时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Oh, boy. | 要命 |
[00:08] | Is it already the first day of livestock auction season again? | 又到了牲口拍卖季的第一天了吗 |
[00:10] | It’s the same day every year, Mitchell — | 每年都是同一天啊 米奇尔 |
[00:12] | a fortnight after the first ripe tomato comes in. | 第一颗番茄成熟后的第十五天 |
[00:14] | And seriously? | 而且说真的 |
[00:14] | This is what passes for auction-calling these days? | 现在的拍卖叫价都这么业余了吗 |
[00:16] | Is it possible you’re being a tad harsh? | 你会不会太严苛了一点 |
[00:19] | You know, when you’ve been at the top of your field — | 当你曾经是某个领域的顶尖人物 |
[00:21] | Greater Bug County Auction-Calling Champ | 大巴格县拍卖叫价冠军 |
[00:22] | three years running — | 还连续赢了三年 |
[00:24] | it’s hard to see anything but the inadequacies. | 那你眼里就只能看到缺点和不足 |
[00:26] | It’s why Baryshnikov couldn’t watch others dance. | 所以巴瑞辛尼科夫才没法观看其他舞蹈 |
[00:28] | What? He was the Artistic Director of — | 什么 他明明担任过艺术总监… |
[00:30] | How long have you lived in this house?! | 你都在这房子里住了多久了 |
[00:32] | It’s gonna wind up being some pig named Baryshnikov | 最后你会发现是一头叫巴瑞辛尼科夫的猪 |
[00:34] | or some damn thing. | 或叫其他鬼名字的 |
[00:37] | So, how was your trumpet lesson? | 你的小号课上得怎么样了 |
[00:38] | It was amazing. Yeah. | 太美妙了 |
[00:39] | Oh, these sessions just have really changed my life. | 那些课程[疗程]真的改变了我的人生 |
[00:43] | Technically, uh, not a lie. | 严格来说 我没说谎 |
[00:45] | Uh, I started taking trumpet lessons two years ago. | 我从两年前开始上小号课 |
[00:47] | But then I noticed the place next door | 但之后我发现隔壁店的按摩 |
[00:49] | was offering massages for the same price, so… | 跟课程同样价格 于是… |
[00:53] | you know. | 你懂的 |
[00:54] | And I felt bad relaxing while Cam was… | 我很内疚 自己去放松 而小卡… |
[00:57] | solo-parenting Lily. | 一个人照顾莉莉 |
[00:58] | But — But we were both spending time | 但话说回来 我俩都是跟一个 |
[01:01] | with an Asian woman who walked all over us. | 亚洲女性共处 让她踩背[羞辱] |
[01:03] | You always smell like lavender | 你每次从那里回来 |
[01:05] | when you come back from that place. | 身上都有薰衣草的味道 |
[01:06] | Uh, yeah, it’s the — it’s the valve oil | 那个是 是阀键油 |
[01:08] | for the, um — you know, | 上在…你知道 |
[01:08] | the t– the tooting buttons. | 就是上在… 小号的按键里 |
[01:10] | We should probably, uh, hit the road soon. | 我们该尽快出发了 |
[01:12] | High school graduation’s in an hour. | 一小时后就要举行高中毕业典礼了 |
[01:14] | It’s so humiliating | 好丢脸啊 |
[01:15] | being the Vice Principal at these things. | 以副校长身份出席这种活动 |
[01:17] | It’s just a ceremonial position | 这只是象征性的地位 |
[01:18] | where you have to sit behind Principal Brown, | 其实我只是坐在布朗校长身后 |
[01:21] | politely clapping | 礼貌地鼓掌 |
[01:21] | while he gets to set the course of history. | 眼看他设定历史的进程 |
[01:24] | Well, it could be fun with my dad giving | 不过我爸要在毕业典礼上致辞 |
[01:25] | the commencement address, though. | 应该会很有意思 |
[01:26] | I got a peek at his note cards, | 我偷瞄了他的备忘卡 |
[01:28] | and I don’t want to give anything away, | 我不想剧透里面的内容 |
[01:29] | but the young kid who boarded the bus | 但是那个头上涂满发蜡 |
[01:31] | with the hair full of Brylcreem | 手提着纸板行李箱 |
[01:32] | and a cardboard suitcase full of dreams — | 怀揣着梦想登上大巴的年轻孩子 |
[01:34] | it was him. | 是他 |
[01:37] | Oh, I have to take this. It’s Superintendent Pierce. | 我得接一下电话 是地方教育局长皮尔斯 |
[01:39] | Hello, good sir. To what do I owe this honor? | 您好 先生 真荣幸 请问有什么事 |
[01:43] | Oh, no. | 不会吧 |
[01:45] | That’s horrible. | 太可怕了 |
[01:47] | Principal Brown got into a car accident! | 布朗校长出车祸啦 |
[01:50] | W-Which means, as next in the line of succession, | 也就是说 作为第二顺位的校领导 |
[01:52] | I get to preside over today’s graduation. | 我可以主持今天的毕业典礼 |
[01:54] | You know, this is why senior administration officials | 这就是为什么高级行政官员 |
[01:57] | never travel together. | 从来不一起出行 |
[01:59] | Your glee at another man’s misfortune should trouble me, | 别人倒霉你却幸灾乐祸 我本该觉得不好 |
[02:02] | but there’s also something sort of sexy about it. | 但你这副样子又有点性感 |
[02:04] | Well, power is an aphrodisiac. | 权力就是春药 |
[02:07] | Maybe later you could be the principal | 或许晚点你可以扮演校长 |
[02:08] | and I could be the student who’s a few credits short. | 而我扮演还差了几个学分的学生 |
[02:10] | Hmm. A bad, bad boy | 我不乖 |
[02:12] | who needs to be taught right from wrong. | 需要被好好调教 |
[02:14] | ‘Cause I grew up in a broken home, | 因为我成长于一个破碎家庭 |
[02:15] | where social workers and constant fights about money | 社工常来我家 父母总为钱争吵 |
[02:18] | were just — | 所以… |
[02:19] | Okay, well, now I’m just sad. | 算了 这编到我开始感觉难受了 |
[02:37] | Can we switch seats? | 我们能换位子吗 |
[02:38] | I’m right under a vent. | 我刚好坐在通风口下面 |
[02:39] | This is not good for my instrument. | 这对我的喉咙不好 |
[02:41] | Oh, so nice that you’re taking this speech so seriously. | 你这么认真对待这次致辞 真好啊 |
[02:45] | When you did Mitch and Cam’s wedding toast, | 你当年为米奇和小卡的婚礼祝酒时 |
[02:47] | you had your mouth full of cashews. | 嘴里还塞满了腰果呢 |
[02:52] | Hey, pay attention to your brother. | 注意看你弟弟啊 |
[02:54] | You got him into karate. | 是你让他开始练空手道的 |
[02:56] | Not on purpose. | 我不是故意的 |
[02:57] | I just showed him a few “Pink Panther” movies. | 我只是给他看了几部《粉红豹》的卡通电影 |
[03:00] | Joe? | 乔 |
[03:01] | Joe? | 乔 |
[03:02] | I-I-I don’t want to play | 我不想再玩 |
[03:03] | this Inspector Clouseau and Cato game anymore. | 妙探长克鲁索和卡托的游戏了 |
[03:07] | It’s not that I’m scared. | 我可不是害怕哦 |
[03:08] | It’s just, I-I’m a little busy — | 我只是 有点忙 |
[03:11] | He’s a little psycho. | 他就是个小变态[《惊魂记》] |
[03:13] | Which we must never show him, by the way. | 对了 千万别给他看这部电影 |
[03:15] | And sorry if I’m distracted. | 如果我看起来心神不宁 抱歉 |
[03:17] | It’s cut day at CalArts. | 今天是加州艺术学院的裁生日 |
[03:19] | Half of the class isn’t being asked back. | 我有一半同学都没被叫回去继续读 |
[03:21] | Manny, my mother’s intuition | 曼尼 母亲的直觉告诉我 |
[03:23] | tells me that you have nothing to worry about. | 你没什么好担心的 |
[03:25] | It’s just so cruel. | 真的太残酷了 |
[03:27] | I’m halfway to a playwriting degree | 我还有一半课程就能拿到剧本创作学位 |
[03:28] | and a minor in mask-making | 和面具制作辅修证书 |
[03:30] | and they’re just gonna throw me out on the street | 难道他们要就这样把我赶去街头吗 |
[03:31] | with no way to support myself? | 我都没法养活自己 |
[03:33] | As a wise man will say in about two hours — | 正如一个睿智的男人在两小时后要说的那样 |
[03:36] | “Be grateful for the rocks life rolls in your path, | “生活把石头滚到你的道路前 你要心怀感激 |
[03:39] | for one day, you’ll see them as stepping stones.” | 因为有一天 你会视它们为垫脚石” |
[03:43] | I had that in my “maybe” pile. | 这句是从”可能要用”那堆里拿来的 |
[03:44] | Trust yourself, Jay. | 相信自己啊 杰 |
[03:48] | Oh, God. It’s an e-mail from school. | 老天 是学校发来的邮件 |
[03:50] | I don’t think I can read this in front of people. | 我可没法在众人面前看这邮件 |
[03:54] | Let’s go, Joe! | 加油 乔 |
[04:06] | I did it! | 我成功了 |
[04:08] | I did it! Yes! | 我成功了 好棒 |
[04:19] | Did my mom bribe Sensei Ron? | 我妈是不是收买了罗恩老师 |
[04:22] | I knew you could do it, Joe! | 我就知道你能做到 乔 |
[04:24] | My mother’s intuition told me | 母亲的直觉告诉我 |
[04:25] | that you had nothing to worry about. | 你没什么好担心的 |
[04:28] | And if she bribed Sensei Ron, who else did she bribe? | 如果她收买了罗恩老师 那她还收买了谁呢 |
[04:32] | Did I even deserve this? | 这个奖杯也是我应得的吗 |
[04:34] | Do you remember when grocery shopping was boring? | 你还记得逛超市很无聊的时候吗 |
[04:37] | I really don’t. | 不记得 |
[04:40] | As a parent, you don’t get | 身为家长 很少有机会获得 |
[04:41] | a lot of good, clean, guilt-free victories. | 美妙 磊落 没愧疚感的胜利 |
[04:44] | That’s why it’s hard not to feel | 所以我们今天 |
[04:46] | pretty damn good about ourselves today. | 很难不感到自信满满 |
[04:48] | Because this afternoon, | 因为今天下午 |
[04:49] | we are going to watch our daughter Alex graduate… | 我们要看咱家女儿艾丽克斯毕业 |
[04:52] | With honors! | 是以优异成绩哦 |
[04:53] | …from the world-renowned Caltech. | 从世界知名的加州理工大学 |
[04:56] | ♪ When the Caltech Beavers face you at sports ♪ | ♪ 当你对阵加州理工海狸队时 ♪ |
[04:58] | ♪ Prepare to relinquish the ba-a-all ♪ | ♪ 准备好让出手里的球吧 ♪ |
[05:02] | Their best minds weren’t focused on the fight song. | 他们虽然聪明 但没把心思放在写队歌上 |
[05:04] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[05:06] | I just can’t stop smiling | 我没办法停止微笑 |
[05:07] | at this picture of Alex in her cap and gown. | 一看到艾丽克斯这张穿戴着方帽和长袍的照片 |
[05:09] | It’s so surreal that one of our kids | 真是不敢相信 我跟你的孩子 |
[05:11] | could do something so amazing. | 居然能获得如此高的成就 |
[05:14] | I love you both. | 我也爱你们两个哦 |
[05:15] | So, you two, grab champagne and flowers for Alex. | 你们俩去拿香槟和鲜花送给艾丽克斯 |
[05:18] | We’ll, uh — We’ll get some cigars to give to Jay. | 我们…我们去拿雪茄送给杰 |
[05:21] | Yeah. | 行 |
[05:23] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[05:24] | It’s Skip Woosnam. Have you seen him since he fired you? | 是斯基普·伍斯南 他炒掉你之后你见过他吗 |
[05:27] | Once, at a listing. | 见过一次 在卖房会上 |
[05:29] | I tried to pretend I was a 3D cutout of myself | 我试图假扮成我自己的3D纸板 |
[05:32] | to avoid talking to him. | 避免跟他说话 |
[05:33] | But you know what? Today I want to talk to him. | 不过今天我倒想跟他聊聊 |
[05:35] | I think I’ll let ol’ Skip know | 我想我要告诉老斯基普 |
[05:37] | I have a daughter graduating from Caltech. | 我女儿要从加州理工毕业了 |
[05:39] | No, honey, we are not the kind of parents | 不 亲爱的 我们不是那种 |
[05:41] | who make ourselves look good by bragging about our kids. | 靠炫耀孩子来给自己长脸的家长 |
[05:44] | Then why did we even have them, Claire? | 那我们为什么要生孩子 克莱尔 |
[05:46] | Are we really not gonna crow about it | 我们连自鸣得意一下都不行吗 |
[05:47] | when one of our kids finally does something we can be proud of? | 我们终于有个孩子做了能让我们骄傲的事 |
[05:49] | I love you both very much. | 我好爱你们两个 |
[05:50] | I’m comfortable being the hot one. | 我不介意做帅气性感的那个孩子 |
[05:56] | Another record month? | 这个月又创纪录了 |
[05:59] | Well, thank you! | 谢谢 |
[06:00] | You’re the greatest butler on Earth. | 你是世界上最优秀的管家 |
[06:02] | I gotta run. | 我得挂了 |
[06:03] | – Phil? – Skip! | -菲尔 -斯基普 |
[06:05] | You son of a gun. How the hell are you? | 你这家伙 最近好吗 |
[06:07] | Great, great. Business is better than ever. | 很好 很好 生意比以往更红火 |
[06:09] | How about you? | 你怎么样 |
[06:10] | Did you, uh, finally get real cutouts? | 你现在买真的人形立牌了吗 |
[06:13] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[06:14] | Mine are so realistic and 3D, | 我的立牌都是3D高仿真的 |
[06:15] | you must have been laughing at one of them like an idiot. | 你肯定像白痴一样对着它笑来着 |
[06:17] | How crazy is it we ran into each other shopping, huh? | 我们购物时撞见彼此真是太巧了 |
[06:19] | Say, how are your kids? | 对了 你的孩子们还好吗 |
[06:21] | Terrific. Yeah. | 都特别好 |
[06:22] | June just, uh, took a job at the Container Store. | 琼刚找到份康泰纳连锁店的工作 |
[06:24] | Impressive. I have a kid | 真厉害 我也有个孩子 |
[06:25] | that’s interested in space, as well. Yeah. | 对太空特别感兴趣 |
[06:27] | Considering a job at, uh — at NASA, actually. | 其实她在考虑去太空总署工作 |
[06:30] | Yeah, he, uh, looks like he’s got the right stuff. | 是啊 他看起来很有这方面天赋 |
[06:34] | No, I — it’s — I was talking about my daughter. | 不 我说的是我女儿 |
[06:36] | Oh. Hey, Dad. Dad, guess what. | 爸 你猜怎么着 |
[06:38] | The twins started kicking the second I picked up booze. | 我一拿起酒瓶双胞胎就开始乱踢 |
[06:42] | They’re my kids, right? | 绝对是我的孩子 对吧 |
[06:43] | My other daughter. | 我的另一个女儿 |
[06:48] | Okay, I’m doing a little thing about | 那好 我的演讲里 |
[06:50] | following your dreams in mine. | 会稍微说说追随梦想 |
[06:52] | Do you have anything like that in yours? | 你的演讲里有吗 |
[06:53] | I say “Follow your passions.” | 我的是”追随热情” |
[06:54] | Okay, yeah. That’s different enough. | 好的 不算重复 |
[06:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:58] | Something fishy’s going on over here. | 那边有点可疑 |
[07:00] | I’m gonna go shake some trees, see what falls. | 我去旁敲侧击一下 看看能查出什么 |
[07:03] | Looking lovely today, Vice Principal Tucker. | 你今天真精神 副校长塔克 |
[07:06] | Cut the choirboy act, Pitkowski. | 别装纯良少年了 平托斯基 |
[07:08] | Oh, you don’t like the way I’m talking to you? | 你不喜欢我用这种方式对你说话吗 |
[07:09] | Well, who are you gonna complain to? | 你能跟谁投诉去 |
[07:11] | No one! | 没人 |
[07:12] | Because I’m the acting principal, | 因为我是代理校长 |
[07:14] | clothed in immense power! | 执掌无上大权 |
[07:18] | Wait, what is — Nope! | 等等 这是什么 休想 |
[07:20] | I bend faster. | 我弯腰速度更快 |
[07:21] | “Jay Pritchett, Owl Killer”?! | “杰·普里契特 猫头鹰杀手” |
[07:23] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么鬼东西 |
[07:25] | The year was 1972. | 那是1972年 |
[07:27] | I landed a whale — | 我接到了超级大单 |
[07:29] | every closet on a Carnival Cruise ship. | 一艘嘉年华游轮上的所有衣柜 |
[07:31] | To make the numbers work, | 为了预算和工期合得上 |
[07:32] | I needed a lot of cedar fast and cheap. | 我需要快速搞到一大批廉价雪松木 |
[07:35] | I ended up cutting down a forest | 结果我砍伐的一片森林 |
[07:37] | that happened to be the last habitat of the Golden Speckled Owl. | 刚好是金斑猫头鹰最后的栖息地 |
[07:41] | You know, nobody talks about all the mice I saved. | 怎么没人提我这一举救下了多少老鼠 |
[07:44] | Nope! | 没人提 |
[07:45] | Just the owls. | 只提猫头鹰 |
[07:47] | Are you all planning some sort of protest? | 你们在计划抗议吗 |
[07:49] | Well, that ain’t happening on my watch. | 在我的监管下 休想 |
[07:51] | Now go take your seats! | 快去坐好 |
[07:52] | “Owl Hitler”?! | “猫头鹰希特勒” |
[07:54] | What the hell is this picture? I never strangled an owl! | 这照片是怎么回事 我从没勒死过猫头鹰 |
[07:58] | Is it too much for Dylan to let me know where he is? | 让迪兰告诉我他人在哪很过分吗 |
[08:00] | My water could literally break any minute. | 我的羊水随时会破 |
[08:02] | Am I okay sitting here, | 我坐在这没问题吧 |
[08:03] | or am I in a SeaWorld splash zone situation? | 还是说像海洋世界前排一样会被溅湿 |
[08:06] | Claire, your old high school nemesis Ashley Walls, | 克莱尔 你高中时的死敌艾希莉·沃尔斯 |
[08:09] | did she have a daughter? | 她不是有个女儿吗 |
[08:10] | Uh, I don’t think so. Why? | 我记得没有 怎么了 |
[08:11] | Well, that woman over there | 那边那个女人 |
[08:13] | looks just like Ashley, but it can’t be. | 看起来很像艾希莉 但不太可能 |
[08:14] | She looks half your… beauty. | 她看起来只有你一半 美貌 |
[08:17] | Ashley Walls. | 艾希莉·沃尔斯 |
[08:19] | She outdid me at everything. | 她在每件事上都胜过我 |
[08:21] | Homecoming Queen, Field Hockey Captain, | 返校节女王 曲棍球队长 |
[08:24] | and the summer before we went away to college, | 我们上大学前的那个夏天 |
[08:26] | she beat me out for an internship at Pritchett’s closets. | 她竟打败我成为了普里契特衣柜的实习生 |
[08:30] | Claire? | 克莱尔 |
[08:32] | I…want to say… | 让我想想 |
[08:34] | Ashley? | 艾希莉 |
[08:35] | – Yes! how are you? – Good. | -是我 你好吗 -很好 |
[08:38] | Ashley Walls-Carnegie. | 艾希莉·沃尔斯-卡内基 |
[08:39] | Phillip Humphrey Dunphy. | 菲利普·汉弗莱·邓菲 |
[08:41] | So, what have you been up to, Ashley? | 你最近在忙什么 艾希莉 |
[08:43] | Uh, well, I’m a personal injury lawyer. | 我是人身伤害律师 |
[08:45] | I have a buddy that makes bank from that. | 我有个兄弟靠这个赚了好多钱 |
[08:48] | He’s not a lawyer. | 他不是律师 |
[08:49] | He just tries to get nice cars to hit him. | 他专门挑豪车碰瓷 |
[08:50] | Yeah, he’s just kidding. | 他只是在开玩笑 |
[08:52] | No, I’m not, Mom. | 我没开玩笑 妈 |
[08:53] | – In fact, I’ve ac– – Here, have a candy. | -事实上 我 -给 吃块糖 |
[08:55] | That was rude. | 真无礼 |
[08:56] | I just ran into my old health teacher, | 我刚刚遇到了以前的健康教育老师 |
[08:57] | and she said she always expected | 她说她一直都觉得 |
[08:59] | to see me pregnant at graduation. | 我会挺着大肚子参加毕业典礼 |
[09:01] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[09:02] | Oh, thanks. Twins. | 谢谢 是双胞胎 |
[09:04] | Sorry, I’d be a lot happier about it | 抱歉 要是知道他们老爸现在在哪 |
[09:05] | if I could track their father down. | 我会开心得多 |
[09:07] | Candy. | 吃糖 |
[09:08] | Oh, look — it’s your brother, Mitch. | 看 是你弟弟米奇 |
[09:11] | Now, he was always a little uptight, wasn’t he? | 他总是一板一眼的 对不对 |
[09:13] | Well, he was in high school, but now he’s just the most — | 高中时是的 但现在他特别好… |
[09:15] | Okay, you have one job today, young lady, | 听好 你今天只有一个任务 小姑娘 |
[09:16] | okay, to be supportive. | 支持你大爸 |
[09:17] | If your dad makes a joke, you will laugh. | 假如他说了笑话 你就要笑 |
[09:19] | If he makes a speech, you will what? Applaud. | 他演讲后你怎么做 鼓掌 |
[09:21] | Right. I-I-I’m gonna go find my seat. | 好吧 我得去找我的座位了 |
[09:23] | But it was great catching up with you, Claire. | 但和你叙旧真开心 克莱尔 |
[09:28] | No one would blame you if you mentioned you had a daughter | 提一嘴我们女儿今天要从加州理工毕业 |
[09:30] | graduating from Caltech today. | 谁也不会责怪你的 |
[09:32] | Honey, the moment has passed. | 亲爱的 错过时机了 |
[09:34] | I’d need a pretty good reason to just go waltzing over there — | 我得有个好理由才能不经意地过去 |
[09:38] | – She dropped her program! – Yes! | -她的流程单掉了 -太好了 |
[09:40] | Hey, Claire, you know how you’re my go-to gal — | 克莱尔 你知道我有事会第一个找你商量 |
[09:42] | – Busy. – Hey, Phil. | -我很忙 -菲尔 |
[09:43] | You know how you’re my go-to guy on stuff? | 你知道我有事会第一个找你商量 |
[09:47] | I suppose against all odds, we’ve become best friends. | 看来我们战胜所有不可能成为了挚友 |
[09:49] | Sure. | 是啊 |
[09:50] | So, apparently, some of the students are angry | 很明显 由我来做毕业演讲 |
[09:53] | that I’m giving the commencement address. | 让一些学生很生气 |
[09:55] | Why? | 为什么 |
[09:56] | Who knows why their sick minds do anything? | 谁知道他们扭曲的脑子是怎么想的 |
[09:58] | Gotta say though, it feels good to be hating hippies again. | 不过我得说 能再次憎恨嬉皮士感觉很好 |
[10:01] | Anyway, would you mind giving this place a sweep? | 总之 你能不能帮我巡视一下这地方 |
[10:03] | See if you notice something suspicious. | 看看有没有什么可疑的 |
[10:05] | Consider it done. | 这就办好 |
[10:08] | Hey. What do you got there? | 你们把什么藏起来了 |
[10:09] | You kids got something under those robes you want to show me? | 让我看看你们的袍子下藏着什么 |
[10:13] | Manny, you passed the cuts, | 曼尼 你没被裁掉 |
[10:15] | so why aren’t you in a better mood? | 为什么心情还这么不好 |
[10:19] | You bribed my dean to get me past the cut, didn’t you? | 你贿赂了我的院长让我通过的 是不是 |
[10:22] | I would never do something like that. | 我永远不会做那种事 |
[10:25] | Oh, bravo! | 真厉害 |
[10:26] | If Lisa Wagner pulled out that performance, | 假如丽莎·瓦格纳有你演技这么好 |
[10:28] | maybe she wouldn’t be driving back to her parents’ house | 也许她就不会带着装满手工木偶的卡车 |
[10:30] | with a trunk full of handmade puppets | 和突然迷茫的未来 |
[10:32] | and a suddenly very uncertain future. | 开车回到父母家了 |
[10:34] | I didn’t bribe anyone. | 我才没有贿赂谁 |
[10:35] | I don’t know why you’re talking such crazy things. | 我也不知道你怎么会问这种问题 |
[10:37] | Because I saw you bribe Sensei Ron. | 因为我看见你贿赂罗恩老师了 |
[10:40] | Wait. | 等等 |
[10:41] | You bribed Sensei Ron?! | 你贿赂罗恩老师了 |
[10:43] | So this is just a lie?! | 所以这一切都是个谎言 |
[10:45] | Are there others? | 还有别的谁吗 |
[10:47] | Who the hell even am I?! | 我到底算什么人啊 |
[11:02] | Oh, my God! | 我的天 |
[11:06] | Nice try, kemosabes. | 想跑可没门 小朋友 |
[11:21] | Ash. I think you left your program. | 艾希 你节目单掉了 |
[11:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:25] | Wow, it’s wild to think | 想想这些孩子最后 |
[11:26] | where all these kids are gonna end up, right? | 光明的前途 真是感慨万千啊 是吧 |
[11:28] | I mean, there’s so many great schools. | 我说 有那么多好学校 |
[11:30] | In fact, our — | 其实 我们的 |
[11:32] | Is something wrong? | 你还好吗 |
[11:35] | Our daughter joined ISIS. | 我们女儿加入恐怖组织了 |
[11:38] | The government said she’s not an American anymore. | 美国政府不承认她的公民身份了 |
[11:40] | There’s a van always parked in front of our house. | 现在我们家门前总是停着一辆货车 |
[11:43] | Oh, God. I’m so sorry — | 天啊 我很难过 |
[11:44] | Did Claire tell you our daughter’s a genius? | 克莱尔有没有说我们的女儿是个天才呀 |
[11:48] | …and so, graduates, look to your left | 那么接下来 毕业生们 看看你们的左边 |
[11:50] | and to your right. | 再看看右边 |
[11:52] | It’s a simple key chain with a tiny cowboy hat charm on it. | 我丢了个小牛仔帽装饰的简洁大方的钥匙链 |
[11:55] | If you see it, please pass it forward. | 谁捡到了 请传上来 |
[11:56] | All right, and now on to our commencement speaker. | 好了 现在有请我们的毕业演讲嘉宾 |
[11:59] | He is a pillar of the community, | 他是社会的栋梁 |
[12:01] | an entrepreneur and closeteer — Mr. Jay Pritchett. | 企业家 行业巨头 杰·普里契特先生 |
[12:07] | Commencement. | 毕业典礼 |
[12:09] | “C” for “Courage,” | “C”代表着”勇气” |
[12:11] | “O” for “Opportunity,” | “O”代表着”机遇” |
[12:13] | the first “M” — | 第一个”M” |
[12:19] | Disaster had struck. | 灾难来临了 |
[12:20] | But did I panic? | 但是我慌了吗 |
[12:22] | No. | 没有 |
[12:23] | No one chooses to be a wartime principal. | 没人主动选择成为战时的校长 |
[12:25] | But we’re the ones history remembers. | 但我们终将被历史所铭记 |
[12:28] | Pick one, they all said — | 二选其一 他们都说 |
[12:30] | closets or blinds. | 壁橱还是百叶窗 |
[12:33] | Mitchell, he’s tanking my graduation. | 米奇尔 这要毁了毕业典礼的 |
[12:35] | I’m cutting him off and moving right to the in-memoriam section. | 我打算跳过他 直接进入怀念校友环节 |
[12:37] | Well, that would be less depressing. | 那听起来真是令人”愉快”啊 |
[12:39] | Yeah, the problem is, the band just walked out in solidarity. | 是是 问题是乐队的人刚刚走得一个不剩了 |
[12:41] | – Here. – W-What? | -给你 -干什么 |
[12:43] | Mitchell, you can’t have an in memoriam without music. | 米奇尔 纪念仪式不能没有音乐 |
[12:46] | That’s just a bummer. | 那太扫兴了 |
[12:48] | Take it! | 拿着 |
[12:49] | Hoot all you want, but that Brylcreem kid was me! | 你们爱怎么咕咕叫怎么叫 反正我最后成功了 |
[12:52] | Yes, hi, thank you. | 是的 谢谢你 |
[12:53] | Thank you, Jay Pritchett, everyone! | 谢谢你 杰·普里契特 大家鼓掌 |
[12:55] | Wow, I don’t know about you, but I feel like | 我不知道你们什么感觉 不过我觉得 |
[12:56] | getting out there and taking on the world, huh? | 自己视野大开 要走向世界了啊 |
[12:59] | And now, let’s remember | 现在 让我们铭记 |
[13:00] | those Dolphins we lost this year. | 今年我们失去的那些友人 |
[13:03] | Mitchell, play something. Play anything. | 米奇尔 快吹起来 什么都行 |
[13:05] | Something with the most gravitas. | 吹点特别庄重特别深沉的 |
[13:08] | You know, for a person who last touched a trumpet two years ago, | 你知道吗 我这么一个两年没碰过小号的人 |
[13:13] | I think I sounded pretty good. | 吹得还挺好的 |
[13:25] | I’m done. I’m done. | 吹完了 吹完了 |
[13:27] | All right! | 好了 |
[13:27] | That is a lot of deceased for one year. | 这一年逝去的人真是多啊 |
[13:30] | We should probably have the police check into that. | 我们可能要报给警察调查一下了 |
[13:33] | And now, before, uh, passing out diplomas, | 现在 在授予学位证书之前 |
[13:35] | I would like to make sort of a — | 我想为毕业班的同学 |
[13:37] | a personal gesture to this graduating class. | 致以一些个人的表示 |
[13:40] | As these balloons fill the sky, know that each one of them | 当气球飞向天空 你们会发现每一个 |
[13:43] | represents a student who has personally inspired me | 都代表着一个亲身鼓舞了我 |
[13:47] | and filled me with hope for a better tomorrow. | 让我对未来充满美好希望的学生 |
[13:57] | What? | 什么情况 |
[14:01] | Acting Principal! | 代理校长 |
[14:03] | Protesters hacked into our sprinkler system. | 抗议者们黑进了我们的洒水系统 |
[14:05] | It’s set to go off in five minutes. | 五分钟之后就要启动了 |
[14:06] | We have to postpone the graduation. | 我们得推迟毕业典礼 |
[14:07] | And miss my chance of becoming principal? | 然后错过我成为校长的机会吗 |
[14:09] | Not a chance! | 没门 |
[14:10] | Well, no one can read 400 names in five minutes. | 但是没人能在五分钟之内念完四百个名字 |
[14:11] | Oh, really? | 是吗 |
[14:13] | All that training, all those parties missed, | 所有训练 所有错过的派对 |
[14:15] | all those auctions attended | 所有那些参加过的拍卖会 |
[14:17] | were for this moment right here, right now. | 都是为了此时此刻 |
[14:18] | Students, hi! When you hear your name, | 同学们 你们好 当你们听到你们名字的时候 |
[14:20] | please proceed to the stage and grab your diploma. | 请走上台来 拿走你们的学位证书 |
[14:24] | Nelly Abrishami, Allison Acosta, | 奈莉·阿布瑞莎米 艾莉森·阿科斯塔 |
[14:25] | Frieda Alafary, Scott “The Skunk” Albanese, | 弗里达·阿拉法利 斯科特·”讨厌鬼”·阿尔巴内塞 |
[14:28] | Jessica Alenick, Richard Thompson Allen, | 杰西卡·埃伦尼克 理查德·汤普森·艾伦 |
[14:29] | Lavaria Aminu, Larry Annecone, | 拉瓦利亚·阿米努 拉里·阿纳科恩 |
[14:31] | Darla Arleto, Daniel Dey Aronson… | 达拉·阿尔勒特 丹尼尔·戴伊·阿伦森 |
[14:33] | I was gonna make it! | 我本来可以念完的 |
[14:34] | And then… | 然后 |
[14:36] | I hit the Polish names. | 我遇到了波兰名字 |
[14:38] | Czeslaw Wlodaryzack-ck-kowsky. | 切斯沃夫·沃拉德瑞扎克科沃斯基 |
[14:42] | Wladyslaw Wlod… | 沃洛迪斯劳·沃劳德 |
[14:44] | nisky? Yeah. | 尼斯基 对 |
[14:47] | Myra Zarinsky — | 迈拉·扎林斯基 |
[14:52] | OK, all right, all right | 好了 快撤快撤 |
[14:55] | Okay, if we steer clear of Dad and Cam, we’ve got a chance | 如果我们离爸爸和小卡远一点 可能还有机会 |
[14:58] | of blending into the mob when they turn violent. | 在这堆暴民动武的时候混进他们人群不被打 |
[15:00] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么情况 |
[15:01] | Okay, well, apparently, when those owls | 是这样的 显然 为猫头鹰抗议的人 |
[15:03] | hacked into the sprinkler system, it was school-wide. | 黑进洒水系统 是影响全校区的 |
[15:05] | They’re not letting anyone into the parking structure. | 他们不让任何人进停车场 |
[15:07] | Oh, no! | 不是吧 |
[15:08] | I hope this doesn’t mean we’re gonna have to miss | 我希望这不会让我们错过 |
[15:10] | the second graduation of the day. | 今天的第二个毕业典礼 |
[15:14] | How lucky is that? | 运气真好 |
[15:16] | Me cruising by with an Uber fare right when you called. | 我正拉着优步订单 你们就打过电话来了 |
[15:19] | – So lucky. Very lucky. – Very good. | -幸运幸运 -真好 |
[15:21] | Well, this is you, Gerald. | 你到了 杰拉尔德 |
[15:25] | Let’s have today be the day | 希望今天开始你能 |
[15:27] | you stop playing for your dad | 不再是为了你父亲演奏 |
[15:28] | and start playing for Gerald. | 而是为自己演奏 |
[15:30] | That — That kind of reminds me — | 话说 这提醒了我 |
[15:31] | I’m sorry I lied about the trumpet lessons. | 对不起 我骗你说自己上了小号课 |
[15:34] | Oh, please. Not the worst part of my day. | 没事 这才不是我今天最倒霉的部分 |
[15:35] | I’m realizing now that Principal Brown set me up to fail. | 我现在想明白了布朗校长是故意坑我让我失败 |
[15:37] | There was no car crash, | 根本没有什么车祸 |
[15:39] | just like there was no moon landing. | 跟登月一样都是骗人的 |
[15:40] | – Cam – Flags can’t wave in space, Mitchell. | -小卡 -太空里旗帜是不会飘扬的 米奇尔 |
[15:42] | Hey, hey, hey, I was humiliated much worse than you. | 好了好了 我被羞辱得比你们都过分 |
[15:44] | It was so unfair. | 太不公平了 |
[15:45] | A lifetime of service out the window. | 兢兢业业一辈子最后无人赞誉 |
[15:47] | You think I don’t see the faces of owls | 你们以为我每晚闭上眼睛 |
[15:49] | every night I close my eyes? | 不会看到那些猫头鹰的脸吗 |
[15:52] | At least you’ve accomplished something they can tear down. | 至少你有大家心服口服的成就 |
[15:54] | I’m a fraud! | 我是个骗子 |
[15:56] | You see what you did to your brother? | 你看到你对你弟弟做了什么吗 |
[15:57] | Look at those sad, hurt eyes. | 看那难过又受伤的大眼睛 |
[16:00] | Like a sad little owl. | 就像难过的小猫头鹰 |
[16:01] | Well, maybe if you believed in your sons | 也许要是你相信自己的儿子 |
[16:02] | instead of giving everyone Colombian handshakes. | 而不是跟每个人都来哥伦比亚式握手 |
[16:04] | What?! | 什么 |
[16:05] | I’ve never sanded down a man’s fingers | 我可从来没有当着哪个男人家室的面 |
[16:07] | in front of his family! | 跟他亲密握手 |
[16:10] | Oh, you mean the bribes? | 你是说贿赂的事啊 |
[16:12] | You can’t deny it anymore. | 你没法否认了 |
[16:13] | Look at this photo on my dean’s Instagram. | 看我们院长发出来的照片 |
[16:15] | He’s wearing the same watch you gave Sensei Ron. | 他戴着的表跟你给罗恩老师的一模一样 |
[16:17] | The superintendent was wearing that same watch. | 地区教育局长也戴着一样的表 |
[16:19] | I-I noticed it when he shook my hand at the end of the ceremony | 典礼结束后他跟我握手 |
[16:21] | and said I was a “Horrifying disgrace.” | 他说我”滑天下之大稽”时 我有注意到 |
[16:23] | You bribed him?! | 你贿赂他了吗 |
[16:24] | Is that how I got my speech? | 是因为这样我才有资格演说的吗 |
[16:27] | Okay, enough! | 好了 够了 |
[16:28] | I’m sure you would have gotten all these things on your own, | 我相信你们凭自己也能做到 |
[16:31] | but the world sometimes is very unfair! | 但世界有时就是那么不公平 |
[16:35] | And the watches are like an insurance. | 那些手表只是以防万一啦 |
[16:37] | Why do you even have so many? | 你为什么会有那么多啊 |
[16:38] | Sometimes I do a little bit of Ambien shopping | 有时候我吃安眠药后会梦游网购 |
[16:41] | and I buy too much of one thing. | 然后把同样的东西买一堆 |
[16:43] | Didn’t you all wonder | 难道你们圣诞节 |
[16:45] | when you got the same fun socks for Christmas? | 收到一样的有趣袜子时没想过这事吗 |
[16:47] | – Oh, samesies. – I’ll be damned! | -一样的耶 -我了个去 |
[16:49] | – I don’t have those. – They’re fun! | -我怎么没收到 -可有趣了 |
[16:50] | I’m sorry, okay? | 对不起 是我不好 |
[16:51] | But I love you guys so much | 但我太爱你们了 |
[16:53] | to leave your dreams to chance. | 我不想把你们的愿望交给命运来安排 |
[16:56] | I suppose where you grew up, | 我想在你长大的故乡 |
[16:57] | bending the rules was just a part of life. | 钻漏洞也是生存的一部分 |
[16:59] | It’s what you had to do to get by. | 你必须得这样才能活下去 |
[17:01] | Why wouldn’t you do that to help the people you love? | 你又怎么会不拿来帮忙你爱的人呢 |
[17:04] | Thank you, Manny. | 谢谢你 曼尼 |
[17:05] | You’re not welcome. That’s not how I feel. | 你谢什么啊 我才不是那么觉得呢 |
[17:06] | I-It’s a speech from a play I was in. | 这是我演出的剧的台词 |
[17:08] | Right after that line, | 在我说完刚才的台词后 |
[17:09] | I light up a cigarette and put my clothes back on. | 我点事后烟然后重新穿上我的衣服 |
[17:11] | Yeah, I’m good, but… | 我是没事啦 但是… |
[17:12] | now I’ll never know if that’s why I made the cut. | 我现在不知道我到底是不是凭实力了 |
[17:14] | Okay, stop. Look. | 好了 别这样 听我说 |
[17:16] | We’ve all had a terrible day today — | 大家今天都过了很惨的一天 |
[17:17] | Not me. | 我没有啊 |
[17:18] | Tons of great fares, amazing yoga class — | 拉的客人都是大单 超赞的瑜伽课 |
[17:20] | I-I was building to something, buddy. | 我这边在酝酿一个点呢 兄弟 |
[17:22] | But that’s one of the great things about being in a family. | 但是大家庭有这么一个好处 |
[17:24] | We get to share in each other’s victories. | 我们能分享其他人的胜利荣光 |
[17:26] | And Alex has a huge victory today | 而艾丽克斯今天有一场大胜利 |
[17:28] | that can make us all feel better. | 能让我们大家都感觉好受 |
[17:29] | So let’s… | 所以我们… |
[17:30] | turn around this crap day with a nice, feel-good — | 把这糟糕的一天转亏为盈 感觉美… |
[17:33] | Hey, is that Alex? | 那是艾丽克斯吗 |
[17:35] | Oh, my God. Pull over! | 天啊 停车 |
[17:36] | Back up! | 停 |
[17:40] | Alex! Honey, what happened? Are you okay? | 艾丽克斯 亲爱的 怎么了 你还好吗 |
[17:43] | What day is it? | 今天周几 |
[17:44] | Not that time is anything but a flat circle. | 无所谓 反正时间根本不会循环 |
[17:48] | So…we were done with classes, done with finals, | 我们课都结束了 期末考也考完了 |
[17:51] | and, like college seniors since the beginning of time, | 就跟史上所有大四生一样 |
[17:54] | we decided to get a little nuts. | 我们也决定来疯狂一把 |
[17:56] | Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug! | 查格[干杯] 查格 查格 查格 查格 |
[17:59] | Our classmate Ashish Chug… | 我们的同学阿施施·查格 |
[18:00] | I did it! | 成功啦[喝完啦] |
[18:01] | …hacked his key card to get us access | 黑进了我们的出入证 |
[18:03] | to the restricted section of the library. | 往里面加了进出图书馆限制区域的权限 |
[18:06] | We decided to read Alister’s Last Theorem. | 我们决定去读阿利斯特最后定理 |
[18:08] | Gottlob Alister wrote a proof showing that zero equals 1. | 哥特罗布·阿利斯特写出了0=1的证明 |
[18:12] | This rendered mathematics meaningless | 这代表数学是无意义的 |
[18:14] | and drove him insane. | 并且害他发了疯 |
[18:16] | According to legend, the same fate befalls anyone | 根据传说 同样的命运降临在了 |
[18:18] | who reads and understands the proof. | 每一个阅读并能理解他证明的人身上 |
[18:21] | Good God. | 天啊 |
[18:29] | If mathematics doesn’t matter, | 如果数学没有意义 |
[18:30] | then no one can be certain of anything, | 那大家再也没有任何确定的事物了 |
[18:32] | and I’ve just wasted the last four — | 而我浪费了我过去4… |
[18:33] | no, 16 years of my life, | 不对 是过去16年的人生 |
[18:35] | and there’s no point in me graduating! | 我毕业不毕业根本无所谓啊 |
[18:37] | Okay, I can tell that you’re very upset, | 我看得出来你非常不开心 |
[18:39] | and you’re probably really overtired from finals. | 你还可能因为期末考而累过头 |
[18:42] | But you are gonna regret it if you don’t go to graduation. | 但如果你不去参加毕业典礼 会后悔一生 |
[18:44] | Look, I promise — whatever is bothering you, | 我跟你保证 无论你现在有什么烦心事 |
[18:46] | figure it out after the ceremony — | 在典礼之后就会想通 |
[18:48] | – After?! – Yes. | -之后吗 -是啊 |
[18:49] | “After” implies “before”! | 有”之后”就意味着有”之前” |
[18:51] | But if one minute ago is the same as zero minutes ago, | 但如果1分钟之前等于0分钟之前 |
[18:53] | then before is now and now is after! | 那之前就是现在 而现在就是之后 |
[18:55] | Usually when I hear people talking like this, | 我通常听到这种对白 |
[18:57] | we’re walking through a Taco Bell drive-through. | 都是在听到别人点餐在催上菜的时候 |
[18:59] | Sweetie, half your life is having your mind blown. | 亲爱的 你有一半的人生都在被事物所震撼 |
[19:02] | I remember when I heard there were more stars in the galaxy | 我还记得我第一次听到原来银河系中的星星 |
[19:04] | than grains of rice in a box of Uncle Ben’s. | 比一盒即时米饭里的米还多时的样子 |
[19:06] | No, there are more galaxies | 不是的 是宇宙中的星系总数 |
[19:08] | than grains of sand on all the world’s beaches. | 比世界上所有海滩中的沙加起来还多 |
[19:12] | Okay, I can’t lose ’em both! | 我不能一下失去他们两个 |
[19:13] | – I got this! Alex… – Somebody? | -我来 艾丽克斯 -谁快来啊 |
[19:15] | “I never knew true strength until –“ | “我一直不知何为真正的力量 直到…” |
[19:17] | “I met a man with no feet.” | “我遇到一个没有脚的人” |
[19:19] | Wait. No. These cards are not in order. | 等等 不是 这些卡没按照顺序摆 |
[19:21] | Wait. Nobody help her right now — | 等等 你们不许跟我抢 |
[19:22] | Alex, you’re a smart, confident girl. | 艾丽克斯 你是个聪明又自信的女孩 |
[19:26] | I know that you’re gonna make the right decision. | 我知道你会做出正确的决定 |
[19:28] | Did you just put this watch on me? | 你刚把这表戴我手上了吗 |
[19:31] | I have a problem. | 我有病得治啊 |
[19:32] | I say if Alex doesn’t want to go to her graduation, | 我觉得如果艾丽克斯不想参加毕业典礼 |
[19:34] | that’s her decision. | 那她自己决定了就好 |
[19:36] | Thank you, Luke. | 谢谢你 卢克 |
[19:37] | As long as you know | 只要你知道 |
[19:38] | that whatever’s going on here isn’t about math. | 现在其实根本不是数学的问题就行 |
[19:40] | Yeah, I think maybe you’re afraid to leave school. | 我觉得你只是在害怕离开校园 |
[19:43] | – What? – Your whole life, | -什么 -你这辈子 |
[19:45] | you’ve always known exactly what you’re supposed to do — | 从小就知道你该做什么 |
[19:48] | study, get good grades, repeat. | 学习 得高分 反复 |
[19:50] | Now that’s over, and it’s scary. | 现在这要结束了 令你感到害怕 |
[19:52] | Kind of like if zero equalled 1. | 有点像是0=1 |
[19:55] | But lucky for you, your dummy brother and sister | 但你很幸运 你的傻子姐姐跟弟弟 |
[19:58] | have spent time in the real world. | 在现实社会中都摸爬滚打过了 |
[19:59] | And if we can handle it, you’re gonna do just fine. | 如果我们都能站稳脚跟 你肯定没问题 |
[20:03] | You think? | 真的吗 |
[20:04] | Trust us. | 相信我们 |
[20:06] | Come on. Let’s go get you graduated. | 走啦 我们带你去毕业典礼吧 |
[20:09] | Oh, hold on. That door gets jammed. | 等等 那个门总卡住 |
[20:11] | I have to open it from the inside. | 我得从里面打开 |
[20:12] | I got it! | 我来开 |
[20:16] | Legend Danner. | 莱亨德·丹拿 |
[20:19] | I still can’t get over that commencement speech. | 致辞的事情我现在还是过不去 |
[20:21] | Not a single laugh. | 完全没人笑啊 |
[20:23] | I’ll tell you one element he didn’t discover — hilarium. | 我告诉你他没发现什么元素吧 “笑”素 |
[20:26] | Alex Dunphy. | 艾丽克斯·邓菲 |
[20:28] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[20:33] | We don’t want to brag, but, uh… | 我们也不想炫耀 但是… |
[20:35] | Our kids did that. | 是我们的孩子们促成的 |
[20:38] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[20:46] | No! No more watches. | 别 别又是手表啊 |
[20:48] | When did I order these ones? | 我什么时候买的这些啊 |
[20:50] | Hey mom, guess what? | 妈 你猜怎么着 |
[20:54] | What? Papi. | 怎么啦 小宝贝 |
[20:55] | My friend Carly got cut from my program, | 我朋友卡莉被踢出专业了 |
[20:57] | and her dad’s funded our new costume department. | 她老爸最近还刚给戏服部门捐钱呢 |
[21:00] | I guess bribes don’t work. | 看来贿赂是没用的 |
[21:01] | I got through all my merit. | 全是凭我的本事 |
[21:03] | – Yeah!. – That calls for a reward. | -是啊 -这种时候就该奖赏自己 |
[21:06] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[21:07] | Manny, please don’t tell Jay. | 曼尼 求你别告诉杰 |
[21:10] | Oatmeal raisin? You know what? | 燕麦葡萄干味啊 你知道吗 |
[21:12] | A true artist doesn’t close themselve off to new experiences. | 真正的艺术家不会阻止自己尝试新体验 |
[21:16] | Even vile illlevan cookies. | 哪怕是看起来再不妙的饼干… |
[21:18] | That’s the path I’ve chosen. | 这就是我所选择的人生道路 |
[21:19] | To experiences and observe everything | 尽量去体验并观察人事物 |
[21:22] | in this beautiful pageant we called life. | 一起在这名为人生的美丽盛会上狂舞 |