时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Okay, everybody. Cake time! | 好了 各位 蛋糕时间 |
[00:02] | Thank god. I really have to study. | 老天 我真的得去学习 |
[00:04] | Oh, sweetheart, can’t you just take a minute to enjoy it? | 亲爱的 你就不能抽出点时间享用吗 |
[00:06] | It’s your birthday. | 这可是你的生日啊 |
[00:07] | You put too much pressure on yourself. | 你给自己施加太多压力了 |
[00:08] | I remember my sweet 16. | 我还记得我16岁那年 |
[00:10] | I wanted a theme party. | 我想要个主题派对 |
[00:11] | “Moonstruck” had just come out, but I hadn’t, so — | 《月色撩人》刚刚上映 但我还没出柜 |
[00:13] | No stories, no time — | 别讲故事 没时间听 |
[00:14] | S.A.T.s. | 我是要考大学入学考试的人啊 |
[00:16] | Here we go, everybody. | 来吧 各位 |
[00:17] | Wait, wait. | 等等 等等 |
[00:18] | We all know why we’re here. | 我们都知道在庆祝什么 |
[00:20] | – Ay, honey, you missed one. – I know! | -亲爱的 你落下了一根 -我知道 |
[00:23] | I know I missed one! I’m not an idiot! | 我知道我落下了一根 我不是傻子 |
[00:25] | There! Happy?! | 这样 开心了吧 |
[00:27] | – You’re being a little… – Obstreperous?! | -你有点… -失控是吗 |
[00:29] | Recalcitrant?! Truculent?! | 顽抗 还是野蛮 |
[00:31] | I was gonna say “Cray-cray.” | 我本来想说”神经兮兮” |
[00:32] | Alex, sweet… | 艾丽克斯 亲爱的 |
[00:34] | I really need to focus! | 我真的得集中精神 |
[00:35] | There is a 16-year-old science prodigy | 有个16岁的科学天才 |
[00:37] | studying cancer research at Johns Hopkins! | 在约翰·霍普金斯大学做癌症研究 |
[00:39] | 16! What am I doing?! | 16岁 瞧瞧我在干什么 |
[00:41] | I’m eating cake! | 我在吃蛋糕 |
[00:42] | No, no, no. | 别这样 别这样 |
[00:42] | Cake! Cake! Cake! | 蛋糕 蛋糕 蛋糕 |
[00:57] | Alex might be a little bit fragile after last night, | 艾丽克斯在昨晚过后 可能会有点脆弱 |
[01:00] | so let’s try to be sensitive. | 所以我们得小心对待她 |
[01:01] | Oh, believe me — I am going to be | 相信我 从现在起 |
[01:03] | nothing but nice to Alex from now on. | 我都会对她耐心又友好 |
[01:05] | If she snaps and goes on a rampage, | 如果她哪天突然崩溃 实施暴行 |
[01:06] | who do you think she’s coming for first? | 你觉得她会最先找上谁 |
[01:07] | She’s not going on a rampage. | 她不会实施暴行的 |
[01:09] | I bet she’d let me live. She likes me. | 我赌她会留我一命 她喜欢我 |
[01:11] | I’m just gonna say it — I never trusted her. | 我正要说 我从不信任她 |
[01:13] | Oh, everybody just be normal. | 大家都正常一点就行了 |
[01:14] | We’re gonna treat her exactly the way we usually do. | 我们要像平时那样对她 |
[01:16] | And there she is. | 她来了 |
[01:18] | – Hi, pretty girl. – How’d you sleep? | -美女 -你睡得怎么样 |
[01:20] | – Fine. – Your hair looks super-soft, Al. | -不错 -你的头发看起来超柔软 小艾 |
[01:22] | And is that a great new sweater? Love! | 那是新的毛衣吗 超爱 |
[01:26] | Dad, can you hand me the butter knife? | 老爸 你能把黄油刀递给我吗 |
[01:26] | No! | 不行 |
[01:27] | Haley, Luke, upstairs, please. | 海莉 卢克 请上楼去 |
[01:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:33] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[01:34] | So, about my meltdown. | 好吧 谈谈我昨晚的失控 |
[01:36] | – Who? – What meltdown? | -谁 -什么失控 |
[01:37] | I want to see a therapist. I did some research. | 我想去看心理医生 我查了一下 |
[01:39] | Dr. Gregory Clark — highly recommended, | 格雷戈里·克拉克医生 超高推荐度 |
[01:41] | specializes in teenagers, and is covered by our insurance. | 专治青少年 在我们的医保范围内 |
[01:44] | I booked a double session with him today. | 我预约了今天找他看两个钟 |
[01:45] | And since you guys have the open house, | 既然你们今天要参加学校开放日 |
[01:47] | I will be taking the bus. | 我自己坐公交去 |
[01:51] | – Okay. – That sounds good. | -好 -听起来不错 |
[01:54] | She’s like a self-cleaning oven. | 她简直像个自动清洁炉 |
[01:57] | Check it out. | 快看看 |
[01:58] | I’m rockin’ the old school for the open house today. | 我今天要以复古造型亮相开放日 |
[02:00] | I’m gonna put the “Fizz” back in “Phys Ed.” | 我要为体育课重新注入活力 |
[02:02] | I love it — all of it. | 我喜欢 全都喜欢 |
[02:04] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -当然 |
[02:05] | Because I want to make a good impression today. | 因为我今天想给家长们留下个好印象 |
[02:06] | I want to be the teacher all the parents are talking about. | 我想成为所有家长谈论的对象 |
[02:08] | Well, that explains the socks. | 是啊 难怪穿这袜子 |
[02:10] | What? | 什么 |
[02:11] | There’s a caste system at school — | 学校里有一种等级制度 |
[02:13] | Academic teachers at the top, gym teachers at the bottom. | 学术教师在顶层 体育教师在底层 |
[02:16] | It’s offensive and disrespectful. | 真的很讨厌 也很无礼 |
[02:17] | They treat us like we’re lunch ladies. | 他们像对待服务员一样对待我们 |
[02:20] | Hey, there, neighbor. | 你好啊 邻居 |
[02:23] | – It’s Asher, right? – Yeah. | -是亚瑟 对吧 -没错 |
[02:24] | Um, I just wanted to let you know — | 我就是想告诉你 |
[02:26] | I think there might be something | 我觉得你们家的空调 |
[02:27] | – wrong with your air conditioner. – Oh, really? | -可能坏了 -是吗 |
[02:28] | Yeah, I mean, it just seems to be running a lot, | 是啊 好像运行太久了 |
[02:30] | even when it’s, uh, kind of cool outside. | 即便屋外还挺凉快的 |
[02:32] | No, no. | 不是 不是 |
[02:33] | Um, my partner runs a little hot. | 我家那位有点怕热 |
[02:35] | Not as hot as our planet. | 那也没我们这个地球热 |
[02:37] | Sorry. I don’t mean to be that guy. | 抱歉 我没想那么刻薄 |
[02:39] | It’s just, um, we’re all in this together. | 只是 我们都在一个星球上 |
[02:41] | Yeah, I drive a Prius, so… | 是啊 我开的是普锐斯车 所以 |
[02:43] | And that’s a nice little gesture. | 这倒是个不错的态度 |
[02:44] | My car runs on reclaimed cooking oil. | 我的车用的是回收的食用油 |
[02:46] | I have some literature, if you want it. | 我有一些文章 如果你想看的话 |
[02:48] | That’s okay. Save the paper. | 不用了 省纸吧 |
[02:49] | I haven’t printed anything since 2004. | 我从2004年起就没有印过任何东西 |
[02:51] | I was gonna e-mail you. | 我打算发电邮给你 |
[02:52] | On your power-hungry computer? | 用你那高耗电的电脑吗 |
[02:53] | My entire house is solar-powered. | 我整座房子都是用太阳能供电的 |
[02:54] | I sell energy back to the grid | 我把电卖回给电网 |
[02:56] | and use that money to save polar bears. | 然后用那笔钱救北极熊 |
[02:57] | I’m an environmental lawyer, | 我是个环保律师 |
[02:58] | so, you know, I’m pretty green. | 所以我也是非常环保[绿色]的 |
[03:00] | So is your lawn. | 你的草地也是嘛 |
[03:03] | I went drought-tolerant — | 我的庭院是抗干旱的 |
[03:04] | Succulents, indigenous plants, rock garden. | 多肉植物 本地植物 岩石庭院 |
[03:07] | My other daddy says your yard looks like a litter box. | 我另一个爸爸说你的庭院像猫砂箱 |
[03:11] | She’s a cute kid. | 她真是个可爱的孩子 |
[03:12] | I remember when she was in disposable diapers. | 我还记得她穿一次性尿布时的样子 |
[03:19] | Are you ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[03:20] | Yeah. | 好了 |
[03:21] | Why do you look like that when I look like this? | 你穿这么漂亮干嘛 跟我不搭啊 |
[03:23] | My friends say it’s because of your money. | 我朋友说那是因为你有钱 |
[03:25] | No, I’m just saying why is she all dressed up | 不 我是说 不过是个学校开放日 |
[03:27] | for a school open house? | 干嘛盛装打扮 |
[03:28] | I want to impress Manny’s history teacher. | 我想给曼尼的历史老师留下深刻印象 |
[03:30] | I want Manny to go to Washington, D.C. | 我想让曼尼去华盛顿 |
[03:33] | Yeah, Junior Congress. | 是的 参加青少年国会 |
[03:34] | Only one kid in the whole grade gets picked to go. | 整个年级只有一个名额 |
[03:37] | I think I can make a difference. | 我觉得我能有所作为 |
[03:38] | Regular Congress can’t even make a difference. | 得了吧 真的国会都只是个摆设而已 |
[03:40] | Don’t worry, Manny. I have it covered. | 别担心 曼尼 包在我身上 |
[03:41] | You just go and enjoy your date. | 你只管去好好约会吧 |
[03:44] | I have a date. It’s no big deal. | 我确实有个约会 没什么大不了 |
[03:46] | D-don’t make a whole thing about it. | 你不要大惊小怪 |
[03:47] | What did I do with my car keys? | 我的车钥匙哪儿去了 |
[03:48] | I mean, we’re just friends now, | 我们还只是朋友而已 |
[03:49] | but I have a good feeling. | 但我有很好的预感 |
[03:50] | I know — don’t get ahead of myself. | 好吧 我知道不应该言之过早 |
[03:52] | Every time I put them down. | 每次一放下都找不着了 |
[03:53] | What is her name? | 她叫什么名字 |
[03:54] | Either Zoe or Piper. | 要么是佐伊 要么就是派珀 |
[03:55] | How can you be going on a date and you don’t know her name? | 你怎么连约会对象的名字都不知道呢 |
[03:58] | This is where it gets interesting. | 这就是有意思的地方啊 |
[03:59] | I seriously doubt that. | 我深表怀疑 |
[04:01] | A few days ago, we almost let a girl come between us. | 几天前我们差点因为一个女孩争风吃醋 |
[04:06] | – Who is she? – The new girl. | -那是谁 -新来的姑娘 |
[04:08] | – She’s pretty. – Super-pretty. | -好漂亮 -美极了 |
[04:10] | Dibs. | 我要了 |
[04:11] | What?! N-no. You can’t call dibs. | 什么 不 你不能这样 |
[04:13] | She’s a human being with feelings, | 她是个有情感的大活人 |
[04:14] | not the front seat. | 这不是在抢前排座位 |
[04:15] | Then a miracle happened. | 接着奇迹发生了 |
[04:18] | Twins — each as pretty as the other. | 双胞胎 一样的美丽动人 |
[04:22] | It’s funny — Luke and I don’t usually | 这很有趣 因为卢克和我一般 |
[04:23] | go for the same kind of girl. | 不会看上同一类型的女孩 |
[04:25] | Yeah. I like to describe my type as “Gettable”. | 没错 我喜欢的类型是”容易上手型” |
[04:32] | What are you doing, Tucker? | 你在干什么 塔克 |
[04:33] | Oh, hey, Principal Brown. | 你好啊 布朗校长 |
[04:35] | Do you know how other teachers drone on and on | 你知道其他的老师总是给家长 |
[04:37] | to parents with their boring lectures? | 讲那些枯燥无趣的老生常谈 |
[04:39] | Well, I thought I would go another way. | 我觉得我可以另辟蹊径 |
[04:41] | Oh. Well, I don’t like the sound of that at all. | 听上去可不大妙 |
[04:43] | I think you will. | 你一定会喜欢的 |
[04:44] | I’m gonna spice things up with a spirited game of dodgeball. | 我打算来一堂躲避球课 活跃一下气氛 |
[04:47] | Oh, no. No, no, no, no, no. | 不要 千万不要 一百个不要 |
[04:48] | Okay, before you say “No”… | 在你说”不要”之前 |
[04:49] | I already said “No.” | 我已经说了”不要”了 |
[04:50] | …let me show you my whole bit. | 先看看我的全套构思 |
[04:53] | Howdy, folks. | 你们好 伙计们 |
[04:54] | My name’s Tucker. | 我名字叫塔克 |
[04:55] | I’m the Sheriff of Dodge…ball. | 是”多比”镇警官 其实是”躲避”球 |
[04:58] | “Laugh, laugh, laugh.” | 家长们会哄堂大笑 |
[05:00] | And then — | 然后 |
[05:01] | No, no “then.” No. | 不 没有然后 不行 |
[05:02] | Have you seen the shape some of these folks are in? | 你看到那些家长的身材了吗 |
[05:04] | We don’t need a parent dropping dead in here. | 我们可不想某个家长当场倒毙 |
[05:06] | Look, this is the “Dolphin Den.” | 这里是海豚湾体育馆 |
[05:07] | I am not renaming it | 可没打算改名叫 |
[05:08] | the Harvey K. Mandelbaum memorial gym. | 曼德尔鲍姆纪念馆 |
[05:11] | But I was gonna divide everybody up into | 但我本来想把大家分成哈特菲尔德队 |
[05:12] | the Hatfield and McCoys. | 和麦考伊队打比赛呢 |
[05:13] | Just no dodgeball. | 不许打躲避球 |
[05:19] | Hello, Mr. Ingram. | 你好 英格拉姆老师 |
[05:20] | I am Gloria Delgado-Pritchett, | 我是歌洛莉亚·德尔加多·迪尔加多 |
[05:22] | Manny’s mother. | 曼尼的妈妈 |
[05:22] | Yes, of course. | 没错 当然了 |
[05:23] | I just wanted to thank you so much. | 我想好好感谢您 |
[05:25] | He thinks the world of you. | 我儿子对您评价极高 |
[05:27] | You know, as a child of an immigrant, | 作为移民的小孩 |
[05:29] | he can look at the world with such a fresh perspective. | 您让他对世界有别具一格的新鲜看法 |
[05:32] | And talking about fresh, | 提到”新鲜” |
[05:33] | I brought you some empanadas. | 我给你带了些墨西哥酥皮饺子 |
[05:35] | Subtle. | 真有一套啊 |
[05:38] | Hey, Phil. Where’s Claire? | 菲尔 克莱尔呢 |
[05:39] | Oh, she’s going to Alex’s classes. | 她去艾丽克斯的教室了 |
[05:41] | I’m doing Luke’s. | 我负责卢克这一边 |
[05:41] | I’m surprised to see you here. | 你居然来了我很惊讶 |
[05:43] | Isn’t your team playing today? | 你的球队不是今天比赛吗 |
[05:44] | Yeah. Gloria made me come. | 就是啊 但歌洛莉亚非要我来 |
[05:45] | I think I’m recording the game, | 我设好了录像机 |
[05:46] | but, you know, you can never know. | 但谁知道会发生什么意外情况 |
[05:48] | The last time, I got six hours of bravo. | 上一次我就录了六个小时的喝彩画面 |
[05:50] | And who knows? | 万事皆有可能 |
[05:51] | Maybe Manny’s going to be the first Latino President. | 保不准曼尼就是第一个拉丁血统的总统呢 |
[05:55] | Hello, Mr. Ingram. | 你好 英格拉姆老师 |
[05:57] | Dr. Donna Duncan, | 我是唐娜·邓肯医生 |
[05:59] | Wesley’s mom. | 韦斯利的妈妈 |
[06:00] | Just brought you a little thank-you | 一点小谢礼 不成敬意 |
[06:02] | for being his absolute favorite teacher ever. | 因为您是我儿子最喜欢的老师 |
[06:05] | – Those cupcakes are so white. – Thank you. | -这些蛋糕够白的 -谢谢夸奖 |
[06:07] | Dr. Donna Duncan. | 我是唐娜·邓肯医生 |
[06:09] | I’m Gloria. | 我是歌洛莉亚 |
[06:10] | We’ve met several times. | 我们见过几次 |
[06:11] | Oh, of course. | 当然记得了 |
[06:13] | Mario’s mom. | 马里奥的妈妈 |
[06:14] | Manny. | 是曼尼 |
[06:16] | And how is he fitting in now? Better? | 他适应得怎么样 比以前好些吗 |
[06:19] | Anyway… | 总之 |
[06:20] | Here she is. | 我带了好东西 |
[06:24] | You brought a flask to an open house? | 你带了个酒壶来学校开放日吗 |
[06:25] | You want some? It’s Scotch. | 想来点吗 苏格兰威士忌 |
[06:27] | No. Put it away. | 不 拿远点 |
[06:28] | Don’t be such a goody-goody. | 别这么娘娘腔 |
[06:29] | Taste it. It’s older than you are. | 尝一口 这酒比你年纪还大 |
[06:31] | – I don’t want any scotch. – Well, just smell it. | -我才不想喝威士忌 -那就闻一下 |
[06:34] | – Fine. – Mr. Dunphy, is that a flask? | -好 -邓菲先生 你拿的是酒壶吗 |
[06:36] | No. It is. It I– | 不是 是 实际上 |
[06:38] | Uh, I was — it’s his. | 我只是 是他的 |
[06:39] | No, it’s not. | 才不是我的 |
[06:40] | For the record, no alcohol is allowed on school premises. | 提醒一下 严禁带酒来学校 |
[06:44] | For god’s sake, Phil, | 你太不象话了 菲尔 |
[06:46] | it’s 2:00 in the afternoon. | 这才下午两点而已 |
[06:49] | So, Alex, tell me why you’re here. | 艾丽克斯 跟我说说你为什么来这里 |
[06:54] | I had a little meltdown last night, | 我昨晚有点情绪失控 |
[06:56] | and I’m afraid it’ll happen again. | 我害怕以后还会这样 |
[06:58] | But, this time, in the middle of the S.A.T or something. | 但下次没准会发生在大学入学考试过程中 |
[07:00] | Why do you think you melted down? | 那你为什么失控了呢 |
[07:02] | I’m stressed. | 我压力山大啊 |
[07:03] | It’s my junior year. | 我已经高三了 |
[07:05] | Part of me feels like | 我有时觉得 |
[07:05] | the limbic system in my brain’s a bit off. | 我的大脑边缘系统有点儿失灵 |
[07:07] | That’s a thing, right? I did some research. | 有那么个东西 对吧 我做过调研 |
[07:09] | You know I charge the same | 你知道就算你自我诊断了 |
[07:11] | even if you diagnose yourself? | 我也照旧收钱 对吧 |
[07:12] | I’m just trying to move this along. | 我只想提高下效率 |
[07:13] | I have a lot to do. | 我还有很多事要做 |
[07:15] | Well, uh, this is a process. | 治疗是讲究过程的 |
[07:17] | You know, it takes some time. | 需要花些时间 |
[07:20] | What — what are you thinking? | 你现在在想些什么 |
[07:21] | – Nothing. – No, no. Go ahead. Tell me. | -没什么 -没事 直说好了 |
[07:24] | That maybe you’re not up for this. | 我觉得你可能帮不上我 |
[07:25] | I mean, no offense. | 无意冒犯 |
[07:26] | You’re just a lot older than you look on your website. | 只不过你看起来比网站上老很多 |
[07:29] | Did you even have S.A.T.s when you were in high school | 你上学那个年代有大学入学考试 |
[07:31] | or Asian kids? | 或是亚裔学生吗 |
[07:32] | Oh, no. No, no, no. | 那倒没有 |
[07:33] | But there were other things I worried about — | 但也有其他事情让我很担心 |
[07:36] | Spanish inquisition, | 比如西班牙宗教法庭 |
[07:37] | sailing off the edge of the world, | 出海寻找世界尽头 |
[07:38] | learning how to understand fire. | 还要学习火到底是什么东西 |
[07:41] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[07:42] | – You mind if we try something? – What? | -不如我们换一种方式 -什么 |
[07:44] | Just do me a favor. | 就当帮我的忙了 |
[07:46] | Take a deep breath. | 深吸一口气 |
[07:51] | Great. | 很好 |
[07:52] | Now… what’s on your mind? | 此时此刻 你在想什么 |
[07:55] | Well… I just remembered that I forgot | 我才想起来在离家之前 |
[07:58] | to charge my computer before I left | 我忘了给电脑充上电了 |
[08:00] | and that I have to get new index cards before Monday. | 而且我该在周一前买新的索引卡 |
[08:02] | Hopefully they don’t run out of the blue ones, | 希望还有蓝色的 |
[08:03] | because, for some reason, those help me study better. | 因为不知为何蓝色的能帮助我学习 |
[08:05] | Maybe it’s because they’re easier to read | 也许是因为它们读起来容易些 |
[08:06] | or maybe my prescription’s getting worse. | 也许是因为我的药方不管用了 |
[08:07] | I should probably make an appointment with the eye doctor. | 我或许该去找我的眼科医生检查一下 |
[08:09] | Also, should I get a job this summer | 还有 我这个暑假是不是该找个工作 |
[08:11] | or would an internship look better on my application? | 实习经验是不是会有利于我的申请 |
[08:13] | And what is up with Hillary? | 再有 希拉里到底是怎么了 |
[08:15] | Is she going to run or not? | 她到底要不要竞选 |
[08:16] | I mean, I feel like she’d totally understand | 我觉得她应该完全理解 |
[08:17] | the feeling of being overwhelmed, | 被别人风头压在下面的感觉 |
[08:18] | but also like you’re not doing enough at the same time. | 但同时又觉得她没有尽最大努力 |
[08:26] | Hey, Nina, how’s Sanjay? | 你好 妮娜 你家桑杰怎么样 |
[08:28] | Oh, great. Thanks. | 很好 谢谢关心 |
[08:29] | He’s just dealing with the S.A.T.s and the A.C.T.s. | 他在准备入学考试和大学测验 |
[08:31] | And that merit scholarship application | 还有那个荣誉奖学金申请 |
[08:32] | everyone’s so stressed about. | 每个人都在努力争取 |
[08:34] | What — what application? | 什么 什么申请 |
[08:35] | Let’s begin by talking about the A.P. Physics test, | 我们从物理考试开始说起吧 |
[08:38] | which, as you know, takes place on… | 你们都知道 这门考试安排在 |
[08:40] | May 21st. | 5月21日 |
[08:42] | With Luke and Haley, | 卢克和海莉自理能力有限 |
[08:43] | I’m on top of everything because they aren’t. | 所以我要为他们安排好所有事 |
[08:45] | But Alex is so self-sufficient, | 但是艾丽克斯是那么的自立 |
[08:47] | I just sort of put it in cruise control. | 我就撒手让她自己干了[调到自动巡航模式] |
[08:50] | I’ve fallen asleep at the wheel, | 我在方向盘那儿睡着了 |
[08:51] | and now my little genius is covered in cake. | 结果现在我的小天才往自己身上抹蛋糕 |
[08:54] | Now, a list of practice tests I recommend | 下面是我推荐学生 |
[08:56] | the students take before then | 在考试前做的习题 |
[08:57] | 3a, 4c, 12a through “f,” | 3a 4c 12a一直到f题 |
[09:01] | 18d 19a 23c 18d, 19a, 23c, | |
[09:05] | 24g 25h 26a 24g, 25h, 26a… | |
[09:10] | Meanwhile, a great artist like Bob Dylan | 同时 像鲍勃·迪伦这样伟大的艺术家 |
[09:11] | would get voted off in the first round, which — | 会在第一轮就出局 |
[09:14] | If you wet the end, | 如果你把吸管的一端弄湿 |
[09:15] | it will stick to his face. | 就会粘在他脸上 |
[09:16] | You’re a genius. | 你真是个天才 |
[09:17] | Piper, that’s rude. | 派珀 那样做太无礼了 |
[09:19] | You know, Manny, in chorus, | 曼尼 我们合唱队会唱 |
[09:21] | we sing “Blowin’ in the wind.” | 《随风飘荡》这首歌 |
[09:23] | Now that’s blowin’ in the wind. | 这才叫做”随风飘荡” |
[09:25] | You’re funny, Luke. | 你真风趣 卢克 |
[09:26] | Manny and I need to use the restroom. | 曼尼和我要去趟洗手间 |
[09:28] | We do? | 是吗 |
[09:33] | You’ve got to switch with me. | 你得跟我换换对象 |
[09:34] | What? No, we can’t do that. | 什么 不行 我们不能那样做 |
[09:35] | They’re twins. They’ll never notice. | 她们是双胞胎 是不会发觉的 |
[09:37] | You realize we’re not twins, right? | 你知道我们俩不是双胞胎吧 |
[09:42] | Special dollhouse delivery for Lily! | 莉莉的娃娃屋特快专递来啦 |
[09:44] | It’s here, it’s here! | 来啦 来啦 |
[09:45] | I think you’re going to love it. | 你绝对会爱上它的 |
[09:46] | I spent so many hours playing with this when I was your age. | 我像你这么大的时候 整天都在玩这个 |
[09:49] | Yeah, me too. | 我也是 |
[09:50] | Hey, quick, turn off your car. | 快点把车熄火 |
[09:51] | Why? It’s in park, I think. | 怎么了 在停车模式上呢 我觉得 |
[09:53] | I have a judgey green neighbor. | 我有个邻居是环保人士 |
[09:55] | He had the nerve to come over here | 他竟然有胆子跑过来 |
[09:56] | and tell me that I’m not green enough. | 跟我说我不够环保 |
[09:58] | Shut up! You’re super-green. | 不会吧 你超级环保的 |
[09:59] | Thank you. I’m — I’m recycling a dollhouse. | 谢了 我回收利用了个娃娃屋 |
[10:02] | I even recycled a child. | 我甚至还”回收利用”了个孩子 |
[10:03] | – Didn’t you win some award? – Yes, yes. | -你不是还赢了个奖吗 -对的对的 |
[10:05] | The state bar association award for sustained excellence | 州律师协会奖 为了表彰在环境法方面 |
[10:08] | in the field of environmental… | 做出长期卓越的贡 |
[10:09] | yeah, yeah, yeah. That’s the one. | 对对对 就是这个 |
[10:10] | …law. There was one word left. | 献 还有一个字没说完呢 |
[10:12] | You didn’t have to cut me off. | 你没有必要打断我 |
[10:12] | Dollhouse, please. | 先把娃娃屋拿出来再说 |
[10:14] | Okay. Yeah, in a minute. | 好的 马上就好 |
[10:16] | You know what you should do? | 你知道该怎么做吗 |
[10:17] | March right over there | 去他家找他 |
[10:18] | and wave that trophy in his stupid eco face. | 向他炫耀一下你的奖杯 |
[10:21] | No. You think? | 不是吧 你真这么想吗 |
[10:22] | Yes. Those people are so annoying. | 没错 这些人烦死了 |
[10:24] | There’s this girl at my school | 我们学校有个女生 |
[10:25] | who was all over me about my boots ’cause they’re leather. | 一直指责我说我的靴子是皮的 |
[10:28] | Meanwhile, she’s wearing Crocs, | 可她自己还穿”鳄鱼牌”[洞洞鞋] |
[10:30] | like those aren’t endangered. | 好像那就没有濒临灭绝一样 |
[10:31] | You know what? I am gonna do that. | 你知道么 我就要那么做 |
[10:33] | Show him to out-green me. | 让他知道我有多环保 |
[10:34] | – Okay. Oh, no. – Oh, no. | -好吧 不 -不 |
[10:37] | All right, those are blowing into his yard. | 都吹到他的院子里了 |
[10:38] | That is — okay, that’s definitely gonna hurt my case. | 这 这绝对对我不利 |
[10:40] | Uh, you pick these up. | 你把这些捡起来 |
[10:41] | I’m gonna go get the trophy. Lily, help her. | 我去拿奖杯 莉莉 你帮她捡 |
[10:43] | I heard that “recycled child” comment. | 我听到你说”回收小孩”的话了 |
[10:49] | Thanks to your little flask, | 多谢你的酒瓶 |
[10:50] | now the teacher thinks I’m a burnout. | 现在老师认为我是个酒鬼 |
[10:51] | Football game. | 橄榄球赛 |
[10:53] | Football game! | 橄榄球赛 |
[10:54] | – What are you doing? – You can do this now. | -你在干吗 -现在可以语音搜索了 |
[10:56] | I saw it in a commercial. | 我在广告上看到的 |
[10:57] | Not with that phone. | 那款手机做不到 |
[10:57] | You might as well say it into your wallet. | 跟对着钱包说效果一样 |
[10:59] | Come on. We’re gonna be late for math. | 行了 我们要赶不上数学课了 |
[11:00] | I’m not going to any more boring classes. | 我不会再去那些无聊的课了 |
[11:02] | You’re just gonna cut? | 你要半途而废吗 |
[11:03] | No,I’m just not gonna go because I’m in my 60s. | 不 不去上课是因为我已经六十多了 |
[11:06] | Teacher’s lounge. | 教师休息室 |
[11:08] | They got a TV in here. | 这里有台电视机 |
[11:10] | – We can’t go in the teacher’s lounge. – Why not? | -我们不能去教师休息室 -为什么不 |
[11:11] | – Um, it’s for teachers only. – You’re a teacher. | -因为那是老师专用的 -你就是老师 |
[11:14] | Right now, you’re teaching me how to be a little bitch. | 你现在就在教我怎么做个小怨妇 |
[11:17] | Jay, don’t. Jay. | 杰 不要 杰 |
[11:19] | Jay! | 杰 |
[11:22] | So, when do you think you’ll be making your decision? | 您大概什么时候做决定呢 |
[11:25] | Oh, sometime in the next week or so. | 下周左右吧 |
[11:27] | Oh, take your time. It would be rude to rush you. | 慢慢来 逼您做决定是不礼貌的 |
[11:30] | Not as rude as interrupting two people | 在别人谈话的时候插嘴 |
[11:32] | in the middle of a conversation. | 更没礼貌 |
[11:33] | Well, actually, I’ll go. | 实际上我得走了 |
[11:35] | I’m gonna go grab some coffee. | 我要喝点咖啡 |
[11:36] | Good idea because those cupcakes look very dry. | 就是 那些蛋糕看起来就很干 |
[11:40] | Okay. This is unbelievable. | 这简直让人难以置信 |
[11:42] | They just gave me four books on applying to top colleges. | 他们刚给了我四本关于申请名校的书 |
[11:45] | When am I gonna have time to read all this? | 我哪来的时间读完这些 |
[11:48] | Oh, my gosh. I’m so sorry. | 天啊 真对不起 |
[11:49] | I didn’t see you there. Come on, girls. | 我没看到你 快来吧 各位 |
[11:52] | Oh, she’s so mean. | 她超过分的 |
[11:54] | – Everybody sees me. – Who was that? | -怎么可能有人注意不到我 -她是谁 |
[11:56] | Dr. Dooda Dada. | 多达·达达医生 |
[11:58] | She thinks that she can flirt her son all the way to Washington, | 她以为可以靠色诱老师帮她儿子去华盛顿 |
[12:00] | but I’m gonna take her down. | 我不会让她得逞的 |
[12:03] | I would love to chat, but I got to get to A.P. Calc. | 我很想跟你聊 可我得去微积分课 |
[12:06] | Physical education is a critical part of every school day. | 体育课是学校生活的重要部分 |
[12:09] | As we develop the mind, so we must the body. | 我们学习知识的同时 也应该锻炼身体 |
[12:12] | This begins with good nutrition, uh, physical activity, | 首先需要保证营养 勤做运动 |
[12:15] | sportsmanship, and attention to personal hygiene. | 培养体育精神以及注重个人卫生 |
[12:18] | No, please, please, please don’t go. | 不 拜托你们不要走 |
[12:19] | I know this is boring, but this isn’t my idea. | 我知道这很无聊 可这不是我安排的 |
[12:22] | I wanted to play a spirited game of dodgeball, but — | 我本来想组织一场躲避球大赛 可是 |
[12:25] | That sounds fun. I’ll play dodgeball. | 听起来很有趣 我要玩躲避球 |
[12:28] | I’ll play, too. | 我也要玩 |
[12:29] | Anything’s got to be better than this. | 任何东西都比讲这些有意思 |
[12:31] | Oh, well, you know what? | 知道吗 |
[12:31] | We’re really not supposed to, but you know what? | 我们真的不应该那么做 可是知道吗 |
[12:34] | Hey, guys, listen to this. My name’s Cam. | 各位 听着 我叫小卡 |
[12:36] | I’m the sheriff of Dodge…ball. | 是”多比”镇警官 其实是”躲避”球 |
[12:40] | Okay, you guys are the Hatfields. | 你们是哈特菲尔德队 |
[12:42] | You are the McCoys. | 你们是麦考伊队 |
[12:44] | Mr. Mandelbaum, I’d like you to stay seated. | 曼德尔鲍姆先生 请您继续坐着 |
[12:45] | You’re gonna be our referee. | 您来做我们的裁判就好 |
[12:47] | All right, everybody, let’s dodgeball! | 好了 各位 躲避球大赛开始 |
[12:50] | Dodgeball was a smash. | 躲避球简直就是场灾难 |
[12:52] | Dr. Donna and Gloria were like two assassins | 唐娜医生和歌洛莉亚像两个刺客 |
[12:54] | just picking off their victims one by one. | 把他们的目标一个一个干掉 |
[13:01] | Okay, last two dodgeballers. | 终极躲避球对决 |
[13:03] | Are you ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[13:04] | Yes. | 准备好了 |
[13:06] | Are you ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[13:07] | Yes! | 准备好了 |
[13:10] | Oh, I’m so sorry. | 不好意思 |
[13:11] | I’m going to kill you! | 我要杀了你 |
[13:13] | Gloria, Gloria, Gloria, don’t! | 歌洛莉亚 歌洛莉亚不要激动 |
[13:15] | Ow! My eye! I don’t understand you! | 我的眼睛 你们怎么能这样 |
[13:20] | So, you like theater, | 你喜欢戏剧 |
[13:21] | and you just put this fake thumb in our fries. | 而你刚在薯条里放了个假拇指 |
[13:23] | Yep. | 没错 |
[13:25] | I’m gonna go out on a limb here | 这么说也许有点冒险 |
[13:26] | and say we’re with the wrong people. | 可是我们也许约错人了 |
[13:28] | Let’s just switch dates and get this party started. | 我们互换对象就解决问题了 |
[13:30] | What? We don’t want to switch. | 什么 我们不想换 |
[13:32] | Yeah. I’m not attracted to you. | 我对你没兴趣 |
[13:34] | And I’m not attracted to you. | 我也对你没兴趣 |
[13:36] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[13:37] | We like all the same things, but you don’t think I’m cute? | 我们爱好相同但你却不喜欢我吗 |
[13:39] | I’ve got a thing for Latin men. | 我对拉丁裔男生有好感 |
[13:41] | I like ’em dumb. | 我喜欢呆一点的 |
[13:42] | – Ugh. Well, that’s just offensive. – And shallow. | -这很伤人 -而且肤浅 |
[13:45] | Just because we’re guys doesn’t mean we don’t have feelings. | 我们是男生不代表我们不会受伤 |
[13:48] | Yeah. I don’t feel good about this. | 我觉得这不太好 |
[13:50] | It makes me feel… | 让我觉得 |
[13:52] | bad. | 很糟 |
[13:53] | Come on, Luke. Let’s get out of here. | 算了 卢克 我们走吧 |
[13:55] | Our parents aren’t home. | 我们的父母不在家 |
[13:56] | If you want, we’ll make out with you. | 如果你们愿意 我们可以和你们亲热下 |
[13:59] | I’m not proud of what happened next. | 接下来发生的事我并不引以为豪 |
[14:01] | I am. | 我觉得很好 |
[14:07] | He’s not home. | 他不在家 |
[14:08] | How’s the cleanup going? | 你打扫得怎样了 |
[14:10] | Well, I think I got most of them. | 我觉得大部分搞定了 |
[14:11] | You’ve been at this a while. | 你搞了这么久 |
[14:13] | How come you only have like eight peanuts? | 怎么只捡了八个塑料球呢 |
[14:14] | Instead of carrying them around, | 我只是没有把它们抱着到处走 |
[14:16] | I made a huge pile right over th– | 我把它们都堆在那里 |
[14:19] | – Again?! – Geez. They’re everywhere. | -又来 -天哪 到处都是 |
[14:21] | Oh, god. No! Bird! | 天哪 不 有只鸟 |
[14:24] | Aah! Oh, no! | 不要啊 |
[14:25] | Oh, no! No, no, no, no, no! | 不 不 不 不 |
[14:25] | Oh, no! What is that smell?! | 不 这是什么味道 |
[14:27] | It smells like french fries! | 闻起来像炸薯条 |
[14:29] | It’s biodiesel. Can you plug it up? | 这是生物柴油 你能把它塞起来吗 |
[14:31] | – Oh, what? With what? Popcorn? – Oh, geez. Oh, god. | -用什么塞 爆米花吗 -天哪 |
[14:33] | No! My boots! This is a disaster! | 不 我的靴子 真是场灾难 |
[14:36] | Save the seals! | 保护海豹 |
[14:37] | What — what — what — what the hell? | 什么 什么情况 |
[14:39] | What did you do? | 你们做了什么 |
[14:40] | Uh, I won a green award. | 我赢过一座环保奖杯 |
[14:43] | That’s what. | 就是这样 |
[14:46] | You think you can get this thing to work? | 你确定你能修好这东西吗 |
[14:47] | Hey, you’re supposed to be the lookout. | 你应该去放哨的 |
[14:48] | What if somebody walks in? | 有人进来了怎么办 |
[14:50] | Gee, they’ll call my parents. | 他们会打给我父母 |
[14:51] | Hey! Look! You did it! | 看 你成功了 |
[14:53] | Yeah, it’s not that big of a deal. | 是啊 不是很复杂 |
[14:54] | Listen, I’m gonna get back to class. | 听着 我要回课堂了 |
[14:55] | Before you go, let me ask you a question. | 你走之前 我有个问题想问你 |
[14:58] | How do you know how to do all this stuff? | 你怎么会这么擅长修理东西呢 |
[15:00] | Back in high school, I was in the A.V. Club. | 高中时 我是影音俱乐部的 |
[15:02] | We did all kinds of crazy things. | 我们做过很多疯狂的事情 |
[15:04] | One year, we hid a microphone in the gym. | 有一年 我们在体育馆藏了一台麦克风 |
[15:06] | We could totally hear everything that was going on at prom. | 毕业舞会发生的事情我们都能听到 |
[15:08] | I used to make fun of guys like you. | 我曾经取笑过你们这种人 |
[15:11] | This is pretty cool. | 但这很酷 |
[15:12] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[15:14] | You think this is cool… | 你觉得这就算酷了 |
[15:18] | First down! All right. | 第一次进攻 好样的 |
[15:20] | Best open house ever. | 史上最棒的学校开放日 |
[15:22] | It’s all gravy when you’re in the A.V. | 在影音俱乐部里一切都轻而易举 |
[15:24] | Admit it — doesn’t it feel good | 承认吧 打破些规则 |
[15:25] | to break a few rules, | 游走在制度边缘 |
[15:26] | take a walk on the wild side? | 是不是感觉挺好 |
[15:28] | – You’re welcome. – No, you’re welcome. | -不用谢 -不 是你不用谢 |
[15:29] | I’m the one who set this whole thing up. | 这些都是我搞的 |
[15:30] | Let’s just say we make a good team. | 不如说我们配合得不错吧 |
[15:32] | To us. | 敬我们 |
[15:34] | There he goes. There he goes. | 他进攻了 进攻了 |
[15:35] | Come on, come on! Come on! | 上啊 上啊 上啊 |
[15:37] | Come on! Yeah! | 上啊 漂亮 |
[15:43] | I’ve been like this for as long as I can remember. | 从我记事起我就是这个样子了 |
[15:46] | Can you give me an example? | 能给我举个例子吗 |
[15:48] | Well, when I was little, | 在我很小的时候 |
[15:49] | I was in a spelling team at school | 是拼写队的成员 |
[15:51] | and I really wanted to win. | 我真的很想赢 |
[15:54] | I don’t know why. There was no prize. | 我也不知道为什么 也没有奖励 |
[15:56] | No one cared. | 没人在乎 |
[15:57] | My parents didn’t even know I was in it. | 我父母甚至都不知道我参加了 |
[15:59] | I just felt this weight on my shoulders, | 我只是觉得肩上有这样的责任 |
[16:01] | like if I lost, I’d…I don’t know. | 就好像如果输了 我会 我也不知道 |
[16:04] | – I just had to win. – And did you? | -我就是必须要赢 -那你赢了吗 |
[16:06] | Yep. Know what the winning word was? | 是的 你知道决胜的词是什么吗 |
[16:08] | Responsibility. | 责任 |
[16:12] | Is that what you feel? | 你是那么想的吗 |
[16:14] | A responsibility to win all the time? | 一直有着需要赢的责任 |
[16:17] | To always be the best? | 永远要做最好的 |
[16:18] | That’s one way to put it. | 你可以这么说 |
[16:20] | And this responsibility — where does it come from? | 这种责任 从哪里来 |
[16:24] | I’m not sure. It’s just…there. | 我也不知道 它就自然存在了 |
[16:26] | So it’s an internal pressure. | 所以这是种内部压力 |
[16:32] | Kind of. | 算是吧 |
[16:33] | I mean, once you start overachieving, | 一旦你做得超过预期了 |
[16:35] | people expect things from you. | 人们就开始对你有所期待 |
[16:37] | Like what people? | 人们是谁 |
[16:38] | You know, the world… | 就是 全世界 |
[16:42] | Teachers, parents, other kids. | 老师 家长 其他孩子 |
[16:45] | It’s not all internal. | 也不完全是内部的 |
[16:46] | Don’t get me wrong. | 别误会 |
[16:49] | I like the way I’m wired. | 我喜欢这种紧张的状态 |
[16:50] | It’s what’s going to get me into a good school. | 只有这样我才能上好学校 |
[16:52] | It’s what makes me who I am. | 这才是我 |
[16:54] | And how is that — being who you are? | 那感觉怎么样 做你自己 |
[16:56] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[16:58] | Mostly good. | 大多数时候还不错 |
[17:00] | A little exhausting. | 有点累 |
[17:02] | Sometimes hard. | 有时候很艰难 |
[17:05] | I guess there’s your answer. | 我觉得这就是你想要的答案吧 |
[17:07] | It’s hard being me. | 做我自己很难 |
[17:10] | Tell me a little more about your family. | 再跟我说说你的家庭 |
[17:12] | They’re pretty normal, I guess. | 就是个很正常的家庭 |
[17:14] | I’m not like any of them, | 我跟他们都不太一样 |
[17:16] | – But that doesn’t really bother me. – Ever? | -但这对我没什么困扰 -从来没有吗 |
[17:18] | Only when they say things like “Alex, you study too much” | 除非他们说”艾丽克斯 你太刻苦了” |
[17:22] | or “Don’t freak out” or “Go do something fun.” | 或是”别紧张” “去玩玩”之类的 |
[17:25] | So, your siblings– | 就是说你的兄弟姐妹 |
[17:27] | they don’t experience the same pressures you do. | 他们并没有你那样的压力 |
[17:30] | Oh, god, no. They don’t care about school. | 天呐 当然没有 他们才不在乎学业 |
[17:31] | Hmm. Why do you think that is? | 你觉得原因是什么呢 |
[17:33] | I mean, you all grew up in the same house | 你们都在同一屋檐下长大 |
[17:35] | with the same parents, yet you’re the only one | 有着同样的父母 而你却是唯一 |
[17:37] | who feels this enormous pressure | 为了达到高标准 |
[17:39] | to achieve at such a high level. | 而感到巨大压力的人 |
[17:41] | Why do we even have to talk about my family? | 为什么要谈论我的家人 |
[17:42] | They don’t have anything to do with this. | 他们跟这事没关系 |
[17:45] | They don’t get me. | 他们不懂我 |
[17:48] | How’s that feel? | 这种感觉如何 |
[17:50] | – I don’t know. – You’re a smart girl. | -不知道 -你很聪明 |
[17:52] | – Try a little harder. – I said I don’t know. | -再好好想想 -我说了不知道 |
[18:00] | I feel… | 我感觉 |
[18:03] | kind of alone. | 有点孤单 |
[18:06] | I realize our juniors are busy with SATs, so as a rule, | 我知道孩子们都忙着准备入学考试 |
[18:10] | I only give two hours of homework a night. | 所以我每晚只布置两个小时的作业量 |
[18:12] | – Two hours? – Our students are highly advanced. | -两个小时啊 -我们的学生非常棒 |
[18:15] | It’s nothing they can’t handle. | 他们完全应付得来 |
[18:16] | You know, I’m– I’m sure they can. | 我相信他们可以 |
[18:18] | It’s just that if they have two hours in this class | 只是说他们要上两小时的课 |
[18:19] | and they have an hour for A.P. Bio | 还要上一小时的生物课 |
[18:21] | and an hour and a half for, um, advanced lit | 还有一个半小时的文学课 |
[18:24] | and– hang on one second. | 再加上 稍等 |
[18:25] | Let me just do this on the board, | 我要写在板子上 |
[18:27] | ’cause then it’s– um, we got 2 and 1 and 1.5 | 两小时一小时再加一个半小时 |
[18:31] | and then another, uh, hour and a half | 之后还有一个半小时 |
[18:32] | for A.P. History– gives us… | 历史课 算下来 |
[18:37] | – It’s 6. – Yes! | -六小时 -没错 |
[18:39] | Nina, I was getting there. | 妮娜 我就要算出来了 |
[18:41] | Thank you! Thank you so much! | 谢谢 非常感谢 |
[18:42] | If I could just have a second to think | 要是你打字没那么大声 |
[18:43] | without all the tippy-tappy typing. | 我就能静下心来计算了 |
[18:46] | 6. | 六小时 |
[18:49] | Well, I hope you’re happy. | 这下你们高兴了吧 |
[18:50] | You’ve ruined dodgeball for everyone. | 你们毁了大家的躲避球赛 |
[18:51] | She was the one who threw that ball in my face. | 是她把球扔到我脸上的 |
[18:53] | Only because you threw yourself at Mr. Ingram. | 那是因为你色诱英格拉姆老师 |
[18:56] | Okay, ladies, please. | 拜托 女士们 |
[18:57] | Can’t you see what’s going on here? | 你们看不出你们在干什么吗 |
[18:58] | You both just want what’s best for your kids. | 你们都只是想为孩子争取最好的机会 |
[19:01] | I need to get this trip for Wesley. | 我得帮韦斯利争取到这次旅行 |
[19:04] | I’m tired of him being so mad at me all the time. | 我不想再看到他每次都对我生气 |
[19:06] | Why is he mad? | 他为什么生气 |
[19:07] | Oh, he blames me for the divorce. | 他认为我和他爸离婚是我的错 |
[19:09] | His father will always be the hero. | 他爸爸总是那个好人 |
[19:11] | It’s hard to blame someone who’s never there. | 不在身边的人总是不会被责怪 |
[19:13] | Now, can’t you relate to that? | 你能理解吗 |
[19:15] | It will get better. | 会好起来的 |
[19:17] | Kids always figure out who’s really there for them. | 孩子们会明白谁是真正为他们好的 |
[19:21] | Again, we’re very sorry about the projector. | 对投影仪的事再次表示抱歉 |
[19:24] | I’ll send a check on Monday. | 我周一会寄来支票 |
[19:26] | – Hi, honey. – I got in trouble. | -亲爱的 -我惹事了 |
[19:28] | Whatever she did, add it to my tab. | 她的事都记到我的帐上 |
[19:30] | – All right, let’s do this. – No. No, no, no. | -好吧 来吧 -不不 |
[19:32] | Not you two, just you. Come on, sheriff. | 不是你俩 就你 来吧 警长 |
[19:38] | Oh, hey, honey. How did it go? | 亲爱的 怎么样 |
[19:39] | Good. And I made another session for next week. | 挺好的 下周继续 |
[19:41] | How was the open house? | 学校开放日怎么样 |
[19:42] | Wow. So intense. | 非常紧张 |
[19:44] | I had no idea the kind of pressure you’re under. | 我都不知道你承受了那么大的压力 |
[19:47] | Honey, I was just you for two hours. | 亲爱的 我只在学校体验了两个小时 |
[19:48] | I could barely hold it together. | 就已经快受不了了 |
[19:50] | I don’t know how you don’t have a meltdown every day. | 你没有每天情绪失控真是太了不起了 |
[19:53] | – I… – Oh, honey. | -我 -亲爱的 |
[19:56] | Sweetie, what? Did I say something? | 宝贝 怎么了 是我说了什么吗 |
[19:57] | Yes. | 是的 |
[20:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:02] | Okay. | 没事 |
[20:04] | Okay. | 没事 |
[20:07] | Okay. | 乖 |
[20:15] | Again, I am so sorry. | 再次抱歉 |
[20:17] | I-I guess, in retrospect, it was a little crazy | 现在想来 我过来向你炫耀 |
[20:19] | that I wanted to show you my state bar association award. | 我的州律师协会奖 实在有点疯狂 |
[20:21] | Stop. | 别说了 |
[20:22] | And it’s possible I come on a little too strong. | 可能是我太过激了 |
[20:24] | No. No, no. | 不不不 |
[20:26] | I like to think that I’m greener than I am, | 我以为我很环保 |
[20:28] | but maybe I just want the credit | 但也许我只是想 |
[20:29] | without doing all the hard work that you do. | 不像你那样卖力气就得到赞赏 |
[20:31] | Well, you’re right– it is hard, | 你说得对 是很不容易 |
[20:32] | but, you know, it’s also alienating. | 但也会遭到孤立 |
[20:34] | You know, no one wants to be friends with me. | 没人想跟我交朋友 |
[20:36] | I-I can’t tell you the last time | 我都不记得上次请别人 |
[20:37] | I had people over for dinner, | 来家里吃饭是什么时候了 |
[20:39] | which is probably a good thing. | 也许这是好事 |
[20:40] | You know, with solar power, | 你知道太阳能嘛 |
[20:41] | it takes four days to roast a chicken. | 需要四天的时间才能烤熟一只鸡 |
[20:43] | – Really? – If you want it cooked all the way through, yeah. | -真的吗 -如果你想全熟的话 |
[20:45] | You know I had salmonella three times? | 知道我得过三次沙门氏菌病吗 |
[20:48] | If you want to come over to our house for dinner, | 你可以来我家吃饭 |
[20:49] | – we kind of owe you. – You can play with my dollhouse. | -我们欠你的 -你可以玩我的娃娃屋 |
[20:52] | Yeah? | 真的吗 |
[20:53] | Does it made from sustainable materials? | 那是可持续材料做的吗 |
[20:55] | Forget it. | 当我没说 |