时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Those pancakes smell great. | 嗯 薄饼闻起来不错哟 |
[00:04] | What are you doing with those? | 你穿那些是要上哪儿啊 |
[00:05] | Luke and I are doing a recycling drive. | 卢克和我准备开车去收旧东西 |
[00:07] | If we collect enough bottles | 如果能收到够多的瓶子 |
[00:08] | they build a school in Africa. | 就可以在非洲建一所学校了 |
[00:10] | Wouldn’t that be so cool | 要是能读一所 |
[00:11] | to go to a school made out of bottles? | 用瓶子堆起来的学校就太给力了 |
[00:13] | That would certainly be a special school. | 那铁定是所特殊学校 |
[00:16] | Did you hear what I said, parents? | 你们有听到我说什么没 爹妈 |
[00:17] | “Special school”? | “特殊学校” |
[00:19] | Okay, nobody make a big deal about it, | 好吧 大家先别太大反应 |
[00:22] | but I just broke up with Dylan. | 我和迪兰分了 |
[00:23] | – No – Oh, my gosh. Are you okay, honey? | -别啊 -老天 你没事吧 宝贝 |
[00:25] | Yeah, I’m fine. I just | 嗯 没事 我只是 |
[00:27] | I need to date someone who has a clue, | 我得找个聪明灵活点的男朋友 |
[00:29] | instead of an idiot | 而迪兰就是个傻瓜 |
[00:31] | who bangs his head every time he rides his bike out of his garage | 每次把车骑出车库时都要撞到头 |
[00:34] | Every time! | 每次都是 |
[00:35] | I’m sorry, honey. | 真为你难过 宝贝 |
[00:37] | I’m sorry for both of you. | 我为你俩感到难过 |
[00:39] | I’ll have to text him later. | 我一会儿发短信安慰一下他 |
[00:41] | Mmm. I gotta jump in the shower. I’m gonna be late. | 嗯 我得去洗澡了 要迟了 |
[00:43] | Where are you going? | 要去哪儿啊 |
[00:44] | I’m going to meet my friend Valerie. | 去见我的好朋友 瓦莱丽 |
[00:46] | I haven’t seen her in 15 years. | 我们15年没见了 |
[00:47] | We used to work together. | 我们之前是同事来着 |
[00:48] | -You worked? -Mm-hmm. | -你上过班? -嗯哼 |
[00:49] | Can’t imagine you working. | 想不出来你上班是什么样子 |
[00:51] | Luke, let me tell you something. | 卢克 我跟你说 |
[00:52] | That is very offensive to women. | 这样对女性说话很不礼貌 |
[00:54] | Your mom works very hard. | 你老妈工作时很卖力 |
[00:55] | It’s just now she works for us. | 只是她现在选择照顾我们 |
[00:59] | I will have you know that I had quite the little career going. | 跟你们说 当年我可是前途大好 |
[01:02] | I was an account manager at Starcrest Hotels. | 我那时可是星冠酒店的客户经理 |
[01:04] | I had a little cubicle, | 我有自己的小单间 |
[01:06] | and-and I wore my tennis shoes to work… | 我先穿运动鞋去上班 |
[01:07] | and changed into my work pumps. | 然后换成工作装 |
[01:09] | It was very Working Girl. | 跟电影《上班女郎》一样 |
[01:11] | – That movie’s so clutch – Mm-hmm. | -那部电影真赞 -嗯哼 |
[01:13] | I don’t mind saying I was making quite a splash. | 可以说 我当年那叫一个宏图大展啊 |
[01:15] | Well, then, why’d you quit? | 那你为什么不干了呢 |
[01:16] | Well, Haley, call me old-fashioned, | 海莉 你可以说我守旧 |
[01:18] | but I wanted to focus on raising a family. | 但我想全心顾家 |
[01:20] | So I married your dad. | 所以我嫁给了你老爸 |
[01:22] | Five months later, we… were… | 过了五个月以后 我们就 就 |
[01:25] | four months away from having this little bundle of joy. | 又过了四个月 有了这个小美人 |
[01:28] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯嗯 |
[01:32] | There’s my lawyer. | 我家大律师驾到 |
[01:34] | Gloria got into a little car accident, | 歌洛莉亚出了场小车祸 |
[01:36] | so my dad asked me to help her out. | 我爸让我帮她处理下 |
[01:38] | And, uh, this is the first | 这是第一次 |
[01:40] | time that my dad’s asked me for legal advice, | 我爸向我请求法律援助 |
[01:42] | and it’s-it’s nice. | 感觉很不错 |
[01:44] | It’s nice to know that he respects me in that way. | 那让我觉得他还是很尊重我的工作的 |
[01:46] | Well, Mitchell is an amazing lawyer. | 米奇尔是个超棒的律师 |
[01:49] | My dream for him is that one day he’ll be on the Supreme Court. | 我梦想他能进最高法院 |
[01:52] | Why, Cam? | 为啥 小卡 |
[01:54] | So at parties | 那样参加派对时 |
[01:55] | I can tell everyone my partner is one of the Supremes. | 我就可以向大家卖弄我男友”法力高强” |
[01:59] | There he is-the steely, grizzled veteran… | 瞧瞧 精壮如钢铁的灰发老朽 |
[02:03] | ready to do battle with the plucky upstart. | 要和勇猛小胖星大干一场 |
[02:05] | Speed versus grace. | 速度对战优雅 |
[02:06] | -Brute force versus -Let’s just do this. | -野性战… -直接办正事儿吧 |
[02:08] | Jay and I are both gym rats. | 杰和我都喜欢健身 |
[02:10] | I love the sauna. That’s the dry heat. | 我爱桑拿那种干热的感觉 |
[02:12] | And the steam, wet. | 还有湿热的蒸汽 |
[02:14] | And, of course, I am just a kook for racquetball. | 我也超迷手球式墙球的 |
[02:17] | Club champ two years in a row, | 连续两年拿俱乐部冠军 |
[02:19] | Tonganoxie, Missouri Rec Center. | 在密苏里州通加诺克西的健康中心 |
[02:21] | So, naturally, Jay and I have been trying for months… | 所以杰和我这几个月都在计划 |
[02:25] | to get together to bang the old hollow rubber ball around. | 一起去打一场球赛 |
[02:29] | I have been avoiding this day like the plague. | 我真是竭尽全力在躲那场比赛 |
[02:32] | I mean, part of going to the gym is the lockerroom atmosphere. | 去健身 一方面是冲着那种气氛 |
[02:36] | And if I’m there with a gay guy, | 但如果身边有一个基佬 |
[02:37] | it’s-it’s just not gonna be the same. | 气氛就完全毁了 |
[02:39] | I mean, for me, it’s a locker room. | 对我来说 更衣室就是更衣室 |
[02:41] | For him, it’s a showroom. | 但对他 就是脱衣舞厅 |
[02:44] | She doesn’t get it. | 她不懂的 |
[02:58] | *Driving in my car* | *开着我的小车呀* |
[03:01] | *I’ll let you see my scar* | *给你看我的伤疤* |
[03:05] | What the hell? | 搞毛啊 |
[03:11] | Some people call me a salesman. | 有人说我是销售员 |
[03:13] | I call myself a sales friend. | 我觉得自己是”销售之友” |
[03:15] | So obviously, I need strangers to trust me. | 显然 我需要陌生人能够信任我 |
[03:17] | I don’t take kindly to it | 因此我觉得很不爽 |
[03:18] | when someone Tom Sellecks my bus bench. | 因为有人给我画上汤姆·希莱克斯那样的胡子 |
[03:18] | [汤姆·希莱克斯 著名演员 在播美剧《警察世家》中弗兰克的扮演者] | |
[03:20] | Phil Dunphy. | 我是菲尔·邓菲 |
[03:21] | Phil, it’s Barbara. | 菲尔 我是芭芭拉 |
[03:22] | The Pattersons wanna back out of the deal. | 帕特森一家不想买了 |
[03:24] | Why? What happened? | 为什么 出什么事了 |
[03:25] | The wife’s getting cold feet. | 他家老婆犹豫了 |
[03:27] | -I told her to call you. -Okay, fine. | -我让她打给你了 -好吧 |
[03:29] | I’ll handle it. I’m not losing this sale. | 我来处理吧 我绝不能丢掉这一单 |
[03:33] | -By the way -I’ve spent way too much time on it. | -另外 -我可是花了大量心血啊 |
[03:35] | Phil, do you take Elm when you come to work? | 菲尔 你上班经过榆树街吗 |
[03:37] | I saw it, Barbara. | 我看见了 芭芭拉 |
[03:45] | It’s a terrific gym, Jay. | 健身房不错嘛 杰 |
[03:47] | Very liberal with the towels. I love that. | 毛巾随便用 我喜欢 |
[03:49] | Showers are private, in case you wondered. | 淋浴室单间的 先告诉你一声 |
[03:52] | I wasn’t, but thanks for the heads-up. | 我没想那个 不过谢谢你的提醒 |
[03:54] | Now, that’s a surprise. Boxers. | 真是惊奇呀 宽松平角裤 |
[03:57] | Is that necessary? | 你有必要吗 |
[03:58] | Well, I just always pictured you as a tighty-whitey guy. | 我只是一直想象 你应该是穿紧身白色内裤的 |
[04:01] | Well, do me a favor. The next time you picture me, | 求求你了 下次你想象时 |
[04:02] | leave the underwear out of it. | 别想我的内裤 |
[04:03] | Well, don’t you worry. The only thing I’m picturing… | 别担心 我想象也只是会想 |
[04:06] | is how clean the floor’s gonna be when I’m done mopping it with you. | 我要是拿你拖地 那会拖得多干净 |
[04:09] | Is that the best you can do? | 你就这点水平吗 |
[04:11] | ‘Cause it’s gonna take a little more than some | 因为光这种不痛不痒的话 |
[04:13] | lame trash talk to get me out of my- | 我一点没感觉 |
[04:14] | Gaah! What the hell was that? | 我靠 你搞毛啊 |
[04:16] | Our butts pressed against each other. | 我们的屁屁亲上了 |
[04:18] | They didn’t press. It was glancing. | 没有亲上 只是隔空对望了一下 |
[04:19] | Stop talking about it! | 别再说了 |
[04:20] | Oh come on. All the time you’ve spent in a locker room, | 得了 你又不是头一次来更衣室 |
[04:22] | this can’t be your first moon landing. | 肯定不是第一次”屁屁碰”了 |
[04:24] | -You got a name for it? -It’s very common. | -你还专门起了个名儿 -很平常啊 |
[04:26] | You got off easy. | 你太不淡定了 |
[04:26] | At least it didn’t happen after a shower. | 至少不是沐浴之后亲到的 |
[04:28] | -Enough. -We call that a splashdown. | -够了 -我们把那叫做”湿身吻” |
[04:30] | That’s it. I’m changing in the stall. Excuse me! | 够了 我去外面换 借过 |
[04:36] | I saw the picture, Dylan. | 我看见那照片了 迪兰 |
[04:38] | You had your arm around her with that humpy look you get. | 你手揽着她呢 表情还很猥亵 |
[04:41] | No, that’s not always how you look. We’re over! | 滚 你平时才不是那表情 我们吹了 |
[04:44] | So, I’d really like to talk to you, Mrs. Patterson, | 我真的想和你谈谈 帕特森夫人 |
[04:46] | see if we can’t turn this thing around. | 看看事情还有没有转机 |
[04:48] | Uh, you’ve got my number. | 你有我电话吧 |
[04:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:51] | I said we are over. | 我说了我俩没戏了 |
[04:53] | Why don’t you go out for a nice bike ride? | 你可以骑车出去转转 |
[04:55] | Dylan again, huh? | 又是迪兰吧 |
[04:57] | Some guys just do not know how to play it. | 有的男生就是笨得慌 |
[05:00] | -Dad, what are you doing? -Oh, right. | -爸 你干啥呢 -噢 对了 |
[05:02] | Just, uh, test-driving my new soup strainer. | 就是试试我的”滤汤器”[胡子] |
[05:05] | I dug it out of the Halloween stuff | 从万圣节杂物里翻出来的 |
[05:06] | to see what people think. | 看看大家反应如何 |
[05:12] | Do people want their real estate advice… | 人们如果想做房地产咨询 |
[05:14] | from someone who leads or from someone who follows? | 是找”先锋派”还是”跟屁虫”呢 |
[05:17] | I’m betting these babies are coming back in a big way. | 我赌这胡子会再掀流行热潮 |
[05:20] | Buy low, sell high. | 低买 高卖 |
[05:21] | People are gonna see this and say, “That guy’s high.” | 大家肯定都会说 他可是”高”人[嗑药过量] |
[05:27] | Sorry to bother you, sir. | 抱歉打扰了 先生 |
[05:28] | We’re doing work next door and nicked a main, | 我们在隔壁干活儿 弄破了主水管 |
[05:30] | so we’re gonna have to shut down your water. | 所以得把你家水停了 |
[05:31] | Oh. Okay. No problem. | 好 没事 |
[05:33] | It shouldn’t be too long. If you happen to need it, | 应该不会太久 如果你要方便 |
[05:35] | there’s a porta-potty out front. | 外边有个流动厕所 |
[05:36] | -Thanks. Hey. -Yeah. | -谢了 那个 -什么 |
[05:38] | Nice mustache. | 胡子挺不错啊 |
[05:40] | Yeah, man. You too, brother. | 嗯 你的也挺好 兄弟 |
[05:44] | “You too, brother.” | 你的也挺好 兄弟 |
[05:50] | Haley-She’s the oldest. Fifteen. | 海莉 她是长女 15岁了 |
[05:53] | And then Alex is 13. | 然后是艾丽克斯 13岁 |
[05:55] | And that’s my baby, Luke. He’s 11. | 然后是我的小儿子 卢克 才11岁 |
[05:56] | -Can you believe it? -Oh, my God, they’re gorgeous. | -不敢相信吧 -哇 他们真水灵 |
[05:59] | -Yeah. -And things are still good with Phil the Thrill? | -对啊 -和快乐男菲尔处得如何啊 |
[06:02] | Yes. Things are great. Great with him. | 嗯 很棒 他好我也好 |
[06:04] | I’m so happy for you. Really. | 我真为你开心 真的 |
[06:06] | I’m so-I’m so happy that you’re happy. | 我真 我很开心你过得那么幸福 |
[06:08] | Thank you. Well, and you too. | 谢谢 你也是 |
[06:10] | -I mean, your life is -No, no, no-Let’s talk about you. | -你的人生真是 -别别 接着说你 |
[06:13] | -Okay. -Because, you know, you’re | -好吧 -因为你是… |
[06:16] | You chose the mother. You’re the mommy. | 你选择了当妈 你成了一位母亲 |
[06:19] | The yummy mommy, mama, person | 性感辣妈 妈妈 充满母爱 |
[06:22] | You’re kinda squeezing the ring right into my finger. | 你都快把我的戒指压进我的肉里去了 |
[06:26] | Was I? | 是吗 |
[06:27] | -A little. -I’m so sorry. | -有点 -不好意思啊 |
[06:29] | And just then, it hit me. She was jealous of me. | 然后我突然意识到 她在嫉妒我 |
[06:32] | Yes, there’d always been a little bit of a competition between us. | 好吧 我们之间一直存在竞争 |
[06:35] | This was more serious. | 此次可是重大比拼 |
[06:37] | She was looking at my life as something… | 她觉得我的生活 |
[06:40] | that she’d always wanted, but never had. | 是她一直想要 却没得到的 |
[06:43] | So how’s life in the trenches? | 谈谈你的职场生活啊 |
[06:45] | You still got the bastards on the 23rd floor… | 23楼的那些混账老板 |
[06:46] | making life miserable for all the people actually doing the work. | 让所有员工都生不如死 |
[06:50] | -Same as ever, right? -One-one difference. | -就是老样子呗 -有一点不同 |
[06:53] | -Mm-hmm? -I’m one of them bastards now. | -什么 -我现在也是混账老板之一了 |
[06:55] | -Wait. You’re on the 23rd floor? -I’m on the 24th floor. | -等下 你混上23楼啦 -是24楼 |
[06:58] | -Wow. That’s insane. It’s -It’s no big deal. | -哇 真牛啊 -也没啥啦 |
[07:01] | I mean, if you hadn’t left, it probably would have been you. | 如果你没离职 上去的也许会是你 |
[07:09] | I was driving along this street. | 我就在路上开车啊 |
[07:10] | The cars were parked just like this. | 那些车就像这样停在路边 |
[07:13] | And boom, out of nowhere, he hits me. | 然后 嘭的一下 他就突然撞到我了 |
[07:16] | -Okay, so, he-he cut you off? -Yes. | -所以是他撞的你 -对 |
[07:18] | -Right. -A crazy driver. | -哦 -疯司机 |
[07:20] | You know, I used to be a little bit like that. | 其实 我以前也像那样 |
[07:22] | I don’t know, maybe it’s because of Lily, | 现在也许是因为莉莉吧 我也不知道 |
[07:23] | but I’ve definitely become more considerate. | 我开车会更加小心 顾及他人 |
[07:25] | Like, I used to never let people in, and now I do. | 我以前都不让别人”插”在我前面 现在会了 |
[07:29] | Just now getting that metaphor. Okay. | 我终于懂那个隐喻[插]的意思了 好吧 |
[07:32] | -So, what do you think? -Were there any witnesses? | -你有何高见 -有目击证人吗 |
[07:34] | No, just Manny. He was in the back seat. | 没 只有曼尼 他当时在后座 |
[07:37] | -Okay. -It all happened so fast–Just like they say. | -哦 -发生得太突然了 眨眼间啊 |
[07:39] | Yeah. All right. Well, this is what we’re gonna do. | 好吧 行 接下来我们这样 |
[07:42] | I’ll take a few pictures, | 我先拍几张照片 |
[07:43] | and then we’ll sit down and write a statement. | 然后坐下来起草一份声明 |
[07:45] | Perfect. I’ll go and get us a table. | 真好 我去占个桌子 |
[07:46] | -All right. -Manny, come. | -行 -曼尼 你也来 |
[07:47] | -Uh, just a minute, Mom. I need to tie my shoe. -Okay. | -稍等 老妈 我鞋带散了 -好的 |
[07:51] | -Mitchell. -Yeah? | -米奇尔 -什么 |
[07:52] | Don’t talk. Listen. It was her fault. | 别说话 听就好 责任在她 |
[07:55] | -I’m sorry. What? -Don’t look at me. | -什么 我没听清 -别看着我 |
[07:57] | Do something. Take pictures. | 别傻愣着 照相啊 |
[08:00] | Manny! What kind of cupcake do you want? | 曼尼 你想要什么味道的蛋糕 |
[08:02] | Um, that’s okay. I’m not hungry. | 不用了 我不饿 |
[08:05] | That was a mistake. Now she’II know something’s up. | 失误了 她现在肯定起疑心了 |
[08:08] | -Are you okay? -I’m fine. | -你没事吧 -没事 |
[08:11] | She cut that guy off. She’s a terrible driver. | 是她撞的那个司机 她驾驶技术超烂 |
[08:14] | -She’s a danger to us all. -Okay, wait. Now stop. | -她是马路杀手 -慢点慢点 |
[08:16] | I thought she said he was parked and then he cut her off. | 她不是说她的车是停着的 他撞了她吗 |
[08:19] | Everybody looks parked when you’re going a hundred miles an hour. | 时速100英里 你看所有的车都是停着的 |
[08:22] | Manny, why didn’t you speak up? | 曼尼 你之前为什么不说 |
[08:24] | She can’t take criticism about her driving. | 她受不了别人批评她的驾驶技术 |
[08:27] | Once an old lady yelled at her at a crosswalk. | 有次一个老太太在十字路口冲她嚷嚷 |
[08:29] | She honked so long, the horn ran out. | 她就一直鸣喇叭 最后喇叭都不响了 |
[08:32] | Manny! | 曼尼 |
[08:34] | I’ve said too much already. | 我已经透露得太多了 |
[08:38] | Are you hearing this? | 你听见了吗 |
[08:44] | – Aw, that’s – Point. | -我靠 -得分 |
[08:47] | Hinder! | 妨碍[术语] |
[08:51] | Lucky shot! | 你走狗屎运 |
[08:52] | That is game and, I believe, match. | 游戏结束 胜负分晓 |
[08:55] | Yeah, fine, you won. But, you know, what do you expect? | 好吧好吧 你赢了 但也难怪 |
[08:58] | For the first half of the game, | 上半场的时候 |
[08:59] | I was distracted by what happened in the locker room. | 之前的更衣室事件 让我有些分心 |
[09:02] | And you’re sure it’s not because I’m a fabulous racquetball player? | 你确定不是因为我打得很赞吗 |
[09:04] | You’re average. But I was a little thrown by you touching me. | 你就一般水平 我心里一直纠结你碰了我 |
[09:07] | Which is unnatural. Not to you, of course. | 很让人反感 但你肯定不觉得 |
[09:09] | No, to you it’s like rocket fuel. | 你肯定觉得很爽 |
[09:11] | Oh, sure. When you’re gay you just walk around | 噢 是啊 基佬就”喜欢”到处 |
[09:13] | giving butt bumps to everybody. | 用屁股碰别人 |
[09:15] | It’s like a high five. It’s a low two. | 就像”击掌”一样 不过是”亲臀”罢了 |
[09:17] | You know what? I’m gonna prove | 跟你说 我要证明 |
[09:18] | that you won only because I was distracted. | 我输掉是因为分心了 |
[09:20] | We’re gonna have a rematch right here, right now. | 我们现在再打一场 |
[09:22] | -So you want to go up against me again? -Yes. | -所以你想再和我”大干一场”吗 -对 |
[09:24] | No! Damn it. | 不 我靠 |
[09:27] | Hello! | 喂 |
[09:28] | Hey, Dad. Uh, did you know that the accident was Gloria’s fault? | 爸 你知道那车祸责任在歌洛莉亚吗 |
[09:31] | Yes. I mean, I wasn’t there, | 嗯 我虽然当时不在场 |
[09:33] | but she’s a horrible driver. | 但歌洛莉亚是个烂司机 |
[09:34] | If she hit 10 cars, I wouldn’t be surprised. | 她要撞了10辆车 我也不吃惊 |
[09:35] | If you knew it was her fault, why did you get me involved? | 你既然知道是她的责任 为什么把我扯进来 |
[09:38] | Because someone has to tell her she’s in the wrong, | 因为总得有人告诉她她错了 |
[09:40] | and better you than me. | 你说总比我说好 |
[09:41] | That’s great. Here I am thinking | 真好啊 我还天真地以为 |
[09:42] | that my dad actually respects me as a lawyer, | 我爸开始尊重我律师的职业了 |
[09:44] | and really you’re just throwing me to the wolves. | 但你只是把我往火坑里推 |
[09:46] | -Can’t it be both? -Okay. | -不能两种心思都有吗 -好吧 |
[09:47] | Dad, it doesn’t bother you in the least… | 老爸 你就一点没觉得悲哀 |
[09:49] | that your gay son is the only one | 你的同性恋儿子是唯一 |
[09:51] | tough enough to stand up to your wife? | 敢直面你老婆的人 |
[09:52] | Go get ’em, Rocky. See you later. | 加油搞定吧伙计 回见 |
[09:54] | Your father and I had a moon landing in the locker room. | 你老爸和我在更衣室”屁屁碰”了 |
[09:56] | What’s the matter with you? | 你有病啊 |
[09:58] | What about you? Do you ever get serious with anyone? | 你呢 有没有在处对象啊 |
[10:02] | Sure. Oh, no. Not yet. | 没有 目前没有 |
[10:04] | Oh, honey, you will. | 宝贝 你会有的 |
[10:05] | Oh, no, I hope not. It’s-It’s fun. | 不 我不希望有 现在很好玩 |
[10:08] | I’m sorry. I’m just-I’m waiting for some news. | 不好意思 我在等电话 |
[10:10] | -What news? -I’m-I’m up for the Paris job. | -什么电话 -我去应聘了一个法国的工作 |
[10:14] | The-The head of the international division? | 国际分公司的头头吗 |
[10:16] | That’s-That’s-That’s crazy. | 那 那也太牛了 |
[10:18] | Yeah, no. I mean, I’ll never get it, but it’d be great… | 嗯 没啦 我应该聘不上的 聘上当然好 |
[10:21] | ’cause one of my lovers lives in Paris. | 因为我情夫之一在巴黎呢 |
[10:23] | Wow. I-I don’t know what jumps out of that sentence more- | 哇 我都不知道那句话中哪个词更震撼 |
[10:26] | you know, “Lovers” Or “One of.” | 又是”情夫”又是”之一”的 |
[10:28] | Well, I’m single. I mean, it’s kinda what you do. | 我单身嘛 就是要这样啊 |
[10:31] | -Uh-huh. -I have one in Paris. | -嗯哼 -有个在巴黎 |
[10:34] | Um, I have Paris, New York, Miami. | 巴黎 纽约 迈阿密各有一个 |
[10:38] | I have a fourth one. | 其实还有一个 |
[10:39] | -I’m forgetting one lover. I’m forgetting one lover. -Mmm. | -我都忘了我的情夫了 真要命 -嗯 |
[10:42] | Last night I vacuumed the radiator thingy under the fridge. | 昨晚我把冰箱下面的散热器打扫了下 |
[10:45] | You know, it collects the dust. | 太沾灰了 |
[10:47] | Cause you should, and I don’t. So- | 平时就该清理的 我也忘了 |
[10:49] | Oh, hey, hold on. Cross your fingers. | 等下 为我祈祷吧 |
[10:53] | I’m not gonna lie. | 说实话 |
[10:54] | The thought of Valerie getting the one job | 一想到瓦莱丽会得到 |
[10:56] | in the whole company that everyone coveted | 那份大家都想要的工作 |
[10:57] | well, I wasn’t a “Lover” Of that. | 我心里可不怎么”情”愿 |
[11:00] | Okay. Okay, thank you. | 嗯 嗯 谢谢 |
[11:03] | Well? | 如何 |
[11:05] | Oh, they haven’t made a decision. | 他们还没定呢 |
[11:06] | They’re-they’re gonna tell me later on. | 他们说回头再告诉我 |
[11:09] | – That’s not what they said, is it? – Uh, yeah, it is. | -他们不是这么说的吧 -是啦 |
[11:12] | Oh, Valerie, come on. It’s me. | 拜托 瓦莱丽 我不是外人 |
[11:14] | What are friends for, | 朋友就该相互支持 |
[11:15] | if not to be there for you when you get bad news? | 再坏的事情都可以跟我说 |
[11:17] | -I got it. -Oh, my God. Aaah! | -我聘上了 -天呐 啊 |
[11:20] | – I’m the head of Europe. – Well, you know, for the hotel- | -我是欧洲的头儿啦 -酒店头儿啦 |
[11:23] | – Not the continent. – Kind of though. Kind of. | -不是整个欧洲 -差不多啦 差不多 |
[11:27] | Why didn’t you tell me when you first heard? | 你一开始为什么不告诉我呢 |
[11:31] | Oh, ’cause, you know | 噢 因为 那个 |
[11:34] | And that’s when it really hit me. | 然后我才恍然大悟 |
[11:35] | Valerie wasn’t jealous of me. She pitied me. | 瓦莱丽才不嫉妒我 她可怜我 |
[11:38] | And part of me wanted to take her back to the house… | 我当时有点想把她带回家 |
[11:41] | and show her everything she was missing… | 让她看看我有而她没有的东西 |
[11:44] | in her sad, childless, husbandless life. | 她真悲哀 没有孩子 没有老公 |
[11:47] | But there’s a little thing called “Taking the high road.” | 但我知道”高风亮节”四个字儿咋写 |
[11:52] | Why don’t you come by and meet everybody? | 等下你到我家喝杯茶呗 |
[11:54] | Oh, sure. That’d be great. | 好啊 那挺好的 |
[11:55] | Yeah, I mean, Alex is just a genius, | 是啊 艾丽克斯就是个小天才啊 |
[11:57] | and Haley is turning into this beautiful young woman, | 海莉真是女大十八变 |
[12:00] | -and it makes me realize that motherhood is -San Francisco. | -她让我懂得了做母亲… -旧金山 |
[12:03] | – The most important – That was my fourth lover. San Francisco. | -最重要的是 -我第四个情人 在旧金山 |
[12:06] | – It would have kept me up all night. – Yeah. | -想不起来我今晚肯定睡不着 -嗯 |
[12:11] | Dad, look. | 老爸 快看 |
[12:12] | Just a sec, buddy. I’m on my way out to the bathroom. | 等会儿 小家伙 我去上趟厕所 |
[12:14] | Check it out. The Aubreys had this huge party last night, | 你看 昨晚奥布里一家开了个巨型派对 |
[12:16] | and we got all these bottles to recycle. | 瓶子都归我们了 |
[12:18] | -Great. -What’s Jegermeister? | -恭喜 -野格酒是什么 |
[12:23] | Well, you know how in a fairy tale… | 那个…在童话故事里 |
[12:26] | there’s always a potion that makes the princess fall asleep, | 都会有种让公主睡着的药 |
[12:28] | and then the guys start kissing her? | 然后男生们就去亲她 |
[12:30] | Well, this is like that, except you don’t wake up in a castle, | 野格酒也差不多 不同的是你醒来不是在城堡 |
[12:33] | you wake up in a frat house with a bad reputation. | 而是在兄弟会的房子 然后从此臭名远扬 |
[12:53] | Haley! | 海莉 |
[13:00] | – Luke, you’re spilling it! – Aw, crud. | -卢克 都洒出来了啦 -擦 |
[13:03] | God | 天 |
[13:04] | Gross! A rat! | 耗子 好恶心 |
[13:06] | Cool. | 酷 |
[13:09] | Hang on. I’m coming. | 等着 来了来了 |
[13:13] | I believe you have something that belongs to me. | 你拿了我的一样东西 |
[13:16] | My heart. | 我的心 |
[13:17] | I thought I I.M.’ed you to stay away. | 我在网上说了让你滚远点 |
[13:21] | Ow! Haley. | 嗷 海莉 |
[13:27] | Hello? Dylan? D-Money? | 喂 迪兰 迪迪仔 |
[13:31] | Hey, buddy! Hey, buddy! | 嘿 老兄 老兄 |
[13:34] | Hello, friendly neighbors! | 嗨 左邻右舍们 |
[13:36] | Little help? | 求帮忙啊 |
[13:38] | But I love you. | 可是我爱你 |
[13:40] | Well, you should have thought about that… | 你之前怎么没想到你爱我啊 |
[13:41] | before you took that skank Sharon Nicolini | 你竟然带莎伦·妮可利那个小婊子 |
[13:43] | to an Anne Hathaway movie. | 去看安妮·海瑟薇的电影 |
[13:44] | I didn’t take her. She was just there. | 我没带她去 只是碰巧遇到 |
[13:46] | So you were just there by yourself at an Anne Hathaway movie? | 你就一个人去看安妮·海瑟薇的电影吗 |
[13:50] | I don’t think so! | 别忽悠我了 |
[13:51] | Yeah. Yeah. I like her movies. | 是啊 我很喜欢她的电影 |
[13:54] | She’s every woman. Come on. Let’s not fight. | 她是个出色的女人 求求你 别闹了吧 |
[13:57] | Let’s just discuss this like two un-immature adults. | 坐下来 像两个不成熟的成年人那样谈谈吧 |
[14:06] | Hello? Mrs. Patterson. | 你好 帕特森太太 |
[14:08] | Hi. I’ve been waiting for your call. | 嗨 我正等你电话呢 |
[14:10] | Yeah. Uh, is there any chance that maybe we could talk a little bit- | 嗯 我们可不可以再仔细谈一谈 |
[14:13] | No, no, no, no. Now’s perfect. That’s fine. | 没没没 挺好的 真挺好的 |
[14:16] | I’m sorry. I couldn’t hear you. Let me just close my office door. | 不好意思 我这边吵 等我把办公室门关上 |
[14:19] | There we go. Much, much better. | 好了 能听清了 |
[14:25] | Okay. Maybe, uh, we should go over the accident one more time. | 我们再来回顾一下车祸的情形吧 |
[14:28] | Put the dogs on a row. You’re such a good lawyer. | 一丝不”狗”地分析 你真是个好律师啊 |
[14:28] | [习语Put the ducks in a row有条不紊 一丝不苟 Gloria使用错误] | |
[14:31] | Uh, I just wanna make sure | 我就是想确保 |
[14:33] | we’re 100% clear on exactly what happened. | 一定要搞清楚真实的情况 |
[14:35] | Oh, we’re clear. I told you. | 已经很清楚了啊 我跟你说了啊 |
[14:38] | What? You don’t believe me? | 怎么 你不信我吗 |
[14:41] | No, no. I just- | 没 没 我只是 |
[14:43] | You know, sometimes you can forget tiny details. | 你知道 有时候会漏掉一些细节嘛 |
[14:45] | Like, is it possible, maybe, uh, you were driving too fast? | 比如 有没有可能 是你开太快了 |
[14:50] | -Who said I was driving fast? -Yeah, who? | -谁说我开太快了 -对 谁说的 |
[14:53] | I just-I’m looking at the street, | 我看着街上 |
[14:55] | and I’m thinking if you were driving a little fast, | 就想 如果你开得很快的话 |
[14:57] | it’s possible that maybe you | 你就有可能 |
[14:58] | – didn’t see the car – You’re like everyone else, huh? | -没看见那车 -你也跟他们一样 |
[15:01] | You blame the Latino driver. | 一切都是我们拉丁人的错 |
[15:02] | Where I come from, they always blame the Latino driver. | 在我们老家 总是把错都推给拉丁司机 |
[15:05] | Where you come from, isn’t everybody a Latino driver? | 你们老家不是所有司机都是拉丁司机吗 |
[15:08] | – Manny, tell him. – I can’t ’cause I have a cupcake in my mouth. | -曼尼 你跟他说 -没法说啊 我吃蛋糕呢 |
[15:11] | Oh, come on. Don’t blame your cupcake. | 得了吧 别拿蛋糕当挡箭牌 |
[15:13] | What? You think I’m guilty too? | 怎么 你也觉得是我的错吗 |
[15:15] | – No. – Fine. | -没啦 -得 |
[15:17] | I don’t need you as a lawyer anymore. | 我不要你做我的律师了 |
[15:20] | And if you two think I’m such a bad driver, | 你俩不是觉得我是个烂司机吗 |
[15:23] | you’re safer walking home. | 你们走回家好了 |
[15:25] | Chao. | 拜拜 |
[15:29] | – Here it is. – It’s really cute. | -就这儿了 -真好 |
[15:31] | Yeah. We’re pretty proud of it. | 嗯 我们都很以此为豪呢 |
[15:33] | Here’s your stupid CDs… | 你的烂CD 拿着 |
[15:36] | and your clothes and your poems! | 你的烂衣服 还有狗屎诗 |
[15:38] | – Don’t you do it! – Oh, I’m doing it. | -你敢扔试试 -我就敢了 |
[15:40] | Haley, stop it. What are you doing? | 海莉 停手 你在干啥呢 |
[15:42] | Tearing out my heart. | 折磨我的心 |
[15:44] | Oh, why don’t you go get a hickey from Sharon Nicolini? | 那你去让莎伦·妮可利给你个吻痕啊 |
[15:47] | It’s from my guitar strap, Haley. | 那是我吉他带子勒的 海莉 |
[15:50] | -Oh, thanks for reminding me. -That’s my daughter Haley | -噢 谢谢你提醒我扔吉他 -那是我女儿海莉 |
[15:52] | And her boyfriend, Dylan, um | 然后她男朋友 迪兰 |
[15:57] | This is a nice color. | 粉刷的颜色真漂亮 |
[15:58] | Yeah. Um, listen. This is not normal, | 恩 是这样的 我家平时不这样 |
[16:01] | with all that, nor-nor is that liquor smell. | 没这么 靠 是酒的气味吗 |
[16:04] | Phil, honey? Oh, my God. Luke, what is that? | 菲尔 宝贝 天 卢克 这是咋了 |
[16:07] | Jegermeister. Dad says it makes girls easier to kiss. | 野格酒 老爸说它可以让女生更容易亲 |
[16:11] | – What happened to the rug? – I had an accident. | -那地毯是怎么回事 -出了点小意外 |
[16:13] | Okay. Alex, what are you doing? | 好吧 艾丽克斯 你又在干嘛 |
[16:15] | I’m trying to kill a rat. | 我在追杀一只耗子 |
[16:17] | Okay | 好吧 |
[16:19] | Sharon was helping me buy you a birthday present. | 莎伦在帮我给你挑生日礼物 |
[16:21] | Don’t you get it? I love your ass. | 你不明白吗 我爱的是你的屁股蛋蛋 |
[16:23] | I-You know, I-I-I’m late and I should go. | 那个…我 我快迟了 得走了 |
[16:27] | -I know. I know. -Yeah. | -我知道 我知道 -嗯 |
[16:28] | And it seems like things have gotten a little wonky around here. | 今天的确是有点乱糟糟的 |
[16:31] | I don’t know where Phil is. He’s definitely- | 不知道菲尔上哪儿了 他肯定… |
[16:35] | Oh, my God. Alex | 老天啊 艾丽克斯 |
[16:37] | Where’s your father? | 你爸呢 |
[16:39] | He went outside to go to the bathroom. | 他去外面上厕所了 |
[16:43] | It’s… not usually like this. Oh, gross. | 平时真不这样的 靠 刺瞎我的眼 |
[16:48] | – Let’s just get married. – Okay. | -我们结婚吧 -好 |
[16:50] | You will not regret this decision, Mrs. Patterson. | 你不会后悔的 帕特森太太 |
[16:53] | And I’ll tell you what. | 跟你说 |
[16:54] | We’re gonna have you over to our little house to celebrate. | 我请你到我家来庆祝下 |
[16:56] | – Okay? Okay, bye-bye. – You should come back again- | -好吗 嗯 拜拜 -有空再来啊 |
[16:58] | – sometime, when you get a break – Claire! Claire! | -有空就来 -克莱尔 克莱尔 |
[17:02] | Phil, what are you-what are you doing? | 菲尔 你 你干啥呢 |
[17:04] | Just concluding a little business. | 忙着谈业务呢 |
[17:06] | Very successfully, I might add. | 顺便补一句 很顺利噢 |
[17:07] | – Honey – Hey! | -宝贝 -嘿 |
[17:09] | – Hi. – Is that Valerie? | -你好 -你不是瓦莱丽嘛 |
[17:10] | – Yeah. – Wow! | -嗯 -哇 |
[17:12] | – You look fantastic. – Thank you. | -你真漂亮 -谢谢 |
[17:14] | Come here. Get over here. | 来来来 过来 |
[17:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:18] | – How long has it been? – A long time. | -我们多久没见了 -很久了 |
[17:20] | Oh, my goodness. | 噢 老天啊 |
[17:21] | – Oh, I can’t touch you. Okay. – A little bit difficult. | -我没办法触到你 -是有点难 |
[17:23] | Gulf divides us, eh? | 隔车相望 |
[17:25] | – So nice to see you. – It’s great to see you though | -见到你真好 -可不是嘛 |
[17:27] | – Okay. – All right. | -嗯 -好吧 |
[17:28] | – Okay, then. – Thanks for coming by. | -走了啊 -有空来坐坐 |
[17:30] | – It’s such a pleasure. – Bye-bye. | -谢谢招待 -拜拜 |
[17:31] | – Thanks for stopping by. – You have a beautiful family. | -有空常来啊 -你家真漂亮 |
[17:33] | – She looks great, doesn’t she? – What is on your face? | -她真漂亮 是吧 -你脸上是什么玩意儿 |
[17:42] | One time! Once! | 一次 哪怕一次 |
[17:44] | One time I bring somebody home… | 我带个客人回家 |
[17:46] | who I want to impress, and what do I find? | 想刺激一下别人 结果呢 |
[17:48] | A bunch of booze-drenched hill people… | 一个全身酒味的 |
[17:51] | just sitting around in their underwear and-and chasing rats… | 穿着内裤到处走 一个追耗子的 |
[17:54] | and fornicating in the stairwell. | 还有一个在楼梯口就搞起来的 |
[17:56] | – Can I say something? – No. No, you can’t, Mario. | -我能插句话吗 -不准插 超级玛丽 |
[17:59] | There is nothing left to say but thank you. | 你什么都不用说了 谢谢 |
[18:02] | Thank you all. | 谢谢你们 |
[18:15] | I told you I’d win. | 早说了你打不过我 |
[18:17] | Not talking so much now, are you, hotshot? | 现在没话可说了吧 神球手 |
[18:19] | Hope you enjoy that nice, hot shower, | 希望你洗澡洗个爽 |
[18:22] | but it’s not gonna wash away the shame of that 15-7 beatdown. | 但15比7的耻辱你是洗不掉的 |
[18:27] | You should have seen the look on your face… | 你真该看看你当时的表情 |
[18:30] | when that drop shot just kissed the wall. | 球和墙亲密接触那瞬间 |
[18:32] | Ah. Okay, splashdown. | 好吧 湿身吻 |
[18:34] | Got me again. Yep. | 又弄到我了 是吧 |
[18:36] | Make the uptight straight guy all embarrassed. | 让我这传统直男情何以堪 |
[18:39] | Except for one thing -doesn’t even bother me anymore. | 但是 我还就真无所谓了 |
[18:41] | I could do this all day. Here, another one for you. | 我可以一直这样碰 来 再碰一个 |
[18:44] | Maybe a couple of ’em. | 再多来几次啊 |
[18:46] | Jay, I just noticed a sauna back here. | 杰 我发现后面有个桑拿哟 |
[18:48] | -How big of a hurry are we in? -Biggest hurry of your life. | -我们要冲进去吗 -像赶着投胎那样冲进去 |
[18:52] | ‘Scuse me. ‘Scuse me. | 借过 借过 |
[18:54] | Well, if you’re going to be stranded, | 如果注定了要被困住[进退两难] |
[18:56] | might as well be in a place full of cupcakes. | 不如就被困在蛋糕店吧 |
[18:58] | I don’t think you need any more. | 我看你吃得差不多了 |
[19:01] | Ay. I’m sorry, guys. | 啊 真是不好意思 |
[19:04] | It’s true. I am a defensive driver. | 的确 我喜欢为自己抗辩 |
[19:08] | -You mean you’re defensive about -I know what I am. | -你是说你喜欢抗辩… -我知道自己什么样 |
[19:11] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[19:13] | It’s just that I don’t like when people just assume | 只是我不喜欢大家凭空就 |
[19:16] | that I’m a bad driver. | 说我是个烂司机 |
[19:18] | Maybe it was just, like, a little bit my fault. | 也许我是要 负那么一点点责任 |
[19:21] | Well, I’m glad you can admit that, Gloria. | 你能承认 挺好的 |
[19:23] | But I’m still gonna need you as my lawyer, Mitch. | 但我还是想让你当我的律师 米奇 |
[19:26] | -Why? -Because this one | -为什么 -因为眼前的惨剧 |
[19:28] | It was not my fault, I promise you. | 完全不关我的事 我保证 |
[19:33] | That’s what that sound was. | 原来那巨响是这个啊 |
[19:34] | It was the big cupcake. | 都是这蛋糕招牌的错 |
[19:37] | That was unreal. Mom was crazy. | 简直难以置信 老妈疯了 |
[19:40] | I’m scared. | 我好怕怕 |
[19:41] | Look. I know your mom pretty well. She’s fine. | 听着 我了解你妈这个人 她没事的 |
[19:45] | I’d be willing to bet she’s just composing herself, | 我猜她现在在努力控制情绪呢 |
[19:48] | taking a nice, long, peaceful walk in the park. | 在公园里静静散步呢 |
[20:00] | Perfect. | 好极了 |
[20:03] | At that moment all I wanted was to be with my family. | 那会儿我只想回家 |
[20:07] | But of course, that meant finding a way to apologize… | 但回去肯定要想办法道歉 |
[20:10] | to the people that I had belittled and rejected. | 我说话太重 伤了他们 |
[20:13] | Okay, you are so crazy. That song totally rules. | 你乱说啥呢 那歌多好听啊 |
[20:16] | -Daddy, you’re crazy. -Crazy right. | -老爸 你才乱说呢 -明明很有道理 |
[20:18] | -Hey, honey. -Hi. | -嘿 宝贝 -嗨 |
[20:20] | Hey, Mom. Come on. Sit down. | 嘿 老妈 来坐啊 |
[20:21] | No, seriously, Dad. It’s lame. | 真的 老爸 烂透了 |
[20:22] | Seriously, Luke. It’s not. | 真的 卢克 不烂 |
[20:24] | You got some mustard or something on your face. | 你脸上有芥末还是什么的 |
[20:26] | I think I know a little bit about music. | 关于音乐我还是懂点的 |
[20:28] | I was a DJ in college. | 读大学时我还当过DJ呢 |
[20:29] | I had my own show in the coveted time slot. | 拥有一档在黄金时间播放的节目 |
[20:32] | -Daybreak with Dunphy. -Are you kidding me? | -《与邓菲一起等待黎明》 -真的假的 |
[20:34] | No, I’m not kidding you. And I played Rick Astley. | 骗你干啥 我播瑞克·艾斯里的歌哦 |
[20:37] | -Dad, that’s embarrassing. -Never gonna give, Sing it, Luke. | -老爸 你囧死我了 -绝不放弃 卢克 跟着唱啊 |
[20:39] | They could have been petty. | 他们原本大可以记恨我的 |
[20:41] | They really could have made me pay, but they didn’t. | 他们大可以为难我 但他们没有 |
[20:44] | Never loved ’em more. | 爱死他们了 |
[20:46] | Why the hell couldn’t Valerie have seen them like that? | 为毛瓦莱丽就看不到他们的这一面呢 |
[21:02] | Hey, Dylan. | 嘿 迪兰 |
[21:02] | Hey, Mr. Dunphy. | 你好 邓菲先生 |
[21:04] | What’s happening? | 你干啥呢 |
[21:06] | Well, Haley and I got into another fight. | 海莉又跟我闹了 |
[21:08] | [Say Anything直译为”随便说点什么吧” 也是一部电影名《情到深处》 剧中男主角高举收音机在喜欢的女孩窗前等候] | |
[21:08] | Oh. Say Anything. | 《情到深处》的场景呀[说点什么吧] |
[21:12] | Um, good morning? | 早上好? |
[21:14] | -No. Say Anything. -Newspaper. | -不 情到深处[随便说点什么] -报纸 |
[21:18] | No, Dylan. Say Anything. Clutch movie. | 不 迪兰 《情到深处》 经典电影 |
[21:20] | Clutch movie. | 经典电影 |
[21:23] | She probably won’t be up for a couple hours still. | 她应该要过几个小时才醒 |
[21:26] | It’s okay. It’s not that heavy. | 没事 手机没多重 |