时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | [“No Sleep” by CHILDREN playing] | |
[00:11] | [McEnroe] It was almost time for Princeton to announce its decision, | 普林斯顿公布录取结果的时间快到了 |
[00:14] | and Devi was feeling eerily calm. | 而德维却出奇地平静 |
[00:17] | Maybe it was because she’d done | 也许是因为 |
[00:18] | everything humanly possible to help her chances. | 她已经做了力所能及的一切 来增加被录取的可能性 |
[00:21] | All right, boys, make us proud out there. | 好了 各位 游出让我们骄傲的成绩来吧 |
[00:23] | [McEnroe] Or maybe it was because she’d matured a little. | 也可能是因为她已经成熟了一点 |
[00:26] | Did you actually apply to Yale? | 你真的申请了耶鲁吗? |
[00:28] | [McEnroe] Her fight with Fabiola had been kind of a wake-up call about her temper. | 她和法比奥拉吵架的事 提醒了她要控制好自己的脾气 |
[00:32] | And her letting go of Paxton | 而她彻底放下帕克斯顿这件事 |
[00:34] | proved that she’d evolved beyond the desperate nerd she once was. | 证明她已经不再是 |
[00:39] | [phone chimes] | 曾经那个不顾一切的书呆子了 |
[00:40] | But maybe she was just calm | 但也许她这么平静 |
[00:41] | because she was distracted by something else. | 只是因为有别的事让她转移了注意力 |
[00:44] | [phone chimes] | |
[00:45] | You see, last week, this went down. | 你看 上周发生了这样一件事 |
[00:49] | [Ben] What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[00:50] | [McEnroe] Oh, baby. | 噢 天啊 |
[00:51] | This may not look like much to an adult, | 这在一个成年人看来也许不算什么 |
[00:54] | but an unsolicited “what are you doing” text | 但一个男生在晚上11点 |
[00:57] | at 11 p.m. from a boy was pretty loaded. | 主动发一条“你在做什么”的信息过来 这可意味深长 |
[01:00] | Especially a boy who hasn’t texted you in almost a year. | 尤其是这个男生 |
[01:04] | Hmm. | 已经差不多一年没给你发过信息了 |
[01:05] | [McEnroe] And they’d been texting every day since. | 而从那以后 他们天天都互发信息 |
[01:07] | [Ben] Saw this and thought of you. | 我看到这个就想起了你 |
[01:10] | [McEnroe] As a man who’s signed his fair share of women’s chests, | 作为一个给很多女人 在胸部上签过名的男人 |
[01:13] | I know flirting when I see it. | 我一眼就能看出来谁在打情骂俏 |
[01:16] | Hmm. | |
[01:16] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[01:18] | [McEnroe] And I see it right now in the kitchen. | 而我现在就能看出 |
[01:20] | [indistinct chatter] | 厨房里的这两人在打情骂俏 |
[01:24] | [McEnroe] Wait, was that an arm touch? | 等等 |
[01:27] | [speaking indistinctly] | 那招是摸手杀吗? |
[01:29] | [McEnroe] And a hair tuck? | 把头发撩到耳后? |
[01:31] | Stop it. | 你少来了 |
[01:32] | [McEnroe] A playful slap? | 开玩笑式的一拍? |
[01:34] | Holy shit, did Devi’s mom have a crush on Margot’s dad? | 天啊 难道德维的妈妈 喜欢上玛歌的爸爸了吗? |
[01:38] | What the hell’s going on here? | 这到底是怎么回事? |
[01:40] | [“Haunted” by Equateur playing] | 好想做一次…为妈妈牵线 |
[01:45] | Devi drifted through the day in a daze, | 德维一整天都迷迷糊糊的 |
[01:48] | trying to process the sight of her mom down bad | 她努力试着消化她看到她妈妈 |
[01:51] | for that Property Brother-looking ass. | 被那个像在演《房产兄弟》的家伙 迷得神魂颠倒的那一幕 |
[01:54] | She assumed any minute she would go absolutely batshit | 她以为她随时都会因她妈妈 |
[01:58] | over her mom fraternizing with her enemy’s kin. | 亲近她仇人的亲人而彻底疯掉 |
[02:01] | But as the day wore on, no insane reaction came, | 但随着这天慢慢过去 她并没有出现疯狂的反应 |
[02:05] | and Devi realized… | 德维意识到… |
[02:06] | I think I’m cool with it. | 我好像可以接受这件事 |
[02:07] | Like, initially, I was kind of freaked out, | 一开始我是有点抓狂 |
[02:10] | but I was thinking about it, and I feel like I wanna do… | 可我一直在想这件事 |
[02:14] | [exhales sharply] What’s that word opposite of sabotage? | 然后我感觉我想要… 阻挠的反义词是什么来着? |
[02:16] | You mean help? | 你是想说帮忙吗? |
[02:18] | Yes, that’s it. I wanna help my mom get him. | 对 就是那个 我想要帮我妈追到他 |
[02:21] | You know, I just don’t want her to be all alone after I’m gone next year. | 我不想等明年我走后她孤零零一个人 |
[02:25] | I’m moving on to a cool new life and so should she. | 我要过上酷酷的新生活了 她也该那样才对 |
[02:28] | I get it. My parents can’t survive without each other. | 我懂 我父母离开彼此就活不下去了 |
[02:30] | [inhales deeply] It takes two of them to clip my dad into the Peloton. | 他们两人得合力 才能让我爸把鞋扣到动感单车上 |
[02:33] | I don’t know what he’s gonna do when we go look at colleges this weekend. | 我不知道这周末我们去参观大学了 他要怎么办 |
[02:36] | Oh. You’re looking at other colleges? | 你还要去参观别的大学吗? |
[02:38] | Just to make sure Princeton’s the best fit, | 对 我只是想确保 |
[02:39] | which it probably is. | 普林斯顿是最适合我的 也许确实是 |
[02:40] | So don’t worry, we’ll still be roomies. Oh, and also prom dates. | 别担心 我们还是会成为室友的 噢 还有毕业舞会的舞伴 |
[02:44] | I was talking to Addison, and they’ll be out of town for prom, | 我跟艾迪森聊过了 他要出城去参加舞会 |
[02:46] | so I thought the three of us could go together. | 所以我想我们三个可以一起参加 |
[02:48] | [Devi gasps] Yes! I love that. | 好啊!这主意真不错 |
[02:50] | I mean, you two are the best relationship I’ve had in high school. | 你们俩是我在高中最好的朋友 |
[02:53] | -So it’s only fitting that we go together. -I know. Eleanor, are you in? | -我们一起去再适合不过了 -就是说啊 |
[02:56] | Huh? Uh… | 埃莉诺 你要一起吗? |
[02:58] | I agree with Devi. | 我同意德维说的 |
[03:00] | -She said something, right? -Eleanor, come on. | -她说了什么 对吧? -埃莉诺 拜托 |
[03:02] | We’re talking about prom. | 我们在聊毕业舞会的事 |
[03:04] | We hardly ever get to see you now, | 我们现在几乎都见不到你 |
[03:06] | and when we do, you’re always so distracted. | 好不容易见到了 你又总是心不在焉 |
[03:08] | I know. I’m sorry. | 我知道 很抱歉 |
[03:10] | I’m just reading the script for the movie I’m working on tomorrow. | 我只是在看我明天要演的电影的剧本 |
[03:13] | -Oh. -Did you get a line this time? | 你这次有台词吗? |
[03:14] | No, but I heard that one of the extras might get to be a corpse on the poster. | 没有 但我听说其中一个临时演员 也许有机会演海报上的一具尸体 |
[03:19] | Well, that sounds cool. | -哇 |
[03:22] | So what about going to prom with us? | 那听上去挺不错呢 -那跟我们一起去毕业舞会的事呢? |
[03:23] | I mean, this is gonna be the last high school thing | 这也许会是 |
[03:25] | that we get to do together. | 我们在高中能一起做的最后一件事了 |
[03:27] | I know, but my agent really wants me to network. | 我知道 可我的经纪人 非常希望我去拓展人脉 |
[03:30] | The producers on this movie I’m doing tomorrow night | 我明天参演的这部电影的制片人 |
[03:33] | are also the producers for the new marble movie. | 也是新的鳗鱼电影的制片人 |
[03:36] | Oh, you mean Marvel movie. | 噢 你是想说漫威电影吧? |
[03:38] | No, it’s a movie about marbles. | 不 那是一部讲鳗鱼的电影 |
[03:41] | But maybe they’ll see me and think, “Hey, that corpse has something special.” | 但也许他们会看到我 并心想:“嘿 那具尸体挺特别的” |
[03:46] | So I just can’t commit to prom right now. | 所以我现在不能去参加毕业舞会 |
[03:49] | Hmm. | |
[03:50] | [gentle music playing] | |
[03:52] | Okay, Nirmala Mami, tomorrow we’re taking care of you. | 好了 尼玛拉我的妈妈 明天我们会照顾你的 |
[03:55] | So what would you like to do for your birthday dinner? | 所以你的生日晚宴想怎么办? |
[03:57] | Oh, I’m a simple woman. I don’t need much, | 我是个简单的女人 我不需要太多东西 |
[04:00] | just my family and loved ones, | 只要有我的家人和爱人陪着我 |
[04:02] | and maybe a catered dinner from a Michelin-star restaurant. | 也许再有一桌 米其林星级餐厅做的大餐就行了 |
[04:05] | -Wow, only that? -[Nirmala] Yes. | -哇 那样就行了吗? -是的 |
[04:07] | But don’t worry about dessert because Len is taking care of it. | 但你们不用操心甜品的事 因为伦恩会负责搞定 |
[04:11] | [Devi] Hmm. | 好了 |
[04:12] | Well, I’m off to call Verizon about a rebate. | 我要去打给电话公司 要求他们退款了 |
[04:14] | There’s no better way to end the day. | 用这样的方式结束一天再好不过了 |
[04:18] | Everyone be warned, Len is definitely planning to bake a cake himself. | 大家注意了 伦恩绝对是打算自己烤一个蛋糕 |
[04:21] | Kamala, how do you know that Len is planning to bake a cake by himself? | 卡玛拉 你怎么知道 伦恩打算自己烤一个蛋糕? |
[04:25] | [whispering] You’re not still following him around, are you? | 你不会还在跟踪他吧? |
[04:28] | -Maybe? -Kamala. | -也许吧? -卡玛拉 |
[04:29] | Okay, well, you would follow him around too, if you saw what I saw. | 拜托 如果你看到了 我看到的那件事 你也会跟踪他的 |
[04:32] | Ooh, you mean when he was F-boying around with that Eurotrash thot? | 你是说他跟那个欧洲荡妇乱搞的事? |
[04:35] | [Nalini] Devi. | 德维 |
[04:37] | I don’t know what you just said, | 我不懂你在说什么 |
[04:38] | but I believe it is language I do not want in this house. | 但我相信 那是我不希望在这个家里听到的话 |
[04:40] | Let me talk to your cousin. | 让我跟你表姐单独谈谈 |
[04:44] | I swear he is hatching a plan with his mistress to steal Pati’s money. | 我发誓他在和他的情妇密谋 骗走奶奶的钱 |
[04:48] | If Len were a con man, | 如果伦恩真的是骗子 |
[04:49] | you would have found something out, and you haven’t. | 那你早该查到点什么了 可你什么也没查到 |
[04:52] | But I just know that he’s up to something. | 可我就是知道他不怀好意 |
[04:54] | And Pati’s too trusting. | 而且奶奶太容易相信人了 |
[04:56] | She writes back to every piece of spam that she gets. | 她会给她收到的每一封垃圾邮件回信 |
[04:58] | How are you remotely keeping up with your research with all this going on? | 你管着这么多事 怎么可能还跟得上研究进度啊? |
[05:03] | I’m a little behind. | 我的进度有点落后了 |
[05:04] | Come on. You really have to let this Len stuff go. [somber music playing] | 拜托 |
[05:10] | [sighs] [knocking] | 你真的得放下伦恩的事了 |
[05:13] | So Margot’s dad has done quite a bit of work around the house. | 话说 玛歌的爸爸 在我们家干了不少活呢 |
[05:17] | It’s almost as if once one project is done, | 简直就像是他刚忙完一个活 |
[05:20] | you happen to find another one for him. | 你就碰巧又给他找到了另一个活 |
[05:23] | What are you getting at, Devi? | 你想说什么 德维? |
[05:24] | I just wanted to let you know | 我只是想告诉你 |
[05:27] | that if you happen to have a crush on him, I’d be cool with it. | 如果你喜欢他 那我也不反对 |
[05:30] | What? I’m a grown woman. | 什么?我是个成年人 |
[05:32] | The only things I crush are garlic and the crossword. | 我只喜欢大蒜和填字游戏 |
[05:35] | Are you sure? I mean, I heard a lot of giggling this morning. | 你确定?今天早上 我听见你咯咯地笑得可欢了 |
[05:37] | -Just admit it, you like him. -I do not. | -你就承认吧 你喜欢他 -我才不喜欢他呢 |
[05:40] | Mom, you do, and you should ask him out. | 妈妈 你喜欢他 你该约他出去的 |
[05:42] | [laughs] For heaven’s sake, Devi, I’m not gonna ask him out. | 我的老天爷啊 德维 我是不会约他出去的 |
[05:46] | Just invite him to Pati’s birthday dinner. | 你就邀请他来参加奶奶的生日晚宴吧 |
[05:48] | It’s barely romantic. He’ll probably end up finding her teeth in a napkin. | 那算不上浪漫 他说不定 会在一张餐巾纸里发现奶奶的牙齿 |
[05:51] | Come on, Mom. You know you want to. | 就请他来吧 妈妈 你知道你想的 |
[05:54] | -Fine. -Yay! | -好吧 -太好了! |
[05:56] | I guess it’s not a horrible idea | 我觉得邀请一个好人 |
[05:58] | to invite a nice man to a respectable family dinner. | 来参加一场体面的家庭晚宴 也不失为一个好主意 |
[06:00] | Great. Okay, so should we text him now? | 很好 我们现在就给他发信息吗? |
[06:02] | Chi. 9 p.m. | 说什么傻话呢?现在都晚上九点了 |
[06:04] | You think I’m some Jennifer Coolidge character? | 你以为我是 詹妮佛·库里奇那样的人吗? |
[06:07] | I’ll just talk to him in the morning. | 我明天早上再跟他说吧 |
[06:10] | -[Devi] Okay. -Out. | -好吧 |
[06:11] | [pleasant music playing] | -出去 |
[06:15] | [Devi] Oh my God. Mom, he’s here. | 噢 天啊 妈妈 他来了 |
[06:16] | -Okay. -[Devi] Mom, come here. | -好 -妈妈 过来 |
[06:19] | Wait, hold on. Devi, what are you… What are you doing? | 等等 等会儿 德维 你干什么啊? |
[06:22] | We are playing to your strengths, Mom. Take it as a compliment. | 我们这是在发挥你的长处 你就把这当作是一种赞美吧 |
[06:24] | And let those slut strands breathe. | 留着这龙须刘海吧 |
[06:27] | Will you just get out of here? And… And don’t listen, okay? | 你能走开吗? |
[06:31] | -[Nalini sighs] -Hmm. | 还有不准听我们说话 知道吗? |
[06:34] | -Andres, hello. Hi. -[Andres] Hi. Hi. | -安德烈 你好 嗨 -嗨 |
[06:37] | You look… Are you going somewhere? | 你看起来…你要去哪儿吗? |
[06:39] | No. No. I mean, yes, I… I gotta work. [laughs] | 不 我是说 |
[06:43] | -[chuckles] -Um… | 是的 我要去上班 |
[06:44] | But before I leave, I was just, um… | 可在我出门之前 我… |
[06:47] | I was wondering what you were doing tonight. | 我想问问你今晚有什么安排 |
[06:49] | Um, we’re just having a birthday dinner for Nirmala, | 我们准备给尼玛拉办一场生日晚宴 |
[06:52] | and it is absolutely nothing fancy, but I was just, um… | 不是什么很奢华的宴会 可我… |
[06:57] | May… Maybe you’d like to come? | 也许你会想来参加? |
[07:00] | Oh. | |
[07:01] | -I’d love to come to dinner. -Okay, good. | -我很乐意来参加 -好 那太好了 |
[07:05] | But… I’m not sure I should. | 但是 我不确定我该不该来 |
[07:10] | [sighs] You know the situation with our daughters is… complicated, | 你也知道 我们女儿的情况很复杂 |
[07:14] | and Margot understands me working here, | 玛歌能理解我来这里工作 |
[07:16] | but I’m not sure if she’d be okay with anything more than that. | 但是 |
[07:20] | Mmm. | 我不确定 她能否接受除此以外的事 |
[07:23] | -I’m sorry. -Oh my goodness, it’s okay. | -很抱歉 -噢 天啊 没关系 |
[07:25] | It was a silly idea. | 这是个糟糕的主意 |
[07:27] | [McEnroe] And with that, Devi knew she had to find a way to make up with Margot. | 看到这一幕 德维知道 她必须想办法与玛歌和好 |
[07:32] | But how do you win over someone who detests you? | 可你要怎么说服 一个憎恨你的人跟你和好呢? |
[07:35] | Probably by just being yourself… | 或许可以通过做自己… |
[07:37] | Hey, girl. What’s good? | 嘿 美女 你好吗? -好吧 |
[07:40] | -Uh, okay, sorry. Uh, let me start over. -What do you want, Devi? | 对不起 让我重来一次 -你有何贵干 德维? |
[07:45] | I know we had our issues back in the fall, | 我知道我们在秋天时有过矛盾 |
[07:48] | but we’re cool now, right? | 但我们现在已经没事了 对吧? |
[07:49] | No, I deeply hate you and think you’re a bad person. | 不 我非常恨你 而且我认为你是个坏人 |
[07:52] | But what about your dad? | 那你爸呢? |
[07:54] | You love him, right? | 你爱他 对吧? |
[07:56] | Are you feeling okay? | 你还好吗? |
[07:57] | Yeah. Yeah. Never better. | 我很好 好到不能再好了 |
[07:59] | I just think that my mom and your dad might make a cute couple. | 我只是觉得我妈和你爸 也许能凑成很棒的一对 |
[08:04] | I doubt it. | 我不那样认为 |
[08:05] | My dad mostly dates, like, yoga teachers, aestheticians, flight attendants. | 我爸交往的对象 大多是瑜伽老师、美学家和空姐 |
[08:10] | -You get what I’m saying. -Uh… My mom is very hot. | -我什么意思你懂的 -我妈很有魅力的 |
[08:13] | The greeter at Costco winks at her every time we go. | 每次我们到超市去 那里的迎宾员都会向她眨眼 |
[08:15] | And I think that your dad would be into her | 我觉得如果你爸认为 |
[08:18] | if he thought you and I were friends. | 你和我是朋友 他就会喜欢上她了 |
[08:19] | Well, we’re definitely not friends, | 我们绝对不是朋友 |
[08:21] | and I don’t really want my dad to date your mom. | 而且我也不太想我爸跟你妈交往 |
[08:23] | But my mom isn’t me. | 可我妈又不是我 |
[08:25] | She’s a completely reasonable super smart doctor. | 她是个非常通情达理 又绝顶聪明的医生 |
[08:28] | And when you go off to school, | 而且 等你去上学了 |
[08:30] | do you want your dad to just be sad and lonely, | 你想让你爸又伤心又孤独 |
[08:33] | falling asleep every night on his La-Z-Boy? | 每晚都在他的躺椅上睡着吗? |
[08:40] | [sighs] I’ll even throw in some In-N-Out to sweeten the deal. | 我再给你一点甜头吧 |
[08:42] | [exhales] | 我会请你吃汉堡的 |
[08:45] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[08:47] | But I want a shake too. [inhales] Mmm. | 但我还要一杯奶昔 |
[08:50] | Alrighty, sista… | 好了 姐妹… |
[08:52] | No? | 不想吗?那算了 |
[08:54] | No. | |
[08:56] | Yo, Big Ben. Can I sit? | 哟 |
[08:58] | -Uh, sure. -Sweet. | 大本 |
[09:01] | [wrapper rustling] | 我可以坐这儿吗? |
[09:10] | Mmm. | -可以 |
[09:11] | [chomping] Mmm. | -很好 |
[09:13] | Pardon my interruption, but why are you even doing homework anyway? | 请原谅我打断你 但你为什么还要做作业? |
[09:16] | Didn’t you get into some good school? | 你不是已经进了一所好学校吗? |
[09:17] | Yeah, but I still have to do my assignments. | 没错 可我还是得做作业 |
[09:20] | -Why? -Because I have to. | -为什么? -因为我不得不做 |
[09:22] | If I let my grades slip, Columbia might take back my acceptance. | 如果我让我的成绩下滑 哥大可能会取消我的录取资格 |
[09:25] | No, that’s a myth. | 不 那纯属空穴来风 |
[09:26] | -No, it’s not. -[Trent] Yeah, it is. | -不 那不是空穴来风 -那就是空穴来风 |
[09:28] | You think admissions officers | 你以为招生人员会去复查 |
[09:30] | are double-checking the grades of over 1,000 kids? | 一千多个孩子的成绩吗? |
[09:32] | No, they’re on vacation, baby. | 才不会呢 他们都休假去了 兄弟 |
[09:34] | And you know who else needs a break? | 你知道还有谁需要休息吗? |
[09:36] | You, my nerdy little homie. | 你 我的书呆子小兄弟 |
[09:38] | I wouldn’t even know what to do with a break. | 我都不知道休息时该做什么 |
[09:41] | I’m not, like, a chill person. | 我不是一个懂得放松的人 |
[09:43] | [whimsical music playing] | |
[09:45] | I can teach you how to chill. | 我可以教你怎么放松 |
[09:55] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[09:57] | [Andres] And that’s… I mean, that’s everything. | |
[09:59] | -[Nalini] Is it? -[Andres laughing] Yeah. | |
[10:02] | [laughing] | |
[10:03] | [whispering] See? Look at them. | 看到没?你看看他们 |
[10:05] | [speaking indistinctly] | |
[10:06] | -What? -[photo frame clatters] | 什么? |
[10:10] | Margot? | 玛歌? |
[10:12] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么在这儿? |
[10:14] | I’m, uh… hanging out… hanging out with Devi. [blows raspberry] | 我在跟德维一起玩 |
[10:21] | What? Really? | 什么?真的? |
[10:22] | Yup. We are friends now. | 真的 |
[10:25] | [Margot] Mm-hmm. | 我们现在是朋友了 |
[10:27] | And I was thinking maybe she could come to Pati’s dinner tonight? | 而且我在想 也许今晚 她可以来参加奶奶的生日晚宴? |
[10:31] | [gasps] Oh my God, Mr. Ramos, you should come too. | 噢 天啊 拉莫斯先生 你也应该来参加 |
[10:34] | Oh no, no. No, actually, he cannot come… | 噢 不 事实上 他不能来… |
[10:37] | Actually, I… I’d love to. [happy music playing] | 事实上 |
[10:47] | [phone chimes] [indistinct chatter] | 我很乐意来参加 |
[10:50] | [Ben] Dude, send me that TikTok of the shark dancing on the stripper pole. | 伙计 发那段 鲨鱼跳钢管舞的抖音视频给我吧 |
[10:53] | All right, everyone. Here you go. | 好了 各位 给你 |
[10:56] | Dinner is served. | 菜上齐了 |
[10:57] | Please dig in. | 请开动吧 |
[10:58] | I’ll take that. | 这玩意我收了 |
[11:00] | Pati, Manish sent these for you. He apologizes for missing your dinner. | 奶奶 这是曼尼什送你的 他为不能来给你庆生向你道歉 |
[11:03] | Ooh, Godiva Seashell Collection. | 喔 |
[11:06] | It will hurt to regift this one. | 是歌帝梵的海贝系列巧克力 把这礼物转送出去会让人很心疼的 |
[11:09] | Thank you all for letting us join you this evening. | 感谢你们大家 |
[11:11] | [chuckles softly] | 让我们来参加今晚的晚宴 |
[11:12] | This is actually the longest job I’ve ever done. | 这是我干过最久的一个活 |
[11:14] | -Hmm. -[Kamala chuckles] | |
[11:16] | But it’s also been my favorite. | 但也是我最喜欢的一个 |
[11:22] | [phone chiming] | |
[11:25] | [chiming stops] | |
[11:26] | Uh, so, Devi and Margot, how did you two make up? | 话说 |
[11:30] | Ah… | 德维和玛歌 你们俩是怎么和好的? |
[11:32] | Well, we realized that our little misunderstanding earlier | 我们意识到了 |
[11:36] | was just silly, you know? | 我们之前的小误会微不足道 |
[11:37] | Hmm. | 你们懂吧? |
[11:38] | Yeah, I… I also thought it was silly how I almost got kicked out of school, | 是啊 我也觉得 我差点被赶出学校的事微不足道 |
[11:42] | so I just told Devi, | 于是我就跟德维说 |
[11:44] | “Sure, I forgive you for being such a reckless psycho.” | “好吧 |
[11:47] | [chuckles] And that is how we are friends, and we both like it. | 我原谅 你那些鲁莽的疯子行为了” |
[11:53] | -[phone chiming] -[Len sighs] | 我们就是这样成为朋友的 我们都很喜欢这样 |
[11:58] | Len, it seems like someone’s trying to call you. You should pick it up. | 伦恩 貌似有人 一直在给你打电话 你该接一下 |
[12:01] | I don’t wanna distract from Nirmy’s special day, | 我不想让大家不能专心 给小尼玛庆祝这个特别的日子 |
[12:04] | so I’m gonna take it upstairs. | 所以我去楼上接好了 |
[12:10] | Wow. That is a real loud ringtone. | 哇 那铃声还真响 |
[12:12] | Ugh. Just be happy he changed it from “why you gotta be so rude?” | 你该庆幸他换掉了 “你为什么要那么无礼”那首歌 |
[12:15] | -No, that sucks. -Mm-hmm. [laughs] | 不 那首歌可烂了 |
[12:18] | You know what? I also have to go upstairs. | 那个 我也得上楼去 |
[12:20] | To use the washroom. | 我要去洗手间 |
[12:22] | You can hear everything downstairs. | 你们在楼下可以听得一清二楚 |
[12:26] | IBS runs rampant in our family. | 我们家的人肠胃都不怎么好 |
[12:29] | Oh. | |
[12:31] | [whispering] Is everything all right? | 有什么事吗? |
[12:34] | I can’t talk right now. | 我现在不方便说话 |
[12:35] | It’s Nirmala’s birthday dinner. | 我们在给尼玛拉办生日晚宴 |
[12:38] | Of course you can’t come here. | 你当然不能过来了 |
[12:40] | We gotta stick to the plan and wait till after the wedding, | 我们得按计划行事 一直等到婚礼之后 |
[12:44] | or we’re gonna blow it. | 不然我们会搞砸的 |
[12:45] | They’re already getting suspicious. | 她们已经起疑心了 |
[12:47] | [suspicious music playing] | |
[12:52] | Hello. Eleanor Wong. | 你好 我叫埃莉诺·王 |
[12:54] | Featured background. Shall I report to hair and makeup? | 我是前景演员 我要去化妆和弄头发了吗? |
[12:57] | Uh… no, you can have a seat. | 不 你可以先坐一下 |
[12:59] | We’ll call you when it’s time to be laser-beamed to death by aliens. | 等轮到你被外星人用激光射死时 我们会叫你的 |
[13:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:03] | [woman] Eleanor? | 埃莉诺? |
[13:07] | [exhales] | |
[13:09] | Mom? | 妈妈? |
[13:10] | [McEnroe] Now, as you may remember, the last time Eleanor saw her mom, | 你也许还记得 上次埃莉诺见到她妈妈时 |
[13:13] | she abandoned her and left her in shambles. | 她抛弃了她 还让她陷入了一片混乱 |
[13:16] | Since then, there had only been a few phone calls and texts between them. | 自那以后 她们之间 就只有几次电话和信息交流 |
[13:21] | Well, and also one invitation for Eleanor to be on Joyce’s podcast, | 乔伊斯还给埃莉诺 发过一次邀请 让她上她的播客 |
[13:26] | The Joyce of Acting. | 《乔伊斯的演艺之乐》 |
[13:27] | Wow. You’re back in town. | 哇 你回来了 |
[13:29] | I am. | 没错 |
[13:31] | Uh, for a minute. | 我只回来一阵子 |
[13:32] | I was just about to call you. [chuckles] | 我正准备给你打电话呢 |
[13:34] | So how are you, sweetie? | 你过得还好吗 |
[13:36] | Uh, I’m actually doing great. | 宝贝? 我过得挺好的 |
[13:39] | I graduated early, and now I’m acting full-time. | 我提前毕业了 现在我在全职演戏 |
[13:42] | Ooh, following in my footsteps. | 喔 你在步我的后尘啊 |
[13:45] | But maybe now that you’re acting professionally, | 但既然你现在成了职业演员 |
[13:47] | you’ll see why I’ve done some of the things I’ve done. | 你也许会明白 我当初为什么会做我做过的一些事 |
[13:49] | You mean how you flaked on me my whole life? | 你是说我长这么大 你从来没在我身边陪过我的事? |
[13:52] | Oh, honey. | 噢 宝贝 |
[13:54] | I know I upset you the last time we saw each other, | 我知道上次我们见面时我让你很伤心 |
[13:57] | and I am so sorry about that. | 对此我很抱歉 |
[14:00] | It’s just that when you’re an actor, | 只是当你成了一名演员 |
[14:02] | you don’t have control of where or when you’re gonna work next. | 你就无法控制 你什么时候要去什么地方工作了 |
[14:04] | But if you stick to it long enough, you’ll get your big break. | 但如果你坚持得够久 你就会取得重大的突破 |
[14:08] | For instance, I booked my first national commercial last week. | 比如说 上周我接到了 我的第一则在全美国播出的广告 |
[14:12] | I play “depressed woman at fun pool party.” | 我扮演 |
[14:15] | [scoffs] | “在有趣的泳池派对上的抑郁女人” |
[14:16] | Congratulations, Mom. | 恭喜你 妈妈 |
[14:19] | Hey, I need someone to be a corpse for our publicity stills. | 嘿 我需要一个人来演 我们宣传剧照里的一具尸体 |
[14:22] | I played dead three times in SVU. | 我在《法律与秩序:特殊受害者》里 演过三次死人 |
[14:25] | [McEnroe] As Eleanor saw the desperation in her mother’s face | 当埃莉诺看到 她母亲为了演海报上的一具尸体 |
[14:28] | to play a dead body on a poster, | 而流露出的渴求神色时 |
[14:31] | she was filled with deep pity. | 她内心充满了深深的怜悯 |
[14:33] | Okay, fine. You. | 好 |
[14:34] | [exhales] | 行 |
[14:36] | [sentimental music playing] | 就你了 |
[14:40] | You know what? Actually, I think my daughter should do it. | 那个 我觉得这个角色该让我女儿演 |
[14:45] | Yeah, I don’t care who it is. | 可以 谁演都行 我不在乎 |
[14:47] | It’s okay, Mom. You take it. | 没关系 妈妈 你演吧 |
[14:50] | You sure? | 你确定吗? |
[14:51] | [music continues] | |
[15:00] | [Andres laughing] | |
[15:03] | I think your scheme is working. | 我感觉你的计划奏效了 |
[15:05] | Your mom just listened to my dad | 你妈在听我爸 |
[15:06] | describe an entire episode of Yellowstone in detail. | 详细地讲《黄石》其中一整集的剧情 |
[15:09] | I know. And normally, she’s like, | 我知道 通常她都会说 |
[15:10] | “serialized TV is for society’s laziest workers.” | “连续剧是给社会上最懒的劳工看的” |
[15:14] | Tonight hasn’t been as annoying as I thought it would be. | 今晚没有我以为的那么讨厌 |
[15:16] | Like, if Ben didn’t exist, I could see us being friends. | 如果没有本的话 我感觉我们是可以做朋友的 |
[15:20] | Me too. | 我也有同感 |
[15:21] | But hey, you gotta give it to him. He’s got great taste in girlfriends. | 但你不得不承认他有一个优点 |
[15:25] | -[laughs] -[phone vibrates] | 他找女朋友的眼光是真的好 |
[15:27] | Ah. Speak of the devil. | 说曹操 |
[15:29] | -Huh? -Uh, Ben just texted me. | 曹操就到 |
[15:32] | Oh. You guys still text? | 本刚刚给我发了条信息 你们还会互发信息? |
[15:35] | Yeah, it’s kind of random. | 是啊 挺奇怪的 |
[15:37] | He just started texting me out of nowhere recently. | 他最近突然开始给我发信息 |
[15:39] | [McEnroe] Little fancy boy did what now? | 那个衣着光鲜的小子又做了什么? |
[15:42] | Sorry, is… is this weird to talk about? I… | 对不起 聊这样的话题会不会很怪? |
[15:44] | No, no, no, not weird at all. Ben and I are just friends. | 不 一点也不怪 我和本只是普通朋友 |
[15:47] | Yeah. [chuckles] | 是啊 |
[15:49] | Yeah, I assumed so ’cause if you were gonna get together, | 我也是这么认为的 因为如果你们要在一起 |
[15:52] | you probably would’ve done it right after we broke up. | 我们分手后你们应该马上就在一起了 |
[15:54] | Right. [chuckles] | 没错 |
[15:56] | ‘Cause that’s when that would happen, if it were going to. | 因为如果我们真要在一起 那早就在一起了 |
[16:02] | So, what’s the deal with you guys? | 所以 |
[16:04] | [McEnroe] Ah! A teen girl classic, | 你们俩现在是什么情况? 这是典型少女会做的事 |
[16:07] | pretending to not be interested in the person you’re interested in | 假装对你感兴趣的人不感兴趣 |
[16:11] | to find out if he’s actually interested in the other girl interested in him. | 好看看他是否 对另一个对他感兴趣的女生感兴趣 |
[16:15] | I don’t know. [sighs] | 我不知道 |
[16:17] | I guess I still have some feelings, | 我对他好像还是有点感觉的 |
[16:20] | but I can’t tell from his texts what he’s thinking. | 但从他的信息我看不出他是什么想法 |
[16:23] | Maybe if you showed it to me, I can help you figure it out. | 如果你让我看看的话 或许我能帮你弄清楚 |
[16:26] | [McEnroe] While Ben had been texting Devi about stripping sharks, | 本给德维发信息 聊的是跳钢管舞的鲨鱼 |
[16:29] | he’d been asking Margot about her hopes and dreams | 而他问玛歌的都是她的希望与梦想 |
[16:33] | and hearting all her texts. | 而且她的每条信息他都回复一个爱心 |
[16:34] | Sure, he was texting them both, | 没错 他是给她们俩都发信息 |
[16:36] | but Devi was clearly in the friend zone. | 但很明显他只是把德维当朋友 |
[16:39] | Yeah, it seems like the feelings are mutual. | 没错 看样子他也对你有感觉 |
[16:42] | Really? | 真的? |
[16:43] | Margot, you’re our guest. You should relax. I’ll help Devi tidy up. | 玛歌 你是我们的客人 你该去休息 我来帮德维收拾就好了 |
[16:47] | -Oh, uh, I don’t mind… -Go sit. | -噢 我不介意… -去坐下 |
[16:52] | Are you okay? Your eyes are seriously bugging out. | 你没事吧?你的眼睛凸得很厉害 |
[16:54] | I stole Len’s phone. I need you to help break into it. | 我偷了伦恩的手机 我需要你破解他的锁屏密码 |
[16:56] | Holy shit. You’ve gone full insane. | 天啊 你彻底失去理智了 |
[17:00] | -Hurry up. -Uh… [sighs] | 快点 |
[17:02] | Len, what’s your passcode? | 伦恩 你手机的锁屏密码是什么? |
[17:04] | [Len] Four-three-two-one. | 四三二一 |
[17:06] | -It’s smart because it’s backwards. -[Devi] Awesome. | -它的巧妙之处在于它是倒着数的 -太妙了 |
[17:08] | I’m gonna download an app that makes your hair purple. | 我要下载一个应用 把你的头发弄成紫色 |
[17:11] | -Okay. -[Len] Love it. | -好了 |
[17:12] | Make it my profile picture. | -我喜欢 |
[17:15] | [gasps] He calls her “baby.” | 把它做成我的头像吧 |
[17:17] | Ew. | (宝贝 |
[17:18] | [sighs] | 小尼玛) 他管那女人叫“宝贝” |
[17:19] | W-W-Wait. What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[17:21] | It’s time to get some answers. | 是时候来找出答案了 |
[17:25] | The student becomes the master. | 学生变成老师了 |
[17:30] | So when’s this gummy supposed to kick in? | 这大麻软糖什么时候会起效? |
[17:33] | Do you not feel anything? | 你没感觉吗? |
[17:35] | Maybe you have, like, a super high tolerance. | 或许你有着超高的耐药力 |
[17:37] | Hmm, that’s not surprising. I’m always really hydrated, | 这并不奇怪 我一直有喝足水 |
[17:40] | and my personal trainer says that I have less body fat than The Rock. | 而且我的私人教练说 我的体脂比巨石强森都要少 |
[17:43] | Well, you could always eat another. | 你总可以再来一颗啊 |
[17:45] | There’s no such thing as too high. | 不存在爽过头这么一说的 |
[17:47] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:52] | So, what we do now? | 那我们现在要做什么? |
[17:54] | Well, some people like to watch weird cartoons, | 有些人喜欢看些奇怪的动画片 |
[17:57] | but I prefer to share. | 但我更喜欢倾谈 |
[18:00] | -Share what? -Our lives, our stories, our truths. | -倾谈什么? -我们的生活、故事、真心话 |
[18:05] | But we can start small. Who do you love? | 但可以从小事说起 你爱的人是谁? |
[18:07] | Wha… What? | 什么? |
[18:08] | I don’t… I don’t know. No one. | 我不知道 我没有爱的人 |
[18:10] | I said our truths, Ben. | 我说了要说我们的真心话 |
[18:12] | We are the only two people in this dimension right now. | 本 现在这个维度里就只有我们两个人 |
[18:15] | -We cannot lie to each other. -Fine, yeah. Um… | -我们不能对彼此说谎 -好吧 行 |
[18:19] | There… might be someone. | 我或许是有一个爱的人 |
[18:21] | Okay. Tell me more. | 好 |
[18:23] | [sighs] Fine. | 再跟我多讲讲吧 好吧 |
[18:26] | -I had a dream about her. -Oh, a dream? | -我梦见了她 |
[18:30] | [exhales] | -噢 你梦见了她? |
[18:31] | Tell me about this dream. | 跟我讲讲你的那个梦吧 |
[18:34] | [sighs] | |
[18:35] | Well, it… it all started out pretty normal, then… | 一开始一切都很正常 然后… |
[18:39] | [Devi] Hey, handsome. | 嘿 |
[18:40] | [“Back to Heaven” by Later. playing] | 帅哥 |
[18:42] | Devi? | -德维? |
[18:43] | I am so much better at school than you. | -我在学校的表现要比你好得多 |
[18:48] | -Hey, where’s my shirt? -Oh, this old thing? | 嘿 我的上衣呢? |
[18:52] | [chuckles] | 噢 你说这玩意吗? |
[18:54] | Oops. | 哎呀 |
[18:56] | [exhales sharply] | |
[18:57] | [“Back to Heaven” continues playing] | |
[19:00] | Just sit back and let me take charge. | 你坐好 让我来动就好了 |
[19:06] | You know you like it better that way. | 你知道你更喜欢那样的 |
[19:08] | ♪ Back to heaven ♪ | |
[19:12] | Whoa. | 哇 |
[19:14] | I had that exact same humiliating dream about Eleanor, | 我也曾做过同样丢人的梦 梦见的是埃莉诺 |
[19:17] | which means you really love her. | 那说明你真的很爱她 |
[19:19] | You must go to her. | 你必须去找她 |
[19:21] | What? What are you talking about? Right now? | 什么?你在说什么呢?现在吗? |
[19:23] | Yes, Benjamin. You must tell her how you feel. There’s no time to waste. | 对 本杰明 你必须告诉她你的感受 没有时间可以浪费了 |
[19:26] | I can’t. What if she doesn’t feel the same way? | 我不能那样做 要是她对我没感觉呢? |
[19:29] | Doesn’t matter. You must speak your truth. | 没关系 你必须说出你的真心话 |
[19:31] | She needs to know. | 她需要知道 |
[19:33] | Now go. | 现在就去 |
[19:34] | [motivational music playing] | |
[19:35] | [sighs] | |
[19:42] | Does everyone want tea? | 大家都要茶吧? |
[19:43] | -[doorbell rings] -Oh. | |
[19:44] | I got it! I got it! | 我去开门! |
[19:47] | Hey, you know what goes great with tea? | 嘿 知道什么跟茶最配吗? |
[19:49] | Cake. | 蛋糕 |
[19:50] | Wait till you see what I made for you, Nirmy. | 等着瞧我给你做了什么吧 小尼玛 |
[19:54] | Oh, it’s you. | 噢 是你啊 |
[19:57] | [exhales] Hi. I’m looking for Devi. | 嗨 我是来找德维的 |
[20:00] | Ben? | 本? |
[20:02] | Margot. What are you doing here? | 玛歌 你怎么在这儿? |
[20:04] | What are you doing here? | 你又怎么在这儿? 噢 |
[20:09] | [chuckles] Oh my God, I’m… I’m so dumb. Is something going on between you two? | 天啊 我真是个大傻瓜 你们俩之间有什么吗? |
[20:14] | Were you lying to me when I stupidly opened up to you? | 我刚才傻傻地向你敞开心扉时 你都是在骗我吗? |
[20:17] | No, no, no, Margot, I promise. Ben and I are just friends. | 不 玛歌 我向你保证 我和本只是普通朋友 |
[20:20] | -Right, Ben? -Uh… Um… [groans] | 对吧 |
[20:25] | -[high-pitched whine] -[breathing heavily] [dramatic music plays] -[echoing] Um… -[happy music playing] | 本? |
[20:33] | -[echoing] Then why is he holding flowers? -I don’t know. | 那他为什么拿着花? 我不知道 |
[20:36] | Is that, like, a present for my grandmother? | 那是要送给我奶奶的礼物吗? |
[20:40] | Okay. Look, Margot, Ben and I are not remotely a thing. | 好吧 听着 玛歌 我和本之间什么也没有 |
[20:45] | He’s the one that said we should never be together | 他说过我们永远都不该在一起 |
[20:47] | because we’re both too insecure and competitive. | 因为我们俩都太没安全感和太好胜了 |
[20:50] | And he’s right. | 而他说得没错 |
[20:51] | He’s too mean, and I’m too crazy. | 他太刻薄 而我又太疯狂了 |
[20:54] | Together, we’re just two otters trying to dunk each other. | 我们俩在一起 就像两只都想把对方按进水里的水獭 |
[20:57] | Then what is he doing here? | 那他怎么会来这里? |
[20:58] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[21:00] | [echoing] Ben, why are you here? | 本 你为什么会来这里? |
[21:04] | -Because I’m on drugs. -What? | -因为我嗑药了 -什么? |
[21:06] | [Len] Hey, hey, everybody. | 嘿 各位 |
[21:07] | Be prepared to be amazed by my gorgeous cake. | 准备好被我这漂亮的蛋糕惊艳到吧 |
[21:12] | Get it? | 看懂了吗? |
[21:13] | Nirmy is the apple of my eye. | 小尼玛是我眼里的苹果 是我的挚爱 |
[21:15] | Wouldn’t this be more like the eye of your apple? | 这不更像是你苹果里的眼睛吗? |
[21:17] | [upbeat music playing] | 噢 |
[21:22] | Oh God. | 天啊 |
[21:24] | -What’s wrong with that apple? -[all gasp] | 那个苹果是怎么回事? |
[21:26] | -[Nalini] Oh my God! -[Kamala] Oh my God. | -噢 我的天啊! -噢 我的天啊 |
[21:28] | Hey, man, what the… | 嘿 小子 你搞什么… |
[21:29] | My cake. | 我的蛋糕 |
[21:31] | -Dude! [gasps] -Oh. I’m… I’m so sorry. | -伙计! -我很抱歉 |
[21:33] | [woman] You should be. That cake looked fabulous. | 你是该道歉 |
[21:36] | Gyah. | 那个蛋糕看起来棒极了 |
[21:38] | Can everyone else see the British woman? | 你们其他人能看见这个英国女人吗? |
[21:41] | -I’m actually Australian. -It’s her. It’s Len’s other woman. | -我其实是澳大利亚人 -就是她 她就是伦恩的情妇 |
[21:44] | What? That’s not another woman. That’s our real estate agent. | 什么?她不是什么情妇 她是我们的房产经纪人 |
[21:48] | No, no, no, no. He calls her “baby.” | 不 |
[21:50] | -[all groan] -Oh, Baby’s actually my given name. | 他管她叫“宝贝” 宝贝其实是我的名字 |
[21:53] | I was named after the lead character in Dirty Dancing. | 我这名字是取自 《辣身舞》主角的名字 |
[21:56] | My parents were quite stupid. | 我的父母挺愚蠢的 |
[21:59] | I actually do think that there’s such a thing as too high. | 我认为确实是存在爽过头这么一说的 |
[22:03] | Dad, can we go? This all just got a little too weird. | 爸爸 |
[22:07] | Um… [sighs] | 我们可以走了吗? 这一切变得有点太奇怪了 |
[22:08] | Yeah. Okay, honey. | 是啊 好吧 宝贝 |
[22:11] | Thank you all for… an interesting evening. | 感谢你们大家 让我们度过了一个有趣的夜晚 |
[22:14] | Pleasure to meet you, Baby. | 很高兴认识你 |
[22:16] | Likewise. | 宝贝 我也是 |
[22:17] | Can you please drop me off at home? | 你能送我回家吗? |
[22:22] | Margot, wait. Please don’t go. Our lonely parents need this. | 玛歌 等等 |
[22:25] | [door closes] | 求求你别走 我们孤单的父母需要这个机会 |
[22:28] | Okay, if she’s your “real estate agent,” | 好吧 如果她是你们的“房产经纪人” |
[22:30] | then why is she pressuring Len for money? | 那她为什么一直在催伦恩给钱? |
[22:32] | For a down payment on a family vacation condo. | 那是付家庭度假公寓首付的钱 |
[22:35] | We were going to surprise everyone with it at the wedding, | 我们本打算在婚礼上 给大家一个惊喜的 |
[22:38] | but Baby’s been a little pushy. | 可是宝贝催得有点太急了 |
[22:40] | Darling, places get snatched up, | 亲爱的 房子是很抢手的 |
[22:42] | and to be honest, I really need the commission. | 而且说实话 我真的很需要拿到佣金 |
[22:45] | I’m deep in debt. | 我欠了很多债 |
[22:46] | What can I say? I love to play the ponies. | 我能说什么呢?我很喜欢赌马 |
[22:48] | Okay, well, this has been a very exciting night. | 好了 今晚真是激动人心啊 |
[22:52] | Uh, why don’t we just clean up this mess and say goodnight to Len and… | 我们来收拾这堆烂摊子 并跟这两位说晚安吧 伦恩和… |
[22:57] | -Baby. -[Nalini] Baby. Uh-huh. | -宝贝 -宝贝 |
[23:00] | Hey, Kamala… [sighs] | 嘿 卡玛拉 |
[23:02] | I love your grandmother, and I would never do anything to hurt her. | 我很爱你奶奶 我是绝对不会做任何伤害她的事的 |
[23:07] | I hope to convince you of that someday. [sentimental music playing] | 我希望有朝一日能让你相信这点 |
[23:14] | Bye. [crickets chirping] | 再见 |
[23:21] | Well, tonight was certainly a strange one, | 今晚确实很奇怪 |
[23:23] | and the running theme seemed to be | 而今晚的主题似乎是 |
[23:26] | that you two, however misguided, | 你们俩想要照顾我们 |
[23:29] | were trying to look out for us. | 尽管方法有误 |
[23:31] | Devi, you don’t have to worry about me. | 德维 你不用担心我 |
[23:33] | I am going to be just fine when you leave. | 你走了之后 我不会有事的 |
[23:36] | But… [sighs] | 但有时候 |
[23:37] | …sometimes when I see you eating a Lean Cuisine alone, | 当我看到你一个人吃微波低卡食品时 |
[23:41] | I get sad. | 我很难过 |
[23:42] | Oh, don’t be. Microwave fettuccine Alfredo brings me nothing but joy. | 噢 你不用难过啊 |
[23:45] | -Oh. -And you know what else brings me joy? | 微波奶油意式宽面带给我的只有快乐 你知道还有什么给我带来了快乐吗? |
[23:48] | That you’re okay with me dating. | 那就是你不反对我跟人交往这点 |
[23:51] | Because you don’t wanna die without hitting it again? | 因为你不想在死之前 都没机会再滚床单了? |
[23:53] | Oh God, no. | 噢 天啊 不是 |
[23:56] | We were just trapped in that dark place for so long, | 我们被困在黑暗中太久了 |
[23:58] | and this all made me realize that we’re coming out of it. | 而这一切让我觉得我们正在走出来 |
[24:02] | Although, I don’t think I’ll be moving on with Andres. | 但我觉得未来的日子 我不会和安德烈一起过 |
[24:04] | I heard his tires screech as he peeled out of the driveway. | 当他开车驶出车道时 我听见他的车胎发出刺耳的声音 |
[24:08] | Hmm. And now, Kamala, should we be worried? | 卡玛拉 现在你说 我们还需要担心吗? |
[24:12] | No. I’m sorry. | 不需要了 对不起 |
[24:14] | I just really thought that Len was a con man. | 我之前是真的以为伦恩是个骗子 |
[24:17] | [tsks] Len’s no con man. | 伦恩不是骗子 |
[24:19] | He does not have the organizational skills to con. | 他没有那个组织能力去骗人 |
[24:21] | He keeps all his files in his guest bathtub. | 他把他的所有文件 都放在他的客用浴缸里 |
[24:24] | What is this really about, Kamala? | 这到底是怎么一回事 卡玛拉? |
[24:27] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:30] | I turned down this incredible job recently, | 我最近拒绝了一份很棒的工作 |
[24:32] | and maybe this is all just me distracting myself | 也许我做这些 只是想分散我自己的注意力 |
[24:35] | from feeling regret about it. | 好不去后悔那件事 |
[24:36] | And why did you turn this job down? | 你为什么拒绝了那份工作? |
[24:38] | Because it’s in Baltimore, and I can’t move to Baltimore. | 因为工作的地点在巴尔的摩 而我不能搬到巴尔的摩去 |
[24:42] | I’ve never lived without family. | 我从来没有离开过家人 |
[24:44] | I mean, I think Manish would come, | 虽然我想曼尼什会和我一起去 |
[24:46] | but this little family unit has become particularly precious to me. | 但这个小家对我来说 已经变得格外重要了 |
[24:52] | [Nalini] But we are always here for you. | 但你随时都可以回来找我们啊 |
[24:56] | And if you’re feeling enough regret | 而且 |
[24:57] | to pull the sting operation you did tonight, | 如果你的后悔程度 足以让你对伦恩使出引蛇出洞这一招 |
[24:59] | then maybe you need to take this job. | 那或许你该接受那份工作 |
[25:02] | And hey, you can always visit me. | 而且 嘿 你随时都可以去找我啊 |
[25:04] | I’ll probably be up the coast. | 我可能也会在东海岸 |
[25:06] | You can get a new ID. I’ll take your old ID, uh… | 你可以换新的身份证 你旧的身份证可以给我… |
[25:11] | I know. It’s scary. | 我知道这很可怕 |
[25:12] | Our lives are changing. | 我们的生活在发生变化 |
[25:14] | But… change is good. | 但变化是好的 |
[25:17] | Change is [chuckles] necessary. | 变化是必要的 |
[25:19] | Go to Baltimore, Kamala. | 到巴尔的摩去吧 |
[25:23] | [sighs] | 卡玛拉 |
[25:24] | Now, how about we dig some cake out of the trash | 好了 我们从垃圾堆里 翻几块蛋糕出来 |
[25:27] | and sing a proper “Happy Birthday” to your grandmother? | 然后好好给你们的奶奶 唱一首生日歌吧? |
[25:33] | [Nirmala] I prefer the Stevie Wonder version. | 我喜欢史提夫·汪达的那个版本 |
[25:35] | [all chuckle] | (舍曼奥克斯高中) |
[25:39] | [Devi] So you down to pick up corsages after school? | 你放学后要去挑襟花吗? |
[25:41] | -[Fabiola] I’m down to. -Hey, El, what are you doing here? | 我去 嘿 小埃 你怎么来了? |
[25:45] | I want you both to know that you’re more important to me than acting, | 我想告诉你们俩 你们对我来说要比演戏重要多了 |
[25:49] | and I’m absolutely in for prom. | 还有 我一定会来参加毕业舞会的 |
[25:51] | Really? | 真的? |
[25:52] | -Yes. -[Devi chuckles] Dope. | -真的 |
[25:53] | [indistinct chatter] | -太棒了 |
[25:56] | Um, hey, can you guys give me a sec? | 嘿 你们能等我一下吗? |
[25:58] | I’ll be right back, and then we can buy our tickets. | 我去去就回 然后我们可以去买票 |
[26:01] | -[girl] Okay, sweet. Talk to you later. -Okay, bye. | -好 太好了 回头再聊 -好 再见 |
[26:04] | Hey. Margot. | 嘿 |
[26:06] | [Devi exhales] | 玛歌 |
[26:08] | Um… listen. I am really sorry about last night. | 听我说 昨晚的事真的很抱歉 |
[26:13] | I don’t know what that was with Ben, | 我不知道本是怎么了 |
[26:15] | but I really, really promise that I did not put him up to it. | 但我保证真的不是我让他来的 |
[26:20] | I know. | 我知道 |
[26:21] | Uh, he told me Trent got him high and sent him over to your house. | 他跟我说是特伦特让他磕了药 然后叫他到你家去的 |
[26:25] | Sounds like it was a dumb prank. | 这听着像是一个愚蠢的恶作剧 |
[26:27] | Oh. Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:30] | So then why do you still seem mad? | 那你为什么还是很生气的样子? |
[26:32] | Um, I’m… I’m not mad. I’m embarrassed. | 我不是生气 我是觉得丢脸 |
[26:37] | After we left your house, | 离开你家后 |
[26:38] | we took Ben to Popeyes, where he ate like ten drumsticks. | 我们带本去了家炸鸡店 在那里他吃了大概十个鸡腿 |
[26:41] | And he told me he was just texting me | 然后他告诉我 他给我发信息 |
[26:43] | because he wanted to end the year as friends. | 只是因为他想以朋友的身份结束今年 |
[26:46] | [McEnroe] Damn. Maybe that’s what he’s doing with you, Devi. | 见鬼 他发信息给你 或许也是出于这个原因 德维 |
[26:49] | -I’m really sorry. -Yeah. [sighs] | -真替你难过 -是啊 |
[26:51] | I just feel a little mortified that I showed you all our texts and stuff | 我只是觉得有点丢人 我给你看了我们所有的信息什么的 |
[26:55] | thinking that he might like me. | 还以为他可能喜欢我 |
[26:59] | Would it make you feel better to know | 要是我告诉你 |
[27:01] | that I kind of still have feelings for him too? | 我也还对他有感觉 你会不会好受一点? |
[27:04] | But he doesn’t like me either. | 可他也不喜欢我 |
[27:07] | When you guys broke up, I hoped that he’d ask me out, but nada. | 你们俩分手时 我很期待他会约我出去 但他并没有 |
[27:12] | [laughs] Wait, so… we’re just two rejects? | 等等 |
[27:16] | Mm-hmm, yeah. | 这么说我们俩都被拒绝了? |
[27:18] | [both laugh] | 没错 |
[27:20] | You know, that actually does make me feel better. | 这确实让我好受一点了 |
[27:22] | Hmm. | |
[27:23] | Well, we may never be besties, | 我们可能永远也成不了闺蜜 |
[27:26] | but I would be happy if my dad dated your mom. | 但我会很乐意我爸和你妈交往的 |
[27:29] | Hmm. | |
[27:30] | Well, I’ve always wanted an evil stepsister, so… | 我一直都想要个坏心眼的继姐 所以… |
[27:33] | [scoffs] Bitch, I’m obviously Cinderella. | 小妞 很明显我才是灰姑娘 |
[27:36] | You’re that rat that makes all her dresses. | 你是那只给她做裙子的老鼠 |
[27:38] | [chuckles] | |
[27:42] | Andres. | 安德烈 |
[27:43] | -H… Hi. -Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[27:46] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[27:47] | -Sorry, um… -[Andres] Yeah. | -对不起… -好 |
[27:49] | I’m just, uh… | 我只是… |
[27:50] | I’m just surprised to see you after Birthdaygate. | 我只是没想到 在“生日门”事件后还会见到你 |
[27:54] | [chuckles] Yeah. Well, last night made me realize | 是啊 |
[27:56] | that I… I can’t build my life on the… on the whims of a teenage girl. | 昨晚的事让我认识到 |
[27:59] | [chuckles softly] | 我的人生不能建立在 一个少女的突发奇想之上 |
[28:00] | I don’t know what the hell was going on with our girls and Ben, | 我不知道 我们的女儿和本之间是怎么回事 |
[28:03] | but, uh, I do know that it’s kids’ stuff, and, uh… and I’m a grown-up. | 但我知道 那都是小孩子过家家 而我是成年人 |
[28:08] | And, uh… | 而且 |
[28:10] | I’ve been wanting to do something for… quite a while now. [romantic music playing] | 有一件事我想做很久了 |
[28:23] | I’ve been wanting you to do that for a while too. | 我也想你做这件事很久了 |
[28:25] | [Andres chuckles] | |
[28:27] | Why do you think I had the cabinets replaced? | 你以为我为什么要把柜子换了? |
[28:30] | Why do you think it took me two weeks to fix the faucet? | 你以为我为什么 |
[28:32] | [chuckles] [music continues] | 要花两周时间来修水龙头? |
[28:45] | [McEnroe] Change was in the air for the Vishwakumar clan. | 维什瓦库马尔一家 沉浸在变化的氛围中 |
[28:48] | Scary as it was, Nalini was right. Change was good. | 尽管变化很可怕 但娜里妮说得对 变化是好的 |
[28:52] | And now it was time to welcome the exciting New Jersey change | 现在是时候来迎接摆在德维面前的 |
[28:56] | that lay ahead for Devi. | 这个激动人心 |
[28:58] | [tense music playing] | 与新泽西相关的变化了 (申请状态:候补) |
[29:00] | Waitlisted? What? | 候补?什么? |
[29:02] | -[McEnroe] Devi sat in disbelief. -Damn. | -德维坐在那里 不敢相信这是真的 -该死 |
[29:04] | [McEnroe] After everything she’d done, Princeton had waitlisted her. | 她做了那么多事 到头来普林斯顿却把她放进候补名单 |
[29:08] | But she decided to remain calm. | 但她决定保持冷静 |
[29:10] | Maybe this was just the gods telling her that her path was elsewhere, | 也许这只是诸神在告诉她 她的人生路是通往别处的 |
[29:14] | like New Haven. | 就好比如纽黑文 |
[29:16] | [man 1] …and we regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you a place. | …我们很遗憾告知你我们无法录取你 |
[29:20] | [McEnroe] Or not. What about you, Harvard? | 或许不是那里 哈佛 你这边呢? |
[29:23] | [woman 1] Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you admission. | 很遗憾 我们无法录取你 |
[29:26] | [man 2] …the Committee for Columbia Admissions… | …哥伦比亚大学招生委员会… |
[29:28] | [man 3] We are genuinely sorry to say that we did not find a place for you. | 我们很遗憾通知你我们无法录取你 |
[29:31] | [man 4] After carefully reviewing for Dartmouth, | 经过达特茅斯学院的仔细评估 |
[29:33] | we are sorry to inform you that we cannot offer you… | 我们很遗憾告知你我们无法录取你… |
[29:35] | [woman 2] You may be wondering what was lacking in your application… | 你可能会疑惑你的申请欠缺了什么… |
[29:38] | The Admissions Committee for Brown University… | 布朗大学招生委员会… |
[29:40] | …regretfully unable… | …很遗憾无法… |
[29:41] | -[man 5] Cornell University… -[man 6] Unfortunately… | -康奈尔大学… -很遗憾… |
[29:43] | -[man 7] We denied… -[voices] All decisions are final. | -我们拒绝… -所有决定为最终决定 |
[29:46] | [woman 3] Best of luck with your college career. | 祝你可以就读理想的大学 |
[29:47] | [McEnroe] One waitlist and seven rejections? | 一个候补和七个拒绝? |
[29:51] | That means that Devi Vishwakumar got in… | 那意味着没有一所学校 录取德维·维什瓦库马尔 |
[29:54] | nowhere. | |
[29:55] | [Devi screaming] | |
[29:58] | [“THE DON” by Raja Kumari & Shah Rule] | |
[29:59] | ♪ You’d do better than me ♪ | |
[30:02] | ♪ I bet you thought I’d be dead in the streets, no where ♪ | |
[30:06] | ♪ Look what you done ♪ | |
[30:07] | ♪ You know you were wrong Tell me who’s the don ♪ | |
[30:10] | -♪ I bet you thought ♪ -♪ I bet you thought ♪ | |
[30:12] | -♪ I bet you thought ♪ -♪ I bet you thought ♪ | |
[30:14] | -♪ I bet you ♪ -♪ La, la, la, la ♪ | |
[30:15] | ♪ Tell me who’s the don Tell me who’s the don ♪ | |
[30:18] | ♪ La, la, la, la ♪ | |
[30:19] | ♪ Put my people on Yeah, my people strong ♪ | |
[30:22] | ♪ La, la, la, la ♪ | |
[30:23] | ♪ Don’t be calling on my phone Now that I be on ♪ | |
[30:26] | ♪ La, la, la, la ♪ | |
[30:27] | ♪ Tell me who’s the don Tell me who’s the don ♪ | |
[30:31] | ♪ I be putting in, putting in the work ♪ | |
[30:32] | ♪ Just like there’s no tomorrow ♪ | |
[30:34] | ♪ I be earning them, burning them bills ♪ | |
[30:36] | ♪ No need to beg and borrow ♪ | |
[30:38] | ♪ And I know it’s gonna make you sick ♪ | |
[30:40] | ♪ Ego is the hardest pill to swallow ♪ | |
[30:42] | ♪ Best know when I’m taking shots ♪ | |
[30:44] | ♪ This shit will get rocky, no Apollo ♪ | |
[30:45] | ♪ La, la, la, la ♪ | |
[30:47] | ♪ Tell me who’s the don Tell me who’s the don ♪ |