时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | Someone check on hell because it has definitely frozen over. | 没看错吧?太阳是打西边出来了 |
[00:17] | Devi Vishwakumar just walked into school for the first time | 这是德维·维什瓦库马尔第一次 以帕克斯顿·霍尔-吉田的女友身份 |
[00:21] | as Paxton Hall-Yoshida’s girlfriend. | 踏入校园 |
[00:23] | And all she had to do was cheat on him, | 她要做的只是出轨 |
[00:26] | hit him with the car, and do all his homework. | 开车撞他 以及帮他完成作业 |
[00:29] | Harry and Meghan, move over. | 哈里王子和梅根王妃过来了 |
[00:32] | This is what fairy tales are made of. | 这是童话故事里的情节 |
[00:35] | What the hell? | 搞什么鬼啊? |
[00:36] | They’d been together for two whole weeks, | 他们在一起整整两周了 |
[00:39] | which for teenagers is basically a lifetime of monogamy. | 这对于青少年来说 就算是过了一辈子的一夫一妻制了 |
[00:44] | Although between us, | 但我们私底下要说 |
[00:45] | it had been a surprisingly PG-13 two weeks. | 令人诧异的是 这两周还没发生儿童不宜的剧情 |
[00:54] | Uh, maybe not tonight? | 今晚要不算了吧? |
[00:57] | Uh… I had a huge dinner. | 我晚餐吃得太撑了 |
[00:58] | Okay. | 好 |
[01:02] | How about we watch some TikToks? | 不如刷一下抖音吧? |
[01:05] | ♪ Dream of you… ♪ | |
[01:09] | Hey, let’s take a rain check. | 嘿 要不下次吧? |
[01:11] | – I actually had a huge breakfast. – Okay. | -我早餐吃得太撑了 -好 |
[01:15] | – Uh, let’s watch some TikToks. – Cool. | -刷一下抖音吧 -好啊 |
[01:19] | And though unusually large meals | 虽然不寻常的大餐 |
[01:21] | had interfered with the consummation of their love, | 让他们之间的爱情 没能达到如火如荼的境界 |
[01:24] | Devi was Paxton’s official girlf. | 但德维是帕克斯顿的官宣女友 |
[01:28] | And for the first time, she was feeling truly confident. | 她第一次真正充满了自信 |
[01:33] | You guys, isn’t it crazy that Paxton and Devi are together? | 各位 帕克斯顿竟然和德维在一起了 太疯狂了吧? |
[01:36] | I know, right? I never saw that coming. | 是吧?我完全没料到会有这出 |
[01:39] | She’s dying, right? It’s like a deathbed, last wishes thing? | 她是不是快死了? 这是她的临终遗愿吗? |
[01:42] | God, Paxton is just so kind. | 天啊 帕克斯顿太善良了 |
[01:44] | No, that’s what I thought, but she’s like, healthy. | 不 我原本也是那么想的 但她很健康啊 |
[01:48] | Maybe she’s just a huge slut. | 也许她只是个大荡妇而已 |
[01:49] | – Of course. – Good observation. | -当然了 -很有道理 |
[01:51] | Thanks. I’m really good at deductive reasoning. | 谢谢 演绎推理是我的长项 |
[01:53] | Yeah, the only reason a guy like Paxton would be with a freak like Devi | 是的 帕克斯顿这样的男生 愿意跟德维这样的怪胎在一起 |
[01:57] | is if she puts out. | 是因为她愿意滥交 |
[01:58] | – Totally. – No other logical explanation. | -没错 -是啊 这是唯一合理的解释了 |
[02:01] | Do you guys think I could pull off white contacts like Kanye? | 你们觉得我能找到Off-White品牌的熟人 比如侃爷吗? |
[02:04] | – Yes! – Totally! | -当然了! -绝对行! |
[02:10] | The debut of Daxton was unreal. | 德斯顿组合这样高调登场 真是太不真实了 |
[02:13] | The hallway was littered with backpacks people dropped in shock. | 大家在走廊上都惊呆了 连书包都掉到了地上 |
[02:17] | It was awesome. | 太厉害了 |
[02:18] | Yeah, and you made it onto Lady Whistleboy for the first time ever. | 没错 而且你第一次 登上了告密男孩夫人的主页 |
[02:21] | Lady Whistleboy was the school’s gossip TikTok | 告密男孩夫人是学校的八卦抖音账号 |
[02:24] | loosely based on a Bridgerton character | 是粗略根据《布里杰顿家族》的人物起的名字 |
[02:27] | run by a not so anonymous source. | 运营账号的是一位算不上匿名的线人 |
[02:30] | Are you guys banging yet? I can’t wait to read Lady Whistleboy’s take on that. | 你们上床了吗?我迫不及待地想听听告密男孩夫人的评论 |
[02:34] | Uh, we’re circling it. | 我们还在商量 |
[02:36] | We both want to. It’s imminent for sure. | 我们都想做 一定很快就会发生 |
[02:39] | Look up. | 抬头看 |
[02:42] | Oh shit! | 该死! |
[02:45] | Uh… What’s going on with you and Trent? | 你和特伦特是怎么回事? |
[02:48] | That failed attempt to look cool was directed right at you. | 他虽然耍酷失败了 但显然是想引起你注意 |
[02:51] | Ugh! I mean, we hung out a couple of times over Christmas break. | 我们在圣诞假期时一起玩了几次 |
[02:54] | My parents definitely hate him, which is exciting. | 我的父母很讨厌他 但这让我很激动 |
[02:57] | Star-crossed lovers is your dream. | 谈一场被众星诅咒的恋爱 是你的梦想啊 |
[02:59] | I know, but it’s so confusing. | 我知道 但我很困惑 |
[03:01] | We haven’t kissed yet, | 我们还没接吻呢 |
[03:03] | but he did leave a little bag of weed under my Christmas tree. | 但他在我的圣诞树下放了一袋大麻 |
[03:06] | What do you guys think that means? | 你们觉得有什么特殊含义吗? |
[03:08] | Uh, that seems romantic to me. | 我觉得那很浪漫啊 |
[03:09] | Uh, no, it does not! | 才不浪漫呢! |
[03:11] | What up, losers? What’s good in the kingdom of rejects? | 怎么样 废物们?废柴王国还好吗? |
[03:15] | Sorry. Still getting used to having female friends. | 抱歉 我还不太适应跟女性朋友相处 |
[03:18] | – Hi. Hello. Good morning. What’s goin’ on? – Hey, babe. | -嗨 你们好啊 早上好 怎么了? -嘿 宝贝 |
[03:21] | We’re just congratulating Devi | 我们就是在恭喜德维 |
[03:23] | on her mic drop of an entrance with Paxton. | 成功跟帕克斯顿一起闪亮登场了 |
[03:25] | Oh, uh, I guess I missed it. Sounds cool. | 我好像错过了 但听起来很精彩 |
[03:28] | It did, right? | 是的 对吧? |
[03:29] | Because we’re a good couple? Like, it’s believable that we’re together, | 因为我们很般配? 我们在一起不是天方夜谭吧? |
[03:32] | and one person wouldn’t have to be a whore to make the other like them, right? | 不需要当荡妇 才能赢得别人的芳心吧? |
[03:36] | Devi, you’re overthinking it. | 德维 你想太多了 |
[03:38] | And you know what? I just thought of something. | 知道吗?我想到了一件事 |
[03:40] | Depending on how this Trent thing shakes out, | 我和特伦特的感情进展要是成功 |
[03:42] | we might all be in legit relationships. | 那么我们就都正式脱单了 |
[03:45] | Here’s to never being single again. | 敬永远脱单 |
[03:47] | Fabiola, I need to talk to you. | 法比奥拉 我需要跟你谈谈 |
[03:51] | I’m so sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[03:53] | You’re moving to Korea? | 你要搬去韩国了? |
[03:55] | Eve’s mom was opening a franchise of Bar Method in Seoul, South Korea. | 伊芙的妈妈要在韩国首尔 开一家芭蕾把杆健身加盟店 |
[03:59] | It was her dream to teach Korean women how to sculpt their butts | 她的梦想就是教韩国女性 如何利用微小的重复性动作 |
[04:02] | with small repetitive movements. | 进行臀部塑形 |
[04:04] | – I don’t want to break up. – Neither do I. | -我不想分手 -我也不想 |
[04:06] | Okay, then let’s do long distance. It shouldn’t be that hard. | 那我们谈异地恋好了 这一定不难 |
[04:09] | – What’s the time difference? – Sixteen hours. | -时差有几个小时? -16小时 |
[04:11] | What? Damn. | 什么?该死 |
[04:13] | Maps really don’t do the Pacific Ocean justice, but it’s fine. | 地图真对太平洋不公平 但没关系 |
[04:17] | We can do this. I’ll just stay up a little later. | 我们能继续谈下去 我熬夜就好了 |
[04:19] | You can FaceTime me when you’re home from school. It’s gonna be okay. | 你可以等放学后再跟我视频 没什么问题 |
[04:25] | Good morning, Pati. Can I help with that? | 早上好 奶奶 需要我帮忙吗? |
[04:28] | Oh, now you want to help out? | 现在你倒是想帮忙了? |
[04:30] | I was under the impression that all you do at mealtime | 我还以为你在饭点的时候 |
[04:33] | is run away and shame your family. | 只会逃跑 让你的家族蒙羞 |
[04:35] | Pati, please, the knife. | 奶奶 求你了 别挥刀子 |
[04:37] | The knife is the least of your worries. | 你最不需要担心的就是这把刀 |
[04:39] | I have never been so humiliated. | 我从来没感到过这般耻辱 |
[04:41] | Not even the time when my sari got caught in the escalator at the Beverly Center. | 那次我在比弗利中心 沙丽被手扶梯夹住了 |
[04:44] | I was half naked in front of Bath & Body Works. | 害我在沐浴用品店门口半裸着身体 就连那次也没那么丢人 |
[04:47] | Pati, you know how sorry I am. | 奶奶 你知道我有多愧疚 |
[04:50] | I’ve texted Prashant many times, but he won’t respond. | 我给普拉桑特发过很多次短信 但他没有回复 |
[04:52] | What did you even say? | 你说什么了? |
[04:54] | “Oh, hey, boo. Sorry to have abandoned you.” | “哦 宝贝 抱歉我抛弃了你” |
[04:57] | “Hope we’re cool. Sad face emoji.” | “希望我们没事 伤心的表情” |
[04:59] | If you weren’t so beautiful, I would have slapped you. | 要不是你这么漂亮 我早就扇你耳光了 |
[05:01] | Okay, Kamala, why don’t you leave the kitchen | 好了 卡玛拉 你奶奶这么怒气冲冲 |
[05:05] | while your grandmother’s furious… and armed? | 还全副武装 你要不先从厨房出去吧? |
[05:07] | You did bring disgrace on your family, | 你确实让你的家人丢脸了 |
[05:09] | but I don’t think that’s a stabbable offense. | 但我觉得这个罪 也不至于要千刀万剐 |
[05:11] | I would go quickly if I were you. | 如果我是你 我就会尽快离开 |
[05:19] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[05:20] | Oh. Hey. | 噢 嘿 |
[05:21] | So, I haven’t seen you much recently, and I… | 是这样的 我最近没怎么见到你 我… |
[05:25] | Wait, why are there so many photos of Adele in your locker? | 等等 你的柜子里 为什么贴了那么多阿黛尔的照片? |
[05:28] | Because she’s an icon with the voice of an angel, bro. | 哥们 因为她是偶像人物 有着天使之声 |
[05:31] | – You have a problem with that? – No, no. I love Adele. | -你有意见吗? -没有 我很爱阿黛尔 |
[05:34] | She’s cool. | 她很酷 |
[05:35] | So what do you want? | 那你想怎么样? |
[05:38] | Are you, like, pissed at me because I’m with Devi? | 你是在气我跟德维谈恋爱吗? |
[05:40] | It’s not anger, man. | 我不是生气 |
[05:42] | It’s fear. | 而是恐惧 |
[05:43] | I’ve seen this girl burn you once. | 我曾经目睹这女孩伤害了你 |
[05:45] | It’s like Adele’s song “Cold Shoulder.” | 就像阿黛尔的歌《受到冷遇》里唱的 |
[05:47] | “Time and time again, you’re going to play the fool.” | “一次又一次 你都会扮演小丑” |
[05:50] | – I don’t know that song. – Yeah, well, you freaking should. | -我没听过那首歌 -你应该听一下 |
[05:53] | I just worry about you, man. I know behind those sculpted abs is a tender heart. | 我就是担心你 哥们 我知道在你的紧实腹肌后 藏着一颗柔软的心 |
[05:57] | My heart’s not behind my abs. | 我的心不长在腹肌后面 |
[05:59] | Oh, sure it is. You’re just afraid to see it. | 它就是长在腹肌后面 你只是害怕看到它 |
[06:03] | Listen, man. I appreciate that you’re looking out for me, all right? | 听着 兄弟 我很感激你为我着想 好吗? |
[06:07] | But I really do trust Devi this time. | 但这次我全心全意相信德维 |
[06:09] | Okay, if you trust her, then what else can I do but also trust. | 好吧 如果你相信她 我也只能相信她了 |
[06:17] | – Psych! – Dude! | -开个玩笑! -老兄! |
[06:19] | Whatever, man. Your nuts miss me. I could tell. | 随便啦 兄弟 我看得出来你的蛋蛋很想我 |
[06:24] | – Hey, Devi. – Yo. | -嘿 德维 -哟 |
[06:27] | – Hey, ready to hit the road? – Totally. Let’s roll. | -嘿 走吗? -可以啊 走吧 |
[06:30] | Cool. | 很好 |
[06:31] | The walk out of school was feeling a bit less triumphant to Devi than the walk-in. | 走出学校时 德维感觉不如进来时那么得意 |
[06:36] | She had been obsessing over what Shira, Zoe, and Carley had said all day. | 希拉、佐伊和卡丽说的话 一整天都在她脑子里回响 |
[06:41] | Was everyone wondering why Paxton was with someone so far beneath him? | 是不是大家都在纳闷帕克斯顿 怎么会跟远不如他的人恋爱? |
[06:45] | What did Paxton and Devi even look like to them? | 他们是怎么看待 帕克斯顿和德维一起的? |
[06:50] | The newest odd couple at Sherman Oaks High is leaving the building! | 舍曼奥克斯高中最新一对奇怪情侣 正在离开教学楼! |
[06:58] | Here are some snacks I found in my car. Sorry, they’re mostly crushed. | 我在车上找到了一些零食 抱歉 几乎被压扁了 |
[07:02] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[07:03] | Can you please talk to Pati? | 你能和奶奶谈谈吗? |
[07:05] | I know she’s disappointed with me, but surely she doesn’t want me to starve. | 我知道她很失望 但她肯定不想让我饿死吧 |
[07:08] | Uh, I wouldn’t put it past her. She did almost try to decapitate you this morning. | 她要是把你饿死 我也不会觉得意外 她今早还想砍了你的头呢 |
[07:12] | So, do you love him? | 那你爱他吗? |
[07:15] | This teacher? | 这位老师? |
[07:16] | – I don’t know what you’re talking about. – Devi’s English teacher, Mr. Kulkarni. | -我不知道你在说什么 -教德维英语的库尔卡尼老师 |
[07:20] | The one you went to see at the school that night. | 那天晚上你去学校见的那位 |
[07:23] | I’m not dumb, Kamala. | 我不傻 卡玛拉 |
[07:24] | He asked about you at Devi’s parent-teacher conference. | 他在德维的家长会上问起你了 |
[07:27] | And then he pretended he asks about all his students’ cousins. | 然后他假装问了问所有学生的表亲 |
[07:31] | No, I don’t love him. | 不 我不爱他 |
[07:34] | Manish is just a friend. | 我只是把曼尼什当朋友 |
[07:36] | Look, Kamala. | 听着 卡玛拉 |
[07:38] | I know this way of getting married can seem scary. | 我知道这种婚姻方式很可怕 |
[07:41] | Things may seem out of your control, | 你好像掌控不了自己的生活 |
[07:43] | but you just have to look at your parents or look at Mohan and me. | 但你应该看看你的父母 或者莫汉和我 |
[07:46] | I mean, part of the reason why we worked is because | 我们的婚姻之所以成功 其中一部分原因 |
[07:49] | our families just went into it wanting the same things. | 就是我们的家人也怀着同样的目标 走入这样的婚姻 |
[07:51] | I know. Uh… | 我知道 |
[07:54] | I’m just scared. | 我就是很害怕 |
[07:56] | I love my life here, my freedom. | 我爱我在这里的生活 我的自由 |
[07:58] | I don’t feel ready. | 我还没准备好 |
[08:00] | I was a third-year medical student when my parents matched me up with Mohan. | 当我父母让我和莫汉相亲时 我还是医学院的三年级学生 |
[08:04] | All I wanted to do was zap spider veins | 我当时想做的就是消除蜘蛛状血管 |
[08:06] | and buy myself a white BMW convertible with gold rims. | 然后给自己买一辆 金边框的白色宝马敞篷车 |
[08:10] | I did not have great taste back then. | 我那时候的品味不太好 |
[08:12] | I mean, the last thing I wanted to do was to get married. | 我当时根本没想要结婚 |
[08:15] | So, what changed your mind? | 那是什么改变了你的想法? |
[08:18] | Mohan, you know, he was so honest and so kind, | 是莫汉 他很诚实、善良 |
[08:22] | and when we moved here he made me feel closer to my family, | 我们搬来这里的时候 他让我觉得跟家更亲近了 |
[08:26] | even though we were thousands of miles away. | 虽然我和家之间相隔十万八千里远 |
[08:31] | He was my rock. | 他是我的支柱 |
[08:33] | Prashant does remind me of home. It’s nice. | 普拉桑特确实让我想起了家 这种感觉很好 |
[08:37] | Listen, no one’s making you get married tomorrow, | 听着 没有人逼你明天结婚 |
[08:40] | but I don’t think you should throw away Prashant because you’re scared. | 但我觉得你不应该因为自己害怕 就放弃普拉桑特 |
[08:43] | And he’s so hot. | 而且他很有魅力 |
[08:45] | Extremely hot. If you don’t marry him, I will. | 魅力无穷 如果你不嫁给他 那我嫁 |
[08:55] | When you insisted we throw you a Happy Boyfriend party today during our session, | 你执意要在今天的治疗时间开派对 庆祝你交了男朋友 |
[09:00] | I thought you’d be happier about it. | 我本以为你的心情会更好一点 |
[09:02] | Yeah, I know. | 是啊 我知道 |
[09:05] | Wait, I don’t understand. | 等等 我不明白 |
[09:06] | You’re dating the boy of your dreams. | 你在跟梦中情人约会 |
[09:08] | He’s publicly acknowledged you as his girlfriend. Ooh! | 他也公开承认了你是他的女朋友 |
[09:11] | Wait a minute. | 等一等 |
[09:13] | Did we discover that being in a romantic relationship | 我们是发现谈恋爱 |
[09:17] | doesn’t necessarily solve all of our problems? | 不一定能解决我们所有的问题吗? |
[09:20] | Mmm. Nice try, Dr. Ryan. | 你可别想套我话 莱恩医生 |
[09:22] | The entire Olivia Rodrigo album would disagree with you. | 整张奥利维亚·罗德里戈的专辑 会不同意你的说法 |
[09:25] | Then why are you so down? | 那你为什么这么沮丧? |
[09:26] | I overheard some girls say that I must be a slut for Paxton to like me. | 我无意中听到几个女孩说 我肯定是个荡妇 才能钓到帕克斯顿 |
[09:31] | And not slut like in the cool, affectionate way gay men say it on reality shows. | 不是同性恋男人在真人秀上 又酷又深情地骂的那种“荡妇” |
[09:35] | Like, it’s the only possible explanation for why we’re together. | 好像如果我不是荡妇 我们就不会在一起 |
[09:38] | Devi, I am so sorry that happened to you. | 德维 听说你遇上了这种事 让我很难过 |
[09:41] | Me too. This cake cost $60, and I’m too upset to eat it. | 我也很难过 这个蛋糕要60美元 但我难过得吃不下 |
[09:44] | Sixty dollars! Girl, why you didn’t just go to Ralphs? | 60美元! 姑娘 你怎么不去劳尔夫超市买呢? |
[09:48] | Listen, in life, | 听着 人生中 |
[09:50] | there’s always going to be some girl in a bathroom calling you a slut, right? | 总是会有一些女孩子 在厕所里骂你是荡妇 对吧? |
[09:55] | But the trick is you don’t let somebody else define you. | 但关键是不能让别人定义你 |
[09:59] | When you do that, you give them your power. | 当你这么做的时候 就是把你的权力交到了别人手中 |
[10:03] | Yeah, you’re right. | 对 你说得对 |
[10:05] | That’s hella wise, Doc. I’m gonna go bitch those girls out. | 那话太明智了 医生 我要去把那些女孩臭骂一顿 |
[10:08] | You think I want you to go bitch some other children out? | 你以为我是要你去臭骂其他孩子吗? |
[10:11] | – Yeah. – No! | -对啊 -不对! |
[10:13] | I want you to ignore them. | 我想让你无视她们 |
[10:16] | So, do absolutely nothing? | 就是什么都不做? |
[10:18] | Absolutely nothing is an exercise in restraint. | 什么都不做就是锻炼克制力 |
[10:23] | I see. Take the high road. | 我知道了 走高尚路线 |
[10:25] | – Yes. – Sure. I could totally do that. | -是的 -当然 我完全可以做到 |
[10:27] | Good, because it would be very mature of you. | 很好 因为这是成熟的做法 |
[10:31] | It would be, and that is why I’m going to do exactly that. | 没错 我就是要成熟 |
[10:34] | I’m sure you will. | 我相信你会的 |
[10:36] | Guess what, you jealous bitches. I heard what you said about me in the bathroom. | 嫉妒的贱人们 给我听好了 我在厕所里听到你们说的话了 |
[10:39] | About your insane clothes? You look like a children’s performer. | 说你的着装很疯狂吗? 你看起来像给儿童表演的 |
[10:43] | I do not look like a children’s perform… | 我才不像给儿童表演的… |
[10:46] | Okay, there are a lot of primary colors. | 好吧 我身上是有很多原色 |
[10:49] | Anyways, I am not a slut, and for your information, | 不管怎样 我不是荡妇 而且听好了 |
[10:53] | Paxton and I have not had sex. | 帕克斯顿和我还没有上床 |
[10:55] | He likes me for my awesome personality. I’m… | 他是因为我品格突出才喜欢我的 我… |
[10:57] | Whoa, you and Paxton haven’t had sex yet? | 哇 你还没和帕克斯顿上床? |
[11:00] | – No. – Great. That means he’ll be single soon. | -没有 -很好 那就是说他很快就会单身了 |
[11:03] | Huh? | 啊? |
[11:04] | Sweetie, Paxton’s not gonna stay with someone who’s not having sex with him. | 亲爱的 帕克斯顿 不会留恋不跟他上床的人 |
[11:07] | He’s like a man. He got armpit hair when we were in fourth grade. | 他已经是成熟男人了 我们四年级的时候 他就长腋毛了 |
[11:11] | Yeah, he’s not gonna be satisfied by only touching boobs | 没错 只让他摸奶子 或在床上看古怪的抖音视频什么的 |
[11:14] | and watching quirky TikToks in bed or whatever. | 不会让他满足的 |
[11:16] | Aw, shit, Devi. That’s exactly what you and Paxton do. | 该死 德维 这就是你和帕克斯顿干的事 |
[11:20] | Ooh. Maybe he’ll ask me to prom. You guys want to look at dresses? | 也许他会请我当毕业舞会的舞伴 想看看礼服吗? |
[11:23] | – Yes. – REVOLVE app. | -好 -上REVOLVE购物程式 |
[11:25] | Oh my God, that is so cute. | 天哪 那太漂亮了 |
[11:27] | So, you want to go to dinner this weekend? | 这周末想去出去吃晚饭吗? |
[11:29] | Yeah, like heat up your mom’s leftovers and play Fortnite in your garage with Trent and Marcus? Sure. | 好啊 就是把你妈妈的剩菜加热 然后在你家车库 跟特伦特和马库斯玩《要塞英雄》? |
[11:34] | – Damn. Is that what our dates are like? – Mm-hmm. | 该死 我们的约会是这样的吗? |
[11:37] | That sucks. | 太不像话了 |
[11:39] | No, like a real date, like romantic. | 不 我们来一场真正的浪漫约会 |
[11:43] | Have you ever been to CPK? | 你去过CPK吗? |
[11:45] | CPK? Aka California Pizza Kitchen? | CPK?也就是加州披萨厨房? |
[11:48] | Only the preeminent fast-casual pizza chain in the US? | 不就是全美无与伦比的 休闲速食披萨连锁店吗? |
[11:52] | Now that’s a date. I wish I could go. | 那才是真正的约会 我要是能去就好了 |
[11:55] | Yeah, sure. I love pizza. | 好啊 当然了 我爱披萨 |
[11:58] | So, am I bringing a Lactaid for later, or am I just going home after? | 所以我要带上乳糖酶片留着之后吃 还是吃完就直接回家? |
[12:03] | I mean, we could hang out at my house after if you want. | 如果你想的话 之后我们可以在我家玩 |
[12:06] | Hmm. Great, great. Lactaid it is. | 很好 那我就带上乳糖酶片 |
[12:11] | If Devi was popping Lactaids and hanging out with Paxton after a meal, | 如果德维在吃完饭后吃乳糖酶片 留在帕克斯顿身边 |
[12:16] | that only meant one thing. | 那就意味着会发生一件事 |
[12:20] | I’m gonna have sex with Paxton this weekend. | 我这周末要和帕克斯顿做爱 |
[12:22] | Oh my… | 我的… |
[12:25] | I was waiting for Fabiola to say God, but I think she’s asleep. | 我在等着法比奥拉说“老天” 但我想她睡着了 |
[12:29] | Fab. Hello! You’re like snoozing during the most important news you’ve ever heard! | 喂 法比!你竟然在 最重要的新闻宣布之时打瞌睡! |
[12:33] | Sorry. I was up late talking to Eve in Seoul. | 对不起 我昨晚跟身在首尔的伊芙聊到很晚 |
[12:36] | I don’t know how much more I can take of this. | 我不知道还能忍多久 |
[12:40] | Hey, guess what? I could burp your name. | 嘿 你猜怎么着? 我可以打嗝着说出你的名字 |
[12:44] | Eleanor. | 埃莉诺 |
[12:48] | Well, that was sort of sweet, I guess. | 我想那也挺甜蜜的 |
[12:51] | Devi’s head was swimming. | 德维一头雾水 |
[12:53] | She was with the hottest boy in school, and it was becoming clear to her | 她跟学校里最帅的男孩在一起 她也开始明白 |
[12:56] | that certain sexual expectations went along with that. | 这段关系也伴随着一些性期待 |
[13:00] | Thank God she could just disappear into a normal class and not think about it. | 还好她可以消失在普通课堂上 把这事抛诸脑后 |
[13:16] | Good morning, young scholars. | 早上好 年轻的同学们 |
[13:18] | Get your draft cards ready because today we start our unit on… | 准备好你们的兵役登记卡 因为我们今天的课程… |
[13:24] | the Vietnam War. | 要从越南战争讲起 |
[13:25] | This is a story about an incredibly rash decision | 这个故事讲述的是 一个异常草率的决定 |
[13:30] | that ended in devastating consequences. | 带来了毁灭性的影响 |
[13:33] | We bowed down to pressure from others, | 我们会屈服于别人施加的压力 |
[13:35] | not because it was the right thing to do, | 并不是因为这是正确的事情 |
[13:37] | but because of our own precious egos. | 而是因为我们珍贵的自尊心 |
[13:40] | However, soon we realized we were in over our heads, | 但是我们很快就意识到 自己陷入了僵局 |
[13:43] | and our actions left us with nothing but embarrassment and shame. | 我们的行动带来的只有尴尬和屈辱 |
[13:47] | And by the time we pulled out, our innocence was lost. | 当我们退出时 已经不再清白了 |
[13:50] | Blood was everywhere. | 血流成河 |
[13:56] | That’s right, Devi. It is gasp-worthy. | 没错 德维 值得大家倒吸一口冷气 |
[13:59] | Your homework assignment. | 你们的作业 |
[14:02] | Listen to the Forrest Gump soundtrack. | 听《阿甘正传》的配乐 |
[14:04] | At least to the mid-’70s before Jenny gets into heroin. | 至少听到詹妮吸上海洛因之前的 70年代中期 |
[14:09] | Hey, Mr. Shapiro, another inspiring class. | 嘿 夏皮罗老师 又是一堂非常鼓舞人心的课 |
[14:12] | I actually felt like I was at the fall of Saigon. | 我感觉自己在西贡陷落的现场 |
[14:14] | Thank you. That was my goal. | 谢谢 我的目标达成了 |
[14:16] | Did you happen to get my email requesting additional extra credit? | 我给你发了邮件 要你给我额外的学分 你收到了吗? |
[14:19] | I did. Uh, unfortunately, the answer is no. | 我收到了 很不幸 我得拒绝你 |
[14:23] | What? Why? | 什么?为什么? |
[14:24] | To be honest, you’ve already got an A-triple-plus in my class. | 你已经在我的课上拿到了A+++ |
[14:27] | If I go any higher, I’ll need permission from the school board. | 我需要得到校董会的许可 才能给你更高分 |
[14:29] | Mr. Shapiro, I know that an A-triple-plus seems like a good grade for someone who went to… | 夏皮罗老师 对于一所一般的学校 A+++可能算是高分 比如… |
[14:34] | Sarah Lawrence. | 莎拉劳伦斯学院 |
[14:35] | Of course, but I am trying to get into an Ivy | 当然了 但我想进入一所常春藤院校 |
[14:38] | with an incredibly small acceptance rate, so I need a little help here. | 这些学校的录取率非常低 所以我需要你给我一点帮助 |
[14:43] | As insulting as this interaction has been, | 这次的对话侮辱了我 |
[14:45] | I’m gonna have to stick with my original decision. | 我必须坚持最初的决定 |
[14:47] | – No more extra credit, Ben. – Ugh. | 本 没有额外的学分 |
[14:50] | And Sarah Lawrence has a 53% acceptance rate. It’s pretty competitive. | 莎拉劳伦斯的录取率是53% 竞争也挺激烈的 |
[14:57] | Damn, that was crazy. | 该死 那太疯狂了 |
[14:58] | I know. Mr. Shapiro should be begging to grade my extra credit assignments. | 就是啊 夏皮罗老师应该求着我 给我额外学分的功课打分 |
[15:02] | My prose is freaking lyrical. | 我的散文非常抒情 |
[15:04] | No, I meant you. You were the crazy one. | 不 我说的是你 你才疯了 |
[15:06] | Me? | 我? |
[15:07] | You have to be intense about grades if you want to go to a good college. | 要想考上好大学 你必须激进地争取分数 |
[15:10] | Okay, wait. Have you not thought about where you want to go to college? | 你难道没有想过要上哪所大学吗? |
[15:14] | Not really. I figured I’d just go to Cal State Northridge where my cousins go. | 没想过 我去表亲们上的 加州州立大学北岭分校就好了 |
[15:18] | Wow. Well, I want to go to Columbia like Barack Obama and Jake Gyllenhaal. | 哇 我想上哥伦比亚大学 就像巴拉克·奥巴马 和杰克·吉伦哈尔一样 |
[15:23] | We had our Bar Mitzvahs at the same temple. | 我们是在同一座犹太教堂 举行受戒礼的 |
[15:25] | Jake and me, not President Obama. | 是杰克和我 不是奥巴马总统 |
[15:28] | Ah. Sounds cool. Maybe I’ll apply there too. | 听起来不错 也许我也可以申请那所大学 |
[15:32] | What? | 什么? |
[15:37] | – Kamala? – Hi. I brought cashew brittle. | -卡玛拉? -嗨 我带来了腰果脆糖 |
[15:41] | It’s delicious, and it’s on the pricier end of their offerings. | 很好吃 而且这种算是贵的 |
[15:44] | I have a deadly nut allergy. | 我对坚果过敏 严重时会致命 |
[15:45] | Was your purpose to kill me after humiliating me in front of my family? | 你在我的家人面前羞辱我 现在还想谋杀我吗? |
[15:49] | Prashant, wait. | 普拉桑特 等等 |
[15:51] | I am so sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[15:53] | I just panicked. | 我只是慌了 |
[15:55] | My grandmother and my aunt convinced me that you were going to propose. | 我的奶奶和阿姨 都让我相信你打算向我求婚 |
[15:58] | I was going to propose. | 我本来是想求婚的 |
[16:00] | – You were? – Yeah. | -是吗? -对 |
[16:01] | Why do you think I brought my parents here? To see Universal Studios? | 你以为我带我父母来干什么? 去环球影城玩吗? |
[16:04] | They’ve been to the better one in Orlando. | 奥兰多那家更好 他们已经去过了 |
[16:06] | – Oh. – Why are you here, Kamala? | 你来干什么 卡玛拉? |
[16:09] | To win you back? | 为了把你的心赢回来? |
[16:11] | I don’t think you actually want me back. | 我不觉得你真心想要我回来 |
[16:14] | Sure, I do. You’re such a great catch. | 我当然想了 你条件那么优越 |
[16:16] | I know I am. | 我知道我条件好 |
[16:17] | But, apparently, the thought of me proposing to you made you flee. | 但我向你求婚却把你吓跑了 |
[16:20] | I’m ready for marriage. | 我做好了结婚的准备 |
[16:21] | I want to take that next step and to have a family. | 我想要走下一步 拥有一个家庭 |
[16:24] | And I thought you did too. | 我以为你也是这么想的 |
[16:25] | I do theoretically, but I still have my fears. | 理论上我是这么想的 但我还是害怕 |
[16:29] | Honestly, I didn’t love the advice you gave me about my work. | 老实说 我不喜欢你对我的工作 所提出的建议 |
[16:32] | And I worry that that means you won’t support me professionally. | 我担心你不会在职业上支持我 |
[16:34] | And sometimes, when I picture our wedding, I feel physically ill. | 有时当我想象我们的婚礼 就会感到生理上的不适 |
[16:37] | But that doesn’t mean that I want to lose what we have. | 但那不代表我想失去 我们所拥有的感情 |
[16:40] | From what you just told me, I don’t think we have anything. | 根据你跟我说的话 我觉得我们之间没有任何感情 |
[16:43] | No, that’s not true. | 不 不是那样的 |
[16:45] | I mean, we have terrific sexual chemistry. | 我是说我们在性的方面很来电 |
[16:48] | I would agree with that. | 我同意 |
[16:51] | Okay, look, maybe it’s true that I don’t necessarily want to marry you, | 好吧 也许我不一定想跟你结婚 |
[16:54] | but it might just be that I don’t want to marry anyone. | 但可能是因为我不想跟任何人结婚 |
[16:59] | Well, then it’s probably better that we know that now. | 那我们最好现在弄清楚 |
[17:03] | Goodbye, Kamala. | 再见 卡玛拉 |
[17:09] | I can’t believe I’m gonna lose my virginity tonight. | 我今晚要破处了 真是难以置信 |
[17:11] | Okay, and we assume you’ve already called the PTA meeting. | 好的 我们假定你已经处理了PTA事宜 |
[17:14] | PTA meeting? What’s that? | PTA事宜是什么? |
[17:16] | Pits, tits, and ass. | 腋窝、乳房和屁股 |
[17:18] | You gotta keep it fresh in there. | 你得保持那些部位的清新 |
[17:19] | God, I hate knowing that acronym. | 天啊 我可不想知道那个缩略语 |
[17:21] | Yes, my PTA are squeaky clean. | 是的 我的PTA干干净净 |
[17:23] | I wiped them down with old alcohol wipes from when I got barbecue take out. | 以前叫烧烤外卖剩下的酒精湿巾 都被我用来清洁这些地方了 |
[17:27] | It hurt like a bitch, but thanks for helping me get ready, guys. | 痛得要死 但谢谢你们帮我做好准备 |
[17:30] | It really means a… | 这真的意义… |
[17:31] | Fab! What the hell? | 法比!搞什么鬼啊! |
[17:33] | Congratulations on doing sex. We are so proud of you. | 恭喜你要做爱了 我们为你感到骄傲 |
[17:36] | Dude, you can’t keep doing this long-distance thing. It’s not healthy. | 姐们 你不能一直谈异地恋 这样不健康 |
[17:39] | Yes, I can. | 我可以啊 |
[17:40] | I love Eve, and it’ll be so worth it when I can visit her in 60 months | 我爱伊芙 我需要60个月的时间来攒够机票钱 |
[17:44] | after I’ve saved up my allowance for airfare. | 等我飞过去看她时 一切就值得了 |
[17:46] | Mm-hmm. I don’t know, guys. It’s weird. | 我说不准 那很奇怪 |
[17:49] | I’m obviously mega horny for Paxton, but kissing to intercourse in two weeks? | 我对帕克斯顿显然感到非常饥渴 但短短两周 就要从接吻进展到性交了? |
[17:53] | Isn’t that kind of fast? | 是不是有点操之过急了? |
[17:55] | So don’t have sex with him. I’m not having sex with Ben. | 那你就别跟他上床啊 我不会跟本上床的 |
[17:58] | Oh, that’s interesting. | 有意思了 |
[18:00] | Not to me personally, but for this group of girls. | 觉得有意思的不是我本人 而是这几个女孩 |
[18:03] | Devi, you don’t have to do it if you aren’t ready. | 德维 要是你还没准备好 那你就不必跟他上床 |
[18:05] | But Shira, Zoe, and Carley said | 但希拉、佐伊和卡丽说 |
[18:07] | that Paxton won’t stay with a girl who doesn’t have sex with him. | 帕克斯顿不会留恋不跟他上床的女孩 |
[18:11] | Don’t listen to them. They don’t know anything. | 别听她们的 她们什么都不知道 |
[18:13] | Thanks, Fab. | 谢谢 法比 |
[18:14] | Even if they’re right, what’s the worst that can happen? | 即使她们对了 最坏又能怎样? |
[18:16] | Paxton dumps you, and your popularity plummets into the toilet again. | 帕克斯顿把你甩了 你的人气再次被冲下马桶? |
[18:20] | So what? Isn’t your integrity more important? | 那又怎么样? 难道诚实对待自己不是更重要的吗? |
[18:23] | Also, many sexless people have very fulfilling lives. | 而且很多无性生活的人 都过着很充实的人生 |
[18:27] | They just channel their extra energy into other pursuits. | 他们只是把多余的能量 引导到其他追求上 |
[18:30] | Like, you could raise bees. | 比如说你可以养蜜蜂 |
[18:32] | Raise bees? | 养蜜蜂? |
[18:34] | Gonna be honest, guys, this advice low-key sucks. | 说实话 朋友们 这个建议太糟糕了 |
[18:36] | Sorry. I don’t know why I’m freaking out. | 抱歉 我不知道我为什么这么激动 |
[18:39] | I’ve wanted to have sex with Paxton forever, | 我一直都想和帕克斯顿做爱 |
[18:41] | and it’s probably gonna be some magical deflowering that I write a poem about or some shit. | 而且这场失贞经历可能很奇妙 会让我诗兴大发之类的 |
[18:46] | I’m gonna do it. | 我要这么做 |
[18:47] | Yes, queen! And now, the most important question. | 太好了 女王!最重要的问题来了 |
[18:50] | What is your panty situation? | 你的内裤状况如何? |
[18:51] | Mmm. Boy shorts with South Park characters on it. | 平角内裤 上面画着《南方公园》的人物 |
[18:54] | The fly is Cartman’s mouth. | 正前面是卡特曼的嘴 |
[18:57] | Right. I know how to fix this. | 好的 我知道怎么解决这个问题 |
[19:02] | Ooh la la. | 哦哟 |
[19:05] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[19:07] | Uh… | |
[19:08] | Your laundry. | 收拾你要洗的衣服 |
[19:10] | I know that’s a lie. You don’t even know where the washer/dryer is. | 我知道你在骗我 你都不知道洗衣机和干衣机在哪儿 |
[19:12] | Uh, yeah, I do. | 我知道 |
[19:14] | I want to say… kitchen? | 是在厨房吧? |
[19:18] | Okay. Fine. | 好了 好吧 |
[19:19] | I needed to borrow some sexy underwear because I’m dating someone. | 我要借一条性感的内裤 因为我要去约会 |
[19:23] | Yes, Paxton. I know. | 是帕克斯顿 我知道 |
[19:25] | I’ve run into him a few times in our Jack and Jill bathroom. | 我在我们的共用浴室里遇到过他几次 |
[19:27] | You’re lucky your mom doesn’t know that you’re dating him. | 你妈不知道你在跟他约会 算你走运 |
[19:30] | Wait, why do you need… | 等等 你为什么需要… |
[19:32] | Oh my God, Devi. | 天啊 德维 |
[19:35] | Are you going to have sex? | 你们是要上床吗? |
[19:36] | – Is he pressuring you? – No. | -他逼你了吗? -没有 |
[19:38] | – I want to. I’m excited about it. – Uh-huh. | 我想这么做 我很期待 |
[19:42] | Sit down. Let’s talk. | 坐下 我们谈谈 |
[19:45] | Devi, sex is a big deal. | 德维 性是件大事 |
[19:47] | When you sleep with someone, you’re the most vulnerable you’ll ever be. | 你和别人上床时 会展现出最脆弱的一面 |
[19:51] | And if you rush into that, you could get really hurt. | 如果你急着发生性关系 就可能会深深受伤 |
[19:54] | Like, down there? | 下面受伤吗? |
[19:56] | No, Devi, like, emotionally. | 不 德维 是情感上受伤 |
[19:58] | Ah. | |
[20:00] | I’ve learned the hard way | 我是吃过苦头才知道 |
[20:01] | that you shouldn’t do anything on anyone’s schedule but your own. | 你不能按别人的时间表去行事 应该按自己的步伐走 |
[20:04] | Are you talking about Prashant? | 你是指普拉桑特吗? |
[20:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[20:08] | I’m not going to marry him because I’m not ready. | 我不打算跟他结婚 因为我还没准备好 |
[20:11] | And you shouldn’t have sex yet unless you’re ready. | 你要是没做好准备 也不应该跟别人做爱 |
[20:14] | The problem was, Devi, like most teenagers, | 问题是 德维和大多数青少年一样 |
[20:17] | had no idea what she was ready for. | 不知道自己准备好了没有 |
[20:19] | All she knew was that she was certainly not ready to be dumped. | 她一清二楚的 只有她还没准备好被甩 |
[20:23] | I’m not trying to be mean. | 我说这话不是想伤害你 |
[20:24] | I’m just saying I’ve never seen anyone eat that much pizza. | 我只是想说 我从没见过有人吃这么多披萨 |
[20:27] | It’s almost like you were trying to stall before you were coming home with me. | 让人感觉你不想跟我回家 在设法拖延时间 |
[20:32] | Stall? Are you crazy? | 拖延时间?你疯了吗? |
[20:34] | Why would I want to delay the momentous night we have ahead? | 我为什么要延迟 即将到来的重要夜晚? |
[20:37] | ♪ Clementine ♪ | |
[20:39] | ♪ Trying to erase you ♪ | |
[20:41] | ♪ From my spotless mind ♪ | |
[20:43] | ♪ Hit fast-forward But I’m stuck in rewind ♪ | |
[20:48] | ♪ Trying to erase you ♪ | |
[20:50] | ♪ Clementine… ♪ | |
[20:51] | – Ow. Ow, ow. My ear, my ear! Ow, ow. – Oh, oh, oh. | 我的耳朵呀! |
[20:56] | You good? | 你没事吧? |
[20:57] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[20:59] | Totally good. Don’t know why I decided to wear statement earrings. | 我非常好 不知道我为什么要戴夸张大耳环 |
[21:03] | ♪ Ferrari white tears You cut ’em up in the mirror ♪ | |
[21:07] | ♪ Now she’s moving on But I’m still here… ♪ | |
[21:11] | I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[21:12] | ♪ You’re cutting me loose I’m kinda confused… ♪ | |
[21:16] | I’m ready. Just put it in and get it over with. | 我准备好了 放进去 然后速战速决吧 |
[21:23] | Paxton? | 帕克斯顿? |
[21:26] | Hey, wha… what’s up? | 嘿 怎么了? |
[21:28] | Why’d you stop? | 你怎么停下了? |
[21:30] | I’m so close. | 我这么近 |
[21:32] | Devi, your hands were in tight little fists. | 德维 你的双手紧紧攥着小拳头 |
[21:35] | And you were so stressed out, I think I heard you crack a tooth. | 你压力很大 我好像听到你把牙都咬崩了 |
[21:39] | Wha… Um… | |
[21:42] | I don’t think I’m ready to have sex. | 我好像还没做好做爱的准备 |
[21:46] | I understand if you want to break up with me. | 如果你想跟我分手 我也能理解 |
[21:48] | I know you don’t date girls who don’t put out, so it’s cool. | 我知道你不会跟不愿上床的女生约会 所以没关系 |
[21:52] | That’s not true. I can go slow. | 不是这样的 我可以慢慢来 |
[21:55] | Okay, but what does going slow mean to you? | 好吧 但慢慢来 对你来说意味着什么? |
[21:58] | Like non-stop 69ing? ‘Cause I don’t want to do that. | 不停地互舔吗?我不想那么做 |
[22:00] | What? No. | 什么?不是 |
[22:05] | Look, Devi, I only want to do what you’re comfortable with. | 听着 我只想做让你觉得舒适的事情 |
[22:09] | Well, what if what I’m comfortable with | 好吧 如果让我觉得舒适的 |
[22:12] | is just going to second base during scary movies? | 只是在看恐怖电影时抚摸身体? |
[22:16] | – Then I’m cool with that. – Really? | -我觉得没问题啊 -真的吗? |
[22:18] | Yeah. | 对 |
[22:21] | – You want to watch some TikToks? – Yeah. | -你想看抖音视频吗? -好啊 |
[22:26] | So we decided to take it slow. | 所以我们决定慢慢来 |
[22:28] | He didn’t even get to see the G-string I made out of my shoelace. | 他甚至没看到我用鞋带做的丁字裤 |
[22:30] | – That’s awesome, Devi. – Good for you. | -太棒了 德维 -我替你感到高兴 |
[22:32] | I mean, we did silkscreen this “Plowed by Paxton” t-shirt for you, | 虽然我们帮你印了一件 “被帕克斯顿上了”的上衣 |
[22:36] | but I guess I can give it to someone else who had sex with him. I’m proud of you. | 但我把衣服送给 其他被他上过的女生就好了 我为你骄傲 |
[22:40] | Apricot conditioner, so no flaking. | 杏桃护发素 这样就不会掉头屑了 |
[22:43] | So, any updates on Trent? | 特伦特那边有进展吗? |
[22:45] | Ugh! No, I’ve given up on him. He ghosted me on text. | 不 我已经放弃他了 他在短信上跟我玩失踪 |
[22:49] | I guess I misread the signals. | 我应该是误读了信号 |
[22:51] | Here are your graded pop quizzes on the Tet Offensive. | 关于越战新春攻势的突击测验 已经出成绩了 现在发给你们 |
[22:55] | And, frankly, what I find offensive is how ill-prepared so many of you were. | 坦白说 你们准备得非常不充分 让我深受打击 |
[23:01] | I guess I’ll have to go back to teaching with textbooks | 我想我得回到用教科书教学 |
[23:04] | instead of the films of Robert Zemeckis. | 不能再借助 罗伯特·泽米吉斯的电影了 |
[23:07] | I got a flat 100? | 我才拿了100分? |
[23:08] | But I wrote an extra page on LBJ’s inability to de-escalate the war | 但我还多写了一页 论述林登·约翰逊总统没能缓解战争 |
[23:12] | and Lady Bird Johnson’s lack of fashion compared to Jackie O’s. | 还有小瓢虫·约翰逊 比起杰基·肯尼迪欠缺时尚品味 |
[23:15] | I told you, Ben, no more extra credit. | 我跟你说过了 没有额外的学分 |
[23:18] | An 82? A freaking 82? | 82分?才他妈的82分? |
[23:21] | Hey, I also got an 82! Ha! We’re the same. | 嘿 我也拿到了82分! 我们分数一样耶 |
[23:24] | Eleanor, up top! | 埃莉诺 击个掌吧! |
[23:27] | I don’t know how this happened. I’ve never gotten below an A before. | 我不知道怎么会这样 我从来没拿过低于A的分数 |
[23:32] | In that moment, Fabiola knew what she had to do. | 在那一刻 法比奥拉知道自己该做什么了 |
[23:38] | Hey, I think we should talk. | 嘿 我觉得我们应该谈谈 |
[23:42] | Sure, would 2:30 a.m. your time work? | 好啊 你那边凌晨两点半行不? |
[23:45] | Ooh, an 84. Suck on that, Trent. | 我拿到84分 你要加把劲啊 特伦特 |
[23:57] | Eleanor! | 埃莉诺! |
[24:00] | How could you leave me hanging back there with my high five? | 你怎么能冷落我 不跟我击掌呢? |
[24:03] | It cuts me deep that my girl would do that to me. | 我的女孩竟然那样对我 让我深深受伤了 |
[24:05] | Um, I’m sorry. Your girl? | 你说什么?你的女孩? |
[24:08] | Are we dating? | 我们在交往吗? |
[24:09] | Because you haven’t texted me back in forever. | 你一直都没有回复我的短信 |
[24:11] | Oh, that’s because I changed my number. | 哦 那是因为我换了号码 |
[24:13] | I found out that 1-800-0FS-GIVEN became available. | 我查到1-800-我他妈毫不在乎 这个号码可以用了 |
[24:16] | Not that I even give an f. | 虽然我也不是很在乎这个号码 |
[24:18] | Okay, so just to clarify, you have a toll-free cell phone number? | 说清楚点儿 你有免付费电话号码了? |
[24:22] | – Yeah. – And you like me? | -对 -你还喜欢我? |
[24:24] | Romantically? | 想谈恋爱? |
[24:25] | Yeah. | 对 |
[24:27] | Okay, because that wasn’t really clear before. | 好吧 因为之前你没有表明意思 |
[24:29] | Oh, well, let me be clear then. | 那现在就让我表明意思吧 |
[24:35] | ♪ Don’t wanna call But I’m thinkin’ ’bout you ♪ | |
[24:40] | ♪ Can’t help it if I do ♪ | |
[24:43] | ♪ Don’t wanna call… ♪ | |
[24:46] | – Wow. – Sick. | -哇 -太赞了 |
[24:50] | – Hey. – Hi. | -嘿 -嗨 |
[24:53] | Well, how’s everything going? | 一切都还好吗? |
[24:54] | The, you know… | 就是说那个… |
[24:59] | Things are really good. | 一切都发展得挺顺利的 |
[25:02] | Good. Since you’re a late bloomer, | 很好 既然你发育比同龄人迟钝 |
[25:04] | I just wanted to offer my advice | 我想给你一点建议 |
[25:06] | as someone with more romantic and sexual experience. | 毕竟我的恋爱和性经验都比你丰富 |
[25:09] | – Mmm. How kind of you. – Yeah, no problem. | -你可真善良啊 -对啊 没问题 |
[25:13] | Great, well, all right. I’ll, uh, see you later, David. | 很好 那待会见 大卫 |
[25:16] | Mmm. | |
[25:20] | Hey! You three! | 喂!你们三个听着! |
[25:22] | I want to let you guys know that Paxton and I decided to take things slow | 我想让你们知道 帕克斯顿和我决定要慢慢发展 |
[25:26] | because we are in a mature, committed, respectful relationship | 因为我们正处于 一段成熟、坚定、互相尊重的关系 |
[25:30] | that the three of you would never understand. | 你们三个永远都不会理解的 |
[25:33] | What? We didn’t hear you because we had in our earbuds. | 什么?我们戴了耳塞 没听到你说什么 |
[25:37] | I was just saying that Paxton and I are taking things slow, and we’re good. | 我只是说帕克斯顿和我 决定慢慢发展 我们处得挺好的 |
[25:42] | Okay. | 好的 |
[25:44] | It’s just that you said some pretty mean stuff about us before, so… | 你们之前说了很刻薄的话 来评价我们 所以… |
[25:47] | – I don’t think so. Doesn’t sound like us. – Mm-mm. | 不会吧?听起来不像我们说的 |
[25:49] | No, you definitely did. | 你们绝对说了 |
[25:51] | She said we’re not mean. | 她说了我们并不刻薄 |
[25:52] | And you labeling us that makes you a bully. | 你给我们贴上了刻薄的标签 就说明你欺人太甚 |
[25:55] | The prettiest girls at school are always the ones people bully. | 学校里最漂亮的女生 总是会受人欺负 |
[25:57] | Mm-hmm. | |
[25:59] | Right then Devi learned a valuable lesson. | 那一刻德维学到了宝贵的一课 |
[26:02] | She was nothing to these girls. | 这些女孩根本不把她放在眼里 |
[26:04] | So maybe what they said should mean nothing to her. | 也许她也不该把她们说的话放心上 |
[26:08] | Thank you. I got a lot out of this conversation. | 谢谢 我从这场谈话中领悟颇深 |
[26:11] | – Great chat. – Bye. | -聊得很开心 -再见 |
[26:12] | – Great stuff. Bye. – Bye. | -挺棒的 再见 -再见 |
[26:15] | So, Devi, how was your evening last night? Was it eventful? | 德维 你昨晚过得如何? 发生了什么有趣的事吗? |
[26:20] | It was not. I did not consummate my plans. | 没呢 我没有完成计划 |
[26:23] | What is this? Why are you both talking weird? | 怎么回事? 你们两个说话怎么怪怪的? |
[26:26] | Nothing, Mom. | 没什么 妈妈 |
[26:28] | – Yo! We got idli and sambar? Noice! – Mm-hmm. | 哟!有蒸米浆糕吃?不错! |
[26:30] | That definitely sounds more normal. | 那话听起来更正常了 |
[26:32] | So, Nirmala Mami, how was your water aerobics class this morning? | 尼玛拉妈妈 你今早的水上健美操课上得如何? |
[26:36] | You still floating away, or did you find a way to anchor yourself? | 你还是漂来漂去 或终于找到办法控制方向了? |
[26:38] | Nobody cares, Nalu. | 没人在乎 娜露 |
[26:39] | Kamala, did you talk to Prashant? | 卡玛拉 你和普拉桑特谈过了吗? |
[26:42] | Is the wedding on or not? | 到底还要不要举行婚礼? |
[26:44] | Because we need to start booking flights for family coming from India. | 因为我们需要开始 为从印度飞过来的家人订机票了 |
[26:48] | I did speak to Prashant. It was an illuminating conversation, | 我和普拉桑特谈过了 对话醍醐灌顶 |
[26:52] | and I think we came to a mutual agreement which we are both very happy with. | 我觉得我们达成了令双方满意的共识 |
[26:56] | We have decided to not move forward with our relationship. | 我们决定不再进一步发展了 |
[26:59] | But I think it’s going to be a positive thing for me, because… | 但我相信这对我有好处 因为我… |
[27:02] | Oh, you do? I’m glad to hear it, because I’m never speaking to you again. | 真的吗?我很高兴能听到你这么说 因为我以后都不要再跟你说话了 |
[27:07] | Devi, you are my only granddaughter now. Enjoy. | 德维 你现在是我唯一的外孙女了 祝你吃得开心 |
[27:14] | All right, Mami… | 好了 妈妈… |
[27:15] | Okay, well, things were looking up. | 情况有所好转嘛 |
[27:17] | Devi was somehow, for the first time, the family favorite. | 这是德维史上第一次 成为了这个家最受宠的孩子 |
[27:20] | She was in a healthy relationship with her dream guy, | 她正在跟梦中情人谈一场健康的恋爱 |
[27:23] | and she had learned to ignore all the haters. | 她也学会了无视攻击她的人 |
[27:26] | You better watch out, Devi. | 你最好小心点 德维 |
[27:28] | Paxton Hall-Yoshida is not who you think he is. | 帕克斯顿·霍尔-吉田 和你想象的不一样 |
[27:31] | Yeah, it’s gonna be hard to ignore that. | 是啊 但很难无视这条信息 |
[27:35] | ♪ Yeah, I hear wedding bells ♪ | |
[27:41] | ♪ But they’re not for me ♪ | |
[27:48] | ♪ They’re for my best friend ♪ | |
[27:55] | ♪ And your best friend ♪ | |
[28:01] | ♪ Yeah, I hear wedding bells ♪ | |
[28:09] | ♪ Yeah, I hear wedding bells ♪ | |
[28:14] | ♪ But they’re not for you ♪ |