时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | I don’t remember buying these fresh peaches. | 我不记得家里有买新鲜的蜜桃小翘臀啊 |
[00:09] | Apologies, Serge. | 抱歉 瑟奇 |
[00:11] | My wife, Claire, seems to have forgotten | 我妻子克莱尔似乎忘记了 |
[00:12] | that I’m holding office hours | 我在家里办公 |
[00:13] | for my Intro to Real Estate class here at home. | 让房地产入门课的学生来学习 |
[00:16] | So, when I walked to the laundry room | 所以我十分钟前 |
[00:17] | 10 minutes ago in my bra… | 只穿着文胸进洗衣房时… |
[00:19] | That was kind of perfect, actually. | 时机倒是再合适不过了 |
[00:20] | I had just made a point about how buildings from the early ’70s | 我刚给他讲完 七十年代早期的”建筑” |
[00:23] | were holding up surprisingly well. | 至今仍出人意料地”坚挺” |
[00:25] | So maybe I’ll… | 或许我该… |
[00:26] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -是啊 -是啊 |
[00:27] | All right, see you in class, buddy. | 上课时见 伙计 |
[00:30] | What a great kid. | 多好的孩子 |
[00:31] | That’s why I chucked it all for a life in academia, Claire. | 这就是我献身学术界的原因 克莱尔 |
[00:35] | It’s a special feeling | 这感觉太特别了 |
[00:36] | knowing that there’s a young man walking around out there | 知道这世界某处有个年轻人 |
[00:38] | who you helped mold, who you can be proud of. | 是你帮忙打造他的品格 能让你骄傲 |
[00:41] | – Hey, Dad. – Hey. You know? | -爸 -你懂吗 |
[00:44] | You’re up early. | 你起得真早 |
[00:45] | What are you talking about? | 你这话什么意思 |
[00:46] | I hugged you from behind earlier. | 刚才我还从背后抱你来着 |
[00:48] | You know, I said, “I don’t remember buying this six pack.” | 我说”我不记得家里有买六块腹肌[啤酒]啊” |
[00:51] | Then you did that funny Eastern European accent — | 然后你用很搞笑的东欧口音说 |
[00:53] | “I don’t want trouble. | “我不想惹麻烦 |
[00:54] | I just want to learn.” | 我只想学习” |
[00:56] | Should we be concerned about group-molesting Serge? | 我们是否该担忧一下集体性骚扰瑟奇的事 |
[00:59] | And aren’t you at the minimum number of students | 而且你不是再少一个学生 |
[01:01] | – before they cancel your class? – Not to worry. | -课程就会被取消吗 -不必担心 |
[01:03] | Serge worships me, and the rest of the class is super solid. | 瑟奇很崇拜我 班上其余同学也很靠谱 |
[01:05] | Plus, it’s the last day to drop classes anyway. | 再说 过了今天就不准弃课了 |
[01:07] | Oh, speaking of that, | 说到弃课 |
[01:08] | I’m thinking about dropping history. | 我在考虑放弃历史课 |
[01:09] | – How come? – It’s not really exciting me. | -为什么 -我觉得很无趣 |
[01:12] | Plus, we’ve got this huge paper due today | 再说 有份大论文今天该交 |
[01:14] | that I haven’t quite finished starting. | 我的开始动工计划还没结束 |
[01:16] | It’s on the Monroe Doctrine. | 要写门罗主义 |
[01:17] | The Monroe Doctrine? | 门罗主义 |
[01:19] | Oh, no. | 糟糕 |
[01:21] | Junior year history class, | 大三历史课 |
[01:22] | I wrote the perfect paper. | 我写了一份完美的论文 |
[01:24] | Strong thesis, impeccable supporting arguments. | 强力的论点 无可挑剔的辅助论证 |
[01:27] | I quoted from the letters of a White House footman | 我引用了一位白宫侍从的信件 |
[01:30] | who recalled Monroe calling to him from the bath, | 他回忆道 门罗在浴缸中叫他 |
[01:32] | “Beauregard, fetch me my breeches. | “博勒加德 把我的马裤给我 |
[01:35] | We have a doctrine!” | 我想到了一个主义” |
[01:37] | I got a “C.” | 我只得了C |
[01:41] | Oh, so you agree with that grade, huh? | 你认为这成绩合理是吗 |
[01:44] | Don’t patronize me. | 别把我当小孩哄 |
[02:01] | The food at the club has gotten so much lighter and healthier. | 俱乐部的饮食变得清淡健康多了 |
[02:03] | We had a run of angina attacks, | 好几个人心绞痛连续发作 |
[02:05] | so we had to go heart-healthy. | 所以我们不得不重视心脏健康 |
[02:06] | We said goodbye to our social chairman, Herb, | 我们在同一个周末先后失去了 |
[02:08] | and our butter fountain in the same weekend. | 社交主席贺布和黄油喷泉 |
[02:11] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[02:12] | Hey, Mr. Pritchett. | 普里契特先生 |
[02:13] | I’ll take this when you’re ready. | 您随时可以结账了 |
[02:14] | – Thank you, Maria. – Oh, Maria, | -谢谢你 玛利亚 -玛利亚 |
[02:16] | that’s a beautiful name. That’s why it’s often sung. | 很美的名字 所以常被歌唱 |
[02:18] | But you’re not going to — | 但你不会唱的 |
[02:19] | ♪ Ave Maria ♪ | ♪ 万福玛利亚 ♪ |
[02:22] | And curtain. Okay, they just started letting gays in here. | 谢幕 行了 他们刚允许同性恋进门 |
[02:24] | Don’t make them regret it. | 别让他们后悔 |
[02:25] | You might also wanna tell Sharona | 你或许也该告诉夏罗娜[歌名] |
[02:26] | – to steer clear of the table. – Yes. | -不要靠近这张桌子 -没错 |
[02:29] | Yeah, well, I should probably save my energy | 反正我或许也该留着精力 |
[02:30] | for my performance tonight anyway. | 为今晚的演出做准备 |
[02:32] | Oh, darn. Gloria and I have tickets to, um… | 见鬼 歌洛莉亚和我买了票要去看… |
[02:36] | Don’t worry, Jay. It’s-it’s not for you. | 别担心 杰 不用你去看 |
[02:38] | Oh, good. I didn’t know where I was going with that. | 太好了 我还真编不下去了 |
[02:40] | Tonight is a fundraiser at Lily’s school. | 今晚是莉莉学校的募捐演出 |
[02:43] | We’re, you know, raising money for the kids. | 我们在为孩子们募捐 |
[02:45] | A night of song and sketch. | 歌唱与小品之夜 |
[02:47] | All the dads are performing. Well… | 所有孩子爸爸都要演出 或者说 |
[02:49] | most of the dads. | 大多数爸爸 |
[02:50] | Proud of you, son. | 为你骄傲 儿子 |
[02:51] | Ah, it’s not a complete victory. | 我也不是彻底的胜利 |
[02:52] | I still have to watch it, so… | 我还是得去看的 |
[02:55] | Thanks for breakfast, Dad. | 多谢你请客吃早饭 爸 |
[02:56] | I love spending time with you two! | 我喜欢和你们俩共度时光 |
[02:58] | Every month I’ve gotta burn off a minimum at the club, | 我每个月在俱乐部有最低消费 |
[03:01] | and literally, everybody else I knew was busy. | 而我认识的每个人居然都没空 |
[03:04] | That’s also why I give a lot of birthday presents | 这也是为什么我送出的好多生日礼物 |
[03:06] | from the pro-shop. You know, mugs | 都是俱乐部专卖店买的 马克杯 |
[03:07] | and visors that say “Kiss My Putter,” | 遮阳帽 上面印着”跟我的推杆说去” |
[03:10] | “Talk Birdie To Me.” | “挑逗我 小鸟球” |
[03:11] | Quality items. Everybody wins. | 都是好产品 双赢 |
[03:15] | So, if you’re not rushed, | 假如你们不着急的话 |
[03:16] | you should treat yourself to our spa. | 该去我们的水疗享受一下 |
[03:18] | You know, get a couple of, uh… | 去试试看… |
[03:20] | a couple of standard treatments. | 标准按摩套餐 |
[03:22] | Oh, well, you’re so generous. | 你真慷慨 |
[03:24] | Might I say you look very handsome | 我想说 我们圣诞时送你的这件衬衫 |
[03:27] | in that shirt we gave you for Christmas. | 你穿着十分精神 |
[03:29] | They also make it in “Queen’s coral” — oh, no. | 这款还有”皇后珊瑚粉” 糟糕 |
[03:31] | Did I spoil your birthday? | 我是不是剧透了你的生日礼物 |
[03:33] | Sounds like you might. | 听起来是的 |
[03:37] | – What’s so funny? – Oh, it’s just that | -什么事这么好笑 -不过是 |
[03:39] | I’ve been e-mailing this mom at school. | 我和学校的一个孩子妈互通电邮 |
[03:40] | We both volunteer together. | 我和她一起做志愿者 |
[03:42] | – You-you e-mail? – It’s harmless. Listen. | -你发电邮 -没什么的 听着 |
[03:44] | “Hey, Jay, enjoyed laughing around the planetarium with you. | “杰 在天文馆和你说笑很开心 |
[03:48] | Your jokes were out of this world.” | 你的笑话能把人笑到天外” |
[03:49] | Hm, okay. So, if it’s so harmless, | 好吧 假如没有什么 |
[03:51] | I’m sure Gloria knows about this flirty quipstress. | 歌洛莉亚肯定也知道这位妙语撩骚的女士 |
[03:54] | Don’t make something out of this. | 别捕风捉影 |
[03:56] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[03:57] | That’s why he’s wearing the shirt. | 所以他才穿了这件衬衫 |
[03:59] | Because it makes your blue eyes pop. | 因为它能衬托出你的蓝眼睛 |
[04:01] | I’m not letting you magpies dirty this up. | 我不会让你们俩八婆把这潭水弄浑 |
[04:06] | “Park by the swings | “把车停在秋千那 |
[04:07] | so I can help you carry stuff in.” | 好帮你把东西拿进来” |
[04:09] | “Park by the swings | “把车停在秋千那 |
[04:10] | so I can help you carry stuff in.” | 好帮你把东西拿”进”来” |
[04:12] | You’re sullying this, and I’m leaving! | 你们这是抹黑 我走了 |
[04:14] | – Okay, well, say “Hi” to your girlfriend. – She’s not my girlfriend. | -向你女朋友带好 -她不是我女朋友 |
[04:16] | The only reason we’re paired together | 我们俩会配成一组的唯一理由 |
[04:17] | is because our kids are in the same reading group. | 就是因为我们的孩子在同一个阅读小组 |
[04:20] | Damn it! | 去你们的 |
[04:22] | I love when we “Ooh.” | 我太喜欢我们的”哦哟哟”了 |
[04:23] | We used to do that all the time, and then we stopped. | 以前我们经常这样 后来不了 |
[04:25] | – Why? – I don’t know. | -为什么 -我不知道 |
[04:30] | Joe! | 乔 |
[04:31] | Why did I find your eye patch | 为什么我在垃圾桶里 |
[04:33] | – in the garbage? – I don’t know. | -发现了你的眼罩 -我不知道 |
[04:35] | Were you throwing away another parking ticket? | 因为你又去扔了一张停车罚单吗 |
[04:38] | Okay, you have to put it on. | 你必须戴上 |
[04:39] | Why? My lazy eye is fixed. | 为什么 我的弱视已经好了 |
[04:41] | Okay, I’m over here, | 好啦 有我在呢 |
[04:43] | and it’s only one more week. | 再坚持一周 |
[04:46] | And you look tough, | 你看起来很硬汉 |
[04:47] | like a little warlord. | 像个小战神 |
[04:49] | Oh, that’s Liam’s mom. | 利亚姆的妈妈到了 |
[04:51] | See you after school. | 放学见 |
[04:52] | Okay, papi, but promise me | 好的宝贝 不过答应我 |
[04:54] | that you’re going to wear the eye patch | 你一整天都会乖乖 |
[04:57] | – the whole day. – I will. | -戴眼罩 -我会戴的 |
[05:02] | I can’t believe you don’t trust me. | 真不敢相信你不信任我 |
[05:04] | Two days ago, | 两天前 |
[05:06] | I caught you trying to copy | 我抓到你想 |
[05:07] | a $20 bill in the printer. | 用打印机复印20美元 |
[05:10] | Dad says I get to pick what we watch on TV | 爸爸说等我能自己赚钱[造钱]的时候 |
[05:12] | when I start making my own money. | 我就能决定我们看什么节目 |
[05:14] | Go to school. | 上学去吧 |
[05:17] | If you guys are ready, | 要是你们准备好了 |
[05:18] | me and Julio will get started. | 我和胡里奥就开始了 |
[05:19] | Oh, by any chance, did you guys meet down by the schoolyard? | 对了 你们是不是在校园操场遇到的呢 |
[05:22] | – ♪ Me ♪ – No — No. Okay. | -♪ 我 ♪ -别 别 好了 |
[05:27] | Oh, that’s the spot. | 就是这里 |
[05:34] | Now I’m remembering why we haven’t had | 现在我想起来为什么我们 |
[05:35] | a couples massage since our honeymoon. | 蜜月之后就没有一起做过按摩了 |
[05:38] | Aruba. | 阿鲁巴[阿鲁巴岛] |
[05:40] | That’s not where we went. | 那不是我们度蜜月的地方 |
[05:41] | That’s the noise he made. | 那是他发出的噪音 |
[05:43] | Arrruuuubaaaa. | 阿 鲁 巴 |
[05:46] | Cam, could you just… | 小卡 你能稍微 |
[05:47] | just…shh. | 稍微 嘘 |
[05:49] | – I’m sorry. – Thank you. | -抱歉 -谢谢 |
[05:57] | Okay, you know what? I’m gonna call it. | 好了 够了 我今天就到这了 |
[05:58] | – Mm-hmm. Nope. – What happened? Was he forward? | -不做了 -怎么了 他太过火了吗 |
[06:01] | No, I just can’t relax | 不是 我只是无法 |
[06:02] | with you making these noises. | 在你发出那些声音的时候放松下来 |
[06:04] | Well, I can’t relax without making the noises. | 那我不发出那些声音就放松不下来 |
[06:06] | Which is why I’m leaving. Thank you, Julio, | 所以我要走了 谢谢你 胡里奥 |
[06:08] | and I’m sorry. I-I didn’t catch your name. | 不好意思 我没记住你的名字 |
[06:09] | It’s A-weema-weh. | 我叫啊喂吗喂 |
[06:10] | Good luck to you both. Okay. | 祝你们俩好运 |
[06:16] | Oh, Luke! Honey, hi. | 卢克 亲爱的 |
[06:18] | Hey, Mom. Everything all right? | 你好啊 妈 一切都好吗 |
[06:19] | Of course. I just felt like making a stop | 当然 我就是想过来看看 |
[06:21] | by the hallowed halls of community college. | 社区大学的神圣殿堂 |
[06:24] | What’s with the police tape? | 那些封条是怎么回事 |
[06:26] | Oh, some frat guys decided | 有一些兄弟会的人想把 |
[06:28] | to drive the dean’s office to Burning Man. | 院长的车开到火人节去 |
[06:30] | Okay. Well, anyhoo, | 好吧 反正 |
[06:32] | since we’re here, | 既然来都来了 |
[06:33] | before you drop that history class, | 在你弃掉历史课之前 |
[06:35] | could you possibly turn in an old paper of mine? | 能不能把我以前的论文交上去呢 |
[06:37] | I would love to get a second opinion on it. | 我想看看别人的评分 |
[06:39] | Sure, | 当然 |
[06:41] | but you know you just did something weird | 但是你知道你对我提了一个很奇怪的要求 |
[06:42] | and I didn’t ask a single follow-up question? | 而我一个问题都没多问吧 |
[06:45] | Yeah. | 对 |
[06:45] | You owe me one of those. | 你欠我一次这样的请求 |
[06:48] | How’d you even get an old paper on a thumb drive? | 你是怎么把以前的论文导进U盘里的 |
[06:50] | It was easy. | 很容易… |
[06:52] | Ish. | 吧 |
[06:53] | The old paper was on an old format, | 那篇久远的论文是老旧的格式 |
[06:56] | but it was a simple matter | 但是把几台老机器连接起来 |
[06:57] | of stringing a couple of old machines together | 就能很容易地得到 |
[06:59] | to get what I needed. | 我需要的东西了 |
[07:01] | All right. | 好了 |
[07:02] | Yes, I have been accused of having | 我一直因为完美主义 |
[07:03] | a little problem with perfectionism… | 饱受诟病 |
[07:06] | ♪ It’s working ♪ | ♪ 它在运作 ♪ |
[07:07] | …but I also have a little problem with injustice, | 但是我对于不公也有意见 |
[07:10] | much as a certain U.S. President had a little problem | 就像某位美国总统 |
[07:14] | with European Imperialism. Yes! | 对欧洲帝国主义的看法一样 棒 |
[07:16] | Of course when a man does it, it becomes a doctrine. | 当然当一个男人这么做的时候 那是教义 |
[07:18] | and when a woman does it, | 而当一个女人这样做 |
[07:19] | she’s hysterical. | 她就是歇斯底里 |
[07:21] | I hope you guys like counting “crows”. | 我希望你们喜欢数”乌鸦” |
[07:24] | Es-crows, that is. | “一只乌鸦”[第三方契约] |
[07:27] | It had become a familiar sound — | 这已经成了熟悉的声音 |
[07:29] | my 18 devoted students laughing as one. | 我的18个投入的学生笑声合一 |
[07:33] | Only something was different this time. | 只是这次有些不对劲 |
[07:35] | It sounded like 17. | 听起来像是17个 |
[07:37] | Could it be that I had a wobbler in my midst? | 难道中间有人动摇了 |
[07:41] | Sure enough, Paige Stevens | 果然 佩奇·史蒂文斯 |
[07:43] | was going through the course catalog. | 正在翻阅课程目录 |
[07:45] | If I lost her, I’d be below my minimum | 要是她走了 我的课程就不足最小人数 |
[07:46] | and lose the class. | 这门课就会被停 |
[07:48] | For the sake of those 17 dreamers, | 为了其他17个追梦者 |
[07:49] | I had no choice but to unleash the Dunphy charm. | 我别无选择 只能施展我的邓菲魅力 |
[07:53] | – Paige Stevens. – Present. | -佩奇·史蒂文斯 -到 |
[07:55] | Oh, we already did that part, and you nailed it. | 我们已经点过名了 你表现得很好 |
[07:57] | I read your essay last night. | 我昨天晚上读了你的文章 |
[08:00] | Whom did you study privately with? | 你私下跟谁一起学习了 |
[08:02] | – I’m sorry? – Come, now, Paige. | -不好意思你说什么 -别装了 佩奇 |
[08:05] | Your insight, your grasp of the vernacular. | 你的见解 你的遣词造句 |
[08:07] | W-Was it Freemont? | 是弗里蒙特吗 |
[08:08] | Or perhaps one of the Europeans? | 还是某一位欧洲人 |
[08:10] | Scharfenbrugen? | 沙尔芬贝格 |
[08:11] | – No. – Oh, of course not. | -不是 -当然不 |
[08:13] | He lives as a recluse. He hasn’t taken students in years. | 他过着隐居的生活 多年没有收学生了 |
[08:16] | I’m simply saying | 我是想表达 |
[08:17] | that your raw instincts | 你天生的直觉 |
[08:19] | may be the best thing to happen to real estate | 可能是1994年允许佣金分割以来 |
[08:20] | since the allowing of split commissions in 1994. | 房地产界的最强福音 |
[08:24] | Didn’t you tell us it was — | 你不是跟我们说那是 |
[08:25] | Can we for one moment | 我们就不能有一会儿 |
[08:27] | have a break from the Serge show?! | 能不是你的瑟奇个人秀吗 |
[08:32] | Just promise me that in a few short years | 向我保证几年后 |
[08:35] | when you become the next Fred Dunham, | 当你成为下一个弗莱德·邓纳姆时 |
[08:38] | that you’ll come visit us? | 你会回来看我们 |
[08:39] | Do you really think… | 你真的觉得 |
[08:40] | I don’t think. | 我不是觉得 |
[08:42] | I know. | 我知道会 |
[08:44] | From there, it was a bit of flattery, | 就是那儿 一点奉承 |
[08:46] | a dash of encouragement, | 一丝鼓励 |
[08:48] | and Paige was turned. | 佩奇就回心转意了 |
[08:51] | So, if I could paraphrase | 让我把我们的明星学员 |
[08:52] | what our star pupil just pointed out, | 刚才指出的点改述一下 |
[08:55] | sometimes it’s just a matter | 有时候问题只是要 |
[08:57] | of finding the “Dupe” in “Duplex.” | 找到愿意买复式住宅的复式傻子 |
[09:00] | And there it was again, | 那个声音又出现了 |
[09:02] | that sweet music — | 那动听的音乐 |
[09:03] | 18 people laughing. | 18个人的欢笑声 |
[09:06] | I’ll see you all next week. | 所有人下周再见 |
[09:08] | Definitely. | 肯定的 |
[09:09] | Oh, and I am holding office hours at my house, | 还有 我会在家办公 |
[09:12] | so feel free to come by any time. | 欢迎你们随时来访 |
[09:13] | Oh, cool. | 没问题 |
[09:15] | Oh, you — | 你… |
[09:16] | Uh, Paige. | 佩奇 |
[09:20] | “Mrs. Paige Dunphy”? | “佩奇·邓菲夫人” |
[09:23] | Curses. | 诅咒啊 |
[09:24] | I’d over-wooed my wobbler. | 我鼓励地太过了 |
[09:30] | Are we still on for dinner tonight? | 我们今晚还一起吃晚餐吗 |
[09:31] | Yeah, I can probably get us in | 当然 我大概能在我外公的俱乐部 |
[09:33] | to the late seating at my grandpa’s country club. | 弄到打烊前用餐的座位名额 |
[09:35] | Can you hold off ‘ti:30? | 你能等到六点半吗 |
[09:36] | Actually, I thought | 其实 我在想 |
[09:37] | maybe I could come over and cook for you. | 也许我可以去你家给你做饭吃 |
[09:40] | Awesome. | 太棒了 |
[09:42] | Hey, there’s my favorite class dad! | 这不是我最喜欢的班级爸爸吗 |
[09:45] | Oh, hey. Hey. | 你好啊 |
[09:45] | Tie my apron, will you? | 帮我系下围裙 好吗 |
[09:47] | My pleasure. | 我的荣幸 |
[09:48] | Uh, not my — not my pleasure, of course. | 不 不是我的荣幸[舒服] 当然不是 |
[09:50] | That sounds weird, | 这听起来太奇怪了 |
[09:52] | and I’m not a weird man. | 而我不是奇怪的人 |
[09:53] | Mitch and Cam got in my head. | 米奇和小卡搅乱了我的心 |
[09:55] | I’d had a perfectly innocent relationship with the fun mom, | 我本来和那个有趣妈妈有一段完全无害的关系 |
[09:58] | but then they got me feeling all guilty. | 结果被他们弄得我老有负罪感 |
[10:00] | Suddenly I couldn’t mention one thing in that school | 突然间我在学校提到的每件事 |
[10:03] | without it sounding like a double entendre. | 听起来都像是双关语 |
[10:05] | Nap time? | “睡觉”时间 |
[10:06] | Fun zone? | 乐趣”地带” |
[10:09] | Juice box… | 盒装[阴部]果汁 |
[10:11] | I got some nice tomatoes. | 我有鲜嫩多汁的番茄呢 |
[10:15] | Oh, yep. | 好 |
[10:17] | – Did you spill something? – Huh? No. | -你是不是弄洒了什么 -没有 |
[10:19] | I’m just working hard on this pizza. | 我只是在很用心地做披萨 |
[10:21] | Guess I ought to take this off. | 我想我得把这个取下来 |
[10:24] | Boy, feels naked without it. | 天啊 没了戒指感觉像裸体了一样 |
[10:25] | You ever feel that way? Naked? | 你有过这种感觉吗 像裸体了一样 |
[10:29] | I really wanted to trust that Joe was wearing his eye patch, | 我真心想相信乔有戴着他的眼罩 |
[10:33] | but after finding it in the garbage, | 但是自从在垃圾箱里发现眼罩之后 |
[10:35] | I had to make sure. | 我必须得来确认 |
[10:37] | I didn’t want him to mess up his vision. | 我不想让他把视力给毁了 |
[10:40] | I think it’s a big problem in this country. | 我认为在这个国家 视力是一个很重要的问题 |
[10:43] | Everywhere I look, there are men with googily eyes. | 我所到之处 总有眯着眼看的男人 |
[10:47] | Let’s take a selfie | 我们来自拍吧 |
[10:48] | for the school newsletter, so… | 是给学校期刊拍的 |
[10:49] | Flash those baby blues. | 所以显出那对蓝眼睛来 |
[10:59] | Did you preheat my oven? | 你给我的烤箱[子宫]预热了吗 |
[11:00] | Not on purpose. | 我不是故意的 |
[11:05] | Well, that was quite a little snitfit back there. | 你刚才反应可真不小啊 |
[11:07] | Were you trying to embarrass me, or…? | 你是想要让我出丑 还是怎么了 |
[11:09] | Mm, is that even possible? | 还能有让你更出丑的事吗 |
[11:10] | The singing in the restaurants, | 要赢过在餐厅唱歌 |
[11:11] | your Herbal Essence audition during the massage? | 或者按摩时为广告的”试音”可不容易啊 |
[11:13] | You know, you’re the one who should be embarrassed. | 你知道吗 你才是应该羞愧的那个人 |
[11:15] | I am. Isn’t that what we’re fighting about? | 我的确感到了羞愧 这不正是吵架的原因吗 |
[11:18] | Look at you. You can’t even put on | 看看你自己 你甚至不敢 |
[11:20] | your boxer-briefs in a men’s locker room | 在男士换衣间里 |
[11:21] | without your little terrycloth shame skirt. | 不用遮羞毛巾小短裙就穿上四角裤 |
[11:23] | It’s called modesty, Cam. | 这叫做有涵养 小卡 |
[11:25] | Can you please just keep your voice down? | 你能把声音放小点儿吗 |
[11:26] | Yeah, yeah. You know what? Well, it’s all | 好吧 你知道吗 这都是 |
[11:27] | part of the same thing. | 同样的事 |
[11:29] | You know, I’m not embarrassing. | 你知道吗 我一点都不尴尬 |
[11:31] | You’re the one that’s just embarrassed by everything. | 你就是个无论做什么都会尴尬的人 |
[11:33] | That is crazy — | 简直是神经病啊 |
[11:36] | – This seems worth it. – I’m fine. | -感觉这一撞很值得呢 -我很好 |
[11:38] | No, you’re not, and it’s affecting all of us. | 不 你不好 而这影响了我们所有人 |
[11:40] | You’re constantly shushing Lily and me, | 你总是让我和莉莉闭嘴 |
[11:42] | scolding us just for living out loud. | 责骂我们就因为我们活得大声 |
[11:44] | Can we please have this conversation later? | 我们就不能晚点再说这件事吗 |
[11:46] | No, we can’t, because I’ll be busy | 不 不能 因为我会忙着 |
[11:47] | performing in Fathers’ Follies — | 在父亲节目中演出 |
[11:49] | something else you’re too self-conscious to do. | 另一件因为你太扭捏而不敢做的事 |
[11:51] | You’re missing out on life, Mitchell. | 你错过了生活 米奇尔 |
[11:53] | You need to take off your shackles. | 你得不再那么拘束自己 |
[11:56] | Let people see | 让人们看见 |
[11:58] | who you are. | 你是谁 |
[12:06] | I’ve had enough — the wandering eye, the lies. | 我受够了 闪躲的眼神 那些谎言 |
[12:10] | Why was I so nervous? I had done nothing wrong. | 我为什么这么紧张 我什么都没做错 |
[12:14] | Sure, I engaged in some friendly e-mail banter. | 好吧 我确实有开一些无害的邮件玩笑 |
[12:17] | I guess I realized blue shirts make my eyes sparkle. | 我想我意识到了蓝色衣服能衬托我的蓝眼珠 |
[12:20] | Might have done a few push-ups in the parking lot | 披萨派对开始前 也许还在停车场 |
[12:22] | before the pizza party, but that’s for everybody. | 做了几个俯卧撑 但那是给所有人看的 |
[12:25] | He’s trying to make a fool of me. | 他就是把我当傻瓜 |
[12:27] | Sonia, I have to go. | 索尼娅 我得挂了 |
[12:31] | Where have you been all day? | 你一整天都到哪里去了 |
[12:33] | I see what you’re implying. Fine. | 我明白你在暗示什么了 好吧 |
[12:34] | Her name is Laura, she means nothing to me, | 她的名字是劳拉 她对我来说什么都不是 |
[12:37] | and the only reason my wedding ring is off | 我把婚戒取掉的唯一原因 |
[12:39] | is ’cause I was afraid I would lose it in her dough. | 是我怕戒指丢在她的”面团”里 |
[12:42] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[12:43] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你到底在说什么 |
[12:45] | Couple of e-mails. Harmless stuff. | 几封邮件 完全无害的小玩笑罢了 |
[12:48] | “Park by the swings so I can help you carry stuff in.” | “把车停在秋千那 好帮你把东西拿进来” |
[12:52] | These are what you’re worrying about? | 你就在担心这些啊 |
[12:53] | There’s nothing there. | 这些什么都不是啊 |
[12:54] | Yeah, Mitch and Cam were implying | 是吗 米奇和小卡在暗示 |
[12:56] | there was something weird going on. | 我跟她之间有不寻常的事情 |
[12:57] | That’s crazy. | 怎么可能嘛 |
[12:58] | She’s, like, 35 and gorgeous. | 她才35岁 还貌美如花 |
[13:00] | Exactly. | 就是啊 |
[13:02] | Although, I don’t think you read that e-mail | 不过 我想你念邮件时 |
[13:04] | the only way it could have been read. | 没念出它本身的语气 |
[13:05] | I mean, it could’ve gone, | 其实是这种语气 |
[13:06] | “Park by the swings | “把车停在秋千那 |
[13:08] | so I can help you carry stuff in.” | 好帮你把东西拿”进”来” |
[13:11] | Sounds like she knows about your bad back. | 听上去她知道你背不好 |
[13:14] | Jay, there’s no harm in a little flirting, | 杰 小撩一下无伤大雅 |
[13:17] | – especially you. – What is that supposed to mean? | -特别是你 -此话怎讲 |
[13:19] | You’re a good man. You have, like, a built-in alarm system. | 你是个好人 你体内自带警报系统 |
[13:22] | It keeps you in the right path. | 不会让你行差踏错 |
[13:24] | Then why did you shoot me that look at school? | 那你在学校为什么那样瞪我 |
[13:26] | It was meant for Joe. | 我那是在瞪乔 |
[13:28] | I worry that he doesn’t have your strong conscience. | 我担心他没有你那种强烈的道德心 |
[13:31] | I worry that he has my family genes | 我害怕他遗传了我家的基因 |
[13:33] | where we can lie and lie and lie and lie | 我们说谎都不打草稿 |
[13:36] | without feeling one ounce of guilt. | 而且不会有丝毫愧疚 |
[13:38] | Y-You don’t lie to me, though, do you? | 但你平时没对我说谎吧 |
[13:40] | Never. | 从没有过 |
[13:45] | Here he is now. I’ll bet he comes in here | 他来了 我猜他一定会进来 |
[13:47] | and apologizes for lying. | 为自己说谎道歉 |
[13:49] | Yeah, if he’s like one from your family. | 前提是他遗传了你们家的正直基因 |
[13:51] | But if he walks in here all easy-breezy | 但如果他进来 像个没事人一样 |
[13:54] | pretending that he didn’t do anything wrong, | 假装自己没做错过任何事 |
[13:56] | he’s 100% Ramirez, | 那他就是百分百拉米雷兹家的人 |
[13:59] | or whatever our real name is. | 或者这也不是我们真正的姓 |
[14:03] | Hey, buddy. | 儿子 |
[14:04] | I’m sorry, okay?! | 对不起 行了吗 |
[14:06] | I lied about wearing my eye patch, | 戴眼罩的事我说谎了 |
[14:08] | and that’s only the beginning! | 那还只是一系列谎言的开始 |
[14:10] | I lied about how my bike broke. | 我自行车怎么坏的 我说谎了 |
[14:12] | I never walk Stella. | 我从没遛过斯黛拉 |
[14:14] | I tie her to the treadmill. | 我把她拴在跑步机上 |
[14:16] | The last three teeth I put under my pillow | 我之前放在枕头底下的三颗掉牙 |
[14:17] | were Tic-Tacs. | 其实都是薄荷糖 |
[14:19] | I’m a terrible boy. | 我是个无可救药的男孩 |
[14:20] | Oh, good. | 太好了 |
[14:22] | He’s weak like you. | 他跟你一样怂 |
[14:25] | Thank you, Tiffany’s dad! | 谢谢你 蒂凡尼的爸爸 |
[14:27] | And now, please put your hands together | 接下来 请掌声欢迎 |
[14:30] | for Lily, Harper, Zack, and Danielle’s dads — | 莉莉 哈珀 扎克和丹妮尔的爸爸们 |
[14:33] | The Bees Knees! | “蜜蜂之膝[生意]”组合 |
[14:39] | Go, Dad! Woot, woot! | 爸爸加油 |
[14:42] | I was the only dad in the audience. | 我是观众席里唯一的爸爸 |
[14:44] | It was just me and a bunch of women and children. | 台下坐着的都是女性和孩子 就我一个男人 |
[14:46] | I felt like a coward on a life boat. | 我感觉自己就像硬挤上救生艇的懦夫 |
[14:49] | I mean, Cam was right — I-I was missing out. | 小卡说得对 我错过了很多 |
[14:51] | Hey, Bob. A quick favor to ask. | 鲍勃 帮我个小忙 |
[14:53] | If you don’t think Harper would mind, | 如果哈珀不介意 |
[14:55] | do you think maybe I could wear the bee costume? | 你能不能把蜜蜂表演服给我穿一下 |
[14:57] | Take it. I’m in the show later anyways, | 拿去吧 反正我之后还有表演 |
[14:59] | playing bass with the Grateful Dads. | 在”感恩之父”组合里唱低音部 |
[15:01] | Then good, yeah. | 那就给我吧 |
[15:10] | Oh, my God. I’m so proud of you! | 天啊 我真为你感到骄傲 |
[15:20] | Thank you. Thank you! | 谢谢 谢谢各位 |
[15:22] | And now we’d like to take a moment | 现在请大家安静片刻 |
[15:24] | to remember our beloved lunch lady, | 我们一起缅怀亲爱的食堂阿姨 |
[15:26] | Mrs. Penny Miller. | 佩妮·米勒太太 |
[15:31] | Oh, my gosh. | 老天 |
[15:32] | I can’t believe you did that! | 你居然这么做了 |
[15:34] | – That was amazing! – Oh, stop it. | -太棒了 -哎呀别夸了 |
[15:38] | No! | 不 |
[15:41] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[15:45] | Did we learn nothing from the gloves?! | 我们还没吸取手套的教训吗 |
[15:50] | Sorry, sorry, sorry. I got it. I got it. | 抱歉 抱歉 抱歉 我来 我来 |
[15:52] | I got it. I got it. I got it. | 我来弄 我来处理 |
[15:55] | For starters, | 头盘 |
[15:56] | my grandmother’s ravioli. | 是用我祖母配方做的意大利饺子 |
[15:58] | It looks amazing. | 看起来很好吃 |
[15:59] | I’ve been saving some occasion wine in my room. | 我房间里存着一些红酒 以备不时之需 |
[16:01] | The grape character on the box is saying “Mamma Mia!” | 盒子上的葡萄特性一栏写着”妈妈咪呀” |
[16:03] | so it should go well with Italian. | 所以应该跟意大利料理很搭 |
[16:12] | Hello, Professor. | 教授 您好 |
[16:14] | I, uh… | 我… |
[16:16] | I see you took me up on that open-door policy I mentioned. | 看来你接受了我提议的”门户开放政策” |
[16:19] | Oh, I’m not here for office hours. | 我不是来问你学习的事 |
[16:22] | – This is a date. – Of course. | -这是个约会 -毫不意外 |
[16:24] | I’ve heard things like this happened to Paul McCartney | 我听说披头士乐队的保罗·麦卡尼当红时 |
[16:24] | 电影讲述有幸福家庭的老帅哥一夜风流后 小三发疯 不断骚扰他全家的故事 | |
[16:26] | at the height of his Beatles fame. | 也遇到过这种事 |
[16:27] | It was a classic fatal-attraction situation. | 典型的《致命诱惑》套路 |
[16:30] | I had to do two things. | 我必须做两件事 |
[16:31] | One — get through the next 10 minutes | 第一 撑过接下来的十分钟 |
[16:33] | ’til the deadline to drop my class had passed | 拖到弃我课的截止时间过了为止 |
[16:34] | by distracting her with light banter | 方法是用诙谐的玩笑转移她的注意力 |
[16:37] | and enjoying her Tuscan cooking, and, two — | 和享用她做的托斯卡纳料理 第二 |
[16:39] | check to see if she had beaten and restrained Claire. | 确认下她有没有暴打克莱尔并把她绑了起来 |
[16:42] | I’m not coming on too strongly, | 我会不会用力过猛了 |
[16:45] | am I, with this dress? | 穿这条裙子来约会 |
[16:47] | Oh. No. | 不会 |
[16:49] | Lovely. | 很可爱 |
[16:50] | I’m really nervous about my cooking. | 我对自己的烹饪很没自信 |
[16:52] | If a guy doesn’t eat every bite | 如果一个男人没有吃光 |
[16:54] | of my grandma’s ravioli, | 我祖母的意大利饺子 |
[16:55] | I go nuts. | 我会发疯 |
[16:57] | Well, we certainly… | 我们当然 |
[17:00] | don’t want that to happen, | 不希望有这种事发生 |
[17:02] | do we? | 对吧 |
[17:03] | Now, uh… | 话说 |
[17:05] | where are you from? | 你是哪里人 |
[17:06] | Originally. | 老家在哪里 |
[17:07] | I would say Italy, | 我猜是意大利 |
[17:09] | but there’s no accent, | 但你没有口音 |
[17:10] | so, obviously, that’s not the case. | 所以你肯定不是 |
[17:13] | Luke. | 卢克 |
[17:14] | Luke, any word on my Monroe Doctrine paper? | 卢克 我关于门罗主义那篇论文有消息了吗 |
[17:16] | Oh, actually, I decided | 其实 我决定 |
[17:18] | not to drop that class, | 不弃那门课了 |
[17:19] | so it didn’t feel right turning it in. | 所以把论文交上去好像不太好 |
[17:21] | But something funny did happen. | 不过发生了有趣的事 |
[17:22] | I had your paper open on my computer. | 我在电脑上打开了你写的论文 |
[17:24] | Paige saw it and thought it was mine. | 佩奇看到了 以为是我写的 |
[17:25] | She made some really good changes. | 她做了一些很棒的改动 |
[17:27] | – Changes? – Yeah, well, | -改动 -是啊 |
[17:28] | she cut to the chase in a few places, | 她在几个地方直接切入正题 |
[17:30] | cleaned up the ending. | 把结尾部分做了精简 |
[17:31] | She’s a history major, you know. | 她其实是历史专业的学生呢 |
[17:33] | – Get it. – Mom, I’m… | -懂了 -妈 我… |
[17:35] | kind of in the middle of a dinner date. | 跟人家还在晚餐约会中呢 |
[17:36] | Are you? By now you might be | 是吗 如果你继续约会 |
[17:38] | in the middle of a movie or a board game. | 你们说不定电影已经看一半 或者在玩桌游了 |
[17:39] | We all know how obsessed she is with changing things. | 毕竟我们都知道她这人有多爱做改变 |
[17:41] | Go get the paper, Luke. | 去把论文给我拿来 卢克 |
[17:44] | Oh, good, you’re okay. | 太好了 你没事 |
[17:46] | I’m not that okay. | 谁说老娘没事了 |
[17:47] | I’m not a fan of this Paige. | 我对这佩奇可不太感冒 |
[17:50] | – She’s got some nerve. – So you’re aware. | -她挺狗胆包天 -所以你知道了 |
[17:51] | Oh, I’m aware. I’m aware that she has no problem | 我当然知道 我清楚知道她毫不介意 |
[17:53] | putting her grubby, little paws all over | 把自己的贱爪伸向 |
[17:55] | something that doesn’t belong to her. | 不属于她的事物上 |
[17:56] | – I can see you’re upset. – I am. | -我看出你很不爽 -是的 |
[17:58] | I’m upset because I basically took | 我不爽的原因是因为 |
[18:00] | the most boring thing in history and made it interesting. | 我把史上最无聊的东西拿来并弄得有趣 |
[18:04] | She thinks she can just come in here and just make it hers. | 她大摇大摆走过来就当成自己的东西拿走 |
[18:06] | – No. – Feels a little hurtful, | -做梦吧 -我有点被伤到 |
[18:07] | but she is my student, and I have a lot at stake here, | 但她是我的学生 这事对我影响巨大 |
[18:10] | so can I please just handle this myself? | 能求你把这件事留给我自己处理吗 |
[18:15] | You didn’t miss much with the ravioli. | 你没吃到意大利饺也不算亏 |
[18:17] | The showstopper is my branzino. | 真正的好戏是我的海鲈鱼 |
[18:19] | It smells great. | 闻起来好香啊 |
[18:20] | We don’t get to have fish around here. | 我们家平常没机会吃到鱼 |
[18:22] | My dad hates it. | 我爸超讨厌吃鱼 |
[18:23] | Well, this one’s a family recipe, | 这是我们的家传食谱 |
[18:24] | so if you don’t like it, I’ll pretty much have to drop you. | 如果你不爱吃 我可能就得抛弃[课]你了 |
[18:28] | Well… | 既然如此 |
[18:30] | let’s not have | 那我们还是 |
[18:31] | any of that | 不要再说 |
[18:33] | crazy…talk. | 任何疯话了 |
[18:35] | Two minutes to deadline. | 离时限还有2分钟 |
[18:36] | I couldn’t let her drop my class! | 我不能让她弃了我的课 |
[18:41] | Now | 现在 |
[18:42] | …back… | 继续 |
[18:45] | … to where you’re from. | 说你是从哪里来的 |
[18:47] | Encino. | 加州恩西诺 |
[18:50] | Damn it. | 靠 |
[18:52] | Mom, don’t be mad at her. She was just — | 妈 别生她气 她只是… |
[18:53] | No, she made it better. | 没 她真的改良了许多 |
[18:55] | What was I thinking with this sentence? | 我写这句的时候脑子里想什么呢 |
[18:56] | “The esteemed barrister’s argument was as layered | “受人敬仰的大律师的论点 |
[18:59] | as the cuffs on his after-dinner breeches”? | 充满层次 仿佛他的晚宴后马裤一般” |
[19:02] | That is the third time I mentioned breeches. | 这是我第三次提到马裤了 |
[19:04] | What was I going through? | 我当年是在闹哪样啊 |
[19:05] | – Can I go now? – Yeah. | -我可以走了吗 -可以 |
[19:07] | Oh, wait, honey. | 等等 宝贝 |
[19:09] | I like this girl for you. | 我觉得这姑娘挺好 |
[19:11] | She deserves better than boxed wine. | 她值得你请她喝比盒装红酒更好的酒 |
[19:13] | Haley keeps a nice bottle under her bed. | 海莉有瓶好酒藏在床底下了 |
[19:19] | You really seemed to like that. | 你好像很喜欢吃这道菜 |
[19:21] | – Oh, yeah. – I could make another one, | -是的 -我可以再去做一份 |
[19:23] | but it would take a while. | 但需要花一点时间 |
[19:25] | Let’s see. It’s 7:00 now — | 我看看 现在是7点了 |
[19:26] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地啊 |
[19:28] | Paige, we have to talk. | 佩奇 我们得聊聊 |
[19:31] | I-I may have sent some signals I didn’t mean to send. | 我可能无意间发出了让你误会的信号 |
[19:33] | Nonetheless, some of your behavior | 尽管如此 你的一些举动 |
[19:35] | has been a little inappropriate, frankly, | 老实说 稍微有点不太合适 |
[19:37] | kind of disrespectful to my wife. | 而且也对我妻子有点不敬 |
[19:39] | Oh, wait, hang on. Hang on. | 等等 别急 别说下去 |
[19:41] | I changed my mind about that. | 这件事我其实改变心意了 |
[19:42] | I am not mad at you. | 我不生你气 |
[19:44] | All you did was take an interest in something | 你所做的事只不过是对 |
[19:46] | that I should have dropped 25 years ago. | 我25年前就该丢弃的一件事物起了兴趣 |
[19:48] | – Um, Claire. – And can I say something else? | -克莱尔 -我能跑题一下吗 |
[19:50] | I’m all in favor of this relationship. | 我十分支持你们交往 |
[19:52] | – Claire? – I don’t want to jinx it, | -克莱尔 -我不想话说太早带来坏运 |
[19:54] | but I think you could be exactly what he needs. | 但我觉得你可能真的是他的真命天女 |
[19:58] | I know, he may look like a man, | 我懂 虽然他看起来像个男人 |
[20:01] | but, honestly, in a lot of ways, | 但老实说 在很多方面 |
[20:02] | he’s still just a little boy. | 他还只是个小男孩 |
[20:03] | Complete mess in the bedroom. | “房”里的事只能用一团乱来形容 |
[20:06] | Although, here’s a tip for you. | 不过我可以给你个小秘诀 |
[20:08] | He actually does respond well if you stay on top of him. | 如果你能”驾驭”在他之上 他表现会变好 |
[20:11] | – So, you’re okay with… – Absolutely. | -所以你不介意我跟… -完全不介意 |
[20:13] | As a certain U.S. President once said, | 如同某位美国早年前总统说过的 |
[20:16] | “Let the era of good feelings commence.” | “让感觉良好的年代开始吧” |
[20:18] | Oh, my God! This is the best day ever! | 天啊 这真是我最开心的一天了 |
[20:25] | So, it turns out Paige was only making dinner for me | 原来佩奇给我做晚餐 |
[20:27] | so she could get close to my dad. | 纯粹是因为想接近我爸 |
[20:29] | I am sorry, buddy, but I did warn everyone | 抱歉了 小兄弟 但我警告过大家 |
[20:31] | about the Dunphy charm. | 我强大的邓菲魅力了 |
[20:32] | It’s also a little interesting | 另一件有趣的事情是 |
[20:33] | that Paige’s Realtor dad abandoned the family | 佩奇的房产中介父亲在她12岁时 |
[20:35] | – when she was 12. – Seems irrelevant. | -抛妻弃女跑了 -感觉没关联啊 |
[20:37] | He also dabbled in magic. | 他也对魔术有过涉猎 |
[20:39] | Now we’re just having two separate conversations. | 感觉我们现在完全是在聊两个不同的话题啊 |
[20:41] | Did you know her last three boyfriends were 50? | 你知道她前3任男友都是50岁以上人士吗 |
[20:43] | Maybe spend a little less time with your nose | 我劝你还是少花时间去读 |
[20:45] | in that psych book and a little more time being sexy. | 你那些心理学的书 多花点时间变性感吧 |
[20:51] | You will get this back when your homework is done. | 等你写完作业了才还给你 |
[20:53] | Joe, what is this? | 乔 这是什么 |
[20:55] | Just the notes from my friend Hannah. | 我朋友汉娜给我的纸条 |
[20:57] | Friend? This doesn’t sound to me like that. | 朋友吗 我感觉可不是这么一回事 |
[20:59] | This is very flirty. | 这些字条很挑逗呢 |
[21:00] | Let me see that. | 让我看看 |
[21:02] | “Dear Joe, wanna share a half of my fruit roll-ups?” | “亲爱的乔 你想跟我分着吃水果软糖卷吗” |
[21:05] | This is just kids being kids. | 这只是小孩子的童言童语嘛 |
[21:06] | Don’t be a fool. | 好傻好天真 |
[21:07] | “Dear Joe, wanna share a half | “亲爱的乔 你想跟我 |
[21:09] | of my fruit roll-ups?” | 分着吃水果软糖卷吗” |
[21:11] | That’s a different spin on it. | 你这角度看确实不一样 |
[21:12] | Where’s that voice been? | 你这性感声线以前都躲哪了 |
[21:14] | Done this one. | 念念这条 |
[21:15] | “It was so fun running at recess.” | “下课时间一起跑来跑去好好玩啊” |
[21:19] | “Randy’s rash is really gross.” | “兰迪的疹子真的好恶心啊” |
[21:21] | Maybe we should go upstairs. | 或许我们该上楼”谈谈” |
[21:23] | Watch your movie, Joe. | 看你的电影吧 乔 |