时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | What’s cooking? | 你在做什么 |
[00:04] | My mother’s recipe — guinea-pig pie. | 我妈传给我的菜谱 豚鼠派 |
[00:07] | Smells good. | 闻起来很香 |
[00:07] | You just accept that? It’s pecan. | 你都不怀疑一下吗 其实是山核桃派 |
[00:10] | How cuckoo do you think my country is? | 你觉得我们国家的人疯狂到吃豚鼠吗 |
[00:12] | It’s come to this — | 我竟沦落至此 |
[00:13] | “What’s cooking” and “Smells good” | “你在做什么”和”闻起来很香” |
[00:14] | gets me in trouble? | 都会让我挨骂 |
[00:15] | Mom, you’re already cooking for tomorrow? | 妈 你现在就开始准备明天的菜了吗 |
[00:17] | Don’t make a big deal. | 你不用这么小题大做 |
[00:18] | My baby’s graduating. | 我的宝贝儿子毕业了 |
[00:20] | He won the award for Integrity and Character. | 他获得了品性正直奖 |
[00:23] | “No absents, no tardies, | “从不旷课 从不迟到 |
[00:25] | respectful to student and teachers alike.” | 尊重同学及师长” |
[00:28] | My school had an award like that, | 我的学校当年也有这么个奖 |
[00:29] | but instead of a sash, that kid | 但那孩子获得的不是绶带 |
[00:31] | got a punch in the mouth. | 而是迎面一拳 |
[00:32] | Proud of you, though. | 不过我很为你骄傲 |
[00:33] | Why do all your stories involve a punch in the face, | 为什么你所有的故事都涉及迎面一拳 |
[00:35] | a shifty European, or a broad who’s been around the block? | 一个诡异的欧洲人或一个经验丰富的骚女 |
[00:38] | That reminds me of when I had to rough up this Italian kid | 这让我想起有次我揍了个意大利小子 |
[00:40] | because he didn’t want me dating his sister. | 因为他不想让我和他妹妹约会 |
[00:42] | She was no nun! | 那姑娘可不是乖乖女 |
[00:43] | – Jay, can you please take care of the steaks? – Sure. | -杰 你帮我处理下牛排好吗 -好 |
[00:45] | On the eve of your big day, we’re celebrating with rib eyes, | 在你毕业大典前夜 我们吃肋眼牛排庆祝 |
[00:49] | and you and I are gonna have our first scotch. | 然后我陪你喝你第一杯威士忌 |
[00:51] | – Really?! – Yeah. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[00:53] | I’ve been waiting to open a special bottle. | 我一直在等机会开这瓶典藏威士忌 |
[00:56] | Huh. Looks like the mice got into it. | 看来被老鼠偷喝了不少 |
[00:58] | Hello, hello?! Where’s my son? | 人呢人呢 我儿子人呢 |
[01:00] | Dad! | 爸 |
[01:01] | What, did he hop the gate? | 他是翻大门进来的吗 |
[01:03] | You came! | 你居然来了 |
[01:04] | I said I’d come. | 我说过我会来 |
[01:05] | I know, but you came! | 我知道 但你居然真的来了 |
[01:06] | How could I miss it? | 我怎能错过 |
[01:07] | Manny, the first member of my family | 曼尼 我们家族史上 |
[01:10] | – to ever graduate from high school. – Wait a minute. | -第一个从高中毕业的人 -等等 |
[01:12] | Don’t you have a brother in Colombia who’s a doctor? | 你不是有个兄弟在哥伦比亚行医吗 |
[01:14] | Yes. | 是的 |
[01:14] | He just does orthopedic surgery, | 他不过做些正畸手术而已 |
[01:16] | no brain or heart. | 又不给大脑或心脏开刀 |
[01:17] | Think of it — Tomorrow, I will watch you | 想象一下 明天我会看着你 |
[01:19] | stride across the stage with a sash, | 戴着绶带昂首阔步走上领奖台 |
[01:21] | like a rebel’s bandolier | 像个狠角色戴着弹药带 |
[01:22] | telling the world “No absents, no tardies.” | 向世界宣告”从不旷课 从不迟到” |
[01:25] | Manny and I were gonna grill some steaks | 曼尼和我打算烤点牛排 |
[01:27] | and drink some, um, beers. | 再喝点 啤酒 |
[01:29] | Thank you, Jay, but if it’s all right with you, | 谢谢你 杰 但如果你不介意 |
[01:31] | I would like to take Manny out | 我想带曼尼出去 |
[01:32] | for a special father-son celebration. | 搞点父子间的特别庆祝活动 |
[01:36] | Is that okay? | 我可以去吗 |
[01:37] | Ah, sure. I mean, he… made the effort to come. | 当然 毕竟他费了功夫来这一趟 |
[01:40] | Didn’t have time to button his shirt all the way up. | 百忙之中都不顾上系好衬衫扣子 |
[01:41] | But… go ahead. | 但… 去吧 |
[01:43] | Perfect! The night begins. | 太棒了 夜生活现在开始 |
[01:45] | But first… here. | 但首先 来 |
[01:49] | Walk through this. | 从古龙水雨中走过去 |
[01:52] | I know that smells terrible, | 我知道那玩意很难闻 |
[01:53] | but I’ve never seen that man get a mosquito bite. | 但我从没见过他被蚊子咬过 |
[01:58] | There he is — the graduate. | 他在这呢 毕业生 |
[02:02] | I have one word for you, Luke — Plastics. | 我只有一个词可对你说 卢克 塑料 |
[02:05] | I don’t think he knows that movie, honey. | 我觉得他没看过《毕业生》 亲爱的 |
[02:06] | Mrs. Dunphy, you’re trying to seduce me. | 邓菲夫人 你这是想勾引我 |
[02:08] | Okay, let’s just give him the gift, all right? | 好了 我们快把礼物给他好吗 |
[02:10] | Okay, but first, gather around, everybody! | 好 但首先 大家都聚过来 |
[02:12] | Riddle me this — | 猜猜这个谜语 |
[02:13] | What has two hands, is wound tight, | 什么东西有两条胳膊 发条上得很紧 |
[02:15] | and has a lot of ticks? | 还总是嘀嗒响[抽风] |
[02:17] | Alex? | 是艾丽克斯吗 |
[02:18] | Good guess, but no. | 猜得好 但不是 |
[02:19] | This was made in Switzerland, | 这个礼物是瑞士产的 |
[02:20] | not in the Disneyland Hotel. | 不是在迪士尼乐园旅馆怀上的 |
[02:24] | Awesome! A watch! | 太棒了 一只手表 |
[02:24] | We wanted to give it to you early | 我们想早点给你 |
[02:25] | so you could wear it to graduation today. | 你就能戴着它去毕业典礼了 |
[02:27] | Yeah. It’s shockproof. | 没错 这只表是防震的 |
[02:28] | Oh, good. You can show it your grades. | 太好了 那它看到你的成绩就不会”震”惊了 |
[02:30] | -I love it. – What time is it? | -我很喜欢 -现在什么时候了 |
[02:32] | Time for my little man to go out in the world | 是我儿子出去闯荡世界 |
[02:34] | and make his mark like the tiny trouper he used to be. | 一如既往地坚韧不拔留名青史的时候了 |
[02:37] | Hold on. I’ll be right back. | 等一下 我去去就来 |
[02:38] | I remember when he was so small, | 我还记得他才这么小的时候 |
[02:40] | we’d give him a bath in the sink. | 我们在洗手池里给他洗澡 |
[02:41] | Here we go. | 又来了 |
[02:42] | Dad, we really got to talk about the crying. | 爸 我们真得好好谈谈你爱哭这件事 |
[02:44] | When we graduated, you were a mess, and it was humiliating. | 我们毕业时你哭得一塌糊涂 特别丢人 |
[02:46] | Showing emotion is part of being a sexy modern man. | 现代性感男性不畏惧展示感性的一面 |
[02:49] | Ask anyone who was raised on Alan Alda. | 看艾伦·艾尔达的表演长大的人都知道 |
[02:51] | I don’t think we have to worry | 我认为我们不需要担心 |
[02:51] | about him going anywhere anytime soon. | 他短期内是不会离家的 |
[02:54] | He just installed a mini fridge and a hammock in his room. | 他刚在房间里装了小冰箱和吊床 |
[02:57] | Mom, Dad, you did all the hard work getting me through high school. | 妈 爸 你们含辛茹苦供我高中毕业 |
[03:01] | You deserve a gift. | 我也该送你们一份礼物 |
[03:03] | But what do you get the Cadillac of parents? | 但我该送父母界中的凯迪拉克什么礼物 |
[03:05] | A Rolls-Royce. | 一辆莱斯莱斯 |
[03:06] | Oh, my goodness! | 我的天 |
[03:08] | How did you afford that? | 你怎么买得起 |
[03:10] | It was only $2,000. | 这车才卖两千美元 |
[03:11] | Judge Thompson, from the club, got me into a police auction. | 俱乐部的汤普森法官带我去了警方拍卖会 |
[03:14] | If I had 40 more dollars, you’d be looking at a speedboat. | 如果当时我还有四十美元就给你们买快艇了 |
[03:17] | So, what do you think? | 你们喜欢吗 |
[03:19] | It’s… It’s wow. | 真… 真不一般 |
[03:21] | Right?! | 是吧 |
[03:22] | I loved the macaroni necklace he made me in first grade, | 我喜欢他一年级时用通心粉给我做的项链 |
[03:25] | and I even used the perfume he gave me in fifth grade, | 我甚至用了他五年级时送我的香水 |
[03:28] | but this car is so gaudy. | 但这辆车实在太俗艳了 |
[03:31] | People are gonna think I played for the Knicks in the ’70s. | 人们会以为我是七十年代的尼克斯队球星 |
[03:34] | It’s the most beautiful gesture I have ever seen. | 我从没见过这么让人感动的礼物 |
[03:38] | It’s 100% class. | 这车百分百经典上档次 |
[03:40] | Hey, Mom, didn’t you say you had some errands to run? | 妈 你不是有些杂事要办吗 |
[03:44] | Oh. I — In a little while. | 我本打算一会儿再出门 |
[03:46] | Uh, s– Yeah, but — Um, gosh, it’s got fur. Wow. | 是啊 但 天啊 还有皮草 |
[03:48] | It’s like driving a lion. | 就好像驾驶着狮子 |
[03:50] | Hey, before you go, give us a honk. | 你走之前 按个喇叭 |
[03:53] | All right. | 好吧 |
[03:59] | The horn doesn’t help, does it? | 喇叭也没好一点 是吧 |
[04:13] | So, I’ve narrowed it down to Swiss Coffee | 我把范围缩小到 瑞士咖啡白色 |
[04:15] | and Whispering White. | 和落花白色 |
[04:17] | But I can’t decide between matte or satin. | 但我不知道该选磨砂漆还是光滑漆 |
[04:19] | I thought we landed on eggshell. | 我以为我们选定了蛋壳漆 |
[04:20] | We decided against eggshell. | 我们是决定了不用蛋壳漆 |
[04:22] | W-Why don’t we just sell the house? | 我们何不卖了这房子 |
[04:23] | Why don’t we just paint the floor eggshell | 咱为什么不把地刷成蛋壳漆 |
[04:25] | since that’s what I’m walking on. | 反正我已经”如履薄蛋壳”上了 |
[04:27] | Okay. I forgot to give this to you. | 我忘了给你们这个 |
[04:28] | Oh, thank you. Have a good day at school, sweetie. | 谢谢 在学校过得开心啊 亲爱的 |
[04:30] | Bye, sweetie. | 再见 亲爱的 |
[04:31] | It’s fourth grade. We’re all just treading water. | 四年级而已 我们就只是踩水玩 |
[04:33] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[04:34] | Ah, well, it’s — it’s from the principal’s office. | 来自校长办公室 |
[04:36] | Is she in trouble? | 她闯祸了吗 |
[04:37] | No! She’s…smart. | 不 她很聪明 |
[04:40] | – She is? – That’s what it says. | -是吗 -这上面这么写的 |
[04:42] | Are you sure it’s not for Lily Rosen? | 你确定不是给莉莉·罗森的吗 |
[04:43] | You were at that science fair. | 你也去了学校科学展览 |
[04:44] | She brought that frog back to life! | 她救活了一只青蛙 |
[04:45] | This is for our Lily. | 这是给我们的莉莉的 |
[04:47] | T-They’re suggesting that she skip fifth grade | 他们建议她跳过五年级 |
[04:49] | and go right into middle school next year. | 明年直接上初中 |
[04:50] | “Lily is testing | “经测验 莉莉远高于 |
[04:51] | – far above her grade level… – What? | -她所在年级的水平 -什么 |
[04:53] | …and we feel she would benefit | 我们认为她会受益于 |
[04:54] | from a more challenging curriculum.” | 更具挑战性的课程” |
[04:57] | I know! All these years we thought that she was, uh — | 对啊 这些年我们以为她 |
[05:01] | God, what’s the word? | 天啊 什么词来着 |
[05:02] | Different? Peculiar? | 不同的 特殊的 |
[05:04] | Odd? Mean? | 奇怪的 毒舌的 |
[05:06] | So many words. But she was just really smart. | 太多了 但结果她是真的很聪明 |
[05:09] | Holed up in her room every day after school, she wasn’t — | 她每天放学窝在房间里 不是在 |
[05:11] | plotting to kill us? | 密谋灭了我们 |
[05:12] | I was gonna say daydreaming. | 我要说的是做白日梦 |
[05:13] | They — They want us to tour the school today if possible. | 他们想我们有空的话今天到学校参观 |
[05:16] | This is so exciting. | 太让人激动了 |
[05:17] | Our little baby’s a genius! | 我们的小宝贝是个天才 |
[05:19] | You know, um, I also skipped a grade. | 我也跳过一级 |
[05:22] | I’m not saying I was a genius, but — | 我不是说我是天才 但… |
[05:23] | Good, because we’re getting along so well right now. | 那就好 因为我们现在相处融洽 |
[05:27] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[05:28] | – Thanks so much. – Hey, guess what. | -太谢谢了 -你猜怎么着 |
[05:30] | They want Lily to skip fifth grade. | 他们想让莉莉跳过五年级 |
[05:31] | Traditionally, the person who says “Guess what” | 通常来说 说你猜怎么着的那个人 |
[05:33] | also gets to say the what. | 可以负责说出谜底 |
[05:34] | Wait a second. Lily’s smart? | 等下 莉莉是聪明的吗 |
[05:36] | Look. I mean, there’s proof of that? | 有什么证据吗 |
[05:38] | Yeah. Right there. Yes. | 当然 这儿有 |
[05:40] | They asked Alex to skip a grade, too… | 他们也让艾丽克斯跳级 |
[05:41] | It’s not a competition, Claire. | 这不是个竞赛 克莱尔 |
[05:43] | …but we felt that it would be too much stress | 但我们觉得让她和年纪太大的孩子一起 |
[05:45] | to have her with kids so much older. | 会压力太大 |
[05:47] | Good for Lily! Yeah. | 莉莉真了不起 |
[05:49] | I just always thought she was, you know… | 我只是一直以为她… |
[05:53] | – So did we. – Yeah. Us too. Yeah. | -我们也那么以为 -我们也是 |
[05:57] | How was your big night with Javier? | 你和哈维尔昨晚过得如何 |
[05:59] | I overindulged. | 我过度放纵了 |
[06:00] | – Booze or burgers? – Booze. | -酒还是汉堡 -酒 |
[06:02] | I drank so much, I had an angry slap fight | 我喝太多了 生气地和一人互打耳光 |
[06:04] | with what turned out to be a mirror. | 结果那人是镜子里的我 |
[06:06] | Do I hear my Manny?! | 是我的曼尼吗 |
[06:08] | When you’re hungover, it’s like a car alarm. | 你宿醉时 她的声音就像是汽车警报 |
[06:11] | Ay. Hola, papi! | 你好 宝贝 |
[06:12] | Happy graduation day! | 毕业快乐 |
[06:16] | That’s delightful. | 太舒爽了 |
[06:17] | I need your sash and your gown. | 我需要你的毕业服套装 |
[06:19] | So that I can press it. | 我要熨一下 |
[06:20] | I don’t want anyone looking wrinkly. | 我可不想有人看起来皱巴巴的 |
[06:22] | I don’t mean you, | 我指的不是你 |
[06:23] | but it’s fun that you’re right there. | 但你在这 这话还挺有意思的 |
[06:25] | I, uh, left them at school. I’ll run over there. | 我落在学校了 我过去一趟 |
[06:27] | Mama, I have a stomachache. | 妈妈 我肚子疼 |
[06:32] | And my ankle is broken. | 我的脚踝受伤了 |
[06:35] | And you can walk | 你脚踝受伤了 |
[06:36] | with your broken ankle? | 还能走路吗 |
[06:40] | I had a cousin got out of Vietnam that way. | 我有个表兄靠这招逃过越战 |
[06:43] | Whenever Manny’s getting | 每当曼尼 |
[06:44] | a lot of attention, | 受到很多关注时 |
[06:45] | Joe gets very needy — | 乔就会装病 |
[06:47] | “My head,” “My arm.” | “我头疼” “胳膊疼” |
[06:48] | In Colombia, we say, | 在哥伦比亚 我们说 |
[06:49] | “If it’s not bleeding, shut your guinea-pig hole.” | “如果没流血 就闭上你豚鼠嘴巴” |
[06:53] | We actually do eat guinea pig. | 我们真的会吃豚鼠 |
[06:56] | Call me back, Dad! | 给我回电话 爸爸 |
[06:57] | It’s an emergency! | 紧急事件 |
[06:59] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[07:00] | I kind of misplaced my cap and gown and sash. | 我不知道把毕业服套装放哪了 |
[07:02] | Maybe they’re at that strip club you went to last night. | 可能在昨晚你们去的脱衣舞俱乐部 |
[07:05] | Shh! How did you know? | 嘘 你怎么知道 |
[07:06] | It’s all over your face. | 从你脸上就看得出 |
[07:07] | My shame? | 我的羞耻吗 |
[07:09] | Glitter. Ohh. | 闪光粉 |
[07:10] | Tell me what happened. | 跟我讲讲发生了什么 |
[07:11] | We picked up my graduation stuff on the way, and — | 我们路上拿上了毕业服套装 |
[07:14] | I don’t know. I guess the tassel got my dad thinking. | 我不知道 可能流苏让我爸想到舞女服了 |
[07:16] | Why didn’t you leave them in the car? | 你们为什么不把套装放在车里 |
[07:18] | I didn’t want them to get stolen. | 我怕被偷了 |
[07:19] | And I may have taken it out | 而且我可能还带着套装 |
[07:21] | to impress a certain Chyna with a “y.” | 去取悦某个叫柴娜的女子 |
[07:23] | I think she really liked me. | 我觉得她真的喜欢我 |
[07:24] | I’m not gonna spoil that one for ya. | 我不会泼你这盆冷水的 |
[07:26] | I graduate in five hours! | 还有五个小时我就要参加毕业典礼 |
[07:28] | We’ll get you another cap and gown. | 我们再弄一套就行 |
[07:29] | That sash has been worn by every honoree for decades. | 几十年来所有的致辞人都穿过那套服装 |
[07:31] | I’m not gonna be the one to lose it | 我不想成为丢掉毕业服的那个人 |
[07:33] | after it’s survived earthquakes and wars | 毕竟它经历了地震 战争 |
[07:35] | and the lunchroom gravy fire of ’64! | 还有64年的食堂肉汁大火都没事 |
[07:37] | – Fine. Where is this place? – I don’t know! | -好吧 那地方在哪 -我不知道 |
[07:39] | I remember there was a lot of brass and mirrors | 我记得那有很多铜管和镜子 |
[07:41] | and loud ’80s music. | 还有很吵的80年代音乐 |
[07:42] | Well, that narrows it down. | 这可成功把范围缩小了啊 |
[07:43] | Wait. Uh, it was by the airport. | 等等 是在机场附近 |
[07:45] | All right. We’ll find it. I’ll take you. | 好的 我们会找到的 我带你去 |
[07:47] | Don’t worry. It’ll be our little secret. | 别担心 这是我们之间的小秘密 |
[07:49] | Thank you, Jay. | 谢谢你 杰 |
[07:52] | What happened to him? | 这个清纯可人的小男孩到哪里去了 |
[08:02] | I’m back. | 我回来了 |
[08:02] | We need to talk to you. Sit down. | 我们得跟你谈谈 坐下 |
[08:04] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了 |
[08:05] | Don’t say anything. | 别说话 |
[08:07] | Just watch. | 只管看吧 |
[08:09] | Baby pictures of Luke? | 卢克婴儿时期的照片吗 |
[08:10] | More than baby pictures. | 不只是婴儿时期的照片 |
[08:12] | You’re gonna watch Luke grow up to sappy music. | 你会一直看到长大喜欢恶俗音乐的卢克 |
[08:15] | Why are you doing this? | 你们为什么要这么做 |
[08:17] | To get all the crying out of your system | 让你先把眼泪哭干 |
[08:18] | so you don’t melt down at the graduation. | 这样到毕业典礼时你就不会崩溃了 |
[08:20] | It’s like when you drink too much | 就像你喝了太多酒 |
[08:21] | and your friends get you super-wasted | 你朋友们把你灌得烂醉 |
[08:23] | so you never drink again for the rest of the week. | 于是下半周你都不想再喝酒了一样 |
[08:25] | It’s the first time he saw snow. | 这是他第一次看到雪 |
[08:27] | Oh, here, Dad. | 拿去擦眼泪 爸爸 |
[08:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:32] | His baby blanket?! Why?! | 他婴儿时期盖的小被子 为什么这么对我 |
[08:40] | Hey, nice car, Grey Gardens! | 车子很拉风哦 《灰色花园》 |
[08:42] | It was a gift from my son! | 这是我儿子送我的 |
[08:50] | What the hell? | 搞什么 |
[09:03] | You call that a tiger? | 你那算哪门子的老虎 |
[09:11] | And we’re very proud of our state-of-the-art computer lab. | 我们很自豪 拥有最先进的电脑教室 |
[09:14] | It’s so weird — Every time I step into a middle school, | 感觉好怪啊 每次我走进一所中学 |
[09:16] | I feel like I’m 14 ag-a-in. | 我就觉得回到了14岁 |
[09:18] | That…was on me. He wasn’t gonna do anything. | 是…我自己胆小 他没有要干嘛 |
[09:21] | How much is his therapy costing again? | 他看心理医生要花多少钱来着 |
[09:23] | We used to think that was snark. | 我们以前觉得这是毒舌 |
[09:25] | Now we know it’s wit. Yeah. | 现在我们知道了 这是智慧 |
[09:27] | Uh, Mr. Peterson, we just want to be certain | 彼得森先生 我们只是想确定 |
[09:29] | that this environment’s the right fit for Lily. | 这里的学习环境最适合莉莉 |
[09:32] | We have a lot of experience dealing with accelerated students. | 我们对于跳级生很有经验 |
[09:35] | But if Lily really is gifted, | 但如果莉莉真的很有天分 |
[09:37] | then maybe there’s another path — private schools. | 那也许还有另一条路子可走 比如上私立学校 |
[09:39] | Although, I do love the diversity of a public school. | 不过 我确实很喜欢公立学校的多元化 |
[09:43] | – On the other hand, I do wonder — – Okay, you know what? | -另一方面 我确实怀疑… -行了 你知道吗 |
[09:44] | We’re just deciding if she’s gonna skip a grade. | 我们只是在考虑要不要让她跳级 |
[09:47] | We’re not charting out the next 20 years of her life. | 不是在规划她未来20年的人生 |
[09:48] | Well, no, choices have consequences. | 不 选择是有后果的 |
[09:50] | If we don’t do this right, | 如果我们没选对 |
[09:51] | she could lose all interest in school and drop out, | 她可能就会对学校失去兴趣 然后退学 |
[09:54] | and the next thing you know, we’re supporting her | 等我们反应过来 我们已经在养着 |
[09:55] | and her deadbeat boyfriend and our savings are drained, | 她和她的废柴男友 我们的积蓄全部耗尽 |
[09:58] | and then we have to sell the house! | 最终我们就得把房子卖了 |
[09:58] | Okay, why do all your meltdowns | 好了 为什么你每次崩溃 |
[09:59] | – have to do with us selling the house? – I’m just saying — | -都联想到我们要卖掉房子 -我只是说… |
[10:01] | – We’re gonna give you guys a minute, okay? – Okay. | -你们先商量一下 好吗 -好的 |
[10:03] | Lily, do you want to see the computer lab? | 莉莉 你想到电脑教室看看吗 |
[10:06] | This feels like a good time to tell you I’m adopted. | 现在似乎是告诉你我是被领养的好时机 |
[10:09] | Maybe Claire’s right. | 也许克莱尔说得对 |
[10:10] | Maybe it’s too much pressure for her to skip a grade. | 也许跳级对她来说压力太大了 |
[10:12] | I did it, and I’m fine. | 我也跳过级 现在不也挺好 |
[10:17] | I’m sorry. Um — Hey, w-what does “uh-huh” mean? | 不好意思 刚刚那反应是什么意思 |
[10:19] | Well, perhaps you’re not the…best advertisement | 也许你不是跳级的 |
[10:22] | for skipping a grade. | 最佳代言人 |
[10:23] | So, wait. You’re afraid Lily’s gonna turn out like me? | 等等 你是怕莉莉长大会变成我这样吗 |
[10:26] | I’m just saying that maybe you skipping a grade | 我只是在说 也许跳级给你 |
[10:28] | put too much pressure on you, | 带来的压力太大了 |
[10:29] | and it exacerbated your neurotic tendencies, | 导致加剧了你的神经质倾向 |
[10:32] | and now you can’t even make a tiny, little decision | 现在你连鸡毛蒜皮的小事都拿不定主意 |
[10:35] | about, you know… paint. | 比如 选油漆 |
[10:39] | Wow! I can– | 我真的… |
[10:41] | Y-You — I don’t have to just st– | 你… 我没必要站… |
[10:43] | Oh, you think you are so s– | 你以为自己有多聪… |
[10:46] | You can’t decide how to storm off, can you? | 你连用何种方式愤怒退场都决定不了 对吧 |
[10:48] | I am… | 我… |
[10:52] | Luke’s first haircut. | 卢克第一次剪头发 |
[10:54] | He gave me bangs. | 他给我剪了刘海 |
[10:57] | Well, that’s it. | 播完了 |
[10:59] | Hopefully you’re all cried out. | 希望你的眼泪已经流干了 |
[11:01] | You remember when he hid that mouse trap under the pillow | 你还记不记得 他曾经把老鼠夹藏在枕头底下 |
[11:03] | to catch the tooth fairy? | 用来抓牙仙 |
[11:06] | Dad, we got to start getting ready for the graduation. | 爸爸 我们得开始准备去毕业典礼了 |
[11:08] | Yeah, so maybe splash some cold water on your face | 是啊 要不你往脸上泼点冷水冷静下 |
[11:11] | and wrap it up. | 别哭哭啼啼了 |
[11:12] | Do you guys remember that “Luke Loves Daddy” rap? | 你们还记得那首叫”卢克爱爸爸”的饶舌歌曲吗 |
[11:16] | * My name is Luke Dunphy * | * 我叫卢克·邓菲 * |
[11:17] | * And I’m here to say * | * 我在这里要说 * |
[11:19] | * I love Daddy * | * 我爱爸爸 * |
[11:22] | I thought you said he’d be cried out by now. | 你不是说到这时他就该哭完了吗 |
[11:23] | Dad, please, you really got to stop. | 爸爸 拜托 你快停下吧 |
[11:25] | That’s what he said when I was the tickle monster! | 我扮成挠痒痒怪兽痒他时 他也说过这句话 |
[11:33] | Mama, now my tooth hurts. | 妈咪 现在轮到我的牙疼了 |
[11:35] | Well, I guess you can’t have cake today. | 那你今天就不能吃蛋糕啦 |
[11:38] | What if it’s my leg? | 那要是我疼的是腿呢 |
[11:40] | Claire, I guess I’m picking up the cake myself, | 克莱尔 看样子我要自己去取蛋糕了 |
[11:42] | because you didn’t answer my messages. | 因为你没回复我的短信 |
[11:53] | Hey, Claire, are you having fun at the Gym Town? | 克莱尔 你在球池玩得还开心吗 |
[11:57] | As a matter of fact, I am. | 其实还真的很开心 |
[11:58] | This is my new friend, Charlie. | 这位是我的新朋友 查理 |
[12:01] | He loves dinosaurs, | 他很喜欢恐龙 |
[12:02] | and tomorrow we’re both gonna have pink eye. | 而且球池不干净 估计我们明天都会得结膜炎 |
[12:04] | Hi, Charlie! | 你好 查理 |
[12:05] | Can you go and find the negligent adult that brought you here? | 你能去找带你来的那个失职大人吗 |
[12:09] | Oh, do you have to go so soon? | 你这么快就要走了吗 |
[12:10] | He smells so good! | 他真好闻 |
[12:12] | Yeah, you’re like two sniffs away from a felony. | 是啊 你再闻两口就成恋童癖罪犯了 |
[12:16] | What is going on? | 到底怎么回事 |
[12:17] | I gave Phil such a hard time | 我之前还嘲笑菲尔 |
[12:19] | for being too emotional about Luke’s graduation, | 为卢克的毕业典礼失落难过 |
[12:22] | but I think it’s hitting me more than I want to admit. | 但这事对我的冲击比我愿意承认的还大 |
[12:25] | I know. It happens so fast. | 我懂 一切都发生得那么快 |
[12:27] | Luke used to love coming here. | 卢克小时候很喜欢来这里玩 |
[12:29] | Today he gave us a Rolls-Royce. | 今天他送了我们一辆劳斯莱斯 |
[12:32] | The one outside is yours? | 停在外面的那辆是你的吗 |
[12:33] | I thought I was gonna be able to meet Mr. Burt Reynolds! | 我还以为我要见到伯特·雷诺兹了呢 |
[12:37] | You’re lucky. When Manny goes, you still have Joe. | 你很幸运 等曼尼走了 还有乔陪着你 |
[12:41] | Yeah, but it doesn’t make it hurt any less. | 没错 但是这不会让离别之苦减轻半分 |
[12:43] | We just have face it — | 我们只能接受现实 |
[12:45] | They’re not boys anymore. They’re men. | 他们已经不是小男孩了 而是成长为了男人 |
[12:47] | Luke has a job, and he’s dating. | 卢克找到了工作 还有了女朋友 |
[12:49] | He can serve on a jury. God, that’s terrifying. | 他可以加入陪审团了 老天 太可怕了 |
[12:52] | I know. Manny ditched us last night to go drinking. | 我懂 曼尼昨晚扔下我们跑去喝酒了 |
[12:56] | He thinks I don’t know, but I know. | 他以为我不知道 但其实我知道 |
[12:58] | He smelled like a sweaty peppermint. | 他身上一股臭汗加薄荷油味 |
[13:00] | I saw the pictures that he texted Luke from the strip club. | 我看到他发给卢克的脱衣舞俱乐部的照片了 |
[13:05] | Is that where Javier took him? | 哈维尔带他去了那种地方吗 |
[13:06] | Oh. You did not know that. I’m sorry. | 原来你不知道 抱歉 |
[13:08] | But it — it looked like one of the classier establishments. | 不过 不过那间看起来是比较有档次的那种 |
[13:12] | The girl that was sitting on Manny’s lap | 坐在曼尼大腿上的那个姑娘 |
[13:13] | had on a really cute top, | 穿了一件很漂亮的上衣 |
[13:15] | at — at least in the first picture. | 至少在第一张照片上还是穿着的 |
[13:17] | The one time that I thought | 就那么一次 |
[13:18] | that he was going to be a good father, | 我觉得他终于要当一个好父亲了 |
[13:20] | and he teaches Manny how to be a dog! | 结果他教曼尼怎么变成色狼 |
[13:22] | I’m gonna kill him! | 我要杀了他 |
[13:24] | Hey, look at me! I’m about to talk to a stranger! | 妈妈快看我 我要和陌生人说话啦 |
[13:31] | Oh, yes. This is it. This is the one. | 太好了 找到了 就是这里 |
[13:34] | Ugh. It wasn’t this depressing last night. | 昨晚这儿的气氛可没这么抑郁 |
[13:36] | The lunch scene in a strip joint | 午餐时间的脱衣舞俱乐部 |
[13:37] | is like a refugee camp with less hope. | 会比难民营看起来更了无生机 |
[13:40] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[13:42] | Uh, my friend left some personal belongings here last night. | 我这位朋友昨晚在这里落下了一些私人物品 |
[13:45] | Anything left behind, uh, goes in the lost and found. | 遗失物品都在这个失物招领箱里 |
[13:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:49] | There’s a jacket… glasses… | 有夹克 眼镜 |
[13:54] | …hairpiece, I hope… | 假发 希望是吧 |
[13:56] | – What about my stuff?! – Nope. | -那我的东西呢 -没看到 |
[13:58] | There’s a lot of wedding rings in here, though. | 不过这箱子里倒是有很多婚戒 |
[14:00] | Sir, we’re in a big hurry. | 先生 我们很急 |
[14:01] | Have you seen a cap and gown and sash? | 你有见到一套毕业服套装吗 |
[14:03] | Gentlemen, put your hands together for… | 先生们 掌声欢迎我们的 |
[14:06] | Val the Dictorian! | “逼也生”代表小姐 |
[14:16] | She definitely looks like she knows stuff. | 她看起来一定知道内情[很有文化] |
[14:25] | Credit where credit is due — | 做到这样也很不错了 |
[14:26] | She put together a pretty solid act in very little time. | 她在这么短的时间里想出了如此充实的表演 |
[14:29] | Can you just please help me get my stuff back? | 拜托你能帮我把我的东西要回来吗 |
[14:31] | Miss? | 小姐 |
[14:33] | Miss? Val? | 小姐 逼也生女士 |
[14:36] | Hi. Heh. Here’s the thing. | 你好 是这样的 |
[14:37] | The gown, everything — | 毕业服 这一整套 |
[14:39] | He actually left them here last night. | 是他昨天忘在这里的 |
[14:40] | I was having a tete-a-tete with Chyna. | 我当时在跟柴娜进行一场”亲密交谈” |
[14:42] | She probably mentioned me. Hope I didn’t lead her on. | 她可能跟你提到过我 希望我没让她魂萦梦牵 |
[14:45] | See, I’m going to college soon, and I — | 我马上要去上大学了 |
[14:47] | and I don’t want any loose ends. | 我不想在最后一关出差错 |
[14:48] | I’m in the middle of my act. | 我正表演到一半 |
[14:50] | Sure, but the thing is he’s got to get it back, | 好的 但是他必须把毕业服拿回来 |
[14:51] | so if you could strip a little more in our direction… | 要是你能把脱下来的衣服往我们这里扔… |
[14:57] | I’m such a screw-up. | 我真是一团糟 |
[15:02] | “Integrity.” | 还”正直”呢 |
[15:03] | It should say “Perverted Schnapps Maniac.” | 应该写”变态酒鬼” |
[15:07] | Oh, God. | 老天 |
[15:08] | It smells like Miss Dictorian’s perfume. | 闻起来一股逼也生小姐的香水味 |
[15:11] | I can’t wear this. I’m a fraud. | 我不能戴这个 我是个大骗子 |
[15:13] | No absents? Oh, I’ve got one big absent — my soul. | “从不缺勤” 我的灵魂已经缺勤了 |
[15:17] | Manny, you’ve spent your whole life trying to be perfect, | 曼尼 你活了这么多年一直想要保持完美 |
[15:19] | and this is throwing you for a loop — I get it. | 出了意外你很郁闷 我明白 |
[15:21] | But if you just look around this room, | 但只要你环顾四周 |
[15:23] | you’ll realize people make mistakes. | 就会发现人非圣贤 孰能无过 |
[15:29] | You could do way worse than you did last night, | 你本可能犯下比昨晚更严重的错误 |
[15:32] | and it ain’t gonna change a thing. | 但这都没什么 |
[15:33] | So my advice — try to be a little easier on yourself. | 我的建议是 对自己宽容些 |
[15:38] | Thanks, Jay. | 谢谢你 杰 |
[15:40] | Oh, God, there’s Chyna. | 老天 是柴娜 |
[15:43] | Pretending to ignore me! | 还假装没看见我 |
[15:44] | She’s as transparent as her pumps. | 她跟她的透明高跟鞋一样 一眼能看穿 |
[15:49] | James Earl Carter. | 詹姆·厄尔·卡特 |
[15:52] | Have you seen my booboo? | 人家这里痛痛 |
[15:54] | Ohh! Poor baby! Mwah. | 可怜的宝宝 |
[15:57] | Nicole Ingrid Cortez. | 妮可·恩格里奇·科尔特斯 |
[16:03] | Can you please move over? I have to kill someone. | 麻烦让一下 我要杀个人 |
[16:06] | Charles Mark Coleson. | 查尔斯·马克·寇森 |
[16:09] | I hope that you had fun last night. | 希望你们昨晚玩得很开心 |
[16:11] | Oh, I did. It was a magical time. | 是的 真是美妙的一晚 |
[16:13] | – Lucy Coleson. – I can’t believe that you — | -露西·寇森 -真不敢相信… |
[16:15] | Me either. Look at our son over there, eh? | 我也这么想 看看我们的儿子 |
[16:17] | – He’s perfect. – Yeah, and then you come along | -他真是个完美的孩子 -是的 然后你来了 |
[16:19] | – and you expose him to all this — – Me? | -带他去… -我 |
[16:20] | It was you who exposed him to so many amazing things. | 是你带他见识到了这么多奇妙的事物 |
[16:23] | You raised him to be a wonderful man without my help. | 你不靠我就把他育成了一个了不起的男人 |
[16:26] | Every single thing that is good about him is because of you. | 他身上的每一个闪光点都来源于你 |
[16:29] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么[对不起] |
[16:30] | I’m sorry. | 该说对不起的是我 |
[16:31] | Thank you for being the finest mother to our son. | 谢谢你当了我们儿子最好的妈妈 |
[16:34] | Damn it. You’re welcome. | 可恶 不用谢 |
[16:37] | I’m sorry about earlier. | 刚才的事很抱歉 |
[16:38] | It’s not that I don’t want Lily to be like you — | 我不是不想让莉莉变得像你一样 |
[16:40] | No, no. Hey. You’re right, okay? | 不 不 你说得对 |
[16:42] | I’m an indecisive mess. | 我太优柔寡断了 |
[16:43] | Of course I don’t want that for her. | 我也不想让她在这点上像我 |
[16:45] | And for the record, | 还有我得说 |
[16:46] | I don’t want her to be like me, either. | 我也不想她变得像我 |
[16:47] | Ohh! It’s not like I’m exactly an overachiever. | 我也不是什么超成功人士 |
[16:49] | That’s true. | 你就是这样没错 |
[16:51] | Yeah, you jumped on that one pretty quick. | 你还真会就坡下驴 |
[16:52] | If you care about what I think… | 要是你们在意我的想法 |
[16:54] | – …I want to skip. | -我想跳级 |
[16:55] | Are you sure, sweetie? Because it’s a lot of pressure. | 你确定吗 亲爱的 压力会很大的 |
[16:58] | – I can handle it. – But what about all your friends? | -我可以应付的 -那你的朋友们呢 |
[17:00] | I mean, look at — look at these kids. | 瞧瞧那些孩子 |
[17:02] | A lot of them have known each other since kindergarten. | 很多人从幼儿园就认识了 |
[17:04] | I’ll make new friends. Kids really like me. | 我可以交新朋友 小孩们都很喜欢我 |
[17:07] | So…she’s popular? | 她很受大家欢迎吗 |
[17:10] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[17:11] | Phil, I’m sorry I gave you grief earlier. | 菲尔 抱歉早先嫌弃你哭了 |
[17:14] | Today has hit me much harder than I thought it would. | 今天对我的冲击也比我想象中大 |
[17:16] | It’s okay to be emotional. | 你要是有情绪也没关系 |
[17:17] | It’s too late. I’m all cried out. | 太迟了 我眼泪哭干了 |
[17:19] | It’s like there’s no more moisture left in my body. | 感觉我全身已经一点水分都不剩了 |
[17:22] | I’m afraid if I blink, my eyes will get stuck. | 我有点害怕我要是眨眼 眼皮会黏住 |
[17:25] | Hmm. Really? | 真的吗 |
[17:27] | Do you remember that video where the lion greets the man… | 你还记得那个狮子跟旧主人打招呼 |
[17:30] | …and hugs him ’cause he hasn’t seen him in 20 years? | 还紧紧抱住他 因为已经20年没见了的影片吗 |
[17:33] | Yep. I sure do. I am…dead inside. | 我当然记得啦 但我内心已死 |
[17:36] | Manuel Alberto Delgado. | 曼尼尔·阿尔伯特·迪尔加多 |
[17:39] | Bravo, Manny! Baby! | 太棒啦 曼尼 宝贝 |
[17:42] | Mwah! You did it, buddy! | 小家伙 你最棒 |
[17:43] | Lucas Phillip Dunphy. | 卢卡斯·菲利普·邓菲 |
[17:48] | Whoo! My baby, my baby! | 宝贝 我的宝贝儿子 |
[17:50] | Well done, son. | 太棒了 儿子 |
[17:52] | Remember how cute he was | 还记得他小时候 |
[17:54] | in his little Buzz Lightyear costume? | 穿着巴斯光年服的可爱模样吗 |
[17:55] | Or how he used to say “Burfday” and “Li-bary”? | 以及他会说”森日快乐”跟”凸书馆” |
[17:58] | He still does. | 他现在还会 |
[18:00] | This is… tearing me up. | 这… 我真是太难过了 |
[18:03] | Congrats, buddy. | 恭喜毕业 兄弟 |
[18:06] | Why does your gown smell like Haley’s perfume? | 为什么你的毕业服有海莉的香水味 |
[18:10] | This is a fun game, isn’t it? But you know what? | 这游戏挺有趣对吧 不过呢 |
[18:13] | Maybe one where we just sat at a table… | 我们玩一个就坐在椅子上… |
[18:21] | Congratulations on the first | 恭喜你得到未来 |
[18:24] | of what I’m sure will be many diplomas. | 无数个学位中的第一个学位 |
[18:26] | Unless you want to skip all that | 除非你想跳过读书 |
[18:28] | and move to Colombia and become a radiologist. | 直接搬到哥伦比亚去当个放射科医生 |
[18:31] | Thanks for helping me with the cap-and-gown mess. | 谢谢你把我救出毕业服的坑 |
[18:33] | I don’t know what I would have done without you. | 要是没有你 我真不知道会怎么办 |
[18:35] | I’m just happy you and your dad | 我很高兴你跟你爸爸 |
[18:36] | got to have some father-son time last night. | 昨晚享受了好玩的父子时间 |
[18:39] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[18:42] | What? | 怎么了 |
[18:44] | It’s just with me graduating and everything, | 只是我今天毕业了什么的 |
[18:47] | I kind of wanted to say — | 我有点想说 |
[18:49] | you and me today, you know, | 我和你今天的事情 |
[18:52] | that’s what I think of as father-son time. | 才是我觉得真正的父子时间 |
[18:56] | Let me tell you something. | 我告诉你一件事 |
[18:59] | After my divorce, | 在我当年离婚后 |
[19:01] | my rule for dating was no kids. | 我的规矩就是不交往有孩子的女人 |
[19:04] | And then you and your mom came along, | 然后你与你妈妈出现了 |
[19:06] | and all of that went right out the window. | 我就把自己的规矩抛到九霄云外了 |
[19:10] | What I’m trying to say is… | 我想说的是… |
[19:13] | …here’s to you, son. | 敬你一杯 儿子 |
[19:17] | You know, I’m still kind of hungover. | 我还有点宿醉 |
[19:18] | You’re a man now! Power through! | 你现在是个男人了 顶过去 |
[19:21] | The thing is, we love the car. | 是这样的 我们很喜欢那台车 |
[19:23] | We were so moved by the gesture. | 你的心意太让我们感动了 |
[19:26] | So moved. | 太感动了 |
[19:28] | Hey! I’m back! | 我又能哭了 |
[19:29] | I guess I just needed to rehydrate. | 看来我只需要补充水分就行了 |
[19:32] | But we can’t keep it. | 但我们不能收下它 |
[19:35] | Honey, it’s just — It’s too generous. | 宝贝 这礼… 这礼物太重了 |
[19:37] | But I love you guys so much. | 但我这么爱你们 |
[19:38] | You’re the graduate. You need the car. It’s yours. | 毕业的是你 你需要台车 送给你 |
[19:44] | I don’t know what to say. | 我都不知道该说什么了 |
[19:46] | How ’bout “Nailed it”? | 说”果然被我料中了”如何 |
[19:47] | I wanted that sweet ride from the moment I saw it, | 打从我第一眼看到那台车我就想要了 |
[19:50] | but I knew my parents would never let me get it. | 但我知道我爸妈绝对不会让我买 |
[19:52] | I also knew they’d never keep it if I gave it to them, so… | 我也知道如果我送他们 他们绝不会收 |
[19:56] | If there were any S.A.T. questions | 如果高考问题里 |
[19:57] | about tricking your parents, I’d be going to college. | 有跟骗家长有关的问题 那我肯定能上大学 |
[20:01] | Come on, you guys. Let’s roll. | 来吧 咱们走 |
[20:04] | You guys leaving already? | 你们这么快要走啦 |
[20:05] | Yeah, we all have plans. | 对啊 我们都有安排了 |
[20:06] | Wait. Lily? | 等等 莉莉 |
[20:08] | There are nine girls who will freak | 如果我不出现在珍娜家 |
[20:09] | if I don’t make an appearance at Jenna’s. | 会有九个小女孩想我到发疯 |
[20:11] | I’m confused. I-Is she fun? | 我不懂 她是很好玩还是怎么 |
[20:14] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[20:18] | Ooh, nice ride! | 好车 |
[20:20] | Bye-bye! | 再见啦 |
[20:21] | – See ya later! – Bye! | -回头见 -再见啦 |
[20:23] | – Bye! – Bye! | -再见 -再见 |
[20:24] | Oh, my gosh! Luke is driving! | 天啊 卢克在开车 |
[20:26] | They didn’t even stay for dessert! | 他们甜点都还没吃就跑了 |
[20:28] | Oh, God. They’re really gone. | 天啊 他们真的走了 |
[20:30] | It’s so sad. | 好伤心 |
[20:32] | But isn’t it what we hoped for? | 但我们不就一直期待着这天吗 |
[20:33] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -是啊 -是 |
[20:34] | A toast. | 敬一杯 |
[20:36] | We raised them to be independent, | 我们把他们养育成独立的人 |
[20:38] | and now they’re out in the world having their own lives. | 现在他们要步入社会 开始自己的人生 |
[20:39] | We did it. | 我们成功了 |
[20:40] | – Salud! – To us! | -敬一杯 -敬我们 |
[20:42] | Oh, sorry I missed the first part, | 抱歉错过刚才那段 |
[20:43] | but I’ll drink to whatever you’re toasting. | 但你们敬什么事我都愿意喝一杯 |
[20:44] | Top me off! | 给我加点酒 |
[20:51] | Uh…what are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[20:51] | Well, I’m just trying to see | 我在寻找 |
[20:53] | if there’s anything else about Lily we haven’t noticed. | 还有什么我们不知道的关于莉莉的事 |
[20:56] | Like — she plays golf? | 比如… 她打高尔夫吗 |
[20:58] | No, we would know. Aren’t there greens fees? | 她打我们会知道的 打球还要球场费啊 |
[21:00] | And what about this? Huh? | 这个呢 |
[21:01] | “La Dolce Vita”? | 《甜蜜的生活》 |
[21:03] | She likes Italian films? | 她喜欢意大利老片吗 |
[21:04] | Well, no wonder she thought | 难怪她会觉得 |
[21:05] | Collision Course” was boring. | 动画片《冰河时代5》很无聊 |
[21:07] | I liked it. | 我喜欢啊 |
[21:08] | Okay. What else? | 再来看看还有什么 |
[21:11] | A photo of Lily shaking hands with the governor?! | 莉莉跟州长握手的照片 |
[21:13] | What? When?! | 什么 什么时候 |
[21:14] | Okay, maybe we need to start paying more attention. | 好 我们得多加关注她了 |
[21:16] | Or if it ain’t broke… | 俗话说 没坏就别… |
[21:19] | – Yeah, she’s fine. – She’s fine. | -…硬修了 她没事的 -挺好的 |