! | 你让我的孩子手上拿着枪 |
[37:20] | I did. And again, I apologize. | 我是那么做了 再次表示抱歉 |
[37:23] | But what was I going to do? | 但我当时还能怎么做呢 |
[37:24] | Josh left his prints all over that gun, | 那把枪上满是乔希留下的指纹 |
[37:27] | even though I told him never to handle it without gloves on. | 即使当初我再三告诫他要用手套 |
[37:30] | And he was supposed to dump it in a lake, | 他本该把枪扔进湖里 |
[37:32] | not in a sewer grate, | 而不是下水道里 |
[37:33] | where it would just sit there until a city worker found it. | 丢在那里只会被环卫工人找到 |
[37:36] | Hey… I get that you’re angry with me. | 我知道你对我很生气 |
[37:41] | But believe it or not, | 但不管你信不信 |
[37:42] | I had a really good reason for doing what I did. | 我有很好的理由来解释我的所作所为 |
[37:50] | You’re not even a little bit curious? | 你难道对我的理由一点兴趣也没吗 |
[37:52] | You don’t even want to know why I hired someone | 你甚至不想知道为什么我要雇个人 |
[37:54] | to shoot me in the head? | 来杀自己吗 |
[37:56] | Not really. Not now. | 不想知道 起码现在不想 |
[37:59] | At the moment, | 此时此刻 |
[38:00] | all I really want to do is call the people I work with | 我只想打电话给我的同事 |
[38:02] | and tell them about a drug dealer in Avondale | 告诉他们在亚芬达有个药贩子 |
[38:04] | who sold Josh the gun. | 卖给了乔希那把枪 |
[38:06] | Oh, and this, uh, brand-new safety deposit box | 哦 还有 在一个新开户的保险箱里 |
[38:07] | that’s got $20,000 in it. | 藏着20000块美金 |
[38:10] | I had Huntington’s disease. | 我患有亨廷顿氏舞蹈症 |
[38:14] | Do you know anything about Huntington’s? | 你知道亨廷顿氏舞蹈症是怎么回事吗 |
[38:17] | It’s genetic. | 这是种遗传病 |
[38:18] | I got it from my dad. | 我的遗传自我父亲 |
[38:20] | You wake up one day, | 有一天当你醒来时 |
[38:21] | and you don’t have control of your body anymore. | 你突然发现自己完全不能控制自己的身体 |
[38:25] | Your limbs move. They dance. They writhe. | 你的四肢在动 在舞蹈 在晃荡 |
[38:30] | In the old days, | 过去 |
[38:31] | they thought people who had it | 人们认为有这种病的人 |
[38:32] | were possessed by a demon. | 都是被恶魔附体了 |
[38:34] | There’s no cure. | 这种病无法被治愈 |
[38:35] | There’s barely even a treatment. | 甚至没有任何治疗手段 |
[38:38] | It’s just a slow, terrible death. | 是一种可怕的慢性死亡疾病 |
[38:41] | And your family, they get front-row seats. | 而你的家人全都很健康 |
[38:46] | There was no way | 我绝对不能 |
[38:46] | I was putting Amy and the kids through that. | 让艾米和孩子们经历这些 |
[38:48] | Not after what I saw with my dad. | 在我亲眼目睹自己的父亲发病的状况后 |
[38:49] | So when I realized, I had it, | 所以当我知道自己有这病时 |
[38:53] | I decided to bow out gracefully. | 我决定让自己死有所值 |
[38:58] | Problem was, I couldn’t kill myself. | 但问题是 我不能自杀 |
[39:02] | Life insurance doesn’t pay out for a suicide, | 保险公司不会为自杀而支付保险金 |
[39:06] | and Amy and the kids really need that money. | 而艾米和那些孩子很需要那些钱 |
[39:09] | I knew Josh was in a pinch. | 我知道乔希也很窘迫 |
[39:11] | So he and I, | 所以他和我 |
[39:12] | we came to a mutually beneficial arrangement. | 一起做了这么个双赢的安排 |
[39:17] | An Arrangement? | 安排 |
[39:18] | Is that what you call it? | 你就是这么以为的 |
[39:19] | You abandoned your family. | 你抛弃了你的家庭 |
[39:20] | You left your wife to see you lying | 你让你的妻子亲眼目睹 |
[39:22] | in a pool of your own blood. | 你躺在血泊之中 |
[39:25] | I know, it wasn’t pretty. | 我知道 这一点也不光彩 |
[39:27] | But believe me, it was a lot better than the alternative. | 但相信我 没有比这更好的选择了 |
[39:30] | I-I know that you’re angry with me. | 我知道你还在生我的气 |
[39:33] | But this crime that you’re running around trying to solve? | 但这件你正在想办法解决的案子 |
[39:39] | It’s really just a case of assisted suicide. | 最多也只能算是协助自杀吧 |
[39:41] | With, I’ll grant you, a little– | 我向你保证 顶多 |
[39:42] | a little insurance fraud thrown in. | 顶多再加点欺诈的成分 |
[39:45] | But there’s no murder here. | 但是绝对没有什么凶手 |
[39:47] | Not when you really think about it. | 并不是你想的那个样子 |
[39:50] | You know, if you’re not lying, | 如果你没有撒谎 |
[39:51] | if you really were sick, I’m sorry. | 如果你当时真的病了 我很遗憾 |
[39:54] | But I have no reason to trust you. | 但我为什么要相信你说的 |
[39:56] | And, you know, it’s really the courts who decide | 还有 你是不是被谋杀这件事 |
[39:59] | whether or not your death was a murder. | 只有法院才能作出判决 |
[40:01] | Your call. | 那就看你了 |
[40:03] | But if you keep dialing, | 但你如果继续拨电话 |
[40:05] | you lose the chance to cooperate with me. | 那你就失去跟我合作的机会了 |
[40:08] | Cooperate with you on what? | 跟你有什么好合作的 |
[40:09] | On what? Did you forget? | 合作什么 你忘了吗 |
[40:12] | Allison, there’s a real murderer out there. | 艾莉森 真正的凶手还在逍遥法外 |
[40:15] | He’s already robbed and killed five people. | 他已经抢劫并杀害了五个人了 |
[40:19] | And I’m pretty sure he has no intention of stopping. | 而且我很肯定他没有要停手的意思 |
[40:22] | One of the only nice things about being dead? | 死后能做的唯一有意义的事 |
[40:26] | Gives you a hell of a vantage point | 就是能够让你以俯瞰的角度 |
[40:27] | from which to watch the living. | 来观察这个活生生的世界 |
[40:29] | I know an awful lot about this guy. | 我了解这家伙很多事 |
[40:32] | I can tell you his name, | 我可以告诉你他的名字 |
[40:34] | where he lives, where he works. | 他的住处 他的工作场所 |
[40:37] | I know where he hides the stuff | 我知道他将从受害者 |
[40:38] | he stole from his victims. | 那里偷来的赃物藏在哪 |
[40:39] | I can even tell you the name of the nice, young couple | 我甚至还能告诉你 一对年轻夫妇的名字 |
[40:42] | he’s planning on hitting next. | 也就是他下一个要动手的目标 |
[40:45] | If I agree to ignore what you and Josh did. | 前提是我同意不过问你和乔希的所做所为 |
[40:59] | What’s his name? | 他叫什么名字 |
[41:04] | – What? – Nothing. I… | -怎么了 -没什么 我… |
[41:08] | I was just thinking about | 我刚才在想 |
[41:09] | what an interesting person you are. | 你可真是个有趣的人 |
[41:11] | It’s kind of a shame | 我们没能有机会 |
[41:12] | we didn’t get a chance to know each other, | 了解对方真是件遗憾的事 |
[41:14] | living so close and all. | 而我们是住的那么的近 |
[41:15] | Matt. Name. | 马特 名字 |
[41:19] | You should go get a piece of paper. | 你应该去把纸笔拿来 |
[41:22] | You’re going to want to get all this down. | 你要去把这一切都给解决了 |