时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Come on, boys! | 孩子们起床了 |
[00:06] | It’s leap day, not sleep day! | 今儿个可是闰日 不是困日 |
[00:10] | I love leap day! | 我超爱闰日 |
[00:13] | It’s kind of a big deal in the Dunphy house. | 算是邓菲家的重大节日吧 |
[00:15] | This year, we even got Manny involved. | 今年我们甚至把曼尼都拉进来了 |
[00:16] | You’re given this gift of 24 extra hours. | 老天赐予你多出来的24小时 |
[00:19] | You can’t waste it at work or school. | 可不能浪费在工作或学习上 |
[00:21] | You have to do something extraordinary, | 得用来做些非同寻常的事 |
[00:22] | something shocking. | 令人震惊的事 |
[00:24] | This year, the entire family is taking a trapeze class. | 今年 我们全家要去学习玩”空中飞人” |
[00:28] | How extraordinary is that? | 非同寻常吧 |
[00:29] | It was my idea. | 那可是我的主意 |
[00:30] | How shocking is that? | 震惊吧 |
[00:31] | I can be spontaneous every four years. | 每隔四年我都会心血来潮一次 |
[00:34] | I can’t wait. | 我都等不及了 |
[00:35] | Leap day is stupid. | 闰日什么的傻爆了 |
[00:37] | You’re not understanding the logic behind it. | 你没有理解其背后的因果关系 |
[00:39] | A year is actually 365.25 days. | 一年实际上有365.25天 |
[00:43] | Every four years, we gain one day. | 所以每隔四年 就会多出一天 |
[00:45] | If we didn’t adjust the calendar in, say, 40 years, | 如果不靠闰日来调整的话 大约40年后 |
[00:48] | February would almost be January. | 二月就变成一月了 |
[00:51] | That’s not my problem, and it’s definitely not your problem. | 关我屁事 关你屁事 |
[00:54] | Look at this. | 看看 |
[00:55] | The housekeeper turned another one of my whites pink. | 家政又把我的白衣服染成粉红了 |
[00:58] | I can’t wear this to a sports bar. | 我不能穿着这个去运动酒吧 |
[01:00] | Mm, they’re not going to be looking at you, Jay. | 群众的目光又不会在你身上 杰 |
[01:02] | Somebody’s feeling pretty good about herself. | 某人自我感觉相当良好哦 |
[01:04] | They’re going to be watching the match. | 他们关注的是比赛 |
[01:06] | You meant you a little bit. | 你还是暗指了一下自己吧 |
[01:09] | Okay, put it in there. | 好 插在这里 |
[01:11] | All right, very quietly, | 好了 悄悄的哦 |
[01:12] | we’re gonna go to daddy’s bedroom, open the door, | 我们要去二爸的卧室 打开门 |
[01:18] | Happy birthday to me. | 祝我生日快乐 |
[01:20] | – I’m 10! – 40! | -我满10岁了 -是40岁 |
[01:23] | I was born February 29th, | 我生在2月29日 |
[01:24] | and there have been ten of those… in my lifetime, | 至今为止这日子出现过10次 |
[01:27] | therefore I’m 10! | 所以人家才10岁 |
[01:28] | It’s fun. | 太好玩了 |
[01:29] | It’s so much fun. | 相当好玩 |
[01:31] | Anyway, I-I’ve spent the last four years | 总之 我这四年都在琢磨 |
[01:33] | trying to figure to what kind of party to throw this one. | 为我家老公办什么样的派对 |
[01:36] | Oh, honey, you know I’d be fine | 亲爱的 你知道 |
[01:37] | with just a nice casual evening at home with you. | 能和你在家随便过一晚我就很满足了 |
[01:39] | Don’t–don’t even. | 别 可别这么说 |
[01:40] | No. No! That’s what he said last time. | 他上次就来这一套 |
[01:44] | Okay, birthday boy, what’s it gonna be– | 好 小寿星 要看什么呢 |
[01:47] | Rom com or horror? | 爱情喜剧片还是恐怖片 |
[01:48] | Or we can do both and watch “Maid in Manhattan.” | 或者是兼具这两种风格的《女佣变凤凰》 |
[01:51] | Whatcha doing? | 你干嘛 |
[01:52] | Canceling our baby. | 我不要跟你一起养孩子了 |
[02:07] | Okay, love to dad. Bye! Mwah! | 行 向爸爸问好 拜 |
[02:13] | Daddy, what are you doing? | 二爸 你在干嘛 |
[02:14] | Yeah, daddy, what are you doing? | 是啊 二爸 你干什么呢 |
[02:17] | Snooping for hints about your birthday? | 在偷找你生日派对的线索吗 |
[02:20] | No, I’m just excited, and I wanna be helpful. | 不 人家只是太兴奋了 想帮帮忙嘛 |
[02:23] | I know party planning isn’t your thing. | 我知道你不擅长策划派对什么的 |
[02:26] | Y-you need to trust me, Cam. | 你得对我有点信心 小卡 |
[02:28] | I know, and I do. | 我知道 我真的信任你 |
[02:30] | It’s not like you’re gonna do anything tired, | 反正你也”不会”弄什么过时的东西 |
[02:32] | like appletinis or ice sculptures. | 比如苹果马提尼啊 冰雕啊 |
[02:33] | Or synthetic napkins or anything mylar. | 或者是合成纤维餐巾 聚酯产品之类 |
[02:35] | Cam, that’s enough! | 够了 小卡 |
[02:36] | I’ve been paying for your last party for four years. | 这四年来我都在为上次的派对赎罪 |
[02:39] | And I find it a little insulting | 而且你不相信我能 |
[02:40] | that you don’t think I can pull this off. | 办好这派对 有点侮辱人呢 |
[02:42] | You know what? | 好吧 |
[02:44] | I trust you. I’m letting go. | 我相信你 我放手不管了 |
[02:46] | – Okay. – Okay? | -好吧 -好吗 |
[02:48] | You know orange is over, right? | 你知道橘色已经不流行了 对吧 |
[02:49] | It’s a simple party. I can do it. | 不过是个简单的派对 我干得来 |
[02:51] | Simple. | 简单 |
[02:53] | Perfect. | “好”极了 |
[02:55] | Yeah, just a simple party. | 没错 只是一个”简单的”派对 |
[02:57] | I’m simply taking Cam’s favorite movie, “The wizard of Oz,” | 我”简单地”选了小卡最爱的电影《绿野仙踪》 |
[03:00] | and turning our house into an oz-themed extravaganza– | 把家里变身为绿野仙踪主题嘉年华 |
[03:03] | Yellow brick carpet, waitstaff in full costume, | 黄砖图案的地毯 身着戏装的招待 |
[03:07] | and custom-made ruby slippers for Cam. | 以及为小卡量身打造的红宝石鞋 |
[03:09] | Whazzup?! | 帅吧 |
[03:11] | So is this safe? | 那活动安全吗 |
[03:12] | It’s a trapeze. | 不过是个”空中飞人” |
[03:13] | Relax. More people are killed by knife-wielding strangers | 放轻松 “空中飞人”比被陌生人持刀杀害 |
[03:16] | than from trapezing. | 死得少多了 |
[03:18] | I’m thinking about going home now. | 我有点想直接回家宅着了 |
[03:26] | Honey, are you okay? | 亲爱的 你还好吧 |
[03:28] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[03:30] | I’m watching… | 我在看 |
[03:31] | It’s so sad. | 太催泪了 |
[03:35] | Oh, no. Not today. | 天啊 可别在今天啊 |
[03:37] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[03:38] | Nothing. No, your mom’s just, uh… | 没事 你妈只是 |
[03:40] | feeling emotional. | 情绪有点激动而已 |
[03:41] | She was like this last month and the month before | 她上个月这时候就这德行 上上个月也是 |
[03:44] | and the month before. | 上上上个月也是 |
[03:45] | What?! I could kill someone! | 啥 老娘要杀人了 |
[03:47] | No, I can’t hear you! | 我听不见你说话 |
[03:49] | This stupid phone gets no reception in this stupid house! Aah! | 这傻缺电话在这破房子里收不到信号 |
[03:54] | Dear god, no. | 苍天啊 不会吧 |
[03:56] | I’d heard rumors. | 我听过传言 |
[03:57] | Yeah, we all had, | 没错 大家都听说过 |
[03:59] | that females living or working in close quarters | 女人们在一起工作生活 |
[04:02] | could eventually get on the same… cycle. | 最后经期就会变得一致 |
[04:05] | But I always assumed that was a story designed | 不过我一直以为这说法是编来 |
[04:06] | to keep women out of submarine corps. | 阻止女性加入潜艇部队的 |
[04:11] | This isn’t milk. What’s wrong with me today? | 这不是牛奶 我今天到底怎么了 |
[04:13] | My brain’s not working right. | 大脑都不正常运转了 |
[04:15] | No. | 不会吧 |
[04:16] | I can’t focus… | 我没法集中 |
[04:19] | Three legs? | 三条腿 |
[04:21] | It’s not fair. | 太不公平了 |
[04:22] | I know. | 我就说嘛 |
[04:23] | Oh, no! It’s sad. | 太催泪了 |
[04:25] | Oh, my god. They’re gonna ruin everything. | 我的天 这下乐子全被她们毁了 |
[04:27] | No. We–we just need to be extra sensitive. | 没有的事 咱们多长点心眼就行 |
[04:30] | Phil, honey, when do we need to leave? | 菲尔 亲爱的 什么时候出发 |
[04:31] | Whenever’s good for you, sweetie. Maybe 20 minutes? | 你准备好就行 亲爱的 20分钟后好吗 |
[04:34] | – 20 minutes?! – Then which one is it, Phil? | -20分钟 -给个准话好吗 菲尔 |
[04:35] | Is it whenever it’s good for me or is it 20 minutes?! | 是等我准备好还是20分钟后 |
[04:38] | Whenever you’re ready! | 你们准备好就行 |
[04:40] | It happened– Satan’s trifecta. | 该来的还是来了 那些年一起来的大姨妈 |
[04:43] | The day I most dreaded had fallen on the day I most loved. | 我最恐惧的一天 降临在了我最爱的这一天 |
[04:50] | They’re gonna ruin trapezing. | 她们会毁了这次”空中飞人” |
[04:52] | I bet they don’t even catch me. | 我打赌她们已经有点错乱了 |
[04:53] | Why are you so afraid of them? They’re reasonable. | 你这么害怕干嘛 她们都是通情达理的人 |
[04:56] | Why don’t we just suggest they stay home, | 不如建议让她们待在家里 |
[04:57] | – considering they’re all on their menst– – Shh! | -好好招待大姨… -嘘 |
[05:00] | The first rule of dealing with the cycle– | 对付大姨妈的第一要点是 |
[05:02] | You never mention the cycle. | 绝口不提那仨字 |
[05:03] | You tiptoe around it. | 要旁敲侧击打埋伏 |
[05:05] | The woman’s actually taken great pains | 女人要承受异常的苦痛 |
[05:07] | to hide the monster she’s become. | 来压制身体里的魔鬼 |
[05:09] | But if you acknowledge it, that brings the monster forth. | 但要是说出真相 那魔鬼拦都拦不住了 |
[05:13] | My god. | 老天 |
[05:14] | And there’s three of them. | 一来就是三只啊 |
[05:16] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[05:17] | I have a plan. | 我有个计划 |
[05:20] | It’s kind of traditional for people to lean in | 通常有人说”我有个计划”时 |
[05:22] | when somebody says, “I have a plan.” | 大家就应该前倾围过来的 |
[05:26] | Okay… | 好的 |
[05:27] | Ja! Ja! Ja! Ja! | 好 好 好 好 |
[05:31] | Ooh! No! | 不要啊 |
[05:32] | Si! Si! Si! Si! | 冲 冲 冲 冲 |
[05:34] | Goal! | 进了 |
[05:37] | Goal! | 进了 |
[05:39] | You should call your country “The Never-lands” | 你应该管你们国家叫”荷烂” |
[05:41] | – Because you’re never– – Ja, because we are never going to win. | -因为你们永远不可… -对 因为我们永远不可能赢 |
[05:44] | You said that a billion times. | 你都说了无数遍了 |
[05:45] | Just go home. | 回家洗洗睡吧 |
[05:46] | Why don’t you Dutch people go home? | 你这荷兰佬干嘛不回家洗洗睡 |
[05:49] | Someone should shut your Colombian mouth! | 闭上你的哥伦比亚大嘴巴吧 |
[05:51] | – Okay, I wanna see you try! – Uh, is there a problem over here? | -有本事试试看 -有什么问题吗 |
[05:53] | Yes. There is a problem, and you’re married to her. | 没错 大问题 你娶的就是个大问题 |
[05:56] | Really? Well, let me make a suggestion. | 是吗 我倒是有个提议 |
[05:59] | Why don’t you sit down, I send you over a beer, | 你好好坐着 我请你喝杯啤酒 |
[06:01] | my wife and I watch from over there? | 我和我妻子坐到那边看 |
[06:03] | That way, everybody enjoys the game– | 这样就皆大欢喜了 |
[06:05] | Except me, ’cause I prefer a game where something happens. | 除了我 因为我更喜欢看激烈点的比赛 |
[06:08] | Gloria, let’s go. | 歌洛莉亚 我们走 |
[06:10] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[06:14] | I thought you were going to punch that guy back there. | 我还以为你刚刚要揍那家伙呢 |
[06:16] | Ah, I got 60 pounds on the kid. | 我比那孩子壮60磅呢 |
[06:18] | Yeah. It’s just that I’ve heard so many stories about you fighting. | 也对 只是听过很多关于你的英勇事迹 |
[06:22] | And– it’s not worth the trouble. | 为这点小事没必要的 |
[06:23] | Yeah, and he has all those friends and… | 对啊 他那儿还有一大帮朋友 |
[06:26] | Well, his friends had nothing to do with it. | 跟人多人少没关系 |
[06:28] | I mean, sometimes it’s better to take the high road. | 有时候 得饶人处且饶人嘛 |
[06:30] | Yeah, it’s better that you walked away. | 当缩头乌龟是挺好的 |
[06:33] | Gloria, I get– I get the impression | 歌洛莉亚 我感觉你 |
[06:34] | – you’re disappointed I didn’t punch that guy. – Of course not. | -对我没出手有点失望 -哪有的事 |
[06:37] | Who needs all that manly, protect-your-woman stuff? | 谁在乎那些为媳妇不顾一切的爷们气概啊 |
[06:40] | No, see, like, right there. You’re saying one thing, | 不是 你看你又这样 嘴上说一套 |
[06:43] | but it feels like you mean the opposite. | 心里想的完全相反 |
[06:44] | – No. – That’s a “Yes.” | -没有 -那就是有 |
[06:46] | Look, Jay, I just came to watch the game. | 听着 杰 我就是来看球赛的 |
[06:49] | – I don’t want to fight. – Neither do I. | -我可不想跟人吵 -我也不想[打架] |
[06:51] | I know. | 我就知道 |
[06:53] | So in keeping with the film, | 为了与电影场景一致 |
[06:55] | this area will be in black and white, | 这部分要变成黑白 |
[06:57] | and then an explosion of technicolor. | 然后这边就是明快的彩色 |
[07:00] | Best part–as the guests are coming in… | 最棒的部分 宾客一进来 |
[07:03] | Auntie Em! Auntie Em! | 埃姆婶婶 埃姆婶婶[片中台词] |
[07:06] | A simulated tornado. | 模拟龙卷风是也 |
[07:07] | Yeah. Oh, he’s gonna love that. | 真好 他一定会爱死的 |
[07:09] | – So the appletinis are canceled… – Yes. | -苹果马提尼不要了 -没错 |
[07:11] | The little Toto dog is ordered, and… | 小狗托托也订好了 还有 |
[07:13] | Please tell me that you are not mixing punch in costume! | 别告诉我你穿着戏服还捣鼓潘趣酒呢 |
[07:18] | Oh, no! W-what is Cam doing home? | 不是吧 小卡回家干嘛 |
[07:21] | – Hey. – Hey. | -你好 -你好 |
[07:23] | We’re the monkeys. | 我们来扮猴子的 |
[07:23] | Yes, hi. Hi. Come on inside. Quickly, quickly. | 你们好 请进 快点 快点 |
[07:26] | Hi. Okay, one second. | 你好 等会就来 |
[07:28] | Hey! Whatcha doing home? | 回来干嘛啊 |
[07:30] | Are you checking on me and the party again? | 你又不放心我 回来检查派对情况吗 |
[07:31] | No, no. I left my cell phone in your car | 没有 我把手机落你车里了 |
[07:33] | and I gotta be in touch with mama today. | 一会儿还得跟我妈联系呢 |
[07:34] | She’s talking to the insurance agency for the first time | 她今天第一次跟保险公司谈 |
[07:36] | to see if they’re gonna rebuild grandpa’s farm. | 看看他们能不能重建爷爷的农场 |
[07:38] | Rebuild the… | 重建 |
[07:40] | Because of the tornado. | 因为龙卷风 |
[07:42] | I totally missed the connection. | 我完全忘了这茬 |
[07:44] | A month after the most devastating twister | 就在有史以来最具毁灭性的龙卷风 |
[07:46] | that ever hit Cam’s hometown, | 席卷小卡家乡一个月后 |
[07:48] | I throw a party | 我筹备了一个 |
[07:49] | based on gay cinema’s most famous tornado. | 以同志电影中最著名的龙卷风为主题的派对 |
[07:54] | Yeah, you know, it’s been a month, | 是的 都过去一个月了 |
[07:56] | and she hasn’t heard anything, and she’s just beside herself. | 保险方面还没有任何消息 她都快发疯了 |
[07:59] | And then you know what else? | 你知道还有什么很糟糕吗 |
[08:00] | Lily succumbed to her injuries. | 莉莉因伤去世了 |
[08:02] | – Your aunt Lily died? – No, the family pig. | -你莉莉姨妈去世了 -没有 是我家的猪 |
[08:04] | Aunt Lily was a… | 莉莉姨妈是头 |
[08:05] | We named our daughter after a pig? | 咱闺女是以头猪起名的啊 |
[08:07] | Could you just witness my pain instead of criticizing? | 你能不能看看我的伤痛 暂时别抱怨了 |
[08:09] | I just want to be in touch with my family today. | 我今天只想跟家人聊聊 |
[08:11] | Get all this tornado stuff behind me so I can enjoy… | 忘掉该死的龙卷风 这样才能享受 |
[08:15] | the fabulous party you’re planning for me! | 你为我准备的超赞派对 |
[08:18] | Yeah! You gotta get outta here! | 没错 赶紧走吧 |
[08:19] | – Okay. Hey, listen. Hey, Cam? – Yeah? | -好的 听着小卡 -咋了 |
[08:21] | You just call your family, tell them I said “Hi.” | 你就跟家人叙叙吧 帮我问好 |
[08:23] | And don’t worry about being back at 6:00 on the dot. | 也不用急着六点整准时回来啦 |
[08:25] | There’s a little breathing room. | 你可以先缓缓 |
[08:26] | Oh, what, are you kidding me? | 什么 没搞错吧 |
[08:28] | The sooner I can start to party, | 派对一嗨起 |
[08:30] | the sooner I can start to forget. | 烦恼全忘掉 |
[08:32] | But then again. | 但再说一遍 |
[08:32] | Hey, if you keep running from every reminder of the tornado, | 如果你逃避跟龙卷风有关的一切 |
[08:35] | doesn’t the tornado win? | 那不就败给龙卷风了吗 |
[08:37] | Mitchell, my grandpa runs to his pickup truck every morning | 米奇尔 我爷爷天天早上去看小货车 |
[08:39] | because he thinks the pitchfork is gonna come back down. | 因为他觉得草耙随时会从天掉回 |
[08:41] | The tornado always wins. | 龙卷风是不可战胜的 |
[08:43] | Okay, well, it’s gonna be so much fun tonight! | 好了 今晚肯定会非常开心的 |
[08:46] | I know! The big 1-0! | 我知道 10岁大关 |
[08:48] | 4-0! | 40大关啦 |
[08:49] | Hey, Mitchell! | 注意点 米奇尔 |
[08:51] | – I’m over here! – I could’ve hit you! | -我在这儿 -差点撞到你 |
[08:53] | But you didn’t! I’m doing my “I love ya” dance. | 但是没撞到 我在跳爱意舞 |
[08:55] | Okay, I’m doing my “I love you” car dance. | 好的 我在开爱意车 |
[08:57] | Look at you! | 瞧你 |
[08:58] | Stop that! Okay! Go! | 别这样 好了 回去吧 |
[09:01] | This is dangerous. | 太危险了 |
[09:02] | – Okay, okay. – Go. | -我不跳了 -回去吧 |
[09:03] | Get out of here, you. | 你快开车吧 |
[09:03] | It’s my birthday! | 今天我过生日啦 |
[09:07] | All right, guys, come here. We need to talk. | 好了各位 过来 咱们得谈谈 |
[09:13] | – There they are. – Stop rushing us! | -终于来了 -别催我们 |
[09:16] | Buddy, what’s wrong? | 小家伙 怎么了 |
[09:17] | Yes, you’ve been a little off all morning. | 是啊 你整个早上都不在状态 |
[09:20] | I’ve been feeling a lot of stress lately. | 最近我感到特有压力 |
[09:22] | My head’s all foggy, and I’m kind of emotional. | 脑袋昏沉沉的 而且有些情绪化 |
[09:24] | Oh. Well, I sure hope you feel better soon | 希望你能很快好起来 |
[09:26] | ’cause you really need your wits about you when you’re trapezing. | 玩”空中飞人”时 头脑要相当的清醒 |
[09:30] | This is weird because the three of us | 真奇怪 因为我们三个 |
[09:32] | haven’t exactly been feeling our best today either. | 今天也感觉非常不舒服 |
[09:35] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[09:36] | I can’t find my other sock! | 我找不到另一只袜子了 |
[09:37] | Try looking under the one you have one. | 看看是不是穿一只脚上了 |
[09:39] | I am not you. I don’t do that. See? | 我不是你 不会这么蠢 看到没 |
[09:43] | Oh, god, I am you. | 天啊 我和你一样蠢 |
[09:45] | Would you mind if we sat out trapezing? | 我们不去玩”空中飞人”了 你不介意吧 |
[09:48] | – Really? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是啊 |
[09:48] | Are you sure? Okay. | 你确定吗 好的 |
[09:50] | Why does he do that? | 他为什么要这个样子 |
[09:51] | Every month. | 每月如此 |
[09:52] | Yeah, I get a little moody, | 没错 我是有点喜怒无常 |
[09:55] | but unrelentin physical discomfort | 但身体不适的烦躁 |
[09:56] | will do that to a person. | 就会让人这样 |
[09:58] | Doesn’t he know | 他知不知道 |
[09:59] | that tiptoeing around someone like they’re crazy | 他越是旁敲侧击 当我们疯子一样 |
[10:02] | makes them crazy? | 越是令我们抓狂 |
[10:03] | All right, you and Manny go ahead. | 好的 你跟曼尼去吧 |
[10:04] | – Luke can just stay here with us. – Wait. What? | -卢克不舒服就留下来 -等等 什么情况 |
[10:06] | Luke’s actually looking better. | 其实卢克看起来已经好多了 |
[10:08] | – I am better. – Well, let’s not take any chances. | -我好些了 -还是稳妥点好 |
[10:10] | – He can stay here. You go ahead. – Dad? | -他在家休息 你们去吧 -爸 |
[10:13] | Daddy? | 爸爸 |
[10:14] | See you later, buddy. | 回见了 小家伙 |
[10:16] | What are we going to do? | 我们怎么办 |
[10:18] | We leave no man behind. | 不能让任何一个兄弟掉队 |
[10:19] | I think I’m just gonna go home. | 我看我还是回家吧 |
[10:23] | We have time. | 还有时间 |
[10:24] | Just take down the decorations and have a normal party. | 撤掉这些布置 办一场普通派对 |
[10:26] | Yeah, and throw a boring party in our house | 在自家办场闷死人派对 |
[10:28] | that looks like I just threw it together this afternoon? | 一看就知道是今天下午仓促准备的 |
[10:30] | – Think! – Okay, we have a few options. | -动脑子 -有其它选择 |
[10:31] | I can get you the back room at Amelia’s. | 我可以在”阿米莉亚”餐厅给你弄到包间 |
[10:33] | Spilled juice on the owner’s white rug | 曾经把果汁洒在老板家白色地毯上 |
[10:35] | and almost killed her toddler. Next. | 还差点害死她的小孩 再想 |
[10:36] | Bowling alley? | 保龄球场 |
[10:37] | Not classy enough. What have you got? | 不够有档次 你有什么想法 |
[10:38] | You’re no help. You. | 真没用 你说 |
[10:40] | Well, last weekend, I did a party on a boat. | 上周末 我去船上参加了派对 |
[10:42] | You said you were visiting your parents. | 你说你去看望爸妈了 |
[10:44] | You’re suffocating me. | 我需要离开你透透气 |
[10:45] | What’s this boat? Tell me about the boat. | 什么样的船 说清楚点 |
[10:46] | Okay, we did an elegant dinner party on a luxury yacht | 我们在豪华游艇上举办了一场别致晚宴 |
[10:49] | for about 25 people. | 参加人数大约25个 |
[10:50] | It takes you around the harbor, dancing under the moonlight. | 可以在海湾转转 在月光下起舞 |
[10:52] | Okay, okay. Uh, maybe we can– we can make a theme out of this. | 好的好的 也许可以想个主题 |
[10:55] | You know, Cam’s life is like a long voyage. | 小卡的人生就是一次远航 |
[10:57] | Sometimes choppy but–but always forward, ever forward. | 有时波涛汹涌 但永远一往直前 |
[11:00] | – We have two hours. – Book it. | -只有两小时 -快订吧 |
[11:04] | Hey, you survived trapeze class, huh? | 你居然挺过了”空中飞人” |
[11:07] | Didn’t happen, | 没去成 |
[11:08] | and common decency prevents me from telling you why. | 本着基本的做人道理 我还是不说原因了 |
[11:11] | How was the soccer match? | 足球比赛怎么样 |
[11:12] | Thrilling. 1-1 tie. | 激动人心 一比一打平 |
[11:14] | One of the goals was an accident. | 有个进球是个意外 |
[11:15] | I’m sure my mom was happy you went. | 你去了我妈肯定很开心 |
[11:17] | I don’t know what to make of her today. | 我不知道她今天是怎么了 |
[11:18] | She got into it with this guy, | 她和一个家伙杠上了 |
[11:20] | and I swear she was pushing me into a fight with him. | 我肯定她有意怂恿我和那家伙打一架 |
[11:22] | Now is that something she’d want? | 她现在喜欢暴力吗 |
[11:24] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[11:25] | I always thought of women as the more evolved sex. | 我一直以为女人进化得比男人成熟 |
[11:27] | But after today… I’ve seen things, Jay. | 但是今天 我才真是大开眼界 杰 |
[11:30] | ‘Cause, you know, I had my share of fights in my time. | 我年轻时可不是省油的灯 |
[11:31] | You know that. | 知道不 |
[11:34] | It’s too warm for me. | 太烫了 |
[11:36] | Yeah, I remember this time I was crossing the street with Dede, | 我记得有一次 我和迪迪过马路 |
[11:39] | and some jackass almost clipped her. | 有个混蛋差点开车撞到她 |
[11:41] | I had the guy on the ground, my foot on his neck, | 我把他揍到地上 脚踩在他脖子上后 |
[11:43] | before the car stopped moving. | 他的车才停下来 |
[11:45] | Yeah, we’ve heard all those stories. | 你的光荣历史大家都听过 |
[11:47] | Maybe my mom wouldn’t mind a glimpse of that Jay. | 也许一睹真汉子杰的风采 才是我妈的期望 |
[11:50] | That’s her. | 是我妈 |
[11:51] | She wants me to help pick out Cam’s gift. | 她要我帮忙去给小卡挑礼物 |
[11:53] | I’m still that guy, you know. 100%. | 我还是原来的真汉子 百分百纯爷们儿 |
[11:56] | What the hell? How do you cut your finger on a cracker? | 见鬼 怎么弄个饼干都把手划破了 |
[11:58] | Anyway, if I thought there was a fight worth fighting, | 总之 如果我认为值得一战 |
[11:59] | I’d fight it. | 我绝对会挺身一战 |
[12:00] | Ow! Now I got salt in this. That stings! | 盐进伤口了 痛死了 |
[12:08] | Next time, don’t scream at your boss | 下次 别冲你老板大喊大叫 |
[12:10] | so that he doesn’t make you work during the weekends. | 这样他就不会让你周末工作了 |
[12:15] | Si. Adios. | 好了 再见 |
[12:18] | Hey, mom. Who were you yelling at? | 妈 你在骂谁呢 |
[12:20] | Your father, baby. | 你老爸 宝贝 |
[12:22] | He cannot make it this weekend. | 他这周末没空 |
[12:27] | Okay, I admit it. | 好吧 我承认 |
[12:28] | I wanted Jay to kick that little dutch man’s ass at the bar. | 我希望杰在酒吧里猛揍那个荷兰佬一顿 |
[12:32] | But two seconds on the phone with Javier, | 可在电话里和哈维尔讲了几句后 |
[12:34] | and I remember what that stupid hothead behavior gets you- | 我意识到了冲动鲁莽的下场 |
[12:39] | Nothing. | 没有好下场 |
[12:40] | It’s better to be calm like Jay. | 像杰这样冷静其实更好 |
[12:42] | Like Jay and me. Like Jay. | 像杰和我那样冷静 好吧 我自觉排除在外 |
[12:48] | I’m back! | 我回来了 |
[12:50] | Wouldn’t you know, I forgot my ding-dang sunglasses. | 谁会想到 我把帅呆了的太阳眼镜给忘了 |
[12:55] | Luke, could you give me a hand? | 卢克 来给我搭把手行吗 |
[12:56] | What were the chances that Phil had come back to apologize | 从来不奢望菲尔会回来 为他搞的那些花样 |
[12:59] | for all the game playing | 向我道歉 |
[13:01] | and have an open conversation with me | 然后跟我开诚布公地 |
[13:03] | about what I was feeling? | 谈谈我的感受 |
[13:04] | Okay, I got a bottle of fake blood out of the Halloween supplies. | 我去万圣节商店买了瓶假血 |
[13:08] | Put a dab on your finger, say you cut it. | 在手指上抹一点 说你割到指头了 |
[13:10] | I say I need to run you by the doctor. Easy trapezy. | 然后我说得带你去看医生 轻松当飞人 |
[13:12] | Got it? | 知道了不 |
[13:13] | See ya on the other side, brother. | 咱飞人天堂见 哥们 |
[13:16] | Just once, I would like Phil to have a little empathy, | 一次也好 我希望菲尔能表示一下同情 |
[13:19] | give me some sense that he understands what women go through. | 向我表达一下他理解女性的痛苦 |
[13:24] | You feeling any better? | 你们感觉好点儿了没 |
[13:26] | Hate to see the whole team on the D.L. | 真不愿看见我家姑娘们都这么窝着 |
[13:28] | Ow! My finger! | 我的手指头 |
[13:29] | I don’t like the sound of that. | 听起来不妙啊 |
[13:35] | I said a little bit! | 我说的是一点儿 |
[13:36] | The cap fell off. I decided to just go with it. | 盖子掉了 然后我决定将计就计 |
[13:39] | Okay, we gotta get you out the back. | 好吧 得先把你弄出去 |
[13:41] | – God, what happened?! – Oh, it’s just a little cut. | -天啊 这是怎么了 -就一个小伤口 |
[13:44] | But to be safe, I’ll run him by the doctor. | 不过保险起见 我得带他去看看医生 |
[13:45] | No, are you crazy?! Call 9-1-1! | 你疯了吗 得打急救电话 |
[13:48] | No, no, they’re so busy. | 不不 他们忙着呢 |
[13:49] | Where’s the wound?! We need to put pressure on it, right? | 伤口在哪 我们得按住伤口吧 |
[13:51] | – I’m gonna be sick! – My–my finger. | -我要吐了 -在指头上 |
[13:52] | Oh, he needs a tourniquet! Where do I put it?! | 得给他上止血带 该往哪绑 |
[13:54] | – On my finger. – Stop! There is nothing wrong with him. | -我指头上 -住手 他什么事都没有 |
[13:57] | – Luke, what’s going on? – I cut my finger? | -卢克 这是怎么回事 -我割到手指了 |
[14:00] | – Dad? – How crazy is that? | -老爸 -多神呐 |
[14:01] | They were in my pocket the whole time. I’ll see you. | 原来眼镜一直在我兜里 待会见 |
[14:03] | Phil! | 菲尔 |
[14:05] | What is going on, Luke? | 到底是怎么回事 卢克 |
[14:06] | Dad staged the whole thing | 这一切都是老爸导演的 |
[14:07] | so we could go on the trapeze without you three. | 好让我们去玩飞人 不带你们仨 |
[14:10] | Why? | 为什么 |
[14:11] | Because… | 因为 |
[14:12] | B-because… | 因为 |
[14:14] | Because of this! You’re all monster-ating! | 就因为这个 你们都跟魔鬼一样 |
[14:16] | – Luke, no! – Are you kidding me?!Oh, my god! Oh, my lord. | -卢克别 -开什么玩笑 神啊 |
[14:19] | Sorry! I know you told me not to say it, but I… | 抱歉 我知道你说过要严守党的机密 可我 |
[14:21] | Phil! | 菲尔 |
[14:23] | Is this what you’ve been teaching our son? | 你就是这样教儿子的吗 |
[14:24] | That–that women are some kind of unclean lepers | 女人都是不干净的麻风病人 |
[14:27] | that should be hidden away under sheets for a week? | 得在床单下隔离一周吗 |
[14:29] | Do you have any idea how offensive that it? | 你知道这样有多冒犯吗 |
[14:31] | I do, honey. | 我知道 亲爱的 |
[14:33] | And from the bottom of my heart, | 我从内心深处表示 |
[14:34] | I am so… | 我感到非常 |
[14:36] | s-s-scared. | 害怕 |
[14:39] | Ugh! Oh, no! | 不是吧 |
[14:41] | Oh, my. | 老天 |
[14:48] | Okay. | 好了 |
[14:49] | 3, 2, 1! | 三 二 一 |
[14:51] | Surprise! | 惊喜 |
[14:53] | Oh, my gosh! Oh, it’s amazing! | 我的天 太不可思议了 |
[14:55] | – Yeah, it’s a boat party. – Oh! Because? | -是船上派对 -用意何在 |
[14:57] | Your life is like a voyage. | 你的人生就像一次远航 |
[14:58] | Oh! Well, everyone’s is, but I love it | 每个人不都是吗 不过我喜欢这个 |
[15:00] | because none of our other friends have ever done it. | 我们的朋友都没玩过这个 |
[15:03] | Aw. That’s so sweet. | 太贴心了 |
[15:05] | Oh, it must be easy with no dirty, broken woman in the relationship. | 感情关系里没有肮脏崩溃的女人一定很爽吧 |
[15:12] | What are you laughing at? | 你笑什么笑 |
[15:13] | Okay, everybody follow the birthday flag! | 大家跟着生日旗帜走 |
[15:16] | What’d you call me? Oh. Uh, oh, yes. | 你叫我什么 哦对 |
[15:18] | Oh, my gosh. It’s so elegant. I’ll bet Pepper is dying. | 我的天 太优雅了 胡娇肯定嫉妒死了 |
[15:21] | Oh, you know, actually, Pepper couldn’t come. | 那个 实际上 胡娇没来 |
[15:22] | Because he hates boats. You know, after the navy. | 因为他讨厌船 参加过海军的人 你懂的 |
[15:25] | Yeah. Oh, yeah. | 对 对 |
[15:26] | I guess Longinus got over his fear of–of water? | 我猜朗吉纳斯已经战胜了怕水的问题吧 |
[15:29] | Mnh. No, no. | 不 不 |
[15:29] | Why don’t we just focus on the 30 people who are here, | 我们还是把注意力放在到场的30人吧 |
[15:31] | having a great time! | 好好玩 |
[15:33] | Ew! It smells like somebody’s dead. | 恶 闻着有股死人味道 |
[15:36] | Ugh! What is that smell? | 那是什么味道 |
[15:38] | That faint odor is– is a tiny, tiny blue whale | 那淡淡的味道来自于 一只小小的蓝鲸 |
[15:41] | who apparently has indeed died, uh, nearby. | 倒确实是死在附近的 |
[15:43] | But… | 不过呢 |
[15:44] | Si, but it’s getting all over my coat. | 搞的我外套上全是这个味 |
[15:47] | I don’t smell anything. | 我什么也闻不到 |
[15:48] | Maybe that’s because you smell like a bouquet of flowers. | 大概是因为你闻起来像是一捧花 |
[15:51] | Oh, yeah. Watch out for that. | 对了 小心脚下 |
[15:53] | Ugh! It smells like puke married poop | 这味道好像是呕吐物跟大便结婚 |
[15:56] | and had the ceremony in my nose. | 然后在我鼻子里举行婚礼 |
[15:58] | You paint with words. | 画面感太强了 |
[15:59] | Okay, don’t worry, everybody. | 好 大家别着急 |
[16:01] | Soon we’ll be way, way out at sea, bouncing on the waves | 马上我们就会远在海上 乘风逐浪 |
[16:04] | with all of his sweet-smelling brothers and sisters. Okay? | 闻到的都是蓝鲸兄弟姐妹们的甜甜香气 |
[16:07] | – Mitchell Pritchett? – Oh, yes. Hi. | -米奇尔·普里契特 -是的 你好 |
[16:08] | Hi. I’m your captain tonight. We’ve got a problem. | 你好 我是今晚的船长 我们遇到点问题 |
[16:10] | I can’t fit this many people on my boat. | 我没办法让这么多人上船 |
[16:11] | No, no. I was–I was told you could take 30. | 不要吧 之前告诉我能载30人的 |
[16:13] | I have exactly 30 guests. | 我刚好有30名客人 |
[16:14] | Plus six in help. You gotta drop a few people. | 我有6名船员 你得留下几个人 |
[16:17] | Come on. There–there must be something that we can do here. | 拜托 一定有点什么办法的 |
[16:19] | Well, we have bigger boats, | 我们有大点的船 |
[16:20] | But this is the best I could do on two hours’ notice. | 不过提前两个小时订 就只有这个了 |
[16:23] | What is the problem? | 有什么问题吗 |
[16:24] | Apparently, | 很明显呢 |
[16:25] | Mitchell started planning my birthday party two hours ago. | 米奇尔两小时前才开始筹划我的生日派对 |
[16:28] | Mnh-mnh. No. No, I-I did not. | 不不 不是的 |
[16:30] | Uh, apparently, we have too many people for his boat. | 显然 我们人太多不能上船 |
[16:32] | – So… – That’s crazy. | -所以 -太扯了吧 |
[16:34] | I’ve seen more people clinging to a floating door. | 我见过抓在一块门板上漂的人比这都多[偷渡] |
[16:37] | I’m sorry, lady. It’s a safety issue. | 抱歉女士 这涉及到安全问题 |
[16:39] | Oh, no. You’re going to have a safety issue | 不 你如果不把我们从这臭鲸旁送走 |
[16:41] | if you don’t take me away from this whale. | 你就会有安全问题 |
[16:43] | Okay, little too much finger, little too much attitude. | 不要指指点点 态度也不要这么恶劣 |
[16:45] | What’s all this? | 这是怎么了 |
[16:46] | Uh, two hours of Mitchell’s hard work going down the drain. | 米奇尔辛苦了两小时的成果就要化为乌有了 |
[16:48] | Look, I can’t fit more than 30 people on the boat, | 这船不能承载超过30个人 |
[16:52] | As I was just explaining to the lady here. | 我在跟这位女士解释 |
[16:53] | Well, first of all, that “Lady” is my son. | 注意了 你说的”女士”可是我的儿子 |
[16:55] | He wasn’t talking about me. | 他说的不是我 |
[16:57] | I was talking about her. | 我说的是她 |
[16:58] | Oh. Her. Oh, it’s “Her” now. | 她 又变成”她”了 |
[17:00] | Well, “Her” happens to be my wife. | 而她是我的老婆 |
[17:02] | You got a problem with her, you got a problem with me. | 你跟她过不去 就是跟我过不去 |
[17:05] | No, no, Jay… | 别这样 杰 |
[17:06] | – Calm down. – I didn’t have a problem before, | -冷静 -我之前没跟谁过不去 |
[17:08] | but now I’m starting to. | 现在老子就是要为难一下你们 |
[17:09] | No, your problem’s about to get a lot bigger. | 跟老子过不去你他妈的绝对没好下场 |
[17:11] | No, Jay, I know you think this is what I want, but it’s not. | 杰 你以为这是我想要的 其实不是 |
[17:13] | – I’ve got this, Gloria. – No, Jay. | -交给我处理 歌洛莉亚 -别这样 杰 |
[17:15] | I was just being stupid today. I like that you’re calm, | 今天是我犯傻了 我喜欢你那么冷静 |
[17:18] | that you think first, and you act second. | 你总是三思而后行 |
[17:21] | I need that in my life. | 我的生活需要这样的你 |
[17:23] | Yeah, so walk away, grandpa. | 闪边去吧 爷爷 |
[17:25] | You know what? | 说什么呢 |
[17:26] | Nobody call him “Grandpa”! | 谁都不能叫他”爷爷” |
[17:28] | I do. | 我叫啊 |
[17:29] | Okay, that’s it! | 行了 够了 |
[17:31] | No boat! Everybody off my dock, or I’m calling the cops! | 不许上船 所有人滚下去 否则我报警 |
[17:34] | So no party now? | 现在连派对都没了吗 |
[17:35] | No! No, of course! Just… | 不是 当然有 拜托… |
[17:37] | Just… Just give me a minute okay? | 拜托给我一分钟好吗 |
[17:39] | Oh, after what you did with two hours, | 两小时做的都不过如此 |
[17:40] | – I can’t wait to see what you do with a minute. – Cam! | -真等不及看你一分钟的成果 -小卡 |
[17:44] | Poor Cam. He seems so upset. | 可怜的小卡 他好生气啊 |
[17:46] | Oh, is that hard for you, Phil, | 你觉得难受吗 菲尔 |
[17:47] | That he’s have a feeling around you? | 就因为有情绪的人出现在你身边 |
[17:49] | – I’m so sorry. – Too many emotions? | -好抱歉哦 -好情绪化哦 |
[17:50] | Okay, okay, I give up! | 好了 好了 我认输了 |
[17:53] | Yeah, I made a mistake today. | 是的 今天我错了 |
[17:56] | But only because the three of you ganged up on me | 那也是因为你们三个联合起来对付我 |
[17:58] | like when the wolfman, Dracula, and Frankenstein | 就好像狼人 吸血鬼 科学怪人 |
[18:00] | show up in the same movie, | 扎堆在一部电影里 |
[18:02] | except this wasn’t awesome! | 但绝不是以很酷的方式扎堆 |
[18:04] | I have been on an emotional roller coaster all day today. | 我今天的情绪就跟翻江倒海似的 |
[18:07] | I’m afraid. I’m mad. I’m mad because I’m afraid, | 我害怕 我生气 我生气因为我害怕 |
[18:09] | and now I can’t even think straight | 现在我脑袋都成浆糊了 |
[18:10] | because I’m in so much pain from what just happened over there! | 因为刚刚绊的那一下让我好痛 |
[18:13] | And the whole thing makes me so sad, and I’m not even sure why, | 这一切让我好伤心 我却不知道为什么 |
[18:15] | and I’m nauseous from that smell but I’m so hungry. | 这臭味令我恶心 但是我却好饿 |
[18:22] | Yeah. | 没事的 |
[18:25] | Cam, the–the boat wasn’t even part of the plan. | 小卡 我最初根本不是想办游船派对 |
[18:27] | No, it’s fine. | 没关系 |
[18:28] | It’s my fault for letting my expectations get too high. | 期望太高是我的错 |
[18:31] | – I’ll get over this one, too. – No, no. | -这次我也不会计较的 -不不 |
[18:33] | I had this whole “Wizard of OZ” party planned, | 其实我早就计划好了”绿野仙踪”主题派对 |
[18:35] | only today I realized that it might be | 只不过我今天才意识到可能 |
[18:37] | a-a little too tornado-y. | 太过”龙卷风”风格了 |
[18:39] | – Today? – Yes! | -今天 -是的 |
[18:40] | I’m sorry I-I didn’t make the connection, okay? | 抱歉我之前没想到这点 |
[18:42] | Probably ’cause I’ve been planning for months | 可能是因为我精心计划了几个月 |
[18:44] | so that you could have the perfect party and be happy, | 力图使你可以拥有完美的派对 可以开心 |
[18:46] | which now I don’t even think is possible. | 而现在我觉得根本没可能了 |
[18:49] | Oh, I’m sorry that I would like to have | 我想拥有一个美好的 |
[18:50] | a nice 10th birthday party. | 10岁生日派对是我的错 |
[18:52] | Well, you can’t have it, Cam! | 你不可能拥有 小卡 |
[18:54] | You wanna know why?! Because you’re 40! | 想知道原因吗 因为你40岁了 |
[18:57] | You’re a 40-year-old man! | 你是个40岁的大男人 |
[19:02] | I am 40. | 我40了 |
[19:06] | – I’m 40. – Yes. | -我40了 -没错 |
[19:10] | Oh, Cam, stop it. | 小卡 别这样 |
[19:12] | I’m 40 and I’m–I’m on this stupid–wait, what is that?! | 我40了 而我却坐在这破…这什么东西 |
[19:15] | Oh, it’s this… | 这个 |
[19:17] | thing! | 破玩意儿 |
[19:18] | Suddenly, it all made sense. | 一下子 我开窍了 |
[19:20] | Cam’s craziness all day wasn’t about a party. | 小卡整天的抓狂表现不是因为派对 |
[19:23] | it was about turning 40. | 而是因为他40岁了 |
[19:25] | And once he realized that, everything got much worse. | 一旦他意识到这点 情况变得更糟糕 |
[19:29] | – I’ve done nothing with my life! – Oh, w–stop it. | -我根本一事无成 -别这样 |
[19:31] | Come on. How–how can you say that? | 别这样 怎么能这样说呢 |
[19:33] | You’re–you’re a wonderful father. You… | 你是个好父亲 你… |
[19:36] | You–you graduated from clown college. | 你从小丑大学毕业了 |
[19:38] | You’ve been to France. | 你去过法国 |
[19:41] | I don’t want to be 40. It’s not fair! | 我不想要40岁啦 好不公平 |
[19:43] | – I know. – Nothing’s fair. | -我了解 -世上本就没公平可言 |
[19:45] | 2 miles from here is an amusement park | 两英里外就是个游乐园 |
[19:47] | full of happy families swgiging on a trapeze. | 挤满了玩”空中飞人”的欢乐家庭 |
[19:50] | That’s all I wanted for my special bonus day. | 四年才多出的一天 我只有这个小小要求 |
[19:57] | What? | 什么 |
[19:58] | I’d been trying so hard | 我绞尽脑汁 |
[19:59] | to figure out what Cam wanted for his birthday. | 想琢磨出小卡生日到底想要什么 |
[20:03] | He’d been telling me all along. | 其实他一直都在告诉我 |
[20:05] | He wanted to be 10. | 他只想要10岁 |
[20:17] | Seriously? There’s nothing you can do? | 真的吗 你没有办法吗 |
[20:19] | I’m sorry. You just missed the cutoff. | 抱歉 到结束时间了 |
[20:21] | How about we see you next time? | 不如下次再来玩吧 |
[20:23] | How about you make an exception and strap him in there? | 不如你破个例 让他上去飞飞 |
[20:27] | Yeah, we’re, like,ten minutes past your deadline, anyway. | 是啊 我们不就迟了10分钟嘛 |
[20:29] | And you don’t want to make us angry today. | 你今天最好别惹我们 |
[20:31] | – Ladies, uh, I really can’t make any exceptions. – “Ladies”? | -女士们 没法破例 -女士们 |
[20:38] | And that was how they apologized to me. | 这就是她们向我道歉的方式 |
[20:41] | Come on, Phil! | 加油 菲尔 |
[20:44] | Oh, god, Phil! | 天啊 菲尔 |
[20:47] | You did it! | 你成功了 |
[20:49] | At least, I-I think it was. I could never ask them. | 我想应该是道歉吧 我不好意思开口问 |
[20:57] | This is so satisfying! | 感觉太爽了 |
[20:58] | Best I’ve felt all day! | 今天就这时候感觉最爽 |
[21:02] | Can I rent one of these on a monthly basis? | 我可以每月租一次这个吗 |
[21:06] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[21:08] | Oh, yay! | 好耶 |
[21:11] | Best 40th birthday party ever. | 最开心的40岁生日派对 |
[21:13] | No, no. 10th. | 不不 10岁 |
[21:15] | – Really? – Yeah. | -可以吗 -可以 |
[21:17] | In fact, you’re still that sexy little 8 year old | 事实上 你还是那个我爱上的 |
[21:19] | I fell in love with. | 性感8岁小男孩 |
[21:23] | No, just go. | 算了 走吧 |