时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | – Dylan? – Oh, Mr. D. | -迪兰 -邓菲先生 |
[00:06] | You jog here, too? | 你也在这慢跑啊 |
[00:07] | I’m a half a block from my house. | 这离我们家就半个街区 |
[00:09] | Are you wearing boots? | 你穿靴子跑步吗 |
[00:10] | Okay, this is less of a coincidence than it seems. | 好吧 其实这并不是那么巧合啦 |
[00:14] | I’ve been following you around for a few days. | 我跟了你好几天了 |
[00:16] | It’s about Haley. | 是关于海莉的事 |
[00:18] | I know she’s in a relationship, | 我知道她现在正在恋爱中 |
[00:19] | but I love her, and I think she loves me. | 但是我爱她 我觉得她也爱我 |
[00:21] | Dylan, I heard about what happened. | 迪兰 我听说了发生的事 |
[00:23] | I wouldn’t read too much into it. | 要我就不会想太多 |
[00:24] | It was only one kiss. | 毕竟只是一个吻而已 |
[00:27] | Oh, no. | 不是吧 |
[00:29] | Two kisses? | 两个吻吗 |
[00:31] | Okay. | 你愿意这么想也行 |
[00:31] | I went to Dylan’s house to tell him it wasn’t okay | 我去了迪兰家跟他说 |
[00:33] | that we kissed, and I ended up sleeping with him. | 我们不应该接吻 结果我和他睡了 |
[00:36] | I would go back to his house to tell him it wasn’t okay | 我想回去告诉他我们不应该上床 |
[00:38] | we slept together, but where does that go? | 但是谁知道那又会发生什么 |
[00:41] | Anyway, I just want to talk to her, | 反正我就是想和她谈一谈 |
[00:43] | and she won’t return my calls. | 可是她不接我的电话 |
[00:44] | She’s ghosting you? | 她在跟你玩人间蒸发吗 |
[00:46] | For an older dude, you always kept up with the lingo. | 作为一个长辈 你总是这么跟得上流行语 |
[00:48] | Word. | 是滴 |
[00:50] | Aw, I’m sorry, man. | 真为你难过 小伙子 |
[00:51] | You’re a good guy. You deserve better than being ghosted. | 你是个好人 不应该被人间蒸发对待 |
[00:53] | – I’ll talk to her. – You’d do that for me? | -我会跟她说一说的 -你愿意为我这样做 |
[00:55] | Yeah, I’ll throw her a gab. You stab me? | 对 我会跟她好好唠唠 顶我不 |
[00:58] | Darn it. I think Luke’s messing with me. | 靠 卢克是不是乱教来整我了 |
[01:13] | Mama mia! | 妈妈咪呀 |
[01:14] | What is-a wrong-a with-a my arm-a? | 我的儿胳膊儿怎么儿了 |
[01:16] | Fuggedaboutit! | 别担心 |
[01:17] | Youse arm’s fine! | 你滴胳膊好好的 |
[01:19] | Ah, then why-a won’t you take a big-a, juicy bite out of it? | 那你为啥儿不来咬一大儿口这多汁的美味 |
[01:22] | Yo, Luigi, I think what we got here | 路易吉 我觉得我们 |
[01:24] | is a communication problem. | 交流有问题 |
[01:26] | See, when I said I wanted to eat Italian… | 我说我想吃意式[意大利人]时 是指… |
[01:31] | – And scene. – And scene. | -落幕 -落幕 |
[01:32] | Bravo! | 太好啦 |
[01:33] | They just made that scene up as they were going, | 他们刚才是即兴排出的戏 |
[01:36] | and then at the end, there was a funny twist. | 而且最后还有一个有趣的转折 |
[01:38] | Okay, for this next scene, | 下一幕 |
[01:40] | Sherry will play a famous person. | 雪莉会扮演一个名人 |
[01:41] | Lou Diamond Phillips! | 演员卢·戴蒙德·菲利普斯 |
[01:43] | Excellent. And, Jay, I need an occupation. | 棒 杰 帮我想个职业[我需要找正职] |
[01:45] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[01:46] | So, it turns out Manny’s fake Canadian girlfriend is real | 曼尼的虚幻加拿大女朋友竟然是真的 |
[01:50] | and annoying. | 还很烦人 |
[01:51] | Until he goes back to school, she’s staying here | 他回学校之前 她会一直住在这 |
[01:54] | and auditioning to be an improv star, | 一直试镜 准备当个即兴表演明星 |
[01:56] | just like, you know, no one ever. | 就像那个谁 你知道的 没谁 |
[02:00] | Boy, oh, boy, did that summer fly by or what? | 天啊 夏天这么快就过去了 |
[02:03] | – Anyway, off you go. – Bye, Jay. | -不说了 你走吧 -拜 杰 |
[02:05] | I miss already you, papi. | 我已经开始想你了 宝贝 |
[02:06] | He’ll be back in three days to do his laundry. | 他过三天就要回来洗脏衣服了 |
[02:08] | I’ll miss you, too. | 我也会想你的 |
[02:09] | Come here, Teddy Bear. | 过来 小泰迪熊 |
[02:11] | – See you Saturday. – I can’t wait. | -周六见 -我等不及了 |
[02:16] | Okay, I’ll be upstairs, doing space work. | 好 我去楼上练习无实物场景演绎啦 |
[02:23] | Gloria, quick question — | 歌洛莉亚 一个问题 |
[02:25] | why is that person still here? | 那个人怎么还在这 |
[02:27] | Ay! I didn’t tell you? | 我没告诉你吗 |
[02:29] | – Don’t even. – The college won’t let Sherry | -你少来 -学校不让雪莉 |
[02:32] | live in the dorm with Manny, | 和曼尼一起住宿舍 |
[02:34] | so she’s gonna stay here. | 所以她要住在这里 |
[02:36] | I am going to make a delicious sandwich. You want one? | 我要做个美味的三明治啦 你来一个吗 |
[02:38] | I don’t want a sandwich. I want her out of my house. | 我不要什么三明治 我想让她离开我们家 |
[02:40] | And I kind of want a sandwich. | 而且被你说得有点想吃三明治了 |
[02:42] | This is Manny’s first serious relationship. | 这是曼尼第一段正经感情 |
[02:45] | I used to tell him, | 我以前常常跟他说 |
[02:46] | “I know that one day you’re gonna find a woman | “我知道有一天你一定会找到这样一个女人 |
[02:49] | that will appreciate all your gifts.” | 她会欣赏你的各种优点” |
[02:52] | But I didn’t know. | 但我没想到会自食恶果 |
[02:53] | You’re saying you don’t find her annoying? | 你意思是你觉得她不烦人吗 |
[02:55] | No. I think she’s funny. And don’t worry. | 不啊 我觉得她很搞笑 别担心 |
[02:58] | She’s only gonna stay here | 她就在这住到 |
[02:59] | until she can support herself doing improv. | 她可以靠即兴表演养活自己的时候 |
[03:02] | Well, put her name on the answering machine, | 那把她的名字也加入我们家电话答录机吧 |
[03:03] | ’cause she’s not going anywhere. | 她这辈子估计都得住在这了 |
[03:05] | We’re only lucky enough to get one Wayne Brady in a lifetime. | 韦恩·布雷迪这样的人一生顶多碰到一个 |
[03:10] | Hey. I just ran into Dylan. | 我刚刚遇到迪兰了 |
[03:12] | He told me what happened between you two. | 他告诉我你们之间怎么回事了 |
[03:14] | – Look, whatever he said — – Relax. | -听着 不管他说了什么 -别紧张 |
[03:15] | I know you kissed him again. | 我知道你又亲了他 |
[03:17] | Okay. | 可以这么说 |
[03:18] | You clearly inherited | 你显然继承了 |
[03:19] | the power of the Dunphy kiss. | 我们邓菲之吻的力量 |
[03:21] | Take it from me. That can really mess with a man. | 相信我 那真的能让男人意乱情迷 |
[03:23] | You need to stop ghosting him. | 你不能再对他玩人间蒸发了 |
[03:25] | I know. It’s just so hard. | 我知道 可是这太难了 |
[03:27] | I mean, I’m with Arvin, | 我是说 我现在和阿尔文在一起 |
[03:28] | who hasn’t talked to me since I told him I kissed Dylan, | 我告诉他我吻了迪兰后他就没理过我 |
[03:30] | and every time I talk to Dylan, I end up…kissing him. | 而每次我跟迪兰谈话 最后都… 吻了他 |
[03:33] | It’s very confusing. | 反正就是很混乱啦 |
[03:34] | Well, Dylan’s a sensitive guy. | 迪兰是个内心敏感的人 |
[03:35] | After all your history together, | 你们一起经历了那么多 |
[03:37] | he deserves to know where he stands. | 他理应知道自己是什么身份 |
[03:39] | You should talk to him. | 你应该和他谈谈 |
[03:40] | Fine. I’ll tell him to come over. | 好吧 我让他过来 |
[03:42] | Use the blowfish emoji. | 用河豚表情 |
[03:44] | It means, “Brace yourself for some bad news.” | 意思是”准备迎接坏消息吧” |
[03:46] | – No, it doesn’t. – Luke. | -不 不是那个意思 -卢克 |
[03:51] | Hey, hey, no, no. | 不行 不行 |
[03:51] | I said no more screen time today, okay? | 我说过今天不许再看视频了 好吗 |
[03:54] | What’s so fascinating about truck videos, anyway? | 再说了卡车视频能有什么吸引人的 |
[03:55] | Ooh, firemen. | 惹火消防员呢 |
[03:57] | All right, Lily, let’s go. | 好了 莉莉 我们走吧 |
[03:58] | Okay, how late are we — | 我们有多晚 |
[03:59] | “Goat loose in the house” Late | “屋内丢羊”那种晚 |
[04:01] | or “Stubborn cow in the road” Late? | 还是”路中蛮牛”那种晚 |
[04:02] | You’ve lived here 20 years. Please use city time. | 你都在这住了二十年了 说人话行吗 |
[04:04] | Oh, Cal, Cal, Cal, Cal! | 卡尔 卡尔 卡尔 卡尔 |
[04:05] | No, you’re spilling all over the floor! | 不要啊 你洒了一地 |
[04:08] | Hey, Lily, can you watch where you’re going? | 莉莉 你走路能看看路吗 |
[04:10] | Yeah, I’m the problem. | 行 麻烦都赖我行了吧 |
[04:12] | Now we’re gonna have to change his shoes. | 现在我们得给他换鞋了 |
[04:13] | No, he can’t wear his other shoes | 不对 他不能穿其他鞋 |
[04:14] | because he scribbled on those in crayon | 因为他拿蜡笔在上面乱写乱画 |
[04:16] | and it looks like a swastika, and in this day and age… | 看上去像纳粹十字符一样 在今天这个时代 |
[04:18] | Not just this day and age. | 不仅仅是当今时代 |
[04:19] | Okay. His shoes are fine. They have kids. | 行了 他的鞋没事 他们也有孩子 |
[04:22] | They know they ruin everything. | 他们知道孩子会毁了一切 |
[04:25] | – Except your life. – Yeah. | -除了你的生活 -对 |
[04:27] | Nice save. | 圆得不错 |
[04:28] | Another Assistant District Attorney in my office, Trent, | 我们办公室的另一个助理地检 特伦特 |
[04:31] | invited us over for lunch, which is great | 邀请我们共进午餐 这简直太好了 |
[04:33] | because he is looking for a second chair | 因为他在找一个次席律師 |
[04:36] | on a very high-profile case, and I want in. | 一起处理一个受人瞩目的案子 我想加入 |
[04:39] | You know, I was second-chair washboard | 知道吗 我以前是蚱蜢高中 |
[04:41] | in the Grasshopper High School orchestra. | 交响乐团的搓衣板次席 |
[04:45] | Go on. | 你继续 |
[04:46] | So, Trent and I have so much in common. | 是这样的 特兰特和我有好多共同点 |
[04:49] | His husband works in a school, just like Cam, | 他的丈夫也在学校工作 就像小卡一样 |
[04:51] | and they have two young kids. | 他们也有两个小孩 |
[04:53] | I mean, if there was a gay lawyer dating site, | 我的意思是 要是有个同志律师交友网 |
[04:56] | we’d be a perfect match. | 我们绝对能完美配对 |
[04:57] | It could be called HungJuries.Com. | 那可以叫悬案[巨根]陪审团网 |
[05:00] | Good. So, get all that out before we go. | 行吧 走之前把这些烂哏都先说完 |
[05:04] | Welcome. Come in. You must be Cam. | 欢迎 请进 你一定就是小卡了 |
[05:06] | – Hi. – Hi. I’m Trent. | -你好 -你好 我是特兰特 |
[05:07] | This is my husband — Kieran. | 这是我的丈夫 基兰 |
[05:08] | Hi. Nice to meet you. This is Lily and Cal. | 你好 很高兴见到你们 这是莉莉和卡尔 |
[05:10] | Sorry we’re late. | 不好意思我们迟到了 |
[05:11] | These two got into a little spat in the car, | 这俩个家伙在车上小吵小闹了一阵儿 |
[05:13] | and we had to pull over, so… | 我们不得不靠边停下车 所以 |
[05:15] | He burped in my face. | 他朝我脸上打嗝 |
[05:16] | You were looking at me. | 谁让你当时正看着我 |
[05:17] | Great, great. Round 2. | 好了 好了 第二轮又来了 |
[05:19] | I’m sure you guys get it. | 我相信你们懂的 |
[05:21] | Oh, totally. Our little ones are even worse in the car. | 当然 我们的小家伙在车里更闹腾 |
[05:23] | Oh, I’ll go get them so the kids can play. | 我去把他们带过来让孩子们一起玩 |
[05:26] | Wow. Your house, it’s — it’s — it’s beautiful. | 你们的房子 可真是 真是 真漂亮 |
[05:28] | And — Oh, my God, this plate is gorgeous. | 而且 天啊 这个盘子太美了 |
[05:31] | Oh, thank you. Yeah, we got that in Nepal | 谢谢夸奖 我们在尼泊尔 |
[05:32] | at a festival celebrating the child goddess Kumari. | 一个童女神庆典节日上买的 |
[05:35] | Oh, well, the closest I’ve been to a child goddess | 我和童[童年]女神最近的一次接触 |
[05:37] | was my Drew Barrymore lunch box. | 就是我的女星茱兒·芭莉摩午餐盒 |
[05:40] | God, your house is so clean! | 老天 你们的房子好干净 |
[05:42] | How do you keep it so clean with kids? | 你们有孩子是怎么让它保持这么干净的 |
[05:44] | Here they are. | 它们来啦 |
[05:45] | This is Devon and Denise. | 这是德文和丹妮诗 |
[05:46] | Th-Those are your — Those are your kids. | 这 这是你的 这就是你的孩子 |
[05:49] | Oh, my God. I did it again. | 老天 我又来了 |
[05:51] | I’m so used to calling them our kids, | 我太习惯叫它们孩子了 |
[05:53] | sometimes I forget to clarify. | 有的时候我忘记说清楚 |
[05:55] | No. It’s fine. | 没事 没关系 |
[05:56] | And isn’t Devon just a little cutie? | 德文可真是个小可爱啊 |
[05:58] | That’s Denise. She’s the funny one. | 那是丹妮诗 她是有意思的那一个 |
[06:00] | Daddy, I’m bored. | 爸爸 我好无聊哦 |
[06:01] | Okay, that’s not polite, Lily. | 好了 这样不礼貌 莉莉 |
[06:02] | Now, hang on, little lady. | 稍安勿躁 小淑女 |
[06:04] | I’m about to get your party started. | 我来给你找点乐子 |
[06:06] | This is a hand-carved backgammon set from Sri Lanka. | 这是一套斯里兰卡买的手刻双陆棋 |
[06:10] | Use the gloves. Have fun. | 用手套 好好玩吧 |
[06:11] | And while the kids are playing… | 孩子们玩的时候 |
[06:13] | Or choking. | 或者噎着的时候 |
[06:14] | …why don’t you guys join us in the kitchen? | 不如你们和我们一起来厨房 |
[06:15] | I’ll grab us some wine. | 我来拿点酒 |
[06:16] | I hope you don’t mind white. | 我希望你不介意白葡萄酒 |
[06:18] | We lost a couch to a Cabernet incident, | 我们因为一次红酒事件损失了一个沙发 |
[06:19] | and Trent still gets flashbacks. | 特兰特现在还有阴影 |
[06:21] | Okay. Go have fun, kids. | 好了 去玩吧 孩子们 |
[06:23] | – Yes! – Okay, okay. | -好 -好好 |
[06:24] | First of all, no drinking juice. | 第一点 不能喝果汁 |
[06:26] | Let me pat him down. | 让我来从上到下检查一遍 |
[06:27] | All right. Let me check you. | 好了 让我来检查一下你 |
[06:29] | All right, he is clean. | 好了 他没问题 |
[06:30] | Wait. What is this? | 等等 这是什么 |
[06:32] | How did that get in there? | 那东西怎么会在这 |
[06:34] | Okay, okay, look. Hey, come here. | 好了 好了 听着 你过来 |
[06:36] | Just sit here. Do not move. | 坐在这 不要动 |
[06:38] | You can play with Devon…ise. | 你可以和德文… 妮诗玩 |
[06:40] | Uh, you can watch your truck videos. | 你可以看你的卡车视频 |
[06:41] | Hey, don’t take your eyes off of him. | 你 别让他离开你的视线 |
[06:43] | So, just to be clear, I don’t get any childhood? | 所以 确认一下 我不能有快乐童年吗 |
[06:47] | Oh, please. Last week, we taught you how to make flan. | 拜托 上周我们还教你怎么做果馅饼呢 |
[06:52] | That’s Dylan. | 是迪兰 |
[06:53] | You need me to stick around? | 你需要我留下吗 |
[06:54] | Nope. I was just downstairs practicing what to say, | 不用 我刚刚在楼下练习该说什么 |
[06:57] | and I am prepared for every possible scenario. | 我准备好面对每种可能的情景了 |
[07:02] | Okay. | 来吧 |
[07:04] | – Hello, love! – Oh, no. | -你好 亲爱的 -不 |
[07:05] | I missed you, too, Haley. | 我也想你 海莉 |
[07:07] | Surprise! | 大惊喜 |
[07:08] | Arvin called me from Switzerland | 阿尔文从瑞士打电话给我 |
[07:10] | ’cause he wanted to surprise you, | 因为他想给你个惊喜 |
[07:11] | so I snuck to the airport and picked him up. | 所以我偷偷去机场把他接来了 |
[07:13] | I can’t believe we got away with it! | 真不敢相信我们没被发现 |
[07:15] | – Oh, good. This again. – Yeah! | -乖乖 又击掌 -没错 |
[07:21] | – Uh, come inside! – Look at me! | -快进来 -快看我 |
[07:23] | I’m gonna go make some tea! | 我去泡点茶 |
[07:24] | Yeah, look at him! | 是啊 快看他 |
[07:28] | Get away from that door | 不要接近那扇门 |
[07:29] | Oh, hey, Mr. Dunphy. | 邓菲先生 |
[07:32] | You broke my heart. | 你伤了我的”心” |
[07:43] | Look, Dylan — | 迪兰 |
[07:44] | No explanation necessary, Mr. D. | 无需解释 邓非先生 |
[07:46] | If you had to rough me up and take me hostage, | 假如你不得不对我动粗并将我挟持 |
[07:48] | I’m sure you had your reasons. | 我相信你有充分的理由 |
[07:49] | Okay, Dylan, first, we have to talk about your costume. | 好吧 迪兰 我们得先谈谈你这扮相 |
[07:52] | – Do you love it? – It’s fantastic! | -你喜欢吗 -非常棒 |
[07:54] | But the timing couldn’t be worse. | 但时机不能更糟了 |
[07:56] | – Why? – Have a seat. | -为什么 -你先坐 |
[08:05] | You know what? Standing’s fine. | 还是站着吧 |
[08:08] | Listen. Arvin’s here. | 听着 阿尔文来了 |
[08:11] | He flew back from Switzerland to surprise Haley. | 他从瑞士飞回来给海莉惊喜 |
[08:14] | I’m up against another grand gesture. | 我的对手也搞大示爱 |
[08:17] | What’s he dressed as? | 他扮成什么了 |
[08:18] | Nothing. Just-just himself. | 他没变装 穿自己衣服来的 |
[08:21] | I like my chances. | 我觉得我胜算很大 |
[08:24] | I’m sorry I didn’t call you back. | 我很抱歉没回你电话 |
[08:26] | I just needed time to process the whole Dylan thing. | 我只是需要时间来思考迪兰这件事 |
[08:30] | That’s totally understandable. | 完全可以理解 |
[08:32] | Mom, got it from here. | 妈 接下来交给我吧 |
[08:34] | Of course. | 当然 |
[08:36] | We really got her, huh? | 我们真的吓到她了对吗 |
[08:38] | Forgive me. I can’t anymore. | 原谅我 我实在不想击掌了 |
[08:39] | – I just — I can’t. – Okay. | -我做不到 -好的 |
[08:42] | Haley, I need to tell you something. | 海莉 我有话要告诉你 |
[08:45] | I transgressed. | 我越过男女界限了 |
[08:47] | You were a woman? | 你从女人变成了男人吗 |
[08:48] | No. No. | 不 不是 |
[08:49] | After you told me about your kiss, um, | 在你告诉我那个吻的事后 |
[08:51] | I headed straight to a pub frequented by other scientists | 我径直去了其他科学家常光顾的酒吧 |
[08:55] | and, long story short, | 长话短说 |
[08:57] | I kissed a nuclear physicist. | 我吻了一个核物理学家 |
[08:59] | I know it’s not PC to say, | 我知道这话有些政治不正确 |
[09:01] | but they really are the loosest of the scientific disciplines. | 但他们还真是所有科学学科里最”随便”的了 |
[09:05] | I forgive you. | 我原谅你 |
[09:06] | Just like that, so fast? | 就这样 这么快 |
[09:08] | Yeah. Why not? Let’s just agree we’re both equally guilty, | 为什么不 我们同意彼此一样有错 |
[09:10] | move on, and never talk about it again. | 向前看 永不再讨论这件事吧 |
[09:12] | For the record, it could have gone further. | 声明一下 我忍住了没和她更进一步 |
[09:14] | I-I just want a little credit for that. | 我希望你能为此夸我一下 |
[09:16] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:20] | Mom! | 妈 |
[09:22] | What? | 怎么了 |
[09:23] | I do this every day at 3:00. | 我每天三点都这样做 |
[09:38] | Harpo, what are you doing? | 兄台 你在做什么呢 |
[09:40] | Studying you, creating a character. | 研究你 创造角色 |
[09:42] | Imagine I’m not here. | 你就假想我不在 |
[09:43] | I’m not that creative. | 我没那么有想象力 |
[09:44] | Maybe you could help me. | 不如你帮我一把实际离开 |
[09:47] | So gruff. Love it. | 真粗鲁 我喜欢 |
[09:49] | – I’m leaving. – I’m leaving. | -我走 -我走 |
[09:50] | Good. You go. | 很好 你走 |
[09:52] | Look at you, | 瞧瞧你们 |
[09:53] | mis dos amigos! | 我的两个好朋友 |
[09:56] | Look at-look at you, mis dos amigos! | 瞧瞧 瞧瞧你们 我的两个好朋友 |
[10:00] | That does sound like me. | 的确听起来很像我 |
[10:02] | You’re so talented. | 你真有天赋 |
[10:05] | Okay, that was strange. | 太奇怪了 |
[10:06] | Gloria hates when people imitate her. | 歌洛莉亚最讨厌别人模仿她 |
[10:08] | And then Gloria says, “Where are my ‘chews’? | 然后歌洛莉亚说”我的’爷”[鞋]哪去了 |
[10:11] | I cannot go to the club without my ‘chews.’ | 没有”爷”我怎么去俱乐部 |
[10:14] | Your stupid doggie chews my ‘chews’!” | 你的傻狗把我的”爷”咬坏了” |
[10:18] | Ay, funny. | 很好笑 |
[10:20] | Manny, come rub my ankles, papi! | 曼尼 宝贝 来帮我揉揉脚踝 |
[10:23] | Good, good. | 很好 |
[10:24] | But how is your funny old man character coming? | 不过你那个搞笑老头的角色练得怎么样了 |
[10:30] | Somebody get me a scotch | 谁给我倒杯威士忌 |
[10:31] | that’s as stiff as my back. | 要和我的背痛一样烈的 |
[10:33] | Do that again! | 再学一次 |
[10:35] | That’s the money! | 就靠这个发达了 |
[10:36] | How did you know she was doing that? | 你怎么知道她在练这个 |
[10:38] | She is so supportive. It was her idea. | 她特别支持我 这是她的主意 |
[10:41] | And there it was. | 原来如此 |
[10:42] | Gloria didn’t want that weirdo here any more than I did. | 歌洛莉亚和我一样不喜欢那个怪胎住在家里 |
[10:45] | She just wanted me to be the bad guy. | 她只是希望我来做坏人 |
[10:47] | But the joke’s on her, | 不过她可想得美 |
[10:49] | because, for short bursts of time, I can be quite nice. | 因为我可以很短暂地对他人很友好 |
[10:53] | We’re trying out a new recipe for risotto. | 我们在尝试新的调味饭菜谱 |
[10:55] | We went truffle hunting in Tuscany, | 我们去托斯卡纳找松露 |
[10:57] | and we brought back a few more than we declared. | 偷偷多夹带回来一些 |
[11:00] | Oh, and you, an officer of the court. So naughty. | 你一个堂堂法院官员竟这么坏 |
[11:04] | Don’t worry. We’re cool. | 别担心 我们没那么死板 |
[11:06] | We get our Propecia in Mexico. | 我们的生发剂也是墨西哥弄回来的 |
[11:09] | Tell us more about Tuscany. | 多跟我们说说托斯卡纳的事 |
[11:11] | Remember when we were saving up to go there? | 记得我们攒钱计划去旅行吗 |
[11:12] | What did we end up blowing that money on? | 后来那笔钱用在什么上面了 |
[11:14] | – Lily. – Right. | -莉莉 -是啊 |
[11:15] | Oh, well, your life sounds so exciting. | 你们的生活听起来真多彩多姿 |
[11:18] | Your house is so beautiful, with such nice things. | 你们的房子这么漂亮 全是好东西 |
[11:21] | Well, they don’t have to spend their money on orthodontia, | 他们不需要把钱花在牙齿矫正 |
[11:23] | – ballet lessons, and college funds. – Yeah. | -芭蕾课和大学基金上 -是啊 |
[11:24] | The grass is greener. | 这山望着那山高 |
[11:25] | Your grass is greener. | 你们的山的确更高 |
[11:27] | We can’t seem to get Cal to pee indoors. | 我们都没办法让卡尔在室内尿尿 |
[11:29] | Well, your family seems great. | 你的家庭看起来很美好 |
[11:30] | And, Mitchell, you are killing it at the office. | 米奇尔在单位也锋芒毕露 |
[11:32] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[11:33] | Because I-I feel like I’m kind of getting | 因为我觉得我接到的 |
[11:35] | more low-profile, starter cases. | 都是不起眼 入门级的官司 |
[11:38] | Uh, I wouldn’t worry about that. | 我要是你就不会担心 |
[11:39] | There’s actually a big case that I am working on, | 其实我最近接了一起大官司 |
[11:41] | I think you will — | 我认为你… |
[11:43] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[11:44] | – What was that?! – Go! Go! | -什么声音 -快去 |
[11:46] | Please let it be one of their kids. | 拜托千万是他家孩子惹的祸 |
[11:48] | There you are! | 你们在这呢 |
[11:50] | Hey. Uh, Haley, do you have a sec? | 海莉 你有空吗 |
[11:52] | If you don’t mind, we were kind of in the middle of something. | 你不介意的话 我俩有点脱不开身 |
[11:55] | Phil, what are you doing intruding on these two? | 菲尔 你为什么要打扰他们俩 |
[11:59] | I just need to show Haley something in my office. | 我办公室里有样东西得给海莉看看 |
[12:01] | I was doing a little cleaning, and I came across this old doll | 我刚才在打扫 偶然看到一个旧娃娃 |
[12:03] | that used to mean a lot to her. | 过去她特别喜欢 |
[12:05] | Can’t you just get rid of the doll? | 你不能直接处理掉它吗 |
[12:07] | I started to, but it really seems like | 本来要处理 但我真的认为 |
[12:09] | something you should do, you know, for closure. | 你该自己去 有个了结 |
[12:13] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[12:14] | Wait. You need closure from a doll? | 等等 娃娃还需要了结吗 |
[12:17] | That seems odd. | 感觉有点怪 |
[12:18] | Well, I did sleep with that thing since I was like 16. | 毕竟我16岁起就和那个娃娃一起睡了 |
[12:20] | 16? | 16岁 |
[12:21] | 16? | 16岁 |
[12:22] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[12:25] | Dylan. | 迪兰 |
[12:27] | What is Dylan doing here? | 迪兰怎么会在这 |
[12:29] | He’s making a grand gesture. | 他来搞大示爱 |
[12:30] | He won’t leave until he talks to Haley. | 不和海莉谈谈他不肯走 |
[12:32] | Oh, my God. It was one kiss. | 我的天 不过是一个吻而已 |
[12:35] | Poor, naive Claire. | 又傻又天真的克莱尔 |
[12:36] | It was two kisses. | 是两个吻 |
[12:38] | You have something to do with this? | 你是怎么掺和进来的 |
[12:39] | Haley was ghosting him. | 海莉一直对他玩人间蒸发 |
[12:40] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[12:41] | You are so not hip. | 你也太不潮了 |
[12:43] | She wouldn’t call him back, | 她不肯回他电话 |
[12:45] | so I told her to do the right thing | 所以我叫她做正确的事 |
[12:46] | and end it — or whatever — in person. | 当面有个了结 或者随便怎样 |
[12:48] | “Or whatever”? No “or whatever.” | “随便怎样” 那可不行 |
[12:50] | She’s been “or whatever-ing” since puberty. | 她从青春期起就”随便怎样”了 |
[12:53] | It is time for her to grow up. | 她是时候成熟起来了 |
[12:55] | Doesn’t matter. Look, | 无所谓 |
[12:56] | we both want the same thing for her in the end. | 归根结底我们对她的期望是一样的 |
[12:59] | – Absolutely. – Right. | -绝对的 -没错 |
[13:00] | For her to make her own decision. | 让她自己做出选择 |
[13:01] | Of course. The only decision is…Arvin. | 当然 唯一的选择是 阿尔文 |
[13:04] | I agree. Arvin is very impressive. | 我同意 阿尔文很出众 |
[13:06] | But you should know Dylan has been | 但你该知道迪兰最近 |
[13:08] | putting himself through nursing school, | 在勤勉地读护理学校 |
[13:10] | working at the hospital, running. | 在医院工作 跑步 |
[13:13] | You’re not honestly making a case for that guy? | 别告诉我你是真心在维护那家伙 |
[13:15] | That guy would take a bullet for Haley. | 那家伙会为海莉出生入死 |
[13:17] | Why are you so invested in him? | 你为什么对他感情这么深 |
[13:18] | Because I was that guy! | 因为我当年和他一样 |
[13:20] | I was the underdog with every girl I ever liked. | 我不管喜欢哪个女孩都配不上人家 |
[13:22] | That’s very sweet. | 真窝心 |
[13:24] | But this isn’t about you. | 可重点不在于你 |
[13:25] | This is about Haley | 重点在于海莉 |
[13:27] | being with a respected, charming scientist | 是选择受人尊敬 有魅力的科学家 |
[13:31] | versus a guy who Lily convinced to eat a box of crayons. | 还是选择在莉莉哄骗下吃掉一盒蜡笔的家伙 |
[13:34] | It was one bite out of one crayon. | 他只咬了一支蜡笔一口 |
[13:35] | It was only because he was blindfolded | 还是因为他被蒙着眼睛 |
[13:37] | and trapped in a Chinese finger puzzle. | 手指又被手指锁锁住了 |
[13:40] | I had no idea Arvin was going to be here, | 我不知道阿尔文会来 |
[13:43] | but can we please do this another time? | 但我们改天再谈好吗 |
[13:44] | I won’t have the costume another time, Haley. | 改天我就没有这身装扮了 海莉 |
[13:47] | So, this is the doll you slept with. | 这就是陪你睡了多年的娃娃[美男] |
[13:51] | Hey, you’re pretty handsome yourself. | 你也长得挺好看的 |
[13:56] | So many questions. | 我有太多问题了 |
[13:59] | First — why have you snuck ’round to see the bloke | 第一 你要是因为吻他而难过 |
[14:02] | you supposedly feel terrible about kissing? | 又为什么偷偷摸摸见他 |
[14:04] | Yo, I hope this doesn’t sound braggy, but for the most part, | 我不是炫耀 但大多数情况下 |
[14:07] | people do not feel terrible about kissing me. | 人们吻过我后一点都不难过 |
[14:10] | Okay, guys, stop. | 你们俩打住 |
[14:11] | Listen to me, my simple friend. | 听好了 这位好傻好天真的朋友 |
[14:14] | I just spent 14 hours in a middle seat. | 我刚坐了14小时飞机中间排的位子 |
[14:17] | I suggest you get out of my space. | 我劝你最好别挡老子的道 |
[14:19] | Well, I suggest, next time, you ask about an exit row. | 我还要建议你下次去做有逃生门那排呢 |
[14:22] | It could still be a middle seat, but you’d have more leg room. | 虽然还是可能得做到中间排 但好歹够伸腿 |
[14:25] | You have to go! | 你给我走 |
[14:29] | Enough! Stop fighting or whatever this is. | 够了 停止打架或者随便这个什么鬼 |
[14:32] | Arvin! There you are! | 阿尔文 你在这里啊 |
[14:35] | Oh. Hi, Dylan. | 你也好啊 迪兰 |
[14:36] | Radiant as ever, Mrs. D. | 如往常一般容光焕发啊 邓菲太太 |
[14:39] | Haley, tell him to leave. | 海莉 赶紧让他滚啊 |
[14:41] | Let me see if I can defuse the situation. | 我来试试缓解这场面吧 |
[14:42] | Mom, Dad, stop meddling in my life. | 妈 老爸 别再插手我的人生 |
[14:45] | Outside now! | 现在都出去 |
[14:46] | – All right. – Now! | -行吧 -立刻 |
[14:47] | Okay. Okay. | 好好好 |
[14:50] | Help me. I don’t know what to do. | 快帮忙 我不知道该怎么办了 |
[14:54] | My mask! | 我的面具 |
[14:55] | We are so, so sorry. | 我们真的超级对不起 |
[14:57] | I tried to block him. | 我试过要挡住他了 |
[14:58] | He faked going for the glass frog. | 他假动作骗我去救玻璃青蛙了 |
[15:00] | I can’t believe it. | 我真不敢相信 |
[15:01] | Breathe, honey. Breathe. | 深呼吸 宝贝 深呼吸 |
[15:04] | Can we fix it? | 我们能修好吗 |
[15:04] | Oh, I don’t know. Do you happen to have any clay | 不一定啊 你有没有非洲第一高峰上 |
[15:06] | from the melted runoff of Kilimanjaro? | 因融雪而成的黏土呢 |
[15:08] | Because that’s what it’s made of! | 因为它就是用这材料做的 |
[15:09] | We got it on our first trip to Tanzania. | 这是我们第一次去坦桑尼亚时得到的 |
[15:11] | It was blessed by the shaman that healed his psoriasis. | 被治好他牛皮癣的萨满所加持过 |
[15:14] | Of course we’ll be happy to pay to replace it. | 我们很乐意去找替代品补偿你的损失 |
[15:16] | It’s irreplaceable! | 这东西无可替代 |
[15:18] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[15:19] | It’s back. Oh. | 又开始发作了 |
[15:22] | We cannot apologize enough. | 我们真觉得道再多歉也不够 |
[15:24] | That’s probably true. | 这话可能还真说对了 |
[15:25] | I’ll go get lunch. | 我去弄午饭 |
[15:27] | Okay, this is a disaster. | 惨了 这真的很糟糕 |
[15:29] | I know, but is any part of you still hearing | 但你可还有留意到他有提起 |
[15:30] | “first trip to Tanzania”? | “第一次去坦桑尼亚时” |
[15:32] | He was just about to offer me the case I want. | 他就差一点就要把那个案子给我了 |
[15:34] | Well, there’ll be other cases. | 没事 以后还会有别的案子 |
[15:35] | No. This one involves a music producer, | 不行 这案子牵扯到一个音乐制作人 |
[15:37] | an escort, and illegal arms sales, okay? | 一个高级伴游 还有非法武器销售 |
[15:39] | I want to bring them to justice. | 我想要将他们绳之以法 |
[15:41] | Plus, they’ve already sold the movie rights. | 而且他们已经卖出了电影翻拍版权 |
[15:42] | I could be played by Ryan Gosling. | 有可能会是帅哥男星瑞恩·高斯林演我呢 |
[15:44] | That’s it, honey. Aim high. | 是是是 亲爱的 要胸怀大志 |
[15:45] | Oh, my God. What can we do? | 天啊 这下怎么办 |
[15:47] | What can we do? | 我们该怎么解释 |
[15:51] | – Quick. Bite my ankle. – Excuse me? | -快点 快咬我脚踝 -你说什么 |
[15:54] | Hurry, before they come back. I’m gonna tell them | 快点 趁他们回来之前咬 这样我就能说 |
[15:55] | the dog did it. It’ll cancel out the mask. | 是狗咬了我 这样面具的事就能抵消了 |
[15:57] | Just do it. | 快咬 |
[15:59] | Harder. It needs to scar me. | 大力点 得留下伤痕 |
[16:00] | It’s definitely scarring me. | 这绝对给我心灵留下了伤痕 |
[16:02] | They need to believe a dog did it. | 得让他们相信是狗咬的 |
[16:07] | Oh. Well, if you’re — | 这个嘛… 如果你们… |
[16:09] | you’re gonna make us wait so long to eat, | 如果你们午饭要让我们等这么久 |
[16:10] | this shouldn’t come as a surprise. | 看到这一幕也不算什么奇怪的事吧 |
[16:14] | Gloria, come here! | 歌洛莉亚 快来看 |
[16:16] | You got to see this. She’s on fire. | 你一定得来看 她太出色了 |
[16:18] | Now, check this out. | 你快瞧瞧 |
[16:20] | I can throw anything at her, | 我能给她出任何题 |
[16:21] | and she can make comedy gold out of it. | 她都能瞬间演得超爆笑 |
[16:24] | Here. Um… | 来 |
[16:25] | John Travolta in a submarine. | 约翰·特拉沃尔塔在潜水艇里 |
[16:32] | Yeah, because a submarine is small. | 懂了吧 因为潜艇里很狭窄 |
[16:35] | You were right, Gloria. She’s hilarious. | 歌洛莉亚你说得真对 她超搞笑 |
[16:37] | Do another one. Um… | 再来一题吧 |
[16:39] | T. Rex in a volleyball game. | 霸王龙打排球 |
[16:45] | Look at that. | 你看看 |
[16:46] | It’s hard to spike with little arms. | 霸王龙的小短手很难杀球 |
[16:49] | Jay, can I talk to you in there for a second? | 杰 能借一步说话吗 |
[16:51] | Yeah, yeah. All right. | 行行行 没问题 |
[16:52] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[16:54] | What a hoot! | 太好笑了 |
[16:56] | What is your game, old man? | 你耍什么阴招呢 老鬼 |
[16:57] | Nothing. I’m loving this. | 没招啊 我超喜欢 |
[16:59] | My only fear is that she might hit it big and leave us. | 我现在只怕她哪天火了会想搬走 |
[17:02] | You think I’m an idiot? | 你当我傻啊 |
[17:02] | Nobody thinks that that is funny. | 没人会觉得刚才的表演好笑 |
[17:05] | Be honest — you want her out of here more than I do. | 你说实话 你明明比我更想要她滚蛋 |
[17:07] | Okay, fine, but I don’t want to be the mother | 行 但我不想当那种 |
[17:09] | that hates her son’s girlfriends. | 讨厌自己儿子女朋友的妈妈 |
[17:11] | I don’t want to be the villain anymore. | 我也不想再当家里那个坏人了 |
[17:13] | But that’s your job. | 但这是你的职责啊 |
[17:14] | I am the quiet and fun one. | 我是负责安静有趣的母亲 |
[17:17] | Have you not heard her impression of you? | 你是没看到她模仿你的样子吗 |
[17:18] | It’s dead-on. | 像到爆炸 |
[17:19] | You want to get rid of her, you do it. | 你想把她赶走你就自己动手 |
[17:21] | I won’t have to, because I can pretend | 不需要 因为我假装喜欢她的持续力 |
[17:23] | that I like Sherry longer than you can. | 将会比你长很多 |
[17:26] | You will crack first. | 你会先受不了的 |
[17:29] | You will crack first! | 你会先受不了的 |
[17:30] | Sherry, you cannot stay here. | 雪莉 你不能住这里了 |
[17:33] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么啊 |
[17:34] | Because you’re driving me crazy. | 因为你快把我逼疯了 |
[17:36] | But I thought you liked me. | 我还以为你挺喜欢我呢 |
[17:38] | What can I say, kid? She’s rough. | 孩子 我也不知道说什么 她很难相处 |
[17:40] | Let me get your bag. | 我去帮你拿行李 |
[17:41] | Hey, I’m back! Guess what. | 我回来啦 你们猜怎么着 |
[17:43] | All that calligraphy I’ve done for the dean paid off. | 我以前帮主任写的那些书法有回报了 |
[17:45] | He said you can stay with me. | 他说我可以跟你住一起了 |
[17:46] | Your mom just told me she hates me. | 你妈妈刚说她讨厌我 |
[17:49] | Mom, why would you say that? | 妈 你为什么会说这种话 |
[17:52] | And scene! | 落幕 |
[17:55] | Why can’t I tell Dylan to leave? | 为什么我不能叫迪兰走 |
[17:56] | Because you are scared of the first real, adult relationship | 因为你对你人生首次真心成熟 |
[18:01] | with the perfect man, and you’re clinging to the past. | 对象还完美的恋情感到惶恐 所以想躲回旧爱 |
[18:04] | Or you and Dylan have a special connection | 也可能你跟迪兰有着十分特别的缘分 |
[18:07] | and you still love him. | 而且你还爱着他 |
[18:08] | Not helping. | 完全没帮到我 |
[18:09] | God, they’re both such great guys, | 天啊 他们俩都是很好的男人 |
[18:11] | but they’re so different. | 但型真的好不一样 |
[18:12] | How am I supposed to choose? | 我到底该怎么选啊 |
[18:14] | How did you guys do it? | 你们当时怎么选中彼此的 |
[18:15] | Well, sweetheart, I — | 乖女儿 我… |
[18:17] | I’m not gonna be any help here. | 这题我真是帮不上你了 |
[18:18] | From the minute I met your mom, there was no choice. | 从我见到你妈妈的那一秒 我就抛弃了选择 |
[18:21] | She was smart. She was strong. | 她聪明又坚强 |
[18:23] | She resented her father just enough to go for a guy like me. | 她对父亲的怨恨恰好够爱上我这样的人 |
[18:26] | She — She gave my life balance, | 她… 她让我的人生得到了平衡 |
[18:29] | and now I can’t imagine it without her. | 我现在早已无法想象失去她会如何 |
[18:31] | Also, she’s — | 而且她… |
[18:32] | she’s crazy hot. | 真的长得超正 |
[18:35] | Mom? | 老妈 |
[18:35] | Well, first of all, um, | 首先呢 |
[18:37] | I’m a sucker for guys who say things like that. | 我对能说出刚才那种话的男人没抵抗力 |
[18:41] | Your dad is the nicest, most positive person I know, | 你爸爸是我见过人最好 最积极正面的人 |
[18:43] | and he always helps me find the fun in life. | 他总能帮我找到生命中的那些欢乐 |
[18:46] | And, uh, he is still real easy on the peepers. | 而且他… 现在看起来还是超顺眼的呢 |
[18:50] | Aww. We really are lucky. | 我们真的很幸运呢 |
[18:51] | Oh, I know. | 对啊 |
[18:52] | I forgot what we were even fighting about. | 我都忘了我们刚才在吵什么了 |
[18:54] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[18:56] | You weren’t fighting. We were talking about my problem. | 你们没在吵架 刚才是在讨论我的烦恼 |
[18:58] | – Oh, yeah. – Oh, honey, | -对哦 -亲爱的 |
[19:00] | you should probably just ignore everything we said | 你最好还是忘了我们说的那些话 |
[19:02] | and try to imagine your life with each of them. | 然后想象分别与他们在一起的人生会如何 |
[19:05] | What do you see? | 你能看到什么画面 |
[19:09] | I guess, with Arvin, I see a big, beautiful house… | 跟阿尔文在一起 能预见到又大又漂亮的房子 |
[19:13] | Arvin! | 阿尔文 |
[19:15] | Arvin, wait! | 阿尔文你等等我 |
[19:16] | …lined with books, | 房子里摆满了各种书籍 |
[19:18] | interesting people coming in and out, | 有趣的人们来家里拜访 |
[19:20] | raising kids with a brilliant man. | 与一个出色的男人一起养大孩子 |
[19:24] | I’m so sorry. I… | 我真的很对不起 我… |
[19:26] | Oh, well. | 没事啦 |
[19:28] | Now I may have to use my genius for evil. | 现在我可能得用我的聪明才智干坏事了 |
[19:30] | You’re my origin story. | 而你就是我的恶人黑化起源 |
[19:33] | What? | 什么 |
[19:34] | Every supervillain has a reason they’re so… | 每个超级坏蛋都有个令他们那么… |
[19:38] | You know, maybe this is for the best. | 算了 或许这样最好 |
[19:42] | With Dylan, I see us in a cute, little place | 与迪兰在一起呢 我能预见 |
[19:45] | that needs a ton of work. | 我们小而温馨 但需要努力改善的家 |
[19:49] | We may not have all the nicest things, | 我们或许没办法拥有各种最好的东西 |
[19:51] | but there’s music and laughing, | 但永远会有音乐与欢声笑语 |
[19:55] | and I know I can always be myself, | 而且我知道我能永远当自己 |
[19:57] | and he’ll always love me for it. | 他也会永远爱真正的我 |
[20:02] | I just got out of a relationship. | 我刚刚结束一段恋情 |
[20:05] | I’m, like, a complete mess. | 我现在真的是一团乱 |
[20:07] | That’s perfect. I love messes. | 那太好了 我就喜欢一团乱 |
[20:11] | Can we, uh, take a step back | 我们能不能… 退后一步 |
[20:13] | and just go out on a date? | 就单纯从约个会开始 |
[20:15] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[20:17] | Your chariot awaits. | 座驾已在此等候多时 |
[20:19] | I couldn’t fit in my car, you know. | 我这样坐不进我的车嘛 |
[20:24] | Okay, I’ll just — Oh! | 好 我就先… |
[20:28] | We’re never gonna be able to retire, are we? | 我们俩看来是永远也别想退休了吧 |
[20:31] | Nope. | 别想了 |
[20:41] | Ah. I’m sorry the juicy trial didn’t work out. | 很遗憾那个很有料的案子没到手 |
[20:43] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[20:44] | Yeah. I-I guess if I had to do it all over again, | 如果我能有机会重来 |
[20:47] | I wouldn’t have told you to bite me. | 我不会再叫你咬我 |
[20:48] | Weird how I just went along with that, no questions. | 好奇怪啊 我居然什么都没问就去咬了 |
[20:52] | And speaking of doing it all over again, | 说到有机会重来 |
[20:54] | do you ever regret having kids? | 你有后悔过要孩子吗 |
[20:55] | Of course not. | 当然不啦 |
[20:57] | I mean, do I sometimes look back | 这么说吧 我有过回想过去 |
[20:59] | and wish everything was different? | 然后希望一切与现在不同吗 |
[21:00] | If you say “yes,” that is regret. | 如果你的答案是”有” 那就是有后悔 |
[21:02] | Then, no, because if we didn’t have them | 那没有 因为如果没有孩子们 |
[21:05] | I would be Trent, an uptight lunatic | 我会变成像特伦特 一个紧张兮兮的神经病 |
[21:08] | who falls apart over a broken tchotchke. | 会因为一个小饰物坏了就崩溃 |
[21:10] | I mean, kids give you perspective. | 孩子们能开拓你的视野 |
[21:12] | You realize what’s important, | 让你理解什么才是真正重要的东西 |
[21:14] | to let go of… | 让你能放开那些… |
[21:16] | And there goes our last nice thing. | 我们家最后的好东西也碎了 |
[21:19] | Thank God we’re free now. | 感谢老天给了我们一个解脱 |