时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Honey, what is all this? | 亲爱的 你弄来些啥玩意儿啊 |
[00:06] | Hey, Mam, I’m trying to write these stupid college essay questions. | 老妈 我在纠结大学申请的论文题目 |
[00:09] | And I really even don’t know how to start. | 但我真不知道该如何下笔 |
[00:11] | OK, what’s the question? Tell me. | 好吧 告诉我是什么题目 |
[00:12] | “what’s the biggest obstacle you’ve ever had to overcome?” | 你有生以来遇到的需要克服的最大困难是什么 |
[00:15] | Didn’t my third grade teacher say | 我三年级的老师是不是说 |
[00:17] | I had,Like, A.D.D. or something? | 我有注意力不足症什么的 |
[00:18] | Oh, no, honey. She said you couldn’t ADD. | 不 宝贝儿 她是说你不会做加法 |
[00:21] | and she put it that way because she also knew you couldn’t s-p-e-l-l. | 她用字母说明 是因为她知道你也不会拼写 |
[00:24] | Wait,slow down… Oh… | 等一下 慢点 原来如此啊 |
[00:27] | Sweet heart. | 亲爱的 |
[00:29] | What’s this? | 究竟啥玩意儿 |
[00:30] | We talked about this last week. | 我们上周讨论过了不是吗 |
[00:31] | I said i’m building luke a tree house. You said “fine.” | 我说要给卢克建个小木屋 你说好吧 |
[00:34] | You know,sometimes I think you just tune me out. | 有时候 我觉得你总是否定我要做的事 |
[00:37] | I never told her. She just would have said “No.” | 我从没跟她说过 因为肯定会被她一票否决 |
[00:40] | I don’t remember agreeing to this, Phil. | 菲尔 我不记得同意过这事儿 |
[00:42] | This is like the time you backed down the driveway | 就像上次 你在车上装滑翔翼扮大雁 |
[00:45] | with a hang glider sticking out of the car. | 倒出车道 都是先斩后奏 |
[00:46] | If you’d let me keep that, | 如果当初你不阻止我 |
[00:47] | Those geese would have followed me to the wetlands. | 那些鹅就会跟着我滑向湿地了 |
[00:49] | -You would have died. -A hero. | -你会死的 -死的光荣 |
[00:54] | So we spread out a nice blanket, | 于是我们铺开毯子 |
[00:56] | opened up a bottle of vino, | 打开一瓶红酒 |
[00:58] | and watched the sun set over the water. | 然后欣赏日落海平线 |
[01:00] | It was majestic. | 好壮丽哦 |
[01:02] | Majestic. | 非常壮丽 |
[01:02] | Why? Why we never have the picnic? | 为什么我们从来不去野餐 |
[01:05] | Who wants to sit on a blanket? There’s no back support. | 谁喜欢坐在毯子上啊 连个靠背都没有 |
[01:08] | It’s majestic. | 但好壮丽的 |
[01:09] | Last week, Shorty took me to see the cirque du soleil– | 上周”小短”带我去看太阳竞技团演出 |
[01:13] | It’s like a circus, but classy. | 有点像马戏团表演 不过更高雅 |
[01:16] | So if you like elephants, | 所以如果你喜欢大象的话 |
[01:18] | don’t hold your breath. | 赶紧去看吧 |
[01:19] | She’s so cute. | 我老婆可爱吧 |
[01:21] | Jay hates the crowds, the beach, the rainbows. | 杰总是嫌人多 讨厌海滩 厌恶彩虹 |
[01:25] | Rainbows? It’s just colors in the sky. | 彩虹 不就是天上多点颜色嘛 |
[01:27] | Do we have to pull over every time and take a picture? | 至于每次看到都停车拍照吗 |
[01:29] | Shame. There’s an expression in Italian, Jay– | 真可惜 意大利有句俗话说得好 杰 |
[01:32] | Dammi la tua mano e corriamo uniti per tutta la vita. | 执子之手 与子偕老 |
[01:38] | “Give me your hand and we will run together our whole lives.” | “手牵手 我们一起走 把你一生交给我” |
[01:42] | Jay also hates running. | 杰也不喜欢”走” |
[01:58] | Here you go. | 您点的东西 |
[01:58] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:00] | -And here you go. -Oh. What is this? | -这是您的 -噢 这是什么 |
[02:03] | You said to knock your socks off. | 您说要让您”哇”地一声惊喜嘛 |
[02:04] | Oh, well, look. It’s already working! | 快看 “袜”子已经不见了哦 |
[02:08] | Well, two more of those, | 好吧 再来两杯 |
[02:09] | and you won’t be wearing any underwear either. | 估计你连内裤都没了哦 |
[02:11] | -Oh! Look… -Cam, down. Down. | -快看 我内裤也 -小卡 坐下坐下 |
[02:13] | -Maybe later. -Oh, okay, maybe… Maybe later. | -过后再给我看吧 -好吧 过后再说 |
[02:16] | Did you hear that? Waitress is flirting with me. | 你听到吗 那服务员正在跟我调情呢 |
[02:18] | No, no. She’s not flirting with you. | 不 她没跟你调情 |
[02:20] | She’s–she’s trolling for tips, okay? | 只不过是她要小费的伎俩而已 |
[02:22] | She totally knows you’re gay. | 她一眼就看出你是同性恋了 |
[02:23] | How would she know I’m gay? | 少来了 怎么可能看出来 |
[02:25] | Uh, maybe it’s the way you ordered a drink-a-doodle-doo. | 或许是你点那杯酒的方式吧 |
[02:28] | Cam has this crazy theory that if he were straight… | 小卡一直痴人说梦 说自己如果是直男 |
[02:31] | And Julia Roberts were single… | 而朱莉亚·罗伯茨单身的话 |
[02:33] | -They’d be dating. -It’s not crazy. | -他们早就搞到一起了 -才不是痴人说梦 |
[02:35] | I met her once at an A.I.D.S. Walk, | 我在反歧视艾滋活动中见过她一次 |
[02:36] | and our chemistry was palpable. | 当时我们火花四溅啊 |
[02:38] | No, you handed her a bottle of water. | 不 你只不过给了她一瓶水 |
[02:39] | And her fingers lingered. | 可她的手指在勾搭我 |
[02:40] | Because you wouldn’t let go. | 那是因为你死不放手 |
[02:43] | I could totally pick up any woman in here. | 在场的所有妹子 爷我想钓谁都能上钩 |
[02:45] | If by that, you mean lift her off the ground, | 如果你说的上钩 是指把她抱起离开地面 |
[02:47] | then yes, I’ll give you that. | 那我承认 你绝对够力气 |
[02:49] | I for sure could be a womanizer. | 爷天生拥有”情场必杀技” |
[02:51] | Or you could be someone | 恐怕你是个变性人 |
[02:52] | who just stepped out of a machine called the womanizer. | 刚刚从”女人变身机”里走出来的 |
[02:55] | Okay, you know what? That’s it. | 好吧 受够你们的讽刺了 |
[02:56] | Pick anyone in here. | 随便挑个妞儿 |
[02:57] | If I can get their number, you do the laundry for a month. | 如果我能拿到她的电话号码 你就洗一个月的衣服 |
[02:59] | If I fail, I’ll do it. | 如果失败了 爷来洗 |
[03:01] | Okay. I hate doing laundry. So, um… | 好吧 洗衣服什么的最讨厌了 就… |
[03:04] | No, um… | 那个不行 |
[03:06] | Oh, okay. Right here. | 好吧 就这个 |
[03:08] | Her. | 她 |
[03:13] | Okay, great. | 好 成交 |
[03:14] | Great. Just get rid of my flair… | 很好 先去一下我的基味 |
[03:18] | Whoa. Where did Cam go? | 哇 我们熟悉的小卡哪去了 |
[03:20] | I don’t know. Where is he? | 不知道啊 脱胎换骨了啊 |
[03:24] | Dinner was absolutely wonderful. | 晚餐实在太丰盛了 |
[03:25] | Amazing. | 太美妙了 |
[03:27] | Hey, you know what? | 对了 |
[03:27] | Why don’t you guys come salsa dancing with us tomorrow night? | 明天一起去跳莎莎舞吧 |
[03:29] | Oh, yeah! That would be great! | 对啊 一起跳很欢乐哦 |
[03:31] | It sounds like so much fun. I love salsa dancing. | 听起来很诱人 我最爱莎莎了 |
[03:34] | Jay, let’s go salsa dancing with them. Look. | 杰 我们去跳吧 快看 |
[03:37] | Why not? | 为什么不去 |
[03:39] | I just bought that pay-per-view fight. | 我刚买了按次计费的拳击票 |
[03:41] | I tell you what– we’ll compromise. | 那我们互相妥协一下吧 |
[03:42] | We’ll watch the fight. We’ll eat salsa. | 我们去看拳赛 然后去吃”莎莎” |
[03:44] | Who needs him? Come dancing with us. | 别带他去了 咱仨去跳吧 |
[03:46] | Ay, no, I wouldn’t want to– | 算了 我不想当灯泡 |
[03:47] | No, no! You’d be doing me a favor. | 没有啊 你来可是帮我大忙了 |
[03:50] | Shorty never wants to stop, and I could use a break. | “小短”一跳起来就停不下 让我偶尔歇歇也好 |
[03:53] | You hear that Jay? I never stop. | 你听到了吗 杰 我一跳就停不下来哦 |
[03:55] | All I hear is she could use a break. | 我只听到她说想喘口气 |
[04:00] | Hey! Oh, my god! How are you? | 嗨 天哪 你好吗 |
[04:05] | Wow. Look at you. You look fantastic. | 哇 你看起来美极了 |
[04:08] | Thank you. So do you. | 谢谢 你也是 |
[04:10] | How long has it been? | 我们多久没见了 |
[04:13] | -It feels like forever. -Yeah. | -宛如隔世啊 -是啊 |
[04:14] | Um, when is the last time we saw each other? | 我们上次见面是什么时候来着 |
[04:17] | Oh, let’s see. I think it was at Dave’s thing. | 我想想 好像还是在达夫办的什么活动上吧 |
[04:20] | You know what? I’m sorry. | 好吧 我很抱歉 |
[04:23] | I don’t know if you’ve heard. | 不知道你听说没有 |
[04:25] | I was in a terrible car accident, | 我遭遇了一次可怕的车祸 |
[04:27] | And ever since the coma, | 自从那次昏迷以后 |
[04:30] | I have a really hard time placing names and faces. | 我就记不得谁是谁了 |
[04:34] | So who are you again? | 请问你是谁 |
[04:35] | Oh, my god. I am so sorry. | 噢 天啊 我真抱歉 |
[04:36] | It was just a clever way to try to approach you. | 我只是在跟你套近乎 |
[04:38] | We don’t know each other. | 我们压根儿不认识 |
[04:41] | I’ve never been in a coma. | 其实根本就没昏迷这件事儿 |
[04:43] | But you so deserved that. That was the worst pick-up ever. | 你自找的 你的搭讪太糟糕了 |
[04:47] | Oh, my god! | 我的神呀 |
[04:50] | That was genius! And mean! | 你个小滑头 真讨厌 |
[04:53] | Now I know why we’re old fake friends. | 现在我知道为什么我们是伪老友了 |
[04:58] | Oh. Can I buy you a drink? | 不介意请你喝一杯吧 |
[04:59] | Yeah. I’m Katie. | 行啊 我叫凯蒂 |
[05:01] | Cameron. | 我叫卡梅隆 |
[05:02] | If she were a hot guy, | 如果她是一个俊男 |
[05:03] | I would never have been that smooth. | 我不可能那么顺利上手的 |
[05:06] | It’s ironic. | 真是讽刺 |
[05:07] | Like the gift of the vagi. | 就像《玛琪的礼物》 |
[05:12] | There you go. | 好了 |
[05:14] | Thank you. Nice to meet you. | 谢谢 很高兴认识你 |
[05:15] | – You, too. Bye! – Bye! | -我也是 拜拜 -拜 |
[05:19] | Wham, bam, thank you, Cam. | 哦也 承让承让 |
[05:21] | Seriously? You got her number? | 太假了 你搞到她电话了 |
[05:22] | Sure did. and all my shirts get ironed, | 当然 记得把我的衬衫熨一下 |
[05:24] | And their seams should appear straight, | 接缝要熨得笔直哦 |
[05:26] | Just like their owner. | 要比直男主人还直哦 |
[05:35] | Should you be using screws instead of nails? | 不该用钉子吧 该用螺丝不是吗 |
[05:38] | America was built with nails, son. | 美国就是钉子建造起来的 孩子 |
[05:40] | So was that gazebo you built for our 4th of July party. | 你国庆节派对上造的露台也是用的钉子 |
[05:44] | I’m telling you, you are gonna love this bad boy. | 跟你说 你会喜欢上这个树屋的 |
[05:47] | You know what can’t climb trees? | 你知道什么东西爬不上来吗 |
[05:49] | Raccoons? | 浣熊嘛 |
[05:50] | Worries. | 是烦恼 |
[05:52] | Raccoons can and will get up here, | 浣熊会爬树 也迟早会爬上来的 |
[05:53] | so don’t leave any food, | 所以不要在这里留吃的 |
[05:54] | or they’ll get territorial and attack. | 要不它们就会为保护地盘而攻击你 |
[05:57] | Are you sure this is a good idea? | 你确定这是个好主意吗 |
[05:59] | Are you kidding me? | 开玩笑 |
[06:00] | You’re gonna have so much fun hanging out up here with your buddies. | 将来你和你的小伙伴们会在这儿玩得很开心的 |
[06:02] | Trust me, when you get older, it all changes. | 相信我 等你长大了 一切都会不同了 |
[06:04] | – Why? – Well, life gets in the way. | -为什么 -生活所迫 |
[06:08] | Did I just say “Wife gets in the way”? | 我是不是说了”老婆所迫” |
[06:10] | ’cause sometimes I do that. | 有时候我会说错 |
[06:11] | Nope, you’re good. | 没有 没说错 |
[06:13] | And you have lots of friends. | 你还有很多朋友 |
[06:14] | Yeah, I have work friends, | 是啊 我有工作上的朋友 |
[06:15] | And your mom and I have couples friends, | 我和你妈还有夫妻档朋友 |
[06:17] | And there are my college friends, | 还有我大学朋友 |
[06:19] | But they’re scattered all over the country. | 但是他们各奔前程了 |
[06:21] | It’s not the same as just shouting out | 不像以前对着 |
[06:22] | to your neighborhood buddies, | 邻居朋友吼一声 |
[06:24] | “Hey, fellas! I’m up here in the tree house!” Uhh! | “伙计们 我在树屋上呢” 嗷 |
[06:27] | Fix that… board. | 得修一修这个 地板 |
[06:32] | I can’t do this. | 做不来啊 |
[06:34] | Why are you so frustrated? | 你火什么火 |
[06:36] | Because I’ve never had any obstacles to overcome. | 因为从来就没有什么困难需要我克服 |
[06:39] | Oh, honey, that’s not true. | 亲爱的 可不是这样的 |
[06:41] | Really? Name one. | 是吗 举个例 |
[06:45] | You’re lactose-intolerant. | 你有乳糖不耐受症 |
[06:47] | Oh, “Dear college, cheese makes me gassy. | 哦 “亲爱的大学 奶酪让我屁多多 |
[06:50] | See you in September.” | 9月见” |
[06:51] | Sweetie, you’re not really starting your essays | 亲爱的 你该不会把”亲爱的大学”作为 |
[06:52] | “Dear college,” Are you? | 你论文的开头吧 |
[06:54] | What difference does it make? | 那又怎么了 |
[06:56] | I’ve lived a boring, sheltered, pathetic life. | 我活在你们的庇护下 日子无聊而苦逼 |
[06:58] | I am sorry we have made things too easy and comfortable for you. | 让你日子过得太滋润了 真是对不起啊 |
[07:02] | Oh, you should be! It is all your fault! | 你应该道歉 都是你的错 |
[07:05] | You have shielded me | 你老是护着我 |
[07:06] | from everything interesting and dangerous! | 任何有趣和危险的事情都不让我去干 |
[07:09] | You are blaming me | 你是在指责我 |
[07:10] | because I kept you from getting hurt? | 保护你不受伤害吗 |
[07:13] | Gaby’s mom’s a hoarder. | 加布的妈妈是收藏癖 |
[07:15] | That essay practically writes itself. | 她写论文就毫无障碍 |
[07:18] | Maybe it is our fault. | 可能是我们的错 |
[07:19] | But did you ever consider there’s a reason? | 但是你有没有想过原因 |
[07:23] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[07:27] | There’s a reason why we were so easy on you. | 我们对你那么娇惯 是有原因的 |
[07:30] | I don’t understand. | 我迷糊了 |
[07:31] | Oh, honey, you’re old enough now. | 亲爱的 你已经不小了 |
[07:33] | Old enough for what? | 什么不小了 |
[07:34] | The truth. | 该告诉你真相了 |
[07:35] | Okay, come on. Gotta show you somethin’. | 跟我来 给你看样东西 |
[07:38] | We’re gonna go for a ride. | 我们要开车去 |
[07:40] | Mom, just tell me. | 妈 跟我说就是了嘛 |
[07:43] | You are my mom, right? | 你是我亲妈 对吧 |
[07:48] | I’m a bad man. | 我是个坏人 |
[07:49] | Oh, no. What did you eat? | 哦 不 你吃啥了 |
[07:50] | Mitchell, remember the girl I met last night? | 米奇尔 记得昨天晚上那女孩吗 |
[07:53] | How can I forget her? | 终身难忘啊 |
[07:54] | She’s super famous for having the world’s worst gay-dar. | 她的”辨基能力”全世界倒数第一 |
[07:57] | How could I be so cavalier with her emotions? | 我怎么能无视她的感情呢 |
[08:00] | You know, we had a real connection. | 你知道我们心有灵犀 |
[08:01] | She gave me her number, | 她把电话给了我 |
[08:03] | And right now she’s probably sitting by the phone | 现在她很可能坐在电话旁边 |
[08:05] | waiting for me to call. | 等我的电话 |
[08:09] | I don’t think you understand how charmed she was by me. | 我觉得你不懂我让她多着迷 |
[08:11] | Oh, my god. Where did you get all this self-confidence? | 老天 你这自信从哪里来的 |
[08:14] | I won cutest baby at the 1974 Jasper County Fair. | 1974年的杰斯珀集市会上 我赢得了最可爱宝宝奖 |
[08:18] | People at the time said I could go Gerber. | 那时人们说我像嘉小宝 |
[08:20] | You know what? I’m calling her. | 我决定了 我要打电话给她 |
[08:22] | What? | 什么 |
[08:23] | No, I can’t carry this around. | 不行 我不能一直拖着 |
[08:25] | I have to come clean so she can move on with her life. | 我得跟她说实话 让她放下我 |
[08:28] | This is crazy. She is not waiting– | 这太疯狂了 人家才不会等 |
[08:30] | Hi. Katie. It’s Cam. | 嘿 凯蒂 我是小卡 |
[08:33] | First ring. | 电话一响她就接了 |
[08:35] | I was hoping I would call, too. | 我也很期待打电话给你 |
[08:37] | Oh, smooth. | 真顺啊 |
[08:39] | So listen, I forgot to mention something last night, | 昨晚 我有些事没有说 |
[08:41] | and I’m–I’m actually not really quite sure how to say this. | 我不知道该如何说起 |
[08:46] | I’m a gay guy. | 我是个同志 |
[08:49] | Um, it’s actually somewhat delicate. | 其实是个比较微妙的话题 |
[08:51] | As am I, on account of the gay. | 就像我一样娇柔 因为我是同志 |
[08:53] | No, no, I had a great time with you, too, Katie. | 不 凯蒂 那天我也聊得很愉快 |
[08:55] | It’s–well, it’s just that– | 只是 只是 |
[08:56] | – I don’t dig the ladies. – No, no. And I want you to sit– | -我对妹子不敢兴趣 -不 你坐下来 |
[08:59] | I want you to have a seat on a chaise lounge. | 你先在卧榻上坐稳了 |
[09:02] | Hey, you wanna go out and | 想在比赛开始前 |
[09:03] | grab some dinner before the fight tonight? | 出去吃个晚饭吗 |
[09:05] | No, thank you. | 不用 多谢了 |
[09:07] | Wanna eat at home? | 想在家里自己开伙吗 |
[09:08] | I’ll grill some steaks, open a bottle of wine. | 我来烤点牛排 开瓶小酒 |
[09:11] | Whatever you want, because I’m not going to be here. | 随你便 我晚上要出去 |
[09:13] | She’s going Salsa Dancing without me. | 她要出去跳莎莎舞 居然不带我 |
[09:16] | Ay, Manny, I told you, it’s a 21 and over club. | 曼尼 我说了那俱乐部得年满21岁才能进 |
[09:20] | A forbidden dance floor. Only makes me want it more. | 禁入的舞所 才散发致命的诱惑 |
[09:23] | Wait a second. You’re going dancing with Shorty and Darlene? | 等一下 你要同”小短”和达琳去跳舞吗 |
[09:26] | Yes, because even though he’s old like you, | 没错 虽然他和你年纪一样大 |
[09:29] | he still likes to have fun. | 可他仍然喜欢出去找乐子 |
[09:31] | We like to have fun. | 我们也喜欢找乐子啊 |
[09:32] | Last week I took you to dinner, | 上周我还带你去吃晚饭了呢 |
[09:34] | went to the boat show, | 还看了船展 |
[09:36] | got some sherbet? | 还品尝了冰冻果子露 |
[09:37] | And we were home by 8:30 with no boat. | 结果一艘船也没买 才8点半就回家了 |
[09:39] | What do you want from me? I don’t like dancing. | 你想要我怎么做 我不喜欢跳舞 |
[09:42] | – I don’t like sherbet. – Yeah, right. | -我还不喜欢果子露呢 -是吗 |
[09:44] | How about coconut? | 那椰子呢 |
[09:45] | Who doesn’t like the coconut, hmm? Who? | 谁不喜欢椰子啊 谁 谁啊 |
[09:48] | And anyways, I’m going dancing with or without you. | 不管你去不去 反正我要去跳舞 |
[09:50] | Fine. I hope you have a good time with Shorty. | 行 我祝你和”小短”玩得愉快 |
[09:52] | I don’t need Shorty! | 我才不要和”小短”跳 |
[09:54] | I won’t have any problem finding a partner on my own! | 我随便找个舞伴 简直手到擒来 |
[09:58] | Wow. Way to rub it in, mom. | 妈 你又戳到我的痛处了 |
[10:04] | How’d it go, heartbreaker? | 谈得如何啊 爱情杀手 |
[10:05] | That is one classy lady… | 她真是个优雅的女士 |
[10:08] | – Which is why I couldn’t tell her. – What? | -所以我对她开不了口 -啥 |
[10:10] | Well… I just couldn’t do it on the phone. | 我没法在电话上说这事 |
[10:12] | She seemed so excited to hear from me, | 她接到我的电话时那么开心 |
[10:14] | and I’m very bad at disappointing people, Mitchell. | 我又不擅长伤别人的心 米奇尔 |
[10:17] | Not all people. | 我心已伤 |
[10:19] | Mama was right when she said | 我妈说的对 |
[10:20] | my charm was like a wild stallion– | 她说我的魅力好比脱缰的种马 |
[10:22] | If not properly bridled, it’ll bust down a barn. | 如果控制不当 定将毁家灭棚 |
[10:25] | Okay, you wanna get rid of your girlfriend? | 你想甩掉你的女友吗 |
[10:26] | Tell her that story. | 把你妈的话复述一遍就是了 |
[10:28] | Maybe I will when she comes over. She’s coming over. | 她过来时我会说的 她一会儿就到 |
[10:30] | Are you serious? | 你没开玩笑吧 |
[10:32] | She said she was in the area running errands. | 她说她正在附近办事 |
[10:33] | What was I supposed to say, “Don’t come over”? | 那我能说什么 别来我家 |
[10:35] | Well, I guess I could have said that, | 也许我是该那么说 |
[10:37] | but it’s too late now, | 可为时已晚 |
[10:38] | Plus I wanna break it to her gently. | 而且我想温柔地和她分手 |
[10:39] | So come on. Help me un-gay this place. | 所以 快来帮我将此地”去基化” |
[10:41] | You know what? I’ll make it less gay by half. | 我干脆走掉 就少了一半基味了 |
[10:43] | Oh, these flowers should go, too. | 这些花也得藏起来 |
[10:44] | You mean the ones underneath | 你是说那些放在 |
[10:45] | the portrait of you cuddling another man? | 你和某男勾肩搭背的照片下的花吗 |
[10:47] | Oh, good catch. | 说得对 |
[10:53] | Manny. | 曼尼 |
[10:54] | What’s up, big guy? | 什么事 老爹 |
[10:55] | How hard is it to learn this salsa dancing stuff? | 那个莎莎舞是不是很难学 |
[10:58] | Not hard at all. | 一点都不难 |
[10:59] | It’s about tapping into your emotion, | 重点是在舞步中带入你的感情 |
[11:01] | your passion, and your inner fire. | 你的激情 你心中暗藏的火焰 |
[11:04] | Crap! | 狗屁 |
[11:06] | I stink at dancing. | 我跳舞超烂 |
[11:08] | First dance at our wedding, | 我们跳婚礼上的第一支舞时 |
[11:09] | Gloria was all graceful and gorgeous, | 歌洛莉亚集优雅与华丽为一身 |
[11:11] | and I was all big and clunky. | 我则是又笨又拙的大块头 |
[11:13] | Like that scene from “Beauty and the beast.” | 就像动画片《美女与野兽》里的那一幕 |
[11:15] | Actually, that was the song. | 事实上 我们用的就是同名主题曲 |
[11:17] | Manny picked it. | 是曼尼选的 |
[11:19] | He didn’t like me back then. | 当时他诚心让我出丑 |
[11:23] | Back straight. Okay. | 背挺直 很好 |
[11:24] | Do as I do. | 跟我一起做 |
[11:26] | Other leg. | 另一只脚 |
[11:28] | Okay, stop marching. | 别像行军一样 |
[11:29] | You’re dancing, not invading Poland. | 你是在跳舞 不是德军入侵波兰 |
[11:38] | Hello, hi! | 爷俩好啊 |
[11:40] | I’m looking for Jay Pritchett. | 我想找一下杰·普里契特 |
[11:41] | He’s about 6’2″, tough guy, | 他身高188 硬汉一个 |
[11:43] | wrestles with homophobia… | 努力克服着恐同症 |
[11:45] | The hell are you doing here? | 你来这干嘛 |
[11:46] | Uh, I had to get out of the house. | 我得离开家门 |
[11:48] | Cam needed a little alone time with his new girlfriend. | 小卡和他的新女友要单独处处 |
[11:51] | – Don’t ask. – Don’t tell. | -别问 -别说 |
[11:53] | What’s going on here? | 你们在干嘛 |
[11:54] | He’s learning to dance, but he’s just so tense. | 他在学怎么跳舞 可他太僵硬 |
[11:56] | – It’s not working out. – ’cause you’re not letting go. | -完全不行 -因为你放不开自己 |
[11:58] | I’m trying. Don’t you think I want to be all smooth | 我尽力了 你以为我不想舞步翩翩 |
[12:00] | and make your mom happy out there? | 博得你妈笑开颜吗 |
[12:02] | But I just can’t do it, that’s all. | 可我就是不会跳舞 就这样 |
[12:04] | Jay, I’m not giving up on you. | 杰 我不会放弃你的 |
[12:06] | Okay. Hey, Manny, would you give us a second? | 好了 曼尼 能让我们单独聊聊吗 |
[12:09] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[12:11] | Dad, look, I-I know this is weird, | 爸 我知道这样做有点怪 |
[12:13] | but you and I are a lot alike. | 但我们爷俩其实很像 |
[12:15] | We’re self-conscious, okay? | 我们都太扭捏了 |
[12:17] | So, um, here. Just… | 所以 这个 |
[12:20] | The hell is this? | 这是啥玩意儿 |
[12:21] | It’s just something that some people take at clubs | 就是有些人会在夜店吃的那种东西 |
[12:23] | to, you know, loosen up. | 用来放松自己 |
[12:24] | You take this? | 你吃过这玩意儿? |
[12:26] | A gay man who hates dancing | 一个痛恨跳舞的基佬 |
[12:27] | Lives in a sad and lonely little world. | 只能烂在自己的孤独小世界里 |
[12:29] | This just melts your inhibitions, | 这玩意儿能让你不再拘谨 |
[12:31] | And–and you can dance all night, | 让你激情欢跳一整晚 |
[12:32] | Plus it gives you a raging– | 同时也能让你”性致”大发… |
[12:34] | I don’t wanna– | 我不想听 |
[12:35] | I don’t like this at all. | 我不喜欢搞歪门邪道 |
[12:36] | Just hold on to it. Just in case. | 你就拿着吧 以防万一 |
[12:38] | Come on. It’s fine. | 好啦 没事 |
[12:39] | Jay, I wanna show you something. | 杰 我要给你看点东西 |
[12:41] | A farmer in new zealand taught a pig to dance. | 一位新西兰的农民教会一头猪翩翩起舞 |
[12:47] | See how he keeps his snout up? | 瞧人家猪兄那鼻子挺的 |
[12:54] | Yep. This is it. | 对 就是这里 |
[12:58] | This is what? | 来这儿干嘛 |
[13:00] | This. | 这个 |
[13:03] | I-I can’t do this. I can’t get out of the car. | 我 我做不到 我没办法下车 |
[13:06] | I’m sorry. I’m too embarrassed. | 对不起 我太难为情了 |
[13:08] | Would you just tell me what’s going on? | 你能不能告诉我到底怎么回事 |
[13:10] | Okay. I-I want you to go read | 好吧 我需要你读一下 |
[13:13] | what’s carved in that tree. | 刻在那棵树上的字 |
[13:16] | Mom, you’re freaking me out. | 妈 你有点吓着我了 |
[13:17] | Just do it. Do it, Haley. | 照做就行了 去读吧 海莉 |
[13:38] | Have fun getting home! | 回家路上玩的开心呦 |
[13:41] | There’s your obstacle! | 摆在你眼前的就是困难 |
[13:43] | What?! Are you kidding me?! | 什么 你跟我开玩笑呢吧 |
[13:54] | Oh! Son of a… | 妈的… |
[13:56] | Brisket! Why does that keep happening? | 擦啊 怎么老是这样 |
[13:59] | Maybe I need a nail gun. | 或许我需要个射钉枪 |
[14:00] | Okay, that’s it! I’m out! | 得嘞 行了 我不玩了 |
[14:02] | What do you mean, you’re out? | 什么意思 你不玩了 |
[14:03] | Where are you going? | 你去哪啊 |
[14:05] | Dad, no offense, | 老爸 恕我冒犯 |
[14:06] | But I’ve seen you with a glue gun. | 我见识过您拿喷胶枪搞出什么状况 |
[14:08] | I think a nail is gonna be harder to get out of my hair. | 要是把钉子弄进我脑袋 可比胶水难伺候多了 |
[14:11] | No, don’t go! I’m doing this for you! | 别 别走啊 我建这个可是为了你啊 |
[14:14] | Are you, dad? | 是吗 老爸 |
[14:15] | Are you? | 是吗 |
[14:17] | The kid made me think with that one. | 孩子的话令我深思 |
[14:20] | Who was I really doing this for? | 我做这个到底是为了谁 |
[14:22] | Sometimes I just say, | 有的时候我只要一说 |
[14:24] | “Are you, dad? Are you?” | “是吗 老爸 是吗” |
[14:25] | Because he gets real quiet | 老爸就会沉默不语 |
[14:27] | And doesn’t notice when I walk away. | 而且不会意识到我已经闪人了 |
[14:33] | It’s weird, | 好奇怪啊 |
[14:34] | because I feel so comfortable around you already. | 只要在你身边 我就觉得很心安 |
[14:36] | You know, last night when I got home, | 昨晚我回到家后 |
[14:38] | I just started thinking about | 我就开始想那些 |
[14:40] | all of the fun things that we could do together, you know? | 我们可以一起做的趣事 知道吗 |
[14:43] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[14:44] | I don’t wanna scare you off, | 我不想把你吓跑 |
[14:45] | But my sister’s getting married in a couple of weeks, | 但是我姐姐几周后就要结婚了 |
[14:48] | And I so don’t wanna go to that thing alone. | 我可不想一个人参加婚礼 |
[14:51] | Maybe you could be my date? | 或许你可以做我的男伴 |
[14:53] | Katie, you’re an amazing woman. | 凯蒂 你是个很好的女人 |
[14:56] | You’re smart, you’re beautiful, | 你聪明 又美丽 |
[14:59] | And how fun is that handbag? | 而且手袋都那么好看 |
[15:01] | This is gonna come as a little bit of a shock. | 我接下来要说的 你可能会有点震惊 |
[15:05] | I’m fairly gay. | 我是个货真价实的基佬 |
[15:07] | I don’t know why I said that. | 我不知道我怎么冒出这么一句 |
[15:09] | I’m–I’m totally gay. | 我 我是个彻头彻尾的基佬 |
[15:11] | Just gay. | 基的无可救药 |
[15:15] | You’re telling me you’re gay? | 你是在告诉我你是同性恋吗 |
[15:17] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[15:19] | Why? | 为什么 |
[15:19] | I was born that way. I mean, you know, it’s just– | 我生来如此 我是说 你知道… |
[15:21] | No, why are you telling me? | 不是 你干嘛告诉我啊 |
[15:23] | I mean, I know you’re gay. | 我是说 我早知道你是同性恋啊 |
[15:25] | It’s obvious. | 很明显啊 |
[15:26] | Well, it’s not that– it’s not that obvious. | 也没…也不是那么明显吧 |
[15:28] | Well, yeah. | 基爆了啊 |
[15:29] | The way you talk and walk and dress | 你说话 走路 穿衣的方式 |
[15:31] | And your theatrical hand gestures– | 还有你那很戏剧性的手势 |
[15:33] | I do not have theatrical hand gestures. | 我没什么戏剧性的手势 |
[15:35] | Okay, maybe I am moderately…expressive. | 好吧 我确实有点…基态外露 |
[15:39] | But why would you give me your number? | 但你干嘛给我你的电话号码啊 |
[15:41] | Oh, because I want a gay friend– | 因为我想有一个基佬闺蜜啊 |
[15:43] | Someone I can dish with, | 一个能陪我闲聊八卦 |
[15:45] | Give me guy advice, and I can shop with– | 给我男生的建议 也可以一起血拼 |
[15:48] | Those are totally offensive stereotypes. | 那些绝对是世人对同志陈旧片面的认识 |
[15:51] | We could go see Julia Roberts movies together. | 我们可以一起去看茱莉亚·罗伯茨的电影 |
[15:53] | I know her, and she’s as nice as she seems on screen. | 我知道她 而且她无论银幕内外都很美 |
[15:55] | – Shut up. Really? Is she? – She is, yeah. | -不是吧 真的吗 -当然是 |
[15:58] | Wait, what–so you were pretending to be straight, | 等等 如此说来 你是想假装成直男 |
[16:00] | And hitting on me? | 然后勾搭我 |
[16:02] | I was just a stupid bar bet. | 只不过是个愚蠢的酒吧赌罢了 |
[16:04] | My boyfriend–oh, he’s here… | 我男友 他回来了 |
[16:07] | Bet me that I couldn’t get a beautiful woman’s number. | 打赌说没有哪个美女会留电话号码给我 |
[16:10] | And as a proud gay man, I know it shouldn’t matter, | 身为一个自豪的同志 我知道女人都是浮云 |
[16:12] | But I-I just wish everyone could find me attractive. | 但 我就是希望自己的魅力能通杀男女 |
[16:16] | Oh. But now he’s gonna get to gloat, | 但是 现在轮到他幸灾乐祸了 |
[16:19] | And I guess I deserve it. | 不过这也是我活该 |
[16:23] | Oh my god! | 我的天啊[唇语] |
[16:24] | How’s–how’s it going? | 谈得 谈得怎么样啊 |
[16:25] | Hello. | 你好 |
[16:26] | This is Katie, and, uh, it turns out, well… | 这位是凯蒂 结果发现 事实上 [很好]… |
[16:29] | [Well此处是个语气词 本身也有好的意思 才会引起下文的误会] | |
[16:30] | No, actually. | 事实上 不好 |
[16:32] | It doesn’t turn out well. | 进行得相当不好 |
[16:34] | Because I thought I finally met a nice, funny guy, | 因为我以为我终于找到一位又好又风趣的男人 |
[16:38] | Who is also hot! | 而且还超级性感 |
[16:40] | And now he’s telling me he’s gay?! | 但现在他告诉我说他是同性恋 |
[16:42] | He’s, like, the least gay person i have ever met in my entire life! | 他简直是 我这辈子碰见的最不像同性恋的人 |
[16:48] | And I thought he was the one! | 而且我以为他就是我的真命天子呢 |
[16:50] | And I even told my mom about him! | 而且我还告诉我妈呢 |
[16:53] | You better cherish him! | 你最好给我好好珍惜他 |
[17:10] | Are you sure you’re gay? | 你确定你是同性恋吗 |
[17:11] | – No. – Cam. | -不确定 -小卡 |
[17:13] | Yes. | 确定 |
[17:15] | Yes. Look… | 确定 听着 |
[17:17] | You’re gonna find somebody, | 你会找到你的真命天子的 |
[17:19] | Because you’re an amazing girl, Katie. | 因为你是个出色的女人 凯蒂 |
[17:21] | You’re the whole package. | 你是个极品好女人 |
[17:23] | I just prefer somebody who has one. | 但我喜欢的是有”鸡”的男人 |
[17:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:36] | Oh… My… God! | 我 的 天 哪 |
[17:38] | That was a lot of girl tongue! | 爷我刚才啃的可是女人的香舌呢 |
[17:41] | I think I need a drink-a-doodle-doo. | 看来我可得好好喝上一杯了 |
[17:47] | What was that? | 你那算什么 |
[17:49] | Hello, Haley. How was your day? | 你好啊 海莉 今天过得怎样 |
[17:51] | I have no money, no cell phone… | 我身无分文 又没手机 |
[17:54] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢哦 |
[17:55] | What?! | 你说什么 |
[17:56] | I listened to you. | 我听取了你的意见 |
[17:57] | I stopped coddling you, and look– | 我不再娇惯你了 你看看 |
[17:59] | You overcame an obstacle. | 你成功克服了困难 |
[18:00] | Oh! Yeah! I did! | 是哦 我做到了 |
[18:02] | I grew up normal despite my crazy mom! | 家有疯母 我很庆幸自己是个正常孩子 |
[18:05] | Well, that sounds like the beginning of a great essay. | 拿这句当你的论文开头挺不错的 |
[18:07] | “Dear college…” | 亲爱的大学 |
[18:08] | Oh, honey, if you get stuck, let me know, | 亲爱的 要是你又卡住了 告诉我 |
[18:11] | And I’ll make you sleep out in the yard. | 我会让你睡在院子里的 |
[18:12] | You’re psychotic! | 你是个神经病 |
[18:14] | Use spell check! | 记得检查拼写哦 |
[18:25] | Don’t just sit there! Get out here! | 别干坐在那儿 快过来 |
[18:27] | I’m good, I’m good. | 不用了 我很好 |
[18:29] | Okay! | 好吧 |
[18:31] | Hola! You’re looking so good! | 你好啊 你看上去真漂亮 |
[18:32] | How long has it been? | 我们多久没见了 |
[18:33] | We don’t know each other. Go away. | 别装作我们认识 滚开 |
[18:35] | Fair enough. | 好吧 |
[18:38] | Hola! | 你好啊 |
[18:39] | You’re looking so good. How long has it been? | 你看上去真漂亮 我们多久没见了 |
[18:42] | What was wrong with that guy? | 那人怎么不好了 |
[18:44] | Yeah, I would have danced with him. | 就是啊 我都想和他共舞呢 |
[18:45] | He’s got nice shoulders. | 他的肩膀超级正 |
[18:45] | Aw, you know, Salsa is so intimate and sensual | 跳莎莎舞要与舞伴亲密接触 欲情荡漾 |
[18:48] | that it feels wrong to do it with somebody else that is not Jay. | 和别的男人跳 感觉好罪恶 |
[18:52] | Aw. You know, Darlene feels the same way. | 达琳也是这么觉得的 |
[18:53] | If I wasn’t here, she’s be holding up the wall. | 要是我不在 她会去找道墙 |
[18:55] | Yeah. A wall of men. | 是啊 男人墙 |
[18:57] | You know, I think I should go home to my loving husband | 我觉得我该回家陪我那可爱的老公了 |
[19:01] | and pull him close and tell him that I danced with 20 men. | 然后在他耳边说我和20个男人跳了舞 |
[19:05] | He’s not home. | 他不在家 |
[19:07] | He’s in a dicey neighborhood | 他此刻身在一个治安差劲的地方 |
[19:08] | worried about his car. | 时刻担心他的车被盗 |
[19:12] | Jay! | 杰 |
[19:14] | What, are we gonna kiss or dance? | 怎么 你是要亲亲还是要跳舞 |
[19:15] | Let’s dance! | 舞起来吧 |
[19:18] | I’m dead set against drugs. | 我是坚决抵制嗑药的 |
[19:19] | “Just say no” And all that stuff. | 面对禁药 必须坚决说不 |
[19:21] | But I thought, | 可我觉得 |
[19:22] | Just this once for Gloria. | 为了歌洛莉亚破一次例又何妨 |
[19:27] | And if I was gonna make a complete ass of myself, | 要是我真嗑高了 出尽洋相 |
[19:29] | I didn’t wanna remember it. | 我可不要记起来 |
[19:35] | The big drug I gave him– baby aspirin. Orange-flavored. | 我给他的那粒药 其实是儿童阿司匹林 桔子口味 |
[19:38] | He could have chewed it. | 他应该咀嚼的 |
[19:43] | Home come you never surprise me like that? | 为什么你就从未给我这样的惊喜 |
[19:45] | I do surprise you. | 我当然给过你惊喜 |
[19:46] | No, you don’t. You never surprise me… | 你才没有 你从来都没有 |
[19:57] | That’s gonna be a hell of a tree house. | 一定会是座很了不起的树屋的 |
[19:59] | Oh, thanks. I’m trying. | 谢谢关心 我正努力呢 |
[20:03] | It’s for my son, but he’s kind of lost interest. | 本来为我儿子造的 可貌似他失去兴趣了 |
[20:05] | It’s kind of like my daughter with the dog. | 和我女儿养狗一样 |
[20:07] | Which is why I’m the one out here doing this. | 最后只能由我来拣狗屎了 |
[20:10] | Did you just move in? | 你刚搬进来吗 |
[20:11] | Lived here eight years. You? | 都住了8年了 你呢 |
[20:14] | 12. | 12年了 |
[20:17] | You know, me and my friends, | 当年我和我的朋友 |
[20:19] | We, uh, we built a te house when I was a kid. | 儿时造过一个树屋 |
[20:20] | We spent hours in that thing. | 我们在那里面度过很多美好时光 |
[20:22] | Loved it. | 但很享受 |
[20:23] | Me, too. | 我也一样 |
[20:25] | You need any help? | 需要帮忙吗 |
[20:27] | Yes, a lot. | 当然 |
[20:29] | But I-I don’t wanna bother you. | 可我不想麻烦你 |
[20:31] | Only thing that bothers me | 唯一让我不爽的 |
[20:32] | is that drunken amish roof you got up there. | 是你那东倒西歪的屋顶 |
[20:34] | Do you even have a level? | 你没有水平测量仪吗 |
[20:35] | I did, but I might have gotten frustrated | 本来有的 可我感觉有点受挫 |
[20:37] | and thrown it into your yard. | 一气之下扔到你院子里了 |
[20:39] | Let me find it. I’ll be right over. | 我找找看 马上就过来 |
[20:41] | Thanks. | 多谢啊 |
[20:42] | I’m Phil, by the way. | 顺便提下 我叫菲尔 |
[20:44] | I’m Andre. Nice to meet you, phil. | 我叫安德瑞 很高兴认识你 菲尔 |
[20:47] | Nice to meet you, Andre. | 很高兴认识你 安德瑞 |
[20:48] | So I guess I was wrong when I said once you get older, | 看来我之前说一旦长大后 |
[20:50] | it’s harder to make new friends. | 很难再交到朋友是错的 |
[20:53] | Hey, honey! There’s a dude in the tree that’s cool! | 快看 亲爱的 树上那人酷极了 |
[20:55] | Andre, it turns out, is an orthopedic surgeon, | 安德瑞其实是一个整形医生 |
[20:58] | Handy with tools, and a great guy to hang out with. | 任何工具都得心应手 同时也是个好玩伴 |
[21:02] | Plus he’s a badass black man | 而且 他是个犀利的黑鬼头 |
[21:04] | that gives me extra street cred. | 让我在社区增加不少威望 |
[21:06] | That’s his joke. | 那个是他编的笑话 |
[21:08] | He’s my brotha from a different motha. | 他是我同父异母的兄弟 |
[21:12] | – What was that? – Different– | -你胡说什么 -异… |
[21:13] | – That’s not it. – What is it? | -不是那样的 -那是什么 |
[21:15] | It’s “Brother from another mother.” | 应该是 亲如兄弟 |
[21:16] | Brotha from anotha motha– | 亲如兄弟 |
[21:17] | Slow down. Slow it down. | 慢慢来 慢慢来 |
[21:18] | Brotha from another motha. | 亲如兄弟 |
[21:20] | Forget it. Don’t– just don’t say it. Forget it. | 算了 别说了 算了 |