时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | What am I most afraid of? Hmm. Let’s see. | 我最怕什么 让我想想 |
[00:06] | Global warming… and getting a “B.” | 全球变暖 还有考试拿B |
[00:09] | The phone ringing in the middle of the night. | 午夜凶铃 |
[00:12] | That I’m too much of a perfectionist. | 怕自己太过追求完美 |
[00:14] | Honey, this isn’t a job interview. | 亲爱的 这不是应聘面试 |
[00:16] | Oh, man. | 噢 老天 |
[00:18] | Job interviews. | 最怕应聘面试 |
[00:20] | – Nothing. – Yeah, right. What about the pigeons? | -我无所畏惧 -对哦 那鸽子呢 |
[00:24] | Oh, I don’t like them. They’re shifty. | 我不喜欢鸽子 太奸诈 |
[00:27] | – Losing Mitchell. – Oh! | -失去米奇尔 -噢 |
[00:31] | – Hotel bedspreads. – Ooh. | -酒店床单 -呃 |
[00:33] | Never getting my driver’s license. | 拿不到驾照 |
[00:35] | Or getting one and the picture sucks. | 或者是驾照上的照片很丑 |
[00:39] | Dying alone. | 孤独终老 |
[00:42] | Oh, Haley, sweetie, did you find your shoes? | 海莉 亲爱的 找到你的鞋了吗 |
[00:43] | Mom, please, not today. | 妈 拜托今天别烦我 |
[00:44] | I just wanted to know if you found your shoes. | 我只想知道你找到鞋没 |
[00:46] | Why are you hounding me? I’m freaking out right now. | 别缠着我了 我现在紧张死了 |
[00:49] | You need to relax. It’s just a driver’s test. | 放松 不过是路考而已 |
[00:51] | It’s my third driver’s test, and if I fail again, | 是我的第三次路考 如果再考不过 |
[00:54] | I have to wait six months to retake it. | 要等六个月才能再考 |
[00:57] | That’s six more months of you driving me everywhere. | 意味着还要坐半年你开的车 |
[01:00] | Then I’m, like, “There’s no way I’m wearing that.” | 然后我就说”我绝对不会穿的” |
[01:01] | – And she was, like. “Well, if you don’t wear it, -Like | -她就说”如果你不穿 -别老说”就” |
[01:03] | then you can’t play.” | 那就没得玩” |
[01:04] | – And then I was, like, “That’s fine by me.” – Honey, like. | -然后我就说”我无所谓” -亲爱的 就 |
[01:06] | – And then she was, like, “Well, if you don’t play” – Like! Like! | -然后她就说”如果你不玩” -就就 |
[01:08] | – Mom! -Stop! Stop saying “Like” All the time. | -妈 -别老说”就”了 |
[01:11] | – You’re embarrassing me! – Stop it! Like, like, like, like, aah! | -别给我丢脸 -别说了 就就就 |
[01:15] | Haley. Found your jacket. | 海莉 我找到你的外套了 |
[01:17] | Why is everyone on me? God! | 怎么都跟我过不去 我的神啊 |
[01:21] | – Ignore her. – She can’t focus on two things at once. | -别管她 -她一心不能二用 |
[01:24] | Always a good quality in a driver. | 这对司机来说倒是好品质 |
[01:26] | Sweetie, we need to get you some shoes for the dance tonight. | 宝贝 我们得去给你买今晚穿的舞鞋 |
[01:29] | No, we don’t. I’m not going. | 不需要 我不去 |
[01:30] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么 |
[01:31] | Why would you not be going to the dance? | 你为什么不去跳舞 |
[01:33] | Because school dances are lame. | 因为学校的舞会很没劲 |
[01:35] | A bunch of immature boys | 一群稚嫩男生 |
[01:37] | trying to impress you with how cool they are… | 表面上假装成熟 |
[01:39] | when they’re really just a bunch of dorks. | 实则是乳臭未干的呆瓜 |
[01:41] | Ready to go down under, mate? | 准备好去下面探险了吗 伙伴 |
[01:43] | Yes. | 是的 |
[01:46] | What are you doing? | 你们要干什么 |
[01:47] | Treasure hunting. | 寻宝 |
[01:50] | A few days ago, the cable guy was under the house. | 几天前 有线电视修理工去了屋子下面 |
[01:52] | When he was leaving, he said to Haley, | 他走的时候 跟海莉说 |
[01:55] | “Wow. That’s quite a collection you’ve got down there.” | “哇 下面的藏品真丰富” |
[01:58] | Here’s the thing. We have no idea what he’s talking about. | 问题是 我们不知道下面有什么 |
[02:02] | All week, Luke and I have been getting more and more | 整个星期以来 卢克和我越来越好奇 |
[02:04] | excited about what it could be. | 那些东西是什么 |
[02:06] | I bet it’s really cool old magazines. | 我猜是很酷的旧杂志 |
[02:09] | Yeah. Or a bunch of necklaces made out of animal teeth. | 有可能 或者是动物牙齿做的项链 |
[02:13] | Or bugs frozen in amber. | 或者是虫子琥珀 |
[02:15] | What if it’s really expensive bottles of wine? | 如果是几瓶好酒呢 |
[02:18] | Or a suit of armor. | 或者是一套盔甲 |
[02:19] | What if there’s ancient Indian arrowheads under there? | 如果是古老的印第安箭头呢 |
[02:24] | – What if it’s gold bars? – Oh, you think? | -说不定是金条呢 -你觉得是吗 |
[02:27] | For God sakes, why don’t you go under the house and look? | 神啊 你们为什么不直接去下面看看 |
[02:47] | Hey, Cam. Cam, where did we get this dolly from? | 小卡 这个娃娃从哪来的 |
[02:50] | From Janice and Olivia. | 珍妮丝和奥利维亚给的 |
[02:51] | They brought it over yesterday. Lily loves it. | 她们昨天拿过来的 莉莉很喜欢 |
[02:53] | Seems a little frilly, you know, coming from them. | 有太多”蕾丝边”了 就跟她们一样 |
[02:55] | What, because they’re lesbians? | 就因为她们是拉拉吗 |
[02:57] | That’s sort of an offense stereotype, don’t you think? | 你不觉得这是偏见吗 |
[02:59] | Yeah, I suppose. I’m sorry. | 是啊 抱歉 |
[03:01] | Oh, hey, did they bring back our coffee maker? | 她们把咖啡机还回来了吗 |
[03:03] | No. It was too big. They were on their motorcycle. | 没 太大了 她们是骑摩托车过来的 |
[03:06] | We got off to an awkward start with our pediatrician, | 我们跟莉莉的儿科医生初次见面时很尴尬 |
[03:08] | a very nice Asian lady- | 她是个热心的亚裔女性 |
[03:10] | – Irrelevant. – Named Dr. Miura. | -别走题 -叫作缪拉医生 |
[03:11] | So I took the bold step of inviting her over for brunch. | 于是我冒昧请她过来吃早午餐 |
[03:15] | I’m sorry. Uh, bold? | 抱歉 你说冒昧 |
[03:17] | She said no patient had ever done it before. | 她说之前没有病人请过她 |
[03:18] | Yeah. Subtext, “This is weird.” | 是啊 潜台词就是”这很奇怪” |
[03:21] | I didn’t hear any subtext. | 我不觉得有潜台词 |
[03:23] | Do you hear any now? | 现在也觉得没有吗 |
[03:27] | I don’t even know why we’re doing this. | 真不知道为什么要这样 |
[03:29] | Because what if Lily gets sick | 因为万一哪天莉莉病了 |
[03:31] | and there’s a Tamiflu shortage? | 抗病毒药又短缺了 |
[03:32] | Who do you think’s gonna get that medicine? | 你觉得谁会拿到药 |
[03:34] | The patient she likes, that’s who. | 当然是她喜欢的病人了 |
[03:36] | Well, maybe if you bake her a cake, | 那你给她烤个蛋糕 |
[03:37] | she’ll give us free X-rays. | 也许就能免费照X光了 |
[03:39] | It’s all about making connections. | 要套近乎 搞好交情 |
[03:40] | Why do you think the dentist gives me all that free stuff? | 你以为牙医为什么老免费送我东西 |
[03:43] | Um, because he’s a huge queen and he has a big crush on you. | 因为他是个女王受 对你情深难自拔 |
[03:47] | Really? Do you think so? | 真的吗 你这么觉得吗 |
[03:50] | – Mom? – Hmm? | -妈妈 -怎么了 |
[03:52] | I have a fever. | 我发烧了 |
[03:53] | Ay, mi amor. Come here and I feel you. | 宝贝 过来让我摸摸看 |
[03:55] | Ooh. I don’t wanna get you sick. It could be fatal. | 我不想传染给你 可能会致命的 |
[03:57] | Then by all means, stand next to me. | 那站在我身边就可以吗 |
[04:00] | Let me feel you. | 让我量一下你的体温 |
[04:03] | Ay, papi, but you’re not warm. | 宝贝 你没有发烧 |
[04:05] | Uh, probably because you were cooking and your hands are warm. | 可能是因为你在做饭 手温高 |
[04:09] | I better skip the party tomorrow just to be safe. | 我明天还是不去参加派对了 安全起见 |
[04:12] | Oh. Yeah, the party. | 是啊 明天的派对 |
[04:16] | – What? – The party. | -怎么了 -派对啊 |
[04:19] | I understand about 20% of what goes on around here. | 我只明白了五分之一 |
[04:22] | The party is at an amusement park, | 明天的派对在游乐场举办 |
[04:24] | – and Manny’s afraid of roller coasters. – Poor kid. | -曼尼怕坐过山车 -可怜的孩子 |
[04:27] | I don’t know where he gets his fear from… | 不知道他的胆小是遗传谁的 |
[04:29] | because his father’s not afraid of anything. | 他的爸爸什么都不怕 |
[04:31] | No bulls, no heights, | 不怕公牛 不恐高 |
[04:32] | no helicopters, no fast cars- | 不怕电梯和高速行驶的车 |
[04:34] | But go to dinner with him and wait for the check to come. | 但是跟他一起去吃饭 等结账的时候 |
[04:36] | Then you’ll see fear in his eyes. | 你可以从他眼里看到恐惧 |
[04:39] | Like the waiter’s a ghost. | 好像服务生是鬼似的 |
[04:42] | – Excited? – Yeah. | -兴奋吗 -是啊 |
[04:44] | We’re like Ponce de Leon and his son, Little Ponce. | 我们就像庞塞·德莱昂和他儿子小庞塞 |
[04:48] | -Who’s that? – Famous treasure hunters. | -他们是谁 -著名的寻宝家 |
[04:51] | His name was Ponce? He’d get made fun of at my school. | 他叫庞塞 他在我们学校会被嘲笑的 |
[04:55] | They’d probably call him “Pants.” | 他们可能会叫他”瓶塞” |
[04:58] | Pants. | 瓶塞 |
[05:00] | Or maybe, um, “Fancy Ponce.” | 或者”高级皮条客” |
[05:02] | That’s a good one. | 这个说得好 |
[05:04] | All right. | 好了 |
[05:07] | Let’s do this. | 我们开始吧 |
[05:10] | – You okay, Dad? – Yeah. Yeah, I am. | -你还好吧 爸爸 -恩 我还好 |
[05:12] | Yep. Gonna take a little more | 没事 这个算什么 |
[05:14] | than getting trapped in a small, dark space with a wild animal | 困在黑漆漆的小洞里 与野兽共舞 |
[05:17] | – to rattle your old man. – All right. | -可吓不到你老爸 -好吧 |
[05:18] | You never want your kids to see you scared. | 当父亲的永远都不想在孩子面前露怯 |
[05:20] | You wanna be that rock | 你想成为他们心中的坚石 |
[05:21] | that they can grab ahold of in a stormy sea. | 在暴风来临时让他们依靠 |
[05:24] | Actually, a rock would sink. So a floating rock. | 实际上 石头会沉底 那就当漂浮的石头 |
[05:28] | Let’s start over. It’s windy, and you’ve got a lot of papers. | 重新说一遍 风很大 你有很多张纸在手 |
[05:32] | Okay. Let’s do this, buddy. | 好了 我们开始吧 |
[05:39] | Okay! Good recon. | 好了 侦查成功 |
[05:41] | Got the lay of the land, so- | 知道地形了 所以 |
[05:43] | Aren’t we going in? | 我们不进去吗 |
[05:44] | Yep, we are. | 不 我们进去 |
[05:45] | But won’t it be fun if we did it with ski goggles and barbecue tools? | 但是用上滑雪护目镜和烧烤工具会更有趣吧 |
[05:50] | – I guess. – Yeah. | -应该是的 -对 |
[05:52] | – Yeah. Let’s do that. – All right. | -就这么干 -好的 |
[05:57] | Can I just say that is a lovely outfit. | 我想说你这身衣服真好看 |
[06:00] | Oh. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:01] | Well, it’s just nice to see you out of your lab coat. | 你不穿白大褂挺好看的 |
[06:03] | You actually have quite a nice figure. | 你身材很好 |
[06:05] | Take it down a notch. | 差不多行了 |
[06:06] | We’re trying to make a friend, not initiate a three-way. | 我们是在结交朋友 不是找3P伙伴 |
[06:12] | Lily looks great. | 莉莉看起来很健康 |
[06:13] | Do you think so? | 真的吗 |
[06:14] | Shouldn’t she have more teeth? | 她的牙齿不够多吧 |
[06:16] | I see these kids running around at the park, | 我看公园里跑来跑去的孩子们 |
[06:17] | and they look like sharks. | 牙齿锋利得像鲨鱼 |
[06:19] | Don’t worry. She’s perfect. Aren’t you, Lily? | 不用担心 她很好 是不是呀莉莉 |
[06:22] | Oh, look how calm she is with you. | 她跟你一起好乖 |
[06:24] | She’s usually very fidgety around new people. | 一般见到生人她都没这么安静的 |
[06:26] | Well, I just think she senses | 她大概是觉得 |
[06:28] | you’re gonna be a good friend for her… | 你会是她在平日里 |
[06:29] | during good times and- and flu season. | 和流感季节的好朋友 |
[06:33] | Mommy. | 妈咪 |
[06:36] | Did she just- | 她刚刚… |
[06:37] | Did she just say- | 她刚刚说… |
[06:40] | Well, her first word… | 她开口说的第一个字 |
[06:43] | was every gay father’s worst nightmare. | 是每一个男同父亲最糟的噩梦 |
[06:45] | – “Mommy.” – Oh. | -“妈咪” -心绞痛 |
[06:50] | Jay, he won’t admit it, | 杰 他不承认 |
[06:53] | but I know that Manny’s sad because he’s missing the party. | 但是我知道曼尼因为错过派对而伤心 |
[06:55] | Why don’t we take him somewhere to take his mind off it, hmm? | 我们带他出去散散心吧 |
[06:58] | I could have guessed he’d have trouble with roller coasters. | 我就知道他怕过山车 |
[07:00] | That kid gets woozy at barbershops | 每次他坐在理发店的转椅上 |
[07:01] | when they spin his chair towards the mirror. | 店员把他转向镜子 他都会头晕 |
[07:03] | How about we take him to the pier and go fishing, huh? Manny! | 带他去码头钓鱼怎么样 曼尼 |
[07:06] | – He likes to fish? – Yeah. | -他喜欢钓鱼 -是啊 |
[07:08] | He comes from a long line of fishermen and smugglers. | 他的祖上都是渔夫和走私贩 |
[07:12] | But I encourage the fishing. | 但我支持钓鱼 |
[07:14] | Manny, you like to fish? | 曼尼 你喜欢钓鱼吗 |
[07:15] | Fishing? Yeah. | 钓鱼 喜欢啊 |
[07:17] | You want to go to the pier today? | 今天想去码头吗 |
[07:19] | – Is this a trick to see if I’m really sick? – No. | -是要测试我有没有生病吗 -不是的 |
[07:22] | Maybe the fresh air will make you feel better. | 也许新鲜空气会让你好受点 |
[07:26] | Well, then yeah, ’cause there’s no place | 那好啊 因为没有什么地方 |
[07:28] | – where I’m more at one with – just get your coat. | -能让我更加… -滚去拿你的外套吧 |
[07:30] | – Are you nervous? – Shut up, Alex. | -你紧张吗 -闭嘴艾丽克斯 |
[07:32] | I was just asking. I’d be nervous if I were you. | 我只是问问 换做我肯定会紧张 |
[07:35] | Alex, leave your sister alone. She’s gonna be fine. | 艾丽克斯 别惹你姐姐 她没事的 |
[07:37] | As long as I don’t get the same guy. He’s so mean. | 只要不是同一个监考员 他很刻薄 |
[07:39] | – You probably will. – You won’t. | -很可能会遇上 -不会的 |
[07:41] | – He hates me. -He doesn’t hate you. | -他讨厌我 -他不讨厌你 |
[07:43] | – He yelled at me. – You drove into the bushes. | -他吼我 -你把车开到灌木丛里去了 |
[07:45] | Oh, no. It’s him. Please don’t be for me. Please don’t be for me. | 天啊 是他 别叫我 别叫我 |
[07:48] | Please don’t be for me. Please don’t be me. Hi. | 别叫我 别叫我 你好 |
[07:52] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[07:55] | Well, come on. I don’t have all day. | 快来 我待会还有事 |
[07:58] | I’m gonna throw up. | 我要吐了 |
[08:00] | Okay, no. This is what you’re gonna do. | 不会的 你这样办 |
[08:01] | You’re gonna get in that car, put on your seat belt… | 你进到车里 系好安全带 |
[08:03] | and take three deep breaths and relax. | 深呼吸三下 放松 |
[08:06] | This guy sees hundreds of kids every day. | 那家伙每天见几百个小孩 |
[08:08] | – He probably doesn’t even remember you, all right? – Okay. | -他很可能不记得你了好吗 -好的 |
[08:10] | Yo. Let’s move it, two strikes. | 开始了 两次不过的 |
[08:16] | That’s more than three breaths, honey. | 这不止三下深呼吸了 亲爱的 |
[08:21] | See how much better this is? | 这次好多了吧 |
[08:23] | The truck goes in. It gets video. | 把卡车放进去 拍摄视频 |
[08:25] | And then we get a preview of whatever’s in there. | 然后我们就能知道下面有什么了 |
[08:26] | How ingenious is that, huh? | 多妙啊 |
[08:28] | Are you just scared to go in? | 你是害怕不敢进去吗 |
[08:31] | Why would you say that? | 怎么这么说 |
[08:32] | Well, when you stuck your head in, you screamed a little. | 你把头伸进去的时候 尖叫了一下 |
[08:35] | I told you. That was the house settling. | 跟你说了 那是房子的声音 |
[08:37] | Besides, this is so much cooler. This is how NASA does it. | 再说这样酷多了 航天航空局就这样 |
[08:41] | Now, hand me the ltty Bitty Book Light. | 现在把迷你读书灯递给我 |
[08:44] | Yeah. Final piece of the puzzle. | 行了 这就完工了 |
[08:50] | Blast off. | 冲啊 |
[08:56] | – Hey, Dad? – Yeah? | -爸爸 -恩 |
[08:57] | How are you supposed to steer if you don’t know where you’re going? | 不知道路 你怎么控制车的方向呢 |
[09:00] | Stay in the present, buddy. Gotta do it by feel. | 时刻注意着 靠感觉了 |
[09:04] | Gotta get all Jedi on it. | 就像绝地武士那样 |
[09:19] | – Did you just lose my truck? – No. | -你把我的车弄丢了吗 -没有 |
[09:20] | – You just lost my truck! – No, I didn’t! | -你把我的车弄丢了 -我没有 |
[09:22] | That was my truck! Grandpa just gave it to me! | 那是我的车 外公才送给我的 |
[09:24] | – I told you to stay in the present! – Stop yelling! | -跟你说了要时刻注意着的 -别吼我 |
[09:30] | – Truce? – Yeah. Sorry. | -休战 -好的 抱歉 |
[09:36] | This is delicious. | 真美味 |
[09:38] | Oh. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:39] | The recipe’s from the now-defunct Gourmet magazine. | 食谱来自《已故美食家》杂志 |
[09:42] | Why do all the things I love go away? | 为何我所爱之物都要离我而去 |
[09:45] | Look, I don’t even think she said the “M” Word. | 听我说 我觉得她没说那个词 |
[09:49] | No, we heard it. It was clear as day. | 不 我们听到了 再清楚不过了 |
[09:51] | I- I just don’t know what we’ve done wrong. | 我不知道我们做错了什么 |
[09:53] | I quit my job so I could stay at home with her. | 我特地辞职在家里带她 |
[09:57] | But maybe it’s not enough. | 也许这还不够 |
[09:58] | Maybe we’re not providing her | 也许我们没能满足 |
[10:01] | with the feminine energy that she needs. | 她需要的女性气息 |
[10:05] | Yeah, I wouldn’t be too concerned about that. | 那个 我觉得你不必太放在心上 |
[10:09] | You- You know it’s because you’re Asian, right? | 你知道这是因为你是亚洲人 对吧 |
[10:12] | – Cam. – No, I’m sorry. What? | -小卡 -不 抱歉 什么 |
[10:13] | Am I just supposed to ignore the giant panda in the room? | 我应该对房间里的”大熊猫”视而不见吗 |
[10:17] | Pandas are from China. I- Well, it doesn’t matter. | 熊猫是中国的 而我…算了 |
[10:20] | Okay, okay. I think what my hysterical partner | 好吧 我这位歇斯底里的伴侣 |
[10:23] | is just trying to say, if I may, | 是想说 我就替你说了 |
[10:25] | that for the first six months of her life, | 莉莉生命的前六个月里 |
[10:27] | Lily was raised by very loving Asian women, in an orphanage, | 是在孤儿院由一位热心的亚洲女性抚养 |
[10:31] | with whom she clearly bonded. | 她和莉莉的感情很深 |
[10:33] | And then suddenly you come in with all of your Asian-ness… | 然后你带着你的亚洲气息来了 |
[10:37] | and-and-and breasts and womb, lady bits- | 以及胸部 子宫 女性特征 |
[10:41] | and it all just comes rushing back to her, and I- | 唤起了她的回忆 我… |
[10:44] | You guys are overreacting. | 你们真的是反应过度了 |
[10:47] | I’m sure Lily just strung a couple of random syllables together, | 莉莉肯定只是随意发出了两个音节 |
[10:51] | and they happen to sound something like that word. | 听起来刚好像那个词而已 |
[10:54] | But that’s all. | 仅此而已 |
[10:58] | – Do you really think that? – Of course. | -你真的这么想吗 -当然 |
[11:00] | She’s right. She’s right. | 她说的对 她说的对 |
[11:01] | We’re being ridiculous. | 我们太可笑了 |
[11:02] | We’re being ridiculous. | 我们太可笑了 |
[11:04] | Your daddies are being ridiculous. | 你的爸爸们很可笑哦 |
[11:07] | Mommy. | 妈咪 |
[11:09] | Okay. Well- | 好吧 |
[11:11] | – Mr. Tucker – No, no, no. | -塔克先生 -不不不 |
[11:13] | She’s made her choice! She’s made her choice. | 她做出了决定 她要个妈妈 |
[11:17] | – All right, left turn. – Here? | -好了 左转 -在这里吗 |
[11:19] | – At the intersection, yeah. – Okay. | -对 在十字路口 -好的 |
[11:21] | Left. | 左转 |
[11:24] | – What? – I said left. You’re going right. | -什么 -我说左转 但是你右转了 |
[11:26] | Wait. No, wait. I’m trying, okay? | 不 等等 我在努力了好不好 |
[11:29] | Pull over. | 靠边停车 |
[11:29] | – No, I can do this! – Pull over now. | -不 我做得到的 -立刻靠边停车 |
[11:34] | Why are you crying? | 你哭什么 |
[11:35] | Why do you hate me? | 你为什么讨厌我 |
[11:37] | Oh, hell. Haley, I don’t hate you. | 要命 海莉 我不讨厌你 |
[11:41] | You seem like a nice girl. You remind me of my daughter. | 你看上去是个好女孩 让我想起了我女儿 |
[11:44] | Which is why I want you to live a long and happy life… | 所以我希望你快乐长寿 |
[11:47] | and be safe and not hurt my daughter. | 安全行车 不要伤到我女儿 |
[11:51] | I really want my license. | 我真的很想拿到驾照 |
[11:53] | I’ve been practicing a lot, I swear. | 我练了很久 我发誓 |
[11:56] | – You gonna drink and drive? – No, sir. | -你会酒后驾驶吗 -不会的 长官 |
[11:58] | – You gonna text and drive? – No, sir. | -驾驶时发短信 -不会的 长官 |
[12:01] | All right. Let’s start this from the beginning. | 好吧 我们再考一次 |
[12:05] | Could you smile first? | 你能不能先笑一笑 |
[12:08] | I’ll be less nervous if you smile. | 你笑的话我就不会这么紧张了 |
[12:16] | Okay, that didn’t help. | 好吧 似乎没什么用 |
[12:18] | Just go. | 开车吧 |
[12:24] | Today feels like a good day for halibut. | 今天是捕大比目鱼的好日子 |
[12:26] | Hey, Jay, did I ever tell you about the time… | 杰 我有没有跟你说过 |
[12:28] | I used peanut butter and jelly for bait | 我用黄油和果冻做鱼饵 |
[12:30] | and I caught a thresher shark? | 钓到一条长尾鲨 |
[12:31] | I don’t know. You tell me a lot of funny things. | 不记得了 你跟我讲过很多趣事 |
[12:35] | Why are we going this way? | 为什么从这边走 |
[12:37] | It’s just another way to go. | 这边也可以到 |
[12:39] | Uh-oh. Something’s going on. | 不妙 有情况 |
[12:41] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[12:42] | Wake up, old man. | 醒醒吧 老男人 |
[12:43] | She’s trying to get me on that roller coaster. | 她想让我去坐那个过山车 |
[12:47] | – No, she’s not. – Yes, I am. | -不 她不会的 -我就是这么想的 |
[12:49] | – What? – Told you. | -什么 -我就说吧 |
[12:51] | Manny, you have to face your fears. | 曼尼 你得直面自己的恐惧 |
[12:53] | That’s why we’re here? | 这就是我们来这儿的目的吗 |
[12:55] | Why didn’t you let me in on your little plan? | 你怎么不先跟我知会一声 |
[12:56] | Because you’re the worst liar. | 因为你最不擅长说谎了 |
[12:58] | He would have seen right through you. | 他肯定会看穿你的 |
[13:00] | I don’t wanna go on the roller coaster. | 我不想坐过山车 |
[13:02] | Manny, you were afraid to light the barbecue, | 曼尼 你以前不敢给烧烤点火 |
[13:04] | but now your eyebrows have grown back… | 但是现在你的眉毛已经长回来了 |
[13:06] | and your salmon is legendary. | 你烤的三文鱼超级美味 |
[13:08] | – What if I fall out? – I will catch you. | -万一我掉下来呢 -我会接住你的 |
[13:11] | That’s not possible. He would crush you. | 那不可能 他会把你碾成肉酱的 |
[13:14] | What if I throw up? | 要是我吐了呢 |
[13:15] | I will clean it up. It wouldn’t be the first time. | 我帮你清理 反正也不是第一次 |
[13:17] | Geez, these are new shoes. | 天 我穿了双新鞋 |
[13:20] | You’re not gonna let up, are you? | 你不会放弃的 是不是 |
[13:21] | Baby, I think you know the answer. | 宝贝 你心里很清楚的 |
[13:25] | Fine. Let’s get it over with. | 好吧 去克服恐惧吧 |
[13:28] | That’s my boy. Vamos, Jay. | 我的勇敢儿子 来吧 杰 |
[13:31] | No, I’m not going on that. That’s bad for my back. | 不 我才不去 对背不好 |
[13:34] | – Your back is fine. – I got an inner-ear thing. | -你的背没有受伤啊 -我耳水不平 |
[13:37] | – Oh, please. Don’t tell me you’re scared too. – Scared? | -拜托 别告诉我你也怕这个 -怕 |
[13:40] | What is this “Scared” Stuff from? | “怕”字从何说起 |
[13:42] | What am I, a child? I’m not scared. | 我又不是小孩子 我才不怕 |
[13:43] | You see? You’re the worst liar. | 看吧 就说你不擅长说谎 |
[13:45] | Well, if he’s not going, I’m not going. | 如果他不去 那我也不去 |
[13:48] | Oh, for God’s sake, fine! I’ll go alone. | 我的神啊 好吧 我自己去 |
[13:51] | Here. Take my girlie purse | 给你 拿好我的”女士”包 |
[13:53] | and you my floppy hat, | 你戴上我的”花边’帽 |
[13:55] | and if you need it, there’s the ladies’ room. | 二位如果需要的话 那边有女士洗手间 |
[14:00] | I’m not man enough to fight this. | 我的男子气概尚不足与之抗争 |
[14:04] | Here. Hold my purse. | 给你 拿好包 |
[14:09] | Oh, hell! | 要死 |
[14:16] | – What’s taking them so long? – I don’t know. | -怎么这么久 -我不知道 |
[14:19] | The only reason I’m not panicking is I haven’t seen a giant geyser. | 幸好没有间歇泉 不然我早发疯了 |
[14:23] | You know, honey, I think I know why you don’t wanna go tonight. | 宝贝 我知道你今晚不想去的原因 |
[14:26] | – Because school dances are lame? – No. | -因为学校舞会很没劲 -不 |
[14:28] | – ‘Cause you don’t know how to dance. – That’s not it. | -因为你不会跳舞 -才不是 |
[14:30] | I can help you with that. Come on. | 我可以帮你 来吧 |
[14:31] | – Come on. – Oh, God, no. No, Mom. | -来吧 -我的天 不要 妈妈 |
[14:33] | Oh, yeah. Back in the day, I was quite the dancer. | 来吧 我曾经可是一代舞后 |
[14:35] | Oh, my God. You and Dad together suddenly makes so much sense. | 我的天 突然间明白你和老爸为何走到一起了 |
[14:38] | Mom. Mom, stop. Stop. | 妈 妈 停下来 停下来 |
[14:40] | Please, stop. I know how to dance. | 拜托 别跳了 我会跳舞 |
[14:43] | I just don’t wanna be part of that freak show. | 我只是不想参与那个怪胎秀 |
[14:46] | Sweetheart, you’re a beautiful girl. | 宝贝 你是个漂亮女孩 |
[14:48] | Someone will ask you to dance. | 会有人邀请你跳舞的 |
[14:49] | I know that. It’s just stupid. | 我知道 但是太傻了 |
[14:51] | Somebody will ask you. | 会有人邀请你的 |
[14:53] | Why do you keep saying that? | 为什么你老说这句 |
[14:54] | Somebody will ask you. | 会有人邀请你跳舞的 |
[14:57] | But what if they don’t? | 要是没有人邀请我呢 |
[14:59] | Honey, if they don’t, | 亲爱的 如果他们不邀请你 |
[15:01] | then you do the exact same thing I told your sister, okay? | 那就照我跟你姐姐说的做 |
[15:05] | Take three deep breaths and relax. | 深呼吸三下 放轻松 |
[15:07] | Even the advice I get is a hand-me-down. | 我连收到的建议都是二手货 |
[15:09] | Mom, I did it! I passed! | 妈 我成功了 我考过了 |
[15:12] | Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[15:14] | – I got my license! – Congratulations! | -我拿到驾照了 -恭喜 |
[15:15] | I have my license! I got my license! | 我拿到驾照了 拿到驾照了 |
[15:17] | – Car’s not in “Park.” – Oh. Oops. | -车还没停好 -糟糕 |
[15:19] | You better run to that counter. | 赶紧去拿驾照 |
[15:21] | – Go. Right now. – Run! Run! | -现在就去 -快跑 |
[15:27] | Still can’t believe you lost my truck. | 还是不敢相信你把我的卡车弄丢了 |
[15:29] | It’s gone, buddy. Let it go. | 没了就是没了 伙计 忘了它吧 |
[15:31] | You know, maybe it’s better we don’t solve this little mystery. | 也许不去揭秘更好 |
[15:35] | Sometimes treasure’s more sparkly in your imagination. | 有时想象中的宝藏更诱人 |
[15:38] | Or it could be gold or baseball cards or pirate maps. | 可能是金子 棒球卡或者海盗藏宝图 |
[15:43] | Do you really think there could be pirate maps under there? | 你真的觉得下面可能有海盗藏宝图吗 |
[15:46] | I’m a hundred percent sure it’s possible. | 我敢肯定是有可能的 |
[15:48] | – All right. I’m going in. – What? | -好吧 我进去 -什么 |
[15:56] | Really? Buddy. | 不是吧 伙计 |
[16:02] | What do you see? | 看到什么了 |
[16:03] | Nothing. It’s really dark in here. | 什么都看不见 下面真黑 |
[16:06] | Wait a minute. I think I see my truck. | 等等 我看到我的车了 |
[16:08] | It’s right over there by the- Uh-oh. | 它的旁边是… |
[16:11] | – What? – I think I’m stuck. | -怎么了 -我卡住了 |
[16:13] | – How are you stuck? -My belt loop got caught on a pipe. | -卡在哪了 -我的皮带挂在管子上了 |
[16:17] | – And it’s hot. – Have you tried wiggling? | -管子好烫 -试着摆动一下 |
[16:19] | Dad, it’s hot! Hurry! | 爸爸 好烫 快来 |
[16:21] | – I’m coming, buddy! – And hurry. There’s spiders in here. | -我来了伙计 -快来 下面有蜘蛛 |
[16:27] | Coming! | 就来了 |
[16:29] | I’m sorry if we got all weird in there. | 抱歉给你带来不快 |
[16:31] | No. It was fine. | 不 没事 |
[16:33] | Well, we’d like to say it’s different than how it usually is, | 我们想说平时不是这样的 |
[16:35] | but you’ve seen us enough to know that that’s not true. | 不过你也知道那是假话了 |
[16:38] | Guys, listen. | 听我说 同志们 |
[16:39] | I had a very complicated relationship with my mother. | 我和我母亲的关系不太好 |
[16:42] | She was born in Japan- crazy traditional. | 她生于日本 非常传统 |
[16:45] | She didn’t want me to become a doctor. | 她不希望我成为医生 |
[16:47] | She wanted me to get married and have kids. | 她希望我结婚生子 |
[16:48] | But my father, we would talk… | 但是我父亲 可以和我沟通 |
[16:51] | and he would actually listen to what I wanted. | 他会听取我的想法 |
[16:54] | Anyway, what I’m trying to say… | 不管怎么样 我想说 |
[16:56] | is having a mother isn’t always what it’s cracked up to be. | 母亲的角色并不一定那么重要 |
[17:00] | – Oh! Thank you. – Well, thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[17:03] | And if you ask me, | 如果要我说 |
[17:04] | having two fathers who care as much as you do… | 能有你们两位如此慈爱的父亲 |
[17:07] | makes Lily the luckiest little girl in the world. | 莉莉真是世界上最幸运的小女孩了 |
[17:09] | – Oh! Thank you so much. – Thank you. Thank you for that. | -谢谢 -谢谢你这么说 |
[17:11] | – That’s very sweet. Thanks. – Thank you. | -你人真好 -谢谢 |
[17:13] | And how are things with you and your mom now? | 你和你妈妈现在关系怎么样 |
[17:18] | The only way she’ll be happy is if I’m some Asian stereotype. | 如果我是个典型的传统亚洲女人她就高兴了 |
[17:21] | But that just isn’t me. | 但那不是我 |
[17:28] | I didn’t see those! | 我不知道后面有垃圾桶 |
[17:35] | – I’m coming, buddy. – Over here. | -我来了 伙计 -我在这 |
[17:37] | That’s… a spider web. Oh, God. | 蜘…蛛网 要命 |
[17:41] | My boy was in trouble, | 我儿子有困难了 |
[17:42] | so I put my fears aside, and I came to his rescue. | 于是我忘却恐惧 跑去救他 |
[17:46] | Now, does that make me a hero? | 这样我算是英雄了吗 |
[17:48] | Yes, it does. | 当然是了 |
[17:50] | Everything’s gonna be okay. | 不会有事的 |
[17:52] | Hey. Everything’s gonna be okay. | 不会有事的 |
[17:56] | – There. – Thanks, Dad. | -好了 -谢谢爸爸 |
[17:58] | Hey, that’s what dads do. Let’s get out of here. | 父亲就该救孩子于危难之中 我们出去吧 |
[18:01] | – I want my truck. – Really? | -我想拿回我的车 -真的吗 |
[18:03] | It was a Christmas gift. | 它是我的圣诞礼物 |
[18:06] | Could you go get it? | 你能去把它捡回来吗 |
[18:09] | Yeah. Yeah. | 可以 可以 |
[18:11] | Sure. Let’s go- Let’s go through it. | 没问题 我们钻过去 |
[18:17] | Yeah. There it is. | 好了 就在这 |
[18:23] | Got it. | 拿到了 |
[18:25] | – You okay? -Yeah. Are you okay? | -你还好吗 -嗯 你好吗 |
[18:28] | You know what? I am okay. | 你知道吗 我没事 |
[18:33] | We did it. | 我们成功了 |
[18:35] | We’re under the house. | 我们到房子下面来了 |
[18:38] | What the heck. We’re down here. | 怎么样 我们进来了 |
[18:41] | – Why don’t we see what we got, huh? – Yeah. | -不如看看下面有什么吧 -好啊 |
[18:44] | Two intrepid explorers… | 两个无畏的冒险者 |
[18:48] | make their way on a journey- | 踏上了冒险的旅程 |
[18:51] | Dead bodies! | 死尸 |
[18:54] | We called the police and got a bunch of detectives over. | 我们报了警 叫来了一群警探 |
[18:56] | Turns out it was the last owner’s Halloween decorations, | 结果那些是屋子前主人的万圣节装饰品 |
[19:00] | which is pretty funny. | 真是搞笑 |
[19:02] | Least I thought it was. | 至少我是这么觉得 |
[19:05] | Everybody’s afraid of something, right? | 每个人都有怕的东西 不是吗 |
[19:08] | Heights, clowns, tight spaces. | 怕高 怕小丑 怕窄小的空间 |
[19:11] | You like it, Jay? | 喜欢吗 杰 |
[19:15] | I did it! | 我做到了 |
[19:16] | Those are things you get over. | 这些都可以克服 |
[19:18] | But then there’s our children. | 然后我们还有孩子 |
[19:22] | Will they fit in? | 他们是否合群 |
[19:28] | Will they be safe? | 是否安全 |
[19:31] | Those are fears you never get past. | 我们注定要担心一辈子 |
[19:33] | So sometimes all you can do… | 所以有时 我们只能 |
[19:36] | is take a deep breath, pull ’em close… | 深呼吸 拥抱他们 |
[19:39] | and hope for the best. | 希望一切安好 |
[19:42] | – Bye! – Eyes on the road. | -再见 -注意路面 |
[19:44] | – Love you! – Eyes on the road. | -爱你们 -注意路面 |
[19:46] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[19:47] | I mean, things don’t always work out. | 我是说 人不可能事事顺心 |
[19:51] | Oh. Cam, I think she wants her doll. | 小卡 她应该是想要娃娃了 |
[19:53] | – I don’t know where it is. – Mommy. | -我不知道在哪里 -妈咪 |
[19:58] | Mommy. | 妈咪 |
[20:03] | When you squeeze the doll, it says “Mommy.” | 一捏这娃娃 它就会说”妈咪” |
[20:05] | – Did-Did you know that – Not a clue. | -你之前知道吗 -毫不知情 |
[20:08] | The doll says “Mommy.” | 娃娃说的”妈咪” |
[20:10] | – The doll says “Mommy.” – The doll says “Mommy.” | -是娃娃说的”妈咪” -娃娃说的 |
[20:14] | But you gotta love it when they do. | 若事事顺心 则要珍惜当下 |
[20:21] | – Hey, Dad. – Hmm? | -爸爸 -什么事 |
[20:23] | Mom says there’s an old trunk in the attic. | 妈妈说阁楼里有个旧行李箱 |
[20:25] | Oh, yeah. My grandpa’s old steamer trunk. | 是的 我爷爷的旧扁平行李箱 |
[20:27] | In this movie I saw, there was this old trunk… | 我看的一个电影 里面有一个行李箱 |
[20:30] | and there’s a secret compartment. | 和一间秘室 |
[20:32] | And when you opened it, there was a whole bunch of paintings, | 打开以后 里面有很多幅画 |
[20:34] | by the world’s greatest painters, hidden in the war. | 都是战争时期藏起来的大画家的作品 |
[20:38] | My grandpa was in the war. | 我爷爷参与过战争 |
[20:40] | Should we go up there? | 我们要上去看一看吗 |
[20:41] | Totally. It could also be diamonds. | 绝对的 说不定里面是钻石呢 |
[20:43] | Or a samurai sword. | 或者是日本武士军刀 |
[20:44] | Or the Declaration of Independence. | 或者是《独立宣言》 |
[20:47] | You know, it almost doesn’t even matter what’s up there. | 阁楼里有什么并不重要 |
[20:51] | What matters is what you do with the money from what’s up there. | 重要的是怎么花用它换来的钱 |
[20:54] | We could get a motorboat. | 我们可以买艘汽艇 |
[20:56] | Or a robotic gutter cleaner. | 或者下水道清理机器人 |
[20:58] | – Or an indoor pool. – Or a two-man submarine. | -或者室内泳池 -或者双人潜水艇 |