时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:19] | I hate you! | 我恨你 |
[00:24] | What is going on? What happened? | 怎么回事 发生什么事了 |
[00:30] | Aravind? We weren’t expecting you till tomorrow morning. | 阿拉温徳 你不是明天早上才到吗 |
[00:34] | Devi, why are you screaming at your uncle? | 德维 你为什么冲你伯伯尖叫 |
[00:37] | Uh, cause he scared the crap out of me. | 因为他要吓死我了 |
[00:40] | What are you doing here, Aravind Periyappa? | 阿拉温徳伯伯 你在做什么 |
[00:42] | Currently, I’m looking for mustard. | 我在找芥末酱 |
[00:44] | He’s also here to be the male chaperone for Prashant’s visit. | 普拉桑特拜访的时候他要当男监护人 |
[00:48] | Hey, let me help you. You come. Sit, sit. | 我来帮你找 你快坐下吧 |
[00:50] | You must be so tired after driving all the way from San Jose. | 从圣何塞一路开车过来你一定累坏了 |
[00:53] | I’m sorry if I frightened you, | 不好意思我吓到你了 |
[00:55] | but you left the spare key under the mat. | 但是你把备用钥匙放在门垫下面了 |
[00:58] | And as the owner of the number two home security company in San Jose area, | 作为圣何塞第二大家庭安保公司的老板 |
[01:03] | I must say your house is very easy to break into. | 我得指出闯进你家真的很容易 |
[01:05] | I know, Aravind. You try and sell me a security system every visit. | 我知道 阿拉温徳 你每次来都要推销安全系统 |
[01:10] | What if Prashant came here tomorrow, | 万一普拉桑特明天来了 |
[01:12] | and found everyone chopped up into little pieces by a murderer? | 发现你们都被杀人犯切碎了怎么办 |
[01:16] | That would leave him with a very bad impression of our family. | 我们家会给他留下很差的印象 |
[01:18] | Hey, why did you have to use a spare key? Why didn’t someone let you in? | 你为什么要用备用钥匙 为什么没人帮你开门 |
[01:21] | Kamala was asleep. I could hear her beautiful snoring from upstairs, | 卡玛拉在睡觉 我能听到楼上传来她动听的呼声 |
[01:25] | and Devi just got home. | 德维刚刚回家 |
[01:27] | Where were you? | 你去哪了 |
[01:28] | And what are you wearing? | 你穿的什么 |
[01:32] | Sweats. I went for a run. | 运动装 我去跑步了 |
[01:33] | – At night? – At night? | -在晚上 -在晚上 |
[01:34] | You cannot run in Los Angeles at night. | 你不能晚上在洛杉矶跑步 |
[01:37] | This is the city of Charles Manson and Harvey Weinstein! | 这里是产出过查尔斯·曼森[杀人犯]和哈维·韦恩斯坦[性侵犯]的城市 |
[01:40] | I think it’s okay. | 我觉得没问题 |
[01:42] | The worst criminal in our neighborhood | 我们家附近最可怕的罪犯 |
[01:44] | is the lady who watered her lawn during the drought. | 是在旱灾时期给草坪浇水的那位女士 |
[01:46] | I reported her, and she’s been punished accordingly. | 我举报了她 然后她就被罚了 |
[01:49] | All right. It’s very late. | 好了 时间很晚了 |
[01:51] | I want to be fresh to meet Kamala’s future husband tomorrow, | 我想明天神清气爽地见卡玛拉未来的丈夫 |
[01:53] | so let’s all get some sleep. | 所以都去睡觉吧 |
[01:54] | I don’t know if I can fall asleep in a house | 我不知道在这间屋子里睡不睡得着 |
[01:57] | where a burglar can walk in at any time and murder me, | 毕竟什么小偷都能大摇大摆进来杀了我 |
[02:01] | but I will do my best. | 但是我会尽力的 |
[02:03] | Good night, Periyappa. | 晚安 伯伯 |
[02:11] | Devi mistaking her uncle for her dad | 德维把伯伯认成了她的爸爸 |
[02:13] | had dug up a memory she’d buried deep inside. | 让她想起一段埋藏很深的记忆 |
[02:16] | I hate you! | 我恨你 |
[02:18] | She was so rattled by it, | 她很不安 |
[02:19] | she almost forgot a much more exciting new memory. | 差点忘记了一段更激动的新记忆 |
[02:22] | She just kissed Paxton fricking Hall fricking Yoshida! | 她刚刚和帕克斯顿·霍尔吉田接吻了啊 |
[02:32] | Paxton. Think about Paxton. | 帕克斯顿 想想帕克斯顿 |
[02:42] | Dammit! | 靠 |
[02:49] | Not everything is about you and your problems! | 世界不是围着你和你的问题转的 |
[02:55] | Maybe you would benefit from a different approach. | 也许换一种方式会对你有好处 |
[03:00] | You’ve turned into this fake person | 你变得这么假模假样 |
[03:02] | who doesn’t give a shit about her real friends! | 根本不关心自己真正的朋友 |
[03:04] | I hate you! | 我恨你 |
[03:09] | Looks like it’s gonna be a long night. | 看来这将是一个漫长的夜晚 |
[03:14] | Devi, come on. Get up. Prashant’s gonna be here in an hour. | 德维 快点起床 普拉桑特还有不到一个小时就要来了 |
[03:17] | Mom. | 妈 |
[03:19] | Can’t I have a little more time? I barely slept last night. | 我不能再睡一会吗 我昨晚几乎没睡 |
[03:22] | Out of be right now and put on something nice. | 现在就起床 穿得好看点 |
[03:24] | How about that pretty dress I got at Costco | 我在开市客买的那条裙子怎么样 |
[03:27] | while buying our annual supply of toilet paper? | 就是买今年的厕纸的时候买的那条 |
[03:29] | Oh, that dress? | 那条裙子 |
[03:30] | It’s currently sitting in the back of Paxton’s Jeep, soaked in pool water. | 正湿淋淋地躺在帕克斯顿的吉普车后座上 |
[03:34] | Yeah. I can’t wear that. | 对 我不能穿那条裙子 |
[03:36] | I mean, I’ll look too good. | 我的意思是我不能太美 |
[03:38] | We want Prashant to fall in love with Kamala and not me, right? | 我们希望普拉桑特爱上卡玛拉而不是我 对吗 |
[03:41] | You know what? Wear whatever you want. | 你知道吗 想穿什么随便你 |
[03:43] | But please, just remember, today is Kamala’s day, | 但你别忘了 今天是卡玛拉的大日子 |
[03:45] | so let’s not have any of the usual Devi nonsense. | 所以不要表现出德维式的冒失 |
[03:49] | I don’t know what you mean by “Devi nonsense.” | 什么叫”德维式的冒失” |
[03:51] | I returned home last night to find you screaming in your uncle’s face. | 我昨晚一回家就看到你冲你伯伯尖叫 |
[03:55] | Fair enough. | 有道理 |
[03:56] | I promise to be on my best behavior. | 我保证好好表现 |
[03:59] | Shit! Maybe it’s Paxton, or Fabiola trying to apologize. | 糟了 可能是帕克斯顿或者是法比奥拉来道歉了 |
[04:02] | And I am taking this to my room. Don’t need you distracted today. | 我要把这个放在我房间 今天你不能分心 |
[04:06] | What if it’s a college offering early admission? | 万一是大学录取通知提前来了 |
[04:08] | Devi, for once can you please try not to make my life any harder? | 德维 你能不能破例一次不要让我这么难 |
[04:13] | I hate you! | 我恨你 |
[04:16] | Kanna, you do not say such things to your mother. | 亲爱的 你不能这么跟你母亲说话 |
[04:20] | She can say whatever she wants to me ’cause I’m not the irresponsible girl | 她想怎么跟我说话都行 因为我不是她那种不负责任的人 |
[04:24] | who lost her sheet music right before her concert started! | 我就不会在音乐会开始前找不到自己的乐谱 |
[04:28] | That doesn’t mean I deserve to be grounded for two weeks. | 就算这样也不至于罚我禁足两周 |
[04:30] | Oh, yes, it does! | 非常有必要 |
[04:32] | Maybe it will teach you not to be so thoughtless! | 说不定能让你记住不要再这么粗心大意 |
[04:34] | Nalini, please calm down. | 娜里妮 冷静一下 |
[04:35] | I will not come down when this child insists on being such a headache to me! | 这孩子这么让我头疼 我怎么冷静 |
[04:39] | Devi had hoped she’d slept that memory off, but there it was again. | 德维本来希望睡一觉就忘了 但这段记忆挥之不去 |
[04:43] | Of all days, today she needed to be normal. | 平时怎样都行 但今天她得表现正常 |
[04:45] | So she had no choice but to shove that memory back down | 所以她不得不把这段记忆 |
[04:48] | to where it came from. | 暂时封印 |
[04:49] | Yeah. Okay, Mom. I’ll be good. | 好的 妈妈 我会好好表现 |
[04:51] | Just let me get dressed. | 让我先找一套衣服穿 |
[04:53] | Okay. I’m sure whatever you wear will be very nice. | 好的 你穿什么肯定都很好看 |
[04:56] | Now, I need to help Kamala get ready. | 现在我要去帮卡玛拉准备了 |
[04:58] | Just gonna rub a little coconut oil in her hair so she smells like his mother. | 只要给她头发上抹点椰子油 闻起来就像他妈妈了 |
[05:03] | Steve, you have nothing to worry about. | 史蒂夫 你不用担心 |
[05:06] | What if this guy sweeps you off your feet? | 万一这男的把你迷住了呢 |
[05:08] | I read on Wikipedia | 我在维基百科上看了 |
[05:09] | sometimes these Indian guys come down the aisle on a horse! | 有时候印度男人会骑着马走红毯来 |
[05:12] | It’s not my wedding day. It’s just lunch. | 今天不是办婚礼 只是吃顿午饭 |
[05:15] | Why can’t you just leave? | 你为什么不能走 |
[05:16] | – I’m parked around the block. – You’re what? | -我的车就停在附近 -什么 |
[05:19] | Please go. That street is permit parking only! | 快走吧 那条路有停车许可才能停 |
[05:21] | You’ll get a ticket! | 你会被罚款的 |
[05:22] | – You are worth the $40. – Please stop calling. | -这四十块花的值得 -求你别打电话了 |
[05:25] | I promise I will call you after lunch is over. | 我保证吃完饭就打给你 |
[05:28] | This is so unfair. Do you see what Kamala is doing? | 太不公平了 你看卡玛拉在干什么 |
[05:30] | I wasn’t doing anything. | 我什么都没干 |
[05:31] | She gets to be on her phone. How come you’re not yelling at her? | 她都能打电话 你怎么不吼她 |
[05:34] | Don’t bother your cousin, sweetie. She doesn’t need any extra pressure. | 别烦你表姐了 亲爱的 她压力够大了 |
[05:37] | Today’s lunch will determine whether or not she has a happy life. | 今天这顿饭会决定她能不能过上幸福生活 |
[05:40] | Great. Thank you for relieving the pressure, Auntie. | 太棒了 谢谢你帮我减压 姑姑 |
[05:43] | Come on. | 快来吧 |
[05:50] | Now, as a wife, it’s great to have your own opinions, | 作为妻子 有自己的意见很好 |
[05:53] | but remember, sometimes Prashant will come home from work | 但你要记住 有时候普拉桑特下班回家 |
[05:56] | and just want to watch cricket. | 只想看板球比赛 |
[05:58] | Well, I plan to work too. | 我也打算工作 |
[06:00] | Of course, kanna. I’m a modern man. | 当然了 亲爱的 我思想前卫 |
[06:03] | I know that you’ll want to work until you have children. | 我知道你会工作到生孩子前 |
[06:06] | All sons. Fingers crossed. | 老天保佑生的全是儿子 |
[06:08] | Remind me again, Aravind Periyappa, were you ever married? | 阿拉温徳伯伯 我不太记得了 你结过婚吗 |
[06:11] | Devi, don’t pry into your uncle’s personal life. | 德维 不要打听你伯伯的私生活 |
[06:16] | Oh, Devi, there have been many women | 德维 曾经有很多女人 |
[06:19] | who wanted to settle down with old Aravind, | 想嫁给你伯伯我 过上安稳的生活 |
[06:22] | but I’m sort of a lone wolf. | 但我算是独行侠 |
[06:23] | Hard to pin down. | 很难接受约束 |
[06:25] | The problem with being a security expert is allowing someone to… | 作为安全专家 最难的就是允许别人… |
[06:29] | break into your heart. | 闯入你的心 |
[06:32] | It’s Prashant. I will open the door. | 普拉桑特来了 我去开门 |
[06:35] | Aravind, behind me to my left. Kamala, to my right. | 阿拉温徳站在我左后方 卡玛拉站我右边 |
[06:37] | Devi, next to her. Devi, make sure you favor your left side. | 德维 站她旁边 记得多给左脸 |
[06:40] | Kamala, both your sides are equally good. | 卡玛拉 你两边脸一样好看 |
[06:42] | Come on. | 快来吧 |
[06:45] | Deep breath. | 深呼吸 |
[06:50] | Prashant? | 普拉桑特 |
[06:52] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[06:53] | Whoa, damn. You’re hot. | 天啊 你好帅 |
[06:55] | Devi, don’t say that to a stranger. | 德维 不许这么跟陌生人说话 |
[06:57] | I’m sorry I called you hot. | 对不起我说你帅 |
[06:58] | It’s just, like, we were expecting an uggo. | 我们都以为上门的会是丑八怪 |
[07:01] | No, no, it’s okay. | 不 没关系 |
[07:02] | Uh, thank you for not thinking I’m an uggo. | 感谢你不觉得我是丑八怪 |
[07:06] | Hi, I’m Prashant. | 嗨 我是普拉桑特 |
[07:10] | Kamala. | 卡玛拉 |
[07:14] | Oh, Prashant, please, please come in. | 普拉桑特 快请进 |
[07:17] | Welcome, welcome. Take your shoes off. Uh-huh. | 欢迎 把鞋脱了吧 |
[07:20] | – Welcome to out house. – Wow, it’s beautiful. | -欢迎来到我们家 -这个家真美 |
[07:23] | Wow. What an amazing grandfather clock. | 这个落地钟真漂亮 |
[07:25] | Oh! What, this old thing? Priceless family heirloom. | 这个老东西吗 无价的传家宝 |
[07:29] | Um, Kamala, I brought you a small gift. | 卡玛拉 我给你带了个小礼物 |
[07:32] | Oh, that’s so sweet. | 你真贴心 |
[07:39] | Oh, Swarovski crystals. | 施华洛世奇水晶 |
[07:42] | He knows his Indian women. | 他真有一套 |
[07:44] | A beaver is kind of a weird choice, Prashant. | 送海狸[有阴道的意思]有点怪啊 普拉桑特 |
[07:46] | No, it’s perfect. | 不 太完美了 |
[07:48] | It’s the mascot of Caltech. | 海狸是加州理工的吉祥物 |
[07:50] | How thoughtful. | 真有心 |
[07:52] | It was my college mascot too, at MIT. | 也是我们麻省理工的吉祥物 |
[07:54] | – After all, the beaver is… – Nature’s engineer. | -毕竟海狸是… -大自然的工程师 |
[07:56] | I just googled the price. Wow, that’s valuable. | 我刚才查了价格 这礼物真值钱 |
[08:00] | Now you really need a home security system. | 现在你家真该装一套安全系统了 |
[08:02] | Why don’t I put that somewhere safe? | 我把它放到安全的地方去吧 |
[08:04] | – I can take it to your room, Kamala. – Thank you, Devi. | -我把它拿去你房间吧 卡玛拉 -谢谢你 德维 |
[08:07] | Don’t take too long, and don’t waste your time looking for your phone. | 动作快点 别浪费时间找手机了 |
[08:11] | It’s very well hidden. | 我藏得很好 |
[08:13] | Prashant, you must be hungry. | 普拉桑特 你肯定饿了吧 |
[08:15] | Please come, sit. | 快来吧 请坐 |
[08:19] | Steve? Oh, my God! You scared the crap out of me. | 史蒂夫 我的天啊 你吓死我了 |
[08:24] | You almost made me drop this expensive-ass beaver! | 你差点害我把这只贵到爆的海狸摔碎 |
[08:26] | Nature’s engineer? | 大自然的工程师 |
[08:28] | Did he give that to her? | 他送给她的吗 |
[08:29] | Yeah, but what are you doing here? | 是的 不过你在这干吗 |
[08:32] | I’m rescuing my love from sexual slavery. | 我要把我心爱的人从性奴役中解救出来 |
[08:34] | It looks like you’re just reading an Indian hair magazine. | 你好像只是在读印度发型杂志 |
[08:36] | Shouldn’t you like storm down and get her? | 你不是应该冲下去把她带走吗 |
[08:38] | I was going to, but I didn’t know how big Prashant was, | 我本来是想的 不过我不知道普拉桑特的体型 |
[08:42] | and also, I’m scared of your mom. | 而且我怕你妈 |
[08:44] | Okay. It doesn’t seem like you’ll be storming anywhere. | 好吧 看来你不会冲去哪里 |
[08:47] | You just stay here, and I’ll get Kamala. | 你就在这待着 我去叫卡玛拉 |
[08:54] | I thought I came to America for the great education, | 按理说我来美国是为了接受优质的教育 |
[08:56] | but I think my favorite part might be the ice cream. | 结果我最喜欢美国的地方却是冰淇淋 |
[08:59] | There are so many flavors here. | 有太多种口味了 |
[09:01] | Way more than just pistachio. | 不光只有开心果味 |
[09:02] | My favorite part is that traffic is separated into two directions. | 我最喜欢的是交通有双行道 |
[09:06] | It’s adorable. | 真好 |
[09:07] | That took long enough. | 你去了很久 |
[09:09] | Sorry. I was busy trying to find the perfect spot | 对不起 我想在她房间找个完美的位置 |
[09:12] | for the crystal beaver in Kamala’s room. | 摆上水晶海狸 |
[09:14] | In fact, I think she should check out where I put it. | 说实话 我觉得卡玛拉应该去看看我把它放哪了 |
[09:17] | – No, that’s okay. I trust you. – You shouldn’t. | -不用了 我相信你 -你不应该相信我 |
[09:19] | You should really see the beaver for yourself. | 你应该亲眼去看看它 |
[09:22] | You’re never gonna believe where it ended up. | 你肯定猜不到我把它放哪了 |
[09:24] | A shelf? A table? | 书架上 桌子上 |
[09:26] | – Now I’m curious. Can I go see? – No! | -我有点好奇 我能去看看吗 -不行 |
[09:29] | Kamala should be alone with the crystal beaver | 卡玛拉应该和水晶海狸独处 |
[09:32] | and figure out what the future holds for the two of them. | 弄清楚他们的未来 |
[09:34] | Okay. I guess I’ll go look. | 好吧 那我去看看吧 |
[09:40] | So, Uncle, you’re a security system… | 叔叔 你有一家安全系统… |
[09:42] | What are you up to? | 你搞什么 |
[09:44] | I thought we said no Devi nonsense. | 我不是说别弄出德维式的冒失吗 |
[09:49] | Nalini, please calm down. | 娜里妮 冷静一下 |
[09:50] | I will not calm down when this child insists on being such a headache to me! | 这孩子这么让我头疼 我怎么冷静 |
[09:54] | Oh, my God. Dad! | 天啊 爸爸 |
[09:55] | Devi is not a headache. | 德维不让人头疼 |
[09:58] | The concert starts in 30 minutes. | 还有30分钟音乐会就开始了 |
[10:00] | So let’s stop yelling at each other and look for the sheet music together, | 不要再吼来吼去了 我们一起找乐谱 |
[10:03] | and when we come home later, I will fix this. | 回家以后我再处理你们之间的问题 |
[10:07] | Kanna, please go upstairs and check again. | 亲爱的 你去楼上再找找 |
[10:10] | Upstairs! | 楼上 |
[10:12] | Yeah, yeah. Take your time going up! | 对 别急 你慢慢上楼 |
[10:15] | Okay, keep it together, Devi. | 好了 保持冷静 德维 |
[10:17] | You don’t need to go back there. Stay in the present. | 不要回忆过去了 待在现在 |
[10:20] | I’m sure whatever your Uncle Aravind is saying is really interesting. | 阿拉温徳伯伯肯定在讲什么有趣的事 |
[10:23] | Focus. | 注意听 |
[10:24] | What people don’t realize | 人们都不知道 |
[10:25] | is that most home burglaries happen during the daytime. | 其实大部分盗窃案都发生在白天 |
[10:28] | That’s why I recommend clients live as far north on their blocks as possible | 所以我建议我的客户住得越靠北越好 |
[10:33] | where days are shorter. | 北边天短 |
[10:37] | – Hello, Kamala. – Oh, my God. Steve? | -你好 卡玛拉 -我的天啊 史蒂夫 |
[10:42] | Why are you here? | 你为什么在这里 |
[10:44] | Because you shouldn’t be bought and sold by your family like a prized calf. | 因为你不应该像一头小牛一样被你的家庭买卖 |
[10:47] | That’s not what’s happening here, and that also feels a little racial. | 不是这样的 而且你这话有点种族歧视 |
[10:50] | I want a chance to make my offer. | 我想有个求婚的机会 |
[10:52] | Let me start by saying I don’t have a ring. | 首先我想说 我没有戒指 |
[10:54] | No, no, no. Get up. | 不 快起来 |
[10:56] | I don’t want to marry you. | 我不想嫁给你 |
[10:58] | But you want to marry that stranger downstairs? | 但你想嫁给楼下那个陌生人吗 |
[11:00] | No, I don’t want to marry anyone! | 不 我谁都不想嫁 |
[11:05] | Oh, Steve, you’re so sweet, | 史蒂夫 你是个好人 |
[11:08] | and handsome, and surprisingly good at mini golf, | 长得帅 打迷你高尔夫还很厉害 |
[11:12] | and I appreciate you being my first boyfriend, but– | 很感谢有你做我第一任男朋友 但… |
[11:14] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[11:16] | Did I just talk you into breaking up with me? | 我做的这些是不是让你想跟我分手了 |
[11:19] | Sorry, but I think you did. | 对不起 是的 |
[11:22] | So, Uncle tells me you’re a dermatologist, Auntie. | 阿姨 叔叔告诉我您是一位皮肤病医生 |
[11:24] | She is. We have a lot of doctors in the family. | 她是的 我们家里出了很多医生 |
[11:28] | Cousin Manju started her cardiology residency at 18. | 你曼朱堂姐18岁就开始在心脏内科实习了 |
[11:32] | Devi, you have some catching up to do. | 德维 你可得加把劲了 |
[11:34] | Well, Cousin Manju is also a 28-year-old virgin. | 曼朱堂姐28岁还是个处女 |
[11:37] | So, I’m good. | 所以算了吧 |
[11:41] | The day was turning around. Forget those pesky flashbacks. | 今天在往好的方向走 忘记那些烦人的往事吧 |
[11:45] | Devi had reined in her brain and was being charming as hell. | 德维控制住自己的大脑了 而且魅力四射 |
[11:48] | So, Devi, what are you into? | 德维 你喜欢什么 |
[11:51] | Oh, this young lady is a very talented musician. | 这位年轻的女士是个极具天赋的音乐家 |
[11:54] | Devi, why don’t you play something on your harp? | 德维 弹弹竖琴吧 |
[12:03] | Devi. Hello? | 德维 你在听吗 |
[12:05] | Don’t leave us music lovers waiting. | 别让我们这些乐迷干等了 |
[12:08] | Devi is, uh, actually taking a little break from the harp right now. | 德维这段时间不弹竖琴了 |
[12:12] | Kanna, why don’t you just help me clear the table? | 亲爱的 帮我收拾一下桌子吧 |
[12:14] | I don’t know about you, | 不知道你怎么样 |
[12:15] | but now all I can think about is hearing some harp. | 但是我现在满脑子都在想竖琴 |
[12:22] | What’s wrong with you? You’re acting so strange. | 你怎么回事 表现的那么奇怪 |
[12:24] | I’m fine. I think I’m having low blood sugar. | 我没事 可能血糖有点低 |
[12:27] | I don’t see how. You ate five samosas. | 怎么会 你吃了五个咖喱角 |
[12:28] | I’m sorry. I’m just under a lot of stress right now. | 对不起 我就是压力太大了 |
[12:32] | How are your legs? Can you feel this? | 你的腿怎么样 有感觉吗 |
[12:34] | – Yes, and it hurts! Stop pinching me. – Okay. | -有 痛死了 别掐我了 -好的 |
[12:37] | My legs are fine. Everything’s fine. | 我的腿没问题 什么事都没有 |
[12:38] | Okay. Good, good. | 好的 好 |
[12:40] | I just don’t want Prashant to tell his family that we’re weird. | 我不想让普拉桑特跟他家里人说我们很古怪 |
[12:42] | Okay, look. You go back in there. You talk to him. | 好了 听着 你过去跟他聊天 |
[12:45] | I’m gonna go see what’s taking Kamala so long. | 我要去看看卡玛拉怎么这么久都没下来 |
[12:49] | No, Mom, wait! | 别 妈妈 等等 |
[12:51] | No, it’s not because you’re bad at sex. | 不 不是因为你床上功夫不好 |
[12:54] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[12:55] | Kamala, what is your boyfriend doing here when your future husband is here? | 卡玛拉 你未来的丈夫在这 你男朋友来做什么 |
[12:59] | – How did you know that I had a boyfriend? – It’s pretty obvious. | -你怎么知道我有男朋友 -太明显了 |
[13:02] | All the sneaking around, all the whispered phone calls. | 整天鬼鬼祟祟 还小声地打电话 |
[13:05] | I also saw him fall off the roof a couple of mornings ago. | 几天前我还看到他从房顶摔下来 |
[13:07] | I’m so sorry, Kamala. I tried to stop her, | 对不起 卡玛拉 我试过拦着她 |
[13:09] | but she shot up here like a frigging panther. | 但是她跟豹子一样蹿上来 |
[13:11] | I have let you down, Auntie. | 我让你失望了 姑姑 |
[13:12] | You welcomed me into your home, and I’ve been lying to you. | 你欢迎我住在这 我却一直在骗你 |
[13:15] | Devi felt bad for her cousin. | 德维为她表姐感到难过 |
[13:17] | She knew the storm that was about to be unleashed on her. | 她知道等待卡玛拉的将是枪林弹雨 |
[13:20] | This was gonna be a bloodbath. | 一场屠杀近在咫尺 |
[13:23] | It’s okay. I understand. | 没关系 我理解 |
[13:26] | Huh? You understand? | 你理解 |
[13:28] | You have literally never said that to me before. | 你从没对我说过这三个字 |
[13:30] | Devi, please. | 德维 别闹 |
[13:32] | All I’m saying is | 我是想说 |
[13:34] | I know there are some real hunks on the Caltech campus. | 我知道加州理工的校园里有不少猛男 |
[13:38] | I’ve watched Big Bang Theory. | 我看过”生活大爆炸” |
[13:39] | So you’re not mad? | 那你不生我的气吗 |
[13:40] | Of course not. | 当然不生气 |
[13:41] | What the hell is going on here? | 这到底怎么回事 |
[13:43] | Look, no one is forcing you to do anything. | 听着 没人逼你做任何事 |
[13:45] | All a family can do is just point you in the right direction. | 家人能做的只是给你指一条对的路 |
[13:48] | – What if I’m the right direction? – You’re not. | -万一我就是对的路呢 -你不是 |
[13:51] | Okay, we need to get him out of here before Prashant or Aravind see him. | 好了 我们得在普拉桑特和阿拉温徳发现之前把他带走 |
[13:54] | Uh, he can go back out the window. | 他可以爬窗户出去 |
[13:56] | No, no, he can’t. It’s too risky. | 不行 太冒险了 |
[13:58] | Aravind might just hear him clomping around on the roof. | 阿拉温徳说不定会听到屋顶上有脚步声 |
[14:01] | Then he’ll have to go out the front door, | 那他只能从前门走了 |
[14:03] | but we’ll need a distraction. | 但是得有人吸引他们的注意力 |
[14:05] | Devi? | 德维 |
[14:09] | Yeah, I can do that. | 行 我来吧 |
[14:13] | Get up. | 快起来 |
[14:15] | Prashant, I noticed that you carry your cell phone in your front pocket. | 普拉桑塔 我注意到你的手机放在裤子前面的口袋里 |
[14:18] | Is that because you do not wish to have any children? | 是因为你不想要孩子吗 |
[14:21] | Hi. Would either of you care to have your chai in the living room? | 嗨 要不要到客厅喝点茶 |
[14:24] | Oh, God, yes. | 天啊 当然 |
[14:26] | Uh, no, thank you. I prefer to lift my tea from dining table level. | 不用了 客厅的桌子太矮 喝茶不方便 |
[14:29] | But wouldn’t rather sit in a more comfortable seat? | 但是你不想坐得更舒服吗 |
[14:32] | No. | 不想 |
[14:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:42] | What if I played my harp for you? | 那要是我给你演奏竖琴呢 |
[14:46] | Really? How wonderful! | 真的吗 太好了 |
[14:53] | Sorry. It’s been a minute. | 对不起 久等了 |
[14:56] | I just need to tune this thing. | 我得先调音 |
[14:57] | It’s fine. Take your time. | 没事 不急 |
[15:04] | Are you okay, Devi? | 你还好吗 德维 |
[15:05] | You don’t have to play if you don’t want to. | 你要是不想弹的话不用勉强 |
[15:07] | Maybe we should wait until Kamala and Nalini come back. | 也许我们应该等卡玛拉和娜里妮回来 |
[15:10] | What’s taking them so long? | 她们怎么去那么久 |
[15:12] | No, it’s fine. I’m ready. | 没事 我准备好了 |
[15:30] | Kanna, look what I got you. It’s a harp. | 宝贝 看看我给你买了什么 一只竖琴 |
[15:33] | Harp? I wanted a guitar. | 竖琴 我想要吉他 |
[15:36] | No, you don’t. Come here. | 不 你不想 过来 |
[15:39] | Any idiot can play the guitar. It only has six strings. | 是个人就能弹吉他 吉他只有六根弦 |
[15:42] | How many strings do you see here? | 你看看竖琴有几根 |
[15:43] | – A million. – Exactly. | -一万根 -没错 |
[15:46] | See, this is an instrument for a real musician. | 你看 这才是真正的音乐家该弹的 |
[15:49] | You’re far too special for a stupid guitar. | 你那么特别 吉他配不上你 |
[15:52] | Prodigy. | 小神童 |
[15:55] | Hey, this is kind of a breakthrough. | 这是个突破啊 |
[15:57] | Devi is playing the harp again? | 德维又重拾竖琴 |
[15:59] | Maybe she’s all better now. | 也许她现在感觉好一点了 |
[16:03] | Shall we go? | 我们要不要走啊 |
[16:16] | Goodbye, Steve. | 再见 史蒂夫 |
[16:17] | I’m sorry if I’ve hurt you. | 如果伤了你的心 我很抱歉 |
[16:19] | You did. | 你的确伤了我 |
[16:26] | Is Devi home? | 德维在家吗 |
[16:42] | How wonderful! You’re very talented, Devi. | 太动听了 你真有天赋 德维 |
[16:45] | Prashant, we should set her up with your little brother. | 普拉桑特 我们应该安排她和你弟弟认识 |
[16:47] | Your brother Arun, not the one who works at Massage Envy. | 我说的是阿伦 不是那个在按摩店上班的 |
[16:50] | Hello, everyone. | 大家好啊 |
[16:52] | Here is Kamala. | 卡玛拉回来了 |
[16:55] | I’m just gonna steal Devi for a second. | 我找德维有点事 |
[16:58] | Did you get rid of Steve? How hard did he cry? | 你们把史蒂夫弄走了吗 他是不是哭得很伤心 |
[17:04] | Paxton? | 帕克斯顿 |
[17:05] | There are more boys coming and going in this house | 这个家里进进出出的男孩 |
[17:07] | than the GameStop at the mall. | 比商场里的电玩店还多 |
[17:09] | Look, I can go. It seems like a bad time. | 我还是走吧 现在好像不方便 |
[17:12] | – You just weren’t responding to texts. – Don’t go, Paxton. | -你一直没回消息 -别走 帕克斯顿 |
[17:15] | You haven’t returned Devi back her dress that she took off in your car. | 你还没把德维在你车里脱掉的裙子还给她 |
[17:19] | Okay, I did take off my dress and leave it in his car, | 我是在他车里脱裙子了 |
[17:22] | – but not in the way you think I did. – Don’t even try. | -但不是你想的那样 -少来了 |
[17:25] | I cannot believe you because you keep lying to me. | 你总是对我撒谎 我没办法相信你 |
[17:28] | She’s telling the truth, Dr. Vishwakumar. She fell in the pool at the party, | 她没撒谎 维什瓦库马尔医生 她在派对上掉进泳池了 |
[17:31] | so I gave her a change of clothes. | 所以我给了她一身衣服换 |
[17:33] | – A party? – Oh, shit. | -派对 -完了 |
[17:34] | Thank you so much, Paxton, for clearing that up. | 太谢谢你了帕克斯顿 感谢你解释清楚 |
[17:38] | So, not only did you disobey me by going to this party last night, | 所以你昨晚不但不听我的话跑去派对 |
[17:43] | you were so sober, you fell into the pool, | 你还一点没喝醉就掉进泳池了 |
[17:45] | and then did God knows what with this boy in his car. | 然后还和这个男生在车里不知道做了什么 |
[17:48] | All we did was kiss. | 我们只接了一个吻 |
[17:49] | You what? | 你们什么 |
[17:50] | Paxton, these are very unforced errors. | 帕克斯顿 你全都不打自招了 |
[17:54] | Oh, Devi, this is just terrific. | 德维 太棒了 |
[17:56] | Great decision making. | 你可真行 |
[17:58] | Why don’t you just let this idiot knock you up? | 你怎么不让这个蠢货把你肚子搞大算了 |
[18:00] | Maybe Princeton will allow you to raise a little baby in your dorm room. | 说不定普林斯顿能允许你在宿舍养孩子呢 |
[18:04] | He’s not an idiot. | 他不是蠢货 |
[18:05] | Oh, I’m sorry. Is he an honors student? I had no idea. My apologies, Paxton. | 对不起 他是优等生吗 我不太了解啊真抱歉 帕克斯顿 |
[18:09] | Even though Nalini was talking out of frustration | 虽然娜里妮说的都是气头上的话 |
[18:12] | more than anything else, | 帕克斯顿还是被这些 |
[18:13] | Paxton was stung by these little digs at his intelligence. | 挖苦他智商的话伤到了 |
[18:16] | I’m gonna go. | 我还是走吧 |
[18:17] | You must have a very busy day returning dresses to other smart girls | 你肯定还要忙着给其他聪明的女生还裙子 |
[18:21] | whose futures you’re trying to ruin. | 她们的未来都等着你去毁 |
[18:22] | Mom, stop. | 妈 别说了 |
[18:23] | What was that? | 你这说的都是什么 |
[18:25] | I barely did anything. | 我什么都没做 |
[18:27] | I kissed one boy one time. | 我就亲了一个男生这么一次 |
[18:29] | Meanwhile, the guy Kamala’s having sex with | 和卡玛拉上床的男生 |
[18:31] | just broke into our house, and you don’t even care. | 刚刚闯进我们家 你却一点都不在乎 |
[18:34] | Well, I’ll say it again. I’m not surprised someone has broken into this house. | 我得再说一次 有人闯进这栋房子我一点都不吃惊 |
[18:38] | This seems like a very private conversation. | 感觉这是很私人的谈话 |
[18:43] | Prashant… | 普拉桑特… |
[18:46] | I am so sorry. | 很对不起 |
[18:52] | I was seeing someone, | 我之前是有男朋友 |
[18:53] | and he did kind of just break into the house. | 而且刚才他的确闯进来了 |
[18:56] | Was it the guys who was climbing the tree outside when I arrived? | 是我来的时候那个在外面爬树的人吗 |
[18:59] | I thought he was the landscaper. | 我还以为他是园艺师 |
[19:00] | Yes, that was Steve. | 是的 那是史蒂夫 |
[19:02] | So this was all a waste of time? | 所以我是在浪费时间吗 |
[19:04] | Wow. I feel like I’m being pranked. | 我感觉被恶作剧了 |
[19:06] | No. No, I would never prank you. | 不 我不会对你恶作剧 |
[19:09] | I hate pranks. | 我讨厌恶作剧 |
[19:10] | I don’t understand why America has a national holiday to celebrate them. | 我不懂为什么美国会有专门庆祝恶作剧的节日 |
[19:13] | I agree. April Fools’ is way scarier than Halloween. | 我同意 愚人节比万圣节吓人多了 |
[19:18] | Look, Prashant, I am so sorry this happened, | 听着 普拉桑特 我很抱歉 |
[19:23] | but I promise you I’m not with Steve anymore. | 但是我保证 我已经和史蒂夫分手了 |
[19:26] | But also… I don’t think I’m ready to get engaged today. | 但是… 我今天也没做好订婚的准备 |
[19:31] | Well, that is very clear. | 显而易见 |
[19:34] | That doesn’t mean I won’t ever be. | 但也不是说永远都做不好这个准备 |
[19:36] | This all just feels so strange at the moment. | 只是现在这一切都感觉很奇怪 |
[19:39] | I know. It’s weird for me too. | 我知道 我也觉得奇怪 |
[19:41] | To be honest, I’m actually relieved | 说实话 我真松了一口气 |
[19:43] | you aren’t some Goody Two-shoes who does everything you’re told. | 看到你不是唯命是从的好好小姐 |
[19:47] | It makes you more interesting. | 这样的你更有趣 |
[19:49] | – You think so? – Definitely. | -你这么想吗 -当然 |
[19:51] | Every other Indian girl I’ve been set up with | 其他跟我相亲的印度女孩 |
[19:53] | has tried to act like my mother. | 都想装成我母亲 |
[19:54] | Yes. What is that about? | 就是 真搞不懂 |
[19:56] | I don’t know, but I’m certainly not trying to go to bed with my mother every night. | 我不知道 我肯定不想每天晚上跟我母亲一起睡觉 |
[20:03] | I know you just had another man climbing on you roof, | 我知道刚刚才有别的男人爬了你的屋顶 |
[20:06] | so maybe I’m an idiot for saying this, but I can’t help it. | 所以虽然听起来像傻瓜 但我还是要说 |
[20:10] | I kinda like you. | 我有点喜欢你 |
[20:12] | I kinda like you too. | 我也有点喜欢你 |
[20:14] | And your family is very… | 而且你的家人非常… |
[20:17] | entertaining. | 有趣 |
[20:19] | What if we just kept this between us? | 我们之间的事保密怎么样 |
[20:21] | Took things slow. Just got to know each other. | 我们慢慢来 了解一下对方 |
[20:24] | Are you saying you don’t want my uncle around every time we talk? | 你是说不想每次跟我说话的时候都有我伯伯在场吗 |
[20:28] | I’d prefer if he were not. | 他最好别在 |
[20:29] | I would too. | 我同意 |
[20:32] | Two secret boyfriends have entered this house | 一顿午饭的时间两个秘密男友进了这个家 |
[20:34] | during a lunch to decide this family’s future. | 直接关系到这个家庭的未来 |
[20:38] | What is it when I’m not here? Three secret boyfriends? | 要是我不在呢 三个秘密男友吗 |
[20:40] | This household is out of control! | 这个家太乱套了 |
[20:42] | It’s not out of control. | 不是乱套 |
[20:44] | I’d argue it’s too under control. | 我还觉得太受控了呢 |
[20:46] | Devi, do not talk back to your uncle. | 德维 不要跟你伯伯顶嘴 |
[20:48] | The lack of discipline and respect here is astounding to me. | 这里纪律和尊重的缺乏让我震惊 |
[20:52] | When you return to India, this behavior will be put to bed! | 等你回了印度就不会再有这些行为了 |
[20:55] | We’re going to India? | 我们要去印度 |
[20:57] | Can’t we vacation in Aspen like Ben’s family? | 不能像本他们家那样去阿斯彭度假吗 |
[20:59] | It’s the playground of the rich and famous. | 阿斯彭是有钱人和名人的后花园 |
[21:01] | You’re not just going on vacation to India, young lady. | 你不是去印度度假 孩子 |
[21:05] | Mom, what is he talking about? | 妈妈 他在说什么 |
[21:08] | Sweetheart, your uncle and I have been talking for the past month or so | 亲爱的 过去一个月里我和你伯伯在想 |
[21:12] | about how hard it’s been for us here, especially with family being so far away– | 我们这里的生活很艰难 尤其离家人那么远… |
[21:16] | Oh, my God. You want us to move to India? | 我的天啊 你想搬回印度 |
[21:19] | I… | 我… |
[21:24] | I think it would be better for us. | 我觉得搬回去对我们更好 |
[21:28] | – I need to go to my room. – Devi… | -我要回房间了 -德维… |
[21:31] | Aravind. | 阿拉温徳 |
[21:34] | -Devi, listen to me. -No, I don’t want to. | -德维 听我说 -不 我不想听 |
[21:36] | Look, I’ll know it’ll be a big change, but I think we need it. | 虽然变化会很大 但我觉得有必要那么做 |
[21:39] | Look, I feel like a stranger here, and I don’t have a support system, | 在这里我感觉是个异乡人 没有人帮我 |
[21:42] | and frankly, without your father around, I just… | 说实话 你父亲不在 我… |
[21:45] | I just feel like I’m really struggling to raise you. | 我觉得一个人抚养你很难 |
[21:59] | You are too easy on her. | 你对她太宽容了 |
[22:01] | No, I’m not. I have a different approach. | 我没有 我只是方法不同 |
[22:03] | Okay, great. Then why don’t you raise her? | 好的 很好 那你干脆自己养大她 |
[22:05] | Because I give up. I am done. She’s too headstrong and doesn’t listen. | 因为我放弃了 我不行了 她太倔了一点都不听话 |
[22:08] | Whoever this child is, I am through with her! | 不管她怎样吧 我受够她了 |
[22:10] | – Nalini– – No, that’s your child. | -娜里妮… -不 她是你的孩子 |
[22:13] | She’s no daughter of mine. | 我没有她这样的女儿 |
[22:19] | I understand you’re struggling to raise me. | 我理解抚养我很艰难 |
[22:22] | You’re struggling to raise me ’cause you don’t like me. | 因为你不喜欢我 所以抚养我很难 |
[22:25] | What? Don’t like you? That’s not true. | 什么 不喜欢你 不是这样的 |
[22:28] | I heard what you said the night Dad died. | 爸爸去世的那晚你说的话我都听到了 |
[22:31] | You said I wasn’t your daughter. | 你说你没有我这样的女儿 |
[22:35] | I know I’m just a burden to you. | 我知道我是你的负担 |
[22:37] | So you can go to India alone. | 所以你可以一个人去印度 |
[22:39] | Or maybe take Kamala with you. | 也可以带上卡玛拉 |
[22:41] | She’s the daughter you actually wanted. | 毕竟她才是你真正想要的女儿 |
[22:43] | Devi, that’s not fair. | 德维 这么说不公平 |
[22:46] | What’s not fair | 不公平的是 |
[22:48] | is that I lost the only parent that actually cared about me. | 我失去了唯一一个在乎我的家人 |
[22:54] | I wish you were the one that died that night. | 真希望那晚死的是你 |