时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Well, how do I look? | 我看起来怎么样 |
[00:06] | Big day. I’m going to see Alex. | 非常重要的一天 我要去见艾丽克斯 |
[00:08] | I’m, uh — I’m a little nervous | 我 我有点紧张 |
[00:11] | because she’s been pulling away lately. | 因为她最近有点疏远我们 |
[00:14] | Calls don’t get returned. | 打电话也不回 |
[00:14] | I don’t get asked to visit as much. | 也不像以前那样经常要我去看她了 |
[00:18] | Maybe it’s hitting me hard | 我有点承受不来 |
[00:18] | ’cause I never went through that with my dad. | 可能是因为我和我爸从没有过类似情况 |
[00:20] | After my junior year, | 我上完第一年 |
[00:21] | we — we rode a tandem bike across Mykonos. | 我们一起骑双人自行车穿过米克诺斯岛 |
[00:23] | Come to think of it, | 仔细想想 |
[00:24] | there were lots of fathers and sons there. | 那里有好多父子 |
[00:27] | Phil, sit. | 菲尔 坐下 |
[00:28] | We need to talk about the ducks. | 我们得谈谈鸭子的事情 |
[00:31] | We hate the ducks. | 我们讨厌那些鸭子 |
[00:42] | Again? You have a problem. | 又来 你有麻烦了 |
[00:46] | I’m hearing a lot of negatives, | 我听到不少抱怨 |
[00:47] | but we’re overlooking the fact that Feathers can now fetch. | 但我们都忽略了小羽会捡东西的事实 |
[00:49] | Honey, she pulled a wet hot dog bun out of the sink, | 亲爱的 它从水槽拖出了个湿漉漉的热狗面包 |
[00:51] | and you said, “get the bun.” | 然后你才说”去捡面包” |
[00:52] | That doesn’t count as fetching. | 那可不算是捡东西 |
[00:54] | Please tell me they’re not gonna live here forever. | 拜托别告诉它们要一直待在这里 |
[00:56] | You’re really not the one to make that argument. | 你可不配说这个 |
[00:58] | Oh, like you’re not gonna | 说得你好像不会 |
[00:58] | die of natural causes in that bunk bed upstairs. | 睡在楼上那张双层床直到老死一样 |
[01:00] | Look, we have provided them with a good home. | 听着 我们给了它们一个美好的家 |
[01:03] | When they’re ready, they’ll leave. | 等它们准备好了 自然就会走了 |
[01:05] | Could be any day. | 随时有可能 |
[01:06] | Oh, and in the duck’s defense, Claire, | 顺便替鸭子说句公道话 克莱尔 |
[01:08] | You can’t stick your leg out of your robe at breakfast | 你不能在吃早饭时故意把腿露在外面 |
[01:10] | and then pretend to hate the attention. | 然后还假装讨厌别人看你 |
[01:13] | Why didn’t you fight harder about the ducks? | 你怎么没有努力抗争一下 |
[01:15] | You heard what he said. | 你听到他说了的吧 |
[01:16] | The ducks could leave any day now. | 鸭子现在随时都有可能离开 |
[01:19] | Yeah, or it could be two months from now. | 是啊 也可能要到两个月后 |
[01:21] | Or any day now. | 或者现在随时 |
[01:23] | Or a month and a half fr– | 或者一个多月… |
[01:24] | How are you not getting this? | 你怎么就不明白呢 |
[01:39] | Mitch called. He wants to know when are you bringing | 米奇打电话问你什么时候把充气床垫带过去 |
[01:41] | the air mattress for Lily’s sleepover. | 好让莉莉的朋友来家里过夜 |
[01:43] | You know, for a guy who refuses to buy his own air mattresses, | 对于一个不肯自己买充气床垫的人来说 |
[01:45] | he’s pretty particular about when they arrive. | 他倒是很挑剔气垫什么时候送到啊 |
[01:47] | No, no! Don’t eat my sauce. | 不不不 别吃我的酱 |
[01:49] | Then I won’t have enough to sell at the farmers’ market. | 吃了就不够我拿去农夫市场上卖了 |
[01:51] | No. Oh, geez. Not the fat finger. | 别 天哪 别戳我的嘟嘟肉 |
[01:53] | You always do this when I put on a few. | 你总爱在我长胖时这么戳戳戳 |
[01:56] | I didn’t say anything. | 我可什么都没说 |
[01:57] | It’s not what you say. | 你说没说什么不重要 |
[01:58] | It’s that damn lard dipstick finger of yours. | 是你这该死的量油尺般的手指 |
[02:00] | It disappeared up to the second knuckle. | 第二指关节都陷进去了 |
[02:03] | Well, now that that’s over with, | 既然你们说完了 |
[02:04] | I can finally share my latest football-related problem. | 我可以跟你们聊聊跟橄榄球有关的问题了吧 |
[02:06] | Mitchell’s right. I should probably get a move on. | 米奇尔说得对 也许我是该送过去了 |
[02:08] | The team left me out of the end-of-the-season prank. | 球队没有带我一起搞季末恶作剧 |
[02:10] | You know, that takes me back. | 这让我想起了以前 |
[02:12] | We told the school board that coach Davis was a communist. | 我们跟学校董事会告状说戴维斯教练是个共产党 |
[02:15] | The man spent a weekend in jail. | 结果害那家伙吃了两天牢饭 |
[02:17] | Simpler times. | 多么简单粗暴 |
[02:18] | Well, that’s better than what these meatheads cooked up. | 那也比这些个白痴干的好啊 |
[02:20] | They just parked the principal’s car | 他们只不过把校长的车 |
[02:21] | in the middle of the basketball court. | 停在了篮球场中央 |
[02:24] | That’s not where cars go. | 不应该把车停那里啊 |
[02:27] | Why didn’t those meatballs include you? | 这些混蛋为什么不带上你 |
[02:29] | They think I’m a goody-two-shoes. | 他们嫌我自命清高 |
[02:32] | I’m not. | 我没有啊 |
[02:34] | My own mother? | 连我自己老妈都这么说吗 |
[02:35] | Ay, I’m just saying it wouldn’t kill you to break some rules. | 我只说你偶尔犯点法也不会怎么样 |
[02:37] | You’re a minor. Take advantage of it. | 你是个未成年人 要好好利用这一点 |
[02:39] | I break the rules. | 我也会犯法啊 |
[02:40] | I just prefer to be suave, do it with panache and finesse. | 我只是喜欢考究点的 要有派头又有手段的 |
[02:43] | Ay, those are American shampoos. I know. | 那些是美国的洗发水 我知道 |
[02:46] | Y’all ready for this? | 准备好听这个消息了吗 |
[02:48] | I got our sauce | 我把我们的酱 |
[02:49] | into The Granddaddy of All Holiday gift baskets. | 推销给了老爷爷节日礼品篮[礼品篮业的老祖] |
[02:52] | Which one? | 哪一个 |
[02:53] | It’s called Granddaddy’s Holiday Gift Baskets. | 就叫做老爷爷节日礼品篮 |
[02:55] | Very exclusive. | 非常高级 |
[02:56] | They want 150 jars… | 他们要150罐 |
[02:59] | 6 o’clock tonight. | 今晚六点就要 |
[03:00] | No! It’s too much sauce for too little time. | 不行 这么短时间内做不出那么多啊 |
[03:02] | And anyways, I don’t have the key ingredient — | 而且我也没有关键食材了 |
[03:04] | The blood peppers. | 大红椒 |
[03:06] | And my cousin can’t send me more | 我的堂兄要到下礼拜 |
[03:07] | from Colombia until next week. | 才能从哥伦比亚给我寄过来 |
[03:08] | One spicy step ahead of you. | 比你早想到一步啦 |
[03:10] | Enter the Serrano pepper! | 有请塞拉诺辣椒 |
[03:13] | No one will know the difference. | 没人会知道区别的 |
[03:15] | I will. | 我能 |
[03:16] | This sauce is part of my heritage. | 这酱是我继承传统的一部分 |
[03:18] | I cannot turn my back on who I am. | 我不能背弃我的身份 |
[03:20] | Didn’t your hair used to be darker? | 你的头发以前不是更深色一点吗 |
[03:22] | I’m just saying | 我是说 |
[03:23] | this is a great opportunity for our sauce. | 这是推销我们的酱的大好时期 |
[03:27] | “Our sauce”? | 我们的酱 |
[03:28] | All of a sudden, Cam is calling it “our sauce”? | 突然间 小卡管它叫”我们的酱”了 |
[03:31] | I got that recipe from my great aunt | 这个配方是我伯祖母给我的 |
[03:33] | who got it from her mother who stole it from a blind maid. | 那可是她母亲从一个瞎女仆那里偷来后给她的 |
[03:37] | How dare he. | 他怎么敢这么说 |
[03:38] | Fine. We’ll just go get some blood peppers. | 好吧 我们就去弄点大红椒 |
[03:41] | They’re impossible to get. | 不可能买到的 |
[03:43] | Unless you’re willing to break some rules. | 除非你愿意犯点法 |
[03:46] | Why are we back on your thing again? | 我们为什么说回你的事情了 |
[03:48] | They just so happen to grow blood peppers | 正好有人在植物园里 |
[03:50] | at the botanical gardens. | 种了大红椒 |
[03:51] | Great. Let’s go. | 太好了 我们走吧 |
[03:52] | You’re adorable. | 你太天真了 |
[03:53] | We’re talking rare flora in a secure location. | 我说的可是有被严密保护起来的珍稀植物 |
[03:55] | Okay, so, then what do we do? | 好吧 要怎么做 |
[03:57] | First, apologize for calling me a goody-goody, | 首先 为说我是个乖宝宝道歉 |
[03:59] | because I’m about to lay out a plan so daring | 因为我要说的这个计划 |
[04:01] | that the two of you may not have the guts to follow it. | 大胆到你们俩可能都不敢进行下去 |
[04:04] | Should I take my knife? | 我要带刀吗 |
[04:05] | I have my baseball bat in my car. | 我车里有棒球棒 |
[04:07] | Okay, we’re stealing a pepper, | 好了 我们要偷的是辣椒 |
[04:08] | not teaching its family a lesson. | 不是要教训它家人 |
[04:10] | Uh, okay. | 好吧 |
[04:12] | I noticed a few of your professors | 我注意到你们的一些教授 |
[04:13] | in those mouth-controlled wheelchairs. | 坐在那种嘴巴控制的轮椅上 |
[04:15] | I think some of them are just faking it to try and look cool. | 我觉得他们有的只是假装看起来酷一点而已吧 |
[04:18] | Domo Arigato, Mr. Robotics lab! | 我的个老天 机器人先生实验室 |
[04:22] | What?! | 什么 |
[04:22] | Yeah. Come check out these gloves. They’re awesome. | 对啊 来试试这里的手套 超赞 |
[04:25] | Any movement, even the slightest motion, | 任何动作 即便是最轻微的动作 |
[04:27] | will be mirrored by the robotic hands. | 这些机器手都可以照做 |
[04:30] | Possible applications are bomb defusement, | 可能应用于拆弹 |
[04:32] | nuclear reactor repair, and remote neurosurgery. | 核反应堆修复和远程神经手术 |
[04:35] | What has two thumbs and any lady robot he wants? | 谁只用双指就能征服每一个女机器人呢 |
[04:38] | This guy. | 这家伙 |
[04:39] | Dad, this isn’t a toy. | 老爸 这不是玩具 |
[04:40] | Hello, my loyal robot subjects. | 你们好 我忠实的机器仆臣 |
[04:45] | Dad? | 老爸 |
[04:46] | Jazz hands! | 爵士手 |
[04:47] | The other robots are staring! | 其他机器人在看呢 |
[04:48] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | 对不起 对不起 |
[04:51] | So, what’s going on at home? | 最近家里怎么样 |
[04:54] | Well, Haley and Luke aren’t around much. | 海莉和卢克也不怎么在家 |
[04:56] | Meanwhile, the ducks are awesome and nobody gets it. | 而且鸭子超赞的 但是没人懂 |
[04:58] | You wouldn’t believe this, but one of them can fetch. | 说了你可能不信 但有一只鸭子会捡东西了 |
[05:00] | Of course I believe it. | 我当然信 |
[05:01] | One of my professors | 我的一位教授 |
[05:02] | taught a chimpanzee how to play the saxophone. | 教会一只猩猩演奏萨克斯风 |
[05:04] | We all think he’s great, but he only plays jazz, | 我们都觉得很厉害 但是它只会演奏爵士 |
[05:07] | so there’s no way to tell. | 所以说不定也就那样了 |
[05:08] | Tell me about these fellas. | 跟我说说这些家伙 |
[05:10] | Well, this one’s being developed for the military. | 这个是为军队设计的 |
[05:12] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[05:13] | What about this adorable guy? Hello, switch. | 那这个可爱的男孩子呢 开关你好 击个掌 |
[05:15] | Oh, no! Dad, don’t press that. | 不 爸爸 别按那个 |
[05:16] | Oh, he’s just going for a little walk. | 他只是去散个步 |
[05:18] | The master switch! | 总开关 |
[05:19] | The what? | 你说啥 |
[05:22] | No, no, no! | 不 不 |
[05:23] | Oh, my god. | 天哪 |
[05:24] | It’s happening! | 真的发生了 |
[05:25] | They’re rising up! | 它们造反了 |
[05:27] | Turn off! | 快关掉 |
[05:28] | I command you to turn off! | 我命令你们关掉 |
[05:29] | It’s not working! | 关不掉了 |
[05:30] | I’m on your side! | 我站在你这边 |
[05:31] | Why would you do that?! | 你为什么要那么做 |
[05:32] | I don’t know what I was thinking! | 我不知道自己在想什么 |
[05:34] | I’m so sorry. | 真对不起 |
[05:39] | Great. Now the captain of the football team hates me. | 很好 现在橄榄球队队长讨厌我了 |
[05:47] | Okay, follow my plan to the letter, | 听好 仔细按我说的做 |
[05:49] | and in 10 minutes, we’ll have peppers in hand. | 这样十分钟后辣椒就能到手了 |
[05:51] | It’s Saturday. | 今天是周六 |
[05:52] | William will be working the Rose Garden. | 威廉会在玫瑰园工作 |
[05:54] | Fortunately, he’ll be distracted. | 幸运的是 他不会注意到的 |
[05:56] | Right now, the aphids have the upper hand. | 现在 他眼里只有瓢虫 |
[05:58] | Cam, when you reach the stream, | 小卡 到了溪边之后 |
[06:00] | follow it south southeast to the Hummingbird Exhibit. | 沿着溪边朝东南方向到达蜂鸟展示园 |
[06:03] | Interact with no one. | 不要跟任何人交流 |
[06:04] | Excuse me. Could you take this for us? | 不好意思 能给我们照张相吗 |
[06:06] | Oh, guess I have a second. | 这个时间我还是有的 |
[06:10] | Took a picture of myself. | 我自拍了一张 |
[06:12] | Oh, and now it’s your wallpaper. | 现在成你的墙纸了 |
[06:14] | Mom, to avoid detection, take a circuitous route | 老妈 以免被人怀疑 多绕点路 |
[06:17] | to the Edmund and Miriam Rabinowitz Pepper Patch. | 去艾德蒙及米里亚姆拉比诺维茨辣椒园 |
[06:22] | Take me to the blood peppers. | 带我去大红椒那边 |
[06:26] | I’ll re-route the senior citizens’ tour… | 我去引开老年参观团 |
[06:28] | You’ve already been this way. You loved it. | 你们已经参观过这边了 而且很满意 |
[06:31] | so they’re not around when you arrive at the peppers. | 这样你们到辣椒那边时他们不会出现 |
[06:36] | Go away, boy. | 退下 少年 |
[06:37] | Be on alert. There may be added security. | 小心 可能会有额外警备 |
[06:44] | How exhilarating. | 真刺激 |
[06:46] | I didn’t know there was a caper in our sauce. | 我都不知道我们的酱里还放了酸豆 |
[06:48] | How could you? | 你怎么可能知道 |
[06:49] | It’s not your recipe. | 配方又不是你的 |
[06:52] | Hey, girls. How about a snack? | 女孩们 要不要吃点零食 |
[06:57] | I’m hosting a sleepover for Lily’s Vietnamese dance troupe. | 莉莉的越南舞蹈队要来我们家过夜 |
[06:59] | We want her to be more in touch with her heritage, | 我们希望她能更亲近自己的传统 |
[07:02] | but breaking the ice with the other parents | 可是跟其他父母打交道 |
[07:03] | has been a little tough. | 稍微有点困难 |
[07:05] | Cam and I are the only white parents, | 小卡和我是父母中唯一一对白人 |
[07:07] | the only gay parents, | 唯一一对同性爱人 |
[07:08] | the only parents that find us funny. | 也是唯一觉得我们有意思的 |
[07:12] | Come on in, Patricia, Ms. Tran. | 快请进 帕特里夏 陈女士 |
[07:14] | The girls are in Lily’s room. | 女孩们都在莉莉的房间 |
[07:16] | Oh, this is a fun coincidence. | 真是有趣的巧合 |
[07:17] | We actually had a couple Trans over for dinner last ni– | 我们昨晚刚跟另外一对陈夫妇一起吃过晚饭 |
[07:21] | The hardest nut to crack | 最难打交道的当属 |
[07:23] | has been little Patricia Tran’s mother. | 小帕特里夏·陈的妈妈 |
[07:25] | I didn’t try her homemade pho at a potluck once, | 有次家庭聚餐我没有吃她亲手做的越南粉 |
[07:28] | and now she doesn’t like me. | 所以她现在讨厌我了 |
[07:30] | You could say it was a little bit of a pho pa. | 简直可以说是”掉粉” |
[07:33] | Hello. | 你好 |
[07:34] | – Your husband? – My dad. | -你老公吗 -我爸 |
[07:35] | And I prefer brunettes, without beards. | 我更喜欢深色头发没有小胡子的 |
[07:38] | I like women. | 我喜欢女人 |
[07:39] | I’ll bring Patricia’s medicine over later. | 我晚点会把帕特里夏的药拿来 |
[07:43] | My purse. | 我的手袋 |
[07:46] | She seems nice. | 她人看着挺好的 |
[07:48] | Hey, Grandpa! | 外公 |
[07:49] | Hi, sweetheart! | 亲爱的 |
[07:50] | Little tip — you might want the girls | 小贴士 你可以让这些女孩们 |
[07:52] | to blow up these air mattresses, | 把充气床吹起来 |
[07:53] | tire them out a little bit. | 先消耗一点她们的精力 |
[07:54] | Oh, I’m not trying to tire them out. | 我没想过消耗她们的精力 |
[07:56] | No. I’m the fun dad, okay? | 不 我是个有趣的老爸 |
[07:57] | I want them to have a good time. | 我希望她们玩得开心 |
[07:58] | That’s a rookie mistake. | 典型新手错误 |
[07:59] | When you and Claire were kids, | 你和克莱尔还小的时候 |
[08:00] | I was the sleepover champ, undefeated. | 我是过夜派对之王 未尝败绩 |
[08:02] | There was never a kid that was awake later than 7:30. | 所有孩子都会在7点半之前睡着 |
[08:04] | Oh, no. I remember my 10th birthday. | 不 我记得我十岁生日那天 |
[08:06] | You let us wash your car, | 你让我们给你洗车 |
[08:07] | and then we carried the grandfather clock to the dump. | 然后还把落地钟抬去丢掉了 |
[08:09] | Yeah, sun exposure plays a big part. | 晒太阳很重要 |
[08:11] | What’s this stuff? | 这些是什么 |
[08:12] | Uh, Mom, uh, mailed me a bunch of stuff from her garage. | 老妈给我寄了不少她车库里的东西 |
[08:15] | She thought I might like a VCR and a bunch of old tapes. | 她觉得我可能喜欢旧录像带 |
[08:17] | Sweet of Dede to mail you her garbage. | 迪迪给你寄垃圾真让人感动 |
[08:19] | “Jane Fonda Complete Workouts,” “It’s Not You, It’s Him”, | 《简·方达健身全集》《不是你 是他》 |
[08:22] | “Cooking with Chocolate.” | 《巧克力烹饪大全》 |
[08:23] | Pretty much the ARC of our whole marriage. | 基本上就是我们整个婚姻的艾前综合征 |
[08:25] | Listen, if you’re smart, | 听着 如果你够聪明 |
[08:27] | you’ll let the girls walk this stuff down to Goodwill. | 你会让女孩们把这些搬去捐掉 |
[08:29] | Or I could provide a fun, entertaining evening | 或者我可以为我女儿的童年 |
[08:31] | that will only enrich my daughter’s childhood. | 创造一个有趣的夜晚 |
[08:34] | Daddy, will you judge our screaming contest? | 二爸 你能做我们尖叫比赛的评委吗 |
[08:36] | Of course he will! Hit it, girls! | 当然了 加油哦 女孩们 |
[08:40] | Okay! You won. You all won. It’s a tie. | 好吧 你们赢了 你们都赢了 平手 |
[08:43] | Oh, honey, I am so sorry about what happened in there. | 亲爱的 刚刚的事我真的很抱歉 |
[08:47] | Don’t worry about me, but, you know, | 不用担心我 不过 |
[08:48] | those robots are programmed to hold a grudge. | 那些机器人的程序会让它们记仇 |
[08:52] | Not how I wanted this to go. | 不过跟我计划的不同 |
[08:54] | Probably gonna be a while | 大概要过很久 |
[08:54] | before I get invited back here, huh? | 我才会再被邀请来这了吧 |
[08:56] | Dad, it’s okay. | 老爸 没关系 |
[08:58] | You’re probably going to be seeing me a lot more, | 反正你也会更常见到我 |
[09:00] | considering I want to move back home | 因为我打算搬回家 |
[09:02] | and commute to school next semester. | 下学期走读 |
[09:05] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[09:06] | Yeah. It’s only a half-hour drive. | 是啊 反正开车只要半小时 |
[09:09] | Are you mad? | 你生气了吗 |
[09:10] | Mad? Are you kidding me? I’m thrilled. | 生气 怎么可能 我好兴奋 |
[09:12] | You know how much I miss you. | 我超级想你的 |
[09:14] | We could have our own robot lab in the garage. | 我们可以在车库里建自己的机器人实验室 |
[09:16] | How much could that possibly cost? | 那得花多少钱啊 |
[09:19] | But, uh — but why? Did something happen? | 可是 为什么呢 发生什么事了 |
[09:22] | No, it’s just — | 没有 只是… |
[09:25] | Ugh, the people here are all so immature. | 这里的人太幼稚了 |
[09:27] | They are always banging on your door | 他们老是用啤酒杯装着玛格丽特 |
[09:28] | with a beaker full of margaritas, and… | 来敲你的门 而且… |
[09:31] | The nerd noise is deafening. | 那群书呆子烦得要命 |
[09:34] | Did you bring those noise-canceling headphones I asked mom for? | 你把我让老妈准备的降噪耳罩带来了吗 |
[09:36] | Oh, I am so sorry. I forgot. | 抱歉 我忘了 |
[09:39] | Sometimes my brain cancels out your mom’s noise. | 有时候我大脑会自动过滤你妈说的话 |
[09:41] | I’ll, uh — I’ll pick some up | 你上课的时候我去买一个 |
[09:43] | while you’re in class and then drop them by the dorm. | 然后给你放到寝室来 |
[09:45] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[09:46] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[09:48] | Cannon Ball tonight. Don’t miss it. | 今晚是加农炮之夜 别错过哦 |
[09:49] | Oh, no, no. Thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[09:51] | What’s that about? | 那是什么 |
[09:52] | Oh, it’s just some stupid tradition where, | 这里的一个愚蠢的传统 |
[09:54] | at the end of the semester, | 每学期结束的时候 |
[09:55] | all the freshmen jump off a high dive | 所有大一生都要穿着晚礼服裙 |
[09:57] | in cheesy prom dresses. | 高台跳水 |
[09:58] | Oh, that could be fun. | 应该很有趣 |
[10:00] | It definitely won’t be. | 肯定不会 |
[10:01] | Well, maybe if you give it a chance… | 不如你去试试看… |
[10:03] | No. You know what, Dad? | 不 老爸 我告诉你 |
[10:04] | I-I-I did. | 我去过了 |
[10:05] | I’ve — I’ve already been to like 10 parties, | 我已经去过大概十个派对 |
[10:07] | and they’re all lame. | 都很无聊 |
[10:08] | Everyone just talks to their own dorm mate. | 每个人都只跟自己室友聊天 |
[10:10] | Sweetie, sometimes it takes a while to warm up to people. | 亲爱的 有时候融入人群中是需要时间的 |
[10:13] | What is this about? Do you not want me to come home? | 讲这些干嘛 你不想让我回家吗 |
[10:15] | Is that what this is? | 是因为这样吗 |
[10:17] | Because, fine, I’ll just go get an apartment off campus. | 我自己在校园外租个公寓好了 |
[10:20] | Alex, don’t get mad. | 艾丽克斯 别生气 |
[10:21] | Well, I am mad. | 我气坏了 |
[10:22] | Because I’m actually smart enough | 因为我真的有自知之明 |
[10:24] | to know what’s working for me and what isn’t, | 我能看出什么适合我什么不适合 |
[10:25] | And this isn’t. | 而这个就不适合 |
[10:28] | I have to go to class. | 我要去上课了 |
[10:30] | Heads up! Watch out! | 小心 当心 |
[10:34] | How’d he do that? | 这也太神了吧 |
[10:37] | Mitchell? | 米奇尔 |
[10:38] | In the kitchen, grandpa! | 在厨房 外公 |
[10:41] | Vietnamese girls and a man in makeup. | 越南女孩和一个浓妆男人 |
[10:43] | When does Bob Hope take the stage? | 鲍勃·霍普什么时候出来表演 |
[10:44] | Delightful. | 真会说笑 |
[10:45] | You’re good to go on the air mattresses. | 充气床垫弄好了 |
[10:48] | Good luck with the sleepover. | 祝你今晚好运 |
[10:52] | Yes, Ma’am? | 怎么了 女士 |
[10:53] | I don’t want to be the fun dad anymore. | 我不想再当有趣老爸了 |
[10:55] | I need to knock these girls out quick. | 我想让这些女孩快点累趴下 |
[10:57] | Teach me. | 快教我 |
[11:01] | Let’s go, ladies! Reach to the sky! | 开始吧 女士们 伸高点 |
[11:04] | How are you better at this than Jane Fonda? | 为什么你比简·方达还擅长这个 |
[11:05] | Mitchell, you can’t talk | 米奇尔 你要是讲话 |
[11:06] | and feel the burn at the same time. | 就感受不到脂肪燃烧了 |
[11:09] | Donkey-kick like you mean it, Jennifer. | 使劲向外踢 珍妮弗 |
[11:11] | I’m just curious, because this tape was on its way to Goodwill, | 我很好奇 这带子应该在前往慈善机构的路上 |
[11:13] | and all of a sudden, you pulled it out of your back pocket. | 可突然间 你却从后口袋把它掏出来了 |
[11:15] | I put on a couple of extra pounds, | 我胖了几斤 |
[11:16] | and Jane got me out of a similar situation in the ’80s. | 简曾在八十年代帮我解决了这个问题 |
[11:19] | Please tell me you were wearing leg warmers. | 你当时不会穿了暖腿套[女性瘦身操道具]吧 |
[11:21] | Leave me alone. | 别烦我 |
[11:22] | We got this, girls. March it out. | 我们行的 孩子们 踏起步来 |
[11:25] | Well, for whatever it’s worth, Dad, I didn’t notice. | 且不论值不值 老爸 我是没看出来你胖了 |
[11:27] | Gloria did. | 歌洛莉亚看出来了 |
[11:28] | She did that little poke thing to my spare tire. | 她用手戳了我肚子上的嘟嘟肉 |
[11:31] | Lily, keep the beat. | 莉莉 保持节奏 |
[11:32] | I hate to admit it, but it bugged the hell out of me. | 我很不想承认 但这真的烦死我了 |
[11:35] | Kim-ly, we’re punching and we’re stepping. | 金丽 这才是出拳和迈步的节奏 |
[11:38] | Care to join us? | 能不能跟上 |
[11:40] | So, I figured I’d do this workout every damn day of the week | 我觉得我要每天都做这个锻炼 |
[11:44] | until I was nothing but abs, buns, and thighs. | 直到我的肚臀腿遍布筋肉 |
[11:47] | Work your glutes, Tiffany! | 屁股动起来 蒂芙尼 |
[11:48] | This is your problem area. | 这正是你要减的部位 |
[11:50] | Okay, Dad, no offense, but I’ve been listening | 好吧 老爸 无意冒犯 |
[11:52] | to you whine about gaining and losing the same 10 pounds | 但是自从你60岁时 |
[11:55] | since, at age 60, | 娶了世界上最漂亮的女人后 |
[11:56] | you married the most beautiful woman in the world. | 我就一直在听你讲这得而复失的几斤体重 |
[11:58] | And while I appreciate what might be the rich-white-mannest | 尽管我能理解这是有钱白人烦恼中 |
[12:01] | of rich-white-man problems, | 最有”有钱白人”特点的问题 |
[12:02] | this tape is only energizing these little girls. | 但这带子硬是把这些小女孩弄兴奋了 |
[12:05] | This is boring. | 这好无聊 |
[12:06] | Let’s go and build a fort in my room. | 我们去我房间搭堡垒吧 |
[12:09] | So, what? You’re just gonna give up? | 所以怎样 你就这样放弃了 |
[12:11] | You got to know when to surrender. | 人得知道什么时候投降 |
[12:11] | No, sir. | 不 长官 |
[12:12] | I’m not losing to the Vietnamese twice in a lifetime. | 我可不想一生两次输给越南人 |
[12:15] | Get up. | 快起来 |
[12:16] | No man left behind. | 谁都不能被落下[美军格言] |
[12:18] | Look at this golf course. It’s a beautiful home for ducks. | 看这高尔夫球场 这会是鸭子们的美丽家园 |
[12:22] | Okay, now, who’s gonna help me | 来 谁要帮我 |
[12:24] | set these little suckers free, huh? | 把这些小混蛋放生了 |
[12:25] | – You do it. – I’m good. | -你放吧 -我不要 |
[12:26] | Oh, come on. | 给点力啊 |
[12:28] | We all hate the ducks. We all want them gone. | 我们都讨厌这些鸭子 想让他们消失啊 |
[12:30] | Why do I have to be the bad guy? | 为什么我就得当那坏人呢 |
[12:32] | I don’t know. Why am I the pretty one? | 我不知道 为什么我就负责貌美如花呢 |
[12:33] | We all have our thing. | 我们都各有所长 |
[12:34] | Fine. Fine. I’ll do it. | 好吧 好吧 我来吧 |
[12:38] | Get on out there. There you go. You’re free. Okay. | 快出来 这就好了 你们自由了 |
[12:41] | Why aren’t they going anywhere? | 他们怎么哪儿都不去呢 |
[12:43] | Well, Miss Thing over there is still getting herself ready. | 自恋小姐还在那儿做准备呢 |
[12:45] | I swear she spent all morning | 我发誓她一早上 |
[12:47] | looking at her reflection in the water bowl. | 都在欣赏自己在碗里的倒影呢 |
[12:49] | How about that weirdo? | 那只怪胎呢 |
[12:50] | Did you see when he got his bill stuck in his cage yesterday? | 你们昨天有看到他嘴巴卡在笼子上了吗 |
[12:53] | What a sweet little dope. | 多可爱的小笨蛋啊 |
[12:54] | I know. He’s lucky his sister is so smart. | 我知道 还好他有个聪明的姐姐 |
[12:57] | You know, she figured out how to unlatch the cage | 她弄清了怎么打开笼子 |
[12:59] | and set him free. | 放他自由 |
[13:03] | Oh, my god. | 我的天啊 |
[13:05] | Do you guys see what’s happening? | 你们明白这是什么情况了吗 |
[13:07] | – No. – Of course you don’t. | -没 -你们当然没看出来 |
[13:09] | The reason why your dad is so attached to these ducks | 你爸之所以这么痴迷于这些鸭子 |
[13:11] | is they remind him of you guys. | 是因为鸭子让他想起了你们 |
[13:13] | We got to get them home. | 我们得把他们带回家 |
[13:15] | They’re gone. | 他们不见了 |
[13:16] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[13:18] | Where are they? | 他们去哪儿了 |
[13:20] | Oh, God. | 天哪 |
[13:22] | What the hell? | 搞什么 |
[13:23] | Does everyone get rid of their ducks here? | 难道大家都把鸭子扔到这里吗 |
[13:31] | Can’t we just pick any three? | 我们能随便抓三只吗 |
[13:33] | Your father will know immediately. | 你爸一眼就会看出来的 |
[13:35] | Look. I think that might be the dumb Luke duck. | 看 我觉得那只是卢克小笨鸭 |
[13:37] | The one entertaining the others? | 在逗其他鸭子乐的那只吗 |
[13:40] | His head is caught in the Fritos bag. | 它的头被零食袋套住了 |
[13:42] | – Isn’t that your duck? – Where? | -那不是你的鸭吗 -哪里 |
[13:43] | The one pushing oats around with its beak, pretending to eat. | 那只用鸭嘴来回捣鼓麦子 想吃又不敢吃 |
[13:47] | All right. That’s it. Go get your ducks. Go. | 那就是了 去把鸭子抓回来 快去 |
[13:48] | What? No. It is filthy and filmy. | 什么 不 水里又脏又浑的 |
[13:50] | And that’s before Luke even gets in it. | 而且卢克都还没下去呢 |
[13:52] | What’s the point in getting two ducks | 要是抓不到第三只鸭子 |
[13:53] | if we don’t have the third one? | 抓来两只又有什么用呢 |
[13:54] | And how are we supposed to find the Alex duck? | 我们要怎么找到艾丽克斯那只鸭呢 |
[13:56] | Wait until New Year’s Eve and see which one stays home? | 等到新年前夕 看看哪只待在家 |
[13:58] | No. No. You’re right. | 不 不 你说对了 |
[14:00] | We are not going home without all three ducks. | 我们要集齐三只鸭子才能回家 |
[14:02] | Hang on. Let’s see if your dad was right. | 等等 看看你爸说的是不是真的 |
[14:06] | Feather. | 小羽 |
[14:06] | Feather. Fetch. | 小羽 快去捡 |
[14:12] | No way. | 怎么可能 |
[14:13] | Don’t just stand there. Get your ducks. | 不要干站着 快去抓你们的鸭子 |
[14:15] | I just spent a week’s salary on these shoes. | 我刚花了一周的薪水买的这双鞋 |
[14:17] | I’m not — oh, look at those big brown eyes. | 我才不 瞧那双棕色的大眼睛 |
[14:19] | They take up half her face! | 占了她半张脸呢 |
[14:21] | I’m coming, princess! | 我来了 小公主 |
[14:24] | Pardon me. | 借过 |
[14:26] | Sorry. Have fun. | 抱歉 玩得开心 |
[14:31] | What’s the most dangerous type of uranium cake? | 用铀做的最危险的饼是什么 |
[14:36] | Yellow! | 黄饼[哈啰] |
[14:38] | What’s going on? | 你怎么啦 |
[14:41] | I found this inhaler. Do you know whose it is? | 我捡到了个吸入器 你知道是谁的吗 |
[14:43] | There’s only six people here who don’t use those. | 这儿只有六个人不用这个的 |
[14:45] | They throw them in the air at graduation. | 他们毕业的时候会一起抛到空中 |
[14:47] | All right. | 好吧 |
[14:49] | Hey, did you bring those headphones? | 你把降噪耳罩带来了吗 |
[14:50] | Yeah. Right here. | 有 在这儿 |
[14:51] | Thanks. | 谢啦 |
[14:55] | Hey, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[14:58] | I’m sorry about earlier. | 刚才的事很抱歉 |
[15:00] | I think maybe being on a college campus took me back, | 回到大学校园可能让我想起了过去 |
[15:03] | and some of my own first-year insecurities bubbled up. | 使我的新生焦虑感重现了 |
[15:08] | I didn’t know anybody, and no matter how hard I tried, | 我谁都不认识 而且无论我多努力 |
[15:11] | I was always on the outside. | 我却始终是个局外人 |
[15:12] | And then suddenly, one day, something clicked and I was in. | 然后突然有一天 不知为何 我融入进去了 |
[15:15] | I mean, you never know. | 我是说 这很难说的 |
[15:18] | I mean, just because that happened to you, | 就算对你是这种情况 |
[15:19] | – Doesn’t mean that’s — – No, no, no, no, no. | -并不意味着 -不 不 不 不 |
[15:20] | That’s — that’s my point. | 我想说的就是这个 |
[15:22] | My story isn’t your story. | 你和我不一样 |
[15:26] | As intimidating as this place may be, | 虽然这地方令人生畏 |
[15:27] | I’ve never seen you walk away from a challenge. | 但我从未见过你轻易向困难低过头 |
[15:31] | If you tell me you’ve given it your best shot, | 如果你说已经尽力了 |
[15:33] | then I know you have. | 那我相信你 |
[15:35] | So don’t be mad at me, okay? | 别生我的气好吗 |
[15:36] | I’m not mad. | 我没生气 |
[15:39] | All right, kiddo. | 那就好 宝贝 |
[15:41] | Your mom and I will be back next week to pack you up. | 你妈妈和我下周会过来帮你收拾行李 |
[15:43] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[15:44] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[15:47] | – Bye. – Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[16:03] | Okay. Granddaddy’s truck’s gonna be here in 84 minutes. | 好了 老爷爷礼品篮的卡车还有84分钟就到 |
[16:06] | So, we’re tightening, we’re stirring, we’re chopping. | 所以继续拧紧瓶盖 搅拌 切菜 |
[16:09] | Bottle it up! | 快装瓶[克制]吧 |
[16:09] | I can’t. I’m just too excited. | 我不行 太紧张了 |
[16:11] | you mean the sauce in the — got it. Yes. | 你说得是把酱装瓶 明白了 |
[16:15] | Cam… | 小卡 |
[16:17] | – What is this? – Oh, my gosh. | -这是什么 -老天 |
[16:18] | You weren’t supposed to see these yet. | 这本不该让你看见的 |
[16:19] | This is just a potential label idea that I-I had mocked up. | 这只是我制作的宣传册样板 |
[16:24] | But I am not even on it. | 可这上面根本就没有我 |
[16:25] | No, you are. Yes, you are. See? | 不 有你的 有你 你看 |
[16:26] | You’re the silhouette right here by the nutritional facts. | 营养成分表这里有你的剪影 |
[16:29] | That way, people are looking at you | 这样 人们会关注你的身段 |
[16:30] | and not the toxic amount of sodium. | 就不会关注那些超剂量的钠了 |
[16:32] | I have others, too. | 我这还有别的样本 |
[16:33] | You know, I have one of us on a pepper rocket | 有一张是我们其中一个人坐着辣椒火箭 |
[16:35] | on our way to Flavor City. | 冲向《酱料城》节目 |
[16:37] | You’re in front of me, and it’s cute. | 你在我前面 那张很可爱的 |
[16:39] | You know what? I don’t think this partnership is working. | 我觉得咱俩的合作没戏 |
[16:43] | What are you saying? | 你说什么呢 |
[16:44] | What am I saying? | 我说什么 |
[16:45] | This is family’s sauce, | 这是我家传的酱料 |
[16:46] | and you have already tried to change the recipe. | 而你已经试图更改配方 |
[16:49] | You took a huge order without even asking me. | 你连问都没问我就接了那么大个订单 |
[16:52] | And now this? | 现在又来这一套 |
[16:54] | If I am going to Flavor City, I am going by myself. | 如果要上《酱料城》 也是我自己上 |
[17:01] | You’re breaking up with me? | 你要跟我散伙[分手]吗 |
[17:02] | When I first started dating Cam, | 当我刚开始跟小卡约会时 |
[17:04] | his ex-boyfriend gave me a heads up. | 他的前男友就提醒过我 |
[17:06] | He said, “Cam’s a great guy, | 他说 小卡是个很好的人 |
[17:08] | but I hope you never have to break up with him.” | 我希望你永远别跟他分手 |
[17:10] | And I said, “Why? Does he get angry, | 我问他 为什么 他会生气 |
[17:12] | weepy, jealous, despondent?” | 哭泣 嫉妒 沮丧吗 |
[17:13] | He said, “Yes.” | 他说 是的 |
[17:16] | You’re breaking up with me? | 你要跟我散伙吗 |
[17:18] | This business was my idea. | 这个合伙的主意是我想出来的 |
[17:20] | I got you into the farmers’ market. | 是我带你去农贸市场的 |
[17:21] | I got you into those baskets. | 是我让你的酱料被老爷爷品牌选中 |
[17:23] | You were nothing but a housewife when I found you. | 我发现你时 你不过就是个家庭主妇 |
[17:26] | I didn’t mean that. I’ve always admired you. | 我没别的意思 我一直很欣赏你的 |
[17:28] | Being a housewife is the hardest job on the planet. | 做家庭主妇是这世界上最难的工作 |
[17:30] | You’re never not at work. | 从来都没有休息的时间 |
[17:31] | It’s just — how did we get to this place? | 只是 我们怎么会走到这一步的 |
[17:33] | Unless… | 除非… |
[17:35] | There’s someone else, isn’t there? | 你有别的合伙人了 是不是 |
[17:37] | Oh, how could I be so blind? | 我怎么会这么傻呢 |
[17:39] | Let me guess — somebody with more experience? | 让我猜猜 那人经验更丰富吧 |
[17:41] | Somebody Colombian? | 是个哥伦比亚人吧 |
[17:44] | Well, you’re no picnic, either. | 你也轻松不了的 |
[17:46] | So, who is it? | 到底是谁 |
[17:51] | Say something! | 说话啊 |
[17:53] | I’ve seen my mom break up with a lot of guys. | 我见过我妈跟许多男人分手 |
[17:55] | She has this weird power to get them to do all the work. | 她总是有魔力让他们把责任都包揽在自己身上 |
[17:58] | One minute, they’re a mess. | 前一分钟 他们还很生气 |
[18:00] | The next, they’re thanking her | 而后一分钟 他们就开始感谢她 |
[18:01] | for the best year of their lives. | 说跟她在一起的时光是人生中最美好的 |
[18:02] | The last guy helped us move into Jay’s house. | 上一个分手的家伙还帮我们把行李搬到了杰家 |
[18:05] | You knew. | 你早就知道 |
[18:05] | You knew I needed the motivation to create my own sauce. | 你早知道我需要激励才能创造出属于自己的酱料 |
[18:09] | You knew all along. | 你一直都知道的 |
[18:10] | You’re welcome, Cam. And don’t worry. | 不客气的 小卡 别担心 |
[18:12] | I know that one day, you’re gonna have your sauce | 我知道总有一天 你自创的酱料 |
[18:14] | in Granddaddy’s Basket. | 会被老爷爷礼品篮选中的 |
[18:16] | Well, that paints a picture. | 这景倒是稀奇 |
[18:18] | Now, see, there’s lots of stuff here to tire the kids out. | 你看 这里有很多东西都可以把孩子们累倒 |
[18:20] | Look — bricks for carrying, shovels for digging. | 可以搬砖 可以用铁铲挖土 |
[18:22] | Shovels. When did we get shovels? | 铁铲 我们什么时候有铁铲了 |
[18:23] | Okay, well, whatever you’re doing, | 好了 不管你们在做什么 |
[18:25] | can you do it someplace else? | 能不能麻烦你们换个地方 |
[18:26] | I’m helping Gloria bottle her sauce, | 我在帮歌洛莉亚的酱料装瓶 |
[18:27] | and we’re running out of time. | 我们就要来不及了 |
[18:28] | Ay, Cam. I think it’s too late. | 小卡 我觉得已经来不及了 |
[18:29] | I don’t think we have enough time to finish. | 剩下的时间不够了 |
[18:32] | You might. | 或许可以 |
[18:33] | Oh, Ms. Tran. Is that Patricia’s medicine? | 陈女士 这是帕特里夏的药吗 |
[18:35] | Pick up the pace, ladies! | 加快速度 姑娘们 |
[18:38] | Come on! We’ve only got 20 minutes! | 快点 我们只剩下20分钟了 |
[18:40] | Trust me. This is slightly better than it looks. | 相信我 其实比看起来稍微好那么一点 |
[18:43] | My fingers hurt. | 我的手指头疼 |
[18:45] | Hey, honey, what did I say about talking on the line? | 宝贝 我不是说了流水线上不能说话吗 |
[18:51] | Okay. Let’s just get these ducks back into the garage | 好吧 我们把这些鸭子尽快 |
[18:53] | as fast as we can, and please be quiet. | 放回车库 别出声 |
[18:54] | – I don’t want your father to hear us. – Hello. | -别让你父亲听见 -你们好啊 |
[18:57] | I got home early and noticed the six of you | 我提前回家了 看到你们六个 |
[18:59] | had…ducked out. | 不在家[鸭子出门] |
[19:02] | Well, we know how much you love the ducks, | 我们知道你有多爱这些鸭子 |
[19:03] | and — and we wanted to play with them, too. | 而且我们也想跟他们一起玩 |
[19:05] | – And we — – And what, Claire? | -而我们… -而什么 克莱尔 |
[19:08] | The craziest thing happened? | 最疯狂的事发生了是吗 |
[19:09] | You turned a hard corner, the cage banged open, | 你来了个急转弯 笼子门开了 |
[19:13] | one of them hit the sunroof button, | 有一只鸭子碰到了天窗按钮 |
[19:14] | and out they flew, leaving us with nothing but an empty — | 他们就都飞出去了 只剩下一个空… |
[19:16] | I interrupted you. Go on. | 我打扰你们了 请继续 |
[19:19] | We have not always loved the ducks, Phil, | 虽然我们有时候不太喜欢这些鸭子 菲尔 |
[19:21] | but I think we’re starting to get it. | 但我们开始理解你了 |
[19:23] | Yeah. We want them to stay. | 是啊 我们想让他们留下 |
[19:25] | We know why you love them. | 我们知道你为何爱他们了 |
[19:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[19:28] | I always knew it was only a matter of time | 我一直都知道 这些小捣蛋们 |
[19:29] | before these little scamps waddled into your hearts | 迟早会摇摇晃晃地走到你们的心里去 |
[19:31] | just like they did mine. | 就像他们走进我的心一样 |
[19:34] | Now, come on. Help me throw them out the window. | 现在来吧 帮我把他们从窗户扔出去 |
[19:37] | Dad, what are you doing? | 老爸 你在干什么 |
[19:39] | It is time for them to go. | 是时候该让他们离开了 |
[19:42] | But, honey, are you sure they can even fly? | 可是 亲爱的 你确定他们会飞了吗 |
[19:44] | According to the internet, they were ready a month ago. | 据网上资料所述 一个月前他们就该会飞了 |
[19:46] | At breakfast, you were giving them shoulder rubs. | 早餐时 你还给他们揉肩膀呢 |
[19:48] | What happened? | 出什么事了 |
[19:49] | I realized today that I may have been holding them back | 今天我意识到 可能是我拖他们后腿了 |
[19:51] | because that was fun for me. | 因为他们是我的快乐 |
[19:53] | But in the end, | 但到了最后 |
[19:54] | you got to let them spread their wings, right? | 还是得放手让他们自由飞翔 不是吗 |
[20:00] | – Whoo! Let’s go! Girl! – All right, Alex! | -加油 姑娘 -加油 艾丽克斯 |
[20:06] | All right, guys. Let’s do this. | 好了 各位 我们开始吧 |
[20:08] | One, two… | 一 二… |
[20:11] | Come visit us! | 要回来看我们哦 |
[20:14] | Make good choices! | 别走错路哦 |
[20:17] | In many ways, you fetched me! | 从某种意义上说 是你们捡回了我 |
[20:35] | You caught me. | 被你发现了 |
[20:37] | I know they’re not coming back. | 我知道他们不会回来了 |
[20:39] | Sometimes they do. | 有时候会的 |
[20:42] | Hello? | 喂 |
[20:45] | Hey, Alex. | 艾丽克斯 |
[20:47] | What’s going on, sweetheart? | 怎么样 宝贝 |
[20:50] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[20:56] | “Once the lower spring hinge is secured, | 当下面的弹簧铰链也固定好 |
[20:59] | you can then attach the closet door.” | 就可以把衣橱门装上了 |
[21:06] | They’re all sleeping, Mitch. | 她们都睡了 米奇 |
[21:08] | Not bad. | 还不错 |
[21:10] | 45. Room for improvement. | 用时45分 还有进步的空间 |
[21:15] | Well, it looks like I’m still undefeated. | 看来本王依旧立于不败之地 |