时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Oh, God! | 老天 |
[00:01] | It’s a little early, isn’t it? | 还有点早吧 不是吗 |
[00:03] | Go back to sleep. I don’t need you awake for this. | 继续睡吧 我不需要你醒着才能做 |
[00:05] | Honey, it’s Christmas Eve. | 亲爱的 今天是平安夜 |
[00:07] | Are you gonna spend all day on that thing? | 你要一整天都耗在那玩意儿上吗 |
[00:09] | I made a promise. | 我发过誓了 |
[00:11] | Yes! | 没错 |
[00:12] | Last Christmas, Phil got an elliptical machine | 去年圣诞节 菲尔买了一台椭圆健身机 |
[00:14] | and vowed to walk the equivalent | 还发誓要在一年内走完 |
[00:16] | of our house to Canada in one year. | 相当于从我们家到加拿大的公里数 |
[00:19] | This body doesn’t just happen, ladies. | 我这身材可不是说有就有的 女士们 |
[00:21] | If he didn’t make it, | 如果他做不到 |
[00:22] | no machine in the bedroom. | 卧室里不准再放任何机器 |
[00:24] | Except for this machine in the bedroom, ladies. | 除了我这台机器 女士们 |
[00:27] | Who are these ladies? | 这些女士们到底是谁 |
[00:29] | Oh, Phil, give it up. | 菲尔 放弃吧 |
[00:31] | Oh, you would love that, wouldn’t you? | 那你一定乐开花了吧 |
[00:34] | Just when I’m so close to the Canadian border, | 我就快到达加拿大边境了 |
[00:36] | I can smell the bacon | 都能闻到培根的香味 |
[00:37] | and the reasonably priced medications. | 还有定价合理的药品了 |
[00:39] | Mom, this came for you from nana. | 老妈 这是外婆寄给你的 |
[00:41] | I don’t know why she bothers to wrap it every year. | 不知道为什么她每年都要费劲包装一下 |
[00:43] | It’s always the same thing — slippers. | 内容永远不变啊 拖鞋 |
[00:45] | You never know. She might surprise you this year. | 谁知道呢 说不定她今年会给你个惊喜 |
[00:47] | Would you care to take a visit | 你有没有兴趣 |
[00:48] | to the museum of maternal indifference? | 逛逛冷漠母亲博物馆 |
[00:51] | Watch it! | 小心点 |
[00:53] | Oh, careful! | 小心 |
[00:55] | You guys are really moving her downstairs right now? | 非要现在就搬到楼下吗 |
[00:58] | Aren’t you gonna be late for work? | 上班不会迟到吗 |
[00:59] | They’re not gonna fire an elf on Christmas Eve. | 他们不会在圣诞前夕开除精灵的 |
[01:01] | Ugh, I thought this would be lighter without my shoes on it. | 我以为不放鞋子 这柜子能轻点呢 |
[01:04] | You know, once you set up your room, | 等你整理好房间 |
[01:05] | you could put books on this. | 可以放些书上去 |
[01:06] | Books…on a shoe shelf. | 鞋架上放书 |
[01:08] | Right. | 想什么呢 |
[01:09] | – You’re not gonna jump on that? – I’m just too happy! | -你不反驳一下吗 -我太开心了 |
[01:12] | After today, | 今天过后 |
[01:12] | there’ll be no more clothes thrown everywhere, | 我房间里就不会再有人到处乱扔衣服 |
[01:14] | no more hour-long phone calls | 不会有人打好几个小时的电话 |
[01:16] | where all she says is “No way.” | 全程只会说”不可能” |
[01:17] | I think it’s a little sad | 你们决定今天分开住 |
[01:19] | that you guys are doing this today. | 我觉得有点悲伤啊 |
[01:21] | I remember when you used to get | 我记得你们以前总是 |
[01:23] | into the same bed on Christmas Eve | 在平安夜睡同一张床 |
[01:25] | and talk about all the presents you were gonna get. | 然后一起聊你们将得到的礼物 |
[01:27] | It’s a perfect day for it! | 今天搬再合适不过了 |
[01:29] | When I wake up in my own room tomorrow, | 等我明天在我自己的房间醒来 |
[01:30] | I’m going to be giving thanks for my independence. | 我会感谢我获得独立 |
[01:34] | And isn’t that what Christmas is all about? | 那不正是圣诞节的意义所在吗 |
[01:37] | Seriously? Nothing? | 真的吗 什么都不说吗 |
[01:51] | This is your great-grandmother’s recipe. | 这是你的曾祖母的菜谱 |
[01:53] | If she could see you now… | 如果她现在能看到你 |
[01:55] | …she would die again, because you’re doing it wrong! | 她会立马又死掉的 因为你弄错了 |
[01:58] | My mother has been here all week. | 我母亲来这里一星期了 |
[02:00] | I love her very much, but you know what they say — | 我非常爱她 但你也知道常言说 |
[02:03] | house guests start to stink after three days, | 客人待三天就开始招人烦[发臭]了 |
[02:05] | like dead bodies. | 就跟尸体一样 |
[02:09] | What the hell is that? | 那是什么玩意儿 |
[02:10] | A fiber-optic tree. | 光纤圣诞树 |
[02:12] | It’s way better for the environment than a real one. | 这比用真正的树对环境有利 |
[02:14] | Not if the environment is my living room. | 但对我家客厅这个环境就不利 |
[02:16] | Look, I admit, it takes some getting used to, | 我承认 这得适应一段时间 |
[02:18] | but so did greek yogurt. | 但就像希腊酸奶一样 |
[02:19] | Now I can’t even remember how the old stuff tastes. | 我现在都记不清原来的酸奶是什么味道了 |
[02:21] | Why do we keep changing things that don’t need changing? | 人们为什么总是改变不需要改变的东西 |
[02:25] | Christmas is real trees and eggnog, | 过圣诞节就得有真正的圣诞树 蛋酒 |
[02:28] | Perry Como and bing on the hi-fi. | 佩里·科莫还有高保真音响突然的巨响 |
[02:30] | Now you’re just making up words. | 你这是在瞎掰 |
[02:32] | I’m drawing a line in the sand. | 我这是在表明立场 |
[02:33] | We’re gonna get a real tree, | 我们马上去找一棵真正的树 |
[02:34] | and we’re gonna cut it down like I did when I was a kid. | 然后像我小时候那样砍倒它 |
[02:36] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[02:37] | Hi, dad. | 老爸 |
[02:38] | Can’t talk. Saving Christmas. | 没空聊天 我在拯救圣诞节 |
[02:41] | Hi. Thank you again for coming. | 再次感谢你能来 |
[02:43] | No problem. I love babysitting! | 不客气 我超爱看孩子 |
[02:45] | Good! We’re going to run some quick errands. | 太好了 我们要去办点事儿 |
[02:47] | Wait, if you’re taking Joe — | 等等 如果你要带走乔 |
[02:48] | Hola, Claire! | 你好啊 克莱尔 |
[02:50] | Around 4:00, she gets fussy for her bottle. | 大概四点左右回来 她很挑剔她的水瓶 |
[02:55] | Lily, do you know why I’m able to relax | 莉莉 你知道今天我为什么能 |
[02:57] | and read this paper today? | 这么放松地看报纸吗 |
[02:58] | Because you don’t have a job? | 因为你没有工作吗 |
[03:00] | FYI, I am starting a new job in exactly t– | 告诉你 再过几天我就要开始新工 |
[03:03] | No. We’re not doing this again. | 算了 我不再重复了 |
[03:05] | It’s because I planned ahead. | 是因为我提前计划好了 |
[03:08] | I finished my Christmas shopping weeks ago. | 我几周前就完成了圣诞购物 |
[03:10] | It’s important to keep busy. | 保持紧张忙碌非常重要 |
[03:11] | I-it is perfectly normal to take some downti– | 偶尔休息一下非常正常 |
[03:14] | No. No! | 不 算了 |
[03:15] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:16] | I printed out the directions to Pepper’s party. | 我把胡娇的派对指南打印出来了 |
[03:18] | We’re calling it “The 12 Gays of Christmas” now. | 现在改名叫”十二圣诞基佬”了 |
[03:21] | Oh, just be thankful | 我们说服他没用 |
[03:22] | we talked him out of “Feliz Navidude.” | “快乐基男”已经要谢天谢地了 |
[03:24] | Okay, honey, finish your breakfast | 好了 亲爱的 快吃完早饭 |
[03:25] | so we can go help our fellow man! | 我们要去帮我们的同胞了 |
[03:27] | One hour at this charity event, max. | 这次慈善活动最多花一小时 |
[03:30] | I can’t eat. | 我吃不了了 |
[03:31] | I’m too excited to get my Puppy Pound. | 就要得到我的胖胖狗之家了 我好激动 |
[03:33] | I’m — I’m sorry. Your what? | 我 抱歉 你说你的什么 |
[03:35] | Puppy pounds have six puppies | 胖胖狗之家里有六只小狗 |
[03:36] | with online profiles. | 每只都有网络档案 |
[03:37] | Ask your parents before using the Internet. | 上网前要寻求家长同意 |
[03:40] | Honey, you never mentioned a-a-a puppy pound. | 亲爱的 你从没提过什么胖胖狗之家啊 |
[03:42] | – What is she talking about? – I-it’s not on your list. | -她在说什么 -礼物单上没有这个 |
[03:43] | Yes, it is. “Puppy Pound.” | 有啊 在这儿 “胖胖狗之家” |
[03:46] | Oh, no! She put a “P” backwards. | 不是吧 她把”P”写反了 |
[03:48] | And, honey, there’s a “u” in “Pound.” | 而且亲爱的 “Pound”里有字母”u” |
[03:50] | – This says “Guppy Pond”! – Guppy Pond! | -这写的是”古比鱼池” -古比鱼池 |
[03:53] | What is a Guppy Pond? | 什么是古比鱼池 |
[03:55] | It’s only the — the coolest gift ever! | 这是 有史以来最酷的礼物 |
[03:58] | I want a Puppy Pound. | 我要胖胖狗之家 |
[03:59] | Um, honey, it’s C– | 亲爱的 今天是圣 |
[04:02] | Okay. | 好了 |
[04:03] | I am not pointing fingers, | 我不是要指责谁 |
[04:04] | but our daughter had | 但我们女儿在清单上 |
[04:05] | exactly one thing on her list, | 明明白白列出了一样东西 |
[04:08] | and someone didn’t get it, | 但某人却没有买到 |
[04:10] | so someone needs to go to the mall. | 所以某人现在得去商场 |
[04:12] | You’re pointing fingers. | 你在”指”责我 |
[04:13] | No. It’s still a “1.” | 不 这还是个”1″ |
[04:14] | It just fell asleep on the job. | 只不过它偷懒睡着了 |
[04:18] | Ellipticaler’s log, 12/24. | 健身日志 12月24日 |
[04:21] | 10 miles from Canadian border. | 距离加拿大边界还有10英里 |
[04:23] | Spirits — high. Stamina — strong. | 情绪高涨 精力充沛 |
[04:26] | Must get another application of thigh lube. | 必须再来一剂大腿润滑油 |
[04:29] | Oh, good. Luke. | 很好 卢克 |
[04:30] | Dad, I was with you on the tightrope. | 爸爸 走钢丝时我支持你 |
[04:32] | I was your wing man in the wing-eating competition. | 吃鸡翅比赛时 我是你的搭档 |
[04:35] | But I’m not feeling this one. | 但这次我不愿意陪着你 |
[04:36] | You’re missing Christmas Eve. | 你要错过平安夜了 |
[04:37] | There’s something more important than Christmas, son — pride. | 自尊心比圣诞节更重要 儿子 |
[04:41] | If I don’t make it to Canada, | 如果我没到达加拿大 |
[04:42] | your mom wins, and this baby | 你妈妈获胜了 这宝贝 |
[04:43] | ends up in the garage first thing in the morning. | 明天一早就会被丢进车库里 |
[04:45] | Our garage? | 我们家车库吗 |
[04:47] | I’m in charge of the recycling. | 我负责回收垃圾 |
[04:48] | I’m supposed to bring it from the garage to the curb | 我该在周四早晨六点从车库拿出垃圾 |
[04:50] | by 6:00 A.M. Thursday morning. | 放在马路边 |
[04:52] | I may have missed a few weeks. | 我也许错过了几周 |
[04:57] | Shoot! | 该死 |
[05:00] | Maybe more than a few weeks. | 也许不止几周 |
[05:03] | After a while, the pile just got so big, | 过了一阵子 垃圾堆越来越大 |
[05:04] | I couldn’t bring it out the night before | 我不能在前一晚把垃圾都搬出去 |
[05:06] | or people would ask questions. | 不然人们会问问题的 |
[05:08] | I don’t need people asking questions. | 我可不需要人们问问题 |
[05:10] | Then you’re right! You’ve got to finish! | 你说得对 你得完成 |
[05:12] | You’ll never use this thing in the garage! It’s too drafty! | 你在车库里可用不上这个 那里风太大 |
[05:14] | That’s why I’m going to Canada, buddy — | 所以我才要去加拿大啊 儿子 |
[05:16] | to avoid the draft! | 躲开大风 |
[05:18] | No. | 不行 |
[05:23] | Bang. | 找到了 |
[05:25] | I know we’ve been hiking for an hour, but… | 我知道我们已经走了一小时了 但是 |
[05:27] | worth it when you look at this beauty, huh? | 这棵树多美啊 真是太值得了 对吧 |
[05:30] | That’s why you don’t cut down the first tree you see. | 所以不要砍伐你看到的第一棵树 |
[05:32] | This is literally the first tree we saw. | 这就是我们看到的第一棵树 |
[05:34] | There’s our car. | 我们的车就停在那里 |
[05:35] | No, we started that way. | 不 我们是从那边开始的 |
[05:37] | So, you’re arguing | 所以你的意思是 |
[05:37] | that we walked entirely around the earth? | 我们围着地球绕了一圈吗 |
[05:39] | Give me the ax. | 把斧子给我 |
[05:48] | Don’t give me that look. | 别那样看着我 |
[05:49] | Trees are like women. | 树就像女人一样 |
[05:50] | The best ones make you work a little bit harder. | 你得多费功夫 才能得到最好的 |
[05:59] | She’s just not that into you. | 她只是没那么喜欢你 |
[06:01] | – I know! – Sorry it too long! | -就是啊 -抱歉花了这么长时间 |
[06:03] | Oh, it’s fine. | 没事啦 |
[06:04] | Claire and I were having a nice time catching up. | 克莱尔和我聊得很开心 |
[06:08] | I am really sorry that I am late. | 真抱歉我迟到了 |
[06:10] | No, you’re not. | 你才不抱歉 |
[06:11] | No, I’m not. | 的确如此 |
[06:12] | Mm-hmm. It’s fine. | 没关系啦 |
[06:13] | Just hope I didn’t talk Pilar’s ear off! | 希望我这个话唠没烦到皮娜 |
[06:15] | No! | 没有啦 |
[06:16] | I love hearing about your family | 我喜欢听你聊你的家人 |
[06:19] | and your big, new job! | 和你重大新工作的事 |
[06:21] | Oh, well, it’s — it’s not such a big job. | 这工作不算重大啦 |
[06:23] | I mean, I’m really just working for my dad. | 我只是在为我老爸工作而已 |
[06:25] | But you’re working hard. | 但你有努力工作啊 |
[06:26] | I’m proud of you. | 我为你感到骄傲 |
[06:27] | – How do they look? – Ooh! Perfect! | -看起来怎么样 -完美 |
[06:30] | – Yes. – You are a wonderful student. | -太棒了 -你是超棒的学生 |
[06:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:33] | My grandmother taught my mother. | 这是我祖母教给我妈妈的 |
[06:35] | My mother taught me. | 我妈妈又教给了我 |
[06:36] | And now, I teach Claire. | 现在我教给了克莱尔 |
[06:39] | And don’t be so modest. | 别谦虚啦 |
[06:40] | I respect a woman who can raise a family | 我尊重那种能养育家庭 |
[06:43] | and have a full-time job. | 同时又有全职工作的女人 |
[06:44] | Can you believe that on Fridays, | 你能相信吗 在周五 |
[06:46] | they don’t even have to dress up? | 她们都没必要盛装打扮 |
[06:48] | Taste. Taste. Taste. | 尝尝 尝尝 |
[06:49] | Sometimes, they even wear sweatpants. | 有时她们甚至穿运动裤哦 |
[06:51] | Would you like to lick the batter? | 你想舔一舔面糊吗 |
[06:53] | Yes! Oh, yes! | 超想 |
[06:55] | – Me, too! – No, no, no! | -我也想 -不行 |
[06:56] | Helpers only. | 帮忙的人才能吃到 |
[06:59] | I don’t make the rules. | 规矩不是我定的 |
[07:02] | Oh, Lily, what a beautiful ornament! | 莉莉 装饰品真漂亮 |
[07:05] | That’s gonna make a little kid very happy. | 这会让一个小朋友很开心的 |
[07:07] | Wait. I don’t get to keep this? | 等等 我不能留着吗 |
[07:08] | Why am I killing myself? | 为什么我还做得这么费力 |
[07:10] | Okay, kids! | 好了 孩子们 |
[07:12] | We’ve got a visitor from the North Pole, | 北极有人来探望我们了 |
[07:13] | and he brought presents! | 而且他带了礼物哦 |
[07:18] | Hey! Hey. How’s it going? | 喂 怎么样 |
[07:19] | There are no Puppy Pounds anywhere. | 到处都买不到胖胖狗之家 |
[07:20] | It’s like trying to find a Cabbage Patch Kid | 简直就像在1983年的平安夜努力寻找 |
[07:22] | on Christmas Eve 1983. | 椰菜娃娃一样 |
[07:24] | Still hurts, huh? | 还无法释怀呐 |
[07:25] | I had her bed all made. | 我把她的床都铺好了 |
[07:27] | Okay. Well, Lily is gonna be devastated. | 好吧 莉莉会难过死的 |
[07:29] | Call around. Get us on some lists. | 打电话问问 把我们排上预订名单 |
[07:30] | You have to do something! | 你得做些什么 |
[07:31] | I’ll figure it out. | 我会想办法的 |
[07:33] | How’s the fundraiser? | 募捐会怎么样 |
[07:34] | Oh, well, I’m managing, you know. | 我在设法对付 |
[07:36] | Oh, bring the checkbook. | 把支票本拿来 |
[07:37] | You can always tell when they’re gearing up for the big ask — | 能看出他们准备提出重大请求的样子 |
[07:39] | Fill you full of freebies. | 给了很多免费赠品 |
[07:41] | Oh, hey, I gotta go. Got to help somebody. | 我得挂了 得去帮帮别人 |
[07:45] | Hi! Classic. | 你好 经典小丑 |
[07:46] | Flawlessly executed. | 扔得真完美 |
[07:47] | If I had one… | 如果我有一个… |
[07:48] | Just trying to bring a smile to you folks. | 只想让你们能笑逐颜开 |
[07:49] | – You’re gonna get through this. – Get through what? | -你会度过这一切的 -度过什么 |
[07:51] | Don’t be embarrassed. | 别不好意思 |
[07:52] | Everyone here is in the same boat. | 我们都处境相同 |
[07:55] | We are? | 是吗 |
[07:55] | Best thing about the hot chocolate — | 热可可最妙的一点 |
[07:57] | they let us keep the mug. | 喝完后杯子也归我们 |
[08:06] | I thought it was a charity event for the needy. | 我以为这是为有需要的人募捐的慈善活动 |
[08:08] | Turns out, it was a charity event for the needy! | 结果来参加活动的全是那些有需要的人 |
[08:12] | Look! Santa gave me a puppy pound! | 瞧 圣诞老人给了我一个胖胖狗之家 |
[08:13] | What? No. | 什么 不 |
[08:14] | I’m finally happy! | 我终于开心啦 |
[08:16] | I’d like a picture for the newsletter. | 我需要给新闻报道拍张照片 |
[08:18] | Oh. You can show your mommy. | 你可以给你妈妈看看 |
[08:19] | I don’t have a mommy. | 我没有妈妈 |
[08:21] | This is why I do this. | 所以我才办这活动 |
[08:26] | That cramp could be a heart attack. | 也许不是抽筋 可能要犯心脏病 |
[08:27] | Here’s some advice I’ve been holding back on. | 我要给你留下一些建议 |
[08:29] | Always shave with the grain. | 刮胡子的时候要顺着皮肤纹理刮 |
[08:31] | No reputable talent agent | 真正有本事的地产中介 |
[08:32] | will ever ask for money up-front. | 是不会一开始就谈钱的 |
[08:34] | Dad, you’re fine. | 爸 你没事的 |
[08:35] | I really want to quit, Luke! | 卢克 我好想放弃啊 |
[08:36] | No, you’re gonna make it! | 不 你可以的 |
[08:37] | He was never gonna make it. | 他根本不可能做到的 |
[08:39] | I just needed to buy some time. | 我只是要拖延时间 |
[08:42] | That’s a lot of product you’re moving. | 你要搬的东西真够多的 |
[08:43] | Just bring it to a recycling place. | 带到垃圾回收场就行了 |
[08:45] | Not until I get paid. | 给了钱我才办事 |
[08:47] | Just so you know, this is six weeks’ allowance. | 这可是人家六个星期的补贴呢 |
[08:50] | Oh, you have the coolest parents ever. | 你家长真是酷毙了 |
[08:53] | I want to know when you’re about to leave, | 我得知道你什么时候出发 |
[08:55] | so give me a honk. | 按一下喇叭通知我 |
[08:56] | – Honk! – From your car. | -嘀嘀 -按汽车的喇叭 |
[08:59] | The best business card is a firm handshake. | 最好的名片就是有力的握手 |
[09:02] | The best pick-up line is a tight pair of dockers. | 最好的搭讪诀窍是穿紧身工作裤 |
[09:06] | The best dockers are — | 最好的工作裤是… |
[09:06] | Dad, save your breath! You’re in the last five miles. | 爸爸 别说了 还有最后五英里了 |
[09:09] | – I’m never gonna make it! – Of course you are! | -我永远也跑不完了 -你当然能 |
[09:11] | Then again, do what you want. I got stuff to do. | 不过你爱怎么办怎么办吧 我还有事 |
[09:13] | – I’m gonna quit. – Cool. | -我要放弃了 -好吧 |
[09:15] | What’s one more failure? | 再失败一次又怎么样呢 |
[09:18] | You ever wonder why we take such a crazy route to school? | 你想过我们为什么要绕那么远去学校吗 |
[09:22] | So I don’t have to drive by certain places — | 因为那样我就不用路过某些地方了 |
[09:25] | The flute teacher’s house I went to once… | 那个我只去过一次的长笛老师家 |
[09:28] | The French cooking academy I quit after learning | 那个我只学了五大基本酱料中的两种 |
[09:30] | only two of the five mother sauces… | 就退出了的法餐烹饪学校 |
[09:32] | The hot yoga studio I left after “Happy baby.” | 那个只学了一个动作就放弃了的瑜伽教室 |
[09:36] | I guess there’s no avoiding | 看来是怎么也躲不过 |
[09:37] | this big failure sitting in my garage. | 车库里这个巨大的失败了 |
[09:41] | Get up. | 起来 |
[09:43] | I appreciate it, buddy, but — | 谢谢你 伙计 不过… |
[09:44] | Get up. | 快起来 |
[09:46] | I don’t know anything about flutes | 我不会你说的长笛 |
[09:48] | or cooking or happy babies… | 或者烹饪或者瑜伽… |
[09:51] | But I’m damn sure getting my dad to Canada. | 但我拼了老命也要让你去加拿大 |
[09:54] | Now, mount that beast. | 加油跑到终点吧 |
[09:56] | Thank you, son. | 谢谢你 儿子 |
[09:58] | You can thank me after you cross the finish line | 等你跑过终点开始庆祝的时候 |
[10:00] | and the celebration begins. | 再谢我 |
[10:01] | Just picture that. | 想象一下吧 |
[10:04] | I’m picturing it! | 我能想象到 |
[10:07] | I’m picturing it! | 我能想象到 |
[10:08] | I’m really picturing it! | 我真的能想象到 |
[10:12] | Thanks, Santa. | 谢谢你 圣诞老人 |
[10:13] | Yeah. You got it. | 好 没事 |
[10:14] | Don’t forget a candy cane from Mrs. Claus! | 别忘了圣诞夫人给你的糖果棒 |
[10:16] | Oh! I got to take a break. | 我得休息会儿 |
[10:18] | – What? – What? What? | -什么 -搞什么 |
[10:21] | Um…it’s okay! | 没关系 |
[10:23] | Does anybody want to take a picture with me? | 谁想和我照张相呀 |
[10:24] | – I’ll do it. – Oh, maybe just the kids. | -我想 -我是说孩子们 |
[10:29] | – What was that? – What was what? | -刚才怎么回事 -什么怎么回事 |
[10:30] | Santa doesn’t take breaks. | 圣诞老人不能休息 |
[10:32] | He visits the North Pole! | 他要去北极的 |
[10:34] | And why do you leave your things all over? | 而且你怎么把这里弄得乱七八糟的 |
[10:36] | Who do you think cleans this place up? | 最后是我要打扫这里好吗 |
[10:37] | Oh, you are such a nag! | 你怎么像祥林嫂似的 |
[10:39] | Can’t we at least | 我们连在过节的时候 |
[10:40] | act like a happy couple during the holidays? | 假装是幸福的一对都不行吗 |
[10:42] | For the children! | 为了孩子们 |
[10:44] | Another hot chocolate? | 你还喝热巧克力 |
[10:46] | How many more of those are you going to drink? | 你还想喝多少杯啊 |
[10:47] | At least it’s warm, unlike you! | 至少它是暖的 不像你 |
[10:49] | He travels a lot. | 圣诞老人常在外出差 |
[10:51] | She’s put on cookie weight. | 圣诞夫人吃曲奇吃胖了 |
[10:52] | It’s hard. | 日子不好过 |
[10:55] | Yes, you can put me on | 没问题 你可以把我放在 |
[10:56] | the “Last-minute shoppers” waiting list. | “亡羊补牢礼物购买者”的名单上 |
[10:57] | – Unbelievable. – Oh! Well, there he is! | -真行 -你也在这里啊 |
[10:59] | H-hey, Jotham! | 乔森 |
[11:00] | Oh, looks like someone did | 看来你也是 |
[11:01] | a little last-minute Christmas shopping. | 临到圣诞才想起要买礼物 |
[11:03] | That Zaniel’s a lucky guy. | 那个赞尼尔真是幸运啊 |
[11:04] | Yes, he is. | 他的确很幸运 |
[11:06] | But these are for Pepper’s party. | 但这些是要带去胡娇的派对的 |
[11:07] | His invitation said, “No gifts, please.” | 他的请柬上不是说了不要带礼物吗 |
[11:09] | Mm, say that again… | 重复一遍那句话 |
[11:10] | as Pepper. | 用胡娇的语气 |
[11:11] | No gifts? | 没带礼物吗 |
[11:13] | Please. | 想不想活了 |
[11:14] | 5 o’clock, Christmas Eve, | 现在是平安夜的下午五点 |
[11:15] | and I have to find a dozen perfect presents | 我还得去买最完美的礼物 |
[11:18] | for the world’s snarkiest, cattiest men… | 给世界上最挑剔最尖刻的人们 |
[11:21] | My dear, dear friends. | 我亲爱的朋友们 |
[11:23] | Pull! Pull! Pull! | 拉 拉 再拉 |
[11:25] | Yeah. Hey, take a break. | 好了 休息会儿吧 |
[11:26] | – This is taking forever. – It’s supposed to. | -这也太费时了 -本来就是 |
[11:29] | Took my dad and I all day to get a tree. | 原来我和我爸要花一整天弄倒一棵树 |
[11:31] | And when he finally brought her down, | 当终于把树砍下来的时候 |
[11:33] | he used to celebrate with a cigar. | 他会抽根雪茄来庆祝 |
[11:36] | I was just a kid, so I’d have a cigarette. | 我那时还是个孩子 所以就抽根香烟 |
[11:39] | All right. Grab the other end. | 好了 抓住另一边 |
[11:42] | There we go. | 这就对了 |
[11:43] | Now we got a groove. | 这就进入状态了吧 |
[11:44] | Yeah. There we — | 好了 这就可以… |
[11:46] | It won’t budge! | 它就是不断 |
[11:48] | The hell is this wood made of? | 这木头是他妈什么做的啊 |
[11:49] | They ought to make saws out of it! | 都能拿来做锯了好吗 |
[11:50] | Let’s face it. The tree’s beaten us. | 面对现实吧 这棵树把我们打败了 |
[11:52] | Hey, we’re Pritchetts. We don’t quit. | 我们普里契特家的人是不会半途而废的 |
[11:54] | Besides, all my tools are stuck in it. | 再说了 我的工具都卡在里面 |
[11:57] | I got it. | 我知道该怎么办了 |
[12:00] | It’s simple physics. | 非常简单的原理 |
[12:02] | A little pressure, | 给这棵树施点压 |
[12:02] | the thing will snap where we put the blade in. | 它就会在我们砍的地方断掉 |
[12:05] | – Done. – Just hit the gas. | -这不就完事了 -赶紧的吧 |
[12:07] | It’s working. | 凑效了吧 |
[12:08] | That’s why they call it yankee engine– | 这才叫北方汉子做的发动机 |
[12:10] | Get down! | 小心 |
[12:13] | It’s bald on one side now! | 半棵树都秃了 |
[12:14] | It’ll be fine! | 没事的 |
[12:16] | We’ll just comb over some branches! | 两边匀一匀就好了 |
[12:21] | Oh, Claire, I thought that you had left. | 克莱尔 我以为你走了呢 |
[12:22] | She was going to, | 她本来是要走了 |
[12:23] | But I wanted to show her how much better she looks | 但我想让她看看没有这些头发挡着 |
[12:25] | without this hair blocking her pretty face. | 她的脸 她有多美丽动人 |
[12:27] | She does have beautiful hair, though. | 她头发确实很美 |
[12:30] | I see. | 我知道 |
[12:33] | What did she say? | 她说什么 |
[12:34] | That you picked a good color… | 说你碰巧赶上一个好发色 |
[12:36] | At least, I think that’s what she said | 反正我觉得她是这个意思 |
[12:37] | with that American accent. | 她美国口音太重 |
[12:39] | You don’t have to entertain her. | 你不用哄她高兴 |
[12:41] | After all, she’s my mother. | 毕竟她是我妈 |
[12:43] | Ah, these used to be Glorita’s favorite! | 这是歌洛莉亚以前最爱吃的 |
[12:47] | She used to do headstands to get extra cookies. | 她以前为了能多吃点常做手头倒立 |
[12:50] | At least, she’d try. | 至少会努力去做 |
[12:52] | Yeah, but it’s not easy! | 是的 真的不容易做到 |
[12:54] | I mean, it’s hard enough to keep all this right-side up! | 我站着的时候要保持她们坚挺都很不容易 |
[12:57] | Imagine when I had to put it all right-side down! | 你可以想象倒过来会有多难 |
[12:59] | – It was… – Oh, my gosh. | -那太… -天呐 |
[13:00] | I can’t believe I can still do it! | 真不敢相信我还能做到 |
[13:01] | Look at that. | 看呐 |
[13:02] | Oh, wow. Look at Claire, Gloria! | 看看克莱尔 歌洛莉亚 |
[13:05] | Very good! Two cookies for you! | 真棒 给你两块小点心 |
[13:07] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[13:08] | Uh, yeah, but she needs a pedicure. | 是啊 可她需要修修脚 |
[13:10] | Look at that. | 看呐 |
[13:11] | You knocked me down! | 你把我弄倒了 |
[13:13] | – I did not. – Yes, you did, too! | -我没有 -有 你弄的 |
[13:16] | Girls! Girls! Girls! No need to fight. | 姑娘们 姑娘们 别吵了 |
[13:20] | I don’t have a favorite. | 我没有偏爱你们哪一个 |
[13:22] | Why the hell not?! | 为什么没有 |
[13:26] | I am very disappointed in both of you. | 我对你俩非常失望 |
[13:30] | Family members should treat each other | 家庭成员应该用爱和尊重 |
[13:32] | with love and respect. | 来对待彼此 |
[13:33] | Except that Claire is not part of our family. | 但克莱尔不是我们家的人 |
[13:36] | – Cierra la boca! – No. No, no. | -闭嘴 -不不 |
[13:38] | She’s right– unless that’s what you just said. | 她说的对 除非你刚才说的就是这个 |
[13:39] | I can’t tell, ’cause I-I only took French, | 我听不懂 因为我只学了法语 |
[13:41] | And je parle un peu. | 能讲一点点 |
[13:42] | Oh, you have a beautiful accent. | 你的语调很美啊 |
[13:44] | Really? Do you think so? | 真的吗 你这么觉得吗 |
[13:45] | – Ay-ya! Por favor? – I’m sorry. | -拜托 -抱歉 |
[13:47] | I… | 我 |
[13:50] | I-I’m jealous. | 我很嫉妒 |
[13:53] | Ay, Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[13:54] | But you’re beautiful, too, in your own way. | 你也很美 个性的美 |
[13:58] | No. I’m not jealous of you. | 不 我不是嫉妒你 |
[14:01] | I am jealous of how your mother | 我嫉妒你妈妈 |
[14:02] | comes all the way to see you from Colombia, | 大老远从哥伦比亚来看你 |
[14:04] | When my own mother won’t even get on a bus | 可我妈甚至都不愿意从她住的 |
[14:06] | from the Almond co-op she lives on three hours away. | 阿尔蒙公寓坐车过来 只有三小时路程 |
[14:08] | She sends presents, no? | 她会寄礼物来的 没有吗 |
[14:10] | Yeah. It’s the same thing every year. | 有寄 但每年都一样 |
[14:12] | It’s always slippers. | 永远是拖鞋 |
[14:13] | I am sorry. | 我为你感到难过 |
[14:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:15] | But I shouldn’t take it out on you | 但我不该因为我妈妈不好 |
[14:16] | just ’cause I have a lousy mom. | 就把气撒在你头上 |
[14:18] | Don’t disrespect your mother! | 不许不尊重你妈妈 |
[14:20] | – Is she always like this? – Yes. | -她总这样吗 -是的 |
[14:22] | Did you– did you ever think maybe there’s a reason | 你就没想过也许她寄给你那样礼物 |
[14:25] | she sends you that gift? | 是有原因的 |
[14:27] | Yeah, ’cause she found something | 想过 因为她在我8岁时 |
[14:28] | when I was 8 years old that I actually liked, | 发现了我很喜欢的礼物 |
[14:30] | and she hasn’t thought about it since. | 她从此就再也没花心思想过这问题 |
[14:32] | Well, maybe she thinks about it a lot. | 也许她想了很多 |
[14:35] | Maybe she remembers a time when she made you happy, | 她可能记得她让你开心的那个时刻 |
[14:39] | and she wants to go back there. | 她想回到过去 |
[14:42] | Well, now I feel terrible. | 现在我很难受 |
[14:44] | The only thing I sent her was an e-card. | 我只寄给她一张电子贺卡 |
[14:47] | We don’t like to admit it… | 我们都不愿意承认 |
[14:50] | But mothers never get over | 可妈妈们永远不会忘记 |
[14:52] | the day their daughters leave them. | 女儿们离开她们的那天 |
[14:56] | We never stop needing our little girls. | 我们从未停止对自己的女儿的依赖 |
[15:00] | I will never stop needing you, mama. | 我也从未停止对你的依赖 妈妈 |
[15:11] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[15:12] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[15:14] | Excuse me, elf, | 不好意思 精灵 |
[15:15] | it’s been 45 minutes. | 已经过去45分钟了 |
[15:16] | Where’s Santa? | 圣诞老人去哪了 |
[15:17] | I don’t know! | 我不知道 |
[15:18] | Maybe he’s a little busy making presents | 他可能忙着为世界上所有的孩子 |
[15:20] | for every child in the world. | 做礼物呢 |
[15:23] | One second! | 等一下 |
[15:27] | Where is he? | 他人呢 |
[15:28] | He said he was going out for a pack of candy canes. | 他说他要出去买一包糖果棒 |
[15:31] | You mean like those? | 你是指那玩意吗 |
[15:33] | Okay. Wake up! He is not coming back! | 好了 醒醒 他不会回来了 |
[15:38] | We need to change into our regular clothes | 我们需要换回便装 |
[15:40] | and sneak out. | 溜出去 |
[15:41] | Who am I kidding? | 我想什么呢 |
[15:41] | My eyes are unforgettable. | 我的双眼是让人过目难忘的 |
[15:43] | I couldn’t even hold on to a fake husband. | 我连个假丈夫都留不住 |
[15:45] | I always thought you were the tough one to live with, | 我总认为你是难相处的人 |
[15:47] | but maybe I am. | 可或许我才是 |
[15:48] | Okay, they’ve breached the jelly bean moat. This is a problem. | 他们已经冲破了糖果围栏 问题大了 |
[15:50] | It’s a big problem. All this time, I’ve been waiting | 这是个大问题 我一直在等一个 |
[15:52] | for a guy to see the true me, | 能了解我的人 |
[15:53] | and now I’m scared he will. | 可现在我却害怕被他看透 |
[15:54] | Oh, my god! They’ve got Blitzen! | 天呐 他们打倒布利岑了 |
[15:56] | What’s going to happen to me? | 我会怎么样 |
[15:57] | Am I just going to nitpick everyone until they leave me? | 我会一直挑剔别人直到人家离开我吗 |
[15:59] | – Hey, mom found somebody! – That’s true. | -妈妈都找到对象了 -这倒是 |
[16:02] | Okay, listen. | 好了 听着 |
[16:03] | We really need to get out of here. | 我们真的得离开这里 |
[16:05] | But I just want to let you know | 我只想让你知道 |
[16:06] | that you weren’t all bad to live with. | 你不是那么难相处 |
[16:08] | I thought– | 我觉得 |
[16:09] | Oh, my god! | 天呐 |
[16:10] | Oh, my god! | 天呐 |
[16:13] | Where’s santa?! | 圣诞老人呢 |
[16:16] | Only 100 more yards. | 只剩下一百码了 |
[16:18] | You’re just about there! | 你就要完成了 |
[16:19] | Can you see it? | 看到了吗 |
[16:21] | It’s so beautiful. It’s so green. | 未来真美好 满眼绿色 |
[16:24] | And, wow, those are high up there. | 而且 好高啊 |
[16:26] | The mountains? | 山脉吗 |
[16:26] | No, my shorts again. | 不是 还是我的短裤 |
[16:27] | Would you mind giving them one last tug? | 介意最后再拉它一下吗 |
[16:29] | You’re crossing the border. | 你穿过边境了[越界] |
[16:30] | Yeah, I know, and I feel bad asking, | 我知道 我也不好意思问出口 |
[16:31] | But I’m tasting cotton. | 可我感觉到了扣子 |
[16:33] | No! You did it! You’re in Canada! | 不是 你做到了 你到加拿大了 |
[16:35] | Wait. What? | 等等 什么 |
[16:38] | I did it? I did it! | 我做到了 我做到了 |
[16:40] | I did it! I did it! | 我做到了 我做到了 |
[16:43] | Let’s go tell mom! | 我们快去告诉妈妈 |
[16:46] | Wait. | 等等 |
[16:47] | How did I used to walk? | 我以前是怎么走路的 |
[16:49] | All right. Come on, sweetie. | 好了 宝贝儿 快来 |
[16:51] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[16:55] | Uh, we’re serving Christmas dinner. | 我们提供圣诞晚餐 |
[16:57] | Uh, no. That’s fine. | 不 没关系 |
[16:58] | We have to actually get going, so… | 我们必须得走了 所以 |
[16:59] | But I haven’t eaten today. | 可我今天还没吃过东西呢 |
[17:01] | Oh, you poor thing! | 可怜的小家伙 |
[17:01] | No, she’s fine. She’s fine. | 她没关系的 没事 |
[17:04] | Oh, there he is. | 他来了 |
[17:05] | Honey, where did you get this coat? | 亲爱的 你这外套在哪拿的 |
[17:06] | Sorry, kids. | 不好意思 孩子们 |
[17:08] | It looks like we’ve run out of coats and toys. | 外套和玩具好像发完了 |
[17:12] | That’s okay, mom. At least I got to see presents. | 没关系 妈妈 至少我看到礼物了 |
[17:15] | Okay. Come on. Let’s go. | 好了 快过来 我们走 |
[17:16] | Hey! How are my do-gooders? | 我的好心人们今天过得怎么样 |
[17:18] | Did you have fun? | 玩得开心吗 |
[17:19] | Yep. Talk about it in the car. | 还行 上车再说 |
[17:20] | Oh, my gosh. | 我的天啊 |
[17:22] | What are these? | 这些是什么 |
[17:23] | Yeah, I went a little crazy, huh? | 是啊 我是不是有点太疯狂了 |
[17:25] | No! No, no! It’s a Christmas miracle! | 不 不 这是个圣诞节奇迹 |
[17:27] | Kids! Kids! Who wants presents? | 孩子们 孩子们 谁想要礼物 |
[17:29] | Cam, what are you doing? | 小卡 你在做什么 |
[17:30] | No, trust me. Lily has enough. | 不 相信我 莉莉的礼物足够了 |
[17:32] | – Cam, Cam. – Everybody, Merry Christmas! | -小卡 小卡 -大家圣诞快乐 |
[17:36] | Oh! Not that one. | 那个不可以 |
[17:37] | Feliz navidad! | 圣诞快乐 |
[17:39] | Okay, but those aren’t for Lily. | 好吧 可是那些不是给莉莉的 |
[17:41] | “His-and-his shower clogs?” | “他与他的沐浴拖鞋” |
[17:43] | They’re for Pepper’s party. | 这些是要带去胡娇的派对的 |
[17:44] | He said, “No gifts, please.” | 他说过不用带礼物的 |
[17:45] | Imagine how Pepper would say that. | 想象一下胡娇说那句话的语气 |
[17:47] | What’s a Himalayan salt plate? | “喜马拉雅盐盘”是什么东西 |
[17:49] | You can season your food while you serve it. Yeah. | 你可以一边上菜一边调味 |
[17:51] | Body-fat scale? | 脂肪秤 |
[17:52] | I wish I would’ve had one of those when I was your age. | 我像你这么大的时候很想要一个 |
[17:54] | – You’re welcome. – Who’s Robert Mapplethorp? | -不用谢 -罗伯特·梅普尔索普是谁 |
[17:57] | Actually, I’m gonna need that one back. | 实际上 我得把那个拿回来 |
[17:58] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[17:59] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[18:00] | All I really wanted this year was a Puppy Pound. | 我今年真正想要的就是一个胖胖狗之家 |
[18:03] | Here. You can have mine. | 给 我的可以给你 |
[18:05] | It’s really fun. | 可好玩了 |
[18:06] | Oh, my gosh. | 我的天啊 |
[18:07] | That’s the sweetest thing I’ve ever seen! | 这是我见到过最感人的事了 |
[18:09] | Lily, honey, that was so nice! | 莉莉 宝贝儿 你这样做太好了 |
[18:12] | It’s okay. I’ll get one tomorrow. | 没事儿 我明天还会有一个 |
[18:14] | Um, well, you know what? About that — | 那个 你知道吗 关于那个 |
[18:16] | Cam? Cam? | 小卡 小卡 |
[18:17] | Uh, that was a t-o-y s-t-o-r-e. | 是玩具店打来的 |
[18:21] | – What? – Someone returned their Puppy Pound. | -怎么了 -有人退了一个胖胖狗之家 |
[18:22] | W-we can’t get over there in time before the store closes! | 可我们在他们关门之前赶不过去 |
[18:25] | Wait, you know who lives right over there? | 等等 你知道谁就住那家店旁边吗 |
[18:28] | Oh, no. No! | 不 不 |
[18:39] | Almost there. | 马上就到 |
[18:42] | No. | 不 |
[18:44] | No! Why?! | 不 为什么会这样 |
[18:47] | Why-y-y-y-y?! | 为什么 |
[18:52] | In hindsight, the cigar was a mistake. | 事后诸葛亮一下 那支烟是个错误 |
[18:56] | So, what do we do now? | 那我们现在怎么办 |
[18:57] | We go home. | 我们回家吧 |
[18:58] | I thought Pritchetts never give up. | 我以为普里契特家的人是不会放弃的 |
[19:00] | They know when to give up, | 他们知道什么时候应该放手 |
[19:01] | which is its own kind of victory. | 也算是某种战胜自我 |
[19:03] | – Unless… – what? | -除非 -怎么了 |
[19:05] | No it’s crazy. | 算了 太疯狂了 |
[19:07] | Unless… | 除非 |
[19:08] | Are you really gonna make me ask you again? | 你真的想我再问一遍吗 |
[19:10] | …we somehow apply pressure to the axhead already in the tree. | 我们可以想办法给树干上的斧头施加压力 |
[19:13] | I bet we can use the jack from the car. | 可以用车上的千斤顶 |
[19:15] | Of course. The upward motion will split the trunk. Yeah. | 不错 向上的力可以撕裂树干 |
[19:23] | We can always tell people that’s how we did it. | 我们可以跟别人说我们是那么做的 |
[19:25] | That is how we did it. | 我们就是那么做到的 |
[19:29] | People love getting new things… | 人们都喜欢得到新东西 |
[19:31] | But the best stuff has a story behind it. | 不过最好的东西背后都有故事 |
[19:33] | Damn fine tree. | 超棒的树 |
[19:34] | Except the saw’s still stuck in the truck. | 只是锯子还卡在树上 |
[19:36] | Yeah, you’re gonna want to keep your brother away from that, huh? | 你要提醒你弟弟离那个远点 |
[19:40] | A lot of times, it’s only after we get rid of something… | 很多时候 只有当我们失去了之后 |
[19:42] | Room for me? | 有我的位置吗 |
[19:44] | …that we realize how much we miss it. | 才知道自己有多想念 |
[19:49] | Oh! Nice! | 真好 |
[19:52] | Good job, Luke! | 干得不错 卢克 |
[19:53] | Yay! A Puppy Pound! | 好棒 胖胖狗之家 |
[19:57] | And things that seem worthless | 看起来没什么价值的东西 |
[19:59] | suddenly turn out to be super valuable… | 突然就变得很有价值 |
[20:02] | Okay, everybody, picture in front of the tree. | 大家一起到圣诞树前合影 |
[20:04] | Timer’s set. Ready? | 定好时间了 准备好了吗 |
[20:09] | What? No! | 什么 不 |
[20:11] | …maybe even precious… | 甚至是宝贵 |
[20:13] | Which is why I thought getting rid of this stuff | 所以我才觉得我们也许 |
[20:15] | would be a huge mistake. | 不应该把这些丢掉 |
[20:16] | Ah. Nice try. | 得了吧 |
[20:18] | You still owe us six weeks’ allowance, | 你欠我们六个星期的补贴 |
[20:19] | and the fireworks. | 还有烟花 |
[20:21] | How could you screw this up? | 你居然把事情搞砸了 |
[20:23] | What? | 你说什么 |
[20:27] | I’ll see you in Vancouver, eh? | 我们温哥华见 |
[20:30] | No. Luke, do the accent again? | 不对 卢克 再学一遍口音 |
[20:31] | Oh, are you on that machine? | 你还在跑着呢 |
[20:33] | Yes, Juliana, but unlike your husband, | 没错 朱莉安娜 但跟你老公不同的是 |
[20:35] | I’ll be finished before you know it. | 我会在你反应过来之前就完事的 |
[20:37] | You know what? It’s actually easier this way! | 你知道吗 这样其实更轻松了 |
[20:40] | Wonder if you could patent a movement? | 不知道能不能给这个动作申请专利 |
[20:41] | Call it “Fliptical” — | 就叫”菲式旋转” |
[20:52] | Dad, trick or treaters! | 爸 小朋友们来要糖果了 |
[20:54] | We’re out of candy! | 我们的糖发完了 |
[20:55] | Who is this dad? | 这个爸爸是谁 |
[20:56] | I’m Gandalf. | 我是甘道夫 |
[20:58] | Who’s on? | 我来啦 |