时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:16] | Grabbed your paper. | 帮你拿了报纸 |
[00:18] | You ready to get started with this? | 准备好开始了吗? |
[00:21] | Do I have a choice? | 我还有的选吗? |
[00:23] | Your ten day window is up, clark. | 10天时间到了 Clark |
[00:25] | You know how it is. | 你知道规矩的 |
[00:27] | You don’t comply with the law, I got to tell the judge. | 你不遵守法律 我就得向法官报告 |
[00:30] | Now come on. | 来吧 |
[00:32] | Let’s go introduce you to the neighbors. | 让邻居开始认识你 |
[00:36] | I just don’t see how this does anyone any good. | 我看不出这么做有任何好处 |
[00:40] | The law’s the law, clark. | 法律就是法律 Clark |
[00:42] | You got to do this. | 你就得这么做 |
[00:43] | And as your parole officer, I got to watch you. | 作为你的假释官 我就得监督你 |
[00:46] | I served my time, john. | 我服刑结束了 John |
[00:47] | I just want to live in peace. | 我只想平静的生活 |
[00:49] | Your new neighbors have every right to know who’s moving in next door. | 你的邻居有权利知道他们的新邻居是谁 |
[00:52] | And hey, you ask me, a little embarrassment’s | 我觉得 用这么点尴尬 |
[00:55] | not a bad price to pay for getting out of jail. | 换来假释是很划算的 |
[01:06] | And you still think this is a good thing? | 你还觉得这么做妥当吗? |
[01:08] | I think you got to do what you got to do. | 我觉得你得完成自己的任务 |
[01:11] | And right now, you got to finish putting up these flyers. | 现在 你就得贴完这些传单 |
[01:19] | Hi, sweetheart. | 嗨 亲爱的 |
[01:21] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[01:36] | Did you just bring that paper in? | 你刚拿的报纸? |
[01:39] | Yeah, a minute ago. Why? | 是的 一分钟前 怎么了? |
[01:41] | You want it? | 你要看吗? 不 你在外面和谁说话了吗? 一个带领带的男人? |
[01:42] | No. Did you talk to anybody out there? A man with a tie maybe? | 不 你在外面和谁说话了吗? 一个带领带的男人? |
[01:46] | Yeah. He and his friend were putting up flyers. | 是的 他和他的朋友在贴传单 |
[01:49] | I think they’re having a garage sale or something. | 我想他们要办个旧货出售之类的 |
[02:05] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[02:40] | Medium Season 7 Episode 09 | 灵媒缉凶 |
[02:53] | Did you find anything? | 你查到什么了吗? |
[02:56] | More than you want to know. | 出乎意料的多 |
[02:58] | So according to this,our new neighbor used to be an english teacher in tucson. | 这篇文章说 我们的新邻居 以前是图森市的英语老师 |
[03:02] | And ten years ago, he raped one of his students. | 10年前 他强奸了一个学生 |
[03:05] | It gets worse. | 更糟的是 |
[03:06] | The girl was too ashamed to tell anyone, | 这个女孩不敢告诉别人 |
[03:08] | so a few weeks later, he tried it again. | 所以一周后 他又强奸了她 |
[03:11] | That time she pepper-sprayed him and told her parents. | 这一次她用了防狼喷雾 还告诉了父母 |
[03:13] | My god, this girl is only a few years older than bridgette. | 天呐 这女孩比Bridgette大几岁而已 |
[03:17] | You’re the one looking to go back to law school, so you tell me- | 你想要重回学校念法律 你倒是告诉我 |
[03:20] | How does a guy who rapes a teenage girl | 一个强奸了未成年的人 |
[03:23] | get only ten years in prison? | 怎么只判了10年? |
[03:25] | You know what, we’re going to have to talk to them before they go to school, | 我们得在她们上学前和她们聊聊 |
[03:28] | so they know what to do if they see this guy around the neighborhood. | 让她们知道在附近看到这人该怎么做 |
[03:30] | I mean, not that we’re ever going to leave them alone again. | 但并不是说我们又会不管她们 |
[03:33] | Oh, I called lee. | 我给Lee打了电话 |
[03:35] | He thinks he knows this guy’s parole officer. | 他说他认识这人的假释官 |
[03:37] | He’s going to ask him if he can drop by the police headquarters | 他会问他能不能来一趟警察局 |
[03:40] | so I can ask him how worried we should be. | 这样我就能问问他情况了 |
[03:43] | I just don’t understand. | 我只是不懂 |
[03:44] | I mean, how do you let a guy with that kind of a history | 你怎么能让有这种案底的人 |
[03:47] | move into a neighborhood where there are families and children? | 搬来住着家人和孩子的社区呢? |
[03:51] | I mean, great, they’ve informed us that he’s living here. | 没错 他们是通知我们他住在这了 |
[03:53] | Frankly, all that does is make me more anxious. | 但坦白说 这样搞得我更担心 |
[03:56] | Is the simple solution just to keep these people locked away? | 就没简单的方法 直接把他们关起吗? |
[03:59] | You know what, honey? | 听着 亲爱的 |
[04:00] | Let’s forget about all this. | 先别管这事了 |
[04:02] | You have a presentation. You need to be focused. | 你等下有个发言 你要专心 |
[04:05] | Focused- yes. | 专心 是的 |
[04:08] | You expecting anyone? | 你约了谁吗? |
[04:09] | Maybe that’s our new neighbor. | 也许是我们的新邻居 |
[04:10] | Maybe he needs a cup of sugar. | 也许他想要一些糖 |
[04:13] | Hi. Good morning. I’m sorry to come by so early. | 嗨 早上好 我很抱歉这么早打扰你 |
[04:16] | – Joe and allison, right? – Yeah. Hi. | – Joe和Allison 是吧? – 是的 你好 |
[04:18] | Hi. Susannah collings. | 嗨 我是Susannah Collings |
[04:20] | I met you last year at the fourth of july block party. | 我在去年国庆的街区聚会见过你们 |
[04:23] | My daughter and I live around the corner, two blocks down. | 我和我女儿住在街角 后两个街区 |
[04:26] | Big house with the wrap-around porch. | 有门廊环绕的大房子 |
[04:28] | Right. Hi. Susannah, nice to see you again. | 是的 嗨 Susannah 很高兴又见面了 |
[04:30] | Um, have you see these? | 你们看到这个了吗? |
[04:32] | We were just talking about that. | 我们正说这事呢 |
[04:33] | Yeah, well, join the club. | 是的 彼此彼此 |
[04:35] | Everyone on the block’s in a tizzy. | 整个街区的人都很不安 |
[04:36] | Anyway, I’ve decided to have a meeting at my house tonight, | 我决定晚上在我家开个会 |
[04:38] | and I would love it if you both could come. | 我很希望你们俩也能来 |
[04:40] | Sure. Great. | 当然 好的 |
[04:42] | In the meantime, i’m going to call city hall | 同时 我要给市政厅打电话 |
[04:45] | and see what our options are. | 看看我们还能做什么 |
[04:47] | You know what, I work for the district attorney’s office. | 我在地方检察机关工作 |
[04:49] | I’m hoping to meet with this man’s parole officer and find out what I can. | 我会和他的假释官见面 看看我能做什么 |
[04:52] | Oh, wow. That would be amazing. | 那太棒了 |
[04:56] | So I can count on both of you for tonight? 7:30? | 所以今天晚上算上你们? 7点半? |
[04:59] | Yeah, of course. | 是的 当然 |
[05:00] | Oh, and by the way, thanks for doing this. | 还有 谢谢你做这些 |
[05:03] | Yeah, well, you guys live three blocks away from him. | 你们离他三个街区 |
[05:06] | I live five doors down. | 我只差他五扇门 |
[05:07] | I really don’t feel like I have much choice. | 我也是别无选择 |
[05:16] | I’d like to tell you that clark kerwin is a changed man, | 我想告诉你Clark Kerwin改过自新了 |
[05:19] | mrs. Dubois, I really would. | Dubois女士 我真的想这么说 |
[05:21] | But the truth is, I just don’t know that to be true. | 但说真的 我也不知道到底怎么样 |
[05:26] | Look, I still have two little girls living at home. | 听着 我家里还住着两个女孩 |
[05:29] | You have to give me some kind of encouragement. | 你得给我些鼓励 |
[05:31] | Give me some kind of hope. | 给我些信心啊 |
[05:32] | Mrs. Dubois, I’ve been a parole officer for ten years | Dubois女士 我做了10年假释官 |
[05:36] | and a father for 15. | 做了15年爸爸 |
[05:38] | Speaking as a professional, | 身为职业假释官 |
[05:40] | i’d say clark’s been a model parolee. | 我会说 Clark是模范假释犯 |
[05:43] | Speaking as a father, | 身为一个爸爸 |
[05:45] | not a guy i’d want hanging around my kids. | 我也不希望看到孩子周围有这样的人 |
[05:49] | Excuse me a second. | 不好意思 |
[05:56] | Any good news? | 有什么好消息吗? |
[05:59] | He likes the coffee. | 他喜欢这儿的咖啡 |
[06:01] | Yeah, on my way. | 是的 我这就来 |
[06:05] | That was your new neighbor. | 你新邻居打来的 |
[06:07] | Sounds like the welcome wagon’s already paid him a visit. | 似乎邻居们对他有特别的欢迎方式 |
[06:10] | Someone threw a rock through his living room window. | 有人用石头把他客厅窗户打破了 |
[06:13] | I was in the bedroom when I heard the glass break. | 我听到玻璃碎掉的声音时正在卧室 |
[06:16] | By the time I got to the front of the house, | 等我来到前门 |
[06:18] | whoever did it was long gone. | 扔石头的人早就不见了 |
[06:22] | I guess I should just be grateful the rock didn’t hit me. | 我想我该感谢石头没砸中我 |
[06:27] | Mrs. Dubois, detective scanlon, i’d like you to meet clark kerwin. | Dubois女士 Scanlon警官 向你们介绍Clark Kerwin |
[06:31] | Clark, detective scanlon’s here with the local police. | Clark Scanlon警官是这里的警察 |
[06:33] | He’s here to take you report. | 他来向你做笔录 |
[06:35] | Mrs. Dubois, in addition to working with the district attorney’s office | Dubois女士 既是地方检察机关的 |
[06:38] | is one of your new neighbors. | 又是你的新邻居之一 |
[06:39] | Oh, I’ll bet this is almost as exciting for you as it is for me. | 我想我们对此一样激动吧 |
[06:44] | This is not right. This is not us. | 这么做是不对的 我们不会这么做 |
[06:47] | Whatever. | 随便了 |
[06:49] | Mind taking me in the house? | 能带我进屋吗? |
[06:50] | I’d like to try to recover the rock or whatever it is they used. | 我想找到那块石头 或别的扔进来的东西 |
[06:53] | Dust it, see if I can get a print. | 撒些粉末 看能不能采集到指纹 |
[06:55] | Sure. | 好的 |
[06:58] | So what happens now? | 接下来该做什么? |
[07:00] | You and I going to go around the neighborhood, | 我们再走一遍社区 |
[07:02] | put up a new set of flyers warning people there’s a rock thrower in town? | 贴上新传单 警告别人镇上有扔石者吗? |
[07:08] | I didn’t think so. | 我想不用吧 |
[07:13] | Algae biofuel is our future. | 藻类生物燃料是我们的未来 |
[07:15] | We’ve been hearing it for years now. | 我们已经听说了好几年 |
[07:17] | And yet high capitalization and production costs | 然而高额的资本总额及生产成本 |
[07:20] | have made it virtually impossible | 决定了目前为止 |
[07:21] | to make tomorrow’s biofuel profitable today-Until now. | 利用未来的生物燃料在今天获利 是几乎不可能的 |
[07:26] | So what you’re looking at, ladies and gentlemen, | 先生们女士们 所以你们现在看到的 |
[07:28] | is the next generation of photo bio reactors. | 是下一代感光生物反应器 |
[07:31] | And here’s the good news- | 好消息是 |
[07:32] | We believe that our unique design | 我们相信我们独特的设计 |
[07:35] | will allow you to generate algae biodiesel | 能生产出藻类生物柴油 |
[07:38] | at approximately one half your current costs. | 却只花费你们目前一半的成本 |
[07:41] | Half, huh? | 只有一半? |
[07:43] | Did you know the boys at biofraction say | 你知道生物破碎公司的那些人说 |
[07:44] | they’ll have a reactor ready in 18 months that would cut costs almost 60%? | 他们会在18个月后制造出 降低60%成本的反应器吗? |
[07:49] | Is that what they say? | 他们是这么说的? |
[07:51] | Well, talk is cheap. | 吹牛不要钱 |
[07:52] | Unfortunately, biofuel generation isn’t. | 事实上 生物燃料生产做不到那样 |
[07:55] | Go back and ask them what they plan to do about light diffusion in their pbrs. | 你去问问他们会怎么处理 动力增殖反应堆中的光漫射 |
[07:59] | They don’t have an answer yet, which is why they need another 18 months. | 他们目前还无法解决 所以需要18个月 |
[08:02] | My colleague todd gillis and i?We cracked that nut last march. | 我和我的同事Todd Gillis 去年就解决了这个难题 |
[08:06] | So it’s up to you. | 所以你来选择 |
[08:07] | You can wait 18 months and see if the folks at biofraction | 是等18个月 看那些生物破碎公司的人 |
[08:10] | can actually cash the check they’re trying to write you… | 是否能兑现他们的诺言… |
[08:12] | Or you can go with us today. | 或者现在就与我们合作 |
[08:14] | If you’re wrong about them, you only miss out on, | 如果你看错了他们 那你的损失… |
[08:17] | what,a few hundred million in savings? | 少说也得几百万吧 |
[08:22] | That was very impressive. | 干得太漂亮了 |
[08:24] | They teach you that in engineering school? | 理科学校也教这种知识吗? |
[08:26] | Hmm, you liked that, huh? | 你也觉得不错吧? |
[08:27] | Not too bad. | 不错 |
[08:30] | It doesn’t go any better than that. | 这事办得太漂亮了 |
[08:32] | That’s great.Okay, I’ll let everyone on the team know | 很好 我会在下班回家前 |
[08:34] | before we go home tonight. | 通报给整个团队 |
[08:35] | Listen, before you do, I was hoping you’d come up to my office for a few minutes. | 先别急下班 占你几分钟 来我办公室一下 |
[08:38] | I’ve still got a little business i’d like to talk to you about. | 工作上 我还有点小事要和你谈 |
[08:39] | Dan, I’ve got to meet my wife like at this… | Dan 我和妻子约好了… |
[08:41] | At this neighbor thing in like 20 minutes. | 20分钟后去参加个社区会议 |
[08:43] | Take it from a man who spent more than a few nights in the doghouse- | 听我这个过来人一句话… |
[08:46] | there are moments that are worth it. | 有些时候是十分值得的 |
[08:48] | This is one of those moments. | 今天就是其中之一 |
[08:51] | When you’ve been doing this as long as I have, | 等你做这行像我这么久时 |
[08:53] | you start to believe that the world is basically made up of two types of people- | 你就会觉得这世界由两种人组成 |
[08:57] | Engineers who do their best work with computers or drafting boards, | 一种是工程师 用电脑和演算板做开发 |
[09:01] | and business people that don’t really understand the science, | 另一种是商人 对科学一窍不通 |
[09:06] | but know how to read buyers and markets and can close a deal. | 但深谙商道 能做成生意 |
[09:10] | It’s very rare that you find someone that can do both those things. | 很少有人两样事都精通 |
[09:13] | Really nice job today, joe. | 你今天表现得太出色了 Joe |
[09:15] | Thank you, dan. I appreciate that. | 谢谢 Dan 谢谢赏识 |
[09:17] | Have a seat. | 坐下吧 |
[09:20] | I would like to bring you up in the company, joe. | 我想提拔你 Joe |
[09:23] | Senior management position. | 给你个高级经理人的位置 |
[09:25] | The type of job that comes with an ownership stake. | 这个职位可以分到所有权股份 |
[09:28] | I- I… Dan, I don’t know what to say. | 我都不知该怎么感谢你了 Dan |
[09:30] | Don’t say anything yet. Not till you’ve read the catch. | 别急着谢我 后面还有条件呢 |
[09:32] | Just because I see you as upper management, doesn’t mean that anyone else does. | 我觉得你够格经理人 但其他人却不然 |
[09:37] | The board sees you as an engineer. A science guy. | 董事会只当你是个工程师 玩科学的 |
[09:40] | That’s why I’d like you to get yourself an executive mba. | 所以 我要你去考个MBA学位 |
[09:44] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[09:45] | I want you to go back to school. | 我希望你深造一下 |
[09:47] | Now I know it’s an enormous commitment, | 我知道这非常的不容易 |
[09:50] | but it’s the only way that I can make this happen. | 但如果想让我帮你 只此一途 |
[09:52] | You do it at night,and after two years, | 你去上夜校 只需两年 |
[09:55] | you’ll be helping me run this company. | 你就可以和我一起管理这家公司了 |
[10:01] | Uh, I was on the phone all day today | 我打了一天的电话 |
[10:04] | talking to various members of law enforcement, | 和很多执法部门的人都谈过了 |
[10:07] | as well as to our city councilmen. | 其中也包括市议员 |
[10:10] | And the unfortunate truth is, | 不幸的是 |
[10:12] | none of them particularly care that my 16-year-old daughter | 没人在乎我16岁的女儿 |
[10:16] | is living just 300 feet from a man who raped a 16-year-old girl ten years ago. | 就住在离一个强奸犯不到100米的地方 |
[10:22] | None of them care that he lives 500 feet from you, nancy, | 也没人在乎Nancy漂亮的双胞胎 |
[10:26] | and you’re beautiful twins, | 住得离他也不过一百多米远 |
[10:28] | or directly across the street from you, bob and kelly, and your nine-year-old son. | 而Bob和Kelly的9岁儿子就住在他对门 |
[10:31] | So what can we do about it? | 我们能怎么办? |
[10:33] | – Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. – Okay, I’m just going to throw this out there, | – 是啊 – 好吧 我只是说给大家听听 |
[10:35] | but councilman dinardi told me that he heard of some cases | 议员Dinardi告诉我 他听说过一些案例 |
[10:39] | where neighborhoods actually pooled their resources | 某社区的人将钱凑在一起 |
[10:42] | to buy the sex offender’s house from him. | 从强奸犯手里买下他的房子 |
[10:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:47] | Didn’t think that was going to go over terribly well. | 我也认为这法子行不通 |
[10:50] | That leaves one option, really. | 那就只剩下一个选择了 |
[10:53] | We need to make it as uncomfortable as possible for this gentleman to stay. | 我们只好尽力让他待不下去 |
[10:59] | Oh, I-I heard that someone threw a rock through his window today, | 我听说有今天有人砸了他家的窗子 |
[11:03] | so, I mean, who knows?Maybe… Maybe he’s already planning on moving. | 谁知道呢…也许他正要搬走呢 |
[11:07] | – Yeah. Good. – Let’s assume he isn’t. | – 是啊 很好 – 咱们先假设他没这打算 |
[11:10] | The sidewalk in front of his house is public property. | 他家门前的人行道是公共财产 |
[11:15] | That means that we are entirely within our legal rights to gather there | 也就是说我们有权在那集会 |
[11:21] | and express our opinion of him as loudly and as often as we want. | 随心所欲的表达对他的看法 |
[11:42] | Hey. I know you. | 嗨 我认识你 |
[11:44] | Didn’t you used to be my husband? | 你过去好像是我老公? |
[11:46] | We used to do things together, like- I don’t know- | 过去咱们干什么都是一起的 比如… |
[11:49] | Go to community meetings about sex offenders who lived on our block. | 参加个社区会议 讨论下住在这片的强奸犯什么的 |
[11:54] | You know, you’ve been to one sex offender meeting, you’ve been to them all. | 那种会议千篇一律的 |
[12:00] | Ooh. You smell like alcohol. | 你身上好大的酒味 |
[12:03] | You smell like allison. | 你身上好香的Allison味 |
[12:06] | Have you been drinking? | 你喝酒了? |
[12:09] | With my boss. | 和我的老板 |
[12:10] | We did some eating, too, and a lot of talking. | 还一起吃了饭 谈了好多事 |
[12:14] | I think I’m his new crush. | 我现在是他的新宠 |
[12:16] | He wants you to get an mba? | 他让你去读MBA? |
[12:19] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[12:20] | Turns out all the cool kids have them, so I guess I got to get one. | 如今好像人手一个 我也得弄一个 |
[12:24] | Okay. Do you even want an mba? | 你自己想考MBA吗? |
[12:28] | Honestly, before today, I never even gave it any thought. | 说实话 之前 我从未想过 |
[12:31] | But now I know the kind of doors that it can open | 可现在 我知道它是块敲门砖 |
[12:32] | and the kind of money that I could be making… | 能让我赚大钱 |
[12:36] | But it seems pretty ambitious. | 但这是不是有点太强求了 |
[12:38] | I mean, you being in business school and me studying law. | 你去念商校 而我又在读法律 |
[12:41] | Yeah, well…It’s going to be a logistical nightmare, | 这下家里可要乱套了 |
[12:44] | but we’re going to figure it out | 不过我们会想出法子的 |
[12:45] | ’cause that’s what powerful couples like us do, right? | 豪门夫妇都是如此的 对吧? |
[12:50] | – Whiskey? – Mouthwash. | – 还有酒味? – 漱口水 |
[12:52] | Excellent. | 好极了 |
[12:53] | Now, come on, tell me about this meeting. | 快和我说说那个会议 |
[12:56] | Well, there’s really not a lot to tell. | 也没什么可说的 |
[12:58] | I mean, it’s pretty much what you would expect, you know. | 你猜也能猜到 |
[13:00] | People were upset. | 大家都愤愤不平 |
[13:02] | And that susannah woman was trying to organize | 那个叫Susanah的女人 |
[13:04] | a legal demonstration outside the guy’s house, and there was a sign-up sheet. | 想在那人门口搞个合法示威 还弄了个签名溥 |
[13:07] | Okay. What did you sign us up for? | 你呢 都承诺了什么? |
[13:10] | Nothing. | 没承诺什么 |
[13:12] | I don’t know. | 我也说不清 |
[13:14] | I met the guy today- The actual guy. | 今天我见到那人了 他本人 |
[13:19] | Somebody threw a rock through his window, so scanlon and I went over. | 有人砸了他家窗子 我和Scanlon过去看了 |
[13:22] | And…? | 然后呢… |
[13:25] | And…I’ve met a lot of scary people. | 然后…我见过很多令人心惊的坏人 |
[13:30] | Murderers, child molesters. | 杀人犯 恋童癖者 |
[13:33] | People who have a lot of all kinds of darkness around them. | 那种周身散发着邪恶的人 |
[13:39] | And…? | 那又怎么样? |
[13:41] | And I don’t know- I just… I didn’t see that. | 我说不清 我就是看不出来 |
[13:44] | I- I didn’t feel that.Not that. Not in him. | 也感觉不到 他身上没有 |
[13:47] | That need to hurt somebody else. | 那种让他想害人的倾向 |
[13:50] | The sadness, the frustration, the anger- | 悲伤啦 沮丧啦 愤怒啦… |
[13:54] | That I got, but the other? | 我是这么想 不知道别人怎么样 |
[13:57] | It’s stupid, right? | 有点荒唐 是吧 |
[13:59] | Come on. The guy was convicted.He did hard time. | 也是 他被定了罪 还服了刑 |
[14:04] | But I… I don’t know… I don’t know what my problem is. | 可我…也说不出问题在哪 |
[14:08] | I stood in the middle of that meeting, | 开会的时候 |
[14:10] | and the madder and the madder people got, | 大家越说越生气 |
[14:12] | the worse and worse I just started to feel for this guy. | 我却越来越同情他 |
[14:19] | Say something. | 你说话啊? |
[14:21] | None of it matters. | 无所谓了 |
[14:23] | We’re going to be rich. We’re going to move. | 反正我们要发财了 干脆搬家 |
[14:25] | That’s not funny, all right? | 一点都不好笑 |
[14:27] | I’m going to go to susannah’s house tomorrow and sign us up. | 明早我就去Susannah家 签上咱们的名 |
[14:30] | Of course, you are. | 去吧 |
[14:31] | Pick an easy shift, okay? | 挑个轻省的班 好吗? |
[14:33] | Like early sunday morning when no one’s really looking. | 比如没人会注意的周日早上 |
[14:37] | Have I told you lately what an inspiration you are to me? | 最近我有没有说过你对我有多支持? |
[14:40] | no. | 没有 |
[14:41] | There’s a reason for that. | 那是有原因的 |
[14:44] | This is unacceptable. | 我不能接受 |
[14:46] | You can’t give me a b. I don’t get b’s. | 你不能给我评B 我从没得过B |
[14:49] | As a concept? | 不明白什么是B? |
[14:50] | ’cause I’d be happy to break it down for you. | 我乐意解释给你听 |
[14:52] | Mr. Kerwin, I worked my butt off on this paper. | Kerwin先生 写这论文我挖空了心思 |
[14:54] | I know you did, stacy. | 我知道 Stacy |
[14:56] | You told me so when I gave it back to you on monday. | 周一我发还你时你就说过了 |
[14:58] | And then you told me again on tuesday | 周二你又讲了一遍 |
[15:00] | and wednesday and thursday, and still, | 周三 周四亦如此 |
[15:03] | you never really proved the central thesis of your paper. | 你的论文根本没说明中心命题 |
[15:06] | Hence the “b.” | 所以给你评B |
[15:10] | For the last time, mr. Kerwin,I have to get an “a” on this, | 我再说最后一次 这课我必须得A |
[15:13] | because without it, I drop to number two in my class, | 没有A 我在班上就滑到了第二名 |
[15:15] | and if I’m not valedictorian… | 就当不成毕业致词的学生代表了 |
[15:17] | Stanford will never take you, right? | 斯坦福便不会录取你 是吧? |
[15:22] | This is your last chance, mr. Kerwin. | 我最后给你个机会 Kerwin先生 |
[15:25] | Give me the grade that I deserve, or else. | 给我应得的分数 要不然 |
[15:30] | Stacy… | |
[15:34] | Are you threatening me? | 你在威胁我吗? |
[15:39] | It’s funny you should mention threats, Mr. Kerwin, | 你还好意思说威胁 Kerwin先生 |
[15:42] | because you’ve been threatening me all week. | 这一周来你可是一直在威胁我 |
[15:45] | Check your sent mail folder. | 看下你的发件箱吧 |
[15:48] | – What? – Just do it. | – 什么? – 看了就知道了 |
[15:59] | What the hell are these? | 这都是什么东西? |
[16:00] | Oh, those? | 什么东西? |
[16:02] | Those are the e-mails that you sent to me after you raped me. | 那些邮件是你在强奸了我后发给我的 |
[16:08] | Oh, you don’t remember? | 怎么 不记得了? |
[16:10] | That’s funny, | 真是可笑 |
[16:11] | because you get very specific about it in your e-mails. | 你的邮件里可是写得明明白白的 |
[16:18] | Stacy, how did you… | Stacy 你是怎么… |
[16:20] | I’m very good with computers. | 我对电脑很在行 |
[16:25] | What are you doing? | 你这是干什么? |
[16:26] | I’m doing what I didn’t do the last time you attacked me. | 我在做上次你侵犯我后我没做的事 |
[16:29] | I am fighting back. | 我在反抗 |
[16:32] | No! Somebody help me!Stay away from me! Oh, my god! | 不要 救命啊 离我远点 天啊 |
[16:35] | Stay away! | 滚开 |
[16:44] | okay if ***the guy was innocent | 好吧 如果这个强奸犯是无辜的 |
[16:49] | I feel terrible, | 我也深表同情 |
[16:51] | but speaking strictly as a parent, | 可做为父母 |
[16:54] | if he didn’t rape that girl, | 假设他真的没强奸那女孩 |
[16:55] | then we don’t have a sex offender living in our neighborhood. | 那这片社区就再没强奸犯了 |
[16:59] | Isn’t that good news? | 岂不是个好消息? |
[17:00] | Yeah, for us, but think about that poor man. | 对咱们来说是好消息 可对他呢? |
[17:03] | How is he supposed to get a job, live his life? | 他要怎么找工作 怎么生活? |
[17:05] | Yeah, I don’t have an answer for that, allison. | 我不知道 Allison |
[17:08] | Girls are going to be up in a few minutes. | 姑娘们马上就起床了 |
[17:15] | Hello. | 你好 |
[17:17] | Hey, lee. | 嗨 Lee |
[17:19] | No, no, we’re up. | 不 没 我们起了 |
[17:21] | I’m going to go jump in the shower. | 我去冲个澡 |
[17:23] | Oh, my god, that’s terrible. | 天啊 真是太不幸了 |
[17:27] | Yeah, I can meet you there in 20 minutes. | 好的 咱们20分钟后在那见面 |
[17:30] | I’ll see you there. | 到时见 |
[17:31] | What? What’s so terrible? | 怎么了? 什么太不幸了? |
[17:33] | That-that-that woman whose house I was at last night- | 昨晚请我们去的那家 |
[17:35] | Susannah collings- Her… Her daughter is missing. | Susannah Collings家 她的姑娘失踪了 |
[17:39] | She told me she was studying for the sats at a friend’s house. | 她跟我说她去朋友家备考SAT |
[17:43] | I told her to wake me when she got in. | 我让她回来时叫醒我 |
[17:45] | Suddenly, 4:30, I woke up, realized she never woke me. | 哪知 4点半了 我一觉醒来 才发觉她没回来 |
[17:49] | I went to her room- She wasn’t there. | 我去她房间看 没有 |
[17:51] | And then I called her friends, woke them all up. | 我打电话给她朋友 所有的朋友 |
[17:53] | She wasn’t there. | 也没有 |
[17:55] | She hadn’t been there for hours, and then, suddenly, | 说她走了好几个小时了 然后 |
[17:57] | I realized her car was right out front. | 我就发现她的车停在门前 |
[18:03] | Her car is right there, but no hayden. | 她的车就在那 可Hayden却不见了 |
[18:07] | Have you checked your cell phone lately? | 那你有没有查下手机留言? |
[18:08] | Maybe she left you a message, went out for breakfast with a friend. | 也许她留了话 出去和朋友吃早餐了 |
[18:11] | This thing has not left my hand since I woke up. | 从我醒过来 手机就没离手 |
[18:14] | I call her every three minutes, | 不到3分钟我就给她打一次 |
[18:15] | and then I check to see if she called me, | 然后再查她有没有打给我 |
[18:17] | and then I check my e-mails and I double-check my texts. | 再去看信箱 再看短信 |
[18:19] | It’s just a question we have to ask. | 我们只是例行询问一下 |
[18:21] | Why are we standing here? | 我们为什么还在这傻站着 |
[18:23] | Shouldn’t we be looking for her? | 不出去找她吗? |
[18:24] | Shouldn’t we be knocking at that animal’s door? | 不应该找上那些禽兽的门去吗? |
[18:27] | Pardon me? | 请原谅 你说什么? |
[18:28] | No. I won’t pardon you. | 不 我不能原谅你 |
[18:31] | I won’t pardon anyone who said it was all right for that… | 凡是觉得让那禽兽搬来这片不会有事的人 |
[18:34] | Monster to move onto my block. | 我统统不原谅 |
[18:37] | Whoa, Mrs. Collings,i’d be happy to walk down the street and have a chat with Mr. Kerwin, | Collings夫人 我很愿意去和Kerwin谈谈 |
[18:41] | but we have no reason at this point to believe… | 不过 目前 我们没有证据能说明… |
[18:43] | Detective, he raped a teenage girl! | 探长大人 他强奸过一个少女 |
[18:46] | He threatened to kill her. | 还威胁要杀了她 |
[18:47] | I have a teenage girl, and no one can tell me where she is. | 我家也有个少女 如今却不知哪里去了 |
[19:04] | Hey, it’s lee. | 嗨 我是Lee |
[19:06] | Listen, uh, put a little detail together. Go up the block to 177. | 听我说 收集下材料 去177号 |
[19:10] | Knock on the door. | 去叫门 |
[19:12] | Ask if we could please take a look around the house. | 问下能不能让我们进去检查一下 |
[19:15] | Let me call forensics, take a look at the car as well. | 我会打电话找鉴证科的人来 查下他的车 |
[19:18] | Yeah.thanks for**** | 多谢… |
[19:20] | Susannah, have you actually met Mr. Kerwin? | Susannah 你见过Kerwin先生本人吗? |
[19:25] | Allison, I think you know the answer to that question. | Allison 这还用问吗 |
[19:29] | Look, I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[19:30] | I… I just have a strong feeling that he’s got nothing to do with this. | 只是 我有种强烈的直觉 他和这事无关 |
[19:35] | I don’t know. I’m just hoping that any second, | 我也希望 忽然间 |
[19:37] | your little girl is going to come through that door and tell you about her… | 你家的姑娘就走进门来 跟你诉说… |
[19:40] | Her crazy night and how she lost her cell phone. | 她如何疯了一宿 如何丢了手机 |
[19:47] | I keep hoping. | 我也希望如此 |
[19:56] | I swear to you,I’ve never seen that girl before in my life. | 我发誓 我这辈子就没见过这姑娘 |
[20:04] | You know, I’m not an idiot. I mean, I see a girl like this, I cross the street. | 我也不傻 碰到这种女孩 我都会躲开 |
[20:08] | I change seats on the bus. | 在公车上 我都会换个座位 |
[20:11] | I don’t want any trouble.I just want to live my life. | 我不想惹麻烦 我只想过我自己的日子 |
[20:14] | We understand that, mr. Kerwin, and we appreciate you coming down here. | 我明白 Kerwin先生 同时谢谢你的合作 |
[20:17] | To be perfectly honest, we’re not entirely sure that this girl was even abducted. | 说实话 我们还不能肯定这少女被绑架了 |
[20:21] | But, uh… If you could account for your whereabouts last night, | 不过 要是你能说下你昨晚在哪 |
[20:25] | this would be a very short conversation. | 你很快就能离开 |
[20:32] | I was at home. | 我在家 |
[20:34] | I watched tv. | 看电视 |
[20:36] | I went to bed. | 睡觉 |
[20:37] | Can anyone confirm that? | 有人能证明吗? |
[20:39] | I’m on a list of registered sex offenders, detective. | 我是有案底的强奸犯 探长大人 |
[20:42] | It probably won’t surprise you to hear that I live alone, | 如果说我独身一人 您不会吃惊吧 |
[20:45] | so no, of course not. | 所以 当然没有 |
[20:47] | It wouldn’t necessarily have to be somebody you live with. | 不用非得是和你同住的人 |
[20:50] | Did you call out for a pizza? | 你有没有叫外卖啊? |
[20:52] | Or maybe a neighbor saw you taking out your garbage? | 有没有邻居看到你出来扔垃圾啊? |
[20:56] | No, I didn’t see anyone, | 我谁也没看到 |
[20:58] | and no one saw me. | 也没人看到我 |
[21:02] | You know, I’m a college-educated guy. | 我本是个大学老师 |
[21:04] | Don’t you think, if I wanted to do this terrible thing- which I don’t- | 如果我想犯罪 当然我并没有 |
[21:09] | Don’t you honestly think i’d be smart enough | 你真觉得我那点聪明都没有 |
[21:12] | to find someone who didn’t live in my neighborhood? | 就在自己的周围找人下手? |
[21:15] | On my block, where my face is posted on every tree? | 在自己的社区? 何况那的树上还满贴着我的照片 |
[21:20] | With all due respect, mr. Kerwin, | 我没别的意思 Kerwin先生 |
[21:21] | sex offenders aren’t known for their rational decision making. | 强奸犯很少会做出理智的选择 |
[21:26] | Even the smart ones. | 包括有点小聪明的 |
[21:28] | Okay. You’re already searching my house and my car. | 那好 你们不是在搜我的家和车吗? |
[21:33] | Not that I have a choice. | 虽然我不愿意 |
[21:35] | We all know my fourth amendment rights went away when I was convicted of rape. | 既然我被判强奸 也就别提什么第四修正案赋予的权利了 |
[21:39] | And I want to tell you right now you’re not gonna find anything. | 可我要告诉你 你什么都不会找到 |
[21:43] | What I want to say, | 我要说的是 |
[21:45] | whatever else you need me to help with,I’ll do it. | 不管你要我怎么帮你 我都会去做 |
[21:49] | I’m happy to help.I- I | 也很高兴能帮你 |
[21:52] | just want to be clear about that. | 我只想早日开脱 |
[21:56] | Would you be willing to take a polygraph test? | 那你愿不愿意测谎? |
[21:58] | I’d love to take a polygraph test. | 非常愿意 |
[22:01] | okay. I’ll get the consent forms, | 好吧 我会弄份授权表格 |
[22:04] | and we’ll see if we can get the equipment set up right away. | 再去看看能不能马上准备好设备 |
[22:20] | It’s gonna be okay. | 没事的 |
[22:28] | Why would you say that to me? | 你干嘛对我说这个? |
[22:33] | Every police officer, every lawyer I’ve met since | 自从那少女说我强奸了她 |
[22:36] | that girl said I raped her… | 所有我遇到的警察 律师 |
[22:40] | They look at me like I’m the devil. | 都把我看成恶魔 |
[22:42] | Like… They wish I would simply die | 似乎…都希望我马上死了才好 |
[22:49] | so they… They could be done with me. | 这样 就不用再见着我了 |
[22:53] | I don’t know. | 我也说不出来 |
[22:57] | I guess I just don’t see the devil. | 我想我只是没看出邪恶 |
[23:02] | I don’t know why… | 我也不知道为什么… |
[23:04] | But I think it’s gonna be okay. | 不过 我想 你不会有事的 |
[23:12] | Well, that’s a good-looking casserole and everything. | 好漂亮的一锅菜 色香味俱全啊 |
[23:16] | But we just ate a couple hours ago. | 不过我们才刚吃完的饭 |
[23:19] | I’m not sure I’m up for another meal. | 我这会还不太想再吃一顿呢 |
[23:20] | It’s not for you. It’s for our new neighbor. | 不是给你的 是给咱们新邻居的 |
[23:22] | Are you serious? | 你没开玩笑吧? |
[23:24] | You think that’s smart? | 你这样做明智吗? |
[23:28] | The guy’s still a person of interest in a potential kidnapping, right? | 他可还背着绑架的嫌疑呢 |
[23:33] | And you still work for the district attorney, don’t you? | 而你还在检察官办公室上班 |
[23:36] | Where are you going with this? | 你想说什么? |
[23:37] | Don’t you think that some people might see that as a conflict of interest? | 你不认为有人会觉得 这里面有点利益冲突吗? |
[23:40] | Come on. I’m giving the guy a tuna casserole, not a lexus. | 得了吧 我给他盘炖鱼 又不是豪车 |
[23:44] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[23:46] | Just do me a favor. | 不过 帮我个忙 |
[23:48] | I know you think the guy’s innocent and everything, | 我知道你觉得他是无辜的 |
[23:50] | but if he invites you inside… | 但如果他邀请你进家… |
[23:52] | Look, don’t worry. I’m just gonna stand on the porch and pass it to him. | 不用担心 我就到门口 交给他就完了 |
[23:55] | Okay. If you’re not back in ten minutes, | 好吧 但10分钟内你要是没回来 |
[23:58] | i’m calling jodie foster. | 我可就给Jodie Foster打电话了 |
[24:21] | Hey, it’s the middle of the night.What are you doing up? | 大半夜的 你起来干什么? |
[24:25] | Bad dream. | 做了个恶梦 |
[24:26] | Yeah, I had one, too.Must be going around. | 我也做了一个 只好起来走走 |
[24:30] | Tell me yours first. | 先说说你的 |
[24:34] | Well, two well-meaning people decided to go back to school | 两个出发点都很好的人 同时决定重返校园 |
[24:38] | at the same time they were trying to pay for their oldest child’s education. | 而与此同时 他们还要给长女交学费 |
[24:43] | and? | 还有呢? |
[24:45] | And no matter how many ways the husband | 还有就是无认当老公的怎么算 |
[24:47] | tried to make the figures work, he just couldn’t do it. | 也想不出个办法来 |
[24:51] | Not without robbing a bank or winning the lotto. | 除非是抢了银行 或是中了大奖 |
[24:55] | Not for all three people. | 三个人都上学肯定不行 |
[25:01] | What’s yours? | 你的梦是什么? |
[25:03] | It’s the same. | 一样 |
[25:06] | Except in my version, the wife waited almost 18 years | 只不过在我的梦里 妻子等了18年 |
[25:09] | to complete her first education. | 想拿到她第一个学位 |
[25:12] | Her husband had already gotten his engineering degrees. | 而她老公已经有了工学学位 |
[25:17] | Her children already had college funds put aside for them. | 她的孩子们念书的钱也早已经准备好了 |
[25:22] | I just don’t know how to do it. | 我也不知道该怎么办好了 |
[25:25] | Sure, you do. | 你当然知道 |
[25:29] | You just got to convince me to wait some more. | 你只需说服我继续等着就行了 |
[25:35] | Where you going? | 你去哪? |
[25:37] | Going back to sleep. I hate this dream. | 睡觉 我讨厌这个梦 |
[25:39] | I’m gonna get me another. | 我再去做一个 |
[26:02] | yep? | 有事? |
[26:04] | Hey. You got a minute? | 嗨 您有空吗? |
[26:06] | Sure. What’s going on? | 有 怎么了? |
[26:08] | Well, I… I just noticed that you’re still interviewing | 我看你仍然在面试新人 |
[26:10] | for that assistant d.a. Position. | 来填补检察官助手的位置 |
[26:12] | Yep. It’s a shame you don’t have your degree. You’d be perfect for it. | 是的 真可惜你没有学位 否则正合适你 |
[26:16] | Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing. | 是啊 我也正在想这事 |
[26:21] | So how about a raise? | 能不能给我加点薪? |
[26:24] | Okay. Let’s start over. | 好吧 我们从头说起 |
[26:26] | Well, that’s the thing. We can’t really start over. | 就是这话 我们哪能从头再来呢? |
[26:29] | I’m never gonna be 24 again. | 我再也不会24岁了 |
[26:31] | I’m never gonna be one of these kids fresh out of law school, | 我再也不会是个刚毕业的孩子了 |
[26:34] | but at least I could still get my degree. | 可至少我还能拿上个学位 |
[26:38] | I could still get my license to practice. | 我能拿到执业证书 |
[26:40] | I just… I just need to get some money together for tuition and… | 我只是需要点钱 交学费还有… |
[26:44] | Okay, allison, let me stop you there. | Allison 我要打断你一下 |
[26:45] | There is not one dime in the city budget, in my budget | 我的那点预算 |
[26:48] | that hasn’t already been spoken for- twice. | 全都是一分钱掰成了两半来花 |
[26:51] | If I could get it for you, I would, but… | 如果我能弄点给你 我一定会 可.. |
[26:54] | It’s okay.Another life. | 算了 下辈子再说吧 |
[26:58] | yep. | 请进 |
[27:02] | I heard you were both here. | 我听到你们在说话 |
[27:04] | Thought you’d want to know. We found the collings girl this morning. | 不这你肯定想知道这事 我们找到了Colliings家的女孩 |
[27:07] | Well, that’s good news, isn’t it? | 是个好消息 对吧? |
[27:09] | She was found at riverside park. | 是在沿河公园找到的 |
[27:11] | – Buried in a children’s sandbox. – Buried in a playground sandbox. | – 埋在游乐场的沙箱里 – 埋在游乐场的沙箱里 |
[27:15] | That’s, that’s all I know. | 我只知道这些 |
[27:17] | I- I didn’t even realize that I knew that. | 我都没意识到我知道这事 |
[27:21] | Her poor mother… | 她可怜的母亲… |
[27:23] | Cause of death appears to be multiple stab wounds. | 死于多处刺伤 |
[27:26] | The only good news in all this is that | 唯一称得上好消息的是… |
[27:27] | the knife used to kill the girl was found buried with the body. | 凶器就埋在尸体边上 |
[27:31] | and? | 所以? |
[27:32] | And we got a partial print from the handle. | 在刀柄上 发现了部分指纹 |
[27:34] | everything pointed to one guy | 证据都指向那人 |
[27:37] | Your new neighbor clark kerwin. | 你的新邻居Clark Kerwin |
[27:42] | Coroner counts 16 stab wounds, | Coroner数了下 有16处刺伤 |
[27:44] | – one for every year that she was alive. – My god. | – 活一年 挨一刀 – 我的老天 |
[27:46] | There’s also some bruising consistent | 还有些淤青 |
[27:48] | with a sexual assault. | 符合性侵犯的特征 |
[27:51] | Is that the knife? | 就是这把刀吗? |
[27:54] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[28:05] | I’m sorry, but none of this makes any sense to me. | 抱歉 可我总觉得没道理 |
[28:09] | What doesn’t make sense to you? | 什么没道理? |
[28:10] | I’m not convinced that he raped that girl ten years ago, | 我不相信10年前他强奸过那个女孩 |
[28:14] | much less killed this girl. | 也不相信他杀了这个 |
[28:16] | Okay, let’s start at the beginning. What’s this about ten years ago? | 好吧 咱们从头说说 十年前怎么了? |
[28:18] | I had a dream.In it, he didn’t do anything. | 我做过一个梦 梦里 他什么也没干 |
[28:21] | It was all a setup. The girl was angry. | 都是陷害 那女孩被惹恼了 |
[28:24] | He was her teacher. | 他当时是她老师 |
[28:26] | He didn’t give her the grade that she wanted. | 没有给她评她想要的成绩 |
[28:28] | Okay, all right. | 那好 |
[28:30] | Let’s say that was the case. | 假设你说的都对 |
[28:31] | Nonetheless, kerwin did spend ten years in prison. | 可无论如何 Kerwin都在狱中过了10年 |
[28:34] | And prison changes a person, allison.Not always for the better. | 而监狱会改变一个人 Allison 且不总是朝好的方向 |
[28:37] | It’s funny that you suddenly believe in this guy so strongly. | 你忽然这么相信他 说起来还真够巧的 |
[28:40] | why? | 哪巧了? |
[28:41] | ’cause when we picked him up this morning, | 今天早上我们抓捕他时 |
[28:44] | he didn’t want his lawyer,didn’t want the public defender. | 他不要律师 不要辩护人 |
[28:46] | All he wanted to do was speak with you. | 只想见你 |
[28:53] | Mr. Kerwin? | Kerwin先生 |
[28:56] | They told me you wanted to see me. | 他们说你想见我 |
[28:58] | You said it was gonna be okay. | 你说不会有事的 |
[29:00] | You still say that? | 你还这么认为吗? |
[29:03] | They found your fingerprints on the knife. | 他们在刀柄上发现了你的指纹 |
[29:09] | I know you showed me her picture the other day, | 那天你确实给我看过她的照片 |
[29:12] | but I don’t even remember what she looked like. | 可我现在连她长什么样都记不起来了 |
[29:15] | I don’t even remember her name. | 我连名字都不记得了 |
[29:18] | Hayden. | |
[29:21] | Her name was hayden. | 她名叫Hayden |
[29:27] | You said it was gonna be okay. | 你说不会有事的 |
[29:29] | I was wrong. | 我错了 |
[29:31] | That’s it? | 这就完了? |
[29:34] | That’s all you have to say to me? | 你就只有这句话? |
[29:37] | no.Get a lawyer. | 不 找个律师吧 |
[29:47] | Mrs. Dubois… | Dubois夫人… |
[29:49] | My friend at the district attorney’s office. | 我检察官办公室的朋友 |
[29:52] | Susannah, I realize we don’t know each other well, but | Susannah 我知道我们相互了解的还不够 |
[29:56] | I just want to tell you how sorry I am about your loss. | 我只想说 我深表同情 |
[30:00] | If there’s ever anything I can do for you… | 如果有任何事我能为你做的… |
[30:03] | Do for me? | 为我? |
[30:05] | When that man moved into the neighborhood, | 那人搬来这一片时… |
[30:07] | I begged you and the people you work with to do something for me. | 我求你和你的同事想想办法 |
[30:11] | When hayden disappeared, | Hayden刚失踪那会 |
[30:13] | I pleaded with you and that detective to go down to that house, | 我苦求你和那探员去他家看看 |
[30:16] | make that animal admit that he’d taken her. | 让那禽兽招认他绑架了她 |
[30:20] | How do I know she wouldn’t still be alive | 如果当时你和你的同事带着枪过去 |
[30:24] | if you and your colleagues had marched down there guns drawn, | 逼着他交待她的下落 |
[30:28] | demanded he tell you where she was? | 也许她此时还活着 |
[30:32] | No, I’m sorry. | 所以 我也很抱歉 |
[30:35] | The offer’s a little late. | 你的慷慨有点晚了 |
[30:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:45] | Hypothetical question. | 问你个假想的问题 |
[30:46] | That’s my favorite kind. Shoot. | 正是我喜欢的类型 真是的 |
[30:48] | Okay, all right, so in this scenario,there’s this guy, | 好吧 事情大概是这样 有这么个人 |
[30:50] | who, he brings home most of the money into his household, right? | 是养家的主力 |
[30:54] | Breadwinner. Got it. | 挣口粮的 明白吗? |
[30:55] | And this guy has an opportunity, a good one. | 他有了一个好机会 |
[30:58] | The hypothetical breadwinner has an opportunity to bring home a lot more bread. | 这个假想中养家的人有机会挣到更多的粮 |
[31:03] | The problem is, if he goes through with this, | 问题是 如果他去抓这个机会 |
[31:05] | his hypothetical wife has to give up an opportunity of her own. | 他假想的妻子就只好放弃她自己的机会 |
[31:09] | One that means a lot to her. | 一个对她也很重要的机会 |
[31:11] | And the hypothetical guy can’t get his wife to understand | 这个假想男不能取得妻子的理解 |
[31:14] | that he’s not actually doing this to be selfish. | 他这种行为不是一种自私 |
[31:17] | He’s doing it for her. | 而恰恰是为了她好 |
[31:19] | – Are there hypothetical kids involved? Hypothetical college tuitions? – Yes. | – 这里面没有假想的孩子?假想的学费? – 有 |
[31:22] | – Yes, absolutely. – Oh, well, | – 当然有 – 嗯 |
[31:23] | I gotta say this one doesn’t sound too complicated. | 我得说这事没那么复杂 |
[31:28] | He’s just gotta talk common sense to the woman. | 只要和他的妻子摆摆道理就行了 |
[31:32] | Like, there are two opportunities: | 好比说 有两个机会 |
[31:34] | whichever one’s gonna bring more money into the family, | 哪一个能给家里挣来更多的钱? |
[31:36] | that’s the one that has to prevail. | 那么就应该去抓住哪一个 |
[31:38] | We’re grown-ups, joe. “dream?” | 我们都是成人了 Joe 还做梦? |
[31:40] | that’s a word that one of these kids would use. | 只有那群孩子才会做梦 |
[31:43] | What if his wife doesn’t agree with his logic? | 那要是他妻子不认同他的逻辑呢? |
[31:45] | Well, first of all, she should. | 首先 她应该认同 |
[31:47] | She’s a part of this family, too, right? | 她也是家庭的一分子 对吧? |
[31:49] | She should be capable of making a tough decision | 她应该能做出艰难的决择 |
[31:53] | – that’s for the greater good. – That’s right. | – 为了大家都好嘛 – 正是这个理 |
[31:54] | And I mean that’s what this is really about, right? | 这才是真正的目的 对吧? |
[31:57] | The greater good? | 为了大家都好 |
[31:58] | He’s got to do what’s best for his family. | 他必须要做对全家都有利的事 |
[32:00] | – That’s right. – His whole family. | – 说的对 – 为了他全家 |
[32:04] | Yeah. | 对 |
[32:07] | Thank you for picking me up. | 多谢你来接我 |
[32:10] | I guess we have old-fashioned kids. They just like the idea of having a dad. | 也许是因为我们的孩子老套吧 不想没了爹 |
[32:13] | That’s funny. | 哈哈 |
[32:16] | So, listen, I need to talk to you. | 听我说 我有事要跟你谈 |
[32:20] | I’ve made a decision. | 我决定了 |
[32:23] | I’m gonna go to business school. | 我要去念商校 |
[32:25] | I’m gonna go into my boss tomorrow, | 我明天就知会我老板 |
[32:28] | i’m gonna thank him for thinking of me | 感谢他想着我 |
[32:30] | and ask him to go ahead and make a call on my behalf. | 请他代为引荐 |
[32:35] | I understand if you’re upset. | 我知道你会很生气 |
[32:38] | I hate the fact that law school is not gonna work out right now, | 我也不愿见你这会上不了法校 |
[32:43] | but this is really the right decision. | 但这决定真的没错 |
[32:46] | This really is for the greater good. | 是为了大家都好 |
[32:48] | It really is. | 真的 |
[32:51] | If you say so. | 你爱怎么说就怎么说吧 |
[32:52] | I guess I do.I guess I say so. | 我是这么说的 也是这么想的 |
[32:56] | All right, what do you say? | 你有什么话要说吗? |
[32:59] | What, me? | 我? |
[33:01] | Not much.I mean, I don’t have much to say,not right now. | 没啥要说的 至少这会没有 |
[33:07] | It’s late, and I’m tired. | 太晚了 我也累了 |
[33:09] | And my husband just called me out of the blue to come pick him up from a bar. | 我老公大半夜的叫我来酒吧接他 |
[33:14] | Not to mention there’s a 16-year-old girl | 而离家不远 |
[33:16] | who lives around the corner from us who was just brutally murdered. | 刚刚有个16岁少女被杀了 |
[33:19] | So while my husband’s out drinking and deciding the future of our family, | 当我那老公外面喝着酒决定家庭未来时 |
[33:24] | I am at home trying to calm down our daughters | 我正在家里安抚两个女儿 |
[33:28] | so I can get them to finish their homework and go to bed. | 好让她们做完作业 上床睡觉 |
[33:32] | So I’m sorry.You know what, I’m gonna have to just get back to you | 所以 很抱歉 我过会再答复你吧 |
[33:35] | on why that, that might be the stupidest thing that you’ve ever said to me! | 知道为什么吗 因为你说的都是蠢话 |
[33:40] | And the greater good my ass! | 去你娘的为了大家都好 |
[34:04] | Hi, there. | 嗨 你好 |
[34:05] | I saw the moving vans this morning, | 我早上看到搬家公司的车 |
[34:06] | so I figured we must have had a new addition to the neighborhood. | 我就知道肯定来了新邻居 |
[34:10] | Yeah. | 是的 我确实才搬进来 |
[34:11] | I’m just getting settled in. | 我确实才搬进来 |
[34:13] | Oh, that’s great. We’re so glad someone finally bought this place. | 太好了 终于有人买了这房子 |
[34:16] | Um, I’m susannah collings.I’m from down 157. | 我是Susannah Collings 住在157号 |
[34:20] | Hi. I’m clark. | 我叫Clark |
[34:22] | Well, it’s nice to meet you, clark. | 很高兴认识你 Clark |
[34:24] | I know you’re busy moving in, | 我知道你正忙着收拾 |
[34:25] | so I won’t keep you,but I made you cake. | 因此就不多打扰了 我给你做了个蛋糕 |
[34:29] | Just my way of saying, “welcome to the neighborhood. “ | 当是欢迎你的到来 |
[34:31] | wow. Thanks. | 真是太谢谢了 |
[34:34] | I wasn’t sure if you unpacked your kitchen things yet, | 我不知道你是不是已经有了餐具 |
[34:36] | so I brought you a little care package. | 所以 干脆给你拿来了几件 |
[34:39] | Some plates, some utensils. Just drop them by when you’re done. | 就是点盘子 碗的 用完了再送回来好了 |
[34:42] | Okay. | 好的 |
[34:43] | Nice to meet you, clark. | 很高兴认识你 Clark |
[34:45] | I’m sure we’ll be seeing a lot of each other. | 相信今后咱们会经常见面的 |
[34:48] | bye. | 再见 |
[35:03] | Susannah gave *** | 刀是Susannah给Clark的 |
[35:05] | She gave it to him the day that he moved in. | 就在他刚搬进去那天 |
[35:07] | She pretended she didn’t know who he was; she knew exactly who he was. | 她假意不知其身份 心里却清楚的很 |
[35:10] | She even printed out his picture from the sex offender registry. | 她甚至从强奸犯登记表里打印了他的照片 |
[35:12] | Wait a minute.She wanted to make friends with a sex offender? | 等下 她竟想同强奸犯交朋友? |
[35:15] | She wanted to set him up for her daughter’s murder. | 她想陷害他谋杀她的女儿 |
[35:19] | She wanted him to return that knife with his fingerprints on it. | 她希望他能还回一把带着其指纹的刀 |
[35:22] | She knew if she did a good enough job setting him up, | 她知道只要她做的够细致 |
[35:24] | we wouldn’t even think to look for another suspect. | 我们甚至不会去怀疑别人 |
[35:27] | And you know what, she was right, we didn’t. | 她是对的 我们确实没有 |
[35:30] | The minute we found his prints on that knife, | 我们一在刀上发现他的指纹 |
[35:32] | the case was as good as closed. | 案子就差不多可以结了 |
[35:34] | But, allison, hayden collings’ body was savaged with this knife. | 但Hayden Collings的尸体和刀 是一起被发现的 |
[35:37] | And I just can’t believe that a mother could do that to her own daughter. | 而且我不信一个母亲能这样 对自己的女儿 |
[35:40] | Okay, hayden was not susannah’s daughter, | Hayden不是Susannah的女儿 |
[35:43] | she was her stepdaughter. | 她是她的继女 |
[35:44] | I did some research this morning. | 我今早查了资料 |
[35:46] | Hayden’s real mother died of leukemia when she was five. | Hayden的亲生母亲 在她五岁的时候死于白血病 |
[35:48] | Her father married susannah a few years later. | 她爸爸几年后娶了Susannah |
[35:51] | He died in a car accident 18 months ago. | 他在18个月前死于车祸 |
[35:53] | He left his entire life savings to hayden, | 他把自己的毕生积蓄都留给了Hayden |
[35:56] | to be kept in a trust that matured the day that she turned 18. | 现在被保管在一个基金里 她到18岁就可以继承 |
[35:59] | But in the event that hayden predeceased her stepmother… | 但由于Hayden先于她继母而死 |
[36:02] | All of it goes to susannah. | 所有钱就是Susannah的了 |
[36:05] | I’m in the middle of something. | 我现在有事 |
[36:09] | All right, put him through. | 好 让他接 |
[36:13] | Yes, sir. | 警官 |
[36:15] | no. | 不 |
[36:18] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[36:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:25] | That was the precinct captain over at the arroyo jail | 是Arroyo监狱的队长 |
[36:28] | where they were holding clark kerwin. | Clark Kerwin被关在那里 |
[36:31] | He hung himself in his jail cell less than 30 minutes ago. | 他30分钟前在监狱上吊自杀了 |
[36:43] | hey. | 嗨 |
[36:44] | hey | 嗨 |
[36:47] | You reading about our neighbor? | 你在看我们邻居的事? |
[36:49] | I just heard about it in the car. | 我刚刚在车里听到了 |
[36:52] | He didn’t kill this girl. He didn’t rape the other one either. | 他没杀这个女孩 也没强奸那个女孩 |
[36:55] | – You did the best you could. – Maybe. | – 你尽力了 – 也许吧 |
[36:59] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[37:00] | That’s my plan.That’s my financial plan. | 我的计划 我的财务计划 |
[37:03] | That’s how much tuition and how many classes I can take if I use just my salary. | 只用我的薪水的话 这是可以支付的学费和能上的课数 |
[37:08] | I submitted my application today. | 我今天已经交申请了 |
[37:11] | You know,maybe it’s egomaniacal, | 这也许很自私 |
[37:14] | but I can’t help but thinkmaybe if I was actually a practicing attorney | 但我无法制止自己不去想 如果我是个实习律师的话 |
[37:17] | instead of whatever it is I am, | 而不是现在的什么 |
[37:19] | maybe clark kerwin would be alive. | 也许Clark Kerwin就可以活着 |
[37:21] | Maybe his legacy would be a lot of young people he’d educated instead of this. | 也许他的遗产就会是桃李满天下 而不是这个下场 |
[37:26] | okay | 好的 |
[37:27] | I left you some tuna noodles in the refrigerator. | 我给你留了些吞拿鱼面在冰箱里 |
[37:29] | I’m going to bed. I’ll see you in there. | 我去睡觉了 床上见 |
[37:32] | Hey, you know what, if you’re smart, | 如果你还算聪明的话 |
[37:34] | you’ll keep your hands to yourself the next couple days. | 这两天就别毛手毛脚的 |
[37:37] | Now, you know the details of your parole. | 假释详情都知道了吧 |
[37:40] | No contact with the victim. | 不能和受害人联系 |
[37:42] | No attempts to contact the victim, even through a third party. | 不能想和受害人联系 通过别人也不行 |
[37:45] | And you’ve got ten days to inform the community of your presence. | 你必须在十天内通知别人你住在这 |
[37:48] | Now, I’m required to be there when you put up the fliers, | 贴传单的时候我必须在场 |
[37:50] | so let me know when you want to do that. | 所以想贴的时候就告诉我 |
[37:54] | Questions? | 有什么问题吗? |
[37:55] | Yeah, I got questions. | 是的 我有 |
[37:56] | Why you people forcing me to brand myself as a pariah? | 为什么你们要给我贴个贱民标签? |
[37:59] | I don’t deserve this. | 这不是我应得的 |
[38:01] | I didn’t hurt anybody. I didn’t even touch anybody. | 我没伤害任何人 我连碰都没碰 |
[38:05] | We’ve been over this, dale. | 我们说过好几次了 Dale |
[38:07] | You’re a stalker. | 你是个跟踪狂 |
[38:09] | You ignored repeated warnings to stop harassing | 你无视我们的重复警告 |
[38:11] | that woman you used to work with. | 一直骚扰那个和你一起工作的女人 |
[38:12] | Then you trespassed on her property | 然后你还闯到她家 |
[38:14] | and videotaped her through her bedroom window. | 从她的卧室窗口录像 |
[38:16] | Now, every single one of those established facts is a crime. | 以上这些每一点都是犯罪 |
[38:20] | Doesn’t matter whether you touched anyone or not. | 不管你是否碰了别人 |
[38:22] | I’ve admitted I got carried away. | 我已经承认是一时不小心了 |
[38:25] | I’ve paid the price for it. | 也赎罪了 |
[38:26] | “carried away”?Dale, the police found, what, | 不小心? Dale 警察逮捕你的时候 |
[38:30] | 250 hours of illegally obtained footage | 可是在你电脑上发现了 |
[38:32] | on your computer when they arrested you. | 250个小时的非法录影带 |
[38:35] | That’s not getting carried away. | 这可不是不小心 |
[38:37] | That’s a pattern of behavior. | 这是故意的行为 |
[38:40] | Carried away. | 不小心 |
[38:43] | Let me know when you find work. | 找到工作后告诉我 |
[38:45] | Don’t hold your breath. | 你别吓一跳啊 |
[38:49] | Who’d hire me? | 谁会雇我啊? |
[38:53] | What? | 干嘛? |
[38:55] | You forgot to leave more forms for me to fill out? | 忘了多给我一些求职表了吗? |
[38:59] | Hi, neighbor. | 你好 我的邻居 |
[39:01] | I saw the moving van.I wanted to stop by | 我看见那个面包车了 |
[39:03] | and welcome you to our little neck of the woods. | 我想过来拜访一下 欢迎你来到我们这个小地方 |
[39:08] | So, you just met dale oleck. | 你刚刚见到Dale Oleck了吧 |
[39:12] | Clark, what are you doing here? | Clark 你在这做什么? |
[39:14] | Came to tell you a story about dale. | 我来告诉你个Dale的故事 |
[39:16] | Turns out, he moved into a housing development | 实际上 他在九个月前 |
[39:20] | on the other side of the highway about nine months ago. | 搬到高速路另一边的公寓了 |
[39:23] | Our favorite neighbor susannah went to welcome him, too. | 我们最爱的邻居Susannah去拜访了他 |
[39:29] | Same idea. | 同样的方法 |
[39:31] | Brought him a cake, gave him a knife. | 给了他个蛋糕 还有一把刀 |
[39:34] | Problem was, dale never bothered to return the knife | 但问题是 Dale才懒得去还什么刀 |
[39:38] | once he was done with the cake. | 他吃完蛋糕后 |
[39:41] | Misanthropic perverts can be wanting when it comes to manners. | 那个变态程序就被启动了 |
[39:44] | Why are you telling me this? | 你告诉我这些做什么? |
[39:46] | You’ve probably gleaned dale’s got an obsessive personality. | 你可能已经知道Dale有强迫症 |
[39:50] | Stalking that receptionist at his office that way. | 所以才会像那样跟踪公司的接待员 |
[39:55] | You know, deep in his heart, he actually believed she loved him. | 在他内心深处 他认为她是爱他的 |
[40:01] | Why are you telling me all of this? | 你干嘛告诉我这些呢? |
[40:03] | Flash forward. | 快进 |
[40:06] | He does his time, he moved into a house couple of miles away. | 他被假释了 搬到了一所不远的房子里 |
[40:11] | And lo and behold, a nice lady stops by | 搬进去以后 一个美丽的女人过来拜访 |
[40:15] | and brings him a cake. | 还给了他个蛋糕 |
[40:17] | Pretty. Friendly smile. | 带着美丽而友好地笑容 |
[40:22] | And a new obsession was born. | 让他强迫症再发 |
[40:24] | What are you saying? | 你在说什么? |
[40:26] | Are you saying that dale oleck is stalking susannah? | 你是说Dale Oleck在跟踪Susannah? |
[40:28] | For months now. | 已经好几个月了 |
[40:30] | He bought himself a new video camera, | 他给自己买了个新的摄像机 |
[40:32] | figured how to sneak into her yard. | 盘算着如何进到她的后院 |
[40:35] | Records everything he can. | 尽他所能记录所有的事 |
[40:38] | Matter of fact, he got some pretty interesting footage the other night. | 实际上在某天晚上 他拍到了一些很有趣的画面 |
[40:43] | Susannah collings covered in blood. | Susannah Collings全身是血 |
[40:47] | Her stepdaughter bleeding to death on the kitchen floor. | 她的继女在厨房地板上流血致死 |
[40:50] | Oh, my god. | 天呐 |
[40:52] | You talking to me? | 你在跟我说话吗? |
[40:54] | no. | 没有 |
[40:55] | Well, would you like to talk? | 你想聊聊吗? |
[40:57] | I’d like to talk. | 我想 |
[40:59] | I think we have a few things we should talk about. | 我觉得我们有几件事的确该谈谈 |
[41:01] | Where you going? | 你去哪? |
[41:03] | I got to call my boss, see if I can get a search warrant. | 我要给老板打电话 看我能不能拿到搜查令 |
[41:05] | I think I figured a way to nail susannah for her stepdaughter’s murder. | 我知道该怎样 让Susannah承认杀了自己的继女了 |
[41:11] | oh. Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:14] | Don’t worry. It’ll keep. | 别担心 证据不会消失的 |
[41:20] | Medium Season 7 Episode 09 | 灵媒缉凶 |