时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Okay, let’s see… | 好 我看看… |
[00:02] | Oh, could, you grab me an extra virgin… | 帮我去拿一瓶特级初榨[处女] |
[00:04] | I think one’s enough for the sacrifice. | 我觉得有一个作为祭品就够了 |
[00:06] | Olive oil, Phil. | 橄榄油 菲尔 |
[00:07] | Come on. That’s funny. | 笑一个 多逗啊 |
[00:08] | Oh, it’s funnier than your freestyle “Sandwich rap.” | 确实比你的三明治说唱好笑 |
[00:11] | Girl, you crazy. | 姑娘 你个疯子 |
[00:13] | I’m mad fun to shop with. | 跟我一起购物最有趣了 |
[00:16] | Trapped in between two whole wheat slices. | 徘徊在两个全麦面粉货架之间 |
[00:18] | Pastrami and swiss are my only vices. | 唯五香熏牛肉和芝士与我相伴 |
[00:22] | Sweetie, my shoe. Come on. Jesus. God. | 亲爱的 我的鞋 看着点 真是的 |
[00:25] | Hello. | 你好 |
[00:25] | Hi. | 你好 |
[00:26] | Oh, roadblock. | 路障 |
[00:27] | – Beep beep! – Pardon me. | -哔哔哔 -不好意思 |
[00:31] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[00:33] | Actually, not okay. | 事实上 有事 |
[00:36] | Not okay. | 事儿大了 |
[00:37] | Honey, did you pull from the bottom again? | 亲爱的 你是不是又从底下抽罐头了 |
[00:42] | So after hors d’oeuvres, | 开胃菜之后 |
[00:44] | We’ll bring everyone in here to share the news. | 我们把大家召集到客厅宣布这个消息 |
[00:47] | We’re having the family over tomorrow night | 我们叫全家人明晚过来聚餐 |
[00:49] | to tell them we’re planning on adopting a new baby. | 告诉大家我们打算再收养一个小孩 |
[00:51] | Yes, and we both agreed | 是的 而且我们都同意 |
[00:53] | to–to go a little more low-key with the announcement this time. | 这次选择低调一点的方式宣布这个消息 |
[00:55] | *Let’s hear it for the boy …* | *来听听爱子的声音吧* |
[01:00] | Okay, just to be clear, this is low-key? | 我就问问清楚 这是低调吗 |
[01:03] | It’s a banner | 就一条横幅 |
[01:04] | And just some light musical accompaniment, Mitchell. | 还有些轻音乐伴奏 米奇尔 |
[01:06] | I don’t have a lower key. | 我不能再低调了 |
[01:07] | Besides, this is a happy occasion. | 再说了 这是个欢乐的场合 |
[01:09] | Am I right, lily? | 对吧 莉莉 |
[01:10] | Aren’t you excited to get a new baby brother? | 你马上就有个弟弟了 是不是很开心 |
[01:12] | No! I hate the baby! | 不 我讨厌宝宝 |
[01:16] | We are having a slight issue | 我们遇到了一点小问题 |
[01:18] | getting Lily on board with the adoption. | 暂时尚未说服莉莉同意我们收养个儿子 |
[01:20] | “I hate the baby.” | “我讨厌宝宝” |
[01:21] | “No new baby.” | “不要新宝宝” |
[01:22] | “I wanna make the baby dead.” | “我想弄死那宝宝” |
[01:23] | I thought we weren’t gonna share that one. | 我们不是说好了不提这句的吗 |
[01:26] | I-I-I just hope that the problem is | 我 我 我只是希望问题出在 |
[01:29] | she hasn’t spent much time with any babies. | 她只是跟其他小孩相处太少了 |
[01:30] | So we thought it would be a great idea | 所以我们想了个好主意 |
[01:32] | to show her how much fun it’ll be to have one around. | 如果有个孩子陪着她 她就会知道多有乐趣了 |
[01:35] | oh, he is so cute! | 他真可爱 |
[01:37] | Yeah, and he never cries. | 是的 他从不哭闹 |
[01:39] | Literally never. It’s actually a little weird. | 真的是没哭过 真是有点怪了 |
[01:41] | Oh, no, that’s not weird. | 不 这没什么 |
[01:42] | My sister was born with a full set of teeth. | 我姐姐出生时全部牙齿已经长齐了 |
[01:45] | Yeah, that never happened. | 乱说的 没那回事 |
[01:46] | No? Really? You should’ve seen her crib. | 没 你不信 你该看看她的婴儿床 |
[01:47] | It looked like beavers lived there. | 就像是海狸睡过 被咬的乱七八糟 |
[01:49] | Oh, is this Lily? | 这是莉莉吗 |
[01:50] | oh, yes, it is. Hey, honey. Say hi to the baby. | 对 是她 亲爱的 跟小家伙问好 |
[01:54] | My daddy! | 这是我爸爸 |
[01:56] | Okay, so that’s one problem solved. | 起码小孩儿不哭的问题是解决了 |
[02:12] | Bye! See you soon! | 再见 再见 |
[02:15] | Or never. | 或者再也不见 |
[02:16] | Cam, I’m a little freaked out about what Lily did. | 小卡 我有点被莉莉的举动吓坏了 |
[02:18] | Oh, please. She barely touched him, | 想太多了 她都没怎么碰到他 |
[02:20] | And he went from zero to big crybaby. | 他就毫无缘由地大哭大闹 |
[02:22] | We’re talking about bringing another child into this house. | 我们现在是要让这个家多个小成员 |
[02:24] | How’s that gonna work with Lily being so possessive of you? | 莉莉对你的占有欲这么强怎么能行 |
[02:28] | Why am I hearing an accusatory tone? | 我怎么听到指责的语气 |
[02:30] | Oh, come on. You have to admit that you do coddle her. | 拜托 你得承认你对他过于溺爱了 |
[02:33] | I will not apologize for loving our daughter. | 我不会为爱我们的女儿而道歉 |
[02:35] | I’m not criticizing. | 我不是在批评你 |
[02:37] | I’m not only criticizing, | 我不只是在批评你 |
[02:39] | But we did talk about giving Lily a little more independence. | 我的意思是我们要让莉莉更独立一些 |
[02:41] | Yeah, which is why we put her in preschool. | 没错 所以我们才把她送去幼儿园的啊 |
[02:44] | Yes, but you can’t bear to leave her there. | 对 但你却舍不得把她留在那儿 |
[02:45] | You always pick her up early. | 你总是早早地去接她 |
[02:46] | That is ridiculous. | 没有的事 |
[02:47] | Okay. Okay. | 好 好 |
[02:48] | Lily, honey, | 莉莉 亲爱的 |
[02:50] | Did daddy pick you up early from preschool today? | 今天爸爸提前去幼儿园接你了吗 |
[02:53] | No. | 没有 |
[02:54] | Case closed. | “就此结案” |
[02:55] | We didn’t go. | 我根本没去上学 |
[02:57] | Case opened. | “重新立案” |
[02:58] | We went shopping. | 我们去购物了 |
[02:59] | That’s enough. | 好了好了 |
[03:01] | We bought matchy hats. | 我们买了父女帽 |
[03:02] | you are going to your room. | 你得回房去了 |
[03:05] | You’re both going to her room. | 你也跟进去干嘛 |
[03:07] | Do we spend a lot of time together? Yes. | 我们常常黏在一起吗 是的 |
[03:09] | Do we have a special bond? Absolutely. | 我们父女感情甚密吗 当然 |
[03:11] | But do I coddle her more than any other loving parent? | 但说我过于溺爱她 远超过其他慈母仁父 |
[03:29] | It’s possible. | 也许是吧 |
[03:31] | And for Lily’s sake, I should probably work on that. | 为了莉莉 我应该少一点溺爱 |
[03:34] | No, you calm down! | 不 你给我冷静 |
[03:36] | This is how I talk when somebody accuses my Manny of stealing. | 有人指责我的曼尼偷东西我就这样说话 |
[03:39] | – Who is that? – It’s the principal. | -是谁 -是校长 |
[03:40] | He’s saying that Manny stole some girl’s locket. | 他说曼尼偷了个什么女生的小吊坠 |
[03:43] | What, do you think that all colombians are criminals, | 你以为所有的哥伦比亚人都是罪犯 |
[03:46] | because a colombian necktie | 因为哥伦比亚领带 |
[03:47] | is a symbol of violence all over the world? | 在全球都是暴力的标志吗 |
[03:51] | No, no, I’m not threatening you. | 不不 我不是在恐吓你 |
[03:53] | Okay. Apology accepted. | 好的 我接受你的道歉 |
[03:56] | No, I didn’t mean anything about the necktie. | 没有 我提到领带并没有什么特殊意思 |
[03:57] | I just–I was trying to make a point. | 我只是 我只是随便举个例子说说 |
[04:08] | Could you “L.” a little less “O.L.” | 你能不能笑得不那么大声 |
[04:10] | Don’t you see what I’m trying to do here? | 你没看见我在干嘛吗 |
[04:12] | Die alone? | 孤独地死去吗 |
[04:13] | Girls, dinner! | 姑娘们 吃饭了 |
[04:15] | You know, why does Luke get his own room, | 为什么卢克有自己的房间 |
[04:16] | and I still have to share with you? I can’t take it anymore. | 我却要和你住一间 我再也受不了了 |
[04:19] | Me either, even if it is just for one more year… | 我也是 即使只还有一年而已 |
[04:22] | when I leave for college. | 到时我就去读大学 |
[04:23] | It is one more year or when you leave for college? | 是确定只忍受一年 还是等你上大学的时候 |
[04:25] | Because those happen to be two different things. | 那完全两码事 能不能上大学还不一定呢 |
[04:29] | So I hear this little voice coming from the cans | 我听到罐头堆中传来个小声音 |
[04:31] | And it’s like… | 好像是在喊 |
[04:32] | “Help! I fell in the peaches!” | “救救我 我被桃子淹没了” |
[04:35] | that’s mom! | 太是妈妈的风格了 |
[04:37] | – Hilarious! – So hilarious. | -太欢乐了 -绝对欢乐 |
[04:38] | I’m like, “Claire?” | 我想着 是克莱尔在喊吗 |
[04:39] | You might wanna tell them that it was you | 也许你该告诉他们 |
[04:41] | Who pushed me into the peaches in the first place. | 是你把我推过去的 |
[04:43] | This again? I wasn’t even near you. | 又来了 我当时几乎都没靠近你 |
[04:45] | Yes, you were! You knocked me with the cart. | 不 你就在我旁边 你把我撞到推车上 |
[04:47] | It was completely your fault. | 那完完全全是你的错 |
[04:49] | Well, let’s just agree to disagree. | 让我们求同存异行吗 |
[04:51] | No. I-I disagree to disagree. | 不行 我现在全是”异见” |
[04:54] | Then you agree. | 负负得正了 |
[04:56] | No. No, I don’t, because I’m right. | 不 不 没有 我是对的 |
[05:00] | Okay, claire. You’re right. | 好吧 克莱尔 你是对的 |
[05:03] | as usual. | 一如往常 |
[05:04] | – No, I am right. – like always. | -不 我就是对的 -一直都是 |
[05:06] | Stop it. When I am wrong, I admit it. | 行了 如果我真错了 我会承认的 |
[05:08] | which is never. | 从未发生 |
[05:09] | Fine. Fine. | 好吧 好吧 |
[05:16] | You’re a little jumpy tonight, Manny. Anything wrong? | 你今晚有点不正常啊 曼尼 出什么事了吗 |
[05:18] | No. Well, I’m just gonna– | 没有 我刚想 |
[05:20] | Have a seat, kid. | 孩子 坐下 |
[05:23] | You know, maybe it’s me, | 也许是我的错觉 |
[05:24] | But I thought you were kinda squirrelly tonight, you know, | 但我感觉你今天有点古怪 |
[05:27] | Before when your mom was on the phone with the principal. | 在你妈妈接到校长电话之前 |
[05:31] | Almost like you wanted to say something… | 我感觉你好像想说些什么 |
[05:33] | but you just couldn’t. | 但你却说不出口 |
[05:36] | anything you wanna say now, Manny? | 现在有什么想说的吗 曼尼 |
[05:40] | No. I have nothing to say. | 没有 我没什么好说的 |
[05:42] | You sure about that? | 你确定 |
[05:43] | Think real hard. | 好好想想 |
[05:49] | Could I get a glass of water? | 我能喝杯水吗 |
[05:51] | That girl’s locket– you took it, didn’t you? | 那个姑娘的小吊坠 是你拿的 对吧 |
[05:54] | – Didn’t you? – Yes.Yes, I took it. | -对不对 -是的 是我拿的 |
[05:58] | – I didn’t mean to. – I don’t wanna hear any excuses. | -我不是故意的 -我不想听你的借口 |
[06:00] | You’re gonna tell your mom, and you’re gonna set this right. | 你去告诉你妈妈 然后把问题解决了 |
[06:03] | Do you understand? | 明白了吗 |
[06:05] | All right, get out of here. | 好的 走吧 |
[06:07] | Just one more thing. | 还有一件事 |
[06:10] | You’re not, um… | 你没有… |
[06:13] | You’re not wearing that locket, are you? | 你偷那个吊坠不是为了自己戴吧 |
[06:15] | No. Of course not. | 没有 当然没有 |
[06:16] | It’s a girl’s. Why would I want to wear it? | 那是女孩戴的 我干嘛要戴 |
[06:19] | It’s no reason. | 我就随口一问 |
[06:26] | Mom, hurry up! I don’t want to be late for school. | 妈妈 快点 我不想迟到 |
[06:30] | You didn’t tell her,did you? | 你没告诉她是吧 |
[06:33] | What’s the hurry this morning? | 为什么今早这么着急 |
[06:39] | Okay, what’s with the looks? | 你们爷俩的表情是怎么回事 |
[06:40] | It’s like a silent movie in here. Okay. | 就像在看默片一样 |
[06:42] | I was walking behind this girl Alicia, who’s moving away, | 我跟在一个叫阿丽莎的姑娘后面 她要搬家了 |
[06:45] | And I was working up the courage to get her new address | 我好不容易鼓起勇气想要她的新地址 |
[06:48] | So I can write her. | 这样我就能给他写信了 |
[06:49] | I express myself a lot better on paper than– | 我比较擅长用文字表达自己 |
[06:51] | Ticktock, kid. | 别太忽悠 孩子 |
[06:52] | Well, she dropped her locket, and I picked it up, | 好吧 她的吊坠掉了 然后我就捡起来了 |
[06:55] | But she kept walking, and I… | 但是她一直在走 我 |
[06:58] | You stole the locket. | 你偷了吊坠 |
[07:01] | After I told the principal | 我还告诉校长 |
[07:02] | That you could have never done something like that, | 你绝不会做出这样的事情 |
[07:04] | And I threaten him with the colombian necktie! | 我还用哥伦比亚领带威胁他 |
[07:06] | Manny, why? | 为什么 曼尼 |
[07:08] | Don’t worry. It wasn’t ’cause he wanted to wear it. | 别担心 他偷来不是因为自己想戴 |
[07:11] | I thought I could keep it as something to remember her by. | 我只是想留个纪念 |
[07:14] | But then you were yelling at Mr. Vickers, | 但是后来你冲着维克斯老师大喊 |
[07:16] | And I-I was just too scared to tell you. | 我就不敢告诉你了 |
[07:18] | Go to the car. | 上车 |
[07:19] | – I’m really sorry. – Go. | -我真的很抱歉 -快去 |
[07:23] | Why would he do something like that? | 他怎么会做出这样的事 |
[07:25] | It’s bad enough that he’s the boy | 他已经够怪异的了 |
[07:27] | with the pan flute and the puffy shirts and–and the poems. | 爱吹排笛 穿大码衫 没事儿就吟诗作对 |
[07:30] | Now he’s the jewelry thief. | 现在还成了珠宝大盗 |
[07:32] | Might be an upgrade. | 已经算上升个等级了 |
[07:33] | Ay, Jay, this is not funny. | 杰 这可不好笑 |
[07:35] | Those things stick to you. | 这种污点终生都洗不掉啊 |
[07:37] | My cousin Rosa Marina– | 我表妹洛萨·玛丽娜 |
[07:38] | When she was 14, she stole something, and after that, | 她14岁的时候 偷了东西 从那之后 |
[07:40] | Everybody thinks of her as the girl who steals cars. | 所有人都把她当成是偷车贼 |
[07:44] | She stole a car? | 她偷了一辆车 |
[07:45] | Cars. | 不止一辆 |
[07:46] | But after she got that label, what else could she do? | 但她一旦被贴上那样的标签 她还能干什么呢 |
[07:49] | Listen, you can’t control what kids think, | 听着 你不能控制孩子的想法 |
[07:51] | But you can make sure he learns from this. | 但是你能让他从这次的事件中得到教训 |
[07:53] | You take him to the principal’s office, | 你带他去校长办公室 |
[07:54] | He owns up to it, he never does it again. | 他承认错误 然后就不会再犯 |
[07:57] | Okay. Okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[07:59] | But what was he thinking? | 他是怎么想的 |
[08:01] | This is not even real gold. | 这都不是真金的 |
[08:05] | No way, Haley! It was my idea! I’m taking this room! | 不可能 海莉 这是我的主意 我要这间 |
[08:08] | Over my dead body! | 痴心妄想 |
[08:10] | This is going to be my room, | 我要定了这间房 |
[08:12] | And there’s nothing you can do about it! | 你连想也别想 |
[08:17] | Seriously? | 有点过吧 |
[08:19] | What are you guys fighting about? | 你们在吵什么 |
[08:21] | Okay, so we both think | 我们都觉得 |
[08:22] | That this would make a totally awesome bedroom. | 这里做卧室再合适不过了 |
[08:25] | But only one of us can have it. | 但只有一个人能拥有它 |
[08:26] | Don’t you think it should be me? | 你不觉得应该是我吗 |
[08:27] | Oh, so not. It should be me. Right, Luke? | 是你的才怪 应该是我的 对吧 卢克 |
[08:30] | why do you guys wanna move into the attic? | 你们为什么想搬进阁楼来 |
[08:32] | Oh, you mean “The penthouse”? | 你是说”顶层公寓”吗 |
[08:34] | With all the privacy of being on its very own floor? | 隐私得到极大保护的独层公寓噢 |
[08:40] | It is kinda cool. | 确实不错 |
[08:43] | I’m not an idiot. | 我不是白痴 |
[08:44] | I knew what they were up to, | 我知道她们在打什么鬼主意 |
[08:47] | but I’ve been wanting to move for a while. | 不过我也一直想挪个窝 |
[08:49] | There’s a line of ants | 有一队蚂蚁 |
[08:50] | going to a trick-or-treat bag in my closet, | 正在向我衣橱里万圣节的糖袋子进军 |
[08:52] | and I don’t want to still be there | 我可不希望它们吃腻了糖 |
[08:53] | when they get tired of candy. | 就拿我当肉宰割 |
[08:56] | Good morning, princess. | 早上好 小公主 |
[08:58] | Good morning, Lily. | 早上好 莉莉 |
[08:59] | Very adorable, Mitchell, | 真可爱 米奇尔 |
[09:00] | but I’m having kind of a rough morning, | 但是 今天早上对我来说太艰难了 |
[09:03] | Daddy, up. | 爹地 抱抱 |
[09:04] | I’m sorry, Lily, those days are over. | 对不起 莉莉 好日子到头了 |
[09:06] | Now here’s your lunch. | 这是你的午饭 |
[09:08] | Go get your bag. We will be leaving shortly. | 去把你的书包拿来 我们马上出发 |
[09:11] | Cam, you don’t have to ice her out completely. | 小卡 你也不用对她这么冷冰冰啊 |
[09:14] | Do you think I’m enjoying this? | 你以为我愿意这么做吗 |
[09:15] | But I need her to detach from me before the new thing comes | 但是我得让她在新东西来之前 摆脱对我的依赖 |
[09:19] | or who knows what she’ll do to it. | 不然的话 鬼知道她会对他怎么样 |
[09:20] | Why are you saying “Thing” Instead of “Baby”? | 你为什么把”宝宝”说成”东西” |
[09:22] | Kill the new baby. | 干掉新宝宝 |
[09:25] | Oh. Um, look, I-I-I know this is hard, | 我知道这么做很难受 |
[09:27] | but I really appreciate what you’re doing. | 我也很欣赏你的挽救措施 |
[09:29] | And believe me, | 相信我 |
[09:30] | I take no pleasure in seeing you suffer like this. | 看着你受此煎熬 我也很难过 |
[09:33] | I take a little pleasure. | 我其实有点偷着乐 |
[09:35] | No, but there–there are very few parenting issues | 主要是因为 在为人父母这方面上 |
[09:37] | where I come out on top. | 我向来都表现比他糟糕 |
[09:38] | You know, I’m distant. I work too much. | 我跟家人有点疏远 我工作太忙了 |
[09:41] | My French braiding is “Sloppy.” | 我给莉莉编的法式辫子像乱麻 |
[09:44] | Finally, you know, something that isn’t my fault. | 终于 有些事不是我的错了 |
[09:47] | Ready. | 准备好了 |
[09:50] | Could you please just go put her in her car seat | 你可不可以把她抱进车里 |
[09:52] | while I compose myself? | 我需要淡定一下 |
[09:53] | All right, you know what, Cam? | 好的 那个 小卡 |
[09:54] | Why don’t I just take Lily to preschool on my way to work? | 不如我上班时候顺便送她去幼儿园吧 |
[09:57] | I think that would be best. | 那敢情儿好 |
[09:58] | Let me just whip up a smoothie for you before you go. | 出发之前让我来给你弄一份冰沙 |
[10:00] | I push the buttons, daddy. | 我要按那个按钮 爹地 |
[10:04] | You certainly do. | “好呀” |
[10:08] | What do you think the principal’s going to do to me? | 你觉得校长会怎么处理我 |
[10:10] | I am a first-time offender. | 我是初犯 |
[10:13] | Oh, great. Now I’m tardy. Strike two. | 这下好了 我还迟到了 罪加一等 |
[10:15] | Manny, think of this in a positive way, | 曼尼 态度积极点 |
[10:17] | – Like it is your “Ha ha” moment. – What does that mean? | -把它当成你的”哈哈”时刻 -什么意思 |
[10:19] | That means that one day, you’re gonna laugh about it. | 意思是 将来有一天你会一笑置之的 |
[10:21] | Ah, I should’ve just given that stupid necklace back to Alicia | 我当时就该把那该死的吊坠还给阿丽莎的 |
[10:24] | When she was standing right next to her locker. | 当时她就站在她的储物柜旁边 |
[10:26] | This is the worst day of my life, | 这是我一生中最糟糕的一天 |
[10:28] | till tomorrow… Oh. | 明天也是 |
[10:29] | And every day after that. Oh. | 还有以后的每一天 |
[10:33] | Come on, mom. Let’s get this over with. | 走吧 妈妈 让我们快点解决这件事 |
[10:36] | – Wait. – What? | -等一下 -怎么了 |
[10:37] | Which one did you say that it was her locker? This one? | 你说哪个是她的储物柜 这个吗 |
[10:40] | Mm-hmm. The one that smells like rose oil. | 是的 那个闻起来像玫瑰精油的味道 |
[10:45] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[10:46] | Keep the lookout. | 把好风 |
[10:51] | Now promise me that you will never, ever do anything dishonest again. | 现在 向我保证你再也不做这种事了 |
[10:54] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[10:55] | Okay, because that’s not the way I raised you. | 很好 我养的儿子可不是珠宝大盗 |
[10:57] | Don’t tell Jay anything, okay? | 对杰一定要守口如瓶 好吗 |
[11:00] | – Hi, Lily. – All right, Lily. | -早上好 莉莉 -好了 莉莉 |
[11:02] | Hi. Have fun, sweetheart. | 玩的开心 甜心儿 |
[11:03] | Bye. | 再见 |
[11:05] | She is so sweet. | 她真可爱 |
[11:06] | Oh, thanks. Well, you should’ve seen her yesterday. | 谢谢 你真应该看看她昨天的样子 |
[11:09] | Yeah, she pushed a baby off of Cam’s lap. | 她直接把一个宝宝从小卡膝上推下去了 |
[11:11] | I know. I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[11:13] | She is so possessive of him, but, you know, | 她对小卡的占有欲太强了 |
[11:15] | Cam’s really working on trying not to coddle her so much, | 小卡正在努力不那么宠着她了 |
[11:18] | So… | 所以 |
[11:19] | I’m not really sure it’s about coddling. | 我不觉得这和宠溺有关系 |
[11:21] | Sounds more like a sharing issue. | 更像是分享方面的问题 |
[11:23] | You know, we’ve noticed Lily has a hard time with that. | 我们注意到莉莉不愿意与别人分享东西 |
[11:26] | – Really? – I wouldn’t worry. | -是吗 -我并不担心 |
[11:28] | Kids usually pick that habit up from other kids, | 小孩子通常会从别的小孩身上学到 |
[11:30] | Except the ones that pick it up from their parents. | 也有些是从父母那里学到的 |
[11:33] | We have a few of those in here. | 我们这有几个小孩子就是这样 |
[11:35] | Of course, I can’t share those names with you… | 当然 我不能告诉这些孩子的名字 |
[11:37] | until I get a glass of wine in my hand. | 除非我喝高了 酒后吐真言 |
[11:41] | Oh. Oh, Miss Elaine. | 你真逗 伊莱恩小姐 |
[11:43] | I have been told that I might have the teensiest issue with sharing. | 别人的确说过我可能有那么一丁点”分享障碍” |
[11:46] | But is that something Lily would even pick up on? | 但是莉莉真的是从我身上学到的吗 |
[11:52] | My chicken. | 我的鸡肉 |
[11:55] | My pillow. | 我的枕头 |
[11:58] | Daddy’s pen. | 爹地的笔 |
[12:02] | Okay, it’s possible. | 好吧 有可能 |
[12:03] | And I suppose for Lily’s sake, I-I should work on that… | 为了莉莉 我应该改改了 |
[12:07] | privately. because right now we really need to | 偷偷地改 因为现在我们真的应该 |
[12:10] | get Cam’s coddling problem under control. | 先搞定小卡的溺爱问题 |
[12:16] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[12:17] | Moving into the attic. | 搬到阁楼去睡 |
[12:19] | Give me a day or two to get settled, then I’ll have you up. | 给我一两天时间安定下来 我再请你上去坐坐 |
[12:21] | When did all this happen? | 你什么时候决定挪窝了 |
[12:22] | Depends on who you ask. | 这要看你问谁了 |
[12:24] | My plan’s been in motion for three weeks. | 我是已经觊觎了三周了 |
[12:26] | Honey, this is a terrible idea. You’re gonna hate it up there. | 亲爱的 这是个糟糕的主意 你会厌恶上面的 |
[12:29] | Mom, stay out of this. | 妈妈 你别插手了 |
[12:31] | Yeah. We all have our own rooms now. Everybody wins. | 现在我们都有自己的房间了 三赢 |
[12:34] | Well, don’t get too comfortable in there, girls. | 不要太爽 女孩儿们 |
[12:36] | Luke, it’s cold, and it’s scary up there. | 卢克 上面很冷 也很恐怖 |
[12:39] | You’re gonna be back in your own room by tomorrow night. | 你明天晚上就会回到自己房间的 |
[12:41] | I don’t know, Claire. It’s got a lot of potential. | 我不明白 克莱尔 这里潜力无限 |
[12:43] | This is a lot nicer than the attic I lived in when we met. | 这个比我们相遇时我住的那个好多了 |
[12:46] | One night, if that. Trust me on this. | 相信我 再舒适他也最多坚持一晚 |
[12:48] | Oh, yes, because you’re always right. | 噢对啊 因为你永远是对的 |
[12:51] | Sweetheart, I would love to be wrong. | 孩儿们 我倒是想错一次 |
[12:53] | I just don’t live with the right people for that. | 但你们把错都犯完了 我想错都难啊 |
[12:56] | Let it go, kids. She’s not gonna budge. | 算了吧 你妈是永不妥协的 |
[12:58] | – Kept me up all night with the– – Phil, you did push me! | -会唠叨我一晚上这事儿 -菲尔 的确是你推到我的 |
[13:02] | Your word against mine. | 你的说法跟我不一致 |
[13:03] | Guess it’s one of those things we’ll just never know, | 估计也很难搞清真相了 就像那些未解之谜 |
[13:05] | Like what really happened to the “Titanic.” | 好比泰坦尼克号沉没的真相 |
[13:07] | It hit an iceberg. | 泰坦尼克是撞冰山了 |
[13:09] | – Maybe. – Mm, there’s no maybe. | -或许吧 -必须的 |
[13:11] | Oh, you’re right, Claire. | 好吧 你是对的 克莱尔 |
[13:13] | Again. | 又对了哦 |
[13:14] | Surprise, surprise. | 见怪不怪 |
[13:15] | Okay, I-I will see you over at uncle Mitchell’s. | 好吧 我们一会儿在米奇尔舅舅家见 |
[13:20] | I’m gonna skip this meeting of the pile-on Claire club. | 我得逃离这个批斗克莱尔大会 |
[13:23] | Guess I pushed her into that pile, too. | 估计也是我把她推到那个”大会”上的 |
[13:34] | I spend half my life waiting on you. | 我都等你们半辈子了 |
[13:35] | How many times do you have to change your outfit? | 你出门一次到底得换几次行头 |
[13:38] | Sorry, Jay. Too many choices is a prison. | 抱歉杰 选择太多也是个烦恼 |
[13:40] | Just drive before he rethinks the pants. | 趁他还想换条裤子之前赶紧走 |
[13:42] | – What’s wrong with my pants?! – Go. Go. Go. | -我裤子怎么了 -快 快 |
[13:47] | So, Manny, how’d it go with the principal today? | 曼尼 今天跟校长谈得如何 |
[13:50] | It was terrible, but he was brave, and now it’s over. | 不是很好 但儿子很勇敢 都过去了 |
[13:53] | – Right, Manny? – Mm-hmm. | -对吧 宝贝儿 -没错 |
[13:55] | – So d– – what’d they give you? Detention? Suspension? | -那个 -他们让你罚站还是停课 |
[13:57] | No, just a warning because it was first offense. | 没有 因为是初犯只给了警告 |
[14:00] | – So how was work? – Great. | -今天工作如何啊 -挺好的 |
[14:02] | Just a warning, huh? | 只给了警告 是吧 |
[14:03] | Like she said. | 我妈说得没错 |
[14:05] | So I ask about work, and you change the subject. | 我问你工作 你就给我打岔 |
[14:08] | Are you trying to hide something? | 是不是瞒着我什么 |
[14:09] | No, I just wanna make sure he’s okay. You okay? | 没有啊 我只想确保孩子没事 你没事吧 |
[14:12] | ’cause, I mean, it looks like you’re sweatin’ bullets back there, kid. | 我就是有点疑惑 你怎么汗如雨下的 |
[14:15] | Stop grilling him. First the principal, now you. | 别逼他了 先是校长 又是你 |
[14:17] | This poor boy has been screamed at all day. | 这个可怜的孩子被折磨了一整天 |
[14:21] | – Well, not to mention– – Quiet! I’ve got this. | -更别提 -闭嘴 我正掌控全局呢 |
[14:28] | – Where is Lily? – Um, she’s getting dressed. | -莉莉呢 -她在穿衣服 |
[14:31] | All by herself? | 自己穿吗 |
[14:32] | – Cam is encouraging her to be more independent. – Oh. | -小卡正在鼓励她更独立 -原来如此 |
[14:36] | And there she is! | 小公主驾到 |
[14:38] | Doesn’t she look beautiful? | 美极了吧 |
[14:42] | She looks like she was dipped in glue, | 她就像沾完了胶水 |
[14:43] | and dragged through a flea market. | 然后从跳蚤市场里拖出来的 |
[14:46] | – Hey there! – Hi! | -大家好 -来了啊 |
[14:49] | – Guys. Come on in. There’s hors d’oeuvres. – How’s it going? | -快进来 开胃菜准备好了 -大家好吗 |
[14:50] | Hey, do you guys have any old furniture? | 你们家有旧家具吗 |
[14:52] | I’m moving into the attic. | 我正要搬到阁楼住 |
[14:53] | – The attic? – Hey, at least it’s big. | -住阁楼吗 -至少足够大 |
[14:56] | Grandpa said you used to live in the closet. | 外公说你以前住柜子里[同性恋隐瞒性取向] |
[14:59] | Okay. Well, you know what? | 好吧 听我说 |
[15:00] | Yeah, we’ll absolutely find you something for sure. Okay? | 我们会给你找些家具用的 |
[15:02] | My daddy! | 爸爸是我的 |
[15:04] | Lily, no! | 莉莉 别这样 |
[15:05] | I-I’m sorry, Luke. | 卢克 抱歉 |
[15:07] | This isn’t over. | 这事没完 |
[15:08] | Oh, my god. Mitchell, she’s getting worse. | 天呐 小米 她越来越放肆了 |
[15:10] | I have turned her into a pushy, little, entitled monster, | 我把她变成了一个放肆无礼的小怪物 |
[15:14] | on her way to a rap sheet and a bracelet on her ankle. | 她将来肯定会被逮捕 被戴上脚铐的 |
[15:17] | Oh, she has a bracelet on her ankle. | 不是吧 她已经戴上脚铐了 |
[15:19] | Cam. | 小卡 |
[15:20] | Cam, Cam. | 小卡 冷静 |
[15:22] | This–this might not be entirely your fault. | 这或许不全是你的责任 |
[15:24] | No, it is. | 还能是谁的 |
[15:25] | I spoke with Lily’s teacher. | 我跟莉莉的老师谈过了 |
[15:26] | And she thinks that–that she may have a problem with sharing, | 老师觉得她可能有分享障碍 |
[15:29] | Which she might have gotten from– | 她可能是从什么人身上学的… |
[15:31] | You. You don’t like to share. | 就是你啊 你不愿与人分享 |
[15:33] | No, I do it to make a point sometimes. | 不 我有时那样做是想说明某个道理 |
[15:34] | Like, if you want the chicken, then order the chicken. | 比如 你想吃鸡肉 就自己点啊 |
[15:36] | Wait, when did you talk to Lily’s teacher? | 等一下 你什么时候去跟莉莉老师谈的 |
[15:38] | Uh, today, when I–when I dropped her off at school. | 今天 我送她上学时候 |
[15:40] | And you let me suffer all day? | 然后你居然让我自责了一整天 |
[15:42] | All right, look, we–we can’t do this with everybody here. | 我错了 但我们不能在大伙儿面前说这些吧 |
[15:44] | – Can we please just get through the evening? – Yes, | -至少过了今晚再说 -好吧 |
[15:46] | but we are not making the announcement tonight. | 但我们今晚不宣布领养孩子的事儿了 |
[15:48] | Because that is a joyful thing, | 因为那本应是件高兴的事情 |
[15:49] | And I am not feeling very joyful right now. | 但我现在极为不高兴 |
[15:51] | Well, I share your feeling. | 好吧 我分享到[感受到]你的怒火了 |
[16:00] | Just so you know, I’m on to you. | 告诉你吧 我看出你的把戏了 |
[16:02] | You never took Manny to the principal. | 你根本没带曼尼去找校长 |
[16:06] | Okay, play it like that, but I know Manny. | 你继续装 但我了解曼尼 |
[16:09] | He has more of a conscience than you have. | 他比你有良知 |
[16:12] | He’s not gonna be able to live with this. | 他没法忍受良心受到谴责的 |
[16:16] | You’d be surprised what people can live with, Jay. | 杰 别小看良心的承受能力 |
[16:23] | Hi, Miss Lily. How’s my big girl doing? | 莉莉小公主 你好吗 |
[16:26] | Good. | 很好 |
[16:27] | Can you tell me how old you are now? | 告诉我 你今年几岁了 |
[16:29] | 3. | 3岁 |
[16:31] | That’s 4. This is 3. | 那表示4岁 这是3岁 |
[16:33] | Okay, show me again. How old are you? | 来 再说一次 你几岁了 |
[16:35] | – 3. – No! That many is 4. | -3岁 -不对 那是4岁 |
[16:37] | This many is 3. | 这才是3岁 |
[16:40] | Don’t argue, Lily. You’ll never win. | 别争了莉莉 你说不过她的 |
[16:42] | Really, Phil? | 是吗 菲尔 |
[16:44] | Okay, I-I was gonna wait until we got home for this, | 好吧 我本来打算回家再放这个的 |
[16:47] | But now I think it’s something everyone’s gonna enjoy. | 但现在我决定让大家分享这个开心一刻 |
[16:50] | Guys, everybody, come on down to the TV room. | 大伙儿都到客厅来 |
[16:52] | I’ve got something really special to share. | 给你们看个精彩的真人秀 |
[16:54] | Okay, how’s everybody on drinks? | 每人来点喝的吗 |
[16:56] | If this is Alex’s graduation again, just leave me the bottle. | 如果又像上次艾丽克斯毕业典礼那样 给我一整瓶吧 |
[16:59] | I’m good, Cam. | 我不要了 小卡 |
[17:00] | Okay, everybody. | 大家就坐了 |
[17:02] | Showtime. | 好戏开始 |
[17:04] | Oh, my gosh. It’s us at the market. | 我靠 居然是那天在超市的录像 |
[17:07] | – How did you– – Yeah, it’s security camera footage. | -你怎么搞到的 -没错 超市监控录像 |
[17:09] | I don’t understand. What are we watching? | 我不明白 我们要看什么 |
[17:11] | It ain’t “The godfather,” I can tell you that much. | 我可以跟你说 绝对不是《教父》 |
[17:13] | Okay, look, I fell yesterday at the market, | 好的 听着 我昨天在商场里跌倒了 |
[17:14] | And Phil and I have been having a little disagreement | 菲尔跟我在责任问题上 |
[17:16] | as to what happened. Just watch. Okay, right here. | 持不同意见 看着 就是这儿 |
[17:18] | I stop to fix my shoe, and then Phil– | 我停下来去整理鞋子 然后菲尔 |
[17:20] | right there. Okay. | 在那里 好的 |
[17:21] | He makes way for this very attractive woman, | 他给一位漂亮的女士让路 |
[17:24] | whom he conveniently leaves out of his retelling of the story. | 在他的叙述中 他把这段艳遇省略了 |
[17:27] | Now right here, Phil backs up, | 就在这时 菲尔往后退了一步 |
[17:30] | pushes his butt into the cart, | 屁股撞到了购物车 |
[17:31] | pushes me into the cans! | 让我撞到了那一堆罐头上 |
[17:32] | Do you see that?! Oh! | 看到了没 |
[17:33] | It’s all his fault, just like I said! | 都是他的错 就跟我说的一样 |
[17:36] | I was right! Suck it! | 我才是对的 去死吧 |
[17:40] | – When did you get this– – Oh, my god. | -你什么时候拿到的 -我的天呐 |
[17:42] | That’s why you wanted to come separately. | 这就是为什么你想单独过来 |
[17:44] | You went to all that trouble just to prove you were right? | 你大费周章就为了证明你是对的 |
[17:47] | It really wasn’t that much trouble. | 其实也算不上大费周章 |
[17:48] | I just went to the store, found your friend Jordan the bag boy, | 我只是到商场 找到你的朋友乔丹 |
[17:51] | who got me the manager. | 他帮我找到了经理 |
[17:52] | He gave me the address of the off-site security office. | 他给了我远程安保室的地址 |
[17:55] | I filled out some paperwork. Sally faxed it to corporate. | 我填了几张表 萨利把它传真到公司 |
[17:57] | Three minutes later, I’m buying pack of dvds and burning a copy. | 三分钟后我买了张DVD 刻了一张碟 |
[18:00] | Cake. | 小事一桩 |
[18:02] | It’s like a sickness. | 疯狂到病态啊 |
[18:04] | What? None of you believed me, | 干嘛 谁叫你们都不信我 |
[18:06] | so I got proof. | 我只好自证清白咯 |
[18:07] | You should all be sucking it right now. | 你们现在都去死吧 |
[18:08] | Hey, please stop with the “Sucking it,” Claire. | 你能别再说”去死”好吗 克莱尔 |
[18:11] | The children! | 孩子都在呢 |
[18:12] | Yes, children are very impressionable. | 没错 孩子们非常容易受影响 |
[18:13] | You’ll never know what they’ll pick up. | 你永远不知道他们会捡什么学 |
[18:14] | Okay, cam, I’m sorry that I blamed it on you, okay? | 小卡 我很抱歉把责任都归咎到你身上 |
[18:17] | But we both need to look at our actions. | 但是我们的一言一行都得注意 |
[18:19] | I mean, if we’re thinking about adopting another baby, | 如果我们想再领养一个孩子的话 |
[18:21] | then we need to– | 我们需要… |
[18:22] | – You guys… – You’re adopting another kid? | -你们 -你们要再领养一个 |
[18:25] | – No! No, no! – You’re–wait! Congratulations! | -不不不 -你们 等等 恭喜 |
[18:27] | We’re thinking about it. It’s not… | 我们还在考虑 还没… |
[18:32] | What the hell’s happening here? | 到底发生什么事了 |
[18:34] | Is that from “Footloose”? | 是《浑身是劲》的插曲吗 |
[18:37] | Really, Mitchell? | 不是吧 米奇尔 |
[18:38] | You couldn’t even share telling your family! | 你都不肯和我一起宣布消息 |
[18:40] | Fine. Fine. | 行 行 |
[18:41] | But why are you upset? This is such good news. | 但你怎么这么郁闷呢 这是个好消息 |
[18:44] | No, we’re a little on edge | 不 我们只是有点担心 |
[18:46] | because lily has been acting out | 因为莉莉最近表现出 |
[18:47] | like she doesn’t want a sibling, and– | 她不想要兄弟姐妹 |
[18:49] | Yeah, because Mitchell taught her to hate sharing. | 没错 因为米奇尔把她教的不懂分享 |
[18:51] | And/or because cam wears her like a fanny pack. | 或是因为小卡片刻不离地把她”戴”在身边 |
[18:55] | Oh, stop blaming each other. | 不要再互相责怪了 |
[18:56] | No kid wants a sibling. | 没有孩子喜欢有兄弟姐妹 |
[18:57] | I mean, Claire hated you so much | 克莱尔小时候就非常不待见你 |
[18:58] | She stuck you in a dryer when you were 2. | 你两岁时她把你塞进了烘干机里 |
[19:00] | You put me in the dryer? | 你把我塞进烘干机里 |
[19:02] | I did, but it wasn’t ’cause I hated you. | 没错 但不是因为我不喜欢你 |
[19:04] | My friend Marci said | 我朋友玛琪说 |
[19:05] | That it wouldn’t run with a kid inside it, | 烘干机里面有孩子是无法起动的 |
[19:07] | and I knew it would. I was right. | 但我知道它会 事实证明我是对的 |
[19:09] | Good governor. | 主啊 |
[19:11] | It’s been going on since you were 5? | 你五岁的时候就这样了 |
[19:14] | – Oh, my god. It is a sickness. -Yeah. | -天啊 真是扭曲病态啊 -你才知道 |
[19:17] | What would make me have that need at such a young age? | 是什么让我那么小就这么扭曲了 |
[19:20] | How long was I in that dryer? Because I– | 我在那烘干机里呆了多久 因为我 |
[19:23] | Is this why I’m afraid of tumbling? | 我是因此才那么害怕翻跟头吗 |
[19:24] | I had to quit gymnastics, Claire! | 我不得不退出体操队 克莱尔 |
[19:26] | A childhood without tumbling? | 一个没有翻跟斗的童年 |
[19:29] | You knew this and just stood by and did nothing?! | 你知道这些 却只是旁观不语 |
[19:32] | Okay, okay. What’s done is done! | 好了好了 木已成舟 |
[19:34] | All you can do is learn from your mistakes. | 你们能做的就是从中吸取教训 |
[19:36] | And in that spirit, | 本着这种精神 |
[19:38] | I would like to propose a toast… to Manny. | 我要敬曼尼一杯 |
[19:41] | This week, he did something he wasn’t supposed to do, | 这周他做了一件本不该做的事 |
[19:44] | – like we all do– – Like we all do! | -就跟我们一样 -就跟我们一样 |
[19:46] | – Salud to Manny! – Uh, not yet. | -敬曼尼 -等等 |
[19:48] | But Manny stood up like a man. | 但是曼尼男子汉似的站出来 |
[19:50] | He admitted he was wrong and he took his licks, | 他承认了错误 并且接受了惩罚 |
[19:53] | and I’m damn proud of him. | 我为他感到自豪 |
[19:54] | Ah, now we clink! | 现在干杯 |
[19:56] | No, we clink when I say we clink. | 不 只有我说干杯时才干杯 |
[19:58] | So Manny made a mistake, but he didn’t take the easy way out. | 曼尼犯了错 但是他却没有逃避 |
[20:01] | He’s got guts, he’s got integrity. | 他很勇敢 正直善良 |
[20:04] | As far as I’m concerned, he’s the best little b– | 就我所知 他是最棒的小… |
[20:06] | Okay, stop! Stop! I didn’t do any of that. | 够了 停停 你说的我都没做 |
[20:09] | Mom broke into the locker and threw the necklace inside, | 老妈撬开了柜子把吊坠扔回去了 |
[20:11] | and then we ran away like cowards. | 然后我们像胆小鬼一样溜走了 |
[20:13] | – I’m sorry, jay! I’m sorry! – I knew it! | -对不起 杰 对不起 -我就知道 |
[20:14] | I was right! I was right! | 我是对的 我是对的 |
[20:26] | Who is it? | 谁 |
[20:27] | Hi, honey. It’s just me. Are you okay? | 亲爱的 是我 你还好吗 |
[20:30] | Yeah. I’m great. | 我很好 |
[20:32] | So, how you liking your new digs? | 喜欢你的新居吗 |
[20:33] | I know you told me that I’d be cold… | 我知道你说这上面会很冷 |
[20:36] | and scared… | 我会被吓坏 |
[20:37] | – But I’m not. – No, I can see that. | -但你错了 -是的 我看得出来 |
[20:39] | I was–I was wrong. | 是我错了 |
[20:41] | – You were. – Yeah. | -是你错了 -是的 |
[20:42] | Well, you’re gonna hate this then, honey, | 那么接下来你肯定非常不喜欢了 亲爱的 |
[20:44] | but I’m gonna need you to go back down and sleep in your old room. | 我需要你下去 回你原来的房间去 |
[20:47] | I just–I’m worried if you get something so cool | 我怕你这么小就拥有 |
[20:50] | this early in your life, | 如此奇妙的体验 |
[20:51] | You’re not gonna have anything to look forward to later. | 你以后就没有什么可以期待的了 |
[20:54] | I-I have to go now? | 我现在就得下去吗 |
[20:56] | You can spend the night tonight here if you want. | 如果你想的话你也可以在这里过夜 |
[20:57] | Oh! No, if it’s so important to you, | 不了 如果这对你那么重要 |
[21:01] | I’ll go now. | 我现在就下去 |
[21:04] | You should come, too. | 你也应该下去 |
[21:05] | Something sleeps over there. | 有什么东西在那里 |
[21:09] | Wait for me. Wait. Wait for me! Wait for me. | 等等我 等等我 |