时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Mom. The dog again. | 妈 那狗又在吠 |
[00:07] | I know baby. I want to strangle that crazy old thing. | 听到了 宝贝 我想掐死那条疯老狗 |
[00:11] | Just ignore it. | 别理它就是了 |
[00:12] | It’s easy for you to ignore | 对你来说确实容易 |
[00:13] | because you have the old-man hearing. | 因为你已经老耳闭塞 |
[00:15] | But Manny and I — we have the young ears. | 但是我跟曼尼有着朝气蓬勃的双耳 |
[00:17] | I don’t get how one dog keeps you awake | 我就不明白你怎么会受不了一条咆哮狗 |
[00:19] | when you grew up sleeping through | 你老家满街都是斗鸡和武装革命 |
[00:20] | cockfights and revolutions. | 应该早习惯了吧 |
[00:22] | Mm-hmm. Very funny, Jay. | 很好笑 杰 |
[00:24] | Manny hasn’t been able to sleep in weeks. | 曼尼已经好几个礼拜都没睡好觉了 |
[00:26] | It’s screwing his brain for school. | 他都没精神上课 |
[00:28] | And it doesn’t stop. | 那狗吠个不停 |
[00:29] | It goes on and on and on and on and on and on | 一直不停地叫啊叫啊叫啊叫啊叫啊叫啊 |
[00:32] | – and on and on and on. – Yes, that could be annoying. | -叫啊叫啊 -行了 这声挺烦的 |
[00:36] | That’s it. I’m going over there. | 我受够了 我去找他们 |
[00:38] | Gloria, now, don’t go starting something | 歌洛莉亚 别惹事 |
[00:40] | because whenever you do, I’m the one that — | 因为不管你干什么 最后还不是我善后 |
[00:42] | That she couldn’t hear. | 这声她倒是可以不理会 |
[00:48] | They’re gone. Cam. | 他们都不见了 小卡 |
[00:49] | All the children are gone. | 所有的小孩都不见了 |
[00:51] | What children? | 什么孩子们 |
[00:52] | I was running in the park, | 我在公园跑步 |
[00:53] | and I noticed that none of the kids | 然后我发现 |
[00:54] | Lily usually plays with were there. | 跟莉莉一起玩的小孩都不见了 |
[00:56] | – Well, it’s still early. – But then I ran into Lori. | -现在还早着呢 -但是我遇到了罗莉 |
[00:58] | Boobs Lori or adult-braces Lori? | 大胸罗莉还是牙套罗莉 |
[01:00] | – Great-shoes Lori. – Oh, I like her. | -美鞋罗莉 -我喜欢她 |
[01:01] | And she said that they all sent their kids to preschool. | 她说他们都把孩子送去上幼儿园了 |
[01:04] | What?! We agreed to wait till next year. | 什么 我们说好了明年再上的 |
[01:07] | It was a fake-out to make sure that their kids got a spot. | 那是忽悠我们 好给自家孩子争取名额 |
[01:10] | Those skinny bitches. | 那些瘦婊子 |
[01:11] | We have got to get her into school, Cameron, | 我们必须去报名 卡梅隆 |
[01:13] | or else she’s gonna fall behind. | 不然她就落后了 |
[01:14] | Don’t you think I know that? | 你以为我不知道吗 |
[01:16] | This is perfect. | 真够绝的 |
[01:16] | Oh, leave it to the gays | 让那对基佬 |
[01:18] | to raise the only underachieving Asian in America. | 养出美利坚唯一一个成绩烂的亚洲小孩吧 |
[01:22] | Okay, here you go. | 好了 这个给你 |
[01:25] | Guys, breakfast. | 伙计们 吃早餐了 |
[01:27] | Guys. Phil. Hello. | 伙计们 菲尔 理我一下 |
[01:29] | Totally with you. | 我在我在 |
[01:30] | Kids, put your dishes in the dishwasher. | 孩子们 盘子放到洗碗机里去 |
[01:32] | Okay, no. That’s it. | 好了 我受够了 |
[01:33] | Everybody, gadgets down now! | 每个人都给老娘把手里的玩意儿放下 |
[01:35] | Why are you freaking out? | 你干嘛发飙 |
[01:36] | Because you’re all so involved with your little gizmos, | 因为这些玩意把你们魂都勾跑了 |
[01:38] | nobody is even talking. | 都没人讲话了 |
[01:40] | Families are supposed to talk. | 家人彼此间应该交流 |
[01:42] | What are you doing that’s so important? | 你在处理什么了不得的事吗 |
[01:44] | Oh, I’m locking in my fantasy roster. | 我在捣鼓俺的梦幻烤炉 |
[01:46] | I’m unbeatable. | 我战无不胜 |
[01:47] | We’re totally getting an aboveground pool. | 我们正要建一个地上泳池 |
[01:49] | Die, stupid, die! | 去死吧 蠢货 去死吧 |
[01:51] | Luke, I told you to put that down now. | 卢克 我叫你把那东西放下 |
[01:53] | Come on, buddy. | 快点 小子 |
[01:53] | One second. I’m about to beat dad’s record. | 等一下 我就要破老爸的记录了 |
[01:55] | You heard your mother. | 听妈妈的话 |
[01:58] | What is so funny? | 有什么这么好笑 |
[02:00] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[02:01] | “Mom’s insane.” Thank you, Haley. | “老妈疯了” 谢谢 海莉 |
[02:03] | At least we talk. | 至少我们在交流 |
[02:06] | Hello. | 喂 |
[02:07] | Hey, it’s me. What’s a good preschool? | 是我 哪所幼儿园比较好 |
[02:09] | Uh, well, our kids went to Wagon Wheel. | 我家小孩去的是沃根威尔 |
[02:11] | And it was good? You liked it? | 那所好吗 你喜欢吗 |
[02:13] | Oh, well, you know my kids | 你知道我的小孩 |
[02:14] | are middle-management material at best. | 反正也都不是什么太好的胚子 |
[02:15] | Didn’t want to waste a lot of money — | 也不想在他们身上浪费太多钱 |
[02:16] | Yes, Mitchell, it’s good. | 米奇尔 那所不赖 |
[02:19] | Why the interest? | 干吗突然问这个 |
[02:20] | I just realized that all of Lily’s friends | 我突然发现莉莉的玩伴们 |
[02:21] | are going to school this year, and now she’s late. | 今年都上幼儿园了 她现在落后了 |
[02:24] | Don’t worry. She can wait another year. | 别担心 她可以明年再上 |
[02:25] | Just buy her a Blackberry, | 给她买部黑莓手机就是了 |
[02:27] | that’s all she’s gonna want to do anyway. | 反正现在的小孩就爱它 |
[02:29] | What did she say? | 她说什么 |
[02:30] | She says to buy her a Blackberry. | 她说给莉莉买部黑莓手机 |
[02:31] | Lily doesn’t have the dexterity for that, Claire! | 莉莉的小手还没法玩手机呢 克莱尔 |
[02:34] | What is happening? | 她疯了吧 |
[02:35] | Can you just check with your school | 你能不能问一下你那间学校 |
[02:36] | and see if maybe you can get us in? | 看看能不能接收我们 |
[02:38] | Hmm. I-I can probably get you an interview. | 我也许可以帮你安排一次会面 |
[02:41] | Oh, no. That’s great. That’s great. | 太棒了 太好了 |
[02:43] | Thank you. I really appreciate it. | 谢谢 真的太感谢了 |
[02:44] | Oh, and, by the way, what do you think | 还有 顺便问一下 你觉得 |
[02:45] | of that place Billingsley Academy? | 比林斯利学院怎么样 |
[02:47] | Ooh. Billingsley. Very hoity-toity. | 比林斯利 拽得很呢 |
[02:50] | You can’t get in there unless you’re really rich | 一般人根本进不去 除非你富得流油 |
[02:52] | or you know somebody on the board. | 或者在校董会有人开后门 |
[02:54] | Oh, god, this is a nightmare. | 天啊 这简直是个噩梦 |
[02:55] | Mitch, it’s preschool. Don’t overthink it. | 米奇 幼儿园罢了 别小题大做 |
[02:57] | My kids didn’t go to Billingsley, | 我家小孩也没上比林斯利 |
[02:59] | and they are fine. | 他们不也好好的吗 |
[03:03] | I have to go. | 我得挂了 |
[03:05] | Phil. | 菲尔 |
[03:08] | That’s awesome. | 有创意 |
[03:27] | – Buenos dias. – Hi. | -早上好 -你好 |
[03:28] | We haven’t formally met. | 我们还没正式见过面 |
[03:30] | I’m Gloria Pritchett from next door. | 我是住在隔壁的歌洛莉亚·普里契特 |
[03:32] | Larry Paulson. Yeah, I’ve seen you. Mm. | 我叫拉瑞·保森 见过面了 |
[03:34] | Lucky guy. | 艳”福”不浅啊 |
[03:34] | Wait a minute, then tell me. | 是福是祸你很快就知道了 |
[03:36] | Your dog doesn’t stop barking. | 你的狗吠个不停 |
[03:38] | All morning, all night. | 整日整夜乱吠 |
[03:40] | He wakes my son up, | 他吵醒了我儿子 |
[03:41] | and he needs his sleep. | 他需要充足的睡眠 |
[03:42] | It’s not my dog. It’s my soon-to-be ex-wife’s. | 不是我的狗 是我即将散伙的妻子的 |
[03:44] | She moved out three weeks ago. | 她三个星期前搬出去了 |
[03:46] | Is she coming back for it? | 她会回来取吗 |
[03:47] | Not unless it starts crapping money. | 除非狗屎变美钞 |
[03:49] | Well, you need to do something about the dog. | 那你必须想办法治治它 |
[03:51] | The dog is old and stupid. | 那狗又老又笨 |
[03:53] | Who are you really mad at, Larry? | 你到底是在生谁的气 拉瑞 |
[03:54] | The dog or your wife? | 那条狗还是你妻子 |
[03:56] | Who the hell is this kid? | 这小孩怎么回事 |
[03:58] | Hey, there’s no need for that. | 别扯上小孩 |
[03:59] | I’ll tell you who he is. | 我告诉你他是怎么回事 |
[04:00] | His name is “shut up your damn dog”! | 他的名字就叫做 让你那该死的狗闭嘴 |
[04:02] | You know what’s ironic? | 真是讽刺至极啊 |
[04:03] | You come over here complaining | 你们来这抱怨 |
[04:04] | And I have never once said a word | 我从来都没有抱怨过 |
[04:06] | About that obnoxious parrot of yours | 你们家那只聒噪的鹦鹉 |
[04:08] | That’s always squawking. | 叫声简直非人类 |
[04:09] | Parrot? | 鹦鹉 |
[04:10] | What parrot? | 什么鹦鹉 |
[04:11] | Jay! | 杰 |
[04:12] | Jay! | 杰 |
[04:13] | Jay! | 杰 |
[04:15] | What is he talking about? What parrot? | 他那是什么意思 哪儿来的鹦鹉 |
[04:17] | How the hell do I know? | 我怎么知道 |
[04:19] | So, what do we do now? | 那我们现在应该怎么做 |
[04:20] | Nothing. We did it. He heard us. | 我们已经和他说了 还能做什么 |
[04:21] | He didn’t hear nothing. | 但他什么都没听进去 |
[04:23] | Jay, don’t go. Jay! | 杰 别走 杰 |
[04:25] | Jay! Jay! | 杰 杰 |
[04:31] | Okay, we have called this family meeting | 好了 我们召开这次家庭会议的原因是 |
[04:33] | Because the personal electronics have gotten out of control. | 个人电子产品已经影响了正常生活 |
[04:36] | Starting today, there’s going to be a one-week ban | 从今天起 将进行为期一周的电子设备禁用周 |
[04:38] | -On all cellphones, texting, -oh! | -禁止用手机 发信息 -噢不 |
[04:40] | Im’ing, video chatting, video-gaming, | 禁止上论坛 视屏聊天 玩游戏 |
[04:42] | -Anything on the internet. -How am I supposed to do my homework? | -禁止任何网络行为 -那我该怎么做作业 |
[04:45] | The way I did. | 跟我学学 |
[04:46] | With a chisel and a piece of stone. | 拿一个凿子和一块石头 |
[04:47] | -Phil. -Can’t unplug my funny bone. | -菲尔 -别想阻止我与生俱来的幽默感 |
[04:49] | I have a huge science paper due. | 我马上就要完成一份科学论文 |
[04:51] | And we have a great set of encyclopedias…Somewhere. | 别担心 也许家里还有本祖传的百科全书 |
[04:54] | What do you think the public library is for? | 不然你认为公共图书馆是用来干吗 |
[04:57] | I thought that was a bathroom for homeless people. | 我以为那里是流浪汉的免费公厕 |
[05:00] | Can I still play plants vs. Zombies? | 我还能继续玩植物大战僵尸吗 |
[05:02] | Are you not listening? | 你是不是聋了 |
[05:04] | -But you learn about plants. -Mm-hmm. | -但是你了解植物 -怎么 |
[05:06] | And plants are life. | 植物是有生命的 |
[05:07] | Are you against life? | 难道你反对生命吗 |
[05:09] | How am I supposed to talk to my friends? | 那我该怎么和我的朋友聊天 |
[05:11] | Talk to them at school. | 在学校聊个痛快 |
[05:13] | Or at a juice bar. | 或者在果汁店 |
[05:14] | Or on the house phone. | 或者用座机打 |
[05:15] | Nobody even knows our number. | 没人知道我们家的号码 |
[05:16] | I don’t even know our number. | 连我自己都不知道 |
[05:17] | So, you’re saying dad’s not going to go online? | 这么说老爸也不会再去上网咯 |
[05:19] | -Yep. -Dad? | -当然 -老爸 |
[05:20] | -That’s right. -What about fantasy football? | -是的 -那疯狂足球怎么办 |
[05:22] | Not a problem. My team’s set this week. | 不用担心 球队那边已经都安排好了 |
[05:25] | I am completely on board | 我至死不渝地 |
[05:26] | your mother’s horse and buggy to yesteryear. | 支持你老妈的突发奇想 |
[05:28] | For the next week, I may as well be Amish. | 接下来的一周 我要回归原始社会 |
[05:30] | Jebediah Dunphy. | 原始人邓菲 |
[05:32] | Raising barns, witnessing murders, | 穴居狩猎 茹毛饮血 |
[05:33] | Making electric fireplace hearths. | 钻木取火 |
[05:35] | Oh! This is so unfair! | 这简直太不公平了 |
[05:37] | You know what? | 你猜怎么着 |
[05:39] | We’re gonna make this fun. | 我们可以搞得有趣些 |
[05:40] | Turn it into a game. | 把它当作一次比赛 |
[05:41] | Whoever stays unplugged the longest, wins. | 坚持到最后的那个人就是胜利者 |
[05:44] | Not what I had in mind, Phil. | 菲尔 这不是我的初衷 |
[05:45] | -What do we win? -What do you want? | -我们能赢得什么 -你们想要什么 |
[05:46] | I want a new computer. | 我想要一台新电脑 |
[05:47] | Done | 成 |
[05:48] | We’re gonna get them off of electronics | 我们禁止他们用电子产品 |
[05:50] | with the promise of more electronics? | 结果却要给他们添置更多电子设备吗 |
[05:52] | -I want chicken pot pie. -And chicken. | -我想要鸡肉馅饼 -整只鸡都行 |
[05:54] | I want a car. | 我想要一辆车 |
[05:55] | -No way! -Done! | -没门 -成 |
[05:56] | Yeah, I’m getting a car! | 我能有自己的车了 |
[05:58] | -Yeah, fun, right? -Phil! | -没错 很有趣 对吧 -菲尔 |
[06:00] | We cannot afford a third car. | 我们养不起第三辆车 |
[06:01] | Relax. They’re never gonna last as long as us. | 别担心 他们不可能赢我们 |
[06:04] | Oh, honey, don’t take this the wrong way, | 亲爱的 别误会 |
[06:07] | but I have almost no faith in you. | 但我确实对你没有任何信心 |
[06:15] | Joanie will be right out. | 乔安妮马上就会出来 |
[06:16] | She’s just finishing up another interview. | 她马上就会结束那个接见 |
[06:18] | Okay. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 谢谢 谢谢 |
[06:19] | – You’re welcome. – I really like this place. | -不客气 -我真心喜欢这个地方 |
[06:20] | – Look at all these drawings. – I know. | -看看这些画 -我看到了 |
[06:22] | And did you see the duckies in the yard? | 你看到院子里的鸭鸭了吗 |
[06:24] | – Lily loves duckies. – I know. | -莉莉最喜欢鸭鸭了 -我知道 |
[06:25] | I’m gonna mention that. | 我等会要提到这些 |
[06:26] | Okay, well, do, | 行啊 说啊 |
[06:27] | because that’s really gonna set her apart from the rest of the kids. | 搞的好像说这个就能让她显得与众不同似的 |
[06:30] | We should also mention | 我们还要提到 |
[06:31] | how she always perks up when we watch “Charlie Rose.” | 当我们看克莱尔· 罗斯的 脱口秀时 她总是很兴奋 |
[06:33] | That was one time. He was interviewing Elmo. | 就一次而已 因为当时他在采访艾摩 |
[06:36] | You boys ought to relax. | 你们放轻松点 |
[06:37] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[06:39] | – We just — we really want to make a good impression. – Mm. | -我们只是想留下一个好印象 -对的 |
[06:42] | Gay adoptive parents with a minority baby? | 基佬养父母加上一个外籍宝宝 |
[06:44] | Sugars, you can get into any school you want. | 学校随你们挑 |
[06:48] | What was that? Really? | 什么 真的吗 |
[06:49] | Oh, you didn’t know that? | 你们不知道吗 |
[06:50] | oh, yeah. | 当然 |
[06:52] | All of these schools like to brag about their diversity. | 所有的学校都爱吹嘘自己的多样性 |
[06:55] | You’re diverse times three. | 你们简直是神奇三侠啊 |
[06:56] | In demand. | 绝对供不应求 |
[06:57] | You’re like Jimmy Buffett tickets | 你们简直就像热卖的音乐会门票 |
[06:59] | to these hybrid-driving, straight white folks. | 那些非同白人完全不是你们的对手 |
[07:02] | I hear that, girl. | 多谢夸奖 小妞 |
[07:04] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[07:09] | I’m coming! | 我来啦 别急 |
[07:14] | Where the hell is the dog? | 我家的狗在哪 |
[07:15] | -Who is it? -It’s our neighbor. | -是谁在敲门 -我们的邻居 |
[07:17] | The dog is gone. | 我家的狗不见了 |
[07:18] | Maybe it ran away. | 也许它自个跑走了 |
[07:19] | It was chained to a tree. | 有链子锁着呢 怎么跑 |
[07:20] | Maybe your wife took it. | 也许你老婆带走了 |
[07:22] | According to my credit card, my wife is in europe, | 根据我的信用卡账单 我老婆人在欧洲 |
[07:24] | searching for the world’s most expensive hotel. | 正在搜寻最豪华的酒店 |
[07:26] | Then what do you want from us? | 那关我们什么事 |
[07:27] | You come over complaining about the dog | 你来我家抱怨狗吵 |
[07:29] | And the next day it’s gone? | 然后第二天我家的狗就不见了 |
[07:30] | You tell me. | 你说我来干什么 |
[07:30] | -I’ll tell — -how dare you? | -我会… -居然敢来这里撒野 |
[07:32] | You come to our house, you ring our bell many times, | 你到我们家来 把我们家的门铃都要按爆了 |
[07:36] | And you accuse us of taking your dog. | 还指责我们绑了你的狗 |
[07:38] | You should go home. | 慢走不送 |
[07:39] | -We’re not done here. -Yes, we are. | -这事还没完呢 -不 已经说的很清楚了 |
[07:42] | What did you do? | 你到底做了什么 |
[07:44] | You don’t want to know. | 你肯定不想知道的 |
[07:47] | Gloria’s grandfather and uncles were butchers, | 歌洛莉亚的祖父和叔叔们都是屠夫 |
[07:49] | so she’s always had a certain comfort level | 所以一说到杀戮 |
[07:51] | when it comes to…Killing. | 她总是习以为常 |
[07:55] | One time, we had this rat… | 有一次 我们家闹耗子 |
[07:57] | What? First you smash it, | 首先拍烂它 |
[07:59] | then you cut the head off. | 然后砍断鼠头 |
[08:01] | It was like nothing to her. | 她就像孙二娘转世 |
[08:02] | I go to church now. | 我要去教堂了 |
[08:06] | She left the head out there | 她把鼠头留在那儿 |
[08:07] | To send a message to the other rats. | 杀一儆百 |
[08:10] | – Hey. – Hi, honey. | -嗨 -嗨 亲爱的 |
[08:11] | How was your day at work? | 今天工作顺利不 |
[08:12] | Amazing. Mwah. | 棒极了 |
[08:14] | Great. What happened? | 哇 说说看 |
[08:15] | Instead of wasting my lunch hour surfing the web, | 没有像平常那样 把午休时间浪费在上网啊 |
[08:17] | checking football stats, | 查足球动态啊之类的 |
[08:18] | I put on some mellow music, | 今天我在舒缓的音乐伴奏下 |
[08:20] | and I meditated. | 冥思静想 |
[08:21] | Wow. For how long? | 哇 坚持了多久 |
[08:23] | I have no idea. I just woke up 20 minutes ago. | 我也不知多久 反正我二十分钟前刚醒 |
[08:25] | Hey, mom. | 妈 |
[08:27] | I need a bar of soap and a black marker for an art project. | 我们美术课作业要用一块肥皂和一根黑色马克笔 |
[08:30] | Okay. Well, the marker’s over there, | 好的 马克笔在那儿 |
[08:32] | and the soap is under the sink. | 肥皂在水池下面 |
[08:35] | Isn’t it great how much time you have | 你看只要你不沉迷于网络 |
[08:36] | now that you’re not wasting it online? | 就能省出大把时间啊 |
[08:38] | Oh, my god. Is this what you always sound like? | 老天 你一直都这么说话吗 |
[08:41] | Look what I built, dad. Dunphy towers. | 老爸 看看我建了什么 邓菲之塔 |
[08:44] | 200 condos, a happy family in every one. | 二百间公寓 每间都住了一个幸福的家庭 |
[08:48] | Way to go, buddy. | 不错啊 小伙 |
[08:49] | I got to hand it to you, honey. | 亲爱的 我真佩服你 |
[08:51] | 24 hours without video games, | 24小时没玩游戏 |
[08:52] | he’s already contributing to society. | 他都开始造福社会了 |
[08:54] | Die! Die! | 去死吧 去死吧 |
[08:58] | To be fair, he’s using his imagination. | 老师说 他已经分不清梦境和现实了 |
[09:00] | There’s no fire escapes! | 没有安全出口 |
[09:01] | They cut corners! | 他们抄近路了 |
[09:03] | I’ll cut your corners! | 我来灭了你们 |
[09:09] | Hello? | 喂 |
[09:10] | Oh, hi. Luke, honey, it’s for you. | 哦 嗨 卢克小宝贝 找你的 |
[09:12] | Hi, Griffin. How are you? | 嗨 格里芬 你好吗 |
[09:14] | Yeah, he’s right here. Hold on. | 嗯 他在这儿 稍等 |
[09:17] | Hey, Griffin. | 喂 格里芬 |
[09:20] | – Oh, my God! – What happened? | -哦 天哪 -怎么了 |
[09:23] | There’s a parasailing-donkey video on Youtube. | Youtube上有个驴在水上滑翔的视频 |
[09:25] | Oh, my god! | 哦 天哪 |
[09:27] | Wait, Luke. What about the contest? | 等等 卢克 比赛怎么办 |
[09:29] | I quit. | 我退出 |
[09:30] | I’m not made of stone, you know. | 我可不是石头人 |
[09:32] | Uhh! I can’t believe it. | 恶 难以置信 |
[09:34] | I got a “B” on my paper. | 我论文居然拿了个”B” |
[09:36] | – Good for you. – Yeah. | -恭喜 -不错哦 |
[09:38] | No, it would be good for you. | 不 对你们来说可能不错 |
[09:39] | It’s terrible for me. | 对我简直糟糕透顶 |
[09:41] | Thanks to your moldy encyclopedias, | 多谢你那发了霉的百科全书 |
[09:43] | my take on mitosis was completely out of date. | 我对有丝分裂的描述完全过时了 |
[09:46] | They don’t even call it protoplasm anymore. | 甚至都没人用原生质这种说法了 |
[09:48] | It’s cytoplasm. | 现在都叫细胞质 |
[09:50] | Well, you could have asked one of us. | 你可以问我们的呀 |
[09:52] | Now you’re making jokes? | 你在搞笑吗 |
[09:53] | – I’m not making a joke. – Really? | -我没在搞笑 -真的吗 |
[09:55] | What’s the difference between a gamete and a zygote? | 生殖细胞和受精卵的区别是什么 |
[09:59] | Don’t fall for it, Claire. | 别上当 克莱尔 |
[10:00] | She’s just making up words. | 她瞎编了俩单词 |
[10:03] | That’s it. | 够了 |
[10:03] | I need the internet. | 我需要因特网 |
[10:05] | I’m out of your stupid contest. | 我退出你们的烂比赛 |
[10:14] | And then there were three. | 三强争霸 |
[10:23] | She’s kind of scary. | 她杀气十足 |
[10:24] | We’re not buying her a car. | 我们才不会给她买车 |
[10:31] | Hey, buddy, what you reading? | 小伙儿 看啥呢 |
[10:32] | “The old man and the sea.” | 《老人与海》 |
[10:35] | You like it? | 喜欢吗 |
[10:36] | I like that Hemingway gets to the point. | 我喜欢海明威的开门见山 |
[10:38] | You read a lot of his stuff? | 你读过他另外的作品啊 |
[10:40] | That was a hint, Jay. | 我是在暗示你有话就说 杰 |
[10:42] | Oh, okay. | 哦 明白 |
[10:45] | I want to ask you something… | 我想问你点事 |
[10:46] | between you and me. | 天知地知 你知我知 |
[10:48] | You want to know if I think my mom | 你想知道我妈有没有 |
[10:49] | did something to that dog. | 对那狗下毒手 |
[10:50] | – Yeah. – Sit. | -对 -坐 |
[10:55] | Don’t most kids drink soda? | 小孩一般都喝汽水的吧 |
[10:57] | Who knows what they do? | 谁管他们喝什么 |
[11:00] | So, your mom. | 回归正题 |
[11:02] | Jay, I’ve learned a few things in my 12 years. | 杰 这十二年来我学会了几件事 |
[11:06] | Don’t skimp on linens, | 亚麻衣服别买地摊货 |
[11:08] | don’t compliment a teacher on her figure, | 千万不要赞美老师的身材 |
[11:10] | and when it comes to my mom, | 至于我妈 |
[11:12] | never ask questions I don’t want the answers to. | 有些问题你还是别问了 我也不想知道答案 |
[11:14] | I don’t buy it. Sensitive kid like you. | 我才不信 你这么敏感的小孩儿 |
[11:17] | I think you want to know every bit as much as I do. | 肯定跟我一样 有打破沙锅探到底的精神 |
[11:19] | You’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[11:21] | Then why is your hand shaking? | 那你手怎么发抖了 |
[11:23] | This is my fifth one of these today. | 这是我今天第五杯咖啡 |
[11:25] | I may have a problem. | 我可能咖啡喝太多了 |
[11:26] | Okay. That’s enough. | 好吧 别喝了 |
[11:29] | No, no, no, 4:00 tomorrow is fine. | 不不不 明天下午四点非常好 |
[11:32] | Yeah, my life partner and I will see you then. | 好的 那么我和我的伴侣与您到时见 |
[11:34] | Thank — thank you. | 谢谢您 |
[11:35] | Since when do you call me your life partner? | 什么时候起你开始管我叫伴侣了 |
[11:37] | Since a spot opened up at Billingsley Academy. | 从我们拿到了比林斯利学园的面试名额起 |
[11:40] | But I liked Wagon Wheel. It had all the duckies. | 但我喜欢沃根威尔 那里有好多小鸭鸭 |
[11:43] | And it reminded me of where I went in Missouri. | 这让我回忆起我在密苏里童年时光 |
[11:45] | Cam, everyone goes to Billingsley for a reason — | 小卡 比林斯利可不是浪得虚名 |
[11:48] | It’s the Harvard of preschools. | 它就相当于学前班中的哈佛 |
[11:49] | She’s not even 2 years old yet. | 她还不到两岁呢 |
[11:51] | She doesn’t need the Harvard of Preschools. | 她不需要什么哈佛学前班 |
[11:54] | She needs finger painting and duckies. | 她需要的是手指画和小鸭鸭 |
[11:56] | I’m begging you to please just say “Ducks.” | 我求你了 你就不能说”鸭子”吗 |
[12:00] | Hello? | 喂 |
[12:01] | Great news. Wagon Wheel loved you. | 好消息 沃根威尔很欣赏你们 |
[12:03] | – You’re in. – Oh. | -你们进了 -哦 |
[12:05] | Wagon Wheel wants us. | 沃根威尔要咱们 |
[12:06] | Oh, yes! | 哦 太棒了 |
[12:07] | Okay. Well, that’s great and everything, | 这真是个好消息 |
[12:08] | but actually we have an appointment tomorrow | 不过我们明天还要去赶另一个入学面试 |
[12:10] | – At Billingsley. – Really? | -比林斯利小学 -真的吗 |
[12:12] | Yeah, apparently we are in very high demand. | 没错 显然我们很抢手 |
[12:15] | Oh, well, just so you know, I don’t think Wagon Wheel | 只是要你知道 我觉得沃根威尔 |
[12:17] | is gonna hold a place for you. | 不会给你们当备胎 |
[12:19] | Well, I think we’re gonna take our chance. | 我觉得我们这回得碰碰运气 |
[12:21] | Take our chance? That sounds chancy. | 碰运气 听起来真不靠谱 |
[12:22] | You know, Mitchell, | 米奇尔 |
[12:23] | you were the one who called me in a panic. | 是你惊慌失措地给我打电话 |
[12:25] | You were the one who needed me to get you in. | 是你叫我帮忙报上名 |
[12:27] | I’m sorry, Claire. | 我很抱歉 克莱尔 |
[12:29] | I didn’t mean to put you out. | 我不是有意麻烦你的 |
[12:29] | But let’s not get too dramatic here. | 但你也别说得这么夸张 |
[12:30] | You wrote an e-mail. | 不过就是写了封邮件而已 |
[12:32] | It wasn’t an e-mail. | 这不是封邮件 |
[12:33] | It was a phone call from a land line. | 是一通有线电话 |
[12:40] | What did you do? | 你做了什么 |
[12:41] | – What’s best for Lily. – Did you? | -是为莉莉好 -是吗 |
[12:43] | Cam, this is the first time that being gay | 小卡 这是我们作为基佬头一回 |
[12:45] | is a competitive advantage. | 享受到竞争优势 |
[12:46] | They’re choosing teams for gym class, | 他们体操班正在招人 |
[12:48] | and we’re finally getting picked first. | 我们终于能首批入选 |
[12:49] | I always got picked first. | 我一直都是最先被选上 |
[12:50] | I could throw a dodgeball through a piece of plywood. | 因为我能用躲避球砸穿一层夹板 |
[12:53] | But I see your point. | 不过我懂你意思 |
[13:20] | Don’t sneak up on me like that. | 别像鬼一样靠近我 |
[13:22] | What are you doing out here? | 你出来这儿干什么 |
[13:23] | You got in my head about my mom. | 你来问我妈的事搞得我头都大了 |
[13:25] | Is that the rat shovel? | 这就是杀鼠之铲吗 |
[13:27] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[13:29] | Are you checking it for signs of dog? | 你在找狗狗的线索吗 |
[13:31] | I was going to. | 我正准备检查 |
[13:33] | Well, let’s do this quick. | 我们速战速决 |
[13:34] | If she catches us, | 要是被她抓住的话 |
[13:35] | we’re as dead as that dog probably is. | 我们就跟这狗一样死定了 |
[13:41] | – What are you doing here? – Nothing. | -你们在这儿干嘛呢 -什么也没干 |
[13:43] | Why are you looking at that shovel? | 你们干嘛看这个铲子 |
[13:45] | Do you think someone | 你觉得有人 |
[13:46] | did something with that shovel, Manny? | 用这铲子干了什么事吗 曼尼 |
[13:51] | He thinks you killed the dog. | 他认为是你杀了那只狗 |
[13:52] | You little rat. | 你这鼠辈 |
[13:53] | Don’t call me a rat! | 别叫我老鼠 |
[13:55] | She kills rats! | 她是灭鼠天后 |
[14:05] | You really think that I would kill a dog? | 你真的认为是我杀了那只狗吗 |
[14:06] | Well, what was I supposed to think? | 那我该怎么想 |
[14:08] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:09] | How about I didn’t kill a dog? | 我没杀那只狗怎么样 |
[14:10] | Just tell me what you did with it. | 那就告诉我你把它怎么了 |
[14:13] | He’s in a better place. | 他去了一个更好的地方 |
[14:14] | That’s what people say when something’s dead. | 人们说什么东西死了的时候都这么说 |
[14:16] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[14:17] | I took him to a farm | 我把它带去了一个农场 |
[14:18] | where he has plenty of room to run. | 那里地方很大任由它玩耍 |
[14:20] | That’s the second thing people say when something’s dead. | 人们说什么东西死了的第二种表述方式 |
[14:24] | My hairdresser’s brother has three kids. | 我专属美发师的兄弟有三个孩子 |
[14:26] | They live in the country. | 他们住在乡下 |
[14:27] | They were so happy to have the dog | 他们很高兴拥有这只狗 |
[14:29] | that they gave me a jar of pickles. | 还送给我们一瓶咸菜 |
[14:31] | Is that also what they say when something is dead? | 这也是人们说什么东西死了的一种方式吗 |
[14:33] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[14:36] | Look. Look how happy they are, | 看 看看他们多么开心 |
[14:38] | instead of him being tied to a tree outside | 而不是在这儿孤零零地 |
[14:40] | with no one to talk to. | 被绑在外面的树上 |
[14:42] | Why didn’t you just tell me this in the first place? | 你怎么不一开始告诉我这些 |
[14:44] | Like you would be okay with me stealing a dog? | 就好像你不在意我偷一只狗似的 |
[14:46] | – No. – Exactly. | -当然不行 -就是这样 |
[14:47] | That’s why I didn’t tell you. | 这就是我不告诉你的原因 |
[14:49] | Now the dog is happy, Manny can sleep, | 现在狗狗开心 曼尼能安心睡觉 |
[14:51] | and we have pickles. | 而我们还有咸菜吃 |
[14:52] | Okay, it worked out this time, | 好的 这次的事就这么算了 |
[14:54] | but don’t forget that stealing is against the law. | 不过别忘了偷窃是违法的 |
[14:56] | – Now, maybe in Colombia. – Ah, here we go, | -也许在哥伦比亚 -又来了 |
[14:58] | because in Colombia we trip over goats | 因为在哥伦比亚我们会被羊绊倒 |
[15:00] | and we kill people in the street. | 我们当街杀人 |
[15:02] | Do you know how offensive that is? | 你知道这有多伤人吗 |
[15:04] | Like we are Peruvians! | 就好像我们是秘鲁人似的 |
[15:10] | The contest was hard. | 这比赛太难熬了 |
[15:12] | Reservations. | 预定 |
[15:14] | Even though we had sworn off the internet, | 虽然我们发誓断绝网络 |
[15:16] | the rest of the world hadn’t. | 但是外面的人没有 |
[15:17] | Orlando. | 奥兰多 |
[15:18] | Domestic. | 国内的 |
[15:23] | Representative. | 代理人 |
[15:25] | Representative! | 代理人 |
[15:26] | Representative! Representative! | 代理人 代理人 |
[15:35] | You’ve got mail. | 你有一封邮件 |
[15:43] | – Really, Claire? – You don’t understand. | -真的假的 克莱尔 -你不明白 |
[15:45] | I was trying to deal with our plane tickets | 我正试着买机票 |
[15:47] | to visit your family. | 去拜访你的家人 |
[15:48] | Please stop. You’re just embarrassing yourself. | 别说了 你这是自找难堪 |
[15:50] | Well, it looks like it’s just you and me, old man. | 巅峰对决 老头 |
[15:52] | Bring it. | 放马过来吧 |
[15:58] | And finally, here we are back at the office. | 终于 我们逛回办公室了 |
[16:01] | If you two would like to take a seat, | 你们如果愿意坐一会的话 |
[16:02] | I will let Mr. Plympton know that you’re here. | 我这就去通知普林普顿先生说你们到了 |
[16:04] | – Thank you. – Yes, thank you. | -谢谢你 -好的 谢谢你 |
[16:08] | This place is amazing! | 这地方太赞了 |
[16:10] | I told you. | 我早就告诉你了 |
[16:11] | It’s like Hogwarts! | 就像霍格沃茨一样 |
[16:12] | The ladybug sanctuary. | 瓢虫避难所 |
[16:14] | Oh, my gosh. The little cobblestones. | 我的天啊 还有那些小鹅卵石 |
[16:16] | So sweet. I know. | 太可爱了 我知道 |
[16:17] | Screw the duckies. We belong here. | 去他的鸭鸭吧 我们属于这里 |
[16:19] | Do you think they’re gonna let us in? | 你觉得他们会收我们吗 |
[16:21] | Cam, relax. | 小卡 放松一下 |
[16:22] | We’re queer, we’re here. | 基佬就是好 学校任我挑 |
[16:23] | Yes, we are. | 没错 对极了 |
[16:24] | Okay. Just a few more minutes. | 好了 再等几分钟 |
[16:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:27] | Yes, thank you. | 是的 谢谢 |
[16:29] | Hi. I’m Stephanie Kaner. | 你好 我是斯蒂芬妮·卡莱尔 |
[16:32] | And this is Javar. | 这是加佛 |
[16:33] | We have an interview with Mr. Plympton. | 我们和普林普顿先生约好有个面试 |
[16:35] | Wonderful. These two are first. You’ll be next. | 真好 这两位先来 你是下一个 |
[16:37] | Single white mother, black child. | 单身白人母亲 黑人小孩 |
[16:39] | So what? | 那又怎样 |
[16:39] | Lily’s asian. We’re gay. | 莉莉是亚洲宝宝 我们是基佬 |
[16:40] | In the school admissions poker game, | 在这场入学扑克赛中 |
[16:42] | we’re the winning hand. | 我们可是一手好牌 |
[16:44] | Oh, honey, sorry. | 亲爱的 不好意思 |
[16:45] | My partner Kavita. | 这是我的伴侣卡维塔 |
[16:47] | Hi. Nice to meet you. | 你好 很高兴见到你 |
[16:48] | Hello. Nice to meet you. | 你好 很高兴见到你 |
[16:49] | It will be just a few minutes. | 再等几分钟 |
[16:51] | Disabled interracial lesbians with an african kicker. | 跨种族的残疾拉拉带着一个非洲娃娃 |
[16:55] | Did not see that coming. | 始料未及 |
[16:58] | It’s been a while since I read an actual newspaper. | 我已经有段时间没看纸质报纸了 |
[17:01] | Miss that sound. | 真怀念那声音啊 |
[17:07] | – No, no, no, no! – What is it? | -不会吧 不会吧 -怎么啦 |
[17:10] | Brady’s injured. | 布拉德受伤了 |
[17:11] | No! He’s my whole team. | 别这样啊 他是整支队伍的灵魂人物 |
[17:13] | I have to change my roster. | 看来我得修改队员名单了 |
[17:14] | Honey, if you can’t do it over the phone, | 亲爱的 如果你在电话上不能搞定的话 |
[17:16] | You can’t do it, because we’re not buying Haley a car. | 这事你就搞不定了 我们可不会为海莉买车 |
[17:18] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -也是噢 -你明白就好 |
[17:19] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[17:20] | Well… | 那么 |
[17:22] | Well, I’m just gonna go to the bathroom. | 我还是去浴室待着好了 |
[17:30] | Phil Dunphy, don’t you even dream of it. | 菲尔·邓菲 你休想这样做 |
[17:32] | Claire, all my friends are in that league. | 克莱尔 我所有的朋友都在那个联赛里 |
[17:33] | – I’m gonna like an idiot. – So what? | -别人会以为我傻呢 -那又怎么样 |
[17:35] | So I paid a huge entrance fee. | 我可是支付了高额的入会费 |
[17:37] | – How huge? – Not huge. Tiny. | -有多高额 -也不是很高 一点点而已 |
[17:41] | Oh, my goodness. How is she not cracking up there? | 我的天哪 什么事情把她乐成这样 |
[17:44] | Listen to her. | 瞧她乐的 |
[17:46] | No, I know, but do you know? | 不 我知道 不过你知道吗 |
[17:48] | Wait a minute. She’s alone. | 等等 她一个人待着呢 |
[17:49] | So? | 然后呢 |
[17:51] | She’s alone. | 她一个人待着呢 |
[17:53] | Oh, my god. | 娘亲噢 |
[17:57] | I know. You should see her pants. | 我知道 你真该看看她的短裤 |
[17:59] | I’ll text it to you. | 我用彩信发给你好了 |
[18:01] | Oh, wait. Okay. Hold on. I’ll send it. | 好的 等等 别挂 我会发给你的 |
[18:04] | Ha! Aha! Aha! Busted! | 噢耶 被逮着了吧 |
[18:08] | Sophie, I have to call you back. | 索菲 我等会儿再打给你 |
[18:10] | I knew it. I knew you couldn’t do it. | 我就知道 我就知道你没法做到 |
[18:12] | I told you I’d outlast them. | 我告诉你我肯定笑到最后 |
[18:13] | – This sucks! – What’s going on? | -真没劲 -这是怎么了 |
[18:15] | I’ll tell you what’s going on. | 我来告诉你这是怎么了 |
[18:17] | I win. | 爷赢了 |
[18:18] | Nobody gets a car, I dump Tom Brady, | 汽车泡汤了 我得把汤姆·布拉德抛售了 |
[18:22] | and our long amish nightmare is over. | 长时间困扰我们的噩梦终结了 |
[18:25] | I can’t believe you thought | 我真的不敢相信 |
[18:26] | you were gonna put one over on us. | 你居然以为能战胜我们 |
[18:28] | I can’t believe | 我也不敢相信 |
[18:29] | that he’s actually already on the internet. | 他居然已经在上网了 |
[18:32] | Believe it, girl. | 认栽吧 孩子 |
[18:33] | – So, you’re actually online right now? – Yep. | -你现在真的在上网吗 -是滴 |
[18:37] | Well, then I hate to break it to you, daddy, | 很好 那我不得不很遗憾地告诉你 老爹 |
[18:39] | but you lose. | 你输了 |
[18:43] | – What? – What? | -什么 -什么 |
[18:44] | This isn’t my phone. | 这才不是我的手机呢 |
[18:45] | I carved it out of a bar of soap | 是我用一块肥皂刻成的 |
[18:47] | and colored it in with a marker. | 然后又用记号笔给它上色 |
[18:50] | Phil, she carved a telephone out of a bar of soap. | 菲尔 她居然用一块肥皂刻了部手机出来 |
[18:54] | I can’t believe it! I’m getting a car! | 太激动鸟 我就要有车啦 |
[18:57] | Holy crap. We’ve been shawshanked. | 真扯淡 我们居然被忽悠了一把 |
[19:03] | Sorry about the delay. | 抱歉来晚了 |
[19:04] | I was going over the plans for our new dance studio. | 因为新舞蹈室的规划一事耽误了 |
[19:07] | Wow. | 真棒 |
[19:09] | So, tell me about yourselves. | 那么 你们先自我介绍下吧 |
[19:10] | Uh, well, I’m a lawyer. | 好的 我是一名律师 |
[19:14] | Many of our applicants are attorneys. | 我们的申请人中有很多律师 |
[19:16] | Of course. | 当然 |
[19:17] | What sets you apart? | 你有什么出众的地方吗 |
[19:18] | Um, well, I — | 我 我 |
[19:20] | While my white-man name is Tucker, | 我的白人名字叫塔克 |
[19:23] | I am 1/16 Cherokee. | 我有16分之一的彻罗基族血统 |
[19:26] | Ready for child to soar like eagle. | 期望着孩子像雄鹰一般展翅高飞 |
[19:31] | Oh, god. | 我的天呐 |
[19:33] | So, what are you saying? | 你们是怎么个说法 |
[19:37] | You’re not getting a car. | 你得不到汽车 |
[19:39] | But I won. | 但是我赢了啊 |
[19:39] | Yes, but we never thought you would. | 是的 但是我们之前从未想过你居然会赢 |
[19:41] | So? | 然后呢 |
[19:42] | So, congratulations on your victory. | 然后 恭喜你的胜利 |
[19:47] | So true. Mm-hmm. | 言之有理 |
[19:48] | But I spent two days in my room | 可是我在房间里 |
[19:50] | talking to a bar of soap. | 对着块肥皂自言自语了两天啊 |
[19:52] | It’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
[19:53] | It’s totally not fair. | 一点都不公平 |
[19:55] | We’re outraged. | 我们也义愤填膺 |
[19:56] | Bad parenting. | 我们不是好父母 |
[19:58] | But we had a deal. | 可我们之前说好的啊 |
[19:59] | Which, in hindsight, was utter nonsense. | 事后诸葛亮 事前猪一样 |
[20:03] | Hey. | 你们好啊 |
[20:04] | We hated Billingsley. | 我们讨厌比林斯利 |
[20:05] | The place is so stupid. Ugh! | 那地方简直愚蠢至极 |
[20:07] | You blew the interview, didn’t you? | 面试泡汤的是吧 |
[20:09] | Lesbians. | 杀出一对拉拉 |
[20:11] | In a wheelchair. | 其中一个还坐轮椅 |
[20:12] | Oh. | 不会吧 |
[20:18] | You still mad at me? | 你还生我气呢 |
[20:19] | You tell me. | 你说呢 |
[20:22] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[20:22] | I’ve been thinking if you said as much about America | 我在想 我一直在诋毁哥伦比亚 |
[20:24] | as I said about Colombia, I’d be plenty ticked off. | 如果你也像我那样诋毁美国 我早就气冒烟了 |
[20:27] | Doesn’t make up for everything, but… | 这弥补不了什么 只是 |
[20:29] | A trip to Colombia? | 去哥伦比亚的旅行 |
[20:30] | I want to see your village, learn your culture. | 我想看看你们的村庄 学习下你们的文化 |
[20:32] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[20:33] | I’m sure I’m gonna love where you come from. | 毫无疑问无论你来自哪里我都爱你 |
[20:35] | Aw, Jay. Thank you, thank you, thank you. | 杰 谢谢 谢谢 谢谢 |
[20:40] | No way he’s going to my village. | 他想去我的村庄 没门 |
[20:42] | I was in two car accidents when I was living there. | 我住在那的时候出过两次车祸 |
[20:45] | Both times I hit a goat. | 两次都是撞上了一只山羊 |
[20:47] | One was hurt pretty bad. | 其中一次还伤得挺重 |
[20:48] | But it was a good thing I had a shovel in the trunk. | 不过好在我后备箱里放着把铲子 |
[20:56] | The tribe builter fortold that | 族长预言过 |
[20:57] | though I lay with fire-haired man, | 虽然我会与金毛男结合 |
[21:01] | the giving hawk would bring us baby | 送子雄鹰会给我们 |
[21:06] | with her skin the color of sweet corn, | 玉米色肌肤的孩子 |
[21:09] | which my people call maize. | 我们的族人称之为黄金之子 |
[21:13] | Please stop. | 快别说了 |
[21:14] | Well, um… | 好吧 |
[21:16] | Knowledge is her sustenance, | 知识就是她的养料 |
[21:19] | like so much maize — | 就像那么多的玉米 |
[21:21] | which, you’ll remember, means “Corn.” | 玉米这个词你应该记得住吧 |
[21:26] | What if I was a single dad? | 如果我是个单身父亲呢 |