时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:16] | Wait… No, no, no! Don’t, don’t, don’t! | 等等 不 不 不 |
[02:18] | Don’t… no… no! | 不 不 310天无事故 |
[03:30] | – How about a watch? – I already have a watch. | – 手表怎么样 – 我有了 |
[03:32] | Some people have two. | – 现在流行三个代”表” |
[03:33] | Why would I want two? | – 我已经很河蟹了 |
[03:35] | Look, if you have one wristwatch you always know what time it is. | 有一个表就能看时间 |
[03:38] | If you have two, you’re never sure. | 但如果有两个 到底信哪一个时间 |
[03:40] | Mr. Monk, come on. | Monk先生 |
[03:41] | I have to get you something it’s your birthday. | 我总得送你点什么吧 好歹是你的生日嘛 |
[03:42] | Don’t remind me. | 别提醒我 不仅是生日 还是50岁生日呢 这可是件大事 |
[03:44] | And not just any birthday, you’re 50 years old. | 不仅是生日 还是50岁生日呢 这可是件大事 |
[03:45] | That’s a milestone. | 你不明白 |
[03:46] | Okay, look, you know, you don’t understand. | 你不明白 |
[03:49] | Shh! He’s coming. He’s coming. | 他来了 他来了 |
[03:52] | If you buy me something then I have to pretend to like it. | 如果你给我买礼物 我就得假装喜欢它 |
[03:54] | And then I have to remember to thank you | 我还得要记得感谢你 |
[03:56] | and then I have to return it. And it’s a nightmare. | 还要退礼物 |
[03:58] | It’s a nightmare. | 整一个噩梦啊 要了亲命了 |
[04:01] | Where is everybody? | 人都哪儿去了 |
[04:02] | Oh, they’re probably in the captain’s office. | 可能在上尉办公室 |
[04:05] | He said it was very important. | 他说事情很重要 |
[04:08] | – Where are the cups? – What cups? | – 杯子呢 – 什么杯子 |
[04:10] | All the cups and the paper plates. | 杯子和纸碟全没了 |
[04:12] | Yesterday there was a big pile here. | 昨天这儿还有一大堆呢 |
[04:14] | I don’t know. We’re… We’re late, come on. | 我也不知道 快啊 我们迟到了 |
[04:16] | Wait… | 等等 |
[04:19] | a minute. | 再等等 |
[04:27] | Uh-oh! | |
[04:30] | What are you doing? | 你干嘛呢 |
[04:33] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[04:39] | Why’d the captain want to see me, again? | 上尉找我有什么事 |
[04:41] | I told you, it’s a double homicide | 我说了啊 |
[04:43] | in Marin County. | Marin郡出了一起双命案 |
[04:44] | – You said triple homicide. – I don’t think so. | – 你说的可是三命 – 不是吧 |
[04:47] | Hey, you said triple. | 嘿 |
[04:48] | All right… | 你明明说的是三命案 |
[04:49] | What happened, did somebody get better? | 怎么了 |
[04:51] | Natalie… | 有一人起死回生了? |
[04:55] | It’s a party isn’t it. | 是派对 |
[04:57] | It’s a surprise party. | 没错吧 一个惊喜派对 |
[04:59] | No, Mr. Monk, I would never do that. | 怎么可能 Monk先生 我才不会这么做呢 |
[05:01] | I know how you hate parties. | 又不是不知道你讨厌派对 |
[05:02] | Nice try, Teeger. | 干得好 Teeger |
[05:04] | Okay, okay, okay, okay… Mr. Monk, okay. | 好吧 好吧 Monk先生 好吧 |
[05:07] | It’s a surprise party, can’t you just play along? | 就是惊喜派对 你就不能合作吗 |
[05:10] | I don’t wanna play along. | 我不想合作 |
[05:11] | Come on, everybody’s chipped in. | 别啊 每人都出钱出力了 |
[05:13] | We’ve been planning it for weeks. | 我们都准备几周了 |
[05:18] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[05:20] | I can’t do it. | 我做不到 |
[05:22] | I hate birthdays. | 我讨厌生日 |
[05:30] | What were we thinking? | 大家想什么呢 |
[05:32] | He’s the best detective in the world. | 这就是世界上最厉害的侦探 |
[05:37] | Uh-uh, I am not giving up, Mr. Monk. | 我可不会放弃 Monk先生 |
[05:39] | You’re officially on notice. | 我正式通知你 |
[05:40] | I am throwing you a party. | 我就是要让你参加派对 |
[05:42] | As a matter of fact, you are not. | 你可做不到 |
[05:43] | Oh, yes I am… We’re gonna have balloons | 谁说的 我们会布置气球 |
[05:44] | and cake and dancing. | 蛋糕 开心跳舞 |
[05:46] | Oh, for the love of God, why? | 天啊 这是为什么呢 |
[05:48] | Because, Mr. Monk, it’s your birthday. | Monk先生 因为是你生日 |
[05:50] | And whether you like it or not, you have friends who love you | 不管你喜不喜欢 |
[05:52] | and want to celebrate your life. | 你有爱你的朋友 他们想为你庆生 |
[05:54] | We’re happy you were born. | 庆祝你的生日 |
[05:55] | You’re so cruel. | 你真残忍 |
[05:57] | Oh, my God! Where’s the rest of him? | 天啊 他的其他部分呢 |
[06:00] | That’s all there is. | 都在这儿了 |
[06:01] | He’s all squished! | 他被完全压烂了 |
[06:03] | His name was Bradley Foster. | 他叫Bradley |
[06:05] | He was the maintenance man here. | Foster 这儿的清洁员 |
[06:07] | Apparently, he fell into the compactor. | 显然他掉进了垃圾捣碎机 |
[06:09] | I’m gonna send a guy out to check the parking lot for his car. | 我要派人去停车场查查他的车 |
[06:11] | Yeah, I’d look for a compact. | 估计是辆小型汽车 |
[06:13] | It’s not funny. | 一点儿不好笑 |
[06:15] | Hey, did you see what he was wearing? | 嘿 |
[06:16] | Those aren’t briefs they’re more like boxers. | 看见他的衣服了吗 内裤像拳击短裤似的 |
[06:21] | He was probably still alive when he dropped into the gears. | 他掉下去时可能还活着 |
[06:24] | The rotating blades | 转动叶片肯定撕裂了他的脊柱 |
[06:26] | must have ripped his spinal column | |
[06:28] | and shredded his lungs. | 切碎了肺 |
[06:31] | He must have been screaming and begging for his life | 他肯定一直呼喊 |
[06:34] | the whole way down. | 求救 |
[06:36] | Captain, this is Paul Wellman, | 上尉 这是大楼经理Paul |
[06:39] | the building manager. He found the body. | Wellman 他发现了尸体 |
[06:41] | And when was that Mr. Wellman? | – 当时是几点 |
[06:42] | It was at 8:30. | Wellman先生 – 8点30 |
[06:43] | I had noticed that the door was open | 我看见门是开的 |
[06:45] | and that was kind of strange so I, you know, | 觉得有点奇怪 |
[06:48] | turned on the lights and I came in | 于是我打开灯 走进来 |
[06:50] | and that’s when I saw the blood | 看见在滴血 |
[06:52] | sort of… sort of trickling down. | |
[06:54] | At first I thought it was an animal | 起初我以为是什么动物掉进去了 |
[06:56] | that had been trapped. | |
[06:57] | I looked inside and that’s when I saw Bradley. | 我朝里面看 却看见了Bradley |
[07:01] | What do you think happened? | – 你认为是怎么回事 |
[07:02] | Well the compactor must have jammed. | – 捣碎机肯定卡住了 |
[07:04] | I guess he forgot to turn off the circuit breaker. | 我猜他忘了关断路器 |
[07:07] | Look, I’ve been here 15 years | 我在这儿干了15年 |
[07:09] | and we have never had an accident like this before. | 这种事故还是头一次 |
[07:11] | Tell him, Randy. | 告诉他 Randy |
[07:13] | It’s not an accident until we say it is. | 是否是事故 我们还需确定 |
[07:15] | How long did he work here? | 他在这儿干了多久 |
[07:16] | Five years, give or take. | 大概5年 |
[07:18] | He was a good man. | 他人很好 |
[07:20] | Yeah, excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[07:21] | You said you came in and you turned on the lights? | 你说你走进来 打开灯 |
[07:25] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[07:26] | Are you sure about that… about the lights? | 是的 灯的事你肯定吗 |
[07:28] | Yes, sir. I’ll never forget it. | 肯定 我记得很清楚 |
[07:30] | I turned on the lights and saw the blood. | 我打开灯 看见血迹 |
[07:33] | Why are you asking about the lights? | 为什么问灯的事 |
[07:35] | Who turned them off? | 谁关的呢 |
[07:37] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 对啊 |
[07:40] | That makes things a whole lot more interesting. | 这下事情有意思了 |
[07:42] | Let’s seal this building. Talk to everybody. | 封锁大楼 询问每个人 |
[07:45] | Mr. Wellman, was there anybody else here last night? | Wellman先生 昨晚这儿还有其他人吗 |
[07:48] | Well there’s a camera in the lobby, and I was just checking the tape. | 大厅有监控探头 我刚刚查看了录像 |
[07:51] | It looks like there was one other guy here. | 好像还有一个人 |
[07:53] | Meckler, Richard Meckler. | |
[07:55] | Meckler, got it. | Meckler 记下了 |
[07:56] | Now, he left around midnight but… | 他午夜才离开 不过… |
[07:58] | I mean, I don’t think that means anything | 这没什么 |
[08:00] | ’cause he works late a lot. | 他常常工作到很晚 |
[08:02] | What does he do? | 他是干什么的 |
[08:05] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们 先生们 |
[08:07] | my name is Richard Meckler. I’m a patent attorney. | 我叫Richard Meckler 一名专利律师 |
[08:10] | Now, I must hear a thousand bad ideas every year. | 每年听到的烂点子不下一千个 |
[08:14] | And believe me, I’ve met every nut job in California. | 说实话 加州所有的疯子我都见过 |
[08:17] | But when Kurt Pressman came into my office five months ago | 五个月前 Kurt |
[08:19] | with this vacuum, | Pressman 带着这个吸尘器来我办公室 |
[08:23] | the world’s first self-cleaning vacuum cleaner, | 全球第一款自动清洁真空吸尘器 |
[08:27] | well I knew I wanted to be a part of it. | 那时我就知道自己想加入其中 |
[08:29] | Let’s bring Kurt up, right now, and he can tell us all about it. | 下面有请Kurt 让他向我们作介绍 |
[08:31] | Kurt Pressman ladies and gentlemen, let’s hear it. | 女士们 先生们 Kurt Pressman |
[08:33] | Well done, sir. | 很好 |
[08:35] | That’s it. Give it up, people. | 很好 |
[08:37] | Thank you, buddy. | 谢谢 |
[08:39] | Self-cleaning vacuum. | 自动清洁吸尘器 |
[08:43] | Do I wake or do I dream? | 我不是在做梦吧 |
[08:45] | I don’t know, Mr. Monk. | 我怎么知道 Monk先生 |
[08:50] | And where were you again last night, Mr. Meckler? | 昨晚你在哪儿 |
[08:52] | Last night? Uh, I was working late. | 昨晚? |
[08:54] | Got home around 12:30. | 工作到很晚 大约12点半回家 |
[08:56] | – Yeah. – Yeah, 12:30. | – 是的 – 是的 12点30 |
[08:57] | Here use mine. | 用我的吧 |
[08:59] | Uh, no thanks, I’m good. | 不了 没事 谢谢 |
[09:01] | Did you, uh, see anything unusual last night? | 昨晚有发现什么异常吗 |
[09:04] | Were there any strangers in the building? | 楼里有什么陌生人吗 |
[09:05] | – No, no, sir. – What’s all this about? | – 没有 – 出什么事了吗 |
[09:07] | Do you know a Bradley Foster? | 你认识Bradley Foster吗 |
[09:09] | Yeah, the janitor. | 认识 他是清洁工 |
[09:10] | Well he was murdered last night. We found him in the basement. | 昨晚他被人杀害 我们在地下室发现了尸体 |
[09:13] | Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[09:30] | Consumer Currents? | 消费指南? |
[09:31] | – You write for them? – Indeed. | 你是撰稿人? 是的 |
[09:34] | I bought my motorcycle last year because you guys recommended it. | 去年我看了你们的推荐 买了辆摩托车 |
[09:37] | You gave it five stars. | 你们给了五星评分 |
[09:39] | How is it? | – 怎么样 |
[09:40] | It’s five stars. I love it. | – 确实是五星级的 我很喜欢 |
[09:42] | So thank you. | 谢了 |
[09:44] | Choppers aren’t my department. | 摩托车不是我负责的 |
[09:46] | I… I mainly cover household appliances | 我… 我主要负责家用电器 |
[09:49] | like blenders and vacuum cleaners. | 例如搅拌机 吸尘器 |
[09:52] | But if you’re in the market for an energy efficient three cycle dishwasher with half load option I’m your gal. | 如果你想买高效节能循环型洗碗机 |
[09:58] | Hmm. T.K. | 我倒可以推荐 |
[10:02] | What’s the “T” stand for? | T是啥意思呢 |
[10:04] | It stands for my first name. | 代表我的名字 |
[10:08] | Mr. Preston, excuse… | Preston先生 |
[10:10] | I’m sorry to bother you. | 打扰一下 |
[10:12] | I just have to know, how does it work? | 我得知道它的工作原理 |
[10:14] | I mean, where does all that dust go? | 灰尘都去哪儿了呢 |
[10:16] | It’s a high voltage electronic filter. | 有高电压过滤器 手册上有写 – |
[10:18] | It’s in the brochure. The dust is disintegrated. | 是的 – 灰尘被分解了 |
[10:20] | Yeah, I didn’t get a brochure. | 我没有手册 |
[10:22] | I’m here with the police. | 我是和警察一起来的 |
[10:23] | Police? | – 警察? – 是的 因为… |
[10:25] | Yeah, we’re here about, um, something else | – 警察? |
[10:28] | completely unrelated, but I think the work you’re doing | – 是的 |
[10:31] | is historic. | 因为… 一件完全无关的其他事 不过你的工作是划时代的 |
[10:32] | A self-cleaning vacuum is right up there with the wheel | 有了自动清洁吸尘器 |
[10:35] | or Windex. | 清洁剂就可以靠边站了 |
[10:37] | – Thank you, thank you… – Hold on. | – 谢谢 – 等等 |
[10:38] | Where can I get one… or two? Actually, I could take two. | 哪儿有卖呢 我要买两个 |
[10:41] | We have a waiting list, and I’ll make sure you’re on it, Mr… | 我们有预定名单 我会把你列入其中 请问尊姓大名 |
[10:44] | – Monk. – Monk, excuse me. | – Monk 失陪了 |
[10:47] | – Sorry I took so long. – It’s all right. | 抱歉我才过来 |
[10:49] | – You had the diet, right? – Mm-hmm. | 有健怡吧 |
[10:51] | I can’t tell. Is that diet? | 我喝不出来 |
[10:53] | Oh, mm, diet, definitely. | 是健怡吗 |
[10:56] | Diet? Great. | – 肯定是 – 很好 |
[10:57] | Thanks. | – 谢谢 – 人来得不少啊 |
[10:58] | Pretty good turnout, huh? | – 谢谢 – 人来得不少啊 |
[11:00] | I told you, partner, you build a better mousetrap. | 我说过嘛 搭档 你的陷阱挖得很深呢 |
[11:02] | Oh, this is Lieutenant Disher, he’s with the San Francisco police. | 这是中尉Disher 旧金山警局的 |
[11:05] | Yeah, I, uh, I heard the police were here. | 是啊 我听说了有警察到场 |
[11:08] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[11:10] | Trina? | |
[11:12] | Theresa? | |
[11:15] | Why do you care? | 为什么关心呢 |
[11:18] | Because it’ll make it slightly easier for me to track you down. | 因为我可以更容易”追”捕你 |
[11:23] | Oh. | |
[11:30] | – Don’t touch it! – Ow! | 别碰 |
[11:32] | It is a vacuum cleaner. | 不就是吸尘器嘛 |
[11:34] | You’re not suppose to touch. | 你不能碰 |
[11:35] | Richard? | |
[11:36] | – Mr. Meckler? – Richard? | – Meckler先生 |
[11:38] | Richard! | – 我… |
[11:40] | Call 911. | 快打311 他心脏病犯了 |
[11:41] | He’s having a heart attack. | 快打311 他心脏病犯了 |
[11:43] | Oh, my God. Richard! | 天啊 Richard |
[11:44] | Captain! | – 上尉 |
[11:45] | Step back, step back. | – 上尉 |
[11:46] | Richard! | – 退后 退后 |
[11:48] | – Richard! – Doctor! | – 医生 |
[11:50] | Get me a doctor. Is there a doctor in the house? | 快叫医生 |
[11:52] | Richard, Richard, Richard? | 这儿有医生吗 |
[11:55] | Help him! Help him… Oh, my God! | 救救他啊 天哪 |
[12:31] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[12:32] | Good morning. | 早上好 早上好 |
[12:34] | How did you sleep? I was up all night | 你睡得怎么样 |
[12:36] | thinking about that poor man, that lawyer. | 我整晚都在想那个可怜的律师 |
[12:39] | I’ve never actually seen anyone have a heart attack before. | 第一次亲眼看见有人心脏病发 |
[12:43] | Oh, is that the new vacuum? | 是新吸尘器吗 |
[12:44] | Where did you get it? Oh, the, uh, | 你哪儿得到的 |
[12:48] | the captain met this reporter from a consumer magazine. | 上尉认识消费杂志的一个记者 |
[12:51] | She let me borrow it. | 她让我借来用用 |
[12:53] | Uh-huh, and how is it? | – 怎么样 |
[12:54] | It’s spectacular. | – 太出色了 |
[12:56] | See there’s no dust bag. You don’t have to empty it. | 没有集尘袋 不用倒灰尘 |
[12:58] | And if it picks up a coin or something, | 如果吸到了硬币或其他东西 |
[13:01] | look… | 瞧 |
[13:03] | There’s a little tray. | 这儿有个小托盘 |
[13:05] | See, I think I’m in love. | 看啊 我爱上它了 |
[13:07] | Oh, well, I’m sure you two will be very happy. | – 你们俩肯定会相亲相爱 |
[13:09] | Yeah. | – 没错 |
[13:10] | Come on, the captain’s waiting for us. | – 快走 |
[13:11] | Okay. | 上尉在等我们呢 – 好的 |
[13:12] | Oh, I almost forgot, we just have to stop off at my place. | 差点忘了 |
[13:14] | I forgot my cell phone. | 要先去我家 我忘了带手机 |
[13:15] | Excuse me. | 稍等 |
[13:28] | Oh, good. We found your phone. | 很好 手机找到了 |
[13:31] | It’s in your bag. What are the odds? | 就在你包里 还有这样的事啊 |
[13:33] | So where are they? | 说吧 |
[13:36] | Are they at your house? | 他们呢 都在你家吗 |
[13:37] | Come on, Mr. Monk, can’t you just come with me? | Monk先生 你就不能和我一起去吗 |
[13:39] | Just… Just pretend to be surprised. | 就…就装作很惊喜 |
[13:42] | They’re your friends. They’re waiting for you. | 他们是你的朋友 都等着你呢 |
[13:44] | They love you. | 他们爱你 |
[13:45] | They wanna do something special for you. | 想给你特别的礼物 |
[13:47] | I can’t… I can’t. I can’t do it. | 我不行 做不到 |
[13:49] | Why? Tell me why? There has to be a reason. | 做不到 为什么 告诉我什么 肯定有什么原因吧 |
[13:52] | All right, I’ll tell you. But you can’t tell anyone. | 好的 我说 不过你不能告诉别人 |
[13:54] | I haven’t even told Dr. Bell. | 我连Bell医生都没说 |
[13:56] | Okay, I promise. | 好的 我答应你 |
[14:23] | My God, what is it? | 天啊 到底是什么事啊 |
[14:26] | All right. | 好的 |
[14:29] | I was ten years old, | 那年我十岁 |
[14:33] | and there was this cowboy. | 有个牛仔 |
[14:37] | A cowboy? | – 牛仔? – 牛仔Hank |
[14:39] | Cowboy Hank. | – 牛仔? – 牛仔Hank |
[14:40] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:43] | Oh, he was… | 他… |
[14:45] | He was on TV every week and | 他每晚都上电视 |
[14:48] | he was my hero. | 是我的英雄 |
[14:51] | Well, when I turned ten my mother surprised me. | 十岁生日时 妈妈想给我惊喜 |
[14:54] | She hired cowboy Hank to come to my party. | 她请牛仔Hank参加派对 |
[14:58] | It must have cost her every nickel she had. | 肯定花光了所有钱 |
[15:00] | And, um, he, uh, | 他 |
[15:05] | he brought a rope with him. | 他带了条绳子 |
[15:08] | A rope? | |
[15:10] | Like a lasso. | – 绳子? – 像套索 |
[15:12] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[15:14] | What did he do with it? | 他拿绳子干了什么 |
[15:17] | Tricks. | 变戏法 |
[15:19] | Some of the kids from my class were there. | 当时很多同学都来了 |
[15:22] | Cowboy Hank was really funny. | 牛仔Hank真的很有趣 |
[15:24] | He did all his tricks | 变了好多戏法 |
[15:25] | and then he left. | 然后走了 |
[15:27] | He left. | 他走了 |
[15:28] | As soon as he was gone, | 他一走 |
[15:29] | all my friends, my so-called friends, went home. | 我所有的朋友 所谓的朋友也都回家了 |
[15:36] | They didn’t stay for cake or anything. | 没一个留下来切蛋糕 |
[15:40] | They didn’t care about me. | 完全不在乎我 |
[15:45] | They just wanted to see Cowboy Hank. | 他们只是… 只想看牛仔Hank |
[15:51] | That’s it? | 完了? |
[15:54] | Everybody left. | 人走光了 |
[15:56] | That’s your story? | 这就是你的伤心往事? |
[15:58] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[16:00] | Oh, I’m so throwing you a party. | 是的 – |
[16:02] | What? | 还是去派对吧 – 什么 |
[16:03] | It’s gonna be the biggest party of the year. | 这可是全年最大的一个派对 |
[16:05] | It’s gonna be a cotillion. We’re gonna dance until dawn. | 我们跳跳沙龙舞 一舞跳到天亮 |
[16:08] | No, I can’t. Not after what happened. | 不 那次后我就不参加了 |
[16:10] | Oh, Mr. Monk, that’s the stupidest story I ever heard. | Monk先生 这是我听过最傻的故事 |
[16:12] | I’m sorry but that is lame. Everybody left? | 抱歉 可真的没说服力 |
[16:15] | Well it was very traumatic. | – 人都走光了? – 这可是杯具啊~~ |
[16:17] | It’s stupid, I mean, I have worse stories than that. | 是太傻了 我还有过更糟糕的事呢 |
[16:19] | Everybody does. | 人人都有 |
[16:21] | Wait, why can’t you tell Dr. Bell? | 等等 你为什么不告诉Bell医生 |
[16:24] | I didn’t think he could handle it. | 他搞不定这事 |
[16:28] | I am so throwing you a party, | 我肯定要让你去派对 |
[16:30] | as God is my witness and I’m going to surprise you too. | 上帝作证 |
[16:32] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. | 我还要给你惊喜 |
[16:35] | You’re gonna surprise me? | 你要给我惊喜? |
[16:37] | You’re not gonna surprise me. | 我可不会惊喜 |
[16:41] | You don’t think I’m smart enough? | 你觉得我不够聪明? |
[16:44] | It is so on. | 等着瞧吧 |
[16:48] | I’m throwing you a party, boss. It could be anytime, anywhere. | 我会让你参加派对的 老板 随时随地都有可能哟 |
[16:58] | So what are we looking for? | 我们在找什么 |
[17:00] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[17:02] | Somebody threw the guy in a trash compactor. | 有人把他扔进垃圾捣碎机里 |
[17:05] | There had to be a reason. | 肯定出于某种原因 |
[17:07] | How long did he live here? | 他在这儿住了多久 |
[17:09] | 11 years. | 11年 |
[17:11] | Ahh. | |
[17:12] | I got a mouse pad and a surge protector but no computer. | 这儿有鼠标垫 还有浪涌电压保护器 但没有电脑 |
[17:16] | And I got a toolbox that looks like some tools are missing. | 这儿有工具箱 好像有几样工具不见了 |
[17:19] | Somebody’s been here. | 有人在我们之前来过这儿 |
[17:20] | Somebody’s been eating my porridge. | |
[17:23] | Hey, thanks for coming. | 嘿 谢谢你们赶来 |
[17:25] | Uh, where’s your boss? | 你老板呢 |
[17:26] | Oh, he’s in the hall. He won’t come in. | 你老板呢 在大厅里 他不肯进来 |
[17:28] | He thinks it’s a surprise party. | 以为我们要在这儿给他办派对 |
[17:31] | Monk, get in here. | Monk 快进来 |
[17:44] | Thank you for coming. | 谢谢你来 |
[17:46] | Looks like somebody’s been here. | 好像有人来过这儿 |
[17:48] | They took the computer and maybe some tools. | 拿走了电脑 |
[17:50] | Uh-huh. | 一些工具 |
[17:51] | Check that closet while you’re over there. | 去看看壁橱吧 |
[17:58] | Ah, no. | |
[18:00] | I, uh, I think I’ll pass. | 我… |
[18:03] | You’ll pass? | – 我不看 – 你不看? |
[18:04] | Right, you think someone’s in there? | 你以为里面有人吗 |
[18:06] | You think there are 50 people in that closet | 这里藏着50个人 |
[18:09] | with balloons and party hats | 拿着气球 带着派对帽? |
[18:11] | waiting to jump out? | 突然跳出来 |
[18:13] | Excuse me, do I need to remind both of you | 抱歉 我需要提醒你们俩 |
[18:15] | that two nights ago the man that lives here | 两天前 |
[18:18] | got torn apart in a trash compactor? | 这儿的主人被垃圾捣碎机分尸 |
[18:20] | I bet he was surprised. | 我猜他肯定很意外 |
[18:22] | I know she’s been trying to throw you a party. | 我知道她一直想让你参加派对 |
[18:25] | And, um, | 而且 |
[18:27] | she’s going to. | – 她有此打算 – 不 |
[18:28] | Oh, she’s gonna get you. | – 她有此打算 – 不 |
[18:30] | I’m gonna get you. | – 她会的 – 我会的 不过 |
[18:32] | But this is a murder victim’s place of residence. | 这是受害者的住所 |
[18:35] | Do you honestly think that she would do it here? | 你真的怀疑她会在这儿开派对吗 |
[18:37] | No, no, I don’t. | 不 我不会在这儿开派对 |
[18:40] | And that is precisely why I do. | 正是如此 我才怀疑 |
[18:44] | And because I do, I don’t. | 因为我不会这么做 所以我才怀疑 |
[18:46] | So yes, I do. | 是的 我怀疑 |
[18:49] | Natalie, tell him. | Natalie 跟他说 |
[18:50] | There is no party. | Natalie 跟他说 这儿没有派对 |
[18:51] | Why is she smiling then? | – 那她为什么笑 |
[18:53] | Because she’s a friendly person. | – 她很随和 |
[18:56] | She winked. Come on, she’s winking. | – 她眨眼了 瞧啊 |
[18:58] | Teeger, quit winking. | – Teeger 别眨眼 |
[18:59] | – Look, Monk, I… – She winked again! | – Monk 专心点 – 她又眨眼了 Randy 告诉他情况 Bradley Foster 1982年毕业于麻省理工 |
[19:01] | I need you to focus. Randy, fill him in. | |
[19:03] | Uh, Bradley Foster, graduated M.I.T. 1982. | |
[19:08] | Worked for General Electric for ten years. | 在通用电气工作了十年 |
[19:12] | Then he just disappeared, fell off the radar. | 然后失踪了 |
[19:14] | Apparently he started drinking, | 显然他开始酗酒 |
[19:16] | uh, washing dishes, moving from job to job. | 做洗碗工 到处打零工 |
[19:18] | He ended up living here pushing a broom. | 最后住在这儿 |
[19:20] | Uh-huh. Aha, I knew it. | 当了清洁工 |
[19:23] | I knew it. | 我就知道 我就知道 |
[19:25] | Confetti. Where are they? | 庆祝用的碎纸 他们人呢 |
[19:29] | Okay, you can come out wherever you are. | 好了 你们可以出来了 |
[19:31] | Monk | Monk, no that’s not confetti |
[19:33] | that’s shredded paper. | 那不是庆祝用的 那是被粉碎的文件 |
[19:35] | It’s what we… See there’s the shredder | 瞧 |
[19:36] | right there, that’s material evidence. | 这是碎纸机 都是物证 |
[19:38] | Let’s put it back. | 放回去吧 |
[19:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:01] | What do you got? | 什么情况 |
[20:07] | It’s been chewed. | 被咬过 |
[20:09] | The lawyer. | 是那个律师 |
[20:11] | The heart attack? | 心脏病发那个? |
[20:13] | He was here. | 他来过这儿 |
[20:26] | Mr. Monk, what are you doing? | Monk先生 你干嘛呢 |
[20:27] | Oh, you don’t want me to look, do you? | 你不想让我看 是吧 |
[20:30] | – No, I don’t. – I wonder why? | – 是的 别看 – 为什么 |
[20:32] | Because it’s putrid and disgusting. | 都腐烂了 很恶心 |
[20:40] | You were right. | 你们的判断没错 |
[20:42] | We just ran a full toxicology screening. | 我们做了全面的毒物检测 |
[20:44] | Richard Meckler was murdered. Poisoned. | Richard Meckler是被谋杀的 |
[20:47] | We found eight cc’s of sodium fluoroacetate in his blood stream. | 有人下毒 在他的血液中发现了8CC的氟乙酸钠 |
[20:50] | – Sodium… – Fluoroacetate. | – 氟乙… – 氟乙酸钠 |
[20:53] | – F-L-O… – Fluoroacetate. | – 氟… – 氟乙酸钠 |
[20:57] | I’m gonna write up the notes later. | 一会儿再记 |
[20:59] | We don’t come across it very often, thank God. | 这种情况不常见 |
[21:01] | It’s extremely toxic and fast-acting. | 这种毒物毒性强 毒发快 |
[21:03] | Yeah, we know. We were there. | 是的 这我们知道 当时我们就在场 |
[21:05] | Another murder. Coincidence? | 又一起谋杀 巧合吗 |
[21:08] | I don’t believe in coincidence. | 我不相信是巧合 |
[21:10] | Okay, let’s take a step back. | 好吧 分析分析 |
[21:13] | We got a janitor who’s killed. | 一个清洁工被杀 |
[21:14] | The only other guy in the building is a lawyer | 此外楼里只有一个人 |
[21:16] | named Richard Meckler. | 律师Richard Meckler |
[21:18] | Ten hours later, Meckler is poisoned. | 十小时后Meckler被毒死了 |
[21:20] | What do you think, Monk? | 你怎么想 Monk |
[21:22] | I don’t believe in coincidence either. | 我也不信是巧合 |
[21:24] | And I also don’t believe in surprise parties. | 另外 我也不相信… 惊喜派对 |
[21:32] | He has a big birthday tomorrow. | 他明天过生日 |
[21:34] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[21:35] | Uh, doc, you said that the, uh, | – 医生 |
[21:37] | – sodium flur… – Fluoroacetate… | 你说那个氟… – 氟乙酸钠 |
[21:39] | it was, uh, fast-acting. | – 毒发快 – 是的 |
[21:41] | That’s right. | 十秒之内毙命 |
[21:42] | Once you ingest it, you’re dead within ten seconds. | 十秒之内毙命 |
[21:45] | That doesn’t make sense. | 没道理啊 |
[21:46] | I was right there. I was talking to the guy. | 当时我就在和他说话 |
[21:49] | I didn’t see anything. | 我什么也没看见 |
[21:51] | Neither… | 我也… |
[21:53] | did I! | 没有 |
[21:57] | Can I just say something? | 我能说句话不 |
[21:59] | If this is my party, | 如果这就是我的生日派对 |
[22:02] | it’s the second worse birthday party I’ve ever had. | 那就是第二糟糕的派对 |
[22:13] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[22:15] | The guy that died yesterday was poisoned. | 昨天死去的那个人是被毒死的 |
[22:18] | Oh. | 所以我们要重建犯罪现场 |
[22:19] | So we’re gonna recreate the crime. | 所以我们要重建犯罪现场 |
[22:21] | Well why call me? Am I a suspect? | 为什么叫我来呢 我是疑犯吗 |
[22:23] | No. | 不是 |
[22:24] | Am I important to the case in some way? | 我对这个案子很重要吗 |
[22:27] | Not particularly, no. | 其实不是 |
[22:29] | Oh, so you were just looking for an excuse to see me again. | 那你是想找理由再见到我 |
[22:33] | Miss Jensen, if that were true, | Jensen女士 如果真是如此 |
[22:35] | if I brought you down here in the middle of the afternoon | 如果我在大中午让你来这儿 |
[22:37] | just to talk to you and get to know you better, | 就是为了和你聊天 更加了解你 |
[22:40] | that would be a serious abuse of my authority. | 那可是严重的滥用职权 |
[22:43] | It certainly would. | 是的 |
[22:47] | Uh, captain, | 上尉 |
[22:49] | do you mind? | 可以开始了吧 |
[22:54] | Hey, Randy, Natalie, this is T.K. Jensen. | 嘿 Randy Natalie 这位是TK Jensen |
[22:57] | She writes for Consumer Currents magazine. | 为消费杂志写稿 |
[22:59] | She was at the event last night. I thought she might be able to help. | 昨晚事发时她就在现场 她对案子可能有所帮助 |
[23:01] | – Hello. – Hi. | – 你好 – 嗨 TK代表什么 |
[23:02] | Uh, what’s “T.K.” stand for? | TK代表什么 |
[23:04] | – Mm… – She’s taking the fifth on that. | 她拒绝作危害自己的证词 |
[23:09] | Okay, let’s get started, captain. | 好吧 开始了 上尉 |
[23:12] | You’re going to be Richard Meckler. | 你扮Richard Meckler |
[23:14] | He was standing right here. | 站在这儿 |
[23:17] | Right here… | 在这儿 |
[23:18] | Natalie, you’re his wife. | Natalie 你扮他妻子 |
[23:20] | So you’re standing right there. | 站在这儿 |
[23:22] | What about me? | 我呢 |
[23:24] | You’re you. | 你还是你 |
[23:25] | But I’d rather be Meckler. | 我想扮Meckler |
[23:27] | – Why? – He has more to do. | – 为什么 – 能做的事更多 |
[23:29] | Randy, you’re you. | Randy 你就是你 |
[23:33] | All right. | 好的 |
[23:35] | I am the inventor. | 我扮发明者 |
[23:38] | I am Kurt Pressman. | |
[23:39] | I’m sorry, I don’t have a part for you. | – 抱歉 没角色给你了 – 没事 |
[23:42] | Okay. | 好的 |
[23:47] | I walk across the room carrying two glasses of soda. | 我走过来 手拿两杯汽水 |
[23:51] | I step up… | 站在这儿 |
[23:52] | That’s right, he wasn’t sure which one was diet, | 是的 他不知道哪杯是健怡 |
[23:54] | so he took a sip. | 所以喝了一小口 |
[23:56] | Then Meckler’s wife takes a sip. | Meckler的妻子也尝了尝 |
[24:00] | She took a sip. | 她尝了一口 |
[24:03] | She gave the glass to Meckler. | 把杯子递给Meckler |
[24:04] | He drank from it. | 他喝了 |
[24:06] | Five minutes later he was dead. | 五分钟后倒地身亡 |
[24:08] | Ugh. | |
[24:09] | So how was he poisoned? That’s the question. | 如何下毒 这是问题关键 |
[24:12] | It had to be in the drink. | 肯定在饮料里下毒 |
[24:13] | No… No, that’s… that’s impossible, | 不 不可能 |
[24:15] | you remember what Dr. Z. said, | Z医生说过 |
[24:16] | the poison hits you like this… | 喝了下毒的饮料马上毙命 |
[24:18] | and he was sipping it for at least five minutes. | 他是在五分钟后才身亡的 |
[24:20] | Besides, his wife and Pressman | 而且他的妻子和Pressman也喝了同一杯 |
[24:22] | both drank from the same glass… | |
[24:24] | They didn’t even get sick. | 他们却安然无恙 |
[24:25] | So it wasn’t in the drink. Was he eating something? | 所以不是在饮料里下毒 他还吃了其他东西吗 |
[24:28] | No. | 没有 |
[24:30] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[24:32] | He was chewing on his pen… Like a nervous habit. | 他一直咬笔头 像是紧张时的习惯 |
[24:33] | Nope, it wasn’t the pen. | 不 笔没有问题 |
[24:35] | That was the first thing we checked. It was clean. | 我们首先检查了笔 没有毒药痕迹 |
[24:37] | Well, maybe somebody injected him with something, | 可能是被注射了毒药 |
[24:40] | like a… like a needle. | 比如扎针 |
[24:42] | No, I was there, I would’ve seen that. | 不 我在场 是的话我会发现的 |
[24:48] | A blow dart, you know, a poison dart. | 涂了毒药的飞刀 |
[24:50] | What happened to the dart? | 那飞镖呢 |
[24:52] | It would have been sticking in his neck. | 不是该留在脖子上吗 |
[24:54] | Not necessarily. | 不一定 |
[24:56] | There could have been a long elastic wire attached to the blow dart. | 可以在飞刀上栓橡皮绳 |
[24:59] | They’re called dartarangs. | 传说中的小李他妈的飞刀 |
[25:01] | How do you know they’re called dartarangs? | 你怎么知道叫小李他妈的飞刀呢 |
[25:04] | Because they’re probably called dartarangs. | 唐伯虎他妈说的 |
[25:06] | Or at least that’s what they should be called. | 好歹得取个名字吧 |
[25:09] | Just nod your head and say maybe. | 点头 说有可能 |
[25:11] | – Maybe. – Interesting, Randy. | – 有可能 – 有趣 Randy |
[25:13] | Interesting. | 很有趣 |
[25:24] | Is the child safety lock in the off position? | 是否关闭了儿童安全锁 |
[25:27] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:28] | Is the power switch on? | – 开关打开了吗 |
[25:29] | Yes. | – 是的 |
[25:31] | Is the cyclone cover tightened securely? | 集尘旋流盖正确地上紧了吗 |
[25:33] | Cyclone cover, yes. | 集尘旋流盖 好了 |
[25:37] | I don’t understand it. | 我不明白 |
[25:39] | It was working perfectly. | 之前还好好的啊 |
[25:41] | I was using it all morning. | 上午我一直在用 |
[25:43] | I cleaned the filter, and it just stopped. | 我清洗了过滤器 它就不动了 |
[25:46] | You cleaned the what? | 你清洗了什么 |
[25:47] | I cleaned the filter. | 我清洗了过滤器 |
[25:49] | You cleaned the air-actuated ionized electronic filter? | 你清洗了气动电离过滤器? |
[25:52] | That’s right. I always clean the filter. | 是的 我一直都清洁过滤器 |
[25:54] | Mr. Monk, it says do not clean the filter. | Monk先生 上面说不能清洁过滤器 |
[25:56] | Where? | 哪儿 |
[25:57] | Here, here, here, here, | 这儿 这儿 |
[26:01] | here. | 还有这儿 |
[26:02] | I saw that, but it didn’t make any sense. | 我看到了 可是没道理啊 |
[26:04] | You always clean the filter. | 过滤器当然要清洗了 |
[26:08] | What did I do? | 我做了什么呀 |
[26:10] | What did I do? | 我做了什么呀 |
[26:14] | I’m so sorry. | 真是对不起 |
[26:16] | So sorry… | 真是对不起 |
[26:20] | It’s true what they say… | 上面说的一点没错 |
[26:22] | The good die young. | 才几天就夭折了 |
[26:29] | Not this vacuum. | 别带走吸尘器啊 |
[26:31] | Take me instead. | 子啊 带我走吧 |
[26:33] | I’m sure we can find somebody to fix it. | 肯定有人能修好 |
[26:35] | Nobody can fix it. | 没人修得好 |
[26:36] | It’s not even in the stores yet. | 商店都没得卖 |
[26:39] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[26:40] | Wait. | 等等 |
[26:42] | Wait, wait, wait. | 等等 |
[26:43] | The guy… the inventor. | 发明者 |
[26:45] | – Kurt Pressman? – Yeah! | – 是的 他能修 |
[26:47] | Yeah, he can fix it. | 手册后面有他的地址 |
[26:48] | His address is right on the back of the booklet. | 手册后面有他的地址 |
[26:51] | 603 Vinton Street. We can be there in 20 minutes. | Vinton大街6003号 20分钟就能赶到 |
[26:54] | We can’t go now. You have Dr. Bell at 2:00. | 现在不能去 你2点要去看Bell医生 |
[26:56] | Oh, I’ll call him and cancel. | 通知他取消就好 |
[26:57] | No, I don’t think it’s a good idea, I mean, not today. | 不行 今天不行 |
[26:59] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[27:00] | Because you seem really anxious lately. | 因为你最近确实很焦虑 |
[27:03] | You have that big case… the janitor. | 出了两个大案子 清洁工 |
[27:05] | Plus the poisoned lawyer, so that’s two big cases. | 被下毒的律师 都是大案子 |
[27:08] | You’re under a lot of pressure. | 压力很大 |
[27:10] | I don’t believe it. | 这话谁信呀 |
[27:12] | What? | 什么 我可不信 你个小坏蛋 |
[27:13] | I don’t believe it. | 我可不信 |
[27:14] | You are diabolical. | 你个小坏蛋 |
[27:16] | You’re planning a surprise party | 你居然打算在Bell医生的办公室开派对 |
[27:18] | in Dr. Bell’s office… my therapist’s office. | |
[27:21] | Have you no shame? | 太羞耻了 |
[27:23] | It’s not in his office. | 不是他的办公室 |
[27:26] | It’s in the office next door. I rented it out. | 是隔壁房间 我租了下来 |
[27:29] | Everybody’s waiting. | 大家都等着呢 全准备好了 |
[27:30] | They’re already there. | Monk先生 求你了 跟我去吧 |
[27:31] | Please, Mr. Monk, please just… just come with me. | Monk先生 求你了 跟我去吧 |
[27:33] | It’ll take just an hour. | 一个小时就好 |
[27:35] | Told you before, I can’t do it. | 我说了 我不行 |
[27:37] | What, because of Cowboy Hank? | 就因为牛仔Hank? |
[27:39] | Cowboy Hank. | 牛仔Hank 就因为一个失败的派对 |
[27:40] | Because of one bad party. | 就因为一个失败的派对 |
[27:42] | Okay, Mr. Monk, congratulations. | 好吧 Monk先生 恭喜 你赢了 |
[27:45] | You win. | 你过的不是生日 是寂寞 |
[27:46] | You’re gonna spend your birthday alone. | 你过的不是生日 是寂寞 |
[27:48] | And the next birthday after that. | 下个生日也是 |
[27:49] | And the one after that too. | 下下个生日也是 |
[27:51] | Until you finally die alone, | 最后孤独死去 |
[27:53] | pathetic and miserable and sad and alone. | 又可怜 又可悲 又凄惨 孤零零一人 |
[27:59] | Deal. | 好了 |
[28:00] | Can we fix the vacuum now? | 现在能去修吸尘器了吧 |
[28:06] | – Hello? – In here. | – 有人吗 – 在呢 |
[28:12] | Hello. | 你好 |
[28:13] | Mr. Monk, Natalie, | Monk先生 Natalie |
[28:15] | I already spoke to your colleague, Lieutenant Disher, earlier. | 我和Disher中尉说过了 |
[28:18] | Actually, that’s not why we’re here. | 我们有别的事 |
[28:22] | It broke. It just stopped working. | 它坏了 |
[28:26] | You mean, you’re not here about Richard? | 你不是为了Richard的事吗 |
[28:28] | Could you have a look? It’ll just take a minute. | 你能看看吗 一分钟就好 |
[28:31] | I don’t think I can think about work. | 出了这样的事 |
[28:32] | Not now, not after what happened. | 我没心思工作 |
[28:34] | It’s just… | 因为 |
[28:36] | Richard was more than my lawyer. He was one of my oldest friends. | Richard不仅是我的律师 还是我的老朋友 |
[28:39] | I’ve known him since high school. | 我们高中就认识了 |
[28:41] | I just can’t believe he’s gone. | 真不敢相信他就这么走了 |
[28:43] | I can appreciate that. | 我能理解你的心情 |
[28:45] | It was a terrible thing. | 事情太突然了 |
[28:47] | We’re very sorry for your loss. Aren’t we? | 请节哀顺变 |
[28:49] | Yes. | 是的 |
[28:53] | But as long as we’re here. | 可我们都来了 |
[28:57] | It just stopped working? | 不动了? |
[28:58] | – Yeah… – He cleaned the filter. | – 是的 – 他清洁了过滤器 |
[29:01] | Well, you’re not suppose to clean the filter. | – 不能清洁过滤器 |
[29:03] | I know that now. | – 现在我知道了 |
[29:04] | We wrote it as big as we could in the instruction book. | 我们在说明书上尽量醒目地注明了 |
[29:06] | It was the biggest font we had. | 字体够大的了 |
[29:08] | That was big. | 是很大 |
[29:10] | All right, let’s take a look. | 好的 我来看看 |
[29:11] | Great, thank you. | 太好了 谢谢 |
[29:15] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[29:21] | So this is, uh… | 那么… |
[29:23] | This is where you invented it? | 你就在这儿发明的吗 |
[29:25] | Yes, sir, worked on the prototype for five years. | 是的 光原型我就花了五年 |
[29:28] | Wow, five years? | 五年? |
[29:31] | Well, you know what Thomas Edison said. | 爱迪生说过 |
[29:33] | Invention is 1% inspiration | 发明是1%的灵感加上99%的汗水 |
[29:36] | and 99% perspiration. | |
[29:38] | I have a theory. | 我是这么认为的 |
[29:40] | I think Edison said that to explain his B.O. | 爱迪生是为他的狐臭自圆其说 |
[29:47] | I need a Phillips-head. | 需要菲利普斯式螺钉头 |
[29:49] | You know, the perspiration… | 那个什么汗水… |
[29:53] | I gather from the lieutenant that you don’t think | 我听中尉说 |
[29:57] | Richard died of natural causes. | 你觉得Richard不是自然死亡 |
[29:59] | Oh, we can’t talk about the case, you understand. | 你知道的 我们不能谈论案件 |
[30:02] | You mentioned another case, | 你觉得清洁工的案子和这有关吗 |
[30:04] | a… a janitor you feel might be connected? | |
[30:06] | It’s possible. It’s a work in progress. | 有可能 案子正在调查中 |
[30:08] | Yeah, Mr. Monk always says it’s a work in progress | 在破案之前 |
[30:10] | just before he figures it all out. | Monk先生一直都这么说 |
[30:13] | Really? | 是吗 |
[30:14] | So how does she look? | 那么 她怎么样 |
[30:17] | Well, you were right it’s the filter. | 你说的没错 是过滤器的问题 |
[30:19] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[30:21] | I can’t replace it now. It will take a couple days. | 现在换不了 要几天时间 |
[30:23] | Oh, so Friday? | 周五怎么样 |
[30:26] | Friday is Richard’s funeral. | 周五是Richard的葬礼 |
[30:28] | What time? | 几点 |
[30:29] | Noon. | 中午 |
[30:30] | So you’re home when… 2:30, 2:45? | 中午 那你大约2点30 2点45回家 |
[30:35] | – How about this, I’ll call you. – Yeah, that sounds great. | 这样吧 修好了我通知你 好的 |
[30:38] | Thank you, so much, for letting us just drop by. | 非常感谢 |
[30:41] | – Thank you. – Yes and God bless you | – 谢谢 – 上帝保佑你 |
[30:43] | and your work. | 还有你的工作 |
[30:49] | All right, how about this. | 好的 这样吧 |
[30:50] | It won’t be a party. | 没有派对 |
[30:52] | I mean, not technically, it’ll just be me and Julie. | 严格说来不算派对 只有我和Julie |
[30:54] | We’ll come over tonight and we’ll have a birthday cake | 我们今晚过来 |
[30:56] | and a couple candles? | 点蜡烛 切生日蛋糕 |
[30:57] | I don’t want a cake. | 我不想要蛋糕 |
[30:59] | Okay, fine, uh, how about a cupcake? | 好吧 杯形蛋糕怎么样 |
[31:01] | One cupcake and one candle. | 一个杯形蛋糕 一根蜡烛 |
[31:03] | Crumbs. | 要了亲命了 |
[31:04] | Okay, a plastic cupcake, a picture of a candle, | 好吧 一个塑料的杯形蛋糕 一张蜡烛照片 |
[31:08] | and I promise we won’t have any fun at all. | 我保证我们不会打闹 |
[31:12] | You know what I want? What I really want? | 你知道我想要什么什么 我真的想要什么吗 |
[31:15] | – What? Just name it. – I want you to make a left turn. | 什么 尽管说 – 我想让你左转 – 左转? |
[31:17] | – A left turn? – Right now. Turn here. | 快 在这儿转弯 |
[31:19] | – Why… what’s going on? – We’re being followed. | – 怎么了 – 我们被跟踪了 |
[31:22] | Oh, my God… oh, my God. What do I do? | 天啊 该怎么办 |
[31:29] | That’s the captain. | 上尉的电话 |
[31:31] | Are you guys okay? | 你们还好吧 |
[31:32] | We’re being followed. | 我们被跟踪了 |
[31:33] | – Is it a black SUV? – Yes. | 是黑色的SUV吗 |
[31:35] | – Nevada plates? – Yes. | – 是的 – 是的 Nevada的牌照? |
[31:37] | Okay, stay calm. | – 是的 – 是的 好的 冷静 |
[31:38] | We just got word that somebody put out | 我们刚刚得到消息 |
[31:40] | a $20,000 contract on your life. | 有人花两万买凶杀人 |
[31:42] | Contract. | 买凶杀人 |
[31:43] | Both of us, or just him? | 我们俩还是他一人? |
[31:47] | What was that? | 怎么了 有人开枪了 快开啊 |
[31:48] | Thos are gun shots. Go, go, go, go! | 有人开枪了 快开啊 |
[31:49] | – Which way? – Away from the bullets. | – 怎么开 – 躲开 |
[32:25] | Wrong way, wrong way, wrong way! | 走错了 错了 |
[32:27] | – How do you know? – It says wrong way. | – 你怎么知道 – 上面写的 |
[32:39] | Help us. | 救命啊 |
[32:40] | You gotta help us. They’re after us. | 救命啊 快救救我们 有人追我们 |
[32:45] | Oh, my God. This way! | 天啊 这边 |
[32:52] | Come on. | 快啊 |
[32:59] | The dumpster. | The dumpster. – 垃圾桶 – 不行 |
[33:00] | – I can’t. – The Port-a-John. | – 垃圾桶 – 不行 移动式厕所 |
[33:03] | Have we met? | 我你还不了解吗 |
[33:04] | – Mr. Monk, you have to choose. – I choose death. | Monk先生 你得选择 我选死 |
[33:07] | – Hey, they’re down here. – Go, go, go, go! | – 嘿 他们在这儿 – 快 快 |
[33:10] | Go, go, go, go. | 快 快 快 |
[33:18] | Why did you close it? | – 为什么盖上 |
[33:19] | Because we’re hiding. | – 要藏起来嘛 |
[33:22] | I changed my mind. | 我改变主意了 |
[33:24] | I’ll take the Port-a-John. | 我选移动式厕所 |
[33:39] | What do we do with them? | 怎么处置他们 |
[33:41] | Let’s dump them in the river. | 扔进河里 |
[33:43] | I hope they’re not talking about us. | 他们在说我们呢 |
[33:45] | Come on out, both of you. | 你们俩快出来 |
[33:49] | Let’s see your hands. Hands up. | 举起手来 |
[33:52] | Got any last words? | 有什么遗言吗 |
[33:54] | Yes, I do. | 是的 我有 |
[33:55] | There’s something I wanna say. | 我想说的是 |
[34:01] | Happy birthday, Mr. Monk. | 生日快乐 Monk先生 |
[34:02] | Surprise! | 惊喜 |
[34:14] | Gotcha! | 我还是做到了 |
[34:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:19] | You should have seen your face. | 谢谢 – 伙计 |
[34:20] | Yeah, I should’ve seen my face. | 你真该看看你的表情 – 是啊 我真该看看 |
[34:22] | – You’re not mad are you? – No, I’m okay. | – 你没事吧 不生我气吗 – 不 我很好 |
[34:24] | Hey, man. | 嘿 伙计 |
[34:26] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[34:27] | So, were you surprised? | 很惊喜吧 |
[34:29] | Oh, yes. Yes, I was. | 是的 又惊又喜 |
[34:31] | I cannot believe you got him in that dumpster. | 你居然让他进了垃圾桶 |
[34:34] | I know. You guys were great. Where did you get that SUV? | 我知道 你们都很棒 SUV哪儿来的 |
[34:36] | – Impound lot. – Uh-huh. | – 被扣留的车辆 |
[34:38] | Very funny, very funny. | – 有意思 有意思 |
[34:39] | With the car chase and the gunshots. | 追车 |
[34:41] | Very amusing. | 开枪 太好玩了 |
[34:43] | And when the guard got shot, | 警卫中弹时 |
[34:44] | that almost looked real. | 还蛮像真的 |
[34:46] | Well, that was real. We had to kill the guard. | 那就是真的 我们只能杀了他 |
[34:48] | We had to make it look authentic. | 为了逼真的效果 |
[34:50] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[34:53] | It was fake blood. | |
[34:55] | Hey, Pat, Pat… He’s right there. | 血是假的 – 嘿 |
[34:57] | I knew it! I knew it. | 他就在这儿呢 – 我就知道 |
[35:01] | Hey, Mr. Monk? | Monk先生 |
[35:02] | Look who I found. | 看看我把谁找来了 |
[35:04] | Your hero. I had to invite him. | 你的英雄 我也邀请了他 |
[35:06] | I wouldn’t have missed it. Happy birthday, Monk. | 我可不能错过 生日快乐 Monk |
[35:08] | Happy… Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[35:10] | Hey, Natalie, Monk, come here. | 嘿 Natali Monk 过来 |
[35:12] | Yeah, I, uh, don’t go away. | 别走远了 |
[35:14] | This, uh, this’ll just take a second. | 我马上回来 |
[35:15] | Say hello. | 来打个招呼 |
[35:17] | This is the guy that sold the whole thing. | 派对是他操办的 |
[35:30] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[35:32] | Hey, hey. | 嘿 |
[35:34] | – Thanks. – Well, thank you for coming. | – 谢谢 – 谢谢你来 |
[35:37] | I love your parties. | 我喜欢你的派对 |
[35:38] | Although, I have to say, if nobody gets shot or poisoned, | 不过我得说 如果没人中枪或中毒 |
[35:41] | I’m going to be very disappointed. | 那就非常扫兴了 |
[36:08] | ♪ And many more ♪ | |
[36:16] | – Come on, Mr. Monk, make a wish. – No, I really don’t think I want to… | – 快啊 Monk先生 许愿吧 – 不 我没什么想要的 |
[36:19] | Monk… make a wish. | – 许个愿吧 |
[36:22] | Okay. | – 好的 |
[36:34] | You loosened your belt. | 你松皮带 |
[36:35] | I’m making room for the cake. | 为蛋糕腾空间呢 |
[36:39] | You loosened your belt. | 你松皮带 |
[36:40] | Excuse me? | – 你说什么 – 你的工具腰带 |
[36:41] | Your tool belt. | – 你说什么 – 你的工具腰带 |
[36:43] | It didn’t fit, and I saw you loosen it. | 你戴不上 我看见你松带子 |
[36:47] | I need a Phillips-head. | 我需要菲利普斯式螺钉头 |
[36:49] | You didn’t even know what tool to use. | 你连用什么工具都不知道 |
[36:52] | It wasn’t your belt. | 那根本不是你的工具 |
[36:54] | Was it? | |
[36:57] | I know what happened. | 我知道是怎么回事了 |
[37:00] | I know the whole story. | 一切都明白了 |
[37:01] | The janitor, Bradley Foster, | 清洁工 |
[37:04] | the… the engineer from M.I.T. | Bradley Foster 麻省理工的工程师 |
[37:07] | He was the real inventor. | 他才是真正的发明者 |
[37:10] | He took the idea to Richard Meckler, which made sense. | 他把发明给Richard Meckler看 |
[37:13] | Meckler was a patent lawyer in that same building. | Meckler就在大楼办公 是专利律师 |
[37:16] | Self-cleaning vacuum. | 自动清洁吸尘器 |
[37:17] | Fourth greatest invention since the dawn of man. | 可与四大发明相媲美 |
[37:21] | Meckler knew it would be worth a fortune. | Meckler知道其中肯定有巨大的利益 |
[37:23] | You and Meckler were old pals. | 你和Meckler是老朋友 |
[37:26] | You were in it together. | 你们狼狈为奸 |
[37:28] | He killed Foster in the trash compactor, | 他杀死Foster |
[37:30] | and you were the beard. | 你冒充发明者 |
[37:33] | You were the phony inventor. | |
[37:35] | Meckler was greedy, | Meckler很贪心 |
[37:37] | but you were greedier. | 你更贪心 |
[37:39] | You decided you didn’t need a partner | 你想独吞 |
[37:41] | so you killed him. | 所以你杀了他 |
[37:43] | You poisoned him | 你在介绍会上对他下毒 |
[37:45] | at that reception. | |
[37:46] | I poisoned Richard Meckler? | 我毒死了Richard Meckler? |
[37:48] | How? | 怎么下毒呢 |
[37:49] | You were there. So were you. | 你在场 你也在场 |
[37:52] | You brought him his drink. It must have been in the drink. | 你给他一杯饮料 肯定在其中下毒 |
[37:54] | I drank from it, remember? | 我也喝了 记得不 |
[37:57] | From the same glass. | 同一杯饮料 |
[38:05] | The ice cubes. | 冰块 |
[38:08] | The ice cubes. Mine are square. | 冰块 我的是方形 |
[38:11] | These are round. | 他们的是圆形 |
[38:14] | So are yours. | 你也是 |
[38:19] | It must have been in the ice cubes. | 你对冰块做了手脚 |
[38:21] | I’ll take that. | 我去检测 |
[38:24] | That’s how you could drink from the same glass. | 虽然你喝了同一杯饮料 |
[38:26] | The ice hadn’t melted yet. | 但那时冰块还没有融化 |
[38:29] | Randy, | |
[38:30] | cuff him. | 拷上他 |
[38:32] | Don’t need handcuffs. | 不需要手铐 |
[38:37] | There you go, son, take him away. | 带他走吧 小子 |
[38:42] | Cowboy Hank! | 牛仔Hank |
[38:43] | He was available. Can you believe it? | 他宝刀未老 没想到吧 |
[38:45] | Sorry to be late, buckaroos. | 抱歉迟到了 |
[38:47] | Okay, who’s the birthday boy? | 寿星是谁 |
[38:51] | I am. | 是我 |
[38:54] | Well, ride on my saddle, happy birthday, son. | 骑上马鞍 生日快乐 孩子 谢谢 Hank |
[39:07] | Yeah, there you go! | 看啊 |
[39:09] | Well, thank you, thank you, thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[39:11] | Well, I guess it’s time for Cowboy Hank | 现在牛仔Hank该离场了 |
[39:13] | to be moseying down the trail. | |
[39:15] | Back to the old cowboy home. | 回老牛牛仔之家了 |
[39:17] | Now listen, Adrian, | 听着 |
[39:18] | I want you to keep your spurs clean, huh? | Adrian 记得经常清理踢马剌 |
[39:20] | I don’t think you have to worry about that. | 这个你不用担心 |
[39:22] | Thank you, very much, ma’am. | 非常谢谢 |
[39:32] | Well, never a dull moment. | 真是开心时刻啊 |
[39:35] | Hey, give me another chance, | 嘿 |
[39:38] | I want to have dull moments with you. | 再给我个机会吧 我想和你共度开心时刻 |
[39:42] | How about Saturday night? | 周六晚上怎么样 |
[39:46] | Okay. | 好哇 |
[39:47] | And Sunday night? | 周日晚上呢 |
[39:49] | – Sunday night too? – Yep. | – 还有周日晚上? – 是的 |
[39:51] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[39:53] | I mean, uh, | 我是说 |
[39:55] | maybe we ought to tap the breaks. | 我们该歇歇 |
[39:58] | I’m sorry, but my breaks are shot. | 不好意思 我的休息期很短 |
[40:01] | And, uh, besides I don’t want to slow down. | 我也不想放慢速度 我… |
[40:04] | I haven’t felt… | 我从没… |
[40:07] | Hell, I have… I have never felt like this. | 我从没过这样的感觉 |
[40:13] | And I don’t even know your name. | 还不知道你的名字呢 |
[40:16] | It’s Trudy. | |
[40:20] | Your name is Trudy? | 你叫Trudy? |
[40:21] | – Yeah, it’s Tru… – No… wait… your… | – 是的 – 不 等等 |
[40:24] | – Your name’s Trudy? – Yeah. | – 你叫Trudy? – 是的 |
[40:26] | Oh, that’s not gonna work. | 别啊 |
[40:28] | What? | – 怎么了 为什么 – 说来话长 |
[40:29] | Well… it’s… it’s a long story. | – 怎么了 为什么 – 说来话长 |
[40:31] | Let’s just stick with T.K., okay. | 就叫TK吧 TK不错 – |
[40:33] | – T.K. is cute. – Okay. | 好的 – 好的 |
[40:42] | For the record, Cowboy Hank went home, | 听明白了 |
[40:44] | and everybody’s still here. | 牛仔Hank回家了 可大家都在呢 |
[40:46] | They’re here for you, Mr. Monk. | 他们是为你而来 Monk先生 |
[40:48] | Hey, you guys, we had a great time. | – 嘿 我们很开心 – 别走啊 |
[40:50] | – You’re not leaving. – Okay. | 好的 |
[40:52] | Natalie, this was the best birthday I ever had. | Natalie 这是我最棒的一个生日 |
[40:57] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢 – 不客气 |
[40:59] | Don’t do it again. | 下不为例 |
[41:00] | Happy birthday, Mr. Monk. | 生日快乐 Monk先生 生日快乐 Monk |