时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Okay, honey, doorbell’s installed. | 好了 亲爱的 门铃装好了 |
[00:02] | – How’s it sound? – Welcome to hell! | -听起来怎么样 -欢迎来到地狱 |
[00:06] | That is so cute! | 太可爱了 |
[00:08] | Can you come in here and help me with this web? | 你能进来帮我弄一下这张网吗 |
[00:10] | Sorry, gotta fly. | 抱歉 苍蝇君得起飞了 |
[00:12] | I’m gonna do that one again when there’s more people around. | 等人都来了我再说一次这苍蝇起飞双关梗 |
[00:14] | Okay. So, you got to put that up on the hook | 好了 把那个挂到钩子上 |
[00:17] | because the trick-or-treaters are gonna be here any minute. | 因为不给糖就捣乱的孩子们随时会来 |
[00:19] | I’m caught. | 我被缠住了 |
[00:20] | Don’t pull. It’s just gonna get… | 别硬拉 只会越来越… |
[00:22] | …worse. | 糟 |
[00:23] | – No, I can, uh — – N- Stop moving. | -不 我能… -别动了 |
[00:25] | I’m gonna get some scissors. | 我去找把剪刀来 |
[00:32] | Hey, Jerry. | 杰瑞 |
[00:33] | What’s wrong? | 出什么事了 |
[00:35] | When? | 什么时候 |
[00:37] | How? | 怎么会 |
[00:39] | Oh, thank God you’re back. | 谢天谢地你回来了 |
[00:40] | There’s a real spider in here, and it’s getting closer. | 这有只真蜘蛛 离我越来越近 |
[00:42] | That was Jerry, my mom’s husband. | 是杰瑞的电话 我妈的老公 |
[00:45] | Is everything okay? | 一切还好吗 |
[00:46] | No. | 不 |
[00:47] | – My mom’s dead. – What? | -我妈去世了 -什么 |
[01:07] | I can’t believe Nana’s gone. | 真不敢相信外婆去世了 |
[01:09] | If God really is an old white guy, | 假如上帝真是个白人老头 |
[01:11] | he’s about to get an earful. | 他会被外婆念叨死的 |
[01:12] | Oh, my God, Claire. | 我的天 克莱尔 |
[01:14] | Mitchell. | 米奇尔 |
[01:17] | Wait, can you — | 等等 你能不能 |
[01:18] | – I think — – I don’t know how to — | -我觉得 -我不知道该怎么 |
[01:19] | Yeah. Help. Please help. Thank you. | 帮下忙 拜托你帮把手 谢谢 |
[01:25] | All right. | 好了 |
[01:27] | Who are you supposed to be? | 你扮的这是谁 |
[01:28] | Ah, I’m Pr-I’m Prince Harry. | 我是哈里王子 |
[01:29] | Oh, does that mean Cam is — | 这么说难道小卡他 |
[01:31] | Hear ye, hear ye, | 都听好了 |
[01:33] | presenting the Duchess of Sussex, Meghan — | 苏塞克斯公爵夫人驾到 梅根… |
[01:36] | No, no, no, no, no. That was for Pepper’s party. | 不不不 这些是为胡娇的派对准备的 |
[01:38] | We’re not doing that anymore. Go console your cousins. | 现在不说了 去安慰你的表亲们吧 |
[01:40] | Oh, sweetie. | 亲爱的 |
[01:42] | Let me get in there. | 快来拥抱一下 |
[01:43] | – Oh, hang on. Oh — – We were, um… | -等一下 -我们之前 |
[01:45] | – All right, get up. – Yeah, this — I had the same issue with this. | -抬起来 -我刚才也遇到了这个问题 |
[01:46] | Just — Okay, there it is. | 你… 好了 |
[01:47] | Oh, sweetie. | 亲爱的 |
[01:49] | Who needs a drink? | 谁想喝一杯 |
[01:50] | – I do. – I do. | -我 -我 |
[01:52] | Okay, how are we gonna handle this? | 好吧 我们要怎么处理这难题 |
[01:54] | You mean because the two most | 你是指因为地球上 |
[01:55] | emotionally complicated people on earth | 感情最复杂的两个人 |
[01:57] | are facing the loss | 正在面对 |
[01:57] | of the most complicated relationship of their lives? | 失去他们人生中最复杂的亲密关系 |
[02:00] | So… not an edible arrangement. | 这么说可食用的装饰品不能管用 |
[02:02] | We just have to be there for them. | 我们只要陪着他们就好 |
[02:04] | Whatever they need. I — | 无论他们需要什么 我 |
[02:06] | It just feels inappropriate | 我只是觉得穿成这样 |
[02:07] | – being dressed like this. – Yeah. | -太不合时宜了 -是啊 |
[02:08] | I should be in something darker with a cap sleeve. | 我该穿件深色沉肩袖的裙子 |
[02:13] | This is so surreal. I-I can’t believe this. | 太不真实了 我无法相信 |
[02:15] | I-I just talked to her right before she left. | 在她离世前我才和她通过话 |
[02:18] | She was so excited about her trip to Greenland | 要和女性互助组织去格陵兰旅行 |
[02:19] | with her women’s group. | 她是那么兴奋 |
[02:20] | Still no word on what happened? | 还是不知道她是怎么走的吗 |
[02:22] | No. Jerry called. | 不知道 杰瑞来电话了 |
[02:23] | He said that she had a heart problem | 他说她心脏有问题 |
[02:25] | she didn’t want to talk about, | 但她不想告诉别人 |
[02:26] | but we’re still not sure if that’s it. | 但是还不知道是不是因为这个 |
[02:27] | He did promise to reach out as soon as he has some answers. | 他保证一有答案就联系我们 |
[02:30] | Well, we’re here to support you in any way we can. | 我们会尽一切所能支持你们 |
[02:32] | Yeah. Anything you need, anything at all, we’re on it. | 是啊 无论你们需要什么都交给我们 |
[02:35] | Soup? Tissues? | 汤 纸巾 |
[02:37] | Try this meditation exercise. | 试试这个冥想练习 |
[02:39] | Yeah, no, you guys are being so sweet. I just — | 不 你们真的很贴心 我只想… |
[02:42] | Yeah, but w-we cope with things | 是啊 我们应对悲痛时 |
[02:44] | a little less touchy-feely | 没有那么多愁善感 |
[02:46] | and a little more — | 更倾向于 |
[02:47] | – Irish. Yes. – Right. Right. | -爱尔兰风格 -没错 没错 |
[02:49] | You know, have some drinks, tell some funny stories. | 喝些酒 讲些趣事 |
[02:52] | Do you remember the time Mom was so mad | 记不记得那次妈妈气疯了 |
[02:54] | because “Laverne and Shirley” moved to California? | 因为拉文与雪莉[情景剧角色]搬去了加州 |
[02:57] | Or, no, remember how she used to always | 还有 记不记得她过去 |
[02:59] | bring her own ice cubes to restaurants? | 去餐厅时总自带冰块 |
[03:01] | Oh, God, yes! | 天啊 没错 |
[03:02] | Remember when she got thrown out of Scientology? | 记不记得她被赶出山达基教[邪教]那次 |
[03:08] | Our mother is dead, Phil. | 我们的母亲去世了 菲尔 |
[03:09] | I-I thought we were — | 我以为我们在… |
[03:11] | Maybe you should just give us a little space? | 或许你们该给我们些空间 |
[03:13] | – Yeah. Yeah, sure. – Of course. Yes. | -好的 好的 -当然 好的 |
[03:14] | – Sure. – Sure. | -好的 -好的 |
[03:15] | You know, I don’t know how we all feel about the afterlife, | 我不知道大家都对死后的世界有何想法 |
[03:17] | but I myself would like to imagine Dede | 但我愿意想象迪迪 |
[03:19] | surrounded by loved ones, hearing — | 被亲人们围绕 听到… |
[03:22] | Welcome to hell! | 欢迎来到地狱 |
[03:24] | I’ll disconnect that doorbell. | 我去关掉门铃 |
[03:25] | Oh, God. | 老天 |
[03:29] | We were out trick-or-treating with the kids. | 我们本来在外面讨糖果 |
[03:31] | – Dad. – We left Joe with Manny, | -爸爸 -我们把乔留给曼尼照看 |
[03:32] | and we came as soon as we heard. | 一听到消息就赶来了 |
[03:33] | So sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[03:34] | – Come here, you two. Get in here. – Oh, thanks, Dad. | -你们俩过来 抱抱 -谢谢 爸爸 |
[03:36] | Yeah. I know. You just have to — Yeah. | 我知道 等我… 好了 |
[03:38] | Look, I know that your mother and I had our differences, | 我知道你们母亲和我以前有过分歧 |
[03:42] | but she was a good woman. | 但她是个好女人 |
[03:43] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[03:44] | She, uh… | 她… |
[03:47] | Yeah, she had great legs. | 她有一双美腿 |
[03:49] | Oh. Really? That’s your tribute? | 你不是吧 只想得出这句悼念词吗 |
[03:50] | Of course not. She was very educated, | 当然不是 她很有教养 |
[03:52] | as she often told me. | 她自己常这么说 |
[03:54] | She, um…uh… | 她… |
[03:57] | She — | 她 |
[03:58] | I can’t watch this. | 我看不下去了 |
[03:59] | It’s like watching a fish panic at the bottom of a boat. | 简直像看着一条鱼在船底挣扎求生 |
[04:02] | Uh, she — she gave you us, your wonderful children. | 她给予了你我们 你两个优秀的孩子 |
[04:04] | There you go. And for that I will always be grateful. | 对的 为此我永远心怀感激 |
[04:07] | Yeah. We have so much to be grateful for. | 是的 我们有很多需要感恩的事 |
[04:11] | She was a wonderful mother. | 她是个很棒的母亲 |
[04:13] | And I’m — I am so glad that I was able to tell her that | 我很庆幸在最后一次跟她打电话时 |
[04:15] | during our last call. | 告诉她了 |
[04:16] | And I didn’t know it at the time, | 我当时没想到 |
[04:18] | but in a lot of ways, it was the perfect goodbye. | 但从很多方面来说 那都是最完美的道别 |
[04:24] | Do we know what happened? | 知道她去世的原因吗 |
[04:26] | Not yet, no. But you know what? | 还不知道 不过 |
[04:28] | – I need to be around happy things… – Yeah. | -我想被开心的事物围绕 -对 |
[04:31] | …cute kids in costumes trick-or-treating. | 比如盛装来讨糖果的可爱孩子们 |
[04:34] | I’m gonna go hand out some Halloween candy. | 我要去给他们发万圣节糖果 |
[04:35] | – I’m good! Good, good! – I’m — I’m coming with you. | -我没事 我没事 -我跟你一起去 |
[04:37] | – I’m good. – We’re good. | -我没事 -我们没事 |
[04:41] | Ah, you make plans, | 人做好了计划 |
[04:42] | the universe steps in and says “Nope.” | 却被老天爷打乱 |
[04:44] | – Life is so unfair. – Damn right. | -人生真不公平 -说得对 |
[04:46] | I just waited in a line around the block | 我刚刚在街角排队 |
[04:48] | for a hoagie everybody’s talking about. | 买到网红特大号三明治 |
[04:50] | Then my ex-wife drops dead, | 就突然得知我前妻死了 |
[04:52] | and I’m too sad to eat it. | 现在我很难过 吃不下了 |
[04:55] | I’ll give it another hour. | 过一小时再吃好了 |
[04:56] | Oh, I’m so sorry for your loss, Jay. | 你还真”惨”啊 杰 |
[05:02] | I don’t know why I thought getting this out would help. | 我不知道为什么觉得拿这个出来会有帮助 |
[05:04] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[05:05] | Nana had these little statues of herself made. | 外婆找人做了一些自己的小人偶 |
[05:08] | They were her Christmas gift to each of us. | 圣诞节时送给了我们当礼物 |
[05:10] | Now I feel better about my stupid well in Africa. | 我觉得她用我名义在非洲挖的井没那么傻了 |
[05:13] | Hey. Hitting that candy pretty hard. | 你糖吃得很凶啊 |
[05:15] | You didn’t even take the wrapper off the last one. | 上一根棒棒糖你连糖纸一起吞了 |
[05:17] | I’m sad. Shut up. | 我很难过 闭嘴 |
[05:19] | I heard that if you die on Halloween, | 我听说在万圣节那天死的人 |
[05:21] | you come back as a zombie. | 会变成丧尸复活 |
[05:23] | I can see that. | 我能想象得出来 |
[05:24] | Nana would be all, | 外婆狰狞嘶吼 |
[05:25] | “Braaainnssss! | “我要吃脑 |
[05:28] | Nope. Braaainnsss!” | 这个没脑 我要吃脑” |
[05:33] | I just remember Nana — | 我记得外婆 |
[05:34] | when we were little, she would — | 我们小的时候 她会… |
[05:37] | She would — | 她会… |
[05:38] | Oh, my God! What is wrong with you two?! | 老天 你们俩是什么奇葩啊 |
[05:40] | – What? – Our grandmother just died. | -干嘛 -我们外婆刚刚去世了 |
[05:42] | Luke’s over here making tasteless jokes, | 卢克在开些没品的笑话 |
[05:44] | and you’re stuffing your face. | 而你像猪一样猛吃 |
[05:46] | Show some respect! | 能不能尊重一下她 |
[05:47] | I am so sorry, what happened to your grandmother. | 你们外婆去世了 我很遗憾 |
[05:51] | She was a wonderful woman. | 她是个很棒的女人 |
[05:52] | Thank you, Gloria. | 谢谢你 歌洛莉亚 |
[05:54] | Finally, someone with a normal reaction. | 终于有人有点正常反应了 |
[05:57] | Didn’t Nana try to strangle you three times? | 外婆不是曾经三次试图勒死你吗 |
[05:59] | Yeah, but one of those times, | 是 但其中一次 |
[06:01] | I was able to see again my favorite abuela | 我濒死时有一刹那再次看到了我 |
[06:03] | for one second. | 最爱的祖母 |
[06:04] | So I really should thank Dede. | 所以我真该感谢迪迪 |
[06:07] | Anyways, any issues that your grandmother had with me, | 总之 我和你们外婆之间的矛盾 |
[06:11] | they’re behind her. | 都过去了 |
[06:12] | She’s at peace. She’s living in a better place. | 她现在得到了安宁 去了一个更好的地方 |
[06:15] | What the hell is that?! | 那他妈是什么鬼 |
[06:17] | Mm. Pretty lifelike, right? Christmas gift from Nana. | 很逼真吧 外婆送的圣诞礼物 |
[06:19] | Ah, it’s very cute. | 是吗 很可爱 |
[06:21] | But it’s amazing how her eyes are — | 不过真不可思议 我走到哪 |
[06:24] | are following me wherever I go! | 她眼睛都盯着我 |
[06:27] | I know that this is going to sound crazy, | 我知道这话听起来挺疯的 |
[06:28] | but I have always worried that when Dede died, | 不过我一直担心迪迪死后 |
[06:31] | she was going to come back and haunt me. | 会化成厉鬼回来缠着我 |
[06:34] | Maybe it’s because she whispered it to me at my wedding. | 可能是因为我结婚时 她在我耳边这么说过 |
[06:38] | Happy Halloween. | 万圣节快乐 |
[06:42] | Cute. | 真可爱 |
[06:44] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[06:45] | Yeah, I was just thinking about | 还好啦 我就是在想 |
[06:46] | this great Halloween with Mom. | 跟妈妈度过的一次超赞万圣节 |
[06:50] | I wasn’t really fitting in in high school, | 我在高中的时候融入不进大家 |
[06:52] | so Mom took me to go get ice cream | 所以妈妈带我去了 |
[06:55] | at this place in West Hollywood. | 在西好莱坞区的一家冰激凌店 |
[06:57] | And the parade was going on. | 而当时那里有同性恋游行 |
[06:59] | And before that, I had never been to a gay event. | 在那之前 我从没去过任何同性恋活动 |
[07:02] | Trick or treat! | 不给糖就捣蛋 |
[07:04] | Here you go. Happy Halloween. | 给你 万圣节快乐 |
[07:06] | The thing is, | 我的重点是 |
[07:07] | she didn’t force me to talk about it. | 她并没有逼我谈同性恋的事 |
[07:09] | She just let it be. You know? | 她就顺其自然 你懂吗 |
[07:11] | And I-I think that that was her way of saying | 我想那大概就是她在告诉我 |
[07:13] | that she was okay with me. | 她可以接受我性向 |
[07:15] | I remember once Mom told me | 我还记得妈妈曾对我说 |
[07:16] | that I ate ice cream like a prostitute. | 我吃冰激凌的方式像个妓女 |
[07:20] | Ugghh, come on. | 靠 |
[07:21] | Wh-Why haven’t we heard anything yet | 为什么等到现在 |
[07:22] | about what happened to her? | 都还不知道她到底怎么去世的 |
[07:23] | This is ridiculous! | 也太扯了吧 |
[07:24] | I know. It’s bad enough we lost our mom. | 对啊 失去母亲已经够残酷了 |
[07:26] | Now we just have to sit here expecting the worst. | 我们现在还得在这自己乱瞎猜 |
[07:30] | Uh, heard some raised voices, | 好像听到有一些吼声 |
[07:32] | – just making… – Where have you guys been? | -就来确定… -你们俩都去哪了 |
[07:33] | Yeah, I don’t know if you’ve noticed, | 不知道你们俩有没注意到 |
[07:34] | but we’re kind of going through something today. | 但我们今天正在为一些事情难过 |
[07:35] | Well, you s-said you wanted some space, | 是你们说想要一点私人空间 |
[07:37] | – so we were giving you… – So now you’re gonna logic us to death? | -所以我们给你们… -开始跟我们摆道理了吗 |
[07:39] | Yeah, yeah, ’cause that’s what we need right now. | 真棒啊 我们现在就想听人说我们无理取闹 |
[07:46] | I am totally confused | 我完全迷糊了 |
[07:48] | – about what we’re supposed to do. – No. I have an idea. | -不知道该怎么处理他俩 -我有个主意 |
[07:50] | Mitchell was just talking about a great memory he had | 米奇尔刚刚才说到跟妈妈那段 |
[07:52] | of Dede taking him for ice cream in West Hollywood. | 去西好莱坞吃冰激凌的美好回忆 |
[07:55] | We could go pick some up — it would be a perfect tribute. | 我们可以去帮他买 这算是完美的致意了 |
[07:58] | That’s great. | 好棒啊 |
[08:00] | Plus, I don’t know why, but there’s — | 而且 我不知为何 就… |
[08:02] | there’s something about the way Claire eats ice cream | 就觉得克莱尔吃冰激凌的方式 |
[08:04] | that I just…enjoy. | 让我感到十分… 享受 |
[08:07] | I just wish I could remember the name of it. | 真希望我还记得那家店叫什么名字 |
[08:08] | – I’m on it. Anderson Scooper? – No. | -我在查 安德森·一勺珀 -不是 |
[08:10] | Priscilla Queen of the Desserts? | 沙漠妖”基”冰激凌 |
[08:12] | Mnh-mnh. Sherbert and Ernie? | “冰”特与恩尼 |
[08:12] | 毕特与恩尼是《芝麻街》的角色 有许多人认为他俩是同性伴侣 | |
[08:13] | Mnh-mnh. It was something very specific. | 我记得名字是很具体的 |
[08:15] | West Hollywood Ice Cream Shop? | 西好莱坞冰激凌店吗 |
[08:17] | – That’s it. Let’s go. – This can’t be happening. | -就是这家 走吧 -这不是真的吧 |
[08:20] | Ohh. Aw, Jay, it’s a hard day. | 杰 我明白你很难接受 |
[08:22] | Tell me. | 你们说说 |
[08:23] | I put a sandwich in there with my name on it | 我在冰箱里放了一个写我名字的三明治 |
[08:25] | 10 minutes ago, and now it’s missing. | 才放了10分钟 现在就不见了 |
[08:27] | – Who the hell took it?! – Really? On a day like today, | -谁他妈吃了 -不是吧 今天这种日子 |
[08:29] | you can get this worked up over a sandwich? | 你居然要为一个三明治火冒三丈吗 |
[08:33] | – Come here. – Hey. It’s okay. | -过来 -没事的 |
[08:36] | You’re smelling us. | 你在闻我们的味道 |
[08:38] | I smell guilt and pickles. | 我闻到了愧疚与腌黄瓜味 |
[08:43] | Sorry, fireman habit. | 抱歉 消防员的习惯 |
[08:44] | Your mom said you were up here. | 你妈妈说你在楼上待着 |
[08:46] | You’re the best boyfriend. | 你真是最好的男朋友了 |
[08:48] | That’s her, huh? | 这是你外婆吧 |
[08:49] | Yep. | 是的 |
[08:50] | People said she was difficult, | 很多人说她很难相处 |
[08:52] | but she was an amazing woman | 但她真的是个很棒的女人 |
[08:53] | who didn’t conform to anyone’s idea | 从来不让别人的话 |
[08:55] | of who she should be. | 影响自己追求本心 |
[08:57] | There are a lot of photos of her being escorted out of places. | 有好多她被人赶出场的照片啊 |
[09:00] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[09:02] | Well, it must feel good to know that — | 也算好事吧 能知道她… |
[09:05] | I mean not good. Everything must feel bad. | 我不是指真的好事 这事情很糟糕 |
[09:08] | I’m sorry. I’m bad at this whole death thing. | 对不起 我不太会面对死亡这件事 |
[09:11] | And I see a lot of it at work. | 尽管我在工作中会常常面对死亡 |
[09:13] | I mean, nobody ever feeds the station goldfish. | 真的 大家每次都不去喂队宠小金鱼 |
[09:16] | It’s not just hard for you. | 不只是你觉得难以面对 |
[09:18] | My brother can’t stop cracking jokes, | 我弟弟一直疯狂在开冷笑话 |
[09:21] | my sister’s eating like a bear about to hibernate, | 我姐姐像要冬眠前的熊一样在疯狂大吃 |
[09:24] | and meanwhile, I’m just sitting here thinking, | 而与此同时 我只能坐在这想着 |
[09:27] | “Wow, you’re here one second, and then poof… | “世事无常 前一秒人还在 一转眼就… |
[09:32] | you’re not.” | 就不在了” |
[09:36] | I know how sad you must be. | 我知道你有多难过 |
[09:39] | Take off your shirt. | 脱了你的上衣 |
[09:40] | – What? -Fine. | -什么 -算了 |
[09:41] | I’ll run things. | 老娘来指挥 |
[09:49] | Okay, very funny! | 行行行 很好笑 |
[09:50] | Who did this?! | 这是谁干的 |
[09:57] | Santa Maria, Madre de Dios, ruega por nosotros pecadores. | 圣母玛利亚 为我们罪人所祈祷 |
[09:59] | Santa Maria, Madre de Dios, ruega por nosotros pecadores. | 圣母玛利亚 为我们罪人所祈祷 |
[10:01] | ahora y en la hora — Aah! | 在这个有人去世的… |
[10:04] | Santa Maria, Madre de Dios, ruega por nosotros pecadores. | 圣母玛利亚 为我们罪人所祈祷 |
[10:06] | ahora y en la hora de nuestra muerte. Amen. | 在这个有人去世的时刻 阿门 |
[10:11] | Hey, I haven’t seen Alex since she yelled at us. | 艾丽克斯吼我们之后我就没看见过她了 |
[10:13] | Is she okay up there? | 她在楼上还好吧 |
[10:14] | Now that I think about it, | 听你这么一说 |
[10:16] | it did sound like she was crying a minute ago. | 我好像刚才有听到类似她在哭的声音 |
[10:18] | We should check on her. This is classic Alex. | 我们应该去看看她 她每次都这样 |
[10:22] | She’s criticizing how we’re processing Nana’s death | 她指责我们对待外婆去世的方式有问题 |
[10:24] | because she doesn’t know what to do with her own feelings. | 因为她不知道怎么处理她自己的感情 |
[10:26] | Meanwhile, she’s taking it harder than anybody. | 而且其实她比任何人都看得重 |
[10:30] | -Get out! – Oh, that’s not good. | -出去 -惨了 |
[10:35] | Do you remember when, um, | 你记得小时候 |
[10:37] | she wouldn’t pay for my voice lessons | 她不肯出我的声乐课学费 |
[10:39] | because she said she wanted to save the money | 因为她想把那钱省下来 |
[10:41] | in case I ended up with Dad’s nose? | 以防我最后长了和爸爸一样的鼻子 |
[10:42] | You know, we — we could stick to nice stories today. | 我们今天可以一直说好故事的 |
[10:45] | Mom was a real person. She was flawed. | 妈妈是个真实的人 她也有缺点的 |
[10:48] | She made me wear pants to prom. | 她让我穿裤子去毕业舞会 |
[10:51] | She said it would “slow down” | 她说这样 |
[10:53] | whatever mistake I was about to make. | 我不管要”犯什么错”都能拖慢速度 |
[10:55] | Well, I guess I never brought out that side of her. | 可能我从来不会引出她的那一面 |
[10:57] | Or maybe you just let her get away with everything. | 也可能是你总是什么都不跟她计较 |
[11:00] | – I — – Trick or treat! | -我 -不给糖就捣蛋 |
[11:02] | Happy Halloween! | 万圣节快乐 |
[11:03] | What are you — What are you supposed to be? | 你 你扮的是谁啊 |
[11:05] | I was gonna go as a unicorn… | 我本来想装扮成独角兽 |
[11:07] | …but then I decided to be pajama girl. | 但后来我决定扮成穿睡衣的女孩 |
[11:10] | That was two weeks of sewing well spent. | 缝了两周白缝了 |
[11:12] | Well, kids don’t always appreciate | 小孩子总是不了解 |
[11:13] | what moms do for them. | 妈妈的苦心 |
[11:14] | Moms can be controlling. | 妈妈可能控制欲太强了 |
[11:16] | Well, sometimes moms don’t want | 有时妈妈不想 |
[11:17] | their daughters to embarrass themselves. | 被自己女儿丢人现眼 |
[11:19] | Embarrass? | 丢脸 |
[11:19] | Like throwing a surprise moon goddess party | 就好比给女儿第一次例假 |
[11:22] | for their daughter’s first period? | 举办一个惊喜的月亮女神聚会吗 |
[11:24] | It was a celebration of your womanhood! | 那是为了庆祝你开始成长为女人 |
[11:26] | Every year I say I’m not coming back to this house. | 每年我都说不要来这家 |
[11:28] | Okay. Just today — Oh, God. | 好吧 就今天 天啊 |
[11:30] | Just — Just today, could you not harp | 就 就今天 能不能 |
[11:32] | on how awful Mom was to you? | 不要唠叨妈妈对你有多不好 |
[11:35] | She would have done anything for us! | 她是愿意为我们做出任何牺牲的人 |
[11:37] | Mitchell, just because Mom is dead | 米奇尔 妈妈去世了 |
[11:40] | doesn’t make her a saint! | 并不代表她就是圣人 |
[11:42] | What? | 什么 |
[11:44] | You’re scaring the kids. | 你吓到孩子了 |
[11:52] | Ugh. What is wrong with me? | 我有什么问题啊 |
[11:54] | Nothing is wrong with you. | 你没问题 |
[11:55] | You’re just a freak that gets turned on by tragedies. | 你只是个因为悲剧而产生性欲的怪胎 |
[11:58] | Oh, my God. Is that why I’m dating a firefighter? | 天啊 这就是我和消防员交往的原因吗 |
[12:00] | Oh, I hope I’m more to you than that, babe. | 宝贝 我希望我对你来说不止如此 |
[12:02] | By the way, there was a plane crash in Tustin. | 顺便说下 塔斯廷发生了一起坠机事件 |
[12:07] | You know, there’s a deep psycho-spiritual connection | 性和死亡之间 |
[12:09] | between sex and death. | 有非常深的心灵联系 |
[12:11] | Look at Freud. Thanatos, Eros — | 看看弗洛伊德 死神塔纳托斯和爱神厄洛斯 |
[12:12] | locked in an eternal struggle. | 困在永久的挣扎中 |
[12:14] | How do you know any of those words? | 你怎么知道这些词汇的 |
[12:16] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:17] | Maybe I remembered something from school somehow. | 可能我莫名其妙记住了学校学的东西吧 |
[12:19] | They say everything you’ve ever heard | 有人说你听到过的所有东西 |
[12:20] | is locked in your brain somewhere. | 都存在你大脑里的某处 |
[12:22] | Another fun fact — | 还有个有趣的事实 |
[12:23] | your brain burns 20% of the calories you consume. | 你所摄入的卡路里 有20%会被大脑消耗掉 |
[12:27] | My burrito! | 我的玉米煎饼 |
[12:28] | Another one? | 又吃一个吗 |
[12:30] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[12:31] | I think your brain is finally working | 我想你的大脑终于运转了 |
[12:33] | because, for the first time ever, | 因为有史以来你第一次 |
[12:35] | you’re not starving yourself. | 没有饿着自己了 |
[12:36] | That is a credible hypothesis. | 这是个可靠的假设 |
[12:39] | Huh. Eating, are we? Mm. | 吃东西呢 |
[12:41] | You didn’t happen to grab an Italian hero | 你们没有刚好把一个意大利英雄三明治 |
[12:43] | out of the fridge, did you? | 给拿出冰箱吧 |
[12:44] | Nope, but that sounds delicious. | 没 但听起来很好吃的样子 |
[12:46] | I’d go to town on an Italian hero right now. | 我愿意现在去生吞一个”意大利英雄” |
[12:48] | That’s funny, ’cause Alex just finished — | 有意思 因为艾丽克斯刚”生吞”了… |
[12:50] | I will rip your tongue out. | 我会把你的舌头扯掉 |
[12:52] | Oh, my gosh. | 天啊 |
[12:54] | What was I thinking coming to West Hollywood | 我想什么呢 在万圣节的晚上 |
[12:56] | on Halloween night? | 来西好莱坞 |
[12:59] | Give the horn a rest. The parade’s going by. | 别按喇叭了 有游行经过 |
[13:00] | You’re gonna be sitting here a while. | 你们得在这儿待一会儿了 |
[13:01] | Sorry, Officer. | 对不起 警官 |
[13:06] | I don’t get down to this part of town that often. | 我不常到这块儿 |
[13:08] | That’s — That’s not a real cop, right? | 但那 那不是个真警察 对吧 |
[13:10] | Uh…mm, no. | 不是 |
[13:12] | You know, I’m impressed you’re still wearing that dress. | 真佩服你还穿着那件裙子 |
[13:14] | Oh, well, I’m wearing two pair of Spanx | 我穿着两条塑身裤 |
[13:15] | and was on a diuretic for 48 hours. | 为了不尿尿 提前48小时开始服用利尿剂 |
[13:17] | As we say where I’m from, | 在我出生的地方 我们说 |
[13:19] | you don’t teach your dog to play the banjo | 你不会教你的狗弹班卓琴 |
[13:20] | and then skip the talent show. | 然后不去参加才艺表演 |
[13:24] | Oh, man. | 天啊 |
[13:26] | This ice cream is gonna melt. | 冰淇淋要化了 |
[13:28] | Well, grab a spoon. | 拿起勺子吧 |
[13:32] | – Somebody should enjoy it. – Yeah. | -总得有人来吃 -没错 |
[13:40] | You know, we’ve been so focused on Mitchell and Claire, | 我们太关注在米奇尔和克莱尔身上了 |
[13:43] | I haven’t had a chance to really… | 我都没有机会真正缅怀… |
[13:46] | Yeah. I know. | 对 |
[13:48] | First time I met her, she threatened to murder me | 我第一次见她 她威胁我说 |
[13:50] | if I ever made her son unhappy. | 要是我敢惹他儿子不开心就杀了我 |
[13:52] | Went into pretty graphic detail — | 而且还说得十分详细 |
[13:55] | described how she’d get rid of my body and everything. | 描述了她要怎么处理掉我的尸体之类的 |
[13:57] | I was like, “Wow, | 我的反应是 |
[13:58] | this woman will never trust me.” | “这个女人永远都不会信任我的” |
[14:00] | That’s so her. | 这太有她的风格了 |
[14:03] | Then one time, she overheard me talking | 还有一次 她不小心听到我谈起 |
[14:05] | about drinking dandelion wine with my — with my grandma. | 我和我奶奶喝蒲公英酒 |
[14:09] | She went over to the kitchen cabinet | 她直接走到橱柜那 |
[14:11] | and pulled out a bottle. | 拿出了一瓶 |
[14:12] | Apparently, she had an aunt | 原来她有一个阿姨 |
[14:13] | that taught her how to make it. | 教会了她怎么酿这种酒 |
[14:15] | And we sat there at the kitchen table | 我们就坐在厨房的桌子旁 |
[14:17] | drinking and swapping stories | 喝着小酒 互相讲述着 |
[14:19] | about growing up in the boondocks. | 在村里长大的童年故事 |
[14:22] | The wine made me go blind for a bit, but… | 虽然那私酿酒害我失明了一会儿 但是 |
[14:26] | …I’ll never forget her voice, | 我永远不会忘记她的声音 |
[14:28] | slurring in the darkness, | 在黑暗中低喃 |
[14:29] | telling me she understood why Mitchell loved me. | 告诉我她懂为什么米奇尔爱我 |
[14:33] | I remember dropping Haley off at school | 我记得第一次送海莉 |
[14:35] | for the first time. | 去上学的时候 |
[14:37] | Her staring at me with those giant eyes, | 她大大的眼睛凝视着我 |
[14:40] | her lips quivering, crying for me to stay. | 嘴唇颤抖着 哭喊着让我留下 |
[14:43] | And I, uh… | 而我 |
[14:46] | I told her everything is gonna be all right, | 我告诉她一切都会好的 |
[14:48] | and then I stagger back to my car and I start crying. | 然后我跌跌撞撞地走向自己的车 开始流眼泪 |
[14:50] | Oh, gosh. | 我的天 |
[14:51] | And you know who was there waiting for me? | 你知道谁在那等我吗 |
[14:54] | Well, if it’s not Dede, | 要是不是迪迪的话 |
[14:55] | it’s kind of a touching but pointless story. | 这就是个感人但没什么意义的故事了 |
[14:57] | It was Dede. | 是迪迪 |
[15:00] | She knew it was gonna be a hard day for me. | 她知道那天我会很不好受 |
[15:03] | I can’t believe she’s gone. | 我不敢相信她走了 |
[15:05] | I’m gonna miss her. | 我会想她的 |
[15:08] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[15:10] | – To Dede. – To Dede. | -敬迪迪 -敬迪迪 |
[15:25] | Okay, you want to talk? Let’s talk. | 你想谈 那我们就来谈 |
[15:28] | I know that you never liked me. | 我知道你从来没喜欢过我 |
[15:31] | And I was always nice. | 而我一直都很友好 |
[15:34] | Okay, fine, one time, | 好吧 有一次 |
[15:35] | I did use your toothbrush on Stella. | 我确实给斯黛拉用了你的牙刷 |
[15:38] | But mostly I admired you for raising | 但是大部分时候 我都钦佩你 |
[15:40] | such wonderful children and for helping make Jay | 养育出这么优秀的子女 并且让杰 |
[15:44] | the amazing man that I fell in love with. | 成为了一个我深爱的好男人 |
[15:47] | I guess I never thanked you for all of that. | 我想我从未因此向你表达过感激 |
[15:51] | So, if you can hear me now, | 所以 如果你现在能听到我 |
[15:55] | thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[15:58] | And can you please tell Rosa Garcia | 另外能麻烦你也告诉罗莎·加西亚 |
[16:00] | to stop haunting me, too? | 别来缠着我了吗 |
[16:03] | And Marta Blanco, | 还有玛尔塔·布兰科 |
[16:05] | Marisol Gutierrez, and Cecilia Matos? | 玛莉索·古铁雷斯和塞西莉亚·马托斯 |
[16:09] | Gracias. | 谢谢 |
[16:13] | Look, I’m sorry. | 听着 我很抱歉 |
[16:14] | I think I’ve been trying to make Mom into the bad guy. | 我好像一直想把妈妈说成是坏人 |
[16:17] | It’s not gonna make it any easier. | 但这并不能缓解她去世带来的悲痛 |
[16:19] | That’s not it. I… I just feel so guilty. | 不是这样的 我觉得很内疚 |
[16:22] | Why? | 为什么 |
[16:24] | Because sometimes, | 因为有的时候 |
[16:26] | I was as mean to Mom as she was to me. | 我对妈妈很刻薄 就像她对我一样 |
[16:30] | She was just hard on you | 她对你那么严格 |
[16:31] | because sh-she believed in you so much. | 都是因为她太相信你能成才了 |
[16:33] | Why do you always have to defend her? | 你为什么总是维护她 |
[16:36] | Because I loved her! I… | 因为我以前爱她 我 |
[16:39] | I can’t believe I’m saying that in the past tense. | 真不敢相信我已经开始用过去式来说她了 |
[16:41] | I — I’m sorry that I had a better relationship with her. | 我 我很抱歉我和她的关系更好 |
[16:45] | And I’m — I’m sorry that it bothered you, okay? | 如果这让你不爽了 我很抱歉 |
[16:47] | You have a better relationship with Dad, | 你和爸爸关系更好 |
[16:49] | and I know he loves me just as much. | 但我知道他也像爱你一样爱我 |
[16:53] | Yeah, and when Dad dies, | 当爸爸去世的时候 |
[16:55] | he’s gonna leave knowing how much I loved him. | 他会带着我对他深沉的爱离去 |
[16:58] | I’m not sure Mom knew that. | 我不确定妈妈知道我爱她 |
[17:00] | Of course she did. | 她当然知道 |
[17:02] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[17:03] | Because unlike you, the last time I talked to her, | 因为不像你 我上次和她聊天的时候 |
[17:05] | we got in a huge fight. | 我们俩大吵一架 |
[17:09] | You get to remember telling her you loved her and laughing, | 你能记住你告诉她你爱她 还有欢声笑语 |
[17:13] | and I get to remember getting in some stupid argument | 而我只能记住我们因为一个脸书帖子 |
[17:16] | about a Facebook post. | 胡吵一通 |
[17:18] | The one where she said putting eucalyptus oils | 她说把桉树油抹在脚底板上 |
[17:20] | on the soles of your feet is a natural birth control? | 能自然避孕的那个吗 |
[17:22] | Yes. Yes. | 没错 是的 |
[17:23] | That’s the one. And you have | 就是那个 而且你有个 |
[17:25] | a 12-year-old daughter who reads those posts — | 12岁的女儿会读那些帖子 |
[17:27] | you might want to tell her that’s not science. | 你最好告诉她那不科学 |
[17:29] | Okay, okay, remember that last amazing conversation | 好了 记得我和妈妈最后那场 |
[17:32] | – I had with Mom? – Oh, for God’s sakes. | -超欢愉的谈话吗 -你可饶了我吧 |
[17:33] | I’m sorry, but there’s no other way to describe it, okay? | 对不起 但是没有别的方式表达了 |
[17:35] | She told me about your fight, and she — | 她给我讲了你们吵架的事 她还 |
[17:38] | she told me how upset she was. | 她告诉了我自己有多难过 |
[17:39] | She — She said she was gonna call you to apologize. | 她 她说她会给你打电话道歉 |
[17:42] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[17:45] | She left me a voicemail a couple days ago, | 前几天她给我语音信箱留了言 |
[17:47] | but I was saving it till the next time | 我没听 我一直存着 |
[17:49] | I had to yell at somebody at work. | 等想在公司骂人时 改为骂她 |
[17:52] | Okay. | 好 |
[17:54] | Hey, honey. It’s Mom. | 亲爱的 是老妈 |
[17:56] | I just want to apologize. | 我就是想跟你道歉 |
[17:58] | I should not have lost my temper. | 我不应该对你情绪失控 |
[18:01] | Shaman Phoenix Feather’s family-planning advice | 凤凰羽萨满的避孕方式 |
[18:04] | may not be for everyone, | 可能不是所有人都适用 |
[18:05] | and you just want to keep your daughters safe. | 而你也只是想保护自己女儿的安全 |
[18:07] | I get it. | 我能理解 |
[18:08] | I have a daughter of my own, | 我自己也有亲生闺女 |
[18:10] | and I know how much she means to me. | 我懂女儿能对自己有多重要 |
[18:12] | Anyway, I’m sorry. I love you, and I always will. | 总之 对不起了 我爱你 我也会永远爱你 |
[18:16] | I love you, too, Mom. | 我也爱你 老妈 |
[18:19] | Also, I saw your new photo on social media. | 对了 我看到了你在社交媒体新发的照片 |
[18:23] | Are you part of some protest | 你是加入了什么抗议活动 |
[18:25] | where you’re not allowed to wash your hair? | 要不洗头来表达抗议之类的吗 |
[18:27] | Or are you just trying to be — | 还是你只是想要… |
[18:28] | I’m gonna listen to that later. | 接下来的我等之后听吧 |
[18:33] | Weird hearing her voice. | 听到她声音感觉好怪啊 |
[18:35] | Oh, Daddy. | 老爸 |
[18:39] | You already know this, but I want to say it again. | 你已经知道了 但我还是想告诉你 |
[18:41] | We both love you so much. | 我们俩都超级爱你 |
[18:44] | Yeah. And I know we’ve — we’ve had our ups and downs, | 我知道我们之间有过好与不好的时光 |
[18:47] | but I’ve loved being your son. | 但我一直很喜欢当你的儿子 |
[18:50] | Hmm. Are you… | 你们这样… |
[18:52] | buttering me up ’cause you ate my sandwich? | 跟我说好话 是因为偷吃了我三明治吗 |
[18:55] | What is wrong with you? | 你是有什么毛病啊 |
[18:57] | Seriously. What is this obsession with a sandwich? | 真的 你这么揪着这三明治的事不放是干嘛 |
[18:59] | I waited in line! | 我辛苦排了队 |
[19:01] | I was thinking about it for months! | 我想着要吃好几个月了 |
[19:04] | You know who would get this? | 你知道谁会懂我的纠结吗 |
[19:05] | Dede. That woman appreciated a good sandwich. | 迪迪 这女人懂得欣赏一个美味三明治 |
[19:09] | And she made the best ones, you know, | 而她做的三明治天下第一好吃 |
[19:11] | when we were first married. | 我们刚结婚那会儿 |
[19:12] | In that little house in the valley. | 还住在谷区的那个小房子里 |
[19:15] | And we didn’t have any money, | 那时候我们穷得叮当响 |
[19:16] | but she would go miles out of her way | 但她会不辞千里 |
[19:18] | to get the bread with the crunchy crust | 跑去买有美味脆边的吐司 |
[19:20] | from that French bakery. | 是一家法式烘焙店做的 |
[19:22] | It was hard on the outside, soft and warm on the inside, | 外表看起来坚硬 但内里柔软温柔 |
[19:25] | and she’d say, “That’s just like you, Jay.” | 她会说”这吐司像你一样 杰” |
[19:31] | She was nice to me back then. | 她当年对我很好 |
[19:32] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[19:35] | It’s funny, i happened to drive past there a while ago. | 说来好笑 我不久前还开车经过那里 |
[19:41] | That bakery’s not there anymore. | 那家烘焙店已经不在了 |
[19:44] | And damn if I wasn’t depressed for a week. | 而我也因此难过了一周吧 |
[19:48] | You know, I didn’t realize… | 我以前一直没意识到 |
[19:52] | …how much it meant to me | 它对我的意义 |
[19:54] | till it was gone, you know? | 直到失去了才领会到有多重要 |
[19:57] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -知道 -懂 |
[20:02] | Look at that beautiful family moment. | 看看这温馨的家庭景象 |
[20:04] | Yeah, look right at it. | 是啊 正看着呢 |
[20:09] | I asked myself, “What would Nana want today?” | 我问自己”奶奶今天会想要什么” |
[20:13] | She’d want me to mess with Gloria. | 她会想要我去整歌洛莉亚 |
[20:16] | Also, I ate Grandpa’s sandwich. | 还有 是我吃了爷爷的三明治 |
[20:20] | Oh, God. Jerry forwarded me an e-mail | 天啊 杰瑞转发了一封电邮给我 |
[20:23] | from Mom’s women’s group. | 是妈的女性互助组织的 |
[20:24] | I-I-I can’t even read it. | 我读不下去 |
[20:26] | – You do it. I… – Oh, okay. | -你来读吧 -好吧 |
[20:28] | Um…”Our sincere condolences | “我们为你们失去 |
[20:29] | on the loss of your loved one, Dede.” | 你们深爱的迪迪感到遗憾” |
[20:32] | What happened to mom? | 妈妈到底怎么去世的 |
[20:33] | Let’s see. | 我看看啊 |
[20:35] | “On the third night, Dede wondered away from the group and encountered | “在旅行的第三晚 迪迪脱离了队伍并遇到 |
[20:38] | a pack of starving tinder wolves.” | 一群饥饿的灰狼” |
[20:40] | Oh my God, Mom. | 天啊 老妈 |
[20:41] | “As you know, Dede long believed she could communicate with animals | “想必你们知道 迪迪一直相信她能与动物沟通 |
[20:44] | so using a mixture of howls and barks, | 所以她通过狼嚎与吠叫 |
[20:46] | she convinced them to seek food elsewhere.” | 她成功说服了狼群去找别的食物” |
[20:49] | Guess that wasn’t it, let’s see. | 看来这不是死因 我往下看 |
[20:52] | “Later she ignored a thin ice sign and plunged.” | “之后她没注意薄冰警告并跌入水中” |
[20:56] | Hang on, “saved by one of the wolves. | 别急 “但被狼群里的狼给救了 |
[20:59] | She deeply offended a tribe of inuits | 她深深惹怒了一个爱斯基摩人部落 |
[21:01] | by interrupting a secret dagger… | 因为她打扰了圣物匕首的安宁 |
[21:04] | Briefly swallowed by whale…” | 还曾被鲸鱼所短暂吞噬” |
[21:06] | Wait, here it is. “On the trip’s final morning, | 等等 是这段 “在旅途的最后一天早晨 |
[21:09] | Dede was found in her room. | 她被人在房中所发现 |
[21:11] | She had apparently passed peacefully in her sleep. | 原来她在睡梦中安详地离开人间了 |
[21:14] | As a smile graced her face. | 她的遗容带着一抹微笑 |
[21:16] | and her hands clutched 10 pages | 手里抓着写了10页的 |
[21:18] | of suggestions for the hotel staff.” | 对酒店员工的建议函” |
[21:21] | That is so mom. | 太像她会做的事了 |
[21:23] | Easy. | 你悠着点 |