时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | [McEnroe] After seeing her mom giggling like a thirsty teenager | 这个青少年看到妈妈就像饥渴少女 |
[00:15] | in Dr. Jackson’s fancy-ass car, | 在杰克森医生的名车上 |
[00:17] | this teenager was thirsty for answers. | 笑得花枝乱颤后,内心渴望答案 |
[00:19] | Was that what her mom looked like flirting, | 我妈打情骂俏就是这个样子? |
[00:22] | or was it a harmless work meeting that was taking place | 还是他们真的在整条街上 最有名的幽会地点 |
[00:25] | in her street’s most notorious hook-up spot? | 开正经八百的工作会议? |
[00:27] | [door opens] | |
[00:30] | Whoa, Devi! Why do you look like that? | 哇,迪薇!妳怎么这个表情? |
[00:33] | I’m guessing you either want something or did something. | 妳不是想要东西,就是干了坏事 |
[00:36] | No. I’m just excited to see you. How was your day? | 没有,我只是看到妳很高兴 妳今天怎么样? |
[00:39] | Did anything interesting happen at work, with anyone interesting? | 工作上有什么趣事? 跟什么有趣的人在一起? |
[00:42] | You want to know about my work day? | 妳想知道我上班的情形? |
[00:46] | You’ve never once asked me about that. | 妳从来没问过这种问题 |
[00:48] | That can’t be true. | 怎么可能? |
[00:49] | I’m a total derm nerd, a skinhead! Wait, nope, not that. | 我超爱皮肤科的,连包皮都爱! 等等,不对,说错了 |
[00:53] | I am just trying to be a little less self-centered. | 我只是不想要每次都只想到自己 |
[00:56] | So, did anything exciting happen at work? | 所以上班时或下班后有什么好玩的? |
[00:58] | Or after? | |
[01:00] | You know what? Something very unexpected actually did happen at work. | 其实我上班期间的确有令人意外的事 |
[01:06] | Prashant’s parents called me. | 裴桑的父母打电话给我 |
[01:08] | They’re making an impromptu visit to Sherman Oaks. | 他们突然要来雪曼橡树区 |
[01:11] | Wait, what? | 等等,什么? |
[01:12] | Aiyyo! Adda katavule! Do you know what this means? | 唉呦!天啊! 妳们知道这是什么意思吗? |
[01:16] | He’s going to propose. | 他要求婚了 |
[01:18] | No, it’s too early for that. | 不可能,太早了 |
[01:20] | [Devi] Yeah, super interesting stuff. | 对,超有意思的事 |
[01:22] | Mom, you were telling me about your work day? | 妈,妳不是说要讲工作上的事? |
[01:25] | Spill it, girl. | 说吧,小姐 |
[01:27] | You know what? That does remind me. | 对喔,这倒让我想起来 |
[01:29] | I have a couple of work dinners this week. So you guys, you’re on your own. | 我这周还有几次同事聚餐 所以妳们自己看著办 |
[01:32] | Or maybe we could all go with you. | 我们也可以全都跟著妳去 |
[01:37] | Kanna, I really appreciate this newfound interest | 孩子,我真的很感激妳突然 |
[01:40] | in my professional life. | 想了解我的工作 |
[01:41] | It’s just too much. | 但是太过头了 |
[01:42] | Maybe split the difference with how you were before. | 跟妳以前的态度平均一下就好 剧名:……跟踪自己的妈妈 |
[01:45] | [“Scream” by Blackpaw playing] | |
[01:50] | ♪ I’m a holy fool for you ♪ | |
[01:57] | Hey, Fab. Quick question. | 小法,简单问一下 |
[02:00] | What would you do if you saw your mom in a car with another man, | 如果妳看到妳妈跟男人在车上很甜蜜 |
[02:02] | but it seemed romantic? | 妳会怎么办? |
[02:03] | What? She’s cheating on my dad? | 什么?她背著我爸偷人? |
[02:05] | -Oh no, no. Your dad’s dead. -What? | 不是啦,妳爸死了 什么? |
[02:08] | I’m sorry. This is about me. I should’ve led with that. | 对不起,其实是我,我早该说清楚的 |
[02:11] | I think my mom might be dating someone, but it’s way too soon, right? | 我妈可能在交男朋友 可是这也太快了吧? |
[02:15] | She should still be mourning my dad. | 她应该还在守丧才对 |
[02:17] | Maybe she’s just expressing her grief through sex. | 也许她要透过性爱表达悲伤 |
[02:20] | Fab! That was very unhelpful and gross! | 小法!妳根本就帮倒忙,而且超恶! |
[02:25] | [Fabiola] Hey, El. | 嗨,小艾 |
[02:27] | Wow. She’s still pissed. I keep texting her, and she won’t respond. | 哇,她还在气耶 我一直传讯给她,她都不回 |
[02:31] | Why are you even trying? She owes us an apology. | 妳还努力干嘛?她应该跟我们道歉 |
[02:36] | I just miss her, and honestly, I hate being in a fight. | 我只是很想她,而且我真的讨厌吵架 |
[02:39] | How do you deal with people being mad at you all the time? | 妳怎么对付老是生妳气的那些人? |
[02:43] | They’re not mad at me all the time. Right? | 他们没有老是生我的气吧? |
[02:48] | -[school bell rings] -Scholars, bad news. | 各位年轻学子,坏消息 |
[02:51] | My ongoing fight with the school board | 我一直跟学校董事会抗争,结果惨败 |
[02:53] | has suffered a crushing blow. | |
[02:55] | I will have to administer a final exam | 所以必须给你们期末考 |
[02:57] | not a final interpretive dance. | 而不是让你们跳期末形意舞 |
[02:59] | But I already Amazoned a unitard! | 可是我上网订了紧身衣耶! |
[03:02] | However, they cannot stop me | 不过他们没办法禁止我 |
[03:04] | from offering a more creative bit of extra credit. | 提供更有创意的加分题 |
[03:08] | The assignment, do an oral presentation at the end of the week | 这项作业是在周末前口头报告 |
[03:13] | about one event in the great American saga | 讲述美国英雄史上的哪个重要事件 |
[03:16] | that has personally affected you and your family. | 深深影响你和你的家人 |
[03:22] | The class is called Facing History. | 这堂课叫做面对历史 |
[03:27] | Who’s brave enough to face their own history? | 谁有勇气面对自己的历史呢? |
[03:31] | Anyone else? | 还有谁? |
[03:36] | Paxton, do you need to use the restroom? | 派克斯顿,你要上厕所吗? |
[03:38] | No, I’d also like to do the extra-credit project. | 不是,我也想做这个加分题 |
[03:41] | -What? -[students gasp] | 什么? |
[03:43] | I mean that’s wonderful and not surprising at all. | 我是说太好了,我一点也不惊讶 |
[03:48] | Okay. | 好 |
[03:54] | You’re making a difference, Lyle. | 莱尔,你真的改造学生了 |
[03:58] | [McEnroe] Devi desperately wanted to bust her mom | 迪薇一心只想逮到她妈妈 |
[04:00] | for having a secret romance with Dr. Jackson, | 跟杰克森医生幽会 |
[04:03] | but given her recent track record | 但是因为她最近 |
[04:05] | with both Aneesa and Eleanor, | 跟阿妮莎和艾莉诺闹得不愉快 |
[04:07] | she knew she needed proof before losing her shit. | 所以她知道必须先有证据才能造反 |
[04:11] | Bingo. | 找到了 |
[04:15] | [clicks] | (跟克里斯共进晚餐,地址…) |
[04:19] | -What are you doing here? -Uh, stealing money. | -妳进这里干嘛? -偷钱 |
[04:22] | Huh? For what? | 啊?为什么? |
[04:24] | I just don’t have any because I’m a kid. | 我没钱,因为我只是小孩 |
[04:27] | Just get out of here. | 出去吧 (雪曼橡树高中) |
[04:30] | Thanks for running lines with me. | 谢谢你陪我对台词 |
[04:32] | I bet Tom and Rita do this. It’s so much fun. | 汤姆汉克和老婆一定也这样,超好玩 |
[04:36] | Hey, what’s up, guys? | 嗨,你们好 |
[04:39] | Come on, this is crazy! | 拜托,妳也太扯了! |
[04:42] | We haven’t talked in almost a week, and we’re best friends. | 我们一周没讲话了,我们是好朋友耶 |
[04:45] | Well, best friends don’t try to sabotage each other’s relationships. | 好朋友不会想破坏对方的恋情 |
[04:49] | I’m really sorry that I accused Malcolm of cheating on you, | 对不起,我不该说麦坎背著妳偷吃 |
[04:53] | but it was a misunderstanding. | 但这只是误会 |
[04:55] | You really hurt him. | 妳真的伤了他的心 |
[04:56] | He was so stressed, he developed a little rash. | 他压力大到起了一点疹子 |
[04:59] | I had to take off all of my cool bracelets I got from Robert Downey Jr.’s Etsy store. | 害我拿掉跟小劳勃道尼网路商店 买的那些超炫手镯 |
[05:03] | I really am sorry, but I thought I was just looking out for Eleanor. | 我真的很对不起 但我只是想保护艾莉诺 |
[05:08] | Wow, and you think the best way to look out for Eleanor | 妳觉得保护艾莉诺最好的方法 |
[05:11] | is to cast doubt on the person that she loves? | 是让她怀疑自己的爱人? |
[05:14] | That makes me think that you’re a damaged person. | 我觉得妳的脑袋才坏掉 |
[05:16] | Whoa, she’s not a damaged person, Malcolm. That’s a little extreme. | 喂,她的脑袋没坏,麦坎 你这样讲太过份了 |
[05:20] | You’re defending her when she emotionally battered me? | 她让我心理创伤,妳还帮她讲话? |
[05:24] | I am the victim here, Eleanor. | 我才是受害者,艾莉诺 |
[05:25] | Okay. Jeez! | 好啦,天啊! |
[05:27] | No, no, no, no. Not “okay, jeez.” | 不好啦…天啊 |
[05:31] | I guess you don’t care about my safety in this relationship. | 我对这段感情很没安全感 妳根本就不在乎 |
[05:38] | [Fabiola] Eleanor! | 艾莉诺! |
[05:41] | [Ben] At the turn of the 20th century, | 20世纪初 |
[05:43] | a vibrant immigrant community was springing up | 曼哈顿东南角的移民社区 |
[05:45] | in Manhattan’s Lower East Side. | 有如雨后春笋出现 |
[05:47] | My great-great-grandmother was a garment worker there. | 我的曾曾祖母在那边的成衣厂工作 |
[05:49] | So please allow me to tell you the tale of Rivington Street’s own Ruthie Gross. | 所以请听我娓娓道来 李文斯顿街上的露西葛罗斯生平 |
[05:56] | You good, bro? | 你还好吧? |
[05:58] | What? | 什么? |
[05:59] | Why are you looking at me? | 你干嘛看著我? |
[06:00] | I’m not. I’m just… looking for my phone. | 没有,我在找我的手机 |
[06:06] | Oh. [sniffling] | |
[06:09] | There it is. | 在这里 |
[06:17] | [sighs] | |
[06:18] | [phone chimes] | |
[06:22] | [sighs] | |
[06:24] | [Dr. Jackson reading] | 我今晚下厨 妳觉得男人穿围裙怎么样? |
[06:28] | [gentle music playing] | |
[06:44] | [exhales] | |
[07:02] | -[Nalini] Goodbye, girls. -[door opens, closes] | 大家再见 |
[07:04] | Hey, cuz! | 嗨,表姊! |
[07:06] | So, I was thinking, you and me should hang out. | 我在想,我们两个应该出去玩 |
[07:10] | You’re basically the closest thing I have to a sister. | 妳基本上就跟我的姊姊差不多 |
[07:12] | [inhales] I have three sisters, so I think of you as a cousin, | 我有三姊妹,所以我把妳当表妹 |
[07:15] | but you’re my favorite cousin. | 但我最爱妳这个表妹 |
[07:18] | Okay. So what’s going on with you? | 好,所以妳怎么了? 其实裴桑的事真的让我很紧张 |
[07:21] | [sighs] Honestly, this Prashant thing is really stressing me out. | |
[07:25] | You think he’s gonna propose? | 妳觉得他会求婚? |
[07:26] | I feel like some stuff he said to me about my work recently | 我觉得他最近给我的工作建议 |
[07:29] | made me wonder if he’s right for me. I don’t– | 让我怀疑他适不适合我,我不… |
[07:32] | Hey, Kamala. You seem tense. | 嗨,卡梅拉,妳太紧张了 |
[07:34] | Let me take you out for some froyo, and we could keep this convo going. | 我带妳去吃点冷冻优格,顺便聊这个 |
[07:38] | Oh, and grab your keys. I need you to drive. | 钥匙拿著,我要妳开车 |
[07:42] | That sounds nice. | 好像挺不错的 |
[07:43] | [Paxton] Okay, think. Ugh. | 好,思考 (要送出去的书) |
[07:47] | [sighs] | |
[07:51] | [exhales] | |
[08:03] | Ojichan. [sighs] | 爷爷 |
[08:10] | [inspirational music playing] | |
[08:23] | [reading] | “曼赞纳拘留营,1944年” (《吉田进的日记》) (1943年7月7日) |
[08:38] | [scoffs] No way. | 不会吧? |
[08:43] | This doesn’t look like a froyo place. Is it a pop-up? | 这里不像冷冻优格店,是快闪店吗? |
[08:46] | The zoning laws in California are too loose. | 加州的土地分区法也太松了吧? |
[08:48] | Kamala, don’t be mad, | 卡梅拉,别生气 |
[08:51] | but you have been duped for the purpose of hijinks. | 可是我为了来闹场所以骗了妳 |
[08:53] | [gasps] Devi! Where are we? Wait, is that your mother’s car? | 迪薇!我们在哪里? 等一下,那是妳妈的车吗? |
[08:58] | It is, and this house belongs to Dr. Jackson, | 对,这是杰克森医生的房子 |
[09:00] | who I suspect her of dating. But I need proof. | 我怀疑他们俩约会,但是我需要证据 |
[09:03] | [scoffs] | |
[09:04] | …but Dr. Everett, you know. And see, in my family, holidays are crazy. | …可是艾佛列医生 而且我家每次放假就很疯 |
[09:09] | That wine has a cork. It’s not a twist-off. | 那瓶红酒用软木塞,不是转开的 |
[09:12] | This is definitely a date. | 他们绝对在约会 |
[09:13] | My brother, I told you, called me a fool on Thanksgiving. | 我哥哥说我喜欢感恩节喜欢到疯了 |
[09:16] | So guess what I did? I got his kid a drum kit for Christmas. | 结果妳知道我怎么做吗? 我圣诞节送他小孩一整组鼓 |
[09:20] | -Can you imagine that kid banging– -[laughing] You’re a monster. | -妳能想像那孩子打… -你好坏 那是你儿子的照片? |
[09:23] | -[chuckles] -Hmm. Wait, is that a picture of your son? | |
[09:28] | Yeah, that’s him. | 对,是他 |
[09:29] | Wow, he’s really handsome. | 哇,他好帅喔 |
[09:31] | -Mmm, and he knows it too. -[Nalini laughs] | 而且他自己也知道 |
[09:35] | She’s basically stripping! | 她快把衣服脱光了! |
[09:37] | Devi, don’t jump to conclusions. | 迪薇,不要乱下结论 |
[09:39] | [scoffs] Let’s see if she answers a text from her only child. | 看看她会不会回自己独生女的简讯 |
[09:45] | “How’s the work dinner? Getting a lot done?” | “公司聚餐怎么样?完成很多事吗?” |
[09:49] | -[phone chimes] -[Nalini] Just… | 我要… (迪薇:公司聚餐怎…) |
[09:55] | My mom just left me on read! | 我妈竟然已读不回! |
[09:58] | Ugh! | |
[10:02] | [gasps] | |
[10:03] | [thudding] | |
[10:04] | Did you hear that? | 你有听到吗? |
[10:06] | Hear what? | 听到什么? |
[10:08] | No, no. No, it wasn’t… it wasn’t anything. | 没有…没什么 |
[10:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:12] | Um, dinner was… was delicious, and… and so appreciate you cooking for me. | 晚餐很好吃,谢谢你做菜给我 |
[10:16] | I told you I was a good cook, | 我说过我厨艺很高明 |
[10:18] | and I have something special in mind for dessert… | 我还想做点特殊的甜点… |
[10:22] | No, it’s not like that. | 没有,不是那个意思 |
[10:25] | -Well, it might be like that. -[laughs] | 其实,可能是那个意思 |
[10:27] | But first I actually do have peach cobbler in the oven. | 不过烤箱里真的有水蜜桃馅饼 糟了!我的语音留言! |
[10:30] | [laughing] Oh. | |
[10:32] | You… You… [chuckles] | |
[10:34] | [upbeat music playing] | |
[10:41] | [screams] | |
[10:43] | [grunting] | |
[10:45] | Oh. Oh no, no! My voicemails! | |
[10:49] | [Nalini] Devi, what are you doing? | 迪薇,妳在干嘛? |
[10:51] | I’m so sorry, Dr. Jackson. This trespasser happens to be my daughter. | 杰克森医生,真的很对不起 闯进你家的是我女儿 |
[10:55] | What am I doing? What are you doing? | 我在干嘛?妳又在干嘛? |
[10:58] | We throw Dad’s ashes in the ocean, and then boom, | 我们才刚把爸的骨灰洒进大海,咻 |
[11:01] | you turn around and date another man! | 妳马上就跟别人约会! |
[11:03] | And now because of you, I lost the only memory of my dad’s voice! | 现在又害我失去 爸爸唯一留下的声音! |
[11:06] | Devi, calm down! I am not dating this man! | 迪薇,妳冷静点!我没跟他约会! 今天的晚餐纯属公事! |
[11:10] | This dinner was strictly professional! | |
[11:13] | A-Absolutely. Your mom and I are colleagues. That’s it. | 没错,妳妈和我是同事,没别的 |
[11:18] | Can I please get you a towel? | 可以让我给妳一条毛巾吗? |
[11:21] | [McEnroe] Seeing the pity in Dr. Jackson’s eyes, | 看到杰克森医生眼神流露的同情 迪薇的愤怒马上变成羞愧 |
[11:24] | Devi felt her rage turn to shame. | |
[11:26] | What was she doing in this man’s hot tub? Had she totally lost it? | 她在这个人的泡澡缸干嘛? 她彻底疯了吗? |
[11:31] | You know what? There’s no need for that, Dr. Jackson. | 杰克森医生,其实不必了 |
[11:34] | She can stay wet while she thinks about what she has done in the car. | 她就这样湿湿的上车 好好反省自己犯的错 |
[11:37] | Why don’t you meet me out front? | 妳在正门等我 |
[11:41] | Okay, Kamala. You’re gonna count to 100, and then you will get down. | 好,卡梅拉,数到100就下去 |
[11:45] | Devi, what am I gonna do with you? | 迪薇,我到底要拿妳怎么办? |
[11:48] | I’m sorry, Mom. | 妈,对不起 |
[11:50] | I thought you started dating again, and I got upset! | 我以为妳又开始交男友就生气了! |
[11:54] | I should’ve known that you wouldn’t do that to Dad, | 我早该知道妳不会背叛爸爸 |
[11:58] | or wear an all-beige outfit on a date. | 或者全身穿米黄色衣服去约会 |
[12:01] | Well, you know what? You have to simply think before you act. | 妳给我听好,做事前一定要用脑 |
[12:04] | I mean, breaking into Dr. Jackson’s property, | 妳不但擅闯杰克森医生的家 |
[12:07] | splashing around in his hot tub. It’s just… It’s just crazy! | 还跑进他的泡澡缸,弄得到处都是 根本就是疯了! |
[12:12] | [McEnroe] It was bad enough that Devi’s phone was broken | 按摩浴缸的水泡坏迪薇的手机 |
[12:15] | and her dad’s voicemail had been lost to Jacuzzi water, | 还让爸爸的语音留言消失已经够惨了 |
[12:18] | but to hear her own mother call her crazy? | 可是连亲妈妈都说她疯了? |
[12:20] | That cut deep. | 这一刀砍得好深 |
[12:22] | [Trent] Damn, Crazy Devi! | 可恶,疯女迪薇! |
[12:23] | Wow, you are crazy! | 哇,妳真的疯了! |
[12:25] | Everyone was right. You are crazy, Devi. | 大家说得没错,妳真的疯了,迪薇 |
[12:31] | Where are you going, young lady? I’m not done lecturing you yet. | 小姐,妳要去哪里?我还没骂完耶 |
[12:40] | I’m really sorry, Mom. | 我真的很对不起,妈 |
[12:41] | [somber music playing] | |
[12:47] | Hey, Pax. You skipped dinner, so I brought you a plate. | 小派,你没吃晚餐,我端一盘给你 |
[12:51] | I’m finishing up an extra-credit project for school. | 我在准备学校的加分题作业 |
[12:54] | Oh, okay. | 好 |
[12:57] | Hey, did you know that Ojichan was in an internment camp? | 你知道爷爷待过拘留营吗? |
[13:00] | I just found his dad’s journal. | 我刚刚发现曾祖父的日记 |
[13:03] | Yeah, he… he was a little boy there. | 对,他小时候待过 |
[13:05] | Why hasn’t anyone ever told me about it? | 为什么没人跟我讲过? |
[13:08] | Dad, uh, never wanted to talk about it growing up. | 我爸从以前就不爱讲这件事 |
[13:11] | Whenever we asked, he shut down. | 我们一问,他就不讲话 |
[13:14] | I guess I learned not to talk about it too. | 后来我大概也学会不提了 |
[13:18] | Maybe he should talk about it. | 也许他该讲这件事 |
[13:21] | Well, if anyone can get him to open up, it’s you. | 我看也只有你能让他开口了 |
[13:24] | He made his license plate “GRAMPAX.” | 他的车牌叫“小派爷爷” |
[13:27] | Yeah, I really wish he had not done that. [chuckles] | 对啊,我真希望他不要弄那个车牌 |
[13:31] | But yeah, I’ll give him a call. Thanks, Dad. | 不过我会打电话给他的 谢谢爸 |
[13:36] | [door opens, closes] | |
[13:40] | And so, if Ruthie had not lost her leg in that trolley-car accident, | 所以如果露西 没在街车事故失去一条腿 |
[13:44] | then she would’ve gone to work | 她就会在那天 |
[13:45] | at the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory that day, | 去失火的三角成衣厂工作 |
[13:48] | and I would never have existed. | 我也就永远都不可能存在 |
[13:52] | -Thank you. -[applauding] | 谢谢 |
[13:55] | [Mr. Shapiro] Fantastic work, Ben! | 太精彩了,小班! |
[13:57] | Devi, you’re up next. | 迪薇,接下来换妳 |
[14:00] | Devi, your presentation. | 迪薇,妳的报告 |
[14:02] | [McEnroe] Presentation? Damn it! | 报告?可恶! |
[14:04] | Because of her family drama, | 因为家里出了大事 |
[14:06] | Devi had forgotten to write a report on her family trauma. | 害迪薇忘了写自家伤痛的报告 |
[14:09] | I didn’t do it. I forgot. | 我没写,我忘了 |
[14:12] | You didn’t do an extra-credit project? | 妳没有写加分题报告? |
[14:16] | Wait, are you mad at me or something? | 怎么,妳在生我的气吗? 我可以报告,我准备好了 |
[14:19] | Uh, I can go. I’m ready for my presentation. | |
[14:22] | Paxton. Of course, take it away. | 派克斯顿,没问题,开始吧 有人可能不知道我有一半的日本血统 |
[14:30] | Um, so some of you may not know this, but I’m half Japanese. | |
[14:34] | I didn’t until recently. | 我最近才知道的 |
[14:38] | And, uh, during World War II, right here in California, | 二次大战期间,就在加州这个地方 |
[14:42] | the government forced over 120,000 Japanese Americans | 政府强迫超过12万名日裔美国人 |
[14:45] | to live in internment camps. | 住在拘留营里 |
[14:47] | My grandfather was one of them. | 我的祖父是其中之一 |
[14:48] | Now I could rattle off statistics about it, | 虽然我可以念出一堆统计数据 |
[14:52] | but, in an attempt to go above and beyond, | 但是为了能“超越自我” |
[14:56] | I thought it would be good to hear from someone who was actually there. | 我觉得最好还是听当事人现身说法 |
[15:01] | No, he didn’t! | 不会吧? |
[15:06] | [chuckling] | |
[15:08] | Living history! We’re literally facing history! | 活历史!我们真的在面对历史了! |
[15:13] | This is my grandfather, Theodore Yoshida. | 这位是我的祖父:西奥多吉田 |
[15:15] | Hi. | 大家好 |
[15:16] | So first of all, Ojichan, you were born in the United States, correct? | 首先,爷爷,你是在美国出生的吧? |
[15:20] | Yes. | 对 |
[15:21] | And even though you were an American citizen by birth, | 就算你一出生就是美国公民 |
[15:23] | you were still considered a foreign threat. | 还是被当成国外威胁 |
[15:25] | Which I was not. I was five. | 我根本就不是,我当年才五岁 |
[15:28] | [all laugh] | |
[15:29] | Manzanar was located in a farm town that was abandoned | 曼赞纳拘留营位于废弃的农业城镇 |
[15:32] | because the water was diverted to Los Angeles, which created a desert. | 因为水源被引到洛杉矶 当地变成沙漠 |
[15:36] | The summers were over 100 degrees, | 夏天气温可达摄氏38度 |
[15:38] | and the winters were bitterly cold | 冬天更是酷寒 |
[15:40] | because there wasn’t enough oil to go around. | 因为燃油不够使用 |
[15:42] | Now, Ojichan, what was the hardest thing about living in the camp? | 爷爷,你觉得住在拘留营 最痛苦的地方是什么? |
[15:47] | Seeing my father’s heart break. | 看著我父亲整个心灰意冷 |
[15:51] | He was a proud man. | 他的自尊心很强 |
[15:54] | But when they made him a prisoner, they stole his dignity, | 可是政府把他关起来 等于夺走他的尊严 |
[15:59] | and I don’t think he ever recovered from that. | 我觉得他终其一生都没恢复 |
[16:02] | I’m sorry, Ojichan. | 我很遗憾,爷爷 |
[16:04] | Which is probably why I never talked about it until now. | 这大概是我直到现在才肯说的原因 |
[16:07] | But when I see my grandson stepping out of his comfort zone, | 但是我看到孙子勇敢跨出舒适圈 |
[16:10] | well, it made me want to do so too. | 让我也敢走出来了 |
[16:12] | And because I am one of the last people to still remember Manzanar, | 因为我是最后一批还记得曼赞纳的人 |
[16:16] | I need to tell my story so no one ever forgets. | 所以必须说出这个故事 让大家都记得 |
[16:20] | [cries] | |
[16:23] | [voice breaking] This is exactly what this class is all about. | 这堂课成立的目的就是为了这一刻 |
[16:27] | [all applauding] | |
[16:29] | [students cheering, whistling] | |
[16:31] | [student] Yeah! | 好耶! |
[16:33] | [joyful music playing] | |
[16:41] | So, what’s going on, Devi? | 怎么回事,迪薇? |
[16:44] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[16:44] | I am sitting here wearing a giant turquoise statement necklace, | 我在这里戴著斗大的绿松石浮夸项链 |
[16:48] | and you haven’t made one crack about it. Something’s up. | 妳竟然还没开我玩笑,绝对有问题 |
[16:51] | No. | 没有 |
[16:53] | I’m okay. | 我很好 |
[16:55] | Devi, tell me what’s upsetting you. | 迪薇,跟我说妳在难过什么 |
[17:01] | Dr. Ryan… | 莱恩医生… |
[17:04] | do you think I’m crazy? | 妳觉得我疯了吗? |
[17:06] | Of course not. | 当然没有 |
[17:08] | [crying] I think I might be. Everyone at school calls me Crazy Devi. | 我觉得我可能是 同学都叫我疯女迪薇 |
[17:12] | And now my mom thinks I am after I stalked her, | 自从我跟踪我妈后 连她都觉得我疯了 |
[17:15] | because I was paranoid she was dating her work friend, | 因为我坚称她有跟工作上的朋友交往 |
[17:18] | and climbing onto that man’s roof, and spying on them through the skylights. | 而且爬到那个人的屋顶 透过天窗监视他们 |
[17:22] | And then, falling into his hot tub with my clothes on. | 然后掉进他的泡澡缸,衣服都没脱 |
[17:25] | That’s a lot, but you’re not crazy. | 虽然很夸张,但是妳没疯 |
[17:29] | You’re just hurting, and you might even be a little depressed. | 妳只是很难过,甚至可能有一点忧郁 |
[17:33] | And that’s okay, because I can help you through it. | 这也没关系,因为我能帮妳度过 |
[17:36] | You had a big loss, and the hurt that comes from that | 妳失去了至亲,那种伤痛 |
[17:40] | can come out in surprising ways. | 可能以出人意表的方式出现 |
[17:44] | Like my paralysis? | 像是我瘫痪那次吗? |
[17:45] | Exactly. | 对 |
[17:47] | I know I didn’t want to talk about it before, but… | 我知道我以前不想提那件事,可是… 为什么会那样? |
[17:53] | [sighs] …why did that happen? | |
[17:56] | If I’m not crazy, how did I paralyze myself? | 如果我没疯,为什么让自己瘫痪? |
[18:01] | Devi, in our field, | 迪薇,在我们这个领域 那就叫心身性无力 |
[18:03] | it’s what we call psychosomatic weakness. | |
[18:07] | It happens after you experience a traumatizing event. | 可能在经历心理创伤时出现 |
[18:13] | Like seeing your father die right in front of you. | 像是看到令尊在妳面前过世 |
[18:18] | But it doesn’t mean you’re crazy. Look at me. | 但是这并不代表妳疯了,看著我 |
[18:23] | It means you’re human. | 这代表妳是个人 |
[18:25] | Devi, you feel a lot, | 迪薇,妳的感情很丰富 |
[18:28] | which means sometimes you’re gonna hurt a lot, | 这代表妳有时会非常受伤 |
[18:32] | but, it also means that you’re gonna live a life | 但这也表示妳的人生 |
[18:36] | that is emotionally rich and really beautiful. | 会充满各种情感,非常动人 |
[18:40] | [sighs] | |
[18:44] | Thanks, Dr. Ryan. | 谢谢妳,莱恩医生 |
[18:47] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[18:48] | [sighs] | |
[18:51] | [sniffles, sighs] | |
[18:53] | You’re pretty smart for someone who has Cookie Monster’s turd around her neck. | 虽然妳把饼干怪兽的大便挂在脖子上 不过妳还挺聪明的 |
[18:58] | Oh! [laughs] | |
[19:01] | There she is! | 她恢复了! |
[19:05] | [knocking] | |
[19:06] | [sighs] Chris. Hi. | 克里斯,嗨 |
[19:08] | Hey. Hey, I’ve been trying to reach you all day. | 嗨,我整天都想跟妳联络 |
[19:10] | Your nurse said you were busy. | 妳的护理师说妳在忙 |
[19:12] | Then she asked me to go to the club with her several times. | 然后她一直要我带她去那家夜店 |
[19:15] | Uh, I was actually going to call you back, but the day just got away from me and, uh… | 我本来想回电,但一忙就忘了时间… |
[19:20] | Last night didn’t end great, huh? | 昨天晚上没有圆满结束吧? |
[19:25] | I am so mortified. | 我真的吓坏了 |
[19:27] | That… That must have been the worst date of your entire life. | 昨天一定是你这辈子最惨的约会 |
[19:31] | Nah, I once got stuck in a rotating restaurant | 不会啦,我有一次卡在 越转越快的旋转餐厅里 |
[19:34] | that kept speeding up. | |
[19:36] | [laughs] | |
[19:39] | Chris, I do not think this is going to work out. | 克里斯,我们不可能有结果的 |
[19:43] | Because of your daughter? | 因为妳女儿? |
[19:46] | Mm-hmm. | |
[19:48] | And honestly, me too. | 其实我也有问题 |
[19:50] | I think it might be a little too soon. | 我觉得可能太快了 |
[19:53] | I think I will be ready in a few years, | 我应该几年后就可以 |
[19:55] | but you’ll probably be snatched up by then. | 不过你到时可能早就死会了 |
[19:57] | Oh, I don’t know. | 也难说 |
[20:00] | Some people don’t like me when they first meet me. | 有些人一开始 -并不喜欢我耶 -别挖苦我了 |
[20:03] | [both laugh] | |
[20:06] | -Maybe I’ll see you in the elevator. -Hmm. | 也许等一下在电梯巧遇吧 |
[20:08] | I look forward to that. | 希望有这个机会 |
[20:15] | [gentle music playing] | |
[20:29] | -What the actual fuck? -[Nalini gasps] | 到底是搞什么屁啊? |
[20:36] | What were you doing at Dr. Jackson’s office? | 妳跑去杰克森医生的办公室干嘛? |
[20:38] | I was looking for you because I stupidly wanted to apologize | 我在找妳,因为我笨到想跟妳道歉 |
[20:42] | for accusing you of dating him, but I found you full-on Frenching him. | 竟然说妳在跟他交往 结果发现你们在舌吻 |
[20:44] | Now I know where my lying gene comes from because you’re the biggest liar of us all! | 我知道我为什么那么会说谎了 因为妳才是最会说慌的人! |
[20:49] | -What is going on here? -You wanna know what’s going on? | -这是怎么回事? -妳想知道怎么回事吗? |
[20:52] | Your daughter-in-law here got a boyfriend five minutes after your son died! | 妳儿子死没五分钟 这个媳妇就急著交男朋友! |
[20:55] | Guess that’s why you didn’t seem too upset about Dad’s death! | 难怪爸过世后妳没有很伤心的样子! |
[21:02] | Was that a slap? | 这是打巴掌吗? |
[21:04] | Yes, it was, and she deserved it. You do not talk to your mother that way! | 是的,而且她活该 怎么能用这种口气跟妈妈讲话? |
[21:08] | Did you not hear me? She has a boyfriend! | 妳没听到吗?她有男朋友! |
[21:11] | You listen to me, child, | 妳给我听好,孩子 |
[21:13] | your mother is an adult, | 妳母亲是个大人 |
[21:15] | and she is the reason that you have everything you have, | 妳之所以什么都有,全是因为她 |
[21:18] | including your life. | 包括妳的生命 |
[21:20] | She can do what she wants | 所以她想做什么都行 |
[21:23] | without your judgment. | 妳没有批评的资格 |
[21:24] | [somber music playing] | |
[21:35] | My weather app says there’s a storm coming tonight. | 我的天气程式说今晚天气不好 |
[21:38] | I need the room! | 我要用客厅!麦坎要来跟我对台词 |
[21:39] | Malcolm’s coming over to run lines with me, | |
[21:41] | and we go to a vulnerable place! | 可能会很激动! |
[21:43] | Of course, honey. We don’t wanna interfere with your process. | 没问题,女儿 我们不想干扰妳排戏 |
[21:48] | [phone chimes] | |
[21:50] | [Malcolm reading] | 艾莉诺,妳朋友的女性特质 毒害我们的信任关系 所以我必须跟妳分手 离题一下,一夫一妻制的枷锁 让我觉得绑手绑脚 再会了,我的爱人 |
[22:04] | Sorry, I forgot my glasses. | 对不起,我忘了拿眼镜 |
[22:07] | [sighs] | |
[22:10] | Eleanor, is everything okay? | 艾莉诺,妳还好吧? |
[22:14] | Malcolm just broke up with me. | 麦坎刚刚跟我分手了 |
[22:16] | [gasps] Oh. | |
[22:18] | I’m so sorry, honey. | 孩子,我好难过 |
[22:21] | Oh, he’s just a stupid teenage boy. | 他只是个没脑的青少年 |
[22:23] | Malcolm’s a genius, | 麦坎是个天才 |
[22:26] | and you don’t understand what it’s like to be in a passionate relationship | 妳不了解 充满激情的关系是什么样子 |
[22:29] | because you’re with my boring dad. | 因为妳跟我的无聊老爸结婚 |
[22:31] | Eleanor, I’m a dental hygienist. | 艾莉诺,我是口腔卫生师 |
[22:34] | We are the flight attendants of the mouth. | 我们是口腔的空服员 |
[22:37] | [chuckling] So I have dated plenty of Malcolms. | 所以跟很多麦坎这种人交往过 |
[22:42] | I mean enough. Not a weird amount. | 我玩够了,虽然也没多到离谱 |
[22:45] | Anyway, you know what I find the sexiest? Stability. | 妳知道我觉得怎样最性感吗?稳定 |
[22:49] | -Ew! -Don’t “ew” me! | -恶心! -少跟我说恶心! |
[22:51] | You have the best dad in the world, and you don’t appreciate him at all. | 妳有全天下最棒的老爸 却完全不懂得欣赏他 |
[22:55] | Just give him a chance. | 给他一个机会 |
[22:57] | He’s a good man who would never leave you like your mom did. | 他是个好人,绝对不会 跟妳妈一样丢下妳 |
[23:01] | Or like Malcolm did. | 也不会跟麦坎一样 |
[23:04] | Oh my God. | 天啊 |
[23:06] | Malcolm is just like my mother. I’ve been trying to date my mother! | 麦坎就像我妈 原来我一直想跟我妈交往! |
[23:10] | -What? -I should have been trying to date my dad! | -什么? -但是我应该跟我爸交往! |
[23:13] | -No, I don’t think that’s the lesson here. -It definitely is. | 我要讲的道理不是这个 绝对就是 |
[23:17] | Thank you, Sharon. | 雪伦,谢谢 |
[23:19] | I’m sorry I’ve been a jerk to you. | 对不起,我一直对妳那么差 |
[23:23] | Oh. | |
[23:25] | Hey, Dad, will you run lines with me? | 爸,可以跟我对台词吗? |
[23:29] | -[thunder rumbling] -[rain pattering] | |
[23:31] | ♪ Last night all I think about is you ♪ | |
[23:33] | [phone chimes] | (派克斯顿:妳在干嘛?) |
[23:34] | ♪ Don’t stop, baby You can walk through ♪ | |
[23:37] | ♪ Don’t wanna But I think about you ♪ | (迪薇:没干嘛) |
[23:42] | -[phone chimes] -[knocking] | (派克斯顿:要人陪吗?) 派克斯顿? |
[23:46] | [music playing] | |
[23:53] | -[exhales] -[Devi] Paxton? | |
[23:57] | You’re in my house. | 你在我家 |
[23:59] | Yeah, I guess so. | 对啊,应该吧 |
[24:01] | ♪ Heat, heat waves I’m swimming in a mirror ♪ | |
[24:04] | Look, I just wanted to say thank you for all your help. | 我只是想谢谢妳帮的那些忙 |
[24:07] | It felt so good to finally do something well in school. | 我总算能拿到优异成绩了,感觉真棒 |
[24:11] | [McEnroe] Paxton was soaking wet, | 派克斯顿全身湿透 |
[24:13] | and he used the adverb “well” instead of the adjective “good.” | 而且他说“优异”,而不是“好棒棒” |
[24:16] | He had never been hotter. | 真是前所未有的帅 |
[24:18] | So are you here to study or… | 所以你是来念书的还是… |
[24:25] | No. | 不是 |
[24:25] | ♪ Late nights in the middle of June ♪ | |
[24:28] | ♪ Heat waves been faking me out ♪ | |
[24:31] | ♪ Heat waves been faking me out ♪ | |
[24:35] | ♪ Sometimes, all I think about is you ♪ | |
[24:39] | ♪ Late nights in the middle of June ♪ | |
[24:42] | ♪ Heat waves been faking me out ♪ | |
[24:45] | ♪ Can’t make you happier now ♪ | |
[24:48] | ♪ Road shimmer Wiggling the vision ♪ | |
[24:50] | ♪ Heat, heat waves I’m swimming in a mirror ♪ | |
[24:54] | ♪ Road shimmer Wiggling the vision ♪ | |
[24:57] | -That was fun. -Mm-hmm. | 真好玩 |
[25:00] | Call you later? | 等一下打给妳? |
[25:03] | [kissing] | |
[25:10] | [McEnroe] Whoa, did Devi just tutor her way | 哇,迪薇当家教当到 又变成派克斯顿的女朋友了吗? |
[25:13] | into being Paxton’s girlfriend again? | |
[25:15] | Finally, all her studying was paying off. | 努力用功总算有代价了 |
[25:18] | [screams] Ah! | |
[25:20] | How long have you been there? | 妳在那里多久了? |
[25:22] | According to my Titan, five to seven seconds. | 根据我的印度名表,五到七秒钟 |
[25:25] | I need you to come downstairs now for a family discussion. | 我要妳现在下楼开家庭会议 |
[25:29] | -I’m not talking to her. -Yes, you will. | 我不想跟她讲话 不想也得想 |
[25:31] | How could she do that to Dad? | 她怎么可以背叛爸? |
[25:33] | Why don’t you ask her, kanna? | 妳为什么不问她,孩子? |
[25:36] | You know, the last conversation I had with Mohan was a fight. | 我最后一次跟穆罕讲话时在吵架 |
[25:40] | Something to do with my savings | 跟我存钱的事有关 |
[25:42] | and how I shouldn’t keep all my money hidden in the soil of my plants. | 还有我不该把钱全部藏在花盆的土里 |
[25:47] | I got so mad at him, I hung up the phone. | 我气到把电话挂掉 我竟然挂我宝贝儿子的电话 |
[25:50] | [scoffs] I hung up on my darling boy. | |
[25:55] | Pati… | 奶奶… |
[25:58] | There is no time for hanging up or not speaking in this life. | 人生里没有挂电话或冷战的时间 |
[26:01] | Do you understand me? | 妳懂吗? |
[26:04] | -Hmm. -Let’s go. Come. | 走吧,来 |
[26:06] | [poignant music playing] | |
[26:09] | I’m going to leave you two alone to talk this out in private. | 我让妳们两人私下把这件事讲开 |
[26:14] | If you need me, I’ll be listening from the kitchen. | 如果要找我,我就在厨房偷听 |
[26:17] | [sighs] | |
[26:19] | I am so, so sorry I lied to you, Devi. | 迪薇,我骗了妳,真的很对不起 |
[26:23] | -How could you move on so quickly? -I haven’t moved on, kanna, at all. | 妳怎么这么快就走出来了? 我根本就没有走出来,孩子 |
[26:28] | I… I miss your father so much that it physically hurts. | 我想妳爸爸想到都心痛了 |
[26:32] | I guess I just… | 我大概是 |
[26:35] | wanted a break from that pain. | 痛累了想休息一下吧 |
[26:37] | But I promise you, it is over now. | 可是我保证,这段情已经结束了 |
[26:44] | Are you the only one around here who gets to make these rash decisions? | 难道这个家只有妳 会做出鲁莽的决定吗? |
[26:49] | It’s just I feel like Dad’s disappearing from our lives. | 我只是觉得爸爸 快从我们的生命中消失了 |
[26:52] | I had all his voicemails on my phone, but they’re gone! | 我手机里有他的语音留言 现在全没了! |
[26:55] | And someone was too cheap to pay for the cloud. | 又有人小气到不肯出云端硬碟的钱 |
[26:57] | I refuse to pay for something invisible. | 我拒绝付钱买看不见的东西 |
[27:00] | What if I forget what Dad sounds like? | 要是我忘记爸爸的声音呢? 妳永远不会忘记的,孩子 |
[27:03] | [sighs] You’ll never forget that, kutti. | |
[27:07] | Your father will always be a part of you. | 妳爸爸永远都会是妳的一部分 |
[27:10] | But if you need a little help remembering, I might have something. | 但是如果妳需要帮忙才记得起来 我可能还留著一样东西 宝拉阿巴杜让位 |
[27:19] | -[Mohan] Ah! Move over, Paula Abdul. -[chuckles] | |
[27:22] | [Mohan] Sherman Oaks is about to have a new celebrity resident. | 雪曼橡树区就要有新的名人住户了 |
[27:26] | Devi Vishwakumar is coming to town! | 迪薇威舍库玛马上要降临! |
[27:28] | [Nalini] Hello, we haven’t decided on that name yet. Okay? | 我们还没决定要用那个名字吧? |
[27:31] | -Sit here. Careful. Oh! -[grunts] | 坐这里,小心 |
[27:33] | -Well, whatever your name is, Devi… -Nope! | -不管妳叫什么名字,迪薇… -不行! |
[27:37] | [chuckles] | |
[27:38] | …we are so excited to meet you, | …我们都会开心迎接妳 |
[27:40] | and I already love you so much. | 我已经好爱好爱妳了 |
[27:44] | My perfect girl. | 我最完美的女儿 |
[27:45] | [poignant music rising] | |
[27:51] | [kisses] | |
[27:53] | [sighs] | |
[27:56] | -Eleanor! -Guys, we’re so– [gasps] | -艾莉诺! -各位,我们好… |
[27:58] | I’m so proud of you. | 妳让爸爸好自豪 |
[27:59] | I truly forgot you were my daughter, | 我真的忘了妳是我女儿 |
[28:02] | and all I saw was this 60-year-old Southern white lady on the stage. | 我只看到台上 有个60岁的南方白人老太太 |
[28:06] | Thanks, Dad. I couldn’t have done it without your help | 谢谢爸,这都多亏你的帮忙 |
[28:10] | and without Sharon loaning me this unstylish dress | 也要谢谢雪伦借我这么土的衣服 |
[28:13] | among… other helpful things. | 妳也有帮其他忙啦 |
[28:18] | Oh, looks like your adoring fans wanna talk to you. | 看来妳的可爱影迷要找妳了 |
[28:22] | We’ll meet you by the car. | 我们在车旁等妳 |
[28:25] | Bye! Thank you! | 再见,谢谢! |
[28:29] | You guys came even after I said those terrible things to you. | 我跟妳们讲了那么恶毒的话 妳们却还是来了 |
[28:33] | Of course, we did. Life’s too short not to speak to each other. | 那当然啊,人生苦短,不能冷战 |
[28:37] | I’m so, so sorry. I didn’t mean any of it. | 我真的很对不起,我不是真心的 |
[28:40] | I think I was trapped under Malcolm’s spell. | 我只是被麦坎迷惑了 |
[28:42] | Whoa. Wait, so you guys are done? | 哇,等一下,你们分了? |
[28:45] | Yeah. He dumped me over text. | 对啊,他用简讯跟我分手 |
[28:48] | Can’t believe I didn’t see what a tool he was. | 我竟然没看出他是个烂咖 |
[28:50] | Makes me think I could easily be sucked into a cult. | 我觉得我可能很容易就信邪教 |
[28:53] | Yeah. We’ve been saying that about you for years. | 对啊,我们多年来都是这么说妳的 |
[28:55] | [laughs] | |
[28:56] | At least, Devi, you won’t be the only one going to the dance alone. | 迪薇,至少妳不必一个人去舞会了 |
[29:01] | ♪ I just wonder what you’re dreaming of ♪ | |
[29:04] | ♪ When you sleep And smile so comfortable ♪ | |
[29:07] | Well, actually, I might not be. | 其实,我可能会有伴 |
[29:10] | ♪ That look that’s perfectly un-sad ♪ | |
[29:13] | Hey, pal. | 嗨,朋友 |
[29:15] | [McEnroe] Did he just call her “pal”? | 他刚刚叫她“朋友”? |
[29:16] | That’s what you call the ball boy at the US Open, | 那是在美网公开赛叫球童的叫法 |
[29:19] | not a girl you made out with for a zillion hours last night. | 不能用来叫昨晚亲了几百小时的女生 |
[29:23] | What the hell is going on here? | 这到底是怎么回事? |
[29:26] | Oh shit! Did Devi get played? | |
[29:29] | ♪ Sometimes, all I think about is you ♪ | |
[29:32] | ♪ Late nights in the middle of June ♪ | |
[29:35] | ♪ Heat waves been faking me out ♪ | |
[29:38] | ♪ Can’t make you happier now ♪ | |
[29:41] | ♪ Sometimes, all I think about is you ♪ | |
[29:44] | ♪ Late nights in the middle of June ♪ | |
[29:47] | ♪ Heat waves been faking me out ♪ | |
[29:50] | ♪ Can’t make you happier now ♪ | |
[29:53] | ♪ Road shimmer Wiggling the vision ♪ | |
[29:56] | ♪ Heat, heat waves I’m swimming in a mirror ♪ | |
[29:59] | ♪ Road shimmer Wiggling the vision ♪ | |
[30:01] | ♪ Heat, heat waves I’m swimming in a mirror ♪ | |
[30:04] | [music continues] |