时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Sidney, where are you going? | Sidney你去哪里? |
[00:03] | Oh, I didn’t tell you? I have a lecture. | 我没告诉你吗?我要去做个讲座 |
[00:05] | Another lecture? | 又有讲座啊?他们想要偷师 |
[00:07] | Gonna have you on the faculty. | |
[00:09] | I don’t mind. It’s good to give back. | 我不介意 反馈给学校也不错嘛 |
[00:11] | You don’t owe them anything. | 你没有欠他们任何东西 |
[00:13] | Just gave them a half-million dollars last year. | 你去年还给了他们50万美金 |
[00:15] | That’s just writing a check. | 只不过写一张支票而已 |
[00:16] | I won’t be late. I’ll try not to wake you. | 我不会太晚的 尽量不吵醒你 |
[00:18] | You can wake me. | 你可以叫醒我 |
[00:22] | Good night, Maria. | 晚安 Maria |
[00:27] | – Good night, Carolyn. – Have a pleasant evening, sir. | – 晚上好 Caroline – 希望你有一个愉快的夜晚先生 |
[00:30] | Mrs. Danvers. | Danvers太太 |
[00:32] | Good evening, sir. We all set? | 晚上好先生 我们一起走吗? |
[00:34] | Yeah, I think I’ll drive myself tonight. | 我想今晚自己驾车去 |
[00:36] | – You want the Volvo? – No, I think I’ll take the Ford. | 你要开VOLVO吗? 不 我开FORD |
[00:38] | – I’ll bring it around. – Thank you. | – 我把它开过来 – 谢谢 |
[01:28] | – So what did you think? | |
[01:30] | Oh, I hate to go first. | 那你怎么想 |
[01:32] | Tell me what you thought. | – 告诉我 你觉得这部电影怎么样 – 我喜欢 |
[01:33] | – I liked it. – I liked it too. | – 告诉我 你觉得这部电影怎么样 – 我喜欢 |
[01:35] | I really liked that actress. | 我也喜欢 |
[01:36] | What was her name again? | – 我真的很喜欢那个女主角 |
[01:38] | Uh, Jean something. | 她叫什么名字? – Jenny什么的 |
[01:42] | Okay, where’s my car? | – 好吧 |
[01:43] | I think it’s over there. | 我的车在哪里? – 就在那边 |
[01:45] | – Gimme your wallet! – Ah! | – 把你的钱包给我 快 |
[01:46] | Now! | – 噢 我的天哪 |
[01:47] | Okay, everything’s cool. | 好 什么都没问题 |
[01:49] | Don’t be a hero. | 别扮英雄 |
[01:55] | Hey, what are you… | 嘿你干嘛? |
[03:56] | Do you have any idea how hard it is | 你知道当一个单亲母亲是多么辛苦吗? |
[03:58] | to be a single parent? | |
[03:59] | Um, no. | 噢 不知道 |
[04:01] | My paycheck bounced, Adrian. | 我的薪水支票被银行退了回来 Adrian |
[04:04] | The lamp. | – 我的灯 |
[04:06] | What are you gonna do about it? | – 你打算怎么办? |
[04:07] | Just have to sweep it up. | 我想我必须打扫干净 |
[04:09] | No, I am talking about the money! | 不 我说的是钱的问题 |
[04:12] | I thought Leo Otterman paid us. | – 我以为Leo会付钱给我们 |
[04:13] | He gave me an I.O.U. He said he was a little short. | – 他给我写了张欠条 他手头有点紧 |
[04:16] | No n-n-no. | 不 不 不 |
[04:17] | Leo Otterman is not a little short. | Leo手头才不紧呢 |
[04:19] | We just recovered one of his Picasso paintings | 他才买了一张毕加索油画 |
[04:22] | that is worth over $2 million. | 值2百万 |
[04:23] | He said he wasn’t liquid or whatever. | 他说他的流动资金不多 |
[04:26] | He had some cash flow thing. | 现金流动有些问题 |
[04:29] | Adrian | Adrian… |
[04:31] | This is a business | 这是做生意 |
[04:33] | with clients and expenses. | 客户得付钱 |
[04:35] | I know money doesn’t matter on planet Monk | 我知道钱对Monk来说无关痛痒 |
[04:37] | but I have a kid that expects three meals a day | 但是我有一个一天吃三顿的孩子 |
[04:40] | and sometimes gets sick. | 有时还会生病 |
[04:43] | If you miss another paycheck, I’m quitting. | 你再不给我薪水我就辞职 |
[04:46] | This is very important, | 这很重要 |
[04:48] | so I’m gonna say it again. | 所以我再说一遍 |
[04:50] | If you miss one more paycheck, | 如果你的支票再无法兑现我就辞职 |
[04:53] | I’m quitting. | |
[04:54] | Would you hold that? | 你能拿一下么? |
[04:58] | Hello? | – 你好 – 最好是有活干了 |
[04:59] | Better be a job. | – 你好 – 最好是有活干了 |
[05:05] | Now don’t give in, okay? | 现在不能让步 |
[05:08] | A 10% raise isn’t asking for too much. | 行不? 提高10%并不是过分要求 |
[05:10] | You’re right. | You’re right. 没错没错 |
[05:12] | 10%, you can’t argue with that. | 10%?他们不会同意的 |
[05:14] | And don’t solve anything until they agree. | 那他们同意之前什么也别干 |
[05:16] | As soon as you tell ’em who did it, | 你一告诉他们谁干的 |
[05:18] | we lose our leverage. | 我们就失去作用了 |
[05:19] | You’re right. | You’re right… Captain! 没错没错 队长 |
[05:22] | I see the circus is in town. | 我看到马戏团在城里 是的 |
[05:23] | Oh, yeah. | 情况会更糟 |
[05:25] | It’s gonna get a lot worse. | |
[05:26] | Captain, Adrian wants to talk to you about our fee. | 队长 – |
[05:28] | That the shooter? | Adrian想跟你谈谈我们的薪金 – 是那个人开抢的? |
[05:30] | Yeah, Archie Modine. | 是的 Archie Modine |
[05:31] | He’s an ex-cop. | 他以前是个警官 |
[05:32] | He was second lieutenant in Palo Alto. | 在巴罗艾托 是个中尉 |
[05:34] | I already checked him out. He’s a straight-up good cop. | 已经查过了 他是个好警察 |
[05:37] | Now he’s the head of security at CK Pharmaceuticals. | 现在他是个保安 |
[05:39] | Uh, captain, about our fee… | 队长? |
[05:41] | – Sharona. – We wanna talk… | – 我们的薪金我想 |
[05:43] | Sharona, please. Walk me through it. | – 我们想谈 – Sharona 不要 跟我讲讲案发经过 |
[05:45] | It’s pretty routine until we get to the punchline. | 其实 说起来是件很普通的案子 |
[05:48] | Modine and his date are walking to their car | Modine和他的女伴正向车子走过去 |
[05:52] | over here. | 就在这里 |
[05:53] | The perp is over here. | 抢劫犯突然持刀跳了出来 |
[05:56] | The perp pops out with a knife. | |
[05:58] | Modine pulls out his piece, .38 caliber… | Modine也拿了枪出来 |
[06:01] | I already called. He’s licensed. | 口径38 我打电话问过他有枪牌的 |
[06:04] | Bang, bang, bang, three in the chest. | 砰砰砰三枪 打在胸部 |
[06:06] | So I just have one question. | 我只有一个问题 |
[06:08] | What am I doing here? | 我在这干嘛? |
[06:09] | Here comes the punchline. | 在现场发现 |
[06:12] | Our perp is Sidney Teal. | 抢劫犯是Sidney Teal |
[06:16] | The computer guy? | 那个电脑神童? |
[06:18] | Get out of town. | – 是吗 |
[06:21] | Take a look. | 不可能 – 来看看 |
[06:27] | That’s what $5 billion looks like. | 看看有50亿家产的人就是这样子的 |
[06:31] | Get out of town! | 该死的 |
[06:33] | What in God’s name was he doing? | 他在干什么? |
[06:36] | I think maybe that this is how he got his kicks. | 我想可能这就是他为什么被枪杀 |
[06:40] | That kind of money can make a person crazy. | 钱太多了会让人疯狂 |
[06:43] | Yeah, I wouldn’t know. | 我也不明白 |
[06:45] | Yeah, right? | 是啊 |
[06:47] | Anyway, that’s my theory. | 要是你有更好的想法我很乐意听 |
[06:49] | If you’ve got a better one, I’d really like to hear it. | |
[06:51] | – Well… – No, no. | – 嗯 – 不行不行 |
[06:53] | Captain, we can’t start working until we talk about our fee. | 队长 在商量好薪金之前我们不会开始工作 |
[06:57] | Sharona, could you give me a second here? | 你可以先等等吗? |
[07:01] | You know this is insane. | – 你知道这样很蠢 – 是啊这很疯狂 |
[07:03] | Yeah, it’s crazy. It gets crazier. | 还有更疯狂的 过来看看 |
[07:04] | Check this out. | 还有更疯狂的 过来看看 |
[07:08] | – Guy’s wearing knee pads. – Knee pads? | – 这人穿着护膝 – 护膝? |
[07:10] | Yeah, and he’s got elbow pads. | – 他还穿着护肘呢 |
[07:12] | Was he planning on going rollerblading after? | – 他打算一会儿去溜冰吗? |
[07:15] | – Coming out of the theater… – I live right up there. | – 我刚好就住在那儿 |
[07:18] | Sir, excuse me. Just step back. Thank you. | – 先生先生麻烦站在一边 |
[07:20] | So you were coming out of the theater and heading towards your car? | 好的 所以你当时离开了戏院走去开车? |
[07:22] | That’s right. | 对啊我拿了钥匙出来 |
[07:23] | I had my keys out which now I can’t find. | 但我现在找不到了 |
[07:25] | – Excuse me, sir. | |
[07:27] | Are these yours? | 打扰了先生 这是你的吗? |
[07:29] | Yeah. | – 是的 |
[07:30] | That’s great, thanks. I appreciate it. | 太好了 谢谢 非常感谢 |
[07:32] | Mr. Modine, what happened next? | Modine先生 后来呢? |
[07:34] | He came at me with a knife and he said something. | 他拿着刀子向我走过来 |
[07:37] | He said, “Don’t be a hero.” | 然后说了点什么 – |
[07:39] | Don’t be a hero? | 他说别当英雄 – 别当英雄? |
[07:40] | Yeah. | 是的 总之我拿我的枪开了三下 |
[07:41] | Anyway, I pulled my piece and I got three rounds off. | 总之我拿我的枪开了三下 |
[07:43] | Guess he didn’t realize he was messing with the second lieutenant. | 可能他不知道他打劫的是前警官吧 |
[07:46] | I just live right up here. I saw the whole thing. | 我就住在那儿我看见全过程了 |
[07:48] | That’s exactly what happened. | 跟他说的一样 |
[07:50] | Hey, lieutenant, is that really Sidney Teal? | – 嗨 |
[07:53] | I’m afraid so. | 中尉 真是Sidney吗? |
[07:54] | Jeez. | – 是的 |
[07:55] | $500 a day plus expenses? | 一天500美元 |
[07:58] | Well I think it’s more than fair. | 一大笔开销啊 |
[08:00] | He’s never had a raise. | 价钱从来都没涨过 |
[08:01] | I can’t authorize an increase like this, Sharona. | 我可不敢批准这事 Sharona |
[08:03] | You’re gonna have to take this downtown. | 你得把这些东西拿到市局 |
[08:05] | Talk to Shelly Berger, your pal. | 跟头头们谈 |
[08:06] | Yeah, yeah, that’s right. | 好的 |
[08:08] | We’ll deal with it later. | 我们迟些再谈这个吧 |
[08:10] | Can I say something? | 我有话要说 |
[08:12] | I’d like to file a complaint against one of your cops. | 我想投诉一个警察 |
[08:15] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[08:16] | There was a cop standing right over there | 有个警察站在那儿 |
[08:18] | who saw the entire thing. | 他看到了这整个事情 |
[08:19] | After Archie shot the guy, | 在Archie开枪杀了那个人后 |
[08:21] | the cop just turned and ran away. | 那个警察居然跑了 |
[08:23] | – Did you get a badge number? – I’m afraid I didn’t. | – 你看到他的警员号码了吗? – 我没有 |
[08:26] | Captain… | 队长 |
[08:27] | Captain, do you have a policy for a police officer just to flee like that? | 你对警员不负责的逃跑有什么看法? |
[08:30] | I have no comment because it’s ridiculous. | 这很荒谬 我无话可说好吗? |
[08:32] | There is not an officer on this force | 我们没有一个警员会这么做 |
[08:35] | that would run away from the scene of a crime. | 不会从犯罪现场直接跑掉 |
[08:37] | It is inconceivable. | 这很难置信 |
[08:38] | I know what I saw. | 但我亲眼看到他逃跑了 |
[08:40] | He ran away! | |
[08:41] | I saw it too. He ran away. | 我也看到那警员逃跑了 |
[08:42] | Captain, why would an officer flee the scene? | 为什么那警员要逃跑呢 |
[08:45] | Are you covering something up? What’s going on? | 你在隐瞒什么事吗? 什么事呢?队长什么事? |
[08:49] | Speed limit’s 35. | – 时速限制35英里 |
[08:51] | I am going 35. | – 我快到35了 |
[08:52] | – 37 37… 38 now. | |
[08:54] | Why couldn’t you just hold out for the raise? | 现在是38英里了 – 为什么你不等到涨价再说呢? |
[08:56] | I can’t believe you folded like a cheap suit. | 我简直不相信 你像廉价衣服那样的贱卖了 |
[08:58] | Tent… for the record, I folded like a cheap tent. | 账篷 确切地说我更像个廉价的帐篷 |
[09:01] | Did you call Leo otterman? | – 你打电话给Leo了吗? |
[09:02] | I haven’t been able to reach him. | – 我还没找着他呢 |
[09:03] | Yield. The sign says yield. | – 他电话留言老是说请留言 |
[09:05] | Okay, there’s nobody there. | – 那儿没有人 |
[09:08] | I mean you’re the best detective in the free world | 我想说在这个自由的世界里 你是最好的侦探 |
[09:09] | and you can’t find one deadbeat client? | 但是你找不到那些赖帐不还的人? |
[09:11] | What’s that noise? | – 这是什么声音? |
[09:13] | It’s the alternator. | – 是引擎 |
[09:14] | Why don’t you have it fixed? | 为什么不修呢? |
[09:16] | Oh. | 噢 |
[09:18] | Okay, here’s plan B. | 好的 再来B计划 |
[09:21] | We are gonna solve this case as fast as we can, okay? | 我们尽快把这案子破了 好吗? |
[09:24] | A billionaire with too much time on his hands went crazy. | 亿万富翁由于有太闲了 所以疯掉了 |
[09:27] | I don’t know. What about the knee pads? | 我不知道 |
[09:29] | No-no-no-no, forget the knee pads. | – 那么护膝呢 |
[09:31] | A billionaire went crazy and that’s it. | 亿万富翁疯掉了 就是这样 |
[09:33] | We’re gonna take some credit for it this time, | 这次我们能得到荣誉 |
[09:35] | get a little publicity, | 等到公众的注意 |
[09:36] | and then I’m gonna call Sheldon Berger | 然后 |
[09:37] | in the mayor’s office and demand a 10% increase. | 我想打电话到市长办公室 要涨价10% |
[09:45] | Speaking of money… Whoa. | 说到钱 |
[09:48] | We are in the wrong business. | 哇 我们入错行了 |
[09:50] | Not just us. | 不止我们所有人 |
[09:51] | Everybody in the world except this guy | 除了那家伙 |
[09:53] | is in the wrong business. | 大家都入错行了 |
[09:56] | We’re building a guest house in the back yard. | 我们正在整修后院 |
[09:58] | I was supposed to meet with an architect today. | 我今天要见建筑师 |
[10:01] | Do you know what I did instead? | 可是你知道我现在要干什么? |
[10:04] | I made funeral arrangements. | 我去安排出殡 |
[10:07] | I know it’s a terrible time, Mrs. Teal. | 我知道那让你很伤心Teal太太 |
[10:10] | We… | 我们只是有几个问题 |
[10:11] | We just have a couple of questions. | |
[10:14] | Yeah, um, the police think | 嗯 |
[10:17] | that Sidney was having a mid-life crisis. | 警察认为Sidney进入了中年危机 |
[10:19] | That’s true. | 是的 |
[10:20] | It started about a year and a half ago. | 那大概从一年半以前开始的 |
[10:23] | Sidney just changed. | Sidney变了 |
[10:25] | He started trying new things, | 他尝试新鲜的事情 |
[10:27] | crazy things. | 有些疯狂的事情 |
[10:29] | Renting motorcycles, | 摩托车 |
[10:31] | bungee jumping, skydiving. | 蹦极跳伞 |
[10:35] | He said he loved the rush of it. | 他说他喜欢速度的激情 |
[10:37] | He loved the rush? | 他喜欢速度? |
[10:38] | Well I used to say I married Batman. | 我过去常说我嫁给了蝙蝠侠 |
[10:43] | I never imagined in a million years that he’d do anything like this. | 一百万年我也想不出他会做这种事情 |
[10:46] | Robbing someone with a knife. | 持刀抢劫?我不知道他怎么想的 |
[10:49] | I don’t know what he was thinking. | |
[10:51] | Adrian, Adrian, | |
[10:53] | by sister has this same painting on her shower curtain. | 我妹妹在浴帘上也有这样的图案 |
[10:56] | Huh. | 噢 |
[11:01] | And did he go out often… at night, alone? | 他晚上经常独自出去吗? |
[11:05] | The police asked me that same question. | 警察也问过 |
[11:06] | Um, recently | 最近他开始很晚出去 |
[11:09] | he started going out late once or twice a week. | 一周一两次 |
[11:12] | He always had a good excuse. | 他都有正当事由 |
[11:15] | I feel like an idiot really. | 听起来像白痴是吧? |
[11:16] | Why do you think | 你认为他昨晚为什么穿着护膝呢? |
[11:18] | he was wearing knee pads last night? | |
[11:20] | I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[11:23] | Oh, I’m sorry. I must look terrible. | 对不起我看起来太糟糕了吧? |
[11:25] | Oh, no. No-no-no. | 不 不 |
[11:27] | You look fine. | 不 你挺好的 |
[11:29] | Thank you. | – 谢谢 – 我还有一个问题 |
[11:30] | I just have one more question. | – 谢谢 – 我还有一个问题 |
[11:32] | When did your husband start wearing eye glasses? | 你丈夫什么时候开始戴眼镜的? |
[11:34] | About three years ago, I guess. | 三年前吧 |
[11:37] | Why? | 为什么问? |
[11:38] | No reason. | 为什么问? 没有特别原因 |
[11:42] | Why’d you ask about his glasses? | 你为什么问起他的眼镜来了? |
[11:44] | So I could tell which photographs were the most recent. | 那样我可以知道他哪些照片是最近拍的 |
[11:47] | There were about 200 pictures in that room. | 那房间里有二百多张照片 |
[11:49] | They documented everything. | 它们证明了一切 |
[11:50] | And? | 证明了什么? |
[11:52] | No bungee jumping. No skydiving. | 证明了什么? 没有蹦极没有跳伞 |
[11:54] | The most exciting thing Sidney Teal’s done | Sidney这两年做的最刺激的事情是去迪士尼 |
[11:56] | in the last two years is go to Disneyland. | |
[11:58] | Not exactly Batman. | – 不是蝙蝠侠 |
[12:00] | This guy, he was… | – 这家伙? 他是 |
[12:02] | What’s the opposite of Batman? | 蝙蝠侠的死对头 |
[12:04] | You are. | 你才是 |
[12:12] | Damn it, I hate this car! | 该死的我恨这车 |
[12:14] | Damn it! Damn it! | Damn it! 该死 该死 该死 |
[12:16] | Why don’t you try saying “damn it” a few more times? | 你为什么不多说几次该死 |
[12:18] | That might help. | 那可能有用呢 |
[12:20] | And how long have you worked for Mr. Teal? | 你帮Teal先生干活多长时间了? |
[12:23] | Seven years. Who am I talking to? | 七年 你是谁? |
[12:25] | – Oh, I’m not a cop. – I knew that. | – 我不是警察 – 我知道 |
[12:28] | Cops take care of their cars. | 警察保养他们的车子 |
[12:29] | He’s a private consultant. | 他是私人顾问 |
[12:31] | The police call him in whenever they’re stumped. | 警察有困难的时候就找他 |
[12:33] | Oh, yeah? | 真的? |
[12:34] | Well join the club. I’m stumped to. | 真的? 我也加入 我也被难住了 |
[12:36] | – Could you hold that? | |
[12:38] | Excuse me. | 你能帮忙拿着吗 |
[12:39] | Could you hold that for a sec? | 你能拿一会儿吗? |
[12:44] | So do you believe what they’re saying, | 你相信他们说的吗? |
[12:46] | that Mr. Teal had a dark side? | Teal先生 |
[12:49] | A secret life? | 有阴暗的一面 见不得光的生活? |
[12:50] | Mr. Teal didn’t have a life | Teal先生的生活 |
[12:52] | except for his computers. | 除了电脑 还是电脑 |
[12:54] | Boy Scouts used to laugh at him. | 其他男孩子常常嘲笑他 |
[12:55] | You know he didn’t drink, he didn’t smoke. | 你知道他不喝酒也不抽烟 |
[12:58] | He wouldn’t even let me start the car until we both buckled up. | 甚至我们没扣好安全带他都不让我们开车 |
[13:01] | Did he have much of a temper? | 他脾气大吗? |
[13:02] | Hmm, naw. | |
[13:04] | Mr. Teal… he was a pussycat. | 不 Teal先生象猫一样温存 |
[13:06] | Here’s an example. | 举个例子 |
[13:08] | Last year, there was a break-in down the street. | 去年在街尾发生了非法闯入 |
[13:11] | Mr. Teal bought a gun for protection. | Teal先生为了自卫买了把枪 |
[13:14] | Wait a minute. He owned a gun? | – 等一下 他有枪? |
[13:15] | He owned it, but he never used it. | – 有啊 可他从来没用过 |
[13:17] | I drove him to the practice range. | 我带他去练习场 |
[13:19] | He couldn’t even pull the trigger. | 他甚至掰不了扳机只是楞着 |
[13:21] | He just froze up. | |
[13:22] | So, uh… how do you explain last night? | 那你怎么解释昨晚的事? |
[13:27] | Musta been hypnotized, most I could figure out. | 我想他一定是被催眠了 |
[13:29] | That can make sense. | 只有那样才说得通 |
[13:30] | No, you can’t hypnotize someone | 不 |
[13:32] | to do something they wouldn’t ordinarily do. | 你不能催眠其他人做一些他们平时没干的事 |
[13:33] | What about Mrs. Teal? | 那么Teal太太呢?她像猫吗? |
[13:35] | Would you say she was a pussycat? | |
[13:36] | No, she’s more like a tiger. | 不 她更像老虎 |
[13:38] | But I never worked for her. | 但我没有为她工作过 |
[13:40] | I worked for him. She made that clear. | 我是为先生打工的 她知道 |
[13:41] | Look, truth is I’ll be out of a job soon, | 明白吗 现实是我要失业了 |
[13:45] | so if you’re looking for a driver, let me know. | 所以要是你找司机就找我 |
[13:48] | Hey, is he a good boss? | 他是个好老板吗? |
[13:50] | Well, my last paycheck bounced, | 我上次的工钱还没到手 |
[13:52] | I can’t take a vacation | 我没有假期 |
[13:53] | because he can’t live without me, | 因为他不能没有我 |
[13:55] | and two nights ago | 并且前天晚上 |
[13:57] | he called me at 4:00 am because he saw a cockroach. | 他凌晨四点打电话给我 因为他看到有只蟑螂 |
[14:00] | – It was pretty big. – Yeah. | 那个很大只喔 |
[14:03] | Try it now. | 试一下 |
[14:10] | That should be all right for a while. | 能用上一阵子了 |
[14:13] | What do we owe you? | 我们真感谢你 |
[14:15] | You want to thank me? | 你想谢我?查查我老板到底发生了什么事 |
[14:17] | Find out what happened to my boss. | |
[14:19] | You know it’s funny. | 太荒谬了 |
[14:21] | Mr. Teal had it all: | Teal先生拥有一切 |
[14:23] | More money than God, | 有很多钱 |
[14:25] | a beautiful wife, | 有漂亮妻子 |
[14:27] | but he was the loneliest man in the world. | 但他是世界上最寂寞的男人 |
[14:30] | I was the chauffer and I felt sorry for him. | 我是司机 我都为他感到难过 |
[14:33] | You felt sorry for your boss? | 你可怜你老板? |
[14:35] | I can only imagine what that would feel like. | – 我只能想象一下那是什么感觉 |
[14:37] | Get in the car. | – 上车 |
[14:39] | I’m gonna do what I can. | – 我会尽力的 |
[14:41] | Thank you. | – 谢谢你 |
[14:52] | Cap’n. | 队长 |
[14:54] | You just missed the deputy commissioner. | 队长 |
[14:56] | Guess what he wanted to talk about? | 你错过跟委员代表谈话了 猜他说什么? |
[14:57] | Murder rates spiking? | 谋杀率上升?Sidney |
[14:59] | The Sidney Teal investigation? | Teal的案子? |
[15:01] | No, all he wanted to know | 不 |
[15:02] | was what we’re going about the runaway cop. | 他只想知道我们怎么处理那个逃跑的警察 |
[15:04] | “Fraidy cop.” | 懦弱警员 |
[15:07] | Excuse me? | – 什么? |
[15:08] | That’s what they’re calling him. | – 报纸上这么称呼他 |
[15:10] | We sort of pieced together the route he took. | 我们收集了他逃跑路线的资料 |
[15:13] | I don’t know. Okay. | 我不明白 |
[15:17] | After the shooting, three people saw him | 枪击后三个人看到他 |
[15:20] | running west towards the park here. | 向西面跑了是公园的方向 |
[15:22] | And on 19th here, he flagged down a taxi. | 他在19号大街醉醺醺的上了的士 |
[15:26] | – He took a taxi? – Yeah, it gets worse. | – 他坐的士? |
[15:28] | He threw up in the back seat. | – 还有更糟的 他在后排吐了 |
[15:30] | But we did get his blood type from the vomit. | 我们从呕吐物里得出了他的血型 |
[15:33] | The taxi then dropped him off | 他在在吉里街的酒吧那里下了车 |
[15:35] | at a bar up on Geary Street | |
[15:37] | there, | 他坐在那里还哭呢 |
[15:38] | where he sat in a booth at the back, | 他坐在那里还哭呢 |
[15:40] | apparently drinking bourbon and crying. | |
[15:42] | He was crying? Oh, dear lord. | 他哭了 |
[15:44] | About midnight, an older woman in a brown station wagon | 午夜的时候有人看到 |
[15:47] | was seen picking him up, | 一个老女人在车站上扶起他 |
[15:49] | possibly his mother. | 可能是他妈妈 |
[15:52] | He called his mom? | – 他打电话给他妈妈? |
[15:54] | Yeah. | – 是的 |
[15:56] | Well that son of a bitch better hope I don’t find him first. | 这狗东西最好希望我不是第一个找到他的 |
[16:04] | Why don’t you put those um, over there. | 你为什么不把那些花摆到那儿?谢谢 |
[16:07] | Thank you. | |
[16:10] | He certainly had a lot of friends. | 他看起来有很多朋友 |
[16:13] | It’s been overwhelming. | 那当然 |
[16:14] | These are from Bill Gates. | 这些是Bill Gates寄的 |
[16:17] | Those are from the governor. | 那些是政要寄的 |
[16:19] | And look at all these letters. | 看这么多的信 |
[16:22] | Excuse me. What are you doing? | 不好意思 你在干嘛? |
[16:24] | This one was sticking up. | 这枝冒出来了 |
[16:26] | You’ll thank me later. | 你一会儿就会谢谢我了 |
[16:29] | How long have you worked for Mr. Teal? | 你为Teal先生工作多久了? |
[16:32] | I was with him from the beginning, | 最开始的时候 我就跟着他了 |
[16:33] | the very beginning, | 从他在车库里工作的时候 |
[16:35] | when he was working out of his garage. | 就跟着他了 |
[16:38] | He was probably happier there. | 可能那时候他更开心些 |
[16:40] | We only had two phone lines. | 我们只有两条电话线 |
[16:43] | We had to fill all the orders ourselves. | 所有事都得自己动手 |
[16:47] | That’s his autobiography. | 那是他的自传 |
[16:49] | You can have one. | 你可以拿一本 |
[16:51] | Sidney loved signing them for people. | Sidney喜欢为大家在自传上签名 |
[16:54] | Now what are you doing? | 你现在又在干什么? |
[16:56] | I made that one too short, | 那个剪太短了 |
[16:58] | so now I have to cut the others, | 所以我要把其他的剪短 |
[17:00] | make ’em all even. I’m sure you understand. | 把他们弄整齐一点 我想你明白 |
[17:02] | When was the last time you talked to Mr. Teal? | 你最后一次跟Teal先生谈话是什么时候? |
[17:05] | That evening. | 那天晚上他在回家路上打电话给我 |
[17:06] | He called on his way home to ask about Tony Bennett. | 问关于Tony的事 |
[17:09] | Not the singer Tony Bennett? | 那个歌星Tony? |
[17:11] | Mira’s a big fan. | Myra是他的忠实歌迷 |
[17:13] | Sidney was taking her to Vegas to see his show. | Sidney曾经请她去赌城看他的表演 |
[17:15] | He was arranging for Tony Bennett to meet them at the airport. | 他安排Tony在机场见他们 |
[17:18] | Wow, Tony Bennett. | 喔 Tony |
[17:20] | He was going to surprise her. | 他会给她一个惊喜 |
[17:21] | He loved doing that. | 他喜欢这样 |
[17:23] | Mrs. Butterworth, do you have any idea | Butterworth太太 |
[17:26] | what Sidney Teal was doing in that parking lot? | 你知道Sidney去那停车场干什么吗? |
[17:28] | No. | 不 我一直不明白发生了什么事 |
[17:30] | I still can’t believe it happened. | 不 我一直不明白发生了什么事 |
[17:31] | I’m still in denial. | 我还是想不通 |
[17:33] | Mugging somebody for what, maybe $40? | 他去那里干吗 为了四十块钱? |
[17:36] | Well maybe he went crazy. | 也许他疯了 |
[17:38] | Do you think that’s possible, Mr. Monk? | 你觉得有可能吗 Monk先生? |
[17:40] | For a man to be normal one day | 一个人一直都正常 |
[17:42] | and then suddenly go crazy? | 然后突然发疯了? |
[17:43] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:47] | I meant the… | 我是说 |
[17:54] | This is the fifth store, Adrian. | 这是第五间店了 Adrian |
[17:56] | I have a good feeling about this place. | 我挺喜欢这地方 |
[18:01] | Oh, what about this one? | 这个怎么样? |
[18:04] | No, the other one was silver and it swiveled. | 那个是银色的还能转 |
[18:07] | You don’t have to buy the exact same lamp. | – 你不用买一盏一样的灯吧 |
[18:09] | – What do you mean? – You could buy a different lamp. | – 你什么意思? – |
[18:11] | Different lamp? | 你可以买一盏不一样的 – 不一样的? |
[18:12] | Yeah… Adrian, what about this one? | 是啊 Adrian 这盏怎么样? |
[18:14] | This is great. | 这不错啊 |
[18:15] | Yeah, but it’s not silver. The other one was silver. | 这不错啊 是的 但它不是银色的 那个是银色的 |
[18:17] | It’s just a lamp. | 不过是一盏灯 |
[18:18] | If you were blindfolded you wouldn’t know the difference. | 你要是把眼睛蒙起来根本不知道其中的不同 |
[18:20] | If I was blindfolded, why would I need a lamp? | 我要是把眼睛蒙起来还要灯干嘛? |
[18:23] | Okay, that was a bad example. | 好吧 这例子不太好 |
[18:24] | Look, they’re all basically the same. | 但是他们本质是一样的 |
[18:26] | What about this one? This is great. | 这个怎么样?这个挺好 |
[18:28] | But it doesn’t swivel. | 这个不能转 我那个可以转的 |
[18:29] | The other one swiveled. | 这个不能转 我那个可以转的 |
[18:32] | I think you should try something different for a change. | 我想你应该试试不一样的来改变一下 |
[18:35] | Probably don’t even make your stupid lamp anymore. | 他们可能再也不生产你那蠢灯了 |
[18:38] | What do you mean? | – 什么意思? |
[18:39] | Maybe it’s been discontinued. | – 你那灯可能已经停产了 |
[18:42] | Discontinued? | 停产? |
[18:45] | Why don’t you buy a lamp factory and make your own? | 你为什么不买下那个厂来生产你的灯哩? |
[18:47] | It’ll only cost you $500,000 | 只需要50万而已 |
[18:49] | but at least you’d have your precious lamp. | 但至少你可以拥有你那珍贵的灯 |
[18:51] | There it is. | 它在这儿啊 |
[18:53] | This is it. | 就是它 |
[18:55] | You’re buying three? | – 你买三个 |
[18:57] | Two are back-ups. | – 两个后备 |
[19:00] | Why don’t you fill out an application? | 为什么你不填聘用申请? |
[19:03] | Maybe I will. | 我可能会的 |
[19:05] | $95.75. | 95.75元 |
[19:10] | Would you mind? I’ll pay you back. | 你可以吗?我会还你的 |
[19:11] | Where’s your wallet? | 你钱包呢? |
[19:13] | I’m having it, you know, buffed. | 我有钱包 你知道的 软皮的 |
[19:17] | Look at that face. | 哦 看看那张脸 |
[19:18] | There is no way this guy walked on the wild side. | 那人不可能干这事不可能 |
[19:21] | No way. | |
[19:22] | I don’t know. People surprise you. | 不知道 人们总干出出人意料的事情 |
[19:26] | You know, when we were in his office, | 知道不 |
[19:28] | I saw some flowers from his old fraternity, | 我们在他办公室时我见到兄弟会送的花 |
[19:30] | Phi Beta Tau. | |
[19:32] | I used to date a guy from that frat. | 我曾经和一个兄弟会的人约会 |
[19:34] | He was pretty intense. | 他告诉我有两个创办人 |
[19:36] | He told me about two guys who almost died during initiation. | 在创办初期差点死掉 |
[19:40] | There was, like, these secret ceremonies, | 他们好象有些神秘的仪式和奇怪的握手 |
[19:42] | some weird handshakes. | |
[19:45] | Look who I’m talking to about weird handshakes. | – 看我在讲什么奇怪握手 |
[19:47] | Excuse me, it’s declined. | – 不好意思 |
[19:50] | We accept cash. | 卡爆了 我们也收现金的 |
[19:51] | Adrian, this is unacceptable! | Adrian这卡刷爆了 |
[19:53] | It is just unacceptable. | 这卡刷爆了 |
[19:55] | You have to pay me. | 你必须给我工钱 |
[19:58] | Did you try calling Leo Otterman again, huh? | 你有试过再打电话给Leo吗?有吗?有没有? |
[20:01] | Did you? | |
[20:03] | What’s wrong? | 到底怎么了? |
[20:05] | On his keychain, | 他的钥匙链 |
[20:07] | he had an insignia “Phi Beta Tau.” | 他有个兄弟会的徽章 |
[20:10] | What… who did? | 谁? |
[20:11] | The guy… | 那个那个枪伤了Teal先生的人 |
[20:13] | The guy who shot Teal. | 那个那个枪伤了Teal先生的人 |
[20:14] | Archie Modine. | |
[20:16] | They were in the same fraternity. | 他们是同一个兄弟会的 |
[20:18] | – Oh, my God. – What? | 哦 我的天啊 |
[20:20] | They knew each other. | – 什么 |
[20:25] | This was a lot more enjoyable | 我在桌子另一边时 |
[20:27] | when I was on that side of the table. | 更有意思 |
[20:29] | You’re on the right side of the table, Modine. | 哦 你就该坐这边 Modine |
[20:32] | Look, captain, I’m not lawyering up here, am I? | 队长 你看 我并不是为我自己辩护 |
[20:35] | I’m talking to you. | 我在说事实 |
[20:37] | Right, I screwed up. I admitted it. | 我搞砸了 |
[20:38] | Oh, yeah, he screwed up. | 哦 对 他搞砸了 |
[20:42] | I withheld information. | 我隐瞒了一些事 |
[20:44] | I filed a false report. | 我没说实话 |
[20:45] | All right, I… I knew the guy. | 好吧 我认识那个人 |
[20:48] | Yeah, why the hell didn’t you tell us that before? | 是的 为什么你之前不告诉我们? |
[20:51] | I was protecting… | 我在保护一个朋友 |
[20:53] | a friend. | |
[20:55] | Mrs. Teal. | Teal太太 |
[20:57] | That’s right. | 是的 我就是这意思 |
[20:58] | I mean, I just didn’t want to drag her in to all this. | 是的 我就是这意思 我不想把她拖到这些事里 |
[21:01] | You understand that. | 你明白这个的 |
[21:06] | Maybe not. | 或者你没有 |
[21:08] | I just didn’t think anybody would connect us. | 我只是认为没人会怀疑我们 |
[21:10] | I mean, how did you find out? | 你怎么发现这事的? |
[21:12] | We had a little help. | 我们得到了小小的帮助 |
[21:15] | Sidney Teal was two years ahead of me at Cal State. | Sidney Teal两年前 去过卡斯 |
[21:17] | We were in the same frat but I didn’t really know him. | 我们在一个兄弟会 但我真的不是很了解他 |
[21:20] | How’d you meet his wife? | – 你怎么遇到他老婆的? |
[21:22] | Fundraiser for the college, you know? | – 她是兄弟会出资者 |
[21:23] | Sidney was in the spotlight | Sidney是一个很醒目的人 |
[21:25] | but my interest was more in Mira. | 但是我对Myra更有兴趣 |
[21:29] | And as the kids say, we hooked up. | 就像那些孩子们说的 |
[21:31] | It was a fling. | 我们被彼此吸引住了 |
[21:32] | I mean, I hardly remember it. | 闪电般的 我几乎记不起来了 |
[21:34] | But Teal must’ve found out and, you know… | Teal应该已经发觉了 你知道 |
[21:37] | Aw, come on, captain. | 哦得了 队长 |
[21:39] | He came at me with a knife. What would you do? | 他带着刀 你会怎么做? |
[21:43] | Sidney Teal did not suffer a nervous breakdown. | Sidney Teal没有精神崩溃 |
[21:46] | The incident on Harrison place was in fact a crime of passion. | 在哈尔森巷里发生的事 事实上是冲动犯罪 |
[21:50] | We believe that Mr. Teal was in fact | 我们相信Teal先生是想杀死Modine先生 |
[21:53] | trying to murder Mr. Modine, | |
[21:55] | who was linked romantically at one time | 因为他曾经和Teal太太有染 |
[21:57] | with Mr. Teal’s wife, Mira. | |
[21:59] | Over the next ten days | 10天以后 |
[22:00] | the DA’s office is going to decide whether or not | 地方法院的检查官 |
[22:03] | they want to press charges against Mr. Modine | 会决定是否以做假证供的罪名 |
[22:04] | for filing a false report. | 起诉Modine先生 |
[22:06] | Any questions? Pete? | – 还有问题吗? |
[22:07] | Captain, is there any news on “Fraidy Cop”? | – 队长 有关于那个懦弱探员的消息了吗? |
[22:11] | No comment. | 无可奉告 |
[22:12] | Captain, there’s a story in today’s Tribune | 今天报纸有消息说有关部门知道了懦弱探员的身份 |
[22:14] | that says the department knows the identity of “Fraidy Cop” | |
[22:16] | but is refusing to release it. | 但拒绝发布 |
[22:17] | Is that true, captain? | 是真的吗 队长? |
[22:21] | No comment. | 无可奉告 |
[22:26] | All right… hey, hey! | 好的 |
[22:28] | Hang on. I have another statement. Here it is. | 我还有另外一份声明 |
[22:31] | The next reporter that asks me about this so-called “Fraidy Cop” | 那就是拒绝回答媒体 关于所谓懦弱探员的问题 |
[22:34] | is going to be banned from all press conferences | 有效期为一年 |
[22:37] | for a year. | |
[22:43] | Here’s our invoice for the Teal case. | 这是这个案件的账单 |
[22:45] | We’d like to get paid. | 我想兑现 |
[22:46] | Don’t you usually just mail this in? | – 你不是通常寄来的吗? |
[22:48] | – We’re in a rush. – And a little short, huh? | – 我们赶时间 |
[22:50] | Yeah? So are you. | – 手头紧哈 |
[22:52] | Just initial it where it says “job completed to satisfaction” please. | 就从那句工作要以满意结束开始 |
[22:56] | – What are you doing? – It’s not over. | – 你干什么? – 不不不 这还没结束 |
[22:58] | N-N-No– No. Don’t do this. The case is closed. | 不要这样 案件已经结束了 |
[23:01] | You heard the press conference. | 你听到新闻发布会上怎么说了 |
[23:03] | He owned a gun. | 你听到新闻发布会上怎么说了 – |
[23:04] | – Who did? – Sidney Teal. | 他有一支枪 – 谁有? |
[23:06] | If he wanted to kill Archie Modine in that parking lot, | 如果Sidney Teal想在停车场杀死Archie Modine |
[23:08] | why didn’t he bring the gun? | 他为什么不带枪? |
[23:10] | I don’t know. He brought a knife. | 我不知道 但他带了一把刀 |
[23:11] | It wasn’t a very big knife… | 那不是把大刀只有四英寸的刃 |
[23:12] | Only had a four-inch blade. | |
[23:14] | And I don’t think Teal knew about that affair. | 我不认为Teal先生是想去杀人 |
[23:16] | He was planning a romantic getaway with his wife, remember? | 他正在计划一次跟她太太的浪漫出游 记得不? |
[23:18] | Look, we need to get paid. I need cash. | 听着 我们需要钱 我要现金 |
[23:22] | The stores in my neighborhood insist on money. | 我家旁边的商店也坚持要现金 |
[23:30] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[23:32] | I’m really, really sorry. | 我真的真的很抱歉 |
[23:34] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[23:36] | There’s more to it. | 因为里面还有隐情 |
[23:38] | If you don’t submit that invoice, | 你不兑现我就辞职 |
[23:40] | I’m quitting. | |
[23:41] | Now I’m gonna give you until three. | 数到三你就要决定 |
[23:44] | No, not 3:00! | 不是三点是数三下 |
[23:45] | I’m counting to three. | |
[23:49] | One… | 一 |
[23:50] | Two… | 二 |
[23:54] | Three. | 三 |
[23:58] | Call me the minute you grow up. | 长大了再找我 |
[24:09] | What should I do? | 我应该怎么做? |
[24:12] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:14] | No, tell me what to do. | 不 告诉我要做什么 |
[24:17] | I can’t do that. | 我讲不出什么 |
[24:19] | Well… | |
[24:21] | Can you find somebody who will tell me what to do? | 好吧 |
[25:14] | So D-man, this “Fraidy Cop” situation | 你能找到能告诉我怎么办的人么? |
[25:17] | is getting out of control. | 关于懦弱探员的情况已经失控了 |
[25:18] | The San Francisco PD just bought | |
[25:20] | San a bunch of new squad cars that only go in reverse. | |
[25:22] | Well, you know what I heard? | Francisco的警察买些报纸来收藏 |
[25:24] | Every officer is being issued some new equipment: | 你知道吗? |
[25:26] | a white flag and a diaper! | 每个警察都会有新的装备 |
[25:28] | But they better do it up tight | 一张白旗和一块尿布 |
[25:29] | because there’s a cold snap coming! | 但他们最好抓紧点 因为马上又有突发事件了 |
[25:35] | A drive-by shooting. | 在车上开枪? |
[25:37] | Do they have any leads? | 他们用了铅子弹吗? |
[25:39] | Nothing on the bullets. | 子弹上没什么东西 |
[25:40] | They found the car a few blocks away. | 我们在不远处找到了车 |
[25:42] | Stolen, 100% clean of prints. | 是偷的 干净得要命 没有指模 |
[25:46] | You know, you don’t seem very upset. | 你看起来不那么伤心 |
[25:49] | Well it means I’m making someone very uneasy | 我令一些人感到不安 |
[25:52] | and that’s not such a bad thing. | 那不是坏事 |
[25:54] | Well, Sharona must’ve been terrified. | Sharona肯定吓坏了 |
[25:57] | She quit. | 她辞职了 |
[25:58] | We had an argument about money. | 我们对钱有争议 |
[26:01] | She took a job at a lamp store on Prospect Street. | 她在波伯街的灯店工作 |
[26:04] | She’d rather sell lamps than work for me. | 她宁愿卖灯也不帮我 |
[26:08] | Let me ask you something. | 我想问你 |
[26:09] | Two weeks ago, she bought me this mug, | 两周前她给我买了一个杯子 |
[26:13] | said “World’s Greatest Boss.” | 她说我是世界上最好的老板 |
[26:15] | Are you allowed to do that… | 她怎么能买这么个杯子给我又这么走了呢? |
[26:16] | Buy someone a mug and then just quit? | |
[26:19] | I don’t think mugs are legally binding, Adrian. | 我不认为买杯代表什么法律义务Adrian |
[26:23] | I never had to think about money. | 我不管钱的事 |
[26:25] | Trudy used to pay all the bills. | Trudy会付账 |
[26:27] | While we’re on that subject, | 在这问题上我有话要讲 |
[26:30] | there is something that I have to say. Oh… now, you see, this can’t be good. | 你看这样会好吗? |
[26:35] | Well, no. | 不 |
[26:37] | The… the fact is that, um… | 不 事实上 |
[26:39] | See, I haven’t been paid for the past nine weeks. | 我9个星期没收到你的诊金了 |
[26:43] | Nine sessions. | 9个星期 很多钱喔 |
[26:44] | Now that’s a lot of money. | 9个星期 很多钱喔 |
[26:45] | Oh, my God. | 噢 我的天啊 |
[26:47] | You’re gonna leave me too. | – 你也要离开我 – 不不 我没那么说 Adrian |
[26:48] | No, no, no. I did not say that, Adrian. | – 你也要离开我 – 不不 我没那么说 Adrian |
[26:51] | I’m gonna be all alone. | 很快就只剩我了 |
[26:53] | What a time to be me. | 那会是怎样呢? |
[26:54] | Adrian, I promise you no one is leaving you. | Adrian 我保证没人离开你 |
[26:57] | Sharona did. | Sharona离开了哇 |
[27:00] | Are… Are you okay? | 你还好吧? |
[27:02] | I hate owing you money. | 我不想欠你钱 |
[27:04] | I just… I just hate it. | 我真的不想 |
[27:07] | Listen… | 你看 |
[27:09] | until… until we get squared away, | 等到我们把一切理顺 |
[27:12] | I’m gonna have to start seeing you twice a week. | 我将一周来两次 |
[27:30] | Uh, excuse me, miss, | 不好意思女士 |
[27:32] | we’re closing. | 我们关门了 |
[27:34] | Now? | – 现在? – 是的 |
[27:35] | That’s right. | – 现在? – 是的 |
[27:36] | What for? | – 为什么 – 节日 |
[27:38] | – It’s a holiday. – What holiday? | – 为什么 – 节日 什么节日? |
[27:40] | It’s Lamp Day. | 那是灯节 |
[28:01] | How was your day? | 日子过得怎么样? |
[28:04] | I bought a lamp. | 我买了一盏灯 |
[28:06] | Three, actually. | 事实上是三盏 |
[28:44] | I’ve been meaning to buy the book. | |
[28:46] | Did he really mention me? Drink your milk. | 我想买那本书 真的有提到我? |
[28:48] | Yeah, it was just one line in chapter three. | 喝牛奶吧 是的 这是第三章的一句话 |
[28:51] | He said he loves you. | 他说他爱你 |
[28:53] | I’m surprised he even remembers me. | 我很惊讶他还记得我 |
[28:56] | We only dated, like, two or three times. | 我们只约会了两三次 |
[29:00] | Sidney was a junior. | Sidney那时还是大学三年级生 |
[29:01] | You know you could already tell that he was gonna be rich and famous. | 我说他将来肯定又出名又有钱 |
[29:05] | The guy was a genius. | 那人是天才 |
[29:07] | I should’ve married the schlub. | 我应该嫁给他 |
[29:08] | Oh, w-w-wait. Hold on one sec. | 等等 |
[29:12] | He was a junior… | 停一下 好吗? |
[29:14] | – Can I ask you something? – Yeah? | 我能问问你吗? |
[29:16] | Is this your first case? | 行啊 |
[29:18] | Uh, no. | 这是你的第一单案件吗? |
[29:20] | But I usually work with a partner. | 不 不过 我通常跟一个搭挡一起工作 |
[29:28] | I’m looking for Kelly Street. | – 我找Kelly |
[29:30] | Oh, Kelly’s not home. I’m her sister Bonnie. | Street – Kelly不在家我是她姐姐Bonnie |
[29:33] | Ah, my name… | – 我叫 |
[29:34] | It doesn’t matter. Come on in. | – 没关系进来吧 |
[29:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:39] | Kelly should be back any minute. | Kelly很快就回来了 |
[29:42] | Can I get you anything? | 你喝什么吗? |
[29:44] | We have Hi-C or grape juice. | 我们有高维C葡萄汁 |
[29:47] | Oh, how about some homemade applesauce? | 苹果汁怎么样? |
[29:50] | No, I’m fine. I’m just perfect. | 不 |
[29:53] | So, you say your wife was a writer. | 不用 你说你老婆是个作家 |
[29:56] | Yeah, she was a columnist for the Examiner. | 是的她是杂志的专栏作者 |
[30:00] | She died four years ago. She was murdered. | 她四年前死了是被谋杀的 |
[30:02] | Oh, dear, what’s the world coming to? | 怎么搞的? |
[30:05] | I don’t know, ma’am. I ask myself that every day. | 我不知道 我每天问自己 |
[30:07] | This… This was from her appointment book. | 这个是她指定的书 |
[30:12] | See, this was her last entry. | 那是她最后的一章节 |
[30:14] | I always thought that 530 Kelly Street | 我常想530 |
[30:17] | was an address. | Kelly Street是个地址 |
[30:18] | But then this morning, it hit me. | 然而今天早上我突然想到 |
[30:21] | It’s a name. “Kelly Street.” | 这是一个人名 |
[30:23] | Her real name’s Katrina. | 哦 她真名是Jenny |
[30:24] | I was the first one to call her Kelly. | 我是第一个叫她Kelly的 |
[30:26] | Right, and the 530 is not a house number. | 嗯530不是门牌号码 |
[30:30] | It means half past five, of course. | 应该是5:30 |
[30:32] | So Trudy must’ve been planning to meet your sister | 所以Trudy那天想见你妹妹 |
[30:35] | on that day. | |
[30:36] | Something about a Mr. Simon, you see? | 关于Simon先生的事 |
[30:39] | Who… Who is that? | 你知不知道那是谁 |
[30:41] | Is that a friend of the family? | 那是他们的朋友吗? |
[30:43] | Mr. Simon was her dog. | Simon先生是她的狗狗 |
[30:45] | Dog… | |
[30:46] | When Mr. Simon passed away and died, | 它死后Kelly不忍心埋葬它 |
[30:48] | Kelly couldn’t bear to bury him, | |
[30:50] | so she had him stuffed. | 所以她请人帮忙做成了标本 |
[30:52] | Some people found it peculiar. | 有人觉得很有意思 |
[30:54] | Your wife was probably writing a little story about her. | 你老婆可能在写她的故事 |
[30:57] | Um… | 介意我碰它吗? |
[30:58] | Do you mind if I touch him? | |
[31:00] | Of course. | 没问题 |
[31:06] | Taxidermy always fascinated me. | 我着迷于动物标本制造 |
[31:12] | What are you doing? | – 你在干嘛? – 那个那 |
[31:14] | It… | – 你在干嘛? – 那个那 |
[31:15] | That’s not Mr. Simon, silly Billy. | 那不是Simon先生笨比利 |
[31:18] | That’s the colonel. | 那是格伦尼 |
[31:19] | The colonel. | 格伦尼 |
[31:20] | This is Mr. Simon. | 格伦尼 |
[31:25] | Oh, company! | 这才是Simon先生 |
[31:27] | Oh, thank God. | 喔 你好 谢天谢地 你是Kelly |
[31:29] | Are you… are you Kelly Street? | 谢天谢地 |
[31:31] | Mrs. Kelly Street? | 你是Kelly |
[31:32] | You don’t remember me? | 你不记得我? |
[31:34] | I’m… I’m sorry. | 对不起? |
[31:36] | Mr. Monk, you’ve been here three times. | Monk先生你来过三次 |
[31:39] | You come every year asking about your wife. | 你每年都来问你太太的事 |
[31:45] | Oh, dear. | 噢 甜心 |
[31:50] | You should write it down, Mr. Monk, | 你应该写下来 Monk先生 |
[31:54] | so you don’t forget. | 那样你就不会忘记了 |
[31:56] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[31:59] | You’re right. | |
[32:01] | I must’ve blocked it out. | 我是得记下来 |
[32:06] | In the book, | |
[32:08] | Mr. Teal said somebody mugs you on your first date, | 书里边Teal先生说 在你们第一次约会的时候有人打劫你们 |
[32:11] | but he didn’t really give any details. | 但他没写任何细节 |
[32:14] | Technically, we weren’t mugged. | 我们没被抢成只是差一点 |
[32:16] | We were almost mugged. | |
[32:20] | I was scared to death. I just froze. | 我怕死 我楞了 |
[32:23] | He had a knife. | – 他有刀 – 他有刀? |
[32:24] | He had a knife? | – 他有刀 – 他有刀? |
[32:25] | But Sidney, he lunged at the guy. | 但是Sidney他嘲笑那人 |
[32:27] | They started fighting. | 他们开始打斗起来 |
[32:30] | Come on! | |
[32:32] | I couldn’t believe it. | 我不能相信 |
[32:34] | Sidney really stood up to him. I didn’t think he had it in him. | Sidney勇敢地抵抗了他 我之前不这么认为的 |
[32:37] | Did he say anything? | 他说了什么吗? |
[32:40] | Who? | – 谁 – 那抢劫犯 |
[32:41] | The mugger. | – 谁 – 那抢劫犯 |
[32:43] | Oh, jeez. | 啊 都二十年前了 |
[32:44] | That was 20 years ago. | 啊 |
[32:46] | Uh, I think he said, you know, | 都二十年前了 |
[32:48] | “gimme your money. | 我想他说把钱给我 |
[32:51] | Don’t be a hero.” | 别当英雄 |
[32:53] | He said that? | 他那样说?别当英雄? |
[32:55] | “Don’t be a hero?” | |
[32:57] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[32:58] | Is that important? | 是啊 那重要吗? |
[33:00] | Oh, yeah. That is… That is very important. | 那重要吗? 噢 是的 这很重要 |
[33:02] | Um… | 嗯 |
[33:06] | I think I just busted this case wide open. | 我想这案件已经真相大白了 |
[33:36] | That’s better. | 好多了 |
[33:42] | Leo? | |
[33:43] | Leo? | |
[33:45] | Leo! | Leo! |
[33:48] | Leo Otterman! | |
[33:51] | Hi, you remember me? | 记得我吗? |
[33:52] | I’m Adrian Monk. | 记得我吗? 我是Adrian Monk |
[33:54] | Of course I remember you. | – 我当然记得 |
[33:56] | Yeah, I-I found your Picasso | – 我找到你的毕加索 |
[33:57] | and I still have not been paid. | 我还没有拿到钱 |
[33:59] | I told you. I need a little more time. | – 我说过我要多点时间 |
[34:01] | Yeah, Leo, and I’m telling you | – Leo我跟你说 |
[34:03] | that that is not good enough! | 那并不太好 |
[34:05] | Sir, okay, okay, look… | 行吗?Leo 好吧 Leo |
[34:07] | Leo, Sharona quit again | Sharona又走了 |
[34:09] | and I went to see Kelly Street | 我去找了Kelly Street |
[34:11] | because I thought she was an address | 因为我以为她是个地址 |
[34:12] | but she’s not an address. | 但她不是 |
[34:14] | She’s a woman. | 她是个女的 |
[34:15] | I’ve been there before… | 我去过三次 |
[34:17] | Three times… forget that! | 不说这些 不说这些 |
[34:18] | Just forget all that. | 不说这些 不说这些 |
[34:20] | Sharona was not there. | Sharona不在 |
[34:22] | I can’t pay her. | 我还没给她钱 |
[34:23] | And I cannot do this without her. | 没有她 我不能查案 |
[34:27] | Thank you for sharing. | 谢谢 |
[34:29] | I’m sure it’s all very fascinating. | 我相信这挺吸引人 |
[34:31] | Call my office and we’ll work something out. | 打到我办公室去我们会解决的 |
[34:33] | No, Leo! Leo! | 不行 Leo 等等 |
[34:34] | Wait, Leo! Wait a second. | 好的 |
[34:35] | Leo, hey! | 看吧 |
[34:37] | Okay, look. | 看 |
[34:39] | Leo, I’m not moving. | Leo 我不走 |
[34:41] | You think I’m bluffing? | 你想我在骗你吗? |
[34:42] | You’re gonna have to run me down. | 你快要撞倒我了 |
[34:49] | Or back up, one or the other. | 坏蛋 |
[34:51] | Adrian! | 一个接一个 |
[34:54] | Adrian! | |
[34:57] | Sharona. | – 噢 |
[35:01] | Oh, my God. | 噢 我的天哪 |
[35:02] | I’ve been looking all over for you. | 噢 我的天哪 我找了你好久 |
[35:03] | – Are you okay? – Yeah, that was Leo Otterman. | 你还好吧 是 那是Leo |
[35:06] | I tried to stop him but he got away. | 我想阻止他 但他跑了 |
[35:09] | I wanted to pay you. | – 我想付你钱 |
[35:10] | No, no, just forget about that jerk. | – 先不提那件事 |
[35:12] | Look at this. | 看看这个 |
[35:13] | What have you been doing? | 你最近在干嘛? |
[35:15] | Investigating. | 调查 |
[35:16] | I went to see Angie DeLuca. | 我去见了安塔 |
[35:18] | She used to date Sidney Teal in college. | 她大学时常约会Sidney |
[35:19] | Adrian, you’re not gonna believe this. | 你不会相信 |
[35:22] | There was another mugging 20 years ago. | 二十年前还有另一个抢劫 |
[35:24] | It was the exact same thing, | 那几乎是一样的 |
[35:25] | except Sidney Teal was the guy being mugged. | 除了Sidney是那个被抢劫的 |
[35:28] | What? | 什么? |
[35:30] | Now get this. | 现在看这个 |
[35:32] | The mugger from 20 years ago | 二十年前的抢劫犯说 |
[35:34] | said, “Don’t be a hero.” | 别当英雄 |
[35:36] | Really? | 真的? |
[35:39] | That’s interesting. | 这很有趣 |
[35:41] | See, I knew it was interesting. | 明白吗?我知道很有趣 |
[35:43] | I mean, I didn’t know why, but I knew. | 我不知道为什么 但是我知道很有趣 |
[35:52] | I know that look. | 我知道那表情是什么意思 |
[35:54] | You’ve got it, right? | 你明白了对吗? |
[35:59] | Are you sure about this? | 你确定吗? |
[36:01] | Yes. | – 是的 – 你犹豫 |
[36:02] | You hesitated. Why’d you hesitate? | – 为什么犹豫 |
[36:04] | I was thinking about something else. | – 我在想其他的事 |
[36:07] | Mr. Modine, thank you for coming. | 谢谢你来 |
[36:09] | What the hell is going on, captain? | 什么事啊 |
[36:11] | Mr. Monk wants a few moments of everybody’s time. | 队长? Monk先生想见见大家 |
[36:13] | I think that’s not too much to ask. | 我想不会占用太多时间 |
[36:14] | Captain Stottlemeyer, any leads on the “Fraidy Cop”? | 警官 有收到什么新线索吗? |
[36:16] | Whoa whoa whoa! Hey! Hey! Hey! | 嘿嘿 你想靠近的话 |
[36:18] | You wanna ambush people, you join the army, okay? | 就当兵去吧好吗? 队长要在这儿工作 |
[36:21] | The captain’s trying to work here, people. | 他没时间招呼你们 |
[36:22] | He doesn’t have time for your crap. | 退后 请退后 |
[36:24] | Now step back, please. Step back! | 做的好 |
[36:25] | Moratta Well done, Officer Moratta. | |
[36:27] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你先生 |
[36:33] | I wish I’d known you were coming. | 我真希望我知道你们来了 |
[36:35] | I could’ve had Mrs. Danders prepare something. | 那我就可以让Danvers太太准备一下 |
[36:37] | This isn’t a party, Mrs. Teal. | 这不是聚会 Teal太太 |
[36:39] | Well, I guess you can’t believe everything you read. | 我想你不能相信你所读到的 |
[36:42] | Newspaper said the investigation was closed. | 报纸说已经结案了 |
[36:44] | Thiers’s was, ours wasn’t. | 他们会 |
[36:46] | My attorney says that I can file | 我们不会 |
[36:48] | a harassment case whenever I feel like it. | 我律师说我什么时候想结案都可以 |
[36:50] | Mrs. Teal, | Teal太太 你的律师会忙着让你不用判死刑 |
[36:51] | your lawyers are gonna have enough to do to keep you off of death row. | 你的律师会忙着让你不用判死刑 |
[36:54] | You’ll be needing an attorney too, sir, | 你也需要一个律师 |
[36:56] | for the murder of Sidney Teal | 因为谋杀Sidney的案子 |
[36:58] | and the attempted murder of me. | 还有谋杀我未遂的案子 |
[37:00] | – The drive-by shooting. – Both of ’em? | 开车射击 两个案子都是? |
[37:03] | They were in it together, captain. | 他们有联系的队长 |
[37:05] | I’ll tell you what troubled me from the very beginning: | 我想告诉你我开始时有什么困扰着我 |
[37:07] | The knee pads and the elbow pads. | 那护膝还有护肘 |
[37:11] | When your husband left that night, | 那晚你老公离开时 |
[37:13] | he wasn’t planning to mug anyone. | 他没想抢劫任何人 |
[37:16] | He wasn’t planning to kill anyone. | 他也没想去杀人 |
[37:18] | He was just going out to have a little fun. | 他只是出去找乐趣 |
[37:21] | Maybe roll around on the ground. | 可能在地上打滚 |
[37:23] | He thought he was gonna help you impress your date, | 他想帮你促进你的恋情 Modine先生 |
[37:26] | Mr. Modine. | – 那很可笑 |
[37:27] | That’s ridiculous. | – 是吗?你二十年前做的 |
[37:28] | Is it? You did it before 20 years ago. | 他写进了他的书里 |
[37:30] | He wrote about it in his book. | |
[37:32] | Back in college, | 在大学的时候Sidney约了Angie |
[37:33] | Deluca Sidney had a big date with Angie DeLuca. | |
[37:36] | He wasn’t much of a ladies’ man | 他没有女人缘 |
[37:38] | and he was trying to impress her. | 他想让她记住他 |
[37:40] | So the two of you cooked up a plan. | 所以你们想了一个计划 |
[37:42] | Yep, you cooked up a plan. | 你想了一个计划 |
[37:44] | Would you like to tell it? | 你想说吗? |
[37:46] | No, no, no, you’re… you’re better at telling it. | 不 不 不 |
[37:49] | Go ahead, you can tell it. | 还是你来说吧 继续 你能说出来的 |
[37:52] | No, you tell it. I’ll tell it next time. | 不用 你说吧 我下次说 |
[37:54] | For God’s sake, somebody tell it. | – 天啊 |
[37:56] | It was a harmless little prank. | 随便谁说吧 – 那只是个无伤大雅的玩笑 |
[37:59] | You pretended to mug Sidney Teal and his date | 你装做打劫Teal先生和他的女伴 |
[38:02] | and for a minute, the mild-mannered computer geek got to look like Superman. | 那脾气温和的电脑天才瞬间就像超人一样 |
[38:07] | And I’m sure you both had a big laugh about it later on. | 我想你们后来都大笑起来 |
[38:10] | You are a nut case. | 你是笨蛋 |
[38:13] | No one’s gonna believe him. | 没有人会相信他 |
[38:15] | On occasion, I’ve been known to believe him. | 有时候我相信他 |
[38:17] | Don’t stop now. | 现在别停下来 – 我讲到哪儿了 – 二十年后 |
[38:19] | Where was I? | – 我讲到哪儿了 – 二十年后 |
[38:20] | 20 years later | Sidney带Myra到大学的聚会 |
[38:21] | Sidney brought Mira to his college fundraiser | Sidney带Myra到大学的聚会 |
[38:24] | and that’s where you two met. | 你们在那里碰面了 |
[38:26] | And you met again and again and again. | 然后你们见面一次一次又一次 |
[38:29] | Are you sure you don’t want to tell it? | 你肯定你不想说吗? |
[38:31] | No, no, no, you’re doing great. | – 不 不 不 |
[38:32] | Just… just go. | 你做的好 继续吧 – 一年后 |
[38:33] | A year goes by. | 你认为生活应该是完美的 如果没有Sidney Teal |
[38:34] | You decide that life would be perfect | 你认为生活应该是完美的 |
[38:38] | without Sidney Teal around | 如果没有Sidney Teal |
[38:40] | so you two hatch a plan. | 所以你们俩做了个计划 你联系Sidney |
[38:43] | You contacted Sidney and you reminded him | 提醒他你帮他约会的事 |
[38:45] | about the time that you helped him impress his date and you asked him if he wouldn’t like to return the favor. | 并且问他想不想还这个人情 |
[38:51] | You knew he wouldn’t say no. | 你知道他不会拒绝的 |
[38:53] | It was a chance for him to relive one of the best nights of his life. | 对他来说这是个好机会 让他回味生活中最美好的夜晚 |
[38:56] | And it worked like a charm. | 那计划很不错 |
[38:58] | To the rest of the world, | 在别人看来 一个杰出的亿万富翁 |
[39:00] | it appeared that an eccentric billionaire | 一个杰出的亿万富翁 |
[39:02] | had a nervous breakdown. | 可能是精神崩溃 要是情况更糟的话 |
[39:04] | And if worse came to worse | 有人问你关于Sidney |
[39:05] | and anyone connected you with Sidney Teal, | 有人问你关于Sidney |
[39:08] | you just had to admit that you’d had an affair | 你只需要承认你们认识 |
[39:11] | and claim that the shooting was self defense. | 并宣称开枪是自卫 |
[39:13] | That is one hell of a story, Mr. Monk, | 那只是个童话故事Monk先生 |
[39:17] | if you could prove it. | 你得证明它 |
[39:22] | He always went the extra mile. | 他总是出人意表 |
[39:24] | That night, your pal Sidney | 那天晚上 你的朋友Sidney有个小小的惊喜 |
[39:26] | had a little surprise of his own. | – 真的? – 是的 |
[39:27] | – Really? – Yes, sir. | – 真的? – 是的 你看他请了个演员来扮警察 |
[39:29] | You see, he’d hired an actor to pose as a cop | 你看他请了个演员来扮警察 |
[39:34] | so after you’d scared off the mugger | 你吓跑抢劫犯以后 |
[39:37] | the cop was going to run up | 那警察会跑过来 |
[39:39] | and commend you for your heroism. | 然后表扬你勇敢 |
[39:41] | – Oh, my God. – “Fraidy Cop.” | – 天啊 – 懦弱警员 |
[39:43] | I’m afraid so. | 是的 队长 |
[39:45] | You see, captain, I remembered what you’d said | 是的 队长 我记得你说过 |
[39:47] | that no cop in your department would ever run from the scene of a crime. | 在你的部门没有警察会临阵脱逃 |
[39:51] | And it occurred to me maybe “Fraidy Cop” wasn’t a real cop. | 那时我想可能懦弱警员并不是个真正的警察 |
[39:56] | I checked all the local costume shops. | 检查所有的戏装商铺 |
[39:59] | There was only one cop uniform rented that night. | 那晚只有一套警员服装被租走了 |
[40:01] | Hey, what are you doing? | 你在干嘛? |
[40:09] | Gentlemen, I’d like you to meet Joseph Moratta. | 先生们 认识一下Joseph Moratta |
[40:12] | Very promising young actor. | – 很有前途的年轻演员 |
[40:14] | You? | – 你? |
[40:16] | Joe wanted me to mention | Joey说我可以在荷田咖啡馆见到他 |
[40:17] | that he can be seen in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof at the Harris Webley Dinner Theater all next week. | 或者下星期在哈里晚餐剧院 |
[40:23] | You know, when I heard the shots, | 当我听到枪声 |
[40:26] | I guess I kind of panicked. | 我想 我有点慌了 |
[40:27] | I’m sorry if I caused you guys any problems. | 我抱歉如果给你添了麻烦 麻烦? |
[40:30] | Problems? Kid, you have no idea! | 你根本不知道 |
[40:33] | I swear I didn’t know anything about this. | 我发誓我不知道任何有关的事 |
[40:36] | This is all his idea. | 这全是他的主意 |
[40:38] | Why, you bitch! | 撒谎的贱货 |
[40:39] | You planned the whole thing! | 退后退后 所有人退后 |
[40:45] | – Stay down! | |
[40:46] | – Oh, gee! – Gimme the arm! | 趴下 |
[40:50] | Modine, you’re under arrest for the murder of Sidney Teal. | 你由于谋杀Sidney被捕了 |
[40:52] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默 |
[40:54] | Anything you say can be used against you. | – 你说的任何话都有可能成为呈堂证供 |
[40:56] | He’s got a gun! Look out! | – 他有枪小心呐 |
[41:02] | “Fraidy Cop,” just a couple questions, please! | 懦弱警员只问一个问题等一下 |
[41:05] | Can you give us a statement? | |
[41:07] | Don’t let him get away! | |
[41:08] | Shoot him. | – 开枪打他吧 – 我不能那么做 |
[41:10] | I can’t do that, sir. | 那就开枪打我吧 |
[41:11] | Then shoot me. | |
[41:15] | $1,400, $1,460. | |
[41:17] | That’s all I have. | 我的就这些 |
[41:19] | You didn’t have to call the cops. | 你不用找警察吧 |
[41:21] | Here! | 给你 |
[41:22] | I prefer not to handle cash. | 给你 我不想拿钱 |
[41:26] | Nice doing business with you, Leo. | 非常高兴与你做生意 |
[41:28] | Next time, sir, just pay your debts. | 先生下次按时付账 |
[41:31] | Wait a minute, I know you. You were on the news. | 等等 我认得你你上过电视 |
[41:35] | – No, no, that was… – “Fraidy Cop!” | – 不是那不是我 – 懦弱警员 |
[41:36] | – No, no! – Come back here! | 嘿 快回来 |
[41:39] | – | – You know who I am? – Look at him go. |
[41:40] | – He’s an inspiration. – You cowards! | 你知道我是谁吗 |
[41:42] | I was gonna give him a couple of bucks. | – 你这个懦夫 – 我也要给他送一堆杯子 |
[41:44] | You can send it to him. He’ll be in Canada by tomorrow. | 你可以寄给他 他明天去加拿大 |
[41:46] | Oh, God. | – 天啊 |
[41:47] | I’ll kill you! | – 我要杀了你 |