时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | Devi, I think you know why we’re here. | 德维 我想你应该知道 我们坐在一起的原因 |
[00:16] | Because of that terrible rumor about Aneesa that you… | 因为那个关于安妮莎的恶劣谣言 你… |
[00:20] | Oh shit! Here it comes! Devi’s about to get it. | 糟了!要来了!德维要挨骂了 |
[00:23] | … no doubt have heard about. | … 肯定听说了 |
[00:26] | Now, Aneesa says you and her are friends, | 安妮莎说你俩是朋友 |
[00:29] | and she could use a little support right now. | 我觉得她现在需要支持 |
[00:31] | Wait, so I’m here because of how good of a friend I am? | 等一下 所以你叫我来 是因为我是她的好朋友? |
[00:35] | Yeah, that makes total sense. | 对 这完全说得通 |
[00:38] | Aneesa, we want you to stay here at Sherman Oaks High, | 安妮莎 我们想让你留在舍曼奥克斯高中 |
[00:40] | so, Devi, can you help her feel like the people have her back? | 所以 德维 你能让她觉得自己有后盾吗? |
[00:44] | Of course, I just wish we could find the jerkwad who started the rumor. | 当然能 我只希望 我们能找到那个造谣的轻率之人 |
[00:48] | It’s okay. I’ll just lay low and wait | 没关系 我就低调地等着 |
[00:51] | until somebody finds a pregnancy test in the toilet | 直到有人在卫生间发现一根验孕棒 |
[00:54] | and everybody forgets about me. | 然后大家就会忘记我的事 |
[00:56] | You know what? No! | 听着 绝对不行! |
[00:57] | – Devi’s right! – I am? | -德维说得对! -是吗? |
[00:59] | This might be the moment that I can be | 这有可能是我当校长以来 |
[01:01] | the principal I’ve dreamed I could be. | 一直梦寐以求的那一刻 |
[01:04] | I’m gonna call everybody that was at that relay | 我要见所有参加那场接力赛的人 |
[01:07] | until I get somebody talking. | 直到有人开口 |
[01:09] | Devi knew that all roads in the investigation | 德维知道调查中的各种线索 |
[01:12] | would lead back to her. | 必然会引回到她身上 |
[01:13] | So right now, she needed to throw down some metaphorical tire spikes. | 所以现在 她需要丢几颗烟雾弹 阻挠调查进程 |
[01:17] | You know what? A student should lead the investigation. | 知道吗? 我觉得应该找个学生领导这次调查 |
[01:20] | Teens don’t wanna narc to a boomer. | 青少年不会想向婴儿潮一代泄密 |
[01:23] | I take offense to that. I am firmly in Gen X. | 这话就让我不爽了 我可是标准的X世代 |
[01:27] | But I do see your point, | 但我确实明白你的意思 |
[01:29] | and I do have a very busy day, especially trying to figure out | 我今天的确很忙 尤其是要找出 |
[01:32] | why the water fountains smell like human excrement. | 饮水机闻起来像人类排泄物的原因 |
[01:35] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:37] | Job’s yours. | 这任务交给你了 |
[01:38] | Now all Devi had to do was sabotage the search, | 现在 德维只需破坏调查 |
[01:42] | and she’d be off the hook quicker than you can say “witness tampering.” | 就会脱离麻烦 快到人们来不及指责干扰证人 |
[01:49] | 本集名:背叛朋友 | |
[01:55] | Devi told herself that Aneesa didn’t need to know the truth. | 德维告诉自己 安妮莎不需要知道真相 |
[01:59] | It would only hurt her. | 那只会伤害她 |
[02:00] | And right now, she needed a friend, | 现在她需要的是一个朋友 |
[02:02] | which is what Devi planned to be | 德维也打算提供友情 |
[02:04] | once she pinned this rumor on someone else. | 就等她一劳永逸地 把谣言栽赃给别人之后 |
[02:06] | So, should we start the investigation? | 我们要开始调查了吗? |
[02:08] | Uh, one sec. I’m just texting with Ben. | 等一下 我在给本发信息 |
[02:10] | But also, let’s not forget this chick hooked up with Devi’s ex | 但我们也别忘了这个妞一逮到机会 |
[02:13] | the first chance she got. | 便跟德维的前任腻歪在了一起 |
[02:15] | Nope, Devi, you never told Aneesa that Ben was your ex. | 没有 德维 你从未告诉安妮莎 本是你的前任 |
[02:19] | So it’s not her fault. | 所以那不是她的错 |
[02:20] | Sisterhood, Traveling Pants, et cetera, et cetera. | 想想《牛仔裤的夏天》什么的 |
[02:23] | Okay, all done. | 好了 完事儿 |
[02:24] | He’s been really supportive through all this. | 在此期间 他一直在努力支持我 |
[02:27] | I’m sure he has. | 肯定了 |
[02:28] | The person who started the rumor must’ve known it was true. | 造谣的人肯定知道你真的有厌食症 |
[02:31] | So they had to be from your old school. | 所以肯定是你之前学校里的人 |
[02:32] | Who do we know transferred from there? | 你知道有谁是从那边转来的吗? |
[02:34] | – Just me. – Is there anyone else you can think of | -只有我-那你能想到谁 |
[02:37] | that has a connection there? Anyone at all? | 认识那边的人吗?有吗? |
[02:39] | Mm… Oh, I know a girl who has a cousin on the football team here. | 我知道有一个女孩的表哥 是这所学校的橄榄球队成员 |
[02:44] | Look at you coming up with fresh leads. To the boys’ locker room! | 你真是厉害 想出了新线索 我们去男更衣室! |
[02:48] | Okay. | 好 |
[02:53] | So, Darius, | 达瑞斯 |
[02:55] | did you start the rumor about Aneesa being anorexic? | 是你造谣 安妮莎是个厌食者吗? |
[02:58] | Who’s Aneesa? | 谁是安妮莎? |
[02:59] | Uh, I am. | 是我 |
[03:01] | You’re anorexic? Sorry to hear that. | 你是厌食者?很抱歉听到这个消息 |
[03:04] | Save your little performance, Darius. I know that you did it. | 收起你拙劣的演技吧 达瑞斯 我知道是你干的 |
[03:09] | No offense, but why would I start a rumor | 无意冒犯 但我为何要造谣 |
[03:11] | about some random-ass sophomore? | 一个普通的二年级学生呢? |
[03:13] | And for the record, I may be a football player, | 郑重声明 我或许打橄榄球 |
[03:16] | but I’m also a feminist, | 但我也是女权主义者 |
[03:17] | and I would never start a rumor that misogynistic. | 我永远都不会编出 如此厌恶女性的谣言 |
[03:20] | Okay, cool POV, Darius. | 好吧 三观正直 达瑞斯 |
[03:23] | Yo, let’s get out of here. | 我们走吧 |
[03:25] | So maybe he’s not our guy. | 所以他可能不是我们要找的人 |
[03:32] | What up, playas? Listen up. | 干吗呢 兄弟们?听好了 |
[03:35] | Your boy crushed the first draft of our paper, | 关于我们报告的首稿 你们的大哥初战告捷 |
[03:38] | and I’m sending it to all my co-authors tonight | 我今晚会把报告 发送给所有的共同撰稿人 |
[03:40] | to get your final approvesies, and once everybody signs off, | 你们进行最后的审核 一旦大家签字同意 |
[03:43] | this little baby is gonna be published | 这个小宝贝就要登上 |
[03:45] | in the Journal of Cellular Biology! | 《细胞生物学杂志》上了! |
[03:50] | You’re gonna be in the journal, and you’re gonna be in the journal! | 你会上杂志 你也会上杂志! |
[03:54] | – Yeah! – Kamala, can I chat with you for a second? | 真棒! 卡玛拉 我能和你聊一下吗? |
[04:00] | Look, I just want to say you’ve been a huge asset to the lab, | 我只想说 你一直是实验室的宝贵财富 |
[04:04] | and sorry if I was tough on you in the beginning. | 如果我一开始对你太过严厉 我在此向你道歉 |
[04:06] | It’s okay. I’ve seen American teen movies. I understand hazing. | 没关系 我看过美国青少年电影 明白恶搞新人是怎么回事 |
[04:10] | Anyway, I think you’ve earned a little face time with Dr. Peters. | 总之 我觉得你为自己争取到了 和皮特斯博士的见面机会 |
[04:15] | Only if you want. | 但前提是你愿意 |
[04:16] | Um, does a peroxisome obtain membrane constituents | 过氧化物是从内质网 |
[04:19] | from the endoplasmic reticulum? | 获取细胞膜成分吗? |
[04:20] | Hmm, let me think. You know, it does! Get it! | 让我想想 确实是这样!我明白了! |
[04:23] | Nice! How about breakfast tomorrow? | 真好!明天和他吃早餐怎么样? |
[04:25] | Most important meal of the day! Perfect. | 一天中最重要的一餐!完美 |
[04:27] | Perfect. All right. Now, who wants to pop some bottles ’cause… | 完美 好的 谁想开几瓶酒庆祝… |
[04:34] | – Let’s see. – Yo, Eve! | 到时候看 呦 伊芙! |
[04:36] | You should’ve came to queer ladies’ night at The Library. It was lit. | 你真该参加图书馆的女同之夜 很劲爆的 |
[04:39] | Wait, the school library has a queer ladies’ night? | 等一下 学校图书馆 居然举办女同之夜? |
[04:42] | No, no, babe. The Library is a bar in Silver Lake. | 不是 宝贝 图书馆是银湖的一家酒吧 |
[04:45] | You went to a bar? Like an alcohol bar for adults? | 你去酒吧了? 就是成年人去喝酒的那种酒吧? |
[04:49] | Yes. Fabiola, don’t look so shocked. | 对 法比奥拉 别一脸惊讶 |
[04:51] | But isn’t that like illegal? | 但那应该不合法吧? |
[04:53] | You know what else used to be illegal? Being a lesbian. | 你知道过去还有什么不合法吗 法比奥拉?女同志就不合法 |
[04:56] | And some laws are worth breaking to support the community, you know? | 为了支持这个群体 有些法律是值得违反的 知道吗? |
[05:00] | Yeah, we can’t all just spend every night hanging out with our robots. | 没错 我们不能每晚 都跟自己的机器人相处吧 |
[05:04] | Sasha, come on! That was mean! | 萨莎 拜托!你这样说很刻薄! |
[05:06] | I was joking. She knows I was joking. | 我在开玩笑 她知道的 |
[05:10] | Yeah, of course! | 对 当然了! |
[05:12] | It was so funny. It was good. | 这玩笑真好笑 很高级 |
[05:17] | gotta run, so I will see you later. | 但我得走了 回头见了 |
[05:19] | Later! | 再见! |
[05:22] | Trust me. Just think of the possible people. | 相信我 想想可能的嫌疑人… |
[05:24] | Hi, so what are you guys up to? | 嗨 你俩在干吗? |
[05:27] | Devi’s helping me track down the D-bag who started the rumor about me. | 德维在帮我追查那个造谣我的混蛋 |
[05:30] | Ooh! True crime? Count me in. | 真正的犯罪?算我一个 |
[05:32] | I think I’ve got it under control. I don’t | 一切都在我的掌控中 |
[05:35] | need anybody else’s help on the case. | 我不需要别人的帮助 |
[05:37] | – Who’ve you questioned already? – Just Darius Carter. | -你都盘问过谁了? -只有达瑞斯·卡特 |
[05:40] | Why would you interrogate him? He wasn’t even at the relay on Saturday. | 你为什么要审问他? 他周六都没去接力赛 |
[05:43] | That’s when he volunteers at Planned Parenthood. | 他那个时候在计划生育联盟做志愿者 |
[05:45] | Yeah, I’m learning a lot about Darius. | 对 我对达瑞斯有了不少了解 |
[05:47] | I’d start with who told Aneesa and work backwards. | 我会从把谣言告诉安妮莎的人开始 然后倒推 |
[05:50] | That’s what I said. | 我就是这么说的 |
[05:51] | All right, babe. I gotta dip. | 好吧 我要走了 |
[05:53] | I got that commercial audition for that traffic safety PSA. | 我得到了交通安全部门 公共服务公告的广告面试机会 |
[05:55] | You’re definitely gonna get it. | 你肯定能成功 |
[05:57] | No one could do the part | 没人能把 |
[05:59] | of “teen refusing to wear seat belt” better than you. | ”青少年拒绝系安全带” 那段演得比你好 |
[06:04] | Later, babe. | 回头见 宝贝 |
[06:07] | Well, well, well, you and Malcolm! | 不错啊 你和马尔科姆! |
[06:09] | Oh! Isn’t he dreamy? | 他是不是很梦幻? |
[06:12] | I can’t believe I get to date an out-of-work actor! | 不敢相信 我居然能和一个失业演员约会! |
[06:16] | What are you talking about? | 你们在聊什么? |
[06:19] | Trying to figure out who made up the rumor about Aneesa. | 我们想要找出是谁造谣了安妮莎 |
[06:21] | So you’re starting with the person who told Aneesa and working backwards? | 所以你要从告诉安妮莎谣言的人开始 然后倒推? |
[06:25] | Yup. So, Aneesa, who’s the first person that told you about the rumor? | 对 安妮莎 是谁第一个告诉你谣言的? |
[06:29] | Um, I don’t know his name, but he was drinking a large iced cappuccino | 我不知道他的名字 但他当时在喝一杯超大的冰卡布奇诺 |
[06:32] | and complimented my Cara Delevingne brows. | 还称赞了我的卡拉·迪瓦伊眉毛 |
[06:36] | Jonah! That’s where we’ll start! | 乔纳!我们就从乔纳入手! |
[06:38] | Oh. So you’ll be joining in on this too? | 所以你也要加入调查? |
[06:40] | Oh my gosh. I love this. This is my whole life now. | 我的天 我超爱调查 它现在是我的人生大事了 |
[06:44] | Great. | 好极了 |
[06:46] | Oh, hi, Dr. Jackson! Love the beard! | 嗨 杰克逊医生! 我很喜欢你的胡子! |
[06:49] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[06:51] | Dr. Jackson, what an unexpected displeasure. | 杰克逊医生 真是令人不悦的不期而遇 |
[06:54] | Oh, it’s like that, huh? | 是吗? |
[06:56] | I’m only here because your patients | 我之所以过来 是因为你的病人 |
[06:58] | keep parking in my office’s reserved spots. | 总把车停在我家诊所的预留车位上 |
[07:00] | First of all, how do you know those cars were for my office? | 首先 你怎么知道 那些车是我病人的? |
[07:03] | They could be from that weird hair-transplant clinic. | 他们可能是 那个奇怪的植发诊所的病人 |
[07:06] | No, it’s definitely our office. | 不会 绝对是我们诊所的病人 |
[07:08] | I tell people to park there because I’m embarrassed | 我告诉大家停在那边 |
[07:10] | our spots are next to the dumpster where the raccoon family lives. | 因为我嫌弃我们的车位紧挨着浣熊家族生活的垃圾桶 |
[07:15] | Sorry, Dr. Jackson. It won’t happen again. | 抱歉 杰克逊医生 不会再发生这样的事了 |
[07:17] | – Thank you. – Thank you. | -谢谢-谢谢 |
[07:20] | What’s with the getup? | 这身打扮是怎么回事? |
[07:22] | You look very nice. | 你看起来很漂亮 |
[07:24] | Uh, well, if you must know, I am going to Dr. Morales’s retirement party. | 如果你非想知道 我要去参加莫拉雷斯医生的退休派对 |
[07:29] | Uh, she’s the head of Derm at UCLA where she was my mentor. | 她是加利福尼亚大学的皮肤系主任 也曾是我的导师 |
[07:32] | You know what? | 你知道吗? |
[07:34] | She probably runs in more academic circles than you’re used to. | 她可能比你待过的学术圈还多 |
[07:37] | Right. Okay. | 好吧 知道了 |
[07:39] | Well, you just keep your cars parked in your own gross spots. | 你确保让那些车 停到自家诊所的恶心车位就好 |
[07:47] | It’s so exciting solving a mystery. | 破解谜团真是激动人心 |
[07:49] | I feel like the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, | 我觉得自己就像 《龙纹身的女孩》里的女主 |
[07:51] | but without the severe bangs. | 但是没有厚重的刘海 |
[07:53] | Ooh. Hey, look, there’s Jonah! | 嘿 看 乔纳在那里! |
[07:55] | Lil’ D. | 小德 |
[07:57] | I need your help. | 我需要你帮忙 |
[07:59] | My bio test is today, and I never looked over my flash cards | 我今天有生物考试 但我没看抽认卡 |
[08:01] | because I was blitzed at the relay. | 因为我在接力赛上喝得不省人事 |
[08:03] | – You didn’t look over them on Sunday? – Well, I was kind of hungover, | 你周日也没看? 我有点宿醉 |
[08:06] | and then a game was on, and Trent came over, | 然后有一场比赛 特伦特就过来了 |
[08:09] | and we got blitzed again. | 我们又醉了一回 |
[08:10] | Look, it doesn’t matter. You said you’d help me at the relay | 听着 这不重要 你在接力赛上说会帮我复习 |
[08:13] | and never showed up, so you gotta help me now. | 但你一直没出现 所以你现在得帮我 |
[08:15] | I’m kind of in the middle of something. Could I find you at lunch? | 我现在手头有点事 我能午餐时去找你吗? |
[08:18] | You better come ’cause I can’t learn this crap without you. | 你最好能来 因为没有你 我学不会这些狗屁玩意 |
[08:21] | Okay, yeah. | 好 知道了 |
[08:25] | So, Jonah, | 乔纳 |
[08:27] | Aneesa said you told her about the rumor. | 安妮莎说是你告诉了她那个谣言 |
[08:30] | Yeah, because I’m not fake, | 对 因为我不是伪君子 |
[08:33] | and people need to know what other people are saying about them. | 大家需要知道别人如何议论自己 |
[08:36] | There’s a rumor you were born with one hoof. | 之前有谣言说你生下来的时候 有一只蹄子 |
[08:38] | I started it, but you deserve to know. | 是我编的 但你有权利知道 |
[08:40] | See? Aren’t you glad I told you? | 看吧?你是不是很高兴我告诉你了? |
[08:42] | Yes, Jonah. Thank you for your honesty. | 没错 乔纳 感谢你的坦诚 |
[08:48] | All right. Let’s get back to Aneesa. | 好了 我们说回安妮莎 |
[08:50] | You remember who you heard the rumor from? | 你还记得是从谁那里听到的谣言吗? |
[08:52] | I keep a log for networking and blackmailing purposes | 出于交际和勒索目的 我一直在记日志 |
[08:55] | in case anyone ever tries to bring the drama to me. | 以防有人找我兴师问罪 |
[09:00] | It was Eddie Tan. | 是艾迪·谭 |
[09:01] | Fabiola and Eleanor were thrilled they had a hot lead. | 法比奥拉和埃莉诺很是兴奋 她们有了明确的线索 |
[09:05] | Devi not so much. | 但德维就不怎么兴奋了 |
[09:08] | They found Eddie outside of pre-calc, | 她们在预备微积分教室外找到了艾迪 |
[09:10] | and he told them he heard the rumor from supercouple Drewzanna, | 他告诉她们 他是从超级情侣 德鲁赞娜那里听说了谣言 |
[09:14] | whom they found making out in the bleachers. | 这俩人被她们发现在露天看台亲热 |
[09:17] | They said they overheard it from Sweaty Tara, | 他们说是从汗渍渍塔拉那里偷听到的 |
[09:19] | who was housing a Sloppy Joe in the cafeteria. | 后者正在食堂大嚼邋遢乔三明治 |
[09:23] | She directed them to Mean Denise in the weight room… | 她让她们去健身房的重量训练区 找刻薄迪尼斯 |
[09:26] | … who sent them to Asthmatic Dave at the nurse’s office… | 后者又让她们去医务室找气喘大卫 |
[09:30] | … who blamed Show Choir Dustin in the theater… | 大卫把责任推到了 正在剧场的合唱团达斯汀身上… |
[09:32] | ♪ Me, me, me ♪ | … 我 |
[09:33] | … who then sent our detectives | … 然后他让我们的侦探们 |
[09:35] | to the familiar face of Trent in Spanish class. | 去找在西班牙教室的一个熟人 也就是特伦特 |
[09:39] | I dunno who told me. | 我不知道谁跟我说的 |
[09:40] | I just remember I was sticking Marcus’s toothbrush | 我只记得我在搞恶作剧 把马库斯的牙刷 |
[09:43] | between my butt cheeks as a prank. | 插入我的屁股蛋中间 |
[09:45] | Anyway, while I had his toothbrush between my butt cheeks, | 总之 我把他的牙刷 夹在屁股蛋中间时 |
[09:48] | someone came over and was like, “Aneesa’s anorexic. Isn’t that hilare?” | 有人过来说: ”安妮莎是厌食者 很搞笑吧?” |
[09:53] | Oh no! Looks like we’re at the deadest of dead ends! | 糟糕!貌似我们走进了死胡同! |
[09:56] | I’ll tell Principal Grubbs that the investigation’s a bust. | 我去告诉格拉布斯校长调查失败了 |
[09:59] | Wait. No, they said “hilare.” | 等一下 不对 用词是”搞笑” |
[10:02] | I think we can tell Principal Grubbs | 我觉得我们可以告诉格拉布斯校长 |
[10:04] | that we have our culprits! | 我们找到罪犯了! |
[10:08] | Girls, I’m not gonna say | 姑娘们 我不会说 |
[10:09] | I think you’re better than this because well… | 我觉得你们不至于这样 因为… |
[10:12] | Obvious reasons for sure. | 那是自然 |
[10:14] | Starting a vicious rumor about a classmate is unconscionable. | 对同学恶意造谣的行为很过分 |
[10:18] | We’ve gotten away with so many worse rumors. | 之前我们编过很多更过分的谣言 但一直平安无事 |
[10:20] | But we didn’t start it, I don’t think. | 但这次的谣言不是我们造的 |
[10:22] | Does it sound like something we would say? Yes. | 那听起来像是我们会说的话吗? 没错 |
[10:25] | But did we say it? Maybe. | 但是我们说了吗?或许吧 |
[10:26] | Both of you have detention for a month. You’re off the dance committee. | 你俩放学后留堂一个月 而且也被舞会委员会除名了 |
[10:29] | What? No! | 什么?不行! |
[10:33] | Then you can say goodbye | 那你就别想 |
[10:35] | to my dad’s car dealership buying a full-page ad in the yearbook. | 让我爸的车行购买年刊的整版广告了 |
[10:38] | That check is cleared, and it’s nonrefundable. | 那张支票已经结清了 概不退还 |
[10:41] | Have a great day, ladies. | 再见了 女士们 |
[10:43] | For the first time, Devi was thankful | 德维有史以来第一次 |
[10:45] | that she was so forgettable to these girls. | 感恩那两个女孩完全不把她放在眼里 |
[10:48] | And it’s not like innocent people were taking the fall. | 而且这也不算两个无辜之人代人受过 |
[10:51] | Shira and Zoe had blabbed the rumor to half the school. | 希拉和佐伊把谣言传了半个学校 |
[10:55] | So the horrible pit in Devi’s stomach | 所以 德维的剧烈胃痉挛 |
[10:57] | was probably just the feeling of a job well done. | 可能只是因为栽赃成功引起的 |
[11:01] | Right? Right? | 是吗? |
[11:09] | Ah, hello, kanna, perfect timing. | 你好 宝贝 你回来得真是时候 |
[11:12] | I’ve just returned from shopping. | 我刚购物回来 |
[11:13] | Did you pick up any sodas? My friends are coming over tonight. | 你买汽水了吗?我的朋友们今晚要来 |
[11:17] | She didn’t go to the grocery store. She shopped locally. | 她没有去杂货店 只是在附近逛了逛 |
[11:21] | – She picked the neighbor’s fruit trees. – What? Pati, you can’t do that. | -她摘了邻居的水果树 -什么?奶奶 你不能那么做 |
[11:25] | Why? | 为什么? |
[11:26] | Do you think the two men who live next door need all these oranges? | 你觉得隔壁那两个男人 需要这些橙子吗? |
[11:29] | I saw one of them order a tray of nachos at 10:00 a.m. | 我见过他们一人在上午十点 叫了一盘墨西哥玉米片外卖 |
[11:32] | But it’s stealing. Americans are weird about their fruit trees, | 但你这是盗窃 美国人很在意他们的水果树 |
[11:35] | and defending their property in general. | 一般都会维护自己的私人财产 |
[11:37] | It’s true. Everyone here has a gun and a juicer. | 真的 这里的每个人都有一把枪 和一台榨汁机 |
[11:40] | No one will catch me. | 没人会抓到我 |
[11:41] | And if they do, I’ll pretend I have dementia and babble in Tamil. | 如果被他们抓到 我就装痴呆 用泰米尔语乱说一气 |
[11:45] | It doesn’t matter if you don’t get caught. It’s wrong. | 这跟你会不会被抓到无关 你这么做就是错的 |
[11:48] | Uh-oh, someone’s having an epiphany. | 某人顿悟了 |
[11:51] | Oh, Devi, you are your father’s daughter. | 德维 你真是跟你父亲如出一辙 |
[11:55] | Such a good head and such broad shoulders. | 你们都有一颗无比聪慧的脑瓜 和宽阔的胸襟 |
[12:07] | Hi, Setseg. Oh, sorry I haven’t responded | 嗨 赛特赛格 抱歉我还没回复你 |
[12:09] | to your Evite about laser tag yet. | 激光标签易外特网站的事 |
[12:11] | Uh, yes, please do. | 对 请一定要回复 |
[12:13] | That’s not even why I was calling. | 但那根本不是我打来的原因 |
[12:15] | Evan just sent the paper to all the co-authors. | 埃文刚把报告发给了 所有的共同撰稿人 |
[12:17] | Ooh! Great! | 太好了! |
[12:18] | I’ll check my email right now! | 我马上查看邮件! |
[12:21] | I haven’t gotten it yet. | 我还没收到 |
[12:22] | But my computer is full of viruses | 我的电脑里全是我奶奶 |
[12:24] | from my grandmother pirating Indian Idol. | 盗版《印度偶像》带来的病毒 |
[12:26] | No, Kamala. You didn’t get it because you’re not listed as a co-author. | 不是 卡玛拉 你没收到 是因为你没被列为共同撰稿人 |
[12:30] | What? How is that possible? | 什么?怎么可能呢? |
[12:34] | I made the discovery that the whole paper was based on. | 整篇报告都是基于我的发现之上 |
[12:37] | I know. Evan would kill me if he knew I was calling you. | 我知道 要是埃文知道是我告诉了你 一定会杀了我 |
[12:40] | But it has to be a mistake. I’ll get to the bottom of it. | 但这么做肯定不行 我会问得他底裤都不剩 |
[12:44] | Speaking of bottom, | 说到底裤 |
[12:45] | do you have your own laser pants or will you be renting? | 你自己有激光裤吗?还是你要租? |
[12:48] | I’ll need to rent them and any laser tag equipment. | 激光裤和所有的激光标签设备 我都得靠租了 |
[12:51] | Assume I’m bringing nothing. | 你就当我什么都不会带吧 |
[12:57] | Nalini! | 娜里妮! |
[12:59] | – I cannot believe you’re retiring. No. – Oh, I know. | 我不敢相信你要退休了 不要 |
[13:03] | I know, but it’s time. | 我知道 但是时候了 |
[13:05] | Oh, I am dying for you to meet my other favorite mentee, | 我特别想让你见见 我另一个最爱的门生 |
[13:09] | Dr. Chris Jackson. | 克里斯·杰克逊医生 |
[13:12] | Hello, Dr. Vishwakumar. | 你好 维什瓦库马尔医生 |
[13:14] | Hello, Dr. Jackson. | 你好 杰克逊医生 |
[13:17] | You two know each other? | 你们俩认识? |
[13:18] | Sure, we do. What a surprise to see you here. | 我们当然认识 在这里见到你可真意外 |
[13:22] | Yes. I bet you’re surprised to see me in such an academic circle. | 是 我猜你在这种学术圈见到我 肯定很惊讶 |
[13:29] | The one and only thing I agree | 我和我的傻爹还有无趣莎伦 |
[13:31] | with my boring dad and snooze-fest Sharon | 只会在一件事上意见一致 |
[13:33] | is that cheesy bread paired with Diet Coke | 就是起司香烤面包配健怡可乐 |
[13:35] | has its own taste personality. | 是非常独具风格的口味 |
[13:39] | Oh shit. I’m sorry. Am I talking about food too much? | 糟糕 对不起 我是不是说了太多关于吃的事? |
[13:44] | It’s fine. I guess, uh, we should talk | 没关系 我猜我们该聊聊 |
[13:46] | about what’s going on in my cuckoo brain. | 我的神经病大脑是怎么回事 |
[13:49] | You don’t have to tell us. | 你不必告诉我们 |
[13:50] | Nah. I do, but feel free to feel awkward. | 没事 我要说 但你们可以尽情尴尬 |
[13:56] | Okay, so last year I kinda fell in with the cool girls, | 好 去年我和一群酷女孩一起玩 |
[14:02] | and, uh, luckily for me, | 对我来说 幸运的是 |
[14:03] | I wasn’t just the only brown girl in the group. | 我在那个圈子里不只是一个棕色女孩 |
[14:07] | I was also the Muslim brown girl | 还是一个穆斯林棕色女孩 |
[14:09] | whose mom insisted she wear a full sweat suit to every pool party. | 我妈坚持让我去参加每场泳池派对时 都穿全身运动服 |
[14:16] | So literally the only thing those girls | 显然 那些女孩唯一能夸奖我的 |
[14:18] | ever complimented me on was being skinny. | 就是我很瘦 |
[14:22] | And then something inside my brain made me feel like | 然后我脑子里突然生出一个念头 它让我觉得 |
[14:25] | I couldn’t be skinny enough, | 我怎么都不够瘦 |
[14:28] | and I just couldn’t stop. | 我没办法让自己停下 |
[14:29] | So I had to go to a special hospital. | 所以不得已去了专科医院 |
[14:34] | But I want you guys to know | 但我想让你们知道的是 |
[14:35] | that I’m in a program, and I’m doing much better, | 我在治疗 我在变好 |
[14:38] | and I’m so glad I met you guys. | 我很开心能遇见你们 |
[14:43] | Especially you, Devi. | 尤其是你 德维 |
[14:46] | To have an Indian friend who gets me | 有一个理解我的印度朋友 |
[14:49] | and would never treat me like I don’t belong is probably the… | 而且她从来不会排斥我 这或许… |
[14:53] | It was me. | 是我 |
[14:55] | What was you? | 什么是你? |
[14:58] | I started the rumor. | 是我造的谣 |
[15:01] | What? | 什么? |
[15:02] | I started the rumor. | 我造的谣 |
[15:04] | I’m the one who told Shira and Zoe, but I didn’t even know it was true. | 是我告诉了希拉和佐伊 但我当时不知道那是真的 |
[15:07] | I was just mad that you hooked up with Ben, and I used to date him. | 我只是很生气你和本亲热 我以前和他在一起过 所以失去了理智 |
[15:10] | So I freaked out, and I’m really, really, really sorry, Aneesa. | 我真的很抱歉 安妮莎 |
[15:16] | I’m gonna go. | 我得走了 |
[15:25] | At least I came clean. | 至少我说出真相了 |
[15:27] | That should count for something, right? | 也算做了点什么 对吧? |
[15:30] | Eleanor, I think we should go too. | 埃莉诺 我觉得我们也该走了 |
[15:42] | Nalini, did you know that Chris | 娜里妮 你知道克里斯 |
[15:44] | uses all of the proceeds from his cosmetic line | 把所有化妆品系列的收益 |
[15:47] | to fund pro-bono surgeries at the Children’s Hospital? Mm-hmm. | 都捐给儿童医院做公益手术了吗? |
[15:51] | Isn’t that impressive? | 是不是令人钦佩? |
[15:53] | – Uh, yes, very impressive. – Mm-hmm. | 是的 非常令人钦佩 |
[15:56] | And he’s raising a son on his own. | 他还独自抚养着一个儿子 |
[15:57] | – Pretty remarkable. – Thank you. | -相当厉害了 -谢谢 |
[15:59] | – You’re a father? – Mm-hmm. | 你是个父亲? |
[16:02] | And, Chris, Nalini is no slouch either. | 还有 克里斯 娜里妮也非等闲之辈 |
[16:04] | She was the first person ever | 她是第一位 |
[16:07] | to win the Bevins Surgical Award as a resident. | 以住院医生的身份 荣获拜文斯手术奖的人 |
[16:10] | Wait, that was you? | 等一下 那人是你? |
[16:12] | I remember hearing about that and being super jealous. | 我记得自己听说那件事之后 超级嫉妒 |
[16:15] | Oh, I could brag about you both all night, | 我可以吹嘘你俩一整晚 |
[16:17] | but my husband has had too much to drink. | 但是我丈夫喝太多了 |
[16:20] | – Check. Hello. – A little too much champagne, | -我试试麦克风 你好 -香槟喝得有点多 |
[16:22] | and he’s trying to make a speech, | 他还想发言 |
[16:23] | so I better get over there. | 我最好还是赶紧过去 |
[16:28] | I didn’t know you were such a big shot. | 我都不知道你还是个大名人 |
[16:30] | I didn’t know you were such a good person. Go figure. | 我也不知道你还是个好人 想想吧 |
[16:33] | Well, I know we’re supposed to be enemies. | 我知道我们是敌人 |
[16:35] | Sort of. | 算是吧 |
[16:37] | But, can I get you a drink? | 但我能给你拿杯酒吗? |
[16:40] | Holy cow! | 不是吧! |
[16:42] | Nalini Vishwakumar? | 娜里妮·维什瓦库马尔? |
[16:44] | Oh my God. She was the most annoying person in my residency. | 我的天 她是我住院实习时最讨厌的人 |
[16:48] | – Hello, Gail. – Hi. | -你好 盖尔 -嗨 |
[16:50] | Hey, I heard about Mohan. Just so awful. | 嘿 我听说莫汉的事了 太糟了 |
[16:55] | So awful, just so awful! | 太糟了 真的好糟! |
[16:58] | How are you holding up? | 你还撑得住吗? |
[16:59] | – I’m holding up. Thank you. – Are you really? | -我撑得住 谢谢你 -真的? |
[17:02] | We go way back. Tell me. You don’t have to pretend. | 我们是老朋友了 直接跟我说吧 你不必假装 |
[17:05] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[17:06] | Okay. Well, if you need anything at all, | 好吧 如果你有任何需要 |
[17:08] | even if you wanna come over to my house and just cry, | 就算你想来我家哭一哭 |
[17:10] | I am here for you. Okay? | 我也等着你 好吗? |
[17:12] | Thank you, Gail. | 谢谢你 盖尔 |
[17:13] | Hey, Gail. | 嘿 盖尔 |
[17:14] | – Hey! – Chris Jackson. | -嘿! -克里斯·杰克逊 |
[17:15] | Chris! Of course! | 克里斯!我当然知道了! |
[17:18] | We met at that, um, | 我们几年前 |
[17:19] | that conference in Dubuque a couple years ago. Do you remember? | 在杜比克的研讨会见过你记得吗? |
[17:22] | Definitely. Hey, why don’t we get a drink? We can catch up. | 当然 嘿 我们去喝一杯吧 顺便聊聊 |
[17:26] | – Yeah. I’d love that. – Yeah. | -好 当然好 -好 |
[17:29] | Okay. I’m gonna check on you later. | 好了 我等下再来找你 |
[17:33] | Can’t wait. | 那我真是等不及了 |
[17:41] | Hi. How are we? | 嗨 你们心情如何? |
[17:43] | Are we still mad? | 还在生我的气吗? |
[17:45] | We’re not mad. We’re just disappointed. | 我们不生气 我们只是很失望 |
[17:47] | Yeah, you really Devi’d this one up. | 对 你真的德维式搞砸了这件事 |
[17:50] | Are we using Devi as a negative verb? | 我们现在都用”德维”当贬义词了? |
[17:52] | Yeah, you let your temper get the best of you, man. | 对 你被自己的情绪左右 朋友 |
[17:55] | This is worse than when you punched that vending machine. | 这比你砸那台自动售卖机还糟 |
[17:57] | I didn’t pay for those Sour Straws to get stuck on the coil. | 我花钱不是为了让酸味糖卡在盘管上 |
[18:03] | Okay, fine. Maybe I did Devi this one up, but I feel awful. | 行 好吧 可能我德维式地搞砸了这事 但我很内疚 |
[18:07] | I really like Aneesa. | 我真的很喜欢安妮莎 |
[18:08] | Then you better figure out a way to apologize to her, | 那你最好想个办法跟她道歉 |
[18:11] | like with a singing telegram or a thoughtful selection of bath bombs. | 比如用一个歌唱电报 或精心挑选的沐浴球 |
[18:15] | Or what if I just try to explain my side of the story? | 或者试图从我的角度 解释一下这件事? |
[18:18] | Respectfully, I have no faith you can pull that off. | 恕我直言 我不相信你能做到 |
[18:21] | I would go with the bath bombs. | 我还是觉得沐浴球比较好使 |
[18:23] | But Aneesa’s whole thing is that she’s chill and easygoing. | 但是安妮莎本来就很轻松随意 也是好相处的人 |
[18:27] | If I just talk to her, she’ll understand where I’m coming from. | 没准我和她谈谈 她就会理解我为什么会那样做 |
[18:31] | Trust me, by the end of the day, | 相信我 今天结束之前 |
[18:33] | to Devi something up will mean to make something better forever. | 德维式做某事会永远意味着 让那件事更好 |
[18:37] | I don’t know. | 我不确定 |
[18:38] | Fab, the dance committee has set up their table. You ready? | 法比 舞会委员会摆好桌子了 我们可以去了吗? |
[18:42] | – Yeah, let’s go. – Okay. | -好 走吧 -好 |
[18:48] | Hi, would you like to nominate someone for Cricket King and Queen? | 嗨 你们想提名谁 当蟋蟀国王和王后? |
[18:52] | If it’s Paxton and Zoe, they’ve already been nominated like 50 times. | 如果是帕克斯顿和佐伊的话 他们已经被提名50次了 |
[18:55] | Um, no, not Paxton and Zoe. | 不 不是帕克斯顿和佐伊 |
[18:57] | We would like to nominate ourselves as Cricket Queens. | 我俩想提名自己当蟋蟀女王 |
[19:01] | Oh. I can’t do that. | 不行 |
[19:03] | What? Why? | 什么?为什么? |
[19:05] | Because we’re two girls? | 因为我们是两个女孩? |
[19:07] | Does the idea of same-sex dance royalty make you uncomfy? | 同性皇室成员共舞这个概念 让你不爽了? |
[19:11] | Would you prefer to be complicit in queer erasure? | 你想跟其他人串通一气 摧毁同性恋? |
[19:13] | Stop yelling at me! I don’t have a problem with you being gay. | 别冲我喊了! 我对你俩是同性恋没意见 |
[19:17] | I can’t leave my post now to print out a different form | 我只是现在不能离岗 去打印不同的表格 |
[19:19] | because Principal Grubbs fired the rest of the dance committee. | 因为格拉布斯校长 开除了舞会委员会的其他成员 |
[19:22] | Oh, I can just scratch out king and put queen. | 我可以划掉国王 再写个女王 |
[19:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:27] | (选择你的蟋蟀国王及王后 女王姓名) | |
[19:32] | Thank you. Final voting will take place at the dance, | 谢谢你 最后投票将在舞会上举行 |
[19:35] | which, apparently, I have to put on all by myself now. | 显然 我现在只能靠自己组织了 |
[19:40] | Hey, you just reamed Carley. That was so dope. | 嘿 你刚怒斥了卡莉 很厉害嘛 |
[19:44] | – Y’all running for Cricket Queens? – Yeah, it was all Fabiola’s idea. | 你俩要角逐蟋蟀女王吗? 对 这都是法比奥拉的想法 |
[19:48] | That’s my girl right there. You a baddie, Fab. | 这才像话 你还挺酷的 法比 |
[19:52] | Now we just got to make sure y’all win. | 现在我们只需确保你俩会当选 |
[19:56] | Okay. | 好 |
[20:02] | Good morning, Dr. Jackson. | 早上好 杰克逊医生 |
[20:04] | Good morning, Dr. Vishwakumar. Where are you coming from? | 早上好 维什瓦库马尔医生 你从哪里过来的? |
[20:07] | Oh, you know, just my car, which is parked deep in the bowels of hell. | 你知道的 我的车里 就是那辆停到地狱深处的车 |
[20:11] | Why would you park down there when you have a spot right here? | 你都在这里有车位了 为什么还要停到那里? |
[20:17] | Wow. You’ve been awfully heroic recently. | 哇 你最近特别有英雄气概 |
[20:22] | Uh, how was your, uh… your conversation with Gail? | 你和盖尔聊得如何? |
[20:25] | I can only describe it as long and painful. | 我只能把它形容为又长又痛苦 |
[20:29] | You know you didn’t have to do that, right? | 你知道你不必那么做的 对吧? |
[20:32] | Well, I haven’t gone through anything close to what you’ve experienced, | 我的经历跟你的比起来 虽然不及九牛一毛 |
[20:36] | but when my wife moved out, everyone wanted to talk to me about it. | 但我妻子搬走的时候 每个人都想和我聊那件事 |
[20:41] | And no one seemed to care that I didn’t have anything to say. | 貌似没人在意我根本没什么可说的 |
[20:45] | So last night, I was happy to take one for the team. | 所以昨晚 我很开心当了一次英雄 |
[20:50] | After you. | 你先请 |
[20:55] | Oh, you know, | 你知道 |
[20:57] | I actually have a personal matter to take care of, but thank you. | 我其实有一件私事要处理 但还是谢谢你 |
[21:00] | Uh, thank you for that and… and the spot. | 谢谢你帮我 还有车位的事 |
[21:04] | Of course. | 不客气 |
[21:05] | Sherman Oaks’ second best dermatologist | 舍曼奥克斯第二好的皮肤医师 |
[21:07] | deserves the second best parking space. | 值得第二好的车位 |
[21:10] | You were a decent human being for seven seconds, and I’ll take that. | 你当了七秒的翩翩君子 但我已经够满意了 |
[21:16] | So, Kamala, we have the pleasure of the next 60 minutes together. | 卡玛拉 我们有幸将共同度过 接下来的60分钟 |
[21:21] | How should we start? | 我们从哪聊起呢? |
[21:22] | Shall I tell you the story of how I became me? | 我跟你讲我是如何 走到今天这一步的故事? |
[21:26] | It all began on a goat farm | 一切都始于亨伯河畔巴顿 |
[21:27] | in the civil parish of Barton-upon-Humber… | 民间教区的一个山羊牧场… |
[21:30] | Actually, I didn’t mean to interrupt you, | 其实 我不是有意打断你 |
[21:33] | but I was hoping I could discuss something with you first. | 但是我希望能先和你 聊聊另外一件事 |
[21:36] | Well, of course, it’s your time. | 当然 你说了算 |
[21:39] | Evan sent out the first draft of the paper last night, | 埃文昨晚发出了报告的首稿 |
[21:41] | and my name was left off of it. | 但没有写我的名字 |
[21:43] | Oh, and you feel that you should have been credited? | 你觉得自己应该署名? |
[21:47] | Yes. I don’t know if Evan told you, but I was the one who realized | 对 不知埃文是否告诉过你 但我最先意识到 |
[21:50] | which cells had the greatest tendency for clonal self-renewal. | 哪些细胞在克隆性自我复制方面 有着最佳势头 |
[21:53] | Well, that was a fine observation, | 那是个不错的发现 |
[21:56] | but I don’t get involved in the politics of the lab. | 但我不想掺和实验室政治 |
[22:00] | If Evan left your name off, I’m sure he had a reason. | 如果埃文没写你的名字 他肯定有自己的原因 |
[22:03] | But I do think that I deserve to be on it. | 但我真心觉得报告上应该有我的名字 |
[22:07] | Kamala, do you really want to spend | 卡玛拉 你真的想在 |
[22:10] | our mentorship hour together | 我们共度师徒时光时 |
[22:11] | complaining about another co-worker? | 抱怨另一个同事吗? |
[22:17] | So let’s get back to how a boy raised among goats won a Nobel. | 我继续跟你说一个在山羊中 被养大的男孩是如何拿到诺贝尔奖的 |
[22:23] | Devi knew she could set everything right again | 德维知道 只要她能跟安妮莎聊聊 |
[22:26] | if she could just talk to Aneesa, | 就可以再次摆平一切 |
[22:28] | but when she got to chemistry, | 但她走进化学教室时 |
[22:29] | she found Aneesa’s spot in the lab filled by a very chatty Jonah. | 发现八卦乔纳坐在 安妮莎的实验室位置上 |
[22:35] | The last time Aneesa was missing from this class, | 上一次安妮莎没上这节课的时候 |
[22:38] | she ended up being in the… | 她是在… |
[22:40] | Devi Vishwakumar, | 德维·维什瓦库马尔 |
[22:41] | please report to the principal’s office. | 请来校长办公室报道 |
[22:43] | Kinda walked right into that one. | 她这次算是自找的 |
[22:46] | Awkward! | 好尴尬哦! |
[23:04] | Devi, Aneesa just told me that you’re the one who started the rumor. | 德维 安妮莎刚刚告诉我 你就是那个造谣的人 |
[23:08] | Yes, and I am so, so sorry. | 对 我很抱歉 |
[23:11] | I’m sorry, too, Devi. | 我也很抱歉 德维 |
[23:12] | – You’re suspended. – What? | 你被停课了 |
[23:15] | I said you’re suspended. | -什么? -我说你被停课了 |
[23:17] | But Zoe and Shira just got kicked off the dance committee, | 但是佐伊和希拉 只是被踢出了舞会委员会 |
[23:20] | and they told way more people. | 她们告诉了更多的人 |
[23:22] | Give me a couple extra detentions, and we’ll call it even. | 多罚我几天放学后留堂 这件事就算扯平了吧 |
[23:25] | This is not a negotiation. | 这可不是谈判 |
[23:27] | You started a rumor, then you lied to your principal, | 你造了谣 欺骗了自己的校长 |
[23:30] | and then you let two students take the fall for it. | 然后还让两个学生背锅 |
[23:33] | But a suspension goes on my permanent record! | 但是停课会被记入我的永久记录! |
[23:35] | That could ruin my chance to go to Princeton! | 这可能会毁掉 我去普林斯顿大学的机会! |
[23:38] | Mom, do something! | 妈妈 你做点什么呀! |
[23:43] | I’m sorry, Devi. | 抱歉 德维 |
[23:46] | These are the consequences for your actions. | 你这是咎由自取 |
[23:57] | Meet me in the car. Just grab your stuff. | 我们车里见 你去拿东西 |
[24:00] | Hey, Aneesa. Could I talk to you for a second? | 嘿 安妮莎 我能跟你聊聊吗? |
[24:06] | I am so sorry about what happened. | 之前的事 我真的很抱歉 |
[24:09] | But Principal Grubbs just suspended me. Maybe if you talk to her… | 但格拉布斯校长刚罚我停课了 也许你能和她谈谈… |
[24:12] | Wow. That’s what you care about? | 哇 你就只在乎这个? |
[24:15] | I thought the girls at my last school were selfish. | 我以为上一所学校的女孩就很自私了 |
[24:17] | You’re on another level. | 你比她们还恶劣 |
[24:19] | I’m not trying to be selfish. | 我这不是自私 |
[24:20] | I feel terrible about what happened, but you don’t understand. | 我很愧疚发生的事 但你不明白 |
[24:24] | I’ve wanted to go to Princeton forever. Like, it’s my whole thing. | 我一直都想去普林斯顿大学 那是我的人生重点 |
[24:27] | Now my whole thing is being the new girl with an eating disorder. | 现在我的人生重点就是 当个有进食困难的新生女孩 |
[24:30] | Just so you know, I never hooked up with Ben. | 而且跟你说一下 我从未和本亲热过 |
[24:32] | It’s insanely obvious you two have some kind of history. | 你俩之间有过往 这是再明显不过的事 |
[24:34] | But I saw you guys go into Trent’s tent. | 但我看见你俩进了特伦特的帐篷 |
[24:37] | Dude! To hide from you because you were making us run! | 哥们!那是为了躲你 因为你一直在逼我俩跑步! |
[24:41] | Everyone was right. | 大家说得对 |
[24:42] | You are crazy, Devi. | 你就是疯子 德维 |
[24:45] | Thanks a lot. Just failed my bio test. | 多谢了 我刚挂了生物考试 |
[24:49] | Are you mad at me? That’s not my fault. | 你在生我的气?那不是我的错 |
[24:52] | If you’d studied with me like you said… | 如果你像承诺的那样帮我学习… |
[24:54] | Paxton, if you want good grades, then be a good student. | 帕克斯顿 如果你想要好成绩 那就当个好学生 |
[24:57] | I can’t hold your hand forever! | 我不能帮你一辈子! |
[24:59] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve just been suspended! | 没事的话我先走了 我刚被停课! |
[25:01] | Wow, two fights back-to-back. | 哇 接连吵了两架 |
[25:04] | Man, she’d royally Devi’d this day up. Original meaning. | 天呐 她真是德维式搞砸了这一天 就是一开始的意思 |