时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | To the untrained eye, | 显而易见 |
[00:12] | it seemed like Devi had just bailed on her best friends to help a boy… | 德维抛弃了她最好的朋友 去帮助一个… |
[00:16] | who, five minutes ago, | 就在五分钟前 |
[00:17] | wanted nothing to do with her. | 还不想和她扯上关系的男孩 |
[00:19] | Are you coming to the drama room? | 你来戏剧教室了吗 |
[00:22] | Just had to do one quick thing. It’s super important. | 我还有件急事要做 很重要 |
[00:24] | I’ll be there in, like, ten minutes. | 我马上过去 等我十分钟 |
[00:26] | But as you can see, she had a plan. | 不难看出 她已经有计划了 |
[00:28] | She could help out Paxton and Eleanor. | 她可以同时帮到帕克斯顿和埃莉诺 |
[00:30] | And doesn’t that make her an even better friend, | 这样她就不只是更好的朋友了 |
[00:32] | nay, a better person? | 她还是更好的人 |
[00:34] | Hi, Paxton. You said you needed me. | 帕克斯顿 你说你需要我 |
[00:36] | It’s not me who needs you. It’s my sister. | 不是我 是我姐姐 |
[00:39] | – What? – She’s applying to fashion school, | -什么 -她在申请时装设计学校 |
[00:41] | and was gonna shoot her portfolio today, | 本来今天要拍摄作品集 |
[00:42] | but none of her coworkers showed up to help. | 但是她的同事都没有过来帮忙 |
[00:44] | Wait. Your text made it seem like this was an emergency. | 等等 你发的短信像是有紧急情况 |
[00:47] | I mean, it’s a fashion emergency. | 时装紧急情况 |
[00:48] | A fashion emergency? | 时装紧急情况 |
[00:50] | I just ditched my friends for this. | 我抛下我朋友过来找你 |
[00:52] | Come on. Look, she’s really upset. | 拜托了 她真的很沮丧 |
[00:54] | All right? The photographer’s already here, paid for. | 好吗 雇的摄影师已经到这了 |
[00:57] | – And since you’ve met Rebecca– – Paxton, I can’t. | -既然你见过丽贝卡… -帕克斯顿 不行 |
[01:00] | Please. Look, it won’t take that long. | 求你了 真的 不会太久 |
[01:02] | You just have to model a few outfits. | 你只需要当模特换几身衣服 |
[01:03] | Wait. Model? | 等等 模特 |
[01:05] | You want me to model? | 你让我做模特 |
[01:07] | Devi. Thank you. | 德维 谢谢你 |
[01:09] | You’re a lifesaver. | 你救了我的命 |
[01:15] | Okay, but we have to do this fast. | 好吧 但一定要快点 |
[01:21] | What is that? | 你在干什么 |
[01:22] | Tyra says the broken-down baby doll | 泰拉[超模]说这个出故障了的玩偶姿势 |
[01:24] | is the most editorial look. | 是杂志上最经典的造型 |
[01:26] | Can you just, like, stand normal? | 你能正常地站着吗 |
[01:28] | Like catalog? Sure. | 像时装目录一样吗 好的 |
[01:31] | You’re doing great, Devi. | 非常棒 德维 |
[01:33] | Don’t need the hands in the face. | 不用把手放在脸上 |
[01:35] | Or in the hair. | 也不用撩头发 |
[01:37] | Okay, just stand flat to camera | 你就面对镜头直直站着 |
[01:39] | with your arms at your side like a paper doll. | 像纸娃娃一样把手放在两侧 |
[01:41] | Kinda thought this would be more of a collab, but okay. | 我觉得这样层次会更丰富 但是好吧 |
[01:44] | You look good. | 很好看 |
[01:45] | ‘Cause these clothes are sick. | 因为这衣服太好看了 |
[01:47] | When you become a famous designer, could I be your muse, | 等你出名之后我可以做你的缪斯吗 |
[01:49] | like Bella Hadid is for Dior? | 像贝拉·哈迪德[模特]给迪奥当缪斯一样 |
[01:51] | I’ll probably just get a real model. | 我可能会请真的模特吧 |
[01:54] | Fair enough. | 说的也是 |
[01:57] | I don’t know, Becca. She’s kinda pulling it off. | 我不知道 贝卡 她穿得挺好看的 |
[02:02] | Too many teeth. I can see all of your teeth. | 牙齿露太多了 我能看到你全部牙齿了 |
[02:04] | Please close your mouth. | 请合上嘴巴 |
[02:15] | That’s it. It’s over. I’m giving up acting. | 没错 就这样吧 我再也不演戏了 |
[02:17] | Say goodbye to my little friend! | 再也不见 |
[02:21] | 法比奥拉 你在哪 | |
[02:22] | Hope you enjoyed that because that was my final impression. | 希望你们喜欢 因为这是我最后一场了 |
[02:25] | That’s all folks! | 就这样吧 |
[02:28] | Okay, that was my last impression. | 好吧 这才是最后一场 |
[02:30] | Eleanor, come on, that’s a little dramatic. | 埃莉诺 你太多戏了 |
[02:33] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[02:36] | I shouldn’t be so dramatic. | 我是不应该这么多戏 |
[02:38] | Because from this point on, | 因为从现在开始 |
[02:40] | drama is no longer part of my life. | 我的生命中再也没有”戏”这个字 |
[02:44] | Hello. My name is Eleanor. | 你好 我叫埃莉诺 |
[02:45] | My favorite color is beige, and my dream is to be an accountant. | 我最喜欢的颜色是米色 我想做个会计师 |
[02:48] | Oh, God. Where’s Devi? | 天啊 德维在哪里 |
[02:50] | She was supposed to be here an hour ago. | 她一个小时前就该来了 |
[02:56] | What the hell? | 怎么回事 |
[02:58] | Thanks for helping out today. | 今天谢谢你 |
[02:59] | It was awesome. | 很有意思 |
[03:00] | Did I do okay? | 我做得怎么样 |
[03:01] | Rebecca seemed really happy. | 丽贝卡很开心 |
[03:07] | I don’t want to make this weird, | 我不想让气氛尴尬 |
[03:08] | but, like, thanks for not telling people I lied about us. | 但是谢谢你没有跟别人说我撒谎了 |
[03:12] | Well, I don’t fake kiss and tell. | 我不会编东西到处说 |
[03:16] | Does this mean we can be friends again? | 这么说我们还能做朋友 |
[03:19] | Yeah. We’re good. | 对 我们没事 |
[03:21] | Devi felt relieved. | 德维松了一口气 |
[03:23] | She had dug herself out of a hole with Paxton, | 她解决掉了和帕克斯顿之间的麻烦 |
[03:25] | and while there might be no chance of romance anymore, | 虽然他们之间没有可能 |
[03:28] | at least she had a friend, | 但至少还是朋友 |
[03:29] | because after all, isn’t friendship the most important– | 因为到最后 友谊难道不是最重要的… |
[03:32] | You’re at Paxton’s house? | 你在帕克斯顿家 |
[03:33] | Oh, God. Fab and Eleanor. | 天啊 法布和埃莉诺 |
[03:35] | I gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[03:36] | See you at school. | 学校见 |
[03:37] | Stop. | 回来 |
[03:39] | You don’t get to keep the clothes. | 你不能把衣服穿走 |
[03:41] | Well, I think Gisele usually gets an outfit for her troubles, so… | 吉赛尔[超模]不是也经常能拿到衣服 所以… |
[03:47] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:52] | Here’s the birthday boy. | 小寿星来了 |
[03:55] | Do you like your cake? | 喜欢你的蛋糕吗 |
[04:00] | Yeah, I love it. It’s, uh… It’s me. | 我很喜欢 这是… 这是我 |
[04:03] | I didn’t know who you were a fan of these days, | 我也不知道你最近喜欢谁 |
[04:06] | so I decided to have it made after my favorite star. | 所以我就做了一个我最喜欢的人 |
[04:10] | Oh, I want a photo of you next to your cake head. | 你过去一点 我要给你和蛋糕拍张照 |
[04:13] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[04:16] | Oh, honey, don’t lean back. That’s not attractive. | 宝贝 别往后仰 这样不好看 |
[04:18] | There you go. Yes! | 就这样 很好 |
[04:22] | Listen, sweetie, I’m so, so sorry. | 听着儿子 我很抱歉 |
[04:25] | We have to go away on your birthday. | 我们要在你生日这天离开 |
[04:27] | The moved up the launch of 2 Chainz’s new line of spiced rum, | 双链大师[饶舌歌手]的调味朗姆酒发布时间提前了 |
[04:30] | and he says he needs me there. | 他说要我过去 |
[04:32] | Yeah, but we could cancel if you want us to. | 你想我们陪你的话 我们可以取消的 |
[04:35] | Because I would be more than happy to not go to the Caribbean today… | 如果今天可以不用去加勒比 我会很开心… |
[04:39] | and just stay here with my baby boy. | 我还可以在这里陪你过生日 |
[04:41] | Bubelah, you say the word, | 宝贝 只要你开口 |
[04:43] | I’ll get 2 on the phone and tell him I’m not coming. | 我会马上给他打电话 说我不去了 |
[04:47] | No, you should go. Sixteen’s not like a big birthday. | 不用 你们去吧 16岁生日也不是很重要 |
[04:52] | Uh, it’s fine. We can celebrate when you get back. | 没事的 等你们回来我们再一起庆祝 |
[04:55] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[04:57] | Okay. Well, you know what? | 好吧 不如这样 |
[04:58] | If we’re gonna be out of town, you should throw yourself a party. | 既然我们不在 你可以在家办个派对啊 |
[05:01] | Absolutely! | 好主意 |
[05:04] | – You have to have a party. – No, I don’t think so. | -你一定要办个派对 -我不太想 |
[05:06] | What? | 什么 |
[05:07] | When I was in high school, I would’ve killed to have a birthday party | 我上高中的时候不知道有多想在这样的房子里 |
[05:10] | in a nice house like this. | 办个生日派对 |
[05:11] | I’ll think about it. | 我会考虑一下 |
[05:13] | You guys should get going. You’re gonna miss your plane. | 你们该走了 不然会赶不上飞机的 |
[05:15] | Oh, Howard, why don’t you give him some cash, you know, so he doesn’t starve. | 霍华德 给他留点钱吧 免得他没饭吃 |
[05:19] | Thousand dollars sound good? | 一千块够吗 |
[05:22] | But if you need more, just call. | 要是不够 随时开口 |
[05:26] | Happy birthday, my favorite son. | 生日快乐 我最喜欢的儿子 |
[05:32] | – You know, he’s your only son. – That’s why he’s my favorite. | -你就这一个儿子 -所以我最喜欢他 |
[05:35] | I know, but it sounds like you have other children. | 听起来像你还有其他孩子 |
[05:43] | – Love you. – Bye, bye. | -爱你们 -再见 |
[05:56] | Have you seen Eleanor and Fabiola? | 看到埃莉诺和法比奥拉没 |
[05:57] | Sorry, I haven’t. | 没见到 |
[05:59] | Then again, my eyes can’t really pick up anything below six. | 长相低于6分的人我会自动忽略 |
[06:01] | Ben, I don’t have time to listen to you pretend to have standards. | 本 我没时间听你瞎编的评分标准 |
[06:08] | What’s going on? Are you okay? | 你怎么了 还好吗 |
[06:11] | Birthday acknowledgment, Ben. | 生日顺意 本 |
[06:14] | -Uh, thanks. – I don’t want to presume it’s a happy one. | -谢谢 -我不想假定你的生日是快乐的 |
[06:18] | It’s okay if it’s a sad one or a neutral one. | 就算是不开心也好或者普普通通也好 |
[06:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:22] | However you’re feeling is right. | 你有什么样的感觉都好 |
[06:24] | Just have a day. | 享受今天吧 |
[06:29] | Is it your birthday? Why didn’t you say something? | 今天是你的生日吗 你怎么不说 |
[06:32] | This is the one day I have to be nice to you. | 我唯一要在今天对你好点 |
[06:34] | Then why did you punch me? | 那你为什么还打我 |
[06:36] | That was a friendship punch. | 是作为朋友拍你的 |
[06:38] | So, are you gonna have a party or something? | 所以 你要开个派对吗 |
[06:40] | Yeah, I don’t really make a big deal about birthdays. | 我觉得过生日没什么重要的 |
[06:42] | I’m sort of a low-key man of mystery. | 我比较低调神秘 |
[06:44] | You Instagrammed your PSAT score. | 你可在网上晒过你的考试成绩 |
[06:47] | Only to inspire others to try to achieve the impossible. | 那只是为了激励大家好好学习 |
[06:49] | Yo, Devi. | 德维 |
[06:51] | Rebecca uploaded your pictures to her Wix site. You want to see? | 丽贝卡在她的网站上发了你的照片 你要看吗 |
[06:58] | You look great here. | 拍得很好看 |
[07:02] | You know what, Devi? | 这样吧 德维 |
[07:03] | I actually think I am going to have a party tonight. | 我还是决定今晚要办一个派对 |
[07:05] | – Really? – Yeah. | -是吗 -对 |
[07:07] | So you should come if you want. | 如果你想 也可以来 |
[07:08] | Okay. Awesome. | 好吧 太好了 |
[07:10] | I’ll be there. | 我会去的 |
[07:11] | Can Paxton come? | 帕克斯顿可以去吗 |
[07:15] | Yeah, definitely. | 好 当然了 |
[07:16] | Cool. And how about Trent? | 好的 特伦特也可以去吗 |
[07:19] | Yeah, sure. Whatever. | 好啊 都可以 |
[07:21] | Anyone can come. Party at my house tonight. | 大家都可以来 今晚来我家开派对 |
[07:41] | Guys… | 各位… |
[07:43] | I know you’re mad at me, | 我知道你们生我的气 |
[07:45] | but I did come to the drama room eventually. | 但我最后还是赶到了戏剧教室 |
[07:47] | I can’t believe you ditched us for him. | 真不敢相信你为了他抛弃我们 |
[07:49] | I know, and I am really sorry, but Paxton had an emergency too. | 我知道 我真的知道错了 但帕克斯顿也有紧急情况 |
[07:54] | Was it worse than having your mom abandon you? | 比被妈妈抛弃还要糟吗 |
[07:56] | Let’s see. Paxton’s emergency was a fun photo shoot, | 这么说吧 帕克斯顿的紧急情况是一次好玩的拍照 |
[08:00] | so no, it was not worse than having your mom abandon you. | 所以不会比被妈妈抛弃糟糕 |
[08:03] | Keep your mouth shut, Devi. | 别说了 德维 |
[08:04] | I’ll make it up to you guys. Did you hear about Ben’s party? | 我会弥补的 你们听说本的派对了吗 |
[08:07] | We can go together. | 我们可以一起去 |
[08:08] | We can get everyone drunk with Fabiola’s bomb beer pong skills. | 法比奥拉那么擅长啤酒乒乓 我们可以把其他人都灌醉 |
[08:12] | We are going to the party, Devi, but not with you. | 德维 我们会去派对 不过不是和你一起 |
[08:16] | Eleanor, what are you wearing? | 埃莉诺 你穿的是什么 |
[08:18] | You look like a sad librarian. | 像个伤心的图书管理员 |
[08:19] | I’m different since I quit the play. | 我不再演戏之后就不一样了 |
[08:22] | I’m no longer a creative person, | 我再没有创造力 |
[08:23] | therefore, I no longer require a colorful appearance. | 也就意味着我不需要彩色的衣服 |
[08:26] | Listen, I know I’ve been a bad friend, | 听我说 我知道我很过分 |
[08:29] | – but I really… – Yeah, you have. | -但我真的想… -对 是很过分 |
[08:30] | You just promised that you’d be there for us | 你答应过你会陪我们的 |
[08:32] | and then immediately blew us off. | 但是你转头就抛弃我们 |
[08:34] | I didn’t really blow you guys off. I just had– | 我没有抛弃你们 我就是… |
[08:36] | Eric was more compassionate to Eleanor’s pain than you were. | 埃里克比你更能理解埃莉诺的痛苦 |
[08:39] | He gave her a baggy of gummy worms to cheer her up. | 他为了让她开心送了她一包毛毛虫软糖 |
[08:42] | They were very old, and hard, and covered with lint. | 那糖又老又硬 上面还有线头 |
[08:45] | I did not eat them. | 我没吃 |
[08:46] | We’re supposed to be best friends. I left a funeral to be by your side | 我们应该是最好的朋友 我为你离开了一场葬礼 |
[08:50] | after Nick Jonas married an Indian woman that wasn’t you. | 因为尼克·乔纳斯[歌手]娶了一个不是你的印度老婆 |
[08:53] | That was very hard on me. | 我当时真的很伤心 |
[08:55] | Oh, yeah? Guess what? My mother leaving was pretty hard on me too. | 是吗 你猜怎么的 我妈妈离开我也让我很伤心 |
[08:58] | Of course. I know that, and I am so sorry– | 对的 我知道 我真的很抱歉… |
[09:00] | Fabiola and I are gonna take a friend break from you. | 法比奥拉和我决定和你分开一段时间 |
[09:04] | I beg your P? | 再重复一遍 |
[09:06] | We just need some space right now. | 我们需要给彼此一些空间 |
[09:07] | Maybe losing us will make you appreciate our friendship a little bit more. | 也许我们的离开会让你认识到友谊的重要性 |
[09:19] | I just think it’s super unfair of them to stop speaking to me. | 她们不跟我说话对我来说很不公平 |
[09:22] | Well, you did abandon them to do an amateur fashion show | 但是你抛下他们去做了一次业余的模特 |
[09:26] | for a boy you barely even know. | 为了一个不熟的男孩 |
[09:27] | But I said I was sorry. | 但我已经道歉了 |
[09:29] | If women didn’t accept each other’s apologies, | 如果女人不接受彼此的道歉 |
[09:32] | The View would grind to a halt. | “观点”[脱口秀]也该停播了 |
[09:34] | Okay, so you want to talk about how to make it better with them? | 好吧 那么你想谈谈怎么补救吗 |
[09:38] | No. I don’t care. | 不想 我不在乎 |
[09:40] | I’m just gonna go to this party tonight and hang out with my cooler friends, | 我打算今晚在派对上和我那些更酷的朋友一起玩 |
[09:43] | like Paxton and Trent. | 比如帕克斯顿和特伦特 |
[09:44] | We’re more alike anyways. | 我们更像是同类人 |
[09:46] | I find it a little hard to believe | 我有点不敢相信 |
[09:48] | that losing both your best friends isn’t bothering you at all. | 失去最好的朋友对你来说居然不算什么 |
[09:52] | Well, believe it, because I give zero F’s. | 你最好相信 因为我真的不在乎 |
[09:54] | I think you give many F’s. | 我觉得你很在乎 |
[09:56] | If that were me, | 如果我是你 |
[09:57] | I’d be scared to lose two more people that were that close to me. | 再失去两个和我最亲密的人我会很害怕 |
[10:02] | You’re bringing it back to my dad, aren’t you? | 你还是会说我爸爸的事 对吧 |
[10:05] | I am. | 没错 |
[10:06] | I’d be a bad therapist if I didn’t. | 如果不这样 我就是个不称职的治疗师 |
[10:10] | Devi, listen. | 德维 听我说 |
[10:12] | You were so traumatized by your dad’s death, | 你爸爸的去世带给你很大的创伤 |
[10:15] | you lost the use of your legs for three months. | 你甚至有三个月都不能走路 |
[10:18] | Yeah, I know. What does that have to do with anything? | 对 我知道 但这有什么关系呢 |
[10:21] | This thing with your friends, | 你和朋友的事情 |
[10:24] | baby girl, that’s your grief. | 是因为你内心悲痛 |
[10:26] | So, my dad dies, and suddenly, my friends are bitches? | 所以我爸爸过世 我的朋友们就该和我闹掰 |
[10:29] | Devi, you are so desperate to not feel sad, | 德维 你为了逃避悲伤 |
[10:32] | you’ve made your whole world about this boy. | 就把这个男孩当成你的全世界 |
[10:35] | I’m a teenager. | 我是个青少年 |
[10:37] | My whole world is about boys. | 我的世界就应该是关于男生的 |
[10:39] | I want you to allow yourself | 我希望你能够允许自己 |
[10:42] | to acknowledge the pain you so clearly feel. | 正视内心感受到的痛苦 |
[10:45] | So you’re saying I should get over my sadness | 你的意思是我要非常伤心 |
[10:47] | by getting really sad? | 才能够消除我的悲伤 |
[10:49] | Why would I do that? | 我为什么要这样 |
[10:51] | So I can be miserable and realize the person I love the most | 让我变得可悲 意识到我最爱的人 |
[10:54] | is never ever coming back? | 永远都回不来了 |
[10:56] | Yes! | 对的 |
[10:57] | Because I think that would help you heal. | 因为这样才能让你痊愈 |
[11:01] | Well, I think I should get a different therapist. | 我觉得我应该换一个心理医生 |
[11:06] | And I think you might be right. | 我觉得你说得对 |
[11:10] | What? | 什么 |
[11:11] | I want the best for you. | 我是为了你好 |
[11:12] | You know that. | 你知道的 |
[11:14] | But maybe you would benefit from a different approach. | 也许换一种方式会对你有好处 |
[11:18] | Are you serious? You’re breaking up with me too? | 开什么玩笑 你也要和我分手 |
[11:20] | – Oh, this is not a breakup. – You know what? | -这不是分手 -别说了 |
[11:23] | This is perfect. I’ve always hated coming here. | 这样很好 反正我也想来这 |
[11:26] | So, peace out. See you never. | 我走了 再也不见 |
[11:35] | It’s ticking. | 在走了 |
[11:37] | Good work, Kamala. | 太好了 卡玛拉 |
[11:39] | Wow, this grandfather clock is so handsome. | 这个落地摆钟太好看了 |
[11:42] | Almost makes me blush. | 我都要害羞了 |
[11:45] | What’s going on? Why do we have a spooky Scooby-Doo clock? | 怎么了 这个吓人的史酷比钟是从哪来的 |
[11:49] | Kamala’s future husband is visiting tomorrow, | 卡玛拉的准老公明晚要来做客 |
[11:51] | and I thought the house could do with a little touch of elegance. | 我们想要把这个家装扮得更优雅一点 |
[11:54] | He’s not my future husband yet. He’s a potential future husband. | 他还不是我的准老公 他可能是我的准老公 |
[11:58] | To that end, do not touch the clock, Devi. | 所以呢 千万别碰这个钟 德维 |
[12:02] | I’m returning it to the store as soon as Prashant leaves. | 普拉桑特一走我就要把这个钟退回去 |
[12:05] | Sure. Well, it feels like I’ll just be in your way if I stay here tonight. | 好的 听上去我如果今晚待在家应该会碍手碍脚 |
[12:09] | Maybe I should go over to Eleanor’s for a study session. | 要不然我去找埃莉诺一起写作业 |
[12:12] | We have un million French verbs to conjugate over le weekend. | 我们这个周末有无数个法语动词要学习 |
[12:17] | Verbs like “to party”? | 动词指”开派对” |
[12:19] | “To drink alcohol”? | “喝酒” |
[12:21] | “To try opioids”? | “吸点鸦片”吗 |
[12:23] | Uh-huh, yes. I know Ben Gross is having a party. | 没错 我知道本·格罗斯要开派对 |
[12:26] | I’m a dermatologist. Half my patients are acne-faced teenagers, | 我是个皮肤科医生 一半的病人都是长青春痘的青少年 |
[12:30] | and boy, do they love to talk. | 他们可爱说话了 |
[12:32] | But it’s Ben’s birthday, | 可这是本的生日 |
[12:33] | and you know how sad and lonely he is. | 你也知道他有多难过多孤独 |
[12:36] | If I don’t go, he might hurt himself. | 我要是不去 他搞不好会伤害自己 |
[12:40] | The only person who hurts themselves at parties is you. | 除了你没人会在派对上伤到自己 |
[12:44] | The last one you were at, you got bitten by a coyote, | 你上次去派对就被郊狼咬了 |
[12:47] | the cousin of the wolf! | 它们和狼是一家 |
[12:49] | So you will stay here, and you will study with Kamala, | 所以你就待在家里和卡玛拉一起学习 |
[12:52] | the cousin of you. | 你们才是一家 |
[12:54] | That’s so unfair. | 这样不公平 |
[12:55] | Oh, actually, I was planning to work at the Caltech library tonight. | 我其实打算今晚去加州理工的图书馆工作 |
[13:00] | Why don’t you just work here? | 那为什么不能在家工作 |
[13:01] | I’m paying through my nose for ultra-fast internet. | 我花那么多钱办理高速宽带 |
[13:03] | Someone should use it. | 总要有人用啊 |
[13:04] | Sorry, Nalini Auntie. Of course, I’ll stay here | 对不起 娜里妮姑妈 我会待在家里 |
[13:07] | and take advantage of your top-notch Wi-Fi. | 连上速度一流的无线网 |
[13:09] | Great. So you’ll supervise Devi. | 很好 你看着德维 |
[13:12] | Where will you be? | 那你去哪儿 |
[13:13] | I am taking my nurses to see the musical Waitress | 我要带我的护士们去看音乐剧”女服务生” |
[13:16] | as a bonding exercise. | 算是团队建设 |
[13:18] | Apparently, American workplaces need fun perks | 显然 美国人需要一些工作之外的娱乐活动 |
[13:21] | to keep the employees interested in earning a paycheck. | 才能保持住员工的积极性 |
[13:23] | Anyway, I’ll be home by 11:00, | 总之 我11点回家 |
[13:25] | and I expect you to be in bed by then. | 那时候你们应该已经睡觉了 |
[13:40] | Hey, Trent. Hey, Marcus. | 嗨 特伦特 嗨 马库斯 |
[13:42] | Uh, can I get a cup of that punch? | 可以给我一杯潘趣酒吗 |
[13:44] | Oh, it’s not punch. It’s grandma juice, | 这可不是潘趣酒 这是混合酒 |
[13:46] | ’cause one sip makes you demented. | 因为只要一滴就会让你发疯 |
[13:49] | Right? | 对吧 |
[13:50] | Whoa, like, whoa. | 就这样 |
[13:52] | Tell me what you think, bro. | 哥们 你觉得怎么样 |
[13:53] | Exactly. | 这就对了 |
[13:55] | How is your grandma, Trent? | 你的奶奶怎么样 特伦特 |
[13:59] | She has her good days. | 她还不错 |
[14:03] | While most of her classmates partied the night away at Ben’s, | 德维的大部分同学都去了本的派对 |
[14:06] | Devi was trapped at home with only her calculator as company. | 她却被困在家里与计算器为伴 |
[14:09] | Dammit. | 该死 |
[14:11] | But even the calculator died of boredom. | 但就连计算器都无聊到没电了 |
[14:14] | Kamala, where are the batteries? | 卡玛拉 电池在哪里 |
[14:18] | Kamala, batteries! | 卡玛拉 电池 |
[14:20] | Kamala! | 卡玛拉 |
[14:28] | Whoa. Kamala? | 天啊 卡玛拉 |
[14:30] | Devi! | 德维 |
[14:31] | Uh, this is my co-worker, Steve. | 这是我的同事 史蒂夫 |
[14:36] | We’re doing some research. | 我们在做研究 |
[14:38] | On how to hook up? | 研究怎么上床吗 |
[14:40] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[14:42] | I can’t imagine what you must think of me. | 我不敢想象你现在怎么看我 |
[14:44] | I’m so ashamed. | 我好丢脸 |
[14:46] | Um, I think you’re friggin’ cool. | 我觉得你太酷了 |
[14:48] | You snuck a boy into the house. Have you done that before? | 你偷偷带男孩回家 你之前这么做过吗 |
[14:51] | – No. – Yep. I know the whole roof by touch. | -没有 -对 我已经摸熟屋顶了 |
[14:53] | Steve! | 史蒂夫 |
[14:54] | Holy shit. | 我靠 |
[14:56] | This is amazing. | 太棒了 |
[14:57] | You’re not perfect. | 你也不是完美的 |
[14:59] | You’re bad like me. | 你和我一样坏 |
[15:00] | Steve, why don’t you go downstairs and get a snack? | 史蒂夫 你先下楼去吃点东西吧 |
[15:04] | Oh, I’m not hungry. Thank you. | 我不饿 谢谢 |
[15:05] | I obviously need to talk to my cousin! | 我要跟我表妹谈话 |
[15:09] | Gotcha. Will do. | 明白了 这就去 |
[15:16] | Wow, Kamala. Wow! | 天啊 卡玛拉 天啊 |
[15:20] | Okay, so now you know I have a secret boyfriend. | 好吧 现在你知道了我有一个秘密男友 |
[15:24] | I wouldn’t normally bring him into the house while anyone was awake, | 我通常不会在你们醒着的时候把他带回来 |
[15:26] | but he’s been feeling insecure because Prashant is coming. | 不过普拉桑特要来了 他有点没安全感 |
[15:30] | Oh, my God. Right. | 天啊 对 |
[15:32] | You’re in a legit love triangle. | 你陷入了三角恋 |
[15:33] | It’s not a triangle. | 不是三角恋 |
[15:35] | It’s more of a line and a dot if you’re really going to graph it. | 非要说的话就是一条线和一个点 |
[15:38] | But Prashant is just a formality to appease my parents. | 普拉桑特只是我应付父母的缓兵之计 |
[15:42] | But I’m not going to marry him. | 我没打算嫁给他 |
[15:44] | He’s a complete stranger. | 我完全不了解他 |
[15:47] | No offense, Kamala, but I finally respect you. | 没有冒犯你的意思 但我终于开始尊重你了 |
[15:49] | That’s very rude, Devi. | 这么说非常不好 德维 |
[15:51] | So, would you mind not telling your mom about this? | 所以能不能答应我不要告诉你妈妈 |
[15:57] | Right. | 对啊 |
[16:00] | I’m gonna have to blackmail you. | 我要用这个勒索你 |
[16:13] | Devi had bought herself two hours at Ben’s party. | 德维换来两个小时参加去本的派对 |
[16:16] | Unfortunately, those two hours began with her very uncool arrival. | 只可惜这两个小时有一个不太好的开场 |
[16:20] | Promise me you’ll be home by 11:00. | 答应我 你一定要在11点前回家 |
[16:23] | If you’re late, I can’t protect you from “you know who.” | 你要是回来晚了 我可没法从”神秘人”手里救你 |
[16:26] | I promise. I’ll make sure I’m home before my mom. | 我答应你 我一定在我妈回家前到家 |
[16:30] | Hey, Kamala, | 嘿 卡玛拉 |
[16:32] | thanks for being cool about me blackmailing you. | 谢谢你没有怪我勒索你 |
[16:40] | Don’t drink too many sodas, or you’ll be up all night. | 别喝太多汽水 要不你晚上会睡不着 |
[16:43] | Don’t be up with Steve all night. | 别和史蒂夫一整晚都不睡 |
[16:46] | Devi felt excited about going to the party of the year. | 德维很激动能够来到这个年度派对 |
[16:49] | That is until she remembered that her best friends were coming, | 直到她意识到她最好的朋友也会来 |
[16:52] | and they currently hated her, | 而且她们现在反目成仇 |
[16:53] | but hey, this was a rager. Maybe she wouldn’t even see them. | 不过话说回来 派对这么大 她们不一定会遇到 |
[17:01] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[17:03] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[17:05] | ‘Sup, Devi? You just missed our pre-game. | 你好 德维 你刚刚错过很多 |
[17:07] | We ate nachos and watched two SpongeBobs. | 我们吃了玉米片还看了两集”海绵宝宝” |
[17:10] | What? Oh, right. We’re supposed to be mad at her. | 怎么了 对了 我们该生她的气 |
[17:13] | Beat it, Vishwakumar. | 走吧 维什瓦库马尔 |
[17:17] | Um, I really like your suit, Fab. | 你的衣服很漂亮 法布 |
[17:19] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[17:21] | Hey, Eleanor, I heard that there were drinks by the pool. | 埃莉诺 我听说泳池边有酒 |
[17:25] | Oh… yes. | 对 |
[17:32] | Wow. I’m sensing a lot of tension right now. | 我察觉到气氛很紧张 |
[17:57] | Devi! You came. | 德维 你来了 |
[18:00] | Welcome to mi casa. | 欢迎光临 |
[18:01] | Wow. Like, I knew you were rich, | 天啊 我知道你家有钱 |
[18:04] | but this is like the house they live in in The Bachelor. | 可这像”单身汉”[真人秀节目]里面的那栋房子 |
[18:07] | Wait. Is it that house? | 等等 不会就是那个吧 |
[18:09] | No, but it was used in a Peloton commercial once. | 不是 但是健身公司在这里拍过广告 |
[18:13] | Here, let me give you a tour. | 来吧 我带你转转 |
[18:18] | Take a right. | 向右转 |
[18:21] | Oh, my God. Is this a friggin’ screening room? | 我的天啊 这间是放映厅吗 |
[18:26] | Can you imagine watching Finding Nemo on this? | 你能想象在这里看”海底总动员”吗 |
[18:28] | He’d be like this big. | 尼莫会有这么大 |
[18:31] | Thanks. My dad tore down a historical landmark to build it. | 谢谢 我爸爸为了建这个拆了栋古建筑 |
[18:35] | Aren’t your parents gonna be pissed you threw a huge party here? | 你办这么大的派对 你爸妈会很生气吧 |
[18:39] | They’re the ones who told me to throw it. | 是他们让我办的 |
[18:41] | I think they feel guilty about ditching me on my birthday. | 他们在生日抛下我有点愧疚 |
[18:44] | Oh. I’m sorry. That sucks. | 抱歉 真糟糕 |
[18:47] | I’m used to it. | 我习惯了 |
[18:48] | My life’s kinda like Home Alone, | 我的生活就像”小鬼当家[电影]” |
[18:50] | but if the parents realized that Kevin got left behind, | 只不过我的父母知道孩子被落在家里 |
[18:53] | and they just like stayed in Paris. | 不过他们却喜欢在巴黎 |
[18:56] | That’s messed up, dude. | 真的很惨 哥们 |
[18:58] | Well, I brought you a present. | 可是 我给你带礼物了 |
[19:02] | My mom would be mad if she found out I came here, | 我妈妈要是知道我来了肯定会气疯的 |
[19:04] | but she’d kill me if I came empty-handed. | 可如果她我如果空手来的绝对会杀了我 |
[19:08] | Wow. Thank you. | 天啊 谢谢 |
[19:11] | It’s actually the only present I got | 这是我收到的第一份生日礼物 |
[19:13] | other than a postcard from my dentist. | 除了我的牙医送我的明信片 |
[19:16] | Happy birthday, Ben. | 生日快乐 本 |
[19:21] | Were you just trying to kiss me? | 你刚是想要亲我吗 |
[19:23] | Uh… No. Yes, I’m sorry. | 不是 是 对不起 |
[19:26] | I don’t… I don’t know what I was thinking. | 我也不知道我在想什么 |
[19:29] | Just forget I did that. | 你就当什么都没发生 |
[19:32] | It’s cool. | 没事 |
[19:36] | It’s cool? | 没事吗 |
[19:41] | Ben! What the hell? | 本 你搞什么 |
[19:44] | Don’t you have a girlfriend? | 你不是有女朋友吗 |
[19:46] | Yeah. I’m an idiot. Um… | 对 我就是个蠢货 |
[19:48] | Okay. Now it’s weird. | 好了 现在很尴尬了 |
[19:51] | You’ve made it weird. | 都是你搞得这么尴尬 |
[19:53] | I’m just gonna go get a drink. | 我先去喝点东西 |
[20:04] | Hey, I’m really sorry. I’m kinda drunk. | 对不起 我有点喝多了 |
[20:06] | Yeah, I can tell. | 对 我看出来了 |
[20:08] | No, I’m serious. I had way too much of Trent’s punch. | 我说的是真的 我喝了很多特伦特调的酒 |
[20:10] | Don’t drink that, by the way. | 你最好也别喝了 |
[20:12] | Why? Is it laced with something? | 为什么 里面掺东西了吗 |
[20:14] | LSD? CBD? MDMA? | 致幻剂 大麻 还是摇头丸 |
[20:17] | No, Trent just put his balls in it. | 不是 特伦特把蛋蛋放到里面了 |
[20:18] | See, they’re all laughing at anyone who drinks it now. | 你看有人喝酒的时候他们笑得多开心 |
[20:21] | Oh! She’s about to drink it. | 她要喝了 |
[20:28] | Fabiola, no! | 法比奥拉 不要 |
[20:37] | What the hell, Devi? | 你干什么 德维 |
[20:39] | This suit is Anjelica Huston for Kohl’s. | 这是安杰丽卡·休斯顿[演员]和科尔士商场的合作款 |
[20:41] | I spent all my science fair winnings on it. | 我花了所有科学竞赛的奖金买的 |
[20:43] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[20:45] | – Trent put his balls in– – I don’t care. | -特伦特把他的蛋蛋… -我不在乎 |
[20:47] | I don’t want to hear another weak excuse about why you’re acting crazy. | 我不想听你为自己奇怪的行为找一些站不住脚的借口 |
[20:51] | What does that mean? | 你是什么意思 |
[20:53] | – Fabiola, let’s just go. Come on. – No! | -法比奥拉 我们走吧 -不行 |
[20:56] | I’m popping off. | 我还没说够 |
[20:57] | I just wanted one night where I wasn’t sucked into your drama, | 我能不能有一个晚上不卷进你的这些破事 |
[21:00] | and now I am drenched in it. | 看来是不可能的 |
[21:02] | Not everything is about you and your problems! | 世界不是围着你和你的问题转的 |
[21:04] | My problems? | 我的问题 |
[21:05] | I’m so sorry it’s such an inconvenience for you that my dad died. | 我很抱歉我爸爸的死给你带来麻烦了 |
[21:09] | Yeah, I know he did, | 对 我知道 |
[21:11] | but that doesn’t give you a free pass to treat us like crap. | 但你不能把这个当借口一直把我们当垃圾对待 |
[21:14] | I don’t treat you guys like crap. | 我没有把你们当成垃圾 |
[21:16] | You’ve turned into this fake person | 你变成了一个虚假的人 |
[21:18] | that only cares about popularity and Paxton, | 只在乎你受不受欢迎还有帕克斯顿 |
[21:21] | and doesn’t give a shit about her real friends, | 根本不关心自己真正的朋友 |
[21:23] | even when Eleanor’s mom abandons her, | 即使是埃莉诺的妈妈抛弃她 |
[21:25] | or I say that I’m gay! | 还有我出柜的事 |
[21:26] | Wait! What? | 等等 什么 |
[21:31] | Dammit. | 靠 |
[21:32] | You just made me come out to our whole class! | 你刚让我在全班同学面前出柜了 |
[21:36] | Um, just to get it out there, I’m gay too. | 顺便说一声 我也是同性恋 |
[21:40] | Uh, obvi. | 看得出来 |
[21:41] | That makes sense. | 说得通 |
[21:44] | We just miss our old friend, but right now, you’re not her. | 我们想念我们的老朋友 但现在的你不是她 |
[21:49] | You just seem lost. | 你看起来迷失了 |
[21:53] | You know what? I should’ve just let you drink Trent’s ball juice. | 你知道吗 我就应该让你喝下特伦特的蛋蛋果汁 |
[21:58] | And I’m not lost. | 我也没有迷失自我 |
[22:00] | I know exactly where I am. | 我清楚自己的状态 |
[22:20] | Whoa. That was like a crazy nerd fight. | 天啊 真是一场书呆子之间的混战 |
[22:25] | Let’s go make out in your parents’ room. Come on. | 我们去你爸妈的房间里亲热一下吧 走 |
[22:32] | Maybe I could get more punch and then just turn it into a pink suit? | 要不然我再倒一点酒把它变成粉色的西服 |
[22:37] | Hey, you’re gonna wanna use baking soda on that. | 建议你们用一下苏打粉 |
[22:41] | I just stole some from the fridge. | 我从冰箱里偷偷拿了一点 |
[22:43] | Oh… thanks. | 谢谢 |
[22:47] | I’m gonna check on Oliver. | 我去找下奥利弗 |
[22:57] | So, that was pretty rough out there. | 刚刚的场面有点混乱 |
[23:02] | Yeah, it was a lot. | 对的 非常混乱 |
[23:04] | I’m not used to popping off. | 我不是经常那么失控 |
[23:06] | It was very tiring. | 我是实在受不了了 |
[23:08] | Sure. Coming out to everyone, | 没错 当众出柜 |
[23:10] | and then pushing your friend into the pool, | 接着把你的朋友推到泳池里 |
[23:13] | that can take a lot out of you. | 确实是让人受不了 |
[23:15] | I didn’t push her. She fell. | 我没有推她 她是自己掉进去的 |
[23:17] | Okay, Big Little Lies. | 好吧 大小谎言 |
[23:21] | Seriously, though, | 说真的 |
[23:22] | what you did out there took guts, even if it was accidental. | 你真的很勇敢 虽然那是个意外 |
[23:26] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[23:27] | I mean, I came out by getting stoned and tweeting “me gay now.” | 我出柜是在抽嗨了之后在推特上发了一条”我是同性恋” |
[23:35] | I know. It’s gonna be a really touching story to tell my children. | 以后讲给我的孩子听肯定是个很感人的故事 |
[23:43] | Eve… | 伊芙… |
[23:45] | I know that I was weird to you before, | 我知道我之前对你的表现很奇怪 |
[23:48] | but if I haven’t totally blown it, | 但如果我还有一点点机会 |
[23:51] | would you wanna grab food sometime? | 你愿意和我一起吃个饭之类的吗 |
[23:54] | It doesn’t have to be a date. It can just be– | 也不是约会什么的 就是… |
[23:56] | That sounds rad. Let’s do it. | 好啊 当然可以 |
[24:02] | I think you guys are gonna have a really nice time. | 我相信你们一定会玩得很愉快的 |
[24:10] | Thanks for letting me borrow your sweats. | 谢谢你把运动服借我 |
[24:12] | This is so embarrassing. | 太丢人了 |
[24:14] | You keep having to rescue me at parties. | 你总是在派对上解救我 |
[24:16] | It’s not embarrassing for me. I always come out of it looking cool. | 对我来说不丢人 我一直表现得很酷 |
[24:19] | At least one of us looks cool. | 至少我们中有一个人是酷的 |
[24:22] | Shit. What time is it? | 完了 现在几点了 |
[24:24] | Uh, I’d say 10:43. | 我猜是10点43 |
[24:28] | Dang it. It’s 10:45. | 不对 是10点45 |
[24:29] | Crap! I’m supposed to be home by 11:00. | 完了 我要在11点前到家的 |
[24:32] | I’ll take you. I’ve only had Red Bull, | 我送你 我只喝了红牛 |
[24:34] | so I’ll be better at driving than a sober person. | 所以我的驾驶技术比清醒的人还好 |
[24:37] | Okay. | 好的 |
[24:48] | ♪ I was on fire for you ♪ | ♪ 你曾让我燃烧 ♪ |
[24:53] | ♪ Where did you go? ♪ | ♪ 不知你在何方 ♪ |
[24:57] | ♪ I could have died for you ♪ | ♪ 我愿意为你牺牲 ♪ |
[25:02] | ♪ How could you not know? ♪ | ♪ 你怎能没有察觉 ♪ |
[25:07] | ♪ I was alive with you ♪ | ♪ 你让我感觉活着 ♪ |
[25:11] | ♪ But you brought in the cold ♪ | ♪ 可你带来了寒意 ♪ |
[25:16] | ♪ Was I being lied to? ♪ | ♪ 我是否被你欺骗 ♪ |
[25:18] | ♪ Wish I’d never met you ♪ | ♪ 希望我们从未相遇 ♪ |
[25:21] | ♪ Starting to regret you ♪ | ♪ 开始为你感到遗憾 ♪ |
[25:25] | ♪ My heart just dropped ♪ | ♪ 我的心刚刚一沉 ♪ |
[25:30] | ♪ Thinking about you ♪ | ♪ 想到了你 ♪ |
[25:38] | Thanks for bringing me home. | 谢谢你送我回家 |
[25:39] | No problem. | 不用谢 |
[25:42] | Are you okay, by the way? | 你还好吗 |
[25:43] | Yeah. The last bit of water just drained out of my ear. | 对 我耳朵剩下的水都干了 |
[25:46] | No, I meant about that fight with your friends. | 不是 我是说你刚刚和朋友吵架的事情 |
[25:50] | Yeah. | 对噢 |
[25:52] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[25:55] | Right now, it kinda feels like everyone in my life is just… | 现在看来 感觉像是我生命中的所有人都… |
[26:01] | done with me. | 不要我了 |
[26:07] | Sorry. Forget I said that. That was weird. I– | 对不起 就当我没说过 太奇怪了 我… |
[26:29] | Um, thanks for the ride and the kiss– I mean the kiss– | 谢谢送我回来 还有这个吻我是说吻… |
[26:32] | I mean the clothes. | 我是说衣服 |
[26:34] | Yeah, sure. | 没事 |
[26:36] | I’ll see you Monday, Devi. | 周一见 德维 |
[26:49] | What? What the hell just happened? | 什么 刚刚发生了什么 |
[26:51] | Do you believe in miracles? | 你相信奇迹吗 |
[26:53] | Paxton Hall-Yoshida just kissed Devi Vishwakumar. | 帕克斯顿·霍尔吉田刚刚亲了德维·维什瓦库马尔 |
[26:56] | Dr. Ryan and her friends were so wrong. | 瑞安医生和她的朋友们都错了 |
[26:59] | Devi wasn’t lost. | 德维没有迷失自我 |
[27:00] | She was a friggin’ sexual conquistador | 她是一个征服者 |
[27:02] | who had just snagged her first kiss from a teenage Adonis, | 刚和希腊神话里的青年版阿多尼斯完成了自己的初吻 |
[27:05] | and as far as she could tell, | 而她也清楚地知道 |
[27:06] | that Jeep ride just solved all her problems. | 回家的路上 她全部的问题都解决了 |
[27:09] | Somebody’s home late. | 有人回来晚了 |