时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | We have to tell him. | 我们必须告诉他 |
[00:05] | I hope he’s okay. | 希望他没事 |
[00:07] | Walt, our elderly next door neighbor, died. | 沃特 我们隔壁的老邻居 过世了 |
[00:10] | He and Luke were pretty close, | 他和卢克非常亲近 |
[00:11] | so we have to tell him. | 所以我们必须得告诉他 |
[00:12] | I’m a little nervous about it. | 我对此有点小紧张 |
[00:14] | I think we should break it to him slowly. | 我想我们应该循序渐进地告诉他 |
[00:15] | Like how? | 比如 |
[00:18] | Well, first we’d say, | 第一天我们就说 |
[00:19] | “Luke, your friend Walt has a cold. | 卢克 你的朋友沃特得了感冒 |
[00:20] | You shouldn’t go over there.” | 你就别去他家了 |
[00:22] | Next day–“Bad news. Walt’s in the hospital, | 第二天就说 不好了 沃特进了医院 |
[00:24] | but he’s still cracking jokes with the nurses.” | 不过他还能和护士们谈笑风生 |
[00:26] | Next day–“They’re trying | 第三天 他们正尝试使用 |
[00:27] | an experimental drug. | 一种尚在试验阶段的新药 |
[00:28] | Fingers crossed.” | 但愿他没事 |
[00:29] | Next day–“His body rebelled. | 第四天 他产生了排斥反应 |
[00:31] | He’s in a coma.” | 陷入了昏迷 |
[00:32] | Next day–he rallies, next day–coma, | 第五天 他醒了 第六天 又昏了 |
[00:35] | Next day–coma, | 第七天 仍然昏 |
[00:36] | next day–coma, | 第八天 继续昏 |
[00:37] | next day–eye flutter– | 第九天 眼皮轻颤 |
[00:38] | Stop. Just stop. Stop. | 打住 打住 别说了 |
[00:40] | Oh, Luke, we have some bad news for you. | 卢克 我们不得不告诉你一个坏消息 |
[00:44] | It’s about Walt. | 是有关沃特的 |
[00:46] | I’m afraid… | 很抱歉 |
[00:49] | He passed away. | 他去世了 |
[00:53] | Um, it happened yesterday. | 是昨天的事 |
[00:54] | He finished writing an angry letter | 他刚给邮政部长写完了一封 |
[00:56] | to the postmaster general, and he just fell asleep. | 满怀怒气的信 然后就睡死过去了 |
[00:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:01] | It was very peaceful. | 一切都很很平静 |
[01:03] | Not the letter. That was full of threats, but… | 除了那信 信里全是威胁恐吓 不过 |
[01:07] | It’s okay to be sad, honey. | 你伤心也是应该的 宝贝 |
[01:09] | You two were really good friends. | 你们俩是非常好的朋友 |
[01:11] | It must be quite a shock to hear that… | 听到这消息你一定很震惊吧 |
[01:14] | Walt’s dead. | 沃特他死了 |
[01:18] | Um, so do you wanna talk about it or… | 你想和我们谈谈心吗 |
[01:21] | I’m okay. | 我没事 |
[01:23] | Can I get back to my video game? It’s paused. | 我能回去玩游戏了吗 我按了暂停 |
[01:25] | Oh, um, sure. | 没问题 |
[01:27] | Yeah, buddy. | 老弟 |
[01:29] | Come here. | 过来抱抱 |
[01:32] | How weird was that? | 他的表现也太奇怪了 |
[01:34] | I know. Crazy weird. | 我知道 太诡异了 |
[01:36] | It’s like he had no feelings at all. | 他简直就像是铁石心肠一样 |
[01:39] | I’m more worried about the one you showed. | 我倒觉得你的表现比较诡异 |
[01:41] | What’s with all the smiling? | 你那微笑是什么意思 |
[01:43] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊 |
[01:43] | That grin. | 你那咧嘴一笑 |
[01:45] | “Walt’s dead.” You looked like the Joker. | “沃特他死了” 跟蝙蝠侠里小丑似的 |
[01:47] | I didn’t smile. | 我才没笑呢 |
[01:48] | You did. It’s like a weird coping mechanism. | 你笑了 就像是某种怪异的应对机制 |
[01:50] | You did the same thing when you told him his hamster died. | 上次你告诉他仓鼠死时也是这幅摸样 |
[01:54] | I don’t know what you thought you saw, Phil, | 我不知道你以为自己看见了什么 菲尔 |
[01:56] | but our child just got some terrible news | 可我们的儿子刚刚听到了悲惨的消息 |
[01:58] | and had absolutely no reaction. Doesn’t that concern you? | 却表现得平静异常 你对此不担心吗 |
[02:02] | Yeah. He probably just needs time to process it. | 当然担心 他只是需要时间来消化而已 |
[02:04] | Do you think? | 你这么想吗 |
[02:06] | Yeah, honey. | 是啊 亲爱的 |
[02:08] | Death is a profound thing to deal with at any age. | 生死离别对任何年纪的人都很难面对 |
[02:10] | We all manage it differently. | 我们的处理方式各不相同 |
[02:13] | Some people lock up their feelings. | 有的人隐藏他们的感受 |
[02:15] | Others… | 其他人则 |
[02:17] | reach out for comfort, | 转向他人寻求慰藉 |
[02:18] | finding some way to reaffirm their connection to life– | 设法再次确认自己那鲜活的肉体… |
[02:22] | You’re joking. | 想都别想 |
[02:38] | Hola, Haley. | 你好啊 海莉 |
[02:39] | Gloria, I was driving by | 歌洛莉亚 我开车经过 |
[02:40] | and saw this outside your door, so here. | 看到门外放了报纸 就给你送进来了 |
[02:43] | – Thank you. – No problem. | -谢了 -不客气 |
[02:44] | Hey, so since I’m already here, | 既然我人都来了 |
[02:47] | my friend was gonna have a pool party tonight, | 我朋友今晚本来要开一个泳池派对 |
[02:49] | but he got sick. Could we have it here? | 可他生病了 能让我们在这里开吗 |
[02:52] | Mm. Good thing that you saw this paper | 幸好你看到报纸了 |
[02:55] | or if not, you would have never been able to ask. | 不然你永远没机会开口问了 |
[02:57] | Yeah. | 说得是啊 |
[02:58] | I’m sorry, but Jay and I are going | 抱歉 我和杰今晚 |
[03:00] | to Mitch and Cam’s for dinner tonight. | 要去米奇和小卡家吃晚饭呢 |
[03:03] | I’m just thinking out loud here. | 你就当我自言自语好了 |
[03:05] | What if I get a chaperone that my parents approve of? | 如果有个我父母同意的监护人全程陪同 |
[03:07] | Would it be okay then? | 你会答应吗 |
[03:09] | Well, I guess so. | 这样的话 行啊 |
[03:12] | You know, it would be good for Manny to have a little bit of fun. | 说起来 如果曼尼也能放松一下也不错 |
[03:14] | Do you mind if he stays here for the party? | 你介意他留下来参加派对吗 |
[03:17] | Mind? The plan depended on him. | 介意 整个计划都指望他了 |
[03:20] | I don’t suppose you’ve thought of a chaperone? | 你大概没考虑过监护人的问题吧 |
[03:22] | Of course not, mom, | 当然没想过 妈妈 |
[03:23] | because it’s going to be a wild party | 因为我的派对将会狂野放荡 |
[03:24] | and I’m trying to get away with something, as usual. | 而我也会和往常一样想要逃脱惩罚 |
[03:26] | Yes, I thought of a chaperone– | 我当然考虑过监护人的事 |
[03:27] | My uncle who already said he would do it. | 舅舅已经答应做我的监护人了 |
[03:29] | But if that’s gonna be a problem, | 如果那样还不行的话 |
[03:30] | – I think I should just call everybody– – sorry. | -我就只好打电话通知各位 -抱歉 |
[03:31] | Sorry. Sorry. It’s fine. | 我错了 我批准了 |
[03:33] | And thank you, uncle Manny. | 谢谢您啦 曼尼舅舅 |
[03:37] | Can you help a little bit? | 你能不能搭把手啊 |
[03:38] | This–if I–if I push down, does that… | 如果我按下这里 就会 |
[03:39] | Yeah, that’s helping. That’s helping. | 好一点了 好一点了 |
[03:41] | No, it’s not helping. It’s ’cause it’s stuck. | 不 一点都不好 都卡住了 |
[03:43] | I can’t believe I got ’em this stuck. | 真不敢相信我居然把它卡住了 |
[03:44] | I’ve built beds my whole life– | 我这辈子都在造床 |
[03:46] | Bunk beds, dog beds, cow beds. | 双层床 狗狗的床 牛牛的床 |
[03:47] | Okay, I’m calling you on cow beds. | 我打赌你绝对没造过牛牛的床 |
[03:49] | Oh, that’s my dad! | 我爸来了 |
[03:51] | Okay. He can help. | 太好了 他能帮上忙 |
[03:52] | He’s built a boat, a dock, a lake… | 他造过船 码头 湖泊 |
[03:54] | Uh, he did not build a lake. | 他绝对没造过湖泊 |
[03:56] | Okay, from now on, just stop after you say the second thing. | 从今往后 举例时编到第二个就打住吧 |
[03:58] | …So the cabin door swings open. | 驾驶舱门打开了 |
[04:00] | Damned if there wasn’t a lady pilot in there. | 飞行员居然是个女的 |
[04:03] | Yeah, well, | 你说得对 |
[04:04] | I hate to admit it, but it throws me, too. | 我不愿意承认 可是我对此也很不爽 |
[04:06] | I do prefer a man. | 我还是喜欢男人一点 |
[04:08] | Are we gonna have this conversation again? | 我们又得就你的取向讨论一番吗 |
[04:10] | – Hey, Merle. – Hey. How are you? | -莫尔 -你好吗 |
[04:12] | – Yeah, ooh. Okay. – Nice to see you. | -好吧 -很高兴见到你 |
[04:13] | All right, let me grab that for you. | 让我帮你提这个吧 |
[04:14] | No. No. I got it. | 不 我自己来就好 |
[04:15] | I will take that beer you were about to offer me, though. | 你如果愿意帮我拿瓶啤酒 那可敢情好 |
[04:18] | Oh, yeah. Coming right up. | 啤酒马上就来 |
[04:19] | And you know where everything is. Go have a seat. | 你知道东西都在哪儿 快坐下吧 |
[04:22] | Oh, I missed a call from my dad. | 有个我爸的未接来电呢 |
[04:23] | Oh, let me guess. Is he calling to cancel? | 让我猜猜 是打来取消晚餐的吧 |
[04:26] | What’s his excuse this time? | 这次又是什么借口 |
[04:28] | You know, that’s a really mean thing to assume, Cam. | 你这么想真是小肚鸡肠 小卡 |
[04:30] | I really wish you’d give my dad a break for once. | 你可以不要总是揪着我爸不放吗 |
[04:32] | Oh, please. You know Jay doesn’t like my dad. | 得了吧 你明知道杰不待见我爸 |
[04:34] | He thinks he’s some bumpkin from the sticks. | 他觉得我爸是乡下来的土包子 |
[04:37] | Well, I will have you know that Merle Stonewall Tucker | 我会让你们知道莫尔·斯通沃尔·塔克 |
[04:39] | is one of the most respected farmers | 可是全密苏里州最牛逼 |
[04:41] | in all of hell’s hollow, Missouri. | 最受人尊敬的农民 |
[04:43] | Okay, you’re not hearing yourself. | 你也不听听你自己说的话 |
[04:46] | My dad likes him just fine. Come on. | 我爸并不讨厌你爸 别这样 |
[04:50] | Hello? Hey, dad. It’s me. | 喂 老爸 是我 |
[04:53] | Mitch. | 米奇 |
[04:55] | I’m sick. | 我病了 |
[04:57] | I gotta cancel tonight. | 我今晚来不了了 |
[04:59] | Yeah. Yeah, 6:00. We’re really looking forward to it. | 没错没错 6点 期待你们的光临 |
[05:02] | What are you doing? I just said I can’t come. | 你什么意思 我不是说不能来了吗 |
[05:04] | I don’t know. Let me ask. | 我不知道 等我问一下 |
[05:06] | My dad wants to know red or white? | 我爸问是喝红酒还是白酒 |
[05:08] | Um, uh, red. | 红酒吧 |
[05:09] | Red. And I’m sorry. | 红酒吧 是我错了 |
[05:11] | Okay. Yeah, Cam says red. | 没事 小卡让带红酒 |
[05:14] | Okay. Yeah, he’s–he’s so happy– | 是的 对 他挺开心的 |
[05:15] | Knock it off, old man. You are not sick. | 省省吧 老家伙 我知道你没病 |
[05:17] | Why do you always do this? | 为什么你总是这样 |
[05:18] | Okay, look, between you and me, | 听着 咱自家人私底下说 |
[05:20] | Mervis kind of bugs me. | 我觉得莫维斯人挺烦的 |
[05:21] | Okay, first of all, it’s Merle. | 首先 人家叫莫尔 |
[05:23] | Mervis isn’t a name. Mervis is a sound. | 莫维斯都不是个名字 只是种声音 |
[05:24] | And second of all, he’s– he’s my partner’s father. | 其次 他可是我爱人的爸爸啊 |
[05:27] | Okay? You’re coming. | 懂没 你必须得来 |
[05:28] | Okay, dad, why don’t you settle in? | 老爸 你干嘛不四处转转 |
[05:30] | We don’t have plans until dinner tonight with Jay and Gloria. | 杰跟歌洛莉亚来就餐之前 我们没什么安排 |
[05:32] | I-I don’t like that guy. | 我不喜欢那家伙 |
[05:34] | What? That’s– | 什么 这… |
[05:36] | You like everybody. | 你不对谁都挺好的嘛 |
[05:37] | Not Jay. The guy rubs me the wrong way. | 除了杰 他有时候让我觉得很烦 |
[05:40] | Every time I try to do something nice, | 每次我一想 表达我的善意时 |
[05:42] | he makes this cranky face, like… | 他都给我摆一张臭脸 就像这样 |
[05:45] | Okay. Well, you know what? | 行了 这样吧 |
[05:46] | I’m gonna chalk this up to jet lag | 我就当你是时差还没倒过来 |
[05:48] | for you because it’s not like you at all. | 因为这一点都不像你 |
[05:51] | Okay, you have to make an effort. | 你得稍微试着接纳他 |
[05:52] | It’s my partner’s father. | 他可是我爱人的父亲 |
[05:54] | Now give me the growl that means “Okay.” | 咆哮一下给我听 就当你同意了 |
[05:58] | Good. | 很好 |
[05:58] | Did you know Walt had a daughter | 你知道沃特有个女儿 |
[05:59] | he was completely estranged from? | 却和他形同陌路吗 |
[06:03] | His lawyer said she wouldn’t even honor his last request | 律师说他女儿甚至不愿了却他的遗愿 |
[06:05] | to toss his dog tags in the ocean. | 不肯把他的狗牌扔进大海 |
[06:07] | Can you imagine? | 真是难以置信 |
[06:08] | Phil, do we really have to go through this again? | 菲尔 真的有必要再谈这茬吗 |
[06:10] | I told you, I would do everything possible | 我答应过你 我肯定会尽全力 |
[06:11] | to make sure that your skeleton | 保证把你的骸骨 |
[06:13] | ends up in a science class at a women’s college. | 贡献给女子大学做科学课堂教材 |
[06:15] | No, it’s just sad. | 不是 只是有些伤感 |
[06:17] | That’s half of what would keep me going in my old age– | 我晚年生活的一半就指着 |
[06:20] | remembering all the good times with the kids. | 回忆跟孩子们的幸福时光过活了 |
[06:23] | Teaching Luke to ride his bike… | 教卢克骑自行车 |
[06:26] | Haley at the father-daughter dance… | 跟海莉跳父女舞 |
[06:30] | Taking Alex for her first pony ride… | 第一次带艾丽克斯骑小马 |
[06:32] | You never took Alex on a pony ride. | 你从没带她骑过小马 |
[06:36] | Oh, right. That was just me. | 哦对 就我一人去的 |
[06:37] | But Alex and I went… | 但我带艾丽克斯去了… |
[06:40] | Oh, no. That was Haley. | 不对 那次是带海莉去的 |
[06:43] | Phil, look. It’s Luke. | 菲尔 你看 是卢克 |
[06:45] | He’s going into Walt’s house. | 他要进沃特家了 |
[06:50] | Oh, he’s saying good-bye. | 他这是要去告别一下 |
[06:53] | He just needed a little time. | 说了他只是需要点时间 |
[06:55] | It’s so sweet and so sad. | 真是又感人又感伤 |
[07:00] | He’s so much more sensitive than I ever thought. | 他比我想象中有人情味多了 |
[07:04] | They had a special bond. I wouldn’t be surprised | 他们的关系很特别 要是有天卢克写出 |
[07:06] | if one day he wrote a book like “Tuesdays with Morrie”. | 像《相约星期二》那样的书也不奇怪 |
[07:09] | I never read it. | 那本书我倒没读过 |
[07:10] | Did that guy steal Morrie’s TV? | 不过主人公偷了莫里家的电视没 |
[07:22] | Now setting a course for adventure! | 让我们踏上冒险旅程吧 |
[07:28] | I’ve had great experiences with all my kids. | 我跟孩子们都有过超棒的回忆 |
[07:30] | But I… I might have fallen behind a bit with Alex. | 不过 也许我稍稍冷落艾丽克斯了 |
[07:33] | My fault completely. | 完全是我的责任 |
[07:35] | Adventure? We are throwing dog tags | 还冒险呢 这是要去把狗牌 |
[07:37] | into an already polluted ocean | 扔到已经饱受污染的海里 |
[07:38] | where they will probably choke an otter. | 搞不好会噎死一只水獭呢 |
[07:41] | 80% my fault. | 就80%是我的责任 |
[07:43] | Honey, we’re bringing closure to a man’s life. | 亲爱的 我们这是来了结一个人的遗愿 |
[07:47] | We’ll hike up to the scenic overlook, | 我们一会儿爬到能俯瞰大海的高处 |
[07:48] | where apparently, Walt proposed to his wife, | 据说沃特就在那儿向他的妻子求婚的 |
[07:50] | wait for the light to be just right, say a few words, | 等到光线柔和静谧时 说些悼词 |
[07:53] | share some memories. | 分享一些回忆 |
[07:55] | That’s kind of poetic. | 听起来倒有些诗意 |
[07:57] | Kind of Navajo. | 有些纳瓦伙族的味道 |
[07:57] | Now you’re getting it. | 你终于也上道了 |
[07:59] | We’ll be sending him off with a level of dignity, | 我们会让他带着尊严走完这一生 |
[08:01] | that if we’re lucky, someday we’ll experience, too. | 幸运的话 我们有天也将体会 |
[08:04] | It’s called– | 这叫做… |
[08:22] | Hey. What do you got there? Walt’s old TV? | 这是什么啊 沃特的旧电视吗 |
[08:24] | He said I could take one thing after he died. | 他说过他死后我可以挑一件他的东西 |
[08:27] | I wish he would’ve said two things. | 要是两件就好了 |
[08:28] | I would’ve taken that phone with the big buttons. | 我还想要那个按键很大的电话 |
[08:31] | I bet you guys had some really good times | 我相信你们一起看电视的时候 |
[08:34] | watching this thing, right? | 一定很开心 对吧 |
[08:35] | No. I just wanted a tv in my room. | 那倒没有 我屋里刚好差个电视而已 |
[08:39] | You know, Luke, | 听着 卢克 |
[08:40] | there might be a nicer way to honor Walt’s memory. | 也许有更好的方法来纪念沃特 |
[08:43] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[08:44] | Well, I mean, you guys liked to garden. | 比如说 你们喜欢一起打理花园 |
[08:48] | We could, uh, we could take one of his flowers | 我们可以从他的花园挑一枝花 |
[08:50] | and plant it in our yard, and then every spring, when– | 栽到咱家院子里 每当春天到来时 |
[08:55] | There we go. | 这样就好了 |
[08:58] | Sweetie, how are you feeling? | 亲爱的 你心里什么滋味 |
[09:01] | You sad? Angry? | 难过 还是生气 |
[09:03] | Confused? Frustrated? | 困惑 还是沮丧 |
[09:06] | You know you can talk to me. | 你有什么想法都可以跟我说 |
[09:07] | I know, but I can’t see through you. Could you scootch? | 知道啦 你挡着电视了 快闪开行吗 |
[09:11] | No. No. You know, this is not okay. | 不行 这样可不行 |
[09:13] | It’s going back. | 我要把它送回去 |
[09:14] | What? He said I could pick one thing. | 什么 他说我可以挑一件的 |
[09:15] | This isn’t picking. | 这不叫挑 |
[09:16] | It’s looting, and it’s going back. | 这叫抢 我要送回去了 |
[09:19] | You are so mean. | 你真是个坏女人 |
[09:20] | When Walt used to look through those binoculars | 那会儿沃特经常拿望远镜偷看你 |
[09:22] | and say, “Your dad’s one lucky man”, he was wrong. | 还说什么”你爸真是好福气” 他错了 |
[09:28] | Hi, Haley. | 嗨 海莉 |
[09:29] | Hi. Stef, Sam, this is Manny. | 嗨 斯蒂芬 山姆 这是曼尼 |
[09:31] | What’s up, dude? | 你好啊 老兄 |
[09:32] | Kitchen’s over there and pool’s in the back. | 厨房在那边 泳池在后面 |
[09:34] | So where are your parents? | 你爸妈没来吗 |
[09:35] | They’re not coming. | 他们不来 |
[09:36] | I was told there’d be a chaperone. | 我妈说会有监护人到场的啊 |
[09:37] | There is. It’s you. | 有啊 就是你 |
[09:39] | My parents are totally fine with it. | 我爸妈觉得没问题 |
[09:41] | Well, exits, | 我想想 安全出口 |
[09:43] | fire extinguisher, burn kit. | 灭火器 烧伤药箱 |
[09:46] | Okay, let’s have some fun. | 都齐全 来找点乐子吧 |
[09:48] | I believe I was clear the bedrooms were off-limits. | 我相信我说得很明白 禁入卧室 |
[09:50] | Young lady, I don’t think you’re ready up here | 小姑娘 送你一句箴言 |
[09:52] | for what you’re planning to do up there. | 张腿先过脑 开窍不开苞 |
[09:57] | Ugh. Not on my watch. | 在我眼皮底下别想 |
[10:02] | Oh, this was a delicious meal, Mitchell. | 菜做得真美味啊 米奇尔 |
[10:05] | I wish my wife could cook a roast like this. | 要是我老婆厨艺这么棒就好了 |
[10:08] | You got a good one there, son. | 你是好福气啊 儿子 |
[10:09] | Oh, well, I’m very lucky, just like you and mama. | 没错 我的福分 就像你跟妈妈一样 |
[10:12] | Never had a bad patch. | 幸福美满一辈子 |
[10:14] | Except the winter of ’85. Remember that? | 除了1985年冬天的那次 还记得吗 |
[10:16] | Oh, I spent several nights in the cow bed then. | 那可不 那几晚我只好睡牛床上了 |
[10:22] | Oh, here. Let me help you. | 来来来 我帮你收拾 |
[10:23] | No, no, no. You sit–sit down. | 不用不用 你坐下 |
[10:25] | Let–lets us guys catch up here a little bit. | 我们男人们来叙叙旧 |
[10:28] | I’ll tell you why I don’t like that guy– | 告诉你们我很烦那人的原因吧 |
[10:30] | and I could never say this to Mitch– | 我是不会跟米奇尔说的 |
[10:31] | He treats my son like the wife in the relationship. | 他把我儿子当做女人一样对待 |
[10:34] | Always has. | 一直都这样 |
[10:35] | Before we get to dessert, I’ve got some presents here. | 吃甜点前 我要送些礼物给你们 |
[10:39] | Oh, you didn’t need to, dad. | 不用这么客气啦 老爸 |
[10:41] | Love it! | 大爱啊 |
[10:43] | Oh, Merle, thank you so much. | 哇 莫尔 真是太谢谢你了 |
[10:47] | Look at this. Oh. So elegant, huh? | 瞧瞧这个 真是典雅大方 |
[10:51] | Oh, this is so sweet. | 真是太贴心了 |
[10:52] | I think I might cry. | 感动得快哭出来了 |
[10:53] | Don’t. | 千万别 |
[10:55] | Dad, I really gotta get home. | 老爸 我真的要回家了 |
[10:56] | I know. I know. You gotta do homework. | 我知道 我知道 你要做作业 |
[11:00] | But you can’t expect me to see a sign that says, | 但是当你看到一个牌子上写着 |
[11:01] | “World’s greatest milk shake–50 miles,” | “世间绝迹之美味奶昔 前50英里” |
[11:04] | and not drive to it. | 怎能不驱车前往呢 |
[11:05] | Sorry, sweetie. Machine’s broken. | 对不起两位 机器坏了 |
[11:09] | I just wanted a special day with my daughter, | 我就是想和我家闺女度过特别的一天 |
[11:11] | You know, like “the time we gave an old man | 比如”我们在海滩上给一位老人 |
[11:14] | a dramatic sendoff at the beach,” | 办了场意义非凡的送别仪式” |
[11:16] | or–or “the time we drove 100 miles | 或者”有次我们开了100英里 |
[11:18] | for the world’s greatest milk shake.” | 去吃世界上最美味的奶昔” |
[11:21] | Call us when it happens, Francine. | 要生的时候给我们电话 弗朗辛 |
[11:22] | Oh, it could be before you get home. | 你们到家前我说不定就要生了 |
[11:24] | I’m a week past my due date as it is. | 预产期已经过了一周了 |
[11:27] | What can I do for you? | 要吃点什么吗 |
[11:28] | “The time we delivered a baby.” | “有次我们帮忙接生了个孩子” |
[11:32] | We were the only ones there, and she was so close, | 那儿除了她就是我们了 她又快生了 |
[11:34] | The sound of a pin dropping could induce labor. | 一根针掉到地上的声音都能起到催生作用 |
[11:37] | Okay! | 好 |
[11:39] | What looks good? | 吃什么好呢 |
[11:41] | What looks good? | 吃什么好呢 |
[11:42] | What looks good? | 吃什么好呢 |
[11:51] | Wh-whoa! Kids love to destroy things. | 孩子都爱搞破坏 |
[11:54] | Not Manny. He’s always been a little bit too serious. | 曼尼不这样 他一直都太一本正经了 |
[11:57] | I would make the buildings, and he would inspect them. | 一般我负责造房子 他就负责来验收 |
[12:00] | And if they weren’t up to code, ay, ay, ay, the paperwork. | 一旦哪里不合法规 各种批文就来了 |
[12:05] | I remember Cam, one time, | 我记得小卡有一次 |
[12:07] | rolled a tractor tire right through a chicken coop. | 把拖拉机轮胎滚进了鸡窝 |
[12:09] | He was 3 at the time. | 他那时候才3岁 |
[12:13] | I remember Mitchell, one time, | 我记得米奇尔有一次 |
[12:14] | karate-chopped a plate glass window. | 空手劈向一块厚玻璃板 |
[12:16] | Got 17 stitches. | 缝了17针 |
[12:17] | Ah, yes. I love that story. | 我爱死这个故事了 |
[12:18] | Which one of the Charlie’s angels he was being again? | 他扮演的是霹雳娇娃[女]中的哪一个来着 |
[12:21] | – That’s not important. – I think it was Farrah. | -那不重要 -我觉得是费拉 |
[12:23] | Yeah, the thing I remember is, when Mitchell told that story, | 对 我记得米奇尔讲那个故事的时候 |
[12:26] | how–how he giggled all the way through. | 一直在咯咯笑 |
[12:27] | I’m sure he wasn’t giggling. | 我想他没有在咯咯笑 |
[12:29] | Oh, yeah, he–he was giggling, all right. | 他绝对在咯咯笑 |
[12:33] | No, see, Mitchell has a booming laugh. | 不 米奇尔通常都是爆笑 |
[12:34] | It’s Cameron, actually– has the high laugh. | 卡梅隆才是那个喜欢尖声笑的 |
[12:36] | You know… | 像是 |
[12:38] | No, I think Mitch has a higher laugh than– | 不 我觉得米奇的笑声更尖 |
[12:41] | It’s… | 是这样 |
[12:43] | No, it’s… | 不 是这样 |
[12:49] | Listen to them. | 听听他俩 |
[12:50] | Listen to them. | 听听他俩 |
[12:51] | Best of friends. | 好哥俩啊这是 |
[12:52] | Oh, man. I’m sorry I doubted Jay. | 亲爱的 我很抱歉我那么说杰 |
[12:54] | He’s been lovely. | 他很贴心 |
[12:56] | Oh, well, confession time– | 好吧 真心话时间 |
[12:57] | He kinda didn’t want to come. | 他确实有点不想来 |
[13:01] | Well, you’re gonna laugh | 听到这个你一定很想笑 |
[13:02] | because my dad was kinda hoping he wouldn’t. | 因为我爸也有点希望他不要来 |
[13:05] | Wha? | 什么 |
[13:07] | Oh. They just needed to get to know one another better. | 他们只是需要多互相了解一下 |
[13:10] | I am so glad that we did this. | 我真高兴我们做到了 |
[13:11] | Yeah, me, too. | 我也很高兴 |
[13:14] | Oh, that’s so funny. | 说来有趣 |
[13:15] | Wh-what did your dad not like about my dad? | 你爸为什么不喜欢我爸 |
[13:17] | Oh, well, you know Jay. He’s a teddy bear, | 你知道杰的 他可爱得很 |
[13:19] | but sometimes he can kinda come off as a tough guy. | 但有时候 他总以一副硬汉冷面孔示人 |
[13:22] | Yeah, that’s true. | 那倒是真的 |
[13:24] | As an actual tough guy, | 作为一个真正的硬汉 |
[13:25] | You can kinda see how that would rub my dad the wrong way. | 你就能理解为什么我爸会被惹到了 |
[13:30] | Oh, it’s–I-I could see that, but, you know, | 那个…我看得出来 不过 |
[13:31] | my dad’s actually pretty tough himself, so… | 我爸其实真是个硬汉 所以… |
[13:34] | Oh, yeah, city tough, | 是吗 都市硬汉而已 |
[13:36] | You know, not farm tough. | 而不是 乡野硬汉 |
[13:39] | You mean cities, where there are gangs, | 你说的都市 是指黑帮遍布的那种吧 |
[13:41] | as to opposed to farms, where there are ducks? | 乡野可就不一样了 遍布的都是小鸭子 |
[13:45] | Oh, boy. It’s really jammed in there. | 天呐 里面卡得死死的 |
[13:48] | Yeah. Why don’t you hop on in there, dad? | 老爸 要不你过去搭把手吧 |
[13:50] | My dad’s got it. | 我爸能搞定 |
[13:51] | – All right, let’s see here. – Hang on, Merle. | -好 我来看看 -坚持住 莫尔 |
[13:53] | – Wait. Here. Huh? – Hold. Yeah, that’s good. | -等等 这里吗 -撑住 好 |
[13:56] | Oh. It’s coming. | 快出来了 |
[13:56] | We got it. We got it. | 我们能搞定 我们能搞定 |
[13:57] | Oh, there you go. There you go. | 这就对了 这就对了 |
[13:59] | Cam, why don’t you go get us a couple of cold ones? | 小卡 帮我们拿点冰饮来吧 |
[14:02] | We’ll finish this job up in here. | 这边交给我们就行了 |
[14:04] | Sure thing, dad. You earned it. | 当然 老爸 应该的 |
[14:05] | Yeah. Good helping there, Merle. Okay. | 对 谢谢帮忙 莫尔 |
[14:11] | It’s hot in here. | 这里面真热 |
[14:13] | It’s, like, 80 degrees. | 有80华氏度吧[27摄氏度左右] |
[14:14] | He did that so the meals on wheels lady | 他这么做是让外卖女郎 |
[14:16] | had to take off her sweater. | 不得不宽衣解带 |
[14:17] | How do we turn on the lights in here? | 这儿灯是怎么开的 |
[14:20] | Of course. | 可不是嘛 |
[14:22] | So, Luke, now that we’re here, | 卢克 既然我们到这儿了 |
[14:25] | you wanna take a minute and say what Walt meant to you? | 要不你就跟我说说沃特对你有多重要 |
[14:28] | Nope. | 不想说 |
[14:30] | Luke, you are going through something huge in your life, | 卢克 你正经历漫漫人生路上的重要一课 |
[14:32] | and I’m concerned that you’re not processing it | 我担心你没能以一种 |
[14:34] | in a normal, healthy way. | 恰当的方式去处理 |
[14:37] | I’m sad. I’m so very sad. | 我伤心 我特别非常地伤心 |
[14:39] | No, I don’t just wanna hear what you think I wanna hear. | 别 你别说这些来应付我 |
[14:41] | – I want you to really tell me– – Hi. | -我希望你敞开心扉… -你们好 |
[14:42] | It’s Kim with meals on wheels. | 我是来来送餐的金姆 |
[14:44] | Hi, Luke. Where’s Walt? | 卢克 沃特在哪里 |
[14:46] | It is like a sauna in here. How does he stand it? | 热得跟蒸桑拿一样 他怎么受得了 |
[14:49] | Walt! I’m waiting for my hug! | 沃特 我在等我的每日一抱 |
[14:53] | I have some sad news about Walt. | 关于沃特 我有个不幸的消息 |
[15:00] | He’s dead. | 他去世了 |
[15:01] | What? | 什么 |
[15:02] | He died last night. | 昨晚去世的 |
[15:03] | Are you joking? | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[15:04] | No. He had a heart attack. | 不 他是心脏病去世的 |
[15:07] | A man died. You’re– you’re smiling. | 有人去世了 你却 你还笑得出来 |
[15:09] | I’m not smiling. | 我没在笑 |
[15:10] | You are, mom. It’s kinda creepy. | 撒谎 老妈 吓死个人哦 |
[15:11] | Well, hello? Walt? | 有人在吗 沃特 |
[15:15] | What’s going on? | 发生什么了 |
[15:16] | Something happen to Walt? | 沃特怎么了 |
[15:19] | Well, I’m sure you can imagine. | 我想你可以猜到的 |
[15:21] | He sick? | 他病了吗 |
[15:23] | He’s in the hospital? | 他现在在医院吗 |
[15:25] | Oh, my god. Just tell me. | 天啊 没卖关子了 |
[15:26] | Mm! Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:28] | He is… dead. | 他去世了 |
[15:31] | – He is? – Yeah, he’s dead. | -真的吗 -对 他去世了 |
[15:33] | What are you doing with your mouth? | 你捂着个嘴做什么 |
[15:35] | – Nothing. – She’s smiling. She thinks it’s funny. | -没什么 -她在笑 她觉得很滑稽 |
[15:37] | I don’t. I don’t think it’s funny. | 我没有 我没觉得很滑稽 |
[15:39] | – I’m not smiling. – I’m not leaving this with you. | -我没在笑 -我不会把这个留给你的 |
[15:40] | I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. | 抱歉 我很抱歉 |
[15:41] | I just found out my face does this. | 我也才知道我脸有这毛病 |
[15:45] | Wow, mom. That was so wrong. | 老妈 你这样是大不敬啊 |
[15:46] | Well, it’s–it’s called a coping mechanism, Luke. | 这只是应对机制的不同 卢克 |
[15:50] | Some people repress their feelings | 有些人会选择压抑自己的情感 |
[15:51] | and some people just smile. But d–it doesn’t matter. | 有些人则会选择微笑 不说了越描越黑 |
[15:55] | Just put the TV in the den. Let’s get out of here. | 把电视机放回小屋去 赶紧离开这儿 |
[15:57] | It doesn’t go in the den. | 电视机不是放在小屋的 |
[16:00] | It goes right here. | 应该放在这儿 |
[16:04] | I can see it from my room. | 从我的房间就能看见它了 |
[16:07] | Sometimes I’d wake up in the middle of the night | 有时候大半夜 我醒来时 |
[16:08] | and look down here. | 往这边一瞧 |
[16:10] | If the tv was on, I knew he was up, | 看电视机开着 就知道他还没睡 |
[16:14] | and I don’t know, | 我也说不清 |
[16:16] | I guess I’m gonna miss that. | 我想我会怀念这种感觉的 |
[16:19] | Yeah. That’s… | 这真是… |
[16:21] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[16:28] | Is that any better? | 好点了吗 |
[16:29] | Yeah, it still feels just, you know, a little wobbly. | 还是有那么点儿 摇摇晃晃的 |
[16:32] | Oh! Oh, my god. Okay, no, no, no. | 我的天 不不 |
[16:34] | That’s–that’s fine. Thank you. Thank you. | 没事 没关系 谢谢你 谢谢你 |
[16:37] | Okay, it’s “Go” Time. | 好吧 看样子是时候了 |
[16:41] | Oh, hey, doc. | 好啊 医生 |
[16:44] | It’s okay. It’s just a cramp. | 没事的 阵痛而已 |
[16:46] | Can I get you guys anything else? | 你们还要点些别的吗 |
[16:47] | Please, no. He’s already made me eat | 可千万别 他已经让我吃遍 |
[16:48] | the world’s greatest everything on the menu. | 菜单上”世间绝迹”的各种美食了 |
[16:52] | Dad, why are you acting like this? | 老爸 你今天怎么这么诡异 |
[16:54] | Is this about Walt dying? | 是跟沃特去世有关吗 |
[16:56] | No. It’s about what he didn’t do when he was alive– | 不 与他在世时没来得及做的事有关 |
[17:00] | Have a special bond with his daughter. | 他没能和女儿共创特殊的美好回忆 |
[17:01] | I don’t want to be that kind of dad. | 我不想成为他那样的一个父亲 |
[17:03] | I want to be Eugene Cernan. | 要做就做尤金·塞尔南那样的 |
[17:04] | Who’s Eugene Cernan? | 尤金·塞尔南是谁 |
[17:05] | “Apollo 17” Astronaut, | 阿波罗17号的宇航员 |
[17:07] | Last man on the moon, coolest dad of all time. | 月上最后一人 史上最酷的爹 |
[17:10] | When he was leaving the moon, he reached down | 他离开月球时 他俯下身去 |
[17:11] | and wrote his daughter’s initials into the lunar surface. | 把他女儿名字的缩写 刻在了月球表面 |
[17:14] | Since there’s no atmosphere– | 由于月球上没有空气流动 |
[17:16] | There’ll be there forever. | 所以它会永远留在那 |
[17:18] | Wow. So every time she looks in the sky, | 所以每次当她仰望天空时 |
[17:20] | she knows there’s a message just for her. | 就能收到那专属于她的讯息 |
[17:22] | Exactly. That’s why dads everywhere hate Eugene Cernan. | 没错 全世界的爹都恨尤金·塞尔南 |
[17:26] | Oh, no. | 不是吧 |
[17:27] | Okay, “Hate’s” A strong word. It’s just– | 好吧 “恨”这字眼确实重了 只是 |
[17:29] | I’m trying to make– | 我是想说 |
[17:31] | Oh. Oh, boy. | 天啊 |
[17:33] | Honey. Okay. | 亲爱的 |
[17:34] | I really wanna help, | 我是真想帮你 |
[17:35] | but you know when someone yawns, | 不过都说见别人打哈欠或呕吐时 |
[17:37] | It makes you yawn? | 自己也会有反应 |
[17:39] | You’re not gonna yawn, are you? | 你也想吐了 是吗 |
[17:41] | I already yawned a little in my mouth. Oh, god. | 都已经到嗓子眼了 天哪 |
[17:44] | Jay, I want to thank you for helping me do this. | 杰 帮了这么大忙 真得谢谢你 |
[17:48] | I know Cam appreciates not having to do it all on his own. | 小卡肯定很开心 不用自己一人忙活了 |
[17:53] | What? What’s that face? | 怎么 摆什么臭脸呢 |
[17:55] | You really wanna know? | 你真想知道 |
[17:56] | Sure. | 当然 |
[17:59] | Sometimes I think you treat my son | 有时候我觉得 在他们的关系中 |
[18:01] | like the woman in their relationship. | 你把我儿子当成女人 |
[18:03] | – What? – Like those watches. | -什么 -比如那对表 |
[18:05] | Cam’s was all big and manly. | 小卡那块又大又爷们 |
[18:07] | The other one looked like something | 另一只看起来 |
[18:09] | Grace Kelly would wear. | 就像是格蕾丝·凯莉的表 |
[18:10] | Well, that’s just because | 那是因为 |
[18:11] | Mitch has a more slender wrist than cam does. That’s all. | 米奇的手腕比小卡的要纤细 仅此而已 |
[18:15] | It’s skinny, not slender. | 他那是瘦 不是纤细 |
[18:17] | And you’re honestly telling me | 那你老老实实告诉我 |
[18:18] | you don’t cast mitch in the more ladylike role? | 你没把米奇放在类似女人的角色中 |
[18:21] | Are you saying Cam is the wife in this deal? | 你是说小卡扮演的是老婆的角色吗 |
[18:23] | I don’t think about it that way. | 我没那么想过 |
[18:24] | It’s not like it was in our day. | 现在可不像我们当年那样了 |
[18:26] | Husband went out to work. | 出门养家糊口的是老公 |
[18:27] | Wife stayed home with the kids. | 在家相夫教子的是老婆 |
[18:29] | That sounds like a clever way of saying “Yes.” | 真会说话 拐弯抹角地说小卡是女人呗 |
[18:31] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[18:34] | They’re both equal. | 他们是平等的 |
[18:36] | Neither one is the wife. | 没有谁是女方 |
[18:39] | Yeah. Yeah. | 对 对 |
[18:40] | I know that in my head. | 我其实也很明白 |
[18:42] | It’s just that it makes me feel a tiny bit better | 只是当我觉得跟他相守一生的人 |
[18:47] | to think that the person he’s spending his life with | 其实有那么一点像女人时 |
[18:51] | is a tiny bit of a woman. | 我心里会好过些 |
[18:54] | I get it. | 我懂的 |
[18:56] | Every time I start to feel comfortable with this thing, | 每次我对这事刚能接受一点时 |
[18:59] | some new part comes up I gotta wrap my head around. | 就又会有新的事情发生让我烦心 |
[19:03] | Yeah, I guess we got no choice. | 事已至此 坦然接受吧 |
[19:05] | Yep. We got two sons, | 对 我们都有两个儿子 |
[19:08] | and they’re gay for each other. | 都为对方的基情所倾倒 |
[19:11] | I’ll take it slow on the way home. | 回家路上我会慢点开的 |
[19:14] | Don’t worry. Canceling course for adventure. | 别担心 冒险旅程取消 |
[19:19] | You know what I’ll never forget? | 你猜什么将永存我心难以忘记 |
[19:20] | The time my dad spent the entire day | 就是我爸花了一整天 |
[19:22] | trying to create a special memory for me. | 就为了要给我制造些特殊的回忆 |
[19:29] | Or when a pregnant lady slipped in my vomit. | 还有 有个孕妇踩着我的呕吐物滑到了 |
[19:35] | Hang on. | 等着 |
[19:37] | I wanna do one thing before we go. | 走之前我得做件事 |
[19:41] | Hey, you on your way home? | 你在回家路上了吗 |
[19:42] | Just about. How’s everything there? | 快了 你那边怎么样了 |
[19:50] | Actually, it’s pretty great. | 事实上 一切进展顺利 |
[19:54] | I can’t wait to see you. | 我等不及要见你了 |
[19:55] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[19:57] | Okay. | 好的 |
[20:00] | Let’s hit it. | 走吧 |
[20:02] | I don’t know. | 要不然 |
[20:05] | I feel like maybe we should get some food on the way home. | 回家路上我们买点吃的带回去吧 |
[20:08] | Don’t. | 可别 |
[20:10] | Maybe a nice tuna melt. | 来个金枪鱼三明治 |
[20:12] | Stop it. | 别说了 |
[20:26] | I did what I could, mom. It was a nightmare. | 我已经尽力了妈妈 简直跟噩梦一样 |
[20:28] | I can’t tell you how many times I turned off the bathroom light. | 我都不知道我关了多少次浴室的灯 |
[20:30] | Haley! | 海莉 |
[20:33] | Oh, crap. Listen, Gloria. | 糟了 听我说 歌洛莉亚 |
[20:34] | Okay, everything I told you technically was not– | 我之前对你讲的 严格说不算是… |
[20:37] | You lied to me | 你对我撒谎 |
[20:38] | so that you could have a party without supervision! | 就为了没人管 为所欲为地开派对 |
[20:41] | Oh, I had plenty of supervision. | 今天晚上管事的还真不少 |
[20:43] | He was running around all night with his coasters and vacuum | 他整晚都拿着杯垫和吸尘器跑来跑去 |
[20:46] | and his “Make good choices” Speech. | 义正言辞地教育别人要”做正确的决定” |
[20:48] | Good. Somebody needed to be responsible. | 很好 总得有个人有点责任心吧 |
[20:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:51] | Not you. You take rules too seriously. | 没说你 你太一本正经 太刻板了 |
[20:53] | I’m in trouble? | 倒成我错了 |
[20:54] | You are 13. | 你才13岁 |
[20:56] | You’re not supposed to be vacuuming the party. | 你不应该在派对上用吸尘器打扫 |
[20:58] | You’re supposed to be enjoying the party. | 你应该享受这个派对才是 |
[21:00] | Exactly. | 就是嘛 |
[21:01] | A party that you shouldn’t have been having! | 而你压根不应该参加这样的派对 |
[21:04] | It seems like you’re sending mixed signals here. | 似乎你的逻辑有点混乱 |
[21:05] | Yeah, maybe I should get my friends and just leave. | 也许我应该叫朋友们都走了 |
[21:07] | No, you’re in trouble, little young lady. | 不 你麻烦大了 小姑娘 |
[21:09] | You’re having this party! | 这派对不能停 |
[21:11] | What? They’ve been using glassware by the pool, | 什么 他们在泳池边用玻璃餐具 |
[21:13] | putting feet on the furniture, | 把脚放在家具上 |
[21:14] | and begging girls to kiss each other. | 还求女生互相亲对方 |
[21:16] | Yes! All the things that you should have been doing! | 对 这些事就是你应该干的 |
[21:20] | Yeah, all those things are fine. | 对 这些都没问题 |
[21:21] | Go. Have fun and go crazy. | 去吧 去好好玩 疯一疯 |
[21:24] | But he’s gonna ruin my party. | 他会毁了我的派对的 |
[21:26] | Two birds with one bullet. | 一石二鸟 一箭双雕 |