时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | If I take something to help me sleep, | 如果我吃点什么来催眠 |
[00:03] | I’ll be groggy for the meeting. | 明天开会就会昏昏沉沉的 |
[00:05] | But if I don’t take anything and I don’t sleep, | 但如果我什么也不吃 就睡不着 |
[00:07] | I’ll be groggy for the meeting, you know? | 明天开会还是会昏昏沉沉的 |
[00:11] | I was up for re-election as social chair | 我在再次竞选当地房地产经纪人团体的 |
[00:12] | of our local realtors group. | 联谊会主席 |
[00:14] | The vote was tonight. | 今晚进行投票 |
[00:16] | I was so nervous, | 我超级紧张 |
[00:16] | I could barely hear Claire’s pep talk. | 基本没在听克莱尔为我鼓励 |
[00:19] | Why did I beg Mitchell | 我为什么求米奇尔 |
[00:19] | to introduce me to this developer? | 介绍我认识这个开发商 |
[00:21] | You’re right. We’ll know soon enough. | 你说得对 我们很快就会知道了 |
[00:23] | I’m gonna go upstairs, see if I can get some sleep. | 我要上楼了 看看能不能睡着 |
[00:24] | Love you. | 爱你 |
[00:25] | I hope so, too. | 我也希望这样 |
[00:29] | Hello? | 你好 |
[00:31] | Hey, Gil. | 格尔 |
[00:31] | No, no, no. You — you didn’t wake me. | 没没没 你没吵醒我 |
[00:35] | Um, so, you hear anything, or… | 你有听到什么消息吗 |
[00:39] | Hey, Dunphy. | 邓菲 |
[00:40] | Just wrapping up a phone call with this jackass. | 稍等我挂断这个蠢货的电话 |
[00:42] | I got to run, Dunphy. | 我得挂了 邓菲 |
[00:42] | I got a late meeting with some jackass. | 晚上得跟个蠢货见面 |
[00:44] | What’s going o– what’s going on? | 什么情 什么情况 |
[00:47] | The people have spoken, Dunphy. | 大家都表态了 邓菲 |
[00:48] | I’m in. You’re out. | 我当选了 你出局了 |
[00:50] | Sorry to have to tell you that in private. | 很抱歉不得不私下告诉你 |
[00:52] | Was it even close? | 票数接近吗 |
[00:53] | No! I have a mandate — | 不 我现在受命要做个工作 |
[00:55] | Not the kind you hide from your wife, either. | 不是让你跟你老婆隐瞒的那种 |
[00:57] | I can’t believe it. I’m a one-termer? | 难以置信 我才任一届吗 |
[00:58] | That puts me alongside Henry Eustace Tyler | 那我就跟亨利·尤斯塔斯·泰勒 |
[01:00] | and Art Wagner! | 还有阿特·瓦格纳一样了 |
[01:02] | Never met Art Wagner. | 从没见过阿特·瓦格纳 |
[01:03] | They took away his | “Gategate”事件后 |
[01:04] | realtor’s license after Gategate. | 他的经纪人执照被吊销了 |
[01:07] | Okay, enough history, “Done-for.” | 别再追忆历史了 “蹬腿” |
[01:08] | Fork over the hardware. | 快把东西交出来 |
[01:09] | Gil, as my predecessor told me, | 格尔 正如我的前任对我说的那样 |
[01:11] | respect the office, respect the medallion. | 尊重办公室 尊重奖章 |
[01:16] | Ooh, shiny. | 真够闪的 |
[01:17] | How often do you clean this thing? | 你多长时间清理一次这玩意儿 |
[01:18] | Every time I shower. | 我每次洗澡的时候 |
[01:20] | Well, don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[01:20] | It’s gonna get a good buffing tonight | 晚上这奖章 |
[01:21] | when it’s swinging against the back of my wife’s head. | 在我老婆脑后摇晃时就能好好磨光一下了 |
[01:24] | That is not respecting the medall– | 这可不是尊重奖章的表… |
[01:43] | So, after we pick up my allergy medication, | 等我们拿完我的过敏药 |
[01:46] | you drop Manny and I at the museum. | 你把我和曼尼载到博物馆 |
[01:48] | Why do you even have to go? | 你为什么非得去 |
[01:50] | Ay, other mothers are going to the field trip, too. | 其他母亲也会参加这次活动 |
[01:52] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[01:53] | I’m not going to be all over you, | 我不会缠着你 |
[01:55] | trying to suffocate you. | 让你感觉压抑的 |
[01:57] | Don’t talk like that. | 别那样说话 |
[01:58] | I hate crowded elevators. | 我讨厌拥挤的电梯 |
[02:01] | Only one thing worse — | 只有一件事更讨厌 |
[02:02] | When they stop and you get trapped. | 那就是电梯停了 你被困在里面 |
[02:08] | Actually, there’s one thing even worse than that. | 其实 还有一件事更讨厌 |
[02:11] | It’s okay, sir. There’s no need to panic. | 没关系 先生 不用怕 |
[02:14] | Getting trapped with him. | 跟他一起被困住 |
[02:17] | I don’t even know the guy’s name. | 我不知道这家伙的名字 |
[02:18] | He belongs to my club. | 他跟我同个俱乐部的 |
[02:19] | But for whatever reason, | 但不知道为什么 |
[02:21] | he has the knack for showing up | 他总是有办法 |
[02:24] | when I’m at my absolute worst. | 在我最糟糕的时候出现 |
[02:29] | Be right back. | 马上回来 |
[02:43] | Here, let me help you. | 来 我来帮你 |
[02:44] | Maybe we should help someone else. | 也许我们该帮帮别人 |
[02:45] | Oh, don’t be frightened. | 别害怕 |
[02:46] | Big step! | 跨大步 |
[02:50] | Who’s next? | 谁是下一个 |
[02:52] | I’m sorry. Pepper’s getting a what for your wedding? | 抱歉 胡娇要给你们的婚礼找什么 |
[02:54] | A D.P. | 一名摄指 |
[02:56] | No! | 不是 |
[02:57] | No, a director of photography. | 不 是摄影指导 |
[02:59] | Yeah, apparently, he’s a big deal. | 显然 他是个大咖 |
[03:00] | He won a Golden Globe. | 他获得过金球奖 |
[03:01] | No, you win an Oscar. | 不 奥斯卡是靠实力赢的 |
[03:02] | You buy a Golden Globe. | 金球奖是花钱买的 |
[03:04] | So he can only meet with us this morning. | 他只能今早跟我们见面 |
[03:06] | Is — is there any way you could pick Lily up from school? | 你今天能去学校接莉莉吗 |
[03:08] | Uh, yeah. Yeah, I can. | 行啊 行 没问题 |
[03:09] | I’ll — I-I’ll take her to the park. That’s good. | 我会 我会带她去公园 很好 |
[03:10] | It’ll get my mind off this meeting with your friend. | 这样我就不会去想跟你朋友见面的事了 |
[03:12] | I am so nervous. | 我好紧张 |
[03:14] | I haven’t had a sales meeting in…forever. | 我很久没开过销售会议了 |
[03:17] | I’m a little rusty. | 现在有点迟钝了 |
[03:18] | Do you remember when we used to call you “Little rusty”? | 你还记得我们以前总叫你小迟钝吗 |
[03:20] | I was 8, | 我那时才8岁 |
[03:21] | and I can still cancel this meeting. | 现在我还是可以取消这次会面 |
[03:23] | Fine. I got to go. I got to — | 好吧 我得挂了 我得 |
[03:26] | I don’t know what I have to do. | 我不知道我得干什么 |
[03:28] | What is this? | 这是干什么 |
[03:29] | I’m sweating off weight for my wrestling match. | 我在为了我的摔跤比赛流汗减重 |
[03:31] | I slept in this. | 我就是穿这个睡觉的 |
[03:32] | Does this have anything to do with why we’re out of plastic wrap? | 这就是为什么我们找不到塑料包装用吗 |
[03:35] | Oh, it’s the bottom layer. | 那是最里面一层 |
[03:36] | And I’ve got some news for you — | 而且我告诉你吧 |
[03:37] | It’s not keeping me fresh. | 那东西并不能让我保持新鲜 |
[03:38] | Okay. Um, you’re gonna be late. | 好吧 你要迟到了 |
[03:40] | You got to get undressed in the backseat. | 你在后座脱衣服吧 |
[03:41] | Ooh, got any pointers for him? | 要给他什么指示吗 |
[03:43] | Do you girls have to move that now? | 你们非得现在搬这个吗 |
[03:44] | Well, I’ve been lonely. | 我最近感觉很孤单 |
[03:45] | Having a mirror in my room will be like having company! | 屋子放面镜子会让我感觉有个伴 |
[03:47] | Ugh, your daughter’s a parakeet. | 你女儿真是只害怕孤独的小鹦鹉 |
[03:51] | Careful. | 小心点 |
[03:52] | Stop saying that. I think I know what I’m — | 别再说了 我知道我在 |
[03:53] | Oh, one second. | 等一下 |
[03:54] | – Oh, my God. – Hello! | -天啊 -你好 |
[03:57] | No, this is a good time. | 不会 现在正合适 |
[03:58] | – Haley! – All right. Geez! | -海莉 -好了 天啊 |
[04:00] | No, I just got to help my sister out with something. | 没事 我在帮我妹妹做点事儿 |
[04:02] | Okay. Bye. | 再见 |
[04:03] | Okay, let’s just put this down for a second. | 我们把这个放下一会儿 |
[04:07] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[04:09] | – What? – I don’t think this is gonna fit. | -怎么了 -恐怕这面镜子放不下 |
[04:10] | You’ll have to get a smaller mirror. | 你得找一面小点的镜子 |
[04:11] | Oh, my God! Oh, my God! Oh, my God! | 天啊 天啊 天啊 |
[04:13] | Haley, you’ll still be the same size in it. | 海莉 换面镜子你身材又不会变 |
[04:14] | No! | 不 |
[04:17] | Oh, my God! We’re trapped! | 天呐 我们被困住了 |
[04:18] | Well, it — it’s — it’s not such a huge disaster. | 这 这 这没什么大不了的 |
[04:20] | You know, you’ll just be a little late for school. | 只是你上学会迟到一会儿而已 |
[04:21] | Make up your mind! Which is it?! | 再好好想想 到底是哪样 |
[04:23] | Oh, my god. I’m missing a text. | 天呐 我错过了一条短信 |
[04:25] | Just got real, didn’t it? | 来真的了 是不是 |
[04:27] | Who sent you?! | 谁派你来的 |
[04:31] | Come on. We have to go. We can’t be late. | 快点 我们得走了 可不能迟到 |
[04:32] | I am so excited. Aren’t you? | 我太激动了 你呢 |
[04:34] | – Oh, no. – What? What’s happening? | -不是吧 -什么 怎么了 |
[04:36] | How are you ruining this? | 又要搞砸吗 |
[04:37] | There’s a report of lice in Lily’s class. | 莉莉的班上有虱子 |
[04:39] | Ugh. It’s probably from Portia. | 估计是从波西亚那传来的 |
[04:41] | You know, she is always so filthy. | 她总是特别脏 |
[04:43] | They had to kick her out of swim buddies | 他们不跟她一起游泳了 |
[04:44] | because she left a ring around the pool. | 因为她有次落了个游泳圈在泳池周围 |
[04:46] | We should probably cancel our meeting | 我们大概应该取消会议 |
[04:48] | and pick Lily up ourselves, huh? | 亲自去接莉莉 |
[04:50] | Probably? We have to! | 不是大概 是必须 |
[04:52] | We can’t risk infecting Claire | 我们不能为了 |
[04:53] | just so we can keep a meeting | 和全国最棒的婚礼摄影师见面 |
[04:54] | with the top wedding photographer in the state. | 就让克莱尔有被传染虱子的风险 |
[04:59] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[05:01] | I am calling her. | 我这就打给她 |
[05:04] | Yeah, it’s the right thing to do… | 没错 这就对了 |
[05:06] | …even though it’s like a 1% chance | 即使基本没可能 |
[05:08] | of her actually catching anything | 会传染给她 |
[05:09] | and a 100% chance of us freaking her out. | 倒是很可能吓死她 |
[05:13] | Well, now, wait. | 别 等等 |
[05:15] | Are we being selfish here, Cam? | 我们是不是有点自私 小卡 |
[05:17] | Maybe. Go on. | 也许 说下去 |
[05:19] | Well, if– if we alarm her just so | 要是我们提醒她 |
[05:20] | that we can have a clear conscience, | 只是为了不让自己良心不安 |
[05:22] | doesn’t that make us… | 会不会显得我们太 |
[05:24] | – Monsters. – …monsters. | -冷酷 -冷酷 |
[05:25] | Wouldn’t we be doing her a favor | 我们何不帮她个忙 |
[05:26] | by not telling her and sparing her all that worry? | 就不告诉她 省得她担心呢 |
[05:29] | Second huge favor of the day, | 今天帮她的第二个大忙 |
[05:30] | after you got her a meeting with your client. | 你还帮她约了你的客户和她见面 |
[05:33] | Mm. I’m — I’m starting to feel bad about this. | 我有点负罪感 |
[05:34] | What, because we’re doing so many favors, | 怎么了 因为我们帮了她太多忙 |
[05:36] | Claire will never be able to pay us back? | 可克莱尔却报答不了吗 |
[05:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:39] | Nope, she does not need the stress, Cam. | 好 就不给她添加压力了 小卡 |
[05:40] | Yep. That’s it. No more favors for Claire. | 好的 就这样 不再帮克莱尔了 |
[05:42] | No! | 不帮了 |
[05:43] | Look at us! | 看我们 |
[05:44] | Two blondes, having fun! | 两个金发女郎 真开心 |
[05:49] | Hey, buddy! | 伙计 |
[05:51] | My match is coming up. | 比赛快开始了 |
[05:52] | Got any final dad-vice? | 有什么最后的”父建” |
[05:53] | Starting to sound natural, right? | 这个词开始听习惯了吧 |
[05:56] | You know what? Just get out there and enjoy yourself. | 没别的 去好好享受比赛就好了 |
[05:58] | You showed real character trying a new sport. | 你尝试了一项新的运动 很棒 |
[06:01] | No matter what happens, I couldn’t be prouder. | 不管结果如何 我都为你骄傲 |
[06:03] | Thanks, dad. | 谢谢 爸爸 |
[06:04] | You bet. Go get ’em! | 加油 打败他们 |
[06:06] | That may be the best part about being a parent. | 这可能是当家长最棒的一件事 |
[06:08] | Whatever’s going on in your personal life, | 不管你自己的生活如何 |
[06:10] | when your kid’s happy, you’re happy. | 你的孩子高兴 你也会高兴 |
[06:12] | A happy kid is like an antidepressant, | 一个开心的孩子就像抗抑郁药 |
[06:14] | but a natural one, | 而且是纯天然的 |
[06:15] | not the kind your husband has to find | 不是需要背着老公藏在 |
[06:16] | in your jewelry drawer. | 首饰盒里的那种 |
[06:18] | Enough said about that! | 说多了 |
[06:25] | Hey, Gil. | 格尔你好 |
[06:25] | Oh, whoops! I’m sorry, man. | 真抱歉啊 |
[06:27] | I hope I didn’t blind ya. | 希望没晃瞎你眼睛 |
[06:28] | Although you might not want to see what’s next. | 尽管你可能不会想看接下来的画面 |
[06:31] | Our kids are wrestling each other. | 我们的孩子要比赛摔跤 |
[06:32] | – Are you kidding? – Nope! | -你在开玩笑吧 -没有 |
[06:35] | There’s my little bra-snapper right there. | 那个就是我的小选手 |
[06:37] | He’s a beast, man. | 他可是很生猛的 |
[06:39] | No, uh, yeah, yeah, yeah. | 是啊是啊 |
[06:40] | No, I get it. | 我明白 |
[06:40] | This is when you try to intimidate me. | 你想吓唬我 |
[06:42] | No! No. Hey, good luck. | 不不 祝你好运 |
[06:45] | Hey, did you ever hear about those | 你听没听说过 |
[06:45] | illegal baby-fighting rings they got in the border? | 边境那些非法的童子摔跤比赛 |
[06:48] | That’s not a real thing. | 那都是假的 |
[06:49] | Yeah, wife and I brought him down there. | 我和我太太带他去参加过 |
[06:52] | Won a whole carload of chickens. | 赢了一整车鸡回来 |
[06:54] | See you out there, man. | 回头见了伙计 |
[06:56] | That never happened! | 那根本没有的事 |
[06:57] | Watch yourself! Watch yourself! | 注意 注意 |
[06:59] | Wish me luck. | 祝我好运吧 |
[07:00] | No need. You worked hard. | 不需要了 你很努力了 |
[07:01] | I just want you to have fun. | 我只希望你开心就好 |
[07:02] | Thanks, dad. | 谢谢 爸爸 |
[07:03] | Also, I’d like to revise | 另外我还想修正一下 |
[07:04] | what I said to you in the car about biting. | 我在车上跟你说的咬人的事 |
[07:06] | Manny, they have everything here– | 曼尼 这里什么都有 |
[07:08] | the rainforest experience, the hurricane booth, | 雨林体验 飓风室 |
[07:11] | discovering the body — | 人体解析 |
[07:13] | We have that one in Colombia, too, but — | 这个哥伦比亚也有 只是 |
[07:14] | but a different kind. | 形式不同 |
[07:18] | – Oh, no. – What? | -不 -怎么了 |
[07:19] | You don’t hear that? | 你没听到吗 |
[07:23] | It’s my new shoes. They’re squeaking. | 是我的新鞋 吱吱响 |
[07:25] | Then walk softer. | 那就轻点走 |
[07:29] | Oh, great. | 完了 |
[07:30] | It sounds like the floor’s made of cat toys. | 地板就像猫玩具做的 |
[07:31] | – I’m screwed! – Why? | -我完了 -为什么 |
[07:33] | Why? Because these kids make fun of everything. | 为什么 因为这些孩子会取笑任何事 |
[07:36] | Hand them this, it’ll stick with me forever. | 让他们揪着这事 我会永世不得脱身 |
[07:38] | That’s what happened to mumbles. | 咕哝就是这样 |
[07:40] | Hey, Manny, come with us. | 曼尼 来跟我们走 |
[07:42] | Let’s go, mumbles. | 走吧 咕哝 |
[07:44] | One time! | 就那一次 |
[07:46] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[07:47] | Just go on without me. | 我不去了 |
[07:48] | I’m just gonna stand here. | 我就在这站着吧 |
[07:49] | What — forever? | 永远站着吗 |
[07:52] | What happened to him? | 他这是怎么了 |
[07:54] | He didn’t used to be that self-conscious | 上高中前 他没有这么强烈的 |
[07:55] | before high school. | 自我意识 |
[07:57] | He used to go around in his poncho, | 他以前就披着斗篷 |
[07:59] | play the pan flute. | 吹着排箫 |
[08:01] | Ay, I miss my little old Manny. | 真想念我的小曼尼 |
[08:04] | Manny, you care too much about what other people think! | 曼尼 你太在意别人怎么想了 |
[08:08] | I know that some of the mothers here | 我知道这里有些母亲 |
[08:09] | want to make fun of me | 也想取笑我 |
[08:10] | because of my accent and my bouncy bosom. | 因为我有口音和有弹性的胸部 |
[08:14] | But they don’t. You know why? | 可她们没有 知道为什么吗 |
[08:15] | Because I don’t care. Because I walk with confidence. | 因为我不在乎 因为我充满自信 |
[08:18] | And so can you. Let’s go. | 你也可以 我们走 |
[08:22] | This place sucks so bad. | 这地方真差劲 |
[08:24] | Sure does, giggles. | 可不是么 咯咯笑 |
[08:25] | One time! | 我就那么笑了一次 |
[08:29] | Okay, she’s not leaving. | 好吧 她还没走 |
[08:31] | You got to lure her away from the staircase. | 你得把她从楼梯上引开 |
[08:33] | She’ll trust you. | 她肯定相信你 |
[08:33] | You’re kind of dressed like an animal trainer. | 你穿得像个驯兽员 |
[08:35] | Why do you keep calling it a “She”? | 你为什么一直觉得它是母的 |
[08:36] | Well, because “He”s don’t look at me like that. | 因为公的不会那样看我 |
[08:38] | My god, is she gonna sleep all day long? | 天啊 她打算睡上一整天吗 |
[08:40] | Okay, that, coming from you? | 真的吗 你还嫌人家睡得多 |
[08:41] | The possum’s actually laughing. | 那负鼠肯定乐坏了 |
[08:43] | And, besides, I mean, it’s obviously not sleeping. | 而且 它显然没在睡觉 |
[08:46] | What else would she be doing? | 她还能干什么 |
[08:47] | Playing…? | 装[玩]… |
[08:49] | Playing…what? | 玩…什么 |
[08:50] | Oh, my god! | 我的天啊 |
[08:51] | Playing possum, the one thing | 装死 人人都知道 |
[08:53] | that absolutely everyone knows possums do. | 这是负鼠最擅长干的事 |
[08:55] | Ha, ha! I got you! | 骗到你了 |
[08:57] | I was playing possum on you by pretending — | 我像负鼠那样跟你装傻呢 我假装 |
[08:59] | Yeah, no, no, no, no, no. Don’t even. | 不 别糊弄我 想都不要想 |
[09:00] | No, my god. | 不 上帝啊 |
[09:01] | Mom’s not even here until 5:00. | 妈妈要到5点才能回家 |
[09:02] | And you ate our only power bar. | 你还把唯一一个能量棒给吃了 |
[09:03] | Well, that’s probably what attracted it! | 可能就是那个把它吸引来的 |
[09:05] | You know, we got to throw something at it. | 我们得朝它扔点儿什么 |
[09:06] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[09:08] | Are you crazy?! | 你疯了吗 |
[09:12] | Mr. Perlowe will be right with you. | 博洛先生马上就来见您 |
[09:13] | – Thank you. – Thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢你 |
[09:15] | I was so nervous before, but I think I really got this. | 我之前特别紧张 不过我觉得我能搞定 |
[09:18] | Oh, no! | 不是吧 |
[09:20] | What? What’s happening? | 什么 怎么了 |
[09:21] | How are you ruining this? | 又要搞砸吗 |
[09:22] | Why does everybody say that? | 为什么每个人都这么说我 |
[09:23] | The — the director of photography | 那个 我们今早见的 |
[09:24] | we met with this morning –he’s turning us down. | 摄像指导拒绝了我们 |
[09:26] | Why? | 为什么 |
[09:27] | “Creative differences.” | 创意分歧 |
[09:29] | He suggested one of us wear a hidden camera | 他建议我们其中一人在襟花上 |
[09:31] | in our boutonniere. | 装个隐藏相机 |
[09:32] | He called it “Groom with a view.” | 他管这个叫”看得见风景的新郎” |
[09:33] | Somebody got it into his head to call it the “Cam-cam.” | 某人却想把它叫做”小卡摄影” |
[09:36] | Then there was a lot of foot-stomping | 于是就有了各种跳脚 |
[09:37] | and cane-snapping and monocle-smashing. | 折手杖 摔单眼镜 |
[09:39] | Who is your wedding photographer — Mr. Peanut? | 你们的婚礼摄影师是谁 小花生先生吗 |
[09:41] | It’s a director of — | 他是指导 |
[09:42] | – It’s a wedding. – Sorry I’m late. | -婚礼而已 -抱歉我迟到了 |
[09:43] | Jim Perlowe, | 吉姆·博洛 |
[09:44] | this is my sister, Claire Dunphy. | 这是我姐姐 克莱尔·邓菲 |
[09:46] | Hi. A pleasure to meet you. | 你好 很高兴见到你 |
[09:47] | Listen, I went by the construction site this morning, | 我今天早上路过工地了 |
[09:49] | and those condos are gonna be fantastic — | 那些公寓肯定会建得非常棒 |
[09:52] | Assuming, of course, you get the right closets and blinds. | 当然 前提是要有好的衣柜和百叶窗 |
[09:54] | Of cour– appears the meeting has already started, so, okay! | 看来会议已经开始了 那么 好吧 |
[09:56] | Yes, it has! Bye-bye, Mitchell! | 是的开始了 再见 米奇尔 |
[10:00] | – Shall we? – Yes, absolutely! So… | -我们继续吗 -是的 当然 |
[10:05] | Hey, sleepy! | 你好啊小懒虫 |
[10:08] | Long nap today. | 今天午睡得真久 |
[10:08] | Claire must’ve really worn you out at the park, huh? | 你和克莱尔肯定在公园玩得很累吧 |
[10:11] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[10:11] | Do you want to lie down with me, daddy? | 你想和我一起躺着吗 大爸 |
[10:14] | Oh, honey, the day I answer no to that question… | 亲爱的 我拒绝这个要求的那一天 |
[10:18] | …is today. | 就是今天 |
[10:19] | Where are you going? | 你去哪里 |
[10:21] | I got to call daddy. | 我打电话给二爸 |
[10:22] | You should know that it’s not just our low prices | 你应该知道我们的优势不仅在于 |
[10:24] | that set us apart. | 价格低廉 |
[10:25] | It’s our level of experience. | 我们还有丰富的经验 |
[10:28] | You know,I have seen it before | 我以前见过 |
[10:29] | a new guy walks into an irregular-shaped space, | 一个新手走进一个不规则空间 |
[10:32] | and he’s just like, “Ugh! Where do we even start?” | 他会说 我们应该从哪开始呢 |
[10:36] | You start with measurements, maybe. | 从测量开始 也许 |
[10:39] | Hey, Cam, what’s up? | 喂 小卡 什么事 |
[10:40] | Well, it’s official. Someone has lice. | 正式确认某人头上有虱子了 |
[10:42] | Daddy, hug me! | 大爸 抱抱我 |
[10:43] | I would, but remember, the carpet’s hot lava! | 我也想啊 但是要记得这块地毯是岩浆 |
[10:45] | Yeah, hot lava! | 是的 热的岩浆 |
[10:47] | Oh, my god. Are you sure? | 天啊 你确定吗 |
[10:49] | I think so. | 确定 |
[10:50] | Her head sounds like pop rocks. | 她的脑袋跟跳跳糖一样噼啪响 |
[10:52] | You have to warn Claire. | 你得警告克莱尔 |
[10:54] | Daddy, this game is mean. | 大爸 这个游戏不好玩 |
[10:55] | Well, you know what, sweetie? | 你知道吗 亲爱的 |
[10:58] | All right. No. J-just stay calm. | 好吧 不 保持镇定 |
[11:00] | First of all, | 首先 |
[11:01] | if there’s anything that you need from me, | 如果你需要我做什么 |
[11:03] | anything at all, | 不管是什么 |
[11:04] | I will be living at the embassy suites. | 我就住在使馆套房 |
[11:06] | Secondly, there’s — there’s no guarantee | 其次 她也不一定 |
[11:07] | that she has it. | 会被传染上 |
[11:08] | I mean, I’m with her right now. | 我现在就和她在一起 |
[11:10] | I think I’d know. | 如果她有虱子我会知道的 |
[11:14] | Yeah, I think I know. | 好吧 我想我知道了 |
[11:16] | So, as you can see, all of them are modules, | 所以 像你看到的 这些都是模板 |
[11:19] | So they can be customized for each unit — Mitchell! | 他们可以根据各个房间而定制 米奇尔 |
[11:21] | Hey! Hi! | 你们好啊 |
[11:22] | So, claire, I need to talk to you. | 那个 克莱尔 我需要跟你谈谈 |
[11:23] | Yeah, right — right when we’re done. | 是 好 等我们谈完的 |
[11:24] | Just after the meeting. | 等开完会之后 |
[11:26] | We got pine, cedar… | 我们有松木 杉木 |
[11:27] | It’s kind of important. | 这事很重要 |
[11:28] | A-actually, I got to take this call. | 事实上 我得接这个电话 |
[11:29] | – Excuse me. – Okay. | -抱歉 -好的 |
[11:31] | What is going on with you? | 你怎么了 |
[11:32] | Okay, so, you know how you’ve been scratching your head? | 是这样 你发现你一直在挠头了吧 |
[11:34] | Oh, god. Is it that noticeable? | 我的天 有这么明显吗 |
[11:35] | I-I have some kind of nervous tic. | 我有点儿神经性痉挛 |
[11:36] | Yeah, there might be one of those in there, too. | 是 可能也有这个原因 |
[11:38] | Um, so, lily brought home lice from school. | 那个 莉莉在学校染上虱子了 |
[11:41] | What? | 什么 |
[11:42] | Yeah, and, actually, I would’ve told you, | 是的 事实上 我本来想告诉你的 |
[11:43] | but Cam thought that maybe — | 但小卡觉得也许 |
[11:45] | You let me walk around | 你让我顶着 |
[11:46] | with insects gnawing on my skull, | 啃我脑壳的虫子走来走去 |
[11:47] | and you said nothing? | 竟然不告诉我吗 |
[11:49] | Yeah, but, Claire — | 是 但是克莱尔 |
[11:49] | Come here, little rusty. | 给我过来 小迟钝 |
[11:50] | No, listen, you — | 不 你听我说 |
[11:51] | What kind of monster puts their self-interest | 什么样的禽兽为了自身利益 |
[11:54] | ahead of telling another human being | 而不告诉另一个人 |
[11:56] | that they are going to get a parasite infestation? | 他们会被传染寄生虫 |
[11:59] | I feel you would’ve done the same thing. | 我觉得你会做同样的事 |
[12:00] | – Never. – No, Claire, stop it! | -绝不会 -不 克莱尔 住手 |
[12:02] | Uh, I got to get off to another meeting. | 我得出发去开另一个会了 |
[12:04] | But, Claire, let’s just cut to the chase. | 克莱尔 我们别绕圈子了 |
[12:06] | You got my business. | 这件事就交给你 |
[12:06] | Oh, super! | 真是太棒了 |
[12:09] | Oh, I think we’re way past handshakes, huh? | 只是握手显然不够诚意吧 |
[12:20] | Manny, stop disrespecting your ancestors. | 曼尼 给你的祖先们一点敬意 |
[12:23] | It took them 6 1/2 million years to walk upright! | 他们花了650万年才学会直立行走 |
[12:26] | Didn’t you hear the tour guy? | 你没听导览的介绍吗 |
[12:28] | “Duh.” | 当然 |
[12:29] | No, don’t give me that attitude. | 别给我摆这种脸色 |
[12:30] | No, I — why is your face red? | 没有 我 你的脸怎么红了 |
[12:32] | What? | 什么 |
[12:37] | It must be my allergy medication. | 肯定是我的抗过敏药 |
[12:38] | I must be overreacting to it! | 我一定是对药物有过敏反应 |
[12:40] | Um, I’ll get you some water. | 我帮你拿点水吧 |
[12:41] | There’s a fountain right over there. | 那边就有个饮水机 |
[12:44] | Manny, where have you been all day? | 曼尼 你一整天都跑哪儿去了 |
[12:46] | I was in the bird wing. | 我一直在”翼展”区 |
[12:47] | Hilarious they call it that, no? | 这名字起得真不错 对吧 |
[12:49] | Where’s your mom? | 你妈妈呢 |
[12:51] | She was just there. | 她刚刚还在这儿 |
[12:53] | I think she’s hiding. | 她肯定藏起来了 |
[12:54] | She probably saw she and I were wearing the same outfit | 她应该是看到我跟她撞衫了 |
[12:56] | and didn’t want to get outdone…as usual. | 怕被我比下去 一直都这样 |
[12:59] | Uh yeah, maybe. | 也许吧 |
[13:07] | But the important thing | 最重要的是我 |
[13:08] | is that I have fun out there, right? | 能够享受这个过程 对吧 |
[13:10] | Okay, let’s go over this again, | 我们再重复一遍 |
[13:11] | ’cause I feel like you’re not listening. | 因为我觉得你没懂我的意思 |
[13:12] | I need you to win. | 你必须给我赢 |
[13:14] | Hey, Jay. | 杰 你来了 |
[13:15] | Hey, Luke. | 卢克 |
[13:16] | Don’t let your dad get in your head. | 别听你爸的 |
[13:17] | Get out there and do your best. | 尽力就行了 |
[13:19] | All right. | 没问题 |
[13:20] | What the hell was that? | 你到底在想什么 |
[13:21] | He’s wrestling Gil Thorpe’s kid. | 他的对手是格尔·索普的儿子 |
[13:23] | I hate that guy. | 我恨死那家伙了 |
[13:24] | Always trying to make me feel like less of a man. | 总是想方设法让我自惭形秽 |
[13:26] | The guy that took your necklace, right? | 是拿走你的项链的那个家伙吗 |
[13:27] | – My medallion! – Call it what you want. | -那是我的奖牌 -随便你怎么叫 |
[13:29] | I’m just glad I don’t have to help you with the clasp again. | 我只是很高兴不用再帮你戴上它了 |
[13:33] | Jay, are you crying? | 杰 你在哭吗 |
[13:34] | No! | 当然不是 |
[13:35] | Referee sprayed some disinfectant on the mats. | 裁判在座位区喷了消毒剂 |
[13:37] | I got some in my eye. You got a tissue? | 我弄到眼睛里了 你有纸巾吗 |
[13:38] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[13:41] | Keep it. | 送你了 |
[13:42] | It’s my wife’s. | 那是我老婆的 |
[13:44] | – Hey, dad! – Hey, son! | -老爸 -儿子 |
[13:46] | Good to see you. | 你能来真好 |
[13:47] | Uh, the match is about to start… yeah? | 比赛快要开始了 |
[13:49] | …which means it’s about to finish. | 也就是说 快要结束了 |
[13:51] | You see that little petunia he’s wrestling? | 他的对手看起来像棵矮牵牛花 |
[13:55] | Yes. | 没错 |
[13:56] | You know Gil’s dad? | 你认识格尔他爸吗 |
[13:57] | I know he always sees me at my worst. | 他总能看到我最糟糕的时刻 |
[14:00] | I really want this win, Phil. | 这比赛一定要赢 菲尔 |
[14:02] | I can taste it, like metal. | 非常非常想 |
[14:04] | Me, too. Metal. | 我也一样 |
[14:06] | I don’t know what it is with this guy, | 我也搞不懂为什么 |
[14:07] | but no matter what I do, | 但是不管我怎么做 |
[14:08] | I just can’t win with him. | 我就是赢不了他 |
[14:09] | That’s the way I am with his son. | 我跟他儿子也是这样的 |
[14:11] | And Time Warner Cable. | 还有跟时代华纳电视公司打交道的时候 |
[14:12] | It’s emasculating, you know? | 感觉像被阉了一样憋屈 |
[14:13] | I mean, it’s not a feeling a man should have. | 这不是一个男人应该有的感觉 |
[14:15] | Jay, you know what the beginning of “Love” is? | 杰 你知道爱的开头是什么吗 |
[14:17] | Oh, for god’s sake, we’re just talking here. | 上帝啊 我们只不过随便聊聊 |
[14:18] | Why do you always have to make everything | 为什么你总是要 |
[14:19] | bigger than it is?! | 上纲上线 |
[14:21] | L.O. | 你好[Love 爱 的前两个字母] |
[14:22] | Hey, Phil, listen. | 菲尔 听我说 |
[14:23] | Does your pharmacy carry lice shampoo? | 你的药店有卖治虱子的洗发水吗 |
[14:25] | Lily got it at school. | 莉莉在学校被传染了虱子 |
[14:27] | Ooh, away, scary robot! | 走开 吓人的机器人 |
[14:29] | Away! | 走开 |
[14:30] | I can’t breathe. | 我不能呼吸了 |
[14:32] | Well, good. Neither can your hair pets. | 很好 你头上的虫子也不能 |
[14:33] | – What? – Nothing. | -什么 -没事 |
[14:35] | Lily got lice from someone. | 莉莉从什么人身上传染了虱子 |
[14:36] | – Portia. – Who else? | -肯定是波西亚 -还能是谁 |
[14:38] | You know what? Skip the pharmacy. | 别去什么药店了 |
[14:39] | Just — just borrow our lice kit. | 我们那儿有治虱子的东西 |
[14:40] | It’s in the basement. The key’s under the mat. | 在地下室 钥匙在地毯下面 |
[14:42] | Thank you, Phil. Thanks. | 谢谢你 菲尔 谢谢 |
[14:44] | All right! | 好了 |
[14:45] | Enough.. with scary robot! | 可以了 吓人的机器人 |
[14:47] | But who wants to pretend to be a dog and ride in the car? | 谁想扮成一只坐在车上的狗狗 |
[14:50] | I do! | 我 |
[14:50] | Okay! Meet you at the door! | 很好 我们门口见 |
[14:51] | And remember — | 记着 |
[14:52] | we’re gonna keep our head outside the window. | 我们要把头伸出车窗外 |
[14:54] | – Fun! – Yeah, fun! Uh-huh! | -真有趣 -是啊 真有趣 |
[14:56] | Fun. | 真是有趣 |
[14:58] | All right, the match is starting. | 好了 比赛开始了 |
[15:00] | I feel that metal now in my mouth, | 我感觉到对胜利的渴望了 |
[15:01] | like you were saying. | 就像你之前说的一样 |
[15:02] | What if he loses? | 万一他输了怎么办 |
[15:03] | Then we hide our disappointment. | 那也不要表现出失望 |
[15:04] | Follow my lead. I’ve been doing it for years. | 跟我学学 我都装了好多年了 |
[15:06] | The kid needs to know we support him no matter what. | 孩子需要知道我们永远无条件支持他 |
[15:10] | – Come on, Luke! – Luke! | -加油卢克 -卢克加油 |
[15:31] | All right. They’re gone. | 好了 他们走了 |
[15:32] | Okay. Let’s get out of here. | 好 我们赶紧走吧 |
[15:33] | Stay close. | 靠我近点 |
[15:34] | Mom, you’re unbelievable. | 妈 你简直不可理喻[无与伦比] |
[15:36] | Ay, that’s sweet, but I know I look terrible. | 你真会说话 不过我知道我看起来很糟 |
[15:38] | You come down on me for being self-conscious, | 你责备我自我意识太强 |
[15:40] | then you run and hide because your face is red. | 结果你自己因为脸变红了就躲起来 |
[15:42] | You’re right. | 你说得没错 |
[15:43] | I keep blaming the high-school boys | 我一直怪其他高中生 |
[15:45] | for making you self-conscious, | 老是害你难为情 |
[15:47] | and you’re taking after me. | 没想到是我造成的 |
[15:48] | We can assign blame when we’re safely | 等我们躲到安全的地方之后 |
[15:49] | behind our tinted windows. | 再互相指责吧 |
[15:51] | – We’re trapped! – No. | -我们被包围了 -才不是呢 |
[15:53] | When I was in the caveman exhibit, | 当我在洞穴人展区的时候 |
[15:54] | I discovered fire exits. | 我发现了防火出口 |
[15:56] | I’ll explain to you why that’s funny in the car. | 上车以后我再跟你解释好笑在哪里 |
[15:57] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[15:58] | No, Manny. | 不行 曼尼 |
[15:59] | It’s time for me to set a good example for you. | 是时候给你树立一个好榜样了 |
[16:01] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:02] | Mom, what are you doing? | 妈 你要干嘛 |
[16:03] | I’m gonna show you that it’s not important | 我要证明给你看别人的想法 |
[16:05] | what other people think. | 并不重要 |
[16:06] | What is important is that you stay true to yourself. | 重要的是要坚持自我 |
[16:09] | It was the bravest thing my mom had ever done. | 那是我妈妈做过最勇敢的事 |
[16:13] | Hey, everybody! | 大家好 |
[16:14] | Uh, hear my squeaky shoes? | 听到我这个吱吱叫的鞋子了吗 |
[16:17] | Pretty funny, isn’t it? | 太逗了 不是吗 |
[16:18] | That’s right, it’s me — ol’ squeaky shoes. | 是啊 就是我 吱吱鞋 |
[16:21] | Crazy! | 太疯狂了 |
[16:22] | Get a load of that pink shirt. | 瞧瞧他那件粉衬衣 |
[16:23] | Aww, it’s so pretty. | 真是太漂亮了 |
[16:24] | Hey, Manny, nice top. | 曼尼 上衣很美啊 |
[16:26] | Uh, but my shoes! | 但你看我的鞋 |
[16:27] | What about ’em, pink top? | 鞋怎么了 小粉红 |
[16:31] | It was the bravest thing he has ever done. | 那是他做过最勇敢的事情 |
[16:34] | They call me “Pink top.” | 他们叫我小粉红 |
[16:36] | My hero. | 我的英雄 |
[16:37] | Pink top. | 小粉红 |
[16:41] | Hey! Whoo! Good fight! | 比赛太棒了 |
[16:44] | We really blew it with Luke today. | 今天我们搞砸了卢克的比赛 |
[16:46] | How could I do that? | 我怎么可以那样做呢 |
[16:48] | My dad never missed an opportunity to let me know | 我父亲从来不错过任何机会让我知道 |
[16:50] | when I disappointed him, and I do it to my grandkid. | 我让他失望了 我也这么对待我的外孙 |
[16:53] | It’s just as much my fault. | 我也做得不对 |
[16:54] | I’ve seen what having a disapproving father | 在我妻子身上 我清晰地看见了 |
[16:56] | has done to my wife. | 一个不认同她的父亲的危害 |
[16:57] | I should’ve known better. | 我应该做得更好的 |
[16:59] | Dang it. | 该死 |
[17:00] | Buddy, I know you’re upset. | 伙计 我知道你不开心 |
[17:01] | You’ve got every right. | 你绝对有权利那样 |
[17:02] | We made that wrestling match all about our stupid feud. | 我们把自己的争执发泄到摔跤比赛上 |
[17:05] | That was wrong. | 那是不对的 |
[17:06] | Forget about those jerks. | 忘了那些人渣吧 |
[17:07] | We couldn’t be anything but proud of you, | 我们对你的感觉只有自豪 |
[17:09] | just like I’m super proud of your mom. | 就好像我特别为你妈妈感到自豪一样 |
[17:11] | Let’s repair this one first. | 我们先处理眼前这个问题吧 |
[17:13] | We just don’t want you to beat yourself up | 我们只是不想让你因为输了比赛 |
[17:14] | because you lost. | 而感到自责 |
[17:16] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[17:17] | I just started wrestling. | 我刚开始学习摔跤不久 |
[17:18] | Sure, it would’ve been nice to win, but I tried my best. | 当然 能赢固然好 但我尽力了 |
[17:21] | I just said “Dang it” Because I forgot to get a straw. | 我刚刚说”该死” 是因为忘了拿吸管 |
[17:24] | Son of a gun! He’s actually okay. | 臭小子 他竟然没事 |
[17:26] | I don’t buy it. | 我才不信 |
[17:27] | Why? What are you talking about? | 为什么 何出此言 |
[17:28] | No kid lets down his father and grandfather | 没有孩子可以在让父亲和外公失望后 |
[17:31] | and is that okay with it. | 还那么镇定自若 |
[17:32] | He’s burying his feelings. | 他在掩藏情绪 |
[17:33] | Or maybe he’s just raised better than that. | 也许他只是家教比较好 |
[17:35] | He knows it’s pointless to fight other people’s battles. | 他知道参与别人的战争是没有意义的 |
[17:37] | It’s all in the DNA, Phil. | 这是基因里带的 菲尔 |
[17:39] | My old man has a problem with somebody? | 我的老爹跟别人有矛盾的时候 |
[17:41] | Trust me | 相信我 |
[17:41] | I’m looking for that guy’s kid on the schoolyard. | 我就在操场上找那个家伙的孩子了 |
[17:44] | It’s how men work. | 这是男人的处事方式 |
[17:45] | Or used to work. | 曾经的处事方式 |
[17:46] | Maybe those thuggish Pritchett genes | 也许那些嗜血的普里契特基因 |
[17:48] | got mixed with more evolved Dunphy genes, | 混合了一些更先进的邓菲基因 |
[17:49] | resulting in a more elevated human being. | 塑造了一个有着更高尚情操的人类 |
[17:51] | Oh, my god! He’s attacking him! | 天哪 他在攻击他 |
[17:53] | Hey! Hey! Get off my kid! | 放开我的孩子 |
[17:55] | Hey. Hey! Get off my kid! | 你才要放开我的孩子 |
[17:57] | Aah! You get off of my kid! | 是你要放开我的孩子 |
[17:58] | Hey, hey! Get off my daughter’s husband! | 放开我女儿的老公 |
[18:00] | Would it kill you to call me your kid, Jay? | 管我叫你的孩子会死吗 杰 |
[18:04] | Oh, my god. He was saving him. | 天哪 原来他在救他 |
[18:06] | Oh. Have a good day. | 祝你有愉快的一天 |
[18:07] | Well…all’s well that ends well. | 结果好 一切好 |
[18:08] | Yeah, yeah. Here we go. | 是啊 我们走吧 |
[18:10] | Grab a seat, son. | 坐一下 孩子 |
[18:11] | – Move. – Coming in. | -走吧 -这就来 |
[18:12] | I think, uh, probably just a regular burger. | 我想 还是来个普通汉堡吧 |
[18:18] | I can’t see it anymore. You think it’s gone? | 我看不到它了 你觉得它走了吗 |
[18:19] | It could be hiding. | 可能藏起来了 |
[18:21] | I have an idea. | 我有个主意 |
[18:23] | What are you doing?! | 你要干什么 |
[18:24] | I’m gonna create a distraction | 我准备分散它的注意力 |
[18:25] | so that we can make a break for it. | 这样我们可以趁机跑出去 |
[18:27] | Give it a second to warm up. | 给点时间预热 |
[18:29] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:30] | It’s back! | 它回来了 |
[18:35] | Oh, my gosh. | 我的天哪 |
[18:37] | It’s so dark down here. | 这下面太黑了 |
[18:37] | Be careful, sweetie. | 小心点 宝贝 |
[18:49] | What is going on down here?! | 这下面是怎么了 |
[18:55] | All right, I got to admit something right here. | 好吧 我不得不承认 |
[18:57] | You impressed me today, Luke. | 今天你让我很受感动 卢克 |
[18:59] | That kid started choking. | 那个孩子刚刚噎住了 |
[19:00] | You didn’t see a rival or… | 你眼里看到的不是竞争对手 |
[19:03] | …a chance to fight your family’s stupid battles. | 或是一个为自己家族而战的机会 |
[19:05] | You just saw somebody who needed help. | 你看到的是一个需要帮助的人 |
[19:08] | And that makes you the biggest man in this whole car. | 这让你成为了这辆车上最成熟的人 |
[19:12] | You just attacked him, didn’t you? | 你刚刚就是想攻击他 对不对 |
[19:14] | He made that choke sign. | 他表现得像噎住了 |
[19:15] | I thought he was mocking my wrestling. | 我以为他在嘲笑我刚才的比赛 |
[19:19] | – Let’s go ahead and keep that to ourselves. – Yeah. | -这事我们自己知道就可以了 -是的 |
[19:24] | I’ll get it. | 我来开吧 |
[19:24] | Honey, I take back everything I ever said | 亲爱的 我收回之前所说的 |
[19:26] | about this stupid invention. | 所有关于这个发明的评价 |
[19:28] | It has a name | 它有名字的 |
[19:29] | “The real head scratcher, T.M.” | 注册商标 “真感觉挠头器” |
[19:32] | Well, come on in. | 请进 |
[19:35] | Just want to say I’m sorry, “Doofy.” | 就是想跟你道个歉 小邓子 |
[19:36] | And yet you’re still call– | 那你还叫我 |
[19:37] | What your kid did today was amazing. | 今天你孩子的所作所为太棒了 |
[19:39] | No hard feelings, right? | 你不会记恨我的 对吧 |
[19:41] | Hey, Cam, hold off on that thing for a second. | 小卡 手头上的事情先停一下 |
[19:43] | Lily, honey? | 莉莉 亲爱的 |
[19:44] | Are you kidding me? It’s all in good fun. | 你开玩笑吗 一切都好 |
[19:46] | All right. Good. | 那就好 |
[19:47] | Whoa! Who’s this little dumpling? | 这个小可爱是谁啊 |
[19:48] | Only my niece. | 是我的侄女 |
[19:50] | If there’s one thing she loves, it’s piggy-back. | 她最爱别人把她背在背上 |
[19:52] | No, I don’t. | 我没有啊 |
[19:53] | Yep! Hop on up there! | 有 快上来 |
[19:55] | All right! | 好吧 |
[19:57] | Who’s this man? | 这人是谁 |
[19:58] | You can call me uncle Gil! | 你可以叫我格尔叔叔 |
[19:59] | Uncle Gil! | 格尔叔叔 |
[20:00] | You two look great together! | 你们两个看起来很和谐 |
[20:02] | Get in there! Yeah! | 抱好了 对了 |
[20:05] | I’m telling you, these little buggers love me. | 我跟你说 这些小家伙最喜欢我了 |
[20:07] | That’s the plan! Yeah! | 要的就是这个效果 |