时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | [upbeat music playing] | |
[00:11] | -[school bell ringing] -[woman] Well, hello there, Crickets. | |
[00:13] | It’s time once again to take a ride | 又是时候 |
[00:15] | in the cool-as-shit brain of Paxton Hall-Yoshida. | 坐上帕克斯顿·霍尔-吉田 酷酷的大脑这辆车去兜兜风了 |
[00:18] | And I, of course, am your driver, Gigi Hadid. | 而我当然就是 你们的司机吉吉·哈迪德 |
[00:21] | After Paxton had reminded these twerps that he was still king of this jungle, | 自从帕克斯顿提醒这些蠢货 他仍然是这片丛林的王以后 |
[00:25] | things have been going great. | 一切都很顺利 |
[00:26] | He was invited to every rager, kegger, and kickback. | 各种派对大家都会邀请他去参加 |
[00:29] | And honestly, he had all but forgotten about ASU. | 说真的 他几乎忘记了 亚利桑那州立大学的事 |
[00:32] | Yo, you down to scrunch some lunch later? | 哟 待会儿要一起去吃午餐吗? |
[00:34] | You know it. Scrunch Bunch. | 好啊 |
[00:37] | [Trent grunts] | 一起干饭去 |
[00:39] | [Hadid] He was basically getting to live his same high school life, | 他基本上过着跟读高中时一样的生活 |
[00:42] | but with a nicer bathroom. | 只不过有了更棒的卫生间 |
[00:44] | And all he had to do was coach a little swimming and show up | 而他要做的事就是教一下游泳 |
[00:47] | to a few mandatory staff meetings, like this one. | 和参加一些不得不去的教职工会议 就像这个一样 |
[00:49] | So I’m looking for a few more volunteers to take calls on the teen help hotline. | 所以我想再找几个自愿的人 来帮忙接听青少年求助热线的电话 |
[00:53] | So far, it’s just me and Lyle. | 目前就只有我和莱尔在做这事 |
[00:54] | Some days, it feels like the students help me more than I help them. | 有时候 我感觉 学生们对我的帮助比我对他们的还多 |
[00:58] | That has overwhelmingly been the case. | 绝大多数情况都是那样 |
[01:01] | Another reason why I’m looking for anyone else to help out. Please. | 这是另一个我希望 |
[01:06] | [staff murmuring] | 有其他人来帮忙的原因 |
[01:07] | [coughing, clearing throat] | 拜托了 |
[01:09] | Awesome. Okay. | 很好 好吧 |
[01:11] | Thank you. And my apologies, Miss Thompson. | 谢谢 很抱歉 汤普森老师 |
[01:15] | Okay, a few more announcements. | 好了 我还有几件事要宣布 |
[01:17] | The bird’s nest in the cafeteria | 自助餐厅里的那个鸟巢 |
[01:18] | apparently belongs to the rare horned grebe, | 似乎是珍稀的角䴙䴘的 |
[01:21] | and the state of California forbids us from relocating it. | 而加州政府禁止我们把它移到别处 |
[01:25] | [Hadid] There were occasional reminders that Paxton’s current life | 偶尔会有些事情 提醒帕克斯顿 他目前的生活 |
[01:27] | wasn’t exactly what he’d planned for himself, | 跟当初他所计划的不太一样 |
[01:29] | but he was good at stuffing those feelings of regret deep down inside | 但是他很擅长 把那些后悔的情绪咽进肚子里 |
[01:33] | until they were nothing more than a little indigestion. | 直到除了有点消化不良 它们不再让他难受 |
[01:35] | And finally, a reminder | 最后 再提醒大家一件事 |
[01:38] | that our Cuisines of The World faculty potluck is coming up. | 我们马上就要举行 以世界美食为主题的教职工聚餐了 |
[01:42] | Now, let’s see what country’s food we’ll be sampling now. | 我们来看看 我们会抽到哪个国家的美食吧 |
[01:45] | Ah. Luxembourg. Oh! What the hell do they eat there? | 卢森堡 那里的人都吃些什么鬼啊? |
[01:50] | -Dibs on bringing the bouneschlupp. -It’s all yours. | -我要带卢森堡式青豆土豆汤 -全由你负责吧 |
[01:52] | Meeting adjourned, | 散会 |
[01:53] | and, uh, you guys get out there | 你们可以离开了 |
[01:56] | and have whatever kind of day you can scrape together. | 然后你们爱干什么干什么去吧 |
[01:58] | [indistinct chatter] | 帕克斯顿 |
[02:00] | Oh! Pax… ton, uh, can I interest you in going in on a dish together? | 你有没有兴趣一起做一道菜? |
[02:06] | I find collaboration is the… the key to cultural understanding. | 我发现合作是文化理解的关键 |
[02:10] | Also, the pot is very heavy. | 更何况 那锅子非常重 |
[02:12] | Sorry, Mr. Shapiro, not gonna make it. | 对不起 夏皮罗老师 我没办法帮你 |
[02:14] | But maybe next time? | 要不下次吧? |
[02:16] | Mmm, don’t get your hopes up, Lyle. | 别抱太大希望 莱尔 |
[02:18] | You know, there’s this crazy coincidence | 每次有教职工的社交活动 |
[02:20] | where his schedule conflicts with every faculty social event. | 他都没空参加 这巧合程度堪称惊人 |
[02:22] | What can I say? I’m a busy guy. | 我能说什么呢?我是个大忙人 |
[02:24] | [laughs] | |
[02:26] | [Hadid] Yeah, he was a busy guy. | 没错 他的确是个大忙人 |
[02:28] | Busy ruling this friggin’ school. | 他要忙着统治这所操蛋的学校 |
[02:30] | Not to jinx it, but we might be looking at the first faculty member | 我不是要乌鸦嘴 可我们眼前看到的这位可能是 |
[02:33] | to be voted prom king. [“Heavy” by Princesss playing] ♪ Don’t you feel heavy ♪ ♪ Don’t you feel heavy tonight… ♪ | 首位被选为舞会之王的教职工 |
[02:41] | [indistinct chatter] ♪ Will I ever come down Ever come down again ♪ [whistle blows] | 好想做一次…遭遇身份危机 |
[02:48] | All right, listen up. | 好了 听着 |
[02:49] | Welcome to this year’s swim team tryouts. | 欢迎大家来参加今年的游泳队选拔赛 |
[02:51] | The rules are simple. Fastest times make the team. | 规则很简单 游得最快的几个人将会入选 |
[02:54] | Doesn’t matter how pretty you are, so some of you can stop flexing. | 我们不看你们有多好看 |
[02:57] | [Eric laughing loudly] | 所以你们中的有些人可以不用炫耀了 |
[03:00] | Oh yeah, this is where it happens. | 好 这就是我要大展身手的地方了 |
[03:03] | Let’s do this. | 我们开始吧 |
[03:05] | Eric. You’re back. | 埃里克 你又来了啊 |
[03:06] | Wouldn’t miss it for the world. No cap. Loving my chances this year. | 我是无论如何都不会错过这个的 说真的 我感觉我今年很有机会 |
[03:10] | [Hadid] Eric Perkins had tried out for the swim team every year. | 埃里克·珀金斯 每年都会来参加游泳队的选拔赛 |
[03:13] | And each year, he’d failed to make the cut. | 每年他都无法入选 |
[03:15] | But at least he took the rejection well. | 可至少他都能坦然接受 |
[03:17] | Why, God?! | 为什么啊 老天爷? |
[03:18] | Cool, man. Good luck. | 很好 哥们 祝你好运 |
[03:21] | All right, they’re ready when you are. | 好 他们准备好了 就等你发令了 |
[03:23] | Pax, why don’t you run this? | 帕克斯 不如由你来发令吧? |
[03:27] | All right. | 好了 |
[03:28] | First heat, you’re up. On my whistle. | 第一组的人 要开始咯 听我的哨声 |
[03:32] | Get set. | 预备 |
[03:34] | [whistle blowing] | |
[03:35] | [Eric grunts] | |
[03:40] | [grunting] | |
[03:42] | [gasping] | |
[03:43] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[03:48] | What up, boys? Back up, back up. | 你们好吗 小伙子们?退后一点 |
[03:53] | Yes! | 太好了! |
[03:54] | [student] Come on, man. | 噢 |
[03:57] | -Ugh! -Yes! I knew it! | 拜托 |
[04:00] | [students murmuring] | 太好了!我就知道! |
[04:01] | [Hadid] Oh boy, here we go. Earplugs in. | 噢 天啊 要来了 快戴上耳塞 (游泳就是生命) |
[04:05] | Or not? | 也许不用戴? |
[04:06] | Hey, man, sorry it didn’t work out. | 嘿 哥们 很抱歉你没能入选 |
[04:09] | [Hadid] Come on, Pax, hit him with some of that effortless charm. | 拜托 帕克斯 用你那天生具有的魅力来安慰他啊 |
[04:12] | The kid’s hurting. | 这孩子的心伤透了 |
[04:13] | I think it’s cool that you kept trying, | 你不放弃努力这点很了不起 |
[04:15] | but maybe there’s like a rec league at a local municipal pool? | 但本地的市民泳池 也许会有娱乐性的联赛? |
[04:18] | I don’t wanna swim with some run-of-the-mill dillholes. | 我不想跟一群平庸之辈一起游泳 |
[04:21] | I wanna swim as a Cricket. Maybe you could ask Coach for a redo. | 我想以蟋蟀的身份去游泳 也许你可以让教练给我重赛一次 |
[04:24] | Eric, come on, man. | 埃里克 拜托 哥们 |
[04:26] | You try out every year, and every year, the same thing happens. | 你每年都参加选拔赛 而每年都是一样的结果 |
[04:29] | I mean, to even get close, you’d need, like, some serious training. | 你哪怕是想接近入选 都得经过严格的训练 |
[04:32] | You wanna train me? Oh my God, yes. | 你想要训练我吗?噢 天啊 好啊 |
[04:35] | -What? -Wow. | -什么? -哇 |
[04:37] | Maybe you’re the angel my grandma said she’d send me. | 说不定你就是 我奶奶说过会派来守护我的天使 |
[04:39] | Look, I’m sorry, I… I didn’t mean I would train you. | 听着 对不起 我的意思不是我要训练你 |
[04:41] | But I’ll do anything. | 但我什么都愿意 |
[04:43] | Do you… Do you want my duct-tape wallet? My Dave & Buster’s points? | 你要我那用胶带做的钱包吗? 我的玩乐餐厅积分呢? |
[04:45] | How about one night with my girlfriend Rosalia? | 要不让我女朋友罗萨莉亚 跟你睡一晚? |
[04:48] | She’s brought it up independently, so I think she’d be down for it. | 这事她自己提出过 所以我想她会乐意的 |
[04:51] | Oh! I don’t wanna sleep with your girlfriend, dude. | 我不想跟你的女朋友上床 兄弟 |
[04:54] | That’s really not something you should be offering people. | 你不该拿这样的事当条件提供给别人 |
[04:57] | Please, Paxton. | 拜托了 帕克斯顿 |
[04:58] | This is my greatest dream, and I know I can do it with some help. | 这是我最大的梦想 而我知道 只要有人帮我 我是可以实现的 |
[05:02] | I just… | 我只是 |
[05:04] | I don’t want everyone to think of me as a failure. | 不想让所有人都认为我是个失败者 |
[05:07] | [Hadid] And here was the one way Paxton and Eric were the same. | 而这点就是 帕克斯顿和埃里克的共同之处 |
[05:11] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[05:12] | Maybe I could meet up with you a couple times after school? | 也许放学后 我可以给你上几课吧? |
[05:14] | Couple ti… Yes! Yes! | 上几…太好了! |
[05:17] | Thank you, Paxton. | 谢谢你 帕克斯顿 |
[05:19] | Perkins, you are back in the game. | 珀金斯 你又有机会了 |
[05:22] | See you later, bro! | 待会见咯 哥们! |
[05:23] | Shit. | 该死 |
[05:26] | I think if you can keep pace in your first splits, | 如果你能在前面几趟保持节奏 |
[05:28] | you can smoke ’em in that last 50. | 你就可以在最后的50米超过他们了 |
[05:30] | [in singsong] Hi. I have fresh towels. | 嗨 我拿干净的毛巾来了 |
[05:32] | Devi, you can’t be in the boys’ locker room. | 德维 你不能到男子更衣室里来的 |
[05:35] | Okay, fine, fine. I’m leaving. | 好 行 我这就走 |
[05:36] | I wanted to let you know I got the towels back to white, the goggles back to clear. | 我只是想告诉你 我把毛巾洗白了 也把泳镜擦亮了 |
[05:39] | I do need to fix the door handle on the equipment closet, but I got it. | 我还得去修好 设备间的门把手 可我会搞定的 |
[05:42] | You know you don’t have to do all that, right? | 你应该知道 你没必要把那些事全做了吧? |
[05:45] | Our last manager just smoked weed and cut up orange slices for us. | 我们的上一任管理员 就只会抽大麻和给我们切切橙子 |
[05:48] | Yeah, but I kind of sent the Princeton rep Coach Noble’s number, | 我知道 可我给普林斯顿的招生代表 发了诺布尔教练的电话号码 |
[05:52] | so just in case she calls him, he has a bunch of good things to say. | 这样万一她打电话给他 他可以帮我美言几句 |
[05:55] | I thought you were doing this job to hang out with me. | 还以为你做这工作 是为了能和我呆在一起 |
[05:57] | You know very well that is not why I’m doing this job, | 你很清楚那不是我做这份工作的原因 |
[06:00] | although it is a nice perk. | 不过那倒是个不错的额外待遇 |
[06:02] | But I just really need to get into Princeton. | 但我真的很想进普林斯顿 |
[06:04] | I know I belong there, | 我知道我该到那里去 |
[06:06] | just like how you realized you belong back at your old high school. | 就像你意识到你以前的高中 才是你该待的地方一样 |
[06:08] | [Hadid] Ow. Why did that sting? | 哎哟 为什么这话这么刺耳? |
[06:11] | I thought we liked it here. We’re killing it, remember? | 我还以为我们喜欢这里 我们在这里过得很好 记得不? |
[06:13] | I mean, I wouldn’t say I belong here. | 也不能说是我该待的地方吧 |
[06:16] | Oh my God. Agh! No girls allowed. | 噢 天啊 这里不准女生进来的 |
[06:18] | Dude, you are fully clothed. | 兄弟 你穿得严严实实的 |
[06:21] | Yeah well, emotionally I’m hanging D. | 可在情感上 我是赤裸裸的 |
[06:23] | Oh my God, it’s fine. No one here’s even… | 噢 天啊 没事的 这里都没人… |
[06:26] | -Oh my God, there’s a penis. Okay, bye. -[Paxton chuckles] | 噢 天啊 我看到某人的鸡鸡了 好吧 拜拜 |
[06:29] | Well, now that we’re bro-lone, we’re still gonna Oculus later? | 现在只剩我们哥俩了 我们今晚还玩VR吗? |
[06:33] | I say we get high, order some soup dumplings, | 我提议我们磕点药爽一下 再点几份小笼包 |
[06:36] | and then transport ourselves into the loins of the Matrix. | 然后到虚拟现实的世界里尽情畅玩 |
[06:39] | Yeah, I’m game. | 好啊 我乐意奉陪 |
[06:40] | Pax. You have an Oculus? Yo, can we come through? | 帕克斯 你有VR头显吗? 我们可以过去一起玩吗? |
[06:43] | -Sure. You guys should definitely pull up. -Dope. | -可以啊 你们绝对得过来 -好 |
[06:46] | -[knocking on locker] -Knock-knock. Splish-splash. | 咚咚 哗啦啦 我来啦 |
[06:50] | Uh, why don’t we say six? I gotta take care of something first. | 那就定六点钟怎么样? 我得先处理一些事情 |
[06:53] | Excited to become one of Paxton’s little swimmers. | 很高兴能成为 帕克斯顿的游泳学员之一 |
[06:55] | Hope you boys didn’t wear him out too much. [chuckles] | 希望你们没有让他太劳累 |
[06:59] | Uh, okay. | 好 |
[07:01] | Okay, coach, this can take as long as you need. | 好了 教练 你想要训练我多久都行 |
[07:04] | I already cleared my schedule and told my mom you’d drive me home. | 我已经把今天都空了出来 还跟我妈说了你会开车送我回家 |
[07:08] | How about I give you a couple tips, and then you can take the bus? | 要不我教你点技巧 然后待会儿你自己坐公交车回去吧? |
[07:11] | A couple tips? | 教我点技巧? |
[07:13] | The bus? | 坐公交车? |
[07:14] | [scoffs] I thought you were gonna rebuild me from the ground up. | 我还以为你要从头开始重塑我呢 |
[07:18] | Why don’t we just swim, yeah? | 我们来游泳吧 好吗? |
[07:19] | -[Eric] Oh, all right. -Okay. | -好啊 -好 |
[07:20] | Try a lap for me, okay? | 先游一趟给我看看 好吗? |
[07:22] | You ready? | 你准备好了吗? |
[07:23] | Go. | 开始 |
[07:30] | Stop. Stop. | 停 |
[07:31] | [Eric] Noodle. I need a nood. | 浮力棒 我要浮力棒 |
[07:35] | All right, um, what I’m noticing is, your form is… bad. | 好 |
[07:39] | Uh-huh. Uh-huh. | 我注意到你的姿势不太对 |
[07:41] | First, your hands need to glide through the water like this, | 你的手得像这样入水 |
[07:44] | so you don’t create more resistance. | 这样你就不会增大阻力了 |
[07:45] | And also, you don’t need to hold your breath | 还有 |
[07:47] | when your face is in the water. | 当你的脸在水里时 你不需要屏住呼吸的 |
[07:49] | -You can breathe under there? -No, dude, obviously not. | -在水里能呼吸哦? -不 兄弟 显然不能 |
[07:52] | When your face is in the water, you exhale, | 你可以当脸在水里时呼气 |
[07:54] | and when you come up, you inhale. | 然后浮出水面时吸气 |
[07:56] | You’re tiring yourself out trying to do both. | 同时呼气和吸气会让你很累的 |
[07:58] | Why don’t we just try it again, all right? | 我们再来试一次 好吗? |
[08:01] | Ready? | 准备好没? |
[08:03] | Go. | 开始 |
[08:09] | Oh my God, it’s working. | 噢 天啊 这招真的有用 |
[08:11] | Yeah, man, that’s, uh… that’s great. | 是啊 哥们 那很棒 |
[08:15] | Well, I think that’s enough for today’s sesh. | 我看我们今天的课就上到这里吧 |
[08:17] | Okay, coach. I’m gonna keep practicing. | 好的 教练 我会继续练习的 |
[08:19] | -Okay. -Inhale. | -好 |
[08:22] | [exhaling loudly in water] | -吸气 呼气 |
[08:26] | [Hadid] After a deeply annoying | 在给埃里克上完 |
[08:28] | but actually kind of successful training session with Eric, | 烦人但其实还挺成功的一课后 |
[08:31] | Paxton was finally off-duty and free to do what he did best, | 帕克斯顿终于下班了 他可以自由地做他最擅长的事了 |
[08:34] | which is chill, or whatever this is. | 也就是这事 放松 或者随便你要用什么词来形容 |
[08:37] | -Oh, he’s dead. -[Paxton] Agh! | 噢 他死了 |
[08:38] | -That’s okay. -Avenge me. | -没事 -替我报仇 |
[08:40] | What’s up, fools? Who wants to get bottom-shelf blitzed? | 你们好吗 傻瓜们? 谁想要喝点便宜的酒? |
[08:43] | [student] Hey, man. | -嘿 兄弟 -嘿 |
[08:44] | Hey, I didn’t realize you guys were coming. | 我都不知道你们会过来 |
[08:47] | Oh, my bad. I thought you’d be cool with me telling couple people. | 对不起 我以为 你不会介意我叫一些人过来 |
[08:49] | Wait, we can go somewhere else if it’s, like, a thing. | 如果不方便的话 我们可以到别的地方去 |
[08:51] | Nah, it’s… it’s totally cool. | 不 我完全不介意 |
[08:53] | [Hadid] But it didn’t feel cool. It felt wrong. | 但他并非不介意 他挺介意的 |
[08:56] | So how many people did you guys invite? | 话说 你们邀请了多少人过来? |
[08:59] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[09:00] | [excited chatter] | |
[09:02] | What up? | 你们好吗? |
[09:03] | [Hadid] Paxton was freaking out. | 帕克斯顿要崩溃了 |
[09:05] | His little get-together had swelled into a huge rager. | 他的小聚会 已经变成了一场盛大的狂欢派对 |
[09:08] | The same thing actually happened | 今年维密的辣椒烹饪大赛上 |
[09:10] | at this year’s Victoria’s Secret chili cook off. | 也发生过同样的事 |
[09:12] | [“Run It Up” by King Flexx playing] | (四楼的家人们!) |
[09:13] | ♪ I go hard on the bass line ♪ ♪ I ain’t gonna stop till I get mine ♪ | (我们正举办电影之夜 |
[09:18] | ♪ So I’mma run it up ♪ ♪ I’mma run it up… ♪ | 欢迎大家重返大学校园!) |
[09:21] | Paxton, how could you throw a party and not tell me? | 帕克斯顿 你开派对 怎么能不告诉我一声? |
[09:24] | I had to hear it from the backstrokers. The backstrokers. | 我得听游仰泳的家伙说才知道 游仰泳的家伙啊 |
[09:26] | -Do you know how humiliating that is? -I didn’t mean to have a party. | 你知道那有多丢人吗? 那是因为我原本不是要开派对的 |
[09:30] | It kind of just appeared on my doorstep. | 这就像突然出现在我家门前一样 |
[09:31] | So, how come you don’t look like you’re having any fun? | 你怎么看起来一点都不开心? |
[09:34] | Shouldn’t you be holding Trent’s feet? | 你不是该去扶着特伦特的脚吗? |
[09:35] | [Trent] Yeah, get me down. | 对 放我下来 |
[09:37] | Oh, that was sick. | 噢 那太棒了 |
[09:39] | What the hell? Who brought a keg? | 搞什么鬼?谁带了一个酒桶过来? |
[09:41] | I don’t know, but this is like the biggest party of the year, | 我不知道 但这是今年最盛大的派对 |
[09:43] | and it’s being hosted by a teacher. | 而且还是一位老师举办的 |
[09:45] | Yeah, I think that might be a problem. | 是啊 我感觉这可能会是个问题 |
[09:47] | I mean, what if someone finds out about this? | 要是被人发现了怎么办? |
[09:49] | Nah, no one’s gonna tell. | 没事 没人会说出去的 |
[09:50] | You’ve been to tons of parties since you’ve been back. | 你回来之后参加过无数派对了 从来没有人说过什么 |
[09:52] | -And no one has said anything. -Yeah, but I haven’t thrown a party. | 没错 可我从来没有开过派对 |
[09:55] | This feels different in, like, a not great way. | 这感觉不太一样 我是说不好的那种不一样 |
[09:58] | Do you want me to get rid of everyone? I know how to clear a room. | 你想我把所有人都赶走吗? 我知道怎样可以清场 |
[10:00] | I can totally whip up a classic Devi meltdown just like that. | 我可以使出 |
[10:03] | -[chuckles] -[Trent] Yeah. | 我经典的德维式突然情绪崩溃绝招 |
[10:05] | [grunting] | 对 |
[10:06] | I feel sexy. I just feel sexy, you know what I mean? | 我感觉我很性感 我感觉我非常性感 懂我意思不? |
[10:09] | You know what? No. | 要不算了吧 |
[10:11] | I think I probably just need to relax. It is a pretty good party, isn’t it? | 我想我可能也需要放松一下 这是个挺不错的派对 不是吗? |
[10:15] | Uh, nuh doy, it’s fire. Let’s do a shot, bro. | 很明显啊 这棒极了 我们来喝一杯吧 兄弟 |
[10:18] | -All right, yeah, why not? -Okay. I’ll be right back. | 好啊 行 |
[10:21] | [knocking on door] | 来喝吧 我去去就回 |
[10:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:23] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[10:28] | Paxton? | 帕克斯顿? |
[10:30] | Lindsay. Hey. | 琳赛 嘿 |
[10:32] | Um, a drunk kid called the student hotline and asked for a ride home from this party. | 有个喝醉的孩子给学生热线打电话 让我开车来这个派对接他回家 |
[10:36] | Did they call you too? | 他们也打给你了吗? |
[10:38] | Here you go, one shot of… | 来 给你 一杯… |
[10:41] | apple juice. | 苹果汁 |
[10:42] | -Hi, Miss Thompson. -Hi. | -嗨 汤普森老师 -嗨 |
[10:43] | Okay. | 好 |
[10:44] | Professor Yoshida-Hall. | 吉田-霍尔教授 |
[10:46] | -I drank too much at your party. -Oh my God. | -我在你的派对上喝太多了 -噢 天啊 |
[10:48] | Mr. Thompson, does your car have a back seat? | 汤普森先生 你的车有后座吗? |
[10:50] | Because I’d like to lie down. | 因为我想躺下 |
[10:52] | Wait, this is your house? | 等等 这是你家? |
[10:54] | You’re having a party with all these students? | 你在和这些学生开派对? |
[10:56] | Okay, it’s actually a funny story. | 好吧 |
[10:58] | -I got an Oculus recently… -[Gerard] Ahh! | 其实这事说来很有趣 我最近买了个VR头显… |
[11:00] | -Damn. -Oh. | -天啊 -噢 |
[11:02] | Oh my God. Um, yeah, I can’t be here. I gotta go. | 我的天啊 好了 我不能留在这里了 我得走了 |
[11:06] | Lindsay, wait… | 琳赛 等等… |
[11:07] | Gerard, come on. Let’s go. | 杰勒德 来 我们走 |
[11:10] | Oh gosh. Oh my God. Okay. | 噢 天啊 老天爷啊 好了 |
[11:13] | [Hadid] Paxton showed up to school the following Monday | 第二周的周一 帕克斯顿来到了学校 |
[11:16] | anxious to smooth things over with Miss Thompson, | 他急切想要缓和与汤普森老师的关系 |
[11:18] | and hopefully keep his job in the process. | 并希望能同时保住他的工作 |
[11:21] | Linds. All right, listen. | 琳赛 好 听我说 |
[11:22] | I swear I did not plan for that to be a party, all right? | 我发誓 我原本不是打算开派对的 好吗? |
[11:25] | I had a couple friends over, then people kept showing up… | 我就请了几个朋友过来 可后来不断有人来… |
[11:27] | You know you’re a grown-up, right? | 你应该知道你是成年人了吧? |
[11:29] | If drunk people showed up to my apartment, | 如果有喝醉的人跑到我家 |
[11:31] | I’d be like, “No, thank you,” and close the door. | 我会说:“不了 谢谢” 然后关上门 |
[11:33] | It’s not that simple. | 事情没那么简单 |
[11:34] | No, it is that simple. | 不 事情就是那么简单 |
[11:36] | I mean, you’re a staff member, and they’re students. | 你是教职工 而他们是学生 听着 |
[11:39] | Look, I… I’m not gonna narc on you, but grown-up to grown-up? | 我不会打你的小报告的 但你我都是成年人 我得说你一句 |
[11:43] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么啊? |
[11:44] | Get your shit together, dude. | 拿出点做老师的样子来吧 |
[11:46] | [gentle music playing] | 伙计 |
[11:51] | [Hadid] Later that afternoon, | 当天下午 |
[11:53] | Miss Thompson’s words were still ringing in his ear. | 汤普森老师的话仍在他的耳边回响 |
[11:55] | What was he doing? | 他在干什么啊? |
[11:58] | Why was he back at his high school? | 他为什么跑回高中来了? |
[12:00] | And how did he end up training the most annoying person on Earth? | 他怎么到头来要在这里 训练全世界最烦人的家伙? |
[12:04] | Okay, so I was reading Michael Phelps’s biography, | 我读了迈克尔·菲尔普斯的传记 |
[12:06] | and he had a bit of a head start on me. | 他先我一点起步了 |
[12:08] | So we’re gonna have to pump up our training sessions | 所以为了追上那段差距 |
[12:10] | to, like, three times a week to bridge that gap. | 我们的训练课程得增加到一周三次 |
[12:13] | Dude, there is literally nothing you can physically do to be Michael Phelps. | 兄弟 你是根本不可能 |
[12:17] | And frankly, I don’t know why you’re trying. | 成为迈克尔·菲尔普斯的 而且老实说 我不明白你为什么要努力 |
[12:19] | Not to be a dick, but you’re really not good at swimming. | 我不是有意要说过分的话 可你是真的很不擅长游泳 |
[12:22] | Are you negging me? | 你是在使激将法吗? |
[12:24] | Because it’s working, Coach. I’m fired up now. | 因为你这招奏效了 教练 我现在充满斗志了 |
[12:26] | I’m serious. | 我是说真的 |
[12:27] | Like, what is making you keep going? Why not just give up? | 是什么让你一直在坚持? 你为什么就不放弃呢? |
[12:30] | Why would I give up? We barely started. | 我为什么要放弃?我们才刚开始啊 |
[12:32] | Because it’s going to be a super hard, uphill climb? | 因为这会是一段超艰难的爬坡之路? |
[12:35] | You don’t think I know that? | 你以为我不知道吗? |
[12:37] | I’ve almost drowned several times. There’s still water somewhere in my head. | 我好几次差点淹死 现在我脑袋里都还有水呢 |
[12:40] | So why not stick to stuff you’re good at? Like robots and tuba. | 那为什么不坚持做你擅长的事就好? 比如研究机器人和吹大号 |
[12:44] | Look, why are you setting a goal that you’re probably gonna fail at? | 你为什么就要设定 一个你可能会失败的目标? |
[12:47] | It’s okay if I fail as long as I tried. | 只要我努力过了 那失败也没关系 |
[12:50] | And maybe I don’t fail, and then I’m really proud of myself. | 而且或许我不会失败 那样的话我会为我自己感到很骄傲的 |
[12:54] | What kind of person just gives up on their dream | 什么样的人会都还没努力过 |
[12:56] | when they haven’t even tried? | 就放弃自己的梦想? |
[12:58] | [Hadid] Yeah, Paxton, who would do that? | 是啊 帕克斯顿 |
[13:01] | You know anyone who would do that? | 谁会那样? 你知道有谁会那样吗? |
[13:03] | -You really want this? -More than anything in the world. | -你真的想练游泳吗? -我最想的就是这个了 |
[13:07] | Then let’s make you a jock. | 那我们就来把你训练成运动健将吧 |
[13:10] | -Nice! [yelps] -[Paxton] Oh! | -太好了! -噢! |
[13:12] | You good? | 你还好吗? |
[13:14] | I’m all right. | 我没事 |
[13:15] | All right, let’s go. | 好 我们开始吧 |
[13:17] | All right, you ready? | 好 你准备好了吗? |
[13:19] | On your mark, get set… | 各就各位 |
[13:22] | [whistle blows] | 预备 |
[13:23] | Come on, you got this. Let’s go. | 加油 |
[13:24] | [“Chain Reaction” by Cobra Man playing] | 你能行的 |
[13:26] | [gasping] | 继续游 |
[13:29] | How was that? | 怎么样? |
[13:31] | We can do better. | 你还能游得更快的 |
[13:32] | A lot… better. | 还有很大的进步空间 |
[13:33] | Do it again. | 再来一次 |
[13:36] | Okay, I’m gonna swim with you this time. | 好 这次我会跟你一起游 |
[13:37] | Don’t try and beat me, just try to match my pace. Got it? | 不要试图超越我 只要试着跟上我的节奏就行 懂吗? |
[13:40] | -Got it. -All right. | -懂了 |
[13:41] | [“Chain Reaction” continues playing] | -好 |
[13:47] | I mean, who was that for? | 你那是做给谁看的? |
[13:50] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[13:52] | That’s right, come on, let’s go, let’s go. Come on, dig, dig, dig, dig, dig! | 就是那样 加油 |
[13:56] | [gasping] | 继续游 加油 冲刺! |
[13:58] | We can do better. Come on, do it again. | 你还能游得更快的 |
[14:02] | [Eric gasping] | 来吧 再试一次 |
[14:03] | It’s easy, all right? So like this, and the water is coming up here. | 很简单的 好吧?你要像这样入水 然后水就会上到这里 |
[14:07] | You’re going side… No. Eric, it… it’s over. | 你那样是往旁边… 不 |
[14:12] | Uh… | 埃里克 是从上往下 (设备间) |
[14:16] | [Paxton] Come on, come on, come on, come on. | 加油 |
[14:18] | Come on, come on, push. | 加油 |
[14:19] | Push. | 冲刺 |
[14:21] | Yes! Yes! Yes! | 很好! |
[14:22] | That’s my boy! Whoo! | 好样的! |
[14:24] | Did I do it, Paxy? Did I make you proud? | 我做到了吗 小帕? 我让你感到骄傲了吗? |
[14:27] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:28] | Trust… Whoa, okay, noodle. | 相信…哇 好 给你浮力棒 |
[14:32] | -Noodle! -[Eric gasps] | 快抓住浮力棒! |
[14:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[14:35] | That was great, man. I mean, I can’t believe I’m actually saying this, | 你刚才的表现棒极了 哥们 我不敢相信我会这么说 |
[14:38] | but if you can swim like that in front of Coach Noble, you might have a shot. | 但如果你能在诺布尔教练面前 游出这样的成绩 你或许就能入选 |
[14:42] | Thank you, Paxton. If I could move my shoulders right now, I’d hug you. | 谢谢你 帕克斯顿 如果现在我的胳膊能动的话 我就抱你了 |
[14:45] | -No problem, man. I’ll set it up. -[chuckles] Ow. | 没事 哥们 我会安排重赛的事的 |
[14:48] | My bad. | 对不起 |
[14:51] | Damn, you’re a miracle worker. | 天啊 你真的是创造了奇迹呢 |
[14:53] | I can’t believe how good he’s gotten. | 真不敢相信他变得这么厉害了 |
[14:55] | -I lost a lot of money to Janitor Stacy. -Wait, you bet against me? | -我输了很多钱给清洁工史黛西 -等等 你赌我训不好他? |
[14:58] | The odds were not in your favor. | 你能训好他的几率不大嘛 |
[15:00] | That’s definitely true. | 那倒是实话 |
[15:02] | And, yeah, that weird little dude is actually sort of good now. | 没错 |
[15:04] | [Devi] Hmm. | 那个奇怪的小家伙 现在是表现得挺好了 |
[15:05] | There’s still a pretty decent chance he blows it in front of Coach Noble, | 虽说还是有很大几率 他会在诺布尔教练面前搞砸 |
[15:09] | but I gotta say, I’m feeling kind of hopeful. | 但我得说 我感觉挺有希望的 |
[15:14] | Oh no. Did you move those kick boards that were holding the door open? | 噢 不 你是不是移开了 挡住门的那些踢水板? |
[15:17] | Yeah, that’s them in your hand. | 对 你手里拿着的那些就是 |
[15:19] | Okay. We’re stuck in here. | 好吧 |
[15:21] | Uh, maybe not. | 我们被困在这里了 |
[15:22] | [doorknob rattling] | 也许没有 |
[15:24] | Okay, yeah. But hey, it’s all right. | 好吧 我们是被困住了 不过 没事 |
[15:26] | -We can call someone. -[Devi] Hmm. | 我们可以打电话给别人 |
[15:28] | Although my phone is out by the pool. Do you have yours? | 不过我的手机 放在泳池边了 |
[15:31] | Mine’s in my backpack in the girls’ locker room. | 你有带你的手机吗? 我的在我放在女子更衣室的背包里 |
[15:33] | That’s okay. We’re okay. | 没事 我们不会有事的 |
[15:36] | Um, I was supposed to meet with Coach Noble after our practice, | 我跟诺布尔教练说好了 等训练完后去找他谈埃里克的事 |
[15:39] | so when I don’t show up, he’ll definitely come looking for me. | 所以如果我没出现 他一定会来找我的 |
[15:42] | [snoring] | (蒂莫西·诺布尔 |
[15:47] | [Devi sighs] | 教练) |
[15:49] | I can’t believe I don’t have my phone. | 真不敢相信我的手机不在这儿 |
[15:50] | What if Akshara from Princeton called me back? | 要是普林斯顿的阿克莎拉 给我回电了怎么办? |
[15:53] | I told her I’m available any time of the day | 在我留给她的最后十条电话留言里 |
[15:55] | in the last ten voicemails that I left her. | 我告诉她我一天任何时候都有空 |
[15:57] | Hey, I don’t know much about college admissions, | 嘿 虽说我对大学招生不是很了解 |
[16:00] | but I do know about getting too many calls from thirsty girls, | 但我很清楚接到 太多花痴女生打来的电话是什么感觉 |
[16:04] | and you’re not coming off well. | 那样是不会有好结果的 |
[16:06] | -How dare you? -I’m just being honest. | -你怎么敢那样说? -我只是实话实说 |
[16:09] | I don’t think it would hurt you to play it a little more… cool. | 我觉得表现得淡定一点对你也没坏处 |
[16:13] | -Really? -Yeah. | -真的? -真的 |
[16:15] | Okay. Maybe you have a point. | 好吧 |
[16:18] | [chuckles softly] | 也许你说得有道理 |
[16:19] | Well, since we’re trapped here, | 话说 既然我们被困在这里了 |
[16:21] | and apparently experimenting with radical honesty… | 而且似乎在尝试进行彻底坦诚的对话 |
[16:24] | [inhales deeply] | |
[16:28] | …can I ask what really happened at ASU? | 我能问问你在亚利桑那州立大学 到底怎么了吗? |
[16:33] | The reason I left was because… no one there liked me. | 我之所以离开那里 是因为那里没人喜欢我 |
[16:37] | What? How is that possible? | 什么?那怎么可能? |
[16:39] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[16:41] | Everyone just decided I was some huge loser, | 所有人都认定了我是个大废柴 |
[16:44] | and I was just like, maybe I don’t belong at college. | 然后我就想 也许我不适合读大学 |
[16:47] | So I left. | 于是我就离开了 |
[16:48] | And now every day I’m like, “What did you do?” | 而现在每天我都在想 “你都做了什么啊?” |
[16:52] | So I guess being hot all your life actually turned out to be a disadvantage. | 那看来你一直是校草这点 |
[16:57] | [laughs] | 到头来其实是个劣势咯 |
[16:58] | Yeah, I guess so. | 是啊 我想是吧 |
[17:01] | Well… damn. | 该死 |
[17:03] | I mean, I’ve been working so hard to be this cool, sexually-successful senior, | 我的意思是 我那么努力变成了 这样一个 又酷又有丰富性经验的高三学生 |
[17:08] | but maybe I’ll have to glow back down before I go to college. | 但也许我在上大学前 得变回以前没魅力的样子 |
[17:11] | Yeah, you might. | 对 |
[17:12] | [lips smacking] Hmm. | 你也许是得那样 |
[17:14] | Wait, did you say “sexually successful”? | 等会儿 你刚才是不是说 “有丰富性经验”? |
[17:18] | No, no, hold up. | 不 等等 |
[17:20] | -[giggles] -Wait, wait, is it that Ethan kid? | 等等 是跟那叫伊森的小鬼做的吗? |
[17:23] | -Yeah. -Shut up. | -没错 -不是吧? |
[17:24] | Well, actually, Ben first, but he… | -事实上 第一次是跟本做的 |
[17:26] | -Ben? Gross? -[laughs] | 可他… -本·格罗斯吗? |
[17:28] | -What?! [laughs] -Doesn’t matter. | -什么? -那不重要 |
[17:31] | You heard it here, she bangs. | 你没听错 我破处了 |
[17:33] | -Damn. -Mm-hmm. | 天啊 |
[17:34] | -Okay. [laughs] -[chuckles] | 好吧 |
[17:36] | Yeah, congrats. | 恭喜你了 |
[17:37] | -Thank you. -Yeah. | -谢谢 |
[17:39] | [both chuckle] [inhales deeply] | -真不敢相信 |
[17:42] | You know, I really thought it was gonna be you. | 我跟你说 我一直都以为 我的第一次会给你的 |
[17:46] | Why? | 为什么? |
[17:47] | Because you came up to me out of nowhere | 就因为你突然跑来找我 |
[17:49] | and asked me to take your virginity as a complete stranger? | 让我一个陌生人夺走你的童贞? |
[17:51] | Okay, don’t make me sound like I’m nuts. You’re the one that said yes. | 别把我说得像疯子一样 说好的那个人可是你 |
[17:55] | Yeah. Yeah, that’s true. | 对 没错 |
[17:59] | You know what I think about a lot? | 你知道我经常在想什么吗? |
[18:02] | What? | 什么? |
[18:04] | What you said to me when we broke up. | 我们分手时你跟我说的话 |
[18:07] | What did I say? | 我说了什么? |
[18:08] | [Devi sighs] | |
[18:10] | You told me that we couldn’t be together until I liked myself. | 你说除非我爱自己 否则我们不能在一起 |
[18:14] | -Damn. I said that? -[chuckles softly] | 天啊 我说了那样的话? |
[18:16] | That’s pretty cold. | 那也太伤人了 |
[18:18] | I… I mean… you weren’t wrong. I was kind of a maniac. | 你也没说错 我那时是有一点疯 |
[18:23] | Maybe a little bit. | 也许是有点吧 |
[18:24] | Hey, look at this role reversal. | 嘿 你看现在我们的角色互换过来了 |
[18:26] | I mean, I’m this cool jock, and you’re this big dork. | 我变成了酷酷的万人迷 |
[18:30] | [tsks, chuckles] | 而你则成了个大呆子 |
[18:33] | For the first time, | 我第一次感觉我们是平等的 |
[18:35] | I feel like we’re equals. | |
[18:37] | Equals? | 平等? |
[18:40] | No way, Devi. | 才不是呢 德维 |
[18:41] | You’re way too good for me. [laughs] Shut up. | 我远配不上你 |
[18:44] | [romantic music playing] [tense music plays] | 你少来了 |
[19:03] | Coach, I can explain… | 教练 我可以解释… |
[19:04] | Son, I know you used to be a student here less than a year ago. | 小子 我知道 你在不到一年前还是这里的学生 |
[19:07] | I know Devi used to be your girlfriend. | 我也知道德维曾经是你的女朋友 |
[19:09] | But something tells me, | 但我感觉 |
[19:11] | if I had walked in two seconds earlier, I’d have to fire you. | 如果我早进去两秒钟 我将不得不开除你 |
[19:14] | This is your one warning. | 这次我就给你个警告 |
[19:16] | From now on, there is no room for slipups. | 从现在起 你不能再犯任何错误 |
[19:19] | -Okay. -Now go. | -好 -你走吧 |
[19:22] | I… I’m really sorry, Coach. | 真的很抱歉 教练 |
[19:24] | Just… go. | 你走吧 |
[19:28] | [Hadid] After getting chewed up and spit out by Coach Noble, | 在被诺布尔教练训斥过后 |
[19:31] | Paxton turned to his Nintendo Switch, looking for an easy win. | 帕克斯顿打开任天堂Switch 想玩几局能轻松取胜的游戏 |
[19:34] | -But Mario Party was kicking his ass too. – | 但《马力欧派对》 同样让他尝到了惨败的滋味 |
[19:37] | [June] Paxton? | 帕克斯顿? |
[19:39] | Oh hey, honey. Hi. | 噢 嘿 宝贝 嗨 |
[19:40] | Um, listen, dinner’s gonna be ready in 20, and it’s your turn to say grace. | 听着 再过20分钟就可以吃晚餐了 今晚轮到你做餐前祷告了 |
[19:44] | So Dad’s tuning his guitar in case you need musical accompaniment. | 爸爸正在调他的吉他 万一你需要音乐伴奏他就能弹 |
[19:46] | Okay. | 好 |
[19:48] | Hey. Are you okay? You look upset. | 嘿 你没事吧?你看起来很沮丧 |
[19:50] | Mom, I-I-I’m a fuckup. | 妈妈 我是个失败者 |
[19:54] | Whoa, honey. | 哇 宝贝 |
[19:56] | Why would you say something like that about yourself? | 你为什么这样说自己啊? |
[19:59] | I’m such a failure. | 我真是个失败者 |
[20:01] | Paxton… you’re too young to be a failure. | 帕克斯顿 你这么年轻 你不会是失败者的 |
[20:04] | You’re 19. You’re figuring yourself out. | 你才19岁 你还在摸索你自己的人生 |
[20:07] | Now your Uncle Gary, he’s a failure. | 你舅舅盖理才是个失败者 |
[20:09] | He’s 55, and he’s in prison for defrauding a children’s hospital. | 他55岁了 还因为诈骗儿童医院而入了狱 |
[20:13] | Well, at least he tried to do something. | 至少他有努力做过一些事 |
[20:15] | Paxton, it’s very overwhelming to have your whole life in front of you | 帕克斯顿 你面对着你的人生 而你又感觉你得过得很完美 |
[20:18] | and feel like you need to do it perfectly. | 那是会压得人喘不过气来的 |
[20:21] | But you don’t. | 但你并不是非得过得很完美 |
[20:22] | Nobody does. | 没有人的人生是完美的 |
[20:23] | We all hit these bumps on the road, but they don’t have to define us. | 我们都是会犯错的 但我们没必要用这些错误来定义自己 |
[20:27] | We can just learn from them. | 我们可以从中学习 |
[20:29] | What am I supposed to learn from dropping out of college | 我从大学辍学 跑回我以前的高中工作 |
[20:31] | and working at my old high school? | 我该从这里面学到什么? |
[20:34] | Maybe… | 也许你可以学会放下过去的自己 |
[20:36] | to let go of who you were | |
[20:39] | and find out who you wanna be. | 并弄清楚你想成为什么样的人 |
[20:41] | [inspirational music playing] | |
[20:43] | [chuckles softly] | |
[20:46] | [Hadid] One rousing chorus of “Our God is an Awesome God” | 经过一番振奋人心的圣歌合唱 |
[20:49] | and a full night’s sleep later, Paxton was back at school, | 和一夜安眠后 帕克斯顿回到了学校 |
[20:53] | hopeful for a sign of what he should do with his life. | 他希望能有一个征兆 告诉他他该如何度过他的人生 |
[20:55] | And a sign he got. | 而他真就看到了一个征兆 |
[20:56] | [dramatic music playing] | |
[21:16] | [whistle blows] | |
[21:28] | [student 1] Whoa. | |
[21:29] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[21:31] | [student 2] Nice turn. | 漂亮的转身 |
[21:34] | [excited chatter] | |
[21:43] | So? How’d I do? | 怎么样?我的表现如何? |
[21:49] | Eh. | |
[21:50] | Good enough to be a JV alternate. | 好到可以当二队的替补了 |
[21:52] | -[all cheering] -Yes! | 太好了! |
[21:59] | That’s what I’m talking about, bro. | 太棒了 兄弟 |
[22:01] | -[cheering continues] -Whoa, all right. Hey. | 哇 好了 嘿 |
[22:04] | -I’m so proud of you, man. [chuckles] -Thank you. [sighs] | -我真为你感到骄傲 哥们 -谢谢 |
[22:10] | Dude, that was very moving. | 伙计 刚才那真的是太感人了 |
[22:12] | I think a few of the guys were crying. | 好像有几个人真的哭出来了 |
[22:14] | Yeah, it was awesome, right? | 是啊 那太棒了 对吧? |
[22:15] | I mean, I actually changed someone’s life today. | 我今天真的改变了某人的人生 |
[22:18] | Like, I helped them achieve a dream of theirs. It was crazy. | 我帮他们实现了 他们的一个梦想 这太不可思议了 |
[22:20] | You should be really proud. | 你应该感到非常自豪 |
[22:22] | You know what? I am. Glad I didn’t give up on him. | 跟你说 我确实很自豪 我很庆幸当初我没有放弃他 |
[22:25] | So, seems like you get to keep coaching for the time being? | 那看来你暂时还可以继续当教练? |
[22:28] | Even after yesterday? | 即使出了昨天那事也没被炒鱿鱼? |
[22:29] | -That was a bit of a close call, huh? -[Devi] Yeah. | -是啊 真的是好险 对吧? -没错 |
[22:32] | So I assume we probably can’t do that again. | 我想或许我们不能再那样做了 |
[22:36] | Not if I wanna stay employed. | 如果我想保住饭碗 就不能再那样做了 |
[22:38] | Well, I actually feel like it’s kind of for the best. | 其实我觉得这样是最好的 |
[22:43] | Uh… Don’t get me wrong, it ruled. You still know what you’re doing. | 别误会我的意思 |
[22:47] | [chuckles] | 那个吻很棒 你的吻技还是那么好 |
[22:48] | But it did feel like closure. | 但我真的感觉我们结束了 |
[22:52] | Yeah, it did. | 没错 是结束了 |
[22:55] | So I guess this is just a student-faculty professional relationship now. | 所以以后我们之间就只是师生关系了 |
[22:59] | Yep. Vibes here are officially over. | 对 |
[23:02] | [Devi chuckles] [“Modern Animal” by Magic City Hippies playing] | 我们的旧情彻底熄灭了 |
[23:06] | ‘Sup guys? | 你们好吗? |
[23:06] | Oh, David, isn’t it cultural appropriation to dress up like a piñata? | 噢 大卫 你穿得像个皮纳塔 不算文化挪用吗? |
[23:10] | Oh yeah? Sick necklace, Tiny Soprano. You’re really pulling it off. | 噢 是吗? 那项链真不错 小矮个 你还真能驾驭得了呢 |
[23:14] | -Well, always a pleasure. -[Devi] Mmm. | 跟你说话总是这么开心 |
[23:16] | ♪ And you’re right if I had you tonight I wouldn’t call the next day… ♪ | |
[23:19] | There are some vibes that are still alive and well. | -看来你们之间的旧情还没有熄灭呢 |
[23:21] | What? | -什么? |
[23:23] | Oh no, there are no vibes. That was all insults. | 噢 没有 我们没有旧情了 我们只是在相互辱骂而已 |
[23:26] | Sure, sure. Whatever you say. | 好 随便你怎么说吧 |
[23:28] | -It’s none of my professional business. -[Devi] Hmm. | 这不关我的事 |
[23:33] | ♪ I’m just another modern ani ♪ | (舍曼奥克斯高中 |
[23:36] | ♪ Animal ♪ | 蟋蟀) |
[23:37] | [Hadid] This is Paxton Hall-Yoshida. | 这是帕克斯顿·霍尔-吉田 |
[23:39] | He was once the coolest kid in this school, | 他曾是这学校里最酷的孩子 |
[23:41] | but now he was ready to retire that crown in search of something else. | 但现在他准备好放下那顶王冠 去寻找一些别的东西了 哟 |
[23:45] | Yo, Paxton. Come over later? My cousin’s hooking us up with whippets. | 帕克斯顿 待会儿要过来吗? 我的表哥给我们弄了些笑气 |
[23:48] | Yeah, man, not gonna be able to make it. | 不了 |
[23:50] | [upbeat music playing] | 兄弟 我去不了 |
[23:56] | [Hadid] He wasn’t quite sure exactly where his path was gonna take him, | 他不太确定 他的人生路会把他带向何方 |
[23:59] | but he knew he was at least moving forward. | 但他知道他至少有在前进 |
[24:02] | And today, that meant a quick trip to Luxembourg. | 而今天 他沿着人生路 一瞬间就来到了卢森堡 |
[24:06] | So, Pax, what are you doing here? | 帕克斯 |
[24:08] | Oh, is the student lounge out of Funyuns? | 你怎么到这儿来了? 学生休息室那边没零食了吗? |
[24:10] | I wouldn’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:11] | I was too busy making this quetschentaart. | 我一直忙着做这个梅子挞呢 |
[24:14] | -[Mr. Shapiro gasps] -Oh. Wow. | 噢 哇 |
[24:16] | And hey, if you still need volunteers for the student help hotline, I’m down. | 对了 如果你们还需要人自愿帮忙 接听学生求助热线的电话 那我愿意帮忙 |
[24:21] | [teacher 1] If Paxton’s doing it, I’ll do it too. | 如果帕克斯顿愿意帮忙 那我也愿意 |
[24:24] | -[teacher 2] Me too. -[teacher 3] I’ll do it. | -我也是 -我也愿意 |
[24:25] | -[teacher 4] Count me in. -[teacher 5] I’ll do it. | -算我一个 -我也愿意 |
[24:27] | [Hadid] As delicious as this international cuisine looks, | 尽管这些国际美食看起来很美味 |
[24:29] | I think I’d better be on my way. | 可我想我最好还是先走了 |
[24:31] | But Paxton seems like he’s taken a step in the right direction, | 不过帕克斯顿似乎 朝着正确的方向迈出了一步 |
[24:33] | and I think we’ve all learned a lot about proper swimming technique. | 而我们大家也学到了 很多正确的游泳技巧 |
[24:36] | John McEnroe, the rest of his journey is your problem. | 约翰·麦肯罗 他接下来的人生旅程就交给你了 |
[24:40] | Gigi out. [“What’s Life” De Lux playing] ♪ Oh, let’s just try to take one breath ♪ ♪ And oh, let’s just try not to forget ♪ ♪ Oh, what’s life If you’re never having fun? ♪ ♪ Oh, what’s life If you know it’s not over? ♪ ♪ Oh, what’s life If you’re never gonna try? ♪ ♪ Oh, what’s life When you know it’s just begun? ♪ ♪ Oh, what’s life ♪ | 我是吉吉 |
[25:17] | ♪ Oh, what’s life ♪ ♪ Oh, what’s life ♪ ♪ Oh, what’s life ♪ ♪ Oh, what’s life ♪ | 我走咯 |