时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Excuse me, sir. | 抱歉 先生 我和Miles Hollings先生有个约会 |
[00:09] | I have an appointment with Mr. Miles Holling. | 抱歉 先生 我和Miles Hollings先生有个约会 |
[00:12] | No, I have an appointment. | 不 我真的约好了的 |
[00:14] | You don’t seem to understand. | 但是你看上去没弄明白 |
[00:17] | All right, go ahead. Thank you so much. | – 好吧 去吧 – 非常感谢 |
[00:19] | Look, I don’t care who you are. No one gets in without a pass. | 我不管你是谁 没有通行征都不能进去 |
[00:21] | You don’t understand. I was promised I could… | – 你不明白 他们答应我可以 |
[00:23] | Call your office. Clear. | – 给你办公室打电话 明白? |
[00:25] | – Gin. | |
[00:26] | What are you doing this weekend? | 你这个周末有什么节目? – |
[00:28] | Same as you. Working here. | 跟你一样 在这儿工作 |
[00:30] | What? | – 什么? |
[00:31] | Didn’t you hear? We all have to work. | – 我们都得加班 他们已经贴出通知了 |
[00:33] | – They just posted it. – Why? | – 喔为什么? |
[00:35] | You know why. It’s the old man’s birthday. | – 你不知道为什么?那个老头过生日 |
[00:37] | Oh, and don’t you forget your I.D., | 千万别忘了带你的身份证 |
[00:39] | or they will not let you in. | 否则他们不会让你进去 |
[00:40] | So some geezer has a birthday, and my whole weekend’s shot. | 就是这么回事 有个古怪老头要过生日 我的整个周末都泡汤了 |
[00:44] | Miles Holling is not just another geezer. | Miles Hollings可不只是个怪老头 |
[00:46] | We are talking about the oldest man in the world here. | 我们现在正在说的是世界上年纪最大的人 |
[00:48] | It’s big news. | 这可是大新闻 |
[00:49] | Didn’t you see all those reporters out there? | 你没看见外面那些记者吗? |
[00:51] | Well, it’s not big news to me. | 对我来说可不算什么新闻 |
[00:52] | I made plans. My whole family’s coming over. | 我本来有活动计划的 我全家都要过来呢 |
[00:54] | Well, maybe you’ll get lucky and he won’t wake up. | 好吧 也许你运气好 他没有再醒过 |
[00:56] | Ah, wouldn’t that be great? | 哦 |
[01:16] | Hello? | 那就太好了 |
[01:19] | Who are you? | 你是谁?你不是George |
[01:21] | You’re not George. | |
[01:23] | Where’s George? | George在哪里? |
[01:25] | Fella, you’d better get out of here! | 伙计? |
[01:27] | What the hell are you doing… | 你最好出去 |
[01:29] | Turn loose, you son of… | 见鬼你到底在干什么? |
[02:36] | Ma’am, even if I agreed with you, | 女士 就算我同意你的话 |
[02:38] | I do not have the authority to take the billboard down. | 我也没有权利把那个广告牌拿下来 |
[02:43] | Look, have you considered taking a different road home? | 好了 你有没有考虑过走另外一条路回家呢? |
[02:49] | You have a nice day, too. | 也祝你今天过得好 |
[02:50] | Captain? | 长官? |
[02:52] | Lieutenant, why am I fielding calls about zoning regulations? | 我怎么发现自己在接听有关分区法规的电话 |
[02:55] | Aren’t you supposed to be protecting the quarterback? | 你不是应该帮我处理这些家门口的杂事吗 |
[02:57] | Your wife’s here. | – 您的太太来了 |
[02:59] | Okay. | – 好 好吧 |
[03:00] | – Okay. | |
[03:02] | Uh, look, I need a few minutes. | 呃 我需要几分钟时间你能不能挡她一会儿? |
[03:04] | – Could you stall her? – What should I do? | – 我应该怎么办? |
[03:06] | Uh, talk to her. | – 呃 |
[03:07] | About what? | 跟她聊一会儿 – 聊什么? |
[03:08] | I mean, what does she like to talk about? | 我是说 她喜欢聊些什么? |
[03:11] | How I ruined her life. | 我是如何毁了她的生活 |
[03:19] | Cigars… | 好了 雪茄烟 |
[03:22] | He’ll just be a minute. He’s on a call. | 再等一分钟 正在通电话呢 |
[03:24] | Oh. | 喂 |
[03:25] | So, uh, you working on a new script? | 那么 你正在写一个新的脚本? |
[03:27] | I make documentary films, lieutenant. | 我制作纪录片 副队 我不用脚本 |
[03:29] | I don’t use scripts. The world is my script. | – 这个世界都是我的脚本 – 干净利落 |
[03:32] | Neat. | 特别大水晶石 |
[03:33] | Big special crystal and the magic dreamcatcher. | 特别大水晶石 |
[03:38] | There we go. | 还有魔力梦幻捕手 准备好了 |
[03:40] | I want to show you something. | 我想给你看些东西 |
[03:43] | They just issued these. | 这是刚刚发的 |
[03:45] | It’s a Beretta… 9-millimeter Centurion. | 它是四角 9毫米 |
[03:48] | It holds 15 in the mag, one in the chamber. | 最多15发 还有一颗已经上膛 |
[03:51] | You know how I feel about guns. | 呃 你知道我对枪的感觉 |
[03:53] | I know you have strong feelings. | 我知道你是有强烈感觉的 |
[03:56] | I just can’t remember what they are. | 我只是 不太记得你那是什么感觉了 |
[03:58] | I’m against them, lieutenant. | 我反对枪支 副队 |
[04:00] | My husband doesn’t carry a weapon. I don’t know why you need to. | 我丈夫就不带枪 我不明白你为什么要带 啊 |
[04:14] | What’s he doing in there? | – 他在干什么? |
[04:15] | He’ll just be one more minute. | – 他只要再多一分钟就好了 |
[04:19] | There we go. Wonderful. | 还有瀑布 |
[04:22] | The holster… it’s calfskin. | 这是皮套 |
[04:24] | It’s nice. | 是小牛皮的 很好 |
[04:25] | Water. | – 水 |
[04:27] | I’m going in. | – 我要进去了 |
[04:28] | Yes, ma’am. Let me just get the door for you. | – 是 夫人 |
[04:30] | Okay… | 让我给您开门 – 好 |
[04:32] | There you go. That’s it. | 好了 就这样 |
[04:36] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[04:38] | Hi. | – 嗨 |
[04:39] | Come on in. | – 快进来 |
[04:41] | Hi. What a nice surprise. | 嗨 多好的惊喜啊 |
[04:47] | Oh! | 噢 |
[04:48] | The waterfall. | 瀑布 |
[04:50] | How do you like it? | 你喜欢吗? |
[04:53] | It’s great. I love it. | 太好了 我太喜欢了 |
[04:56] | Thank you again. | – 再次谢谢你 – 能你冷静下来吗 |
[04:57] | – Is it calming you down? – Yes. | 是的 |
[05:02] | – Is that coffee? – Yes. Yes, it is. | – 是咖啡吗? – 是 是的 |
[05:05] | It’s a coffeefall. | 咖啡瀑布 |
[05:08] | How was art therapy? | – 艺术疗法怎么样? |
[05:10] | Art therapy is on Wednesday. | – 艺术疗法是星期三 |
[05:11] | Yes, I knew that. Uh… | 是 我知道 哦 呃 |
[05:14] | How is, uh… | – 那个 呃 怎么样 |
[05:16] | Leland, do you remember Miles Holling? | 你还记得Miles Hollings先生吗? |
[05:19] | Yes. | 记得 |
[05:21] | No. | 不 |
[05:22] | The oldest man in the world? | 世界上最老的人? |
[05:24] | I made a film about him. | 我拍了一部关子他的纪录片? |
[05:26] | It won honorable mention at the Monterey Festival. | 那部片子在蒙特里杰克节赢得了提名奖? |
[05:30] | Of course you wouldn’t remember. | 当然 |
[05:32] | You didn’t go! | 你不会记得的 你都没有去 |
[05:34] | Anyway, he died last night. | 算了 他昨天晚上死了 |
[05:37] | Oh, honey, I’m sorry. | 亲爱的 我很遗憾 |
[05:39] | Is that why you’re here? | 这就是你来这里的原因吗? |
[05:40] | In a way. | 某种程度上是的 |
[05:42] | You see, I think he was murdered. | 我认为他是被谋杀的 |
[05:47] | Okay. | 好了 听我说 |
[05:48] | Now, I know it sounds crazy, | 我知道听起来有点荒唐 但是 |
[05:50] | but I went to the nursing home this morning | 我今早去他的看护房祝他生日快乐 |
[05:52] | to wish him a happy birthday, | 然后 |
[05:53] | and they had just found him. | – 发现 呃 – 嗯? |
[05:55] | – Uh-huh. – The coroner was there. | 验尸官在那里 |
[05:57] | There was something… wrong. | 有些什么事情 不对动 |
[06:00] | Uh-huh. | 呃 嗯? |
[06:01] | You see, they said he died in bed, | 你听我说 他们说他死在床上 |
[06:03] | but, Leland, he never used the bed. | 但是 Leland 他从来不用床的 |
[06:05] | He slept in a chair. | 他在椅子里睡 他说他怕 |
[06:06] | He told me was afraid that if he ever laid down, | 一且躺下去就再也起不来了 |
[06:08] | he would never get up again. | |
[06:10] | Well, Karen… | – 好了 Karen |
[06:11] | Also, they found a book on his chest, | – 还有 他们在他的胸口发现一本书 |
[06:14] | like he’d been reading, | 就像他读过书 |
[06:15] | but he couldn’t read, because he was nearly blind. | 但是他不可能读书 因为他几乎是瞎的 |
[06:18] | So, I told the head nurse to lock down that room. | 子是我就叫护士长封锁了那个房间 |
[06:21] | – You what? – So that you can investigate. | 你干什么了?好让你能够进行调查 |
[06:24] | Karen, you can’t do that. | Karen 你不能那么做的你以为自己是什么 |
[06:25] | What are you, a homicide detective? | 一个专门侦破杀人案的侦探吗? |
[06:28] | I mean, how old was this guy? | 我是说 |
[06:30] | – 115? 115. 115! | 这个家伙多大了? |
[06:34] | People that old, they die. It’s like their job. | 年纪那么大的人当然会死 就像 就像那是他们的天职 |
[06:37] | Now be reasonable. | 理智一些吧 |
[06:39] | Who would kill the oldest man in the world? | 有谁会杀死世界上最老的人? |
[06:40] | I mean, why would they bother? | – 我的意思是 |
[06:42] | It’s a hunch. You get hunches all the time. | 用得着吗 – 这是 |
[06:45] | Yeah, well, that’s my job. | 一种预感 你总是有某种预感啊 |
[06:48] | I’m a professional. | 是吗? 那就是我的工作 我是职业的 |
[06:50] | So you’re not going to investigate? | – 你不去调查是吗? – 好了 亲爱的 我 |
[06:52] | Look, honey, I don’t… | 最后一次 我已经问得够多了 你不去了是吗? |
[06:53] | Once again I’m asking too much, is that it? | 最后一次 我已经问得够多了 你不去了是吗? |
[06:55] | I don’t tell you how to make your little movies. | 我 我也没有告诉你怎么去 弄你的小电影 是吧? |
[06:59] | They’re documentaries, Leland. | 是纪录片 Leland |
[07:01] | Is this what you meant when you told Dr. Mosely | 这就是你对Morris医生答应过的 |
[07:03] | you were going to be more supportive? | 更加支持合作的态度? |
[07:04] | You promised. You swore you were going to try. | 你答应过的 你发过誓你会试试看 |
[07:07] | All right, look. | 好了 |
[07:08] | Look… I’ll call Monk. | 这样好吧 |
[07:11] | He’s the best detective I know, | 我打电话给Monk 他是我知道的最好的侦探 |
[07:13] | and if Monk thinks there’s been foul play, | 如果Monk说他觉得有问题 |
[07:15] | I’ll look into it. | 我就会调查 |
[07:16] | – Promise? – Yes, I promise. | – 你保证? – 是 我保证 |
[07:20] | Yes, honey, we’re at the nursing home. | 是的 亲爱的 |
[07:22] | Monk! | 我们在看护房 – |
[07:25] | I really appreciate this. | Monk 我真的非常感激 |
[07:26] | It’s no problem. Glad to do it. | – 没问题 我很乐意 |
[07:28] | Yes, Monk’s here. | 是 Monk也在这里 |
[07:30] | Look, if you don’t believe me, here. | 好 如果你不信我的话 这里 |
[07:32] | Here’s Sharona. | 这是Sharona |
[07:35] | Hey, Karen, how you doing? | 嘿 Karen 你好吗? |
[07:39] | The room hasn’t been touched? | – 房间没有被动过吧? |
[07:41] | No, sir. | – 没有 先生 |
[07:42] | And you were the last nurse to see him? | – 你是最后一个见到他的人 是吗? |
[07:44] | Yes, sir, I was. | – 是的 先生 |
[07:46] | Was the walker right here? | 是我 那个助步架 – |
[07:48] | – Yes. – Yeah? | 就在这里? – 是 |
[07:52] | How tall would you say he was? | – 你觉得他多高? – |
[07:53] | Um, about 5’1″. | 嗯 大约5.1英尺 哦 不 |
[07:57] | Okay, now he’s looking around the bed. | 好了 现在他在床的周围看看 |
[07:59] | Looking at the pillowcase… | 察看枕头 |
[08:04] | Did you lower those shades? | 你把帘子放下来的吗? |
[08:06] | No, Mr. Holling never liked them down. | Hollings先生从来不喜欢那样 |
[08:08] | Give me the phone. | – 把电话给我 – 什么? |
[08:09] | Okay, wait. Hold on. Here’s your husband. | 好 等等 别挂 你丈夫 |
[08:12] | Honey, okay, look, the next voice you hear | 宝贝? 好 |
[08:15] | is going to be Adrian Monk’s, okay? | 好了 下一个你将会听到的声音就是Adrian Monk |
[08:16] | And whatever he says, we’re going to accept it, right? | 不论他说什么我们都得接受 好吗? |
[08:19] | No questions asked. Okay. | 不准再置疑 好 Adrian Monk – 你检查过房间了吗? – 是 检查过了 |
[08:22] | Adrian Monk, have you studied the room? | |
[08:26] | Yes, I have. | |
[08:27] | Have you formed an opinion | 关子Miles |
[08:29] | about the cause of Miles Holling’s death? | Hollings先生的死因 你有没有看法了呢? |
[08:32] | Yes, I have. | – 是的 有了 |
[08:34] | And what is your opinion, Adrian Monk? | – 你的意见是什么 Adrian Monk? |
[08:36] | He… | 他 |
[08:38] | was murdered. | 是被谋杀的 |
[08:42] | – He was murdered, Karen. – I knew it! | – 他是被谋杀的 – 我就知道 |
[08:46] | The walker is in the middle of the room. | 助步器在房间的中央 |
[08:49] | How could Mr. Holling have made it to the bed? | Hollings先生是怎么走到床边的呢? |
[08:52] | Plus, there’s no way a man of his height | 另外 一个他这么高的人不可能 |
[08:56] | could have reached over the dresser to pull down those shades. | 够得着伸手去拉下窗帘 |
[09:04] | Sweetheart, I’m gonna strangle Monk, | 宝贝 我要掐死Monk先生 |
[09:07] | and then I’ll call you right back. | 然后马上回电话给你 |
[09:11] | Welcome to Malden. | 欢迎来到麦尔登 |
[09:14] | How can I help you? | 我能帮你什么吗? |
[09:15] | – Mr. Mayor, the reason… – Excuse me. | – 市长先生 我来的原因是 – 对不起 我 抱歉 呃 们能换个椅子吗? 这些流苏 |
[09:17] | I’m sorry. Could we switch chairs? | |
[09:20] | Uh, it’s the tassels. | |
[09:22] | My chair has tassels. | 呃 |
[09:25] | There are a lot of tassels here. | 我的椅子有流苏 有很多 |
[09:26] | Will you stop saying “tassels”? | 你可以别再说 流苏了吗? |
[09:34] | Dennis Gammill | Dennis Gammill, my deputy mayor, |
[09:36] | has just been filling me in. | 我的副市长 刚刚对我提供了有关情况 |
[09:37] | Are you, uh, seriously asking us to exhume Miles Holling? | 呃 是认真的要求 我们把Miles Hollings挖掘出来 |
[09:40] | We’d like them to do an autopsy. | 我们想验尸 |
[09:42] | Mr. Mayor, um, | 市长先生 嗯 |
[09:45] | I wouldn’t be here if, uh, if some of us didn’t feel | 如果我们中不是有人觉得 很有可能是有问题的案子 |
[09:50] | that there was a strong case for probable cause. | – 我 我是不会来的 |
[09:52] | – Excuse me. – What? | 呃 – 抱歉 |
[09:53] | I’m so sorry. Could you switch with Sharona? | – 什么? – 真的很抱歉 |
[09:55] | Why? | 你能和Sharona换个位子吗? – |
[09:56] | Then she’d be next to me, | 为什么? – 那样她就能坐在我旁边 |
[09:58] | and then… | – 然后呢 |
[10:00] | It’s fine. He wants to switch chairs. | – 好了 Monk |
[10:03] | – I’m sorry. – It’s okay. | – 他很失礼 我很抱歉 – 没事 |
[10:05] | Why are you doing this? Just sit down. | 你干什么呢? 坐下 |
[10:10] | Now, Mr. Mayor, the letter that I wrote… | 市长先生 我写的那封信 |
[10:12] | Which… which, by the way, Mr. Mayor, | 顺便提一下 市长先生 |
[10:13] | is not a court order. It’s an unofficial request. | 并不是法庭庭谕 那是个非官方的请求 |
[10:17] | That’s true. It’s an unofficial request. | 是真的 是非正式的请求 |
[10:20] | We’ve been talking to the coroner’s office | 我们已经和验尸官办公室谈了三天了 |
[10:21] | for three days now, and they won’t issue us a subpoena. | – 他们不肯发传票 |
[10:24] | They said it was up to you. | – 他们说这事情在子你 |
[10:25] | In other words, you can say no, | 换句话说 你可以说 |
[10:27] | and I strongly suggest that you do. | 不 而且我强烈建议你这么做 |
[10:29] | Steve, if they’re wrong about this, | Steve 如果 如果他们错了 |
[10:32] | when the next election rolls around, | 下一轮选举来到的时候 |
[10:33] | you’re going to be a punchline around here. | 你会成为为此的笑柄 |
[10:36] | Mr. Mayor, I’d consider it a personal favor. | 市长先生 我会把这个看作是 您帮我个人的一个忙 |
[10:39] | My wife, as you know, knew Mr. Holling, | 我的妻子 你可能知道 |
[10:41] | and she grew very fond of him | 认识Hollings先生 她非常喜欢他 |
[10:42] | during the course of the documentary… | 在给他拍纪录片的过程中 抱歉 |
[10:44] | Excuse me. I am… I’m so sorry. | 我 |
[10:47] | This one is so slippery. | 我真的非常抱歉 但这椅子太滑了 |
[10:49] | You know… | 你知道 |
[10:51] | Well, why don’t you just stand up? Just… | 你为什么不 站起来一会儿呢 |
[10:53] | Stand up. | 站起来 |
[10:56] | It’s a tough call. | 这是个艰难的决定 |
[10:57] | Captain, I’m going to grant your request. | 警官 我决定许可你的要求 |
[10:59] | Just one favor… Don’t be wrong. | – 谢谢你 – 只是你们也得帮个忙 最好别弄错了 |
[11:16] | Captain? | 警官? |
[11:17] | Yeah. | 啊? |
[11:18] | We’re about finished. | 我们差不多完了 |
[11:21] | You want to accompany the body? | – 如果你想陪着遗体一会儿 |
[11:23] | I’ll be there in a minute. | – 马上来 |
[11:31] | I remember that case. | 我记得那个案子 |
[11:33] | It was a hit-and-run, right? | 是个撞人逃跑事件 对吗? |
[11:34] | Yeah. 17 years old. | 是啊 17岁 |
[11:38] | He’d been accepted to Princeton. | 他已经被普林斯顿大学录取了 |
[11:40] | I dug that hole. | 我给他挖的坟 |
[11:42] | I’ll never forget it. | 我永远都忘不了 |
[11:44] | The ground was frozen solid. | 土地像冻住了一样坚硬 |
[11:46] | It was like the earth didn’t want him. | 好像大地不打算接受他 |
[11:48] | They ever catch the son of a bitch? | – 他们捉住了那个狗娘养的没有? |
[11:50] | No, I never did. | – 不 我还没抓住 |
[11:52] | It was your case? | – 是你的案子? |
[11:54] | It still is. | – 仍然是我的 |
[12:00] | It still is. | 仍然是 |
[12:16] | Captain. You all right? | 警官 你没事吧? |
[12:19] | Miles Holling was murdered. He was suffocated. | Miles Hollings是被谋杀的 是被窒息而死的 |
[12:22] | It’s on the “A” list. | 这个案子是A级案件 |
[12:23] | I made you a copy of the medical examiner’s report. | 我给你影印了一份验尸报告 |
[12:26] | Karen kicked you out? | Karen 赶你出来了? |
[12:30] | How did you know that? | – 你怎么知道的? |
[12:32] | You didn’t eat dinner at home. | – 你没有在家吃晚饭 |
[12:34] | There’s a receipt here from Happy Burger. | – 快乐汉堡的收银条 |
[12:37] | Yeah. We’re having some problems. | – 是啊 我们出了些问题 |
[12:40] | I’m gonna crash down the street at the Red Roof Inn again. | 我又要落魄街头去找那些红顶的小旅馆了 |
[12:43] | Why don’t you… stay here? | 你为什么不 留下在我这里呢? |
[12:49] | Look, you were there for me | 看 你曾经帮助我 |
[12:50] | when I went through my rough patch, remember? | – 当我经历那些难受的时候 记得吗? – 是啊 |
[12:52] | Yeah. Yeah, I remember your rough patch. | 是啊 |
[12:55] | It lasted 3 1/2 years. | 我记得你的艰难时期 有三年半的时间 |
[13:00] | I wouldn’t mind the company. | 我不介意有个伴儿 |
[13:02] | – Are you sure? – It’s the least I can do. | 你确定吗? 这是我唯一能为你做的事情 |
[13:05] | I insist. | – 我坚持如此 |
[13:07] | All right, thanks. | – 好吧 谢谢了 |
[13:08] | Uh, come help me with my bags. | 哦 过来帮我拎一下包 |
[13:11] | Bags? You have more than one? | 包? 你有不止一包行李? |
[13:13] | Yeah, I got a suit bag and a few things in the car. | 是啊 有好几包 车上还有些东西 |
[13:16] | Shouldn’t be more than a few weeks. | 不过几个星期的 |
[13:17] | It’ll be fun. We’ll be roommates. | 我们会过的有意思的 我们会成为室友 |
[13:30] | I always have a glass of milk before bed. | – 我总是在睡觉前喝一杯牛奶 – 但那不是 |
[13:32] | – But that’s not… – Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[13:46] | Hell of a thing, the oldest man in the world. | 真是的 见鬼了 世界上最老的人 |
[13:49] | Randy had a theory. | Randall 有个想法 |
[13:51] | He thinks maybe the second oldest man in the world did it… | 他说可能世界上第二老的人做了这件案子 |
[13:53] | you know, to claim the title. | 来夺取这个名头 |
[13:55] | He actually looked into it. | – 他可真动了脑子 |
[13:56] | How did the killer get in? | – 凶手怎么进去的呢? |
[13:58] | There’s only one entrance. | 只有一个入口 |
[14:01] | You need a valid I.D. to get in. | 你得有 有效身份认证才能进去 |
[14:02] | Maybe somebody on staff… | 也许是内部员工? |
[14:05] | psycho nurse. | 变态护士? |
[14:07] | Did the old man have any money? | 这个老头有什么钱吗? |
[14:10] | Uh, yeah, there was a small insurance policy… under 10 grand. | 哦 这里有一小笔保险单 不超过一万元 |
[14:13] | What are you doing? I have a coaster. | 你在干什么 Monk? 我有一个杯垫了 |
[14:15] | I always put another one underneath. | 我总是放多一个在下面 它是个 |
[14:17] | It’s, uh, it’s like a backup. | 呃 像是备用的 |
[14:21] | Oh. Thank you. | – 谢谢你 – 受益人是谁? |
[14:22] | Who was the beneficiary? | – 谢谢你 – 受益人是谁? |
[14:25] | The old man’s son… Hiram Holling. | 老人的儿子 Hiram Hollings |
[14:27] | We’re going to talk to him tomorrow. | – 我们明天去和他谈谈 |
[14:29] | So… what do you think? | – 那么 你认为呢? |
[14:31] | Well, why ask me? | 嗯 |
[14:34] | My hippie wife’s a better cop than me. | 为什么问我? 我的嬉皮士妻子都是个比我还好的警察 |
[14:36] | Don’t say that. | 别这么说 |
[14:38] | Look, I don’t mind living in your shadow, Monk. | 你看 我不介意生活在你的阴影之下 |
[14:41] | – You’re a freak of nature. – Thank you. | – Monk 你是自然界的异类产物 – 谢谢你 |
[14:43] | But when Karen sees things that I miss, | 但是当Karen都发现那些我忽略了的地方 |
[14:46] | I might as well just hang it up. | 我或许也能一笑置之 |
[14:53] | Guess where I was today. | 你猜今天我上哪儿了? |
[14:56] | I was at the Leveroni grave site. | 我去了Foloni墓地 |
[14:58] | Do you remember that? | 你还记得吗? |
[15:00] | Oh, it was a hit-and-run five years ago. | 噢 五年前的驾车肇事逃逸事件 |
[15:02] | 17 years old, valedictorian, | 十七岁 |
[15:05] | killed three blocks from his house. | 在离家三个街区远的地方被杀死了 |
[15:08] | I always figured somebody would confess. | 我总是以为会有人认罪的 |
[15:10] | Yeah. Me too. | 啊 我也是这么想 |
[15:17] | I mean, how… how… | 我的意思是说 怎 |
[15:18] | How can somebody live with themselves, you know? | 怎么会有人 受得了自己做了那样的事情 你明白吗? |
[15:20] | I mean, you got to tell somebody. | 我是说 你一定得向某人承认才过得去 |
[15:22] | The urge to confess. | – 迫切需要的忏悔 |
[15:23] | It’s a cop’s best friend. | – 对啊 这就是警察的最好帮手了 |
[15:29] | What are you doing? I like it like this. | – 你在干嘛? – 我喜欢它像这样摆 |
[15:31] | – It’s crooked. – I know. | – 这样就歪了 – 没有 |
[15:35] | Monk | Monk? |
[15:37] | The whole house is laid out at right angles… | 整个房子里的东西 都摆正了 |
[15:39] | Everything except this table. | 所有的东西 除了那张桌子 |
[15:43] | You want to tell me why? | 你能告诉我为什么吗? |
[15:46] | Unh-unh. | 呃 呃 |
[15:49] | Here. | 给 |
[15:50] | I found an alarm clock, captain. | 我找到了一个闹钟 警官 |
[15:53] | You can stop calling me captain. | 你可以不要叫我警官了吗 |
[15:55] | You might have noticed I’m out of uniform. | 你可能注意到了我没有穿制服了 |
[15:58] | Okay, uh… | 好 |
[16:00] | Leland. | 呃 |
[16:02] | Do you, Leland, need anything else? | 你 Leland 还需要别的什么吗? |
[16:06] | No. I’m fine. | 不 我很好 |
[16:09] | Thank you. Good night. | 谢谢你 晚安 |
[16:12] | – 7:53? – Uh-huh. | 7:53 呃 嗯 |
[16:15] | Why don’t you just say 8:00? | 为什么不 为什么不干脆弄成8:00呢 |
[16:21] | 8:00 is too late. | 8:00太晚了 |
[16:23] | But it’s a nice round number. 8-0-0. | 但是它是个很好的整数 |
[16:31] | Monk, how important is this to you? | Monk 这对你来说是多重要的一件大事吗? |
[16:33] | I mean, on a scale from 1 to 10? | 我是说 从一到十的这么个范围里面? |
[16:35] | I’d say it’s about an 8. | 我是说 是个8 |
[16:37] | 0 0 8-0-0. | |
[16:39] | How about 7:00? 7:00. | 那么7点怎么样 |
[16:41] | 7:00 7:00 7-0-0. | |
[16:43] | 7:00 is too early. | – 7:00太早了 – 你可以用打盹钟点 |
[16:45] | You could use the snooze alarm six times. | 前后响六次 好吧 这可行不通 我还是去旅馆吧 |
[16:49] | Okay, this isn’t working. I’m going to go to the motel. | 不 不 不 不 |
[16:52] | No! No, no, no. Look, just… you can’t go. | 不 不 不 不你看 你只是 你不能走 |
[16:55] | You were there for me. I owe you. | 你曾经帮过我 我欠你的 好吗? |
[16:57] | I’m gonna make this work. | 我一定得让它行的通好了 |
[16:59] | Okay, 7:53. Odd number. No problem. | 7:53 奇数没问题 |
[17:03] | Okay, I’m an adult, all right? Odd number. | 对吗? 我是个理智的 成年人了没问题吗?奇数? |
[17:07] | – Good night. – No big deal. Good night. | – 晚安 |
[17:15] | Mm… | 没什么大不了的 – 晚安 |
[17:27] | Okay. I’ll tell you what I’m going to do. | 好吧 我告诉你我要怎么做 |
[17:32] | I’m setting the alarm to 8:00. | 我把闹钟调到8:00 |
[17:36] | 8-0-0. Are you happy? | – 明白了吗? |
[17:39] | Yeah. | – 是的 |
[17:41] | Now, I’m setting the clock | 现在我在调较闹钟 |
[17:43] | ahead seven minutes, | 往前7分钟 |
[17:46] | so really I’ll be getting up at 7:53. | 所以 实际上我会在7:53起床 |
[17:51] | Now we’re both happy. | 现在我们都高兴了 |
[17:53] | Yeah, but… | 是 |
[17:54] | You come in here again, Monk, | 不过 |
[17:56] | and I’ll shoot you. | 你再进来的话我就拿枪崩你 |
[18:00] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[18:06] | Did Leland send you? | Leland 叫你来的吗? |
[18:09] | No. | 不 |
[18:10] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[18:12] | I didn’t even tell Adrian I was coming. | 我甚至没有告诉Adrian |
[18:14] | Ahh… | 就来了 |
[18:16] | You okay? | – 你没事吧? |
[18:19] | It’s called Bikram yoga. You should try it. | – 这叫比克兰瑜咖 – |
[18:22] | Looks pretty painful. | 你也应该试试看 – 看起来很难受 |
[18:24] | It’s supposed to be. | 就是要这样 |
[18:26] | No pain, no gain. | 没有痛苦 没有收获 |
[18:29] | I have a different motto… | 我又一句不同的座右铭不受苦? |
[18:31] | No pain, what’s the catch? | 又有什么好处吗? |
[18:35] | Um, you know, I hope you don’t mind that I came over here, | 喂 你知道 我 我希望你不介意我过来这边 |
[18:39] | but your husband is staying over at Adrian’s house, | 只是 你的丈夫住在Adrian 的家里 |
[18:43] | and they’re driving each other crazy. | 他们互相都把对方要逼疯了 |
[18:45] | Well, tell Adrian Monk “welcome to my world.” | 啊 告诉Adrian 欢迎来到我的世界里住 |
[18:49] | You know, neither one of them got any sleep last night. | 你知道吗 他们两个昨天晚上都没有睡成觉 |
[18:51] | Adrian’s back at my place taking a nap. | Adrian 跑到我的地方来打了个盹 |
[18:54] | Sharona, I don’t know what you want me to say here. | 我不知道你想要我在这里说些什么呢 |
[18:56] | I mean, Leland is impossible. Nobody could live with him. | 我是说 Leland不可救药了 没人能够跟他住 |
[18:59] | You know, the department has counseling services. | 你知道吗 部里有咨询服务 |
[19:02] | Well, we tried therapy. It lasted for three weeks. | 我们去试了试什么疗法 持续了大约三个星期 |
[19:05] | You see, Leland does not respect the process. | 你明白吗 Leland 并不在意那个过程 |
[19:07] | He doesn’t respect me. That’s the bottom line. | 他也不在意我 这已经是底线了 |
[19:10] | Karen, that is not true. He is so proud of you. | Karen 这不是真的 他那么以你为荣 |
[19:12] | He talks about you all the time. | 他总是把你挂在嘴边 |
[19:14] | Do you know that he still has not seen my movie? | 你知道他还没有看过我拍的片子吗? |
[19:17] | The one that I made about Miles Holling, | 那个我做的关子Miles Hollings的片子 |
[19:19] | and it won best documentary, honorable mention. | 知道它赢得了 最佳纪录片提名奖了吗? |
[19:22] | Well, he’s busy. | – 啊 |
[19:23] | It’s 65 minutes long. How busy could he be? | 他大忙了 – 只不过65分钟长的片子他能有多忙? |
[19:26] | Here. | 给 |
[19:33] | 5Would you like to see it? | 你—你会想看吗? |
[19:36] | Sure. | 当然 |
[19:38] | And I promise you, he’s gonna see it, too. | 我保证他也会看的 |
[19:43] | Last night, midnight, | 昨晚 午夜 |
[19:46] | I get up and use the bathroom. | 我起来去洗手间 |
[19:48] | Five minutes later, I hear him. | 五分钟后 我听见了他 |
[19:50] | He’s in there cleaning. | 他在做清洁 |
[19:52] | An hour and a half. | – 大概1点半吧 |
[19:54] | Jeez. | – 天哪 |
[19:55] | It kind of makes a guy self-conscious. | 几乎可以把一个男人吓得半死 |
[19:58] | Well, you could stay with me, sir. | 啊 你可以和我一起住 长官 |
[20:00] | I have TiVo. | 我有两间房 |
[20:01] | No. No, I couldn’t leave now. | 不 不 |
[20:04] | It’d hurt his feelings. | 我现在不能走 会伤害他的感情 |
[20:05] | He thinks he owes me because I held his hand when Trudy died. | 他觉得欠了我的 因为Trudy死的时候是我帮了他一把 |
[20:10] | That’s my new full-time job… | 这是我的新全职工作 |
[20:12] | Not hurting people’s feelings. | 保护人们的感情 |
[20:14] | My father was 114. | 我父亲114岁 |
[20:18] | Now, that is old, | 看起来他是很老了 |
[20:20] | but it is still too young. | 可还是走得太 太早了 |
[20:23] | Do you understand? | – 你明白吗? |
[20:24] | Yes, sir. | – 是的 先生 |
[20:25] | If you find that bastard, do me one favor. | 如果你捉住那个混蛋 帮个忙 |
[20:29] | I want five minutes alone with him in the room. | 再给我五分钟时间单独和他来在房间里 |
[20:32] | When was the last time you saw your father? | 你什么时候最后一次见到你父亲? |
[20:35] | Two months. Unless you mean on the TV. | 两个月前 除非你是说在电视上见到他 |
[20:38] | Oh, they used him a lot on the TV. | 哦 他们在电视上弄了很多关于他的东西 |
[20:41] | He wrote a book. | 他写了一本书 |
[20:43] | They even put it in a time capsule. | 还被放进了时间胶囊里面 |
[20:45] | Did your father have any enemies? | – 你父亲有什么敌人吗 – |
[20:47] | Oh, no, not unless you’re talking about the phone calls. | 不 除非你 你是说那些电话 |
[20:52] | The phone calls? | – 电话? – |
[20:53] | Yeah, they started about a few weeks ago. | 是啊 大约 两个星期以前开始的 |
[20:56] | Somebody started calling my daddy in the middle of the night, at all hours. | 有人开始在半夜打电话给我爸爸 – |
[21:01] | What did they say? | 天天都打 – 他们说什么? |
[21:03] | “You’re a dead man. | 你是个死人哦 |
[21:05] | I’m gonna kill you.” | 我要杀了你 |
[21:08] | Pull the phone records. | 查找电话纪录哦 |
[21:10] | Oh, I do hope you find that bastard. | 我真的希望你们能抓到那个混蛋 |
[21:14] | 114. | |
[21:16] | Now, that’s old, but it’s still too young, | 看起来他是很老了 可还是走得太 太早了 |
[21:21] | you know what I mean? | 你明白我的意思吗? |
[21:23] | He was still my daddy, | 他还是我的爸爸 |
[21:27] | and I was still his baby! | 我还是他的宝贝 |
[21:35] | Captain, I’m home. | 队长 我回来了 |
[21:38] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[21:43] | I was just cleaning up. | – 我会清理干净得 |
[21:45] | I-I’ll do that. | – 我来 我会做的 |
[21:47] | I got it. | – 我来吧 – 请你 请 让 |
[21:49] | Please, please. Let… uh, I’ll do it. | 我 我 |
[21:50] | I got it. | 我 来吧 不 |
[21:52] | No, please. Please. | 求你了 – |
[21:55] | Okay. | 求你 – 好吧 |
[21:57] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[22:01] | – How was your day? – My day was good. | – 你今天过的还好吗? – 我过得不错 |
[22:03] | I picked the boys up from school, | 我去学校接孩子们放学 |
[22:05] | bought them some pizza. | – 给他们买了比萨饼 |
[22:07] | Oh. Good. How are they? | – 哦 他们好吗? |
[22:10] | They’re doing great. Thank you. | – 很不错 |
[22:11] | Good. | 谢谢你 – 很好 |
[22:12] | Randy and I tracked down Hiram Holling, | Randall和我去查了一下Hiram Hollings |
[22:14] | the old man’s 83-year-old baby boy. | 那个老人的83岁宝贝男孩 |
[22:17] | Yeah? Anything there? | 是吗? 有什么线索吗? |
[22:19] | Apparently Miles Holling was receiving phone calls last week. | 很明显 Miles Hollings上星期 一直收到恐吓电话 |
[22:22] | Late at night. Somebody was trying to scare him. | 深夜 |
[22:27] | Wow. | 有人想吓唬他 |
[22:30] | What’s that? | – 那是什么? |
[22:31] | New shower head. | – 哦 新的冰浴喷头 |
[22:33] | This way we both have our own. | 这样我们就都有自己的了 |
[22:41] | Oh, and, um, Sharona gave me this. | 哦 呢 Sharona给了我这个 |
[22:48] | Karen’s movie. | – Karen的片子 |
[22:50] | Sharona says you have to watch it. | – Sharona说 – |
[22:53] | I’ve tried. Three times. | 你必须得看 – 我试过了 |
[22:55] | When I watch it, all I can think of is | 看了3次 当我看它的时候 我所能想到的就是 |
[22:58] | it cost 45 grand. | 它花了四万五千元 |
[23:01] | It was either this, or a cabin cruiser… | 拍一部这样的片子花钱 或者可以在游艇上住宿游览 |
[23:04] | 32-foot. Fiberglass. 150 horsepower. | 32英尺 玻璃钢的 150马力的 |
[23:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[23:10] | Well, we talked about it, and we decided to make the movie. | 啊 我们谈过了 然后决定做这个片子 |
[23:13] | Yeah. The table. | 啊 桌子 |
[23:16] | What is with you and that table? | – 你到底跟那桌子有什么仇啊? |
[23:18] | It has to be like this. | – 必须这样摆才行 |
[23:21] | These are the phone records? | – 这些是电话记录吗? – |
[23:22] | Yeah. Yeah, we traced those. | 是啊 啊 我们已经追踪过这个了 |
[23:24] | They were made from a phone booth at the Amtrak station. | 是从美铁车站的一个电话亭里面打的 |
[23:27] | – It’s a bust. – What about these? | – 真是个打击 – 这些呢? |
[23:29] | They just sent those over. | 他们刚刚送过来的 |
[23:31] | Employment records from the nursing home. | 疗养院的员工纪录 |
[23:33] | We got time cards and sign-in sheets. | 我们有时间卡和签到纪录 |
[23:36] | – That’s strange. – What is? | 太奇怪了 – 什么? – 啊 这个 这个是保安 George Lou 看看这个签名 |
[23:39] | This security guard… George Rowe. | |
[23:42] | Look at the signatures. | |
[23:44] | This is Monday, the day of the murder. | 这是周一的 案发当天的 |
[23:46] | These two are from last week. | 这两个是上周的 |
[23:49] | Yeah, that’s a pretty good match. | – 很相似啊 |
[23:50] | Not the handwriting. | – 不是笔迹 看看周一的 |
[23:52] | Look at Monday. He misspelled his name. | – 他拼错名字了 |
[23:54] | Son of a bitch. | – 狗娘养的 |
[23:57] | How did I miss that? | 我怎么没看到那个? |
[24:02] | What is wrong with me?! | 我出什么毛病了? |
[24:07] | I should just quit. | 我应该辞职了 |
[24:09] | I wonder if Home Depot is hiring. | – 我想知道机务有没有在招人 |
[24:11] | It’s just a slump. It happens. | – 这只是一次失手罢了 – |
[24:13] | Not to you. | 常有的事啊 – 对你可不常有 |
[24:14] | I didn’t leave my house for 3 1/2 years… | 有三年半我没有离开过家 |
[24:16] | The slump of the century. | 本世纪最大的衰退 |
[24:24] | You know when it started? | 你知道这是什么时候开始的吗? |
[24:27] | That hit-and-run. The Leveroni kid. | 从那次撞人逃逸的案子开始的 那个叫Foloni的小孩 |
[24:30] | That was the case. | 就是那个案子 |
[24:32] | That’s when I went off the tracks. | 就是那里我开始走下坡路了 |
[24:34] | After that, I was never really able to focus again. | 那之后我再也没有能够真正集中过 |
[24:36] | You know it? | 你知道吗? |
[24:39] | Of course you know it. You know every damn thing. | 你当然知道 见鬼 什么都瞒不过你 |
[24:42] | Mr. Rowe, open up. It’s the police. | Lou先生 开门 我们是警察 |
[24:50] | It’s kind of messy in there. It could’ve been a fight. | 这里有点乱 可能有打斗发生过 |
[24:53] | Is that probable cause? Probably. | – 那是个可能的原因吗? – 很可能 |
[24:56] | – Probably probable cause? | |
[24:58] | That’s good enough for me. | 很可能的可能原因? |
[25:00] | George Rowe? | – 对我来说已经足够了 |
[25:03] | Hello? | 有人吗? |
[25:05] | Police. | 警察 |
[25:07] | Mr. Rowe? | Lou先生 |
[25:15] | Monk, don’t touch anything. This isn’t our house. | Monk 什么也别碰 这不是我们的房子 |
[25:18] | Jesus, did I just say “our house”? | 上帝 我刚刚是说 我们的房子 吗? |
[25:25] | – Oh! – What? What? What? | 哦 – 什么 什么 什么 什么? – 蛇 蛇 蛇 蛇 有一条 |
[25:27] | Snake! Snake, snake, snake on the loose. | |
[25:29] | Snake. Over there. | Snake. – 蛇 那里 蛇 |
[25:31] | Okay, easy. It’s all right. | 蛇没事 – 好了 好了 放轻松 |
[25:33] | Snake on the loose. Out of the box. Out of the box. | – 没事的 – 出来了 蛇从盒子里爬出来了 |
[25:35] | He’s on the prowl. | – 他只是在巡游 – |
[25:36] | It’s all right. Come on, buddy. | 没事的 来吧 伙计 |
[25:38] | There you go. There you go! | 去吧 进去 |
[25:41] | He’s heading uptown. He’s heading uptown! | 他要上来了他要上来了 |
[25:44] | All right. Come on. | – 好了 来吧 |
[25:46] | You’re losing him. | 伙计 – 走了 他要溜了 |
[25:47] | – In you go. Whoa! – You’re losing him. | – 来吧 好了 – 哇哦 你要让他逃了 |
[25:50] | Shut it, shut it, shut it. Just shut it, shut it. | 射死它 射死它 射死它快射死它 射死它 |
[25:52] | Shut. | 射 射 |
[25:54] | Shut, shut, shut! | 射 射 |
[25:56] | Man, don’t soil your pants. | 小心 别弄脏你的裤子 |
[25:59] | If you do, you’re on your own. | – 如果你弄脏了 就全靠你自己了 |
[26:00] | Look at this. What? | – 看这个 – |
[26:02] | Feeding schedule. | 什么? – 喂养日程 |
[26:04] | Curl Larry Monn “Curly, Larry, Moe.” | |
[26:07] | Clever. | 聪明 |
[26:10] | There’s Curly… | 那是Curl |
[26:13] | Larry, and… | Larry 和 |
[26:20] | What? What? What? | – 什么?什么?什么? – 哦 |
[26:22] | What is wrong with you? | – 你又怎么了? |
[26:23] | – Where’s Moe? – Who’s Moe? | – Monn在哪里? |
[26:25] | Moe the snake. He’s loose. He’s missing. | – 谁是Monn? – Monn 那条蛇跑了 他不见了 |
[26:27] | How do you know it’s Moe? It might be Curly. | – 你怎么知道是Monn? 可能是Curl |
[26:28] | Fine, it’s Curly! Where the hell is Curly? | – 那好 就是Curl |
[26:30] | – Maybe Curly’s dead. – No, no, no, no, no. | – 见鬼Curl到底在哪里? – 也许Curl死了 不 不 不 不 不 不 喂养日程一直延续到上周五 |
[26:33] | No, the feeding schedule goes up to last Friday. | |
[26:36] | He’s… he’s loose. He’s somewhere in the house. | 他 他 他跑了 他在这房子的某处 |
[26:40] | Come… C-Come on up here. It’s plenty strong. | 来 上来 到上面来 它很强的 |
[26:43] | I’m not getting on the table with you, Monk. | 我才不和你一起到桌子上 Monk |
[26:45] | I thought you were afraid of heights. | – 我以为你恐高 |
[26:47] | Snakes trump heights. | – 恐蛇症比恐高症厉害 |
[26:48] | It goes germs, needles, milk, death, snakes, | 顺序是这样的 细菌 针 牛奶 死亡 |
[26:51] | mushrooms, heights, crowds, elevators. | 蛇 蘑菇 高度 人群 电梯 |
[26:54] | Okay, I don’t need the entire list. | 不用一一告诉我了 |
[26:56] | Why don’t you wait outside? Come on. | 要不你出去等? |
[26:57] | – Carry me. – What? | – 抱我? – 什么? |
[27:00] | Carry me. Please? | 抱我出去 求你 |
[27:02] | – No. – Please. | – 不 不 – 求你 求你 |
[27:04] | Monk, I’m not gonna carry you. | – Monk 我不会抱你的 |
[27:05] | Okay. I’ll stay here. I’m fine. | – 好吧 我就来在这儿 我没事 |
[27:07] | – Can I have your gun? – No. | – 我可以拿你的枪吗? – 不行 |
[27:09] | Not unless you plan on using it on yourself. | – 不 |
[27:11] | Maybe I will. | 除非你想把它用在自己身上 – 也许我会的 |
[27:13] | Oh! I found him. | – 哦 |
[27:15] | Kill it! Shoot it! | 我找到他了 – 杀了它 |
[27:17] | Kill! Shoot! Kill it! | 射死它 杀射 杀了它 |
[27:19] | It’s not the snake. | – 不是蛇 – |
[27:20] | Just shoot it! Kill it! | 杀了它 只要射死它 杀 |
[27:22] | I found George Rowe. | 我找到了George Lou |
[27:28] | Adrian, you can’t just sit in here. | Adrian ?你就坐在这里? |
[27:31] | You’re on the job. | 你在工作 |
[27:33] | The crime scene’s inside. | 犯罪现场在里面是啊 |
[27:34] | Yeah, so’s Curly. | Curl也在里面 |
[27:37] | Who’s Curly? | – Curl是谁啊? |
[27:38] | The snake. Curly or Moe… | – 是条蛇 |
[27:40] | We’re not sure. | Curl或者Monn 我们不能确定 |
[27:44] | Hey, there’s your roommate. | 嘿 你的室友在那里是啊 |
[27:46] | – Yeah. – How’s that working out? | – 你们相处的怎么样? |
[27:49] | I’m not sleeping. I’m all stressed out. | – 我没有睡觉 |
[27:53] | I’m thinking about going to a hotel. | 我 我受不了了 我在想出去酒店里住 |
[27:55] | Why don’t you? | – 你为什么没有呢? |
[27:56] | I don’t want to hurt his feelings. | – 我不想伤害他的感情 |
[27:58] | Hey, Monk. We got him. He was under the couch. | 嘿 Monk 我们捉到它了 |
[28:02] | Come on, I need you in there. | 它在沙发下面 好了 我需要你帮忙进来看看 |
[28:03] | I can’t figure out if the perp and the victim knew each other or not. | 我想搞清楚罪犯和受害者是否认识对方 |
[28:06] | – Show me the snake. – What? | – 给我看看那条蛇 – 什么? |
[28:09] | – The bag’s empty. – No, it’s not. | – 袋子是空的 – 不 不是 |
[28:12] | Show me the snake. | 给我看看 |
[28:21] | All right, the bag’s empty. Come on, I need you in there. | 好吧 袋子是空的 快进来吧 我需要你帮忙 |
[28:23] | You don’t need me inside. | 不用我进去 |
[28:26] | The killer was a stranger. | 杀手是个陌生人 |
[28:27] | He’d never been in this house before. | 他以前从来没有来过这个房子 |
[28:30] | You can tell that from here? | – 你在这里就知道? |
[28:32] | He broke three panels in that door. | – 他弄坏了那个门上的三道板子 |
[28:34] | Then he reached in and opened the lock. What does that prove? | 是啊 对 然后他冲进来 打开了锁 这又证明了什么呢? |
[28:37] | But he broke three panels. | 他打破了三道板子 |
[28:38] | He wasn’t sure where the lock was. | 他不知道锁道底在哪里 |
[28:42] | We’re looking for a stranger. Pass it on. | 我们在找的是个陌生人 放出消息去 |
[28:45] | Yes, sir. | – 是 |
[28:47] | What time will you be home? | 长官 – 你什么时候回家? |
[28:48] | Huh? | – 哈? – 你想你大概什么时候会回家呢? |
[28:49] | What time do you think you’ll be home? | – 哈? – 你想你大概什么时候会回家呢? |
[28:51] | I don’t know. | 我不知道我在想做一锅炖肉 |
[28:53] | Because I was thinking of making a pot roast, | |
[28:55] | but I need an approximate time. | 但我需要很长时间 |
[28:59] | I don’t know, Monk. I’ll call you. | – 我不知道 |
[29:00] | – Okay, but don’t forget. – I won’t forget. | Monk 我会给你电话的 – |
[29:03] | That’s what you said yesterday. | 好 别忘了 |
[29:07] | Shut up. | 我不会忘的 你昨天就是这么说的 闭嘴 |
[29:11] | Good morning. | 早上好 长官 你没事吗? |
[29:13] | Sir, are you okay? | 长官 你没事吗? |
[29:18] | He was cleaning again. | 他又在清洁了 |
[29:21] | – Until 3:00 a.m. – Jesus. | – 直到凌晨3:00 – 噢 上帝 |
[29:27] | I love my wife. | 我爱我的妻子 |
[29:29] | I have never loved her or missed her more. | 我从没有这么爱她 |
[29:36] | What do you got? | 想念她 你有什么线索? |
[29:38] | Maybe this is a bad time. | – 也许这不是时候 – 哦 不没事的 |
[29:40] | Oh, no. No, no. I need to work. | 不 不 我需要工作 |
[29:44] | It’s all I have. What do you got? | 我也只剩下工作了 |
[29:46] | All right, here’s the question. | 你有什么线索 好吧 |
[29:48] | Who would murder the oldest man in the world? | 提问 谁会谋杀世界上最老的人呢? |
[29:51] | I know what the question is, Randy. | – 我知道这是个问题 Randall |
[29:53] | Okay, look at this. | – 好了 看看这个 |
[29:54] | Book of world records. | 世界纪录大全 |
[29:58] | Enrico Palamo. | 恩 Rickle |
[30:00] | He was Italian. He collected yarn. | Parama 他是意大利人 |
[30:02] | He made the world’s biggest ball of yarn. | 他收集纱线 他制造了世界上最大的纱线球 |
[30:06] | He was murdered three years ago. Still unsolved. | 他三年前被谋杀了 此案悬而未破 |
[30:09] | Well, maybe the world’s biggest kitty cat did that. | 啊 也许是世界上最大的猫咪干的 |
[30:11] | I think we might have a serial killer on our hands. | 我想我们手上的也许是个连环杀手 |
[30:13] | Oh, God. | – 哦 上帝 |
[30:15] | Somebody is killing world record holders one at a time. | – 有人在杀世界纪录的保持者 一次一个 |
[30:19] | You think we ought to warn the fat twins on the motorcycles? | 你认为我们应该警告机车双肥小心谋杀吗? |
[30:22] | Maybe we ought to put a 24-hour guard | 还是 等啊 等啊 等啊 |
[30:24] | on the guy with the beard of bees. | 我们应该对那个蜜蜂胡子的家伙 实施24小时保护吗? |
[30:27] | I can never tell when you’re being sarcastic. | 我从不知道你开始变得会讽刺人了 |
[30:30] | I’m being sarcastic, Randy. Get the book outta here. | 我就是要讽刺人一下 Randall 把书拿出去 |
[30:34] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[31:02] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[31:07] | Monk! | |
[31:10] | I just vacuumed that. | 我刚刚吸过了 |
[31:12] | I know. | 我知道 |
[31:15] | I’m trying to help out. I’m trying to do my share. | 我在尽力帮忙 在努力做我的那份活儿 |
[31:18] | I know. No problem. | 我知道 没事的 |
[31:21] | Just finishing up. | 停下 干完了 地毯是干净的了 |
[31:22] | It’s finished! The rug is clean. | 停下 干完了 地毯是干净的了 |
[31:25] | I know. | 我知道 |
[31:27] | Then what’s the problem? | 那么还有什么问题呢? |
[31:31] | The lines in the carpet. | 毯子中间的缝隙 |
[31:33] | See? | 看见吗? |
[31:34] | You went on a diagonal. | 你是按对角线做的 |
[31:37] | I like to make a grid. | 我喜欢按格子的方向做 |
[31:38] | It’s no big deal. | 没什么大不了的 |
[31:52] | You win. | – 你赢了 |
[31:53] | – I give up. – Excuse me? | 我放弃 – 你说什么? |
[31:57] | You know what I’m going to do? | 你知道我要干什么吗? |
[32:01] | First thing in the morning, | 早上起来第一件事情我要给梵蒂冈打电话 |
[32:03] | I’m going to call the Vatican, | 早上起来第一件事情我要给梵蒂冈打电话 |
[32:04] | and I’m going to nominate your late wife Trudy for sainthood! | 我要提名你的前妻Trudy的圣人资格 |
[32:08] | Because you are impossible! | 因为你是如此不可救药 |
[32:11] | The lines… | 那些线条 |
[32:13] | they’re all diagonal! | 他们都是 对角的 |
[32:15] | I have to live here! | – 我得在这里住下去 |
[32:17] | Forget about the rug! | – 忘了什么毯子的事儿吧 |
[32:19] | This is not about the rug! | 这不关毯子的事情 |
[32:23] | You know what you are? | 你知道你是什么人吗? |
[32:25] | Do you know what you are? | 你知道你是什么人吗? |
[32:26] | You’re the world’s best marriage counselor. | 你是世界上最好的婚姻咨询者 |
[32:29] | You could save every marriage in California. | 你能够拯救加利福尼亚的任何婚姻 |
[32:32] | All people have to do is live with you for two days. | 人们要做的只是和你一起住两天 |
[32:35] | Two days! | 两天 然后他们再也不会抱怨他们的伴侣了 |
[32:36] | And they’d never complain about their spouse again. | 两天 然后他们再也不会抱怨他们的伴侣了 |
[32:39] | What… what are you doing? | 你在干什么 干什么呢? |
[32:40] | I am going home. | 我回家 |
[32:42] | I’m going to beg Karen to take me back. | 我会求Karen 原谅我让我回去 |
[32:44] | I’m going to beg her to take me back. | 我会求她让我回去 我要告诉她我已经不同了 |
[32:46] | I am going to tell her I am a different man, and I will not be lying. | 而且 我不是撒谎的 |
[32:50] | She won’t take you back. | 她不会让你回去的 |
[32:52] | You haven’t seen her movie yet. | 你还没有看她的片子呢 |
[32:56] | When I am dead, my dearest… | 当我死去 我最亲爱的 |
[33:01] | Sing no sad songs for me. | 不要为我唱悲伤的歌 |
[33:05] | Plant thou no roses at my head. | 也不要在我的头顶种上玫瑰花 |
[33:09] | And if thou wilt, remember… | 如果你愿意 记住 |
[33:11] | And if thou wilt, forget. | 如果你愿意 忘怀 |
[33:22] | How are you feeling today, Miles? | 你今天觉得怎么样 Miles? |
[33:25] | Not bad for an old bastard. | 对一个老混蛋来说已经不错了 |
[33:27] | Next week, I’ll be 110 years old. | 下星期我就110岁了 |
[33:30] | I’m the oldest man in the world. | 我是世界上最老的人了 |
[33:33] | That means I win. | 就是说我赢了 |
[33:36] | I don’t know what I win, | 我不知道我赢了什么 |
[33:38] | but I win. | 但是我赢了 |
[33:43] | This time capsule is a message in a bottle… | 这个时间胶囊将是个瓶子里的信息 |
[33:46] | A big metallic vacuum-packed bottle… | 一个巨大的金属真空瓶子 |
[33:49] | For our children’s children’s children. | 留给我们孩子的孩子的孩子 |
[33:52] | Ah, I see our guest of honor is arriving. | 哦 我看见我们的荣誉嘉宾来了 |
[33:55] | 100 years from now, | 从现在开始 |
[33:57] | future generations can read copies of the “Malden Gazette.” | 一百年后 我们的后代将会解读麦尔登的今天 |
[34:01] | Oh! | 哦 |
[34:03] | Oh, wait. | 啊 等等 |
[34:05] | I’ve written a letter to future generations, | 我写了一封信给后代子孙的 |
[34:07] | and I’ve asked my family and staff to do the same. | 我也让我的家人和职员做了同样的事情 |
[34:10] | Why don’t we drop them in now? | 为什么现在不放进去呢? |
[34:13] | And finally, I have asked Malden’s most famous resident… | 最后 |
[34:15] | Give me that. | 我请了麦尔登最著名的公民 |
[34:16] | …Miles Holling to write his life story. | Miles Hollings先生写下他的人生故事 |
[34:19] | We’re going to include a copy of it. | 我也要把它的副本放进去而且我承诺 |
[34:21] | And I make you this promise… | |
[34:22] | If you live another five years and I’m still in office, | 如果你还能活下去5年那时我还在任的话 |
[34:25] | we’re going to dig this baby up | 我们要把这个宝贝挖出来 |
[34:27] | and add another chapter to your book. | 再给你的书加上一章 |
[34:28] | – What do you think… See you in five years? | |
[34:30] | It’s a date! | 你觉得怎样?五年后见? – |
[34:34] | What are you doing? | 约定了 |
[34:36] | What are you… What are you doing? | 你在干什么? 你在干什么? |
[34:38] | You’re rewinding? We were almost done! | 你在倒带 我们差不多都看完了啊 |
[34:46] | What do you think… see you in five years? | – 你觉得怎样?五年后见? |
[34:48] | It’s a date! | – 约定了 |
[34:49] | Monk, I’m going to say something I’ve wanted to say for a long time. | Monk 我要说一些我很久以前就想说的话 |
[34:53] | What is it? | 是什么? |
[34:56] | I just solved the case. | 我刚刚解决了这个案子 |
[35:01] | Hi, hello again. The mayor will be right with you. | 嗨 你好 又见面了市长马上就来了 |
[35:04] | Actually, Dennis, we came to talk to you. | 实际上 Dennis 我们是来和你谈谈的 |
[35:07] | Oh? | – 哦? – 在1998年12月10日 |
[35:08] | On December 10, 1998, | – 哦? – 在1998年12月10日 |
[35:10] | the day that they buried the time capsule, | 他们埋下了时间胶囊的那天 |
[35:13] | you were driving a rental car, weren’t you? | 你在开着你的一辆租来的车 对吗? |
[35:15] | – Mm-hmm. – I think that’s strange, | – 恩 恩 – 我觉得很奇怪 |
[35:17] | you driving a rental car in your own town. | – 你在自己住的城里租车 |
[35:18] | Oh, well, it was a special occasion. | – 哦 那时有个特殊情况 |
[35:20] | I wanted to arrive in something nice. What’s this about? | 我得开车去个很不错得地方 这怎么了? |
[35:23] | It’s about Darren Leveroni. Do you remember him? | 是关于Dalen Foloni你记得他吗? |
[35:25] | Oh. Oh, yeah. Of course I do. | 哦 哦 是 我当然记得 |
[35:27] | Your car… the one you didn’t drive that day… | 你的车 你那天没开的车 |
[35:30] | Was it a sky-blue Oldsmobile Cutlass sedan? | 是一辆天蓝色的奥兹莫比尔 |
[35:33] | Oh, well, that was a long time ago. | 哦 啊 |
[35:34] | Um, I think so. | 那是很久之前的事情了呢 我想是的 |
[35:36] | A witness saw a blue Oldsmobile | 目击者见到一辆蓝色奥兹莫比尔车 |
[35:37] | leaving the scene of the hit-and-run. | 离开撞车逃逸事件现场 |
[35:39] | Now, I remember I requested a list | 我记得我从DMY要了一份登记车主的名单 |
[35:41] | of registered owners from the DMV. | |
[35:43] | That list came through your office, | 那份名单通过你的办公室来的 |
[35:45] | but your name wasn’t on it. | 但是你的名字不在上面 |
[35:46] | Can you explain that, sir? | – 你可以解释一下吗 先生? – 我不知道 – 看漏眼了?书记员失职? – 那部车现在在哪里 Gemmill先生? |
[35:48] | I don’t know. Oversight, clerical error? | |
[35:51] | Where is that car today, Mr. Gammill? | |
[35:53] | It was stolen. I reported it. | – 被盗了 |
[35:55] | Pretty convenient. | 这件事我已经报告了 – 对你非常有利 |
[35:57] | A short time later, you joined alcoholics anonymous, didn’t you? | 不久你加入了匿名酗酒者戒酒行列 是吗? |
[36:00] | – Oh, I can’t believe this. – I can’t believe it, either. | – 我真不敢相信 – 我也不敢相信 我不敢相信我忽略了这一点 |
[36:02] | – I can’t believe I missed it. – Do you have a warrant? | – 你有法庭授权书吗? – 没有 |
[36:04] | – No. – I didn’t think so. | 我也没以为你会有 你不能证明任何事情 不是吗? |
[36:05] | You can’t prove any of this, can you? | 我也没以为你会有 你不能证明任何事情 不是吗? |
[36:07] | I’m not saying another word. Here… | 我不会再说多一个字了 给 |
[36:10] | My lawyer. Talk to him. | 和我的律师谈吧 |
[36:12] | Sorry I’m late. What did I miss? | – 抱歉我来晚了 我错过了什么吗? |
[36:14] | Nothing. Nothing. They were just leaving. | – 没有 没什么 他们就要走了 |
[36:18] | This isn’t over. | – 还没完呢 |
[36:20] | Bye-bye. | – 再见 |
[36:28] | What? | 什么? |
[36:36] | Hi. Uh, excuse me. | 嗨 |
[36:38] | Uh, you remember us? | 抱歉 你还记得我们吗? |
[36:39] | – What the hell do you want? – Did you forget something? | – 你们到底想干什么? – 你忘了什么东西吗? |
[36:42] | Yes, I did. What happened to your wrist? | 是的 我忘了 你的手腕怎么了? |
[36:45] | What? | 什么? |
[36:48] | Looks like a snake bite. | 看上去象是蛇咬的 |
[36:51] | There was a snake loose when the security guard was killed. | 那个保安死的时候有一条蛇跑了 |
[36:54] | Good old Curly. | – 那个Curl – 或者是Monn |
[36:55] | Or Moe… It could have been Moe. | – 可能是Monn – |
[36:57] | Oh, this… this is insane. | 哦 这 这真是疯狂 |
[36:58] | First you accuse me of a 5-year-old hit-and-run, | 首先 你们俩指控我5年前犯有肇事逃逸罪 |
[37:00] | now I gather you’re saying I killed some security guard. | 现在 我又发现 你说我杀了什么保安 |
[37:03] | Well, make up your mind, boys. Which is it? | 好了 决定吧 伙计们 哪一个是 |
[37:05] | Both, actually. Mr. Mayor, uh, we… | 两个都是 事实上 市长先生 呢 我们 |
[37:08] | We would like your permission to dig up the time capsule. | 我们想要求你的允许来挖出那个时间胶囊 |
[37:11] | Dig up the what? | – 挖出什么? – |
[37:12] | The… The time capsule that you buried five years ago. | 那个 那个时间胶囊 你五年前埋下的 |
[37:16] | We need to take a look inside. | – 我们想看看里面 |
[37:18] | Oh, Jesus. Why? | – 噢 上帝 |
[37:20] | What, first the old man, now the time capsule? | 为什么? 什么 首先是那个老人 现在时间胶囊? 干什么? |
[37:23] | What, you… you plan on digging up the whole county? | 你 你们想把整个县都挖一遍吗? |
[37:25] | Steve, they don’t have the authority. | Steve 他们没有法庭的授权书 |
[37:28] | That’s true, but I do. | 是的 但是我有 |
[37:31] | They were right about Miles Holling being murdered. | 他们是对的 关子Miles Hollings的谋杀案 |
[37:33] | I’m inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. | 我倾向于给与他们怀疑的权利 |
[37:35] | – Thank you, Mr. Mayor. – Thank you. | – 谢谢你 市长先生 – 谢谢你 |
[37:42] | You can’t keep me here. | – 你不能把我留在这儿 |
[37:44] | You’re the primary suspect in two homicides. | – 你是两起犯罪的主要嫌疑犯 |
[37:46] | We can detain you briefly. | 我们可以暂时拘留你 |
[37:49] | What do you think you’re going to prove? | 你们觉得你们就要能够证明什么呢? |
[37:51] | First we’re going to prove that you killed GeorgeRowe | 首先我们要证明你杀了George |
[37:53] | to get his security pass. | Lou 以取得他的通行证 |
[37:54] | His security pass? | -他的通行征? |
[37:56] | You needed it to get into the nursing home in order to kill Miles Holling. | -你需要它来进入疗养院 |
[37:59] | – Steve… – No. | – 来杀害Miles Hollings |
[38:01] | Care to tell me why? | 不 不 不介意告诉我为什么吗? |
[38:03] | Because of something you said, Mr. Mayor, | 因为你五年前说过的一些话 |
[38:05] | five years ago. | 市长先生 |
[38:07] | It was in Karen Stottlemeyer’s movie, | 就在Karen Stottlemeyer的片子里面 |
[38:09] | which… which I-I thoroughly enjoyed, by the way. | 顺便提一下 我很喜欢该片 |
[38:12] | Yeah, me too. | 是 |
[38:14] | I watched the whole thing. | 我也看了我全都看完了 |
[38:17] | When you buried the capsule, you made a promise to Miles Holling. | 记得吗 当你埋下时间胶囊的时候 |
[38:20] | Remember? | 你对Miles Hollings许下了一个诺言? |
[38:21] | You said that if he lived another five years | 你说如果他还能够活下去五年 |
[38:23] | that you’d dig it up again | 你就会把它再挖起来 |
[38:25] | so that he could add a final chapter to his autobiography. | 让他在自己的传记后面再加上一章 |
[38:28] | That’s right, I did. | – 对 我确实说过 |
[38:30] | If Miles turned 115, they would have dug it up, | – 如果Miles 115岁了 就应该挖出来的 |
[38:33] | and in your paranoia, | 你的偏执狂脑袋是 |
[38:34] | you couldn’t risk that happening, could you? | 不会允计那样的冒险发生的 是吗? |
[38:37] | So you tried to scare the old man to death… | 于是你想吓唬那个老人 |
[38:39] | Late-night phone calls, death threats. | 半夜电话 死亡威胁 |
[38:42] | When that didn’t work, | 当那些都不起作用了 |
[38:44] | you realized you had no choice… you had to kill him. | 你意识到你别无选择 你必须杀了他 |
[38:48] | There’s something in there… | 有些东西在那里面 |
[38:50] | Something you thought no one would see for 100 years. | 你认为一百年都不会有人看见的东西 |
[38:53] | I’ve written a letter to future generations, | 我写了一封信给后代子孙 |
[38:56] | and I’ve asked my family and staff to do the same. | 我也对我的家人和员工做了同样的事情 |
[39:00] | Why don’t we drop them in now? | 为什么现在不把它们放进去呢? |
[39:11] | The mayor invited his family and staff members | 市长邀请他的家人以及职员都 |
[39:15] | to add a personal note. | 加上一份个人的纸条 |
[39:18] | Let’s take a look… | 我们看看 |
[39:22] | what Mr. Gammill wrote. | Gemmill先生写的 |
[39:25] | Captain, do you mind reading it? | 队长? 可以读出来吗? |
[39:39] | “On December 2, 1998, | 在1998 年12月2号 |
[39:41] | I killed Darren Leveroni with my car. | 我驾驶我的车杀了Daren Foloni |
[39:46] | May God forgive me, | 上帝原谅我 |
[39:48] | because I will never forgive myself. | 我永远也不会原谅我自己 |
[39:50] | Signed, Dennis Gammill.” | 签名 Dennis Gammill |
[39:54] | The urge to confess. | – 仟悔 |
[39:56] | It’s a cop’s best friend. | – 那是警察最好的朋友 |
[39:58] | Steve, please. How long have you known me? | – Steve 求你 |
[40:00] | I don’t know you at all. | 你认识我多久了? – 我根本不认识你 |
[40:01] | It was an accident. | 那是个意外 |
[40:03] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[40:05] | I was drinking. | 我喝了酒 |
[40:08] | I don’t remember hitting anybody. | 我不记得撞了什么人我醒来的时候 |
[40:10] | I woke up, | |
[40:12] | and the… the fender was dented, | 挡泥板上凹下去了 |
[40:14] | and there was some blood and some hair and… | 上面有些血迹和毛发 |
[40:19] | I thought I hit an animal. | 我 我想可能是什么动物 |
[40:22] | I prayed to God I hit an animal. | 我祈求上帝我撞的是个动物 |
[40:26] | Lieutenant, take him away. | 副队 带走他 |
[40:28] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[40:33] | You have the right to remain silent… | – 你有权保持沉默 |
[40:35] | Captain, captain… | – 队长 队长 |
[40:38] | This was in there, too. | 里面还有这个 |
[40:57] | Did you write that? | – 你写的吗? |
[40:59] | Well… | – 是啊 |
[41:01] | You weren’t supposed to read it, | 我本以为至少100年内是不会看到的了 |
[41:03] | at least, not for 100 years. | |
[41:13] | Was it about me? | 是关于我的吗? |
[41:17] | What do you think? | 你认为呢? |
[41:21] | Did you really like my movie? | 你真的喜欢我的片子吗? |
[41:29] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[41:30] | Two thumbs up. | 值得竖起两个大拇指呢 |
[41:34] | Though I’m not an objective critic… | 不过 我不是个客观的批评家 |
[41:36] | Because I’m insanely in love with the filmmaker. | 因为我疯狂地爱上了影片的制片人 |
[41:55] | Hey, Monk, looks like you’re on your own again. | Monk 看来你又是一个人住了 |
[41:59] | Glad to hear it. | – 很高兴听到这个消息 |
[42:00] | Thank you for looking after him, and thank you. | – 谢谢你照顾他还有 谢谢你 |
[42:03] | – You’re welcome. – It was my pleasure. | – 不客气 – 是我的荣幸 |
[42:05] | – No, it wasn’t. | – No, it wasn’t. – 要去拿行李吗? – 不 不 |
[42:07] | I took the liberty of packing up your things, | 我自作主张把你的东西打包了 |
[42:10] | putting them in your car. | 放在你的车里 |
[42:18] | Let’s not do this again real soon, okay? | – 让我们不要很快又来一次这个吧 |
[42:20] | You got it. | 好吗? – 没问题 |
[42:26] | That’s great. | That’s great. 太好了 太好了 |
[42:53] | Are you tired? | – 你累了吗? – |
[42:55] | – Mm-hmm. – Come here. | 喂 哈 过来 |