时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:29] | Are you kissing? Your father’s ashes have barely begun to drift out to sea. | 你们在接吻?你爸爸的骨灰都还没流进海里 |
[00:32] | Get out of this car! | 给我下车 |
[00:36] | It’s always the short ones. | 每次都是矮个子 |
[00:38] | I’m sorry, Dr. Vishwakumar, | 对不起 威舍库玛医师 |
[00:41] | and, uh, my condolences? | 请节哀顺变? |
[00:45] | -Bye. -“Bye.” | -再见 -“再见” |
[00:46] | Kazhudai. “Bye. Bye.” | 笨蛋 再见个头 |
[00:53] | I mean, what disgraceful behavior, Devi! | 迪薇 你真是太不要脸了 |
[00:56] | What are you gonna do at my funeral? Just have sex on top of my grave? | 等我出殡时你要怎么样?在我的坟墓上打炮吗? |
[01:00] | I pray it’s a closed casket. | 希望到时别打开棺盖 |
[01:01] | I’m sorry, Mom. | 对不起啦 妈 |
[01:03] | I just got overcome with emotion because I love Dad so much! | 我必须平复自己的心情 因为我太爱爸了 |
[01:06] | -I would’ve kissed anyone. -Okay, fine. | -我可能看到谁就亲谁 -算了 |
[01:08] | I’m just gonna let it slide. | 我要把这件事忘掉 |
[01:10] | I’ve done crazy things when I’m emotional too. | 我难过时也会有疯狂的举动 |
[01:13] | I once hugged a man at Circuit City | 我在电器行抱过一个人 |
[01:15] | when I found out a damaged printer was 80% off. | 因为有台故障的打印机打二折 |
[01:18] | Is that why our printer’s so bad? | 所以我们的打印机烂成这样? |
[01:22] | 派克斯顿霍尔吉田 留言和未接来电 | |
[01:26] | Hey, I’m in your neighborhood. | 我人刚好在你家附近 |
[01:29] | Thought maybe we can hang out, but, uh, it seems like you’re busy. | 想说要不要出来 但你好像很忙 |
[01:32] | So, uh… | 所以 呃 |
[01:33] | Anyway, you can give me a call or text | 反正你可以打电话或传短信给我 |
[01:37] | or whatever. Okay. | 随便啦 好 |
[01:40] | Holy shit. | 我靠 |
[01:41] | Holy shit is right, Devi. | 这个”我靠”讲得没错 迪薇 |
[01:45] | Ever since their steamy kiss in his car, | 他们在男方车上热情激吻后 |
[01:49] | he’d been icing her out. | 男方就不理她了 |
[01:52] | As a former teen jock myself, I was not surprised by this behavior. | 我以前是青少年运动员 这种行为看太多了 |
[01:57] | My advice to Devi, | 我给迪薇的忠告是 |
[01:59] | don’t let this voicemail get your hopes up. | 别因为这则语音留言而开心太早 |
[02:01] | Just give up on Paxton. | 直接放弃派克斯顿吧 |
[02:03] | Set your sights on someone more attainable, | 把目标放在容易到手的对象 |
[02:06] | like that kid Ben you were just mouth kissing, | 就像你刚才还在热吻的小班 |
[02:08] | or that boy in math class who’s allergic to the sun. | 或是数学课那个对阳光过敏的小子 |
[02:16] | Be right in. | 我马上进去 |
[02:20] | Oh my God! | 天啊 |
[02:21] | Screw the allergy kid. | 别管那个过敏小鬼了 |
[02:23] | That’s Paxton! | 派克斯顿来了耶 |
[02:27] | Hey, were you waiting for me? | 嘿 你在等我吗? |
[02:30] | No. I was, uh, just chilling. | 没有 我只是出来逛逛 |
[02:33] | Outside of my house? | 逛到我家这里? |
[02:35] | Wait. Have you been here since you left that message? | 等等 你发那个留言后就来了? |
[02:37] | No. Well, yeah, I was waiting | 没有 对啦 我在等你 |
[02:40] | because I had nothing better to do. | 反正我也没别的事好干 |
[02:43] | And then I got hungry, so I ordered some Chinese food, | 后来我饿了 所以叫了中华料理 |
[02:46] | but I mean, I… I honestly, was just about to leave. | 不过我真的快要离开了 |
[02:50] | This is the longest Paxton Hall-Yoshida has ever spoken. | 派克斯顿霍尔吉田这辈子 还没讲过这么多话 |
[02:54] | Wait! Is he nervous? | 等一下 难道他紧张了? |
[02:57] | So, like, what’s up? | 所以 你今天怎么样? |
[03:00] | Uh, it was kind of a special day. | 今天很特别 |
[03:02] | We spread my dad’s ashes in Malibu. | 我们到马里布海滩撒我爸的骨灰 |
[03:04] | No shit. | 哇靠 |
[03:06] | That’s intense. | 好猛 |
[03:11] | So, did you have something you were gonna tell me or… | 所以 你有什么话要跟我说 还是 |
[03:14] | Yeah, I guess I just wanted to say | 对 我只是想说 |
[03:17] | I feel really bad for being such a dick to you. | 我以前对你那么坏 真的很抱歉 |
[03:19] | Yeah, you really were. | 对 你真的坏透了 |
[03:21] | I don’t kiss guys that often, Paxton. | 我很少亲男生的 派克斯顿 |
[03:23] | I thought maybe I did something wrong. | 我还以为自己做错事了 |
[03:25] | Like, maybe I flooded your mouth with saliva. | 也许我流太多口水到你嘴巴里 |
[03:28] | No, no. The kiss was fine. | 没有 那个吻没问题 |
[03:29] | It was good. | 感觉很棒 |
[03:31] | I was just being dumb, | 我只是在耍笨 |
[03:33] | and… I’m sorry. | 还有 对不起 |
[03:35] | Was it the greatest apology? No. | 这样算一流的道歉吗?没有 |
[03:39] | He mostly looked at his shoes, and the vocabulary was limited, | 他几乎都在看鞋子 词汇也很贫乏 |
[03:42] | but when it comes out of that beautiful mouth, | 但他的嘴形实在太美了 |
[03:44] | it’s friggin’ Shakespeare. | 听起来就像唐诗宋词 |
[03:47] | So would you maybe want to, like, come over for dinner tomorrow night? | 你明天晚上想不想来我家吃晚餐? |
[03:51] | Dinner? At your house? Y-You and me? | 晚餐?到你家?就我们俩? |
[03:55] | Eating together? At the same table? | 一起吃饭?在同一张餐桌上? |
[03:58] | Yeah. How do you normally eat dinner with people? | 对 不然你平常怎么跟别人吃晚餐? |
[04:03] | All right. Well, I’ll see you tomorrow, Vishwakumar. | 好 那我们明天见 威舍库玛 |
[04:07] | Whoa! Did Devi just French Ben at the beach | 哇 迪薇是不是跟小班在海边舌吻后 |
[04:11] | and get asked on a date by Paxton? | 还获得派克斯顿的邀约? |
[04:13] | Did hell freeze over in the last hour? | 太阳从西边出来了吗? |
[04:15] | How is it possible that this formally uneffable nerd | 这个官方认证没人想搞的书呆子 |
[04:19] | has two boys that are into her? | 怎么可能让两个男生倾心? |
[04:23] | 好想做一次 | |
[04:27] | Devi lay in her bed pondering these two grand romantic gestures. | 迪薇躺在床上 想着这两个伟大的浪漫举动 |
[04:32] | Ben had broken the law, stolen his Dad’s car, | 小班甘愿犯法 偷他爸爸的车 |
[04:35] | and risked his life to help her say goodbye to her dad, | 冒生命危险 只为了帮她跟爸爸道别 |
[04:38] | but Paxton had left her a voicemail. | 可是派克斯顿在她的语音信箱留言 |
[04:42] | A voicemail! | 语音留言耶 |
[04:44] | We’re talking about a boy who usually texts the letter “K.” | 这家伙平常都懒到只写短信说”可”的 |
[04:48] | And since Zoomers rarely call anyone on the phone, | 由于Z世代很少打电话给别人 |
[04:52] | checking Paxton’s voicemail led her to find another one | 所以她查派克斯顿的语音留言时 找到另一个 |
[04:55] | she had forgotten about. | 自己早就忘记的留言 |
[04:57] | 爸爸 | |
[04:58] | Hi, it’s Dad. I’m… I’m here at the mall to pick you up. | 喂 是爸爸 我在购物中心要接你 |
[05:02] | I’m parked in front of P.F. Chang’s, | 我把车子停在中餐厅前面 |
[05:04] | but a brute security guard is making me circle around. | 可是有个警卫很凶 逼我一直绕圈圈 |
[05:08] | Uh, oh, wait, I see you. Ah! There’s my perfect girl. | 等等 我看到你了 我最完美的女儿 |
[05:21] | Ugh! This Trader Joe’s puttanesca keeps falling out. | 老乔超市的意大利面酱老是掉出来 |
[05:24] | Wow. You’re taking so many snacks to India. You’ll be the hero of the family. | 你带这么多零食回印度 绝对会成为整个家族的英雄 |
[05:28] | Damn. Indian people love Trader Joe’s. | 哇 印度人超爱老乔超市的 |
[05:31] | They do. If I can bribe an uncle with a box of Thai Lime & Chili cashews, | 对 要是能用泰式青柠辣椒腰果 贿赂一个叔叔伯伯 |
[05:35] | maybe we can get a good deal on a condo for the two of us. | 也许能用好价格买间公寓给我们住 |
[05:39] | Kamala, inga vaadi. Just need some help. | 卡梅拉 过来 帮我个忙 |
[05:42] | Nalini was still set on moving to India at the end of the month, | 娜莉妮还在准备月底搬到印度的事 |
[05:45] | but first, she needed to go there to set things up | 但是她必须先到那边张罗事情 |
[05:48] | and kiss up to her family. | 讨好自己的家人 |
[05:51] | This sucks a butt. | 烂毙了 |
[05:52] | I can’t believe we’re moving to stupid India. | 我们竟然要搬去什么鬼印度 |
[05:54] | Things were just getting good for me here. | 我这边的生活才刚刚上轨道 |
[05:57] | Oh, because now you kiss boys in overpriced SUVs? | 因为你可以在豪华休旅车里亲男生? |
[05:59] | Yeah, there’ll be no more of that. | 对 以后就没这种好事了 |
[06:01] | Yeah, because you’re dragging me away | 对 因为我只有这个家 |
[06:04] | from the only home I’ve ever known. | 现在你却要把我带走 |
[06:07] | Listen, Devi, | 迪薇 你听好 |
[06:09] | I know this is not what you want, but I just need more family around us. | 我知道你不喜欢 但我需要家人帮忙 |
[06:12] | So can you please just give this a chance? | 所以可以请你试试看吗? |
[06:15] | And while Devi wasn’t thrilled about the move, | 虽然迪薇对搬家的事耿耿于怀 |
[06:18] | she felt close to her mom for the first time in a while | 但她有好一阵子没跟妈妈这么亲近 |
[06:21] | and didn’t want to mess that up. | 所以不想破坏这个气氛 |
[06:23] | It doesn’t matter. | 没关系 |
[06:24] | I’ll be back here in two years, going to Princeton, | 我两年后就回来念普林斯顿 |
[06:26] | dating a guy in a band. | 交个搞乐团的男友 |
[06:28] | I’ll get a tattoo of his name under my boobs like Rihanna. | 学蕾哈娜把男友的名字纹到胸部下面 |
[06:31] | Over my dead body. | 杀了我再说 |
[06:33] | So, I have a very exciting day today. | 我今天会过得很有意思 |
[06:35] | I’m gonna meet with this other dermatologist in my building. | 我要找同一栋的另一个皮肤科医师 |
[06:38] | I’m gonna try and sell him my patient roster | 想办法用超浮夸的价格 |
[06:40] | for a vastly inflated price. | 把我的病患名单卖给他 |
[06:43] | Whoa. Dr. Jackson? | 哇 杰克森医生? |
[06:44] | He took the fat out of Ben’s mom’s double chin | 他抽取小班妈妈的双下巴脂肪 |
[06:46] | and stuck it in her butt. | 然后注射到她的屁股 |
[06:48] | It looks amazing. | 现在超翘的 |
[06:49] | And he drives a Maybach. | 而且他开迈巴赫名车 |
[06:50] | It would be ostentatious on anyone else, | 别人开的感觉就是炫耀 |
[06:52] | but somehow he drives it with a quiet humility. | 但他开起来就是很沉静 低调 |
[06:55] | Who needs all that flash? | 搞那么多花样干嘛? |
[06:57] | I think people prefer no-frills, | 我觉得大家喜欢平实 |
[06:59] | immigrant values when it comes to their dermatologist. | 代表移民价值观的皮肤科医师 |
[07:02] | In your dreams, Mom. | 妈 你作梦 |
[07:04] | I have an exciting day as well. | 我今天也会过得很刺激 |
[07:05] | Today I start my new PhD rotation for, get this, Dr. Elgin Peters’ lab. | 我今天博士班的课 要换到艾金彼得博士的实验室 |
[07:13] | He’s basically the LeBron of stem cell research. | 他简直就是干细胞研究的天王 |
[07:17] | He’s the reason I went to Caltech. | 我念加州理工学院就是为了他 |
[07:19] | His work on gallbladder cells is breathtaking. | 他的胆囊细胞研究超级猛 |
[07:21] | It is so annoying how no one knows how nerdy you are because you’re so hot. | 气死我了 没人知道你有多宅 因为你的身材太辣了 |
[07:26] | Thank you, Devi. | 迪薇 谢谢 |
[07:30] | As Devi entered Facing History, | 迪薇走进”面对历史”课教室时 |
[07:32] | she was also facing love triangle. | 也必须面对三角恋情 |
[07:35] | What an embarrassment of riches! | 这到底该怎么选啊? |
[07:38] | I know what you kids are thinking. | 我知道你们小鬼在想什么 |
[07:40] | This is just like the time in 1979 | 这就像我在1979年时 |
[07:42] | when I won the US Open Doubles title | 拿下美国网球公开赛双打冠军 |
[07:45] | and later that same week, the Men’s Singles title. | 然后在同一周拿下男子单打冠军 |
[07:48] | Wow! Look at that gorgeous hair. | 哇 你看我的头发多丰润 |
[07:51] | Anyway, she was on a hot streak. | 反正她现在手气正旺 |
[07:53] | She probably would have felt guilty if it weren’t so exciting. | 要不是因为太刺激了 她可能会有罪恶感 |
[07:57] | Good morning, Ben. | 早安 小班 |
[07:58] | Good morning, Paxton. | 早安 派克斯顿 |
[07:59] | So nice to see both of you on this fine day. | 今天天气真好 看到你们感觉真好 |
[08:02] | Salutations, my protégés. | 我的学生 大家好 |
[08:05] | How were your weekends? | 你们的周末怎么样? |
[08:07] | I spent mine in Little Ethiopia refreshing my collection of dashikis. | 我周末时到埃塞俄比亚社区 采购非洲传统喜庆服饰 |
[08:13] | My weekend was pretty great. | 我这个周末过得很好 |
[08:14] | Yeah, my weekend was tight. | 我这个周末过得超赞 |
[08:16] | They’re talking about you, Devi. Be cool. | 他们讲的是你 迪薇 冷静点 |
[08:19] | I spread my dad’s ashes at the beach. | 我到海边撒我爸的骨灰 |
[08:22] | Nope. | 完了 |
[08:23] | Ah yes. | 对啊 |
[08:24] | Antyeshti, the last samskara | 葬礼 印度教传统中 |
[08:27] | in a series of life cycle events in the Hindu tradition. | 生命周期一连串事件最后的”业” |
[08:30] | I would’ve loved to have joined. | 我好想参加 |
[08:32] | That would’ve been weird. | 这样会很尴尬 |
[08:33] | Perhaps. | 大概吧 |
[08:34] | I wanna remind everybody | 我要提醒各位 |
[08:36] | that our annual community service day is tomorrow, | 明天是每年一次的社区服务活动 |
[08:39] | and we are going to be removing trash from a park in Pacoima, | 我们要去帕科马的一座公园捡垃圾 |
[08:42] | but the real cleansing will be to… | 但我们实际上要洁净 |
[08:46] | our own consciences. | 个人的良心 |
[08:47] | Oh, I know that park. I love littering there. | 我知道那个公园 我喜欢在那边乱丢垃圾 |
[08:54] | 法碧欧拉和艾莉诺 早上9点8分 各位 我们要紧急会谈 | |
[09:06] | Hi. We’re here to see Dr. Jackson. | 我们来见杰克森医生 |
[09:07] | Okay. | 好 |
[09:09] | What rubbish is this? What kind of doctor sells pumpkin spice body butter? | 这什么鬼?什么医生 会卖南瓜香料润肤霜? |
[09:13] | It’s actually very helpful for burn victims. | 这个对烧烫伤患者很有效 |
[09:16] | Hello, Dr. Vishwakumar. | 威舍库玛医师 你好 |
[09:18] | Dr. Jackson. | 杰克森医生 |
[09:19] | How can I help you today? | 请问有何贵干? |
[09:20] | Wow! Is Wolverine your patient? | 哇 金钢狼是你的顾客? |
[09:22] | Oh, Hugh? | 休杰克曼啊? |
[09:24] | His family stays at my place in Tahoe. | 他家人借住我在塔荷那边的家 |
[09:26] | I always forget he’s a celebrity. He’s just so down-to-earth. | 我老是忘记他很有名 因为他太没架子了 |
[09:29] | Dr. Jackson, | 杰克森医生 |
[09:31] | as you know, I am moving my family back to India and… | 你也知道我们全家要搬回印度 |
[09:34] | Oh, is… is that why you’re leaving? | 所以你才要离开? |
[09:35] | I assumed you lost your medical license for negligence. | 我以为你是因为医疗过失丢了执照 |
[09:39] | Hilarious joke. | 很好笑 |
[09:40] | Anyway, I have an enviable client roster, | 反正我有大家抢破头的顾客名单 |
[09:43] | and well, they can all be yours for no less than $100,000. | 只要10万美元 就可以归你所有 |
[09:48] | Now, you’re the hilarious one. | 现在好笑的是你吧? |
[09:50] | Thank you for stopping by. | 谢谢你大驾光临 |
[09:52] | Take some SPF lip balm on your way out. | 走之前拿几条防晒护唇膏吧 |
[09:54] | Wait, wait, you must not have heard me. | 等一下 你一定没听清楚 |
[09:56] | My entire roster of loyal patients isn’t attractive to you? | 你不想要我的忠实顾客名单? |
[10:00] | I don’t need your patients. I’m very successful. | 我不需要你的顾客 我已经很成功了 |
[10:02] | Netflix wants me for a docu-series called Field of Derms. | 网飞还想帮我拍 纪录片影集《皮肤科神医》 |
[10:06] | James Earl Jones is the host. | 主持人是詹姆斯厄尔琼斯 |
[10:08] | Ooh, you should do it. I’d watch it. | 你应该点头的 我想看 |
[10:10] | Okay, look. Even though our priorities are very different, | 好吧 虽然我们的重点差很多 |
[10:13] | and your office looks like Caesars Palace, | 而且你的诊所就跟皇宫一样 |
[10:16] | I would feel better leaving, | 我想求个心安 所以 |
[10:18] | knowing that they’re being cared for by someone who is… | 希望能把我的病患交给 |
[10:22] | good at their job. | 医术高明的人 |
[10:24] | I’ll give you ten grand. | 我给你1万美元 |
[10:27] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[10:27] | Oh, and, Tracey, we’re always looking for experienced RNs. | 崔西 我们一直都在找资深护理师 |
[10:31] | Oh, really? Can I leave my resume? | 真的吗?我可以留下履历表吗? |
[10:33] | She’d rather go back to working at Jamba Juice. Let’s go. | 她宁愿回去卖珍珠奶茶 走吧 |
[10:36] | Take the samples, the lip balm. There’s eye cream there. | 拿试用品 拿护唇膏 眼霜 |
[10:39] | Make-up bag, whatever you can stuff in your pockets. | 口袋能塞多少东西就拿多少 |
[10:43] | 克里斯多夫杰克森医师 皮肤科诊所 | |
[10:47] | You kissed Ben Gross? | 你跟班葛罗斯接吻? |
[10:49] | Paxton asked you out? | 派克斯顿邀你出去? |
[10:50] | On top of you moving to India? | 然后你要搬去印度? |
[10:52] | Wait, what’s happening? | 等一下 这怎么回事? |
[10:53] | I know. It’s a lot. | 我知道很晴天霹雳 |
[10:55] | This is insane. | 实在太扯了 |
[10:56] | Guys, my mom’s made up her mind. We’re definitely moving. | 各位 我妈决定了 我们非搬不可 |
[11:00] | Well, India is at the cutting edge of robotics. | 印度的机器人技术非常雪铁龙 |
[11:03] | My robot, Gears Brosnan, has friends in Mumbai, | 我的机器人在孟买有朋友 |
[11:05] | so we’d come visit you. | 我们可以去看你 |
[11:06] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[11:07] | I heard you can make a great living in Bollywood movies playing the evil American. | 听说在宝莱坞演邪恶的美国人很赚钱 |
[11:13] | Devi, we’re gonna miss you so much. | 迪薇 我们一定会很想你 |
[11:15] | I know. I’m gonna miss you guys too. | 我知道 我也会很想你们 |
[11:20] | 小班:等一下要出来吗?派克斯顿:今晚计划不变吗? | |
[11:24] | But that’s why I have to figure out my boy situation stat! | 所以我要马上知道怎么解决男生问题 |
[11:27] | This is my last chance for an American high school boyfriend. | 这是我交美国高中男友的最后机会 |
[11:30] | So obviously this calls for a… Drum roll, please. | 所以这时就需要 请击鼓 |
[11:35] | Pros and cons list. | 列出优缺点 |
[11:37] | Devi didn’t know how she could make this decision. | 迪薇不知道该怎么决定 |
[11:40] | She really liked both Ben and Paxton, | 她真的同时喜欢小班和派克斯顿 |
[11:43] | and each one had so much going for them. | 每个人又有说不完的特点 |
[11:46] | On one hand, Ben… | 拿小班来说 |
[11:47] | -Paxton. -What? We’re not done with the list yet. | -派克斯顿 -什么?我们都还没写完耶 |
[11:50] | Paxton! | 派克斯顿 |
[11:51] | Guys, how can you be so sure? | 你们怎么这么笃定? |
[11:53] | Ben is an obnoxious hobbit who has tortured you for countless years. | 小班就像超讨厌的哈比人 跟你作对这么久 |
[11:57] | Paxton is a mixed-race hottie who got scouted to model | 派克斯顿是混血帅哥 去电视台看录像现场 |
[11:59] | while in the audience at The Price is Right. | 也能被找去当模特儿 |
[12:01] | If I could have a smoke show like Paxton, Oliver would be kicked to the curb. | 如果派克斯顿是我男友 我会一脚踢开奥立佛 |
[12:04] | But Ben did do such a heroic thing | 可是小班帮了我一个大忙 |
[12:07] | driving me all the way to Malibu to spread my dad’s ashes. | 开车载我到马里布 让我撒我爸的骨灰 |
[12:09] | Uh, is it that heroic to drive slowly from the Valley to the Westside? | 从圣弗南多谷慢慢开到西区 有那么伟大吗? |
[12:13] | My dad does it every day for work. | 我爸每天都这样开 |
[12:14] | He also mended the friendship between the three of us. | 他还帮我们三人重修旧好 |
[12:17] | Yeah, fine. | 好吧 |
[12:18] | But there will be a billion cocky nerds like Ben at Princeton. | 但普林斯顿超多跟他一样的臭屁书虫 |
[12:21] | This is your one chance to hook up with a Paxton, | 这是你跟派克斯顿交往的大好机会 |
[12:24] | and when you’re old and on your deathbed, | 等到你老了快要死时 |
[12:26] | whose naked body do you want to be picturing? | 你会想回忆哪个人的裸体? |
[12:28] | On my deathbed, wouldn’t I be thinking about my kids and grandkids and stuff? | 到时我会想着自己的孩子和孙子吧? |
[12:32] | No, that’s a myth. | 错了 那是迷思 |
[12:33] | I guess I wouldn’t mind seeing a nude Paxton when I bite the dust. | 快死时能看到派克斯顿的裸体也不错 |
[12:36] | Exactly. | 一点也没错 |
[12:38] | So, I should let Ben down easy and choose Paxton. | 所以我应该赶快甩掉小班 选择派克斯顿 |
[12:41] | But what if I hurt Ben? | 但要是小班难过呢? |
[12:43] | Yay! She chose Paxton! | 耶 她选派克斯顿 |
[12:44] | Yes! | 赞 |
[12:48] | Ooh, is that Eve? Are you officially girlf and girlf? | 是夏娃吗?你们正式交往了吗? |
[12:50] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[12:54] | What’s a Villanelle? | 薇拉奈是什么? |
[12:57] | Uh, the question is, “Who is Villanelle?” | 你应该问 “薇拉奈是谁啦?” |
[12:59] | And the answer is the iconic anti-hero of Killing Eve | 她是《杀死伊芙》里的大反派 |
[13:02] | who slays both people and amazing fashion looks. | 不但到处杀人 而且超有时尚品味 |
[13:05] | Fabiola was on a text chain with her girlfriend, Eve, | 法碧欧拉在跟女朋友夏娃 |
[13:08] | and all of Eve’s queer friends. | 和夏娃的同志朋友用消息聊天 |
[13:11] | She didn’t always get their references | 她有时不懂大家在聊什么 |
[13:13] | because she knew almost nothing of pop culture. | 因为她对大众文化几乎完全陌生 |
[13:15] | What’s a Bebe Rexha? | 碧碧蕾克莎是什么? |
[13:17] | Oh! Is that a robot like BB-8? | 是《星球大战》里的机器人吗? |
[13:20] | Oh, honey. | 喔 美女 |
[13:22] | Anyway, as I was saying, | 反正我的意思是 |
[13:25] | I may have been the one to accept the award, | 虽然得奖的人是我 |
[13:28] | but Nobels are not won alone. | 但诺贝尔奖不是一人的功劳 |
[13:30] | They are won as a team, | 而是团队的成果 |
[13:31] | and so I just wanted to say thank you for being my team. | 所以我要感谢各位加入这个研究小组 |
[13:36] | And just imagine, | 想一想 |
[13:38] | the research we are doing today | 我们今日的研究 |
[13:40] | may one day lead to a world without gallstones. | 也许未来能让胆结石永远消失 |
[13:52] | Speed Racer, where are you going? | 超级跑车 你要去哪里? |
[13:54] | Just trying to talk to Dr. Peters. | 我只是想跟彼得博士讲话 |
[13:55] | Yeah, unfortunately, a scientific rock star like Dr. Peters | 可惜彼得博士这种科学超级巨星 |
[13:59] | needs to return to work. | 必须回去研究 |
[14:00] | I’m his head research assistant, right-hand man, Evan Safstrom. | 我是他的研究助理组长 兼左右手 埃文萨夫斯卓姆 |
[14:04] | -I’ll be your mentor/hero. -Goodbye, everyone. | -我是你的导师兼最佳男主角 -各位再见 |
[14:08] | I was really looking forward to working with him. | 我真的很想跟他合作 |
[14:10] | He’s busy, so you’re mostly gonna be dealing with me. | 他真的很忙 所以你大概只能碰到我 |
[14:13] | Okay, let’s meet the other people in the lab. | 好 先认识一下实验室的其他人 |
[14:15] | Okay, we got Vivek, Marshall, Kachik, Edvard, Emilio. | 好 有魏维克 马歇尔 卡西克 爱德瓦 艾利欧 |
[14:20] | There’s Setseg, and there’s Wally, the walrus. | 还有赛特西 还有瓦利 绰号海象 |
[14:24] | Guys, go. Say hi to the newbie, Kamaa-la. | 各位跟菜鸟卡马拉打声招呼 |
[14:26] | -Oh, it’s Kamala. -Camel-a. Got it. | -卡梅拉啦 -坎梅拉 知道了 |
[14:28] | Nice to meet you. | 请多多指教 |
[14:29] | You probably have, like, a really handsome boyfriend, huh? | 你可能有个超级帅哥男友吧? |
[14:32] | Sorry, you have to work with bunch of gross nerds like us. | 抱歉 你得跟我们这群恶心宅男工作 |
[14:36] | That’s not true. You’re not gross. | 没这回事 你一点也不恶心 |
[14:40] | -Oh God. -Okay. | -天啊 -好 |
[14:42] | All right. Everybody, come on. Back to work. | 好了 所有人快点 继续工作 |
[14:44] | Kamala, can you hang back a second? | 卡梅拉 你可以过来一下吗? |
[14:46] | Would you mind washing out those beakers there? | 你可以洗那边的烧杯吗? |
[14:49] | They look a little… meh! | 看起来有点 |
[14:52] | -Sure. -Cool. | -没问题 -乖 |
[14:54] | Thanks for being such a team player. See you around. | 谢谢你这么合作 回头见 |
[14:58] | Later that day, | 下半天 |
[15:00] | Devi had to do something she had never done before in her life, | 迪薇必须做一件她从来没做过的事 |
[15:04] | break someone’s heart. | 伤别人的心 |
[15:05] | So she came armed with something she hoped would offset the bad news. | 所以她带了也许能弥补坏消息的东西 |
[15:10] | I got you cashew brittle. Top of the line. | 我帮你买了顶级腰果酥饼 |
[15:13] | My mom keeps it for funerals or apologies to neighbors. | 我妈在葬礼或跟邻居道歉时才送这个 |
[15:16] | Hmm. Well, I’m not your neighbor, so are you planning to kill me or… | 我不是你邻居 所以你要杀我还是 |
[15:20] | No. | 没有啦 |
[15:22] | I would never do anything to hurt you. | 我绝对不会伤害你的 |
[15:27] | So we should talk about what happened. | 我们应该把那件事讲开来 |
[15:30] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[15:32] | Ben… I don’t know if that was the right thing to do. | 小班 我不知道做那件事对不对 |
[15:36] | It wasn’t. | 不对 |
[15:37] | Because of Shira. | 因为对不起席拉 |
[15:40] | Right, of course. | 对喔 一定的 |
[15:42] | It’s not okay to be unfaithful to someone like that. She deserves more. | 脚踏两条船是不对的 我不能这样对她 |
[15:45] | I mean, she was the person who gave me my first handy, | 她是第一个帮我打手枪的人 |
[15:49] | which is why I broke up with her today. | 所以我今天跟她分手了 |
[15:52] | -You did? -Big time. | -真的?-超惨的 |
[15:54] | Even though her boobs are | 虽然她有 |
[15:55] | the biggest rack of natties out of anyone in our entire grade, | 我们全年级最大的天然奶 |
[15:59] | it wasn’t real. | 但却不是真爱 |
[16:01] | -What you and I have is. -It is? | -我们的感情却是真的 -真的吗? |
[16:04] | Do you know that last night I stood up to my parents for the first time in my life? | 昨天晚上是我人生中第一次反抗父母 |
[16:08] | Now we’re gonna have dinner together once a week. | 我们现在每周要共进晚餐一次 |
[16:11] | Because of you. | 你的功劳 |
[16:13] | Wow. | 哇 |
[16:14] | That’s why I want you to be my girlfriend, Devi. | 所以我要你当我的女朋友 |
[16:16] | I… I know you’re moving to India, but I’m cool with long distance. | 我知道你要搬去印度 但我能接受远距离恋情 |
[16:20] | My dad has access to a PJ. | 我爸爸有”私机” |
[16:23] | A private jet. | 私人客机 |
[16:26] | You don’t have to say anything right now, but… Devi, I’m all-in. | 你现在不必说什么 迪薇 但是我要跟你在一起 |
[16:34] | Ugh! She was kissing him again! | 她又吻了他一次 |
[16:36] | Devi, what are you doing? | 迪薇 你在做什么? |
[16:38] | This was the worst breakup ever. | 这是史上最烂的分手方式 |
[16:41] | Even though she felt guilty about Ben, | 虽然迪薇对小班感到很抱歉 |
[16:44] | Devi had to follow through on her date with Paxton. | 但她还是决定跟派克斯顿约会 |
[16:47] | I mean, it was Paxton. | 毕竟 这是派克斯顿耶 |
[16:50] | She had been in love with him since the third grade | 自从他小学三年级跟着家人 |
[16:53] | when his family moved from Bakersfield. | 从贝克斯非搬来后 她就爱着他 |
[16:56] | And even though he never knew she existed… | 即使对方不知道有她这个人 |
[17:00] | …her crush on him had lasted the test of time. | 她的暗恋情愫历经时间考验 |
[17:04] | You dropped your maxi pads! | 你的卫生棉掉了 |
[17:06] | The last time Devi had gone over to Paxton’s house like this, | 迪薇上次像这样到派克斯顿的家时 |
[17:10] | it was for no-strings-attached sex, | 只是要上床 不必认真 |
[17:13] | but tonight was a real date | 但今晚是真正的约会 |
[17:15] | between two people who are actually dating. | 两人之间真正的约会 |
[17:18] | If there was sex, there’d be strings. | 到时如果上床 就要认真了 |
[17:22] | Hey, you look nice. | 嗨 你这样穿真好看 |
[17:24] | Thanks. So do you. | 谢谢 你也是 |
[17:26] | He really did. No flip-flops. No pit stains. | 真的是这样 没穿拖鞋 腋下没汗渍 |
[17:30] | A shirt with actual buttons. | 这件衬衫上还有纽扣 |
[17:32] | This date was going to be awesome. | 这次约会一定会欲仙欲死 |
[17:35] | Grab a seat, Lil’ D. | 拿把椅子 小迪 |
[17:36] | ‘Sup, Coyote Girl? | 嗨 土狼妹 |
[17:40] | Trent! What the hell? | 川特 搞屁啊? |
[17:41] | Whoops! Did I just hit you in the boob? | 糟糕 我打到你的胸部了吗? |
[17:43] | Yeah, you did. | 一点也没错 |
[17:45] | Whoa. I just hit your mountains with my Dew. | 哇 我用啤酒罐打到你的双峰 |
[17:49] | You hit her cans with your can. | 这样等于间接摸乳耶 |
[17:52] | Dude, shut up! | 你们闭嘴啦 |
[17:54] | It’s all good. So I take it you two are about to head out? | 没关系 所以你们两个要走了吗? |
[17:58] | Nah, bro, pizza’s on its way. | 并没有 披萨快到了 |
[17:59] | We got triple sausage ’cause we’re three guys. | 我们点三份香肠口味 因为有三个男人 |
[18:03] | Oh, shit. Now we got four for Call of Duty. | 靠 现在凑足四人玩《决胜时刻》 |
[18:05] | Fire it up. | 开战吧 |
[18:08] | Okay. So, Paxton and me versus you two? | 好 所以派克斯顿跟我和你们对打? |
[18:11] | Oh no, little buddy. | 不行 小朋友 |
[18:13] | Marcus and I gotta be on the same team. We’re magic together. | 马克斯跟我默契超好 一定要同组 |
[18:16] | Thanks for taking the time to make me feel special tonight. | 谢谢你今晚这么捧我 |
[18:19] | Really? | 搞屁啊? |
[18:20] | Wait, so I have to be on the same team as Denise? | 等一下 所以我要跟丹妮丝同组? |
[18:23] | Devi. | 我叫迪薇 |
[18:25] | Whatever. This is a huge waste of time. | 随便啦 真是浪费时间 |
[18:28] | And that was exactly how Devi was starting to feel about this date. | 迪薇也开始觉得这次约会是浪费时间 |
[18:43] | Hey, Prashant. | 嗨 裴桑 |
[18:45] | Oh. Hi, Devi. Is Kamala around? | 嗨 迪薇 卡梅拉在吗? |
[18:48] | Yeah, I’ll get her in a sec. | 在 我马上叫她来 |
[18:50] | Listen, I need some advice about matters of the heart. | 我有件感情的事要请你提供建议 |
[18:53] | Here’s a question. You’re a handsome guy, right? | 问题是 你是个帅哥吧? |
[18:56] | Is that the question? | 你就是要问这个? |
[18:57] | How many friends would you bring to a first date with a girl? | 你第一次跟女生约会时 会请几个朋友? |
[19:02] | Zero? | 零个吧? |
[19:03] | That’s what I thought. | 我也这么觉得 |
[19:04] | Here comes Kamala. You’re a good guy, Prashant. | 卡梅拉来了 你真好 裴桑 |
[19:07] | Let me know if you ever need any advice. | 如果你需要什么建议 欢迎发问 |
[19:09] | I’m really mature about tons of shit. | 我在很多方面都很成熟 |
[19:11] | I’m sure you are. Thank you, Devi. | 我想也是 谢谢迪薇 |
[19:13] | Move. | 走开 |
[19:14] | He’s all yours. | 交给你了 |
[19:17] | Hey, so I was brainstorming things we could do together | 嗨 我一直在想 等我过几周后跑去找你时 |
[19:21] | when I visit you in a couple of weeks. | 要做什么 |
[19:22] | What do you think about going to see Jimmy Kimmel? | 要不要去看吉米金莫的现场节目? |
[19:25] | I just love Guillermo. | 我超爱吉耶莫的 |
[19:27] | Right, you’re visiting. That’ll be cool. | 对喔 你要来了 真是太好了 |
[19:30] | Okay, that feels like the same level of excitement you’d reserve | 好 你的高兴程度感觉起来就像是 |
[19:34] | for someone you, what’s the word? | 看见你 该怎么说? |
[19:37] | Detest? | 讨厌的人 |
[19:39] | I’m sorry. I am excited to see you, Prashant. | 对不起 裴桑 我看到你是很高兴 |
[19:42] | I had the first day of my new rotation, and it didn’t go great. | 我今天换实验室第一天 感觉却很差 |
[19:46] | But Dr. Peters is the LeBron of stem cell research. What happened? | 可是彼得博士 在干细胞领域是天王 怎么了? |
[19:49] | I didn’t even really get to talk to him. | 我根本就没办法跟他讲话 |
[19:51] | I had to spend most of the day cleaning beakers | 我帮一堆宅男科学家 |
[19:53] | for a bunch of nerdy scientists who barely talked to me. | 洗了整天的烧杯 他们还不跟我讲话 |
[19:57] | First days are always weird. | 前几天总是比较尴尬 |
[19:58] | I’m sure it will get better once you all get to know each other. | 等你们混熟了 情况一定会变好 |
[20:02] | Besides, how can anyone not like you? | 而且怎么可能有人不喜欢你? |
[20:05] | Thank you, Prashant. | 谢谢你 裴桑 |
[20:07] | Maybe tomorrow will be better. | 也许明天会好一点 |
[20:09] | Oh, and I already booked us Jimmy Kimmel tickets. | 而且我订了《吉米金莫》节目的票 |
[20:12] | I, too, love Guillermo. | 我也很爱吉耶莫 |
[20:16] | The next morning, Devi was recounting | 第二天早上 迪薇列出 |
[20:18] | the excruciating details of her | 昨晚跟派克斯顿和他朋友 |
[20:20] | non-date with Paxton and his friends. | 一起”非约会”的惨痛细节 |
[20:23] | No candlelit dinner? | 没有烛光晚餐? |
[20:25] | No rose petals in a little trail leading to the bedroom door? | 没用玫瑰花瓣铺满通往卧室的路上? |
[20:29] | Where he’s arranged more petals in a giant heart in his California king bed? | 也没在超大的心形床上铺更多花瓣? |
[20:32] | If it wasn’t obvious to you before, | 如果以前够明显了还看不出来 |
[20:34] | these two girls are both virgins. | 听好了 这两个女生都是处女 |
[20:37] | His friends didn’t even leave. | 他的朋友还不肯走 |
[20:38] | I finally took off when Trent ate way too much pizza and barfed. | 等到川特吃披萨吃到吐后 我就闪人 |
[20:43] | I guess Paxton just wants to be friends. | 派克斯顿大概只想当朋友吧 |
[20:45] | Maybe it’s for the best. His penis is too big. | 也许这样最好 毕竟他的阴茎太大了 |
[20:48] | Yeah, he was wearing gray sweatpants the other day at drop off. | 对 他前几天在接送区穿灰色运动裤 |
[20:51] | My mom rear-ended a bus. | 结果我妈看到撞校车 |
[20:54] | Well, this is great because Ben’s into me, and I’m into him. | 这样也好 小班喜欢我 我也喜欢他 |
[20:58] | So I’ll just chill on the B train until I have to go to India. | 所以我就跟小班交往 然后去印度 |
[21:01] | Problem solved. | 搞定 |
[21:02] | Yeah, and Ben’s penis seems more normal. | 对啊 而且小班的阴茎好像比较正常 |
[21:07] | -Hey, babe. -Hey. | -宝贝 -嘿 |
[21:09] | A bunch of us were thinking about going to an L Word trivia night tomorrow. | 我们几个人明天晚上 想参加《拉字至上》猜谜活动 |
[21:13] | -Do you want to come? -Sure. Yeah. | -你想去吗?-好啊 没问题 |
[21:16] | I watch that show. The “L” stands for lesbian. | 我看过那部剧 “拉”代表女同志 |
[21:21] | Good work, Fab. | 太强了 小法 |
[21:22] | You really sound like a hip, young, gay woman. | 一听就知道你是最潮的年轻女同志 |
[21:27] | Henry David Thoreau once said, | 名作家亨利大卫梭罗说过 |
[21:31] | “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, | ”我到这座森林是为了过严谨的生活 |
[21:36] | and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” | 不想在死前才发现自己从来没活过” |
[21:43] | Yeah, but he was talking about Walden Pond. | 对 可是他讲的是瓦尔登湖 |
[21:45] | This is a field full of trash in Pacoima. | 这里是一堆垃圾的帕科马空地 |
[21:48] | Aw, cool! A condom! | 好酷 有保险套 |
[21:51] | That’s right, Trent. Contraception is cool. | 没错 川特 避孕措施很酷 |
[21:54] | It’s what allowed women to join the workforce. | 避孕让妇女得以加入职场 |
[21:57] | This right here is freedom. | 这个东西 就是自由 |
[22:02] | All righty. Everybody partner up. | 好 大家分组 |
[22:06] | Hey, Ben, want to pick up trash with me? | 小班 要跟我一起捡垃圾吗? |
[22:08] | I’ll do puddles so you don’t stain your sneakers. | 我负责水坑 免得你的球鞋脏掉 |
[22:11] | Deal, but just don’t slow me down. | 好 但是不要拖慢我的速度 |
[22:13] | I’m trying to fill ten bags by lunch | 我想在午餐前捡满十袋 |
[22:15] | so I can be interviewed by the local paper. | 这样才能接受记者采访 |
[22:30] | Is this a headshot? | 这是大头照? |
[22:32] | Wow, LA trash is depressing. | 洛杉矶的垃圾好让人难过 |
[22:34] | I know. I think I saw a silicone breast implant. | 对啊 我好像看到隆胸用的硅胶 |
[22:38] | So, about yesterday, | 所以 关于昨天的事 |
[22:40] | I thought about what you said, and… I’m in. | 我考虑过你说的话 我答应 |
[22:44] | I’d like to be your girlfriend. | 我想当你的女朋友 |
[22:45] | As long as we don’t kill each other, I think it could be nice. | 只要我们不自相残杀 应该会不错 |
[22:49] | -Yeah? -Yeah. | -真的?-对 |
[22:51] | Okay. That’s awesome. | 好 太棒了 |
[22:58] | An AVN award? For MILF performer of the year. | A片奖?年度最佳人母女优 |
[23:03] | That’s bleak. | 太惨了 |
[23:08] | -Hey. -Hey. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[23:11] | Uh, if you’re looking for Trent, he’s over there peeing on a dead skunk. | 你要找川特的话 他在那边朝臭鼬尸体尿尿 |
[23:14] | Well, I was actually looking for you. | 其实我是要找你 |
[23:17] | Can I talk to you for a sec? | 可以跟你讲一下话吗? |
[23:24] | Why didn’t you pick me to be your partner? I thought we had like something going on. | 你为什么不跟我一组?我以为我们是一对 |
[23:28] | What are you talking about? You clearly don’t like me like that. | 你在说什么?你只是把我当一般朋友 |
[23:32] | Yeah, I do. Why would I take you on a date if I didn’t like you? | 没这回事 我不喜欢你的话 干嘛邀你去约会? |
[23:36] | That wasn’t a date. Your friends were there. | 那不是约会 你的朋友在场 |
[23:39] | My friends are always on my dates. They leave when it’s time to hook up. | 我每次约会都找朋友啊 他们会在亲热时闪人 |
[23:42] | Like, last night we could have hooked up, but then Trent barfed, and you left. | 我们昨天本来可以亲热的 可是川特一吐你就跑了 |
[23:47] | Yeah. I left | 对 我跑了 |
[23:48] | because Trent was barfing on our date. | 因为川特在我们约会时呕吐 |
[23:51] | Okay, you’re right. | 好 你说得对 |
[23:52] | The barfing wasn’t ideal, | 呕吐的确很煞风景 |
[23:53] | but I didn’t realize you wanted it to be like a one-on-one thing. | 可是我不知道你想要一对一约会 |
[23:56] | That’s what a date is by definition. | 约会的定义就是一对一 |
[24:00] | Fine. Okay. I… I will take you on a real date. | 好啦 我就跟你来一场真正的约会 |
[24:05] | It’s too late now. And besides, I’m moving to India. | 现在太晚了 而且我要搬到印度去 |
[24:09] | You’re moving to India? Like, forever? | 你要搬到印度 永远不回来? |
[24:13] | Yeah. Like, in a month. | 对 大概一个月后 |
[24:18] | We’ll have to make this time count. | 那就得把握时间了 |
[24:24] | Guess what? Due to my negotiating savvy, | 知道吗?因为我的谈判技巧高明 |
[24:27] | I was able to sell my patient roster to Dr. Jackson for a king’s ransom. | 所以用高价把我的病患名单 卖给杰克森医生 |
[24:31] | That’s awesome, Mom, but did Dr. Jackson give you any samples? | 太棒了 妈 可是杰克森医生有给你试用品吗? |
[24:37] | Here are your stupid samples. They’re not that great. | 你的白痴试用品在这里 其实没多好 |
[24:39] | Whoa, hyaluronic acid. Score. | 哇 玻尿酸 大丰收 |
[24:43] | So, how was your useless trash picking day? | 所以你的无聊捡垃圾活动怎么样? |
[24:46] | I love that I pay taxes to send you to school | 我缴税送你上学 结果你去 |
[24:48] | to do another thing I pay taxes for. | 做政府收税该做的事 |
[24:51] | Uh, it was fine. | 还可以啦 |
[24:52] | You better not be kissing any more boys. | 你最好别再亲别的男生 |
[24:54] | Why would you say “boys” plural? | 你为什么要用复数? |
[24:56] | Because they are all off limits. | 因为现在一个男生都不行 |
[25:01] | Making love to Donna awakened something in me. | 跟唐娜上床后 唤醒我内在的情欲 |
[25:06] | Ooh! The L Word. Are you watching the new one or the old one? | 《拉字至上》 你看新版还是原版? |
[25:08] | There is an old one? | 还有原版? |
[25:10] | How many hours is that? | 到底有几个小时? |
[25:11] | Guys, who cares? I have bigger news. | 管那么多干嘛?我的新闻才劲爆 |
[25:14] | Paxton kissed me in the park. | 派克斯顿在公园吻我 |
[25:15] | What? | 什么? |
[25:16] | What am I gonna do? | 我要怎么办? |
[25:18] | I don’t wanna break up with Ben. He really pushes me. | 我不想跟小班分手 他让我超有干劲 |
[25:21] | I filled up 15 bags of garbage today. | 我今天捡了15袋垃圾 |
[25:23] | So you’re gonna break up with Paxton? | 所以你要跟派克斯顿分手? |
[25:25] | Of course not. Paxton69! is the password to all of my accounts. | 当然不要 我每个帐号的密码 都是”派克斯顿69″ |
[25:29] | You definitely have to choose. I mean… | 你一定得做个选择啊 不然还有什么办法? |
[25:33] | …what’s the alternative? Date two guys until you move to India? | 在搬到印度前同时交两个男朋友? |
[25:36] | And that was it. That was all Devi needed to hear. | 就是这个 迪薇就是要听这句话 |
[25:39] | If they found out, they’d be so pissed. | 他们发现的话一定会气死 |
[25:43] | I mean, you’ll be in India, so you’ll kinda be off the hook but… | 不过你到时在印度 所以也没差 |
[25:46] | A way out of her predicament | 这办法解决了她的难题 |
[25:48] | that required no introspection or mature decision-making, | 既不必反省 也不必做出成熟的决定 |
[25:52] | two things Devi hated. | 迪薇最讨厌这两件事 |
[25:54] | So you’re saying I should just have two boyfriends? | 你们是说我应该交两个男朋友? |
[25:56] | -No. -Definitely not. | -不是 -绝对不是 |
[25:58] | But it was too late. Devi knew what she was going to do. | 可是太晚了 迪薇已经知道要怎么做 |
[26:02] | Oh my God. I have two boyfriends. | 天啊 我有两个男朋友了 |