时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Is everybody ok? | 大家没事吧 |
[00:06] | I’m fine. Thanks for waiting. | 我没事 谢谢你没丢下我 |
[00:08] | What was that? | 发生什么事了 |
[00:08] | Water either gas line, the training is the same. | 水管和煤气管爆炸的逃生方式都一样 |
[00:11] | People, just stay low and move out. | 大家弯腰前行 马上离开房子 |
[00:12] | Honey, Luke’s gone. | 老公 卢克不见了 |
[00:14] | Claire, spontaneous human combustion is very rare. | 克莱尔 人体自燃十分少见 |
[00:16] | I don’t think he exploded, Phil. | 我不觉得是他自爆了 菲尔 |
[00:19] | The rope ladder works. At least someone followed protocol. | 绳梯很管用 至少有人是按逃生规程来的 |
[00:22] | Oh! Oh, it’s there! | 是那个 |
[00:23] | Smoke is coming out of Luke’s stupid suitcase. | 烟是从卢克该死的魔术箱里冒出来的 |
[00:26] | Like his old man, Luke is a magician. | 有其父必有其子 卢克也是个魔术师 |
[00:29] | I’m taking lessons from some guy my dad found online. | 教我魔术的是我爸上网搜来的大师 |
[00:32] | He came personally recommended from the guy who runs | 他可是有莫德斯托巫师大会 |
[00:34] | The Warlock Conference up in Modesto. | 举办者的个人推荐呢 |
[01:09] | Ocupad, big guy. | 此位有人了 大块头 |
[01:10] | Find another foxhole. | 请另寻良枝吧 |
[01:19] | *This is how we learn to sing* | *大家跟我一起学唱歌* |
[01:23] | *Who can go up here with me?* | *谁来跟我一起唱* |
[01:27] | Cam took a job teaching music at the local middle school. | 小卡要去本地中学当音乐老师了 |
[01:30] | Yeah, his first day is tomorrow. | 明天就是上班第一天 |
[01:31] | I’m excited for me, | 我为自己开心 |
[01:33] | but I’m probably more excited for the students | 但更为我的学生开心 |
[01:35] | because a great teacher is a gift. | 因为优秀的老师是天赐的礼物 |
[01:37] | Hasn’t started yet. | 还没正式上岗呢 |
[01:39] | I have to tip my hat to my high school music teacher… | 我要向我的高中音乐老师致敬 |
[01:41] | A real force of nature | 此人带有自然的魔力 |
[01:43] | who was also the defensive coordinator for the football team | 同时身兼橄榄球队的防守员 |
[01:45] | and supervised calf birthing for the animal husbandry club. | 和农场动物俱乐部的牛犊接生监察员 |
[01:49] | Doris Olson. Great lady. | 朵莉丝·奥尔森 一位伟大的女士 |
[01:52] | Lady. | 好一位女士 |
[01:53] | *This is how… we learn to sing* | *大家跟我一起学唱歌* |
[02:17] | Ay, Jay, I’m going to miss you. | 杰 人家会想你的 |
[02:19] | It’s one night. | 只是一晚上而已 |
[02:20] | No, I don’t want to be without you, | 不 人家不想和你分离 |
[02:21] | not even one night in my whole life. | 我这辈子一晚都不能离开你 |
[02:24] | What can I make you? | 我能为你做点什么 |
[02:26] | How about a little room on my side of the bed? | 在床上给我腾点位置怎么样 |
[02:28] | I mean, I shouldn’t complain. My wife’s a knockout. But… | 我是不该抱怨 我老婆美艳动人 但是 |
[02:31] | she’s at that place in her pregnancy | 她现在处于孕期中的某个阶段 |
[02:33] | where, she’s, you know… ample. | 她变得 臃肿 |
[02:36] | And the snoring. | 还打呼噜 |
[02:37] | I swear in the last ultrasound, the baby was like this… | 我发誓 上一张超音波片里婴儿是这样的 |
[02:41] | So I should be home about noon tomorrow. | 我明天中午就能到家 |
[02:44] | Who drank all the coffee? | 谁把咖啡都喝完了 |
[02:45] | Oh, I, uh, I had quite a bit of that. | 我喝了不少 |
[02:47] | You know, I haven’t, um, been sleeping too well. | 我最近晚上睡得不太好 |
[02:50] | There’s actually a funny story about what’s causing that. | 失眠的原因说来也挺好笑 |
[02:53] | Mom, I’m fully aware of the changes your body is going through, | 妈 我非常理解您的身体正经历着变化 |
[02:56] | and that nasal stuffiness is very common during pregnancy, | 鼻塞也是怀孕时常见的现象 |
[02:59] | but we got a crisis in this house. | 但家里的情况已经刻不容缓了 |
[03:01] | You’ve been snoring. But I got you these nasal strips. | 你打呼太严重了 我帮你买了呼吸辅助贴 |
[03:03] | In the commercial, | 广告里 |
[03:04] | the old man’s angry red sound waves turn a gentle blue. | 连老头如雷般的呼噜声也能化为轻柔之音 |
[03:07] | – So I’m like an old man? – No! | -所以我打呼像老头子吗 -不是 |
[03:09] | Like a dog then? A pig? | 那我是像狗 还是像猪 |
[03:12] | What is it, Manny? I’m an old man, a dog, or a pig? | 怎么 曼尼 我是老头子 还是狗或猪 |
[03:15] | Jay, help me out here. You’ve heard it. | 杰 帮我说两句 你也听到呼声了 |
[03:17] | I don’t know what the boy’s talking about. | 我完全不知道这孩子在说什么 |
[03:19] | If this is a glimpse of teenage Manny, I don’t love it. | 如果这是青春期的曼尼 我可不喜欢 |
[03:21] | Have a little respect for your beautiful mother. | 你妈这么漂亮 你要尊重她 |
[03:24] | Thank you, Jay. | 谢谢你 杰 |
[03:26] | You’re right. Sorry, mom. | 你说得对 我错了 妈妈 |
[03:29] | And, Jay, | 杰 |
[03:30] | Have a great trip to San Francisco. | 祝你在旧金山玩得愉快 |
[03:35] | Okay, Lily’s drop-off time is between 8:45 and 8:50, | 莉莉到校的时间是8点45到50之间 |
[03:38] | so you should be fine to get work by 9. | 所以你应该能来得及9点上班 |
[03:40] | Here is her checklist for her backpack. | 这是她背包内容的清单 |
[03:44] | Oh, I have this whole thing planned. | 我一切都计划好了 |
[03:46] | Okay, I’m gonna walk in, take off my jacket, | 我款款步入教室 脱下我的外套 |
[03:47] | and say, “Here comes treble.” | 大声宣布 高音号在此 |
[03:48] | Big swing on the first day. | 上班第一天扭得挺欢啊 |
[03:50] | Please don’t tamp down my enthusiasm. | 请不要打击我的热情 |
[03:52] | Okay, what else? | 好了 还有什么 |
[03:52] | Oh! The dimmer came in for the switch, | 对了 调光器的开关有问题 |
[03:54] | so I want you to call the electrician, but not Brad. | 你去请个电工来 但是别找布拉德 |
[03:56] | Remember? We had a problem with him last time about the billing. | 还记得上次我们为账单和他不太愉快吗 |
[03:58] | He wanted his name above the title? | 因为他想要名列账单[演员表]前茅 |
[04:00] | Yes, you’ve done that joke before. So cute. So funny. | 你讲过这个笑话了 好可爱好好笑 |
[04:02] | What else? Oh! | 还有什么 哦 |
[04:03] | Lily needs to get a present for Gio’s birthday party. | 莉莉需要为吉奥的生日派对准备礼物 |
[04:05] | And don’t be thrown by the invitation. | 别被请帖迷惑了 |
[04:06] | It is a pirates party, not a pilates party. | 是海盗主题派对 不是普拉提健身派对 |
[04:08] | Now sit. I wanna talk juice boxes. | 过来坐好 我再说说果汁盒的事 |
[04:09] | Cam. Cam, I know what’s happening here. | 小卡 小卡 我知道你现在什么状况 |
[04:11] | You’re feeling very anxious about your first day at work, | 你第一天上班 感觉特别紧张 |
[04:14] | And you’re focusing that anxiety on my day with Lily. | 然后你把焦虑转移到我带莉莉这件事身上 |
[04:16] | Really? Are you sure I’m not | 真的吗 你不觉得 |
[04:17] | completely confident about my first day | 我对这第一天充满了信心吗 |
[04:19] | because it’s gonna be a home run. | 人家肯定满分表现啦 |
[04:20] | And I am worried about you because you’re taking on | 而我担心你 是因为你的任务 |
[04:21] | a little bit more of the Lily load? | 可不只是照顾莉莉呢 |
[04:23] | Don’t be scared, sweetie. Mwah! | 别怕 亲爱的 么哇 |
[04:25] | She’s not scared! What are you doing? | 她才不怕呢 你这是干嘛 |
[04:27] | – Just call me if you need me. – I won’t! | -需要我就打电话给我 -不会的 |
[04:29] | And thank you for managing my expectations today. | 非常感谢你控制一下我的期望值 |
[04:31] | Not necessary. | 但其实没必要 |
[04:32] | I saw you practicing a bow last night. | 我昨晚看到你在练习鞠躬 |
[04:34] | That was just in fun. | 练着玩儿而已 |
[04:35] | You know, I highly doubt some teenagers are gonna | 我觉得那些孩子是不会 |
[04:37] | throw rose petals at my feet. | 往我脚边撒玫瑰花瓣的 |
[04:41] | But I wouldn’t be surprised | 但是我第一堂课结束后 |
[04:42] | if I got slow-clapped out of my first class. | 掌声蔓延不息什么的也不足为奇 |
[04:45] | Wrong. | 错了 |
[04:47] | I am thinking. | 我还在想呢 |
[04:48] | If you were thinking, | 如果你真的用脑在想 |
[04:49] | you wouldn’t have Seattle as the capital of Washington. | 就不会把西雅图当成华盛顿州的首府了 |
[04:53] | It’s Spokane. | 是斯波坎 |
[04:54] | Sure, which makes the 11th president of the United States | 好吧 那美国的第11任总统就成了 |
[04:56] | “James k. Pslk.” | 詹姆斯·波斯克 |
[04:58] | Okay, Alex, stop. | 好了 艾丽克斯 别这样 |
[04:59] | I’m trying to figure this out. | 我正在想呢 |
[05:01] | Buzz. Time’s up, dummy. It’s Olympia. | 哔哔 时间到 笨蛋 是奥林匹亚 |
[05:04] | Make sure you sound out the big scary words. | 记得在表演时喊出那吓死人的行话哦 |
[05:09] | Mom, something’s on my mind, and it’s really bothering me. | 妈妈 有件事让我很苦恼 |
[05:13] | Yeah, it’s really bothering me, too, | 对啊 也让我很苦恼 |
[05:14] | But I think it’s gonna be rich, | 但我觉得她以后可能是个女富豪 |
[05:16] | so we better be nice to it. | 所以我们要对她好一点 |
[05:17] | I wanna quit magic. | 我不想再学魔术了 |
[05:19] | What? | 什么 |
[05:20] | I’m not really interested anymore, | 我真的没什么兴趣了 |
[05:21] | but I don’t think dad’s gonna be happy. | 但我想爸爸会不高兴的 |
[05:23] | Oh, sweetheart. Don’t worry about disappointing your father. | 宝贝 别担心让你爸爸失望 |
[05:25] | He only wants you to do it if you wanna do it. | 他只会希望你去做你真正喜欢的事 |
[05:28] | Tell you what. I will talk to dad– | 不如这样吧 我跟你爸谈谈 |
[05:30] | Whoa! Talk to dad? That sounds serious. | 哇 跟老爸谈谈 一本正经的样子 |
[05:34] | Don’t do drugs. | 不许嗑药 |
[05:35] | Stay in school. | 不要逃学 |
[05:37] | Luke wants to quit magic. | 卢克不想再学魔术了 |
[05:38] | That’s not happening. | 绝对不行 |
[05:39] | Well, see you guys at dinner. | 晚上见吧 |
[05:41] | Sweetheart, don’t you even want to talk about this? | 亲爱的 你完全不想谈谈这事儿吗 |
[05:43] | What’s to talk about? The kid’s a natural. | 有什么好谈的 我儿子天生就是这块料 |
[05:45] | He has everything– | 他天赋异禀 |
[05:46] | the hands, the patter, the outfits. | 双手灵活 行话精通 装备齐全 |
[05:47] | Okay, let’s play this out. | 好吧 我们设想一下 |
[05:49] | Even if he is one in a million, | 即使他是万里挑一的好苗子 |
[05:51] | what’s our best case scenario here? | 最好的结果又如何 |
[05:52] | He becomes, what… | 他会变成什么 |
[05:54] | A professional magician! | 一个专业的魔术师 |
[05:56] | Honey, the boy has a gift. | 亲爱的 这孩子就是有这天赋 |
[05:58] | You wanna just throw that away? | 你想白白浪费这天赋吗 |
[05:59] | I don’t think it’s about throwing it away. | 那才不是什么白白浪费 |
[06:01] | I think it’s about you pushing him– | 而是你逼着他 |
[06:01] | Don’t I get a say in any of this? | 我能插两句话吗 |
[06:03] | I’m sorry I don’t like magic as much as you, | 很遗憾我不像你那么喜欢魔术 |
[06:05] | but I don’t. | 但我真不喜欢 |
[06:06] | This isn’t about magic. | 这与魔术无关 |
[06:07] | No, it’s about my life and you controlling it. | 确实 而是我的人生你做主 |
[06:09] | Look, you made a commitment. You will honor that commitment. | 听着 你许下承诺 就该信守承诺 |
[06:12] | Ugh! I hate it here! | 我最讨厌这个 |
[06:16] | Luke! | 卢克 |
[06:21] | All right, young ladies and gentlemen, | 好了 年轻的女士们先生们 |
[06:25] | if I can have your attention, please. | 请听我说 好吗 |
[06:27] | Let’s settle down | 大家坐坐好 |
[06:28] | and let’s say a temporary good-bye to your neighbor | 跟邻座的同学和无趣的生活 |
[06:30] | and to life as you know it, because here comes treble. | 暂时告个别 因为时代男高音来了 |
[06:34] | That’s right, my friends, we got treble, | 没错 下面的朋友们 时代最高音 |
[06:36] | Right here at Franklin middle. | 就在弗兰克林中学 |
[06:38] | I’m Cameron T., and that rhymes with “G,” | 我是卡梅隆小T 韵脚是个小G |
[06:39] | And that stands for “Good morning”! | 意思就是”古德猫林”[早上好] |
[06:42] | Huh? Yes! Love the enthusiasm. | 请说 就爱有热情的 |
[06:44] | Go ahead. First question. | 说吧 第一个问题 |
[06:45] | When’s Mr. Namagachi coming back? | 纳玛奇老师什么时候回来 |
[06:47] | Okay, Mr. Namagachi isn’t coming back, | 纳玛奇老师不会再回来了 |
[06:49] | But there is somebody that I’d like to introduce you to. | 但我想向你们介绍一个人 |
[06:53] | Don’t know that you proy met. | 不知道你们是否正式见过面了 |
[06:55] | She’s a good friend of mine, | 她是我的好朋友 |
[06:56] | and she goes by the name of “Music.” | 她的名字就叫作 “音乐” |
[07:00] | And sometimes my friend music can be shy. | 有时候我的朋友音乐很羞涩 |
[07:08] | Sometimes she can be angry! | 有时候则充满了愤怒 |
[07:12] | Sometimes she can be playful. | 有时候又很欢腾 |
[07:17] | And sometimes she can be downright a-funky! | 有时候则是非常 时髦[放克乐] |
[07:23] | Train wreck. | 大事不妙 |
[07:25] | There’s no way he ran this past Mitchell. | 他肯定没跟米奇尔商量过要用这招 |
[07:27] | Daddy always parks in the back of the school. | 大爸通常停在学校的后门 |
[07:30] | I know, sweetie, but, uh, | 我知道 宝贝 但是 |
[07:32] | those spots were all taken. | 那里的停车位都被占了 |
[07:33] | Because we’re late? | 因为我们迟到了 |
[07:35] | No, we’re, like, a minute late, and that’s ’cause of traffic. | 不是 我们才晚了一分钟 是因为堵车 |
[07:37] | And because I tipped over. | 也因为我摔倒了 |
[07:39] | You didn’t snap my car seat right. | 你没系好我的安全座椅 |
[07:41] | Okay, well, it certainly didn’t hurt your memory any. | 好吧 那一摔倒是没把你的记忆摔坏嘛 |
[07:43] | All right, here’s your lunch. | 给你午餐 |
[07:45] | You spilled it! | 你弄洒了 |
[07:47] | Oh! Why is the top open? | 盖子怎么开着呢 |
[07:49] | Daddy always zips it for me. | 大爸都会替我拉上拉链的 |
[07:51] | Maybe you should zip it. | 或许你该自己拉上 |
[07:53] | I heard that. | 我可听到你的吐槽了 |
[07:55] | So with just a few more minutes left– | 既然还剩几分钟时间 |
[07:57] | – Mr. Namagachi– – used to work here, | -纳玛奇老师 -以前在这里工作 |
[07:59] | but he got fired, okay? | 可他被开除了 明白吗 |
[08:00] | So now let’s form an orchestra | 那么 现在 让我们用 |
[08:01] | made up of my favorite instruments– | 我最喜欢的乐器组成乐队吧 |
[08:03] | your beautiful bodies. | 也就是你们美丽的身体 |
[08:05] | Gettin’ creepy. | 有点”变态”了 |
[08:06] | Okay, so you guys are gonna be my, uh, table slappers. | 那么 你们负责拍桌子打节拍 |
[08:09] | You’re my bass line. | 你们是我的低音部 |
[08:10] | Okay, and you’re gonna be mouth trumpeters in the back with the melody. | 而后面这些同学就用嘴模仿小号的旋律 |
[08:15] | Okay, now let’s bring it all together. | 好的 现在 大家一起来 |
[08:17] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[08:20] | The bass line is a little– a little softer. | 低音部声音再柔和一点 |
[08:23] | Okay, louder with the mouth trumpets. | 模仿小号的声音再大一些 |
[08:26] | Okay. Great. Well, thank you so much. | 好极了 非常感谢你们 |
[08:28] | And, um, I thought it was a great first day. | 我觉得今天棒极了 |
[08:30] | And I love the give-and-take, everyone. | 各位同学 我喜欢与你们互相学习 |
[08:32] | And, um… | 还有 |
[08:40] | Hey, dad. How’s Frisco? | 老爸 “西斯科”好玩吗 |
[08:41] | My meetings ended early. | 我的会议早结束了 |
[08:43] | I didn’t even have to spend the night. | 我都不用在那儿过夜 |
[08:44] | And don’t say “Frisco.” | 你也别再说”西斯科”了 |
[08:46] | They hate it when you call it “Frisco.” | 他们不喜欢别人把那里叫做”西斯科” |
[08:47] | How do you know what they hate? | 你怎么知道 |
[08:48] | You’ve been there two times in your life. | 你这辈子只去过那里两次 |
[08:49] | Anyway, I haven’t slept in a week. | 爱咋咋地 我都一星期没睡觉了 |
[08:52] | Gloria’s snoring like a water buffalo. | 歌洛莉亚打呼噜打得跟水牛似的 |
[08:54] | Aw. Well, she’s pregnant. It’s uncomfortable. | 她在怀孕嘛 肯定不舒服 |
[08:57] | What, she put on 15? 20? 25? 30? | 她增肥了多少 15 20 25 30磅吗 |
[09:00] | We’re not doing this again. How do I bring it up? | 别老问这个了 我要怎么跟她提这件事呢 |
[09:03] | Well, for starters, you don’t. | 首先 你不要提 |
[09:06] | You suck it up. | 老实忍着吧 |
[09:07] | Dad, your hot wife | 老爸 你的辣妻 |
[09:09] | who was learning to walk when you were 30 years old, | 她刚学走路时 你已经是而立之年了 |
[09:12] | is pregnant with a baby you conceived | 现在她怀了你的娃 |
[09:13] | doing something most men would kill to do. | 多少男人拼了命想跟她造个娃啊 |
[09:17] | – I’m just so tired. – It’s a small sacrifice | -我就是太累了 -那点小牺牲 |
[09:19] | compared to what she’s going through. Poor thing, | 跟她所遭受的相比不值一提 小可怜 |
[09:22] | what with the extra… 30? 35? 40? 45? | 她增肥了多少磅 30 35 40 45 |
[09:25] | We’re done. | 够了 |
[09:26] | All right, here we go. How’s this? | 好的 开始喽 这个怎么样 |
[09:27] | That’s not the kind we get. | 我们不买这种 |
[09:29] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:32] | Hello? Hey, Cam. | 喂 你好 小卡 |
[09:33] | Just checking in on me again? | 又打电话查岗吗 |
[09:35] | Yeah. Just wanted to see if you got Lily. | 是的 就想看看你有没有接到莉莉 |
[09:37] | Yeah, we’re–we’re just– we’re at the grocery store, | 接到了 我们刚到 我们在杂货店 |
[09:38] | having a great time. | 正逛得高兴呢 |
[09:42] | Oh. Yeah. Any questions about the… | 是吗 关于购物清单… |
[09:45] | about the grocery list? | 有什么问题吗 |
[09:47] | No, we’re just picking up the granola. | 没有 我们正在买格兰诺拉燕麦片 |
[09:48] | So how was it? How was the big debut? | 你怎么样 你的初次登场如何 |
[09:51] | Was it a comfortable ride around the schoolyard | 在学校里是不是和孩子们 |
[09:52] | on the shoulders of the children? | 相处融洽 如鱼得水 |
[09:54] | Well, I stood and delivered. | 我反正是为人师表了一回 |
[09:55] | Thank you for sarcastically asking. | 谢谢你冷嘲热讽的询问 |
[09:57] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[09:59] | Okay, did you call the electrician about the dimmer? | 你有没有给电工打电话说调光器的事 |
[10:01] | Yes. Yeah. | 打了 当然打了 |
[10:02] | Yeah, I’m on the other line with him right now. | 他现在正在另一条线上等待通话呢 |
[10:04] | Oh, well, I should probably let you go. | 好了 那我大概应该撂电话了 |
[10:05] | Keep your eye on Lily. She has a tendency to wander off. | 看好莉莉 她特爱乱跑 |
[10:07] | Cam… Uh, wh-wh–I’m– I’m totally capable of… | 小卡 我 我当然能… |
[10:11] | – You lost her, didn’t you? – No. No, no, no, no. | -你把她弄丢了 是不是 -没有没有 |
[10:13] | No, she is right next to me. Hi, honey. | 没有 她就在我旁边 嗨 宝贝 |
[10:15] | I can hear it in your voice. Look in the dairy case. | 我能听出来什么情况 到乳制品柜里找找 |
[10:17] | Cam, do you honestly think that I would lose… | 小卡 你不会真以为我能弄丢… |
[10:20] | the doors don’t pull. They slide. | 那门拉不开 是滑开的 |
[10:33] | You never saw me. | 就当你没见到过我 |
[10:41] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[10:55] | Look, um, I thought about it, | 我想了想 |
[10:57] | and if you really want to, you can quit magic. | 要是你特别想告别魔术 那就随你意 |
[11:00] | You just have to do one thing first– | 只要 你最后做一件事 |
[11:03] | execute the Butler’s escape. | 表演”巴特勒逃脱术” |
[11:06] | It goes without saying that the Butler’s escape | 毫无疑问 巴特勒逃脱术 |
[11:08] | is one of the most challenging feats of escapology | 是逃脱术中最具挑战性的特技 |
[11:10] | an illusionist can perform. | 是魔术师最高等级的表演之一 |
[11:12] | It’s–it’s based, of course, on the well-known story | 此魔术 正是基于 那著名的 |
[11:14] | of the Earl of Flanning’s manservant Percy, | 弗兰宁伯爵的男仆珀西的故事 |
[11:16] | who was imprisoned in the Tower of London, | 珀西被囚禁在伦敦塔里 |
[11:18] | and as we all know, refused to take off his uniform | 众所周知 在被铐上枷锁的时候 |
[11:21] | when he was shackled. | 他坚决不脱自己的制服 |
[11:22] | Famously, as the, uh, tower guard Gert slept, | 大家都知道 塔上的侍卫格特睡着后 |
[11:25] | Percy freed himself and leapt over the sleeping guard, | 珀西挣脱了枷锁 悄悄跃过睡着的侍卫 |
[11:28] | giving rise to the popular expression… | 那句著名的俗语就从此而来… |
[11:33] | “Percy jumped the Gert.” | “珀西跃过格尔特” |
[11:36] | Why are you making me do this stupid trick? | 你为什么要我做这个愚蠢的把戏 |
[11:38] | I think you’re quitting… | 我觉得你之所以不想学了 |
[11:39] | because magic’s getting hard, | 是因为魔术难度越来越大 |
[11:40] | and that’s not a good reason for quitting anything. | 但在任何事上 都不该因惧怕困难而退缩 |
[11:43] | But… | 但是… |
[11:44] | if you can do this, | 如果你能成功 |
[11:45] | then I’ll know that you genuinely don’t like it, | 我就知道你是真心不喜欢魔术 |
[11:47] | and you’ll have my blessing to pursue other interests. | 就算你从事其他爱好 我也祝福你 |
[11:51] | No strings attached. | 不带附加条件 |
[11:53] | Sorry, buddy. | 抱歉 小老弟 |
[11:54] | I’m so sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[11:56] | You’re kidding, right? | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[11:57] | You cannot really be enjoying that stupid show. | 你不会真的喜欢这种三俗剧吧 |
[11:59] | I was changing channels. | 我只不过是换台时停顿了一下 |
[12:01] | God. Why are you so mean lately? | 天呐 你最近怎么这么刻薄呢 |
[12:03] | Is something wrong with you? | 你遇到什么事了吗 |
[12:05] | Is it that obvious? | 有这么明显吗 |
[12:06] | Oh, my gosh. Come on. You can talk to me. | 天呐 快来 跟我说说 |
[12:11] | There’s this girl at school, and… | 我学校里有个女同学 她… |
[12:14] | She got pregnant. | 她怀孕了 |
[12:16] | No. | 不是吧 |
[12:16] | I know. I’ve been trying to help her, | 是啊 我一直试着帮她 |
[12:18] | But with all the pills she’s taking, she kinda lashes out. | 但由于药物作用 她听不进劝 |
[12:20] | Oh, honey, this is too much for you to take on alone. | 宝贝 你一人面对这样的事太不容易了 |
[12:22] | – Where are the parents? – They’re no help. | -她的家长呢 -他们帮不上忙 |
[12:24] | Dad’s all consumed with his plastic surgery business, | 她爸爸一心只顾着自己的整容生意 |
[12:27] | and her mom’s an ex-model who’s trying to launch a music career. | 妈妈以前是模特 正努力发展音乐事业 |
[12:29] | You’re describing the show I was just watching, right? | 这是我刚刚看的电视剧里的剧情吧 |
[12:31] | I’m just saying, mix in a book every now and then. | 我只是想说 时不时读点书吧 |
[12:33] | Mean! Mean! | 刻薄 刻薄鬼 |
[12:35] | Try to see this from my perspective. | 试着从我的角度看看 |
[12:37] | I can’t. | 我看不了 |
[12:39] | I’m not raising a quitter. | 我的儿子不能半途而废 |
[12:40] | Trust me. I know what’s best for you. | 相信我 我知道什么对你有好处 |
[12:43] | And watch your time. In the stage version, | 注意控制时间 舞台表演时 |
[12:44] | the rope’s on fire, and you’re suspended over a bed of nails. | 绳子会被点燃 而你会被悬在钉板上 |
[12:47] | I hate this! Why are you making me do this? | 我讨厌这把戏 你为什么逼我做这个 |
[12:49] | Use that anger, Lukini. | 化愤怒为力量 卢吉尼 |
[12:52] | Let it be the key that opens the vault of fear… | 将它变为打开恐惧之门的钥匙 |
[12:55] | that holds the chalice of hope | 那里面有希望之杯 |
[12:58] | that contains the elixir of success. | 杯里盛着成功的灵丹妙药 |
[13:01] | In a few short minutes… | 短短几分钟后… |
[13:05] | Son of Alkazeel! You’ve done it! | 我的神啊 你成功了 |
[13:08] | I quit. | 我不干了 |
[13:14] | So how was your first day? Tell me everything. | 第一天怎么样 快跟我说说 |
[13:16] | Well, you know, it was a lovefest. | 你懂的 我备受喜爱 |
[13:19] | And the kids– they were, you know, and… | 孩子们 他们 你知道吧… |
[13:22] | Is that a roast? | 那是烤肉吗 |
[13:23] | W–yes. Yes. But I’m surprised you could smell it over the | 是的 我很惊讶你居然可以闻出来 |
[13:26] | no-dairy yellow pepper bisque with cheesy croutons. | 毕竟有黄胡椒浓汤 配油煎干酪面包块的混合 |
[13:29] | Oh, wow. You had time to do a roast and soup. | 哇 你还能腾出时间烤肉又煲汤 |
[13:31] | – Hi, daddy! – Hi, angel! | -爹地好 -你好 我的天使 |
[13:33] | How are you? Did you miss daddy? | 你好吗 有没有想爸爸 |
[13:35] | Wow. Bathed and braided. | 哇 洗了澡还梳好了辫子 |
[13:37] | Yeah. Let me just put you in a more flattering light here. | 是啊 我来把灯光调得柔和些 |
[13:40] | The dimmer. | 调光器 |
[13:42] | Who’d you call? | 你叫谁来修的 |
[13:43] | I called myself ’cause I did it. | 我叫了我自己 我修的 |
[13:45] | Yeah, I had time after picking up Gio’s present, | 对 买完给吉奥的礼物后我还有些时间 |
[13:48] | so, uh… Go show daddy what it is. | 所以就…把礼物拿来给爸爸看看 |
[13:50] | – Okay. – Yeah. | -好 -乖 |
[13:51] | It sounds like you had a pretty successful day yourself. | 听起来你这一天过得充实又高效 |
[13:54] | Well, it’s just a matter of being organized. | 只是有条理些罢了 |
[13:56] | But who am I telling, huh? | 但我这是班门弄斧呀 |
[13:57] | You do this sort of stuff every day. | 你每天都是这么高效 |
[13:59] | Oh, blow on that. | 吹一下 |
[14:01] | So tell me more about the kids. | 再跟我说说孩子们的事吧 |
[14:03] | Well, it was as I predicted, you know. | 就和我想象的一样 |
[14:05] | They just needed somebody to come in there | 他们需要的是个 |
[14:06] | and bring music back to life. | 能让音乐恢复生机的老师 |
[14:08] | And, you know, that person was… | 而且 那个人就是… |
[14:11] | that person was… | 那个人就是… |
[14:13] | It’s not me! | 不是我 |
[14:15] | What’s happening? | 出什么事了 |
[14:15] | It was a disaster, Mitchell. | 糟糕透了 米奇尔 |
[14:17] | They hated me! | 他们讨厌我 |
[14:18] | Not just the kids, the teachers. | 不只是孩子们 老师们也是 |
[14:20] | They wouldn’t sit with me at lunch. | 午饭时他们都不和我一起坐 |
[14:21] | I had to sit alone. | 我只得自己一个人吃 |
[14:22] | Oh, honey. | 亲爱的不哭 |
[14:23] | And my sweater–the shop teacher spilled juice on it. | 还有我的运动衫 手工老师把橘汁洒上面了 |
[14:26] | He said it was an accident, but it wasn’t an accident. | 他说是不小心的 但我知道他是故意的 |
[14:28] | – It’s okay – It’s not okay! | -没关系的 -怎么会没关系 |
[14:30] | I failed miserably. | 我全搞砸了 |
[14:32] | And look at you. You did everything so perfectly. | 你看你 你把所有的事都做的井井有条 |
[14:34] | Well, yes. | 那倒是 |
[14:37] | And–and–and no. | 也不是 |
[14:38] | Look, look, I… I gotta tell ya. | 其实…实话跟你说吧 |
[14:42] | Uh… I’ve just been watching | 我一直用心观察 |
[14:43] | how you’ve done things all these years, | 多年来你做事情的方法 |
[14:44] | and I just perfected it. | 然后我稍加完善了一下 |
[14:46] | – Oh, please, Mitchell! – Claire… | -拜托 米奇尔 -克莱尔… |
[14:48] | Cam, he was every bit the failure you are. | 小卡 他跟你一样失败得一塌糊涂 |
[14:50] | He was late picking up Lily. She was in with the custodians. | 他没按时接莉莉 她只好被保育员看管 |
[14:53] | The only thing he had less to do with than dinner | 晚饭也不是他做的 更离谱的是 |
[14:55] | was the dimmer. | 调光器他压根就没碰 |
[14:56] | And her hair was in braids because there was gum in it. | 莉莉漂亮的小辫 是他用口香糖粘的 |
[15:01] | And… why are we hugging? | 另外…你们为什么抱抱 |
[15:01] | Because I know if he called you for help | 因为我知道如果他求你帮忙 |
[15:03] | and heard as many insults as I know he had to hear, | 一定忍受了许多讽刺和辱骂 |
[15:06] | then he had a worse day than me. | 那么他这天过得比我还糟 |
[15:07] | Oh, she was horrible, Cam. | 她好可怕 小卡 |
[15:10] | – You know what? It’s gonna get better. – No, I know. | -没事的 一切都会好的 -不 我知道 |
[15:11] | We just need some time to settle into these new roles. | 我们只是需要时间来适应我们的新角色 |
[15:13] | You were right to lower my expectations. | 你让我降低期望值真是太对了 |
[15:15] | I just wish I had lowered mine. | 应该降低期望值的是我 |
[15:18] | This gonna work its way around to a “Thank you,” Ladies? | 你们不打算跟我道个谢吗 女士们 |
[15:31] | Hey, honey. | 嘿 宝贝 |
[15:32] | Surprise! I’m in San Francisco! | 惊喜吧 我到旧金山了 |
[15:34] | What? | 什么 |
[15:34] | I dropped Manny at a friend’s and, I know it’s crazy, | 我把曼尼放朋友家了 我知道这很疯狂 |
[15:37] | but I hopped on a plane and I’m here! | 但我赶上了一班飞机就飞来啦 |
[15:39] | I’m driving to the hotel. | 现在正往酒店去 |
[15:40] | That is so great. | 那太棒了 |
[15:42] | The thing is, honey, I’m not here right now. | 可是宝贝 我现不在酒店里 |
[15:45] | See, I’m, uh, I’m out at dinner. | 我正在外面吃晚饭 |
[15:47] | Probably won’t be back for, um… | 暂时赶不回来 |
[15:50] | Oh, I don’t know. A couple of hours. | 可能得几个小时吧 |
[15:52] | It’s okay. I’ll wait for you there. | 没关系 人家等着你 |
[15:54] | Don’t be silly. How often do you get to san francisco? | 别傻了 多难得来一趟旧金山啊 |
[15:57] | There’s so much to see there. | 那里有很多地方可以参观 |
[15:59] | I mean, here. | 我是说”这里” |
[16:01] | Ghirardelli square? Fisherman’s wharf? | 吉拉德里广场 渔人码头 |
[16:03] | Alcatraz? Hey, take that segway tour. | 恶魔岛也不错 对了 去报个赛格威团吧 |
[16:05] | That’s a great way to see the city. | 可以饱览城市美景 |
[16:07] | And when you get the chowder, | 喝海鲜杂烩浓汤时 |
[16:08] | Make sure it one of those bread bowls. | 一定要用”面包碗” |
[16:10] | You can eat the bowl. | 喝完汤可以把碗吃了 |
[16:11] | Yeah, it’s a story you’ll tell for a lifetime. | 对了 你以后都可以拿这事儿当美谈了 |
[16:20] | You know what? Later on… | 话说 待会儿 |
[16:21] | Maybe we can watch some of your Lance Burton DVDs. | 我们可以看一些兰斯·伯顿的光碟 |
[16:23] | Thanks. I think I just wanna try this escape. | 谢谢 我就是想尝试一下逃脱术 |
[16:26] | Would you mind tightening my arms? | 能帮我把手臂这儿弄紧点吗 |
[16:28] | Oh. Sure. Here. | 当然 来 |
[16:30] | It’s just hard, you know? | 我心里挺不好受的 |
[16:32] | It’s the first time he hasn’t shared one of my interests. | 他这是第一次对我的爱好不感兴趣 |
[16:35] | It’s scary to think that this is the start of us growing apart. | 我们父子要是从此有隔阂了可怎么办 |
[16:38] | Oh, honey, it’s probably just a phase. | 亲爱的 没准这只是暂时的 |
[16:40] | Alex is going through something right now. | 倒是艾丽克斯最近有点儿不正常 |
[16:41] | I wish I could figure that out. | 我要是能搞明白她的问题就好了 |
[16:42] | – I can’t breathe. – Anxiety. | -我喘不过气了 -焦虑啊 |
[16:44] | No, no, I’m–I’m fighting the jacket. | 不不 我在努力挣脱枷锁衫 |
[16:46] | The key to this escape is balance. | 逃脱的关键就是要受力平衡 |
[16:48] | The whole thing is based on the idea of opposing forces. | 反作用力是整个逃脱术的突破点 |
[16:51] | Holding each other in check. | 控制两边的力量 |
[16:53] | That actually makes some sense. | 说得有点道理 |
[16:56] | Some sense? | 有”点”道理 |
[16:58] | There are two things I know with dead certainty– | 世上有两件事是我百分百确定的 |
[17:01] | How to shoulder roll out of a human pyramid, | 一是如何挣脱开叠罗汉 |
[17:03] | and the black arts of the Butler’s escape. | 二是破解”巴特勒逃脱术” |
[17:05] | No, honey, our house is out of balance, | 不 亲爱的 我们家失去平衡了 |
[17:07] | because Alex is missing her opposing force. | 因为艾丽克斯失去”反向作用力”了 |
[17:10] | Mm? Yeah. | 对吧 我好聪明 |
[17:12] | Oh. Y-you’re missing out. | 你错失了大好机会 |
[17:14] | Some people describe this escape as visual poetry. | 有人说此魔术是场视觉盛宴 |
[17:20] | Honey? | 亲爱的 |
[17:27] | oh, no. | 完了 |
[17:30] | Gloria. | 歌洛莉亚 |
[17:32] | You told me that you were in Frisco, | 你说你在西斯科 |
[17:34] | and you were here in a hotel? | 但却在酒店被我抓了个正着 |
[17:36] | Let me just say one thing. | 我就说一点 |
[17:37] | Don’t say “Frisco.” They hate that. | 别说”西斯科” 当地人不爱听 |
[17:39] | And how the hell did you find me? | 你怎么找到我的 |
[17:41] | The house has been a little noisy lately. | 家里最近有点小噪音 |
[17:42] | And the school library is a pickup scene. | 学校图书馆又像个勾搭妹子的炮点 |
[17:44] | So where does a kid go for some peace and quiet? | 一个渴望安静祥和的孩子能去哪儿呢 |
[17:57] | Tell me right now if you’re having an affair, | 告诉我你是不是有外遇了 |
[17:59] | and we will find some time later for me to kill you. | 待会儿我再找时间抽死你 |
[18:02] | No. I’m just trying to have one night away from your snoring. | 不是的 我只是想远离你的鼾声一晚 |
[18:06] | You came to a hotel to sleep? | 你来酒店开房是为了睡觉 |
[18:07] | I’m exhausted, and I didn’t want to hurt your feelings, | 我精疲力尽了 我不想说出来让你难过 |
[18:10] | but you’re huge and you’re loud. | 但你身躯庞大而且又吵 |
[18:12] | It’s like sleeping with Rush Limbaugh. | 我就好像和拉什·林博同床一样 |
[18:14] | And I didn’t want to bring it up because I figured | 我不想说这事 是因为我觉得 |
[18:16] | you’d get mad at me the way you got mad at Manny. | 你会像生曼尼的气那样 生我的气 |
[18:17] | I am not mad at you because you told me that I snore. | 我生气不是因为你说我打鼾 |
[18:20] | I am mad at you because you didn’t say anything. | 我生气是因为你什么也没说 |
[18:23] | ’cause I didn’t want to get yelled at. | 因为我不想被你骂 |
[18:24] | Well, too bad. | 太遗憾了 |
[18:25] | When you’re married to me, | 你娶了我 |
[18:27] | you’re going to get yelled at many times. | 就得准备好被骂个够 |
[18:30] | And you’re tough enough to take it. | 而且你坚强到完全可以接受 |
[18:32] | That’s what I love about our marriage. | 我就是喜欢咱们婚姻的这点 |
[18:34] | We can say whatever we want, | 我们可以畅所欲言 |
[18:36] | but the next day, we’re still there. | 但说完以后 谁也不会放在心中 |
[18:38] | That’s what I like about it, too. | 我也喜欢这点 |
[18:40] | What am I gonna say you couldn’t forgive me? | 看来我说什么你都能原谅我啊 |
[18:42] | There are things, Jay. | 也有不可原谅的 杰 |
[18:44] | You ready to go? | 可以走了吗 |
[18:45] | I was thinking, it’s such a shame | 我在想 开了房不用 |
[18:48] | that this hotel room is going to go to waste. | 实在是太可惜了 |
[18:50] | I like where this is headed. | 我喜欢这事的发展方向 |
[18:53] | Make Manny some pasta. I’ll see you tomorrow morning, okay? | 给曼尼做点意面 我们明早见了 |
[19:00] | Hey, dad. | 嘿 爸 |
[19:01] | Hey, buddy. | 嘿 小老弟 |
[19:03] | Look, I-I’m sorry if I– | 听我说 我很抱歉我… |
[19:06] | No no no, don’t apologize. | 别这样 不用道歉 |
[19:08] | There’s still plenty of stuff we can do together. | 我们可以一起做很多其他事 |
[19:10] | So if you want out, | 所以如果你想退出 |
[19:12] | you are… Out! | 你就退”出”吧 |
[19:17] | Uh, I know we bought a lot of magic stuff, | 我知道我们买了很多魔术用具 |
[19:19] | but we can return some of it– | 但是可以退回去一些 |
[19:21] | Merlin’s hat, the gloves, most of the capes. | 巫师帽 手套 大部分的披风 |
[19:25] | What about houdini’s wands? | 魔术大师手杖呢 |
[19:28] | They kinda got broken. | 弄断了 |
[19:29] | All three? What happened? | 三支全断了吗 怎么了 |
[19:30] | I got you carbon fiber. | 我买的是碳纤维材质的 |
[19:32] | Some kids were messing around with them at school. | 在学校有些同学拿来开玩笑 |
[19:34] | What do you mean? What–what were they doing? | 什么意思 他们做了什么 |
[19:37] | I don’t really want to talk about it. | 我真心不想说这事儿 |
[19:41] | You know, I went through that, | 这种事我也经历过 |
[19:44] | kids–kids messing with my stuff. | 同学们拿我的东西开玩笑 |
[19:46] | – Really? – Oh, yeah. In high school, | -真的吗 -对 高中时 |
[19:48] | When I first got nominated for junior tumbling congress, | 我第一次提名参加低年级翻筋斗大赛 |
[19:51] | my parents had to sign a… release! | 我父母要签同意书[释放] |
[19:57] | Anyway, my buddy dizzy Brindizzi | 总之 我哥们儿晕乎布雷迪 |
[20:00] | saw it, grabbed it, and made a lot of fun of me. | 看到了 抢过去 猛开我的玩笑 |
[20:04] | I thought about not going. | 我就想着不去了 |
[20:05] | But you did. | 但你去了 |
[20:06] | Oh, yeah. Had a blast. | 是啊 可爽了 |
[20:08] | Made a lot of friends, | 交了很多朋友 |
[20:10] | shared milkshakes with more than one female tumbler. | 与不止一位女筋斗运动员分享奶昔 |
[20:14] | The minute I stopped caring what other people thought | 我不再在乎其他人想法 |
[20:15] | and started doing what I wanted to do, is the minute | 开始做自己想做的事情那一刻 就是 |
[20:18] | I finally felt… Free! | 我终于感觉到”自由”的那一刻 |
[20:26] | Buddy… | 小老弟 |
[20:28] | You’re gonna make your own choices, | 你自己做决定吧 |
[20:31] | and whatever you decide, I’ll always support you. | 无论你的决定是什么 我永远会支持你 |
[20:34] | You’re not just saying all this ’cause you’re stuck, right? | 你说这些不是因为你脱不了身 有求于我吧 |
[20:36] | Nothing you decide will ever disappoint me. | 你做的任何决定都不会令我失望 |
[20:40] | Thanks, dad. | 多谢了 爸 |
[20:43] | Relax your arms, | 胳膊放松 |
[20:44] | roll your shoulders forward, | 肩膀朝前 |
[20:46] | bend down your head, | 低下头 |
[20:47] | exhale… | 呼气 |
[20:48] | And then arch. | 然后拱背 |
[20:53] | Uh… It sorta worked. | 还算管用 |
[21:03] | Well, honey, I just wanted to check in and say hi. | 宝贝 我只是想看看你问个好 |
[21:05] | Alex, come say hi to your sister! | 艾丽克斯 过来跟你姐打个招呼 |
[21:08] | I love you so much. | 我好爱你 |
[21:09] | What’s up, lady? | 咋滴了 小姐 |
[21:10] | Oh, my god. You did not just say, “What’s up, lady?” | 我的天 你怎么能说”咋滴了 小姐” |
[21:13] | What’s wrong with you? | 你什么毛病啊 |
[21:14] | I was just saying hello– | 我只是问好 |
[21:15] | Oh, it’s like the lamest thing you’ve ever said. | 那是你说过的最白痴的话 |
[21:17] | And what is that shirt? | 你这衣服算什么 |
[21:18] | What are you, a flapper? | 你是20年代的摩登女郎吗 |
[21:19] | I just bought it at that store that you– | 我买的那家店可是你… |
[21:20] | Oh, where? Forever 1921? | 哪家店 “永远的1921″吗 |
[21:22] | And what is going on with your hair? | 而且你头发是怎么回事 |
[21:24] | What’s wrong with my hair? | 我的头发又怎么了 |
[21:25] | Oh, you should just dip yourself in boy repellent. | 你干脆把自己在”驱男剂”里蘸蘸好了 |
[21:27] | Shut up! Mom! | 闭嘴 妈 |
[21:29] | And balance… | 平衡 |
[21:31] | is restored. | 恢复了 |